Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast, recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies. We will go from the ER six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Unis right to you. I'm the Man without Fear.
Speaker 2: Chris, I'm the nerve with the mouth.
Speaker 1: David Alliance A Symbol Volume two hundred and forty five. David, We've seen, We've seen footage filmed at two different kind of cons We're wondering when is it finally gonna happen. We're literally over less than two months away. Tonight we get to talk about an officially released trailer for Daredevil Born Again. I cannot tell you how excited I am. What a week, What a week.
Speaker 2: It's when the news dropped that this was happening, and then when it finally said, no, it is happening. Here's the exact time it's happening. I literally just set everything aside. I go, you know what. And for those of you who know me and Brent worked together, so Brent and I were like, we are having one of our conference calls. We reserved a meeting area. We sat in there and we watched it three times in a row.
Speaker 1: Yes, we got a fifth of Jack already in the chat left one stream with Chris. Yes, I was just on near make condition. We were doing a breakdown of our Evergreen DC events. So they're still talking right now. And but yeah, check it out. It's a lot of fun. Gave my votes in there, and yeah, he's got to do finish his homework one last time for Young Avengers. And we've got a curveball to throw at shift for the new combook Club, a fifth Jack. You will find it very timely. So, but how was your week, David? Outside of this amazing trailer?
Speaker 2: Uh it, outside of this has been a busy week, But it hasn't been bad busy. It's just been busy, busy, like work has kept me constantly moving. I have Uh it is Thursday night. I've already put in fifty one hours of my work week and I still have a little bit more to go. But it hasn't been bad. We also have a new cohort for me at work, another person who specializes in audio visual to work within our tech department, so I've been kind of training him and it's just been interesting. Because it's been so long since I've trained a new employee, so I'm just like trying to go through the motions. Buther than that, it has been not bad, but the Daredevil information just makes it so much better?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: That tip of the hat again? Going into the week where like a it's a slow news week, and then they dropped this gym on us.
Speaker 1: I think I was literally probably an hour before that dropped. It was dropped. I said, I don't know if for having a show this week, we got we got kind of nothing right now. Yeah, so Julia is excited that criminal becomes the mayor of the biggest city in America, only only only in this society. Yes, it's it's been amazing, absolutely amazing. David knows. I've got I've received some news this week. I'm not going to talk about it on air at that point. If you know me, you know you know, at that point, if you know me well enough that you know how to contact me, message me, I'll be happy to tell you. It's just not news I'm going to be talking about. But it is good news. It is outstanding news and just very very blessed. It's been a very good week and it's been a very good couple of days. So uh but yeah, this it's you know, it's every life is good. Life, life is amazing, So I can't always focus on the bad stuff going on in the world, right, Yep.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that we both have those little lights with everything else going on in the world, in society and everything else, that we have those little anchors to you know, bring us back in yep.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, so let us get through the show plugs so we can start breaking down this trailer for you. Also, we are part of the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show notes blow and subscribe to the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at Guaypod Networks, you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our way, we've got two tiers, our dollar tiers, our tip jart we want to say, hey, we think you're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollar cheer with ad for episodes, early access episode and Patreon exclusive shows, including the two shows Brendon and I have done on the Patreon. We can watch this all day. The Infinity Saga rewatch, where we looked at all twenty four movies in the MC's first three phases, including Black Widow gave our reviews check that out, and including our recent wrapped up show Tales from the House of X where we looked at and reviewed our favorite movies from the Fox era of X Men. So that is all out there for you to listen to. We also have the DC Alliance guys doing their DC films through the years, and we've got Joe during his on the first and fifteenth of this of every month, breaking down, in chronological order, every single animated movie from the Disney Walt Disney Animation So he actually reviewed my favorite, one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. I know, well this spoiler wasn't wasn't necessarily his favorite, But I adore Sword in the Stone. I'm a King Arthur fan, and I adore Sword in the Stone. I adore Merlin that movie. Yes, he is right about He's right about a number of those things that are questionable about the movie, But I that is one of my favorites of all time. So check it out at that point, we want to thank our patrons. We can't do this, that's your support. But if you're not a member of our patron we totally understand if you can take thirty to ninety seconds and tate and rate and review us on now the marble lines. So we'll feed a Apple podcast, Spotify, Amazonies, we greatly appreciate it. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, Organic price Books dot Com for Omnibus hardcover collected ed is sh need JP at crude OPB. I've got immaculate customer service, excellent packaging, ships around the world, a little bit a little bit probably a couple of out, a couple of days left before locking in these pre orders on X Factor by Peter David, volume four, Spectactlor Spider Man by J. M. Davidteyas Omnibus got h you know reprints of Wolverine Goes to Hell, Lots of great stuff. Use that code Marvel guaA checkout to get two dollars off every single order. We want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right again, you know this was an interesting thing just because what we found. It's one of the it's one of those things where I'm very fascinated by how you know, when we saw these leaked trailers, and both of them are interesting, Like we got the SDCC one and we saw that was out there for a while. You know, it got taken down if you pick at the while, but we they kind of floated out there. Same thing with D twenty three. They allowed people. I don't think they purposely did, but it seemed like they were okay with it kind of being put out there, and so we were wondering, are we getting basically those two trailers mentioned to one, and instead we get parts of that, but we get basically an entirely new trailer that we have really not seen before. We may have seen aspects of it, like but we'll see the frank Castle scene that's there, that's that's been in all of them. But for the most part, this is i'd say about eighty five percent new stuff that we had not seen before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got bits and pieces originally, and like you said, it was odd, but I felt like it was free promotion for them to leave some of the leaked footage up as long as they did, because normally they are very quick to get that taken down if it comes out around you know, six seven o'clock at night live from the show. If you haven't watched it by nine or ten, good luck finding it by that point, because they're very good with taking that stuff down. A lot of these originally clips stayed up for almost a week on something and then to see yet it was. You got a few of those clips, but there was a lot of new stuff, and the overall mix of this was just amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, Julio and the chat Yes chips of Darski's reaction to the trailer. Check it out Chips of Darts for those that don't know and are Marvel chips. Darski is an outstanding writer, both independent labels and for Marvels. Done some greats to work with Spider Man. He had recently a wrapped up run in the last you know number of years with Daredevil. That part of this uh uh series is taking homage from as well. So and yep Oamar Damson's glad it wasn't the New York Comic Con trailer. Hey, I'm just glad we're getting it, you know, you know, it's one of those things where so all right, you know, let's let's start breaking it down. So for those of you that don't, they're watching it at that point in order for us non typically Disney, you know, usually is pretty good when it comes to reviewers. They don't do too many copyright strikes. But we're not about stem Fate, so we're not going to be doing audio and we're not doing full screen or anything like that. So we're just gonna kind of talk through it at that point. But Daredevil Born Again, you know, the title not only refers to the Frank Miller storyline from the comics, but it also is a tip of the