Speaker 1: All right, we get some trailers, some random news and quick way. You've been watching Taylor. What do you think about these trailers? Tom's Crown Affair, your Mother, Your Mother, Your Mother, and Violent Night too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I'll start up with Violent Night Too because that's the one. It's funny because I had to do a Discord quest to get that. I get some orbs by watching the trailer, and you get the orbs. The orbs you can buy cool things for your profile and Discord. So I watched that. You know, hey, they introduced missus Claus Now always down for Anna to be making, you know, appearances and other projects. She's a really funny actress. I always get a kick out of everything she pops into because she's kind of has like a cute, funny kind of vibe, especially when she spread up with her husband. There's just one what was that movie.
Speaker 1: Hang On with Dak Shappard?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What was that?
Speaker 1: Way?
Speaker 2: Because I saw it in theaters with my friend and it was so it's a recent movie, hit and run ten years ago. So with Bradley Cooper. Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: I've seen bits and pieces of it. I remember Bradley Cooper on the roof. But you just you said recent movie that's a decade agoing.
Speaker 2: It's a decade. It's a decade. Yeah and no, I yeah, that movie is so fucking funny though, Oh my god, Like Bradley Cooper opens up the door and they go in, it's all these old people having this huge orgy. They're like, what the fuck is going on in here? Oh, I gotta figure out a way to get you guys to watch that movie.
Speaker 1: It's so if you wanna, if you want a draft this year, you can make it happen, and.
Speaker 2: I'll make it happen. Yeah. Anyways, thought producers of wedding crashers. But yeah, I'm I never saw the first one. I don't know if I'll eventually get out of this for violent name, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's very surprising. I feel like that's up your alley.
Speaker 2: And I do enjoy David Harbor. David Harbor in some roles, some things that he's you know, he's just been a little too over comedic. You're gonna take me down a notch. But I do like Yeah, although I like wheres Red Guardian has been kind of evolving too. I think it's been growing in a way that I really really like, but yeah, maybe this will kind of be the thing that pushes me over the edge to actually see that first one, because when I was watching it, I was definitely feeling like I was feeling the Christmas spirit a little bit watching the trailer, and I'm starting to think, you know, Maria Carrey is going to be dethowed soon and coming out of the ice.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen some some memes. I've seen some memes where people like walk out of their door and then you hear Mariah Carey like faint, like echoes over the mountains and stuff, just because people are like just they're they're teasing that she's coming. And then the other movies Thomas Crown Affair, Yeah, I watched this trailer. What the fuck happened in this movie?
Speaker 1: This movie?
Speaker 2: Why can't I remember? I watched the trailer, but I can't remember anything happened. Jordan's Fee Yeah, yeah, this was like.
Speaker 1: James bond is, Well, it looks like tannt You should watch the tan trays them back to back be as there's him and run out of the building. The villain's the same, Kenneth Browns the villain in both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big Nolan fan this director, then Michael George the director. Oh big Nolan fan. Then yes, okay, I mean I haven't seen Creed one, two, or three, so I feel like I'm very much behind because I'm not immersed on what he's just running with lately, aside from directed three.
Speaker 1: Director, Oh he just started. This is the second directoral directorial directing directing debut.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but yeah, I don't know if it's gonna be in the theatrical movie for me, but I'm curious. I'm curious, Uh, your mother, your mother, your mother? This one I was trying to kind of get a gauge on, so okay, like he's a single parent and he's taking care of three kids, trying to make ends meet. He's kind of got like a John Wick kind of vibe to him as an like a super high end assassin kind of guy. And yeah, it was kind of interested in this too. But you were alluding that you got some interesting like blade things here, right.
Speaker 1: So two things one, because then that article we talked about last week, all the sore training where shal Lee used for Blade, he used for this and the director I can't remember his name, is like, uh oh, God, let me. I don't want to botch it, but I'll shout his name. The director for this was originally the director for Blade.
Speaker 2: Oh was that right?
Speaker 1: So they've both bas Aam Tariq, so they both get fucked over by Marble and then like, oh, we're gonna make a movie a twenty four and it's we're gonna use your sword channel things. So I find because he was promoting this movie, it's going to tiff. He was promoting this movie. That's what those comments came out. But yeah, so he used the training from Blade. And then it's the same director that was attached Blade and they went off and did their own film.
