Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner Clurk, get them dives.
Speaker 2: Thatt's the cat backhand sign Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: Wanna take your shot.
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Bink, you're looking real hot. Come and get it.
Speaker 3: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 3: Come get it.
Speaker 5: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 6: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I do it best.
Speaker 7: Overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 3: Ring.
Speaker 5: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 8: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim Kass, Hi, everybody and'll welcome. It's Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodger pregame show. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty nine and seventeen on this season, first place atop the NL West. After dropping the first two games of this freeway series to the Angels, the Dodgers now look to the Catman to provide to get some help and not get swept by the Halos. First pitch on this Sunday from Dodgers Stadium is coming up at one ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from President of Baseball Operations Andrew Freeman because the Dodgers earlier today designated for assignment Chris Taylor, a popular Dodgers since twenty seventeen. They have activated Tommy Edmond from the injured list. Kirby Yates has been placed on the injured list. Lu Trevino activated and brought up from Oklahoma City. So two roster moves made for the Dodgers today. More on that with Andrew Freeman coming up.
Speaker 5: More on that.
Speaker 1: Throughout the pregame show, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David va Sego's one on one with Dodgers all time leading closer Ken Lee Janssen, all time leading savesman, will join DV in about forty five minutes, we got your Dodgers' magical moment. Shortly, Kirsten Watson from Sports and ATLA will join us, and it's just a few more we'll send it out to the Gallpit Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Jose Moto well.
Speaker 6: Last night.
Speaker 1: It was the return of Clayton Kershaw, but it was spoiled by an offensive onslaught by the Anaheim Angels. Clayton Kershaw making his first start of twenty twenty five, and it was a rough one. He went four innings, gave up five runs on five hits, walk three. He gave up three runs in the top half of the first inning to put the Dodgers in the hole. In the bottom of the first so Andy Pies got him back with one swing of the bat.
Speaker 2: Anderson goes to that Bicep calls his pitch to a hoppy. The payoff to Piz is pummel center field.
Speaker 7: Indep, We'll go back on the warning track, hit the walls. Brand What a swing from Andy Piz. A three run tank to death center ties the game.
Speaker 1: Three run home run for Andy Paie. Hasn't just like that three to nothing deficit. It was a three to three game and a brand new ball game. After one inning, however, the Angels would get a run at the top of the third. They'd ad a run at the top of the fourth to go up five to three. Key k Hernandez in the bottom of the fourth inning with a solo home run to the left center that made it a five to four Angels lead, and then in the bottom of the six the rookie Dalton Rushing tied it up.
Speaker 2: Now patient at the plate, the two zero Rushing will swing and that's a rope.
Speaker 7: Down the right field line. It's a fair ball into the corner. Kick k waved around. He will score as the ball bounce out of play. It's an RBI ground rule double for Dalton Rushing and this game is tied at five.
Speaker 1: Dalton Rushing with the ground rule double scoring keik. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco Quality, top tier gas for last. The Dodgers and the sixth inning would take the lead seven to five, feeling pretty good about themselves, needing just nine outs to get win and even up this series. However, the Angels had another plan. They would take the lead in the top top half of the seventh inning. As the Angels in that seventh put a five spot on the scoreboard, Dodgers answered back with the run in the bottom of the seventh answer back with the run in the bottom of the eighth on the Max Munthsye RBI single. It was a ten to nine game, Dodgers back in it. They had a chance to tie it, but couldn't to go to the ninth Lugo homer to left to make it a two run game, and that's how it would end. The Anaheim Angels, for the second night in a row, beat the Dodgers eleven to nine. Kirby Yates gets the loss, a blown save for the right hander, who then goes on the injured list with a hamstring injury. Tough one for the Dodgers, who are now twenty nine and seventeen overall. They have dropped now two straight to the Angels, who would have thunked that, and today they need Tony Gonsolin to get them out of it and get a win to salvage this series. First pitch of one ten and with more we head out to the gapin Motors Broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson in Jose mode.
Speaker 6: Guys, thank you Tim.
Speaker 2: Great to be at Dodge Stadium on this Sunday as we see kids and families making their way around the warning track and the Dodgers trying to avoid the sweep at the hands of the Halos today. If you can believe that or not. Be Jose motive. That is, baseball doesn't matter the record or the talent level. You got to play between the white lines. And ultimately, the Angels have given their Dodgers their first home series loss in more than a month.
