Speaker 1: Everybody, Welcome to a new episode of IZ on Geopolitics. I'm here with Mick Molroy, Mark poly Moropolis, and Jonathan Hackett. I fired Jack Murphy. He upstaged me last week and I'm not happy about it at all. Uh, So he's gone and we'll never see him again. He started sharing the screen and ship. I can't multitask like that for you. While yeah, yeah, I just let you guys go. So yeah, a lot going on. Thanks Jack for covering. I mean, Jack will always be on the show at some points. It was a good show. It's fun to actually listen to it rather than like worry about hosting it. Like it was good to just turn it on and listen. Uh, pretty good podcast, I have to say.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: A lot happening as usual. I mean, there's so many things happening all the time. It's ridiculous, to be honest. Some stuff I want to cover today definitely the USS Abraham Lincoln and the controversy happening there. There was reports early this week that up to six guys jumped off. I don't know how true that is. It wasn't confirmed. We know one guy jumped off for sure, right, and they scooped him up, so supposedly the conditions are terrible on there. Obviously it probably are because they've been out two hundred and fifty days. I haven't seen pour than two hundred. They're heading back or their way to get relieved by a new aircraft carrier that was already planned and coming in. This comes on the back of the Gerald rd Ford that was out there for like some three hundred days and that had a big fire in it, and it's probably like out of commission for like eighteen months. And that's like our new shiny one, which is interesting. A lot of aircraft carrier news. I wish Andy was here so I could trigger him a little bit, because I know it was hatred for aircraft carriers. But there was also a bit of news talking about how Trump wants to redesign the new catapult system to revert it back to the old one it's like, and that would cost probably tens of billions of dollars and probably take twenty years because we have no ship building capacity capacity. So a lot happened. Obviously, the Middle East a fucking disaster. We all know that. A little bit of like we're like kind of like a holding pattern when it comes to Iran straight O'Har moves is not open, despite what everyone's saying, like all like the Administrative Administration officials are saying. Lebanon seems to be getting really bad too. I mean there's just videos out there of them like basically controlled the demolishing an entire village and stuff like that. So there's so many places to go. Also, you know the CIA getting busy in the Galapagos. Uh, that story out of Washington Post. Let's start with John Hackett. Where do you want to take it? You pick whatever you like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there's two interesting things behind me here. One is my enlisted rank, which you can see on one shoulder, and then you can see it. There's an image up there of me standing on an aircraft carrier when I was working at the US Embassy and Jordan, and we were taking the US and bat and the Crown Prince to go visit the flag mess on a Nimitz class aircraft carrier, just like the Abraham Lincoln And I was there as a diplomat. But there was a problem. I was enlisted. And I think what a lot of people don't understand is on a navy ship, things are very different than the rest of the military for the officer enlisted divide. And I think that's what's kind of missing from all these stories about the conditions on the vessel is that it was already terrible for the enlisted. It's worse now, but it's not as bad for the officers. And a lot of times it's the officers who are the ones that get to talk. I mean, the spokesman for the Navy is an officer, right. The sec def is a retired or former officer, not retired, but former Reserve Army officer. Right. There's a lot of officers, hung Kou, the Secretary of the Navy officer. Where are the enlisted members being able to talk about what it's like on a vessel? And I mentioned that because that day when I took the ambassador to the flag mess I was stopped by a lieutenant who was about twenty years old, twenty two years old, and he pointed out a wooden sign on the wall and it said officer country, and he said, what are you doing here? You're a gunnery sergeant.
Speaker 1: You don't belong here.
Speaker 3: This is why I'm standing with the Crown Prince of Jordan and the US Ambassador there's no question that I should be there, but there was a problem. It's because I was enlisted. And if that is the culture on any navy ship, you can imagine how at two hundred and fifty days of that it gets to grind on people. So there's probably a cultural morale degradation going on here, regardless of how many days at sea or what the exterior conditions are. But you've got high humidity, high heat, high stress, high pressure. There's no male getting to the vessel. They're not getting Liberty. If you can see what the showers look like, they're terrible anyway. The beds are terrible anyway, right, even if it's day one underway, these guys went out on this vessel thinking they'd be back in six months. It's month nine now. So when you think about what can I pack in a small sea bag, which is what they're allowed to bring with them, a small green sack, what can I pack in there, they're only thinking about six months of packing.
Speaker 1: They're not thinking about nine months.
Speaker 3: They haven't gone into except in Oman and then in Southeast Asia wants to refuel, not to go on Liberty. So for nine months these guys have not actually been able to go out on liberty anywhere. You can imagine the kind of things going on for the lower ranking folks down there. There's probably some some would describe it as criminal activity, most likely going on on the vessel, just because of you know, things break down over time when you're at sea, right. I remember a few years ago when I was in Afghanistan, there was a story about a prostitution ring that someone was making a very high cash economy revenue off of this, just because people are out at sea, and like, what else are they going to do?
Speaker 1: They have nothing to do.
Speaker 3: They don't have Wi Fi, they don't have computers, they don't have telephones. This is the enlisted I'm talking about. Remember this's not the officers. So these enlisted people, some of them are having their kids, are being born while they're at sea. They haven't even seen an image of them, let alone talk to their wives. One of the sailors that jumped off, that was in the water for an hour, his wife is in San Diego and she gave birth on month six while they're at sea. They're at month nine now, he's not seen his child, not spoken to his wife. She shared her tech messages with a local newspaper in California, And that's how I know about this, where he was basically over a few months talking to her, and you could see the downward spiral and his communication with her over that time. There's only five people on that three thousand to five thousand person vessel that are qualified mental health professionals. Can you imagine how much how difficult it must be to get an appointed with one of those people, Not only that, they are also on the ship for nine months too. They haven't had to break either, right, So you're talking about every single person affected kind of in a global sense on that vessel, and I just want to put that context there because I think that's kind of missing from the understanding in you know, the general public about I saw some people saying, well, they're at war, isn't that what's you know, what they're supposed to deal with, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 3: But in places like Afghanistan, I was sharing a base X tent with my team leader, who was an officer. He and I slept on the same ground together, We had the same sleeping bags, we ate the same food, we suffered the same absolutely, and that's the maraqulets. Right, that's the entire right there, right exactly together, and leaders eat last. This is a really big thing. And on a navy vessel, the flag mess, they're eating steak, they're having juice, they have E seven but the equivalent of a Marine Corps gunnery sergeant, which is a chief in the Navy, pouring orange juice for them because the officers can't pour their own juice.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And I witnessed this myself when I took the ambassador there right, Very different than the question of aren't they at war? Can't they suck it up? That's not what it's like on the ship. That's not how it's designed. It's a series of traditions that are unshakable for the navy at sea.
