Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it start at five o'clock hour here on a Monday afternoon. Coffee and company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Take us with you wherever you go. Listen live on the iHeartRadio app. Also listen live at seven ninety Louisville dot com. And we've got open phone lines if you guys would like to jump in and join us five O two five seven one seventy nine hundred. You can also get in touch on the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line five O two six five three zero seven ninety. I have neglected you guys on the text line today. I tend to do that on Mondays, so I apologize, but we'll try to empty that out as best we can before we get out of here. I did have somebody though the text and ask about my voice. I mean it's I think it's okay, but yeah, it's still not like I don't know. I mean, I guess it's just the lingering, the lingering effects of having like a sinus infection bronchitis kind of thing. I mean, I feel fine. In fact, I went back to the gym today as if you couldn't tell, yeah, and got a nice run in which felt good. I was worried I was going to be really winded, which I was a little bit, but you know, I felt like I was, you know, fully healed. But yeah, once I get in here and I and I and I start yapping my voice, it's not like going away, but it you know, now you've now you're in Now you've gotten in my You've gotten me in my head, because I mean I noticed it a little bit, but I hope that nobody else noticed. I mean, it's not like it's it's not like it was a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't speak, but that felt.
Speaker 3: Like so long ago for a reason like that, and that literally felt like a month ago.
Speaker 2: I have no That's one of the things that that I sometimes just get lost in, is that just the unex playing differences in the perception of time, Like certain things feel like they were way long ago, and then something that really was a long time ago feels like it was yesterday.
Speaker 4: I don't know why that's the case, but I'm with you, Like.
Speaker 2: It feels like like, for example, I went and picked my parents, my mom and my step dad up on Saturday night. They went back, they got back in town from Cabo. They were, uh, they're they're they're big travelers. So I picked them up at the airport and they were gone a week. Most people go on vacation. I think it's about a week, but like for some reason, it feels like they were gone for like a month. Uh. And then you're right, like whenever I was, whenever I was was was ill, you know, to extent, I feel like like when I went to the doctor and all that and I had to like take a day and I was clearly, you know, unable to speak. Doesn't that feel like it was two years ago? I don't know why, makes no sense. Austin can't explain it, cannot explain it, all right, So real quick, we'll dive right back in and get to you know, what we typically do on a Monday reacting to the weekend. But Chucky hepburn. He joins Terry Rozier in montrez Harrell as the third Louisville player to be named ACC Player of the Week multiple times. So obviously Chucky having another big time performance on Saturday, no surprise, he was given the award of ACC.
Speaker 5: Player of the Week.
Speaker 2: Six consecutive threes and you know, a very seemingly brief amount of time, I mean that that was something that you kind of kept thinking, is this real? I mean I remember after he made like the third consecutive one, thinking well, okay, I'm sure the heat checks coming. And then sure enough he doubled that up and made a total of six consecutive threes and then he never shot another one. My man, was six of six thirty seven points. I mean, a guy who I believe is the best player we've had at Louisville since Russ Smith. And that's saying something because Russ is a legend. He's one of very few that has his number retired. And I just hate it that we only get Chucky for one year. But man, what a fun year it has been. And Pat Kelsey mentioned that the the the you know, in fact, I'll pull up what he said because I do think it's one of those things that will kind of hit you in your feels if you're a fan that has really just kind of gotten lost in this fun season. That really was not predicted. I mean, I know in college basketball, what you do in March and kind of how it finishes is what really it's what really gives you that lasting thought about a team. I mean, it's not the only thing you think about, but in college hoops and really anything, I guess when it comes to sports, if you have a great year and you fall short, like that's kind of a bummer. But it just seems like with college basketball, because they have a sixty eight field tournament at the end of the year, and you do well enough to get in safely with a good seed, but then you somehow lose to you know, I mean, Kentucky fans know it's happened to them the last couple of years. Losing to Saint Peter's in Oakland like that. That'll put a sour taste in your mouth about a season that all in all was really good, you know, until then. So you know, this season has been a lot of fun. And I guess I'll know when we get there. I guess if we get there. But I was about to say, is even if they do lose early in the tournament, I have a hard time thinking that I'm not going to remember this group for how special this season was because of how quickly they brought us back to life. I mean, that's what's happened here, man, the revival. It's a real thing, mean, like everything. Like if you would have put it on paper, this exact timeline of things happening the way they have since Pat Kelsey got hired, nobody would.
