Speaker 1: At the top of the hour, News Congressman Massey on Syria, his opposition to Trump's choice for the eahead, and comments on the Doge Department with Elon Musk and Dvik Grandma Swammy. One hour from now Judge Ednapolitana. Every Wednesday, will Trump stop domestic spying? In the meantime, I always welcome back Brigham McCollum with the Hudson Institute, which you can find online at Hudson dot org. Brigham ccowen to talk about Trump's energy policies. Welcome back, Brigham. You know I love having you on the show. It's good to have you back on today.
Speaker 2: Well, Brian, thank you so much. It's always an honor and a pleasure. And I'm reporting to you live from our nation's capital this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh you're in the swamp. Huh.
Speaker 2: Well, you know we're gonna make it shiny again. We're gonna clean things up.
Speaker 1: I think, I hope so, and I honestly, I have to be honest with you. When I saw the topic today, Trump's energy policies. My only reaction because I honestly, and as much as I read, as much news as I go through, I haven't really personally seen a whole lot about it, except that he is what has been described as or for what I've generally read as everything approaches, like all the everything, you know, we'll go with it all whatever you want, everything open, let's use that gas, oil and coal, and if you want a windmill, do that all the above kind of strategy in order to bring down our energy bills and create a more efficient energy system here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that is one of the key pillars. And I think you know this notion of energy dominance or energy independence, which we've talked about, is more critical than ever. You know, we've talked on the program previously about watching mistakes that other countries have made, so your inflicted.
Speaker 1: Wounds the European Union collectively Germany most notably.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, and you know this is part of President Trump has several pillars. And if I may real quickly, yeah, and I'll explain how he fits into this. First is this return to peace through strength by re establishing deterrence, renewing America's industrial base, which requires a lot of energy, and protecting the US against espionage and different ask actions like that. I'll skip over secure our borders. That's pretty self explanatory. But on our economy. You know, that's really where energy comes in, because you know, it is a huge component of what makes a country, any country competitive or not competitive when you're trying to build and sell things. And I think that's something a lot of the world has forgotten. And we've seeded this to China and to some extent some other places of people that don't like us very much. It's very odd, don't you agree?
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent. And that's what I always go back to. I mean, I know, I think I'm one of the few heretics that are left in the world that doesn't believe that you and I are exhiling ourselves into existence. I don't believe committing you know, economic suicide by trying to rely on the sun to power literally everything. I'm smarter than that. But I watch as other countries benefiting unbelievably in terms of their building of their economy. The Chinese. Chinese are a perfect example. They push this global warming stuff on the rest of the world through all of their connectivity with social media and influencing and all that, and yet they do not lift a finger. They are not interested in committing economic suicide. They burn coal they still build coal plants, they do anything they damn well please, while they manufacture all of the green stuff that we think we need to rely on completely. It's just absolute insanity, Brigham.
Speaker 2: Amen, Amen, it is in fact. And you know, if you look just a couple miles away from me, down down Pennsylvania Avenue at the White House, you know, for the last four years you've heard this administration, the Biden Harris administration, talk about, well, we compete with China over here, but in climate they agree with us on climate. We are cooperating. Now, Brian, it's unilateral economic disarmament. They want us to believe all this nonsense because they want us to destroy what's left of our industrial base, to destroy what's left of American and American strength energy. I mean, a lot of countries don't have the natural resources that we have. Japan has to import almost all of its raw materials and energy. But American we're blessed with this. Why on earth would we take one of our biggest markers off the table.
Speaker 1: That is a legitimate question, And the only thing that I've been able to conclude over the years, Brigan, is that there are you know, these the globalist mentality forces out there. Those that wish to control us, generally speaking, see us as the outlier. We're the big wart, We're the ones that stick out. And why do we stick out? Because freedom, independence, capitalism, and an abundance of energy has built an economy that nobody in the world can compete with. And because of that, they want to take all our money and redistribute it. They want to kneecappus. They want us to commit this suicide in the name of global climate change or something, so we flatten out our economy so the rest of the world can. Well, we can join the rest of the world and be equally poor. I mean it sounds conspiratorial, but that's the only conclusion that can be left with Brigham.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're onto something because another part of President Trump's pillars and re establishing our economy, He's not opposed to trade. People are freaking out all over the place right now, right this is his opening move. This is fantastic. He's not opposed to trade. He wants fair trade, not free trade. And a lot of the trade deals we've made the Parish climate change, this all goes in the same bucket of giving away our stuff to other people, and you cannot save, cut, conserve your way to prosperity. That's not how it works. And I think he gets well, I know he gets that, and his new administration gets that, and hence the make America great again.