Speaker 1: Where did those traditions come from?
Speaker 3: Really, like the English, right, these are far hundreds and hundreds of years old, exactly. Yes, these are ancient traditions. And even some of the things we do, like crossing over certain lines of latitude and getting hazed while doing so. You don't call it hazing anymore, but you know, going through some ordeals. Those are all very very ancient traditions that are still part of that culture. On the vessel, and so is the criminal justice system on the vessel. There are separate laws for what a commander is able to do to another American citizen on that vessel that they cannot do while they're in the United States or even in a foreign country. There's a separate set of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that allows them to put certain extreme what we would describe as extreme punishments, for example, restriction to bread and water for a number of days that they're only allowed to eat bread and water. And the amount of evidence to prove that they should require that sentence is very low compared to what any sentencing would be in the United States. So it's a different world, literally on a vessel. And I think that's important to point out.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you guys something and this is really applicable line, you know, I did my kind of conflict zone time for you know, several years, and there was some certainly some hardships. But I think both of you guys are probably more qualified to respond to the notion of that you see in the media now, especially from the right. Just be honest, where people are saying, you know, you know, suck it up, this is war. This is what happens. And it goes back to just my thinking, like, just because let's say collectively we had it bad, does that mean that the next generation has to wouldn't it be smarter to have great conditions for the men and women who have to fight? I mean, that's the thing I don't understand. But you see this and it's playing NonStop on Fox News about their their trotting out veterans saying, hey, this sucked here, this suck there. Just these guys are a bunch of wine and pussies, And that seems to me to be missing the point that wouldn't we want to have our men and women in the armed forces have his best conditions possible to fight? Well, I mean, what do you you know? I mean when you see your your you know, veteran brethren kind of some of them coming out and saying that kind of stuff, Hey we had it bad, everyone else should like what is your response to that?
Speaker 2: Well? Unfortunately, I think a lot of this is politics, right, So if it was, you know, they'd be outraged if it was a political opposition to them, And they're sucking up buttercup if it's their guys. So I mean, I'm not saying that's everybody. I'm sure that there's plenty of vets that are saying, hey, you know, I MRI's for fucking six months. You know, try that, dude, And I slept in a ditch. But I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. So I agree with you, Mark. I mean, obviously you should try to you should try to make it the best scenario, best conditions for all the troops, Army, Air Force, maybe Marine Corps, Space Force, mostment, because that's what you do as leaders, right. It's the mission and the men and women that carry out the mission that should be the ethos. And I think it is of the military very large. I mean, I think Jonathan's right. There is a different differ, different culture of the Navy in say, the Marine Corps and the Army. And you know, I was both listed in you know, an officer, but I remember it was a lance corporal. Some captain was late for duty asked to get in front of me. I was like, yeah, of course, you know whatever, and some major had seen them but didn't see the end exchange and literally yanked amount of line and I don't know what happened to him, but he went outside with him, right, So that's the ethos of the Marine Corps, like you don't leaders eat last is anyway.
Speaker 1: That was the Marine Corps version of rendition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to see you.
Speaker 2: But and there's probably a lot of the Marines that have a similar story. But that's that's kind of like like, you know, you're you're nothing as a Marine officer if it wasn't for your marines period.
Speaker 4: The logist, I mean, so then you do a deep dive and I think I've read in the Wall Street Journal like, so how has this happened? And happens logistics issues? Right, But I was gonna say, so let's let's just go to the nitty gritty, you know, they're they're running out of supplies because you know, you know, the Bahrain is all fucked up and the ny you know, you know, perhaps is it is not operating as effectively, and so there are legitimate logistics. It's not like the Navy wants to have this happen, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to go back to the the issue and I'll make everything about the Marine Corps, but to go back to the first of all, this crew has done exceptional the see be can I try to bring it up on the ABC. They don't ask questions, but they're fine with the answer. But it's like they have done ten thousand sorties. They have been It's not just that they have like the longest sea deployment. It's in combat and they're like the main target. Let's just set the stage, like, how great would it be from the Uranian perspective if they actually hit even if they didn't necessarily take it out of commission, but hit an aircraft carrier, right, So the main target ten thousand sorties, they're part of the naval blockade there, certainly were a huge part of epic fury. So hats off to them for the effort they put in, and not just them, right, all the other sailors and marines that are board these ships that are doing this great workout there. So let's start with that secondary. I think there is a part of this, the fact that they are in combat. Right, they're having a hard time getting logistically resupplied because I think we still do most of our resupply the old fashioned conventional way, side by side ship shuttling stuff back and forth, right, So not what the Ukrainians are doing with multi drones. Different stages, park Hide not humans, right, that are delivering stuff to frontline troops in this case that happen to be on an aircraft carrier. So there's an element of this, and we need to get much smarter on how we do combat resupplies. We don't put people at risk, and it's continuous because every time you do, and I have I've seen it, so I actually don't know the operation to resupply an underway ship. I've seen it from a ship, but it looks super complicated to me. And if you're if you're under constant threat, it'd be even more complicated. So there is an element. I think that's fair that the officers on the ship could be doing everything they possibly can to make sure that their troops are getting, their sailors and marines are getting it's still having a hard time, so let's be fair about that. It's easy to sit in you know, Montana talking about what's going on in the Gulf of Amon.
Speaker 4: There's something good to say about about congressional oversight too. And this is the bipartisan issue because there was a whole bunch of Republican members of Congress saying this at right, is it deserves at some point is this is the congressional oversight finally working.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they in this need. So the other thing I would say, Mark to your first question, is it doesn't do the Pentagon any good to come out and declare that everything's fine. It just tells everybody, Okay, you don't really care, because there's no way you can actually have done an assessment already.
Speaker 1: Right. Isn't that exactly what the Secretary of Defense did.
