Speaker 1: As we continue on bred Rogan Jason Smith on a five to seventy la sports, a day to lament, a date to bitch, a day to get it off your chest, but perhaps a day for optimism, for positivity, perhaps a day to say that was yesterday and it means absolutely nothing, despite the fact it felt like you were just kicked directly between the legs. That's like the fourth time you've made that reference. Well, because that's how much pain I'm in.
Speaker 2: Did that actually happen to you in the last twenty four hours? Did that happen?
Speaker 1: I actually thought about punching myself there. Okay, that's how much pain I was in.
Speaker 2: I don't know if like, coming to work today someone said it's your fault, Rogan, and wham, and then you had to like kind of limp into the studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time that happened, by the way, Oh okay, all right, all right? Shouldave Roberts abundant? What would you have done? How do you feel? This is your moment to vent eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy calling from the Naval base. Garrett is on the line, and Garrett, thanks for holding good afternoon.
Speaker 3: Hey Fred, Hey Jason. Yeah. I mean, look, I'm gonna preface this with I'm a Raider fan, so I know what it's like to like a bad team and have no hope. So I'm not sitting here and saying every year we win the division and if not anything like. I love the fact that I can watch a game every night and it's competitive at worst. But the fans got to kind of think about it the way I do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: This team every season has a draw to bring you to every single game in the stadium, But I do not think that it's built to win and sustainably in the postseason because the teams that we're going to face that are the biggest challenge, the Phillies and the Padres this season have looked like a different We are like the lightweight boxer in there with Tyson and his prime and we sit on the stool in the third and we just go, you know what, I got paid and they're happy with it, And I think we need to reset our expectations going forward with that in mind.
Speaker 1: Quite a minute, Garrett, quite a minute, you're saying that because one of the most unexpected things that could ever occur a triple play to end the game occurs. You're saying that the Dodgers are done and we're never good from the beginning.
Speaker 3: You know, you could extrapolate what I said to say that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually, but what I'm trying to say is the teams that we're going to face that everyone is routinely saying will beat us in a series we're not competitive with. Like look up the Phillies series when they came here and it was embedded.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's it. He was done. He extrapolated, he extrapolated, he extrapolated, and then he was done. He was done talking to you, Fred. That was his extrapolation. He was done, he extrapolated, he was done. Now he made You know, I get the point, because you get you get to the Hey, I've seen this movie before. I've seen this horror movie before, and the Dodgers don't get out alive, right, I've seen this. I've seen what happens. They run into the room at the chainsaws in it, and I see how this ends. I get that. But what makes this year a little bit different than the rest is that this year jobs are at stake, jobs are on the line. This year for the Dodgers, This is not a we've built a team and we're gonna go to Like Dave Roberts, a lot of jobs are on the line. They didn't spend three hundred million dollars in Yamamoto, five hundred million on Otani, even though it's deferred one hundred and fifty million on Tyler Glassno, they didn't spend this money to lose in the first round of the wildcard round of the Mets. Okay, so they didn't. They didn't do this. So what makes this year different is ay, whether it's whether it's Roberts front office jobs are on the line, and if they can't get it, if they can't get a good run this year in the playoffs, like that's gonna be it. Like it's gonna be a you're gonna look at this team and go, wow, there's some changes next year to where are right now. We are some big changes where we are right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what changes can they really make?
Speaker 2: What changes? Well, you'd see you'll see a new manager. I think I don't think so Dave Roberts. I think Dave Roberts job would be on the line.
Speaker 1: Yes, given the pitching situation, I don't think that's the case, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think it matters when when you put so much into this and if it fails, like really, if you put so much into this season and it fails, like, where else are you gonna go?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying this is all Dave Roberts fault, but just just you take a step back. When do teams replace the manager when they're looking for a spark and they're looking for something right, Usually teams teams fire a manager. Hey, we got the White Sox coming up. Let's fire the manager now because we're gonna win those three games and we're gonna get everybody's attention. Sometimes you just need to change the energy and you need to change the feel of a team, and and that's the That's always been the way to do it. I'm not saying it's always right, but what else are you going to do. You're spending a lot of money on these guys, and and how else do you get everybody's attention? That, Hey, this regular season's success and then falling short in the playoffs, it's not gonna cut it anymore.
