Speaker 1: You're listening to Bigfoot Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron Tonight's story isn't from a hiker or a camper. It's from a man who's spent over four decades behind the wheel of a semi truck watching America pass by, mile after mile. But in the back roads in swamps of Florida, something started watching him. Back five sightings, two encounters in a truck that shook in the middle of the night with no one in sight. This isn't a legend, it's not a secondhand story. It's a first hand account from someone who knows what he saw. And this is the story of Eric, the trucker who saw five. To stay with us, all right, Bigfoot Society, we got the privilege of talking to Eric today. Eric is an individual who's a listener of the show but also has had some very interesting things he's experienced over the years being a truck driver. So welcome to the show, Eric, how's it going, man?
Speaker 2: Went great so far. Great to be here.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we're hanging out on a Sunday afternoon. It's beautiful up here in Iowa. I hope it's nice where you you are as well.
Speaker 2: It is now we had tornadoes last night, so we're doing good now with the sun out.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you made it through.
Speaker 2: That's good. That's good.
Speaker 1: Now, Eric, before you get going, is there anything that the listeners would need to know for context regarding you being a truck driver or would it probably be best for you just to launch into sharing what you experienced.
Speaker 2: I'll probably just go right into it because of I had two weeks. I've had five sidings and two personal experiences, and I think it'll fill up a lot.
Speaker 1: All right, sir, Well, you know, let's make sure you have all the time you have so for you feel free to take the mic from here and take us back to when this all start happening for you, okay.
Speaker 2: I took the leisure of writing down dates and times after the first one because I was one of those back in the day who always thought this was a north western US and Canada type of thing and there was nothing around here. I never realized how popularly we were with these people, and it was almost like a shock the first time I saw one, which was April thirteenth, twenty sixteen, and that's when I really became a knower. I'd always been a believer because I thought, there's just too much evidence in history, from back in the Viking days of Nova Scotia before it was Nova Scotia, through the early days of the country when American Indians and settlers didn't compare notes, yet they had the same sightings of the same beings. There's just too many things like that. And once I realized people were really did have artifacts from them, things that they've kept from them that they wanted science to look at, then I started really looking at it more and listening even more. And as of April thirteenth, one put himself right in my face down in Florida. And I should also say that I'm a resident of Georgia, but all five of my sightings and two experiences have all been in Florida because I had been. I didn't realize at the time, but I was in a hot zone and for four of those sightings and two experiences it was a hot song and also had a siding two hundred miles north of there, still in Florida, so and which by the way, was my only daylight sighting as well. But I'd always been a believer, And then on that night that almost exactly I used to haul I had a dedicated run from Atlanta down to Central Florida, and I used to take a couple of back roads and bypasses which would take me through a swamp, nice long straight, uninterrupted with traffic, just just a great way to go to save time, and with me always looking at trying to avoid wildlife. You know, I'd see the slightest movement anywhere and try to avoid it. And but this, I was on a bypass, and it's just about, like I said, just about one am, I saw, well, I was on a bypass and there's no street lights there. It's pitch black. There's no moonlight this night, and a couple of cars were coming towards to me. So I cut my brights off. And when I did that, I saw a movement to my left of a man running from the left across the road. I thought, from the right, I mean to the right. I didn't understand why this is all was split second thinking too. So as soon as these two cars passed me, as soon as they got to my front bumper, the last one got to my front bumper, I hit my brights and it was just in time to see this. What I thought was I hadn't hauled has mat in the past. I know, you know a time bac suit would come to the mind immediately, which for anybody that don't know, that's a white one piece suit to protect you from chemicals. And I see this guy from my left, just like a hurricane. He's running so fast. But when I hit my brights it was just in time to see him get to the actual highway and cross in front of me. And he was only I've said four hundred before, I didn't mean to say in the past when I've told another person about this, I didn't mean to say four hundred yards. It's more like four hundred feet. He was pretty close. But when he went across the road, I was awe struck and I couldn't believe what I was seeing because what I thought was a man in a Tivak suit was actually a white haired what I thought was a man run across the road, tall enough to look in the window of my truck without getting on the step and move into Like I've talked to a guy in Florida about their speed, saying that he was moving at an ungodly speed, just doesn't seem to grasp what you feel when you see it. And he said, down here in Florida, we call that psycho speed, and that fits the bill a little bit better. It was psychotic how fast he was moving, but it was slowly enough where I'm such a highly perceptive person anyway that I looked at it's like nothing else existed. I just focused right on him because I was in shock and awe. He was colored differently, which two of these five sightings were colored differently. This one he was white top to bottom, but it looked like he was wearing black gloves that went up his forearms and black boots that went halfway up the shins. So that confused me a little bit, and I thought that's got to be just mud or something. He got on him and he crossed the road, hit the bushes on the right side, and I didn't know there was a river over there. And after talking to and reporting this side into the Florida they're in an international group, but mainly they check on things in Florida, I called them the next night. I looked up to find out who to talk to down there, and the guy that I spoke to the heads that said that he was probably What they do is run back to where they came from an area they're most familiar with, and he must have been heading back to that river because they used those as trailways. And you know, this was kind of new to me too. I didn't know. I've learned a lot about them since twenty