Speaker 1: Okay, hey everybody, welcome to Game mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: In this episode, we're gonna be talking about Nintendo dropping an amazing strategy RPG on the switch to an Xbox holding back a secret game for its upcoming showcase.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one because we have.
Speaker 1: Rachel Kazer on the showing.
Speaker 3: I Happy New Year, Jeff. I'm so happy to see you again. And for the record, everyone, the only reason I'm here is fire emblem.
Speaker 2: That's right. Well, you messaged me last night.
Speaker 1: I think we probably talked about it last time you were on the show, and then yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I messaged you at like ten o'clock last night when I saw the news and it was it was literally just like a like a string.
Speaker 1: Of emojis, yes, exactly, like just an exclamation points.
Speaker 2: Mostly. I'm excited too.
Speaker 1: I've started Path Radiance a couple times, really enjoyed it, and then of course it was like, oh, I got distracted by some new game I got to play for work. I might use this as the excuse to fully go back to it. I'm assuming you've played through Path of Radiance before.
Speaker 3: Or actually I actually have not. It's a fire Amarm game I've never played. It's it's one of the few firemom games I've never played because I didn't own a game cube, but I mean I owned a you So I played Radiant Dawn, which is the.
Speaker 2: Secret very similar, yes to follow up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've never actually played Path of Radiance itself, So I'm excited. It's not it's not the remake I was hoping for, but I'm hoping all of this interest in Fire Emblem will mean that the next Fire Emblem game we get after Fortune's Weave might be a genealogy of the Holy War remake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like that's still happening at some point. But yeah, there's a lot of Fireblom happening happening these days. That's uh, that's exciting. We will talk about all the details there here in a second.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Other than that, how was how was your New Year? How were how are your holidays? How how's things down in Texas?
Speaker 3: It? I mean it's it's very warm even by Texas standards for winter. Like I think the Old Snap is finally coming next week, But it was like seven degrees on Christmas.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it was kind of up until Christmas, and then as Christmas got here, it's like, okay, we're gonna go melt all the snow, and then it's it came back, and now we're back to everything's melted, which is kind of been the standard for the last little bit. But uh, boy, I liked having the snow. Uh you do anything fun for New Year's or anything?
Speaker 3: Not? Not really, We're just kind of staying home eating Chinese food because the Chinese, the Chinese food places are always open. No, never, they never have, never let me down. But yeah, we were just kind of hanging out and working on our New Year's resolutions. I want to read more books. My first book is was it The Red House Mystery? Which is I did not Did you know that the author of Winnie the Pooh wrote a mystery novel?
Speaker 2: No, but that sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exactly what. Yeah, it's exactly what. It sounds like. It's a uh yeah, I haven't finished it, so no one in the chat spoil it for me. But yeah, I'm reading Aa Milne's only mystery novel.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's that sounds like a good time. I also am trying to read more and just exercise more regularly.
Speaker 2: You know, I get it.
Speaker 1: Most people fall off their news resolutions, So that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
Speaker 2: I like to try, and then we'll see, We'll see what sticks.
Speaker 3: It's like it's a clean slate. It's it's nice to start again, even if it doesn't necessarily even if not everything sticks, it's so nice to kind of like check in with yourself and you know, say, like, what do I actually want to accomplish in the next few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give yourself the opportunity to succeed in all that. All right, you know what, it's Friday. Let's get on with the show. Before we do that, we should explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb Video Game Internet deficits independent games media out here on our own, except we have you in our corner at our backs. You went to giant bomb dot com, slash join, became a premium member. Thank you to everybody who has done so. It is enabling us to do what we do here. We really deeply appreciate it. If you want to join those ranks, if you want to ensure that independent games media can thrive in this environment. Where corporations have said no, we don't want this anymore.
Speaker 2: Well we don't want them anymore. We have you.
Speaker 1: We'd much rather have you. So go to giant bomb dot com, slash join and become a premium member. Get some bonus goodies.
Speaker 2: There will be a.
Speaker 1: New grub Snacks next week just for premium subscribers. Looking forward to doing that Right now, there is a forum thread for premium users only where you could submit questions. I'll take a look at those. Yeah, let's let's do some fun stuff in twenty twenty six. As far as this show goes.
Speaker 3: Mostly member does that, but bring anyone you know. Obviously you should follow my follow my lead, because I am the I am the beacon by which all smart decisions are made.
Speaker 1: That's right, stand shoulder to shoulder with Rachel Kaser. That's never gonna fail you. As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Grub will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome, you can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mes Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have lots to get into, so let's start the morning mess with fire Emblem Path of Radiance joined Switch Onlines GameCube Classics Library. This is from Darren BoNT Us at GameSpot. Ahead of the release of Firemblum Fortunes Weave later this year, the new Firemblum game for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo has added fire Emblem Path of Radiance to the Switch tos library of GameCube Classics. Regarded as one of the best entries in the entire franchise, Path of Radiance will be available for all Nintendo Switch Online plus Expansion Pack subscribers. First released in two thousand and five, so twenty one years ago, Oh my God, Path of Radiance earned critical for its dark storyline, mature themes, and for being the first three.
Speaker 2: D FIREARMBLM game.
Speaker 1: Uh Set on the fictional continent of Tellius, the game follows the mercenary Ike and his companions as they set out to rescue a Princess and save King the Kingdom of Crimea from the invading nation of d n Yeah.
Speaker 2: So god.
Speaker 1: I remember when this happened originally Rachel where it was like, oh, the game with the guys from Smash Brothers. Hey yeah, Ike, Ike Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we know Ike, right, Ike sort of.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to play these games, and then you know, I didn't at the time, but it was like an exciting moment, Oh, we're finally getting that fire EARMBLM series. I eventually would fall in love with the series after Awakening happened on the three DS. I think that was a lot of people in the West like introduction to the series, the real introduction. But I always was just like, oh, yeah, this game looked cool. It felt very different than a lot of other stuff that was happening on the game cube, especially from Nintendo, and yes beloved it is a game that people really liked right away.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about this.
Speaker 1: This is the eighth game added to the GameCube library on the Nintendo Switch too. That's growing a little bit faster than I even thought that would, and this is an excellent entry. At this point, it's like, oh, man, that's now a really well rounded lineup of games that people can get if they become an Expansory Pack subscriber.
Speaker 2: Uh you, so the plan is to play it on the switch to.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, it's already. It's I'm already downloading it on the switch to. I mean I don't know. Yeah, my switch to is at my in my other room, so I can't I can't physically show you. But yeah, it's it's at a secret location where the game is currently being downloaded where I'm you know, getting it directly from Nintendo. But yes, so it's downloaded up. That's probably gonna be my whole weekend is playing Path of Radiance on my switch to.
