Speaker 1: I agree, there will only being two genders every day.
Speaker 2: The left just try to change the language.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station, five oh five.
Speaker 4: If it's not KRC the Talk station, Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Some say, a.
Speaker 4: There it is. You know it's Friday because Joe hit the woo hoo button. Just Trucker, executive producer of the program. Appreciate what you do.
Speaker 3: Joe. Appreciate the lineup this morning.
Speaker 4: Brian Thomas, glad it's Friday, and a very happy Friday, everybody. Happy Valentine's Day, and happy thirty third anniversary of the day that my wife agreed to marry me. So got engaged on Valentine's Day. Yeah, I know, I just you know, Valentine's Day Hallmark holiday as far as I'm concerned. But it was an excuse to just go ahead and do something that I planned on doing. Got up that more. I remember getting up that morning and I didn't have a ring or anything. I just went down to Jewelers Row and Chicago bought the ring that day and then tried to take her out to dinner, and she didn't want to go out to dinner. It's okay, So we got carry out from our favorite tie food place and we sat on the living room floor and after the Tai food, I popped the question. As I pointed out, I knew it was the right thing to do because of one of my all time favorite movies, Cosablanca, happened to be on television that night, so we watched Casablanca and got engaged. Fast forward to end of June and that's when we got married. And I was like pointing it out. You know, thirty three years of marriage and you know, we had her ups and downs and all worked through it. But we told everybody we were getting married. We just didn't invite anybody and got married in a lobby of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Naples, Florida, which was really fun, and had the judge. Is why we had a judge was a friend of one of the partners worked at the firm, and he linked me up with him and he said, yeah, he'll marry, and so he came over with his wife. His wife was a witness, and the photographer that we hired the day we got married.
Speaker 3: As a witness too.
Speaker 4: So it was fun and I love that story because you don't need a huge, giant stupid expensive wedding where you feel badly about the people you didn't invite and feel like you left them out or they feel like they got dissed because they weren't invited. Well, we were equal opportunity offenders. We didn't even invite my mom and dad. I actually asked, can we show up? It's like no, no, that'll just kind of just sort of the unleveled of playing field. Because paul UT's father never left the farm, I don't think ever. Dairy farmer, hard working guy, God bless him. He was just an amazing, amazing man. Just you know, a dairy farmer, small rural Pennsylvania dairy farmer, and you got to milk the cows twice a day or they stopped producing milk and your income goes away. So he's not about to leave the farm. He never came to visit us from after we moved to Cincinnati here Chicago. His mom, her mom did, but.
Speaker 3: He couldn't leave.
Speaker 4: So you know, they didn't have the ability to go, nor the financial means to go. Like no, you guys, mom and dad, I'm sorry. We had a party and thanks to my mom and dad for throwing a party for us.
Speaker 3: After we got back, but just the historic date for.
Speaker 4: Me, and I know my wife is probably listening right now. Thank you for saying yes, certainly transform my life. And coming up Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Every Friday at six start we get to hear from Intrust. I tease Dave and we talk about the spike and spoofing attacks on are you ready airplanes? He sent me the article that is a subject matter of that topic of conversation, and it is scary. I'm already having a problem with traveling on an airplane anymore. It keeps getting worse. You know, I've said I trust airplanes and I trust flying, and I think the likelihood of something happening is very slim. I know the statistics, but wow, the more and more information comes out about air travel, the more I'm getting freaked out. But this is really really creepy messing around with the GPS systems. That someone can unilaterally mess around with the GPS system is huge implications. So I will talk about that with Dave Hatter coming up. The local woman stalked by info found on her tender account. You think your privacy doesn't matter and you have nothing to hide, Well, guess what. It's all out there in the world and people can figure out stuff about you online and then maybe stalk you online. Real estate scam. We'll also talk about that. That'll come up at six point thirty, followed by Todd zins Or former Inspector General Wow Okay in studio the Citizen Watchdog, What is Rising fifteen and the Shenanigans behind it? Also, he's got a new YouTube channel. You can channel you can check out Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer Former Inspector General, George Brennevan. He's coming back in the studio. Will he be in studio, Joe, No, he's on the phone. We'll get his thoughts because he's all into health. He's got this new Restore Health initiative that's going on. And George, he's been on the program quite a few times over the years. Is we'll get his thoughts on RFK Junior's appointment. And yes, he went through. I'm actually you know, I know some of my listeners don't like him because of his bizarre political musings and his you know, feelings about climate change and all that. But he didn't have any control over that. But he might might bring transparency into what's going into our bodies, which I think is really important. I mean, when you look at all the additives and foods, and I never was a big label well, I guess I've always looked at labels, but ever since that I've tried to meet this challenge of eradicating sugar from my diet, you read labels more and more and you're like, why is all of this crap in our food? And I know most of my listeners probably have seen it. You know, you compare the labels in the United States for exactly the same product, but the products sold in the European Union. And I know this all springs from regulations, and you know me, I'm not a regulation guy. But if you can produce the food in Europe without all the additional additives and chemicals and things, why can't we have it here? And you know, have they done any research to find out what all these additives and things that they put into the food, whether they have any adverse impacts on our health? Isn't it a worthy endeavor to look into? And why is blank and corn syrup literally and almost anything you can buy these days? Oh, it adds to the appeal of the food. It adds to your enjoyment and the flavor. But it's an additive. It's an artificially incorporated ingredient.
Speaker 3: Maybe you know, if.
Speaker 4: The food doesn't taste good enough without that, so we add some sugar to it so you like it more. Probably have any adverse impact on our collective health. Geez I put a Facebook post up the other day about my struggles against sugar. Am I encouraging everyone to try to cut it out of your life because it makes you feel better. I mean, I got a couple of reasons to do that my health. Generally speaking, I'm hoping that it has an impact on my cancer because there's a lot of research out there showing there's a correlation between sugar and cancer. Canzer eats that stuff up, I mean at an insane rate compared to the rest of your body cells, so you're feeding the bad guy. So I thought, Okay, I don't know if that works for lymfuma, but I'm gonna give it a shot.
Speaker 3: And then you.
Speaker 4: Start reading labels and you're like, holy crap. You know, you got four grams of sugar in a mere tablespoon of ketchup. But the illustration I use on my Facebook post was there's forty five grams of sugar in one single can of Mountain Dew. And I know there's people out there that maybe drink three four five cans of DO a day. I'm just letting you know you're probably killing yourself. You're certainly not doing your body any good. And I'm sorry being preachy this morning. It's Friday, should be in a better mood. But as I stare aghast at the stories that are in front of me, it's a little difficult. And as I see here, fourteen states have now sued Elon Musk in the Department of Governmental Efficiency and Trump arguing and okay, for those who read articles and follow the news, what do we call Elon Musk before mentioning his name? What do we say? What is not Nazi? Joe, tech billionaire, billionaire. Oh, they put it in front of his name every single time. I don't care what media authority you're looking at. It's tech billionaire and Nazi. Okay, I'll give you that, Joe fine, tech billionaire. They're endeavoring to wage a class warfare argument in that subtle reminder that Elon Musk is very widely successful, but read the leadership genius of Elon Musk. My guest yesterday Dennis Neil that I mean, he may be a tech billionaire, but he leads a pretty lean life and his whole existence and he loves the country is to lean thing things out and make things more efficient. And shouldn't we want that in our government? Everybody's pulling their hair out that we're finding fraud, waste and abuse in government, and isn't that a good thing? Do we need as many government employees as we have? Apparently not the analogy drawn in the book Elon Musk. He buys Twitter and ends up eliminating eighty percent of the jobs there, and yet Twitter form of you know, functions as easily and effectively as it did when they had eighty percent more employees than they do. Now, why did you have them in the first place? I don't know. Maybe the business was poorly run. Maybe the business executives had formerly Twitter just thought well, well this is how it is. They weren't looking for efficiency. I guess they were spending all their time trying to ferret out stuff that they didn't like and didn't want you to say out loud. In a free country that has the right free and I know that doesn't track with privately owned companies. They don't have to give you the right to free speech. But as a platform to you know, put messages out to the world, why wouldn't you want multiple you know, positions on any given side so you and I can sort of use our logic and reason skills to decide, well, which position is better. Perhaps they didn't want you discussing that. Perhaps they didn't want you to bring up the reasons why DEI, for example, is a failing exercise and results in people that don't have merit and the appropriate skill sets for any given job are given jobs. Anyway, that might be a you know, something to look at when you're considering whether DEI is a good thing. But they would, you know, push the message that you want to offer contra to the one that they're trying to sell you, cover it up, push it away, or push it down to the bottom so nobody e would ever see it. Maybe that's what those eighty percent the employees were doing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But going back to the government, look at I mean, we every single day, I mean, I'm overwhelmed with the billions and billions of dollars that are going out into the world for the dumbest possible things, And those billions of dollars don't have a paper trail. The grant is issued, the money goes out, and no one looks into how the money was used, who was the recipient of all this money? And honestly, you know, the more fundamental point is it's money we don't even have to spend, not just the tax dollars that they actually receive in Washington, but trillions beyond that, a trillion dollars, one thousand billion dollars. Try to grab your head around that. Most people just gloss over. I mean, we used to talk about millions of dollars and spending and viewed it as a big deal in government back when like Reagan was president. Oh my god, millions and millions of dollars. Now it's just literally we've even moved past billions. And of course a billion is a thousand million. So yeah, when I see them finding, you know, like this. The other day, Lee Zelden found that there was a twenty billion dollar grant green energy slush fund is what he referred to for the EPA, and they quickly rolled it out. Someone referred to it as throwing gold bars off of the Titanic. That would be an insider referring to the push to get this money out into the world. They knew it was being thrown overboard, meaning it wasn't going to yield any fruit that you and I would benefit from. We just need to get the money out to these non governmental organizations to keep the funding rolling. Hurry up quick. We lost the election, but that's twenty billion dollars, just one tiny fraction of the excess spending government engages in annually.
Speaker 3: And the left is screaming about it. And that's not just the left.
Speaker 4: There was a funny op ed piece about the GOP's Doge test Kiberly Strassel Wall Street Journal saying, Okay, Republicans, spotlight's going to be on you. You're singing the praise of Elon Musk ferning out fraud, waste and abuse. But when it comes to your pet projects, when it comes to your state, when they come calling to cut your program, that's fraud filled, wasteful, stupid, abusive, not yielding any benefit for the American public. What are you going to do? And it's gonna be an interesting thing to behold. This is something Congressman Thomas mass You talked about earlier in the week on Wednesday, listen to the podcast at fifty five Caresey dot com. He said that we're gonna end up with an omnibus, and it's gonna be pack full of all kinds of these Republican pet projects that they refuse to give up on. In other words, continuing the vicious downward spile existential threat to the United States of America. Five twenty right now fifty five KOs City Talks Station. Feel free to call five one three, seven four nine fifty eight two three talk would be right back. Mus Get five twenty three fifty five ker cit De Talk Station. In a very very very very very happy Valentine's Dates by Friday to you.
Speaker 3: Quick words from let me.
Speaker 4: Listen to cat Tip from the Greg Guttfield Show coming in the morning, and she put it profoundly. It was a very interesting observation. Parallel the Democrats screaming about all this fraud, waste and abuse being exposed, and Trump's and everybody's efforts to cut it out. The parallel she drew, and I'll see if I can get it right. It's the husband whose reaction to his wife looking at his cell phone and finding proof of him fooling around Slash having an affair, and he's me exactly, and he screams about how she invaded his privacy and how he can't trust her since she doesn't trust him so much so that she looked at his phone. What mean, Let's see what Mississippi James got, Missisippi James, Happy Friday, Happy Valentine's to you, my friend.
Speaker 5: Hey, same to you, Brian. Hey, you were speaking of the sugar in the milligram. Yeah, most people don't know what milligram is, but the formerly is if you divide by.
Speaker 2: Four, that changes to tea spoons.
Speaker 5: So sl can and pophairf forded milligram or sugar divibe by four, you're eating the equivalent of ten teaspoons of stupar peez Louis.
Speaker 3: It sounds terrible just to hear it, man, right.
Speaker 5: When you take it back to teaspoon people not comfortable with millo gram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, divide by four.
Speaker 4: You know, James, you just put an exclamation point on my mountain dew analogy to the sugar intake we all have. And that's just let's think about this one one can.
Speaker 5: Right, that's the equivalent to it mountain dew. I think it is forty eight, So divide that by four and that's what you get equivalent how much teaspoon and sugar?
Speaker 4: Actually, I think it's forty six grams. I may have been wrong, and I think it's actually I'll have to relook it up because I look back at my post, which is the impetus for me bring that up? One can a mountain do forty six grams of sugar? Is it grams?
Speaker 3: Joe? It is? So I was wrong, So you can revise your figures.
Speaker 4: And it's it's more, way more than what you came up in terms of tea spoons. Yeah, no, it's it's actually gram forty six grams of sugar in a twelve ounce can of mountain dew.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's a lot, Bud.
Speaker 4: That's why I said it out loud. If you think about it in terms like you are, James, then you might say, wait a second, would I sit down and consume a bowl containing that many grams of just plain raw sugar? And I think the idea sounds horrific, But you mix it up with some acidic acid.
Speaker 3: And and and and and.
Speaker 4: Some artificial coloring, and and and some artificial flavoring and boiled chug down three or four cans of that stuff in a day. James, Thank you man. I appreciate you putting some clarity on that. You have a great weekend, My good friend. Five twenty six fifty five Karsini Talk station. Don't go away, be right back with local stories or more phone calls. Feel free to add to the discussion.
Speaker 1: Promise is made here. It is here.
Speaker 4: A Channe nine wether forecasts sunny skies and will be ultimately part like body at some point Today. Expect breezy wins and a high of thirty six overnight overcast rain moves in by five o'clock tomorrow morning, and it's going to be heavy. Thirty two overnight floodwatching effect the beginning at one pm tomorrow, with rainy day all day forty seven for the high.
Speaker 3: Continued rain overnight.
Speaker 4: They're expecting two to three inches just blowing my mind, thirty degrees to the overnight low rain. If florries might happen, they'll move out on Sunday. Floodwatch ends in the afternoon and a high of thirty nine on Sunday and about eighteen degrees right now for the five KCV talk station. Wow Mississippi. James blew my mind and went back and looked seas you know, everybody, I've figured at the other twelve ounce, can a mountain do? If you go over to the twenty ounceody does the big dudes at nineteen point two five teaspoons of sugar in one twenty ounce a mountain dew? I know Montaire this morning, and I apologize. It's just that these is mind blowing. If I sat in front of nineteen point two five teaspoons of sugar and just thought about taking a spoon and just putting it in my mouth, it just sounded aw.