hat to Daredevil coming back home really more so than ever before. Being mc U canon, you know, people can say what they want. We've talked about it in the show many times. You know, they're saying Netflix, the Netflix shows are cannon to the mc Well, you know, there there was always questions, you know, they did they did these winks and nods, but it never felt fully in you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's good to see them fully embraced by this point with the not quite continuation, continuation, the nods to it. I mean, even in the trailer you have so many things that allude to the original. I'm glad to see this a part of the fold because it was an amazing show and it deserves its accolades, And hopefully this trailer prompts people to go back and do a rewatch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all in the game, saying encouraging that Justin Benson and Aaron moorehead from Loki season two and to Moonnight episodes, were brought in to show run this daredable show alongside uh, Dario, I'm gonna butcher. That's Scarta Paine who worked on the Netflix Spunis show. Oh yes, yes, yes, like they when they pivoted back to what the what made the show great during the strikes at that point, that was one of the best decisions they do it, and we can see it in this trailer. Every little aspect of says, oh, we're We're it. I don't need it to be. If they're gonna be as close to the Netflix show as they want without crossing whatever line they don't want to cross, that's fine. But right now this trailer gives me so much hope and so much excitement. All right, so let's start this. So we open with you know, look, you know, close to a hallway scene, you know, getting there. We get Matt taking down. What we're gonna see is our main one of our main antagonist villains for this is the character villain Muse. This this character and Daredevil is in his dark red suit from the Netflix show and Muse is a character that was created by Charles Soul and it considers himself an artist in the comics. He once took a blood of one hundreds of victims and used it to create a giant mural. Music is gonna be very creepy, probably one of the most creepiest villains that Daredevil has ever had. So we see Matt and you know, King fin Wilson Fist talking in there, and you know what we'll see later in the trail going back to Muse, he's painting an anti Fisk mural and I'm wondering, do you think, you know again, are we going to get fists? Really? Do you think we're gonna get the anti vigilante Fisk in the beginning of the show or do you think it's gonna be something that they're gonna leave us for heading into next season.
Speaker 2: I think we are going to get a parody version who is using vigilanteism as his way to grab power. Using the the divisiveness of hate to galvanize voters to his way. So I think that there will be some parody to real world events in that aspect of you know, for him himself, elf It, his hatred of vigilantes come from somewhere else, and his back and forth respect but hatred for deor devil will be one thing. But his outward to what he gives his constituents in the platform that he's running on and how he rises the power is going to be that outward hate against.
Speaker 1: Those No, it's going to be very interesting. So this diner that they're in, h this is a diner that was featured actually in the previous series. This is where Matt and Electro met in season two, episode six. This is the same diner. Now we kind of get it, you know, we see Wilson kind of We're going to hear that a lot. Where Wilson's going to be, you know, cracking his fists or you know, twitching at different points, you know, and when he starts twitching like he is, that's when he's getting that feeling, that violent impulse, and you're gonna see him where look at those cuplings. Now, do you remember what why those couplings are very important to Wilson.
Speaker 2: So his couplings has that that family ties from. And I thought it was very interesting watching the whole time. I found myself watching, like write the scene that Chapaul is on right here, watching his hands more than anything, because, like you said, the the anger, the aggression, you can tell where even in his calm demeanor, he is trying to keep the demon at base, so to speak. He's trying to keep his his angry half from showing so and I felt like they did a great job with his stoic nature but still showing that that dark side to him underneath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those those couplings that he's not gonna be like his father. He doesn't commit violence for violent sakes, but he does. He just commit violence a lot of this trailer, and he ends up hating himself for it. And you know, as they're talking, we see this kind of flash and now we don't know where this is necessary. It is a flashback to something in the past, or flashes something that's gonna be happening in the show. But we see him fighting invaders in this underground looks like an art gallery, looking like maybe his private collection because we do see the rabbit in the snowstorm picture or the painting, We're gonna see it pop up again. Now, this has very big meaning for him because this is what he would stare at when he met Vanessa and he bought she bought He bought it from her in the gallery and because it reminded him of the wall. He would stare at in order because it would soothe him and bring him and bring him some sort of peace. And we will see later on that blood spatter that was given to him. You know that Matt basically got when he hit him at the end of season three. The blood spatter is still on there and it's still remaining on it. I love that that that is still there, and.
Speaker 2: That just goes to like I said, the nods to the Netflix without overtly saying, this is a continuation. You've got the nods in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you said, you're watching the hands. I like it how Vincent Andafria I was Will played by Wilson fists still amazing already in this role. Again, It's not entirely unpleasant to see you again. Like you said, look at his hands. He's he's he's he wants to do something yep, Marvel Television. All right, I am a big I was. I was a social studies teacher, you know, in my first career. But I love symbolism. I love you know again, I read comics everything. The fog, the shadow of Wilson Fisk is now over this city, you know. And he says a lot of time has passed, you know, which has a lot of different meanings, you know, like when the last season ended, and that we later find out Matt has not been a vigil Matt has not been Daredevil for a time, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's it gives the feel that after the ending of season three, after defeating Fisk again and sending him back to prison at the end and taking down Bullseye, he decided to walk away from the game and stay walked away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And and the other thing about this, this idea of the fog and Wilson coming over, it's he has created now an environment, Wilson Fisk now being mayor that they referred to is there really is sure anymore that the lines between right and wrong are blurred when a convicted felon becomes mayor, you know, yeah, you know, he talks about Matt. Look you've come up in the world. We see Foggy, we see we see him now kind of reunited. We know we ended the last season of Netflix as Daredevil with Foggy and Karen and Matt reconciling at that but but now we're really seeing like, yeah, they're there.
Speaker 2: They all look happy, they look together.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, again, we'll see later. I know Karen and Matt are not together, you know, they're they're just friends. We see that he has a he has a new girlfriend that will be coming up at that point, and.
Speaker 2: You know she Hulk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not she Hulk, you know, you know that's that's that's for fun on the side. I guess he's and he says, I could see the same about you. So we see looks like probably New Year's Eve mayor Fist speaking to them at that point. And there's a lot of different kind of little Easter eggs here. You do see an ad for Rogers the musical right here. Of course, you know, we see also an ad for we Get Pim Dying Pim Van Dyne Tech billboard, referring to the company that was created in a Man three. We also see the ad right above Rogers and musical again again we can't load up necessarily for Harlem's Paradise with a quote from Luke Cage telling him how good it is Harlem's Paradise. Now we this is a callback to the final season of Luke Cage season two. That was the club run by Mariah and cotton Mouth that Luke Cage took over, and all we saw at the end of the season was him basically looming large and there we did not know where Luke Cage was going that you know, what path was he going to go down? And man, it's always frustrating ending for that season, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it and it's good to see again the shoutouts to the Defenders and everything that they had going going together to So to just have that nod, whether we see full on Luke Cage in the show or not, where we go with that, having that, not tim having that nod to the Defenders is a nice little touch.