Speaker 1: I think what we should do now is get you back on here in like a like the next like two weeks from now, after you've played some more of it, and kind of get your thoughts. So i'd love to like have a yes, get the caser review of Path of Radiance.
Speaker 2: I would love to have that you said you did play. What was the name of the we follow up? I can't remember. Radiant Down, Radian Down, Radiant Dawn, which I did like.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's that's always been like a just a blank's just a you know, a big empty spot on my shelf, as it were my Fire Emblem shelves. I've never played Path of Radiance, and you know, which is weird because now that I think about it, I've played so many other Fire Emblem games that aren't necessarily ported properly, but I've found other.
Speaker 2: Ways of interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course of playing them, you know, like totally totally legal and above.
Speaker 2: Gut work, do what you gotta do, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've never but I never got around to playing Path of Radiance, so part of me was kind of hoping that I would eventually be able to play it on the switch or I think I actually thought I could play it on my WIU at one point when after I got my Wii. Yes, I do on a WU.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the WE you had we backward compatibility, so you probably played it on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's why I played Radiant Dawn, but Path of Radiance came out of the GameCube.
Speaker 2: Oh you're staying Path of Radiance still that Yeah, I wonder, Yeah, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't remember, but it either way, like the question for Radiant Dawn, since you if you can remember when you did play it. The quality of life features of like FIREMM got added over time because like you know, if you go back to the super Famicom versions, it doesn't have that thing where it's like if I hit a button, it's gonna show me every possible space where like the enemy could attack me.
Speaker 2: And as someone who's like, look.
Speaker 1: I've learned the rules of chess, I've played chess like I'm like, I'm decent at it, like for someone that is completely an amateur. But I always struggle with like seeing the whole board and seeing like every possible like threat position. I suppose that's a problem most people have. That's the whole thing that makes just difficult. But I do struggle with that, and that was always great in Fire and just like at least with starting with Awakening, I think you would hit like one of the shoulder buttons and it would just be like, here's a big red blob of the danger area. Do you remember if like path of or if a Radian dawn, excuse me, if that had that, and by exten maybe path of Path of Radiance has that.
Speaker 3: I think it has it. I could be wrong because I have a memory of a map in Radiant Dawn with like the red like like red squares on the map, So I have a memory of that, but I could be it could be just that it's only if you like highlight one enemy, like you go to their tile on the map, and it'll show you all the places they can move to. So maybe not the entire enemy danger zone, but maybe just like for you have to like pick out each individual enemy and be like, okay, they can go here, they can go here, So I better avoid this, this, and this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably individual at least done on an individual enemy levels, yea YadA, saying that sounds right, I think when I I do remember when I did spend several hours playing Path of Radiance again, never beat it, but I remember being like, oh no, I can work with this and it still feels relatively modern, even if it doesn't have every single quality of life.
Speaker 2: Feature that the series would add over time.
Speaker 1: My understanding overall is this is a relatively friendly game.
Speaker 2: To go back to.
Speaker 1: It's it's like people do someone else in chat a little bit, a little bit of it was calling it out as a great first fire emblem game. So yeah, I bet it's gonna hold up just fine.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to spending some more time with it.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited. I can't wait to I can't. I will play as much of it as I can in the next two weeks, just so that I can report back to you about like YEP turns out Path of Radiance, it still holds up. It's still fun to play YEP.
Speaker 1: I And as someone who's like originally fell in love with intelligence systems of strategy games, with Advance Wars, I've come to accept and be sort of like not just accept, but like, no, this is great.
Speaker 2: That Firearm one became like the standout one.
Speaker 1: They had their their wife Fus and Awakening, and of course that put it over the top.
Speaker 2: But there is uh, that's a that's a great series.
Speaker 1: It's a there's a lot to love there, and it has a lot of the same qualities as in an Advanced War, but with like characters you can get related to.
Speaker 3: And I don't judge the waifus because like, to me, that is what saves the fire and Blum series, because I remember, if Awakening had not done well sales wise, like they would have just packed the whole franchise in and just th it on the shelf forever. So I mean, if that's what save fire emblem, then you know, please more wifus I need more wi fus wi.
Speaker 1: Foos are the key to success in this business. It turns out, all right, let's keep going here. The Xbox Developer Direct will feature a secret fourth game.
Speaker 2: This is from Jordan Midler at VGC.
Speaker 1: The upcoming Xbox Developer Direct will feature a currently unannounced fourth game. The digital event will stream on Thursday, January twenty second at ten am Pacific time one pm Eastern and include new looks at forts, A, Horizon six, Fable, and the new game from Pokemon developers Game Freak Beasts of Reincarnation. Now we talked about all of those yesterday on the show. Excited to see more from all three of thems, Yeah, I mean, I think that Game Freak one especially is very interesting. I'm kind of interested to see it from the side of, oh, let's see what the studio can do when they may have a real budget, but also it just looks like a good game, so I want to see that. And then of course Forts are Horizon six taking place in Japan, and that Fable game being sort of almost a mythological beast at this point where it's been around or been announced for so long, it's like, is this thing actually going to be real? Well, in that blog post yesterday, they're like, yeah, we're showing off new gameplay. Okay, let's see it. Let's see what you actually have over there, Playground Games. But since then, Shinobi, who is like kind of a you know, industry guy, industry insider to some extent, posted on one of the forums that a secret fourth game will be part of this thing, which is not surprising something that Microsoft has done with their developer directs before in the past, where it's like, oh, we're going to talk about in depth with some of these games, and it's four games, and then there's a secret fifth game that they don't say they're going to do, and then it pops off and sometimes it's like a shadow drop or something like that. Now VGC says they can corroborate this and understands that the fourth game is a smaller scale original game from one of the Box Game Studios first party developers. I'll say that, like you know, when I I just did a cursory ask about this without getting any definitive answer, but people are like, oh, to me, it sounds like that's probably gonna be Gears of War E Day. Now, clearly that's not a smaller game. Yeah, very very different, So we'll see. I think I trust VGC here on this. And it also sounds like the kind of thing that, yeah, that fits with what Microsoft has done before. But also it's like, didn't they do that with isn't that exactly what happened with what was the Rhythm Action Adventure Hi Fi Rush? Isn't that exactly what happened there? And they sort of they shadow dropped it and it kind of it kind of seemed like it popped off, but eventually they got rid of the studio or whatever. So it's is are they going to repeat history with that or what you're expect the right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, I mean I'm trying to think of who will like a smaller scale title. I mean, I haven't heard anything that sounds like it fits that description. So I'm puzzling because I also I did look into it, and I do remember seeing that it might be like indie indie scale, like.