Speaker 5: Believe you that this is what happened.
Speaker 2: I mean nobody would have, especially when you consider the fact that they lost two key pieces that were supposed to be big parts of this big part of this.
Speaker 4: Team in case it in Krin.
Speaker 2: So you know, I'm getting a little bit of anxiety as we get closer to March because I don't want to do what we always do, which is, you know, just really put so much of how we remember in view a season, you know, kind of giving it the past fail And everybody's different. I don't want to speak for anybody but myself, but we all know how college basketball works. We're college basketball crazy is around here, right, And what you do in March is really what matters. So I guess when I say I'm having anxieties because I don't want to feel any differently about this team, regardless of what happens, and I don't think that I will, but again I won't know until we potentially get there. Maybe we don't, because again, maybe they I mean, if they make it to the second weekend, no matter when they lose, we're gonna be bumped because you never want it to end. Man, this has been so fun. But I just if they mayf they get to the sweet sixteen and fall to a one seat or something like that, I mean, nobody will want it to end. But I don't know how you'd say that. That wasn't a phenomenal season for Pat kelcey in.
Speaker 4: His first year.
Speaker 2: And again right now, Lowell was a top fifteen team overall. They got a good chance to finish the season twenty six and six I think it is, or is it twenty five and six?
Speaker 4: Let me pull it up here, because right.
Speaker 2: Now they're sitting at let's see, they are up to number twenty four in the net and they're twenty three and six. So if they went out these next two games, which they should, a twenty five and six regular season record, I mean, again going back to whenever it was Pat was hired mid March, whenever, I mean, imagine laying out sort of where we are now. And it I mean I nobody would believe you. I mean nobody would just because that quick of a turnaround. It just yeah, it happens, and you can go flip a roster. And I mean other coaches have done, maybe not the exact same thing that he's done up to this point, but like it can happen. And that's a benefit of the portal, Right, you can start over pretty quickly. You don't have to preach patients and given coaches many years to get things cleaned up. No, if you are a successful coach and you have a winning formula and you know you can sell and you can you can get guys to believe in you and come play for you like you can win right away. And that's what Pat Kelsey's been able to do. So it's just been, it's really been at times doesn't even seem real, to be honest with you. But one thing Pat Kelsey did say in his postgame radio interview, which that's what I was trying to get to, is that he was asked about Chucky and this was his this is what he said, quote, he's a great player. I think one thing that's really important and I don't even have to say this to our fan base in our city. They already know. I hope this core group is celebrated and remembered. He goes on to say that despite guys like Hepburn only being there for one year, they deserve they deserve the support they've gotten and deserve to be remembered. And I don't think you'll hear any pushback from any Louisville fan because this group, I mean, it reminded you of things that like you used to take for granted that Louisville, Like just seeing these guys play hard and seeing them you know, care and you can tell that they are feeding off of the energy that the fans have, just because again we've come back to life, like this is funny again. There were eighteen thousand plus there And by the way, shout out to all the fans who did their part and were phenomenal at executing they stripe out. I mean that looked awesome on TV, Like we should do that more often. I'd rather do that than like a redout or a blackout or a whiteout. I mean, we could do whatever whatever promotions they think makes the most sense. I'll leave it to the professionals who you know, do that kind of thing. But I thought that looked really cool. Like not trying to get ahead of myself, but like, I think it would be awesome if that was.
Speaker 5: Just our thing.
Speaker 4: Like that wouldn't be crazy, would it.
Speaker 2: It's just a known thing that if you're a Louel fan and you're coming to the game and your section is odd, it's this color. If it's even, it's that color, Like that could be something that just kind of becomes our thing, right. I mean, I'm not going to be able to speak into existence. I'm sure there are people thinking that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but I just thought it looked really cool. Like esthetically, that was awesome, and the crowd was great, and it kind of felt like, even though there's two more games that six pm tip against Pitt, them doing a good job of really hammering the promo the stripeout, like kind of felt like that was one of the moments of Okay, here we are, biggest crowd of the season, I would imagine, and they were into it and Chucky hitting six straight threes in that place, losing it, you know, collectively losing its mind.
