Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine, the Games Mike the Bulldog Beyond on jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page. Brought you by Rock Freedom and Fireworks happening Saturday, City of Longwood. They do this every year to get the jump on the Fourth of July celebrations Taco. We're going to be out there for well exactly what the name implies, Rock Freedom and Fireworks. Papa Wheelie will be the live entertainment. They're really good, very very good band. We have food, drinks, it's free to get in. Music and fireworks. Ryder Park that is in Longwood right behind the hospital off of four thirty four. We'll be there. It all begins at five o'clock on Saturday. We hope to see out there all right, Doggie, what you got for us? This morning? We'll start with the Round one of the NBA Draft, and with.
Speaker 3: The twenty fifth pick in Round one of the twenty twenty five NBA Draft, the Orlando Magic select Michigan State guard Jace Richardson.
Speaker 4: With that pick.
Speaker 3: Jace Richardson, the son of former Magic player Jason Richardson. He's a six to one guard. He played at Michigan State last year. He's a six to one guard, but you know, a little undersized. But guess what, he has a six to six wingspan. We all know how those NBAGM types loved their wingspan. So yeah, Jason Richardson or Jace Richardson, Jason Richardson comes to Orlando, I don't know how much he's actually gonna play next year. I don't know if he'll even make the rotation. Jeff Weltman, the Magic's president of basketball operations, last night, said, you know, the Magic did have two picks in last night's draft until they made the Desmond Bane trade last week and they gave away one of their first round draft picks, which was number sixteen. Jeff Weltman said they had targeted Jace Richardson at number sixteen, pointing out that he they're getting great value. Again, all NBA GM types talk about the value they get with their picks. I'm a little concerned. He's barely six foot one. In fact, I think he measured six foot and a half inch, which is undersize for a you know, for a combo guard in the NBA. Is not a true point guard. He's actually more of a shooting guard and he did shoot well from three point range?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and did we not have that with Scott Skyles who kicked ass Scott Skyle okay said, but what are you going back forty years now about thirty?
Speaker 2: But hey, you know what I remember.
Speaker 4: When Scott Skyles had thirty assessed to one game.
Speaker 1: Hey, bulldog, bulldog. You know what they say about a big wingspan, right?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just like big feet. Oh wow.
Speaker 3: By the way, Scott Skyle since he quit as the Magic's coach, remember when he quit as the Magic's coach, just said, I don't want to coach the Magic quit. He hasn't been heard from since. Think about that. No, he's living in Mount dor and he's not been heard from since. I've tried to actually do stories on him. Doesn't want to talk. Well, Hey, Scott, I love you. I just gave you know some love on the air. That's takobot. By the way, Cooper Flag of Duke was the number one overall selection by the Dallas Mavericks. That was no big surprise. A little local news here. Did you see the at Montvert Academy out there in is that Lake County, montverd? I believe so yeah, yeah, montvert Academy right here next to Orlando. They had four players selected in the first round of the draft, including number one overall pick Cooper Flag, Liam McNeely, Asa Newell, and Derek Queen. Second time Montverda has had four players selected in the first round. You want to talk about a basketball factory out there in the rolling hills of Lake County, Mont.
Speaker 4: Verd is a is a dynasty out there.
Speaker 3: In fact, I'll say this, if Mont Verg's basketball team from last year had played the Florida Gators, who won the national championship in the in the n C double A.
Speaker 4: Mont verg would have won that game. Please, that's a strong statement. You can't four first round draft picks.
Speaker 1: Come on, Is that one of those schools like the football school down in Miami Pat Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a couple of football schools in the state of Florida.
Speaker 3: The one is the Braid, the one over in Bradenton, the what is that called the IG Academy.
Speaker 1: Where's the one that Taco Falls went to? That was Mont verd Mountain.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So anyway, Walter Clayton, junior Florida Gators guard. Uh.
Speaker 3: He was selected number eighteen overall. Uh, right after he was selected, he was sent to the Utah Jazz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, youah traded right away.
Speaker 4: So he got traded right away, So I was.
Speaker 3: I do believe had he been available at number twenty five of the magic would have taken in right.
Speaker 2: So Orlando City getting a win last night on the road, doggy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 3: You know. Obviously, with with with it being a slow sports time, we're gonna start talking a lot more about Orlando City and the Orlando Pride coming up over the next few weeks. By the way, we do though we usually do absolutely absolutely. By the way, do you guys see that the U that disgusting fan who was Heckley the Arizona Diamondbacks player over his dead mother, he got banned.
Speaker 2: From baseball every stadium in the league. He can no longer enter.
Speaker 3: Yeah and good. Here's the one question I have. Why don't why don't they release this jerk's name? Twenty two year old punk?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why why can't they release his name?
Speaker 3: He should be he should be nationally embarrassed by having his name released.
Speaker 4: Is that something? Is that illegal to do that?
Speaker 2: They release everybody else's names with everything else, why not He's two years old. Take response.
Speaker 3: I think every team in every sport should ban this guy, right.
Speaker 1: Just and thin get they released his name though, I think somebody would probably in this crazy world, well yeah, you never know, yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, it's probably some re litigious thing.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonkey. He is the host of open Mic on AM seven ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings on at Jason Does and he takes a time out from his show to join us for the sports page each morning here on j R R.
Speaker 3: By the way, happy birthday to the Captain himself, not the Captain of the Neil, but Derek Jeter.
Speaker 4: Oh on demand to download the iHeartRadio app