sixteen, believe me, but at that time I didn't know that. And he said he would go and check it out. But he said what it was probably was that he had been standing in some real soft riverside swampy mud and he was probably digging for muscles or who knows what else in there to eat, and he was he had just come from the area he was coming from was a farm, a horse farm, so there's no telling what he was coming from and going to butt. When I got home the next night, I looked up the number of the Florida Group, and I looked up the map and to find out where I was at so I could report it actually before him before I called them to tell them where it was. And he told me there was a river there and he would check it out film it. He did, and he put it on his website. And when he filmed it, this was a couple of weeks after I'd me and him had spoken on the phone, which I can say that his one of those associatates called me the next day, and then he called me two weeks after that, and then he went down there and filmed it. And of course there wouldn't be any footprints left if there was before with the Florida rains off and on sporadically as they come. But what he did find, which he even said in the video, I thought was interesting. He was filling the area and you can see scrub marks from wild hogs, so there's a lot of wildlife back there, which Florence still a lot of wild hogs anyway. But where I saw him cross in front of me when he hit the bushes, that was still there. You could see where he came through those bushes, because when he walked up to film this, he said, well, this is interesting. Look at this. It looked like a tunnel. This tunnel was made up of those half inch thick vines with one inch thorns on him, and he just blew right through that like it was nothing. And it was still open where he came through. So that made me feel a lot better too, because at the time I was still almost questioning myself did I really see what I thought I saw because he moved so fast, and what I saw just blew me away. That in Florida, I couldn't believe it. And then the coloring that was explained as I said. And when I got down to the terminal where I was delivering, I played Devil's Advocate and filled and played ignorance to it. And I asked the terminal manager when he came over to get the bill lady, I said, do you guys have any white bears down here? And he said no, and I explained what had happened, and he said, oh, what you saw was a kyote. And I said, coyoties don't wrong on the back legs that fast or at all, and they're not tall enough to look in the window of my truck. And everybody in the off office from the window was quiet. And then there's one guy over in the back corner. He always stares at his computer and never takes his eyes off the screen, never says anything. And he yelled all the way across the room because he had heard our discussion, and he said, what you saw was a skunk akee and we got a bunch of them down here, and everybody got quiet and looked at me. I looked at them, and I just let the the subject drop. And I used on that out because we all know what I saw and they I don't know if they believe it or not, but I just let it drop and I left and next night I got the information. The following day from that, I called and spoke to that group and that all happened what I explained earlier, and that was that, and the guy was He called me two more times after that to see if I wanted to talk about it anymore. And one thing he said that I'll never forget that's still true, is he said, once you've seen one, it don't matter if it's fifty years from now, it'll still seem like it was last night, And that being my first one, it definitely did and definitely does. I still can see it, I still feel it. I said, we'll see everything I saw that night, just as if it just happened, And having already written down everything about it, I just had it on a piece of paper to tell the group about it from down there. But that was April thirteenth, and I was sitting there's an area in the swamp where we as truck drivers, well preface it this way to say we as truck drivers, have to take a mandatory break after eleven hours of driving. And when I'm close enough to that eleven, I'll go ahead and pull over and take my mandatory ten and at least get that out of the way and coming out of Florida, especially with three different back calls, I have. I have a certain place that a park which is right there at that swamp. Now that swamp, that particular big swamp is fifteen miles from where that sighting was my first sighting, and I had no idea that that was a hot zone as well. I found out later through talking to the head of the group that he said he has a lot of sightings in that area, because we've spoke a number of times after this. He said he has a number of sightings from that area, even from local cops who can't report it or thought of as losing their minds and fossily their jobs, but they did. He has had some reports from them in the area. And I told him that this was July of twenty seventeen. I was sitting there taking my break. It's just a great location for the length of time to get from where I'm at to taking the break and still having time to get over there and get everything done that I need and take off from there the following morning, and I was sitting there doing my paperwork and I heard a loud pop. I don't know if this is significant or not, but I went ahead and wrote it down because I grabbed that piece of paper with my first sighting on it, and I thought I better write this down because it could be something, not really thinking too much about it being serious, and I'm still not sure. But I'm sitting there doing my paperwork and there's such a loud pop not too far from my truck that sounded like a twenty two caliber pistol going off. So I looked out the window. You could tell it was fresh wood. In other words, I look out my window, and of course it's pitch black out there, and it's woods and swamp, and I didn't see a flashlight or lantern of anybody who could have been out there, so I didn't know why that would have popped. But I'm just I wrote this down and I relate it now because it could be significant, and I started becoming more I guess at the time I was laughingly saying that I'm so squatched sensitive now that everything you know, I'm looking at it and listening and watching, and still it could have been. And I told the guy down there about that, and he said, yeah, it could have been. They might have been signaling that you just parked it with her. You just never know what the sounds are that they make, or why we don't know enough about the Knox or anything yet exactly. We've got some real good ideas about the Knocks now, but that could have been. So I just left that on the list. And just three months after that October the third of twenty seventeen, I'm two hundred miles north of that swamp taking another back road that I take up through central