Speaker 2: So well, that's uh, that's something I feel like that's happened before with a few different projects where they're supposed to be doing one thing and they kind of turn around. Actually that was wasn't that District nine wasn't supposed to be like Halo and then they end up just training around. Yeah yeah, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Eh geez, Maybe it'll be like that the next District nine. Ah yeah, maybe it could be somewhere. I really like this trail. I'm gonna wait to see what people say. But it's going to TIFFs. That's a good thing. But I really like this. That actually funny enough. The sword fighting scenes looked great too, like they look like this looks it's again makes me sad that we're not getting this blade, So maybe that's it too, like it'll be like a spiritual successor. But I like this idea of this guy who clearly has a shady past or was a criminal. He has his baby mother's passed away it seems like probably in birth or whatnot, and he needs some sort of breast milk. But he probably has like a shady checker pass where he can't just get this stuff very easily, right, so he has to do more back things. So and just that scene where he had with John corro sposital of just like, oh, you know, it's not easy. It's like, yeah, it's not easy raising three kids alone. My background stuff. So Marshallie to me is one of the greatest actors at least currently right now. So this is definitely on my radar. I really liked this trailer. So Thomas Crown a fair I am interested in. I need to rewatch. Did you ever see the original, like the second original Pierce Bronson that came out in our era in the nineties.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 1: So this is like the third one. I don't know if it's a book, but there was a first one, then there's a remake, and then this is a second remake.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't think I saw it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looked fun. It looks slick. I like Michael to be jordalone. He's very talented and he's also one of the best actors world. You got dre Arona and I bet they can have some good chemistry, and I think there could be some fun things. So this one's a word of mouth one because Tom's ground fair. I've seen that one with Pierce, but not enough to remember it beat by beat, so I might watch for that, but I think I'll wait till word of Mouth. But I did like three. He had some interesting style in there, so all people wanted to give a shot. And then what was the either one that I forget? Here was the third trailer, Silent Night, Oh silently, Yeah, So I was somebody. I need to rewatch that because I felt like when I watched my memories are just like it was perfectly fine. It wasn't bad, but he didn't see my expectations, and I didn't laugh as much as I thought. This looks like, I mean, I'll laugh a lot more. I want to put it in en if I didn't know you watched the first one, so I apologize for that, but I I thought you had because I just feel like it's this movie's up your band Wigan. For sure, you guys see that first one, But this one I think looks like they're leaning more into the comedic side, which I think might be better. There's just one moment I got we went to heart as well, kids. I think Christmas is over and just the way he said it and delve in that line as Santa. And the first one has comedy too, but it's way more i'd say, like actionary and dark. This one's hitting more on the comedy side. And honestly, most of the stuff was all working for me. So I'll probably give one a shot again and then I'll go watch this one. I do think they showed a lot on this. I'm pretty sure that last shot when he's like some about the sleigh, am, I Oh, that's like in the last five minutes, isn't it. So I mean that's a little disappointed, like showing that off, but I know I'm actually excited to see what violent I two can bring me. But if this one is also another one, that's just kind of fine, then I think I'm I'm out on the franchise now. So let's see here. So for movie news, the Mummy Taylor. Today, we got confirmed that I can't remember their names, but the guy who plays the leader of the Magi, it's like Oda Fair. And then the guy who plays Bennie, I can't remember his name, but the guy who played Bennie is coming back. Taylor questioned me if he died like he had to me, had one of the most obvious death scenes. Potato's like, you sure those bugs got him? It's none of the bugs. He was in the the Egyptian tower, the pyramid that fell. And then today the guy that plays Jonathan, I believe in it. I think that's who it is, or who's somebody else, but uh, they spoiled. Let's see John hann Oh, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're gonna see what happens.
Speaker 1: We're gonna confirming Kevin Kevin O'Connor. Is this guy Benny All one of the best like Weekling performances ever. He's so good Man he's he's such a highlight.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the book goes into the goog so that's.
Speaker 1: Claps and Benny's trying to get that. He's literally about to die, but he's like, I gotta get this gold. He drops it finally. Oh that shot always made me WinCE. You know, it's about to crush him. Oh but you can't wait to retro these escape from Okay, you can just get way further head way.
Speaker 2: It's fine, I know, I just want to because Benny comes running. Watch the movie, he's just running.
Speaker 1: Good by Benny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still O'Connell, you know, great guy to the end, because like he tries to save him, but he look, he knows he's not saving him.