Speaker 2: That's not helpful at all. It just tells all the troops like, okay, so he doesn't really care. I mean, some of the issues are probably going to be exaggerated, some might even be fabricating, not saying they are, but maybe, and some are going to be real and some of it are going to be real because it's a combat situation, and some maybe there is a logistical issue we need to change. But to do a real assessment shows that you care about the actual folks that are carry out the mission and if there's and it doesn't mean that necessarily anybody's done anything wrong. But the one thing that makes the US military the best, biased, but the best, is a continuous self assessment to get better. And AAR, for example, is yeah, yeah, and AAR is all about the negatives. Man. You don't go in there and say we're great next, right, you literally just focus on the negatives. Even if the mission was successful, right, the best units, if you're in their arre, you're like, wow, you guys aren't each other. It's like, that's the point for sure. So I think we need I think we need to do a full set. And I agree to Mark at least to the point of the question is it needs to be bipartisan. And that's what the oversight committees do. And we've all seen them out on the front lines, you know, to give them some credit. And I know mark As and I imagine Jonathan has too. But I know mark As, we've seen like people on the House of Armed Services Committee in forward operating bases during times of active conflict. I'm not saying that should be the ideal, but they can go out to ships that are underway currently a mission they can't. I mean, there's a CNN report that was on there, right.
Speaker 4: So you guys could be impressed with me.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: In a very rare occasion is that I actually did a trap landing on the on the in the GW you know, it was the cod so it was they're just their carry on board delivery. And I think I was brief in the air wing on some surface to air missile threat and we missed the arresting hook the first time. I really crapped my pants. We came around and landed again. I said, you guys did that for me. They're like, now we fucking missed. It's one of those times I spent overnight.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was I spent a night there and brief they are winging the captain.
Speaker 1: I remember officers are enlisted though, well this was the f A teams A Marine. No, no, no, I'm saying, where you treated as an officer and an enlisted guy, you got to stay.
Speaker 4: I mean, look when you're if you're a civilian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just I'm being a prick.
Speaker 4: No, I mean it was ridiculous the treatment we got. But yeah, and then it was they were like, hey man, you're from the CI. You're pretty cool. I'm like, you're fucking FA teen pilot, You're cools. Went back and forth, and he's got the bigger cool factor was not me, but it's a but. But I think your guys input on this is huge too, because this now has gotten totally political, and and and I did the same thing on MS now just trying to have a nuanced conversation because the it's outrage and you're like, Okay, this is a little more complicated here.
Speaker 1: Sure, but when you have the sect def saying things like that, and then like literally like there was like a spin program, there are people going on on TV talking about spinning it, and then you have the president saying not long enough, it's very difficult for it not to be political unless you have if you have work in fucking brains themselves, you know what I mean, Like because if a Democratic guy said that, if Obama said that, they'd be articles of impeachment, and.
Speaker 4: If he's John under democratic administration, the Hill GP would be outraged. And this is just the way it is here, but I hope it things are I mean ultimate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But the fact is, like most presidents when and their cabinet members would not be going out and spinning this as everything's fine in terms of like this specific part, and a president Republican or Democrat would not go out and be like, you know whatnot it's not long enough, and like what's the excuse for that kind of comment? Right? What he's old and dotty, like that's not a great excuse because he's the president.
Speaker 4: Jonathan, I was in the Characterism Center years ago. We used to we have detail Ease, as you know, and we had an NCIS Special Agent Detail and CTC. And he had just come from six months on board a carrier and he was the resident special agent for five thousand sailors. He said, it was I mean it was this is like an urban city. There was crime, like there was prostitution, drugs, crime, fights, assaults, rapes. He said it was nuts because I said, I said, were you bored out there? He said, are you kidding me? He said, there's a whole city underneath there, and there's a lot of crazy shit that happened and so and throw on top of that, you know, twenty hour days of as mixed that ten thousand stories of combat, you know, shit's going to go crazy sideways too.
Speaker 3: There are entire economies that develop on there. Like they'll have like little chits that they use for money because there's no cash sometimes so they use that to trade. They'll have gambling rings that I mean, there's a lot of creativity. It's actually very fascinating from an economics perspective to see like how do these things just organically develop and what actually has value and doesn't have value, and what can be traded for as currency.
Speaker 2: It's fascinating. Booty.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, I'm Jack Murphy here at the team House, and today I want to tell you about the sponsor for tonight's show, mars Men. This is a natural testosterone support supplement.
Speaker 4: I take it.
Speaker 5: I've been taking it for about the last five weeks now, and I'm starting to notice a difference. You take five of these pills each day, and each one of these cans last two a month. I think you need to use them for a couple months to get the full effect of them. But I'm about five weeks in and I'm starting to notice a difference. Already, increased energy, better performance in the gym, all of those things. I've you know, quite frankly, in the past, had a problem with testosterone, as a lot of military veterans do, as a lot of men who are going into their forties do. And this is actually something that seems to be helping me get my levels back up even higher. So I'd highly recommend checking them out. It has eight different substances in it that help boost your testosterone count. If you guys will go and check them out, we'd really appreciate it, so would the sponsor. For a limited time, our listeners get fifty percent off for life, plus free shipping and three free gifts at men go to Mars dot com. That's men, goo to Mars dot com for fifty percent off and three free gifts.
Speaker 4: When you check out.
Speaker 5: After you purchase, they will ask you where you heard about them. Please show support for the show and tell them that the team house sent you.
Speaker 4: Thank you everyone.
Speaker 1: It's almost like they're prisoners and.
Speaker 2: There's no end insight. I mean to kind of expand this and the policy thing is like the block eight ain't going anywhere. Yeah, that's right, I mean this this is we gotta fix it because it's not like, well that was bad. Let's let's hope that doesn't happen again.
Speaker 4: Well for you guys, is someone I can't remember her name from AI American unpresidents who studies naval warfare, and they said the Navy's about to break. They said, yeah, AI AI's product pay and I can find it and send it to d to put out on our on the site. Is that the Navy. This is not sustainable for the Navy to do this. They you know, when when Trump says, you know, great, we'll do this forever, Hexas said that you can't. The Navy will break. That's kind of interesting and pretty scary. Particularly we're not supposed to be in the Middle East's supposed to be doing you know right right rate, I mean a broken navy that doesn't help.
Speaker 1: And isn't it our side too, like the Western Hemisphere wasn't.
Speaker 2: Coming from Indo pecon.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the last one to leave into Pitcom. There are no longer any nuclear powered Limits class vessels in the seventh Fleet a R. So if China wanted to this would be the moment.
Speaker 2: So like take our national Security Strategy zero zero that's there in Vietnam. It's gonna be about nine days, that's what I'm told to get to get to the Gulf of the Moon and replace the babe.