Florida. I take out of ten and then I take another are back highway so I can go up through central Georgia to where I'm delivering back to Atlanta. And there's a there's an agricultural stop we have to make. We call them aggravation stations or accenters, where we just have to stop and they check to make sure that you know what we've got in our trailer before we get up to the state line. And it's a pretty good distance, you know, it's probably I believe it was about twenty some midd miles from the state line, but it's still it's in a water protected area, conservation area pastures. And of course, me being as I said, quote unquote squatch sensitive, now I'm looking around thinking, yeah, what could exist here? There's food, there's shelter, there's this, there's that. And I went through there so much that three of the officers that work there, we've just waved each other and I'd go on, they know what I've got. And as I slowed down to get his wave, I saw a movement to my left and prifelvision, and when I looked up real quick, I saw another one. I saw a red one. This time it was the only red one I've seen, the only daylight sight that I've seen. It was another one running at that psychotic speed, and he almost made it without me seeing him. He was so fast, but I jerked my head around quick and saw him just in time. He jumped over a six foot fence into the woods, and then he suddenly stopped and slowed down so much. And the reason I say that is that as I was and I'm still rolling I'm still doing about five miles for hour rolling and I was at the area that he went into the wood woods within two seconds. I was so it was so close, and I looked in where he went in. Of course I didn't see him. But before that, the reason I know he stopped and went slow is that him being red and the foliage still being pretty green. I saw him moving behind the foliage and he went real slow, and then he vanished. And as I got to that area, I thought, sure i'd see him, and he wasn't there. I thought, look at that, there's another one. And so I wrote that all down and that was just that was just over a year from the first sighting April thirteenth to October third of seventeen. From sixteen and a month after that, going up that same road, I started noticing tree structures what could have been tree structures, But because now I'm really looking at that area as I go through it and passed it, it's a long ride through swamp and pasture and no body out there and no buildings, no houses or anything, just that accenter. And so I stopped and took a picture of what I thought was the structures, and as I went on past that a couple of one hundred yards. You know, a couple of years before that, I would have looked at those trees the way they were stacked together, and thought, well, you know, they fell in a good synchronized way, I guess, but and look over it. But now I don't, I look at it for what it might be. And a couple of hundred yards from there, out in the middle of a palm Franz field, was a tree limb that had been stripped down, and it was horizontally placed on a couple of branches way out in the middle. I thought I would have thought that who would have or why would somebody do that? And I still don't know why. But as I said, being a squat says, I'm looking at that too and wondering why is that there? And it still could be something I don't know, but just things that I picked up and noticed along the way that may or may not mean anything at all. But that was September. Two months after that. Now I'm into November of twenty seventeen. I'm going through down to the area where I normally park to take my break on the northbound side. I'm southbound on that same highway coming to the end where it meets another highway and tease into it, and I make a left right there. And as I'm you know, cranking up my gears getting the truck moving again, I'm looking. I'm always looking for a movement. And I see movement to my left periphial from my bright lights being on, because as I said, there's no lights in that area that area either or other. And I saw movement to my left just in time for the peripheral of my bright lights to pick up a large, really large black being turn and walk away. And if he hadn't moved, I would have never seen him. I would have never had any reason to look. But when he moved and walked away, I saw his right arm swing back as he stepped away, and I went, there's another one right there, And look how closely as to where I park? This is like I think I measured it at two tenths of a mile from what I normally park, so I know they're right where I easily stay for the night. And now they're really close to home. I'm thinking that this must be a hotter zone than I thought, because it really looks like and I always thought it was but now there's evidence again, and I didn't mission it to the guys that at the terminal anymore. They never said anything else about it to me either. They're just they're not the guys to talk to about stuff like this. I did talk to one truck driver down there, and he kind of looked at me sideways, and I thought, okay, yeah, there's you know, it's just the type that don't want to believe it, and they'll start thinking that I'm a whack of So there's very few people, even family, that that I tell anything to, because even some of them that I thought would believe me, they even looked at me kind of quietly, and I thought, okay, well, I won't talk to these family members anymore about it. And in fact, my girlfriend at that time and my oldest sister were they They believe me. They know me well enough to know I'm not just making up fantasies to be to talk and draw attention to myself. I'm not that way. My girlfriend is a full blood American Indian. In her tribe, they have them, she believes in them. I can't even pronounce what they call them, but she's from an Arizona tribe and there she knows up very well. And then my sister, of course, she just believed me because she knows me. There were other friends that I told that that were semis So believers, and they still looked at me like, you know, maybe you'll see one out west, but for you to have this many sightings and be right there in Florida, I don't know. It just made me feel like that. They didn't actually say it, but I know them well enough for their looks, so I quit talking to anybody about it. And I haven't even mentioned this to anybody in years. I'm a knower. I know they exist, and when I see people online talking about the what it could be instead of you know, I just let it go that one day people are going to know, and right now it's just I think more people nowadays know than ever before. I think we've communicated enough now that a lot of people know about them, and the ones that don't know just don't want to believe. And you know that's there right as well. I'm not I would never try to convince anybody, but as far as I can tell, like my family members, they really don't have any