Speaker 4: It was it was awesome. It was.
Speaker 2: Now again about the game, I can't tell you that I think they played poorly. I just think what we saw against Virginia Tech, it didn't really carry over as far as like just some of the mistakes, right, Like they didn't have as many turnovers.
Speaker 5: But I think there's still fatigue. There's just there's fatigue.
Speaker 2: That I believe is resulting in quicker shots than we're used to, a questionable decision, maybe not quite as good defensively at times, and we'll never know, Like sometimes it's just guys on the other team making plays, and Pittsburgh certainly has guys capable of doing that. But I just hope that they haven't run out of gas. And I don't know for certain that that they have. But I'm just telling you what i'm viewing with my eyeballs. And it's not like this team has become a different team. I just think they're not quite as sharp, and it's not for lack of trying. I just think they look a little worn down. And I don't know how you fix that other than you know, getting rest and that kind of stuff. But as much as this has been a fun ride and I'm going to hope that it continues into the second weekend or maybe even further. But I'm also you know, you a understand this too, right Like again, you can make of it what you want. I'm not telling you to be upset about it or to be concerned, but I just think there's little things that they're not quite as sharp with. And I just assume that it's because here we are, it's March. They played a lot of basketball.
Speaker 5: The core lineup.
Speaker 2: I mean, these guys are playing thirty plus minutes a game every night. Are on the Kentucky side, I mean, they now know they've they've got Jackson Robinson done for the year. Certainly not ideal, but at least now you know what you have to work with. And I mean, I think the fact that they're now a three according to Joelenardi, I mean, doesn't that prove.
Speaker 4: That, like their resume is.
Speaker 2: I mean, they could they could forfeit these next two games and probably not fall on the seed line. I mean, that's not that's clearly a silly hypothetical that would never happen. But I'm just saying, right now, this Kentucky team, after their loss to after their ninety four to seventy eight loss to Auburn, which, by the way, I think a lot of teams would lose to Auburn by a score of that.
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe not.
Speaker 2: I guess some teams have competed better. But nonetheless that that didn't hurt Kentucky. It really didn't. It probably didn't make you feel good, right. I think every Kentucky fan knows that they're in a really good situation as far as their seed, their resume, and they have proven that they can beat good teams even when not healthy. But I think when you as a Kentucky fan, one of you don't you don't You don't often lose ten games in the regular season like that doesn't happen very often, doesn't. Maybe it does and I just don't remember, But I think when you see your team lose as much as this group has, I mean since and by the way, what was the graphic that fan Doeill put out there which I thought was hilarious?
Speaker 5: Yeah, FanDuel.
Speaker 2: After the game on Saturday, they posted a graphic that shows Mark Pope's face and it says mistake question Mark, And they go on to mention that Kentucky's five and seven in their last twelve games. So again, seeing that five and seven in your last twelve, like, that's not normal for Kentucky basketball, at least I don't believe it is. Therefore, you know, you know you're in a good spot. You've watched your team get big wins that will make you feel confident in what they can do in March. But I just think they realize they could slip up and lose to a lot of teams. So losing to Auburn it's really no I mean, it's nothing to feel bad about. But again, Kentucky's not a program that really ever expects to get blown out by anybody on their home floor. Now, the good news is they didn't have to see the end of it because of the technical issues that were caused by some kind of electrical fire somewhere that led to the ABC truck that you know, gets this broadcast out to the world. They lost power all together, and I mean, I can't remember. I'm sure it's happened, and it's just games that I don't watch or don't care about in other sports, maybe even college basketball, but we're talking about an ABC national broadcast unable to carry roughly you know, twenty five to thirty percent of a game that has the number one team in the country playing against you know, Kentucky at Rapperina and they can't get it on TV. And they really did Kentucky fans a favor. I suppose they didn't have to actually watch the end of it. They can kind of put them out of their misery. But the first thing I thought of whenever I realized that, hey, they're not going to get this thing back on TV. They're going to be going to some kind of a hockey thing or something that was on ABC. I mean, imagine if that was a close game where Kentucky's winning and it's you know, it's neck and neck, and they have this technical issue and they lose, they just they play commercials for ten minutes straight, like they did initially where they were trying to, I guess figure out what they were gonna do. Imagine you pull out your phone to like do the you know, you're watching either stat broadcast or you're watching like the game cast on ESPN where you're not watching the game, but it's like showing you in real time the plays that are happening. I mean, imagine imagine that like and yet like you can't see it, but yet you know, oh my god, we just hit a three. Now it's tied. Oh wow, we got to steal in a layup. We got a run going here, And I don't know what they would have done. I don't know what they could have done. But like, we know how that fan base is. I mean, every fan base has some crazies, but Kentucky's fan base there's a big billion people. They're everywhere, They're all over the place. Like, imagine if they wanted to watch and they couldn't imagine if it was like a thrilling finish that would have been an all timer for Mark Pope in his first year and they couldn't see it, they would have lost their minds. Instead, they were you know, probably bitching and complaining. But also like, yeah, I kind of don't want to see this because man, Auburn's having their way with us.