Speaker 1: He meant he was gonna, you know, he was gonna, all right, skip furtherhead give like way furtherhead I'm gonna get this fucking copera.
Speaker 2: This guy.
Speaker 1: We watched along that we've already done them on we watch We're gonna do a retro for it too. Still but it has been five years.
Speaker 2: But he's got the gold.
Speaker 1: The gold doesn't matter. Now remember this. This pyramid does collapse later on. I don't think we see them in this clip look at that bug. Okay, skip forward. We don't need to watch the full se and get the bummies.
Speaker 2: A great movie to see if one of these goes into him.
Speaker 1: No, but like the lights go out and he screams, bloody murder. Look at this, he is not a lot.
Speaker 2: I think there's a chant. It's gotta be a chance.
Speaker 1: Look at those at all he's done, and listen to those are fighting sounds. Look at all those glorious clips. Those are biting sounds. He's dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are some biting sounds in there.
Speaker 1: But then we talked about this in the discord before I then got come from today. I guess John Hammer, John Hammer is the name. Just make sure I got that right, but uh, yeah, John Hannah. I think he plays Jonathan like the brother. No, no, the guy who plays Emo Tip is Arnold of OSLA, but confirmed he'll be coming back. He said he'll be back as well. I'm not sure where that came from. I said, oh, yeah, I guess he just did the interview. You gotta love that, right with their trying to keep things secret, and he's just like, yeah, he's coming back too. But we talked about that, right and the discore like k first who head mo O Tep. The third one did not didn't have a lot of scared, didn't have Magi, didn't have Amo Tep, didn't do well. So it was like, hey, do you still do something new or do you bring back all the nostalgia And it seems like they're going hard on that. So you got Benny, you got h I can't remember the guy's name of the Lee of the Magi. He got em O Tep. Where are you feeling about this? FROMMNI four?
Speaker 2: This is fantastic, This is I mean, this is this is great. I'm not a big hater of the third one with the jet Lee and whatnot, but it's definitely the weaker of the of the three for sure. Like if I'm if I'm picking Mummy movie, I know where I'm going. And plus they tried to remake it with Tom Cruise and tried to set up that whole universe, but that didn't take off because there's just something special to the one that they made. And the sequel The Mummy returns right like those. I remember booting up my old particularly my Jurassic Park three vhs, so I put that into my my uh VCR and then you get the previews, you get the Grinch should always be in there, and you get the Mummy, and it shows like the Mummy return sequences with Emo teps like water Face, like flying and chasing them in the hot air balloon thing and all that shit like this. It's just lives rent free in my mind. So diving back into that kind of environment is great. And obviously if they're bringing Emotep back now for sure confirmed, then yeah, it makes sense Benny being a Mummy kind of a deal. And they're going to be going back to that temple, even though it got sucked into the desert. They're they're going back into that area somehow, I imagine, because even though it got sucked into the desert, they still were able to dig up Emotep's fucking body and do the ritual and bring them back, right, So there's always ways to bring that son of a bitch back. And then you're gonna have ad that bird talking like, oh, he'll bring about the next apocalypse for a billion years or some shit like that, which I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I feel like his story was done, like I'm in the camp of I'm I feel like the original three is enough nostalgia, even the magic I got perfect odor fair like, yes, bring him back. I just feel and Benny like almost see how that goes. But I was wanting a new mommy because I just feel like in the Mummy too, an Oxal Moon showed that she didn't really love him and that's what he was fighting for the whole time, and he had a chance to keep fighting her like being like alive, and he just let go and he just went back to Hell. So he like kind of gave up. So I just don't know what the motivations is for the Mummy now, because.
Speaker 2: Like I just like, bring in Dayne Johnson.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the wrong possibility, Like I don't I do laugh, But I do not think that especially Rock's crew is going. Yeah, I would not surprise me if that's a secret or if they announced at.
Speaker 2: Some point, I'd be fucking hype.
Speaker 1: Jamanji Bombs would not surprise me at all. Like I wouldn't take the pizza bed, but like I'm right on the verge of like i'd take a pizza bed. I just think they would do it. But I just don't know what more you can do with them. I just feel like everything you could do. Everything has been said has been said with Emo tip right, But I think this isn't that. Hopefully the movie ends up being good. This feels like to me, okay, this is a full nostalgia play. We want to get as many people in there, and let's bring back the original Mummy. Not sure that it's gonna work as well. I guess they're gonna be age m right, because the Mummy's don't age, so he's looking a lot older the other people can. But I'm still excited for this movie. I'm still excited see br and fra Rick O'Connell. It's still excited to say Rachel Wis is evil'connell. But uh, this this was like, Okay, I guess, but you know we'll see it. Says, did you guys ever watch the Mummy animate show? When I was a kid, I'd loved to rewatch again because I wonder if it was shit or not. But I did as a kid because I love the Mummy was a core pillar, uh like childhood thing, So.