Speaker 1: All right, let's pause. Well, bring Brigan mccomonb back. We got lots more to talk about from the Hudson Institute. Hudson dot org is where you find them online, and I recommend you check out what they have to say. It's seven thirty seven fifty five KRECD talk station. And I want to mention the USA intilation speaking of energy and energy is expensive. It gets more expensive. Why Well, maybe for some of the reasons that Brigham and I are counting on. But regardless of the reasons your bills are going up, I don't see any end insight to that. And even if they didn't go up, let's just say theoretically they went down, they can go down a lot further if you have your home properly insulated with USA's premium film highest OAR value home on the market made right here in Ohio. Thousands and thousands of homes are enjoying the comfort and energy savings from the USA over the years and years can be one of them. Two, get a free inspection. The inspection will determine whether you have any insulation in your walls and also whether you are under insulated. Again, my daughter, my favorite example, late seventies, build old R twelve that was when it was installed, and it doesn't even have R twelve anymore. So we got the phone for them for a housewarming gift and now they are enjoying the comfort and savings brought about by the phone in the exterior walls. You can do the same thing. Get a free quote, and remember right now, you may save more than the cost the monthly payment for the phone, because it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and there's a lot of folks out there that have saved more than that, so call it a wash. Or even if you don't reach the ninety nine dollars month interest free amount, you're saving some It ultimately pays for itself. Government wants you to do it as well. They're offering you a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit, which is like them writing you a check for twelve dollars. You can do that on your taxes next year, and you're going to enjoy immediate comfort. Change the day it's installed average home less than a day for installation three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam Fine them online USA installation dot in that fifty five KRC jenn Ie first one eleve of forecast. Some snows showing up, maybe spotty snow after three pm. Today's I thirty four every night little eighteen twenty nine to high tomorrow with mostly Sunday skies, a few clouds every night down to twenty two, and mostly cloudy Friday going up to forty three thirty degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update.
Speaker 3: From the UCLP Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts. That's why you see Health Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's a clear choice for rapid life saving treatment. Learn more at uce health dot com. Cruise continue to work with the wreckings found on one twenty nine before Cincinnati Dayton Road traffic backs to seven forty seven. There's a multiple car wreck on the ramp from sixth Street to southbound seventy five northbounds, running an extra half hour between Florence and downtown. Chuck Ingramont fifty five per se the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five ker City Talks. In talk station Ryan Thomas was bringing acown from the Hudson Institute Online Hudson dot or talking energy policy and Brigham you mentioned and moving just slightly away from and I know it's all interconnected, but going back to your statement about fair trade and the concept of fair trade, I know that's where these tariffs come in because it is literally impossible to have fair trade with a country like China. They don't have OSHA, they don't have a regulatory scheme, they don't have an environmental protection agency, they don't give a crap about anything at all. They also have slave labor. So how is it you could ever achieve quote unquote fair trade with a country that has such a substantial advantage in terms of manufacturing at a discount compared to what our companies here have to deal with under our regulatory environment. Hut Brigham.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's that's a great point, and it's actually very difficult. And you may remember back some years ago when we let China into d G seven and into the World Trade Organization. The wto the thought was, gosh, if we traded, we'd all become friends. You guys wouldn't be communists any longer. You would support freedom. We'll all get along.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: One of President Trump's current advisors, Robert Leiitthheiser, who was the US Trade rep said that is a mistake. And everybody said, oh, you don't know what you're talking about. Well, he was right. It is difficult because every single company in China is owned by the Communist Party of China. Yeah, there is no free market. And Brian and I know you know this, some of your listeners may not. They all have to swear allegiance to the state and that they will do everything possible to put the state first, including espion, spying, stealing of intellectual property, all of that. And unless and until America can restore deterrence, military deterrence with Taiwan, economic deterrence, energy deterrence, that's how you get these people to understand you. You don't deal with a playground bully by ignoring them, right, you have to stand up to them. And that's if we have not been doing that. And fast fact, China now emits more carbon. If you're keeping track of carbon and greenhouse gases, then the rest of the industrial world combined. We can all hold our breaths and it wouldn't make a darn bit of difference, even if you felt it would.
Speaker 1: Well, again, another illustration of the stupidity of trying to control the emissions, at least in terms of naturally occurring emissions like carbon dioxide. I mean, you can keep you know, benzene out of the air. You can take lead out of gasoline and keep that from out of the air and still have an efficient internal combustion engine. So there are technological advances we can make to keep toxic chemicals out. But carbon dioxide isn't toxic. It's planted food. And yeah, and I going back to your point on the economic realities of China. They didn't play along. I think that was Nixon's idea of opening up free trade with China. Well, if we just trade with them, they're enemies of the Soviet Union. But looking at the Soviet Union and our policies toward them and all the other Western nations, nobody traded with them. They were isolated, and they fell apart and collapsed economically for a multitude of reasons, but most notably because we wouldn't engage in commerce and industry with them. We choked them off. And if the rest of the world decided to choke off the Chinese and they wouldn't be able to build their military industrial complex.
