Speaker 1: Ross. How many how many voters are in the gobblers Knob or Dicksville thing or whatever it is? Yeah, total of six six and it went three to three. Okay, and now they have to they got to fight, right Uh Royal, it would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Mean to like a broken like pool que and like a like a beaver or something.
Speaker 1: And they're like, only I got two positions open? Uh, this is your interview like the Joker. Yes, okay, what's the beaver for?
Speaker 3: You can use it?
Speaker 1: You know what a ah that sounds? Oh wait, hold on, we're getting word that New York state officials seized and murdered their beavers, so unfortunately, yeah, yeah, it's unfortunate. Now they're gonna use the pol qu's.
Speaker 2: This is more of the breaking of norms you're seeing from the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a theory and I I had you know on that front. I have a theory and I have intentionally not run it until today. I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you what the theory is today and you can tell me anythink I'm crazy or not. The Democrat Party and the Democrat elite want Donald Trump elected. They're actively working to get them elected. Now. They weren't before, but they are now because they realize that from a branding standpoint, if Kamala wins, it literally could be destructive to the future of their party. But if Donald Trump wins, open a few more bank accounts, because inevitably you and the media and everybody else will you will attempt to and probably achieve amongst a good portion of the population, to even if Trump cures cancer and there's world peace, to spin it as a negative thing that happened for America, because you will have been fundraising for four years off everything and you will make money. Do you think the Democrat Party fundraised as well if Kamala Harris is the president.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: And in longer term, I think people will look at it and go this is You will have more people come over and be like, I just can't anymore, and I'm sure they'll not send it a money. So in the same way that I absolutely believe the theory that in the state of North Carolina, the Republican leadership in the House and Senate, if they have a super majority, they don't care if it's a Republican governor. In fact, it's better if it's not, because then they're the ones fundamentally in charge. They can write whatever bill they want and who cares what the governor thinks, and then go ahead and override it and then boom, you get it in there. What do you think of that theory? So on the presidential side, she would be injurious to the party so much that her getting elected versus Trump being in there is a business perspective. Trump being in there is better for them. They can whine, complain, they can fear monger and talk about AI Immortal super beans coming to you know, coming to hitler you and then send you, hey, chip in ten dollars to stop the AI Mortal super beans. And then idiots at work will be like, you know, based off of sound an incomplete SoundBite, will you know, go ahead and hit the apple pay and there you go.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you want to get like super depressed, like they know that doodoo national debt and inflation financial collapse is coming and they want to blame it on Trump.
Speaker 1: You know what. That all fits within the working theory here absolutely. But I refuse to believe that the Barack Obamas of the world and the Clintons of the world aren't art of the mindset that I just laid out they're evil the Hillary Clinton's an evil person. I think Barack Obama can, and I don't know that I'd go as far there, but I do believe that about Hillary Clinton. But I also think both of them are smart enough to strategize this, and I think that that's the strategy. I think, if I'm the Democrat Party and I'm looking at what's going on, her getting into office is now more injurious than letting him do it. From a financial perspective and a future of your party perspective. Prove me wrong, prove me wrong. I'm not, but you know, I guess you can try. I think that is the I think that is the correct take. And if you want, you want to get in a little chit chat about it, then I'm happy to do it. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Here's the other thing. Now that I've taken a stick to half the equipment of my Greensborough studio, we can settle in and do this. It is election day, and as we do round these parts and a little yesterday, we'll do today. If you are a candidate on a ballot today and you want to pop, you want to call into the show and say, hey, how you doing a couple questions Russell, do a quick little verify thing with you, and we will go from there. Have a little conversation, just you know, be a candidate within the signal range of the radio station. I don't want I want to say, if you're listening to the iHeart from Fairbanks, Alaska, God bless you, but nobody's voting for you. All right, So that those are the parameters and we will we'll make that available throughout the entire show. Okay, all right again eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. That'll I'll get you there on the show. Let's see here. Okay, all right, I just reading this. Sorry, Engineering just sent me an email, and I just want to make sure that doesn't say there's a bomb get out. Oh okay, Boston, Paul's got chokes this morning? Do you forget your door key?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I I'm not gonna say on the air. We just there was a big technological fundamental thing that that they're working on with, you know, within on the business side of what we do, and it just came back to punch me in the face this morning. So it was it was, and and we and it's in today's election day, and this is the day we're doing it. So but also that was partially me apparently misunderstanding something I was told of a technical aspect, which I I'm not shocked about. All right, So let's go ahead and do this, just because I want to get things all prepared for the audience. We gotta talk about the Joe Rogan thing. Who ross you saw that Rogan endorsed Trump?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yes, the first time he's done something like that. There is an interview with Elon Musk, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and then he tweeted it out in uh, non ambiguous terms and uh and so the the takes I've seen on that is Joe Rogan's done, which is a dumb take. Right, you think that you think that Joe all of Joe Rogan's audience is going to go away? Is that really what? You don't you believe? But I couple that with you know how much I hate every election going This is the most important election of our lives.
Speaker 5: This is it.
Speaker 1: You don't get this right, It's all over and the AI Immortal super beans murder you. Well, you know Elon was doing that for three hours on Rogan. Convince me that that's true. Convince me that if the elect if the presidential election doesn't go the way that you want it to, that it's the end of the Republic. Because I get really annoyed. We do this every two years, mostly every four years, but every two years too, they'll be like, oh, we don't take the house. It's it, that's it, it's over. And you know how I feel about the chicken little stuff. But also there's some really extraordinary stuff happening that normally doesn't happen. And maybe it's just because of who the candidates are, Joe Rogan and coming out with an endorsement. There the cabal of former Democrats, and I don't you know, it's not like the former Republicans, like the Republicans for Harris who keeps spamming, spam texting me with stuff, right they'll send videos of these old white guys and they're like, ah uh, I hate Donald Trump right now, I'm a Republican. Well good for you. I don't know who the hell you are, and I don't care. I care that you're spamming my phone, and frankly, I hope your power goes out. I don't want you harm to you, but I want you to be inconvenience for inconveniencing me. But like Elon Musk, Tulsi Gabbard, A Kennedy, that's uh, that's those are That's a pretty substantial list there. So I don't know. Maybe it is. Maybe I'm the one who just doesn't recognize it as anything more than posturing it. Don't get me wrong, it's important and there are a lot of there are a lot of things, but for too often, uh, you know, people talk about the uniparty a lot of the stuff that I'm being told right now. If you don't vote this way, then this thing's gonna happen three years down the road. The Republicans will help sign into Hull. So yeah, my salty this morning a little bit, a little bit, but it's gonna be crazy. However we do it. We'll get Canada interviews, we'll watch a lecture return. We may not know who's the who won at this time tomorrow morning, which is that in and of itself is an absolute tragedy and there is no fundamentally okay explanation for that. I don't care what election officials to I don't care what anyone tells you them saying it's not possible is not truthful. It has been possible. It is possible, and if you need to make changes to make it possible, then make it possible. It is. There is no explanation under the sun, valid explanation that you can't maintain a system where you're able to get this calculated. Look, money is not an object for you. For everything else in the world of government, you'll throw, you'll throw. Ukraine will get more money than the election than the election funding by a long shot this year. It is absolutely doable. But again there's somebody sees some benefit there so they don't do it. Six for six Aco Day radio program. Hang on, how many inflatables do you have up right now? Ross? In all seriousness? How many you took down?
