Speaker 1: And this episode is cold. Bye.
Speaker 2: What's up? Guys? Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one episod eleven Bike and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we watched it the first time, and it is going to be super fun.
Speaker 4: Yes, it will.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website.
Speaker 3: Thebluepodcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcast at gmail dot.
Speaker 2: Com, links to our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, timestamps so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, and you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar a month, and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: You guys sure are awesome. We really appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that we think are awesome. We just got done rewatching bike. You sure you don't want some help? No, Stella, could you tell us what was going on? At the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: Louie was at the park riding her bike and she just couldn't get the hang of it, and she got upset and sat down and asked, why can't I just get this on the first try? So she starts sitting with Bandit and he started pointing out that Bingo was trying to get a drink of water from the water fountain, but she can't press the button and then get to the water in time.
Speaker 2: When Bandit sees Blue struggling trying to ride her bike, he asked her if she's sure she doesn't want some help, and what does she tell him? Stella, She says no, she wants to do it herself, and when she's fed up, she does say why can't I do it straight away? And Bandit told her that's not how the world works. And Amanda, what did Blue say to that?
Speaker 4: She said, the world is silly, and Bandit said he had to agree with her there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she's onto something. She says, she's never riding that bike again. Does that seem like where she was at with at Amanda?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she was done for sure.
Speaker 2: When she starts looking around at what some of the littler kids are doing, she sees Bingo trying to get a drink out of the fountain. Like Stella mentioned Amanda, what's happening with Bingo?
Speaker 4: Well, Bingo pushes the button for the water fountain to come on, but she's too short to actually reach up and get the water, so she pushes a button for the water to come on, and then she runs around to the other side of it, and she's trying to climb up the water fountain to get a drink of the water. But by the time she gets up to the fountain where the water is, the water starts to go back and she misses her drink.
Speaker 2: Blue mentions that the button is on. Pressing is what she calls it. It's one of those where it's a valve when you push it down, it's got spring tension and the hydraulic action of the water holds it in for a predetermined period of time, and it slowly comes out to shut itself off so that people don't just leave it running all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good idea for her water fountain.
Speaker 2: And she gets so close, doesn't she, Henry, Yeah, she does. I think that was making her more frustrated. The fact that she would get so close. It would have almost been easier for her to take if it just wasn't even remotely a possibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think you're right about that, Dad. I would go insane if that kept happening to me over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a lot to take, wouldn't it. They see another little having problems, Henry, Who is it and what are they trying to do?
Speaker 3: They saw Bentley and she was having a problem of getting to the monkey bars.
Speaker 2: Those were way over her head, weren't they. Yeah, she wanted to get up there so bad. I remember feeling like that when I was a kid, and thinking, me being big enough to reach these is never going to happen. That's a million years from now. And while she was up there, Chloe went straight across like it was no big deal, and poor Bentley had to watch that go on. We see Stella's favorite character finishing her water bottle. Stella, what happens with Muffin?
Speaker 3: Muffin just finished her water bottle and she's going to put it in her backpack. So she puts it in her backpack, ends ups it up and she's able to get it on one arm, but she just can't seem to get the other strap on her other arm.
Speaker 2: She's sure trying though. In the meanwhile, we see Bingo and she's trying to climb up the back of the fountain again. What ends up happening?
Speaker 3: Stella, Banda and Bluie are cheering Bingo on, but she ends up sliding down and not being able to get the water in time.
Speaker 2: She was so close. I mean that time, so close, and I would think as a dad, it would be hard for me to sit and watch my kid trying to do that without wanting to go over straight away and help them. But Benda was doing the right thing. This is how you learn and adapt and figure out how to do things on your own. Bentley is going to make another go at the monkey bars. What does she do? Amanda?
Speaker 4: This time, Bentley takes a run at the bars and jumps up, but she still just can't reach them. She's having such a hard time and she's trying so so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she lands right in a dirt and she's getting upset. I know I would have been when I was a little kid like that, falling down trying so hard. What's Muffin got going on? Amanda?
Speaker 4: Now we see Muffin running round and round and round in circles, trying her best to get her arm through that other strap on her backpack. I would have ended up being dizzy as can be if I did that. But she was really trying her hardest, going around and round around, and she still could not quite get that strap on her back.
Speaker 2: Bluie was trying to give her advice from over on the bench, going, no, Muffin, don't spin the straps right there. But Muffin did get pretty dizzy, Henry, what happens to her?
