Speaker 1: It's Max ninety six ' nine the Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 2: I'm Priscilla, and I'm also confused but also supportive. So there's this new dating app, a sober dating app that costs five hundred dollars a year and has a five thousand person waiting list. So the point is, obviously you have to be sober and not drinking or doing anything recreationally to be a part of it. Potential members need to get three referrals in order to apply to join the club. It vets all its prospects by asking how much they drink, if they're recovering, if they're just sober in general. And they also have premium tiers, yearly tiers. It's just basically different type of price packages. And I didn't realize how many people were interested in dating others that were sober. And it makes sense though, because especially if you're recovering, you want to make sure you have a partner that understands that.
Speaker 1: And a five thousand person waiting list. Good on them. I hope they find love.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars seems like a lot, though, I'm not going to lie for, you know, finding love, but if it's gonna help them find someone that aligns with their life.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. Good morning, it's ninety six ' nine.
Speaker 2: Your chance to go to Lego Land is coming up around six point forty this morning. I'm Priscilla and Sid. Did you see that this El Paso school has banned all black outfits in their school because it's associated with quote unquote associated with depression.
Speaker 1: See. I think they went a little too far with this one, because most likely a lot of the.
Speaker 2: Teens are dealing with it's not just something right black what they're wearing, you know, So what do you think? Well? Here, my thing is like some of my fiercest outfits have been all black exactly.
Speaker 1: I've felt the most confident in all black.
Speaker 2: And also, how about we address other things, like let's ban bullying.
Speaker 1: Let's start there. And I think it's funny that they have to specify.
Speaker 3: When I first read it, I'm like, Okay, they can't wear black at all, but it's head to toe black outfits.
Speaker 1: It's like, let emo kids be emo?
Speaker 2: What are the emo kids gonna do? So you're allowed to wear black? Like if I had a black shirt in like colorful pants, that's fine. Yeah, but it's an all black outfit.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, I guess that's fine, but I don't get it. I don't either.
Speaker 2: And again, if it is something that, if the reason why is because you say it's associated with depression, how about taking care of the other things that actually are you know what I mean, like the bullying and maybe the workload and homework or the long hours.
Speaker 1: Like let's start there.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, not about what they're wearing, and let the emo girls express themselves.
Speaker 1: Let's m be justice for emo girls. That's jewel. I'm mixed ninety six to nine. Priscilla here with you. Producer said in the building.
Speaker 2: Uh, hey, you know, I never really got your gauge on what kind of Disney fan you are? Are you like a big Disney fan? You just like it in passing? What's your vibe?
Speaker 1: I love Disney.
Speaker 3: I'm that typical like nineties, I have attachment to all of the old cartoons.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then you're gonna love this because there are going to be new movies coming out that are in reference to all the fun older ones, for example Snow White and the Seven Dwarves the live action version that may be interesting. I know, I'm really excited for that. Also, Leelan Stitch is coming out the live action. They did a little preview and Stitch looks so fun. I love Leelan Stitch the music, Roller Coaster Ride, Moana to Live Action is coming out, and also Maana I'm sorry Mowana live Action and Moana two is coming out in Credibles three, Frozen three, and Toy Story five is coming out, but five. When I heard about the plot, I don't know why it made me emotional, I know, but it's basically, the toys are going up against electronics and technology. So basically like Woody and Buzz are going to try to figure out how to get kids to still play with them when iPads exist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have a new family and they're like, we don't want him to be an iPad kid, which is sad. The pictures the kid under the covers with an iPad.
Speaker 1: Oh, it made me.
Speaker 2: It literally broke my heart because I got an iPad kid unfortunately, and I can't remember the last time she sat down and play with toys. So now I'm gonna go home and throw her iPad away and get her with some toys.
Speaker 1: As far as Attraction's coming to the parks.
Speaker 2: This is so exciting, and Ganto themed ride coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom, A Cocoa ride is coming to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Such good music in both of those.