Speaker 1: Makes my teeth hurt phrasing.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, just as I'm the one that made you're the one that made the noise. Anyway, Over the local stories, you feel free to call time in five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred two three talk pund five fifty on eight and t fund. I mean, there's quite a few local stories here, but I want to read the Michael S. Rose He's an opinion contributor to the Cincinnati Inquirer. February twelfth, editorial opinion Michael OS. Rose, headmaster at YAY Cincinnati Classical Academy in Reading, also the author of a book called the Art of Being Human, and I thought he had some excellent observations about the so called Nazis that were on the bridge of an Evendale.
Speaker 3: Michael S.
Speaker 4: Rose, and thank you for the opinion, beer for writing the opinion, because it's food for thought, as he writes. Across Ohigland, recently in the Cincinnti area, that is a disturbing phenomenon has emerged. A group of masked men clad in black uniforms taking the public streets, waving swastika flags and shouting racial appithets throughout through bullhorns. Their inflammatory actions have understandably john widespread condemnation, with many labeling them as neo Nazis. Yet while their theatrics demand on equivocal denunciation, we must also take a step back and ask a critical question, who are these people really? It is important for all people of goodwill to stand united against racism, racial slurs, and any acts meant to divide our communities. However, we must also recognize when we are being manipulated. The anonymity of this group is key. Unlike typical protesters, who demonstrate in public precisely because they want to be seen and heard, these individuals hide behind masks, refusing to take responsibility for their actions. The very nature of their secrecy suggests that they are not authentic activists, but provocateurs, engaged in psychological operations designed to sow discord and enmity among us. History has shown that when bad actors seek to divide a community, they often do so from the shadows. Anonymity allows them to operate without accountability, enabling them to create an illusion of widespread division where little or none exists. This is precisely why these masked figures chose to waive symbols in the nineteen thirties and nineteen forties German fascism in communities where those symbols are neither historically relevant nor culturally significant. The swastika flag in modern America is not a symbol of a genuine political movement, but a deliberate provocation meant to generate outrage and division. Consider the absurdity. Why would anyone with a genuine belief about white supremacy heide his identity while marching in broad daylight? Traditional demonstrations, even controversier ones have participants who are unafraid to stand behind their words and actions. The fact that no one seems to know who these masked individuals are, where they come from, or what their real affiliations might be should give us all pause. Unfortunately, this type of operation is effective. The appearance of these groups in Ohio leads the perception leads to the perception that our communities are more divided than they truly are. By exploiting media coverage and social media outrage, these provocateurs ensure their message is amplified far beyond their numbers, making it seem as though our cities are in turmoil, when in reality, we are being played. At its core, this issue is about more than just a group of massed agitators. It's about how we as communities respond to attempts to divide us. Those who see racism and racial slurs where they do not exist, or fail to recognize when they are being manipulated by provocateurs, risk playing directly into the hands of those who thrive on discord. The best response to such provocations is twofold first to call them out for what they are shameless attempts to manufacture division, and second, to ensure that our own words and actions do not give fuel to their fire. By fostering a culture of respect, accountability, and clear eyed discernment, we can counteract those to seek to exploit fear and misunderstanding for their own ends. Ohio'st communities are stronger than this. The people of Cincinnati and beyond must recognize that our greatest strength lies in our unity. Notice my pause and emphasis on those words, because this concept transcends just this stupid people on the bridge. This unity is what makes America great and at every turn, in every four and I'm diverting from his words. I apologize, Michael, and I just can't resist interjecting these thoughts. And I've been commenting about this for years. Across this great land of ours, the pot of division is constantly being stirred. Whether it's Nazis and Evendale or alleged Nazis and Evendale, or this nonsensical division that comes about from trying to tell you that a guy is in fact a girl when he's a guy, or anything else points a division that can be stirred and divide us are what is the problem with our country and why our country is deteriorating, and there is an ulterior motive to stirring the pot of division in this country, and and and and taking away the strength that does in fact lie in our unity. Anyway, Michael concludes, we cannot allow anonymous agitators to dictate the narrative or to poison the goodwill that exists among neighbors. By standing firm in the truth and refusing to be manipulated, we can ensure that the efforts of these provocateurs fail and that our communities emerged stronger and more united than ever. Excellent observations. Michael did a fantastic job, and I appreciate what you're doing. Five thirty six, five thirty seven, five kres. The Thalks station stack is stupid coming up next or phone calls, Feel free to call me.
Speaker 6: Right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Yes, And my friend Jeffrey on Facebook is excited. He sends me an instant message every week. Wait for it coming up on five point forty big primus fan. I guess just like Joe Strecker there you are putting a smile on everybody's face and get people out of bed in the morning. Anyhow, let's go to the local stories, or rather, I'm sorry. The stack is stupid as a tradition, as his tradition, and of course it being Friday, what is the tradition on Fridays?
Speaker 3: Naked people doing stupid.
Speaker 6: Things as a tradition.
Speaker 4: Gustavo Mendez standing in his bathroom quote in a state of undressed close quote guess heart is while using a cannabis vape pen he had just purchased at a licensed Oregon dispensary when the pen exploded in his hands, injuring him and causing a small fire. This according to lawsuit that was fouled this month. He bought the cannabis vape manufactured marketed by Defending and Quantum Alchemy at a shop that's identified. Doesn't matter he used the pen only a handful of times. Well, I know I was waiting for that Joe, since he was naked and in a matter for which it was designed. Of course that was in the complaint. He noticed the pen and become hot to the touch in February thirteenth of twenty twenty three. Lawsuit just filed this week ar this year or a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: A week ago.
Speaker 4: Penninet exploded in his hands when the bave pen exploded because thermal and chemical burns the parts of the plane OF's body, including but not limited to his eyes, his torso, and his penis. Eye injuries Mendez suffered allegedly caused ongoing slight sensitivity, preventing him from continuing his work as a welder, which you know, I'm sure the defendants will argue may the welding profession may have had a negative impact on his site. Anyway, that's the defense and I'm just offering it. Mendes, represented by Clark and Law Associates, suing Highway ninety nine, the store in Quantum Alcony for passing future medical expenses, twenty thousand dollars in property damage caused to his bathroom that seems outrageous, and fifty one, five hundred and ninety six dollars in economic damages from lost wages very specific amount. They're also looking for one hundred and fifty thousand dollars in non economic damages to make him whole from the pain, suffering and loss of enjoyment of life, life disruptions, embarrassment, and inconvenience. Suit states that due to Quantum Alconies and Highway ninety nine's various alleged violations. He sustained thermal and chemical burns of various parts of his body, including but not limited to, his eyes, torso, and penis.
Speaker 3: Due to these.
Speaker 4: Thermal and chemical burns, he's experienced and continues to experience, and he almost certainly will in the future, experience significant pain, suffering, life disruptions, embarrassment, loss of enjoyment of life, and inconvenience. This has taken me back to my days of practicing law. Anyhow, I guess that kind of th thing happens. That's why airplanes say do not put those devices in your stowed baggage, your check baggage. If a fire starts, they want it to happen in the overhead compartment so we can all be aware of it before the plane goes down. Oh there we are talking about airlines and problems on airlines against five forty five fifty five krst thak station. More stupid coming up, and I hope you can stick around for it.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio state.
Speaker 4: Five fifty fifty five krs decalk station. Let us return to the stack. Is stupid.
Speaker 3: Uh West Virginias.
Speaker 4: This one juvenile detained after deputy city assaulted multiple people, including police officers, while naked and under the.
Speaker 3: Influence of drugs.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 3: Let's find out together.
Speaker 4: Deputy's dispatch to a fight in progress at Burgess Mobile home Park in Beverly, West Virginia. Witnesses told nine to one one operators that a naked woman was screaming and fighting with people. The caller, who had a small child in the home, said the girl forced herself into her home and then she had to fight her off. Witness is able to drag the woman out of the residence. She began running around the trailer park before running into another trailer. Once deputy showed up, they found numerous people with injuries to their faces and arms, and were told that the girl was allegedly under the influence of pick a drug got one in mine acid. Deputy's located the girl in the bath of another trailer. Officer had his taser drawn and told her to get out of the bathtub, but she did not listen to commands and was in coherent. According to deputy's, officer attempted to grab the woman's arm to get her out of the bathtub and he got struck in the face. Deputy actually had cuts on his nose and forehead and under his left eye. Girl put in a handcuffs after a further struggle and into the back of the cruiser before she was identified as a juvenile taking a Davis Medical Center, but could not be transported by ambulance due to her being uncooperative. Her family was contacted and the parents took her took custody of her at the hospital. Deputy, along with one witness that the scene, sought medical treatment for possible blood exposure due to the injuries. Multiple videos of the girls' actions recorded, of course, on people's cell phones, part of the officers showing up. I'm sure they're online somewhere if you want to look for juven Oppetition has been filed through the Prosecuting Attorney's office. Four counts of battery, two counts a battery and a police officer, destruction of property and trespassing.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Joe, San Francisco naked man. Yeah, it's kind of the norm out there, isn't it. Joe naked. That's all we need to say. Naked man in San Francisco. End of story. Anyway, this naked man detained a connection with a fire that broke out into residence in Valencia Street. San Francisco Police Department said the fire broke out at a building located on Valencia near Alamo draft House in the mission. Police responded around five point fifty in the morning and met with San Francisco Fire Department personnel who were taking care of the fire. Fire extended from the building's first floor to the third floor in the building's lightwell. Person taken to the hospital with unknown injuries, according to the police department. Residents in the area were told to shelter in place to the smoke. Witnesses at the scene told local news that Joey Horta they say saw one guy. Joey Horta say they saw a naked man who doesn't live there, go into the building during the fire. This time, it's unknown whether the two events are connected. I'm gonna go with yeah. We got a Marmaduke, Arkansas, where a Sheriff's deputies arrested a Marmaduke woman Wednesday after she said after they said she sent a photo of her genitals to.
Speaker 1: A miner, why are you doing that?
Speaker 4: Green kind of District Court Judge Daniels Stidham found probable cause to charge thirty six year old Amber mcm murray with sexual indecency with a child. Documents say McMurray's accused of sending text messages to the child, including a photo of her huha quote as a gift for the miner's birthday close quote thank you Joe, expressing my sentiments in a SoundBite exactly Sergeant Critten had said. The photo had a picture frame around the edges with the words you make my heart smile, as well as a digital gif of a cupcake that read make a wish?
Speaker 3: Do what the amen? Brother.
Speaker 4: According to the affidavi, murray and the child texted on a regular basis that's in the report, including conversations of a sexual nature. McMurray was arrested February fifth, taking to the Green Kind of Attention Center to await her next court appearance. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: And along the same lines, we go to a Chamber County, Texas, where a former Barber's Hill High School teacher booked into jail facing allegations that she had sex with a student in twenty twenty three, Molly Colin Spears. We have a lot of these lately, don't we. Molly Colleen Spears and died of by the Chambers kind of grand jury for the charge of improper relations with a student back in February of this year. February of this year of the indictment weren't for arrest issued. She wasn't arrested until the eleventh of this month, when her attorney said she's self surrendered to the Chamber County Jail. Bond said at fifty thousand dollars. She's accused of engaging in sexual conduct and intercourse with the male students during her time at the as a teacher at Barber's Hill High School. She's solicited the contact by text message and through a commercial online service to meet the student idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 4: Barber's Hill School District issued a statement, Molly Spears worked past tense as a high school teacher for Barbara Hill High isd from August twenty one to June twenty three, earlier the month. Per policy, the district will not confirm any internal investigation the matter. Wow, you know every time I read a story like this, you're gonna get caught. First off, having sex with children is disgusting. Don't do it, it's criminal. And second, kids never keep their mouth shut. They show people everything. You send your picture of your huhad to a sixteen year old or whatever, they're gonna show all their friends. Who can argue with No one can argue with five point fifty six. Hey, thank god they do that. Way we catch these people and put them in jail where they belong and where bad things happen to them, beyond the reaches of the criminal justice system, Right Joe, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Don't go away.
Speaker 4: We got plenty to talk of until we get to six point thirty with Tech Friday Dave Hatter.
Speaker 3: That'll be in the next hour.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day, every day, promises made, promises kept.
Speaker 7: Fifty five krs the talk station. You've heard the fifty five kr sing detalk station, Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: Pride Time's always inviting phone calls here in the fifty five car see morning show. We don't have guests lined up, and guests will begin, of course, at the bottom of the hour With Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, we're speaking with the spike and spoofing attack on Yes airplanes, local woman stalked by info that was found on her tender account, and online real estate scams. Fast forward an hour. Todd Zenzer, a former Inspector General. He'll be in studio. The Citizen Watchdog is Todd Zinser. He will explain what Rising fifteen is and as Joe Strecker on the Rundown describes it, the shenanigans related to it, and a new YouTube channel you can check out Citizen Watchdog with Todd Enzer. Right fast forward two hours, George Brunnember returns of the program, and we'll get his thoughts on RFK Junior's appointment.
Speaker 3: It went through.
Speaker 4: He is our new healthcare zar and how is the Restore Wellness initiative going on? He launched that in an effort to bring awareness about well better health, better food, and kind of along the lines of rfk's appointment, and I think he's probably pretty excited about it, and I am too. I don't need to go back through it. I went through it in the last hour, but I do observe that we need more awareness, we need information, we need real information about what's in food. We're putting into our bodies. And you know what, I'm happy there's a polio vaccine and I'm glad I got it. I'm not anti vaccine at all. I didn't get a COVID shot, and I'm glad I didn't do that. And you know what's with Children's hospital denying transplant surgery to a kid just because the kid didn't get the COVID nineteen shot. Don't the statistics bear out that people who don't have comorbid conditions don't need COVID nineteen shots, and children are very, very very unlikely to succumb to the illness. And doctor Fauci was an unelected bureaucrat with a lot of power and a lot of authority, and she's picking and choosing those unelected officials that we want to make fun of or criticize or condemn. And when you got a man who's an unelected bureaucrat, who doesn't need a salary, who doesn't have to have that job, who's willing to do it for free, and who is a king at ferreting out fraud, waste and abuse. And you know, billionaire Elon Musk, and every article you read, you got to see that They can't. They can't deprive you or the world of reminding you that he's a billionaire. But ask yourself, well, why is Elon Musk a billionaire? Because his giant brain helped create business and industries that people love, and he honed those businesses and industries down and made them lean, efficient businesses. That was my conversation yesterday with Dennis Neil in his book The Leadership Genius of Elon Musk. What do you had that he made a billion dollars on it through his own efforts. Guy doesn't even own a mansion. He owns a one of his tiny houses that apparently is collapsible.