Speaker 1: See, I just don't think that they make a move with him given what he's up against. Now, you know, if you want to argue he should have bund it, that's one thing. And you know, the year they won the World Series COVID, but still they want it. People call out and said fire Dave Roberts. So that always happens. But given the pitching situation, I don't know what you expect him to do as the manager. I mean, I don't know. I don't think that's not to do with this.
Speaker 2: I don't think that it mattered because I how do you say, Okay, we signed Otani this year, we signed young Moto, we signed glassnow, we got Hernandez. We made all these we made all these moves, and still we can't find three healthy starting pitchers to start the season. And we're gonna say, hey, we're gonna run it back next year. Like this is not Sean McVay yelling run it back after the Super Bowl. Yes, run it back. We just want it all. Like you can't say if this ends with an early first round loss, Like you can't just say, hey, run it back and things are gonna get better. Like like, how are you gonna do that? Like I said, jobs are on the line, Fred.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Riverside. Chris appreciate you holding.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Hey, how you doing? Yes, you should have bunnet again? Okay, and then I will go back. I'm not saying, hey, fire Dave Roberts. However, against Houston when they cheated, okay, he had no spine, no backbone. He didn't stick up for the team. Boston, we got punked. Okay, against when we won in the bubble, Tampa Bay Cash, he out coached himself. Okay, maybe Roberts should call a real manager like Bochie and ask him how he did it without with all the pitching injuries. Because I'm telling you, and I guarantee you, seeger Or Turner wouldn't have grounded into a triple play.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I hear what you're saying, seeger Or Turner, you don't know that. Quite frankly, you don't know if they would have grounded into a triple play because you certainly didn't expect Rojas to ground into a triple play, because quite honestly, you didn't expect anyone to ground into a triple play.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really happen that often, don't really see it. I'll tell you one thing. You want to talk about pitching, real pitching, real fests, everything going in you talked about, Yes, because I still remember Kevin Kash. Hey, let's take Blake Snell out of the game, even though he's absolutely dominating. Hey, the Dodgers won. He should get a big share of that twenty twenty championship because taking Blake Snell out of that game, that was just awesome. But as more time goes on, I will tell you this, and I know that it's been a big question. But with everything going on, jobs on the line, pitching situations, I know they've tried to tamp it down in the last few days. But there's one thing to tamp it down. When you're in the final week of the season in September and it looks like you're gonna clinch and the playoffs are still a week or so away, and you think everything is gonna go, and then it's quite another to be down one zip or two zip and go what do we do here? Show? Hey, can you open a game? Can you open a game? Can you throw thirty pitches? Because he's not a guy warming up in the bullpen when you see his bullpen sessions. We talked about this with Jean Paul Morosi on our show he's not a guy warming up like his next start is gonna be February in spring training. He's he's throwing that bullpen like, hey, I can I can come and pitch. I can come, I can come back and pitch. At some point, do you get to that can you can you open? Because that would suddenly change That changes the energy, that changes the focus, that changes the narrative. And it wouldn't be any more than that. Maybe it's maybe if it's just an if you're going with it open, or anyway, maybe it's just an inning or two, and you'd have to maneuver the batting order, obviously because Otani wouldn't be the DH, but still would that would I don't know how far we are away from that situation. Can you how many pitches can you throw? I can throw about twenty five pitches? Okay, great, twenty five pitches. You're coming out of the game, and you're gonna go as far as it can be, and that's gonna be our that's gonna be our big push.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the American League rule. If he pitches and is in the game as a hitter, when he no longer pitches, he stays in the game, but they lose.
Speaker 2: You would need to keep pinch hitting when the when the pitcher's spot comes up, So you would need to pinch hit when the when when the spot which So that's how it works. Yeah, you would change pitchers at that point and do it all right.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's go in San Pedro, Rick, Rick, thank you for holding go ahead.