Speaker 2: The birthday Bucky? We had the Halloween Bucky up that was replaced because Marky's birthday was this past weekend, So we had the birthday Bucky up yesterday because the birthdays else. I took down the birthday Bucky, and I put up the turkey, the inflatable turkey.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Is it a turkey Bucky?
Speaker 2: It is not. I wish they had one, maybe they do.
Speaker 1: How many? How many inflatables do you have from a gas station that we don't even have?
Speaker 2: We have Christmas, the birthday, the Halloween. H I think we have another one too, just just one to have one so we yeah, I think four? Wow, okay, four inflatable BUCkies.
Speaker 1: Do your wife have a good birthday?
Speaker 3: I realize?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so did you know Bacon's seasoning?
Speaker 2: It's the best seasoning. I guess just.
Speaker 1: Wanted to randomly tell you that in the middle of this conversation that had nothing to do with any of that as as you do. Would I do that because that's what high level politicians do. Apparently, if you guys haven't seen the insanity that is this New York Times piece having to do a documenting a an incident where Kamala's team decided they were going to go ahead and you know, put together another podcast interview. I get it. Some people are like, oh, they shouldn't be doing the podcast. No no, no, no no no. You get to go wherever you think you're gonna one reach people, but two also, it's a lot easier to lean on into somebody who's doing a podcast versus you know, like it's sixty minutes. Well, Hair's campaign doesn't have to lean into anybody whover at sixty minutes. They'll do the dirty work, as we've seen. But with a podcast, especially at that level, you can kind of you can dictate terms to them. Doesn't mean they'll accept them. You saw and you saw what that looks like with Rogan right right where the Hair's campaign is like, sure, yeah, we'll do an interview. We'll do an interview on your three hour program, which it takes place in this very specific location, but we won't do it there and it will only be for a very you know, very short window compared to what they normally are. And Rogan said no, and then everyone's like, guys, look at that he hates women or you know, insert whatever the thing is. So I get it, but you also have to understand the nature of it that the Harris campaign, the terms that we've seen every step of the way, are wholly unreasonable in any other journalistic setting. Right Remember remember how this all started with them sending questions to those radio hosts and then they end up firing the woman.
Speaker 5: They sent.
Speaker 1: They sent prere They they want to pre approved questions. This is the garbage you do. However, and I've seen every aspect of this over the course of my career, right where I've booked an interview and then some and and they had the audacity to send me a list of questions, not suggestions or press releases, which is kind of how you do it. It's a little wink wink, nod nod kind of thing, right, they'll send, oh good, all right, Well, let me send you the press release we just sent out, which is them trying to dictate where you're gonna go. But they also recognize that you don't have to. You're gonna ask them what you're gonna ask with Harris. They they there is an expectation there, and it's also very apparent they're prepping her in a very strange way. Like I don't know if that's a defense mechanism, the the whole Bacon incident. I'll give you the full context of it here in just a moment, but like, I don't know if that's some defense mechanism, if they thought if it's humor, it's you know what it sounds like. It sounds like somebody trying to meme too hard, do you know what I mean? Where you're just like you got her in there. The are so if you get if you get a tough question, which you want, you know what, No, here's what it is. Ross. Do you remember when Lois on Family Guy was running for office?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do.
Speaker 1: What was uh? What was her what was her famous line?
Speaker 2: I believe it was nine to eleven, right.
Speaker 1: Nine to eleven. Yeah, And in the episode, if you've never seen it, Lois mentions it. She's talking to it. I can't remember what she's right and for it, but it doesn't matter. And she's she's in you know, an auditorium, talking to people and they're not paying attention, not really that and then she mentions nine to eleven. All of a sudden, everyone stares at her, and she gets it in her head that you know, if I say nine to eleven, they'll just cheer for whatever. She's like, nine eleven, nine eleven, and then just keeps doing that, And that's that's the It's a really funny episode. I feel like the bacon stuff.
Speaker 7: Is that.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: They're like, ah, she's you don't want to say something crazy, say something everybody agrees with. The bacon. Bacon is the seasoning bacon. You can make bacon straws. You can make bacon this, and and yes that will work. Something people enjoy talking about bacon. Ross and I had a bacon conversation earlier, big fans of the bacon the case O Day radio program. I can't tell, by the way, when we get into this conversation, I can't tell if I'm more excited or less excited now to see the Gladiator too. And if you don't know, oh the controversy that's brewing there, we're gonna have some fun with that coming up. I know it's election day, and and yes, if we we are, we are opening as we do. We got now two more hours left at least on my show, opening up the phone lines. If you are a candidate running for office. Yesterday we had let's see, we had a guy running for a Wake County commissioner. We had Michelle Morrows running for the state superintendent of Public Education, and we yeah, nice, nice conversations there. We will Russell verify to make sure it's you. He's got his own wacky system, and then uh, we'll we'll we'll chit chat, okay, And throughout all of that, we'll also talk about the various stories and and we'll make sure that we'll have we'll sit Ray Stagic down and make sure we'll do a wellness check on him, because holy crap, the cowboys are cursed this year. Holy cow So and and by the way, for calling in and it is ringing, try keep trying because Ross is he's screening others and having to go through verification and there's only one Ross. We haven't cloned him yet, although it might be a good idea. All right, let me get to this. So this is this originated the article originated in the New York New York Times. Actually I have the New York Post version of it because it's not behind a paywall. So and what it what it does is it gives you an active play by play. Oh, let me give the phone number again real quick for the candidates. And by the way, if you are working with a candidate, you know one personally, and you're like, but maybe they're not listening. They should be, but maybe they're not, you know, feel free to call telling the phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four and we'll we'll fit him in where we can. That's how we roll. But no, we're not doing scheduling anything, So you don't call the candidate, can call sit hold like everybody else will go through because there are men and women of the people and I don't care right left, independent, doesn't matter to us. We'll talk to anybody mostly. So anyway, let me get back to this. What it does is it it shows you that the level of chaos this New York Times are the level of chaos associated with how they're choosing to make their candidate available. The campaign is to make their candidate available is far outside the norms of anything I've ever seen. And the way that they're prepping her is either really bad or she's really really an idiot, like really an idiot, which is you know, always a possibility, is a so stupid, Thank you, ma'am. What is Boston? What is? Is he drunk on election? Dave, don't use words, bro real words, not Boston words. I don't even understand what you're asking Boston. Paul could prep come a little better for an interview. So she's sitting down for an interview with a guy who hosts a show called Subway Takes. Okay, it's TikTok and Instagram and very popular. I'm not I've seen clips of it. But I don't watch a lot of podcasts the rogue. I'll watch Rogan stuff if the guest is pretty good, and normally not in its entirety, although I did watch the Trump and Vance ones in their entirety. I've found that whole thing fascinating. So