Speaker 3: That is keate.
Speaker 4: Neil revealed that yesterday, and I knew he didn't live in a big house. He doesn't. He doesn't own a yacht. He doesn't go flaunt his money to anybody.
Speaker 3: He sat. He camps out at other people's houses regularly.
Speaker 4: Anyway over the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 3: Sorry standing on the shoulders of giants.
Speaker 4: But so you want proof of government fraud, And I'll go back to kat tips point on Guttfeldt Show last night. This this this democrat's crazy behavior and the screaming and yelling at the plug being pulled out of all the fraud, waste, and abuse. You know the it's it's the husband screaming at his wife for violating his privacy while she confronts him with evidence of him having an affair on his cell phone. He's mad because she apparently didn't trust him enough that she went rifling through his cell phone. So the object of the discussion him having an affair is overlooked by the topic of her looking at her phone in the first place. Yeah, I thought that was a beautiful analogy. Anyway, Editorial Board, Remember when eliminating government waste fraud abuse was a bipartisan goal. Well, now that Elon Musk is trying to do that, I should have put billionaire in there, because the journal didn't. Democrats and the Friends and the press say his Department of Government Efficiency is tilting at windmills. New York Times headline this week, quote at Oval office must makes broad claims of federal fraud without proof. The White House retorted quote, Apparently the Times and other like minded outlets lack access to a new fangled research tool called Google.
Speaker 3: No proof of fraud. How much do you want?
Speaker 4: A Government Accountability Office report last spring estimated the federal government. This is in the Government Accountability Office, not coming from DOGE. It's the GAO and its last spring. So it was under the Biden administration, all right. In their words, the federal government could lose between two hundred and thirty three billion and five hundred and twenty one billion dollars annually to fraud. A federal auditor said a government wide approach is required to address it and recommended that the Treasury, again in their words, leverage data analytics capabilities to stop questionable payments. That's what DOGE is trying to do. The GAO earlier again, Biden administration estimated that eleven to fifteen percent of unemployment benefits during the pandemic were fraudulent totally, between one hundred billion and one hundred and thirty five billion dollars. Some went to transitional gangs, prisoners, state sponsored hackers. The Labor Departments Inspector General estimated at least one hundred and ninety one billion in improper pandemic unemployment payments. The Secret Service found hackers linked to the Chinese government stole at least twenty million in COVID benefits. A pandemic employee Retention Tax Credit, the ERTC has been another ripe target. According to the Internal Revenue Service, a California prisoner claimed more than five hundred and fifty million dollars from the ERTC. The IRS pause processing of new ERTC claims in twenty twenty three. Bien administration, because of rampant fraud, initially estimated a fifty five billion dollars The program's costs a balloon to two hundred and thirty billion dollars in counting one culprit Outdated government IT systems that lack fraud controls, such as identity verification agencies, also don't internally share data that could identify red flags. Congress in twenty twenty one, note, the administration authorized the pilot program that gave the Treasury access to the Social Security Administration's full death master file to prevent payments to dead people. The Biden Treasury last month said that this prevented and recovered thirty one million dollars in improper payments in fraud over five months, which it called just the tip of the iceberg. Note the administration better financial controls, technology and data sharing could reduce IRS's improper payments, including the earned income tax cres. That credit estimated at thirty three and a half percent, Obamacare Net Premium tax Credit twenty six percent, the refundable portion of the Child Tax Credit fourteen and a half percent, and the Education Tax Credit thirty one point six percent. These as those estimates come from the Biden Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. Notice a trend here the irs Improper payments increased under Biden, no doubt, because it's harder to stop fraud when so much more money is flying out the door. Biden officials also eased income verifications for Obamacare subsidies, Medicaid, and other welfare programs. The Health and Human Services Department last year estimated eighty five billion dollars in improper payments in Medicare and Medicaid, again last year identified under the Biden administration. It's ironic, to say the least. The Democrats have lambasted the peer to peer Payments APT ZELL for not doing enough to prevent fraud on its network. Zell's estimated fraud weight rate ready zero point one percent, which is apparently ninety nine percent lower than the goal for government programs, which many agencies do not achieve. Maybe they need to know your customer rules so they don't send money to criminals. The political left's hostility to Musk's anti fraud campaign is hard to understand, but the partisan times are such that if mister Musk said the sky's blue, liberals would probably say he has no proof. Sorry, state of affairs, folks, extraordinarily sorry, state of affairs.
Speaker 3: Whose side do.
Speaker 4: You want on this six fifteen to fifty five kerricytalk station, Steve, I promise you you'll be first out of the gate when we get back, but I got to take a break at is six fifteen, and I do want to strongly encourage you to save money, which is I grew up on the West Side. I'm a Dulhesian. You search for areas to save money when it comes to car repairs, and you know how expensive car repairs are getting, and have gotten foreign exchange. You got an imported car from a traditional import manufacturer, just take it to foreign exchange. I assure you you will save money over the dealer cost. That's the reason for foreign exchange existence. They're fantastic with customer service. Your car will be worked on and repaired with a full warranty on parts and service by an AS certified Master technician who you can actually talk to, and you can't do that at a dealer. They got that service manager standing between you and the person who actually does the work on the car. But if you want to talk to the person that works on your car, like I do. Foreign Exchange Westchester, that's where we go, my wife and I, my daughter, my son, Westchester location for the imported cars. That's a Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. Just head east off that exit two streets and hang a right on Kingland. I think there's a chicken joint right there on the corner there, but it's Kinglind Drive and it's just a short jog off the the off ramp there. Uh, And you'll run right into it and tell him, Brian said, Hi. When you stop in at your appointment time and when you call for an appointment, please tell him. Brian said, Hi. Five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. You'll find them online at Foreign X four in the letter.
Speaker 3: X dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KR six six twenty.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KCV talk station, Happy Valentine's Day, and a happy Friday five one three seven, fify five hundred eight hunredy two three talk anybody else happy it's Friday, David. Yeah, I can always expect agreement from him. He's got no say in the matter. He can't call in and contradict himself because he's dead. Anyway, where the phones would go, I promised Tevi'd be first, Richard, hang on, I understand you have a really good point to make. Welcome to the program, Steve. It's good to hear from this morning.
Speaker 8: I have a really good point to make too. I hope I want to take fIF fifteen seconds here. But the problem is they're worried about people having influence that nobody voted on. I believe the most important person, or the most powerful person in the president's inner circle is his chief of staff, who he appoints. And I'm ninety nine percent certain. I don't even think they need Senate Senate confirmation.
Speaker 3: I believe that is correct.
Speaker 2: There's not a more.
Speaker 8: Powerful person than the chief of staff that sets the agenda, controls access to the president. But you know, again, Elon's in the news now. He's finding things they didn't want you to know about. So that's who they're upset about.
Speaker 4: That's you too, Steve. I appreciate the call. You forgot to say billionaire Elon Musk and Joe interjects and Nazi Richard, welcome to the show. Good to hear from you today.
Speaker 9: Hey, Brian, Hey, thanks for taking the call. I listened to you just about every morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Great job.
Speaker 11: So I called.
Speaker 9: I was talking to your call spinner. I called because, uh I heard I saw you heard you mentioned JD. Vance and how one of his relatives. I forget exactly if it's a niece or something you might know better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't mention JD.
Speaker 4: But I am aware that there is some familial relationship between the child that was denied a transplant because she didn't have the COVID vaccine, among others, and JD.
Speaker 3: Vance.
Speaker 4: But I think that's immaterial to the broader discussion of how come a child can't get a transplant because she doesn't have or he. I don't know if it's a matter of a girl or a boy doesn't have the COVID shot exactly.
Speaker 9: So I called his actually work at children, Oh okay, and they put out an they put out an internal memo and it had had a bunch of other legal jargon on there, but basically they had said that they they didn't specifically allude to the JD Van's case, but they had said that they evaluate every organ transplant, uh, and they make the best decision for the kid themselves, just like they did with the COVID shots. They make the best decision themselves to decide whether they should go through with the transplant or not, you know, based upon their assessment. So the point the point being, like they did with the COVID shots, they take the choice away from the family and the parents, yeah, to make that choice to say, we know the risks, but we're gonna take them anyway. And it's the just like they did with the COVID shots, they forced people to they.
Speaker 3: I'm just is the word irony?
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: One of the one of the problems that the COVID shots revealed, one of the side effects is heart problems.
Speaker 3: Are we talking about a heart transplant here? I think let that just process that one.
Speaker 4: Richard, I mean, Lord almighty, thank you so much for shedding additional insight information on this situation. I mean, all right, so here's the timeline. They create a virus in a lab that is deadly to some human beings, and it should have been created in the first place. It gets unleashed on the globe and millions of people ultimately die from it. They rush a vaccine and under an emergency use authorization and then force millions of people to do something they might otherwise not do, and that's without information about the side effects and no ability to seek legal recourse because of emergency use authorization. It should you become harmed by the vaccine for things that they didn't disclose about it, making the pharmaceutical companies literally millions and millions of dollars, and now they refuse to disclose any records about it. Get a load of this one real quick. Here, I can put an exclamation point on this whole thing. Freedom of Information Act lawsuit was filed on behalf of the Public Health and Medical Professionals for Transparency. This lawsuit file back on twenty twenty one. When they refuse to turn over information, pursue into a foyer request. This is the FDA, give me the documents. I have a legal right to get them. That's what the FOYA says. And so they didn't. So that's when you go to court, and of course a judge orders you to produce them. Right, this entity wanted documents the FDA relied on in approving Pfizer's vaccine. In November twenty one, the agency said it would release five hundred pages per month, which would mean it would take seventy five years to ultimately get all of them. January twenty two, District Judge Mark Pittman of Texas rejected that proposal and ordered them to expedite the release fifty five thousand pages a month, aiming to complete the whole disclosure of four hundred and fifty thousand pages. Keep that number of mind. By August of twenty two. As the documents were rolling out, researchers began uncovering glaring gaps, preventing a systemic review of the data, fueling suspicions about what else the FADA might be withholding. According to the reporting from the Brownston Institute Marianne Demassi props, it became evident that the FDA withheld records directly tied to its emergency youth authorization of Pfiser's vaccine, estimated to beat over one million pages, not the four hundred and fifty thousand dollars one thousand that they said they had documents which the FDA had full knowledge of, were excluded from earlier disclosures, effectively misleading the judiciary and undermining public trust. According to the attorney, the FDA has been hiding millions of pages from the Court, the planets, and the public. Only those concerned about the truth seek to conceal evidence. The FDA here has clearly concerned about the truth and lacks confidence in the review that it conducted the license Pfizer's COVID nineteen vaccine because it's doing everything possible to prevent independent scientists from conducting an independent review. In his ruling, Judge Pittman's latest ruling, quoting Patrick Henry, the liberties of a people never were, nor will ever be secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. In his order, Pitman concluded, the COVID nineteen pandemics long past, and so is any legitimate reason for concealing from the American people the information relied upon by the government in approving the Pfizer vaccine. According to the latest order of the additional documents slated to be released by June of next year. Don't hold your breath. Tech Friday's Day of Hatter coming up next first Affordable Medical Imaging. Thinking of things medical think about affordable imaging services. It's a great place to go. The prices are absolutely amazing compared to the Hospital Imaging Department MRI, CT scans, echo cardiograms. There's not a single scan that even comes close to even one thousand dollars, where a CT scan at a hospital or an ultra sounate the hospital will be thousands of dollars. Echocar at hospitals probably set you back at least two thousand dollars. So every scan of affordable imaging services comes with a board certified radiologist report that you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours. There is no legitimate difference between the Equipment's the same kind of equipment hospitals use. It's just very low overhead. Don't expect bells and whistless. Just expect to get a proper scan and a proper imaging report. That's what it's all about. You have choice when it comes to your medical care. Your new out of pocket liability. It's a new calendar year folks, it's coming out of your pockets. Don't do that to yourselves. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. To learn more, check out the pricing and all the information online at Affordable Medimaging dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC tix.
Speaker 4: Thirty one fifty five CARCD Talk Station, Happy Variety, Happy Valentine's Day, and a great day and time to be tuned in the fIF five CARC Morning Show because we get the well privilege of hearing from tech Friday's Day brought to you by his company interest It. Businesses have computers, they're ubiquitous, and he fixes computer problems and keeps you out of jams and solves some problems and institutes best practices. Get in touch with him and the team at interest it with interest dot com. Welcome back, Dave Hatter, my friend. It's always a pleasure to have you on my program.
Speaker 11: Always my pleasure to be here, Brian, look forward to it every week.
Speaker 4: Well, and I'm just kind of upset that you didn't bring up this first topic earlier because the article that you sent me that I read when you first sent it to me, Because thank you for the emails. I know, I don't always respond to my emails. I get it, just a ton of them every day. But spike in GF GPS spoofing attacks hits passenger planes, This is scary stuff.
Speaker 3: Dave Hatter h.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Brian, I could not agree with you more. I think it's pretty scary, and apparently it's been going on for a while. I don't know why it's taken so long to hit the mainstream press, because to your point, that oarticle is from back in August, I don't fly all, don't really like to fly, you know, I'll do it, don't really enjoy it. And when you read stories like this, it just makes you that much more concerned. I mean, before we get into the specifics of this. To me, this just is further reinforcement for something you and I have been talking about it for a long time, which is our society is increasingly digital and the infrastructure that makes it all work is really fragile. All this stuff was developed, you know, somewhere between the sixties and the eighties, when security wasn't a concern, privacy wasn't a concern, there was limited access to the technology that makes all of this stuff work. And then over time people are like, hey, this particular technology could do this cool thing, right, and then you know, it's sort of expanded it's feelers into more and more things. And I'm not talking about GPS specifically, I'm just saying in general, everything became digital. The Internet started to connect things, business processes that used to take place in the world on paper, et cetera. It became digital. And to me, this is just one more example where our whole infrastructure is very fragile. It's based on old technology again, where security was not a concern when this stuff was built, and now we're starting to see how that wasn't such a good plan. And when you look at this GPS thing. So I'm just going from this this article. You know, apparently there are numerous GPS spoofing attacks. It's easy to do because the GPS signal used for commercial purposes isn't encrypted. And I mean the real bottom line is, if I can have a GPS transmitter that's more powerful than the signal that's being sent down from the satellites, which frankly is very very low powered, I can basically override it and fool the GPS devices within that range into you know, having something that's not a correct reading, you know. Either this has been a problem for ships as well, apparently, and there's some speculation that some of these ships that have run aground or that big ship that got stuck in the Panama Canal may have had a you know, could have been a cyber attack. Maybe is this a cyber attack? I would argue it is. Is this a cyber attack that could cause that kind of thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 11: And when you look at the stats in here, right, So, according to this article surgeon GPS attacks highlighted in July of last year, significant spike and GPS spoofing over the last few months, with an increasing impact on flight safety. Number of flights effected has risen from an average of wait for it, two hundred daily in the period of January to March to around nine hundred daily. Nine hundred flights have been impacted by GPS spoofing in the second quarter of twenty twenty four, and they say on some days as many as thirteen hundred and fifty flights have encountered spoofing.