Speaker 2: I did not watch it.
Speaker 1: There you go, Taylor, And in two thousand and six, you've been watching anything.
Speaker 2: That I've been doing a bit of a marvel kind of watch through because yeah, what did let me look at my letterbox here do so? I did shun Chi, Quantumnia, Quantumania, Quantumnia.
Speaker 1: What the fuck you watching Quantumenia for?
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's post endgame stuff, right, I just wanted to kind of get their fresher of ant man and when you get to the end, it's nice because obviously they were implying it's.
Speaker 1: Isn't that right?
Speaker 2: Hot brother? The whole ending though, with men having this semi crisis thing going on self narrating thing, it completely can apply to doom as well. Come on, but no, like it's that's why I went to shun Chi afterwards. Interesting, No, what the fuck are you talking about? Man, You're not one of my students, are well, he's going through all of them.
Speaker 1: If you if Taylor pitches, be like, hey, you want to watch him Quantum.
Speaker 2: Shout out Affairs, that's gonna be the MEDGI now in modern day Mummy three, here, Mummy four, I guess, let me jump. I don't think it'll be modern day no.
Speaker 1: Because even the sequels because like they didn't take like the first one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like I just laughed as quame, like it's gonna be like it's gonna be a sponge from the record. It's nothing to do with the MC anymore. So I'm just surprised.
Speaker 2: That's truly. Yeah. Yeah, but on outside of the MC, I watched Bandits with Above Thornton and uh, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: This is a landman.
Speaker 2: Why am I forgetting his name? Oh my god? It should be ashamed to myself. Christ Bruce Willis, Jesus. Yes, you have Kate Blanchette, Uh yeah, Love Thornton and Bruce Willis and basically they're they they're bank robbers, and then you have Kate Blanchett who ends up just kind of falling in love with both of them really, and it was it was like, it's a comedy, uh comedy fucking.
Speaker 1: Movies in the world that I've never heard of still like all of us right, Like it's I've never heard of this movie in my life, and you just you could be described a fake movie to me. I'm sure it's real, but it's just like there's so many movies I just see. I'm like, is the movie huh and these actors were in there? That's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely recommend it. It was. It was definitely, it was funny, it was it was a good time. But uh uh. And the last one other than that was The Burbs Tom Hanks movie. I remember that was a movie I put on TV. I watched it on TV on cable years ago, well over a decade ago, and there's something about it. I just was like, yeah, this is I'm just jiving with this. This is a good time. We got Carrie Fisher in there as well. And what's the guy's name from from Fuck the Vampire Movie. No, he's in a couple of things. Chris No, not Christopher Lee. He's a young he was a kid actor, and he was in a few things. He was in Fright No, not Fright.
Speaker 1: Night, Ben Savage.
Speaker 2: No, The Lost Tribe, that's what he was in. He was in there, The Vampire Movie. You've never seen it? What? No, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I'm not. It's true story.
Speaker 2: The Lost Boys, Sorry, the Lost Boys.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah again, I didn't even know that dating movie is real now, The Lost Time and of course they lost but I think I me and I at least watched that last year and only get held up for me that much.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so he's he's in there. He's one of the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he passed away like when he was younger.
Speaker 2: Right, everything that he's he is in I always just loved watching it. It's just he's just had the energy about him. And so yeah, he's in the burbs and he's he's planning. He's an older teenager role in this too, right, and so uh he's just yeah, that's such a fucking wild movie. It's so it's so awesome.
Speaker 1: This guy I've seen it like a long time ago, but not recently.