the host wants to talk about amongst his questions, he wants to talk about what's going on in Israel. Obviously that is a that's an active political topic discussion whatever. The campaign clearly does not want to talk about that. So the way this normally plays out is you ask the question, the candidate will give a very concise, quick answer, and then in their answer, try to move it to another topic. That's the game. Everybody knows the game that does this. That's it. And I think they prepped her with something. They thought, what could we have her say that won't end up as a clip of people going what an idiot? So they arm her with tell people how much you like bacon, because that's what normal people like bacon. Normal people like bacon, why don't you? And then if the vegans get mad, I didn't say meat bacon, I just said bacon in general. So if you like the fake bacon. Good on you, and then you don't end up as a SoundBite forty eight hours before the election. But there's a problem. I haven't told you who the host is yet. The host of Subway Takes is Kareem Rama. Are you starting to understand why this is so awkward? That's right, Kareem Rama, host of the popular TikTok Instagram show Subway Takes, chose not to air the interview. The show routinely features guests celebrities. It's it tends to be light, but is not always from what I can see looking at a topics list, and they kind of mentioned this in the story too. However, the dude is Muslim, and so he wants to talk about it, and I don't really I don't fully know his take on it. Maybe he's like, you know, from the river to the sea, or maybe he's just like, you know, maybe we shouldn't be funding people murdering each other in uh parts of the world, and he believes that across the But I don't know, and we won't know because the interview didn't air. Because when he broached the topic, she turned to him and started trying to convince him that bacon is a spice while laughing, Apparently, who does that now? I mean, there's not that the interview didn't go out, but you took the easiest softball thing you could try to spin it to and you dropped it on one of like a handful of people who you could easily identify. Right, probably, don't you know, start talking about and trying to get the host to actively get into their thoughts on how delicious bacon is if you know they are Muslim, if you know they're Jewish, if you know you know, don't get into a shellfish thing. Right, you may be wrong, not everybody about you know keeps the loll or kosher any of the rest of it. But still, why would you do that? And arguably this on a a college camp is dei setting. I think a student who started who brought up bacon with a professor who was clearly Muslim would pro or or vice versa, would probably find themselves in a disciplinary action for how is this not a microaggression? And again these are your I'm playing by her rules. Rama then said he told the vice president he wanted to argue against taking off shoes on airplanes, which is a topic I admittedly I wasn't a hundred like, I don't really know all the ins and outs of that whole debate, but it doesn't matter. Very light, lighter thing. And then she brings the bacon thing up again. Rama when asked, Hey, bacon is a spice, right, you know this it's just so delicious, Rama said, I don't know, and she looked at him and goes, well, think about it. It's pure flavor, at which point Rama paused the interview, asked Harris to return to the topic of Shoela's passengers on planes. He's giving her a softball, and she injected the thing that was the one thing you couldn't inject there, I guess. Then, recognizing that the bacon topic wasn't going to go anywhere, she then said, quote, how about anchovies on pizza? I like Ann Choviys on pizza, and Rama said, quote, I am one hundred percent unsure on both of those. He said he was already apprehensive about the interview, especially with all of the stuff that they were trying to do, trying to do with you know, this is how it's going to work. Here's the guidelines, here's what you can or can't talk about, and so he pivoted to the shoe thing away from the Israel Israel Gaza stuff, and then he's like, well, we're not even going to air this. This is such a train wreck, which he should have aired it. The fact that it's the train wreck, and her talking about Bacon to a dude who clearly is Muslim. If you've watched thirteen seconds of him talk about stuff during the show, he does not hide it. And they said, quote, well, we had told we told Rama that her topic list would include pork, which that's just a weird thing. The interviewer and his manager say no, they never said that, And they produced for the New York Times the email exchange, and it doesn't say anything about pork.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 1: Let's see, this is late. So this is I know this is a manager or buddy of his, says. Kamala booked the spot with a known Muslim influencer. After declining to discuss the gods of war, she ambushed him with an homage to Bacon. Absolute tragedy, dude, and I don't understand it.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, Well that lady gets it, so hell if I know what's going on with them, all right, it is seven eighteen here on the KCO Day Radio program again eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. That'll go ahead, and that'll get you on the show. Is that? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right. And also we got to look at her her writer. You know that you know where the writer is, right, all right, So her writer is basically here is what must happen for her to be there, which is it was actually that was less, that was less problematic. That was in fact, it's it's so less problematic that I have another story that deals with demands from the New York Times staff, which actually are more arduous than Kamala's. Like that was the most normal thing about her. They didn't roll in and have to have only brown m and ms. But apparently over at New York Times things are absolutely unraveling, just as they are over at the New York Post. And we're gonna go ahead and get into all of that. We'll talk Gladiator two, your calls, and more baby selling. Damn it, not a month goes by somebody didn't try to sell a baby. We'll get to all that coming up. CaCO Day Radio program, ROSSI, you started an inflatable bragof here's a guy who says he's got nine inflatables, sir, it's not a contest, but if you want to put them all up, go ahead. All right, Well, let's let's get our next guest in again. We're talking to candidates. One of those candidates is Alvin Robinson. I said district too because for whatever reason, if that's what it literally showed on my little screen here, but it's actually District twenty six. We're talking to Rockingham County n C. Senate Alvin Robinson is a is the candidate. To colonists, Now, how are you doing this morning, sir?
Speaker 5: I'm time, sir.
Speaker 7: I hope you are.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, if you get a I need money for the whole hole I'm going to put in the wall here on illustration. But let's let's get into the fun part of this. Let's let's talk to you. You got an interesting backstory here as it pertains to COVID. Let's talk about why you're running for.
Speaker 5: Seven Yeah, well, I am running for Senate to be a part of restoring truth and righteousness to our government here in North Carolina. As far as that backstory there, yeah, I had worked nineteen years almost nineteen years in public safety with Greensboro Fire Department and Guilty County Sheriff's Office and as fired back late twenty twenty one because I did not adhere to those agencies COVID nineteen policies.
Speaker 1: This was a vaccine? Was this a vaccine?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a testing policy that basically basically said show proof of vaccination or test every week. And my sincerely held religious convictions, uh did not allow me to do either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's it's so weird how they would include that in there, thinking that it made it constitutional what they were doing, and then when anyone brought forward perhaps having religious convictions they were they were just pushed off to the side. So how do how do we do that restoration? Like, first and foremost the amount of power that we hand over to governor in that situation, which Roy Cooper, in my opinion, abused and in the court's opinion, also, how do how do we how do we stop that from happening again?