Speaker 3: Muffin got so dizzy that she fell on the ground.
Speaker 2: And Bandit said, oh boy, here comes the meltdown. Come you have got? That was a classic Muffin rant stella. Where would you rank that in muffins like top ten tantra moments.
Speaker 3: Maybe like four or five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's had some pretty Roughence I, for some reason, am really drawn to that this is unacceptable, because that's exactly what I would say right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can totally hear you saying that.
Speaker 2: Well, Stella. We cut back over to Bentley. She's trying again, and what happens with her?
Speaker 3: She decides to start running and then jump up to grab the monkey bars. But when she does that, instead of grabbing them to the monkey bars, she falls on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she falls, and you actually see a tear in her eye, and she said something in particular. Do you remember what it was?
Speaker 3: She said, why can't I just do this the first time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why can't I do this straight away? And Blue mentions that that's exactly what she said when she was having trouble with her bike. We see Bingo over at the water fountain and she's pretty upset, Amanda, What is she doing?
Speaker 4: Bingo tries again to get another drink of water, and again she fails, even though she tries so hard, and she gets so upset about it. She says, I just can't do it and I'm never going to get to drink water again. Well, then the next thing we know, we see her curling up into a ball underneath the water fountain, and she's so upset and she's just given up for now, and.
Speaker 2: Blue remarks that I curled up in a ball too when I was having trouble with my bike. Bloe wants to go and help Bingo. But Henry, what does Bandit tell her to do?
Speaker 3: Bandit tells Blue to wait and see what happens with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sees these kids. Do you think he was wanting Blue to learn a lesson from what he was trying to show her or was it really just about letting Bingo and the other kids do their thing.
Speaker 3: I think he was wanting Blue to learn a lesson.
Speaker 2: I think so too. We see each kid staring their problem down and really trying to think about what to do. And in the meanwhile, the music kicks in and we hear a theme and it's like this halftime feel with a beat, and it's a classical theme by Beethoven. Does anybody remember what it was? Yes, Henry, isn't it called Ode to Joy Very Good Beethoven's ninth And it was that halftime feel, real slow, duh duh, and it had the little drum beat going and we see them starting to try their things. Stella, what happens with Bentley.
Speaker 3: Bentley is upset and starts holding onto the pillar type thing that connects to the monkey bar. And while she's upset, she actually pays attention to it and realizes that she could climb up on that.
Speaker 2: Amanda, what is Bingo doing.
Speaker 4: Bingo gets out from under the water fountain and she takes a look at the water fountain again and she decides to push on the water fountain and the water's coming out and she just holds onto it. She's just pushing with all her little might.
Speaker 2: In the meanwhile, Henry, we see Muffin. What is she doing?
Speaker 3: Muffin is laying down and she starts pushing herself towards the backpacks and she can slide into it so she can get it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's on her back And at first I thought she's trying to sneak up on the backpack and surprise it. But yeah, my surprise. Yeah, she's sliding toward it on her back. And I thought that Bingo was trying to hold the button down, thinking the longer she held it, the longer it would last while she was trying to get up there.
Speaker 4: That's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Well, we see Bentley getting ready to do her thing, and Bandon and Bluie are cheering her on. They're all so emotionally invested in what is going on with these kids? And Stella? What does Bentley do?
Speaker 3: Bentley gets on to the monkey bars, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She doesn't, and they were so happy for I love that. But getting up there wasn't all it was cracked up to be. To get down now, Stella, has that ever happened to you? When you try and try to get something and then once you do, you're like, well, this isn't as great as I thought it would be.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we've seen Muffin succeed, We've seen Bentley succeed, and now we're left with Bingo Amanda. What is she doing?
Speaker 4: She's pushing on the water fountain for the water to come out, and now she has been pushing on it for so long that the water is coming out and spilling over the water fountain. And where does water go after it spills out of the water fountain. It goes on to the ground where she's been holding it for so long that it has spilled out onto the ground and formed a nice puddle which she can drink from.
Speaker 2: Banda and Blue are happy for yet torn over how she managed to get it. Oh God, it's less than ideal, but it's still a wind nice fucking gout. All three little kids managed to overcome their obstacles, and Banda and Blue are sitting there just kind of enjoying the nature and the silence. But it seems like Blue's got something on her mind. Henry, what happens?