Speaker 4: And those numbers, yeah, you only imagine, have increased dramatically since August of twenty four, when that article is written.
Speaker 11: I would think so. I mean, you know, they go on to say this four hundred percent increasing GPS attacks relates to the wider GPS ecosystem itself front of than targeting specific aircraft. And you know, they mentioned that this is even more common around conflict zones where you know, places like in the Middle East and so forth. Sure, I agree with you, very scary, very scary. There's no simple fix for this because of the nature of the way this works, other than you know, we have to build systems that are secure by design. That's this is a cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency initiative which I fully support. We need software and systems that are designed to be secure from the beginning, not somewhere later. It's like, oh, you know, probably be a good idea if we build some security into this.
Speaker 1: Well, no kidding.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Jay rale Off yesterday talking about the air traffic control systems like fifty years old or something like that, some of them still using those old giant floppy This not even the five and a quarter ones legacy systems that people don't even know how to use anymore, and that needs to be updated and everybody knows it needs to be updated. He said it would probably take like six years to get it updated if they finally got the allocation of fundings and started the initiative to do it in the first place. Can you imagine the GPS system?
Speaker 3: Jeez, Louise.
Speaker 4: Thanks, I'm really comfortable about flying, even more so than it was before you came on the program. There, Dave got to take a break at six thirty six, we'll bring you back to talk about well information found on titter leads to a local woman being stalked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Twitter.
Speaker 4: Tender whatever, Sorry, I thought you were giving me a hard time of mispronouncing Twitter, Joe. Considering the subject matter of the discussion, We're gonna have twenty two to three a Friday night date night. Every Friday Night's date night. At twenty two three you get a full lane for one full hour for twenty one bucks. It's a great deal. And for Valentine's Day, which is tonight, it may not be too late to register to get a lane at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven. It's a great date night, especially if you if your date has never used a firearm and you may have an experience year if you can experience firearms user. If you want an interesting and I would argue probably successful date, it's a good idea. I know that from personal experience. Don't stress about your plans twenty two to three, and you get a couple of free Valentine's Day targets that go along with it for this day today. So head on over to twenty two three on Valentine's Day and enjoy some fun great gun story. Might find something you want there. They have a massive selection of firearms and outstanding prices. They are always extraordinarily competitive on pricing until Wendy and Jeff, the owners that Brian said have when you stop in even have a gun smeth there. Find them online. Learn all the information at twenty two three and you can schedule your appointment there for the date night tonight twenty two to three. The number twenty two five, the word three spelled out twenty two three, dot.
Speaker 7: Com fifty five car the talk station contact interest it for comprehensive.
Speaker 4: It spells sunny, turning partly cloudie today, a high at thirty six. Overnight overcast rain kicks in around five am, well thirty two rain all day tomorrow, flood to watch kicks in at one pm Mars High forty seven overnight. The ring will continue Saturday with two three inches expected or possible, rather thirty the overnight low and I H have thirty nine on Sunday with rain moving out. Floodwatch ending in the afternoon sixteen degrees now time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCLF Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: For more than one hundred years, the experts at u SEE Health have been giving hard patients chance and fender outcomes.
Speaker 1: That's boundless care.
Speaker 12: You can trust expect more at you see how dot com cruiser're working with an accident. What's been two seventy five after Hamilton Avenue. They're over on the right shoulder, traffic volume light. I'm seeing no delays to get by on the highway or on the ram. Everything else has in pretty good shape too. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 4: Sixty one at thirty five KRC the talk station check Fright of a day, patter interest tact dot com. So it's not it's not Twitter, it's actually tender. It's a dating site, right, Dave, it.
Speaker 5: Is a dating site.
Speaker 11: Yes, Brian, I only know I'm married. I don't know and it's Valentine's Day? Have you Valentine's dari love you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 11: It is a dating site.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what happened?
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is interesting but not surprising to me. So apparently a woman had a letter show up at her house, a handwritten letter from a guy that found her on tender. Apparently she was not interested in him. And I guess the way these dating sites work, as I've been told Brian, is that you know, you see a photo of someone and you like him, and you swipe left if you want to move on, and swipe right if you want to, you know, establish some sort of rapport with people, and you know, the first thing you have to understand is the sites work better the more information you put in about yourself, right, Yeah, they're trying to help you find people that might have similar interests, and the more information you put in about yourself, of course, the more likely you're going to find someone that would potentially be a match. But that's where the problem comes in, because whether it's just a straight up romance scam lots of those go on every day, or it's you know, enough information to help someone find you, like what happened in this case, the more information you put in about yourself, the more you put yourself at risk. And that's true with you know, any type of social media, whether it's a dating side or not. But in this case, apparently this woman got a letter because the guy wanted to meet her. She apparently was not interested in him, so he used the information that was available. And I suspect because I haven't seen any news reports where they talk to the guy. I think the police did go talk to the guy, and they didn't, you know, think he was harmful. He wasn't going to do anything illegal or anything like that. You know, he just decided to I guess to his credit, like hey, Okay, I'm gonna go outside tender and find this person and see if I can and you know, reach out and establish a relationship. Freaked her out. I could understand where it comes. Yeah, And I think it's because so many people think, okay, well there's privacy settings in these apps or whatever. And you know, Brian is a whole field in cybersecurity called ocent open source intelligence, and it's all about how can you use information? Sometimes you might have to go on the dark web to find it, but how can you use information that's available on the Internet to identify people, identify companies. I mean, you know, as a business and Intrust. We pay for sites like Seamless AI powerful tool for businesses. They use AI to find information. So, you know, if I'm looking to talk to your company to see if Intrust might be a good fit for you, I can type in your company name, I can type in the name of a person I think might work there, a plus a bunch of other stuff, and I would bet you, Brian, eighty to ninety percent of the time I get a valid phone number and email address out of that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 11: But even if you don't want to pay company websites, other social media sites, Google searches, you know, and one of the questions I got asked about this, well, okay, if he just had a picture of this person and apparently she didn't have her full name in there, how could he find her? Well, okay, you could start with the reverse image search on Google and see if that profile photo shows up somewhere else. If it's if you have a location and they're like, I'm I live in Mason, Ohio. I'm a realtor. Okay, if your first name is Cindy and you're a realtor in Mason and there's a photo of you, I guarantee I can find you in less than ten minutes. Second day, Yeah, it wouldn't take long. So again, I don't think there's anything illegal here, But for folks who are thinking, hey, I'm using the privacy settings and you know, I want to be sort of semi anonymous, you need to think again. I'm not saying don't use these sites, but I also think this is a warning because not only can someone find you potentially, but the more information you put in there about you, if I am a con man, right, and whether it's what are you put in tender or once I find your Facebook profile or whatever, if I know a lot about you, like you happen to like Greater's Mint chocolate chip, and you like Skyline and et cetera, et cetera, suddenly i'm gonna, you know, if you'll start talking to me, I'm gonna seem like you're a dream person because I'm gonna know all the things you like. I'm gonna like all the same things quo and uh, you know it. So, whether it's a romance scam angle or it's a you could eventually be physically identified and located. These are things folks need to think about.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can see some guys saying, oh, I was just he was watching television. I just had to have a bowl of Greater's Mint chocolate chip ice cream. Like, oh you like that too, Yep, yeah, I was. I was watching, Uh, I don't know, think the movie that she likes, her favorite movie, Like I was watching you know when when Harry met Sally over a bowl of you know, it's like, oh my god, Book dream Man.
Speaker 11: I was watching the watching The Notebook with my three cats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, six forty six, hang on, we got one more to the online real estates. Gay speaking of the Realtor six forty six eighty five kers Detoxation, Chimneycare fireplace and stove, get in touch with them for your safety, and it's really important I emphasize this and always use the Chimneycare fireplace and stove to pass along sage wisdom, which is by yourself a carbon monoxide detector. You probably have a smoke detector. Carbon monoxide is a deadly silent, odorless killer. So save your family's life and invest like twenty bucks in something that is truly life save. But beyond that, invest in a very low cost inspection, a wood burning sweep and evaluation from the Chimneycare Fireplace in Stove. For one hundred of the sixty nine ninety nine plus tax. You get your chimney swept, fully inspected, identify any problems, make sure everything's in working order, and you keep your home safe and of course cozy. I'd love a good fire in a fireplace. It's just beautiful. But if you don't have peace of mind, there could be a problem. Yeah, I'd ask my friend Cribbage Mike great grandkids stuff toys up the chimney. He didn't know about it until they let the gas fire our place for the first time in the year. The whole room filled with smoke. That's a problem. A problem solved by the wonderful service text at Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove A plus with a better business Bureau Showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road. If you're interested in a fireplace insert or a free standing stove accessories, they've got it all. Find them online Chimneycareco dot com. You can book your appointment there or call them directly and tell them I said hi, please five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 4: Six fifty one vick about krecd Talks Station. Former Inspector General Todd Zenzer returns of the morning show in studio. We got a lot to talk about with Todd in the meantime, Back to Tech Friday's Dave Hatter and thanks again, interest it dot com real estate scams.
Speaker 3: What's this one all about, Dave?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Brian, if I could real quick just to die divert for a second. Anyone's looking for a sales rep. My son Samuel's looking for a job, reach out to me. And also I'm going to be speaking at an event with the Circuit, which is a local tech org here in Cincinnati, about privacy laws in the US. So if you're a business, you are going to care about these privacy laws. They are they are coming for you no matter where you do business. February twenty sixth, eight thirty to ten. You can find it at the Circuit or just connect with me. Love to see you there. There's also another guy there coming from Dinsmore Shoal. So it should be a great event. And to me, Brian, this story is probably as terrifying or more terrifying than the GPS story. People are losing their entire life savings buying and selling houses, and it ties into and it's so hard to connect the dots on this stuff for people when people say, well, why do I care about security? I don't have anything to hide. I don't have anything we're stealing. So imagine you're going to close and you've got all your ducks in a row, you've bought a new house, you've sold your house, you're going to close, and suddenly you find out that that wire transfer you were requested to do as bogus and all your money stolen. Can you even afford the new house? If you're the seller of the previous house money didn't get to you because the new buyer had their money stolen. It's crazy, and this is happening a lot more regular than people realize. And it's usually because at some point in the chain, whether it's the mortgage company or the bank, they have what in the business would be known as an account takeover. And this is why you should care about your email accounts. People say, well, so what if they can read my email? Well, here's the so what I'm a criminal. I get in your email and I see it you're involved in a transaction like this. I set up a mail flow rule so that all of the email around this particular transaction or coming from a certain person, whatever, goes into a folder that you don't know is there. And now I am personate you. Oh and if I happen to know a lot about you, because there's all kinds of information about you leaked on the dark web, it's easy for me to impersonate you. And you know closings coming up four pm on Friday, bring a check. Oh wait, last minute change. The bank's going to need you to wire. This information here coming from a person you've been talking to because they're in that person's account, impersonating them?
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 11: Before I say anything else.
Speaker 3: These loes is sprite.
Speaker 11: Yeah. This is why it's so important that this basic cyber hygiene stuff you and I have been talking about for eleven years is so important. If you don't have strong unique passwords, if you don't use multi factor authentication or even better pass keys, or a product like Microsoft in Tune to protect your accounts, someone can get into these accounts figure out how to get to your money, whether it's sending out fraudulent invoices or it's injecting themselves in some kind of deal like this. And again, if you and I have been working together on the sale of a home because I'm your mortgage broker or whatever, you've been talking to me, You've been working with me, and at the last minute, you get an email from my legitimate account that's telling you something has changed. Don't bring a cashier's check, send the money here. Why wouldn't you do that?
Speaker 1: Jesus Uh.
Speaker 11: There's Local twelve had a story on this, and there's I encourage people. I'll put it in my show notes. There's a video of a guy who specializes in this. He started the company to try to stop this fraud. He has a very short but very impactful video explaining if you're a buyer or seller, the questions you should ask upfront and the things you should be prepared for, so when you get down to the wire, you would already have figured out like this is the way this transaction is going to go. And then if anything changes at all, you should be skeptical. You shouldn't just red flags. I strongly encourage everyone to go watch this guy's video again. You can find it from the Local twelve story. I'll link to it because he does a really great job of explaining this. That article does a good job explaining the risks and people losing hundreds of thousands of dollars that in some cases they get none of it back. And you know this can be stopped if you're aware and you know the right questions to ask, and then you know, go down to the wire with a super dosa skepticism. So yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Well, that's my default mode anymore. And I just come up with new ways of spelling people every jetty. I know, well, guess what You've taught us all that and taught us well, Dave Hatter, and I've heeded your sage, wisdom and advice over the years. God bless you, and I think I can't thank you enough for coming on the program. You know, I don't know how many listeners are tuned in right now, but they're all so much more aware of this devastating reality. I mean, you could lose basically all of your life savings. I mean, that's how much houses cost these days. Anyway, thank you for everything you do, Dave Hatter. It's a pleasure having you on the show. Thanks again to interest It. Interest it dot com is where you find Dave and the crew for your commercial or your rather business computer needs. We'll talk again next Friday. Have a wonderful weekend and happy Valentine's Day to you and your better half. Six fifty six Todd Zinzer in studio, former Inspector General. Boy, We've got a lot to go through in the next hour. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 13: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest year in American history.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the talk Station.
Speaker 1: This week, anything Trump does?
Speaker 3: I think he knows what we is doing every day.
Speaker 5: What do we have to you know?