reason to believe other than what I've told them because they're not out and about. And I can also say that if I hadn't been in these certain areas on this job, I would have never seen any but I happen to be on the right highway, in the right locations at the right time. Obviously, I don't know if maybe they would have been doing what they were doing anyway, whether I was there or not, but they were obviously in my eyesight and close to me at that time anyway, and they could have waited. That's another question I have about it, is these road crossings I've had, and these sightings I've had, why didn't they just wait until I passed? And why would they come out in front of me like that? That always made me one to two. Thus, they don't have any answers for really. So after having that third sighting that was November fifteenth or twenty seventeen, it was nine months later, October twenty third of twenty eighteen. This was at eleven thirty five PM, I had another road crossing, and this one as I came down through that swamp area again, I got to where it teas off and I make my left where I'd just seen a year before that one on the on the left. As I started cranking up my gears, well, I had gotten up to roughly eighth ninth gear, so I had pretty good speak going at that time. And that's kind of a dark highway as well. But as you get further up the road, street lights are starting, and there's some businesses and houses. But before that, there's a there's still a lot of pasture land around there, and there's a painting farm or some type of farm with some animals on it that advertised on the right. And I see this is, you know, late at night, as I said, eleven thirty five, and so I'm watching all the time, and I see movement again. This is on my right side. So I look, and here is a black one running right towards me. As I'm going up that road. He's coming down the other side towards me. And I'm looking at him as he crosses the road, of course, taking in all the characteristics I can of him. And this one's also colored strange, but he's a black one with a gray face. I could see. I didn't have my glasses on it at that time, but I can still tell. I was close enough to tell that he was gray faced and black. He was running on all fours and don't I wouldn't say it was the psychotic speed I had seen twice, but this was very fast. But when he crossed the road, I noticed he had a white side, and without my glasses on, thinking about it later, I was thinking that, well he came from that patentsume maybe he had a goat under his left arm. He was carrying like a football. Maybe he had a labrador or a sheep, a pig, And he was just far enough with that I couldn't really tell. He was close enough enough that I could tell that. I couldn't get details, but I got characteristics. And as I got up to where he crossed the road he went across. When I reported that one to the same Florida group, the guy said, well, there's a three foot bob wire fence right there where he crossed it. He jumped and on and I said, as a matter of fact, he didn't jump. He ran across that fence like it was an open gate. That's just how big he was. And he was built like a like a football player wearing pads. He was huge. And as he came barreling towards me, I was taking all this in and as he crossed the road, I've got so used to this now you could say that as he crossed the road, I remember saying to myself out loud, don't look, there goes another one of those things they say don't exist, And there he goes. I watched him cross, no moonlight out. But when he got into that pasture area, he went into an island of trees and I couldn't see, but I could see his white side, And once the white side disappeared, I knew he was in the trees pretty thick. So if he had been, if he didn't have a white patch on his side, and he was standing there at night, i'd never seen him. There's no telling how many had been around me. And I don't E didn't know about it, but that characteristic gave him away, like he was running with a spotlight on his side, and it was this whole rib cage. And I've heard since then that there's been some scene with a big white patch on their back and on the chest area, So it could have been that. I don't know. I just don't know what it was. It's it's just funny that he was coming from a zoo or a farm, rather and he had that that white side, so it made me think, that's all I mean, I really don't know. And I reported that one and the head of that group again he went out there and he said he sat and that's also let me say this also that that that is right at some power lines, and he said that power line area is a very hot area for them to travel. So, like I said before too, and I'm in a hot someone out even realizing it. They're all around me down there, which is why I never got out of my truck at night. I never one time. I did before before I knew this, but after these and the things that are going on down there, I just quit getting out at night. That hadn't really really no reason except to wait until in the morning daylight or close to daylight with my strong flashlight. So he said when he went down there to check it out, that he sat for two hours on the side of the road, watching and waiting, and he interviewed, talked to some people that had the UH that lived close by, not right that area, but live close by, And he talked to a few people at the first sight and as well and let his card with them, but just to let him know that he was on their property looking around, and but he said again he didn't see anything. And that was that was another area where the cops I reported seeing them as well. So it's good to know that, you know, somebody in the law enforce I have seen the same things I've seen. But as I said before too, i'm a believer now, I mean I'm a knower now. And I wasn't even thrilled to see that one. As big of a deal as that was. I just saw him like I was watching, you know, anybody's horse had gotten out, and he ran across the road. There goes a horse, and it just wasn't that thrilling. It was exciting to see, but I'm calm about it now. And so anyway, that was my fourth one, and that was twenty eighteen. The fifth one went all the way up to January twenty sixth of twenty twenty two, and this happened at two am again the same area that swamp. As I'm coming down to where the road's to you off. I had always thought that that pasture area across where the highway teas into the next highway looked like a great place for one. So for those next three years or so, every time I made that stop right there, it hit my bright lights. When there were no cars around where, it would just my lights would sweep across that field. Because it's pitch black out there, but I've seen it in the daytime. I know what's there. And as my lights would sweep across across, I could see, you know, a deer once in a while, and a cow once in a while. It wasn't a lot of cows out there, and I would just sweep it and