Speaker 1: Something you should go, Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Excited to have a guest join me in the studio, we have Molly from Reach Literacy. Hello, Molly, how are you hi?
Speaker 2: Good morning, how are you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm fabulous and I'm excited to chat about brew ha. And we were just kind of talking about the origin of this. Originally was a comedy thing, which is kind of fun, and it's morphed into just a beautiful night where you get to listen to people speak about different things and it's sneaking right up. When is this?
Speaker 2: That's right October ninth, from five thirty to eight thirty, and we've.
Speaker 1: Got Becky Blue and Patrick Hicks and Pearl Leeferman and Jim Wooster are the speakers this year, and each one of them talking about different things. But it's always, like I said, i've been to this event, it's always a neat event. I was just telling Molly that the first year I went, I thought it was a comedy event and we got there and I was like, oh, this is not comedy at all. So but it's still fun event and it's a great event. And it's for a good reason too, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yes, So this is a fundraiser, our big fundraiser for the year for Reach Literacy, and it's just a great way to get everybody together and share what we've been doing. We're going to have learners there who we teach in our different programs in Sioux Falls, and they're going to share their stories as well among the other fabulous speakers that you named. Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is an opportunity for anybody who wants to contribute to come out, be a part of it, have a little bit of fun, enjoy some camaraderie with other people, and probably walk away learning a little something about something.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And we have local beer. We have some fabulous wine, handwritten wines, and we are having Nickis Taco Bar.
Speaker 1: So nice.
Speaker 2: If you like Nikki's, you like local brews, you like just hanging out with friends and hearing some fabulous stories by local writers. Nice. It's a good event.
Speaker 1: And I love the brew part of brew Haha. Are those local beers. That's cool. That's really cool. And again it's a nice event. If I would like to go, Do you still have tickets to am able to get those?
Speaker 2: Now? How to you can? Yes, if you go to reach literacy dot org you can. There is a button right away that'll take you to our event. Right you can purchase your tickets. It is a smaller venue. It's at Mosaic formerly the Museum of Visual Materials, and so it does always sell out. So if you are interested, you got to get your tickets right away.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's going to be a really fun time. And again, it sounds like it's a long way away when you're talking about this event. You know it's in October. It's like, wait, it's a couple of weeks away.
Speaker 2: Man, it's coming up fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the other day was January. Now all of a sudden, we're like halfway through September.
Speaker 2: So that's how I feel too.
Speaker 1: And you got a bunch of wonderful sponsors. A big thank you to all of the sponsors for helping to support this because again it's a fundraiser. It's hard to raise funds if you don't have funds to you know, seed this event and get the thing going. So a big thank in all the sponsors, but also to everybody that comes out to the event. When you're buying that ticket, you're helping as well. And Reach Literacy We've talked in the past, but let's remind people what you guys do, because I think this is really neat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. So Reach Literacy empowers adults through literacy education. What that means is we go out into the community and we offer classes for free for English language learners. A lot of those folks are immigrants and refugees, but we also offer classes for folks who are a native English speakers but they experience low reading levels because of dyslexia or other barriers. So we primarily serve adults and all of our programs are free.
Speaker 1: And you are in the business of changing lives. Absolutely, that's exactly what you do. You change lives and you make them better and I think that's really cool. And again, this event is sneaking up next month. If you'd like to get a ticket, there's still time. Again. It's called brew Haha at Mosaic Arts and Events October ninth, which again sounds like a long ways away. Here's the thing. If you don't get your ticket by the time we get there, there won't be one left, so do it today. Again. You can find the tickets at Reachliteracy dot org. Molly, thanks for coming in. Thanks so much, John, Thank you for all the things you guys do as well. I think that's really neat. And if the bookstore people want to stop into the bookstore, that's open too, so let's remind them about that.
Speaker 2: Oh you're on the ball here. Yes, please come to Reach Literacy Bookstore. We are on the backside of the Western Mall. We have kind of boutique hours because we are primarily volunteer run, so check our website out for hours Google us. But every book that you purchase at our store helps fund our programs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again, that's a great place. If you want to donate books, you can donate books. If you want to go buy books. If you want to donate books and buy them back, you can do that as well. I think I've done that once or twice. I'm like, I love this book. I used to have this. I'm like, wait, I think I actually gave them this book. Again. That's Reach Literacy in the Western Mall kind of on the backside of the mall, back by West Mall seven, a little bit to the east, and again if you'd like tickets for breu Haha October ninth. Get all the details now at Reachliteracy dot org. Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis Gold IRA dot com retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldra a dot com