Speaker 2: The original game small scale.
Speaker 1: Those those are the big descriptors here, So it's not original game.
Speaker 3: Imply it's not part of an existing series, or right, is.
Speaker 2: That what we should say?
Speaker 1: I I think so, Rachel, Okay, but I don't necessarily know if that's what it means, because you know, it could be an original sequel, right, but probably not they would say that. I think they would say that if that's what was happening here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they'd say, like, you know, it's a sequel to you know, popular indie game from early two thousands, something like.
Speaker 1: That, right, yes, or right, like a Pentiment follow up, which I doubt this is.
Speaker 3: I love a Pentiment follow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know me too.
Speaker 3: I didn't have that in my head until you said it. But now.
Speaker 1: Listen, I love love love Pentiment. I'm never gonna believe we're going to get another one of those. It's this perfect little thing and I'll be fine with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, double finelex, they'll xboxify it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Double Find just released a game, so it's it's probably not. It does sound like Obsidian could have something, but they're very busy all the time with like five different projects, and they released three games last year, Avowed the Outer Worlds Too and Grounded To, So it's like, God, are they really going to have yet another game? Even ready to talk about it. At this point, that seems unlikely, but they have a ton of studios that I'm sure we're forgetting about that. It could be doing the obsidian thing of like, hey, we had a small team make something and we're going to finally.
Speaker 2: Put that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think hoping that something is going to shadow drop like it did with High Fi Rush, I think that might be hoping for a little too much, because I think I don't think they're to be able to do what they did with High Fi Rush. I don't think that. I mean same with Pentiment. I don't think that lightning is going to strike twice, and I don't think Xbox is Gonn is going to try to force something out just to try to replicate that success. I think what they're gonna do is probably release a trailer for something and then something that has at least a familiar element. I'm guessing like maybe we'll recognize the studio and say like, oh, we love their work, can't wait to see what they do with this. But I don't think it's going to be a full game.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm happy.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to eat my words if it turns out that we do get a game.
Speaker 2: Yep, I uh be curious to see it.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, the thing sticking out to me it's like, oh, one of the first party developers.
Speaker 2: We have seen Xbox.
Speaker 1: Do something along these lines before and kind of let these studios try to make a smaller thing alongside the big stuff that they make. Obsidian has been the best at that, or like maybe the poster child for that. And then I was also like getting the sense it's like, is that the strategy also going forward, because I remember at Booty in the last couple of years, especially as they are having this shift from we're focused on selling xboxes too, We're focused on selling our games everywhere. One of the things I remember Matt Booty saying, who is one of the people in charge of Xbox and he I don't think he's necessarily in charge of Xbox Game Studios anymore. I think that's Sarah Bond now, but he's still he's up there on the executive leadership team. He was saying that they want to focus more on the big home run hits, the bigger games and fewer games and having the like the you know, putting all their eggs into some of these more.
Speaker 2: Some of these bigger baskets that have the biggest return.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, okay, I want to see what this is mostly to get a sense of Okay, are things like this still possible at Xbox where it's like they can have these smaller things or is this a remnant from the previous sort of strategy and this is the last one out the door before they close the door on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious to see it from that angle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it depends on when they're going to release it. If it's something that's going to release this year, then yeah, I think it would definitely be Probably it pre dates it was grandfathered in, and then it could be a small indie game that was grandfathered in on the original strategy that they that they want to put out because they've invested a lot of time and money in it already.
Speaker 1: Yep, and Matt Booty is in charge of everything Studio so Xbox Activision.
Speaker 2: But does the okay makes sense? Uh?
Speaker 1: All right, Well we'll see that's uh again, that's happening January twenty second, So we're talking to yep two weeks from now.
Speaker 2: We well, we'll watch it here see what they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, looking forward to see what those other games are or what they have, and they're in store for us as well.
Speaker 3: Watch it with the rest of you. I can yell at at Mike a little bit.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: That would be perfect months.
Speaker 2: It's important to get that in regularly. I know I need it as well.
Speaker 1: He was he missed uh Decides last night because he was at Games Done Quick and it's like he was kind of in the background of one of the shots, and then when the Super Metroid Run happened, he was like right there. Basically he wasn't on like the couch, but he might as well have been, because he was just like taking hour And that sounds about right. Yeah, I was. I was very excited. Okay, that was not me. I did not do that me. Xbox exclusive RPG Avowed is coming to PS five with new features.
Speaker 2: This is from James O'Connor at GameSpot.
Speaker 1: Avowed. Obsidian's twenty twenty five RPG, originally released on Xbox Series, x NS and PC, is coming to PlayStation five. The new version of a Vout, announced during the New Game Plus showcase which happened yesterday, will be available on Sony's system on February seventeenth, twenty twenty six, just a day short of the one year anniversary of the game's original release. Microsoft remains the game's publisher, having purchased Obsidian in twenty eighteen. The game is first person action RPG set in the world of Pillars of Eternity some other Obsidian games, it tasks players with investigating a mysterious plague, fighting their way through or a sprawling world with a mix of weapons and magic. Alongside the PS five version, Obsidian will also release an anniversary update for the game for all systems.
Speaker 2: This update will add a new game Plus mode.
Speaker 1: Which lets you carry over all your equippable gear to a new character we're set to level one and fight modified enemies. It also adds a photo mode, three new playable races, the ability to change your appearance from the overworld, and a new weapon type. The PS five version will also contain all the post release content and updates that the game has received thus far. I think the developers were discussing the update and saying, it's like, it's a more well rounded game now.
Speaker 2: Is how they're positioning it.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, yeah, that's a game that was already really solid, and of course this is.
Speaker 2: One of the benefits. Yeah, I did two.
Speaker 1: This is one of the benefits of like this strategy for a company like Microsoft, where it's like, release it on Xbox first, focus on that launch, and then sometime between three months to a year later, get it ready for PlayStation five, where it will have a bigger audience, and we'll be you know, kind of necessarily the best version of the game possible with all these updates, all these improvements, and you could specifically build a new update to make the game feel special to people who are still playing it on other consoles while making it like, oh, here's why it's worth getting into it now on your PlayStation five.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this is going to do really well because another thing that's happening with Obsidian Games, Rachel, is it seems like these games are coming out, do they do feel like they get lost in the mix a little bit, and then a few months later everyone kind of goes like that game ruled. I think that's gonna happen with Outer Worlds too, like a big time. Like people are going to come around to Outer Worlds two in the next like six months or so and be like, oh, actually this game is awesome. I don't know why more people weren't talking about it. It's sort of already happening with a vowed and now this will give them an opportunity to sort of capitalize on that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think when I remember thinking, especially when you put it out that city and released three games last year, I remember thinking, did we really just force did did City and force all of their projects out the door once? I hate to keep bringing this up, but do they force it all out because GTA six is about to happen?