Speaker 2: You're exactly right. And I think you'll also see, speaking of speaking of sanctions, a return to maximum pressure on Iran, because the last four years have not been good. We've given them billions of dollars and they have sowed hate and discontent all throughout the Middle East. But real quickly, we talk about a lot of these energy pieces. Just uploaded a new version of Charged Conversation speaking of Higheart Radio where you can find it there or any other place you find your podcast, where we talk about some of the background and some of the political philosophy that has gotten into this this climate debate, and it's really not about climate debate, as you've pointed out, it's anti capitalism and a lot of people are starting to wake up and realize they've been lied to so point in fact that you just mentioned in our atmosphere, seventy eight percent of our atmosphere is nitrogen, about twenty one percent is oxygen, one percent's argone gas. That's the stuff that goes in neon lights. It's also harmless all that it is an oxygen displacement that machines. When we get down to it, we have for one hundreds of one percent of our atmosphere is carbon.
Speaker 1: Dioxide, plant food, plant.
Speaker 2: Food less than four to one hundreds of one percent, and as best as we can tell, humans are responsible for sixteen I'm reading this right, how many decimal places is for tens hundreds thousand, ten thousands, sixteen to ten thousandths of one percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a thing. It's nothing. It's absolutely nothing. And you know what, really really, and I'm going to use the words pisses me off, recognizing that some people's sensitivities may be bothered by that, but at that level that I'm uttering it out loud. I was reading about the so called Inflation Reduction Act, which was really the Green New Deal project, and all of the programs and incentives and millions and billions of dollars that are going to various states for the purposes of carbon capture, and to see Republican Administration officials in those dollar receiving states fight to keep things like carbon capture just because it benefits their bottom line. There reveals the reality and the nefarious nature of all of this. It's really just a it's wealth redistribution by another name, and it flows into the coffers of administrations, regardless of political stripes. And once they get hooked on the opium that that is, they won't let it go to our detriment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are. The government is creating a false economy that is not based on products or services that people want to purchase, and that can only be sustained so long as you have these tax breaks or tax credits or other pieces. And I think getting back to President Trump on his all the above strategy, which is actually something both parties used to embrace. Yep, you want to buy an EV, great, buy a EV, but I'm not going to make you buy one. You want solar panels on your roof, perfect, you know, you want nuclear fantastic. We're gonna need it all, and we're going to need it where it makes the most amount of sense. And the things that are economically viable are going to survive. Your Elon Musk knows about. You build stuff that people want. You can have the greatest idea in the world, but nobody's going to pay you for it. Only the government creates an industry that doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, now, where do you think DEI came from? Which college education folks came out with degrees and something where there was no market for them. So well, we're going to make everybody have a DEI department in their company, in their in their in their college, and their business, and we'll employ all these people who otherwise have valueless degrees. Bring him agown. Hudson dot Org is where you find the Hudson Institute Charged Conversation. Search for it. It's brilliant. You'll love listening to it. Find it on your iHeartMedia app. Bring them until we get to talk again. If we don't talk before Christmas, So if you have wonderful holidays and merry Christmas and of course a happy New Year. But I will welcome the opportunity to have you back on the program before the end of the year. But that doesn't happen, of course. Best of health and to you and all of your loved ones.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, same to you and yours.
Speaker 1: Take care. Seven to fifty to fifty five krc DE talk station Better around the Corner twenty twenty five can get me the year for you to get rid of the pain. I'm talking joint pain, once and for all, you might be able to walk up it, down the stairs, sit up and get up without struggling, sleep without pain, sleep without Are you to walk without pain, feel normal? That can be you. So, if you're struggling with knee pain, hit pain, joint pain, how about saying goodbye to it. No more steroids, no more steroid injections, pain pills, Nope. If your doctor's talking to you about going under the knife, nope, try QC Kinetics. QC Kinetics use natural regenerative medicine to help you heal naturally. It's your body's own natural healing properties concentrated in placed right there where that pain is. And QC Kinetics and their protocols have helped tens of thousands of people get lasting relief from that constant pain. So how about a better life in twenty twenty five, you've been told surgery is your only option left. How about a second opinion, And that second opinion is free. Schedule a free consultation with the folks at QC Kinetics right here in Cincinnati. Now to do that five one three, eight, four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's QC Kinetics five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC Forever