Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just cause my dog. Something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was?
Speaker 2: Or was it was?
Speaker 1: Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better hello, hit thebody out here, quin, I'm out there.
Speaker 3: I thought of a.
Speaker 1: Bench about tech forty nine. I don't know. Easy ann out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm welcome right, hey, hey, welcome back to the show. I'm a little under the weather and jet lagged from my trip across the pond to England for the red carpet premiere of the documentary I was in that came out earlier this year called My Bigfoot Life.
Speaker 2: But boy, did I have a great.
Speaker 4: Time meeting all of you that came out to support the cast and crew as we celebrated this huge milestone. It was great catching up with old friends like Ryan Rpg, Gullumbeski, Ronnie LeBlanc, daniel Lee Barnett and his amazing family, and meeting so many new friends. I know you've heard me talk about my encounters while we were filming out in Washington State, But if you want to see it unfold in real time, click the link right here in the show notes, or head over to Amazon Prime Video now and search for My Bigfoot Life. It's also available for pre order on Apple TV. Okay, shameless plugover, Let's get to the real reason you all are here. Jerry and the crew from Sasquatch Recon are back, and this time around, Jerry's diving deeper into his experiences in and around the South Mountains area here in North Carolina. And I got to tell you, I've been looking forward to sharing this one with y'all. I actually got to spend some time out in the woods with these guys toward the end of last year, got to see Jerry's property firsthand, walked through a lot of the areas he's going to be talking about tonight, and I'll just say this, when you're standing out there in those woods hearing somebody describe what they've witnessed in the very spot you're standing, it hits different.
Speaker 2: It really does. Now.
Speaker 4: Beyond the encounters and the location stuff, the guys also get into a really interesting discussion about dog Man and whether or not sasquatch migrate. And look, it's clearly all speculation. Nobody's got the definitive answer on that. But honestly, that's one of the many reasons this subject fascinates me so much. We're still piecing it together, we're still asking the questions, and I think that's what keeps a lot of us coming back to this. But here's the thing that really caught my attention. Toward the end of their discussion, they talk about something that I have personally experienced and it might point to at least some type of migration or seasonal movement at the very least, and that's the vocalizations and activity spiking in the winter months. Almost all of the vocalizations and footprint evidence that we've experienced on our property has been late October through February. That's the window. And when Jerry and the guy started talking about that same kind of pattern. I'm sitting there nodding my head, going, yeah, we see the exact same thing. So I'd love to hear your thoughts on that, or really on any of the other things the guys are kicking around as they talk about it. Do you see the same thing in your research area, Do you have a theory on migration, or maybe you've just had an experience and you want to share it on the show. Shoot me in an email brianat Paranormalworldproductions dot com. I read every single one of them, and I love hearing from you guys. If you want to hear more from Jerry and the guys over at Sasquatch Recon click the link right here in the show notes and head over to their YouTube channel. And one last thing before we get into the episode. This audio was recorded in a public place, not my studio, so there is some background noise here and there. I've cleaned it up as best I could, and honestly, I think you'll hardly notice it. All Right, that's enough out of me. I need to go take a nap. Let's get into it.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll start with the progression of how I've got from where I was to where I'm at now. When I was seven, give or take, my granddaddy took me to see Legend and Boggie Creek nineteen seventies, and then when I was ten, nineteen seventy seven, at the Scholastic book fair at Mestner City Central Elementary School, I bought a Bigfoot, thee Bigfoot by b and Slaton Alanberry Thus was born a lifelong interest, but at the time, up until ten years ago or so, it was purely for entertainment. And we moved to the South Mountains area. Being a person that likes the woods, I immediately started taking advantage of my new surroundings, spending days and days in woods. Began to notice tree breaks. I knew enough about it to know what I was seeing. You know, you find one or two, that's one thing. But you know, by the time I hit a dozen in many different places there, I reached out the loud Blackburn on email, said tell me about this. He said, yeah, you're seeing tree breaks and most of them probably point toward water. And he was right. So the next thing that was the progression a big step was I heard my first wood knock. That was in summer twenty fifteen. I was still working then, so I had to get up early in the morning. At five thirty am. I had the windows and I would knock from one of the nearby hollers rang out. I wasn't sure what I was hearing, but I knew it was something hitting a tree, and it started to gain momentum. After that, we started hearing vocalizations, the whoops, these weird growls. We would hear these howls that started off real low and very creepy. So my interest was peaking. I said, there's something going on around the South Mountains. August to twenty seventeen, my wife and I was driving and we turned right onto a dead end road. There was cornfield on the left, and of course it was August, so the corn was up all the way and there standing beside the road, five feet outside the corn was a booger. And what struck me the most was how broad shouldered that thing was and just how big and bulky it was, standing of course taller than the corn. And it took me a minute to process it, and I got the car stopped. In my mind, I'm going to back the car up and then point the headlights and Nancy said, hurry, it's moving. She said, it's going into the corn. And I got the car backed up, got the headlights on it. But he had just went into the corn. But you could see it above the corn moving and you can see the corn moving along with it. Now, I didn't go through that corn like a bear wood, you know, like a bull in the china shop and just mow over the corn and leave a swath. It was moving between the stalks, and I would have to say fast but gracefully. The bug bit me right then, and I had to know things.