Speaker 5: So it actually kind of worked out.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the silver lining for Kentucky because you know, they didn't have to watch how it all ended. But yeah, five and seven in their last twelve games. You know, it's not ideal. And yes they are losing to teams that are also good. But if I didn't believe this, I wouldn't say it, and maybe I'm wrong, like maybe Pope flames out and like he isn't a guy long term there that's successful. But the more I watch Kentucky and the more I look at their resume and look at, you know, the really good wins they have despite having ten losses and despite being a five hundred team in conference play. In fact, they're looking at most likely being a nine to nine SEC team if if this thing goes the way Ken Palm projects in their last two games, they'll finish twenty and eleven, and I think in most instances you would say that's not a great year for the Kentucky standard. But again, they've got good wins that are going to get them a really good seed. So I think Kentucky is in the position they're in more because of him as a coach than because of their players, which is the opposite. Typically, I feel like Kentucky teams coached under Caliperry, you would always feel like they should be better, right like they have. Like last year, there's no I mean, not only should they have not lost in the first round to Oakland, they also you know, I mean they could have been, in my opinion, one of the best teams in the country with those regards they have, but they never played they never played together because Calvi was stubborn. So you know, like, I don't think many Kentucky fans are out there thinking that Pope's like in trouble and he's not going to be able to win. But to see Fandel put that out there, like what that did, and it wasn't like something that made me angry because I don't care. But it's just a perfect example of like whoever posted that is probably like a twenty two year old, twenty three year old that their job isn't to like put out content that makes people think, wow, this person knows college basketball. It's somebody putting up content to do what they call engagement. For me, putting something out there that you know is going to get a ton of reaction for people, because you know that's how it works now, even if it is for shock value. If people are engaging in your content, that's that's that's what you want, especially if you're somebody that you know is operating the social media accounts for a platform like Vando Sportsbook. But yeah, that that tweet with that graphic that says Kentucky's five and seven and its last twelve games was hiring Mark popa mistake question Mark, and it also had a graphic it's got over a million impressions.
Speaker 4: So they won.
Speaker 5: They won.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, if it doesn't work out for Pope, trust me, I'm not going to be sad, but I just I think they have probably done better than most people would because I don't like who's great on their team. Like, they got good players, trust me, but like I don't know who's like elite. I think Otega always really good. I think he's their best player, and not many people talk about it enough.
Speaker 4: To be honest with.
Speaker 2: You, Mari Wims is good, really good.
Speaker 4: Actually, so they got good players.
Speaker 2: But I mean put it this way, if they lose in the round of thirty two, I won't be shocked, and it won't be because Pope's a bad coach. I just think he's done a pretty good job comparatively speaking. Now I need to go throw up, all right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Sounds like the settlement is about done between the ACC and Florida State and Clemson, which you know, that's good news for the league. It's never good for schools in your conference to be suing the conference, all right, stick with us. It's coffee and company. Feel about Thorn's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So, Florida State and Clemson are going to vote tomorrow on an agreement that would ultimately result in them settling four ongoing lawsuits. ESPN's David Hale and Andrew Adelson reported this earlier, But the ace SC presidents are set to vote on terms of a of new TV money distribution.
Speaker 5: So here are the details.
Speaker 2: Forty percent of the TV money will be distributed evenly among ACC's the legacy ACC schools, which is the everybody really, it's everybody other.
Speaker 4: Than the three teams that joined it this year.