Speaker 5: Well, it goes back to we the people, you know, we one, we need, we need not forget what happened. And because I'm not the only one in the public safety sector nationwide was not the only sector affected by is UH healthcare workers abroad and so many other others. And so we the people need to understand that the governors are not in control here, but we the people are, and our rights are to be protected, that our constitution protexts. That constitution is also what holds these governors in check. And so we the people must must present that and and and we must enforce that, you know, and again going back to your original question, why am I running? Well, it is time for certain legislators here in North Carolina. I'm opposing Phil Berger, who's been in our state legislator for at least twenty two years and maybe twenty four. You know, it is time for them to go home because they're not protecting us. They're not abiding by our federal or our state constitution on many fronts. And so how do we keep from happening again? Again? We the people need to be more involved and not allow them to just go and check and and and then allowing them to stay in office.
Speaker 1: Your website is Alvin Robinson for the number four NC Senate. If folks want to learn a little more, and you have, that's where I gleaned the COVID information from But uh, let me just real quickly on the law enforcement front, just give me your perspective of what we've seen going back from you know, the moment George Floyd's story kicked off to the relationship that people have with law enforcement, uh in the because you still were working in that capacity pre COVID. So what what do you think that relationship is and is it better off? Is it worse off? You tell me from an insider's perspective.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, again, I've been separated from it for three years now and had and working a whole lot.
Speaker 5: But you know, oftentimes as we get away from it, as the media uh either gets you know, moves to a new story or or or a new narrative that you know is wanted to be projected, things get better. And so I remember during that time, uh, you know that you know, there was a lot of attacks of you know, that the police were being attacked and things like that. Whether or not, I totally think it's better, I'm not hearing a lot of hearing a lot of that right now. But again, you know a lot of it is media.
Speaker 8: Driven and and and uh, in general, when you're out there working, most people are law are law abiding.
Speaker 5: Most people you know will respect that uniform, you know, and most officers are not going out here, uh, trying to be a threat to the people to stay off supposed to be serving.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: There there there's other other forces out there that uh kind of direct you know, the the climate I might say of all that, and when they're when they hush up and you know, just let things be usually, you know there there's there's more peaceful relationships seemingly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, last question, Uh, if if you were elected and you were in a position where you might have to uh uh sorry, just someone my call screen here, are you pro or against breaking into somebody's home, stealing their pets squirrel and euthanizing it. We're asking all the candidates right now. So are you pro squirrel murder, sir? Or anti squirrel murder? What a crazy story, isn't that? I mean, holy cal the saga peanut. So Alvin, Yeah, I gotta, I gotta, I got a roll. But thank you very much for hanging on and chatting with us this morning. Okay, thank you for all right there you go, Alvin Robinson, that is okay, all right, Sorry you can't rouss and are talking off the air. I'll explain, but let me grab another candidate real quick in this time. Here, Alan Swain, this is district too. We verified it so from the see to the from the border to the sea. I guess, Alan Swain, how you doing? This is congressional district too, I should say, what's going on this morning? How you doing? Alan?
Speaker 6: Doing fine? I appreciate you letting me be on your show. We're out hitting all the precincts. There is one hundred Congressional District two is about seventy two percent of all of Wake County. Of the two hundred and sixteen precincts, one hundred and fifty five of them are voting for Alan Swayne for Congress.
Speaker 1: Okay, why why should somebody vote for Alan Swain for Congress?
Speaker 6: Well, I actually believe that a US congress person man or woman should represent and meet the needs of their constituents within their district. Right now, we have a Democrat incumbent who pretty much votes with the administration one hundercent when it comes to tax and spend policies. She does not represent at least fifty percent of our district. With regard to how we feel about whether it comes to the border. She's voted one hundred percent on every tax and spend bill. We have nearly a thirty six trade dollar federal debt. She has not voted to help shore up or immigration wise close the border. She did not vote for HR two in May of twenty twenty three. She does not support her seventy percent of the people even school choice. She does not support school choice. I want to support our public schools systems. Don't get me wrong, but I think a person, a child's zip code in a poor school districts should not dictate their future career potential. And yeah, my opponent, my opponent does not support Title nine protecting women in sports. I have three daughters. Uh, two of them will not would not have potentially gotten their scholarships to college had they been competing against men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, there's a there's a lot there. But let me let me ask you this. If your criticism of Deborah Ross is and we interviewed her, sir, and I got to tell you, she was one of the strangest interviews I've ever done. It was like I thought it was. It was like it was like I was interviewing a speak and say it was really strange. That being said, you pretty much outline the GOP voting strategy. So if if you think that she's a rubber stand for Democrats and you you sound as though you're probably in line with everything the GOP wants, where do you differentiate where you where you you you go rogue? Like, is there an issue where that maybe both sides are going to be upset with? I mean, what what's separate rates you from just being the other side of the corner.
Speaker 6: Well, I think we need to throw them all. I think we have a bunch of career politicians. I think we need to start from scratch. I'd rather do that than let them keep spending my tax dollars frivolously. We're still spending at pandemic levels. We have a massive federal debt thirty six points. We're sending six point seven trillion dollars to seven trillion dollars a year at pandemic levels. Pandemic levels. I will not support a continuing resolution like Miss Ross has every time so she can take her summer in winter vacations. I'm going to go up there to make a difference. I fully support term limits. I think we need some fresh, new ideas. I'm not a career politician. I'm on Social Security. I don't want to even before president for President Trump wanted no tax on Social Security. I'm tax going in when I put it in, and now I'm tax going out.
Speaker 7: The people and older people.
Speaker 3: Blowing go ahead.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cut you off there, sir. I just I'm up again. I'm up against so go ahead.
Speaker 6: I understand people on fixed income ought to keep the money they're making. That's why I fully support the tax cuts. Right now, a person spending twenty four hundred dollars, we'll spend twenty four hundred dollars more of their their fixed income revenues if we let allow the tax cuts to end in December of twenty twenty five. I want to make a difference in Washington. I want to do what's right for this district and I will be their fighter and boys for district too.
Speaker 1: What's your website real quick? If folks want to learn more of your social.
Speaker 6: Media, sure, it's WWWS Swaying for Congress dot com. We're trying to make a difference. We're trying to speak to the people, and we're fighting to the end of the day till seven thirty to night for the polls closed.
Speaker 1: Oh who knows, sir, you may be fighting all week depending on when of these turns come in, so we'll find out. But appreciate your time this morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you very much. Thanks your Tom, take care of you.
Speaker 1: Bet there you go, Alan sway and swaying for Congress, all right, raised age. He ain't running for nothing, Nope, except maybe starting quarterback for Let's Go. I'm sorry, bro, I'm just I physically feel bad for you when I saw the have to no, I like, you, don't get me wrong, I got friends, their Cowboys fans, and the amount of crap that I give him is uh is ten times when I would ever give you.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I felt and I was texting my buddy, I'm like, dude, I want Dak on the field when we beat you because I don't want the excuses. So it is a selfish thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I mean how long we've been doing this, right? And you know I'm not a fan anyway of Dak Prescott. So I know Cooper Rushes what five and one is a starter? I'm all in, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I think he's cheaper. I'd have to look.
Speaker 9: But yes, he's probably a little bit less than sixty million year, probably a little less all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know yesterday, yesterday, first part the day, it was I would say it was chili man, the Sunken County got a little better in the triad. But folks are going to be standing outside today, if they're going to be going and voting, let's not douse them or a freeze them.