Speaker 1: If China wanted to take Taiwan right now or nine days when we when the George Washington shows up in the Middle East, what would we be able to do? Nothing strong, not much.
Speaker 2: They know they're kind of on their own. I was just talking to somebody got back from Taiwan. They said their plan is to go from being able to produce ten thousand drones a month to one hundred thousand drones a month by twenty thirty. Their entire plan is to basically out Ukraine China.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, like, yeah, take something out of Ukraine's book page.
Speaker 2: Any man, and they got money. So how would you like to be the Chinese marine that's on the amphibious ship trying to make that journey one hundred miles two million drones coming your way from subsurface, surface and aerial.
Speaker 1: Jesus and Mark to talk a little bit about like where the Navy's at in terms of like its preparedness and stuff like that. Our ship building capacity is absolutely dog shit, especially compared to China's. Right, I saw somewhere it said China's ship building capacities two hundred and thirty two times hours.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that is a big issue other day.
Speaker 4: I'm not just saying that, how you know, how like basically it's like, Okay, the Democrats are complaining about the state of the Navy, except that Democrats are blocking funding for increased yeah, consistently for increased ship But that's probably that's probably fair for the general to say. But but yeah, I mean, it's it's can you guys comment though, I mean, I'm not I'm I don't even want to pretend to do this, and I pretend to do a lot of shit on TV and even here. But this idea, like what is up with this catapult system that that Trump is now seized on? We're going to go back and Rutch is this gonna is this completely nonsense? I mean, you know it's going to cost us billions and this is ridiculous? Or where will has never happened after after twenty eight? I mean, what what is he talking about here?
Speaker 3: Well, the important thing is that he could say that, but it's a congressional involvement that would be required to actually do it, because this is a different appropriation from what the original appropriation was for those vessels over your lifetime. Logistically, it would have to happen at the midlife period, like the refitting period that these vessels have, which is every few years, So that also would push it.
Speaker 1: Down the line.
Speaker 3: So there are a lot of kind of spoilers that could jump in here to prevent this from ever coming to fruition. Or is it not Well, this is a person who said that their body was like a battery and that the battery runs out if you exercise, so he might have a different grasp of how things work.
Speaker 2: I'm no expert either. I've talked to plenty of Davia aviators who just shrug and say it's never gonna happen. So to your last point, I mean, it's it's if you if we had a podcast that responded to every statement, you know, like like that's all we do. We never talk about substance. I'm not saying this isn't substance, because you know if president says that it has, but you know, they just go, yeah, it ain't gonna happen. It's there's a zero percent chance. It's it's not even that's their opinion. It's not gonna happen. It's like wind Turgt. It's like the little wind nlogy. See ever, he hates those.
Speaker 4: I mean, someone's got something in his head that we have to go back to World War two era steam catapults in this and I think the doesn't the Ford have this new system which is actually working well.
Speaker 2: I understand it from talking to them. They're they're like the system's working.
Speaker 4: Fine, Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: There's always going to be something that breaks on every system.
Speaker 1: Right, you guys want to talk about that plane switcher ru thing at all or no because it's kind of old news. But we didn't do a show until good.
Speaker 2: What perplexes me and maybe this is is Monday morning quarterback, and but why not have just switched the president to the d O D plane. Let the d D plane take off, just keep the Air Force one. I mean, how long would it take to be out of the threat area? Ten minutes? Right right, it's in Turkey, and then just say announce, hey, we have gotten the President out of Turkey by alternative means of Air Force one because of a threat. Because they know the threat's going to come out and they know it's going to be and then they could tell the people on Air Force one, hey, you can take off on Air Force one or you can get off. You know, it's up to you. But the threat isn't toward the plane anymore because the President's not on it. I see, maybe I'm being too over a supplistic, but they've created a scenario where they actually did use the plan as a decoy. They didn't seem like he was on the play.
Speaker 4: There's I think there's a couple of things on this. First is that I don't blame the Secret Service at all, you know, and because you know that there's threats that come in, they have to make a decision. They have a different criteria. You know, there's all this thing that was a low confidence CI assessment. Well, that just means it's uncorroborated. It means nothing else, probably second or third sourcing. And when this threat comes in the Secret Service and also the Secret Service, they will take input from from from the agency, from agency analysts, but they have their own analytics shop that has to make decisions on threat based on their unique role. And then it goes to the kind of the protective division there. So I mean, you know, I don't blame them for uh, for for what they did. I mean it's you know, it's a zero fail mission. The other part that that this is going to drive the crazy. Everyone is kind of shedding all over the Israelis on this. Well, if the Israelis collected information, let's just say, and they say they legitimately collected a threat report, they didn't. They didn't make it up. I don't think they would make it up either, because they would get caught doing it. But maybe it's sketchy. They have to pass it. Any liaison service that is a threat to the United States with with zero exception has to pass it to the US because if they don't and something happens, that's the end of the bilateral relationship.
Speaker 2: And so not just against the president, just period.
Speaker 4: It's just it's it's part. It's baked into the intelligence punit, baked into relationships. And then you know, and then you do go, you know, af forward with the process of assessing the validity of the threat. But you know, they they had to have passed this, uh, and so you know, I think it also there. Then you know, the the key part of this, of course, that we kind of forget is that stupid cuttery plane is totally incapable of transporting the president or anybody else safely, and so that that kind of massive. But I think this story is going to go away a little bit. It just certainly there's distrust, even more distrust between the White House and the press corps. And just to kind of bookend this all, you know, this has happened in the past, and then Clinton in a trip to Pakistan or the Clinton administration. They did switch planes. The press was told the press pool small things only there's less than fifteen or twenty members of the press, and they they are they can be trusted, and they have been in the past. But I think this is just a reflection of the complete lack of transparency and the kind of failure right now this administration and how they go.
Speaker 2: In that case, there wasn't a threat to the plane, right, it was just him trying to get into it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't Yeah, it was just it was just for for for general purposes of safety flying into Pakistan during the you know. But but you know, it's a what a I think this could have been handled in a much better fashion.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't blame the Secret Service, and I don't blame these I don't blame the always you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, I don't either.
Speaker 1: I just think they do a very good job.
Speaker 2: But they could have done a slight modification and avoided.
Speaker 1: All this, right, I mean, yeah, he would have. He would have let Marco Rubio take the fucking hit. He didn't give a ship. He was still on Air Force one.