Speaker 2: And then sixty percent of the TV money will be based off ratings. And it's yeah, it's rating. It's based off ratings formula over the last five years. So top ACC earners could net more than fifteen million, while some schools could get a net deduction and annual payout of about seven million. Also something that will be in place following the year twenty nine to thirty.
Speaker 4: Is that the amount of money.
Speaker 2: That it'll that it will cost you to drop out of the league is going to be below one hundred million, so still expensive, but I mean, I don't remember what the exact number was, but what it apparently was going to call to get out of the acc which again that was the whole thing, is the Grand of Rights. And in Clemson, I don't know if I believe them. They claimed that they didn't They didn't follow a lawsuit because they were looking to leave. They filed a lawsuit because they didn't, you know, they wanted they were trying to protect themselves and they wanted to make sure they could have access to the Grand of Rights to really know their situation, which, to be honest, is a fair, fair request. I mean, to know exactly what you are bound to contractually, which that was what really just I never mean, I never could make any sense of it. I have no experience in you know, contracts, legal stuff, that kind of thing. But the fact that nobody could actually see the grant of rights and you had to actually like schedule a meeting to go view it with you know, legal counsel present at the AEC headquarters like that just seemed really weird. But again, maybe that's more formal than I realize. But overall, you know, I think you got teams like Clemson, LSU, I'm sorry Clemson, FSU, not LSU, Louisville, Miami, maybe even SMU, like they're going to continue to be able to like if ratings kind of stay the way they've been. Those are the schools that will be able to make more money than they previously did because of the new structure here. If you end up bringing more value, meaning more eyeballs watch when you play, you get a bigger piece of the pie.
Speaker 5: Which again, that's the way that it should be.
Speaker 2: And I will be interested to see if whenever there are reups elsewhere with the SEC, the Big Ten, the Big twelve, if they don't follow the same thing, because why would you not, I mean should you should eat what you kill?
Speaker 5: Right, Like you should be able to.
Speaker 4: Make more if you earn more for the league.
Speaker 2: And you know those other leagues aren't hurting for money, right, Clearly, the SEC and the Big Ten are in a much different and much better financial situation than the other leagues. But again, with you now having to share revenue with athletes and roughly a twenty million dollar you know, roughly a twenty million.
Speaker 5: Dollar bill, you know, on the line.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I'm sorry, I'm super distracted here. Does this ever happened to you?
Speaker 2: Here at iHeart where you're on on a computer and somebody's logging in? What do you mean, like, like this computer that I'm on on the air, there's somebody that is accessing it remotely.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, yeah, that's happened. Why are they doing that?
Speaker 3: Could be your man, Gus, he could be logging into you're talking about the one tier left right, Yeah, that one. Probably someone setting the logs for the next day or something.
Speaker 2: Somebody's playing the X files sound oh interesting, Like I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't, it's it's just distracting me.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's a ghost.
Speaker 4: Oh it's not, but like maybe the room's haunted. I mean, well that won't mess with the show, right, I guess.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's probably no. I don't. But like here's anything.
Speaker 2: I had the board pulled up like on button bar one here and they're playing it like it would be playing on my show, right, it.
Speaker 5: Would be because it's on.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's anyways.
Speaker 5: I guess it depends. Yeah, I'm not seeing anything on my head.
Speaker 2: It just distracted me. Then it's fine because it's probably not. But of all the I try not to get distracted.
Speaker 5: I always talk.
Speaker 2: About wanting to have a window and all that, but it's probably good that they keep me in this dark cave. But whenever I see somebody moving around on a computer that i'm you know, that's right in front of me and it's not me, I feel like I've been violated. But clearly if they can, if they if they can log in, then clearly they you know, then they have access to you know, I'm assuming we're not getting hacked. It's probably somebody working here. But again, this like the the next gen system in front of me, like it's showing w k r D, it's showing r log, it's showing me the clock. So like anything they're doing on in next gen, like it's like it's not for anything other than this station, which I don't know why they would, you know what I'm saying, Like, it doesn't again until until something falls apart or breaks. Then I'll just assume that they know what they're doing. But does that have me a little bit worried and well, never mind, it's a conversation for a different day. I wasn't gonna I wasn't gonna like complain, but I was going to talk about something that I that I that I gladly had the awareness of that nobody would know what I'm talking about and nobody cares so well at least.