go on. Well, this night of January twenty sixth, when I made the sweep, I saw it like a bright neon lights lights beaming off of that. I saw a white one, another white one, and it was Now this was also the creepiest one of all. For some reason, he was probably at least three hundred yards away. You know, he wasn't real close, but I didn't I know enough about their characteristics. Now when I see one, I know one, and he was. It was a white one. He was standing slightly turned to the right but towards me, and he was leaning over just a little bit, and he was just standing there like a statue. And as I made the sweep, I went look at that there, speaking out loud to myself. I talked to myself a lot, but I said, look at that, there's another one, and without my bright lights. When once my lights had passed him, I couldn't see him anymore. It's so pitch dark out there. So I leaned forward and looked out my passion's side window because I couldn't see him, and it's pitch black. There's no way to see him at without my bright lights, I would never known he was there either, even though he's completely white. And I reported that one to the guy as well to the group. But that one was the creepiest one for some reason. And I've heard about them projecting things into people like confusion and fear and things like that, so I think this one was possibly just reaching me and saying that I'm not safe, don't stop, don't come over here. Who knows or what reason why. But even though he wasn't moving, he was just standing there looking at me. I had a real crazy feeling about him, and I was glad to leave him behind and keep on going up the road because that was very strange. So that was my five sightings, and I've had two other experiences, which is the reason I don't run Florida anymore, besides having sightings which some people would get away from it all because of that. That kind of fascinated me, but I didn't want to get too close to be one of the people. I've heard on their sightings where they've run into them in the woods, or they've almost bumped into them, or they were twenty feet from them, and that kind of thing. I can only imagine how terrifying that could be to anybody. When I'm seeing the sheer size and the bulkiness and thickness of these beings at a safe distance. I've had the kind of sightings that most people wish they could have, where they could just see them from their vehicle and keep going. Thankfully, all five of my sightings have been like that. But right there again at that hot swamp coming back where I take my break, where I heard the pop before I pulled in there on June sixteenth or twenty two, so this is five months roughly after seeing that white one, and that's always been a safe place to park. The trucks line up there bumper to bumper on both sides of the highway, especially on the south down side, but on the north down side, we have a limited amount of space, and we might have maybe eight tractor trailer combinations in there, bumper to bumper pretty close, and that's all the room there is, whereas the other side goes for a few tenths of a mile and it's further up. It's not right beside us, it's further up. So we're kind of in this. We're on this side of the road by ourselves. But there's always been a safe place to park, and it's such a safe place that even though it's out in the public. What I do when I shut down for the night, when I turn lights out and the motor off and everything, or leave it on for that matter, I always cover my eyes and ears. What I do is I take a dish towel and fold in half and cover my eyes and ears for complete and total darkness, just in case any lights hit me. And then I take my gun range ear covers and put them over the towel over my ears, and it holds the towel there. And it's very nice and quiet and peaceful where I can sleep goether I can't even hear I can barely hear cars driving past me, and I don't wear that kind of what I call a rig just everywhere. And if I'm in a questionable place where I've got to shut down for the night on the side road or entrance exit ramps somewhere, I don't do that. And it's not a very good nice sleep either. But there just like a rest area, I put the rig on and I'm lights out. But anyway before that, I pulled into that swamp and I shut down and thinking everything's normal, normalless it ever is, And I'm standing between the seats with the lights on, and I'm reading and it's an inspection report that was just done on my motor. Because I try to improve each sound. I have a PM done on the motor. I try to see if my idle times better, mileage is better for a mile, etcetera. So I like to read over it and compare them. And I'm standing there between the seats reading over that one, and my whole truck rocked. And it wasn't what something my co workers. I told some of the guys about they because they parked down there, and I said, you guys, be careful when you parked on there, because somebody rocked my truck. The other night, and I never told any of them what I know it was. And they said, oh, no, it's just your air bags releasing. They'll tremble a little bit. And I said, I've been driving almost forty two years. I'm sixty two years old. I started driving in the early eighties. I know what airbags feel like when they release. At this stage of the game. You know, they'll give you a little shudder while there the air's coming out of them. But this, and also I told them my motor wasn't even even running. I mean, my motor was still running, so there was no reason for the air bags to release. So it wasn't that anyway. But whatever did this, I was telling them, rocked my truck so hard that I took one hand to clutch my seat because I was rocking inside like that. And I was so shocked by that. I immediately cut the light out and looked out the window, and of course nothing was there. And that was not a very good night's sleep that night, because that had never happened, and I'd never heard of it happening, And so I didn't park down there again next morning when I left. When I came back down a couple of days later, I didn't park there. I'd go past that highway twenty more miles up to the interstate where I knew of a good rest area and I could shut down. And I did that for a few months, but when I went past that area. Funny thing was when I went past that highway and looked there might be only one or two trucks parked there. So I started wondering, maybe some of my neighbors have been getting harassed there too, and we don't know each other, we wouldn't have any reason to know. Have a coffee break there and talk about it. So this went on for weeks. When I went past there, nobody hardly was there, and I wasn't gonna stop. Forget it. I never parked there on weekends, but even during the week I just went on past it. And I finally got my gumption up again. That happened June sixteenth or twenty two, well, September eighth of twenty two. Let me back up. At the end of August, I