Speaker 9: As Ron Washington pointed to his team before the series, listen, guys, the challenge is all about us to go out there and prove to the other side where I was at one point back in the seventies, that we belong at a different level, not the team that we've seen so far from us. And they took that to heart. And ronin Old hadn't played well on the road slugging team that just disappeared from early in the season. No Mike troutentter c. I think Johnny Washington, their hitting coach show. I brought it out belts yesterday saying, Hey, who are we facing one of the best players in the game, one of the top pitchers in the game. His name is Clayton Kershaw. Which version are we going to see in how we're going to approach O. We're going to be a fair fear because it's Clayton Kersher. But if they brought the right approach they made him pitch and they're not miss mistakes, and then all through the game that mentality carry through because they're outstanding all the way, especially as we know where it hurts Moores with two strikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, disappointing loss for the Dodgers. Tony Gonson is going to try and help them avoid the sweep today, but we don't want.
Speaker 3: To bury the lead.
Speaker 2: There is big news continuing a week of news around Dodgers Nation, emotional news for some fans for sure. Austin Barnes was dfaid a few days ago, and this Sunday morning will say the Dodgers made the decision to do the same thing to Chris Taylor CT three DFA.
Speaker 9: His best days happen here, his greatest days happened here.
Speaker 3: He was clutching so many ways.
Speaker 9: But there's a time in which, also not just the offseason, where people say, hey, new era has begun well, at some point during the season you got to say, this is our new era too, and we have guys now that can supplyt these guys that were here before, and we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Make that decision. It's the history of baseball has.
Speaker 9: Moved on from time to time, generation or generation wish CT and thank him really for what he brought the Dodgers fans here for so many years. But there's some push from the bottom, and it's exactly what you want. He was compassated quite well, who was rewarded for his efforts. But now we'll see some new blood that's pushing these guys to go out there and making decisions that are going to be overall beneficial to the walk club.
Speaker 2: Well, Tim has some great memories provided by Chris Taylor, the walk off home run here, you think about the catches he made in Milwaukee and the National League championshipies. The list goes on for Chris Taylor and Austin Barnes, but both veterans designated for assignment this week for the Dodgers, and so now the replacement for CT in terms of the roster move, Tommy Edmund is back and he is starting today in center field, batting sixth.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shakey's Pizza parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza jak and emojos right now at.
Speaker 6: Shakey's dot Com?
Speaker 1: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the President of Baseball Operations Andrew Freeman, speaking with the media about the release of Chris Taylor earlier in the week. Austin Barnes roster looking a little different. A couple of the old dogs out, new players up.
Speaker 6: We'll hear from Andrew.
Speaker 1: Freeman, coming up. David vast Saint checks in. We'll hear from Kenley Janssen. So much to get to here. On Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels first pitcher, one ten. I'm Tim Kasi's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Angels on this Sunday afternoon. Tony Gonsolin, you say Kakuchi. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for one ten.
Speaker 5: This is the Otani rewind Well.
Speaker 1: The Angels beat the Dodgers last night and in the process held show a Otani sort of in check oh for six last night with a couple of punchouts. He did have a ground out a double play in the sixth inning that was scored Dalton rushing, but no RBI on the groundouts zero for six. Last Night show, Hey Otani in an eleven and nine loss to the Halos.
Speaker 8: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: And Kirston now joins us from the stadium on the Sunday brought to by Cars for Kids. Were ready to donate your old car. Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with a K to donate your car today. Chris Taylor no longer a member of the Dodgers. Some of the old dogs no longer with the Blue Kirsten.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's been a crazy few days if you really think about it. I mean, two of the longest tenured Dodgers, so Austin position player excuse me, so Austin Barnes and now Chris Taylor have been designated for assignment.
Speaker 3: You know, it's this.
Speaker 10: Is just the reality of what happens in baseball. I think even when Eric Carros the other day he said, this is.
Speaker 5: The evolution of baseball.