Speaker 5: Gets in your skin. Gotta know more.
Speaker 2: It's one thing to read about it. It's one thing to hear. The wooden arts vocalizations are find the evidence. And I hadn't found a footprint up at that point, but to see one and it was twenty feet from us, I was hooked. It still entertains me to do this, to read and still how far from your house back a couple of miles, not even two miles. So we're there in the middle, we're there in a squatchy place. And then December of twenty nineteen, it was one of my family members and he still has a career. So I won't identify specifically which family member, but he and my daughter come to stay some days during Christmas vacation, and we've seen one down the woods next to my pasture bleeding more. That one wasn't fascinating as the first one, but it was being that close, even closer than my house. I want, what are they doing? What are they? All these questions, you know, all the questions you have. And when I started spending more time in the woods, started spending a lot more time at night outside, go out, check on my pasture, animals, maybe get a chair to just sit and listen, take my dogs walking around. And over the years I've gotten to hear a lot of things. Our feed barrels being broke into. They have the locking bands on something with intelligence and a thumb has to open doors. It's like pranks that's been played on us by the boggers. Take stuff out of the barn, just put it out in the pasture. Drag our water barrels halfway down the hill. We had our stuff in our backyard. We had a picnic table and some other things. One morning on went down there and it was strolling all over the backyard and I was told, and I believe this. It was a juvenile or two entertaining themselves, just like a human teenager dude beating on our house. I took a trip out west. Second night I was back home. I guess one of them wanted to meeting. He's still there. It beat on the front of the house about twelve o'clock that Now, it's been a common thing with the beating on the house at odd hours. That's happened a lot. It's happened a whole lot. Y'all live in a place where people generally don't like men out at night anyway, But you don't go creeping around somebody's house, because if you're found doing that at night, you'll be found laying there the next I've not got a lot of people to open up to me that's in my inner circle as far as where I live, except for one couple. When I started talking to other folks concerted efforts to try to get information, especially from these old times, I had a few open up, and I made it known that just a small number of people I was interested in it. Went to work at the store in case that mental store, Mountain New Grocery, and I hadn't only been hired a couple of weeks and the owner called me. She said, Fox is coming to do a documentary. I told them about you. You'd be willing an interview. I said, yeah, let me think about it. Called the dude I guess he was in LA. Said yah, I'll do it, and she silhouetted me, and this guy's my voice. He said, no problem, So they came. They did it. It aired in January twenty one, if I remember not. They silhouetted me, but they did not disguise my voice. So I thought, I'm in for it. Ridiculed and that's why most people stay quiet about it. But really I had nobody that was ugly about it. One guy kind of gave me a hard time, but he gave me a hard time about everything. He was just that kind of dude. But all of a sudden, people started coming to tell me their stories. After a couple of years, you know, interview thirty people, which is my favorite thing. That's the thing I'm in love with hearing people's encounters. That's how I got into doing my little show. And the more story that we hear from other people that we feel like are credible, the more. It validates. I don't need anybody's approval, but I like hearing these stories because you know there's other people out there that originally felt the same way as I did. And you didn't want to tell nobody about it too for from people, But when you get to start talking about it, it does something for you, you know. Oh yeah, twenty nineteen. You and I had met in twenty twenty, so it would have been after that that men and Dwight hooked up for the first time. I don't remember exactly when, but you and I became friends on Facebook, and then I guess me and Dwight became friends by proxy because I wound up. I don't know why. I just picked the phone up one night and I sent the light a message said, man, we've got some really weird stuff goes on that and I won't talk to something about it, and y'all I would trust y'all, And and Dwight called me. We talked about an hour or so on the phone, and then he came up, spent some time one night, and then next time you came and meeting you guys. Getting in Dirty South Squatching now sasquat free com was the best thing that could have happened to you in this, you know, because I needed somebody teach me stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh, you're in a great spy you know what I mean. I mean you lived there.