went there and nothing happened, so I thought everything was okay. Whatever did that must have been a fluke. I don't know what kind of fluke it could have been, but maybe I won't be bothered anymore, even though I know what did it. Well. September eighth was the second time parking there from my initial return, and everything was fine. I had put the lights out, motors off, I put my rig on, and I was in just about and I was in such a deep sleep. I was dreaming. And my truck got rocked so hard that my head was bouncing and rolling around on the pillow, and I was in such a state. Well, I was dreaming that just a few years before that we'd had a tornado where I was living at the time. My wife. My wife couldn't wake me up. She had ran upstairs and she was bouncing my head on the pillow. Tell me I was under a sleeping pill. I should take those once in a while. And that night I had taken a sleeping pill and she was bouncing my head on the pillow and she said, this is the third time I've came up here. You've got to get out of here. The tornt They just said, the tornado was almost here. Get down to the basement where we're at. I slowly fell out of the bed and got up and anyway, when my truck was being rocked, I was dreaming that I was in that place again, with my wife bouncing me, telling, trying to wake me up. That's how hard the rocking was. I immediately tore the rig off, kind of kiss cussing, because now I was getting irritated with it. I jumped up out of the bed and looked out the window, and nothing's there, of course, which made me even more mad. So I thought, these things are harassing me now. And I had already tested the springs on the truck, trying to recreate what happened the first time. And I'm two hundred and sixty five pounds, I'm sixty two, and I had gotten up on the side step and grabbed the monkey bar and I had bounced up and down, pulling on it. I'd push on it, shake it, and I can barely move those springs, which I knew would happened. That the suspension is huge on these trucks. But whatever was shaking me was shaking it like you would you would rock any like a motorcycle, like you're bouncing up and down on a little dirt bike. It was rocking me so hard, and I thought, that's it. I'm not I'm not coming here anymore. This is it. But I was. I was mad. I wasn't afraid. So what I did was throw my rig back on and go back to sleep. I mean, not long before that. I would have never done that, but I was. I was. I was more mad than anything else. And I kept going down there. But another thing I heard about was the Chippewa will Before they go into the woods, there are jibs and chip Hole would speak to the beams and say, I'm coming in because I have to hunt, etcetera, etcetera, don't bother us, We're not here for anything, et cetera, sort of apologizing as they come into the wood line. And I thought, I'm going to do that. I'm going to park down there, and I started doing it. When I parked there, I would just roll my window down and talk to the darkness and just tell them that I'm only here because I have to be. Don't scare me tonight. I'm not here to bother you. I'm only here because I have to be. As soon as I get my rest, I'll be gone. And I did that for the last few times I was there until I got another run. Because what I did was I talked to my dispatch about changing locations because i'd been running that same area for so many years, and all over Florida for that matter, but actually that area that as of August last year, I started running North and South Carolina instead because I thought they're getting too close to me now and I don't want to get any closer and have to find out what to do next time. And I don't know what might be the next time, what might happen, And I'll just leave this as a as a peaceful get away. You all keep living as you're living, and I'm going up here to live as I live, which, by the way, I had been invited twice because of these sidings. I've been invited twice by people to go down and camp and do some trailing and tracking, and I refused both times. I just haven't. I don't have any use for that. I'm not a researcher and I don't want to be one, and I don't want to bother them anyway. So there's not anything that I would I would look forward and try to do. I just wouldn't want to bother them anyway. You know, if I was hunting and I ran into some by accident, that's one thing, But actually camp and look for them. I don't want to do that. I have no reason. And I just looked at live as you live, and I'm going to go live as I live unless I have a peaceful separation forever, I hope. And uh, I'd say that that's it. That's my experiences in Florida. All in Florida.
Speaker 1: By the way, Eric, that is the incredible grouping of encounters and so interesting. You're a truck driver as well. I want to comment real quick. A lot of truck drivers reach out to me. They don't come on record. There's there's more out there that's happening. Then more people that then people realize when it comes to truck drivers seeing Bigfoot, it's a lot. So it's it's very unique that you you've come on record, and thank you for doing so. There's something you said at the very beginning that I thought was interesting because you said it really quick. You may not have even noticed that you said it, but uh, I'm just curious. So you refer to them as as people is what I heard?
Speaker 2: Correct? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, what was it was? What made you get to the point where you you now refer to them as people as opposed to like a skunk, Gabe, or bigfoot or sasquatch.
Speaker 2: The main thing that made me, even even though I've never personally heard this, it was there's beach they have where they communicate with each other, and I've heard there's family units and small clans and they try not to bother us that like any other animal or or a person pretty much would would do, but unless they're threatened. But the speech and communication what I've heard about, and I've heard the recordings from from Ron in California, and in fact I heard them again the other day that you know, they've they're built like us, just more extreme, but they communicate. They're built like us, They've got the same body parts we do, so why wouldn't they have the same family units? And it makes me think of them as just that as people, as groups of a different huge strain of people. That's all. It's, That's all it.
Speaker 1: Is, gotcha. It's it's very interesting, especially, I mean when you think of there's there's some times when they've been referred to as like the wild man, and you know there might be something to that. Think of what would happen if you know, we were put in a wooded situation for years and years and years. What would happen to us eventually? I mean, who knows, right, but it might bring us back to a certain way of living.
Speaker 2: There's no telling, absolutely no way of telling that. But yeah, I agree, it would.