Speaker 10: You know, you have these guys who have been a big part of this organization, whether it's you know, being Clinton Kershaw's guy in Austin Barnes case, or having walk off home runs in the playoffs, things like that. In regard to Chris Taylor, huge plays that will truly never forget, big moments for this organization. But right now, you know, the production just hasn't been where he's hoping for it to be. And we've seen young players like hey Son Kim for example, who have stepped in and who are who are stepping up and they're performing and they're showing that they belong at this level. And of course now you have guys returning from the IL and Tommy Edmund today, Tayoscar Hernandez tomorrow hopefully, and with that, moves were gonna have to be made. And so as much as it's a tough pill to swallow, especially for you know, these two guys who have been around for so long, who do mean a lot in the clubhouse, they also just are talking to a few guys after the news of Austin Barnes being DFAED. It does sound like, you know, guys were in specific, I guess Chris Taylor in this situation was aware that something like this could be on the horizon, and of course now they have ultimately made the decision to move on from him.
Speaker 1: At the moment, Yeah, the baseball side of things is one thing. The financial side of baseball is a whole other side of the sport.
Speaker 6: On a lighter note, though, I hear a lot.
Speaker 1: Of young kids in the background there at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 10: Oh my goodness, it's the best part of today. There are fifteen well, I guess hopefully we can win today and then that'll be the better part. But as of right now, there are fifteen thousand Little leaguers here and they are so precious. And so I was sitting in the dugout and Matt Sower came out and I'm like, Matt, like, what are you doing out here? Just hanging out? And he goes, actually, my little league team is here today and is a part of the parade. So he played for the Orchid Nationals. He was on the team that was the Phillies, and so they are here, and so he waited to go and see them. His mom actually runs a daycare and so one of the Little leaguers goes to her daycare. So he was able to be like, oh, I knew when they were coming and see them, and he went out and he signed different autographs for them, and he was just so excited, and even they were they knew that they had a product of the Orchid Nationals who were playing on the Dodgers, and so it was really special for him to see them. And he even told me that he has a fun surprise coming this offseason because he recently found out that they're going to be naming the baseball stadium for the ballpark I should say for the Orchid Nationals in that little league team or that little league organization. They're naming the ballpark after him. So he's so excited. He said it hasn't got up Jes yet, it'll go up this offseason. But just so sweet. And it's really a reminder that these little kids like these are the future of Major League baseball and we'll be hopefully seeing these kids in the big leagues one day.
Speaker 6: It's a fun day out at the Ravine.
Speaker 1: Hopefully the Dodgers can get a win and end this thing on a positive.
Speaker 6: No Curreson.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it still to come here on Marango because you know, Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: David Vat saying goes.
Speaker 1: One on one with the all time leading closer for the Dodgers, now the closer for the Angels, Ken Lee Jansen.
Speaker 6: That's coming up.
Speaker 1: If we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels on this Sunday first pitch of one to ten. I'm Tim Kasies, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio, no.
Speaker 3: Tires.
Speaker 5: We were yes.
Speaker 8: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and the Angels on this Sunday. Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we leach out to first pitch, Marogo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Tony Gonsolon on the mound, first pitcher, one ten.
Speaker 5: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 6: It just became official just a few minutes ago.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers selected the contract of right handed pitcher at Lutrevino and placed right handed reliever Kirby Yates on the injured list with a right hamstring strain, but he suffered last night in the game. Evan Phillips on the IL with the sore right forearm. Tiascar Hernandez left groin strain. Ti Oscar Hernandez hopefully is coming off the injured list maybe tomorrow. Blake, Snell, Tyler glassnow they are slowly working their way back. Snell places on the sixty day IL yesterday to extend that IL stent Michael Kopek, Blake trying it also on this sixty day IL.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: Instead of hearing from the manager, Dave Roberts today, we're going to hear from the president of Baseball Operations. As today the Dodgers announced that Chris Taylor, designated for assignment as Tommy Edmon, is back on the active roster.
Speaker 6: Let's hear from Andrew Freeman.
Speaker 11: This has been a very emotional week for all of us. Barnesy and CT have been in the middle of some huge moments for this organization. Both guys have left an indelible mark on our culture and where we're at at this point. So the decisions were incredibly difficult. The conversations were tough, but with where we are division race, you know, composition of roster everything. You know, we felt like this was in the Dodgers' best interest in terms of how to win as many games and put us in position to best win a World Series this year. Doesn't mean I mean that it was easy, but ultimately felt like it was the right thing to do the place.
Speaker 8: And at least he just had such a medi.
Speaker 9: Impact on this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean beyond uh, just how endearing he is to his teammates. Just the energy, brings a foot speed, the versatility as well, just something that adds a lot to our roster.
Speaker 3: In a different look.