Speaker 4: There's so much good stuff like Saturday Night Laugh could do here or South Park. I mean, it's just so good. But hey, you know a lot of TV hits based on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's switch gears a little bit to actually not really much. We're talking about Israel and what's going on in Lebanon specifically, a lot of images coming out of southern Lebanon Now they're like wholesale demolishing entire villages that are empty, and there seems to be no really end in sight in terms of like the Israeli occupation there. What are you guys tracking on that?
Speaker 3: John, you go first, But it's important to remember that Israel occupied South Lebanon for eighteen years previously. This is not the first time they've been there, and we've talked about this in the show before as well. There are symbolic locations there in South Lebanon where there were a lot of battles during that eighteen year period that soldiers now are returning to those positions up to the Latani River, and the Latani River has been that kind of last line of cover concealment for the Israelis back during the eighteen year period previously, and it seems to be again the kind of terrain feature that they're too using as the northern limit, although they are penetrating out through that occasionally. But to your point D about the villages being destroyed, these villages are empty because the people were told they had to depart the villages. The IDF told them, you have to leave or you will be killed. This is the message. So these people listened, I mean men, women and children. Some of them probably with Hesbula, some of them would not, with Hesbela, some of them Christian, some of them completely unaffiliated with any political party left right. They're displaced. There's over a million people displaced. Now those places are empty, like literally empty of humans. So that means the IDEF is going in there and destroying empty homes. The reason why would you destroy an empty home is so that people can't return to them. What they're trying to do is make a military zone in the south, that is a de facto border or buffer zone that was supposed to be created with UNSCR seventeen oh one, which was the Disengagement United Nations Security Council Resolution that had a component of Hesbola. With disarm the Lebanese arm forces would come in the blue line, which is the line that is the act border of Israel Lebanon now on the ground would go away eventually because the Lebanese military would have sovereignty down to that border area, which never occurred. Hesboula controlled that area. If you've ever been to South Lebanon in the last several years, you would see before Nosrola was assassinated, there was pictures of Nostril and Ayatola Kameni, thousands of pictures all up and down the highway and the Seacoast Highway up down into Nabatilla and these other areas, and it was absolutely one hundred percent controlled by Hesbola governance in addition to their militia wing. But it was not really Lebanon governing South Lebanon. And you had other groups like Amal, which is Nabi Berri leads Amal. He's a speaker of Parliament in Lebanon, but he was a war fighter back during the eighties and he also has a controlled area that Amal controls Amal was the parent organization of Hesbeula before Hesbula became a group. This is all going on in South Lebanon, and what Israel's trying to do is destroy or delete that truth that reality down there and create a new status quo. The problem is that the Lebanese got is not being allowed to participate in that change, So that means there will be new conflict in the future because the actual country that owns that land is not being brought into the consulting process. And you see a lot of diplomatic activity back between President Awn in Lebanon and the United States right now trying to get the Lebanese Armed forces somehow down there. There are these pilot areas and some other things being floated right now. They may work that we may not. It's hard to say because Lebanon has never actually had sovereignty it de facto in the south. It's always been a different armed group, whether that's the IDEF, has Bulla Amal, the Syrian Armed Forces which people forget. Syria was also down there during the eighties controlling a lot of this stuff. So what they're trying to do now is something new. And when I say they, I don't mean just the IDEF, I also mean the Lebanese government and the United States. So this is kind of a new moment, and it depends on who sustains longest and If Israel is the one that has the most sustained presence there, that's who's going to have the buffer zone. If the Lebanese Armed Forces can somehow convince the United States to help help, it will be the Lebanese arm Forces. And it should be the Lebanese arm Forces. It is Lebanon, it should be the country's military. And there's also the internal security forces. The Intervention Regiments are the IRS. The six Intervention Regiment is the one that's down in the south. I actually trained them when I was there. Their mission is to actually secure the border area and make it so that Hesbola doesn't have a place to operate. But these intervengent regiments have been kicked out by the IDF, so even those groups are not down there. So all you have is the IDF down there. So I'll leave it at that, so you guys can talk about it. But that's kind of the context leading up to what we're dealing with right now.
Speaker 1: Which is the annexation of Southern Lebanon. Okay, let's just make sure we get that headline up there.
Speaker 2: Yea, guys, So this is I mean from the Middle Eastern outlets that I do during the week Lebanon has been the biggest discussion, So you know, we're not talking about as much, but they are. And I don't know that I can add much what Jonathan just said it was excellent a description what's going on. I guess what I could add to that is so we're looking at an election in Israel. I think it's October twenty seventh. This obviously has a huge impact on what's going on now and what could go on in the future. So from talking to about Israeli friends, even if I wasn't asking him, they're telling me it's looking like Gotti Eisencott. And to be fair, the people I'm talking to are Gotti icing caught fans and actual friends. And if you're not familiar with Israel, everybody knows everybody, especially if you're in the military. He's very well respected. He has he is you know, obviously he was a chief of the IDEF, and he has a very practical view of things, although he certainly is hawkish as you would expect. But anyway, for their take on what's going on right now is that his coalition, yes, sah I think will get his coalitions, not just his party, which also includes Bennett and others would get fifty six, whereas net Yahoo's coalition to get fifty one seats in parliament. He needs sixty one to basically be controlling, and there's about eleven that the Arab political parties will get. So it's it's not determined yet what the outcome will be. But I think Eisencott's coalitions favored if you look at like the prediction markets, if those are valid, he's higher than nen Yagu. There's a lot of issues there. I don't know if we want to get in jilly politics about you know, ultra orthodox being required to serve, et cetera. But for what I'm being told by people I will use their name obviously, but people who know him, so what so for relevance for us, Well, what's going to be the difference, Well, he they think, is going to be much more inclined to do a faeas withdraw disarmament plan, both in Gaza and Insteud of Lebanon, because right now, basically then out who's like, I'm not just withdrawing anybody until they're completely disarmed, which is just a recipe for never happy and never happening. Right Like, obviously we don't like Hesbola, we don't like Amas, but we're here in their shoes. We're not going to completely disarm and then hope the IDEF withdraws. It's just illogical. So that's why in the in the Trump peace plan for Gaza, for example, it does have a faith like you partially disarmed, we partially withdraw. It's about trust, right, So according to them, he's much more inclined as long as it can be validated to do that. He's also much more inclined to have very specific, stated objectives for the war in Iran with a clear exit strategy. So maybe they're talking to me, so they're talking to their audience. But this is what I've had multiple conversations with people not in the same conversation. They think eisen Kott's stance would be definitely a hawk, but in my opinion, in a good way, but a very pragmatic one who would work hand in glove with the US to try to end these conflicts in a way that's obviously acceptable to Israel's national security, but not a maximalist and the far far right, the Smoltritz and ben ge Vere's would probably not be in that coalition. So that factor would be somewhat mitigated that just to.
