Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: KFI hand KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 3: It's time for your morning wake up call. Here's Amy Kig.
Speaker 4: It's five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Right up, Good Thursday morning. Do you This is your wake up call for March six. I'm Amy King. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Come on, don't hit snooze again.
Speaker 4: Get up.
Speaker 1: You know, yesterday we were talking about Paradise on Amy's on It my favorite favorite show. They just did the season finale and it's all the whole season can be binged now on Hulu. And I got several messages on social media yesterday going Amy, I was listening for your for your review, but I fell back asleep like several people, so they missed it. It was Paradise on Hulu, really good. And then falling back asleep didn't happen.
Speaker 4: This morning.
Speaker 1: The wind woke me up, which was weird because it hasn't been that windy, but in my neighborhood it was blowing around and I thought somebody was trying to break into my back door because it was like rattling the doors.
Speaker 4: So I got up early because they couldn't go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: Speaking of wind and rain and snow, little Jackie is on the nest protecting the little eaglets who.
Speaker 4: Are apparently doing very well.
Speaker 1: We watched them feed several times on the big Bear eagle camera.
Speaker 4: You can watch it anytime.
Speaker 1: It's on my uh it's on my page on the KFI website kfiam six forty dot com. And then go to the wake Up Call page and we've got a link to it where you can see it. And man, the wind is blowing. You could see the nest, but she's protecting them, keeping them nice and warm.
Speaker 4: Birds get seasick, well, if they do, they.
Speaker 1: Probably are now because that nest is blowing. Here's what's ahead on wake Up Call. The rain moving through the Southland is not packing much of a punch. The National Weather Services Andrew Rourke says a third to a half of an inch of rain is expected, but no flooding is expected. Rourke says there are concerns about mud and debris flows in the wildfire burn scars, but this, in his words, isn't much of a storm. Another potentially more powerful storm was going to move through next week, so cal Edison's been sued by La County and the cities of Pasadena and Sierra Madre. They're claiming the utilities transmission lines sparked the wildfire that destroyed more than nine thousand homes in January. The Big three automakers have been given a month to a one month exemption from tariffs on goods from Canada and Mexico. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt says reciprocal tariffs will still go into effect April second. Now break in the tariffs since stock storing, So we're going to talk to ABC's Karen Travers in just a couple of minutes about that and then also what's in store for stocks today when we get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho. That's at five point forty wake up call went out and about to go behind the scenes in Hollywood, and we've got some tickets for you to go check it out too, So keep your phone close. We've got out and about coming up at five point thirty five. There's a lot of assistance out there for fire victims, but not for much longer. We're going to be talking with FEMA this morning about what is available, who is eligible, and the deadlines that are coming up very quickly. That is at five twenty, and then at five point fifty, we're going to tell you about a birthday party this weekend that is being thrown for a couple hundred kids who didn't get to celebrate their birthdays because of the wildfires.
Speaker 4: Pretty special stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four our newsroom. RAY means potentially dangerous driving conditions. Caltrand says it is monitoring the roads and warning drive to use some basic safety tips before they travel.
Speaker 5: They avoid flooded areas and padding an extra time to to your trip expecting to lave.
Speaker 1: Cal trans Nathan Bass says they will also be keeping a close eye on the Grapevine where it is expected to snow.
Speaker 5: We'll be preparing the road there with a mixture of sand and ash to help melt and provide trash on the road.
Speaker 4: He says.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is stay off the roads if you can when the weather is really bad. LA Mayor, Bass and fire recovery leaders are expected to make what they're calling an important announcement for residents of the Palisades. They're also expected to highlight progress made to speed up the rebuilding process and get people back home. CAFI is going to be monitoring and we'll bring you the latest. So Cal Edison has been sued by La County and two cities over one of the big fires in January.
Speaker 6: Lawsuits brought by the county and the cities of Sierra Madre and Pasadena blame the utility for the destructive et and fire. In separate suits, the local governments say there is compelling evidence that the fire was started at the site of SoCal Edison equipment. The utility has stated publicly before that it is investigating, but it could take months to know whether SoCal Edison equipment was the cause. The lawsuits brought by the county and the city seek to recover costs associated with the response and recovery. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 7: Attention all seniors, this is Steve Carrell with a very special announcement.
Speaker 1: Corell posted a video online. It was directed at students who were affected by the wildfire in Altadena. He says he has partnered with a charity called Alice's Kids to pay for their prom tickets, and if you have.
Speaker 7: Already paid for your prom tickets, they will reimburse you for your prom tickets.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 4: He's so funny.