Speaker 1: It is. And so, you know, King Pina's mayor in the comics to assume the ultimate power of the city but also prove that he can succeed as a legitimate person. But just like in the comics, just like in this show, I guarantee you. It's like Matt says, I have a trouble believing that you're not having some ulterior motives to do this, you know, like he'll say in just second, Mayor serves the cities that Kevin hard to believe that you're not gaming the system, you know.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I want to look at this, this picture that this is, you know, muse is kind of altering two faces of Wilson. Don't tell me that's not like purposely there Wilson being two faced, you know.
Speaker 2: No, definitely. I was feeling he is going to be the one who is trying to wave the flag at you know, this is the guy that you elected in support, but this is who he really is. The anti vigilante part of it is not all he's trying to be.
Speaker 1: So you can't shake ex BacT your game in the system. Oh yeah, And that was a line that that was one of my most shocking things as a way to be why did you stop becoming excuse me what?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I like stopped the stop the presses and he says a line was crossed, and we kind of get this flash of his helmet falling down with one of the horns missing. Gotta love that. It looks like a d Now we will be revisiting this right here. This is a scene that is kind of put out of order, but based on what's going on here now in the comics, you know, uh mayor mayor fist. At that point, Matt does beat up a guy who has a medical condition, and that guy ends up dying from his injuries. Matt turns himself in, he stops being Daredevil for a time. So this may be then trying to illusion that, but I mean, let's be honest, Like, there's been a lot of people Matt had I don't think inadvertently killed. But the fact of the line is there's a difference between inadvertently and intentionally causing someone to die versus he crossed a line. So I don't think he's just going to like stopping Daredevil because of an accident. He's stopping becoming Daredevil because, like he said, he crossed some sort of line that he can't rationalize anymore. Yeah, you know, it's that Catholic guilt that he has.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing that I'm wondering if if this is a situation where he went too far on someone who didn't deserve it. Yeah, when he's fighting Bullseyre, he's fighting King Penn, you know that there's that level of intensity. But if you're fighting just a normal smugger or some sort of street thug, he didn't have to go that far. And now, yeah, they if you've read a lot of Jaredevil, then you know that catholic guilt gets met every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like I said, we're going to see another scene where this kind of lines up, where we see Daredbil throw Bull's Eye through that window it's Josie's bar and then cut to the helmet falling and see broken glass, bloody playing cards everywhere. That maybe maybe Daredevil took down bulls Eye once and for all, because we do know, we do know we are going to see Bullseye don his iconic costume in this show. That that that that is that we are going to see that, So that that's gonna be kind of cool. I think we're not gonna have Coln Ferrell carving the uh, even though that did happen in the comics. That did happen, you know, so all right, so moving forward with it, it's hard to come to terms of our own violent nature. Man you know, we see that, we see uh, you know, just Matt holding a body on the train tracks. All right, so this fight here, this is this is necessarily I think this is where we are seeing hector Iola and you know, a k White Tiger who he's going to be defending. We see Matt getting the cruc kicked out of him. You know, he he is not daredevil anymore, and he is out of practice. And we see our first look at you know who. You know, the show never named officially bulls Eye. But who is he named in the show.
Speaker 2: That's a Benjamin dex Point Dexter.
Speaker 1: That at that point, not Pules I remember scotten up and he was never named officially, but Bullseye in the show, remember that? So yeah, so he is he is back at that point. Now. White Tiger is a character that in the comics it's it's been an ambulance been passed down for generations and grants them basically a lot of different powers. At that point, you need super strength, fighting powers, things like that. You know, Matt says the city can't go and checked and that signals he needs to return, you know. But we see this kind of bank robbery taking place and what do you think is this the moment that don't just love it saying I may not be Daredevil whatever, you really have no idea who you're messing with right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that is that stoic confidence of you know what. I can just stand here because there's nothing you can do. I can anticipate your heartbeat before you pull the trigger. I know everything you're gonna do before you do it, and I know I can take you down in an instant. So you want to play, let's play.
Speaker 1: You want you want to get nuts? Come on, let's get let let's get nuts. Played a little game called You're around and find Out. So the Devil's work And here's another thing, like Matt walking away in this crowd. Everye's celebrating the fires behind him. He's lily walking through hell itself because Wilson Fisk is now mayor of his city. The Devil's work is never done walking down, but sometimes the peace needs to be Sometimes peace needs to be broken. Interesting, this is Matt and his new new uh, you know, getting a little hot and heavy there with his new girlfriend. Chaos isn't soon. Hey, there's our first real close up look at Mews. Just creepy as I'll get a very comic accor. They did a dark good job capturing Mews at least the look of it.
Speaker 2: Oh Vanessa, yep, So.
Speaker 1: We get our first return of our Vanessa. And there is the the infamous painting with the blood splatter right there. They're dining in front of it. And here we go. Frank there he is there. He is officially confirmed on this show thanks to my my co host Brent at that point, having having mister John Byrne. I'll tell Marvel Lines that he isn't was indeed back, I was an exclusive from Marvel Lions lean jumm, Let no one tell you otherwise. Here with the scoops sniff, here we are Scooper Madness, Live and veh But yeah, see Matt yelling get Frank and ask him to drop the hatchet? Aka can they bury the hatchet? So wonder where Frank's been all this time? What do you think was he was? He blipped? Did he get dusted? We know, Matt didn't you know?
Speaker 2: I don't think Frank got dusted. I could see Frank being a survivor who, given his other trauma, just breaks even more.
Speaker 1: Hm. That could be that very much could be so to how many episodes do you think we're getting with mister Castle.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping for at least three.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yep, I would like that. I would like that. Remember, you can't protect your women read. I was raised to believe in Grazer's Karen Page. Okay, So we've got new cast member joining it, so that individual is let me make sure.
Speaker 2: We got this right, Michael, Mike Gandelfini.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael Gandalfini's son of famous son at that point from James Gandelfini. He is playing a character by the name of Daniel Balda, and I am guessing that is the code name that is going to be Wilson. Fisk's son, who is a plays has been playing a very pivotal role since his reintroduction in the Daredevil series.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I can definitely see that when I saw him, when I saw this scene in the trailer, that's instantly what I thought was that Vanessa's returning with his son, and we are going to see more of this again. We don't know exactly how much time has passed between the last time they fought. We also know that Vanessa went away for a while yep, So.