Speaker 2: It doesn't. It doesn't seem like that's not a factor. Yeah, it's definitely just think it's part of it.
Speaker 3: Yes, but yeah, and so this seems like, yeah, it's a good way for the game to get a little bit more. I think it definitely deserved more attention than it got, and I think everyone was still kind of holding It came out at a time when everyone was kind of holding their breath for Monster Hunter Wilds, or or was playing Monster Hunter wild I.
Speaker 1: Feel they were just were they were just starting to play. Yes, it was around the same time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, yeah, I remember that. But then but then Monster Hunter Wilds kind of dropped off. I mean not that it wasn't a decent game, but it feels like it's not. It doesn't have the staying power of previous Monster Hunter games. So I'm kind of thinking it would be great for a vow to get a little bit more attention.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: And I think it's coming. I think it. The PS five release is coming out at a time when there it doesn't have a lot of overlap with other major releases. The only one I can think of that's coming out during that time is Resident Evil Requiem, and that's not really that's not really a crossover with a fantasy RPG, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's space for both of those. Absolutely, It's you know, Reside Eval is going to be massive. There's the kind of the most hype for this series since Resident before remake, which I guess was very recent a couple of years ago. But no, that's that's still saying something regardless, though, You're right, I think that there's going to be space for this game as well.
Speaker 2: It can do very well in PlayStation.
Speaker 1: And yeah, someone a chat with saying time to stop buying games at launch, and it's like, yeah, I mean I definitely am okay waiting on a lot of games, right, Like just Stranding two is one that's like I missed the boat on and now it's like, it's probably gonna do that director's cut thing again. What if I just waited for that version and it's like, and there's a ton of benefits to doing that, you get the best version of the game up to that point.
Speaker 2: Of course. Course. Yeah, I mean, how are you feel about that these days?
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought that was kind of a given that everyone had kind of taken away that lesson is that unless unless something the game really sells itself to you, you don't have to buy it at launch. Yeah, I mean, I think I think everyone. Maybe I just was brought up in the days of the Steam sale that there was there were so many games, especially we just had our our end of year's sale. That's where I bought The Berlin Apartment, which I think I talked about last time. I think, so, yeah, and there's another game that I bought, Sayan's a Blake Manner yep. So I was basically buying all the indie games that I hadn't had a chance to play during the year, and it was like, I'm just gonna snatch these up. All these are twenty five percent off.
Speaker 1: So oh yeah, well, the waiting for the sale thing, that has definitely been something that like is smart money and people should be doing that.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's like, but if you wait for the sale, you are also getting this much better game at this point. And it's like, I guess that also has been something that's pretty common now for years.
Speaker 2: But just said, that's all the.
Speaker 3: Patches, when all the patches and expansions come out. So yeah, you're getting, like you said, you're getting the complete version of the game. I am curious to know what the new playable races are going to be in avowed though. Yeah, I'm trying to remember what the It's been so long since I played about I don't remember what the playable races were, and you know what more they could have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, It's like, I bet there's if I were to go back and look, I bet there's multiple races in the game that you interact with but you can't play ass and then they'll.
Speaker 3: Just kind I don't think they're gonna go for somebody that's do you remember Yachtsley, one of the companions Yachtsley.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 3: They're gonna go for someone her size.
Speaker 2: No, probably not.
Speaker 1: No, they'll probably do something a little bit more standard. But that would be fun if they did, that'd be cool, hilarious. All right, let's see here. Let's take a break. We're gonna take a break. There's plenty more to talk about, including the latest on Larian and Generative A.
Speaker 2: I will talk about that after this break.
Speaker 1: If you want to skip out on these, go to giant bomb dot com slash join become a premium member. We have premium versions without ads of the video show and the audio show.
Speaker 2: Go grab those. In the meantime, though, we will be right back.
Speaker 4: Hi, dog, it's time to start the show. Are you ready to go?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, dude, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: No, grum, you look like you are in a den of iniquity right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, and I don't know what you want. It's not like I have a home studio, jan, Yes, you do.
Speaker 4: The computers that main Gear built for us have Nvidia g Force RTX chippoos in them, and with the Nvidia Studio drivers and in video broadcast, you can turn even your man cave into a professional studio using Broadcasts. You can upgrade your webcams, microphones, and speakers using the power of machine learning to take our shows, voice chats, and video conferences to the next level. You can use audio effects like noise.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess have a fan on h Well, it's hot. I'm not gonna turn that off. Let me just hit this right here? Is that any better? Jan?
Speaker 4: Much better? We can clean up your shot with auto frame and video noise removal and grub. You can even make it look like you were paying attention using the eye contact tool.
Speaker 2: So I could still watch my stories.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes you can. Nvidia Broadcasts is a universal plugin that works with most live streaming, voice chat, and video conferencing apps. It's supported on any Nvideo, g Force ArtX GPU, and since I'm using the Nvidia Studio drivers, I'll get stable, optimized performance in Adobe Photoshop, DA Vinci Resolve in all the other apps that I need to use to fix our mistakes in post.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Bangear and in Vidia for supplying. Are Invidia Studio PCs in Video broadcast, your AI powered home studio and video studio.
Speaker 2: The software advantage for all creators. Jan, I'm not even looking at the camera. All right, now, Grub, stop stop looking at me. I haven't looked at you forever.
Speaker 5: All all, all right, it's a game this morning, some Jeff Grub.
Speaker 1: It's Rachel Kayser. I'm able to get this thing open now. It's from a gotcha machine again, shouts at the ABC for dropping this off to mic and get it to me. It's the it's the N sixty four controller button thing, a little keychain.
Speaker 2: I got the.
Speaker 1: Analog sticks, so now I have this. Yeah, and I can press all the buttons. It's a little fidget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that feels good. I love the sea buttons. They're weird and kind of off putting, and I like it. All right, let's see here. Thanks again, ABC. I'm I have a cold. I was trying to pretend I didn't when we started the show, Rachel, but no, it's okay.
Speaker 1: It's catching up to me. And I was like, I just got over like I had the maybe not the flu, like the the capital f flu over the holidays.