Speaker 1: The organization is donating about one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars to seniors at six high schools in Altadena. Alice's Kids says it wanted to erase the worry of paying for tickets, knowing the financial pressure many families are going through. Let's say good morning now to ABC's Karen Travers. Karen, bit of a reprieve when it comes to tariffs. What is off the table for now?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the big three automakers Ford, Stilantis, and GM got a temporary reprieve from the twenty five percent terraffs on products coming into the US from Mexico and Canada. The CEOs of these companies called the President, made a personal sales pitch, and the President agreed to pause the tariffs for a month on cars and parts coming into the US. These companies are applauding this. The stock market liked it yesterday too, and rallied yesterday on the news and they're saying that the delay will help the American automotive sector thrive. The White House has been very clear this is not permanent, This is a short term fix. They want these companies to shift their production to the US. Katie Vance said yesterday that the way to avoid terriffs is to have your factory and facility here in the US. That's hard to do in a month. I mean, you imagine trying to start a business in a month. Imagine trying to start a car plant in a month. So really they're not going to be able to do that, but it does give them some breathing room to stock up on parts that they would be getting from those countries and as they're making cars now over the next month. You know, cars go back and forth across the border, some of them do as they're being made. The production lines are across the border. If that were happening with the tariffs in place, every time they went across they would be subjected to tariffs, so that cost would go up, and experts say, you know that that would potentially raise the cost of a car by thousands of dollars, maybe for a new car three thousand dollars on average. So this pause doesn't mean that, you know, the cars that are in production now for the next month won't be subjected to that. But at the end of the month, we're not sure them what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it seems like it would get very confusing with some on, some off and kind of keeping track of that. And like you said, every time it goes across the border, there's a tariff, and then it goes back south. Yeah, and there's a tiff, and then it goes back north and there's a terriff.
Speaker 8: Very complex, and you know, you think the other big question now too is who else is going to ask for exemption?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: You know, you can imagine the phone at the White House ringing off the hook of like, well, if they got it, what about us? And yesterday my colleague Rachel Scott asked the White House if there would be a consideration of an exemption for eggs imported from Canada. Prices of eggs have gone up, there are shortages right now and last year we imported forty three million dollars of eggs from Canada. Carolin Lembet, the Press Secretary, wouldn't commit to anything specific, wouldn't talk about specific sectors that could get exemptions, but did say, the President is open to hearing about additional exemptions. Basically, the phone lines are open, so I think if you're a CEO or you're running a business or something, you know, give a call see if you can get one too.
Speaker 1: And a lot of people are worried about food. Avocados, bananas, and strawberries mentioned specifically.
Speaker 4: Is there any chance those.
Speaker 1: Might be modified or do you have any rumblings of anything else that might be in the works.
Speaker 8: Not specifically coming from the White House, but the President is talking to the President of Mexico this morning and she has held off on the official plan for retaliatory tariffs, thinking that me there could be negotiating room today in the conversation with the President. So we're waiting to see what happened after that phone call today.
Speaker 1: Okay, ABC's Karen Travers, thank you so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Have a great day, all right, you too.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. President Trump has met in the Oval Office with more than a half dozen hostages freed from Gaza.
Speaker 6: We will take it to Roctavishana.
Speaker 1: They told the President about their treatment by Hamas and said they didn't think they'd make it out.
Speaker 3: Well, you better let us have those people back. Yeah, you better let them out.
Speaker 9: We did say that and something happened to it.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Know, you're to get the rest of the game, Trump reassured them, saying we will get them out. President Trump then issued what he calls a last warning to Hamas, demanding the release of all hostages and the return of murdered victim's bodies. He posted the message after the White House confirmed that US officials had held direct talks with Hamas. The talks, focused on releasing American hostages and ending the war, took place in Qatar, but reportedly there wasn't any progress. Trump also pledged full support to Israel in its efforts against the terror group. About five thousand workers are getting their jobs back at the US Department of Agriculture. Federal officials say the firings may have been unlawful, and employees are getting their jobs back for at least the next forty five days. The ruling only applies to the probationary employees fired from the USDA, no other agencies. Elon Musk Is met with Senate Republicans in Washington to talk about the cuts by his Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 9: You know, there's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of opportunities here for expenditures in the government.
Speaker 1: They met in private for about two hours yesterday. Kentucky Senator Rand Paul says he told Musk they need to put the cuts in a spending package and get it passed. Several senators say Musk was surprised to learn that there was a legislative way to make the DOGE cuts permanent.
Speaker 4: The chief of.
Speaker 1: Staff for House Speaker Mike Johnson's been busted for dui.
Speaker 10: Hayden Haynes, a powerful aid on Capitol Hill, was arrested Tuesday for drunken driving after President Trump's joint addressed to Congress. Police say he backed his car into a Capital vehicle around midnight. He was arrested but released with a citation to appear in court.
Speaker 4: Kfis Mark Mayfield, says.
Speaker 1: Speaker Johnson says he stands by his chief of staff and will allow him to keep leading the office. The Pentagon is signing an AI deal for military planning and operations. The program, called thunder Forge, will use startup scale AI to make the decision making process faster. The program focuses on using Microsoft's large language model systems to develop and deploy AI technology. This is all sounding very terminator ish. Really, what was that called sky sky Nett? Yeah, Okay, here's something else. It's kind of sci fi e It's almost time for the Season of the Force at Disneyland.