Speaker 3: Blue gets back up and she walks over to her bike. She puts her helmet on as she tries again.
Speaker 2: Nice work, blooey. And that was the episode, Henry. Did we miss anything?
Speaker 3: Nope? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 4: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anyone tell us? What did you learn today?
Speaker 3: I think the lesson was that even if something seems hard, you shouldn't give up and you should keep trying.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Yeah, I agree with that. Anybody have anything else?
Speaker 4: I agree with Stella. I think the lesson I get from this is to never give up and also to help cheer on our friends that are trying their hardest.
Speaker 2: What about you, Henry?
Speaker 3: I agree with Mom and still about it.
Speaker 2: Well, they both are quite wise. A couple of things I would add to this the kids all thought outside the box. They didn't give up on solving their problem, but they also took a different look at how to solve their problem. Each one of them did something seemingly unconventional. Muffin crawled on her back into her backpack instead of trying to put it on standing up. Bentley climbed up the frame of the monkey bars to grab a hold of the rings, and bingo, just let the water pour out of the fountain onto the ground. Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it was definitely a solution that worked, and it wasn't the quote unquote normal thing that you would do in those situations. So thinking outside the box when you're having trouble doing something, take another look at it.
Speaker 4: I agree, I didn't think of it like that.
Speaker 2: Another thing, and we talked about this just a little bit ago, was that as a parent, it can be so tough to not rush in and help your kid immediately, especially if time is of the essence and you're needing to get out the door and they're trying to tie their shoes. Let's use that as an example. Part of you just wants to get it done so you can get out the door. And get in the car, right, But also you want to help them. You hate to see your kids struggle, but that struggle isn't a real struggle. It's part of learning, and you have to be able to stand back and watch that happen. Right.
Speaker 4: And I totally understand what you're saying. And I know there were probably so many times that with these kids I have said here, let me just do it. Here, let me just do it, because yeah, you do kind of get rushed on time and just the simplest things that they should be learning that they can't quite do. It's like it's just easier if you go ahead and do it yourself, so you can, you know, get going and get out the door. But yeah, it's hard to not do things for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it can be really tricky, but it's always great to see them succeed. And when you can cheer on their victories along with them, just how good that feels to you and to them all at the same time. It really makes for a very sweet thing.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely, it's it's wonderful to see them finally get the hang of something and finally learn how to do it themselves.
Speaker 2: Stella and Henry, can you guys think of something that was a real challenge for you guys when you were growing up from being a little.
Speaker 3: I think one of the hardest things that I had to learn for me when I was younger was either tying my shoes or learning how to ride a bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are both tricky, and the tough thing is is now they make some pretty hip shoes for kids that don't have laces that tie, so you can really put off the inevitable. Suddenly, the next thing you know, they're going off to college and you have to sit them down and have the talk. I'm gonna show you how to do this. First you make one rabbit ear and then to make another and teach them how to tie their shoes.
Speaker 4: Here raising a nation of squibs.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me that I learned how the time my shoes, but now there's just a bunch of cool slip ons.
Speaker 2: Oh come on.
Speaker 3: When I was younger, I went to learn how to roller skate, and learning how to do that was just really hard. But I ended up and enjoin roller skating after I learned how to do it.
Speaker 2: You actually picked up on that really quickly. I was impressed because I remember I fell down a bunch at first, and you didn't, and I was like, man, that's not fair. Your mom wanted to push you down and I'm.
Speaker 3: Told her, no, no, you didn't.
Speaker 4: You're right, I didn't, Amanda.
Speaker 2: Do you remember anything in particular when we were watching the kids learn to do something that you really had to stop yourself from intervening and helping them.
Speaker 4: I can't think of any specific thing off hand, but I know there were probably several things.
Speaker 2: I think about, rinsing off the dishes at the sink. Just give it to me, Just give it to me, Just give it to me. Putting a Blu ray in the Blu ray player, Oh my gosh, just give it to me. Now. One thing they didn't have trouble learning at all was the remote control. They learned how to work the TV.