Speaker 2: But I had something similar. And uh, now it's like, oh cool, it's a nice little cold to.
Speaker 1: Cap things off. On the other side of that, it's not terrible. I took some pseudo fed, which is probably why I'm talking even faster than normal this morning. Uh, but yeah, it's uh, let's get through this and see how we can do this this day.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I feel so when you said before the call started, but before the show started, you said you were gonna go get some tissues, I was like, well, damn, I didn't think I was gonna make you cry to day.
Speaker 2: Yeah well that yeah, you're you were right. That was fine.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with the cold. That was just because I knew you were gonna make me weepy. So yeah, absolutely all right. Larry and will not use generative AI for Divinity concept art specifically. This is from Alex Forbes Calvin at I didn't write it down. I think games industry up is probably not. Belgian game developer Larryan Studios has confirmed that there will be no Generative AI used for concept art during the creation of the upcoming RPG Divinity, and a Reddit Ask Me Anything. CEO and co founder Spinn Vink said that the company would not use jin ai.
Speaker 2: As part of the concept art process.
Speaker 1: The studio lead added that no concept art had been created using generative AI, but said that he could see how people were confused by his previous remarks. Viink previously told Bloomberg that it had tried to incorporate AI into the creation of Divinity, which it resulted in a backlash, particularly due to the developer seemingly using in the creation of concept art, or like the early stages of concept art at the very least.
Speaker 2: The studio CEO later.
Speaker 1: Clarified that it was not replacing concept artists with AI, adding that the company had used the technology to quote explore things in the Reddit. Ama vinc said that it was removing jin Ai from the entire concept art process to ensure that players knew all art is original. There is not going to be any generative AI in Divinity, he wrote, I know there has been a lot of discussion about using AI tools as part of the concept art exploration. We already said that this doesn't mean the actual concept art is generated by AI, but we understand it created confusion. So to ensure there is no room for doubt, we've decided to refrain from using jen Ai tools during concept art development. That way, there could be no discussion about the origin of the art. Great a win, like I think this is a win that people need to take. This is one of the things people wanted is you said you were going to do this thing. We don't like it, We're going to yell at you about it. And they have changed their feelings about this, they have changed their process. And I think when we were talking about this before, Rachel on one of the episodes, I was saying, like, its iterativism is like a thing that I know people hate, where it's like take the small wins and try to change things slowly, but I don't know what other options we really have. So when you do want a company to stop doing something and they stop doing that thing, celebrate that as a win. But there is a however here, Yes there is a literally having said that, which is the quote that he continues here. We continuously try to improve the speed with which we can try things out. The more iterations we can do, the better. In general, the gameplay is we think generative AI can help with this, so we're trying things out across departments. Our hope is that we it can aid us to refine ideas faster, leading to a more focused development cycle, less waste, and ultimately a higher quality game.
Speaker 2: It's like, of course he's still leaving the door open, so people will still be mad.
Speaker 1: And it's like, while celebrating a small win, that doesn't mean you have to shut up now. You can keep being loud about this. But I will say, being loud about this is what got any sort of of of like backtracking from spen here. So well done to everybody who's like standing up and shouting about what they care about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not usually a fan of gamers sort of like maybe taking their anger out where it's not necessarily warranted.
Speaker 1: It's always it's always like often like misguided, misdirected, right, so frequently it is yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this I think was perfect was a perfectly acceptable use of gamer outrage, if you will, because I mean, it's not as if we found out later like with Claire Obscure, which had its endie Game of the Year war taken away because it used generative AI in the in the art process. Am I correct exactly?
Speaker 2: I can't remember the exact details.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got, Look, I was, I knew that was mostly happening over the holidays, and I was kind of paying attention. I think it was during the art process, but I can't remember the exact da.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but and and everything, and you know, we've that we found out after the fact that that had happened, and it was like, hey, why would you Why would you use something that is inherently not a creative tool for a creative medium. I think that that's one of the things everyone was upset about, and I feel I can't. I don't necessarily blame Spen either, because it feels like I understand why this seems like a really fun and shiny new tool, and I understand that everyone doesn't. Nobody wants crunch either. Nobody really wants to crunch their employees when there's possibly other solutions. But I don't I really wish he hadn't used the I appreciate the transparency, but I really wish he hadn't put in that. Having said that, so, yes, if anybody hears him say that and says, you know what's fenn, I'm not satisfied. I really wish you wouldn't use this. Keep telling him that, Keep telling him that it's important that he hear that.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, it's a it is a thing where it's like the explanation from people who are concept artists around the time that this was all going down of why they don't like this really was very compelling to me and really kind of made it very clear, and they were all like, it's it's the idea of someone on the team has an idea and they go to AI and say, here's my idea for something. Can you sort of make a very early composite image for me that I can hand off to the concept artists and say, hey, go explore this idea, and.
Speaker 2: The concept artists we're all like that.
Speaker 1: That's that cuts out a lot of what makes this job produce good work, And that's that process that it would be cut out is explain your idea to me and then let me go do all of the exploration and the research, because the research is where I learn so much about why why these things are the way they are, what these why this certain architecture was used, the thinking behind it, and all of that learning process gets incorporated into us building something and creates a foundation of quality and a foundation of a world that feels lived in and real. And it's like, uh, oh yeah, when I start thinking about some of the best things I've ever experienced, you can just sense that there was people on that team who just spent half of their development time, researching and learning and understanding and building a foundation that I think is invaluable to making quality products. And so it's like, Okay, you want to now what it sounds like, continue using Jenai to iterate on your original ideas. That still sounds like it's going to cut out that magical process of people who are good at their jobs and love doing their jobs and love doing every aspect of it that has that serendipitous effect of them stumbling across something that they wouldn't have otherwise because they're the ones actually going to these books, actually going into these research facilities and doing the work. And it's I don't want I don't want to lose any of that, not one ounce of it.
