Speaker 1: Now your host for World Series Dodger Talk sound Off, Angelinos, David Vasse, The Yankees.
Speaker 2: Three, the Dodgers two.
Speaker 3: The bases are loaded to out bottom of the tenth inning. The scenario you dream about Freddy is living first pitch, swinging high fly.
Speaker 2: Ball, dude back and.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman channeling is inner Kirgison. Oh walk up home run in Game one of the World Series, Hey, walk up, gran Flem.
Speaker 5: What a great call by Stephen Nelson On a magical, dramatic finish to Game one of the World Series. Freddy Freeman ends it with the first ever walk off Grand Slam and World Series history. Welcome the Dodger Talk David vas Say with you until ten thirty tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Live from Dodgers Stadium, where Freddie Freeman is on the field right now with his grandfather, with his dad, with his step mom, with his wife. They're out there soaking it all in because Freddie certainly has had a very challenging season going back to you know, dealing and helping his son Max Freeman get through his illness, help him back on the road to recovery. He had a broken right middle finger. He has a severely sprained right ankle. He has done everything in his power to give the Dodgers everything he has, and he comes up with the biggest swing of the season so far, a walk off grand slam in Game one of the World Series, off Nestor Cortes of the New York Yankees to give the Dodgers a six to three win in ten innings in Game one of the World Series. Just a tremendous night here at Dodgers Stadium. And I was sitting right by where the owner suite owner seats are behind the on deck circle when Freddy came to the plate in the tenth thinning, And as soon as he hit that grand slam, I saw Mookie Bets and Tommy Edmond jump up and down. The Yankees decided to walk Mookie Bets and to face Freddie Freeman, to have Nestor Cortes the lefty face Freddie Freeman. And I'm not sure if Aaron Boone knows this. I'm sure he does, but that was a huge gamble. Freddie Freeman could hit lefties, he could hit righties. Freddy has even said that facing lefties helps his swing because he stays inside the baseball better and Nestor J. Cortes is a very ordinary pitcher. He's not Dennis Eckersley. But tonight was certainly a Kirk Gibson like moment for this Dodger team. And we'll see where it takes them. Freddy Freeman, like he told us three more wins, by the way. Freddie Freeman's walk off Grand Slam. It's the first walk off Grand Slam in World Series history, considering there are six hundred and ninety six games played, that is remarkable and for the Dodgers, just the third walk off home run in their World Series history. Max Munthcies in Game three the twenty eighteen World Series, Remember eighteenth thinning off of Nathan Valdi.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers would lose that World Series.
Speaker 5: Kirk Gibson's Game one home run of the World Series in nineteen eighty eight enough said. And growing up in the San Fernando Valley watching Kirk Gibbson hit his home run from my mom's two bedroom condo and West Hills, Never in my wildest dreams did I believe I would be standing on the field interviewing any Dodger player after a walk off Grand Slam in the World Series.
Speaker 2: But there we were, Freddie Freeman and myself.
Speaker 5: The game rewarded Freddie Freeman tonight, Freddie Freeman with a walkoff Grand Slam in Game one of the World Series. Freddie, it feels like the game does reward you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know. It's been a grind.
Speaker 6: It's been a grind for three months for me and my family, and obviously this last week getting the rest.
Speaker 7: And treating my ankle and doing the best you can.
Speaker 5: So every morn to me tonight when you were up there against Nester Cortes, are you just doing the Freddie Freeman thing and looking for something in the strike zone.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Be on time for the heater.
Speaker 6: He's got a good hit here, the ball rises, I'm just wanting to be on time for it. I'm trying to look closer to me because I didn't wanted to off the cutter in the slider away. I just wanted to not miss the pitch that in, and.
Speaker 2: I didn't miss it.
Speaker 5: Freddie, There's been a lot of great moments in World Series history, Dodger history.
Speaker 2: You're now part of that. What does that mean?
Speaker 6: That means a lot. But we still got three more wins to go, so I'm glad. I think we'll do this for Game one and get the win. But let's now, I got to focus our tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And grace some more memories.
Speaker 5: The most inspirational player at this postseason Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Freddy, thank you Today I appreciate Joe Wow.
Speaker 5: Freddie Freeman just a tremendous guy, tremendous character guy, and a tremendous player. Still out there right now with his extended family taking photos. Little Max is in his arms.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: What a night for Freddie and a Freeman family.
Speaker 5: What a night for the Dodgers as they escaped Game one of the World Series in dramatic fashion on a walk off Grand Slam that just only happens in Hollywood. Let's go out to the phones for the first time tonight. Let's hear from you, Sam. Everybody all talks about Okay, hold on here, I'm gonna switch you over. You know, this is what I want to hear from you tonight. Everybody always talks about where were they when Kurt Gibson hit his home run? Sam, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight? Tell me you were not in the parking lot like so many were in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 8: No, DV. I was the very last row of fifty seven reserve.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: And did you know from up there it was gone as soon as Freddie hit it.
Speaker 8: Not as soon as he hit it, but we saw the ball go right over the right field wall.
Speaker 9: Dave.
Speaker 5: That's amazing, Sam, And I'm sure something that you'll always remember for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Being here for Game one of the World.
Speaker 8: Series, I'll always remember it, DV. And I gotta tell you, unlike some of our release pitchers when it comes to bunking with you or showering with my father, I'm taking a room with you six days a week and twice on Sunday, DV.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you.
Speaker 5: Maybe you and Brent Honeywell will shower with me instead of your dad like you said the other night.
Speaker 8: I don't know about that, DV. Well, Hey, let's just take a moment to recognize Fernando Tommy then I think they were looking down on us tonight. Maybe you feel the same, huh.
Speaker 2: No doubt. Here's something that Tim Conway Junior sent me.
Speaker 5: Fernando unfortunately passed away at the age of sixty three. Tonight's final score Dodgers six, Yankees three eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We'll get back to the phone calls in a moment, but we have a huge Dodgervan.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 5: The phone's ringing, and it's in the studio right here in the broadcast booth, none other than the man that played the magical national anthem for Freddie Freeman to hit the walk off Grand Slam in the tenth inning, the one and only Brad Paisley.
Speaker 2: Hi, what a night for you to be here.
Speaker 7: I can't even know. I'm still I've never felt this way at the end of a baseball game.