Speaker 11: Again, no decision has ever made in a vacuum. It's within the context of our roster and where we're at. And so, you know, he's done a great job. Rush talked about the other day. You know, when we drafted him, obviously we loved the bat, didn't have a ton of experience behind the plate. Have challenged him each year with different and things to work on, and to his credit, he as an incredible motor and work ethic and has continued to get better and better and better and better. And so on one hand, there is the element of you know, the guys who have been here and been a big part of what we've done, and the other is looking ahead to who is going to be a part of, you know, the next wave. And it's far from science. It's it's art, and it's difficult, and it's you know, I think the end for people that you know, have been such significant contributors. It's never going to feel good. And it's been tough for a lot of us this week, but you know, felt like in Russia's development, where he's at what he's done, that he had earned this right.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So there's Andrew Freeman, President of Baseball Operations, talking about two veteran Dodgers being DFA this week, with two young players getting opportunities now, as he said, a young new wave of players getting a shot. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, more of this with David Vassay as we lead jump to first pitch on this Sunday, it's the Dodgers and Angels. Tony Gonsol on the mound, first pitcher, one ten. I'm Tim kass the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Angels wrap up this three game freeway series. Dodgers need a win to avoid getting swept. Tony Gonsolin on the mound, first pitch, set for one ten.
Speaker 5: Joining Tim cats On Dodgers on deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David all.
Speaker 6: Right, DV for a lot, Dodger fan.
Speaker 1: Has been a tough week, but hey, it's all about production at the major league level, and there's always somebody chasing you and looking to take your roster spot. In this case, you got some young guys who have been knocking on the door right DV and finally getting their opportunity, and they've produced.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Chris Taylor and Austin Barnes obviously contributed a lot to the Dodgers' success from twenty fifteen all the way through twenty twenty one and even into twenty twenty four. But guys like Hay Song Kim and Dalton Rushing are the Austin Barnes and Chris Taylor's of today. I mean, think back to when Austin Barnes broke in a j Ellis was traded. Think back to when Chris Taylor was really integrated into this lineup, Guys like Andre Ethier got less playing time. So when you're around long enough, and it's a unique situation, people in Andrew Freeman's position don't usually last as long as he has lasted with one organization. But that just is a testament to the success of the Dodgers since Andrew took over, and obviously the support he's gotten from Mark Walter in more ways than one. So yes, it is kind of an end of an era. I mean, guys like Cody Bellinger and Corey Seeger and Justin Turner were a big part of the success of those teams, but Barnes and Chris Taylor and Max Munsey to a certain extent were the holdovers. And now we're moving into a new chapter for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Certainly well said David is driven by four. There's one thing we like, its choices. Find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric Toughess March can only be called F one fifty. We're talking a lot about injured pitchers and updates on Snell Great Interview Yesterday with Snell Zella DV. But what's going on with showe Aotani in his pitching.
Speaker 4: Well, I talked to some Japanese media yesterday and they said that they observed Otani throwing fifty pitches. He threw every pitch in that bullpen session yesterday outside of his slider, and he hit ninety five miles an hour in that bullpen session. And from what they've gathered, they believe that Otani is going to throw a live BP next Saturday at City Field if weather cooperates.
Speaker 1: Dave Hayesan Kim one of these young guys who is taking roster spots on some of these veterans. What kind of opportunity are we going to see from him now? What kind of opportunity on a daily basis, maybe starting in for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Well, Andrew Friedman said that this was his direct quote that ta Oscar Hernandez and Tom Yedman were not going to be iron men coming off the IL. So that means Hayesung Kim's going to get opportunities being able to, you know, plug in at second base primarily and sometimes in center field with those guys coming back and not going to be an everyday player right away, so there are opportunities for starts there are are opportunities to come off the bench, to be a pinch runner or a pinch hitter. So he just fills out this roster and this Dodger bench so much better than unfortunately Chris Taylor at this stage of his career.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave, appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dave's gonna go one on one with Kenley Jansen. That's coming up in a little over fifteen minutes, coming up here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. Though we got your Dodgers magical moments leading you up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium on this Sunday, Dodgers and Angels the Freeway Series wrapping up. I'm Tim Kasi's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue all season law.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Angels wrapping up this Freeways series. First meeting of the season for both teams against each other. Tony Gonsolin, you say Kukuchi the pitching matchup. First pitch set for one ten.