Speaker 1: Matt kicking butt. Okay, we get our first kind of look at the white tiger costume with the pendant. Yep, with de pendent. Look at I was also raisors, Matt. I was also raised. Okay, So Matt's kind of retraining because again we don't know how long he's been without a vigilant, but he's gone out of practice. So he is going to be kind of out of step, and he's going to be you know, maybe not pulling the Bruce Wayne. I'm going to put a like Brason and therefore miracle of science. I don't know, we have knee problems at that point, but retraining himself with the Billy club, you know, and retraining his body to believe in retribution. All right, look at all these lovely helmets, and you know, interesting enough, I want to point this out. Our two questions are freak basically are asking the same thing. I find that fascinating, And they both were asked on two different social platforms. So bravo gentlemen this week. All right, So the first one could be one of two things. That could be the Man Without Fear Armor or the twenty twenty three comic one where he has been purified. The next one is the new helmet, the yellow one is obviously from she Hulk, and the next one is the Shadowland suit, and the last one is his Netflix costume.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we've got all these different versions. Again. I like the fact that we have a nod to the old Netflix show, like the fact that we have a nod to the Shee Hulk costume. So, and I'm very anxious to see if at any point we get the full shadow Land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're pulling back. There we go, getting crazy, getting nuts, getting back into the swing of things. Feels good to be back. Matt slamming everyone to the ground, screaming, yelling, and I got a love like when listen to it again, like they have the theme, they've done something a little different with the theme, but that that is the Netflix Daredevil theme with a little kind of twist on it. Yes, So Daredevil born again March fourth. That is a Tuesday. I am very happy about that because not saying you know it gives me more time to rewatch it, more time to build this show. And I love and thank you Disney for putting this on the on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. You know this might be. This is probably gonna start bumping up against and or season two, which I think is also supposed to be releasing on Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'm excited for the Tuesdays mainly because, with the exception of the nights when I have the board meetings, Tuesdays are my free night, so I have no wrestling, know anything else going on. It's perfect. And then I don't have to rush my rewatch because my first watch is always my enjoyment watch, my second watch is my notes watch, and then if I have enough time, I try and get a third rewatch in sometimes, but this at least allows me. I've got plenty of time I can sit and actually enjoy without feeling like, all right, I gotta get this in right here, right now. So you know, nights when I have the board meeting and I don't get home until nine nine thirty, again, I've got the time. I'm not in any rush. So I'm very much excited for the change to Tuesdays.
Speaker 1: Yep, I fifth of Jack. I will be watching the Netflix show No to prep as much as I can. Yeahn't. I've never really finished my full rewatch because it's one of those things that other things come up, and I said, I'm one of those people. I've seen it so many times if it never gets old, So if I don't finish it, I'm not you know, it is what it is. Mari Daniels, I hope Matt has Jennifer Walter's on speed dial for that backup. How great would it be? All Gains says, how great would it be to get organic cameos from all the defenders by the end of the season. I mean David's David's hoping for it. Then we already, I mean we basically. Charlie Cox did confirmed that around the time that the season premiere is there will officially be filming season two. So I wonder if they're going to keep is it going to be dared toil Born against season two or they're just gonna be kind of a new like title for that. So we just know it's going to be season two of whatever Daredevil this is going to be. Julia saying, I wonder what is Fish's agenda? Well, again, a lot of us are just kind of going off of what they do in them, what he's done in the comics, this anti vigilante platform. I'm of the idea that it's going to be towards the end of the season where it's going to be down that pathway. I think he's going to use whatever happens with Matt and Muse, Frank Castle coming back. We already seen set photos of him, Frank being back in full punish your costume. I think it's gonna be kind of a end of season one. That is what season two is going to be focused on. So it's gonna be the rise of Fisk and seeing exactly is he really gone legit?
Speaker 2: So yeah, with Matt confronting Frank and saying put the hatch down. I do wonder if Muse will meet up with Frank before he meets up with Daredevil and an altercation will happen with them with some collateral, and that will spark everything because I could see Frank being the I don't care who's watching take someone down, and Matt is coming in to say, hey, you took it too far. Look at the heat on us, and then you are what is allowing Wilson fists to rise the power? Do you not see what.
Speaker 1: You just did? Yeah, all the games say that's silly. One should be on Tuesday and the other should be on Wednesday. I think we're all in agreement of that. It's not even about competition, it's just like, what is this stranglehold on, like like putting these shows like Disney Plus is not necessarily putting out like like everything has to be on this particular day, like spread it out. It's okay. Let everyone have their own sent and it doesn't have to be like this is Star Wars Tuesdays. Row was gonna be Star Wars Day, MC is gonna be was day. It is what it is. It's it's a day in between. It really honestly doesn't matter in that sense. But yes, I'm with you on that one. All in the game. Give one one their their time to shine on that day the other one everyone gets to enjoy it because depending on my you know, obviously I'm gonna defer to Daredevil first because of this show, and in all i'sdy I love and or Daredevil still beats it. Sorry, it's it's not even close.
Speaker 2: I have to agree. I thoroughly enjoyed and or thoroughly enjoyed it. It had some amazing story beats and like two very very great episodes, but pound for pound, Daredevil's taking it for me. And it's a situation where I mean, you guys are all reporting to these same people, so you know when all of this is coming out, Yes, you can spread it out, especially in an error where those twenty four hour matrix of views and clicks and things like that matter. You're looking at how many views you get, You're looking at your social media content, You're looking at you know, the reactions and things like that. That twenty four hours matters. So spread them out so that each can have its moment in the spotlight to be able to have that social media standing, have that conversation piece, or get their views.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, but I don't know, we'll see exactly they can. They can always move. They can move, you know, daredev We already know that dates out, But they could always move to Star Wars date if they wanted to, since it's coming out later. It's it that just makes sense people again. Anyways, all right, we're gonna take our ad Brik, We're gonna take our next a break before we get our kind of single news item. So listeners need to ads help keep the lights on the Geegles mid Alliance network. We don't get to choose what ads come on and they can be a bit loud. So give you that three account before they come on three two one. We'll be right back, and we are back, all right. So we had one news item, and if we didn't have the trailer, this news item would not necessarily lead our show at that point. Oh, mister Snell's in the chat. Hello, mister Snell, But do you like Ando more than Secret Invasion? Really, that's an actual question. I think you already know that absolutely Secret Invasion. Yeah, yes, go say it over and over again. The funniest episode, in my opinion, that this show has ever had. Go back and listen to brenton I's review of the final episode of Secret Invasion. It is the most most brutally honest Brent and I have ever been in the most disappointed and angry about how bad that that episode was. So but we enjoy it because it's looking bad. It's funny.