Speaker 1: Be an interesting experiment. I don't know if it'll ever be done. But you mentioned that you see them move like psycho speed fast, which is a really interesting way to say that, but I think it definitely gets the point across. Have you ever seen anything else move that psycho speed fast? In this can even be in like a movie or a TV show, anything else that comes close to what you would see.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only thing I could compare it to is that I thought about this beforehand. Back then was Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom I grew up on. They would show a leopard run in slow motion where you would see a blur behind him, and then they would let it go at actual speed. It reminds me of that it's just lightning super fast, and I couldn't believe it. It's still hard to believe that a being that that size can move that quickly. It's no doubt that they are the greatest athlete on the world in the world with their strength and speed that who could match that? What could match that? And I've also heard witnesses say out in Alaska that they had seen a squatch standing at the end of a woodline, and these guys, they were some type of tribe in Alaska, and they were in the canoe coming up on the shoreline, so they stopped when they saw the squats on the left side side neyud just see him in the shadows. But to the right they also stopped because the grizzly bear was just taking his time on all fours walking down the shoreline. So they stopped and looked and watched, and that grizzly sniffed the air, and without missing any of his stride, he did a U turn and just sauntered down the other way, like I want to go down there. And I've heard about him easily killing black pears, but I LOSTO heard them killing and breaking the necks of grizzlies. So as fast as they are, as strong as they are, there's no match for them. But the speed is just it's just funny. When I talk to the guy in Florida, he said, that's what we say down here. It's psychotic speed and I said, man, you hit it right on the right on the nail head. Because I've said ungodly a lot. It's like that, just don't quite get it. Are super fast and nothing reaches me like psycho speed does because it's Another guy said that it reminds him of back in the black and white movie days of Dracula when the used have Friday night fright videos on different characters like that that you would see a you would see Dracula and then so he would disappear and then reappear split second thirty feet away. He said, it's kind of like that, like they just not vanish and reappear, but they move so fast. It's almost like that. But I agree that it's just the word psych it go just just grabs me where it needs. Characteristically, their their speed is like that.
Speaker 1: Those are some really interesting ways to describe it, and I think those are new ones to this show. Thank you for Thank you for digging deep. Those are pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I want to clarify something about your your sightings that you've had. Was there ever a time where you were able to see any any details of the face or anything like that.
Speaker 2: No, I wish there was, but I was never. They were never moving slow enough or it was too dark, and I wasn't close enough to actually see that. I've seen the faces from profile, and the one on all fours running towards me. I could tell his face was gray, but I couldn't see detail. And again I wouldn't wear my lie said that night, either right makes sense? Is uh?
Speaker 1: So what you had seen at different times? You know after Let's say you see the Patterson Gimblin film or the Patty film, is it was it similar at all to that? Or make completely different from what you saw.
Speaker 2: Now? The one on all fours would have been her size, just a huge barrel with limbs, running towards me. The one that made a let when I saw him turn and walk away, he was that big. Also, the red when I saw run across the road and jumped the six foot fence, was smaller, and he might have been a six footer. He just wasn't one of those mega huge ones. He wouldn't even as thick as them, but he was at least six feet I'd say the white one that on my very first sighting, he had to be at least seven feet tall, maybe more. It was such a quick sighting and my first one. I could only compare it to him being able to look in my truck without stepping up. We could be eye to eye with me sitting in the seat. So he might have been a little more than seven feet. And the white one that was way out in the pastor I couldn't tell, but he was he was pretty thick. I could tell he wasn't just tall and skinny because he was standing there and I could see him for a few seconds as my life went past him.
Speaker 1: Do you think, let's say, man, I mean, there's something that could rock the entire truck. That's that's big, that's a lot of force. Do you think they could have actually gotten inside the truck if they wanted to easily.
Speaker 2: I think with the limbs and trees that they break, if they really wanted me, it's so amazing that they aren't more. I mean, they could eat if they wanted to, They could be as violent and wipe us out. I believe if I drove past that one that was standing there and it turned and walked away, never know any was there, if he wanted to, he would have easily snatched the door off my truck and snatched me out if he wanted to. I have no doubt about that. As strong as they are, and as we're almost feeble compared to them, there's nothing we have physically to outmatch them, and their strength is really ungodly I can use the word for that.
Speaker 1: You know, it makes me, It makes me wonder and man, if you could only get in side their heads and know what they think. When all of a sudden, out of the darkness, this massive truck comes flying out of nowhere. It's like, do they know it's it's a vehicle like a little you know, but well, a little super outback or something like that is a totally different vehicle as opposed to a huge, you know, truck you're driving. And I wonder if they man it would be it would be fascinating to get inside their head for a few different reasons. But I wonder if they're looking at a truck as like a huge enemy or just they're a where yeah, one of those weird you know, those those human creatures are in there. They've just you know, decided they've figured out how to control it's it's one of those thinking out loud things. But you know, seeing being able to have multiple sightings was there a thing that you realize. It's like, as soon as you saw this one thing about them, or notice the way that they were they were acting, You're like, oh, it's one hundred percent, it's a it's another one of these people from the woods.
Speaker 2: A certain characteristic.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, the color, because I've only seen three different colors, and when I see what I think is is one and it's one of those three color colors and they're as big as they are from top to bottom, I think that's no human. There's no there's no man or woman that big and that thig and moving that fast, or like the last sight in the white one, so big and thick, just standing there out the middle of a pitch black field, the things, just seeing them move and even standing there, and just the overall feeling I get from looking at them that I know that's not a human. In fact, I've seen when I saw that white one just a few days after that, there was and I've ever seen this before either when I made that I continued making that sweep with my headlights, I made that left turn, but when I got down to the end of that swamp road to make the left, there was a couple of this was at midnight. There were a couple of cars, I mean trucks, pickup trucks with their headlights on, parked out there in the middle of the field. And who knows what they were doing and wine maybe maybe there was something going on with the cattle or the farm. Animals were found over there. It makes me wonder a lot, but that was unusual. But as far as seeing them, that's all I can say is just their size and the color. I've seen two black ones, two white ones, and the red one in the daylight. So anytime I see that right then, you know, I go right to there they are. There's another one. But when I saw when I had the fourth side and across the road in front of me on all fours, Like I said, I'm just not excited that much by then, and I just say look at that. There he goes. Yeah, they don't exist, But there he goes again, there goes another one.