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 4: Seven oh six fifty five ker Cite Talk Station. A very happy Friday, Slash Valentine's Dad, everybody. Brian Thomas always pleased to look across the studio table here and see Todd Zends their former Inspector General. He knows where the low hanging fruit is as well. Todd Senzer, Welcome back, man, It's great to have you in studio. You're brilliant, and you're very informative and you benefit every one of my listeners when you show up, that means a lot to me. Let's before we guy dive into and you can explain what Rising fifteen is and we'll deal with some local shenanigans and other things. We're just having this off air conversation about the Democrats just screaming their head off about the revelation of all this fraud, wasting abuse and the efforts to stop it.
Speaker 14: You know, Elon billionaire, Elon Musk, billionaire Elon Musk. It's like, wait a second, you're defending the literally indefensible in saying that these cuts shouldn't be made. I mean, they are showing that it's the low hanging fruit, the dumb, the stupid, the ridiculous, the waste.
Speaker 3: And I read this this.
Speaker 4: The editorial board point this so you want proof of government fraud. I had to read it because all of this information, all of the areas of fraud, wasting abuse previously identified under the Biden administration's people two hundred and thirty three to five hundred and twenty one billion annually in fraud from the Government Accountability Office last year, and then it just goes on and on on and on. People in the Biden administration identified this, and so that Elon Musk is now and Donald Trump are now doing something about previously identified areas of fraud, waste, and abuse, and now they're screaming about it as if it isn't real.
Speaker 13: Right. The interesting thing, Brian, is that the GAO, the Government Accountability Office, is actually an arm of Congress. So it's their own auditor. It's Congress's own auditor that's coming up with this. So members of Congress should not be complaining about what they're finding.
Speaker 3: You would think.
Speaker 4: That that Elon Musk is coming in and threatening to molest their children or something. I don't know how to frame it, but I just stand in awe and aghast, in a state of disbelief over the loud, screaming, angry cries of these elected officials, and I think, wait a second, you were elected. You have constituents. These constituents, presumably pert dissipated in work ergo, paid into the federal government via the income tax system and most notably separate line item social Security system, thinking at some point that they were going to reap the benefits of getting a social Security check. Elon Musk comes out and says, look, dead people are getting checks. People that aren't entitled to get Social Security checks are getting your money. CBOs identified for years the Social Security is painfully underwater, so everybody's at risk of not even getting it, and that's if it's a well oiled, non corrupt machine. But in response to him pointing this out, they scream and try about how he's taking your Social Security benefits away. How do they answer to their own constituents with something.
Speaker 13: Like that, Well, unfortunately, I think the constituents that they're worried about are the constituents that support them and make the most noise about Trump or not having enough money to do certain things. That those are the people they're listening to. They're listening to the people that have been feeding off the federal government for all.
Speaker 4: The Okay, in the follow up question, which I know the answer to because I asked it before we started, are there that many people out there getting this money in a form of recipients of no into the non government organizations or feeding at the trough of some ridiculous program paid for by the American taxpayer.
Speaker 13: Yes, there's there. There are those people and there are also people like members of the military industrial complex. God, all of these iron triangles that orbit the federal government. You've got that issue too, But you know that's alive and well. Here in Cincinnati, there are I don't know, forty or fifty different groups that the city funds on an annual basis with you know, fifty thousand here, two hundred thousand there, and it's i mean, there's a name for it, but it's it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You can't stay it on the air though, because that's the non compliant But.
Speaker 13: That's the way the system is right now, Charlie Foxtrot, not only in the United States but here locally as well.
Speaker 4: But if just using springing from your the framing of that, and I'm not disagreeing with your analysis or assessment of that, the City of Cincinnati doles out these dollars, is that coming from the city's general fund, which is fueled by Cincinnatians and the the the the income tax that they pay into the general fund.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's all coming out of there. It's all coming out of the city's general fund.
Speaker 4: So it's a city version of what the federal government is doing exactly. This problem is beyond systemic.
Speaker 13: Yes, it is.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 4: You can feel free to make me better, Todd, I make me feel better about this.
Speaker 13: You're not, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: It's very What do you think.
Speaker 4: The landscape of the economy would look like if the plug just got pulled on all this extraneous and I will use the word crap because that's exactly the way I feel about it.
Speaker 13: Well, not only do you have to stop these programs, but you have to stop you have to stop funding them through taxes. If we didn't have all these programs, we wouldn't be paying all these taxes, and the economy would The economy would have the money instead of the federal government or the state.
Speaker 4: Government fuelling industry and business and goods and services that the economy thrives on because people actually want what they're providing.
Speaker 13: Exactly, it's more of the free market system that's been corrupted.
Speaker 4: You know, it breaks my heart to say this, but you know, looking at this landscape and the just absolute opposition to curbing this fraud, waste, and abuse, and the size of the national deficit and the debt service we're paying on it, you know deep down that it's going to require a collapse of the fiat currency in order to write the ship and to end this from happening, which basically is going to end the fiat currency. And I don't know how we're gonna be able to survive as a nation without the fiat currency.
Speaker 13: I mean, we're quickly racing to the bottom. We're going to crash here if these efforts of Dose and the President aren't successful.
Speaker 4: Well, and you know, my mom will make this comment from time to time. God bless you, Mom. You know I love you to death. Eighty five years old. And she's like, basically of the mindset, and so many people are, well, it looks like that's something bad's gonna happen, but least I won't be around when it does. Is that kind of the mindset of our elected officials? I mean, somebody like Nancy Pelosi, whos about one hundred and sixty five years old anyway, or Mitch McConnell, they're going to die before it hits the fans, so they don't have any feeling like they have any obligation to do anything to write the ship.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Well, these some of these members who are senior, like Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi, they just can't give up power. And that's that's what that's what it's all about. These these elected officials want to retain their their power.
Speaker 3: Is that's like a DSM five diagnosable illness.
Speaker 13: I would agree with you.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're eighty five years old now. Not to use my mom's age, I don't know how old Mitch McConnell is, but you know, let's face, he's old.
Speaker 13: He's close.
Speaker 4: Don't you think with the millions and millions of millions of dollars in value that you are worth literally sitting on cash, sitting on home property, you've got it all made. You only have a few more years in the normal lifespan. Why don't you just drop it and go and enjoy yourself, play golf, or play with your grandkids or great grandkids or something like, why do you need to keep this office? Yeah, it's kind of sad, isn't It's it's pathetically sad, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 13: Well, the voters have something to do with that also.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I know it's easy to say that out loud when we have to, you know, sort of look at the mirror and ourselves and decide, Wait a minute, jeez, that's right. I did vote to keep that guy in office, right right. Paint a pretty dreary picture here this morning, but it's reality. Light has to be shed on it. I thank god that Elon Musk at least has the ability to shed light on it. I'm sorry, billionaire Elon Musk. God remember to put that in there. From now and apparently the rules have been issued so we can sort of semi wage the class warfare while the guy who doesn't even own big house or even stuff and things and is willing to do all of this work and identify fraud, waste abuse for free, doing good things because he wants America to survive. Go ahead, scream about him, evil unelected official doctor Fauci seven fifteen fifty five k Seity Talk Station More with former Inspector General Todd Zin's we're going to dive on into what.
Speaker 3: Is rising fifteen.
Speaker 4: I'm probably funded by your tax payer dollars, but we'll find out together. Next coming up, every federal credit union is going a wonderful thing. They always do wonderful things for their members. I've been banking with Emory for a long long time, and I'd love the folks at Emory there's such sweet and kind people helping out their members and doing things like this. Are you or your child planning on going to college this fall? You need financial help. College is expensive, There's no question about it. Emory Federal Credit Union is now accepting scholarship applications for their members now. Applicants have to be planning to attend a two or four year college this fall as a full time student, and there are some other restrictions apply, but that's the basic guidelines for whether or not you qualify to apply for a scholarship membership two to four year college this fall full time. So get all of the information and also learn more about the benefits of banking and Emory by going to EMORYFCU dot org EMORYFCU dot org. Applications must be postmarked by March thirty first. Animalist number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured by NCUA, Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: The talk station There Are Two Types of Pain in the World.
Speaker 15: Is sponsored by Audible. Tap into your well Being with Audible audiobooks, podcasts, and originals. Expand your life with expert insight and motivation for better health, habits, relationships, finance and more. Start listening free when you sign up for a thirty day trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 4: Sunny turning partly clienty today. Expect freezy conditions in a high thirty six Tonight. It's going to be overcast, low of thirty two if ring kicking in around five o'clock Tomorrow morning and last thing all day tomorrow and into tomorrow night. So floodwatch kicks in at one pm forty seven Tomorrow's high with an overnight go at thirty. They're calling from maybe possibly two to three inches of rain. Floodwatch ends on Sunday afternoon and the rain will move out. We'll have a high a thirty nine then right now fifteen degrees in time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the uc On Tramphanks Center.
Speaker 12: For more than two hundred years, the experts of you see Health I have been giving hard patients and chance and better outcomes. That's boundless care you can trust. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Highways continue to look good this morning. No accidents to deal with early your problems West End two seventy five at Hamiltonay Avenue long gone in Bend seventy four. There's no delay coming down the Hill from North Bend Chuck ing ramon.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc the talk station, So nineteen fifty five KRCD Talk Station by Thomas Always please Tuk Todds in their former Inspector General. He's got his fingers on the pulse of all the crazy stuff that's going on in the world. And let us pivot over to local crazy, moving away from federal level crazy. You kind of alluded to it earlier. We talked about Cincinnati doling out money to NGOs, and you know all the organizations that are supported by that, which are the ones that's screaming yell every time someone tries to fare it out froud waste and abuse. But rising fifteen. Remind my listeners about this because I seem to recall reading an article or talking about a little bit in the morning show maybe when you were here. This is about the fifteen quote unquote underserved neighborhoods within the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: Yes, there are three members of city Council who have identified fifteen neighborhoods that have been underserved. It's not clear whether that's historically or current or both. And they entered a motion back in October of twenty three to set up two special funds for these neighborhoods. And remember that in October of twenty three is when we were campaigning for and against the sale of the railway. Yeah, this is all geared towards letting constituents know that they're going to get a piece of the railway money. So this motion set up a special two special funds for these neighborhoods, what they called a railroad fund and what they called an economic development fund. And the idea back then as it is now, is to take ten percent of the proceeds from the railway sale that the city is given every year by the Railway Trust Board and put it into this railroad fund and let that accumulate. And it also establishes a seven member advisory board that basically controls that money.
Speaker 4: So we have an advisory board that controls the railroad money, and they take the interest generated off the principle, ten percent of which goes into a separate fund which is managed and organized by a complete the separate entity, let me guess who are appointed by the mayor.
Speaker 13: Yeah it's.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, huh so okay, now wait all right, let's follow the money here. Okay, let's just say that happens. I guess, definitionly speaking, do we even know what underserved is.
Speaker 13: No, And that's one of the problems these fifteen neighborhoods. The motion has an exhibit attached that they say is the demographic and socioeconomic data that they use to identify these fifteen neighborhoods. That exhibit wasn't attached to the motion when they filed it with When they filed it with the council last week, I had to go down to the clerk's office to get a copy of the exhibit. It's basically one page, and the socioeconomic and demographic data includes the population of the neighborhood, the racial makeup of the neighborhood, and the median income of the neighborhood. That's it. Nothing about unemployment levels, nothing about education levels, nothing about crime, nothing about blight, just race and income.
Speaker 4: That's Todd founding his hand in emphasis about what he's talking about. I had a listener complain to me because when I moved my boom mic, it's a little squeak to it. He said, it drives me crazy. So I've been trying never to touch my mic. I just want to let him specifically know it was you being making a strong point. I don't have a problem with the Todd trust me. I just want to let listeners know that I was aware of it. But movie back, Okay, fine, you got you've identified these neighborhoods. Let's just say and we say, find that the demographic and identified information. And we haven't talked about the source of who gathered that. I don't know where that came from. Was it identified on the document? So we have no idea who compiled it. How will these funds be used to transform and underserved neighborhood into a served neighborhood.
Speaker 13: Well, that's that's to be seen. This advisory group that the Emotion would set up, I guess, is supposed to come up with a plan for spending this money.
Speaker 4: But is the argument now? Let's let's move over to the foundation for the sale of the railroad, which is to use the interest generated by the principle to work on previously existing projects.
Speaker 3: Right, and a.
Speaker 4: Previously just in project in this particular case is the mere existence of a neighborhood that they have called underserved.
Speaker 13: Well that's hard to say because what the what the motion also does or what they try to do, is is swap money. In fact, yeah, the Vice Mayor actually use that term a money swap where oh, they're not going to use railway money. They're gonna take an equivalent amount of the railway money out of the general General Fund and put it in it in their special railroad.
Speaker 4: Fun demonstrating as I always like to demonstrate the fungibility of money. Oh you're not kidding, what a bait and switch we're all gonna use for existing infrastructure. So it's okay to sell the railroad. It'll free up all these funds. We can get some projects done, okay, and then that will free up money that should have come from the General General Fund and allow it to be used for other brand new stuff and things.
Speaker 13: Right, well, we we said after the sale was approved by the voters, we made several recommendations on how to strengthen oversight, and one of them was to establish a floor, a spending floor that you're going to spend X number of dollars on infrastructure, and then whatever comes in from the railway goes on top of that. That's how we're going to be spending more on infrastructure. Instead, they want to take the existing level of funding, take that away from infrastructure and use it for all these other things, new stuff and things not even infrastructure things.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, you know, and everybody knows which road is floating around the back of my mind Sunset, which has still like this landmine looks like a war zone from Ukraine or Gaza strip.
Speaker 13: I went down there yesterday, Brian. It's even more so.
Speaker 3: I know, listen, that's why it's my favorite illustration.
Speaker 13: It's got a lot of potholes.