Speaker 5: I would say, so, we've never seen this ever in the history of the World Series.
Speaker 7: I know, I mean we were. I was just in absolute shock. I ran into Joe Davis in the hall that I guess his call was epic, and.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was. We got to find that call. Nelson's call was great too. We played that.
Speaker 7: You know what he said he told me. He said something I'm gonna paraphrase anybody listening and watching that saw it on TV would know, but something about it. He said the same words that Ben said, when Gibson, she is gone, uh huh wow. And then he said and then he said, Gibby meet Freddy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 7: That is what he told me.
Speaker 2: So hey, that's why he's Joe Davis.
Speaker 7: He's unbelievably talented. I told him you're so smart.
Speaker 2: Hey, how about this?
Speaker 5: Your wife, Kim, she doesn't come to many Dodger games, but she decided this one.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she definitely, she's she's losing her she's like his baseball, always like this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's hooked. Now she's hooked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's the reason I think she's got to come back to.
Speaker 5: So she was there when you got the the executives to pull off a trade in Nashville as well?
Speaker 7: As were you? You? You were you act like I had anything to do all this. You and I can take all the credit we want.
Speaker 5: But hey, Brad, where were you when when Freddie hit the Grand Slam?
Speaker 7: I was sitting over there.
Speaker 2: Where's that?
Speaker 5: We can't see that in a suite, in a suite and yeah, moved up.
Speaker 2: And standing up. Did you get nervous? Just take us through what, Brad.
Speaker 7: Pe I was nervous as heck. I was sitting and I watched him as they walked Mookie and then I thought to myself, Okay, and this is the thing that went through my mind. He's broken two bats today. Yeah, and the odds are like something he's really due. You know, he had that triple, which was insane that he had a triple.
Speaker 2: I completely forgot about the triple.
Speaker 7: Think about that, he like, So there's so much that had to happen. Like if you think, and I was telling Kim this, when you think about the domino effect of baseball, if he doesn't break his bat twice, which I've never seen one pitch breaks a bat, they get a new bat, same exact type break again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know, on the first time he swings it, and I don't think we were sitting here. It just wouldn't have worked out to the I think he'd have had a hit on the second time he broke the bat, that would have gone.
Speaker 5: There's just so many parallels to Gibson's home run in eighty eight. I mean, Gibson was on two bad knees, a bad ham string. Freddie's got still a broken right middle finger. Yeah, he's got a severely sprained right ankle that has taken everything for him to get ready for tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to mention the adversity.
Speaker 5: Him and his family has had trying to help little Max Freeman get back. I mean I told him this and I completely believe it. The game rewards you, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 7: It's weird. And you know, I got to see Fred Senior at dinner was down there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and he's down there right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know. That's such a touching scene. His grandpa's down there too. I mean, it's just really it's really neat to see. He's He's the Roy Hobbes of this yes thing, isn't he? And you and I said that I said to you the other day. I was like, this is so the natural. The guy goes up and he's bleeding from his aftermath, and then he still knocks the lights out. This was crazy. I mean, this is the type of thing that they will talk about. I felt like we watched history and we're gonna be talking about this moment.
Speaker 2: Cooperstown might want your guitar from the anthem to they're not.
Speaker 7: Getting this guitar, unfortunately, No, they're not.
Speaker 2: Getting that one. Maybe the pick.
Speaker 7: Maybe they'll get a I'll keep the pick that's in my pocket. But no, it's a it's a fascinating thing. And and uh, I think it's really neat to see somebody like that. Uh. And also the all of the things that had to happen, like walking Mookie Bets to get to Freddy because Freddy's hurt and then he does that. It's just so's it's such a romantic sport.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 5: And it was a better way to end it because it went the Dodgers way. There were so many chances in this game, Brad for the Dodgers to score.
Speaker 2: Runs and end this and nine.
Speaker 5: This really would have been a tough loss for the Dodgers if they didn't win it.
Speaker 7: Yeah. A couple of errors and a couple of just really fluke things, just like the broken bat. I think that didn't that end the end? That was yeah, you know again.
Speaker 2: Back and the third one out they don't score.
Speaker 7: They had two on no outs.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Times, they had a lot of opportunities. That's why I feel like they were giving this game away. And one swing of the bat, one dramatic swing of the bat.
Speaker 7: I know, I'm so horse right now. It's so funny because I was in perfect It was fine. I made sure. I wasn't horse when I sang it tonight, and then there'd be no way I could do it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We need you back, we need you and Kim back tomorrow.
Speaker 7: I'll be back. I'm coming back tomorrow, Okay for sure?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: Obviously the game ended in dramatic fashion. The game star arted dramatically as well, as we honored Fernando Vealezuela.
Speaker 2: I was curious.
Speaker 7: I had the Fernando pin on my Uh, that's awesome. I had thirty four valin Zuela or Fernando.
Speaker 5: I saw you there on the field getting ready to sing the anthem while they're you know, playing the montage of Fernando's families out there on the starting lineup line on the third base line. Just what was that like for you to not only play the anthem for the World Series, but right after I.
Speaker 7: Had to I had to look away when I saw, you know, when they did that, and they had all the the that amazing music playing, and then they unfurled the flag and outwalks Oral and uh was it Jeger? Yeah, Jaeger and Oral went out there and he walks out there, and I see Oral kneel down, and what did he do to the thirty four? He put something on the numbers, and Oral looked like he was gonna cry, and I turned So I just kind of started playing the guitar and tuning and not looking at it, because that the last thing I wanted to be was that emotional trying to sing this song. You know you had to. I sort of had to channel more of a I don't know thinking about every note. That's because it's certainly not for one thing. That song's not an easy song. We definitely picked of all, we're not O Canada. We definitely picked a hard one. Yeah, you know, as far as nation anthems go. But it's like the other thing is is this is the World Series, this is the Dodgers Yankees. I did not want to mess this up.
Speaker 2: You did not mess it up.
Speaker 7: Well, I haven't watched.
Speaker 2: It back, but the national anthems are are hot.
Speaker 5: Didn't you play the national anthem before game one of the seventeen World Series?
Speaker 2: Game two game?
Speaker 7: But here's the deal. I played it before Game three of twenty twenty one, which was eighteen innings the last So the last time I played the national anthem in is I did? I recorded one for twenty twenty, but they played it in Dallas, but I wasn't there.