Speaker 3: When we do stuff we have to travel hour to have right there and then love it.
Speaker 5: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: And you know there's been people, even people that's close to me then said why do you get to have all his experiences? And I have to remind him. I'm outside every night even if it's raining, or I've got dogs to take out. I've got animals to check on before it every night of the year unless I'm on you know, a rare occasion of me being gone on the trip. I've had a couple of close people. I mean I'll basically cut ties with them because they said they didn't believe me. Let me energect this right.
Speaker 3: I would tell people that as I got into this step son, I would tell.
Speaker 5: Him about stopping showing a picture.
Speaker 3: One day, I said, hey, we've got some new stuff, and he had this really weird we'll come today and I said, I said, do you think I'm pull up it or you don't believe me? No, he said, I do believe and it scares the crap out of it. So if you don't mind, don't shove me that.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. So I think some of those.
Speaker 3: People that are uku and whatever I think deep down inside, they don't want to think that these things ra actually out there, and they are out there.
Speaker 2: No doubt. I'm not a believer. I'm a knower. You know. One guy in particular watches all the televised beat Foot shows and eats it up and asks for seconds, not casting dispersions on any one show, but you know, there's some stuff out there that descripted both.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I've reached out to him and I said, I know you're interested in this, and he said he didn't believe me, really, and he sets on the safety of his couch, watched this stuff on this TV and invited him to come, so we get down the creek. Bimal camp never took me up. So over time, I've given up some of those hard feelings I had, And what you just said makes a lot of sense, and I could very well be the case.
Speaker 3: They don't want to admit it. He admitted that, but you know, I never even thought of it. Not everybody, but I think a lot that's scarcely crownphat it that these things ragually out there.
Speaker 2: They have scared me on more than one a cape.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more sasquatch see right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: Absolutely encounters, you know, way down near the creek bottom checking old animals, or I had an animal missing. This has happened several times and I have to go looking for One night I was spotlighting looking for it was a blomber that had been sick, and they'll go off by themselves here. And I had a pair of red eyes in the woods. And then one night I was looking for one of my animals. I was way down there, all the way next to the fence, and I heard whistle that scared me. And twice I've been hollered at at a cat that I thought was my cat. One night was going downhill, so no, no, you can't go down. I was going after everything in these woods will eat you. I got all the way to the bottom and I got close enough I figured out the cat was mone I looked down and my cats had followed me. Oh man, man, it was about to laugh about me. And suddenly, maybe third yards probably a little less inside the woodline, I picked two of the cats up because I could only carry two and I had my spotlight. Dang, and I went back up that hill like I was twenty years older here and then is this speak that scared me? And then I wasn't even that far down. On the second time, I got yelled at over to on the eastern side from it had to be. It wasn't in the woods, it was out in this field that's next to me. Couldn't pinpoint where, but I got yelled. It was close enough that I felt it for that base sea vibrate. Its almost like you're standing next to a base speaker. And here's what I was told that they were probably at that late hour down there hunting deer. They didn't want her down there. I can buy that. I believe that I can absolutely. The closest I've ever came to getting hurt is the rock growing incidence. And my wife back in first week into August twenty twenty four, little creek, walking way downward creek, middle of nowhere, after we had heard two wooden knocks broad daylight, a rock come in from our left, which would have been the west, and missed her head by no more than six inches, sail right overhead landed in the creek. The old piece of courts about that big There's been four rock throwing incidents right there in our general area. The first one two hunters, father and son team. They was in separate tree stems, and the sun heard what he described to be eight like noise. He heard walking. This was zero dark hunter like five o'clock in the morning. It's still dark. Then he hears walking in the leaf lit there and it went silent, and he heard, and he said he just instinctively knew it was the sound of something that had been thrown coming through the trees and a rock that was a little smaller in the volleyball, cause it was still there. When I went to the investmentry that had hit that big sweet gum, he was in it and knocked the mark of the sweet gam This was in twenty eighteen. He said, the only thing I could do was stay in that tree. After that, he curped, held his hunting and say that I blame the second rock thrown incident, my cousin and some of my family came up and camped out there a night hike. As we finished the night hike was heading down the western end of that ridge. That's on the property and a rock came in from my right, which would have been from the north. I was in the very back of the line. French child was in front of him and it barely missed his head. There was a rock thrown instant where my friend's ran new jeep broad Daylight down near the Broad River. Bam rock hit the top of it with sufficient force the scar of the roof. Then there was the rock thrown incident in the line. But out of everybody I've talked to that area, I have no stories where a person was hurt. None dogs. We have a lot of dogs that are missing. A dog that hung around our place was attacked by something and he wound up dying of internal injuries, but he had been slammed against a tree. Another dog, the big old dog, about one hundred pounds, dog, was found. He went missing. Neighbor wasn't looking found him in the creek bottom alive in the creek with his back brook. Prior to us living in the area, there had been an incident where somebody's dog then just absolutely beat the death. Many other stories in and around cases of dogs being killed, cats, goats, and pigs. That seems to be the list either they go just missing pig disappears out of a peak, never find it. The pig didn't dig out, something lifted it out of there. What can lift the pig?