Speaker 2: Tom Hanks just has his fucking complete mental breakdown as a character in here. And he's like lying to his wife and you've got the guy who's just he thinks he's still in the army kind of ship, and he's got his guns. And my favorite see in the movie is when yeah, Corey Felman, he like jumps over his balcony and like like he's like hey runs field and guy's on top of his roof with his fucking semi amadic assault rifle and he trips on his roof and he slides and falls off his house and shoots the gun off and it shoots out the window at a car and then Corey Fomen's all his friends are like, oh, that was badass, man, do it again, Like it's just it's so fucking funny. And yeah, they go in and like it's a really really it's like it's it's crazy because it's it's so high octane. But when the house blows up for like the guys that they're they're investing in. I'm not gonna spoil it in case someone wants to watch it and see what happens. But the house blows up in this call the Sack and Tom Hanks lists like Saunders out of the house, out of the fire, and they play this like Western tune like score to it, and it is just the way they film him is so badass. Like he can't even see out of his eyes. He's completely fucking burnt from this explosion, but he comes out like a fucking cowboy and just Saunders down the steps of the house and it's just the music kicks it is it's just a badass scene. Yeah, But the movie just it's it's hard for me to put it on and walk away from it. It's a movie that I can just sit down and be very much engaged with. So it's a good time.
Speaker 1: There you go, anything else?
Speaker 2: I think that's it. That's all I've been watching.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so I tell this Maddie a little bit. I finished, and I saw April reviewed on letter Box. I gotta do it too. But Kate Fear, I'm not sure if you saw that previot hole on Apple TV. It's a remake of a remake, same thing like Robert de Niro did in like the nineties. This is Javier Bardem. There's a good there's a good meme probably coming in the future that Maddy found of Javier Bardam, like standing on a roof looking just just wild. I don't know if I can bring it up right now because we're later. But good show started as a good show I think visually really good. And it's got like Patrick Wilson, Javey Bardam, Amy Adams is the Stack Cast. It's all about like a crime thing where they kind of like this guy is a killer, but these people kind of like maybe frame him to get him into prison. Then of course he gets out. He's there to ruin their lives. And that's Harvey or Bardam, and he's just playing this fucking crazy guy named Max Katie who d Naro did a great job.
Speaker 2: Is that don't look at that, don't look at that, keep going?
Speaker 1: Is that is that saying for Weekly Gig that it's mine and you're gonna upload X men Today's that you're.
Speaker 2: Saying, well, you offered, you offer.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make it because the Weekly Geek I looked at the notes, I'm like, oh, this is a mess. I'll do it. So no, it was good, but it's one of these two like it's just like the last three episodes just start to slowly fall off and you will never watch this, so I'll tell you this. But anyways, at one point, of course, the bad guy from prison, he like makes it look like he was innocent, so he comes out of prison. He's gonna hunt this family, and the whole time he's just like gasline his family, people around him. But then it comes out he is a bad guy, but at one point he had the police on his side, so he was like framing the innocent family doing all this stuff, killing anything. Anyways, of course, the truth gets revealed, he goes back to jail, but he gets out again, so he's at his family and the club's like, well, looks like Max Katie was a bad guy, my bad, like are bad and that was it, and that was the arena search the house, and Maddy brought this up where they searched the house. The house is clear, like have a good night, and literally they've like this guy just escaped from prison and he's treading to kill them. This family and the cops are, oh, have a good night. Nothing's in her house. They walk up and they pan up to Javier Bardem. He's just standing on the roof watching the police leave, and like the police are the word. They sucked the whole show, but the finale it's like they don't even leave one like this guy has spread their life. They don't even one police officer there to like, Okay, just in case he shows up tonight, you'll have some protection. No, it was awful and uh yeah, so it's one of those where like nothing worse than a show like I started good. It was interesting and they're kind of remaking reimagining it for our times, and then the last three episodes is kind of really disappointed. But Tavia was lots of fun. I watch because obviously the girls are home. We do this thing where we all get to pick each week, so it goes Gwen Logan Elliet, then myself. So I picked that with Kate Crusader. I'm gonna tell another time because it'd be too long, but they've been watching that. And then so Gwen for some reason picked Sherlock Gnomes. So some of these are just random picks. Yeah, And I'm like, because we try to pick things that we all might like. Right. So there's a show I don't know if you know what the show is is like Thunderman's do you know what that is?
Speaker 2: Oh? Why is that sound familiar?