Speaker 11: Visitors from across the Galaxy are invited to the Season of the Force celebration at Disneyland, including new foods, the merchandise, and new nightly projection show in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge called Shadows of a Memory, a Skywalker saga. Fans can also meet Luke Skywalker in Battu for a limited time, and fire of the Rising Moon will give partgoers a different view of the evening fireworks. May the Force be with you during the event, which runs March twenty eight through May eleventh.
Speaker 4: How the Brooker Kfi.
Speaker 1: News If you haven't checked that out, it is really it's a fun time. It's a fun time, the Season of the Force at Disneyland.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: Here's something else, it's really fun. That's coming up. You can join the wake Up Call crew at the Wiggle Waggle Walk and run for Pasadena Humane. It's coming up Sunday, April sixth, and we're going to do it where we did it last year in the year before at Brookside Park at the Rose Bowl. It's a beautiful walk to start your day. The event opens at eight. The walk and runs starts at nine, and there's not only an opportunity to walk, but there are vendors and food trucks, and there's training demonstrations if you want to bring your pup with you, snacks for your pup, snacks for your pup, lots of vendors giving away lots of yummy, yummy treats for the pups. And there's also a dog costume contest. Now I don't have a dog. Jennifer Jones used to dress up all her dogs and take them and try to wrangle them.
Speaker 4: That was always a lot of fun. Carlio Keine would dress up himself as a dog.
Speaker 1: Last time, I think he was a blow up rabbit. Okay, yeah, yeah, we'll see if Nick's going to join us this year. You can stop by the KFI booth near the stage say hi, grab an exclusive k FI swag bag. Of course, quantities are limited. First three hundred people who stop by you can join our team. We are the Wake Up Call Wigglers and walk with us. And if you can't join us on the day for the Wiggle Waggle Walk, you can still donate and help us reach our goal. It's about ten thousand dollars. So here's how you can join us. You can join the team or donate at kfi AM six forty dot com slash wiggle and this is one of Pasadena Humane's biggest fundraisers of the year. They do such important work to help dogs and cats and other animals get into their forever homes and they really need the help now because of the wildfires where they have done such amazing work and rescued and done surgeries on and just taking care of so many animals and are working to get them reunited with their owners, keeping them in the kennels until they can get back to their homes because some of their owners don't have a home to go back to and so they're boarding them for now.
Speaker 4: So Pasadena Humane, we love them again.
Speaker 1: Join us for the Wiggle Waggle Walk April sixth, Brookside Park, Rose Bowl KFIAM six forty dot com slash wiggle to join us. The Menendez Brothers have challenged the La County DA's recommendation to reject their request for a new trial. Eric and Lylemanendez argue that new evidence and witness testimonies could significantly impact their case. The brothers continue to serve life sentences for murdering their parents in their home in nineteen eighty nine. The City of La needs three point three million dollars to keep crossing guards on the job for the rest of the school year. City Council yesterday directed at administrative officer to find the funding to make that happen. Crossing guards keep kids safe outside and near hundreds of schools around La. The La Chargers have released star linebacker Joey Bosa after nine seasons that freeze up more than twenty five million dollars in salary cap space for the Bolts. Let's say good morning now to Latanga Hopes, the media relations specialist and Disaster Operations Division leader for FEMA. Good morning, Latanga, good morning. Thank you so much for coming on today. We wanted to have you on because we know that FEMA is helping so many people in southern California whose homes were either lost or damaged by the fires. And there are some important deadlines approaching. First of all, let's talk about who can apply for this assistance in case somebody might be listening and they didn't realize that they still qualify.
Speaker 12: Alrighty, let's start with homeowners. Those are people with and without insurance, renters, and even independent students. And I'd also like to add an asterisk if your home is still standing and it did not burn to the ground, if you live within La County and was impacted by the fire, you too should also apply.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we have somebody who works here, Tuala. He works in the evenings with mo Kelly. His hell home made it through the fires, but it's uninhabitable because there was so much damage from all the smoke.
Speaker 12: And what we're finding is that there's been some people that have self excluded themselves and interpreted our outreach to me that if your house burned down, that you should apply. Anybody that was impacted by this fire, under any circumstances should apply.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 1: Good to know, Latanga, And what kind of assistance does FEMA offer. Is it just money or is that other physical assistance as well?
Speaker 12: Now we have an array of types of assistance that we can help with. We provide a cash grant. This is money that does not need to be repaid. That's the first thing that you need to know, and neither do you need to report it to your taxes. Now, after we get past that part, you simply need to submit your application and explain your story. That's the thing that you want to do. Of course, we talk about repairing and rebuilding your home. We may help with transportation, storage, believe it or not. Childcare may even be an issue, and if I understand, in the Altadena community, many of the child care facilities earned. So those are things that you may want to discuss. And there are other categories as well that may be useful. Consider this. We can help people that may be self employed. That's important if you are unable to return to work. There's a disaster unemployment insurance assystems that could be made available to you as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, so so many options.