Speaker 3: And if there was some other natural predator there wouldn't have been in a hack right there.
Speaker 2: Right on the spot. You know, there was the famous time period in that area from seventy eight and seventy nine where it was a frenzy of sightings and one of the things was mister Forrest Price found one of his goats with its neck bird. That makes sense to me because of the deer kills that we found relatively small area. You know, you find over a period of a year, you find a dozen twelve thirteen fourteen deer kills, various stages of decay, from bleached bones all the way afresh ribs, broken legs, broken legs yanked off. There was the one where the deer's front legs were yanked off together and we're still attacked laying there on the ground, but several had their necks broken. If that makes sense. I think they use certain areas. You've got the watchers and the chasers. Watchers will hide in all holler. The chasers will funnel them. They don't have weapons, so they just have to grab them, attack them, man handle them. In the quickest way in state them is break a leg, break the neck, and more than ample evidence of that happened. Nothing else in those woods can grab a deer and crush its ribs and break its leg or break its neck. You find one deer with a broken neck, there might be an explanation, but multiple that is even further convinced me. And I don't think they're at least in our area in the South Mountains, I don't think they're dangerous to first couple of years in that area, I would pack my bag, put a hammock in my back, might go on a seven eight hour hike, stop somewhere, string them up, taken out. I would camp out by myself. If they wanted to hurt me, they had plenty of chances. But I got spoofed. Back about twenty eighteen, I hit a period of being spoofed. Tho it ain't the best idea in the world for me to be out there at night by myself, and I still have that feeling, but it's not so much spruit as much as it is the unknown, because we don't know. We don't know what else is out there. I don't know that the squatches that are killing these dogs like this. It's the fact that I don't know. I don't want to line up on the missing four one one. During the day, I'll hike by myself. There certain areas I won't go into my myself. The area with all the deer kills, there's two areas. I won't go there by myself day or night. Things just a matter of common See No Dwight helped me out greatly on something. I was doing my research on that time period in nineteen seventy eight nineteen seventy nine, and he found a documentary that a man came did in early nineteen eighty. His name was John N. Alexander. Dwight sent it to I needed to interview a couple of people, but I couldn't because they were dead. Within this documentary, I learned so much. Witnesses led my research to something other than bigfoot. I'm convinced they had three things going on there in that time period. They had a rogue squatch that was out didn't mind showing itself at the time. There was a big male panther, but I believe there was something else because in that documentary they talked about finding huge canine like tracks and they had a cast on one of them. They showed it on a documentary that dead and it puzzled some of the old timers that mint in these was the whole life. So I'm like huge, I'm at the point where I don't know if I'm completely comfortable saying that I believe in dogmen, but I don't believe in dogmen.
Speaker 5: I've talked to people who I think are proud to do it.