Speaker 2: Yes, Monsters Inkland is coming, and then Villain's Land is coming, which is so dope. I don't know if you know this, sid, but Jax when she was like four years old, was obsessed with Ursula. I could see that, like, she is a villain's kid full stop. So it's gonna be super fun to see all this stuff unfold. Hopefully in the near future will have trips to Disneyland to hook you up with.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then you can see some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, depends on what park it's at. Yeah, I guess it's done it everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's Green Day.
Speaker 2: I'm Excity six nine The Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla Here producer said, I came across this thread on social media of the things that happened this year you may have forgotten about, and it made me giggle because there's so.
Speaker 1: Many funny things.
Speaker 2: So if you want to rip through this list, first on it, do you remember Selena Gomez Taylor Swift's whisper heard around the World at the Award show.
Speaker 1: How could I forget?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Do you think they were talking about someone else? Yeah? Like gossipy not Yes. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I love Taylor Swift, I love Selena Gomez, but sometimes I do think they lean into the.
Speaker 3: Like woe is me? Like I'm just a sweet little girl right here. Well, because remember somebody tried to take a picture with Timmy shallow may or Selena tried to take a picture of Timmy.
Speaker 1: Yes, Kylie was like no, yeah, and then they gave made her the bad guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, what about this when Chelsea from Love is Blind claiming to look like Megan Fox.
Speaker 1: This Chelsea girl had the year of her life. I'm like, where is she now?
Speaker 2: So Nick Vile, who is on The Bachelor, he actually said he met her in person, and he's like, I'm not gonna lie, I see the resemblance. Really yeah, So he's like if you He's like, obviously they're not twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you put them next to each other, you can see why people say that.
Speaker 3: I'm still questioning is Megan Fox's pregnant I don't know, or was she just doing it for that music video to be okay?
Speaker 1: To be determined.
Speaker 2: Okay, the one week mob aesthetic Mob wife aesthetic that was trending. So I funny, remember I'm trying to buy a fur coat and I was like, said, what do you think about this?
Speaker 1: Should I buy this coat? It was like around Christmas earlier for the Christmas party. I guess I bought it and I was like, this is ridiculous. I'm gonna sit in your closet and.
Speaker 2: I returned it because I'm like, the mom wife aesthetic is not for me.
Speaker 1: It's not for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Clearly it's transformed a little bit into bratgirl summer.
Speaker 1: So what is the brackgirl summer? I want to say this in the most loving way.
Speaker 3: Puzzle trashy, a little bit trash fun like think Kasha twenty twelve, Like you know, heavy eye makeup that's a little smudged.
Speaker 2: Like you haven't showered, a low rise g like your.
Speaker 1: Room smells like a turtle tank.
Speaker 2: Yes, got it, it's still around.
Speaker 1: It's just called something out perfect.
Speaker 2: And then my favorite, speaking of turtle tank, the Willy Wonka Glasgow Experience aka the Fry Festival of Chocolate Factories. Do you remember that, like bootleg version of with a willywalk experience, and the girl that looks just so out of her mind.
Speaker 1: The bartender dressed up as the Oopalopu. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Guys. If you missed any of these photos or any of these viral moments, you gotta check them out on our Instagram right now at Mix ninety six nine FM. Shaboozy on Mixed ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. He's gonna be at Hila River Resorts and Casino's World Horse Past this weekend. I'm gonna try to go. That'll be fun so down all right? What's trending? Brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos and SID For the longest time, Gilbert was listed as one of the best places in Arizona. It looks like Chandler is now taken the spot based on medium house price, cost of living, salary, graduation rates, all of that. As someone who just bought her new house in Gilbert, this hurts my heart a little bit.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, are you gonna buy another house?
Speaker 2: If I could afford it. I've always wanted to live in Chandler. I love how a colectic it is, the variety of people there, so maybe eventually I'll end up in Chandler. You're close at least you can visit. You're right close enough. So Jordan Chiles, it was announced she will not be getting her bronze medal back, despite the US gymnast team combating it and arguing and having receipts.