Speaker 2: This must be a scroll and post version of Snell, because I know the real mister Snell is at home recovering and so and he would ask such an asinine question. So either this is a scrolling pasta or that brain injury.
Speaker 1: Could it be Pan solo stealing his account? It could be solo. Ooh, I don't know, mister snell I don't know is if snell Or is a Pan solo. I'm not sure. I'm not sure about that. All the games Secret Invasion will never be mentioned again by the Yeah they're gone, so all right. So the single news item, which was an interesting one at that point, for onto Here to reprise Iron Man role in Marble's Vision series for Disney Plus. So for onto Here, who appears will be appearing in the Vision Quest show, the WandaVision spin off for Disney Plus. The sources confirmed to Deadlines this is an exclusive coming from Deadline to hear will reprise his role as the villainous Raza, leader of the terrorist organization the Ten Rings, who tried to kill Tony Stark in the original Iron Man movie. Details has always are scares for the new project, but as we have previously reported, the Marvel's Vision spinoff has been in development at Disney Plus since twenty twenty two and was picked up to series in May. It is believed to be centered on Vision as he tries to regain his memory in Humanity after Thanos killed him in an Infinity War. Vision returned in twenty twenty one's vand Division. In addition to Betny returning to his role, he has played three Marvel in three Marvel films. In WandaVision, James Spader will also be reprising his role as Ultron. Todd Staswick will also appear in a nondisclosed role, and, as we have also covered on the show, star Trek Picard Egg Secutive producer Terry Mettalis will serve as showrunner of the series. I'm just I don't know what to make of this because I don't know where this connects.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought he was dead.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean dead is dead until we have a great story to bring anyone back. At that point, we did see a body, but you know it was I thought so too, because well, no, we didn't see a body in this one. Technically we didn't see a body because yes, Obad I is staying kind of froze him and then he had the people go in and shoot up the shoot up everything at that point. But we never saw his body. So no, so we should always assume we don't see a body. They're never dead. He may be looking a little worse for wear with a lot of bullets in him, but.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't, like I said, I don't know how this connects. I don't know if they are just bringing him back or are they bringing the Tin Rings? Is a hold back? Like where are we going this?
Speaker 1: We already know that, you know, you know, we don't know where's shunk Chi is these days because we're going to delay movies left and right. So those credits.
Speaker 2: That goes to beg for a different question, like why bring in the leader of a sect of the Tin Rings if you are not going to make some sort of nod or announcement towards shunk Chi, Like, since it is so embedded in that story, it would kind of it fell off to me to have this organization mentioned, and you don't nod to the previous mentions that we've already have and established.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I outside of yes, Tony and Bruce creating vision, all right, so Tony putting memories in there. I don't I don't know this. This is my first one of these things, Like I don't understand this is It's it's not like who it's not even a question of who asked for this. It's just like I don't like I can understand Ultron coming back that makes sense to me, totally makes sense. This one, I don't know. I'm not seeing it right now, doesn't mean they can't create it. And again I have full faith. I've said it before, Terry Mettalis is an amazing show reunner. His his his catalog of stuff he's worked on speaks for itself in quality. So I have faith in this one. But this one is just like this casting is like, okay. I mean I like the actor for what he did in the role, and I like him and what he's done in the past for his other roles, but this one I just don't know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this isn't a situation where I'm like, uh, not this character, but it is, Oh, this, this is where we're going with this. Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the games saying any possible time with shung Chi post credits scene, do we even know if that really does apply anymore? Because that I don't know. My original theory, my original theory technically could stand for that. My theory has been for that as a communication coming out out there to Galactus. That's been always my thing is that it was summoning at that point. But it's playing a long game all a game saying, what's the plan for White Vision to be part of the Avengers? Uh, probably the West Coast Avengers. Maybe you never know, so, but yeah, we're just have to see I like hearing more and more stuff talking about Vision Quest at that point, if that's what we're gonna be calling it. But we're just gonna have to see exactly what's going on. So all right, but that is the single news item we've got for this week, So let us get into our feedback section. So, Amari Daniels, Anthony Dorsey, gentlemen, you literally asked the same question, and I only think you realized it at that point. I'm gonna read both your questions because you're both asked the same thing. Mari asked. Omari asked on Twitter, Anthony, I believe with either on Blue I think it was Blue Sky. He asked this, So Amari said, Matt has a lot of helmets in the trailer. Can he tell which helmet is which color? I hope we get a scene of him making in mismatching helmets and suits. Anthony Dorsey, he asks, now that we know Daredevil has a lineup of different outfits, do you think he's ever gone out in mismatch suit and cal since he doesn't know which what color any of them are. All right, gentlemen, I do appreciate the humor and the idea of seeing mismatch Daredevil. However, I will point to you this, and we even saw it in the show. But you know, in when Ben Affleck Daredevil movie did this, even in Uh with Charlie Coxy did this, there is brail on those helmets that tells him which is which, just saying.
Speaker 2: Yes, and not only is there brail on the helmets that's gonna be nobvious giveaway. Some of those helmets are differentferent textures, different styles, different weights, and someone of Matt's training who can recognize that so easily can touch it and be like, all right, this is the silver helmet, this is the yellow helmet, just based upon the texture the feel, because just like with Batman or some other superheroes with their various costumes, they have different costumes for different reasons. So he's not going to put on a heavily armored silver helmet and then put on his regular.
Speaker 1: But I I, like I said, gentlemen, I I that's just funny at that point. I mean again, I would would he go out there mismatch. You know, I'd find it a funny blooper at that point, it'd be good. But yeah, one, it's funny that you both had based on the same question that that's really interesting. But yeah, I'm pretty sure besides that you pointed out David Texter, he still can feel but the putting brail on that to ensure that he knows which is which. That's something that he's done in the show, he's done in the movies, he's done in the comics. So but it is interesting that he keeps him up there because what kind of it's like Batman? Which shoot am I going to wear today? So but thank you, thank you guys for asking those questions, as I always keep them coming in all right, Factor Fiction. So what we did since last week we did our predictions for twenty twenty five. Each of us picked one of those to be Factor Fiction for this past week. So number one, at least one more original Avenger will be confirmed for Avengers Doomsday this year. I believe this was yours, David eighty five percent said fact, fifteen percent said fiction. Number two. This was mister Snell. Andrew Garfield will officially be announced for Spider Man for this year, eighteen percent said fact, eighty two percent in fiction, So they are not buying that one, mister Snell, And the last one was mine. The collective box office of them this year will reach one billion dollars, but no single MCU movie will reach one billion. This was fascinating me. Sixty percent said fact, forty percent said fiction. So it's it's one of those things, like, are they saying fiction in the sense of not reaching the premise of the whole thing, saying MEMPC will not reach a billion dollars? Or do they think that one of those movie one movie will reach a billion dollars. Josh Green did put a comment to it, s and I'm confident F four will reach a billion. Josh, I applaud you your confidence to that one. I don't think any all three of us do not have that same confidence right now.