Speaker 12: Dog who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey magical moment pitch Magical by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: We go back to June twenty eighth, two thousand and eight, Dodgers playing host to the Anaheim Angels. Chad bill is He taking on Jared Weaver. The Dodgers won one to nothing, but got no hit.
Speaker 4: Oh beautiful, did you get the feeling?
Speaker 3: Everybody's sweating?
Speaker 5: One and two the.
Speaker 13: Averages better than four pitches in that bad, unbelievable leg you will it strikes out, two strikeouts for sido and the Dodgers win a game without a hit.
Speaker 5: Leave it to the doge.
Speaker 1: The great Vin Scully on the call. So how do you win a game without getting a hit? One to nothing? Well, it was a fifth inningan air that got Matt Kemp onto first base, got to second on a stolen base, advanced to third on an air, and then a Blake DeWitt, Yes, that Blake DeWitt, A sack fly to Wright scored Matt Kemp the only run of the game, a sackfly from Blake DeWitt scoring Matt Kemp. Dodgers did not have a hit in the game, struck out nine times and still beat the Angels and Jered Weaver. That day one to nothing out at Dodgers Stadium. This Hoffey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffe so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs, Local and so great. Well we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with Jose Mota for leading you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim kas Is, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 4: Not as we were saying.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's a Dodgers an Angels final game of the Freeway Series. Tony Gonsolin on the mountain. First pitch coming up at one ten. We'll hear from Kenley Janssen coming up in about seven minutes. But first we head back out to Dodgers Stadium. David Bassa, Jose Mota, Guys.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jose Mota filling in for Rick Monday again. When's Rick coming back? By the way, I just show up to me to show up, so I don't know you're here anyway.
Speaker 9: I'm here now, I'm here anyways, right, Yeah, that's right. All they I do is go next door. Go, oh, Rick's not here yet, so Jose come back. Oh, it's no problem.
Speaker 4: You're kind of the Tony Gonsolin of broadcasters. Underrated. Tony Gonsolin has the best winning percentage among pitchers in the National League since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 9: Hey, Tony Gonsolin, A couple things have happened with him, right, You gotta have run support, right, in order to have rus support, you gotta look at who he's facing on the mound that particular day.
Speaker 3: But if your team.
Speaker 9: Gives you runs, David, you go out there and keep the other team under those runs.
Speaker 3: So, so far, so good.
Speaker 4: I mean, are you the beneficiary of run support? And that's his winning percentage is so high? You have to have runs to win. Yeah, sure, I mean, look at my rais pretty good too.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 9: There's no taking away from him. But that sixteen to one year, I mean I was pretty wilid. You know, the time with him forever will be that he was supposed to be a piggyback issue with Tyler Anderson that year and they both became All Stars.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, Yeah, Tyler Anderson was out there yesterday and today Tony Gonsolin is going up against Yussey. Could Kuchi Jose, you know better than most of us how much Shoho Tani loves it when it's Kokuchi day.
Speaker 9: There's three home runs in that in his numbers, and it started when he first came was Seattle, and Kikuchi does have a home run in his arsenal. But the story goes way beyond Kikuchi and Showy.
Speaker 3: They went to the same high school, as you.
Speaker 9: Know very well, they did not have the same times in high school.
Speaker 3: Rather, they never were of the same teams.
Speaker 9: But it was Kakuchi that told show Hey, guess what part of your job is going to be in this high school cleaning toilets. Part of the duty was cleaning toilets. So forever Kikuchi instructed show Hey, saying as he welcome to the high school, said hey, by the way, I'm out of the high school, about you coming in?
Speaker 3: Get ready?
Speaker 9: Because part of what the discipline is, coach says, if my pictures could be disciplined in cleaning the bathrooms and the toilets, then I wanted the mental discipline to carry onto the mount don't figure, Hey.
Speaker 4: That sounds like the culture of Japan. Actually, I mean that doesn't surprise me. After you know, we've both been to Tokyo and we've seen the discipline of that.
Speaker 9: Culture and the little kids that are the ones responsible to clean the classrooms after school, which is marvelous.
Speaker 4: I'd love my kids to start doing that. Maybe just start in the room, right, Maybe I'll bring that idea back home today. Hey, even in spring training, Jose Otani hit a home er off of Kokuchi. Now I understand why Shohy was in such a great mood when I walked into the clubhouse today.