Speaker 4: That's the way I take when I go over to like Price sal Chili for listener lunch, or you know, maybe Chandlers over on the west side, and it's like, God bless it. I should come up with an alternative route, cause again it looks like something out of Gaza. Stick around more with former Inspector General Todd Zenzer. I think we have some more things to unpack on this too, so we'll continue. It's seven twenty six right now. I fifty five cares to de Talk station and I think, and I don't want to put words in the mouths of Peter Shabria color Whims and his team the outstanding real estate team, but that that revelation from Dave Haddy this morning about the real estate scamp. I'm thinking these well oiled machine folks at Peter Shabia Colorwims, seven Hills, is that outstanding team of real estate agents probably be going to keep you out of that kind of trouble because they know how the process works and the work hand in hand with you to get your home soul or to act as your buyer's agent and Peter Shabrina's team Kelorwilliam, seven Hills. No, it's really a competitive market out there. They want to ensure that you can land your dream home.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Here's one of the programs that they offer that nobody else is offering. A buyer with the Sabri Group, if you're qualified client, you leverage the cash to Keys program that'll allow you to write a cash offer on that house you fall in love with, the one that's got to beat a bunch of people wind around the corner to make a bid. If you have cash in hand. Sellers love it. It can allow you to get better terms and conditions and jump ahead of the pack that always has to stand around a way to get the financing approved. It's the kind of five star experience and service you can expect from the Sabri Group. To learn more details about this, get in touch with them whether you need a buyer or seller's agent. You'll be glad you got in touch with them online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot Com, phone call five one three seven zero eight three thousand, or if you can't remember that, just remember Shabri Groups Chabris Sabri Group and type it into your search engine hit.
Speaker 6: Enter fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: A minute of Hope has brought to you by the Center.
Speaker 4: Seventh thirty right after about heresy, the talk station time for a Channe nine first morning weather forecast day sunny, then Hartley Clody at some point as the rain comes into the neighborhood Greasy as well, High thirty six. The rain overnight starts around five o'clock in the morning. It will be overcast overnight down to thirty two, all day rain tomorrow with a flood effect or flood watch going into effect at one high forty seven down to thirty overnight.
Speaker 3: They say accumulator rain. They get two to three.
Speaker 4: Inches rain to move out on Sunday and the floodwatch ends in the afternoon. Sunday's high thirty nine. It's fifteen now, in time for traffic.
Speaker 12: From the UCLP Traffic Center. For more than two hundred years, the experts of u see Health have been giving heart patients a chance at better outcomes. That's boundless care. You can trust, expect more at you see health. Dot Com crews are working with a wreck with injuries. That's on Dixie A Malhauser in Fairfield. Also an accident no injuries on King at High Street in Hamilton, southbound seventy five delays through lock from northbound seventy five and northbound seventy one.
Speaker 1: Good on the bridges. Chuck Kingram on fifty five krs, the talk.
Speaker 4: Station fifty five KRCIT the talk station Brian Thomas with former Inspector General Todd Zenzer in studio. We're trying to unpack this rising fifteen and uh Shenanigan's declaration, at least from my perspective, certainly just Trekker's perspective. All right, Todd, real quick care. Let's sum it up. They take ten percent of the of the interest earned off the railroad investment they put into a separate account. They have a new independent seven member board that is going to allocate that money, and really big question mark how long it's going to be in that fund. I guess it's an annual expenditure of ten percent. Every year, ten percent of the railroad money goes into this fund.
Speaker 13: That's my understanding.
Speaker 4: Okay, And whoever these members are, we don't know. They're not elected officials, are they.
Speaker 13: No, they're not.
Speaker 4: Huh, Well, let's just scream that out loud over and over again. So seven unelected officials are going to have complete control and say over how this money gets allocated or spent on any given project in these fifteen quote unquote underserved communities.
Speaker 13: Well, technically they're going to make a recommendation to council, but if the council sets up this advisory board to tell them, you know how exactly?
Speaker 4: Now, you were in council on a Wednesday speaking on an opposition against this. Yes, I was what arguments did you make to them? And how were your arguments received?
Speaker 13: Well, the thing about claiming you're two minutes to the city council is they don't respond to you.
Speaker 3: They really sit there and play on their phones.
Speaker 13: Yes, so I made I made four points and then I asked that they withdraw the motion. The first one I said is that this thing is drenched in politics. It came about during the campaign regarding the railway sale. It was I said, it was political. Then it was drenched in politics.
Speaker 3: Now WCPO referred to it as reparations. Yes they did. I mean that was in their reporting on it.
Speaker 13: That was back in October twenty three. Yes, it was, and if you read the motion, you'll get an understanding of why they said that.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, did your I mean, I know you see your comments are ignored like most people, but generally speaking, I mean, is there concern among council members about going forward and moving forward with this, about the repercussions that they might get.
Speaker 13: Well, I did send an email to the mayor and the council members and the city manager with these points, and I got one response from a council member, Jeffries, and he pretty much agrees with us with my concerns. So that was one member that I got some feedback from. But I haven't heard anything from any of the other members.
Speaker 4: What of the railroad board don't they have say over this?
Speaker 13: Well, that is a great that is a great question, Brian, and I actually the Railway Board met this past week. Also. They met on two Tuesday afternoon, and I went there to make a couple of points about a different issue, and I thought the meeting was encouraging. I didn't. They are putting up a new website where they are going to require information from the city about what projects are underway, how much money is being used, and what the status of those projects are. That's news to me because during the campaign I got the impression that they really weren't going to be too involved in how the money was spent. So from my perspective anyway, that was a positive development.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's the kind of transparency we deserve. Absolutely, if you want to know where the money's being spent, they will let you know. It's right there on the site. I think that's an absolutely fabulous idea, and I'm actually shocked.
Speaker 3: That it's happening.
Speaker 4: I was very encouraged by they have a fiduciary obligation to monitor those dollars.
Speaker 13: Well, that's my argument. I mean, I used the story about when I was at the Transportation Inspector General's office, we had the Federal Transit Administration under our purview, and my boss used to call them a religious organization because they would throw billions of dollars out the door and just pray that it was properly used. That's not the way to go. If you're giving money out, you did to make sure that it is used for the purpose that you that you dispersed it.
Speaker 4: So, going back to our conversation at the outset of the program, literally everyment government.
Speaker 3: Entity is doing this kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yes, throwing money out the door and never paying attention to see what it's done out in the world, how much people are making off of the allocation, who's benefiting from it, or more fundamentally, if that allocation if deemed appropriate's why the money went out the door. Actually does anything right?
Speaker 13: Well, some agencies that give out money grant make grants and things like that. Some do a better job at overseeing what happens than others, but they got a long way to go.
Speaker 4: Well, Brent Todsen's er back, He's in studio for the full hour. This is just very informative and I can't thank you enough, you know, for showing up at these meetings on behalf of the taxpayers, for providing your useful insight and giving them I think a more informed opinion about the legality of this, how it's gonna work, and bringing to their attention that this could be a source of uh maybe fraud, waste and abuse. Seven thirty six fifty five cares to detalk station.
Speaker 3: UH.
Speaker 4: If you're dreaming of a smile that is brilliant, that is beautiful, that is natural, and you are not happy with your smile, you need doctors Fred Pack and doctor Meghan Frue. Now, first off, for general dentistry, you can't find a better practice. Been going there for years and years. Doctor Fred Pack has always insisted on being the most state of the art clinic, all for the benefit of his patients. He's passionate about dentistry generally speaking, and doctor Meghan Frew equally passionate about her patients. She's got the best chair side manner of any dentist out there. So if you one of those folks that don't like going to the dentist, you are gonna love doctor Meghan Frue. Not to discount Fred Pack, She's a lot easier on the eyes. Doctor Peck, you know, I love you, man. But as far as Peck is concerned. A fellow with the American Academy of cosmetic dentistry, and there are only three in the entire state of OHI. That is because he is an absolute genius, able to transform your life by transforming your smile. So if you're not happy with your smile, it's time for exceptional dentistry. From doctors to Peck and Frew five one three six, one seventy six sixty six Transformative smile makers, I assure you of that smile makeovers five one three six one seventy six sixty six. Find them online Pecpckpecksmiles dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC man, this is Jeff for trying.
Speaker 3: Here's your weather forecast of Channel nine.
Speaker 4: Sunny sky is turning partly Claudia at some juncture Today breezy and a high of thirty six, overcast guys tonight low of thirty two. The rain starts at five am. Roughly it's a weather forecast, don't set your watch to it anyway, Rain all day to Mars. Expected flood watching effect at one pm. High forty seven, overnight low of thirty Rain will continue again two to three inches of impossible, and then the rain moves out on Sunday, high thirty nine. It's fifteen a time for traffic from the.
Speaker 12: UCL Traffic Center. For more than two hundred years, the experts at u see Health have been giving heart patients a chance have better outcomes. That's boundless care. You can trust expect more at u see health dot Com. Crews are working with a wreck with injuries. That's on Dixie at Malhauser in Fairfield. Also an accident, no injuries. I'm king at High Street in Hamilton, southbound seventy five. No delays through lock from northbound seventy five and northbound four seventy one. Good on the bridges. Chub Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 4: Seven one here fifty five KRC, the talk station, Happy Friday, Happy Valentine's Day, and an enlightening morning show. Since Todd Zinsers and Studio Form Inspector General telling us all about this rising fifteen and it is a motion, it has not been passed yet. Correct. That's correct, all right. So I'm not going to restate what the parameters are for this. Bottom line is railroad money going into a separate fund to be allocated among fifteen communities. Now, I know you've done a couple of podcasts on this on YouTube. You have a YouTube channel which is called citizens watch Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer. Yes, and you've done two full programs on this alone.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 4: Now, obviously you filled up a lot of time on your program on YouTube again, Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer. You mentioned to me off air something that has passed, which is the city in City on Track Plan, the City on Track Plan. Now doesn't that already deal with the allocation of railroad fund money.
Speaker 13: Yes, that was the whole point of the plan.
Speaker 4: So this would interfere with a previously passed proposal for spending the money.
Speaker 13: Yes, I think it really confuses things. Remember that the campaign to sell the railway started with this idea that there's four hundred million dollars of deferred maintenance that the city is grappling with, and the plan was to sell the railway and start attacking that deferred maintenance. So they came up with a City on Track plan, and it broke it down into different areas parks and recreation, roads and bridges, you know, et cetera. And then it distributed those funds across those subjects and across the neighborhoods where deferred maintenance has been identified. I don't know why they just don't look at that plan and see what projects exist within those fifteen neighborhoods and make those a priority.
Speaker 4: I think I suspect the reason why. It's because fixing a road in a neighborhood, or fixing an existing piece of infrastructure that they own and therefore have an obligation to maintain, does not change anything on that slip that was not posted with this recent motion, you identifying neighborhoods with income disparities. That's right, because a fixed road does not change the income disparity.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 13: What I liked working for the Transportation Department is that roads and bridges and infrastructure should not be political. It's all they own. It's all about public safety and economic development and things like that. That's why you need infrastructure well.
Speaker 4: And I also retract part of my conclusion on that because maybe I'm pin with a bit of a broad brush because these broken windows that you know, if you have a neighborhood with a bunch of broken windows, people think it's, oh, my god, is a terrible neighborhood. They don't want to invest in it, they don't want to move into it. Fix the windows, fix the streets, fix the roads, and it may inject much needed capital, jobs and possibilities for people that are there.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Well, the people in a neighborhood support the whole broken windows thing, at least in many of the neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and why wouldn't you?
Speaker 13: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: I mean, if it reduces crime and statistically it's proven to do that, then yes, embrace it. It's like I want police in my neighborhood because it is well I determined to bad guys hanging out in the corner.
Speaker 3: And selling drugs. Yes.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Wow, I'll remind my listeners Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zenzer. Just pop it into your search engine and YouTube or pop it out of the YouTube search engine. You'll find it and subscribe to his channel and regularly watch it because he's Todd has got brilliance and beyond just this one topic, which we will continue to dive on into identifying some of the other areas that we need to watch out or in the next segment, segment one More with Todd Zenzer. Seven fifty five cares to the Detalk station. I get to mention Zimmer Zimmer heating and air conditioning, love supporting Zimmer wonderful folks. It's third generation family ownership and operator. Chris Zimmer's got the helm now and he and his outstanding team will take great care of you with excellent customer service. For all your HVAC needs. Need a new heater, carrier systems a great way to go authorized carrier dealers. They can service any any model and make you've got. And it's so much more than just carrier. They sert Like I said, they service every every model and make. But you know they have geothermal and they've got it's the space pack kind of systems. And so for all your HVAC needs. Oh and then the maintenance programs too, and I recommend you consider one of those that come out to your place on a schedule and make sure everything's running and that it keeps the things that fit your your system efficient of course, can actually extend the life because nobody wants to put a new system and if they don't have to. So give Chris Zimmer a call to make an apployment at five one three five eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. Or it's really easy to schedule apployment even after hours at go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC since nine to eleven.
Speaker 13: The tunnel to Tower.
Speaker 4: Chavon I tells us today is gonna start out sunny and then it'll turn partly plotting with the rain coming into the neighborhood. Breezy conditions at I have thirty six overnight will be okay until about five and morning when the rain shows up. But it's going to be a low of thirty two overnight again, rain all day tomorrow or flooding effect at one pm. Blood watch for the general area forty seven for the high raid will continue over Saturday night again to three inches, possible low of thirty ray Unfortunately, move out on Sunday with a high thirty nine. It's fifteen in time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the uc On Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: For more than two hundred years, the experts at u See Health have been giving heart patients and chance at better outcomes. That's boundless care you can trust. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Moting up on the highways now sethbound seventy five.
Speaker 1: Break light.
Speaker 12: It's coming out of Lachland inbound seventy four. A bit heavy at North Bend and northbound seventy five slows at Buttermilk, cleaning up a wreck on Dixie and Mahauser in Fairfield.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 4: Seven nine fifty five KRCD talk station. Very happy Friday to you. And at this time we're going to turn our attention briefly away from Todd Zenzer and talk to Officer Lisa Bit with the Sinsint Police Department Crime Stoppers. Lisa, Happy Friday and happy Valentine's Day. And who are we looking for?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 16: We are looking for Curtis Allen. He's wanted for domestic violence. Curtis Allen. I know, I know you hate that. He's a black veil. He's fifty three years old, he's five foot seven, one hundred and eighty pounds, has a history aggravated burglary and other domestic violences, and he frequents Saint Martin's Place in Cheviot.
Speaker 4: Man, just walk away, don't feed up on your spouse.
Speaker 13: Ah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, if we have information on where we can find Curtis Allen, and please please drop a dime if you do. Who are you gonna call? Lisa, Baker.
Speaker 16: Give Crime Stoppers a call at five one three three five two thirty forty, or you can submit a tip anonymously at Crime dash Stoppers dot u S.
Speaker 4: You'll be doing society a favor getting this guy locked up. You will be eligible for a cash reward. You will remain anonymous. Underscoring that list. I have a wonderful weekend. Thank you very much for all that you and the police department do. I hate domestic violence, folks, Todd, you know child molester's number one. Then guys who beat up on their wives?
Speaker 13: Yes, absolutely, God.