Speaker 2: So no, do to be loud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And I feel like this is a this is a larger discussion probably than just Game as Mornings, But yeah, I feel yeah, I feel like Jenai. I don't think it's going to necessarily produce the the cost cutting that developers well that the top top heads of the studios are perhaps hoping for. I think it's only going to end up generating more work for the people lower down on the ladder who are going to have to clean up the inevitable like AI nonsense that is generated from all of this and trying to use the word slop.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's fine. You can you slop as much as you want on this show. It's yeah.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, it's like, there are plenty of algorithmic machine learning tools that we've been using it to create games for a very long time now, and it's like, yeah, that stuff is saving time. You know, there was a couple of years ago Unreal Engine. Here, press a button and we'll build a city for you. And it's like, yeah, I mean that should save people a lot of time. Now what happens next was always like and because everyone has that as sort of table stakes, you're gonna have to do even more work on all these other aspects of your world to make your games stand apart and stand out. And it's like, yeah, that's okay, I think that's a great thing. We have to keep hiring a ton of people to make these games because now, sure you can press a button to build a city, but I want to see you now take the work of all these people and go build these interiors and now focus on this other side of the world. That we haven't been able to see before because they had to spend so many years just building the external the city that we were in before. It's like, I still want all that fun, magical stuff that happens because someone understands how to build these algorithms. But that algorithm building was an art in itself, and handing out over to a black box, to me is something that I don't want to see game developers do that in general. And I'm proud of gamers standing up and shouting even if we don't fully understand like how it's being used. All the time, it's like we could tell this is not going to end up in with games that we really are going to be into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know we have a bunch of other stories to talk about before the end of the show, so I don't want to appolize this talking just about jen Ai, but I will say, uh, we had a discussion about this at gamespeet next when we were at our conference in San Francisco, and I got to pull out an Isaac Asimov reference, which I'm not gonna do the whole thing for you, but it basically amounts to computers only seem to work perfectly in conjunction with other computers. The minute you introduce humans into it, you're also going to have to introduce humans too, you know, to help out the computers the minute, the minute they have to interact with humans, you're gonna introduce, You're gonna have to bring in other humans to teach them how to interact with humans. So I think, I I yeah, I think that's what's gonna end up happening if developers end up becoming over reliant on AI tools, is that somebody is going to have to come in and clean up, clean up the work that AI has done, and eventually we're going to see them. I think eventually we're going to see developers realized, why did I use AI in the first place? I could have just hired the person that I brought in to fix the AI in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yep, speaking of AI.
Speaker 1: One of the games that has been in the target for that for using AI voice acting Arc Greadors there having other problems and the dev promises new anti cheating measures are coming soon. This is from Blair Marnell at game Spot. The extraction shooter arc Radors has proven to be one of the top hits of last year, which has in turn attracted some unscrupulous players who aren't a blow who aren't above cheating to win. After the rule abiding arc Greadors players became vocal about their displeasure, in Mark Studios has announced that new anti cheat measures are on the way to the game. We've seen the discussion around the topic of cheaters and ARC gradors. Reads the message shared on arc Raadors discord server via PC gamer. Please know that we are taking this issue very seriously and are listening to and acting on your feedback. Over the next few weeks, we are implementing significant changes to our rule sets and to playing new detection mechanisms to identify and remove cheaters. It's the story as old as multiplayer gaming, right at least as old as the last twenty years, every popular online multiplayer shooter specifically, but I bet every kind of game, if it gets to a certain level of popularity, it gets to a certain level of just unplayableness because of cheaters, and our creators is the latest game in the radicals of those cheaters, and it's you know, it's a different kind of game, doesn't have that history of being like a sequel to a million games before, where It's like we could just roll over all of the anti cheat stuff we've done before and built on top of that. They're kind of starting from scratch here a little bit. Obviously they do have anti cheats in there, but people are able to get around it. I you know, if I encounter a cheater in a game like this, I often be like I'm off to like, Okay, I'm just gonna put this down for a while. Call me up when you fix this. So it is a problem they do have to solve, right because they this is a game that has to keep chugging along and continuing to keep people happy and satisfied, and cheating is a great way to spoil that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would hope. I mean, our creators is you know, is built up some pretty solid momentum. I would hate to see that ruined because people can't stand losing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, it kind of because.
Speaker 3: They've yea, they have built their careers on being good at a game or something. Not naming names here, but I think and I both know what that means.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, it's uh, that's you know, a lot of content creators. They can sort of wag the dog here a little bit where It's like if they are complaining to their thousands of viewers about cheaters, Uh, that will cause that that sort of uh, hey, let's go annoy this developer about it. So why are you ruining your ruining your game by not dealing with these cheaters? And it becomes the thing that they have the fire they most have to put out. So we'll see how they're able to respond to this. In the meantime, they are promising some improvements, but we've also heard that story a million times before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hoping they can have they can come up every the problem is cheaters are you know, there's no one size fits all solution for any multiplayer, so I'm hoping they can find something that works specifically for Arc Raiders.
Speaker 2: Yep. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Massive Entertainment describes the Division three as a monster. This is from Ben Lyons at Game Reactor. The Julian Garritty I believe is his name. Who, Yes, Julian Garrity, who is in charge of Star Wars Outlaws, has gone back to He's also in charge of Division one.
Speaker 2: He's going back to the Division for three.
Speaker 1: He also says that he wants this game to have as big of an impact as the Division one. There's a big update coming to the Division two, which is gonna have like new features and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But the Division three is happening and they're promising it to be this massive new thing. The Division games are ones that like fall off my radar, and then occasionally I will hear people being like, yeah, that's still like my game. Can the Division three sort of get back up into that stratosphere of like, oh, this is one of the this is like an ARC Raiders in terms of its level of success.
Speaker 2: What do you think that's what.
Speaker 3: They're going to go for. I can tell you that much. They're going to go for that, or yeah, more so than I would have said a hell Divers too before. But I think our greaders would probably be the sort of formula that they're trying to emulate. But yeah, I think I I think it's also going to I think they're going to make a big push to get the get the name out there again, because I think it's been a while since anybody's really talked about the Division as a franchise. Tom Clancy, Yes, but not the Division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think people generally do seem very happy with the Division two. But it's like, those are the people playing that game still, and it's like, can it win over a larger audience and make that entire audience?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean part of the series does feel like it. It's the one relatively newer one. I think that it's about to be ten years old. I think it turns ten years old this year, or maybe it did last year, but still it's like, this feels one of the newer Ubisoft ones that really found it footing. And then they they got distracted like a lot of publishers did in the last few years, of like, hey, why it's got to spend all this money to build up our own IP. Let's just go buy an IP or rent an IP and make something that way. And they did Avatar, and they did this team specifically did Star Wars Outlaws, and then obviously the pensulum swung back from that again, right, like, doesn't seem like a publisher like Ubisoft is going to be spending a lot of money to get a Disney IP anytime soon again, and instead they're like, let's build up our own IP. So they're kind of back on that track and that has led them back to the division.
Speaker 2: We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: I always thought the idea of like getting into the Division would be fun. I always would just play through a little bit of the campaign and then put it down.
Speaker 2: Who knows, Yeah, same? The Division three wins me over.