Speaker 5: You played the anthem before Monthse's walk off home run?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I played that them too.
Speaker 2: He's coming back tomorrow, Kendall.
Speaker 5: Every time he's playing the anthem, a walk off home run happens.
Speaker 7: That's the last two. That's got to be insane. I mean, that's insane.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 7: Last two anthems I've sung were walk off home runs.
Speaker 5: Jeez, hey, does Kim want to say something about the game, our first Dodger game experience.
Speaker 2: Come on, Kim, put the headset on.
Speaker 7: You're about to get some baseball wiz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hear it.
Speaker 7: What'd you think of the uniforms?
Speaker 11: They were very nice colors. I just want to say, I've never seen you that excited. Wait a minute, I mean, like I'm thinking back to like our wedding, like the birth of our kids.
Speaker 7: The wedding was stressful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like those are like intense moments. I guess right, Yeah.
Speaker 12: But this was intense and I've never seen him this excited. That was awesome.
Speaker 7: I couldn't I couldn't process it. It took me.
Speaker 11: It sound like a dream like it just happened so fast, and then all of a sudden everything changed, and here.
Speaker 7: Comes Randy Newman, and it's like, what.
Speaker 2: Do we want? Did you guys know instantly it was a Grand Slam?
Speaker 12: You felt?
Speaker 7: No, I'd lost track of the fact that there were four on it. Yeah, because there were two on when they walked Mookie, so I wasn't thinking about movielite.
Speaker 5: Because now they just hold up the four fingers instead of the four pitches.
Speaker 7: The first thing I said was, it's like Kirk Gibson and and just thought of that because I thought, oh my goodness, it's exactly limps up to the plate, you know, on one leg, I mean. And then and then it was well, somebody told me. They said, that's the first Grand Slam walk off Grand Slam and World Series history. That's insane.
Speaker 5: It is six hundred and ninety six games have been played in the World Series, first ever walk off Grand Slam, and Kim Williams came to the game with her husband her Boo Brad Paisley, and Brad told me you were a little hesitant to come to the game. You weren't all in right away.
Speaker 11: Well, Brad's educating me. He's given me all the backstory, and that's really helpful. You were giving me the play by play with Freddy and telling me about his ankle and all that. That that, you know, really helped give context to the whole thing. I'm so glad I came. I had a blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so now you're hooked, right.
Speaker 12: Baseball's fun, you guys.
Speaker 2: In the World Series.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the World I.
Speaker 12: Don't know if you guys know this, but it's pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good. Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 7: The other thing is she grew up in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's La, she's law.
Speaker 7: You've been in l A a lot longer than you were in New York. I sure have.
Speaker 12: But yeah, when I was five, I was a Yankee fan.
Speaker 7: Sure, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: They were no threat back then.
Speaker 12: No, No, it's fine threat now either. I'm all Dodgers.
Speaker 7: No, had the when you were little? Had the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn? Yet to the person, she doesn't even get the burn. She didn't even get the burn. You're going to get it that in the fifties.
Speaker 12: But oh okay, it's gonna be a long ride home.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I'll let you guys go unless you want to take phone calls with me. Can't there some of the basic If.
Speaker 12: Anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Speaker 7: Sorry to hijack this everybody.
Speaker 5: Hey, Brad, would you say Freddy tested to see if that truck still works?
Speaker 7: I would say that that's the song we should be playing.
Speaker 12: Thank you?
Speaker 7: They replay that, Colin.
Speaker 5: Can we get that song going? I might have to sing it a cappella right now?
Speaker 7: Please call him hurry.
Speaker 2: Let's see it there, it is.
Speaker 7: Here, it is, Thanks for talking.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 5: Great to see you guys. Kim, You're locked in. You're never leaving the mafia again.
Speaker 12: I love you.
Speaker 2: Guys. Are awesome, l Brad, Paisley, Kim Williams.
Speaker 5: The good luck chart for Freddy Freeman tonight and for Dodger fans everywhere. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a time out when we come back.
Speaker 5: More of your phone calls as we celebrate a big Game one World Series win in grand style with Paisley's and you on air five to seventy.
Speaker 2: LA Sports can get that thing to crank.
Speaker 7: How about a little test dras down by the LA.
Speaker 2: Let's say that trust works.
Speaker 7: Let's see if that songs says.
Speaker 2: Let's see if.
Speaker 7: The course still got that seed.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five to seventy, online at AM five seventy, LA sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger Talk with David Masson, Cortez, Deliveries, Freeman, XP.
Speaker 2: Right Field Sais John.
Speaker 4: Jimmy made Friday.
Speaker 14: Game one of the World Series.
Speaker 2: That's why he's Joe Davis.
Speaker 5: A great call on Fox Sports by not only the national voice of Major League Baseball, but our voice, the Los Angeles Dodgers Voice, Joe Davis. How perfect is it for the Dodgers to be in the World Series and Joe Davis being on the call on Fox Sports. Rick Monday Steven Nelson a fantastic job tonight as well an amazing night as the Dodgers beat the Yankees in Game one of the World Series six to three in ten innings thanks to a walk off grand slam by Freddie Freeman. Thanks to Brad Paisley and his wife Kim Williams for coming into the booth before they head out and head back home. It's time now to get back to you at eight six six nine to eight seven two five seventy an emotional night here at Dodgers Stadium, celebrating the memory and legacy of Fernando Vealnezuela and Freddie Freeman coming up with one of the biggest home runs and World Series history to finish it for the Dodgers. And like Freddie said, this is very exciting, but the Dodgers still had three more wins to go. They did not win the World Series tonight. Let's go out to Mark in Chatsworth. Mark, where were you when Freddie Freeman hit the first ever walked off Grand Slam in World Series history?
Speaker 15: I was outside listen to on the radio.
Speaker 8: I was in the house and I.
Speaker 15: Had to leave because they couldn't take it anymore.
Speaker 8: And then I heard it on the radio and it was great.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Mark, You'll never forget that. I hear your kids. Were they watching the game with you, listening to the game with you.
Speaker 15: I'm trying so hard to get them to listen to the Dodgers.
Speaker 16: But you know, she's five and she has her own things to do.
Speaker 9: But still say say what you want to say.
Speaker 8: Say good Dodgers, say say it.
Speaker 9: Come Key, keeth right on that.