Speaker 1: Add on it what Jonathan said, this other factor modicle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I mean that these are great summaries. I'm not gonna I don't want to rehash any stuff in eisen Kott. You know, I think you can consider him as you know, it's a centrist security hawk. It certainly is going to be wildly more acceptable to the United States. Uh, most of you mus think, as well as Arab states as well as too, you know, and and you know, my only kind of look when I say concerned. You know net Ya who has pulled rabbits out of his hat for his whole career. You just never know survivor so so who the heck know is? But I think the polls mix right, The polls are looking like his coalition that his sure party is. You know, he's going to do well. I think to just to just to kind of a quick sum of his strategy, which is the right one again as a central security hawk is you know, fight hard, but don't fight without a political end state, don't fight without strategic goalsta who has none of those, And so you know in some ways that certainly would be would be welcome. You're not getting someone from peace now, You're not getting a you know, a peace nick here, because that person couldn't survive, you know, in an a political election. But I think this opens a lot more possibilities. The only thing I would add is on Lebanon in particular. It's got to be a political solution. It just can't be military only. And the final final piece on this is when you think about the missed opportunities with the Abraham Accords and any kind of expansion of it, it was simply because Netnahu couldn't get himself to say, yes, in the year two thousand and one billion, we'll have a Palestinian state. And he couldn't even do that because of the members of his coalition, the extreme right and so eisen Kond will not have that. And so you could make an argument there is more possibilities down the line of the Saudis joining something. If a knew Israeli government would at least say things that would be politically more palable. It's just going to make things a lot easier for everyone. So it'll be interesting to see. And yeah, October is it's a relatively big deal, but don't count in it. Yeah, who out and this guy is yeah, you're right, he's been. People have said he's dead politically so many times it's just unbelievable. And here's the other thing too, there's a big question on how much is Trump going to campaign for him. Donald Trump is wild.
Speaker 2: He hasn't weighed in yet. He hasn't weighed in at all yet.
Speaker 4: And so you know, and Trump, I think also knows this and is just kind of and likes fucking with BB a little bit too. But you haven't seen kind of the and you know Nana has taken you know, more than half a dozen trips here. You know, don't be surprised if he tries another does this again to come to the US to get this Trump endorsement, which Trump is not done. And one on that now you're getting me going on geeking out in Israeli politics, which interesting is the mess in the West Bank with these crazy settlers.
Speaker 1: Even even that are being protected by the idea, if not just a scud called them.
Speaker 4: Ambassador Huckaby, who is as right wing an American in terms of.
Speaker 1: That his fucking mind. Yeah, we could say.
Speaker 4: Kaby has called them, you know, terrorists. These are these settlers who are you know, going after the Palestinians there.
Speaker 1: And being protected by the idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so even the US government done like this now, so interesting times.
Speaker 2: Well, settlers actually going against a lot of what the Idea is asking him to do too. This is is really complicated, liked like this is the plane. You're not supposed to be here and they're going have you yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then the protect them anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean in places where they I guess they are authorizing settlers to be then yes, but there's also places where they are not that settlers are going and they're telling the Idea have to get.
Speaker 1: Them out of here, they're stealing houses, Yeah, I protecting them.
Speaker 4: And there's also units within the IDEF who are more ideologically you know, close to the settlers. So it gets really complicated. And I think that and I'm going to get the wrong. It's the central command, it's the Idea of general in charge of this was removed recently, so it's the whole thing is very it's very politically messy inside Israel. But poor Lebanon as usual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and poor Palestinians as usual. All right, last bit, let's talk about uh Mark and mixed old firms. Uh, escapades in and around Ecuador and the Galapagos. There was a report article by Washington Posts saying that supposedly Cia or CIA contractors smoked a bunch of fishermen.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: John, give us more context. You're very smart.
Speaker 3: Well, one thing to point out about Ecuador, that's.
Speaker 4: Situation gets hard.
Speaker 2: Need somebody to say something smart.
Speaker 4: Let's turn to John Jonathan, we'll.
Speaker 3: Be distracted away from the covert action discussion and talk about the facts in the ground and Ecuador, which is that Iranians can get into Ecuador without a visa. There are very few countries on Earth where that's true.
Speaker 1: And if you think.
Speaker 3: About cocaine, yeah, if you can think about cocaine shipments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm about to buy back at John, even though I love John. Yeah, Like, okay, gives a ship where this this connects in?
Speaker 3: Because please, this is a place where these guys can go without a visa. So there's obviously a reason for that. The cocaine going out of Latin America mostly goes to Dakar, Senegal, going into Europe and into Asia, which is a port controlled by Hezbola. This is just something to kind of think about globally about why is Ecuador important Why. Obviously the drug trade into the United States is a big issue, but there's an international drug trade and there are parts of Latin America that are not focused in the United States. They're focused on Asia, They're focused on Europe and Africa. And some of that a large amount of it goes out of Ecuador are over through the land or out of the water over eastward toward Africa so that it can be further sold or processed or moved to make more money, especially in the European Union, where these drugs are very expensive. So I just want to put that there because there's a lot more to it than just the US Latin America drug stuff we've been seeing with the current administration. This is a very deep economic, multi billion dollar economy that goes out of Ecuador in Brazil and Colombia, not just to the United States but to the world. And there are also a lot of precursors coming out of India and China for methamphetamine that come into Ecuador in other countries in the western part of Latin America. And during my time when I was working on this issue about more than a decade ago, there were three factories in the world that produced the precursor for methamphetamine. Two of them were in China and one was in India. The one in India agreed with the United States to not tranship it without certain requirements so that it wouldn't get put into the precursor process for meth but the two Chinese factories didn't agree to that, and they sent those precursors out to places like Ecuador and Mexico. And that's part of the reason we saw the increase in methampvetamine into the United States in the last fifteen years because of this route that we're describing here that you guys are about to talk about in great detail about why the US might be interested in covert action in that area.