Speaker 1: So when you go and you apply for it, just make sure you tell them everything that's going on. We've talked so many times about how far reaching the devastation is that it affects. You know, right after the fires, people didn't know where to find a toothbrush, you know, But I mean, it affects every aspect of your life, and that's where FEMA can can come in and hopefully help you.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where do people apply? Latanga?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 12: There are four options and the reason why this is important we have a deadline. So thank you for giving us this opportunity to share the information. You can apply simply by going using your phone and going to one eight hundred six two one three three six two, call that number and apply using that number. You can also go online to Disaster Assistance dot gov and go there complete tr application online. There's a FEMA app. And then finally, we have two different disaster recovery centers that are currently open and operating. We call them one stop shops because not only can you be facilitated and receive resources from the federal government, state government is there, county and city. Everybody has culminated together to make sure that any resource that you may need can be provided in this one place. And don't forget we also have debris removal and this.
Speaker 5: Is at no cost.
Speaker 12: And that could be a tedious and just overcoming process. The federal government is providing those resources at no cost to the homeowners.
Speaker 1: I love that, okay, and We're going to put this information on our wake up Call page on the website too, So if you missed with Latanga, the numbers and that kind of stuff, you can go and check out on the wake up call page.
Speaker 4: Okay, so go.
Speaker 1: There are some of the deadlines again, because there's a couple of them coming up, we want to make sure people don't miss them already.
Speaker 12: Again, let's start with a FEMA one. That one is going to be on March tenth, and that's going to be at eleven fifty nine pm. You've got up until that time, so consider using any of those resources that we talked about. Along with that, the Disaster Unemployment assistance will also end on that date. The Small Business Administration, that's a team where most people think that when they come in that they can only assist with businesses, but the Small Business Administration team can help home owners as well. They have really low cost interest rates, very competitive, and they have an extenuated repayment plan that can go out to at least thirty years. Now, those are the deadlines that will end on March tenth. Please learn more about these programs and apply.
Speaker 4: Okay, the only thing it's going to cost you the time, A little.
Speaker 1: Bit of time is going to help out a lot it because as we know, a lot of people still need a lot of help, So Disaster Assistance dot gov or the FEMA app. And again we'll put this up on the wake Up Call page. But go get the information, make sure you apply. And if maybe you know somebody who might think, oh, I don't know if I qualify for assistance, give him a little nudge because they're here to help. Latanga Hopes, thank you so much for your time and the information. So important that we're getting that out because so many people were affected.
Speaker 4: We appreciated a ton.
Speaker 12: Thank you very much for giving us this opportunity.
Speaker 4: How a great day, all right, thank you, Latanga.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. The jury in the trial of an Orange County judge charged with killing his wife as asked for and heard more arguments as they worked to break an impass. Each side got about ten minutes yesterday to present more of their case. The jury has to decide if the shooting in twenty twenty three was second degree murder or involuntary manslaughter, or they could find Jeffrey Ferguson not guilty. He claims the shooting was an accident. Kfi's Michael Monks is following the developments. He'll be lyned throughout the day with the latest. Officials in New Mexico are expected to release more information this afternoon on the deaths of Gene Hackman and his wife. The couple was found dead in their home in Santa Fe last week in separate parts of the house. Investigators say it looked like they had been dead for a while. The sheriff said there were no obvious signs of what killed them and that a gas leak had been ruled out. The Justice Department is investigating allegations of anti semitism at u SEE campuses.
Speaker 14: DOJ officials are looking into whether the college is engaged in a pattern of discrimination against Jewish professor's staff and other employees. During pro Palestinian demonstrations in twenty twenty four over the Israel Lamas War, UCLA experienced moments that law enforcement deemed unlawful when the demonstrations turned violent. The DOJ is sending a federal task force to ten campuses nationwide that have experienced anti Semitic incidents. Andrew Caravella Kafi News Well.
Speaker 1: Police are looking into the theft of a six year old boy's pony in Harupa Valley. The family found broken fencing and bolt cutters nearby on Friday. That's when they knew Little Evil had been taken. They're raising money for a replacement pony, but say they're still hoping to get the horse back as the boy was just learning to ride it. A study from UC San Diego has found vaping does not help smokers quit and may even make it harder. The research published yesterday looked at thousands of smokers and East Sig users. Daily vapors had a four point one percent lower quit rate, while occasional vapors had a five point three percent lower rate compared to non vapors. Researchers say the long term health effects of a being are still unknown, but that public health policies should be based on strong scientific evidence, especially with how East SIGs are marketed. And A cheeto that looks like a Pokemon character has sold at auction for just under eighty eight thousand dollars. It's a three inch long flame and hot cheeto discovered and preserved between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two by First and Goal Collectibles. Yep, they're collecting cheetos. It went viral on social media late last year. Does look like a little dragon? According to the listing, there were sixty bids on the Charizard shaped snack. Apparently, Charizard is the name of the Pokemon character. H Yeah, it did look like a little dragon, but eighty eight thousand dollars. Really it's a cheeto.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: La County and the city's of Pasadena and Sierra Madre are suing Southern California Edison over the fire in Altadena. The suit seeks to recover costs and damages from the Eaten fire that destroyed about nine thousand homes and killed seventeen people in January. A new report out of Uclas's President Trump's economic and immigration policies have increased economic uncertainties in the state.