Speaker 9: Okay, so he's looking forward to that. Remember also show he's a daddy now. Show he has a little different look about him right now, like little glow and a little more responsibilities, keeping people happy, very showing out, not afraid of show his emotions and pulling to the suite. I mean, it's a very special time for him, and I'm glad that he has something else, some of beyond just playing baseball and his wife and the child and all those little things. But nothing stopped this guy, and he continues to go. If I'm Kakuchi today, are you gonna just not get him off the play? You got to get him on his heels.
Speaker 4: I will think, all right, we'll see how that matchup goes before I let you go. Obviously, your dad was part of the eighty one World Series team. You are around those guys when you were a kid. There came a time when Lopes, Rustling Say moved on, and the Dodgers now are at that point where guys like Bellinger, Seeger, Justin Turner and now Austin Barnes and Chris Taylor are now no longer Dodgers. How tough is that?
Speaker 3: It's hard because they created something that was not there before. That's another thing.
Speaker 9: They're part of a turnover. I'm bringing success back, okay. And they were glues. I mean these guys were and milsa fires that just brought two pieces together. Number two is that? And I learned this from was it? Like my dad told me about Joel Brown with the Pirates years and years ago, former general manager, like you have to make decisions with your head and not with your heart. And if you follow your heart, you're gonna be in trouble for a long time. Many decisions sometimes in baseball are made thinking about just the talie and don't want to break it.
Speaker 3: But I mean I.
Speaker 9: Saw Greg Brandt come in for who Yeah, C Garvey. I saw Dave Anderson come in. I saw Mariota Dunk come in. I saw Steve Sash come in. I saw Steve Jaeger, I saw Mike Soshi. So these things they do hurt, But in the same time, you gotta move on.
Speaker 3: If you don't, you gotta be stuck looking up. Yeah, tied, time, you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna be the old Phillies of nine ten eleven. That's something Andrew Freeman always wanted to avoid. SoSE thanks a lot, keep glowing like, Hey, no doubt it's gonna be a Felicie Domingo for a show hand Tonty today. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Jose. That's the Dodgers game plan. What's your game plan, Dodger fans? How about starting your future to California Community College financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill quickly, so enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you the keys to the game. We'll dive deeper to this pitchy match up. But up next former Dodger reliever now Angels closer ken Lee Janssen.
Speaker 6: That's next.
Speaker 1: As we lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers and Angels, I'm Tim Kase, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 8: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 5: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Angels wrapping up this freeway series. Tony Gonsolin, you say Kakuchi the pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at one ten. Ready to live that zench sweet life. Well, today's your final day to enter to wind the unforgettable night in LA with two premium sweet tickets to a game complete with gourmet food, drinks, and preferred parking. It's luxury, it's exclusive, and it's just one scan away, but you.
Speaker 6: Gotta do it. By the end of today.
Speaker 1: Go to the Zenchi Sushi counter near the deli counter at any participating Rouse grocery store. Scan the QR code enter for your chance to win, and you could be going and living.
Speaker 6: The zen she Sweet life.
Speaker 1: All the details at a five seventy LA sports dot Com zench sushi, fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 8: And now what will like avasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: We're getting ready for the Dodgers and Angels Freeway Series. And it's special this time around because you got Clayton Kershaw and ken Lee Jensen reunited in the same stadium again, Dodger Stadium. And I'm with the man that has more saves in Dodger history than any other pitcher in the franchise's long, tenured, storied history. And also he's got four hundred and fifty four saves, fourth most in Major League history, and he's going strong ninety seven heat last night at Dodgers Stadium, the one and only Kenley Jansen. Kenley, great to see you, and I always love seeing that smile.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks for having me Passe.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's great to be back here, and you know, it's always great to pitch in Dodger Stadium. It's awesome. And yeah, I'll try to get here and then try to help my team win today.
Speaker 4: Your team, yeah, the Angels. What's it like being the veteran, the leader of a bullpen. Considering where you started and where you're at right now.
Speaker 14: I feel great, man, definitely feeling great. I'm still going strong. And you know, like I said, man, learn my teammates, they're learning me, and you know, we giving each other's advice and helping each other and try to get better. That's that's what this gave me said about, you know, like when whatever I learned in the past and the experience that I have, what I bring, you know, I'm just gonna, you know, give it back to the guys who wants to learn it.