Speaker 1: Thank you for bringing it back, Yeah, because I was going to ask. I was like thinking of a questions to like kind of like knock off, Like, Yeah, Europe and an Asia love drugs right just as much as America does. But we're definitely the lion's share in terms of market share from Central and South America in terms of where the drugs are coming from. And there's a reason why the CIA is operating and the US government is operating in the Pacific, in the in the Gulf, and in Mexico, as we've clearly seen reports. You know that ground branch guys have been on the ground there. Uh so, yeah, yeah, tell so guys, tell us about it, Mick, tell us about every you know, how do they plan these things?
Speaker 2: You know, you already know from what our privates discussion. When I think about talking about covert programs, even if they're he did not listen to you. He did not, So I'll repeat it for everybody else. I don't think we should be talking about covert operations that are current. I mean, I understand how the media does. I mean, that's the way the period does. But you know, and I'm not even blaming them. I'm just saying that here. And maybe I'm drawing an odd connection, but I just did a you know, our regular storic podcast. We did it on the Odyssey. Well, what kicks off the Odyssey? What makes the Odyssey the Odyssey? It's Odysseus's incapability of doing something without freaking taking credit for it, right, you guys know the story. He gets out of the cave, he wounds the monster, the Cyclops, the Cyclops sinks his name is nobody. Just substitute nobody for covert action. And then he's sailing away and he has to turn around and say, you know what, ef it? My name's Odysseus, the Saker of cities. And that is why it took them ten years to get back to Ithaca. Right. So, I know, maybe an odd connection, But what I'm saying is somebody who knows about this program. I'm sure it's not the actual people executing it that knows about this program, if it exists in all these programs, is talking during the program. Shouldn't do it. So I'll stop there. But I just think that needs to be reinforced with because I'm speaking primarily to policy people, because policy people, in my opinion, are the one to leak the most because they're not on the ground doing covert programs. They don't see the consequences. It's all about, and this is both sides. This isn't a partisan thing. It's about taking credit sometimes when when the whole point of covert action is not to take credit, it's to disassociate the US government from the action itself. Anyway, over there, brother.
Speaker 4: Love it, Okay, So I'm gonna throw just like Mick Woe all sorts of cool ship into here. I went to see in Philly. I went to see Cam New New Jersey Avenge sevenfold the other night. One of my this is my you know, my crazy love of heavy metal music. And the bartender at this little VIP thing, do I get very fancy boogie? I got the VIP and hold on, hold on, this is all going to be tied. And Marcus the really is tattooed. Okay, did your tattoo, dude? And he's former military love stoicism. So we're chatting about stuff, and Mick all this stuff you're doing and and and stuff like that. So that was that was pretty wild. So that's actually I had to throw that in there because we're doing Odyssey stuff. Plus actually I watched Troy last night. I went back to watch that rat movie Classics. It's certainly not as intellectual as the Odyssey, but still kind of.
Speaker 2: More of the Iliad.
Speaker 4: It's more of the story, kind of good stuff on this thing. So just d so that just have some fun with this. And I did this on a TV hit. You know, basically, if you said Cia Galopogus covid action in a sentence. You know that's not on anyone's BINGO card. And in fact, about a week ago, my wife and I were talking. She's like, hey, let's go with the Galopagus. We have, you know, we get all this ship from National Geographic. There's a trip there and.
Speaker 1: I'll check it out.
Speaker 4: And she's like, you think it's safe with all this stuff that's going on. I said sure, and then this happens. She's like, see, we're not going to glopicus. We're gonna drone by the old outfit's gonna fuck us up. No, but but so, but I think the way to do this safely in discussing this is it's not as crazy. US government interest in waters around the gl is not crazy because, as Jonathan mentioned, of all that the drug champ the drugs that move off the orders of Ecuador. But also and I went back and I did some research on this because I was curious. The only thing we'd have to talk about it is you know, and I think it was it was a British publication, might have been the Times of London. But basically, fishermen in Ecuador are paid a shitload of money to take gas canisters out to meet the drug boats and so the okay, so you know, is the US killing innocent fishermen if they are whatever it is, But okay, but the fishermen actually have a big part of this story, so.
Speaker 1: We should smoke them.
Speaker 4: Well, the article is unclear. Some fishermen seem to have been missing, others were captured and then released. So I'm not saying we should do it, but I'm just saying the substance of this is not as outlandish as you know. CIA COVID action programs in the galopagus, and I will say this goes back to just the overall theme. How in the world did all of us get stuck in the sandbox for twenty years when all the other people who conceivably could be having fun or doing it in the fricking Caribbean or of in these night war areas. Ships, I mean ship, whether it's Venezuela or Cuba or Mexico.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, let's do drone. Let's have drone programs for everything.
Speaker 4: No, I was saying, let's do TD wise and nicer location.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I know, but I'm talking about what actually is happening, And it's like people getting bombed on fishermen fish trying to be serious and I am, Yeah, I am trying to be serious a little bit. Yeah. I know you guys are trying to like, you know, misdirect and stuff, and I guess they teach you that at the farm and ship, but like, this is my ship. Yeah, this is my show and I'm gonna bring it back.
Speaker 4: So I would say that probably there's there's a lot of you know, questions from Congress from the Oversight Committee is going on about this, and.
Speaker 1: I mean question from Congress are we serious? Congress doesn't question a fucking thing, Mark.
Speaker 2: I think the intelligence committees are going to be questioning a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Have they been since we started drone striking? You know? Either even if there are narcos, even if they are narco boats, like have they been.
Speaker 3: Well, wouldn't be public if they were, because they would be classified briefings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't think they're going to leak at least that it's happening, or that the Oversight Committee's given something to give them a little bit of guff.
Speaker 3: The thing is the gang of it, it's usually pretty close lipped. They're very disciplined, so at the higher level they wouldn't be leaking that stuff. They're pretty serious about it.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to ask a question. Two CIA guys here and another intelligence officer.
Speaker 4: Motter than the CIA guys, do you notice we're keeping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay, it's it's we're being recorded. So you know, probably six months ago, sorry, I remember, we spoke about it. Where like the CIA General Council right before they designated or right after they designated Cartel's terrorist organizations resigned, right, and the deputy director took over the job as general counsel. So you're telling me a CIA general counsel, you know, the general counsel of the CIA, who you know usually you want to get blessing from your own internal lawyers about whether it's a covert operation or anything you're trying to do. Fucks off, resigns and then they don't pick a new guy, the guy that probably came up with the idea for doing this stuff takes over the position. That's you're you're flirting with things that are fucking possibly maybe illegal.