Speaker 4: The study says while the state's.
Speaker 1: Economy is predicted to grow on par with the rest of the country for the next two years, actual growth could slow if illegal immigrant workers are deported or drop out of the workforce fear of being deported. Two hikers have been rescued after falling eight hundred feet down a cliff and spending three days stranded in the San Jacinto Mountains. Rescuers say the hikers survived broken bones, snowfall, and overnight temperatures down to fifteen degrees. A helicopter was able to pick him up from Takeith's Peak above Idlewild yesterday. They were both taken to the hospital. Oh my gosh, that's scary. Glad that they got out. Okay, we're going out and about this week to a place that I drive by all the time. I've always wanted to go take a tour, but have never gone inside. It's the Warner Brothers Studio Tour, Hollywood. So we went ahead and went out in about two Warner Brothers and we got our tour guide Jim, to take us behind the scenes and show us how Hollywood makes its magic.
Speaker 4: So, Jim, what are we going to see?
Speaker 2: You'll see everything from where we drew Bugs, Money and the road Runner, to where we.
Speaker 3: Filmed James Theing movie East of Eden, to.
Speaker 2: Where we're currently filming George and Mandy's first marriage, Brand New show everything in between.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Which is so cool.
Speaker 1: We've been you go by and in these little carts as you take the tour and you show us the different sound stages. So what are some of the shows that are in production or were in production that we're going to recognize?
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Friends is certainly one of the most popular shows. Gilmour Girls is another popular show that all of our guests seem to want to hear about, Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, which wrapped it's run last season. Currently filming Georgia Mandy's first marriage. A new Chuck Lory production called Leanne starring Leanne Morgan is filming on the Friends stage. Shrinking is filming today on the lot.
Speaker 4: Wait, Shrinking, that's right. I love that. We hear that the Shrinking writers are around here too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, with these offices here, we're on historic Laramie Street where all the famous westerns from Warner Brothers television back in the fifties and sixties were film Maverick Wait, this.
Speaker 4: Was a street that was for westerns.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Hundreds of episodes of westerns were filmed out here.
Speaker 3: Blazing Saddles filmed right on this street.
Speaker 4: No way, this is where Blazing Sattles.
Speaker 2: Was absolutely one of the last major westerns that were filmed here. And the need for Westerns kind of abated and we've turned it into a Northeastern suburb.
Speaker 4: I love it, okay.
Speaker 1: And then some of the other places that we've kind of weaved around in our cart that people are going to see.
Speaker 4: Is there is a place? Is it New York Street?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay? What are some things that we're going to know from New York Street?
Speaker 2: So something As for classic fans, A Star is Born with Judy Garland and James Mason, Barbara Streisan and Robert Redford filmed a number of scenes on that street from where we were.
Speaker 3: From the way we were, it.
Speaker 2: Was Ridley Scott's Blade Runner. It was futuristic Los Angeles, which I think in that movie the future was twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: So we're here here today.
Speaker 2: Big Bang Theory filmed out there, and three weeks ago we filmed it as a theater in Philadelphia on Abbott Elementary. So these sets and facades are used for the past seventy five one hundred years, so.
Speaker 1: Not only historical stuff, but stuff that's going on today, which is so fun and through the magic of movies, they dress up these sets and make them look like completely different places, different worlds.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, one of the things you point on the tour the Smelly Cat video.
Speaker 3: That's everybody from Friends and Friends.
Speaker 2: As I'm watching that on television, I look in the background and I know that that's where the Spider Man Upside Down Kiss was filmed. Right, you'll tell on that back wall with Toby Maguire and Kristen Doun. So it's you know, as you're looking at all of these things, Tom Cruise walked along there in the Last Samurai Jet, Law danced the jig there in AI. Artificial Intelligence is Steven Spielberg film.
Speaker 4: So so there's so much history there. And then not only do you take the studio tour where you drive around and you go this is this, and this is this, and this is that and this will be that, then there's also an interactive component to the tour.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely. You know, we don't operate from a script. We take questions from our guests as we're going on the tours. Then we've got our Stage forty eight, where we've got the sets from Friends and Big Bang Theory and costumes from the past where you can take a walk and look around, special effects displays where you can overlay special effects onto films and.
Speaker 3: See how it's done.
Speaker 2: We have a great short film on how we put sound over movies with gravity with George Cloney and Sandra Bullock. Just fascinating insights into how movies are made, not only where they were made and who was in them, but the art of how you make movies from the beginning to the end.
Speaker 4: And I'm a total Batman fan.