Speaker 3: So what's the details on that. The appeal was straight up just rejected. They're like, sorry, our hands are tied. I know you guys said that you have receipts that the appeal for the score was made within the sixty second window, but really they're saying it was sixty four seconds and so the metal stays with Romania. So poor Jordan Chiles.
Speaker 2: Jordan will always be a bronze medalist in my boy, Yes, you know what, She's always a world champion. Okay, speaking of Olympics, the Australian breakdancer. Did you know they decided not to bring break dancing back for the twenty twenty eight Olympics because of that.
Speaker 1: They just said it was not a fair battle.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean I saw that the Internet was outraged about it.
Speaker 1: What was she doing? Like she was.
Speaker 2: Literally doing a kangaroo I like she looked like that YouTube girl like, all right, this is how you do hip hop?
Speaker 1: Yeah one like a two like this, you gotta put some sweat. Oh, it was so funny. He has like big Priscilla energy to me. I just I just see it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I love her. She's my spirit animal.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Paralympics are coming up August twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Do you want to make sure you catch those two.
Speaker 2: I saw a para Olympian kind of post about it, saying like, hey, listen, I know the big time Olympics have just happened, but like, let's not forget about the Paralympics.
Speaker 1: You know, we're part of the US team as well.
Speaker 2: And for the record, the TikTok Paralympics instagram or account is lights out amazing.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: So you got to find all the content there and we will definitely be giving you updates on that. So, sid, I just read that ninety percent of Americans have shoplifted in their life.
Speaker 1: Oh, and I was thinking.
Speaker 2: About this and I'm like, oh my gosh, I just shoplifted two weeks ago on an accident on accident, and let me ask you, what would you do in this situation?
Speaker 1: So I went to Fries, got all my groceries.
Speaker 2: But then I realized that there were like cups, like like solo cups right that I didn't scan and I left in the car it walked out and drove home.
Speaker 1: Whatever. I'm like, do you go back for solo cups?
Speaker 2: You're just kind of like, h got a free bag of solo cups.
Speaker 3: See that's funny because I would say, ooh, freebie free ninety nine.
Speaker 1: But I remember as a kid, I was holding a toothpaste.
Speaker 3: I must have gotten like a special toothpaste at the grocery store, and my mom made us go back in and pay for it. Really yeah, so I guess you know she has more morals than I.
Speaker 1: I would just go home. I'm too lazy.
Speaker 2: But also like it is technically like stealing I don't know, book cups.
Speaker 1: How much is that going to set them? Seven dollars?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you have you ever intentionally shoplifted? When I was younger? What happened.
Speaker 3: I wasn't like a klepto or anything, but I was probably fourteen fifteen with my older sister at the time, and I think I stole like a lipstick from Walmart. I know she was shook it. What did you kis are coming after us? She was so mad, freaking out. Not really, I was like, it's just in my pocket, you know, it's fine.
Speaker 2: See I would have been like spiraling because my mom put the fear of authority into us at a young age, and I didn't even want to look at someone the wrong way or else. I was going to be terrified. If you're listening, do not do that. Do not take a lip gloss or solo cups.
Speaker 1: On the way.
Speaker 2: We have our hot topic and we want to know the pettiest reason you broke up with someone, and we have some good one. It's Excitty six ' nine the Valley's Best mixed Priscilla Here. It's time for a hot topic and producer said, we're talking about the pettiest reason someone broke up with another person. And the reason why is because this girl went viral with her Instagram post. She said, I couldn't find my credit cards after leaving his house. I found them when I got home. Turns out I never even took them with me. But for good sixty seconds I thought he robbed me. And it clearly felt like he had the robbing energy, like the fact that I thought he robbed me was enough to turn me off, and so she broke up with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, I get it, and she probably was right. I mean, yeah, maybe not about the thieving, but the energy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you ever broken up with somebody for like the silliest reason?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I've tried to and they won't let you fast. I've tried to break up like when I was younger. Yeah, with a lot of boyfriends, and they're just like no, And so then I would just go on like I'm single, and yeah.