Speaker 2: They've seen them same here. I'm about out of my shell on dogmen. Maybe this will completely get me out of it. I've talked to enough credible people too. You guys things y'all experience in the other people that I met, the dudes in NCI and some with the other mountain people. There's something out there besides the Bigfoot. There was one incident, and at the time I wasn't educated enough to think it was something other than a squad. Was twenty nineteen. I was out late one night down the hill in my creek body. In fact, it was the spot where y'all came and set up that one night in that general area. I hear this howl, unlike anything I had heard up at that point. I know my animals in western North Carolina. I know what hows codes. It definitely wasn't a wolf house. I've heard plenty of wolf house. It was not any known animal. And it started out this low howl and it crescendoed, and there was so much power behind that, and it was so close I was, actually, I mean I was a comfortable distance away, probably three hundred yards. That scared me. Matter of fact, it inspired me to write that scary poem that I did called The Haunted. Well. That impacted me greatly. It almost made me emotional. There was something about that incident. There's been other times I've been in the woods and you guys know what I'm talking about. Who just suddenly you feel scared. Yeah, you got this weird feeling, or something happens, you feel emotional, You just all of a sudden feel emotional. That night, I went inside and I was telling Nancy what I just heard, just about crying. I didn't know what was wrong then. Am I having some kind of breakdown? But I've heard that twice now, most recently back in April, my son and his crew came and got an airbnb over in the country. My daughter and her friend and I were outlaid just listening and we heard it and it was coming. That place is right at the foot of the South Mountains, and we heard that howl. Immediately after we heard that hol behind us somewhere something answered. So I've heard it a total of two times, but that night we heard it twice back moon in the mountains and then behind us, which will be in south of us.
Speaker 3: And you wonder if that's not something downside for ancestral DNA or something.
Speaker 2: In the triggering the flight or fight well flight, because I ain't fiction to try to fight nothing. This is eight nine freet tall. Mama raised ugly kids, but not dumb ones. I don't know if you'll remember this or not. The first night that you came out, you and DW. White came and I was telling you that I'd had those experiences where I had that uneasy feeling and I was scared, and you told me then to wipe back you up. Said, if you're buy yourself and you have that feeling, get out leave. And that's the rule I've gone by because what's going on deep in the middle of our brain with here's your sign, like they say, read the roue. You know, there's a lot of crazy things just happened in that one spot. The family my friends went in camp there the night. They heard the gibberish language and they stayed. The gibberish quit, but then they were surrounded on three sides in the middle of the night. They packed up everything, the kids. They could have camped for a week, that's how much stuff they had. And I went down there and check on that. When they were gone, check you said, call me. They told me the story, and so said I couldn't stay.
Speaker 5: And I think, kids, well your thought is I can't expose my kids to this, but I think the rogers liked to see you.
Speaker 2: I can't. I think that's what drew them in that day because they got there early, went down there. There's playing and you could hear the sound of children. It was two younger children in the green and they were laughing and play in like kids. And I believe that broad rent too, and they were curious. As you know that spot. I personally camp there with greed and one occasion we were surrounded like that, and I don't know what their intentions are or were probably just curious, just like we. We were keeping an eye on us because we're in their home. But I remember laying there that night and thinking, there are really unknown creatures living in these woods, and they're twenty thirty yards from me, and there's more than one over don't matter how many people's down here sleeping in these tents. If they wanted to get us, we'd be got. They are masters of their environment. They have this tremendous physical size and speed. There are nothing to stop. There's more than one, and they're usually is if you have means of self defense, and you should want it. Ain't gonna stop the other ones. But I don't think they won't hurt us.
Speaker 6: I've always stopped that you might see one, but I think there's a least of what we'd see, especially an you worry.
Speaker 5: And maybe I'm crazy, but this is from a own observations.
Speaker 3: They're traveled, their groups are pretty and I've heard other people say.
Speaker 2: That I think they're probably as smart as we are. It's not smarter, and even possess an extra sense that we don't have a sixth sense. If we're gonna call it there, highly intelligent They've got their reasons making you know, these tree structures, these xes in the woods, and the different things that we find. They've got reasons for all of it. And I want to know. I want to know.
Speaker 5: Why that's the whole crowding thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, is that somebody got some splaining to do. I've seen the whole gambit there. I've seen stuff that we're just fairly benign all the way up, things that horrified on a regular basis. Footprints, way any footprints. I'm beyond convinced, way beyond convinced. There's no question in my hand. Now, I just want answers.
Speaker 5: You have several different and looks to try one.
Speaker 2: Animals.
Speaker 7: Do you think of the ones you got are most sensitive to sus what being around? Is there anyone that's more sensitive one of the what's your observation as far as how they react?