Speaker 1: And there's a whole area of DC comics and a lot of Batman.
Speaker 2: We have three or four different batmobiles in there. I think we've got every iteration of the bat suit that the different actors wore in and these are.
Speaker 4: The ones that the actors actually wore. This isn't a replica, this is what they actually wore in the movies.
Speaker 3: So they're the real ones.
Speaker 4: That's so cool. So when are these tours offered? When can people come?
Speaker 3: We're open all year year round.
Speaker 2: From first tour leaves at nine in the morning, last tour leaves at four in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: And they go like every ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Seven days a week, ten minutes, come on down.
Speaker 2: It's an effortless efforts, effortless process.
Speaker 1: And it's so fun to look at Hollywood. If you're at all interested, whether you've got your friends in town or not. This is a cool place to go out and about. And where do we find more information? It's which WB Studios Studio Tour dot com, wbstudiotour dot com.
Speaker 3: You got it.
Speaker 2: Find all the information you need, buy your tickets on there and get all the information that you need.
Speaker 4: Jim, thank you so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: My pleasure. It's wonderful having you.
Speaker 1: We're out and about at Warner Brothers Studio Tour Hollywood and if you want to get tickets, find out more information wbstudiotour dot com. I posted a couple of teaser videos on my social on my story and also on my reels at amy Kking if you want to check those out. And then I've got a video of the actual interview. I'm still working out some bugs because I had to edit it myself, but that's going to be posted in just a little while too at amy K King. Also at KF I am six forty would love for you to follow me.
Speaker 4: And a fun insider fact.
Speaker 1: After we took the tour, I was watching my favorite show Paradise and I went, Wow, that looks familiar, and so I reached out to the tour guide and I said, is that from Paradise? And they said, yes, Paradise was filmed on the Warner Brothers lot.
Speaker 4: Who knew. Pretty cool?
Speaker 1: Huh Again, We're going to be giving away tickets in just a minute, so don't go away. But right now it's time to get in your business with Bloomberg's Courtney Donaho. Good morning, Courtney, Good morning Amy. Okay, let's start with the crazy week on Wall Street because of tariffs.
Speaker 13: You know what, sometimes they need a drink early, early in the morning, and this week really is prompting all of that. That's when the box line comes out in full force. Because it's definitely been a volatile week here. Traders have been focused on the latest developments around tariffs what all of that means for the economy. So yesterday all three major benchmarks rose more than one percent.
Speaker 4: We had a little bit of a reprieve.
Speaker 13: The Dow gained four hundred eighty six points after the President says he's exempting automakers from tariffs for one month. Everybody's hoping that would continue. Doesn't seem the case this morning, so we are seeing sell off ahead because there.
Speaker 4: Is just so much anxiety around tariffs.
Speaker 13: If the market's open right now, the doubt would be down three hundred and seventy points. The S and P futures they're looking at a loss of one point one percent.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we'll be watching it.
Speaker 1: You know what is fascinating to me how quickly and how much the markets just knee jerk react to this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: It's not like, oh, we'll just head your bets a little bit. It's just like wham, because.
Speaker 1: Yesterday it was how it was down four five hundred points at some point.
Speaker 8: Hm.
Speaker 15: Well.
Speaker 13: A lot of companies also have been coming out and giving a bit of a warning because now they're realizing what's going on with their supply chain, and that's adding to some of the issues that we're seeing right now. For example, shares of Macy's taking a hit this morning, so they're joining a parade of retailers in issuing a downbeat outlook for sales and profits this year. They say, consumer confidence is sinking. We have inflation that we're dealing with that consumers and shoppers are dealing with, and the new tariffs.
Speaker 4: That's adding a whole uncertain outlook.
Speaker 13: And Victoria's secret also gave a financial forecast for the year that fell well short Wall Street expectations and not sending their shares lower in the pre market. And it's all of this uncertainty that's putting pressure on the consumer right now.
Speaker 4: That's what they're saying. But it makes your job lots of fun.
Speaker 13: Oh, it keeps me busy every single time. Bloombers is a concern for people. You know what we're seeing with all these prices for example, I mean Walmart just came out and they said they are asking their Chinese suppliers to come up with major price cuts. So that's what some of the sources are telling us, but only a few suppliers have agreed. So we'll see what's going to happen there with some of the products you have these companies.
Speaker 1: We will continue to watch Bloomberg's Courtney Donahoe getting in your business.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. We'll talk to you again tomorrow, talk to you later.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. More rain is expected in southern California through today.
Speaker 10: The National Weather Service has the greatest chance for rain today will come between noon and six pm. Some places could also see thunderstorms before the storm moves out tonight.
Speaker 1: KFI as Mark Mayfield says, the San Bernardino Mountains could see between four and twelve inches of snow, depending on the elevation. A task Force Sinela Counties released its report on how street racing and illegal street takeovers could be stopped. Damian Kevitt with Streetser for Everyone says there are far reaching consequences for the sometimes deadly races.