Speaker 2: That is lofty, lofty idea to say that. But yeah, I there's not a scenario where I see any of those movies reaching a billion at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I'll be happy if it does. That'll be amazing, you know, But right now, without even seeing a first trailer, I'm not saying I'm saying right now, not right now. So all the games saying before the Marvels MCU was a on a six movie streak of one hundred million domestic opening weekends, will be tough, but fantastical. I see what you did. They're fantastic for all three twenty twenty five moves to continue that streak following Deadpool movering, Yeah, I mean it would be great. It's just right now. As we talked about last week and talked about before, a lot of us are very cautious and not cautiously optimistic about the performance for Brave New World. We want it, I really want it because I like the idea of what I've seen in it. But it's just like there's a lot of scuttle but going on in that movie behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, with everything that I've heard that has happened behind the scenes, the rewrites, the reshoots, and then, like I said, I want Anthony mcke to be successful. I want Sebastian stand to be successful. I want this movie to be near where the other Captain Captain American movies have been. I just feel in my guts, due to multiple circumstances, that it will fall short of that mark.
Speaker 1: So all right, so Factor Fiction right now, oh, all in the game saying fact Cap four right now has an eighty five to ninety five opening weekend forecast. Okay, all right, you know seven Julio saying seven hundred million for the MC is fine. Yeah, again, it's it's not one of those things that Again it's just my prediction at that point. We've got three movies coming out. If one of them crosses five hundred million, which is very possible, and the rest of them kind of go half of that at that point. Yeah, I still win, and I'm playing to win, you know, you know, apparently getting a half right at that point. You know, mister Stell can't be beat at that point. So we're we're we're not playing Havesi's so all right, So it's my week up for Factor Fiction. So here we go. I made it all Daredevil theme, you know, because big surprise. All right. First one, we will see the return of the Defenders, not necessarily in this season, but we are going to see that a return of the Defenders, not necessarily the original, but the team will reform and as a result of you know, the street level MC characters coming back. Do you think the Defenders are coming back at some point in our in the MC's lifetime.
Speaker 2: As somebody who has stated in a Factor of fiction about at least two cameos from major Defenders players, I am going to go fact on this. I want it. It might be a newer lineup, which I'm okay with. I think it will still be the Defenders.
Speaker 1: Yep. I want it to happen. I would love to see again. I'm going to will it to happen with Colleen Wing coming in as Iron Fist, bring her back, making the Iron please, dear Lord Hat, make it happen. Kevin Figy, Let's make him out. Let's do it. You know it's the right move, all right. Next one, get a little sad. Get a little sad. Karen and or Foggy will not survive the first season of Daredevil Born Again.
Speaker 2: Straight facts.
Speaker 1: Who do you think fighting the big one?
Speaker 2: Karen?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going Foggy.
Speaker 2: Uh, Foggy look too happy and too healthy in that picture, Like you don't get in that incredible shape, you know, clean up the beard and start looking like you've been hitting the peloton just for you to be taken out on episode five.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, that's what happens. You want to gutt that, and again, Matt's got like madd and Peter Parker have a lot in common. Madd has Murdoch luck, Peter has Parker luck at that point, meaning they have no luck. They cannot be happy for a long period of time.
Speaker 2: I am thinking, thinking that Karen's gonna bite it, and Karen is gonna bite it while Matt is entangled with his new love, he is gonna miss a caller message and that Catholic guilty is gonna come right back, that he couldn't save a soul, can't.
Speaker 1: Protect women read can't protect women? All right? Final one. And you're gonna laugh at this because in my conversation with Brent yesterday he told me something of something he was considering for a factor fiction. I said, shut the front door. I literally wrote that today, literally wrote it. Maybe not Forbada, but pretty darn close. So here it is Daredevil Border again will lead into at least one spinoff project from this season. Oh you know he told that to you this week.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go back on this one as well. And it is a want more than anything else, like my want of it and my hope for it especially like, give me more Punisher, give me more Defenders, give me something else spinning out of this. I will take it. I want it to happen. I want this world to continue to build. I want this street level world to continue to build for two reasons. Number one, I love what they did with the Netflix show and those characters. And number two, there are so many other characters that I know Marvel will probably want to bring in but aren't necessarily fit for the big screen. If this is successful, then you can again continue to have more avenues, to have that gritty street level with various heroes that we can get back. So I'm all for it, please please please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm one hundred percent fact on this one. It would be one of those where it's going to come out there at that point, and you know we're all expecting Punisher at that point, even you know Punisher start, but we're gonna We're gonna build this street level universe again within the proper ensue. None of these like hints towards it, all the games saying would have loved Echo to have made her debut on this show, then get her spinoff afterwards, and I can definitely see that you know, if rumors are to be believe that, you know, Matt and Daredevil were supposed to have more of a bigger role in Echo season one, and then that was quickly scrapped, whether as a result of the strikes, things like that change. You know, at that point, we got what we got. I'm thankful for what we got, but I also really liked the idea of if the other rumor is true, of how Echo was going to be leading into Daredevil even more than what we got with Wilson fists hearing about the you know, the Mayor Oal race, her showing up in New York, meeting Matt again and looking and started out, I thought that would be even better too. So yes, but all right, so I will post those as always on Sunday afternoon to let your voices be heard on that. David, it is time to talk about a little bit of closing out finally, Young Avengers. So let us pull that up Young Avengers issue number twelve, the conclusion of this first first look at the at this team. So we left off with basically another crease grow war fighting over the determination of Hulkling. So yeah, a lot of great action sequence, a lot of great splash pass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we open up with an incredible shot of Cap holding a young Patriot who took a shot form to in the last issue. So this, this whole opening splash, this moment is just it's incredible with App holding Eli and Eli's struggling to whisper Cat's name. Do you see the action in the background of the New Avengers along with the Young Avengers fighting off the Crees and the Scrolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again it's it's a it's a big I just love all this is like pure summer Blockbuster. Let's get some big superhero action fighting everything. At that point, I love the interaction Wolverine has with you know, basically our our speedster, uh Tommy. At that point, it's it's really uh really fun. You know. Yeah, but uh we see Super Scroll trying to defend Hokling and trying to get the Scrolls to understand what's going on, and what do you think about this whole thing where you know, Hockling comes up with the idea of like, Okay, he's gonna spend part of the time with the Cree, part of the time with the Scrolls, and part of the time on Earth. It's like we've got this like divorce happening at that point, and I love it. Wolverine figures it out, saying, it's the super Skull. You ought to be worried about it. I don't know what you mean. They cut the crap kid and said, how did you nose nose bub? So super Scroll is going to be portraying Tommy, so that Tommy, I mean, you're not Tommy, so that Hulkling can remain on Earth.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When they first started down the path of you know, okay, well we're going to end this mini war. We're going to settle this by he shall, the son of Marvel, shall spend half of the Earth year with the Cree and half with the Scrolls, and which time he will declare his ultimate allegiance. You know, you get six months with dad and then six months with mom, and then you get to decide who you want to live with, like a that hardly ever worked in real life. It definitely isn't going to work when you've got this superpowered being that these two races were willing to destroy Earth over so and then Yeah, Wolverine has had some hilarious moments throughout all of this. Like you said, his moments of telling uh the Speacher like you're you're kind of sick for wanting to destroy these guys, but I like it.