Speaker 2: Dogs? My dogs highly sensitive. They either go there, it's from one extreme to the other. Either they got their hair up and they're growling and snarling, or they've tucked tail and wanting back in the house. Usually they tucktail when we smell the smell the outpacas. They're natural guard animals, you know, we've got the outpackas and we've got two goats. Often I'll find, you know, go out to check on them and find that the outpackas have took up set up basically a defensive parameter of the goats next to the fence behind them, and they're all alert. Their ears are up and they make this noise and the alert and the alarm the cat. When I had cats outside, the slightest vocalization ever running hide, I brought my as. They stay in now because two of them disappears. You know, we've had dogs heard and chilled. The dogs are the ones that alert me. Pay attention to your dogs.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 7: The ducks and the turkeys, do they have any particular reaction or they just carry on businesses.
Speaker 2: Now, if something's going on and there's any kind of hubbub going on at nine, those two male turkeys will crank up and start with their stuff. And sometimes a restaurant. My reoster died. I don't have a resting one, but the roosters. If it's because things are going on out of the ordinary that we was having noises and I was out there messing around doing whatever at such a late hour.
Speaker 7: I noticed when we were on the rich walk and I could hear you turkeys some time to time. You think that that may ever call them in when they.
Speaker 5: Are out for woods of them out via.
Speaker 7: And they hear turkey gobble, You think that ever would bring in closer?
Speaker 2: Do you have falk of Well? I harkened back to the conversation you and I have, and my question was, this is in the first couple of years was basically I found three breaks, and then twenty fifteen is when I started hearing three knocks vocalizations. And that was about the time that we moved Lockstock and maryl and brought animals with us. And you said, these new animals in the area has drawn their interest. They're curious about, especially our packs. In novels, you.
Speaker 6: Also rotate a lot of animals that you get in that you and your wife require taking care of other animals. So every time y'all get a new animal, have you ever given any though to a new voice in the pasture from an animal and then suddenly spot to your moreizations or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Now, nothing seems to make it ab or.
Speaker 6: Flow so you would be comfortable saying that regardless of the rotation of style, there's just constant animal presence, so.
Speaker 2: Always, just always, there's just time regards constantly. From twenty fifteen until now, we've had.
Speaker 5: It ten year stint, so that's a long tracker.
Speaker 2: And it started, it peaked twenty seventeen, and since then it's stayed roughly at the same level. Right, Honestly, the one thing that I'm super afraid of is it stopping. Is them stopping?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Leave the area that would devastated. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty seventeen was a heavy area. Me and Bob that here.
Speaker 7: Twenty seventeen there was a lot of activity in the South Well Are for whatever reason. When I had twenty seventeen, that's when your neighbors, some of your neighbors had some issues.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep. The night that the people on I I never talked to them neighbors about that. There was the incident across the holler from me where the people come out late at night because our other neighbor alerted us that they were hearing the woop whoops that's what she calls them, and I went outside to say it, I heard it direction and I kind of, you know, just honed in on that direction and I hear a big diesel fire upon And it was when it was December, so that you know, the foliage was the lit leaves were gone, and I can see the headlights from the distance. But instead of backing up to leave, they pulled toward the woods and I hear shotgunsay them and they peeled out of there, and I didn't see them again for a year. Something happened one of my neighbors was cutting their grass for they were gone, and I don't know them and never had a chance to even try to reach the subject with them, you know, for them to get to know me. I would love to know the answer to what happened that night.
Speaker 5: I think you'll find that one day totally interesting.
Speaker 2: I do have a question close to your area.
Speaker 5: There's the mystery preacher called Nobby.
Speaker 6: Okay, have you ever thought about any association but creatures that are closer to your barbers versus Knobby or you think they're related a Saint clan or Baby.
Speaker 2: Paul together. Well, I think the word Nobby. You know, most people don't know. They think, well, there's one of these creatures, but Nobby has become the generic term for big flood. Right, it got tagged to the name Nobby. You know it's seventy nine. A reporter, I want to say, Charlotte Observer, who did a lot of work covering this stuff, gave it the nickname Nobby after Carpenter's knob, and it's stuck. There was previous names for it. The old timers called fossey mote. I still have no idea where that term came from, but the old timers used this, and of course boogers and wampless anything unknown in the woods as a wamples, a wampus cabin, any thing where it could be a nine ft bigfoot or a black panther, but if it's unknown, it's a lumpus or a booger. But the name not be stuck there in the late seventies. I think that there are some of them that migrate when it's hot for whatever reason. I believe some of them follow Ward Street goes back on up into the South Mountains, which, as the crow flies, the border of the South Mountains and five and a half miles from me gets hot. Some of them go up in elevation, and some of them don't. Some stay because although it dies now during the summer as far as the frequency of stuff happening, and some of them leap and then when it gets cold, cold weather, that's when it peaks.