Speaker 16: Communities that are affected the mental health issues of having street racing night after night in their communities. Even if they're not personally impacted, they're impacted by being in that community.
Speaker 1: The task force is recommended more community outreach to deter the activity, while also looking for a venue where racing can happen legally. There were hundreds of reported violations in county in the second half of last year, with the most being reported in Compton and Carson Hospitals. Across the USA, they see a significant spike in the number of heart attacks on the Monday after we spring forward, and that's going to be this coming Monday. The switch to daylight saving time is Sunday at two am. The reason for the increase in heart attacks is a specifically known, but experts say the lost hour of sleep plays a big role because of the disruption of the body's natural rhythm. One way to combat that change, according to researchers, is to start going to bed and waking up fifteen minutes earlier two to three days before the change. So that'd be starting now. Ooh, I inadvertently did it because the wind woke me up like fifteen minutes early this morning.
Speaker 4: I'm on track and you nearly had a heart attack because.
Speaker 1: I thought somebody was breaking in. Okay, let's give away some tickets. We have a pair of tickets for you to go to Warner Brothers Studio Tour Hollywood.
Speaker 4: It's a fabulous way to spend an afternoon.
Speaker 1: And uh, let's do caller number seven, Lucky number seven at eight hundred five to zero one KFI one eight hundred five two zero one five three four Again it's a pair of tickets to the Warner Brothers Studio Tour, Hollywood, right here in Burbank. And it's a great ride again one eight hundred five to two oh one KFI eight hundred five two oh one five three four. La County is suing, so cal Edison over the fire and Alta Dina, also Sierra Madre and Pasadena joined in the lawsuit. The suit seeks to recover costs and damages from the Eaton fire that destroyed about nine thousand homes and killed seventeen people. The lawsuit claims that witnesses, photos, and videos show the fire started directly under Edison transmission lines in Eaton Canyon. Time is running out, as I just mentioned, for people who have lost their homes their homes were damaged in the Pacific Palisades in Altadena. Residents have until March thirty first to request having the US Army Corps of Engineer removed debris from the property, and residents have until March tenth, that's this Monday, to request FEMA assistance. The Department of Justice has launched a civil rights investigation into allegations of anti Semitism at u See campuses, where pro Palestinian protests broke out over the Israel Hamas War. We're just minutes away from Handle on the news this morning, and you can bet he's got some stuff to say about tariffs.
Speaker 4: Let's say good morning right now. Though.
Speaker 1: Two The Birthday Party Project founder and CEO Paige Lohafer page. You're getting ready for the biggest, best birthday party ever.
Speaker 4: Please tell us about it?
Speaker 15: Hey, Amy, Yes, we're so excited to welcome families who have been displaced due to the LA wildfires. We will be welcoming on them onto the DreamWorks campus this weekend to celebrate birthdays. We believe that joy changes lives, and we think that in a time that feels probably really uncertain, that this is the best time to bring families together and to remind them that they are worthy of a celebration.
Speaker 4: Okay, and how did you find these kids page?
Speaker 15: Yes, so, we have great partners with the La County YMCA as well as Dream Center. They're the ones right now that are on the ground doing the work to help families recover from the wildfires. And so because we partner with homeless shelters and transitional living facilities to celebrate the lives of children who are experiencing homelessness and transition, we felt like this was a perfect way to be able to reach kids and really hard to reach places right now, and so they've come alongside of us to ensure that the families that they are supporting get to be part of the celebration.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: And then tell us about the party itself. You said it's a dream Work so that's going to be cool.
Speaker 12: And can you imagine, no, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Is it this Saturday?
Speaker 15: It's this Saturday. We'll be welcoming in about two hundred family members into a larger than life carnival themed bash with lots of games and of course fun prizes from every dream Works character imaginable. It will be about two hours long, just enough time for us to really be able to connect with our families, allow the kids to run around, eat a lot of sugar, and then let them go on their way with their family.
Speaker 9: I love that.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna have some special appearances from Gabby's Dollhouse characters.
Speaker 15: Yes, we are so excited. You know, Gabby just celebrated her birthday and so she is sharing it with us and with the kids that we get to celebrate this weekend, and so Gabby will be there to surprise our birthday kids are we are so excited about that.
Speaker 1: And I'm guessing there's going to be lots of photo ops, which the kids and the parents are.
Speaker 15: Going to love, don't you know. And one of the things that we love about taking photos at our parties is that we know that families who are especially right now who have been affected by wildfires, most likely most of those photos are no longer in their possession. They may own some of them on a camera roll on their phone, but they don't have physical photos. So every single party that we host around the country, but this one in particular, we want to make sure that families leave with capturing the memories from that moment this weekend.
Speaker 4: Paige, you just made me cry. I mean, I didn't you know.
Speaker 1: That's such a good point because again, these families lost absolutely everything.
Speaker 4: And Paige, I want to talk to you a little bit about the Birthday Project. Yeah, because this isn't anything new.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you're putting this together and you go, wow, that's great, But this is something that you guys do all the time.