Speaker 3: I would you rather be distracted by that than the than the constant banging with the construction that's been going on in the last few days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess they must have known I was coming because they stopped.
Speaker 5: They were probably in full swing of it, and then they saw you.
Speaker 2: Pull up and they realized, Hey, they need to prepare, They need to behave themselves and get their work done before the show starts. Because you know, that would be really distracting. If I could hear it through your like when I was doing the show remotely Friday, and I could hear it when you were on the air, imagine what it would sound like in here.
Speaker 5: Have you heard any of it today?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I heard like I heard something, but not the banging. They were doing something, but you know.
Speaker 3: Anything, it was a little bit more faint today. Maybe they'd moved deeper into the bathroom and not at the parts that was literally just right next.
Speaker 4: They must be like completely redoing that bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything, because I saw somebody walk out of there earlier today when I left for lunch, and it looked completely gutted in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I haven't been in there again.
Speaker 2: We talked about last Friday, just my experience in the bathrooms, the public bathrooms here and you know, dump it for I mean, who does it right and who does it and and you know it happens at times, but yeah, not ideal whenever you're waiting in line at a concert.
Speaker 4: Answered, Yeah, that's true. It's true.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't really. It's one of those things, you know, I envy. I envy people who can determine when it's gonna happen. I can't. Like, there's no like I think I need to go. When I'm gonna go, I'm gonna go, so like I gotta you know, I'm gonna find a situation to you know, do exactly that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you went to the funeral home. Not that long are Yeah? Yeah you had to stop and pull over.
Speaker 5: Were we working together then? Yeah? We were? Okay, was that early stages because I remember I think I must I might have been filling.
Speaker 2: In, yeah, because that was a while back, but yes, like I I mean, I man, that's a perfect example of exactly what I was just talking about.
Speaker 5: Where like I had to go.
Speaker 2: There was no business, no establishment where I could go where I knew there was a public restroom, but there was a funeral home nearby that you know, like I've been too many times because unfortunately the people who I know that have passed away, that's that's where they usually have their visitation and whatnot. And I mean luckily they weren't.
Speaker 4: They weren't.
Speaker 2: It was early, there was nobody there yet other than the workers. But I walked in and I knew exactly where I needed to go to handle some business. And I walked out, and I kind of felt like I violated somebody who just died.
Speaker 4: But again, when you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: I've never when it comes when it comes to the number, when it comes to the number two, when we're talking about like what you.
Speaker 5: Who does know what to work for?
Speaker 4: Really, I was like.
Speaker 3: I've never been in a situation even though I have to go to where I'm like I gotta stop and pull over unless or this is coming out.
Speaker 4: God bless you now when it comes to you.
Speaker 3: When it comes to like, it's a completely different story. I will stop in the middle of the highway and just go out and do whatever, find any sort of bush nearby. But I can wait, even if it's like killing my stomach, I can wait. I can wait until I, like you said, until I get home, bathroom advantage or any sort of poop privacy. But like when it comes to when it when it just comes to number one, and when it comes to PN, I'll I feel like I could just.
Speaker 5: Do that anyway.
Speaker 4: We couldn't be more opposite.
Speaker 5: It's odd.
Speaker 4: Huh, Well, it's a it's a gift you have.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's a gift or a curse. No, it's a gat or I have some bad intestines. I mean good, they're good in testines. Again, like you are. I mean again, everybody's different, but.
Speaker 2: I feel like you you are a very blessed individual to be able to just simply like at all times, just be able to like, yeah, if I gotta wait five hours to go number two, I'll wait five hours. Yeah, Like shout out to you. Very jealous built different, My man built different.
Speaker 5: Thus producers man or at least me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, God bless you all right, So real quick, this is a text that came in on the element in Federal Credit Union text line five two six five three zero seven ninety is the number you want to text in?
Speaker 5: This is a good text, says Nick.