Speaker 4: Nobody's business that pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And like Henry with video games, that took all of about twenty seconds to get him pointed in the right direction. And now he's the master, Yes he is. He's making like the wise meditating monk. Look over there, but you guys can't see him. And unfortunately, because all these monks take a vow of silence, you can't hear me, but oh, does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 3: As always, I like seeing Muffin in this episode.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I almost want to call her Stella when she comes up on the screen.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Muffin, I thought was really funny how Bandit said, uh oh, here comes the tantrum or whatever he said when he thought Muffin was gonna lose it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you learn how somebody reacts to things, and yeah, oh sure, yeah, Stella, would you do me one favor one time? Would you just go this is unacceptable? No, Stella, this is unacceptable.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 2: What about you, Hennery, you have anything?
Speaker 3: I found Bannett's response to seeing Bingo drink water off of the ground funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was pretty classic, and boy can I relate to that. It's not ideal, but it's a win nonetheless.
Speaker 4: But there again we question are they dogs or are they people? Dogs drink out of bowls on the floor, they drink out of water puddles.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, but let me ask you this, if one of our dogs was drinking out of a puddle on the ground, would you think it was gross?
Speaker 4: Oh? Point taking Okay, Yeah, he makes sense. Okay, all right, but I mean some dogs do it. Some dogs I just don't want ours to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said it a couple of times already. But I love seeing Bandit in his parenting style, the type of dad that he is. He is calm and collected, and it's not done out of a lack of wanting to pay attention to the kids. He's not just putting it off there they can figure it out so that he doesn't have to deal with it. He's doing it so that they can succeed, so that they can learn. Because we see in other episodes, for example, the one where the ice cream will taste the sweetest if you earn it, it's the same kind of thing. Yeah, they could have picked Bengo up and got her a drink of water, but her struggling her way through it and nailing it probably felt so good to her, and he was able to sit back and allow that to happen. So it was done with like a calm, quiet strength and out of a lot of love. I just thought that was cool. I love Bandit so much. He's the best.
Speaker 4: You should write a parenting.
Speaker 2: Book, Bandit should.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, guys, we think Bluuie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next? The howl outs, Okay, listen up.
Speaker 3: Everyone has to clap and go whoa yeah, all right, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 4: Ay.
Speaker 2: We have the best fans anywhere, and we are so so thankful for you, guys.
Speaker 4: We sure are. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 2: We get so many comments and five star reviews and emails and we read every single one of them, and let's take a look at some of them. We will start on Spotify. We heard from Jamie and they said that they and their sisters like the episode Grannymobile off. That is one of my favorites too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, who doesn't like Grannymobile?
Speaker 2: I bet Stella likes that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: We heard from our friend Julia. We heard from our friend Alex, who's been with us since practically day one, and he was sharing a couple of things where there were tiny glitches in the animation of the shows where you can see like a stripe disappear on one of the characters and then reappear. Stuff like that. Oh, it's really cool. So if you guys are on Spotify. Check through the comments of some of the recent episodes and look for Alex and you will see some pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 4: Thanks for putting that out, Alex.
Speaker 2: We heard from Pink Yoshi. We heard from Ali Oscar Hope, Grant, Serene Quinn, Twice Live, Abby Ray, Natalie Saprina, and Sarah on Instagram. We got a video from our friend Audrey.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hey, books is back, and of course I hold that you guys like mister Brownie Bill so ta da, I said, Ta da ta da, Hi Jenofie Heels. I verly love your podcast and I was a little bit distracted when I love playing on the drums my favorite polsontal Stone honeybye.
Speaker 4: Hi Audrey, thank you so much for your puppet show. That was very cute, and thank you so much for reaching out to us. We loved hearing from you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Audrey. Your impressions are really good. Thank you, Audrey.
Speaker 2: We got some emails. We heard from Teddy who mentioned that he was going to buy some merch from our te public merch store, and I noticed that somebody bought a T shirt and a poster from there, so maybe that was Teddy, But thank you so much. I hope that you enjoy it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thanks to.
Speaker 2: And we heard from Lodonna. She listens at bedtime every night and really loves the podcast.
Speaker 4: Ah, thanks for listening to Lodonna. We're glad you loved the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys. If you'd like to send us an email or send us a voice message, be sure to ask your parents to help you record yourself on a tablet, phone or computer and email the file to us and Stella where should they send that?
Speaker 3: Louis Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much. Like I said, we read all of the emails, comments and reviews, even the mean ones, and we are mostly happy to see all of them. We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 4: We sure do appreciate you guys so much, and you're the reason why we do this. We're just so glad you love the show and just thank you for all your support.
Speaker 2: Well, guys, until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye, say the fam.