Speaker 6: So in your area, you would say in winter time nuts are aghost act. Yeah, okay, we've seen that change at different spots that we researched. That some of the more prevalent in the spring and fall, some are even.
Speaker 5: In summer time.
Speaker 6: So it's good to know that your area, you think it is winter months that definitely bring them out, bake them become more.
Speaker 2: I had an old timer tell me it was a matter of fact. The first old timer that really opened up to me. He said that Wards Creek, So if you want to see one, you're gonna want to go down along Wards Creek between here and Wards Gap. Oh, they go back and forth. And this fellow lived not too far from Wards Creek on north of kaser I think that when it's hot, I think the older ones go back to the higher elevation because as we get older, we don't handle heat as well. I think the younger ones stay night. Why they stay back and stay there. It's a rich honey ground for deer, coon possum. You know, we have a large amount of deer in that area.
Speaker 6: It sounds like the four of us have a destiny with words Creek yep in our immediate future.
Speaker 2: The first foot prints ever found was on Wards Creek. The most footprints that I found on the Wold Street. Yeah. At the time I believed the old timer when he told me that, I didn't doubt him a bit. But hearing somebody say and then finding evidence that it's true, Yeah, many a slip TwixT a cup and a lip. I did a podcast with pair of Reality Radio last Sunday, and the conversation flowed in such a manner that it brought me to a conclusion. And it was kind of one of these things that like the Bolt out of the Blue an epiphantal. He said, watch the best evidence that you've personally. I thought about it in a minute, and I said, it's the totality of the body of everything. In this business. You find puzzle pieces. Next thing you know, you have one puzzle piece, but then you've got a table full of puzzle pieces, and they all supplement one another and corroborate one another. Eyewitness testimonies, footprints, videos, personal experiences, you know it's the whole body. This last video that I got is compelling. I still remaining skeptical on old y'allish study. The only reason I hadn't sent it is because I've been in a whirlwind. But you guys take a look at it, and it's probably the best evidence. And I've gotten so far. I think it's the old Saskatch. But that night I want to check on my animals. I'll have to look on the video to see what the date was. But they were all gathered against the eastern side of the fence. If you're standing up and barn on the left, to your left is the east all the way up against the fence. The two goats were touching the fence and at the time I had four our packs. One a cents died and they were in that guard formation ears up and I smelled a little bit of the smell. But something that was one of them times when something was making the hair on my next sting, that one always happening, and I thought, well, the only thing I can do is I got my spot got my spotlight and my phone started spotlight and over to the right over there in that riding ring, that's just to the west of my fence, within my neighbor's passion. I caught movement for a week second and I turned my phone on and I actually used it like you would use a set of binocilars. Actually it was my spotlight was in my left hand, my phone was in the right hand, and I was getting excited. I caught movement again. I cutn't zero in on it, and I cut the video off, and I was going to start just pressing down the shutter button and start snapping pictures. And I shut the video off, and I pulled up the video and was just going to look for a minute, and I thought I wanted to delete it. That's a bunch of memory I did. And the pictures that I took nothing, I didn't get anything. But when I went back the last fifteen seconds or so down south of that riding ring on the lower ground, you'll see it. It was something extremely tall those fence post with that riding ring of six and a half foot maybe clearly taller than those fence posts. And it was on a lower elevation, probably a two foot differential. But it's still yet showing. And you know, some play comes in on the angle and everything. I was up on higher ground, but still it was clearly taller than those fence post white. I wasn't using my phone, it was just my phone camera and no night vision. Note but it's either white or gray, and you all look at it and you tell me what you think I was looking. I was actually focusing on the inside of the writing ring. You know, there's we're not supposed to have, but you know, we got that deer. There was something going in there. You a deer, one with three legs, and that's where I was focusing with the spotlight. And I had one of those experiences where it was I was just almost freaking. It was in a normally freak out or panic or anything, but I was just I don't know, it was strange. And then when I looked at the video and very I even said, I thought I seen something that whatever it is, I can't and it was there. It was there its own video. So you guys break that down.
Speaker 1: J Man.
Speaker 5: We appreciate you sitting down and sharing with those.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. Thank y'all arelike family. I appreciate y'all more than you know.