Speaker 4: I remember we've talked about this many times back in twenty twelve when you were becoming the closer that you eventually became. Ken Howe on the back of the bus on road trips, middle of the night in Pittsburgh would be trying to teach you how to be not just a really good picture, but a great leader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 14: You know, it takes a lot of sensitivity out of me. You know, man, I appreciate that man, God rest his soul. He was great to me, and you know he was always hard on me, and I feel like that paid off, you know, that. You know, everything that I did was earned. You know, I have to earn it, and you know, especially getting tough love. You know, it's just giving me love too. So you know I appreciate him.
Speaker 4: Clayton Kershaw with his career now he has to pitch differently. How have you evolved? What's different about ken Lee? The cutter and just the way you do things?
Speaker 14: Still throwing the same cutter, you know that's the thing. You know, he is ninety seven, Like, yes, not I might be like ninety or eighty nine, you know. So like I say, man, I just got to keep taking care of my body, stretching, you know, open up my hip. So you know, whenever my hips are open, you know you're gonna see the veto pops like that. So definitely feel great last night, and you know, I just got to continue to get better during the season.
Speaker 4: You still got it. So at this point of your career, you've accomplished so much. You obviously have the resume that many other closers would love to have. What still motivates you at this stage of your career.
Speaker 14: The things that motivate me, I think is you know when you look back, kids from kids are growing up you know, six years old playing this game in the backyard, you know, you know, imagine being the big leagues. And now I'm in the big league. So I'm not taking dad lightly. I don't want to take it for granted. I feel like a few years sometimes when you're young, you do stuff and you don't realize, and now you're a little older now and you appreciate it and realize.
Speaker 3: And that's why make.
Speaker 14: Me continue to, you know, keep going strong, because it's not about the money. It's the love that I have for this game. And I want to do it for a little bit longer. I want my kids to see it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 14: My kids are growing up also seeing whole hearted dad is working, and I want to set a sample for them too.
Speaker 3: So I love this game.
Speaker 14: So I'm trying to go at least a few more years here.
Speaker 4: Your older kids were just babies when you were pitching with the Dodgers doing your thing. How much do they realize now how good their dad is?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean, like you said, when I started, none of them was born, you know, so and like you said, they're born here when I was in a Dodgy uniform being a baby. So and now they've grown up watching me and understand the game. It's freaking awesome, man, So you know, I'm definitely keep doing it for them also too.
Speaker 4: I know you lost your mom in spring training? How much do you carry her with you every time you're out on that now?
Speaker 14: Now, No, it's tough sometimes, you know, I mean, you got to carry your fate. But you know, I believe in God, you know, knowing that she's in a better place now, she's not suffering no more. But you know, sometimes for us here as a human, you know, yeah, you miss her and it's tough sometimes, but you know I'm controlling that also. And you know, being around my teammates helps a lot. And being run the game of baseball. That again that my mom never miss a game watching me when I was a kid growing up. So it definitely feel great also too, to keep doing this all.
Speaker 4: Right, before I let you go, one more baseball question. Kershaw is still going at this stage of his career. He wants to keep going. You want to keep going? Can you and envision a day where both of you are being inducted the same year to Cooperstown? How beautiful would that be? The guy that saved more of Kershaw's wins than anybody else being there together with him.
Speaker 14: Man, that's crazy. You know, that's crazy for me to think about that right now. You know, it's a great honor. You know, I think it will be a great honor. But you know, for me, I still gotta work hard. I still gotta earn it everything I earned. You know, I feel like for me, I didn't earn it yet. So you know that's why I continue to go and when I throw my last pitch in the game, and I feel like I earned every bit of you know, I tried to go to the Hall, So we've gotta keep working hard for that, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Kennelly, thanks a lot for the time, love that you got, the California love back being with the Angels and being back at Dodger Stadium certainly brings back so many great memories with you closing out games.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir, thank you, thank you for having me there.
Speaker 4: He is my guy, Kenley Jansen, the all time saves leader in Dodger history. That will never change no matter what uniform he's wearing. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, Thanks a lot, DV. Great to hear from Kenley Jansen. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night, and Shaky's dot Com lead you up to first pitch on this Sunday Dodgers Angels up next, we dive deep into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Kas's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap.
Speaker 5: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Angels on this Sunday afternoon. First Pitcher, Dodger Stadium's coming up at one ten.