Speaker 1: It's like like hand them on Tanna, like that type stuff up for our kids, our generation. So it's like a you know, teen comedy. It's awful. It's awful, Ami and I hate it, but the kids love it, right, and that's fine. We let them watch it because that's that's okay. But we'll say, like, hey, if you're gonna pick something like with im when I'm home doing some work, not Thunderment's, it has to be something I like don't mind to watch. Right.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So she's like, oh, well Sherlock Gnomes. I'm like, I'm like, I don't know. Like she's like why, She's like, well, and she said this because I think I I'll explain this with Sheep Detective coming up. She's in a big detective kick. I have to you'll see it on the calendar tailor. H I don't know why she's got really down trun she made this detective up. I don't know how to tell a story. I guess okay. Also, the watchers we watched Sheep Detective. I thought the movie was a good kids movie. I think everybody that I talked to talked up way too much. I think the reason is because everyone looked at that movie Sheet Detectives and thought was gonna be shit, and then when it was just like a good movie, everyone's like, oh my god, this movie's amazing. So She Deected is definitely not shit. Definitely, like I think even umagine they would like it, like it's a fun little murder mystery movie. But I think people blues up way too much for me. So when I watched like this is just like it's like a well done kids movie, like with a bigger budget. But anyways, after that, the girls really liked it, and Gwen's been a big detective kick, right, So that's why we watched Sherlock Gnomes because of that. She made this whole mystery about herself looking for sheep, and then of course she made this character I sent in a discord called Bob Frizzle where she gave herself a tie and a mustache. But she's like retired Bob Frizzle. She has his mustache and his uh suit, his tie taped on the wall of her bedroom, like what's going on here? Like, oh, there's just no mysteries. I'm like, well, I'm just there's no mysteries out there. So that's why if you see on the calendar there's like two days where I'm off, I'm gonna plan like a mystery for her to solve, Like during the summer, I'm gonna try and do too. I'm gonna try and do a smaller one now, and then the week when I'm off of August, I'm gonna do something like like I'm gonna try and print off a picture of like one the Teddy Bears stolen like a you know, like a not a gun to head. It's something of like you gotta find it. So that was her story, but I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna do like I said, it's either a murder or missing stuff. So that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna try and do too, but of course you're there's no mysteries. I'm like, Okay, I gotta try and I gotta try and figure out something out. But that's why it's so Sureock Gnomes, She's in this detective mood and I'm like, I know, it looks kind of too kitty for me to enjoy. And she's like, well, how do you know you've never watched it? And I go, you know, yeah, And I said, you're right, I've never watched it, So let's put on.
Speaker 2: That doesn't work for us though, when we tell you that, like how do you know you even watched it? You don't fall for it.
Speaker 1: No, the kids say that power. But she's like, Gnomes, it was just I give it a two and a half out of five. It was just fine, you know, she detectives three and a half out of five. We watched Barbie again. I watched Barbie only four months ago, but Ellie's in a big Barbie kick. So we watched the live action one of that. I watched Maternal Instinct. Have you heard of this true crime dog Taylor? It's horrifying, horrifying, I I don't know why. Probably this real life stuff and even the log line that you're gonna read, it's not gonna give you it the full story when you get into it. No happy endings whatsoever. No one comes up better than this. Multiple lives ruined, and I was in a big kick of this. And I think maybe I still am with serial killers. And I don't know why, because it's what instant people. I think there's me to have some interest to learn about them a little bit. But I used to be a big true crime not like everybody else Taylor, but me and Emily, I think we took like a saw like eight months or something not watching any like. We just like didn't have time watching all the other things. So we had like this idea like, oh well, we've been one watch of true crime stuff. So I've been saying some I've watched this tailor and I was like, I don't think I can watch these anymore. I don't know if it's getting older. I don't know if it's just because I got like more kids now, and I don't think that's the case, because I loved all my kids before. But I just felt so shitty because, like I said, it's one that has no happy ending, and I was just like at the end of it was like fuck, like like it's like, well, like made enough. But I'm like, I don't want to watch more of these. I don't want to watch more of these, like just like Downers. But before I thought I was always like, oh, the big reveal, this twist, this crazy thing. But it's just like this is awful. Like so I'm gonna watch one more where Emily in the future to see But then I think I might stick to serial killer things. Does that make sense? No? But I think the reason I like Serial Killer once is because like usually they get caught in the end, you know, and there's like, uh, you know this, and this person did get caught, but it was just fucked up the stuff they did. So I think I might be over true crem dogs tay. I think I had an era of really liking them, but I think I'm I don't want to be Yeah, I think with fictional stuff, but I just don't want to be like real life depressed because there's enough bad stuff. It's like my mom and Emily all the time they oh you read this in the news. I'm like my algorithm I'm completely tuned out the news, like all this awful story having BC and it's all news to me because I don't want to read about it. I know that sounds maybe like the whole like uh, what is it? Ignorance is bliss, But like some of these stories, I just read them like, oh it is awful. I can't even imagine. So I'm completely I shut myself off a full lot now of bad news.