Speaker 4: A general counsel though, who has been.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, congratulations on him in the job, or but you know what's going on.
Speaker 4: That's when the house all of this is gonna be there's gonna be investigations on this, and there's legitimate questions. There's oversight that should be done on these kinds of things. It's not just the agency, it's also the US military strikes.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with you. I'm not saying.
Speaker 4: It's still be more kind of robust oversight. There's nothing wrong with that, you know, that's just And.
Speaker 2: Just remember when that happens, that the CI responds to hoarders as given by the president. That's great. So it for some reason we always end up with like it's our idea, rogue. Right. It's like no, so, I mean, it doesn't happen to the military.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You don't blame the military for going to Vietnam, right, But somehow when they when they see tasked with something by the president, although it's brief to you know, both committees, it's somehow in up like it was our idea and that we were like exclusively responsible for it.
Speaker 1: But at some point the question's got to be asked or not right.
Speaker 4: Well, that's going to has been asked. I mean there's been there's a lot of congressional scrutiny, but the Democrats don't control the Senate. Or the House, and so I think if they do, they will have subpoena power. You'll see a lot more, uh, you know, oversight over over foreign policy. That's just the way it is. It's nothing wrong with that, it's just you know.
Speaker 3: But not to mention the White House General Council. One of the things they do is they write memos that justify these policy activities. Looking back to two thousand and eight, the torture memos and all this stuff that you know came out. That's what those documents were for was to cover the guys below the policy level so that they could go out and do those things, even if it was a veneer that was later taken down. It was so that those lower ranking guys would not be prosecuted as individuals committing crimes alone. Instead, it was that, hey, there was actually a policy cover for this.
Speaker 4: Got to get your PLI everyone, professional liability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got it. After that, most of that stuff was just school by the way design it was legal to do to us, right.
Speaker 1: Anything else, guys, I think we covered a lot. Yeah, did we Are we missing something? I feel like no, maybe not. I feel like I had something in my brain that I wanted to attack the CIA guys about but we'll leave it for next week.
Speaker 3: They distracted you successfully, boy.
Speaker 1: Such bullshit. I mean, I mean, I know, make love stoicism and I respect that. I know, I love it, and then mark with the other one. It's like, guys, it's so obvious that you do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know it was.
Speaker 1: The analogy didn't sort of make sense. Like, I'm not disagreeing with you that that analogy for your app, right, it's supposed to be covert apps. I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: With you, Silent professionals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a point on this that actually it's a whole separate debate. But COVID action usually does get leaked in every hit, basically every one of our programs. And so that's when when people tell me there is the there's a ci O there that you don't know about. They're doing all sorts of ship and like, actually that's really not true. Everything that's should be wish it should be true.
Speaker 2: But this, you know, maybe covert action should be eventually because you know, people need to know, but not why it's happening.
Speaker 4: Well, remember what COVID action is, man. COVID action is the thing. I mean, it's it's it's not clandestine. It's it's covert in the sense of the event occurs and we don't take credit for it.
Speaker 2: Right, it can clan something happens, so it's harder to keep that secret.
Speaker 4: You just don't brag about it. But this is just don't say who didn't do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a smoking fishermen in Ecuador.
Speaker 4: I just I don't even think they care. They're probably the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How many times have I seen I've seen The Odyssey twice? How many times have you seen it?
Speaker 1: Mick?
Speaker 4: I seen it once, just once.
Speaker 2: And my and my stoic buddy he went and saw it on the theater that Nolan watched it, just like the original theater with lasers and stuff up in Canada.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jonathan, have you seen it?
Speaker 3: No, because I don't want to spoil my feelings about Troy, which I love.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll watch it eventually.
Speaker 2: I'm a classicist and as so he's you know, there's even even the historical stuff to argue. I think is is cool like the boating, right or what you'll get all uptight about it. I'm like, no, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: If if you're a historian, then you want it to be historical doesn't.
Speaker 4: Mean controversy of this is so stud In fact, the Greek Prime minister actually call it krisonal and thank him. Because huge interest in the classics, there's obviously tourism is going to go up more.
Speaker 1: And but also it's a fake, it's a myth.
Speaker 2: Everybody's based on truth. It's it's based on truth.
Speaker 4: It's also a movie. Just go enjoy the movie. By the way, if you go and see Troy, Troy is historically incorrect as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Gladiator is awesome, Yeah it is, but at least it gets you back interested in the classics. Yeah, totally. I thought it was very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if people watch The Odyssey, that's great. But also look up that uh that web that article about in Washington Post about the Ecuadorian fisherman.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you join the CIA? You can be cheapest station Galapagos.
Speaker 1: I would never pass the polygraph.
Speaker 3: They have the oldest tortoise that's alive there.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred and fifty year old tortoise. What do you say horror moves is part of the horn moves.
Speaker 4: Since we've declared horror moves part of the US territory.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to visit there in the summer, would you say, John, we talked spoken about.
Speaker 3: One hundred and fifty year old tortoise in the Galapagos. It's the oldest tortoise on the planet.
Speaker 4: I was seeing it. Now.
Speaker 1: My wife won't let me go, she said, has some CIA covert action program down there?
Speaker 4: Okay, and look up everywhere kind of looking around.
Speaker 1: All right, boys, A pleasure. I want everyone to check out Mixed Podcast Applied Stoicism, The Pub and the Porch Applied Stoicism. That link is in the description. Mark p He's got a book. He's got a Twitter account. Follow him there if you want to rage at him over there on Twitter. John Hacket has got two incredible books, A Ranch, Shadow Weapons in the Theory for Regular War. All those links are in the description. We got the white Fish Security Summit coming up in February of twenty twenty seven. Check it out. That link is in the description as well. Guys, a pleasure. As always, We'll see.
Speaker 2: You next week.
Speaker 4: It is a fun one.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Hello everyone. If you're hearing this you are not a member of the Patreon, you can get your hands on ad free episodes that come out early and you can ask us questions maybe we'll answer them. You can also watch the Team House podcast completely ad free and early, and you can also watch it live as we interview our guests, and it's the best way to support the channel, so if you can, if you're open to it, you can go to patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse. That link is in the description. We appreciate the supporters and we hope you would consider being one. So it's patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse. Thanks guys, Assa