Speaker 9: Okay, no, we're not just a little got it icky this morning, I guess is a word. It is now some clouds, dense fog advisory for most of the triangle, even out near ALDA Man says again Chatham Counties now west that you get into the triad, visibilities are ten miles, but closer in at RDU right now quarter mile visibility. Same thing down further toward the south, believe it or not. At Fayetfield real thick fog and point one two visibility point one two miles. So some thick fog in spots, some scattered light rain as possible early other than that, partly sunning it up to eighty try it will stay in the seventies tomorrow another day close to eighty for the Triangle, maybe some showers Thursday at chance, to showers in the upper seventies, Friday in the mid seventies. And I really don't see temperatures going below normal here right through Veterans Day early next week and not a bunch of rain around. We're kind of nickeled and dined with showers. Raphael tropical storms gonna become a hurricane. But weekend in the golf and head toward the North Gulf coast. Late in the week, some of that moisture may get drawn up into a front, bring some showers by maybe Saturday night, but again in a weakening phase.
Speaker 3: But on this election day, it's fog.
Speaker 9: That's the biggest problem, especially for the Triangle points south. That's fog advisory of really not much rain around, most of it light and early, and you're eighty degrees if you're going out to the polls later today.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well then we got folks standing in that fog this morning. I'm getting spiral forward, so we'll see how it goes and we'll chat in an hour, sir, thank you, Okay, all right, seven forty nine Cacoday Radio Program Again, we'll do more Cannony calls and we come back. Though. I apparently some folks are very upset with the new Gladiator movie. I will explain why coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. I'm phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seventy four. Wait, somebody's like, oh, you let so and so, I don't let Here's the deal with the with the politicians. Anybody can call. So if you're if you're on a ballot, I don't care if you're R or D, or if the audience does or doesn't like you. That's the purpose of this is to provide that opportunity, the opportunities provided to everyone. That's how we roll. And we'll have these conversations and you'll notice I'm not asking people even what their party is. I'm confident you can probably figure it out. And frankly, you should be doing some of your own research, all right, Okay, so check this out. Gladiator two coming out, and apparently all the historians are mad. Do I expect them to get everything right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Not necessarily. That being said, Apparently Ridley Scott's also weighing in on this too, because he took a lot of grief for Napoleon Napoleon. Right, all right, so check this out with Gladiator two Ridley Scott. Obviously again it opens I think in a couple of weeks, but they've apparently ran it by some folks, not just the trailer but some other scenes that are in the in the the world of history, and apparently they have a few problems. The main one though, and I think this is hilarious. The main one though. Oh that's great. Sorry, Ross has sent me a text I'm going to share with you here in just a moment. Excuse me. It's election day and you know many folks out there maybe standing online, you're going over to do that, you want to hit it early, get over to work, or maybe maybe you're gonna go a little later in the day, and so the spy reports start to flying in. We've had a couple of people call this morning. I think we've got a third one here. In fact, let me just grab this call real quick, because it'll segue into where I'm going. Uh where, Yeah, you showed up to vote and things were a little different now Not everything is somebody trying to do some shenan Again. Sometimes you know there's technical issues or user air and you hope they get it worked out, and and again I think that the majority of the stuff that you see, the you know, little the little reports, that's that's kind of what you're dealing with. However, other stuff happens too. Let me grab the Craig's call here real quick, get his spy report, and I'll explain what I mean. Craig, what's up?
Speaker 7: Okay, good morning.
Speaker 4: We're taking the Yeah, so I'll make it quick. So my voting precinct is Lynn Rode Elementary. So go there, got in line at quarter to six, and one of the voting I guess one of the volunteers comes out and says, oh, guess what.
Speaker 5: The uh ballot county?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so interesting.
Speaker 4: I said, well, can I wait? He said, Well, what's going to happen is your vote will be put into a box and then a then an observer from each party along with a judge will witness your ballot being scanned.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that is that's the process here in North Carolina as I understand it.
Speaker 4: So okay, well they said, we got a nice person coming to fix it.
Speaker 7: It's down.
Speaker 5: So then they had it.
Speaker 4: Fixed, supposedly, so I was able to vote and scan my own ballot.
Speaker 1: Cool, then the left.
Speaker 4: Real quick, as I'm voting, I'm hearing an argument going on. There's a gentleman across the room from me yelling at the election officials because he was told his vote with stolen. Somebody voted in his name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, those those are the ones that I start to want. Although sometimes you look and you realize that there's five persons with that name in an area. If they have a popular name, I'm just Devil's advocating, sir, because I don't know based like now, it's third hand stuff I'm trying to evaluate. But I will let me say this and thank you very much for the call. Some of this stuff straight up doesn't look right.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So this is the tweet that Michael Wattley sent out. He's obviously not, you know, no longer the North Carolina GOP chair. He's the he's the top dog there at the national level, and he sent the following tweet out. Now, this pertains to Pennsylvania, and I said that it's it's pertinent to North Carolina. And here's why, because Pennsylvania, obviously both Trump and and Harris are that that's you know, that is arguably identified as the most important or at least in the top two in North Carolina, which is why the candidates won't leave us alone. If Harris doesn't win Pennsylvania, she can't win without North Carolina. Is the math as I understand it based on current polling trends. So here's the tweet, Pennsylvania election integrity. Early this morning, we learned that Republican poll watchers in Philadelphia, York, Westmorland, Alleghany, that's Alleghany's Pittsburgh, Lehigh, Cambria, Wyoming and Lackawanna counties. I don't know if those are the most populous counties, they're definitely three of them are have to be right, Philly, Alleghany, probably Lehigh in Pennsylvania. So these are you know, these are the big districts in Pennsylvania. And so they were turning away GOP pole watchers. According to Wiley, they deployed attorneys, engaged with local officials, and they have finally led them into the building. That's the stuff where people who who made the decision to deny entry to perfectly legal pole watchers. They have a process in Pennsylvania. Everybody knows what's up. Those people need to be taken from their in handcuffs and charged. That's how you get election integrity. That's not an honest mistake, and you couldn't convince me that it is. It doesn't mean necessarily somebody wanted to cheat. It's people being children. You're dealing with people or being children. They're sitting in deals or deep blue districts. Most of those Philadelphia obviously Pittsburgh as well, but Philly and the three counties surrounding it that were in that list are very very blue areas. And so it's likely that the people why I'm sure it's more than likely that the people the election, the heads of the elections are probably even if they're nonpartisan, democratically appointed, okay, or where Democrats are doing the appointing. So you get ahead of steam and you want to tell the people that you think are literally Nazis they can't come in because you think you have some sort of flex. You need to be held accountable for that. And there's a thousand other things like if they tell you to leave and you feel you're in the right, get some get a law enforce or a trade. Don't raise your voice at people right, just say no, I'm in the right here. Let's get either law enforce or somebody in here, and let's figure it out, right, so you know, ross and never talking off the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, if you're if you're a pole watcher, right like you said. And they're like, all right, well that's the rap. Let's leave. Well, yeah, until you leave, and then once I go outside the building, I'm staying at that build until you lock it. And then when you leave, I'm staying outside that building until the very morning. And gilli shit park up in the woods. Yeah right, bring bring out the coffee. I ain't leaving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but now we're done, it's okay.