Speaker 2: So if you are unaware to in Canada, we don't get bad story. Yeah, well, we don't get news the same way the rest of the world does anymore because the government has changed it with how news agencies and social media kind of work in tandem to with each other. So now before I think it was just right before COVID, you know you get news all over social media, your Instagram, your Facebook, yeah, you know X everything and had like the news. Well X still has news was published, but you know, more like local independent people and not actually like your news channels and whatnot. So news for me, I would always see it on Facebook. I'd follow news apps and get all that information concrete. But now it's just it's it's not there. If you want news, you have to actively go to people posting these things and dependent reporters that they go to the news reporting websites themselves like Global or CBC and CTV and all that kind of stuff. And I mean, then you can get all the access there, but it's it is so overwhelming when you go on Google and type in like world events right now, it's like, oh fuck, Like it's it's a lot more. It hits you harder than seeing it and passing on your news speeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I definitely wish we had that. I think they just fall like places on Facebook and stuff, that's where they get their news from. But for me, I just like, I definitely not following any of that type of stuff. So yeah, I might be all of true crime dogs. And then my last notes here is, uh, Batman and Robin watched Batman and Robin with uh, what is it? The well the girls because still we got the lego Batman Height they've been playing every once in a while so and they liked it enough that was fun. And then we're an hour into Batman begins. I can tell that I think when Light because last time we watched these they were all kind of out. I think When's into older stuff. Now, so I think she's enjoying it. It's definitely a lot of talking, and I can tell she's like, focus on it. It's not like a kid like, oh, we can just enjoy it. Way the younger girls, I don't think they're really into it that much right now. So we'll see. But I give them the option, like if we pick a movie they don't like, they don't have to sit there and watch it. They can go and do their other stuff and like play Lego or color. But I'm just like, hey, it's my turn, we're gonna pick it. So yeah, we'll see, and we're diving into the Jamanji movies. We watched Jamont. This is my last note. Actually I forgot was we watched the bron Williams one. They really liked that, and then yeah, they wanted to watch the sequel, so we watched the Rock one and they really like that. So the right one it ended, They're like, oh, is there a third one? Because they were we thought we should watch the first one because during Superating and New Day or Brand New Day, they had the trailer for the new one, so I was like, yeah, they like they would really I think like that og and they did it. It's right up their alley. So probably the more we be watching Jamon gi uh, I think it's the new level or next level, whatever the third one is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well the next the third one, Yeah, that's the next level, and the next one is like out of the world or out of the open world, like the open world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, first Chemandi's great. I'm logging my letter box. But man, the first ten minutes when Ron Williams comes back that board game, I don't care if it's like a kid's fam movie. Some of the best acting you're gonna see. When he's like all joy so went up, but he slowly starts to find out like his life and his parents are gone and everyone thought he was murdered. Like man, Like, I feel like we do talk about this, but I feel like people don't talk about just like Ron Williams is easily one of the greatest actors of all time, not just the comedic stuff, just like him, and I feel like, because he's Genie, he's so loud and doing stuff we almost like kind of forget that. But just as an actor, I'm watching him just killed and those kids and being like, man, it's so good. Yeah, first Jewandi is still loving I still like that first Rock. When I think it's it's fun enough, I'm surprised I forgot there's like a boner joke in there because at one point Jack Black like hugs Nick Jonas and they're like, oh, be careful because remember it's a girl in there. It's just like turn on by Nick Jonas and like they're all be careful, and then Won and he's looking in like Jack but it's like these things are really weird, but they don't pan down. But I'm like, no, no, the girls isn't asking questions. I'm all right, hopefully just went right over their head. But uh, that one was like fine enough. I think I remember that next one with the rock when not being like the funnest so but it's fine. It's like junk food candy. So there you go. So that's all I got. Cool, all right, there you go. That's the end of Weekly Geek. I think next week, if there's news, should be back with probably a Taylor in Kirkland Weekly Geek because Krookland's been missing some casts. So but we'll see there's gonna be lots of GVDA stuff that at least The only thing I know for sure is House the Dragon. Obviously GV Day is Saturday, but House the Dragon fire emblem and end up or X Men ninety seven the finale, so so then it will not be boring