Speaker 4: And you know I'm talking to you. You're out there listening. You beat up your wife? Why do you do that?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Citizen Watchdog with Todd Zinzer on YouTube, Todd and Pivotinggel back to what else anything else we need to know by way of exclamation points on all the reasons why this rising fifteen sounds so unbelievably right for corruption. If I can just boil it down to that conclusion.
Speaker 13: Yeah, the this motion was put forward on the on February five at the February fifth meeting, and during that meeting, the Vice Mayor said the quiet part out loud. She told the council. We promised this during the campaign. Well, she may have promised it to certain constituencies, but that wasn't the promise that all the voters received. All the promise that we received is that this money would be spent on existing infrastructure to attack the four hundred million dollars worth of deferred maintenance.
Speaker 3: You don't know to whom this promise was made.
Speaker 4: It was not a campaign out on the road, campaign, out loud pledge that maybe Sharon Coolidge from the enquire could have reported on or something like that. Well, yes, does this sounds suspiciously like pg Sittenfeld. Well, if you elect me, or you give funds to me for my campaign, then I will give you this this this Rising fifteen program.
Speaker 13: Yeah. Well, I would think that she made the promise to the movers and shakers in those fifteen neighborhoods. But I think there I think it's probably narrowed down to even fewer neighborhoods in the fifteen that they were making promises to. But we don't really know exactly who, huh. But I think there were individuals that were made promises.
Speaker 4: Like you'll be on the board if we get this through, if you get me elected, we established this Rising fifteen program. We're gonna let you control the money.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, along those promises, along those lines, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Maybe someone in law enforcement could look into that, because again I'm just thinking of PG sitting Feld, who recently was in the news since you lost this appeal.
Speaker 13: You know, on PG, the thing that I've always wondered is why were they doing business in a hotel room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a red flag.
Speaker 13: That's absolutely a red flag.
Speaker 4: So most people, if your quote unquote doctor is scheduling surgery at a motel six, then you've got a real problem on your hands for that plastic surgery that you want. Yeah, Todd, I'm not sure how to unpackage this any further than we have unless there's other details that you want to just put exclamation points on the subject matter.
Speaker 13: Well, again, I think people need to understand what the statuses of these funds. The trust fund has actually grown by almost one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, the market's been doing really well. Yes, if it hadn't grown by that much, then you have to worry about it being mismanaged.
Speaker 13: Right, So, yeah, it's not that great of a return. It's like five point five or something. Percent.
Speaker 4: So it's consistent with like S and P. Five hundred kind of growth.
Speaker 13: Yes, And in September of twenty four this is the way the law is written. For some reason, the trust Fund board decided to spend or send fifty six million dollars to the city. But they get that on July the first, and they get it in four tranches July every quarter. So my argument to the board was that I hope they gauged the city's ability to spend that money, so that if you give them twenty five percent of that on July one, you need to find out on October one whether they've even used it, whether they've spent it, because if they're not spending it, the trust fund should keep it and let it earn more money.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 13: So, like I said at the meeting at the Railway Trust Board, I was encouraged. I think I don't think we're that far apart in terms of considering that.
Speaker 4: Well, if someone can ray if there is some legal objection to this, you know, it's not consistent with the nature of the fund, the purpose of the fund. It would be a violation of our produciary duties to let ten percent of this money come out and go really anywhere other than existing infrastructure. They the board would be the ones to raise that type of challenge if it could be raised.
Speaker 13: Well, I wish they would, but it's really not clear how directly involved they're going to get like that. I think they're just want to turn on and off to spict of money and then disclose to the public of what's happening with that money. I think they're going to leave it up to other parties to really well.
Speaker 4: I would think that they have a larger role than that in this entire Todd, I would love I would love that.
Speaker 13: I recommended that they appoint a compliance officer that looks at the board's compliance as well as the city's compliance with the law. I recommended that back in November of twenty three. I don't think they're going to go that far, but that's what I would do.
Speaker 4: I nominate former Inspector General Todd Senser for that position. Anybody out there want to second that motion. Todd, thank you so much for coming in studio. Had no idea about this or the details of it, and you're the one that's got the era, like I said, hand on the pulse of what's going on in the city of Cincinnati, and I can't thank you enough. And I know the listeners appreciate what you're doing, and certainly I would like to think the residents of the city of Cincinnati do as well. We'll have you on back again real soon. Todd seven fifty five come up with some fifty six George Brunneman from Restore Liberty dot Us. We're going to talk with him about health restore Wellness. That's his initiative he's got going on now, perfect timing for that. They'd have an event he wants to tell you about coming up on the twenty six as well. So stick around with me right back after the news.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 5: Every day America's deadline is over fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 15: This report is sponsored by All State. Some people just know you could save money on and.
Speaker 1: Reactions roll in.
Speaker 9: People are going to lose their freaking mind.
Speaker 7: The big story of the week fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: Eight oh five on a Friday, and a Happy one tea as well as Happy Valentine's Day. Brian Thomas want to point out at the bottom of the hour, it's going to be a great conversation with the author Mary and Ben's the name of the book, You Were Still Dancing. It's about her subtitled Unforgettable Journey through Alzheimer's. Both her grandmother and her mother struggle with it. But it is emotional, sometimes sad, but also extremely uplifting book explaining how she dealt with and dealt with the challenges associated with Alzheimer's, which I know my mom more than anybody, is painfully aware of that, as our everyone of my family. Without further ado, that'll be the bottom of the hour eight thirty the meantime, George Brennman from Restoreliberty dot Us check it out.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, my friend. It's always good to talk with you.
Speaker 2: How you been, Hey, great, Brian, thanks for having me, and thanks for reminding me it's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: You give all to pay if you forgot it. It's the anniversary of my engagement thirty three years ago, so oh wow, extra special dish my wife and me. But no, she won't be getting flowers. My wife is a very frugal woman and she doesn't have expectations like that for me, which is good because it frees me of the obligation to have to remember to go out and do it. She's listening right now, so I'm not saying out loud anythings she doesn't know already. Anyway, you want to start with the Restora Liberty dot Us event at the farm because I have your website up right now and I know you have a meeting coming up.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is actually a really great opportunity for everybody. So we're teaming up again with Americans for Prosperity. Oh great, they're big push right now. Now is something called protect Prosperity. So the idea is the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that was in effect from twenty eighteen that Trump passed. And you keep hearing that it's tax cuts for the rich. But I'll know some insight on that in a sec But they want to make that permanent, and I think that's a fantastic idea. So the meeting is going to be focused on getting people to sign petitions and to take action, to call Congress and basically say, hey, let's make this tax cuts permanent, not you know, another four years so that we have to go through this nonsense again. Let's make them permanent. And in return, AF He's going to buy your dinner. Oh wow, you get some free farm food at it, so oh Man, February twenty six Yeah, it's a great deal.
Speaker 4: It is the Farm, a West Side institution. If you've ever been there, I understand they have some outstanding chicken. I've been to quite a few wedding receptions there the old west Side keg and pretzels and chips, wedding wet receptions. Anyway, fond memories of the farm. So the Farm on the twenty sixth, doors open at five point thirty free food. Thank you to Americans for prosperity. I talked to Donovan and Eil earlier in the week about the Rains Act, which we're trying to push through here in Ohio because every state needs a Rains Act as well as we need one on the federal government level. You're familiar with that effort in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Tell me again what it is. I know, I am, but I can't remember the.
Speaker 4: Acronym any I can't remember what it stands for. But any regulation created by a regular Tory body pursuing to some law that's passed that has a financial impact of more than a million dollars needs to be specifically approved by the legislative branch. It's a way of honing in the runaway administrative state.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I remember that. Yeah, definitely. So Donovan's going to be there. He's going to be our host for the or just for the podcast. I was just talking to Joe before game on that we're probably going to record it in advance and play it live at the at the meeting while people were eating, so we don't have to deal with the noise behind, but they still get to see the podcast. So we'll be talking to Donovan about that. You know, at the federal level, they're concentrating on this Tax Cuts Act, making it permanent. At the state level, they're working on the you know, effort to get rid of the income tax, and of course my push is always, before you get rid of that, let's get rid of the property tax, because at least income tax is a percentage of what you've got coming in, whereas a property tax is a percentage is something you've never seen. It's unrealized gains, it is. And now that I am on a fixed income, it's like, holy cow, every time they raise property taxes, I'm less likely to be able to afford my house.
Speaker 4: You know, crazy, I think of my conversation with Breitbart's Joe Pollock from earlier in the week. He actually lives in Pacific Palisades where the wildfires raised in California, and he made an interesting point because he says, I'm sick of hearing that it's just a bunch of these wealthy millionaires that live there. He said, there have been people that living there for decades. When they got their house, they probably paid like forty or fifty grand for it, and then it's now worth three and a half million dollars simply by virtue of the real estate that is sitting on. They can't afford to rebuild that, they can't afford to, you know, buy what they were previously living in. A lot of people on fixed incomes, a lot of seniors there, a lot of people's lives just been completely devastated. But that's the same effect these property tax increases have. You know, you buy your house twenty thirty years ago, you paid one hundred grand for it, and then the assessor comes in and said, oh, by the way, since COVID and the real estate shortage is now worth like six hundred thousand dollars, we're going to calculate your real estate tax based on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think we need to keep the focus on property taxes. You know, over here in Coren Township, they're getting ready to raise them again. They've failed to police levies. It's just nonsense. And you know, to Todd's inzers Point, and I don't know how Todd says stay so soft spoken, uscribed the coolest.
Speaker 3: Q cover around.
Speaker 2: There's all these added things that they want to buy and do. We just got slock cameras here in Coal Raine. I hate those things. It's like snooping on everywhere you go with your car. But you know, they they just keep planning more things to spend, and they're totally forgetting the stuff they're supposed to do, police, fire roads.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I don't know why we got anything else what.
Speaker 1: I think we need to keep up that.
Speaker 4: Focus, I would say, so. I mean, you know, when Todd Zinser says we got four hundred and fifty million dollars worth of outstanding obligations for infrastructure already on the books, I mean, and I look back and I think, huh, let's see here, when's the last time Republicans ran the city of Cincinnati. No, not that it's a party stripe, because Republicans are terrible in overspending and spending as well. But Democrats have been in charge of the city for so long. And my favorite illustration here comes again Sunset. You drive on Sunset, you need an alignment carry down to Story. It's like a road from Gaza. It's been falling forever.
Speaker 3: Used to be like that too, for decades.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they don't take care of what they got, and then they want to bring us all in all kinds of brand new, shiny stuff and things which literally tends to only benefit one particular neighborhood. I'm thinking of the streetcar along those lines, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Oh golly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the Western Hills Viaduct is.
Speaker 4: Literally falling down, quite literally, but they at least haven't they already addressed that in terms of allocating funding or Am I being overly optimistic about the status of that one.
Speaker 2: I think you're being optimistic. You're reacting to the headlines and not the content. I haven't seen anything. I mean, as far as I know, the concrete still falls down from the top to the bottom.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the way it does work.
Speaker 2: It's nonsense. So Wednesday's meeting at the end of the months focused on taxes. The March twenty six meetings can be all about restore wellness, and boy, do we have stuff to celebrate today. I cannot believe RFK made it through. I know that is such a huge, huge thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, I got a lot of Republican friends like you're letting them, you know, the wolf into the henhouse kind of thing. He's nefarious. And I was like, yeah, I'm aware of his record. I know what he has supported in the past. I know how he feels about, for example, like climate change and stuff. But he's on record is demonstrably interested in and worried and concerned about the nation's health. I mean, oh, that is a consistent position he's had. And his role, his role is limited to that kind of thing. You know what I'm saying. He doesn't have any control over you know, EPA doesn't have any control over the Green New Deal or anything. So bringing some focus and clarity to what's going into our bodies, giving us the information so we can make informed decisions or choose to turn our backs on the on the information.
Speaker 3: As long as we've got it. That's his point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, there are certain events that are significant for symbolic reasons, like I think having RFK Junior, someone with the Kennedy name, at the front of the AHHS is a great symbolic significance. But there's also the idea that this is going to be an agent of change, so a truly transformative significance. His effort is going to turn the food pyramid upside down. It's going to turn this whole industry now that's focused on mRNA. I can't call them vaccines. They're not vaccines. They're basically rewriting your operating system. Excuse me, for your body. These things are horrible. I could see how they could treat maybe some kind of genetic disease or some kind of you know, where your body's not manufacturing a certain chemical. mRNA is great for that, going after something like a virus that mutates constantly. It's just not made for that. And I don't think anybody was told that at the beginning, certainly, nor the risks, nor the fact that it's going to be a permanent part of your DNA after they injected in your arm. I think he's going to bring a lot of light down on that and his focus on just giving you the information is great. Yeah, the problem we've had is the information has always been out there, but it was hidden until Twitter became a free platform.
Speaker 3: X yep.
Speaker 2: You know you couldn't find this information, but now you can. You know, all of the studies that talk about the effect on the hearts, effect on you know, sudden death and the turbo cancers and all these things that are coming out post COVID, you can now get that information. You can also get the historical stuff. I'm kind of looking at the Restore Wellness Twitter feed right now.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll tell you what on that recording on George on that note, let's pause because we're to break, and then because I wanted to elaborate on your Restore Wellness initiative and bring people's attention to that. So we'll dive into the details on that and a little more about the the RFK thing. Right right after these brief forged were.
Speaker 6: Right back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: John Roner.
Speaker 3: What the forecast says.
Speaker 4: We're going to start out sunny, turn partly cloudy and cloudy, sky's rolling fully tonight, breezy conditions in a high on thirty six a day. Rain will be around by five o'clock tomorrow morning, they say over night go to thirty two. All day rain tomorrow with a flood watching effect beginning at one pm. Tomorrow's High forty seven down to thirty overnight. They say rain will continue, two to three inches of rain possible, and I hope that's just not I hope that's collectively no clarity on that point. High thirty nine On Sunday, the rain moves out and the floodwatch ends in the afternoon time for traffic update.
Speaker 1: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 12: For more than two hundred years, the experts you see healthy've been giving heard patients and chance and better outcomes. That's boundless care. You can trust, expect more, and you see health dot com step bound seventy five. That's those for a couple of extra minutes through Lachland. Otherwise, highway trafficking pretty good shape. There's a reckon Harrison that's on Gilby ed Simonson truck into a utility pole, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station.