Speaker 3: I mean I think they I think if they do a little bit more promotion of what the world is meant to be, because I remember trying to remember what it was. But I played the Division two for a while, I remember really liking it, and then I remember not playing it for a really long time, and then I remember thinking why didn't I play the play the Division two anymore? So I think it's that sort of like it just doesn't. They need something that sticks to the mind somewhat mm hmm about the Division. They need a hook that'll bring in, that'll bring people in.
Speaker 1: Uh you know, I think the people are going to be wondering what's going on with the Ubisoft's online multiplayer games falling this people and chatter playing it out like there's still that ongoing problem with Rainbow six Siege being deeply, deeply broken in terms of being hacked and just completely cracked open. Like I think, just a couple of days ago, a bunch of people are finding their accounts hacked for sixty seven days because they're the hackers are just meming like six seven, you're being banned for sixty seven? Oh god right, and it's okay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if you'd be soft sort of gotten there there or has been able to put out that fire successfully even yet. So I think there'll be some questions about their ability to protect their games going forward, although after this, I'm sure they'll take that even more seriously. All Right, last couple of stories here. Towerborne will be launching in full in February. This is from Ben Lyons, a Game Reactor.
Speaker 2: Developer.
Speaker 1: Stock has revealed that it's full, finally, time for the RPG brawler Towerborn to exit early access and launch in full. The game, which started its life cycle as an early access game on PC before coming to Xbox in April twenty twenty five as part of the Xbox Game Preview Project, will soon be transforming into its one point zero state and getting a multi platform debut as well. As confirmed in an Xbox Wire post, Towerborne will be launching in full on February twenty sixth on PC, Xbox Series X and SPS five and game Pest, Premium, and Ultimate. When this launch does happen, the project will also receive a big update that will deliver a reimagined launch experience. They're also, I believe, going to charge for this game, because it was free up into this point or free to play.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was just like, oh, try like beta test this for free, or if they were trying to make it a free to play game, but it's going to retail twenty five dollars instead, there will be a deluxe edition for thirty dollars, and hopefully what that means is if they were planning I didn't play much of this game, if they were planning a bunch of micro transactions and stuff like that, they could sort of scale back that and let people just play what looks like a pretty promising beat them up RPG game.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: I was always interested in this one again, never spent much time with it. They are promising big improvements for this one point zero release, so it sounds like it's time to jump in on this one.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think? So? Yeah, I haven't played it up until now, so yeah, I think, Well, I think what the launches on, it's one point zero version I will I will definitely give it a try yep.
Speaker 1: And then last story here disappointed in the switch two's JOYCN colors. Deep Brand has you covered so on yesterday's show, we talked about the new JOYCN colors, which is really just accent colors in the analog stick well and along the part that connects to the switch to so mostly hidden, you'll be able to see it a little bit. There's like a little gap a little well as well where you can see it. And people are like, huh, one hundred dollars for these switch to joy cons. They don't really look all that different than the original because it's very subtle.
Speaker 2: The colors.
Speaker 1: Well, Deep Brand's like, hey, we can put raps on your stuff that completely change the colors of your joy Con, and why don't you go with us and say, in fact, we have these exact colors if you want, and you can make you make your whole switch to look different. And a lot of people are pretty seem pretty excited about this, like, oh yeah, these companies are out there, and Deep Brand has the name recognition now because they were kind of doing this with the PS five early on and now here sort of stepping in and being a little edgy and confrontational about it. Like I think they said what we do as always we do with in attend, don't and say, okay, we're still doing that, but hey, the right Nintendo is it going to do this? Like, I don't think Rachel, throughout this entire switch to generation, we're going to get any other sort of coloring style other than the inside part of the joy Con and the analogs.
Speaker 2: Well, I think Nintendo's just going to do that the entire time. At least that's my belief right now, what do you think?
Speaker 3: I yeah, I think once they realize that that isn't really going to sell very much, because I mean I have not looked at my switch to and thought, you know, oh, I really love if the analog stick had a had a purple color.
Speaker 1: Well, I did talk to myself into into like being excited about these yesterday, and then the price reminded me like, oh, there's no way I'm spending one hundred dollars on these things. So exactly, I think there's gonna be some people that still get them. But like, there was so much excitement for new joy Con colors for the switch one, like every time a new yes, now yeah, and so it's I don't think it's going to match that. So I think you might be onto something where if Nintendo sees there's a lack of or you know, sort of a dearth of excitement for these alternative colors, maybe they will change something up. But I don't know if that seems that they're going to be setting away like they already have all the machining and tools to just do it this way.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's all they do most I think what's gonna I think what I hope is going to happen, okay, is that if they're going to keep the general sort of like black color scheme with accent, but they might offer JOYCN with maybe some sort of design on it, you know, maybe as sort of a tie in to a game or something like. That's true, I'll park it like maybe if there's a new Mario game, for example, you get JOYCN that has like maybe a red am on it for example.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you know, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, those colors can kind of be the focus in the in the analytic stick well on the side, and if there was just some like etching and other stuff happening on the rest of the controller. That would be awesome that I would think that could look really cool. But they haven't done any of.
Speaker 3: That now that that would probably cost even more than getting new plastic. Yeah, for the whole for the whole joy Con too, So that's that's tough. But oh, I made myself sad. Yeah, that would be so cool. Oh, it's probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: All right, that does it for the headlines. Let's get over to the pole question from yesterday. I have the results right here. Let me refresh one more time to make sure.
Speaker 2: We are as up to date as possible.
Speaker 1: After five and a half thousand votes the question do you have a switch to? Fifty five percent said yes, forty five percent said no. We we asked this because it's like Nintendo had it. Sounds like they struggled a little bit through the holiday to sell the very expensive switch to to general family audiences, and it's like, oh, that might be who they have to focus on, cuz fifty five percent of the people in this audience already have one, and of course that leaves quite a few people to still sell to.
Speaker 2: But it's not.
Speaker 1: It's That's not how they're going to get back to one hundred million consoles sold. It's going to be selling to families who likely already have a switch one and will be a very difficult conversion to convince them that they need to get a switch to as well, especially at the high price.
Speaker 2: I you know, I have, I have two.
Speaker 1: I got one for my kids as well, So it's like I've already kind of done that thing that Nintendo does as well, which is sell console to the same people over.
Speaker 2: And over again.
Speaker 1: Although I suppose I'm saying that as if I'm not going to buy another one. If they put out a switch to o ED or a light or something, I'll probably get that as well, And that's another way that they boost these numbers. So could turn into one hundred and fifty five percent at some point.
Speaker 3: I think you and I are kind of the outliers here because it's literally our job to have access to as many games as possible and to know about.