Speaker 2: You need to go out. We're gonna board up these windows here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna bord no, no, yeah, yeah. That's how people celebrate electing. You don't say you don't board your windows at your house on election day like everybody else. You know, you don't put newspaper over the windows to show your solidarity with our our wonderful constitutional republic. What's wrong with you? That's national?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Board up the windows so nobody can see inside.
Speaker 2: Day I'm always thinking of They be always talking about you know why it's Florida doesn't have the issues it used to have because remember Florida used to be like Broward County. It was the same county all the time. It was Broward County, and it would just they would go on and they would count, and they would count and they would count, and they would be delayed. And Rondes Santis came in and he got rid of the woman that was working there because she was come opped and it fixed the problem. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and they did more than that too. They I mean, they streamlined a lot of stuff in the states there in the state because as of going back to the bush Gore stuff. And yet for whatever reason it took from bush Gore where that woman was clearly a problem. Then too, Desanti's coming in, they still didn't recognize that she was a problem. And you remember the teeth gnashing with when he ousted her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, because they were trying to frame it as like a racist thing.
Speaker 1: It was a racist thing. Absolutely, how dare you raise And it's like, I don't anyone could Ray Charles can see there's a problem here, And you're right, he did have a lot of the changes were made fundamentally first, and then it still continued to be a problem. And then she's not there, and now it's not a problem.
Speaker 2: You would hope the GOP like they It looks like they got it handled in Pennsylvania. The same means to go for Fulton County in uh right, in Georgia. Where else would you say, uh, Durham, Durham, Michigan. I mean these swing states. I hope the GOP is on it. And like I said, yeah, po pole Watcher, you don't leave it till they leave and when they leave the building eastay outside, until the morning whatever, because they're going to be coming into Oh, look, we forgot all these ballots.
Speaker 1: We're gonna oh you forgot my keys got to go in there. Yeah, while I'm in here, let's go ahead and get ten thousand ballots counted. What's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well again, yes, and I hope that that is. I hope that solves whatever the issue was up there. But I'm convinced the only way you solve that is you arrest the people who are attempting to violate the ability of the elections to be carried out under the state statutes, and don't let them tell you that they can't, because they can. In Pennsylvania, and they can. In North Carolina we have we have absolute statutes out there. They generally are more intended because it's you know, it's like poll workers themselves are not necessarily going to be the ones that get into a fistfight over stuff there. Sometimes they do, though, No, it's about basically corrupting the process and the ability of the process to be carried out properly. If you go in there and you are if you are a candidate that's in there campaigning too close, they could charge you. If you are somebody who's in there actively campaigning voters in line or attempting to interfere in any way, shape or form with what they're doing, you, as Joe Blow's citizen, can be arrested and charged. Why can't those folks, because this isn't a whoopsie, this isn't the machine's not working. We got to get tech here. I'm one hundred percent I'm fine with that. That's the nature the nature of electronics. People who use them once every two years, all that kind of stuff. But deciding you're not, you're going to simply exclude half of the representatives of you know, to make sure that they're free and fair. Whether you're doing it to be childish or you're doing it to be corrupt, it doesn't matter. You need to be out of there. You are not you know, you are not capable of doing this thing that you that you're there to do. And if you God help you, if you're some appointed or elected election official, you're clearly incompetent and you should be discharged from your office. There's no uh, there's no there's there's no room not to right now because of how crazy everybody is to get this right? All right, let me grab this call Ryan, what's up?
Speaker 10: Hey, Kasey, wrong time listeners?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 10: I just yet, what you said just made me mad enough to like call in and say, you know, why, why is this a thing?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 10: Why are we still dealing with all of this?
Speaker 6: This is stupid.
Speaker 10: Moving illegal immigrants to battle ground states, moving to sways.
Speaker 5: They just what what?
Speaker 10: When will we wake up and say, hey, you know this this is not okay. I think it's starting. I think it's starting, and I hope today proves that maybe maybe that'll stop or in some form of fashion. But history repeats itself every every four years.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but but here's the thing. Let's say that the let's say the GOP wins every race today. Okay, it's Mark Robinson is governor, Trumps president, the House and the Senate or are loaded for bear for the GOP. They still have to execute, right that. You still gotta this. I gotta do this. And I don't believe as much as people want to, I don't believe that there's a lot of people in the GOP who have the stomach to deal with the immigration issue. As Trump has stated he wants to deal with it.
Speaker 10: I can agree with that absolutely.
Speaker 1: So what do we do in that case, because it's not about voting necessarily for the migrants right now, it's about apportioning congressional districts. That's and you don't need citizenship for this, and that is a very, very very big deal. So I don't want to be negative, Nancy, right. I appreciate you listening. I'm sorry I made you angry this morning, but that's that's that's my blood pressure every morning, most morning. Sometimes we get to talk about why Gladiator Too is a historical disaster because let's see here, they filled the in one scene, they filled the coliseum with sharks, and they say that most Romans wouldn't know what a shark is. And I actually looked this up, and I don't know if it's a Mediterranean thing. Do they not or that part of it? Do they not have sharks up in the I guess I never really contemplated it, so I don't know. They also took issue with rhinoceros fighting a bull, but there's dudes riding them. They'd say that the gladiators didn't ride rhinoceroses. I don't care you, but actually people man like this movie may suck for a lot of reasons, but I do. Oh what was the other one? Oh? In one scene on the trailer, they see a Roman noble sipping tea in a cafe while reading the newspaper twelve hundred years before the invention of the printing press. That is true. Do you know how they used to you know how they used to do news. This is deadly serious with this. So they had daily news service, and a dude would chisel and carve the news into a block of stone, and it would be in like five or six areas, so they'd have different dudes. They know what the news. They go over there and they would chisel, and then you get up in the morning, I guess, and oh, they didn't have cafes by the way, and then they you would go and you'd read the Chiseled Stone, and then that I have a question. Do you think that they also had fake news and headlines during Chisel time? That'd be crazy. And can you imagine that now some guy with a chisel come along and he'd be like, I don't like what it says here, and then you know, Chisel another narrative in there, so uh, yeah, there you go that. I don't know what that does for the movie, but I love watching the professor at the University of Chicago, professors at Princeton, Harvard, and UC Berkeley all losing their minds because the dude's writing a rhinoceros in a gladiator outfit, and consider it everything else they had there. I how do you know if they didn't know what a shark was? Oh, and apparently it's the wrong breed of rhinoceros, which I I'm not up on my rhino breeds, so I don't know what to tell you. But anyway, there you go, all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four, let's see we got Yeah, I would probably have the opportunity to chat with some couple more two or three politicians if you want. Get that in uh and we'll get an your call as well. But first, a twenty one year old Texas woman tried to do the thing which we don't understand why it's the thing. She tried to sell her baby. I've seen people try to sell babies for taco bell and one thousand dollars on South Saunders Street, sell their baby for drugs? What was what was the other one we had where they were trying to sell a baby in a campground, those lunatics, and then they but you could rent the baby for a six pack. We just did that story. That's a true story. By the way, they were wanting to try to sell the baby, but you could test drive the baby for the low, low price of a six pack. These people exist, and we'll tell you the story of twenty one year old Juniper Bryson and her own unique twist. And we'll do that coming up here, and your calls on the CaCO Day Radio program hang on the not people running for office, callers, I'll just let you know we're gonna get priority to Cannon. It's so nothing personal, but this is. It's their day. So that's why we're doing this, and we're gonna chat with a couple more right now. Uh, let's go ahead and start with the lieutenant governor's race. How Weatherman, it joins us. How are you doing today?
Speaker 11: I'm really well.
Speaker 7: I hope you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little background too. I've known how for since he was Dan Forrest guy for a lot of years. I don't know how long you worked with Dan or for Dan, but how much.
Speaker 11: That was back with Dan for ten years, eight years in office. But we but we campaigned two years for lieutenant governor back in twelve.
Speaker 1: With the red the red bus or whatever that thing was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened to that?
Speaker 1: Does Dan have.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: I do have a bus. But ever, the three cycles that we ran, we went through three different buses, and two of them got scrapped literally sold for scrap metal because we just run them into the ground. The other one we returned to We leased it from someone and returned it. But no, I have one this time as well, but it's not one of the previous ones. The dandies.
Speaker 1: So let's let's talk about this obviously, because a lot you asked people a lieutenant governor does, and most people have no idea their eyes glazed over. Obviously you were, you were sitting in that house. You were, you don't serve it in that administration, so to speak. And what did you glean from it that you like? And then what is how Weatherman going to do different?
Speaker 11: Well, listen, the governor serves as the president of the State Center and also serves on the State Board of Education, on the State Board of Community Colleges. You know what I want to use it for is is you know, I believe that we've lost as a society what I call the basic concept of the dignity of work itself, and especially with my position on the Community college board, I want to drive a whole new generation of people into working with their hands, working in the trade. So I'm going to create what I call it two and two degree, So the kids that want to go into the trades but also want to go to college can do the first two years at a trade school, then transfer over to one of the four year universities and you have a skilled back degree maybe in graphic design, marketing, budget finance, business. Couple that with the skill set of the trades, and then drop a new generation of people in working with their hands. I tell people all the time, if you're a young person, the quickest way to make six figures, the quickest way to be your own boss, and the quickest way to build a business that literally, if you work it right ten to fifteen years from now you could sell for seven plus figures is to work with your hands. Be that you know, plumbing, welding, HVAC, electrical, and so you know, I'd like to use it for that. I think a lot of people need to realize too, that when you elected loosing a governor, you're also electing a governor in waiting. And I don't mean that, you know, in an ambitious way. I mean that you are you know, five times in our state history the governor has either died, been removed from all us, or otherwise incapacitated. And we have an automatic secession plan in North Carolina whether the lieutenant governor does automatically ascend up. So when you elect a lieutenant governor, need to make sure you're electing a man or a woman that has the wisdom that the office entails the experience the office. In tenales, can they commute sentences pardons? And this is can they be the commander in chief of the Guard, the Air National Guard, or the ground Guard. Can they have near unilateral control of the real estate assets of the state of North Carolina, which are immense. Can they preside over the ninety eight thousand state employees you know, et cetera, et cetera. And so you know my opportunity. What Dan gave me, other than being just a very loyal friend and a great trainer if you will, is he afforded me the opportunity o for ten years with him to travel this great state and to learn the state. I've been all in under counties multiple times over the last ten years. Even in my own campaign for lieutenant governor, I double back with to all one hundred counties, most of them multiple times. And I think that's important because if you want to lead a state as a governor or lieutenant governor, I believe you need to intimately know it. You need to know its strengths so that you can play towards the strengths of the state, which equally need to know the weaknesses of the state so you can help mitigate them. I think that is the essence of leadership.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your website? I get that out for folks that want to learn some more.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 11: It's Hal Weatherman. Just my name Halweatherman dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good, Well, I appreciate you calling in this where we're a little tight and I'm I'm gonna chat with Mike Cosey here, so I got to fit that in. But good luck today and we'll see where it goes.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 11: People need to go all right?
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, So there you go. That is Hal Weatherman. He is a lieutenant governor candidate. I want to give you a little background on him. And again I've known how for ten plus years obviously just with his time working with Dan there. So all right, so Insurance Commission race, Mike Cousey joins us. How are you doing today, sir?
Speaker 7: Great, good morning, Casey. Thanks for doing this.
Speaker 1: I heard that you won't lower Ross's insurance rates. He's very upset.
Speaker 7: So well, if he'd be a better driver, i'd do a better job with that. But he's gonna have to Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? If you rode with Ross in a car, you would tell you'd be like, would you step on it? He drives like I don't want to pick on grandma's. But he drives like a grandma. It's it's it's pretty wild actually, but.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's the problem. That's that's dangerous too. If you're driving too slow, people run into you.
Speaker 1: What does an insurance commissioner do other than tell Duke no every few years? Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 7: The insurance commissioner in North Carolina regulates the insurance companies, the agents, the policies, and we do a lot to help consumer. And I know nobody listening has ever had a problem with an insurance company paying a claim. But people have an issue with insurance companies paying the claim. All they need to do is give me a call, go to the Department of Insurance website NCDI dot gov, and we have people on the phones every day Monday through Friday to help you get those issues resolved. We help seniors with Medicare and prescription drugs every day. We built I want to continue to play for the folks in the Mountain counties impacted by the hurricane, and we've been up there every day helping those folks with victims assistance centers, insurance camps, or insurance villages, helping people get claims. I went to Washington, d c. Last week to meet with the Treasury Department in FEMA advocating for more help for the people of western North Carolina. Up there a week before last and met with one hundred and fifty small business owners in the Ashville area. And you've got a lot of places that still don't have water, so there's a lot of needs. But you know, today's a big day, election day, so we're just encouraging people that haven't yet voted to get out vote today. This is so important. And I have pushed back hard Casey on what the insurance industry the rates they wanted to raise. The Insurance Commissioner doesn't set rates in North Carolina. We have a what's called a North Carolina Rate Bureau. But I have said no to every proposed rate increase. We're in court right now on the big homeowners increase they're trying to give. Yeah, that's why we'll see how that comes out.
Speaker 1: And the timing of it was crazy because we're still were there. I mean, they were still trying to do head counts in the mountains. And you see a proposal, correct me if I'm wrong of what they wanted a forty percent increase or something.
Speaker 7: Well that actually the proposal came back at the first of the year, back the first week in January.
Speaker 1: So oh okay, so I got yat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so the court date was set for October. That's what it was, the court. What you're thinking about when the here public hearing actually started and then here comes the flood situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just and we do things that and you've outlined it there late North Carolina. The way that they handle insurance is remarkably different. Is there any other states who do it the way that we do?
Speaker 7: Not exactly. We're the only purely rate bureau of State. And actually people don't realize there's only eleven states that elect state insurance commissioners. The other states the commissioners are appointed by the governors. And I personally, I think it's better for the people to have a voice and be able to vote their choice. And so you know, again, we want people to go to the Apartment of Insurance if we need help. I need people to go to my campaign website today Mike causey NC dot com and spread the word get their friends and neighbors to go vote. It's very important that we have a good turnout today and the polls are open until seven thirty tonight.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all right, Mike, Causey incumbent and seeking reelection here. We do appreciate it. Thank you much, sir, and good luck.
Speaker 7: Thank you Casey. Appreciate what you do.
Speaker 1: All right, Absolutely all right. Sorry, Ross, I try to get you more, but he's an unmovable object. All right, Let's go ahead and get Ray Stagic from the Weather Channel. Who's uh promising it'll get better? How's that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it will, It's gonna get better.
Speaker 9: It's just kind of, I don't know, cloudy, kind of drear, especially around the triangle where we are going to continue to see the clouds and the fog and the dense fog.
Speaker 3: Advis we're expiring in the next couple of hours.
Speaker 9: So if anything you're standing out there, you're going to be and you're kind of like some spotty light rain and drills a little better try it. In points west and south, visibilities are still down though quarter mile at the airport right now in Raleigh and down near Fayetteville. We're at point one two, so they've come up to quarter mile. So still some fog as you go south and just to the east, but better to the west. As I said earlier, seem as an hour ago high point Winston Salem, Davidson County ten mile visibility there, Ashboro seeing ten mile visibility, so better in some spot. Clouds will stick around and we'll get a slayers of light rain and showers as we move through this election day, but nothing really terrible case warm two and I think the best chance of rain is early partial sun, may try to get out then up for seventies later today, a mile sixty tonight, so late chance of a shower tomorrow, maybe from showers Thursday. Highs are going to stay warm, mid upper seventies, maybe eighty degrees, and then Friday partial sun mid seventies and over the weekend, maybe some showers Saturday night. But not only are we not going to see much rain, although kind of looks like kind of messy out there, but we're not going to get much in a way of colder air either.
Speaker 3: Forget about it.
Speaker 9: All that's out through Montana and into Wyoming where there's watches, warnings, even some blizzard warnings in Montana they art to care for now is well up to the north of the Canadian border. North of that, so we'll see I mean we're getting into November now, should start to get cold pretty soon. Nothing nothing coming yet, nothing coming.
Speaker 1: Yet, Oh it does. It's texting a family member back in Wyoming. He was telling me how much snow they're expecting up on the top part of the property. And You're like, well, it's November. I mean, it's what it does. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thanks many.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll chat tomorrow. There you go, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on. Well, good morning.
Speaker 12: Casey stocks lost a little ground in yesterday's trading. Investors were avoiding risk ahead of the presidential ellot action, which is still too close to call. This morning, the futures have been modestly higher all morning. The now futures are up forty eight points right now. The strike is over at Boeing. Unionized machinists ratified the company's third contract offer. It will hike workers pay by thirty eight percent over four years, but Boeing stood its ground and refused to restore a pension plan. Airline production has been shut down for nearly eight weeks. The nation's trade deficit widened in September. Imports increased, exports fell the government says the trade gap grew nineteen percent and topped eighty four billion dollars. Many homeowners looking to do some improvements or just raised some cash could tap their home equity. The ICE Mortgage Monitor says mortgage holders had more than seventeen trillion dollars in equity at the end of the third quarter. More than eleven trillion of that is tappable. That means the homeowner would still be left with at least a twenty percent stake in the home. Economists say fed radcuts would encourage a research gents and home equity withdrawals. Apple may be thinking about offering a line of smart glasses. Our Mark German reports the iPhone maker has launched an internal study of products currently on the market. The initiative is code named Atlas. Apple reportedly is gathering feedback from employees before turning to focus groups.
Speaker 1: A little bit farther.
Speaker 12: Along and by now pay later services casey could turn out to be popular with holiday shoppers. Women's Wear Daily says researchers from split It and Payments found that nearly three and ten consumers are likely to use pay later plans this season. Shoppers say the services take some of the guilt out of splurging and make it.
Speaker 1: Easier to manage their finances. Casey, alrighty, Jeff, thank you very much. We'll chat tomorrow if I guess the Republic hasn't fallen in everything's on fire, so hope we'll see. All right, we'll talk to you then. Take care. Yeah, there you go, Jeff Bellinger. I'm just saying, like, uh, I need a nap today. Just what said? The way my schedule has been. I know it's only Tuesday, and I sound like I'm whining, but I don't know that I could physically convince myself to nap today. I don't know if that's achievable because it's just you wake up and I'm like, why is the Washington Monument on fire? What's happening? So we'll see. Let me grab a one quick call. Oh look at that. It's Donna. All right, Donna, what's up?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Casey, Good morning.
Speaker 13: So I guess that theory is true.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on? Is that thing listening to us?
Speaker 6: Yes? She hears everything different.
Speaker 1: Holy water, I want to hear if it sizzles.
Speaker 13: So you know, ailed you derailed my entire conversation yesterday with that.
Speaker 1: I didn't derail it, you, I leaned into it. There's a difference anyway, what's the point you want to make today?
Speaker 13: So okay, so you were talking about Gladiator too. So I'm thinking that it proves that theory that men think of Rome at least once day, and you, because you think of it so much, you have to come up with new ideas like sharks Nado. You know, those tigers were cool, but wouldn't sharks be wicked cool?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: Well I have and there are sharks in the in the in the ocean right there. So I don't even I don't know what to make of that article. I looked it up.
Speaker 13: Did they say that they were in the collism?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: But like if you know Rome is, people don't realize if you go to Rome, it is a little inland, but it has a lot like it's a it is a coastal port city.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: It's so it's like, I'm assuming they wandered down to the water one day and uh, you know, Claudius didn't emerge and then they're like, why is there all that blood? Like, and they had orgy boats. You're telling me nobody ever fell off the orgy boat and shark at them all with all that wine. Talk about the greatest day of your life being the worst. So anyway, so.
Speaker 13: My murder cat it was. It was listening and hey, I wanted to give mention to a listener.
Speaker 4: Sue.
Speaker 13: She's got a tuxedo cat that comes around her.
Speaker 1: What is herxedo cat radio show? I saw one in the parking lot of my hotel this morning. I didn't try to run it over anything, but I assumed it was there to kill me.
Speaker 13: All right, She said, there's one that hangs outside her her work, and she's named it Donna.
Speaker 1: That's it's something, all right, Donna.
Speaker 6: I gotta go a great day by.
Speaker 1: Be safe, keep a head on a swivel. You never know when that thing will turn on you, Okay,