Speaker 4: A twenty fifty five KRC detalk station. I didn't mention all morning. I guess I should have because quite a I get texts on my phone quite a few times during the morning show from listeners chiming in. I also get email. Well, I left my phone at home again, so I didn't get any text and I can't get into my email because I have two factor authentication. So basically I'm screwed. So apologies, I'm not being rude. I just don't know until I get home if somebody's reached out to me. Without further deo, let's continue our conversation on health with George Renaman at George Brunnman. You launched a restore Wellness initiative, and we talked about this last time you were on the program, and so on the heels of your comments about RFK Junior being confirmed by the Senate as a Health and Human Services Secretary, which you and I both view is a good thing. How's the wellness effort going? And remind my listeners what the restore wellness effort is all about.
Speaker 2: So the Restore Wellness dot org is a website that's meant to give you information to help you take care of yourself the whole focus. Similarly, you know, our restore wellness was always a restored liberty was always focused on personal responsibility. You know, you've got to take personal responsibility, don't count on the government. Right here, we're taking a really similar thing where your health should be your personal responsibility. So we're trying to provide resources, meetings, we're working on podcasts. We're supposed to get the first one soon to tell you here's the information. So the best spot we've got right now on the page is if you go to the homepage. We've got our Twitter feed at the top. We've got some suggestions, and then we have the resources that you can take a look at the books that are coming out. There's a whole block of them now that are just super informative on giving you real clues on why it is that you feel like your overweight, Why is it that you have eyed blood pressure, why is it that you're pre diabetic or got type two diabetes? And wow, of course all of these seem to come to very similar conclusions. You got to get back to what your body was designed for. We weren't designed to eat carbs. You know, cave men didn't have carbs laying around.
Speaker 3: They also didn't have processed sugar and corn syrup of summer.
Speaker 2: But that was about it, George, and so your body's just not made for it.
Speaker 4: They also didn't have process sugar and corn syrup right right.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you saw my face.
Speaker 2: Corn syrup alone. And I just hope that ourf cake and just get rid of that entirely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, would you talk to some of the Republicans and farm states and the farm bill, George, because they're the ones that push corn down our necks because the farmers benefit from it. Not that I'm against the American farmer, but Lord almighty, they manipulate the system to give all kinds of subsidies to manifest or to grow corn, which we then have to burn in our gas tanks and convert into corn syrup, and it goes into literally every food that we've got.
Speaker 11: It.
Speaker 3: Really that really angers me, really, and most of its.
Speaker 2: Republic political crosses over with the health because the whole reason we have high fruitose corn syrup is because the United States government gets a ton of subsidies for corns. Otherwise sugar would be cheaper. Ah, there's all these insidious interconnections. So the whole food pyramid. Do you know who responsible for that?
Speaker 4: I don't know doctor Fauci, no, Senator McGovern, George mc.
Speaker 2: Yes, he got fed up with all of the conflicting information and he basically said, hey, you know, the Quaker oats and the grains industry really will benefit from this if we say that carbs are the source of your mainstay in the diet. Had nothing to do with health data. It had to do with who was giving him the most money, polarly with just about everything else. You see, why are we taking all these cholesterol drugs? Well, nobody gets to talk about the side effects us, but you know it's a number you can track. Well, it turns out, you know, going after cholesterols like going after fire trucks for causing fires. You know, the cholesterols there after the injury, not before, just like firemen don't show up until after there's a fire.
Speaker 3: Well, and since your brain.
Speaker 2: An entire industry concentrating on getting rid of.
Speaker 4: It, and since your brain has comprised the fats, something tells me, and I know there's been wide speculation, maybe even research studies on it, the statins having an impact on your brain, ergo, maybe having a connection with Alzheimer's, leading to my next conversation with my guests on her book You Were Still Dancing, which relates to Alzheimer's Hey, real quick, I can't let you go. You're talking about the vaccines, I guess, and I presume you saw the article about Children's hospital not allowing a transplant patient to move forward with her transplant because she didn't get the COVID vaccine. Isn't it rather strange since heart conditions are one of the problems that they've cropped up as a relationship to COVID nineteen we're talking about a heart transplant pation.
Speaker 2: I And on top of that, you know, one of the main side effects of all those vaccines and boosters is reduced immune system. And when you're getting a transplant, Holy cow, I mean, do you want to have that on top of having a transplant. It's just the fariest beyond words. I like the idea that they need to step back and say, listen, you know, this isn't working. COVID doesn't affect young people in the first place. And I think that's what we can look for is we've got at the national level started addressing these big questions, but Restore Wellness is here for the local level to say, hey, there are things we can do. We're trying to get some events put together where we bring in you know, local practitioners, you know, like chiropractors, nutritionists, you know, massage therapists, all of these things that you have a hard time getting your insurance to cover, but actually help you more than the little pill that they want to give you at the doctor's office. I just think this is a huge, huge opportunity to get better.
Speaker 1: And I've heard you're having.
Speaker 2: Some success with keto.
Speaker 11: Yeah, fantastic news.
Speaker 4: Well, I just I put a post on Facebook the other day just to let folks know that I was recommending to them because I've had such great success feeling better because I cut sugar out of my diet. And in putting this post up, I just randomly because I know Mountain Dews got all kinds of sugar, and I foind it's got like forty seven grams of sugar, and one can a Mountain dew forty five grams, right, and that's an insane amount. That's like eleven tea spoons. And if you're crazy enough to drink a sixty four ouncer, that's more than a full cup of sugar.
Speaker 3: And people drink a mountain dews all day long. I'm like, it's killing you.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: You're gonna feel so much better if you get it out of your diet. So and forty five grams of sugar is more than I have in an entire week anymore. And I just feel so much better for it. And I'm praying it has an impact on my cancer because cancer loves sugar. Do your own research on that, or maybe find it over on respect wellness dot com someday. George Brenneman, keep up the great work. Thanks for looking out for everybody. Remember to get to the farm. February twenty sixth five point thirty free meal thanks to Americans for prosperity. George will have you on again real soon. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day and weekend.
Speaker 2: YouTube Brian, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thanks brother.
Speaker 4: It's a twenty seven coming up on Marian Ben's with her book You Were Still Dancing. She's a former Westsider will we will forgive her for moving to Georgia, but she's got a great book to talk about experiences which she had with her grandmother and mother. You Were Still Dancing The Unforgettable Journey through Alzheimer's. That's up next.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station, Jury Taxi.
Speaker 4: And welcome to fifty five KRCY Morning Show. Marion Ben's, who is a we'll still call her a local author. We won't hold it again. There's the Cincinnati native. But she did move to Atlanta in the nineties with her husband and family. But she is a local author and she wrote a book. It's called You Were Still Dancing, The Unforgettable Journey through Alzheimer's. Marion Ben's welcome in the morning Show. It's great to have you on my program.
Speaker 10: Thanks Brian, and I appreciate the introduction.
Speaker 4: Well, you're more than welcome. I just give my little readers a foundation so they know it's a local author. I like to support local authors. I think it's really kind of neat that we've gotten them in the audience because there's some really talented folks out there. But your book about Alzheimer's and Sadly you were, how old were you when your grandmother experiences the challenge presented by Alzheimer's.
Speaker 10: I was probably sixteen, mid teens. I would say I was still living at home and my grandmother when my grandmother was diagnosed, she came to live with my family. At that time, there were six kids in the time, there were just two of us left, myself and my brother Kevin, so Maul moved in. They looked at nursing homes and small, small family homes my mom and her sister, but they just could and come to an agreement on where to leave her, and my mom just she wanted her with us, so my grandmother moved in.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Having lived through this with my father struggling with Alzheimer's dimension I ultimately ended his life. The challenge is presented by having to care for a loved one, and not just the emotional component, which is obviously overwhelming, but my mom was just run down to the point of exhaustion because you know, it's a literal twenty four hour day, seven day a week proposition dealing with the challenges these folks struggle with.
Speaker 10: Right, you know, And that was my mom was also working part time, you know, I remember I was in my summers, I was a camp counselor. And during one of these years that my grandma was with us, I came back in the fall and my mom had aged overnight, and it was so dramatic for me and traumatic to see that just to in a short ten weeks when I was gone, how much she had changed. And you don't realize it. I wasn't the primary caregiver, you know, I was witnessing what was going on, but you don't take the full blunt of caregiving. As a teenager, even I would help mom, or we would shit my brother and I would sit with mal so Mom and Dad could go out. But it is absolutely a life changing aging process for the caregiver. And you know that's why I, you know, encourage people who talk to me who are going through it to basically to take your oxygen first, to take care of yourself, to make sure that you're eating right. You know, of all the research I did for this book, it's the Mediterranean diet is the one diet that just kept popping up, kind of went to the top of diets for people, not just to prevent Alzheimer's, but just to lead a healthier lifestyle. And that's one of the things that you know I would recommend, but sleep, exercise, and in some form of just clearing your mind. I meditated, you know. And another really important thing is just taking people up on it on the offer to sit with your loved one, or finding someone who will sit with their life, or paying someone just sit with your life, because you need to get away. You need to just step back from it. And even if you're just going outside and taking a small walk and just breathing the fresh air, well, but it's just all encompassing.
Speaker 4: Mary and Ben's author of you were still dancing. This Alzheimer's situation, though, developed further because once your grandmother, I guess it was it after she passed that your mother came down with the symptoms of Alzheimer's.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, my grandmother passed, and you know it was probably it was another I would say fifteen twenty years when Mom started showing the signs, but she actually you know, Alzheimer's is now known to begin in the brain twenty you know, two decades before the symptoms first appear. So while we're outliving our lives, there's a lot going on inside our head that you know, we don't know about now. Now, there is early testing if you're brave enough to do it, and I haven't done that yet, but I have friends that have, and I think you really have to be careful to make sure that you have the personality that can handle that, maybe you have an increased risk of developing Alzheimer's. I know myself if if I forgot a word, which I sometimes do, the first place to know is I'm getting Alzheimer's, and just the bandits that might follow out, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Ben I have the exact same reaction. I'll be sixty in September, and I like to just pass it. I was like, jeez, Brian, you're getting old. It's not as sharp as you used to be. And I'm struggling to find a word. But then again, I immediately think of my father, and it's unsettling, to say the least.
Speaker 3: So it is good, no go ahead in.
Speaker 10: The absence of a cure, and there is none right now. That's I think you really have to weigh whether you can handle knowing that you have a greater chance.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 10: Of course, you can go back to all the things what do I need to do to prevent it? But you still have to know if you have the mindset that can you know, not go to turnal the places whenever you know we're my keys, or you know, you walk into a room and what did I come in here for? And I think that we all do it to some extent. So when you have a history in your family, it's easy to go there, and then it's easy to kind of become consumed bias. Yeah, that's you know, just to try to not go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually, I can see it bringing on full blown depression if you, I mean, if you, if you're dwelling on it enough. It's just it's terrib because the disease is insidious. I mean it, I actually, and I don't know this. That sounded like disrespect for my dad or that I was happy he died, But what a weight was looked that he was miserable. He didn't know who anybody was. He laid in his bed and had no function, you know, no control over his bowels, which is obviously a common problem in these situations, which is one of the reasons why you're tending to someone twenty four to seven. Uh, it's it's just he I knew he was in a better place, that he was released.
Speaker 10: Right exactly, and and I and I believe that's the word. And that's how I feel thought my grandmother, I felt like she was just let go, she was released. And I think that's just such a nice way to look at it. It helps if you if you it depends on you know where you come from spiritually. But but if you do believe that we are, you know, we are our soul encompasses a boy r. However you look at it, you know, to be released from those chains and they really do hold you down when you have a disease such as Alzheimer's.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're faced with Alzheimer's in your family, what having lived this now two times, you obviously saw it all, how do you what do you recommend people to do in terms of dealing with this challenge and maintain some sort of I know you mentioned the exercise and taking walks and all that related to caregiving because it is exhausting, But what about just coping with the general reality that they're living with.
Speaker 10: What are your recommendations the reality that that caregiver lives with or the reality that the patient lives with.
Speaker 3: No the caregiver.
Speaker 4: I was thinking more of the caregiver, because quite often the patient themselves loses any sense of recollection or even ability to recognize you as a as a relative.
Speaker 10: Right, you know, So for myself personally, I do and I think about it every day. That's the first thing. I Alzheimer's is no more than a couple of degrees away from you know, my thought process wherever I am. I do believe strongly in a one meditation. I know I spoke with that earlier, but I can't emphasize that enough to even go into like a deep breathing clearing your mind, just kind of setting the tone for the day as you you know, get I believe that I always start my day with exercise, some form of yoga, some form of our Wilbek exercise, and just try to you know, give my body the best chance I can to to keep from you know, the problem with Alzheimer's, it's not a problem. That issue with Alzheimer's is that Alzheimer's is very much like any other disease that affects the heart right. So if you have high blood pressure, if you have high cholesterol, those those need to be recognized and then they need to be taken care of broad ender control. Whatever means that is. I am on a statin. I you know, I don't feel like I should be on a status because I'm in states and I eat right, and I exercise, and I try to do all the right things. But apparently genetically I'm predisposed to having high cholesterol. Yeah, I tried my doctor ride to you know, do it, you know with diet, do it with exercise. You gave me a lot of time.
Speaker 4: Well, let me strongly encourage you to look into bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, which is what the Europeans do to solve the cholesterol problem. Plus it really makes you feel good, I mean really good. So Okay, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy you made your hormone could be out of balance, low estrogen, low tester and whatever testoster, whatever happens to be. But if you do some research on it, they don't use statins in Europe from what I've been told by physicians.
Speaker 3: That I deal with.
Speaker 4: So just a thought, but it also deals with a whole bunch of other problems, you know, metapausal problems and you know, sexual desire and uh just it's it's it's kind of magical. If I may be so bold as to say so, maryon Ben's Now, I guess this book is recommended for anybody who is dealing with the realities of Alzheimer's, anybody who's got a family member or a loved one or a friend who's struggling with the disease, thoughts, comments, and how to deal and cope with it all In the book you were Still Dancing an unforgettable journey through Alzheimer's by ours Still, we'll call her local author maryan Ben's Marion. Thanks for putting this down and I checked on Amazon. Everybody loves it. You got a five star review there and it came out June of last year. So if people can get a copy of your book on my blog page of fifty five KC dot com, and I'll encourage them to do that.
Speaker 10: I really appreciate that. I do think it's very her going through the process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and prayers to everybody who has to deal with it. It's not a fun process. Mary, and you have a wonderful Valentine's Day and a great weekend. And I'll encourage my listeners to pick up a copy of your book over my blog page fifty five cars dot com. Take care and thanks for your time this morning.