Speaker 2: The extreme outliers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I think yeah, I think it it We're not necessarily the target audience in that case, because Nintendo knows they've got us. They know that we're they know that we're we're we're fully in, we're committed. But I think the people who are, you know, have just don't have the money. You don't have five hundred dollars lying around spare and aren't going to get one, you know, professionally. So I think, you know, for professional and personal reasons. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna sit here and be su and pretend I didn't also get it because I wanted one.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's right. I'm an Nintendo I am. I am.
Speaker 1: The Nintendo market thing is, I think there's will we are outliers. Nintendo has done that strategy forever, right. You do the DS, the DS Light, the ds I and all these other like the DSIXL and all this stuff, and they sell the new system to that most hardcore audience, and then those people sell their old systems either secondhand or handed to a friend or put it in a drawer. Uh and, and that's one of the ways Nintendo has always boosted the numbers. But uh yeah, I still think that leaves out the audience that was showing up for the Switch one to get Mario Party and to get Mario Kart, and that I think that that is going to be more difficult this generation, and that's not too surprising. That is kind of something we've seen every time where they have a very successful console and they followed up with the sort of the sequel console and it doesn't do quite as well. I think we're going to That's just where this is going to end up at the end of this generation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not quite at w U numbers, you know, they they've thankfully surpassed we you numbers with the switch to but but yeah, I'm I worry about, like, how many people are going to want to go back to the well for a switch too unless they you know they but this At the same time, I'm also thinking, like I don't know if I necessarily want them to like release a killer app that is only available on the switch too, because I feel bad for all the people who don't have five again, don't have five hundred dollars lying around spare who won't be able to play it, right.
Speaker 2: And that's that's a good point that You're right, I'm ignoring here where.
Speaker 1: It's like Nintendo might be a little okay with this with they slow sort of build up to winning over that audience.
Speaker 2: Because they can just keep selling a lot of.
Speaker 1: Games to those people on the Switch one for some time and and the games will are seemingly still selling very well. All right, that is the poll question from yesterday. No new poll question because it's Friday. It's time to do the bomb twelve here, but in the in the week. We'll get to that here in a moment, So let's get the other stuff out of the way first. Rachel kay is or where could people find you on the internet? What do you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You can find me pretty much anywhere under either the either my name Rachel Kaser or Grace of Athena, which is my online handle. And I am back on TikTok after a lengthy hiatus for my health and mental and physical. I'm back on TikTok doing the daily game of news. So that's where you can find me at the moment. Just search for my name Rachel Kaser and you can probably find me. And if you don't find my main channel, you'll find my other channel, which is games Beats official channel. If you don't find that channel, you'll find my other other channel where I talk about Golden Girls and dungeons and Dragons sometimes at the same time. You can so and if you're if you're really hardcore, you can look for me on Tumblr, where I also talk about D and D and Golden Girls at the same time.
Speaker 2: That seems like the ideal medium for those two things at the same time. Absolutely, you'll find us tumbler.
Speaker 3: I find my I find my whole audience on tumbler.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here.
Speaker 1: Uh, we are going to be doing a few things today. Uh, later on we'll have UPF. We're gonna hang out. There is this Super Mario sixty four multiplayer mod. We're gonna try that out. And it has like a Warrior Where mini game mod.
Speaker 2: We're gonna play that. That sounds like a lot of fun. But also some other games will pop in there.
Speaker 1: I think Jan had one that looked like a Armored Corps meets Vampire Survivors, it meets Fantasy, It looked awesome, vital something I can't remember what it's called. And then after that, after UPF, we are going to be doing this is the run. We're gonna beat a game today. We're gonna beat Absolum So me and Dan are gonna finally do that. We been testing some stuff there ready to go. So this is the run, gonna beat Absolum.
Speaker 2: Look out for that.
Speaker 1: All right, with all that out of the way, I think it's time for the Bomb twelve.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the roundup of the twelve games that really matter to people who actually are playing video games. Let's start here with number twelve, Shanobi Art of Venge. Number eleven is Donkey Kong Bonanza, number ten, Ghost of Yota, number nine, Silent Hill f number eight, Kingdom Come Deliverance to. Number seven is The Outer World's Too, number six, Battlefield six, number five, Death Stranding two on the Beach. Next at number four is Clear Obscure Expedition thirty three, and for our top three, number three is Metroid Prime. Four beyond number two ar Greats, and number one is Hades two and Rachel. When I see this list, it looks very much like an end of year, like, hey, I've been hearing about this game all year.
Speaker 2: Time to go back to it.
Speaker 1: But that's clearly like Kingdom Come Deliverance Too is definitely that Shanobi Art of Vengeance was popping up in a lot of people's list on our site, clearly like Sean had it super high. I think that like got convinced a lot of people to go check out that game. The outer World's too even we were talking about that earlier. Feels like people are like time to check in on this game that no one talks about, and it's like the handful people that were seem to really like it. So yeah, and then Haities two is like, yeah, really the big one there where it's like, yeah, everyone's still playing that one, still hearing great things and check in on it.
Speaker 2: What are you playing this week? I don't know. I can't remember if I asked already, I have been.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember if there is any games from There's a lot of games from twenty twenty five I haven't actually checked out, so I think this is probably gonna be my my catch up month until of the new releases startup. I did play my very first new game of twenty twenty six because there is a there's an indie game series that they always release a new game every year like Clockwork on January first, and is the Carrol Reid games from MDNA Games. It is as underground as it goes. You can't get them on any storefront. You can only get them directly from the developer.
Speaker 2: But that's develop great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The developer releases a new Carol Reid game every year on January first. This year it was called the Final Chapter. And so I have already played my first new game for twenty twenty six, so I feel like I'm off to a good start.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I will, yes, I'll get up the website updated with the Bomb twelve and the link there where it says vote here to submit your game and all that stuff. That'll be updated today as well. So if you want to start adding your game for next week's the Bomb twelve, you could begin doing that later today here on Friday and all through Thursday evening, and then we'll come back with you with the new Bomb twelve next Friday's Game Mess Mornings.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to it. All right, that's the first week.
Speaker 1: Of Giant Bomb back in twenty twenty six, all wrapped up in terms of Game Mess Mornings. Rachel Caser, thank you so much for hanging out with me and talking about video games. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Me thanks for letting me talk about fire Emblum for twenty odd minutes.
Speaker 1: Anytime anytime, We'll make that happen whenever you want. Yeah, I think I did say to Bomb twelve. In the meantime, thank you everybody for watching. You are the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye banks
Speaker 2: Bett