Speaker 3: They're like wait a minute. I said, well, I tried to break up with you and you want to let me, so what else to do?
Speaker 2: I remember I broke up with a guy because you've never been to California.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that bothered me.
Speaker 2: Like we were on a few dates and he had mentioned that, and I'm like, how have you excuse me? I'm a world traveler. I've gone to La I've gone to San Diego. Have you never been to California? That's me why it throw me off? Like we're literally right next door? Do you not leave the state of Arizona?
Speaker 1: That's true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know Arizona yes, he was. Okay, that's a little weird. That's a little suspect. Yeah, you're like, he's gonna be boring later in life.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like to travel. I'm out travel four hours away. So give us a call right now. We want to hear about the pettiest reason you broke up with someone. It's big ninety six ' nine Priscilla here, and we're in the middle of our hot topic, and we're asking you, what's the pettiest reason you've broken up with someone or decided not to date them.
Speaker 1: We have Danny on the phone. Danny, what was it for you? She got a lip ring and look dumb.
Speaker 2: I love it. Listen some it isn't for you, and I get it. It worked out, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to Amber. What was it for you?
Speaker 4: I would say when I was in fifth grade, I broke up with my fifth grade boyfriend because he threw a ball at my best friend and it hit her in the stomach.
Speaker 2: You know what, Amber, that's a good reason to break up with someone. All right, Thanks, Amber, appreciate that. All right, Let's move on to Donna. What's the pettiest reason you broke up with someone?
Speaker 1: I don't like feet, like I don't like the looks of their feet. Okay, so if they have ugly feet, you're done. Yes, you know what I think. I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: I'm going to validate that because that's all about hygiene. Yeah, exactly, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: If you have a petty reason you broke up with someone or decided not to date them anymore, give us a call.
Speaker 1: We want to hear here.
Speaker 2: So we're in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking you, what's the pettiest reason you broke up with someone or the reason you're like, eh, I am no longer interested.
Speaker 1: Give us a call.
Speaker 2: We want to hear at six oh two two six nine, six nine, and we have Alba on the phone. Alba, what is the reason for you?
Speaker 4: So? I was dating this but.
Speaker 2: He was really, really nice, but I wanted to see if he was really into me.
Speaker 4: So I kind of wanted to break up with him to see if you'd be like, hey, I really want to be with you and you know, not want to break up. But he absolutely didn't end up trying. He's like, Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: You broke up with him to test him and the test failed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it did.
Speaker 2: It worked out and.
Speaker 4: He clearly cool.
Speaker 3: So that sucks.
Speaker 1: Oh well, Alba, lesson learn. Thanks for that. Let's move on to Starla.
Speaker 2: Starla, what's that petty reason that you broke up with someone? Oh, that wasn't for It was more my friend.
Speaker 1: But I definitely saw them break up with a guy just because they didn't like the type of food that he ate.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you know what, maybe I get it, because like, then, how are you gonna go to restaurants together? Maybe you're a big foodie and if your significant other isn't, then that's a clash, right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's not as petty, but still I thought it was a still Yeah, I love it. Thanks, Darla, have a great morning.
Speaker 2: It's like ninety six to nine Priscilla here, So we're in the middle of our hot topic, asking you what are the pettiest reasons you broke up with someone?
Speaker 1: And I think we have Sal on the phone.
Speaker 2: Hey, Sal, are you calling about the pettiest reason you broke up with someone?
Speaker 4: I am Yeah. When we last woke, I didn't have a reason, but then I was thinking about it and I'm like, okay, remember one it was. This was in high school and mind you are graduate in oh one. But around ninety eight, like I met this chick named Jennifer and our freshman year of high school. Uh huh, and I thought she was cute. I'm like, okay, everything seems to be going okay, and she just she seemed to have this obsession with spice girls. I'm like, okay, you know that's not that's not a deal breaker. It should be fine. And you know, us being a group of friends, like the guys who are like, oh, let's go like pick her up at her house and we'll all go to lunch or whatever the case was. So we walk in and we go into her house and in her in her room, Like the realization of how bad the obsession was totally kicked in because jed spice girl like action figures posters, she had a bed set, those spice girls like stuff was everywhere. I just felt like, okay, like there's not gonna be any room in my life. It's like I just can't hear with it.
Speaker 2: There's no room for me against the spice girls. That is epic. Do we know where Jennifer is now? In life.
Speaker 4: Ah, I couldn't tell you. But after that, like shortly after I think, like six months later, ended up meeting my high school sweetheart, which we're married to this day. So I like to think that the Spice Girls kind of like my my distaste for them to save my life and set me on the right path.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Look at that.
Speaker 2: Congratulations sal on rejecting the Spice Girl. Thanks, of course, this has been so fun. I love hearing all the silly reasons you broke up with someone. Give us a call six oh two two six oh oh nine, six nine. It's six ninety six y nine. Priscilla here, Producer sid is with us and we're talking about the pettiest reasons you've ever broken up with someone. We put this up on our Instagram stories at Mix ninety six nine FM, and someone posted that they broke up with a guy because he complained about the price of funnel cake at six Flags.
Speaker 1: I think she wins, she wins, well, maybe Leela does.
Speaker 2: Leela. What's the funniest or silliest reason you broke up with someone?
Speaker 1: Okay, the silliest reason I broke up with someone was because he did not bring me food after he told me he was going to, oh breakfaces. I will say, I do get little blood sugar and I like it had good been hours hours.
Speaker 3: He lives way out in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 1: But guy, he was like, yeah, I'll bring.
Speaker 4: You some food, like, don't worry, like to meet me at my house.
Speaker 3: And I'm at him at his house and he straight up shut up with everything was cloned.
Speaker 1: Immediate jail immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was tears.
Speaker 1: I could not handle.
Speaker 4: I had to immediately leave.
Speaker 1: And I had him mental breakdown and I broke up with him.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Good for you, And listen, food is a serious situation because even now with my husband, if he doesn't share, like a bite of his plate, I will not speak to him for at least an hour.
Speaker 1: I'm like, really, you're gonna really old, delicious food from me. This is a good reason to break up with someone. Yeah, thanks lately, Li, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: It's for ninety six to nine, Priscilla. Here, we're commercial free. Producer said, just kicking it so. Producer said, I just bought a new house and I did something in it where I refused to let my husband in before he did something Okay.
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 2: So I needed to sage my house, get the bad energy out, the negativity. I don't know what the previous homeowner did, but like, yah, I need a clean slate, right, absolutely, just gotta start fresh. So my husband comes home from work and I see that he's pulling up and I poke my head out the door like this, and I'm like, Okay, before you come into this house, I just saged it. I don't want any negative thoughts, any bad juju, Like, do not come in here and complain about anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, You're like, leave your attitude at the door.
Speaker 2: At the door, and he sits there and he pauses, and he's like, all right, who put the trash cans on the side of the house. Why aren't they put him through the door? And then why is there water outside in the front door? And I'm like, like, I feel like I'm patting his back like a baby getting a burpout.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let it out. It's like he's spewing it all. Just let it out. What else do you got? And then he's like, did.
Speaker 2: You get all the stuff out of the other house yet?
Speaker 1: And I was like, it's okay, keep it coming.
Speaker 2: And then he said he finally and then lets it all out, and I'm like, are you done?
Speaker 1: And he's like, all right, fine, And I was like, are you sure, because if you're not, I'm gonna feel it. And I finally let him in the house.
Speaker 2: And now the house feels so peaceful and calm and beautiful.
Speaker 1: It looks so good.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh thank you. I was shocked. We flipped that house in like four business days. It feels I don't know how you do it. We need to get back to that day. Yes, I'm like, I don't know how.
Speaker 3: Priscilla renovated the whole house in two minutes and it's taken me eight months because do my nursery.
Speaker 1: Like literally, I love it.
Speaker 2: If you want to see the photos, it's on our Instagram right now.
Speaker 1: At Mix ninety six nine FM