Speaker 1: And then the.
Speaker 2: Ye and then yeah, the nose, the nose, nose.
Speaker 1: I really don't see Logan ever saying something like that. That seemed like I was like, oh, I like it, but it's not something I don't think Wolverine whatever say. But yeah, we head into the hospital. Uh, Eli's getting a blood transfusion from his grandfather, Isaiah Bradley. So that's you know, if you continue on reading it, you'll you'll see things that happen with that. You know, the Avengers and the Young Avengers kind to some someonat of understanding, like you can keep telling us, we're not going to keep us form. You can continue trying to fight this, but we're going to be a team like it or not. And you know they you know, Jessica Jones gives you know, Kate Bishop the the bone arrow and the arrows for for Hawkeye, you know, at that point, and you know Captain Americas had to give it to her, and so she is she is now the Hawkeye. And you know, Hopling is burying his mom, even though not his mom out there, and so what happens now, Well, they've got a problem out there with an explosion, and apparently Speed shows up and saying what what what explosion?
Speaker 2: And it wasn't entirely my fault.
Speaker 1: It was entirely my fault. But you get the last page, the Young Avengers are out there and heading to it, and that is the conclusion of this first iteration of the series Young Avengers. I see if Jack saying he couldn't help it, but read another issue, good luck with it, good on your journey to continue on with Young Avengers. This is where Marvel Lines will be stepping off Young Avengers. But I mean all all what you know, I don't think this was your first time reading Young Avengers. It definitely was not mine.
Speaker 2: No, it was good to take a moment and go back over this and remember their intro for them as these characters progress. You know, after a while, I'd almost forgot about the HGH stuff with Eli, And you know, I loved the moment with Cap running to go save him and saying, you know, I'm going to give him my blood. It's the least I can do, and the response once he reaches the hospital saying, you know, us the original Super Soldier already beat you to it. Yeah, and seeing Eli hooked up with his grandfather and what that's going to lead into. I think the whole series was a great introduction for some characters and a good jumping off point for where they can go. And it was coming at the same time as the New Avengers and as this revamp was going, so it was a good story to pull you in and get you interested in some characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always good revisioned. This is a great series. The follow up the Children's Crusade, It's it's even It's brings a lot of answers to a lot of the questions we've been having. It's a great run. So if a jack, you're in for a real treat. But the question we've been we've been hinting around and we've been trying to figure out, is what are David and I are going to read next? Because this is our pick now listeners picking up Avengers, this is our pick. So I came up with an idea and I literally today at the time of recording, I messaged David and I said, I've got an idea to change up com book Club for this next one. Since it's our choice. We can have a little fun with it. And my proposal was, I'm not going to say what it is yet in the sense of what we're going to be covering, but looking at an entire not just arc, but a run from a writer, from a team, and doing that entire run. But you know, we're not going to do an issue by issue. We're going to spend each week looking at the arc of that run. So we're going to go through the entire run, but delving in arc. So it's going to be instead of one issue, it's gonna be sometimes between five to eight issues each week. And so what we decide we're going to do, and as I'm going to highlight myself as I pull up what we are going to do, make sure I know there we go. So what we are going to be covering is Daredevil by Charles so in honor of the series that's coming out March fourth, it is based on his run, a lot of it. So we are going to be looking at the entire Charles Soul run. So again we are not covering that issue by issue. We're going to be reading the arcs and each week we're going to be going where arcs. So next week we are covering the first five issues of the Charles Soul run. This is the twenty For those of you looking at Marvel Unlimited food do the digital at that point, look at Daredevil twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: It should be if you're on Marvel Unlimited, it should be right as you open up the app. The top choice for you. They as of this morning, it is the opening thing when you open up Marvel Limited to say, explore this series. Uh shows you, Daredevil says, featuring Mere Fisk and Muse Daredevil twenty fifteen, that is the run that you want.
Speaker 1: Yep, so yes, so, fIF Jack. It is unlimited at that point, so yes, so looking for the twenty fifteen run at that point, as David said, it's right their front and center. Message me fIF Jack if you're having some trouble finding it. But yes, we are going through the first five issues next week, and so little synopsis about it. Daredevil is back in black and back on his home turf as Matt Murdock begins a fresh new life once again. He may have returned to New York, but Matt's on a different side of the law now. He with a job in the District Attorney's office, and he finds his new career quite the challenge when he locks horns with local crime lord ten Fingers Duplicitus, founder of the Church of the Sheltering Hands. Could this be a job for Daredevil, fighting crime in the shadows, prosecuting bad guys in the light. It's a whole new chapter from The Man Without Fear, and it comes with a protege, Welcome to Hell's Kitchen blind Spot. You're about to find out what life with their devil comes with the happening and helping hand of ninjas after your blood. So so yeah, so it is something that you know because what the debate we had, I was happening with myself because it's just like we don't get to muse until issue eleven or twelve. He's introduced in an issue eleven at that point, and it's one of those where it's really hard, in my opinion, to pick up something in the middle where stuff's happened that is going to play into what's going on. So I figured this was fun. We're gonna try it out, see how we like this At this point. It gives us some a different way to look at it, but it also prepares us for the show, and I think it was It's going to be a lot of fun as we have now reread this to see exactly how it compares and what hints that they're going to be looking at in winks and nods, and how panel the screen they're going to be in which one they're just going to be you know, winks and nods too. So I'm excited about it.