Speaker 1: Rather right, they sure not are out here and they're all over the place. Yeah, that's funny. Sometimes people report that they have interactions like this and it will things will start to manifest at their home. Have has anything like that ever occurred? After you've had these interactions in the truck.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. And I had been aware of that, yeah, and hoping that wouldn't happen to me. I've heard about them attaching themselves in some way like that, and back when I was wondering all the time, you know, I think about it every day, especially when I was down there. I would look in the woods constantly for any movement, and I had really hoped that they wouldn't let that happen to me, Like and when I did my speeches, I call them speeches when I have my little saying down there before I go to sleep at night too, I would say that that would be one of the things I would say, is don't go with me, just stay where you're at. I'm not here to bother you, et cetera, et cetera. I have my own little thing that I would say like that. And thankfully, no, nothing that ever happened.
Speaker 1: Eric, That's that's a really big detail. I wonder that's got to have something to do with it. How how you're like, hey, you know, don't cross the boundary, you know, please please stay where you are. I honestly think there's there's something to what you did, and and how you haven't experienced that that that's the super super interesting. It'll be interesting to hear if people that listen to this episode. I know that we're definitely we're staying vague as to the swamp and the hot zone and all that, which is more than okay. But I'm sure that some truck drivers will probably be like, I know exactly and yeah, I've had weird stuff too. If you guys don't want to put it in the comments, or you know, not putting it out there and being not being a public about it, you always can. You can reach out to me if if you'd like as well, you send me an email Bigfoot Society, gmail dot com. I know there's a lot of truck driver stuff happening, but sometimes you guys want to stay in the shadows, and that's more than okay.
Speaker 2: So that'd be great. And another reason I don't say anything about that is not only to keep the general public away from it, but it's also there's different group groups that have that as a research area. So I didn't want to throw it out there for everybody. But once I mentioned about Wheterly Park and how we park, it probably is an indicator but I had to say that because after that first episode of shaking my truck, it dissipated. There just weren't many trucks there, if any, some nights. So once I started seeing the crowd come back, I went back and it took a few weeks. So there must be somebody else who've had some experiences down there.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting. Oh this is kind of a weird, weird thing, but it just popped in my head. I don't know a lot about the trucker life, but I know a little bit, mainly what I've pulled from old movies. Did you ever reach out? Well, first off, do you still have like cbe radios in trucks?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I still use them.
Speaker 1: Did you ever reach out when when you're in a certain area and be like, Hey, did anyone else experience that or just see that or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I never did that. I never did that anymore than talking to him in person, even though that would be a little more incognito. I still I just got kind of the cold shoulder enough that I didn't mention it anymore to anybody. And the lead mechanic where I work I had mentioned I had mentioned to him that I've been shook down there. And he's another one that's kind of looking at me strange, but he was a little more understanding. He said, well, it is kind of strange that in all the years you've been driving, it's never happened before, and it only happened down at the swamp. He says, Okay, that's a good point right there. And another driver was standing close by, and he was one of those that was kind of looking like there's nothing going on down there. You know, that's what they want to believe. That I've experienced it. I'm not going to try to convince you. Just go ahead and keep parking down there and see if that happens to is how I feel about it. I'm not down there anymore now, but I know what's there visually and experienced it.
Speaker 1: Eric, this has been just a really fun conversation. Learned a lot about don't talk a lot about Florida stuff. So I'm glad that you came on. As we as we start to wrap up our time, I want to make sure that you were able to get everything shared that you wanted to share on the show today, and there's nothing else that you wanted to make sure you got out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's it because I just what I did was get my notes just for the show. It was really easy. I didn't have to really try to recall anything. I've got everything right there with the dates and times and locations, and so know that that's that's it. I've said it all. That's awesome about it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Thank you so much for coming on the show.
Speaker 2: Eric.
Speaker 1: I have a few more, like one or two more questions for you, but I just want to say thank you so much for coming on the show today. Absolutely just wanted to take a minute to say thank you seriously to all of you listening to the Bigfoot Society podcast. And if you're watching on YouTube, hit that subscribe button and tap the bell so you never miss an episode. And hey, if this story gave you chills or made you think about Lorda Swamps twice, please share it with a friend. If you're listening on Apple or Spotify, make sure you're following the show and leave a quick review. It helps more than you know. And listen if you or someone you know has had a Bigfoot encounter, especially in places like Rainbow, Oregon, McKinsey Bridge, Sweet Home, Oakridge, anywhere in that subtle Lake area. Shoot me an email at Bigfoot Society gmail dot com. I'd love to hear your account. Don't forget. Sasquatch Summerfest is coming up July eleventh through the twelfth at Greenwaters Park in Oakridge, Oregon. You can get a two day ticket for the price of one when you use the code b FS short for Bigfoot Society at www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. Huge thanks to Priscilla for hooking that up for our listener. Until next time, stay curious, stay safe, and remember just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there.