Speaker 15: We do. We do have the opportunity to partner with homeless shelters transitional living facilities in Los Angeles area, but actually all around the country, and every single month we come in and host birthday parties to celebrate those children who are experiencing homelessness. But the best part for us is that we invite all the other kids and family members who are staying at that agency to participate in the party. We believe that we all want to be seen and known and celebrated, and we think the best way to do that is through a celebration where we can all connect and be together.
Speaker 1: Right and what better excuse to throw a big birthday party? How are you guys funded? Paige?
Speaker 15: We love when people share their birthday with us, just like Gabby is doing this weekend. So people can share their birthday with us. We will take donations from any individual or any individual or company, but we are funded by the power of people from big partners like Oriental Trading Company, who is helping us this weekend, to an eight year old who recently drops off gifts and gift cards to us that he collected at his birthday party. We absolutely run base because of the people that are around us and say yes to our mission.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 1: And where can people make a donation if they want to? It's their website you can show them to.
Speaker 15: Yeah, thanks Amy, It's the Birthday Party Project dot org.
Speaker 4: The Birthday Party Project dot org.
Speaker 1: So if you want to bring a little joy to a child who's missed birthday, celebration because of the wild for fires, or because they don't have a home and parents might not have the money to throw a party for them. You can donate and it's the Birthday Party Project.
Speaker 4: Paige.
Speaker 1: I love what you guys are doing making Saturday a very special day for a lot of kids who missed out on their birthdays this year of those stupid fires.
Speaker 8: I know, I know.
Speaker 15: Thanks Amy, We are thrilled to welcome them on Saturday. And thanks for the opportunity to share a little bit more.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 1: That's the founder and CEO of the Birthday Party Project, Paige Lohoffer Page.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: I love that. Isn't that great? How and they get to do it at DreamWorks?
Speaker 7: Fine?
Speaker 4: So cool, donkey.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. President Trump has given carmakers a temporary exemption from his twenty five percent tariffs on Canada and Mexico. White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt says Trump spoke with the leaders of the Big three automakers yesterday.
Speaker 8: So the three companies that he spoke to our stilantisport in General Motors. They requested the call they made be asked and the President is happy to do it.
Speaker 3: It's a one month exemption.
Speaker 4: She says.
Speaker 1: It was granted so the automakers are not at an economic disadvantage. LAPD chief Jim McDonald says he'd like to see the department have more than ten thousand officers.
Speaker 4: Again, the chief says.
Speaker 6: There's about eighty eight hundred officers, but the LAPD is budgeted to have ninety five hundred. McDonald told kfi's Tim Conway's show he tries to make the pitch to potential new recruits everywhere he goes.
Speaker 9: No better job out there, pay benefits, long term pension and give to be able to do things for people and have the satisfaction at the end of the day that you made somebody's worth day just a little bit more manageable.
Speaker 6: The LPD pays for a large marketing campaign, but the officer count hasn't gone up. Michael Monks KFI News.
Speaker 1: The makers of the weight loss drug Wigo V will begin offering the drug directly to patients at a reduced cost. Drug company Novo Nordisk announced yesterday it's starting Novo Care Pharmacy. It's a program that will offer direct to patients sales to underinsured or uninsured customers. The program will sell with GOVY for four hundred and ninety nine dollars a month to customers who pay cash. That's a whole lot less than the list price of over thirteen hundred dollars. Legoland will host the world's largest Lego festival. Lego Land, California resort in Carlsbad is going to host the festival this spring. The event will include dozens of new large scale Lego models. The Lego f Festival starts May third runs for six weekends. I love it when they make those massive legos. I know they've got some like at Disneyland, where it's just amazing what they do with a Lego. Here's something else amazing. We just gave away a pair of tickets to Warner Brothers Studio Tour Hollywood. Congratulations to Jeff Trail who lives in Hollywood and has never been on the studio tour. I love that, right, Okay, And if you want to go on the studio Tour and didn't win, you can go to WB Studio Tour dot com. And also I invite you to check out my Instagram. I'm going to be posting the interview that we did with our tour tour guide Jim at Amy K King and at KFI AM six forty and would love for you to follow me as well. Okay, this is KFI and KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County, Southland. Weather from KFI clouds, light chance of rain this morning, then showers this afternoon. Heights in the fifties to about sixty forties and fifties in the Antelope Valley was no possible above thirty five one hundred feet. A winter storm warnings up in the mountains around Big Bear with about nine inches of snow possible. Look for showers off and on tonight, drying out and back to sunny skies tomorrow with highs in the fifties to lose sixties. It's going to be sunny with highs in the sixties to mid seventies for the weekend, and then another storm is rolling in starting on Monday. It's fifty one in Costa Mesa, forty eight, your Belinda forty six in Claremont forty six in Studio City. We lead local live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. I'm Amy King. This has been your wake up call and again. If you missed any wake up call, you can listen anytime. It's on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.