Speaker 8: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinuck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: For is it about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard in play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Hasn't been easy for use Kakuchi Owen four the three seventy two era for the thirty three year old veteran left hander out of Japan, his seventh season in the Big Leagues, first with the Angels. He is just the sixth Japanese born player to play for the Halos. Making his ten start this year, he has gone exactly six innings in six of his nine starts, including each of his last two outings. Last time, six innings, four runs, seven hits, four strikeouts in a no decision against the Padres on the road this year, Kakuchi is zero to four with a four to seventy eight RRA and six road starts, making his fifth career start against the Dodgers one and two with an ERA over five at Dodgers Stadium. In his career two starts one to oh with an ERA under three. Dodgers against Kakuchi well Shoaho Tani seven for twenty three three Zho four average, three home runs in five rabbies. By the way, both Otani and yuse Kukuchi went to the same high school in Japan. Tony Gonsol on the mound with the Dodgers the Catman two and Ozho the two eighty one ERA thirty one year old veteran right hander his seventh season in the Big Leagues, but finally healthy this year after missing a year and a half because of Tommy John surgery. Making just his fourth start last time out, five shutout innings, three hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Diamondbacks. Against the Angels in his career, Tony Gonsolin three starts, three to zero record with a three seventy nine ERRA. So the catman is on the prow for the Dodgers. Tony Gonsolin going for the Blue who need a win to avoid getting swept by the Angels at home in this Freeway series h's the Dodgers and Angels were fifteen minutes away for first pitch.
Speaker 6: Keys to the game.
Speaker 1: Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack On the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Angels, final game of this Freeway series. Tony Gonsolin, yuse Kukuchi, the pitching matchup, first pitch from Dodgers Stadium coming up at one ten and the boys in Blue and they play at home. It's import they have the right plan to protect their house. The same applies to your home. Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, user install ignition resistant materials around your home. Use fire resistant materials when building a deck. Replace events with ember and flame resistant events. Use noncombustible fencing materials for the portion that connects to your house. For more about these tips and to find out others, visit fire dot CA dot gov. All right, back out to Dodger Stadium before first pitch, Steven Nelson hose Mo to guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels. Final time at Dodgers Stadium this year. Of course, the Dodgers will head down to Anaheim and visit the Big A later this season. But the task today is avoid a series sweep. I mean, losing two games in a row has been a rare site for the Dodgers for the majority of this season. Definitely getting swept at home that has not happened for sure, especially against a team like the Angels. So Tony Gonsolin will take the ball against Yusai Kikuchi.
Speaker 3: He needs to go out there and give you some an ingers.
Speaker 9: He's coming up a very good start at Arizona five innings with no runs, eighty four pitches, which is a max. So today he could have a little bit more, and the Dodgers need Tony Gonsolon will be as effectively as he has been, especially in the first few innings and then with the middle of the order. And for the Angels, it doesn't matter who is hitting in which part. So far this series, they've been outstanding with men in scoring position eight for twenty three. But for Tony that on one pitch becomes quickly zero to two. And I think he needs to have the curve ball going today early and also keep and pay attention to the base runners. As we know run Washington has a few weapons here and there that he has to pull out when he needs to.
Speaker 2: And also really the Dodgers need him to provide some length. Kirbyates hit the injured list Sunday morning as well. Luke Trevino was called up in his place. He was just picked up by the Dodgers earlier this week. A veteran guy who has closed games before, been at a high level before, but then some injuries and he's trying to get back on track. But you think about, you know, the guys in the bullpen who they'd probably like to stay away from today. So Tony Gonsolin They're leaning on him for sure. Give me one key against Yusak Kuccie. The left hand are starting today for the Haloes.
Speaker 3: Don't help him out.
Speaker 9: This guy does have a home run ball in his arsenal, but do not spread the zone. It should be a fun matchup between now the old high schoolers's right in and.
Speaker 2: Ki Otani leading off, and we'll have Tommy Edmund in the lineup with him for the first time in a minute. Edmund activated off the Angels playing in center field. Ta Oscar Hernandez shouldn't be too far behind him. Knock on wood. All things considered, with where the Dodgers are at, the fact that they have done this without being at full strength for the majority of the season, it is quite something, Tim, But the ballgame is in front of him, the series finale. Trying to avoid a sweep at home.
Speaker 1: All right, First pitch is next final game of the Freeway series. Tony Gonsolin on the mound. Dodgers need a win to avoid getting swept at home.
Speaker 6: By the Halos.
Speaker 1: First pitches next, enjoyed Everybody Happy Sunday. I'm Tim Kass the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network