Speaker 2: If Louisville ends up as a six or a seven and would play the two or the three in the next round, who would you most like to avoid on the two and three line? So I just pulled up the most recent bracketology that I that I can find here, So like, Louisville right now is a seven and most of the bracketology that I've seen. I mean, you know, Leonardi, he hasn't updated anything in a while, has he? I mean, because usually he doesn't. Ever, when I need a fresh Joey Brackett's update, I never can get it. Yeah, his last update was on the twenty eighth of February. So yeah, he's sleeping on the job. What are they paying this guy for? So Jerry Palm, he put one out yesterday and he has Louisville as a seven, and he has them taking on let's see, he has them taking on San Diego State. I saw one bracketology that has them taking on number A ten seeded Georgia team. So if they end up as a seven and they get passed, because let's look at the ten seeds, you got San Diego State, West Virginia, Georgia, and Indiana. So that's the caliber of team that you play in the first round if that's the seed you end up with. And again I don't I think that's that's not even really like bracketology. I feel like, I mean, I guess it is. But my point is that's the easy thing to predict, like the range of teams that are that are that are on the six to seven or the ten to nine, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So again I stand by what I said earlier.
Speaker 2: I believe that Indiana, Georgia, West Virginia, San Diego State, those kind of teams that could potentially be your opponent. I believe they are more talented than nearly every team you've played since January. Doesn't mean you can't beat them, doesn't mean you won't be favored. I don't know, but I just think that's something that is unusual about being a twenty plus win team that's safely in the tournament to know that even if you get a sixth seed, maybe there's a good chance whoever you play in the first round is going to be better than anybody you've played other than one team in like months. Now. Again, if you get Duke, that'll be probably not a I mean, they're they're really good, but at least you'd be able to say you played a you know, a juggernaut before you got to the Big Dance. So anyways, if Louisville was to win that first round game, and if they're a seven seed, then obviously they would play they play it two if the two wins. So we're talking about Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Alabama. I mean, I don't really want to play any of those teams because I think they're really good. But if I had to pick between those teams, and I've watched all those teams enough, I'd probably, honestly probably take Florida. Like I think they're good, They're all look, all those teams are good. They'd be favored, and louis would have a tough time beating any of those teams because again, they're really good. But I just think I don't know Wisconsin's probably as far as talent level one that you wouldn't be that.
Speaker 5: Like fearful of.
Speaker 2: However, they've put together a really good season and there's certainly a storyline there Chucky going up against his former team, So.
Speaker 4: That's who I would pick.
Speaker 2: No, we also have a text that comes in and says, how can Louisville be a six or seven seed when they're in the top fifteen in both poles?
Speaker 5: I say this with respect, that does not matter at all.
Speaker 2: Louisville being top fifteen in the AP pole and the Coaches Poll. I love it because I think it speaks to just how it's just another reminder.
Speaker 5: Can you believe this?
Speaker 2: Louisville goes from being the joke of college basketball for two years to being in the top fifteen and the AP pole.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: But the AP Poll doesn't matter at all when it comes to seeding, And I think, like Louisville right now, I think when you look at the seed listing out there from the bracketologists that that we keep up with to an extent, like Lenardi and Jerry Palm and those guys, to see Louisville on the you know, around like twenty between twenty three and twenty five, which is where they are in the net and the kin palm. Like, I think that's accurate. I think it's fair. I think they could be better than that. But I just think resume wise, that makes sense, that checks out, and that is more. I mean again, some of it is dependent upon you know, using your brain right, because you can't just use the net as the end all be all, and they don't do it that way. But I think right now Louisville, I mean, as it stands today, six and seven is super accurate as far as where you're gonna be.
Speaker 5: Doesn't mean that I think that they're not worthy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I look, could they be a team as far as like talent wise, be as far as like be like being good enough to be better than that seed? Yeah, but like your resume matters, and Louis's resume is in a solid spot. But again, I hate doing this because it sounds like I'm telling people that Louisville's not as good as they think they are, and that's not at all what I'm trying to do. But the resume matters in Louisville. Unfortunately, the ACC just didn't give the league many opportunities to do anything to really boost its resume, Like from January on, I mean Louisville went. I mean Louisville had one win that really helped them, and that's Clemson. Because that win was big at the time, and it's gotten even more valuable since you got it.
Speaker 4: So I again, we talked about it last week.
Speaker 5: Nothing's changed.
Speaker 2: I think this like Louisville right now, six and seven is where you are. I think if you win these two games this week, you stay six and seven range. And I think if you end up in the ACC Tournament beating Clemson again, then maybe you bump up to like five six instead of six to seven, and then you really have like a house money against Duke to where if you just you know, it probably won't do much to change your seed.