Speaker 2: Like we talked about offline, there are Daredevil on the Netflix side did a good job of recreating moments and panels to give the reader that Leonardo dicaproo ha, I know that moment, and I'm looking forward to what they are going to take from this series and again won't be you know, exactly screened a page like shot by shot, but there will be those moments just like we had with Punisher and Daredevil on the roof and some other moments that you're just like, I recognize that scene. I recognize that moment, and it will be just interesting to see how they played out, how they use the cinematography, how they just adapt what we have read on page and give it a new breath of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so again, starting next week, Daredevil by Charles Soul the twenty fifteen run first five issues. We'll be looking at that, and I'm excited. I'm I wanted an excuse to kind of reread this run. I reread all of Daredevil, starting with Kevin Smith, starting with Frank Miller, all the way through Zadarski's run end of two years ago. And so it's you know, it's Daredevil. You don't have to sell me on anything to uh to have me rewady it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, when you suggested this, I was like, Yep, nope, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. So all right, so that uh, that concludes our episode for tonight. So uh, you know, thank you all for joining us, and David tell people how they can follow you.
Speaker 2: I am on All Socials at the Fantom and for the listeners of the Geek Person Network. I also co host a wrestling show called The Gimmick that is once a month, and sometimes you will pop in under big special events like we have the World Rumble coming up and some other things, so we'll pop in for that. But yep, find me on All Socials at the Phantom and all on the gig for Network on the Gimmick.
Speaker 1: Yep, all in the game did rap, and I'm thinking, I don't know if you're a fan, but Severn season two is finally back after almost three years. I tried Severn's got halfway through the third first season, and I was just like, I don't know if this is for me. So I am happy for everyone else that is interested in it. How about you, David.
Speaker 2: I have seen it. I know it exists, but I have never watched it, like I've heard mixed reviews. And with everything that i have going on in the TV sphere, I'm actually right now in the middle of a Defenders rewatch, so the entire thing. I just finished Jessica Jones season one and now I'm headed into Daredevil's season two. So you know, I've been pretty busy between three nights of wrestling plus all my Marvel stuff, plus we just wrapped up with a Star Wars show, and so it just has not made the cut of my viewing experience.
Speaker 1: Too many shows. But all the game, I'm happy for you. I'm happy for all of y'all that are interested in that show coming back, So good for you all. Yeah, you can follow me in all the socials at Chris Balgah, you can. You can watch see me again. Like I said, I just does on Near Mean Conditions DC event Evergant teams, So check it out. I thank you Omar for having me on there. You can see me on set this as always every Saturday on the Brave and the Boys channel, looking at the Organic price Books Buyer Weekly Buyer's Guide. And here's another plug. JP, the illustrious owner of Organic price Books, is doing a Ask Me Anything stream that myself and Mitch from the Omnibudy YouTube channel will be moderating. Uh, asking JP anything about what's going on. He's gotten, He's gotten, There's some changes coming in the business, some good stuff, some stuff people have been asking about at that point. So that'll be happening Monday night at seven o'clock on the Organic price Books YouTube channel. Mitch and I will be moderating that and so check that out. And you can follow this show on Twitter at marvel a Podcasts. You can email the show at Marvel linespodcast at gmail dot com. You can follow the Gegle Demin Aliance Network on Twitter at guapod Network. Feel free to tweet email for one to buy, feedback, ask questions. Dms are open across the Board Rate review Us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon, Mues, wherever you get your podcasts. Greatly appreciated. As always again use that code Marvel gua check out to if you're going through getting price books. We really appreciate it. As our official sponsor. Thank you all for listening, Thank you all joining us in the chat. They safe out there, everyone and a stand the man would say, excelsior, true believers. All right, David post credits discussion night reports and rumors coming from Scooper extraordinaire at many times definitely been hitting the mark more often than not. Late Daniel Rpky, he's been more about it than for a while.
Speaker 2: He's about fifty to fifty. He's moving back into that more reliable than not.
Speaker 1: Yep. Again, we all go through ebbs and flows at that point. But you know this is where we're not putting the main show put in post credits. So if you do not want to hear in these rumors of anything like that, that's fine. We'll see all next week. Full disclosure and spoilers in three to one. All right, So he has put out two ones right now related to the MCU Strange Academy has been given a green light by Marvel Studios, so it looks to be possibly a series following that compic run looking at basically Strange as kind of academy for the mystic arts with the kids. I've heard very positive things about the series. I have personally not read the series, so you know, what do you feel about this? Have you read Strange Academy at all?
Speaker 2: I've read two issues of Strange Academy. It didn't hook me as much as I wanted it to, but I do think that it has the potential to turn something out of a little bit it for the fact that it's focused on young students and different mystic arts and powers and things like that. Hopefully we can have something that is akin to what we just had with Skeleton Crew at Star Wars, where it you know, it has those moments where both adults and children can enjoy aspects of the characters and of the story and things like that. So that's what I'm hoping out of this. I always want every project to succeed in some way, So yeah, and if the first episode true good, it may go back in pick up some more issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I like this idea of bringing in some more diversity to you know that the catalog with it again Strange as a comic, it's very well praised. It is very well celebrated, you know, kind of like what David says, there's so much to read and watch. It's just something that you know, just I cut out. Now. The question is exactly what I do know about the series? You know, I don't foresee Benett Cumberbatch necessarily committing a full thing to this, but I do see you're gonna have Doctor Strange making some appearances, maybe wrong doing a little bit more in that one, but again the potential of it. Yeah, I'll give it. And I was always it gives us content, so sure, why not? Next one?
Speaker 2: Now, my hold on My only question about it is from the two issues that I remember. It does involve the Scarlet Witch, and it does involve man things. Are are are we getting? Like? How how close to comics are we going with this?
Speaker 1: If you're bringing me some man thing, let's go. Let's go that. You know, that's the unsung hero of wherel By Night? You know, So all right? Next one, Doctor Unfortunate News if true, Doctor Change three and Chunk Chi will not be filming until twenty twenty six, So.
Speaker 2: Not surprised, not surprised. Not surprised, mainly for the fact that I felt like both the where they were going with it was going to lead a lot into what was going on with Kang and his multiversal shenanigans and things like that. So if you're having to reverse course on all that, then you're going to have to reverse course on a lot of other things. So in the world of rewrites and coming up with new ideas and things like that, I can definitely understand why these have been pushedback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been That's been the most disappointing thing of that of this of this phase is that chunk Chi has not gotten the sequel by now, you know, as I really love that movie. I think it's an outstanding piece of Marvel. I'm glad it's there. I just think that it's been unfortunate that we the only other time we've seen chunk Chi is now an animation, and it's one of the things that Okay, doesn't mean it's not happening either one of them, but this might lead to my prediction about we're going we're getting some more announcements, because if they are not filming until twenty twenty six. It's's like, okay, well where does this all fit together? So we'll just have to see, but all right, we will catch you all next week. That'll be uh well, David, that'll be the week before spider Man Friendly Neighbor Spider Man comes out, so yeah, we'll see. Usually a week before things come out, maybe we'll get some interesting news. So all right, well y'all have a good Friday, good weekend. We will see you all next week. That all, lady, Yeah, m hm