Speaker 5: Call me back and work on that. But uh, what a great night at Dodger Stadium. Let's go out to Frank and Monrovia. You're on Dodger Talks. Frank, where were you when Freddy hit his walk off grand Slam?
Speaker 14: You know, Dave, I was at my cousin's engagement party and it was just there were it was. There were some Yankee fans there. You know, I don't know who let them through the door, but you know, I was with my brother and you know they I when they walked Mookie, I thought, okay, this is where the magic happens.
Speaker 9: And you know, I'll let you know, Dave.
Speaker 14: You know I was there. I was that kid in the seat when Gibby hit that home run in eighty eight, and I was in the last row of the old nosebleeds and we had to make sure that it went over the wall because because we couldn't see it from that angle, so we had to watch the TVs to make sure that it went over. Today, just that energy was there. It felt amazing.
Speaker 5: That's so awesome, Frank. This is definitely going to be one of those moments as a Dodger fan, as a sports fan, even a Yankee fan out there in New York who is heart broken, They will always remember where they were when Freddy Freeman hit the first ever walk off Grand Slam and World Series history. The way it was set up was Aaron Boone intentionally walking Mookie Betts in the tenth inning to bring in his lefty Nestor Cortes to face Freddie Freeman. Here was Mooki Betts moments ago talking to the media about what transpired everything.
Speaker 17: I mean, a win is a win, but no one with Freddy's gone through super special and I'm glad it was him that did it.
Speaker 13: You guys talk about is just setting the tone to not only get this win in the fashion that you all did, but to see what Jack Clardy did, to see what the bullpen and the offense spot back late in the game. But does it say just obviously, we know the series is going to be it's going to be a battle, but to set this tone.
Speaker 7: Early is good. You know, I'm getting getting on the board Versus is huge.
Speaker 17: Like you said, you know they're going to come back ready to go, but you know we're fighters and.
Speaker 7: When I'm joining got three more wins.
Speaker 18: What was your reaction from first base with put my hands.
Speaker 17: Up and jumped as I was running around, and I wanted to stop and wait on him, but I couldn't, so I just just kept on running and screaming.
Speaker 2: And Mookie, you always talk about, you know, the best of the best.
Speaker 19: Here the final two teams.
Speaker 2: These are two best teams played out like it tonight. How important is it to set the tone and get this first way and moving forward the rest of the long series.
Speaker 17: I mean, it's super important. But at the end of the day, as much as I love enjoying this moment, you're gonna turn the page and get ready for tomorrow. You know they're gonna come out ready to go.
Speaker 12: She was like, we wheel two.
Speaker 7: I know Freddy was kind of really hurting in New York in City Field. How much better did he look to you?
Speaker 8: Just with that ankle if these last few days we'd be up today and today, I mean.
Speaker 17: You kind of got a week off, so you know, it was really, uh, it was way better. I mean, you gotta hate a triple and you know he's moving around pretty good, so hopefully hopefully wakes up all right tomorrows this.
Speaker 13: Game one, But you guys do see their highest leverage of arms out there tonight. How much information can you take from that just moving forward to the series.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can take it to take a lot of info.
Speaker 17: But they saw our guys too, so kind of is going both plays there. So it's gonna be a battles. It's gonna be a battle for seven games or you know, and just got to strap it in and be ready.
Speaker 16: I think you weren't born yet, But the current Gibson home one was so many of me talking about that Coveny's clubhouse.
Speaker 17: You know, No, that was before our time, and no innociading Kirker and Kurt or anything. But I don't know him, and so I'm looking at the Freddy, the Freddy Freeman number.
Speaker 5: Yes, indeed, Mookie Bets and the Dodgers will be telling their grandkids about Freddie Freeman's walk off Grand Slam in Game one of the twenty twenty four World Series to give the Dodgers a six to three win in ten innings.
Speaker 2: Tonight.
Speaker 5: Eight six, six, nine, eight, seven seventy is the phone number. Jose Mota will join us at ten fifteen, but until then, it's you and me. I want to know where you were when Freddie Freeman hit his walk off Grand Slam. Awesome sight out here at Dodgers Stadium just about half hour ago. Freddy was out here with his former teammate Max Fried, who was in attendance for tonight's games, supporting his Harvard Westlake teammate Jack Flherty who made the start.
Speaker 2: Giolito and Freed.
Speaker 5: We're here with Peter Crow, Armstrong, all Harvard Westlake Aloms, Dexter Fowler, Shane Victorino. From what I understand, big support system for Jack Flaherty, who pitched outstanding tonight, can't forget about him five and a third innings, gave up just a two run home run to John Carlos Stanton in the sixth inning. That was a hanging, breaking pitch that I know he wishes he could have back. But outside of that, he went toe to toe with Garrett Cole, And yeah, I know how much Freddy fee Freeman and Max Freed mean to each other as well. They won the World Series together with the Braves in twenty one. So it was meant to be for Max Freed to be here for his good buddy, his older brother. In some ways, Freddie Freeman to have this type of night. Let's go out to all hambra Avier.
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 5: Were you on San Gabriel Boulevard? Where were you when Freddy hit his grand slam?
Speaker 18: I was on Schaffel at my best buddy's house, watching the game, and it brought me back to that two thousand and six No Margarcia parrogrand slam on that comeback Dodgers. I was eleven years old, in like fifth grade, and it just brought back so many fond memories. Shout out to Freddie Freeman, He's been.
Speaker 15: Through so much.
Speaker 18: Dog shout out to the dogs in the bullpen, in that dogtown, in the bullpen we have on the outfield.
Speaker 15: And just real quick shou out to my late father, who I know I'd be watching the game with tonight, no doubt. If you're still here, thank you for taking my call. And let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Let's be dogs, all right, Javier love it.
Speaker 5: Dodgers need three more wins to win the World Series and to give the Dodgers and their fans their first parade since nineteen eighty eight. Let's go out to Lou who was at Dodgers Stadium. Man, Lou, I know this was a tough ticket. To get into.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you're not regretting any single moment of it.
Speaker 6: Dave.
Speaker 20: Great to talk to you again. You know, I moved out to Phoenix.
Speaker 14: I drove in.
Speaker 20: Today for the game and it was a six hour drive and man, I was in my normal area field level seats.
Speaker 8: I was in the house.
Speaker 20: And you know what I'm really excited about, Dave, is I saw a lot of young kids, and I just think that the spawn of the next generation that are gonna be coming to Dodgers Stadium, just like we have all been. You've been going to games a lot for a lot long time. That's what I really appreciate about it, and was so blessed to be a part of it amongst the Dodger family. And you know, you're with these guys all the time and saying all year this is a very special and unique team. So I'm gonna take your word for it. Let's just take care business, and you know, let's just not let this day pass because we got we gotta close the deal, we gotta win the series. And thanks for all you do, Dave, but we appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Lou. And yes, it's different. This is a special team. It's a resilient team. It's a team that's not going to go down and lose a game two to one. I actually I'm on a group text with a few of the Beat writers and they were saying, you know, they were they were basically conceding the game, saying the Yankees are going to win it. And I text them in the eighth inning, I said, I'm getting ready for a walk off home run.
Speaker 2: Little did I know it came in the tenth inning.
Speaker 5: I was expecting it in the ninth inning when I saw key k A Munsei coming to the plate. But for Freddie Freeman to do what he did tonight truly special and indicative of what this team is made of. They're not going down two to one. They're not just going to allow one run to beat them an extra innings. They're going down with the fight. And they certainly showed that again. And thank you Aaron Boom, thank you Nestor Cortes, because Freddy was waiting and ready. First ever walk off Grand Slam in World Series history. Let's go out to Ivan in Huntington Beach or Yvonne you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 9: How you doing, How I'm going dude, thank everything my call.
Speaker 5: Where were you when Freddy hit the grand Slam? Ivan, Let's not make this awkward.
Speaker 15: All as I hear my parents, I'm excited, you know, watching the doggy and everything.
Speaker 19: Alad to hear my parents house.
Speaker 15: My wife, and well Freddy came up.
Speaker 17: Oh the old danceing was about to happen.
Speaker 19: Nat you know grand slam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, something was going to happen.
Speaker 5: He was either going to make it out, get a hit, or do what he did, hit the first ever walk off grand Slam.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to Eric in Hollywood. Are you believing now?
Speaker 10: Eric?
Speaker 2: Do you need more.
Speaker 21: Dodger that shit?
Speaker 20: Wow?
Speaker 9: This is World Series baseball. Freddie was spectacular. I was blessed to go to the game. My best friend, brother Parrague, got me a ticket.
Speaker 19: We are all the cur right now getting out of the stadium.
Speaker 2: Let love it. Eric, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 5: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. I know they talked about a lot of sporting events going on in Los Angeles, but this was the sporting event not only in Los Angeles but the world. An incredible night here at Dodgers Stadium, An incredible game, an incredible finish. This was certainly a great opening act for one of the most anticipated World Series in recent memory between the Dodgers and Yankees.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers get it in ten innings tonight by a final score of six to three.
Speaker 5: And how about this, I mentioned Max Freed being on the field, being here sharing that World Series championship with Freddie Freeman and the Braves in twenty one. The last Grand Slam hit in the World Series was during that run for the Braves against the Astros.
Speaker 2: Adam Duvall.
Speaker 5: He had a Grand Slam in Game five against Houston in the twenty one World Series to help Freddy and Max Freed go on to win their first World Series championship. And I'm anticipating Freddy having two rings by the end of next week and showing that bling to Max Freed and Adam Duvall. Let's go out to Glen Dora, Anthony. Where were you when Freddie Freeman hit the slam?
Speaker 19: A man, Hey, Dave, I was running in the street. I was out on a run, and you know every time I go out on the run, I was just seventy.
Speaker 15: Listens to the Dodgers and Stephen Nelson's.
Speaker 19: The radio and TV, and all of a suddenly I hear everybody in their houses. I was rising the residential area, but in the house is going crazy. I'm like, oh my god, what happened? And then I hear it on the radio Grand Slam, and I was like, oh, I was jumping and running and jumping in the middle of the street, going crazy and yelling on myself.
Speaker 2: Did you hear other neighbors jumping and screaming to Anthony? Is that what you were telling us?
Speaker 19: Yeah, everybody was just I mean, I can hear everybody in our house is just yelling and saying yelling, let go, and crapping and cheering, and it was just everybody in the street was just going crazy.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, great story, Anthony, appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 5: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Want to say a special thank you to MLB communications guy or the head John Blundell, who helps organize with Chuck Taurus down there all the walk off interviews and I may have gotten overly aggressive when I was trying to get Freddy Freeman to come on the radio with us. He spoke to Fox Sports and I may have accidentally got a little too aggressive and jumped him before he went on MLB network. But hey, Freddie was coming towards me. What am I supposed to do? Give him the heisman? But luckily for me, Chelsea Freeman came onto the field, ran into Freddy's arms, and from there Freddie went on MLB Network and obviously took care of the hometown team your Los Angeles Dodgers Radio on the iHeartRadio app and the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 2: So lo Ciento. John Blendell, you're my guy. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I did not want to upset you, but I appreciate you delivering Freddie Freeman to the people. Let's go out to Mitchell who was at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi Mitchell, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 22: Hey, sorry my voice was a little gone. I was in a right field like getting the crowd going, and it was pretty amazing. Shane a home run, but uh, I would there also when Justin Turner hit the walk off room, we're on on wow, yeah, and that this feedback, this beat back timpletely like this. The energy was amazing. Jack Clarity pitched them a pretty good Gem. He made one mistake, but the bulltime came through him back to him.
Speaker 1: Up.
Speaker 22: I can't give enough. I can't give enough credits to the bullpens, Jack Clarity. We wouldn't have made it that far without them, and they all like, uh, Freddy.
Speaker 5: Jack going to the extending that was huge. That was huge for tonight. It was huge for the rest of the series. But you're right, Vanda, gra Graderol, Vess and Kopek and Trina.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 5: The dogs were out in full force, Mitchell, And that's where the Dodgers have the advantage close games.
Speaker 2: At the end. The Dodgers have the advantage.
Speaker 5: The Yankees have the advantage was starting pitching, but you saw tonight they make defensive mistakes that open up the door.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for glayber.
Speaker 5: Taurus not being able to handle a cutoff throw, this game's not even tied at two. So those are the things that you may forget about on a walkoff Grand Slam win that helps you.
Speaker 2: Win a game.
Speaker 22: We made a few as well, but just seeing Graderol come out, the energy that Grederol had and bet see like you could see adrenaline was going.
Speaker 19: Like the bullpen kill you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the energy.
Speaker 5: Those guys are amazing guys and really are the backbone of this Dodger team. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 2: I feel horrible. I did not bring up Freddie Freeman's triple.
Speaker 5: I was only talking about the walk off Grand Slam when I interviewed Freddy, But I forgot about his two out triple in the first innings, So I apologize. Freddy, you were a double and a single away from the cycle. But how about a walkoff grand Slam? First time in World Series history, Freddie hit a triple. Keik Hernandez tripled in the fifth inning. That was the first time the Dodgers have had two triples in a World Series game since Tommy Davis hit two triples by himself in Game two of the nineteen sixty three World Series against these New York Yankees.
Speaker 2: Let's go back out to the phones, Deanna.
Speaker 5: You were at the second happiest place on Earth tonight, Deanna watching the game.
Speaker 23: Yes, absolutely, we were at Disneyland by Haunt and Mansion, having the game on, and Freddie Freeman hit that walkoff slam and celebration rang out and Disneyland was extra happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us about that.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you were in line waiting to get into the Haunted matchin which is I'm sure the Nightmare before Christmas. Right now, what was everybody watching your cell phone or did they have their own cell phones?
Speaker 23: Yeah, everybody had their phones out. We were watching. All the workers were coming up to us kind of peeking over watching our screens, and Freddy hit that and we all knew it was out right away and a celebration rang out and it was a pretty cool moment.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, Deanna. That's a unique place to be watching a World Series game ending that way.
Speaker 2: That that is special. Thank you for calling in.
Speaker 23: Thanks David, and my mom and I are huge fans of you and everything you do and go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you. I'm big fans of yours now after that story, Thanks Dade. Next, right, you're going on another ride right now to celebrate.
Speaker 23: Well, I think we're we're going to California Adventure to get a drink after the game, and then maybe we'll go do some space mount and there's something to.
Speaker 10: Add to the thrill of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep the Freddie party going out there. Thanks Deanna.
Speaker 5: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 2: That's what I love to hear.
Speaker 5: I got one guy in al Hambra running through the streets, or Glendora running through the streets when Freddy hits the walk off Grand Slam. We got Deanna in line at the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. These are the stories we will hear whenever this home run is brought up, and great calls by Steven Nelson and Joe Davis. We will hear Jose Motas call in Espanol when he joins us coming up in the next segment. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to the Big Apple, Nick in New York City. Where were you and are you a Yankee fan or are you a Dodger fan? In the Big Apple?
Speaker 9: This is Nick, some Long Beach born and raised.
Speaker 10: I'm out here for two nights for work, and I happen to have to be here to watch it in a bar that everybody's working rooting for the Yankees. Things got tight. Went back to the hotel and as soon as Freddy hit it, I just I've been walking around the last hour and a half in Manhattan, just high fiving people in Dodgers hats, just screaming.
Speaker 8: I just I can't.
Speaker 10: Just my body's still kind of dealing with the shock.
Speaker 9: Of what we just all saw.
Speaker 14: It is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: David, how sad are the Yankee fans back there?
Speaker 10: It's a different kind of vibe on the other side of the of the dougout, if you will. But I think I think everybody is in awe of what just happened. And consider it's Shakespeare and David, I just I think they're they're in shock, just from little bit different kind of shock, you know.
Speaker 5: Nick, They admitted this after the eighty eight World Series was over with, but to a man, every one of those Oakland a's said, you don't really lose a World Series in game one.
Speaker 2: But they felt like they lost the World Series in Game one.
Speaker 5: And I'm just wondering, if you know, looking at that Yankee dugout after Freddie Freeman hit that grand slam, that the most dejected opposing dugout I have seen since Game one of the nineteen eighty eight World.
Speaker 10: Series, you can only imagine what they're feeling, because every time they seem to get the momentum. We took it back and the boys showed up. And for Freddy to do that, given what he's gone through with a family, given what he's gone through with his health, I mean, somebody's got to be writing this right.
Speaker 24: This can't be reality.
Speaker 8: This is a simulation, David, I hope, So.
Speaker 5: Nick, three more wins to go for the Dodgers and then we could talk about all the story book endings. Eight six, six nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number David Vassey Live at Dodgers Stadium, where history was made, Freddie Freeman hitting the first ever walk off Grand Slam and World Series history to give the Dodgers a six to three win in ten innings over the New York Yankees. We're gonna take a time out, our final time out on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll check in with Jose Mota, get his thoughts on everything we witnessed tonight, and also hear his call. He was on the call on the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast, an emotional night in that booth, remembering Fernando Vealezuela as well. So we'll check in with Jose when we continue after the Dodgers take Game one of the World Series in grand fashion, six to three in ten innings on A five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot Com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 21: Aldo dot Com on Tato Swam.
Speaker 2: But Aby Frema, that was the call on the.
Speaker 5: Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast as Freddie Freeman HiT's the walk off rand Slam, the first ever walk off rand Slam and World.
Speaker 2: Series history, to give the Dodgers a six to.
Speaker 5: Three win in ten innings in Game one of the World Series over the Yankees. And Jose Mota joins us right now on Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium. Jose parts unknown. What a finish to such an emotional night at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 15: Jose, It's pretty wild.
Speaker 16: I mean, maybe I just saw the guy right around glendor right now as I was getting home. But what a night, man, considering that, you know, we're all in tears in our booths before the game, and I just miss away from being on the air and they're playing Fernando songs and oh my god, that was so just just disheartening. But at the same time, we're like, you know what, there's a different energy here tonight. Let's go out there and use it and to honor him and for the Dodgers to come through in so many key moments today. There's so many special things that happened today, including many friend Brad Paisley about that, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Brad Paisley did a great job at the national Anthem. He's kind of the good luck charm for the Dodgers. And really, Jose Uh, it just feels like this is the Dodgers year in so many different ways. And Freddie Freeman, the parallels between him and Kurt Gibson are kind of eerie in a lot of ways, especially with him hitting a walk off grand slamming Game one. Gibson hit his home run in Game one. I mentioned this earlier. It felt like I haven't seen an opposing dugout that dejected since Game one of the eighty eight World Series.
Speaker 16: Yes, and I remember where I was there. I was pumping gays in my car in Glendell. We have left the game because my wife is pregnant. I'm like, we got to get you home, you got to go to work, and so those circumstances let us to be and Glenville pumping gas and he hit the home runs like, okay, they won.
Speaker 15: What a great moment.
Speaker 16: Now, you know, on top of that with Freddy and Gibby, how about two guys hobbling two guys on one bat leg. I mean, there's so many parallels to this whole thing and Freddie hitting them all the other way. I cannot believe Dave, I say you forgot about a triple of his favorite play for you offensively in baseball.
Speaker 15: But it was great to see Freddy go the other way.
Speaker 16: And I was watching his landings today because he have been talking about how much he rolls over that ankle when he's going well, and I'm watching his swings. If Freddie's locked up in that front floort is not good, his swingers kind of locked in it and just gets a little too emotional and irrotational. But man, today was back to the old Freddy that we saw driving the ball the other way, staying within himself and seeing better pitches and then make an adjustice. You know you and Brod mentioned the two broken bass Never seen that before. Two consecutive his breaking bass shattering beast like that. But too many things happened to including one thing today that you know. In the first couple of innings, dot positioning prevented at least a run against the Yankee because once again the Diary's position, he goes out there and shines and prevents runs from happening.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Jose, we're gonna talk about Freddie Freeman's walk off grand Slam, and rightfully so. But isn't that the difference between these two teams? The Dodgers defense, I mean labor Turus not being able to come up clean with that cutoff throw allowed Otani to be at third base to score on another game time sacrifice fly.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the difference between these two teams.
Speaker 15: I could give you a list of reasons.
Speaker 16: That is a big reason, yes, Dave, considering that tours makes that play things stop right the base is not open. And then the other one is the ruling that properly was called by the umpires when Berdugal goes out of play, Well, guess what got.
Speaker 15: To open up another base?
Speaker 16: So the Dodgers again tonight do what they've been doing throughout the postseason. Which is every little inch they get from the opponent, they go out there and take about it. Of course, there's early opportunities that they just couldn't capitalize on, But overall, I go back to thinking, to be good pitching, as they saw tonight from Garret Cole, you have to pitch well. So I'm gonna tip my hat to a god that was doubted by so many people absolute the New York Series, and that is one kid from Burbank, Jack Flerty, and what he did on the mound, neutralizing a very strong lineup, the team that led baseball on home runs, and he executed pitches, missed one and that's what happened. To put Prey in that position is a byproduct of pitching well and allowing your offense to know that there's still a lot because we kept in the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tonight was a great pitching pitcher's duel between Garrett Cole and Jack Flaherty. That's not what a lot of people were expecting in the hallways here. A lot of people thought it was going to be a higher scoring game and the starting pitchers would be out of this game pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: But that was not the case.
Speaker 5: Why was Jack Flaherty so good. Obviously they have the book on the big boy. They just kept spinning those big boys, and he handled Juan Soto pretty well.
Speaker 15: He did.
Speaker 16: I think overall to me is you know, we talk about timing with hitters, and I've talked to Jack about this in There's days, said Lewis. He goes, I have to be a time, which means front foot armslaught, front foot armslaught in New York. He mentioned it actually in this press conference yesterday. He mentioned I was not on time, So it seems and it feels like when he's pushing the.
Speaker 15: Ball he tries to get velocity. It doesn't happen. But today I saw in early ninety six, but well, nin thing I.
Speaker 16: Sold live in the fastball life at ninety three and ninety four is good enough for him to separate his breaking balls. Look at his breaking ball tonight too, where he hit a couple, especially the one where he staruck out leg Judge the first inning.
Speaker 15: But it's the.
Speaker 16: Separation of pitches and velocity that really allows him to go out and just opposite hitters timing.
Speaker 15: So overall, he was on time. His arm was a very good slot.
Speaker 16: He was behind the baseball and had a nice little whip to finish off the breaking pitches. So bouncing back against another New York team is against a better New York team. I can only say this guy knows what he's doing with a baseball out there when he spends it.
Speaker 5: All right, the Dodgers have a dramatic walk off win tonight thanks to Freddie Freeman's grand slam in the ten thinning.
Speaker 2: But Jose, when you.
Speaker 5: Look at the way the Dodgers pitched Soto, Judge, and Stanton, it was Sodo who walked twice tonight.
Speaker 2: They kept Judge in check. He was one for five.
Speaker 5: Stanton hit the two run home run off the hanging breaking ball from Flaherty. What did what did tonight tell you about the Dodgers game plan against those three guys. It feels like they're not going to allow Sodo to beat them, and they'll take their chances to spin Judge and Stanton to death.
Speaker 16: Correct And now SODA's gonna get his wats. I mean one hundred and twenty wats in the regular season. You saw Aaron Jude one hundred and thirty three. Watchs They're gonna what now Aaron Judge is not walking.
Speaker 15: You got to take advantage of that.
Speaker 16: We can talk about accumulation of the stats and we can get it to trends. So I'm going and I was like, based on the latest strands, what are they will If a guy is not hitting well and he's expanding, why would you give to pitch it around when he's being challenged as he has been throughout the postseason, especially in breaking balls. And on top of that, Soto, we know he is probably the most complete hitter there is in the game. Were put everything in play on what he does. But at the same time, he also have to go out there and throw strike one day. Without strike one, it doesn't happen. So whatever you do, make sure that you get ahead.
Speaker 8: You're able to expand.
Speaker 16: If you need to remember the Yankees are a team like the Dodgers, they don't expand a whole lot. In the same time, if you are going to get past those guys, never forget about seven, eight and nine, because that was those are the guys that eventually, after you get away with these guys you put your guard down a little bit more, they can come out to you on her So a very good job utilizing the big guys but also a very good job executing strike number one to be able to get quality pitches in the zone and out of the zone for them to get some chases.
Speaker 5: All right, Jose Mota, thanks a lot for jumping on with us, great call on the Spanish radio booth. And obviously, Fernando Valezuela, his memory is sitting right next to you every single one of these games, and obviously Fernando was looking down on the Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 16: We can only think about his spirit harbing all around and we know that the game was not over. I got some nine, I think, so thanks day much appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jose Mota.
Speaker 5: There he goes Jose Mota with Pete and Ningez, and I thought efrem Meza, the Dodgers Spanish radio producer, did a nice job of putting up some flowers Fernando's jersey there to really shine a spotlight that Fernando was with us in spirit and definitely with those guys.
Speaker 2: And it was great to see Jimi Hareen out here as well. He had a strong.
Speaker 5: Connection to Fernando Vealezuela as well. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Rancho Cucamonga. Gus, you're on Dodger Talk. Where were you when Freddy hit his grand slam?
Speaker 9: Hey, quick, shout out. It's a big Fernando and Tho rest in peace, brother. Hey, I was at I was actually at the Laker game. The Lakers did one of the sweets. Yeah, I was in one of the sweets, and we didn't leave the suite. It was like a lounge and I didn't leave the lounge until the game was over. And on top of that, it is my birthday. So we got a Lakers win, we got a Dodger's grand slam by Freddy Freeman. It's the one of the best days of my life. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: Hey, happy birthday, Gus. I know you'll never forget this one.
Speaker 9: Epic, epic Thanks Joe shout out.
Speaker 5: All right, Gus, thanks for the phone call. Appreciate it. I guess I've been in those situations before, where you know, in the nineties or the eighties, you're at a King's game with Gretzki and the Lakers and Magic are playing, or you're at Dodger game and the Lakers are playing a playoff game.
Speaker 2: And those things happened. So that's awesome.
Speaker 5: That's the community of great LA sports in Los Angeles, especially with the Dodgers and Lakers. Before we say good night, I want you to hear from Yankees manager Aaron Boone, who made the decision to intentionally walk Mookie Betts to have Nestor Cortes face Freddie Freeman in the tenth inning tonight.
Speaker 25: Paron you op to to intentionally walk Mookie to get to Freddy there the bases loaded in that situation. Ultimately, did you deliberate a lot over that decision?
Speaker 24: And why did you go with that?
Speaker 26: Just taking the left on left matchup there? Yeah, No, I didn't deliberate long.
Speaker 25: And Nessor had not pitched some September eighteenth. Why did you like him in that tenth inner?
Speaker 26: Just like the matchup? The reality is he's been throwing the ball really well the last few weeks as he's gotten ready for this. You know, I knew with one out there would be tough to double up show. Hey, if Tim Hill gets on the ground and then Mooky behind him, is tough matchup there. So felt convicted with with Nester in that spot.
Speaker 7: The first Roady right, Aaron, Andy, Nest's history against Sotani's why you like the matchup?
Speaker 26: I mean a little bit. I don't know if you ever love a matchup against Otani, but you know, you know, I felt like, you know, I felt like Nestor could give us a shot at it.
Speaker 7: And what could gliber have done differently in receiving that ball? Yeah?
Speaker 26: Once, once there's no play, you can really retreat and give ground and get a long hop. But he still got to a short hop. You just got to secure it there.
Speaker 5: All right, there's manager Aaron Boone answering questions from the New York media. I did not realize Nestor Cortes had not pitched in a game since September eighteenth. Tough spot for him to come in with the bases loaded in Game one of the World Series, facing one of, if not the best hitter of this generation, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: So fight on, Aaron Boone.
Speaker 5: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's take one more phone call before we say goodnight. David who was at Dodger Stadium tonight? David, where were you sitting and did you see Kelly Kapowski I heard Tiffany Amberthiesen was at Dodger Stadium tonight.
Speaker 9: No, I didn't say Tiffany whoever that is that I was on the loads level.
Speaker 15: I met you last year in Louis.
Speaker 8: I'm running a couple of times before.
Speaker 24: H Yeah, that was an amazing game in Australia. Yeah, I'm actually from Melbourne but coming here quite a bit.
Speaker 15: And uh yeah, go to a lot of games.
Speaker 7: So so where were you sitting?
Speaker 2: Tell us that nobody cares about that stuff.
Speaker 5: Where were you sitting when Freddy hit the slam loach level loads level?
Speaker 2: And did you know it was gone right away?
Speaker 7: What was going on?
Speaker 2: Was there a lot of high five pre splashing? What was going on?
Speaker 18: Paint the pictures as soon as it left it that my man on knew it was gone, and uh yeah, it was really specially moment.
Speaker 24: Yeah, just a privilege debate, Aaron. You know from what Freddie's in, Joe the Sea would signed the break and finger as you mentioned before, and also the the sprighted ankle and all he's gone through. So I specially tonight, and I'll lave at that even out of calls.
Speaker 5: All right, David, thanks a lot for calling in and man, you really made the trip to be at one of the most memorable World Series games in history, not even recent history, in history. The Dodgers win it in ten innings, six to three over the Yankees thanks to a walk off grand slam by Freddie Freeman. Game two is tomorrow night here at Dodgers Stadium, Yama Moto against left hander Carlos Rodin. Dave Roberts said before the game today, Miguel Rojas will get the started shortstop tomorrow. Rojas, who was not on the NLCS roster because of injury, made the World Series roster, is healthy enough to be out there tomorrow and he will get the started shortstop. We'll see where that moves Tommy Edmond and Keikey Hernandez when the Dodgers line up their rightings against the lefty Rodin Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at four o'clock first pitch from Dodgers Stadium with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 2: At five oh eight.
Speaker 5: We'll see what the Dodgers and Yankees have for an encore tomorrow night. What an opening act as the Dodgers win Game one of the World Series on a walk off grand slam by Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: In the tenth thinning.
Speaker 5: Thanks to Colin Ye back at our Burbank studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. We will talk to you tomorrow night after Game two of the World Series. The Dodgers take Game one six to three in ten innings. And oh, by the way, thank you to Brad Paisley and his wife Kim Williams for stopping by before they hit the road as well, so appreciate that.
Speaker 2: And a great job by Brad.
Speaker 5: Performing the Nashville anthem, and certainly for Nando Valezuela was on all our minds, not just tonight, but probably for the last month. And Fernando certainly was looking down on the Dodgers tonight. Tommy Lasorda, Vin Scully, all the Dodgers in Blue Heaven certainly were smiling tonight as Freddie Freeman gives us another memorable Dodger moment with a walk off grand slam in the tenth inning off of Nesta Cortes to give the Dodgers a six to three win in ten On M five seventy LA Sports, We'll talk to you tomorrow, see ya,