Speaker 5: No matter what happens.
Speaker 2: Now, if you end up winning this week beating Georgia Tech and then losing to Clemson, I still think you're probably looking at six seven more so likely going to be a seven. So there's really not a whole lot of range here from now until Like you used to look at the Big East Tournament or the ACC Tournament in a previous world and say, wow, I really like where we are. But man, if they get to like the semis or the finals of the conference tournament, you're talking about three big valuable wins' that's not where we are now.
Speaker 5: So think.
Speaker 2: They went out and beat Duke. I still think like this the highest they could get as a four. I really do, and that'd be great. But I'm just happy that that we're not even like war.
Speaker 5: We're not worried about the bubble.
Speaker 2: That's a good place to be and comparatively speaking, all right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Wrap this thing up right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So today is Louisville's first day of spring football practice, So probably not going to be a whole lot to take from today's practice, but I imagine we'll hear from Jeff Brohm or one of the coaches. But it is exciting to know that you're heading into year three with Jeff Brohm, and I wouldn't be shocked if this team is once again in position to potentially find themselves competing for the ACC I means, I mean, he he enters his He's he's entering his I guess how many is he a senior?
Speaker 5: I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I don't know how great anybody's in college sports anymore. But you know he's coming with a little bit more hype and honestly a little bit more, a little bit more I guess fanfare than Tyler Shuck was. So I just think, you know, we've talked about this a lot. I think Jeff Will will continue to do this. Right, find a guy each year they can come in and and uh, you know, do what he needs at the quarterback position. And with Tyler Shuck, certainly he was not somebody that a lot of other big schools were in on, and Louisville got him probably pretty cheap, but man, he certainly put himself out there as a guy that can play in the NFL and did a great job at the combine too. All right, let's talk with the little of Men's Clinic once again? Shall we a little of Men's Clinic. They've been around for over a decade now, helping folks with a lot of things. When I say folks, it's not just men. Obviously they do help men. But if you are a man that is suffering from rec tautysfunction. Your partner's also suffering as well well, and that's not ideal, but hey, it's life.
Speaker 5: It happens.
Speaker 2: So the quicker you address it and pick up the phone and call my friends at the Lois Of Men's Clinic. The quicker, they can figure out which treatment option makes the most sense for you. They've got a variety of ways to treat a rectalletis function, and again, I'm sure it's not a comfortable thing, but they're used to that.
Speaker 5: They know.
Speaker 4: They're well aware that if you're reaching out to them to talk about.
Speaker 2: ED, they're aware that it's probably something you're uncomfortable about and something you probably have been putting off because you know it's awkward. But they know that and they're well prepared to be able to address it and make sure you know. I would imagine that if you go see them about a rectal dus function, or maybe it's low testosterol, maybe it's joint pain, maybe weight loss therapy, you'll see when it comes to how they treat you that it's something you should have done long ago. So I can't recommend them enough. Again, it's the Lois of Men's Clinic. Check them out online at Louisvillemen's Clinic dot com. You give them a call five oh.
Speaker 4: Two four four four four thousand.
Speaker 2: All right, So I may lead with this on the show tomorrow, or I may forget about it altogether. I probably need to forget about it because I'm getting a little work. I'm not gonna be all right if Johnson wins a CEC Coach of the Year over Pat Kelsey. I just want you to know that often i'd be pretty I'm not gonna be well devious work. Yeah, I'm not gonna stand for it's what it is. What I mean, I mean, you stand for a lot of things. I'm not gonna stand for it. I'm not gonna allow it to happen. I'll uh, I'll show up wherever they give that award out if they even do, I think I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they just put it out there and you just get to say you are it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you get a trophy or whatever it is, but if there's any kind of an award, there's any kind of an award given, I'll be there to make sure it doesn't get it, it doesn't get in the hands of John Shire, and I'll hand it personally to Pat Kelsey.
Speaker 5: Think, think Happy Gilmore, that big tall guy chasing Shooter McGavin.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be me chasing after John Shire over my dead body. You're gonna be ACC coach of the Year, not my CC coach of the year. That's Pat Kelsey. All right, I'm sorry I got worked up. We're out of time. You guys, enjoy your evening. We're back at it tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety