Speaker 1: It's so funny because Jenny said, let's do the Minnesota goodbye, and then she promptly disappeared, and I think she went to go pee, And so Bailey and I will kick off the Minnesota goodbye. Yeah, and let's get started right now. You're ready, Yes, I'm ready? Oh okay. The door keeps opening, and I keep wondering whether it's Jenny or not. Let's get started. Emails are the heart and soul of the Minnesota Goodbye, Renee writes in am I the jerk? I recently discovered our joint account. I'm gonna guess her and her partner had almost eight thousand dollars taken out of it since June Firstly, crap, almost fourteen thousand since January first. My fiance says it's his money, so what does it matter? Well, I stick my money in there too to pay bills fifty percent of the bills. And I'm finding out that we've also been charged six hundred dollars in overdraft fees in twenty twenty four. Am I the jerk for yelling at him all day the day I found out?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: There's so much any reasons why that's trash. That is trash. You you don't even need to ask, are you with the jerk? And what frightens me about or concerns me about this is that you have been manipulated to think that you're the one that's wrong, right, Jenny, you just missed this.
Speaker 3: Jenny was peen who did something wrong.
Speaker 1: A woman says that she's with a guy. I don't know if they're married or not, but she recently discovered their joint account has eight thousand taken out of it since June first, fourteen thousand since January first. My fiance says it's my money, it's his money, so it doesn't matter, she says. I stick my money in there, though, to pay fifty percent of the bills. And I'm finding out that we've also been charged six hundred dollars in overdraft fees in twenty twenty four. Am I the jerk for yelling at him all day the day I found out you need to leave? Yeah? I don't.
Speaker 2: And I know your own bank account.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm gonna tell you why. Okay, if he is so fucking deceitful that he will take eight thousand dollars out and then say it's my money. Yeah, and then fourteen thousand dollars out and also so irresponsible. There's been six hundred dollars in overdraft fees in this year alone. You need to leave because he is never going to be honest with you. You will suffer through this guy for however long you suffer until you finally leave or he cheats on you or he gets thrown in prison. Yeah, you need to leave. There's nothing more I can say.
Speaker 4: I think the and also him saying, oh, it's my money, so it doesn't even matter, like prove it, prove that that's your money and not mine. I that's why I would if even if I was married, I don't think I would ever have a joint bank account.
Speaker 2: I think that's the new Well.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people have some joint bank accounts to put for bills, but I think a lot of people keep suver accounts. None.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because then I would avoid this kind of fourteen thousand dollars is so much money.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a lot of money. I mean it really is. And you know, Susan and I have joint ev everything. But I'll be honest with you. There there's one percent of my brain that keeps an eye on it to make sure that she doesn't do anything unusual. Yeah, And that's just me being cautious because I would never want to find out after it's too late that Susan had a gambling problem or something that she was spending you know, fourteen thousand dollars on without telling me.
Speaker 3: I mean, wouldn't you almost be happy though, if she was spending that money on something, because that might mean she picked up a hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she loves blackjack. Yeah, yeah, my hobby is blackjack.
Speaker 3: At least she's said something. She's not sitting on the couch on her phone.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess, you know, Jenny, that's z. That's a sore subject because Susan has really no hobbies. She does crochane, now that's a hobby. Yeah, but she also plays on her phone all day. And I said, look at you. The other day. She had a cat on her lap. She was crochhane. I said, good god, you're eighty seven years old, Madge. You got a cat on your lap and your crochet.
Speaker 4: That's again, Yeah, put a cat on my lap and then give me some cross stitch. That sounds like a good time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Madge, I want somebody who's going to climb mountains, jump out of airplanes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, good thing we're not together.
Speaker 1: So yeah, No, we were gonna go flying the other day because I wanted to take a video for Thunderbird Aviation because you know, I do them, you know, like a solid, and say hey, go up learn how to fly with Thunderbird Aviation and it's on my Instagram. So she was going to go up flying with me and take video of me behind the yoke as we call it, of the airplane. And we get to the airport, She's like, I really don't want to go up. I don't really, I just I'll just take it from the ground. And I'm like, I want something. I want adventure, you know what I mean, while I'm still able bodied enough and able to get Because I've been reading a lot of memes lately, you guys, the memes that say, your ninety year old self would so love to be able to do the things that you can do it your age, so go do them. And I think sometimes Susan has decided that she's too old for certain things. Sure, And I'm like, God, I just want somebody who wants to go hiking and somebody who wants to go flying.
Speaker 2: Weren't we gonna weren't you gonna take me flying? And then you never did.
Speaker 1: I will anytime, Okay, yeah, anytime.
Speaker 4: Now I feel like it's too late in the summer and I have to wait for like the.
Speaker 2: Leaves to change. No, Dave flies, you fly pretty late into the No.
Speaker 4: No, I was in like I like in terms of seasonally, Yeah, totally, I should wait until like the leaves are orange.
Speaker 1: Did it last year? I flew up to like Lake Malax and flew over the leafy changes. The leafy changes changes. If you want, Yeah, I totally take you flying.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, absolutely, But you're.
Speaker 3: Going to get content for him now, Okay, I can get content be wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jenny, I emailed that to you so we can maybe do it on the show because I think it is that interesting because I am so strongly opinioned, and I'm going to just say your first initial are that you absolutely should dump this guy because anybody who is that shitty money that is a bad thing. Okay, So yesterday we talked about the Morning Show shirts, and remember somebody said a funny shirt of the fair would be pickleball whore, and another one would be I'm calling HR. And so Naomi writes and she said, you did have this shirt last year, and she actually sends a picture of her I'm calling HR shirt. So now you can buy it on other websites. But I think that somebody originally it stole. They stole it from us, yeah, and sold it on their whatever they're on website.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I came up with the shirt idea years ago, twenty ish years ago. The shirt said I got busted on dateline. Now it was a joke. Remember they used to have this guy who would lure guys to the house pretending to be a fourteen year old or a twelve year old girl. And his name is Chris Simpson or Samson or something like that, and he was on Dateline, and they would have these people all the internet chat rooms, Yeah, pretending to be a twelve year old girl. They would say, yeah, I'm over here at one two three Maple Street and my parents are gone and come by and we can have sex. So a guy would show up and they would have an actress that looked like she could possibly be twelve that was actually eighteen, and she would meet the guy, and they would have the hidden cameras and the microphones, and he'd be like, yeah, I brought over some beer and condoms and let's go hook up. And she'd be like, yeah, that sounds great, and she'd be like, I'd be right back. So she would go leave the kitchen and then Chris Samson or whatever his name was out. He would come out and go, so, yeah, so you're here to meet a twelve year old girl. No, huh, you've been caught. Yeah. Yeah. And so it was like, I got busted on Dateline. So I came up with a shirt that said I got busted on Dateline, which was a very huge pop culture reference back then, and somebody stole the idea and they arted selling I got busted. There's really nothing you can do, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not really. Okay, it's a good story about Dayline, though, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Did you remember that show?
Speaker 2: Eat that show up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's his name? Chris doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I remember his voice being very judgmental.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he was justified. Next one and Christy says, good morning everybody. The other day, you guys are talking about when you see your profession in a movie, or TV. I had to laugh because it's very true how they portray professions. If I watch anything with truck drivers, she's a truck driver. I nitpick everything since there's so many flaws. Example, in this Liam Niesen movie The Ice Road, they show one scene where he's driving a Kenworth truck but the outside is a Volvo truck, and then they shift gears wrong, and how they over dramatize things that aren't a big deal. Now, smoking the bandit that's some real stuff. Lol. We all think we're badass and really we're but reality we're a bunch of softies and we just love what we do. Have a fabulous day, love y'all from Christy.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: And it goes back to if you know of like you watch movies and you're a doctor and you go, no, we would never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love that we have so many truck drivers that listen to our show. That seems so cool to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. We have a lot here that.
Speaker 2: They see some weird things.
Speaker 4: So she should say, what are some weird things that you've seen inside of people's cars?
Speaker 1: Probably people flat? Well, would you flash a woman truck driver?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: I don't know who knows.
Speaker 1: Do you ever do the thing with a truck driver or have you in your life where you ever went to go to pool poll pull pole, pull too too and they go.
Speaker 4: We would do that when we were on the bus to field trips in like middle school, and you'd be in the back and you'd do the like toot the horn and they'd be like you kids, Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, what I know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did it, probably down by red Wing within the last three or five years. Because there's a big valley with a railroad track in the middle of the valley. The road run right next to it. I'm on my motorcycle and I do the pull pull Hong Kong, and sure enough the train win Hong Kong. And I was like, fuck yeah, fucking cool. Okay, uh next one, I want to say, I'm a little upset with Dave. Okay, I hope this makes you laugh, as I'm not really upset with Dave. I love going to the fast food place Cookout. They have my favorite fast food burgers convenient to me. Well. I always get the Cookout tray burger, cheese kurds and a corn dog. I've been getting this for years, well, says Sesna. For the past year, I've heard Dave make the comments that hot dogs are lips and buttholes, which is hilarious and also somewhat true. Well, a few weeks ago, I got my usual order, took a bite out of my corn dog, and in my head I hear it's just lips and buttholes. So I had to spit out my food. I had a little laugh, but I wasn't able to finish my corn dog. Then last week I got my usual ordered again, and I wasn't even able to take a bite. Dave's words in and engraved into my brain that I can't think of anything else to try when I try to eat my damn corn dog. It doesn't make sense because I've had so many hot dogs and corn dogs since I've heard you say this. I don't know why I'm suddenly very bothered, but I am hopefully it'll pass. I know what's in hot dogs for well over ten years. That's never stopped me before, But now I hear Dave's little voice whispering lips and buttholes anytime I think about a hot dog. So thanks Dave, Love you guys. Shout out to Cap Bailey's Cat's Kiddie. I read something about dry aged beef one time, and I didn't eat beef for like six months because dry age beef is they basically let If you go to a fancy steakhouse, they go, yeah, we have dry age beef, which basically they take the beef, they put it in a mild refrigerator and they let it kind of rot and it softens the beef up because it rots. They call it ry aging, but basically it is semi spoiled beef. And after I heard that, I would not eat beef for about six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything, Jenny, that you will not eat?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do not do Coleslaw because I ate it once when I was in first grade and I was like puking my brains out and probably just had the flu, but I associated it with Coleslaw, and so I forever have never liked Coleslaw since then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same with I had grape soda.
Speaker 4: My dad used to mix medicine with grape soda so it would be more palatable. And now all grape soda tastes like medicine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so gross.
Speaker 1: No grape soda does taste like medicine. It really does.
Speaker 2: In general, it really kind of does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does for the most part. Okay, sugar and I still am like, it's soda.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Bear? You don't because I don't think they have any more. Bear Aspirin for children. Yes, okay, they were little orange tablets. They were so good to used to get into my mom's medicine cabinet. And I was not stupid enough to have the whole bottle, but I'd have like five or six little orange flavored Bayer Aspirin for children.
Speaker 4: Yes, we did that with thumbs. Me and my sister would hide behind our really big chair in the living room and eat tombs like it was candy. We got in so much trouble my grandma caught us once.
Speaker 1: I think tombs are pretty benign. Yeah, they're not really harmful.
Speaker 4: Technically, it's like a vitamin. It's like a calcium vitamin. I think, so, yeah, yeah, you're pretty harmless.
Speaker 2: We were. We were on top with calcium. I guess.
Speaker 1: Let me know, or was it Saint Joseph Asford for Children.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Joseph Aspirin for children And see if it like if there's a picture of a little bottle, probably glass back then.
Speaker 2: Picture of aim.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I got in a box that I'm seeing right now. Let me see if there's one that shows like the bottle.
Speaker 1: That's okay, not that important, Yeah, not that important. Okay, next one, do not use my name instead of asking my the asshole? Am I too sensitive? Backstory? I've been skinny all my life until I had a child, and since then my weight has been up and down all the time. When I say skinny, I was about ninety to one hundred pounds. This is from a woman, by the way. Fast forward to today, I am the heaviest I've ever been tried, doing the shots, taking the pill, currently working out, count my macro smaller portions, I'm still heavy. I was married to someone who always looked at other women no matter how skinny I was, so since then I've been very sensitive about my weight. I felt I was never pretty enough or skinny enough. Now I met my heaviest. It is a hot topic. Any time I see friends and family, they indicate that they are concerned about my weight or never thought I would gain so much weight. And when I get these comments, it takes everything in me not to blow up. On them or start crying. When did it become okay for others to talk about one's weight? Every time I hear comments, I literally want to stay in my home and never leave the house. And when I do, I wear all black and really baggy clothes to hide everything. I try to make light of it when somebody says something like yeah, I'm the fat girl with the pretty hair, but it still hurts am I being too sensitive? Or they just tell them to fuck off and look at themselves before judging me. Damn, this is long. Thanks for being the best morning show crew and always bringing laughter to our lives. I think that I'm going to say this. I know this person. They are a regular supporter of the show. They're probably forty eight or fifty ish. They're at that age menopause hits weight comes on. It's very tough to keep weight off. Sure, so I think that's probably part of what is happening. But no, there's no way that anybody has the right to make comments, whether they're family or friends or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially family.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'd be like, shouldn't you care more about me than what you're doing right now? Because if all they're saying is like you're getting fat, Like, come on, you're supposed.
Speaker 3: To like love me unconditional family talks about their weight in a negative way. I say, you look great, I would I U. That makes me very sad that your family is talking about your weight.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I want to be real honest and you guys, be honest because I know the correct thing would be to answer one way. But I want you to be really honest. If your partner, if you are into like healthy people who are active, and your partner all of a sudden put on not all of a sudden, but over a couple of years, put on one hundred pounds, would you have a right to be like you know what, I don't like you this way. I love you no matter what, but I don't like this version of you that is morbidly obese. I don't like the fact that you sit on the couch. I don't like the fact that you overeat. I don't like the fact that we can't enjoy the things we used to do. If Susan got that way, I don't. We don't talk about each other's weight. If it's like, you know, twenty pounds up, twenty pounds down, will compliment the twenty pounds down, but we don't say you look like put on twenty pounds. But I'm going to be honest with you. If Susan put on one hundred pounds, I'd be pissed. I'd be like, who are you? This is not what I expect out of you. You don't have to look perfect, but one hundred pounds. I'm sorry, what do you guys think?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm pretty much the same as you, just because Andrew and I live like active lifestyles, and I know one hundred pounds would take away from so many things that we do between pick a ball, hiking, whatever it is. So I would probably be like, all right, baby, let's get to the gym, Like come on, come along with me. But I would probably be the same with way as you.
Speaker 1: I think, especially if somebody puts on a lot of weight and you see the way they eat and you go, there's a correlation between you eat and a bag of M and ms every night and the fact that you put on one hundred pounds. So yeah, get to the gym. Sure, absolutely be active, But also I'd be like, you can't eat that way, Bailey, what do you think?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 4: I'm going to slightly disagree because I think that just because you're big or quote unquote fat, doesn't mean you are unfit or unhealthy. It just is a different body type. So if you can still maintain the same lifestyle, So like if Andrew gained one hundred pounds, but he can still play pickleball and he can still go hiking, then he just looks different. And like I think you could say, like, I mean, you could potentially bring up that you are concerned about, like his weight gain, but if he's still active and like living the same way that you were together, then like we all change over time, we all look different over time. So like I don't know, maybe I'll get like hideous wrinkles, But do I want someone to say, like, God, you look freaking old, get some botox because this isn't what I signed up for.
Speaker 3: I think age, though, is a little bit different than weight gain, Like aging is just what has to happen weight gain, And I understand that, like as we get older, it is so much harder to stay at a certain self. I totally get that, But like one hundred pounds, that's like you're going to look pretty much like a different person with an extra hundred pounds on you, And I do think that that's a little unfair to me who fell in love with someone who looked the way that Andrew looked. And I mean I put on weigh loss weight throughout my relationship too, But a hundred pounds is just like a different person to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I just think it's if it's over time, and if you love this person, like, yeah, they might gain one hundred pounds, but it's not like they're gaining one hundred pounds overnight, and you'll be like, oh my god, you're not the person I fell asleep next to. So like if if you love them and they just happened to gain one hundred pounds, but they're still the same person and still like doing all the same things. But but if like what you were saying, Dave, like if they're suddenly like, oh, I'm just gonna sit on the couch all day, I'm just gonna watch TV all day. I'm just gonna like binge eat all the time, blah blah blah, and then over time they gain one hundred pounds as well. Then it's that added to like complete change of personality that gives me pause where I would be like, Okay, I don't want to do this anymore. Versus just like the weight gain where you can still be the same person.
Speaker 1: I'm going to sharply disagree, because there is no way that a person that puts one hundred pounds will be able to do the same things they did when they were one hundred pounds. I actually do know that there's.
Speaker 2: No way put people were really fit.
Speaker 1: Big dudes, Well, that's a different kind of fitness. But I really believe that if you are able to hike up Pike's Peak and you put on one hundred pounds, I sharply believe you would not be able to do it. Most people that are one hundred pounds overweight struggle to walk up the stairs. And that might not sound like.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people who are super fit. Do you really, yes, super fit? Like a lot of fat people that I know can do the freaking splits and can I Nope.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Depends on what kind of fitness you're into.
Speaker 1: Well, that is flexibility. Yeah, I think cardiovascular fitness is absolutely affected by being morbidly obese, and I just think that's true. Okay, we disagree Okay, Well, I sharply I am a proponent of being healthy.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, be healthy, but you can be healthy and be fat at the same.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can be healthy at any weight. I really don't like the message that you can be healthy at any weight because I think even people that are overweight, go, man, I'm not as healthy as I used to be.
Speaker 2: See, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like when you you can't be healthy when you're overweight, like that's that. You can't make that an opinion. That's like a fact of science.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly right. That's exactly what I say. You can't make it an opinion. You can't say, well, I'm one hundred and forty pounds overweight, but I'm still as healthy as I was when I was one hundred and thirty pounds. That's an opinion. I think if you that's what you just said, No, that's what I mean. That's your opinion. But I think that science and your doctor will say, yeah, Dave, you need to lose that extra hundred and forty pounds. Well, we could argue about it all day, but that's what opinions are for. And if we all have the same opinion, on the podcast, it would be really boring. So what do you think there's one you can write in about. Maybe you don't want to write in about money, or you don't want to write in about the professions that you see in movies, but what about that one? What do you think? Send an email to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com