Speaker 6: Hey, Frid you're in the best. You had a lot of value to the sports talk show. So I just want to give you a big shout out there. You're the best.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I was at the game last night.
Speaker 7: You got it, brother.
Speaker 6: I was at the game last night and I saw the whole play. Hats off to the Padres. I mean they didn't they didn't play the wheel, they didn't play a crash. They just play it up at the corners and hope for a double play. Rojas is not fast. The only play is the bunt. But after the game, when you say, oh, we took the bun off because we saw this and we saw that and that wasn't there, I mean, just be honest to say we took the bun off and we made a mistake.
Speaker 5: Move on.
Speaker 6: I don't want anyone fired, but it was just it was just not the way it happened.
Speaker 2: Here there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate it, Rick, thank you. Well, there's always that approach. He was there, Jason, he said he saw it obviously. Uh. Dave robertson the staff saw differently from inside the dughout. But now let's let's let's ask this question, because when are we gonna see that happen again. I guy hits into a triple player.
Speaker 2: In the game. Maybe tonight, Maybe it happens tonight again.
Speaker 1: Right, but just given the experience and assuming that we're not gonna see that again, do you think he would bunt next time? Do you think in that situation and assuming that's not gonna happen again, he would bunt anyway?
Speaker 2: I hope not. I mean, there's a difference between, Hey, we're gonna have you try to steal second to stay out of the double play, and hey, we're gonna have you bunt to stay out of the triple play. I mean, I I bunting is such a it's such a dice roll now, like it's it's not look at all the all the managers now and guys who've been in the game forever, Hey, everybody was at when Dave Roberts played, everybody bunted. Most people could bunt. You didn't have your power hitters bunt. But it's become a lost art. It's not taught as much because you're giving it out to the other team. You just are the hitters are better, and and and why would you do that when when it's it's tough enough to get a guy around, you want to play for more than one run. You needed more than one run, So why are you giving a team? And out right, why you? Why you? Why are you shortening that inning. I've never been a big fan of bunting, and I don't know that you can just say, well, I don't know why you can't do it. You're a major league player. Not every major league player can bun Not everybody can do that. So I am. I am eminently okay. If he if he has shoes the bunt and says, you know what, I'll roll the dice. And if we hit it too a triple play, we hit it to a triple play, I'll quit. If we'd grounded to another triple play to lose a game, because I don't butt, would that make everybody happy? I will quit. If that's the case, you're saying you'll quit, I'm saying he'll quit, and you'll quit as well.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not quitting. No, I'm not quitting.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I thought, God, you said that. You said if that happens again, I'll quit.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, well you miss that. I didn't specifically say that this ought to be really good. Let's go to Dwarte had the call of the day yesterday and he's back today. Spencer, Spencer, go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, Hey Fred, what's up? Swollen Dome?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 8: Uh, I just want to say I told you Nack was a nerd and he got blown up like I told you he was going to Today, we got the B plus player, Jack Clarity, who's everybody's number three anywhere else in the playoffs, is gonna get killed by Dylan Fief and our playoff hopes after today and we get two out of three taken by the Rockies will cease to exist. It is not Dave roberts fault, though. What happened to happen. The triple play is a triple play.
Speaker 6: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 8: There's there's It's not fair to say that that will fire. Dave Roberts triple play. But in my outro, I will say one of the previous callers said they weren't running the wheel. The wheels an play on a bunch of first base Manny Machado caught a piss rod and through a perfect ball the second and he lost. That's what happened. The Padres are better, They're gonna win the division. Dodgers sucks and we have no arms once again. So tell tell that's to day about stay two un tell if you have a corsletic Yankee doodles, all.
Speaker 1: Right, goodbye. There was Spencer and Dwarte.
Speaker 2: That got personal at the end. He had he had the he had the Michael Jordan iPad say, and I took that personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well no he worked with Dodgers, was yeah, yeah, it took a turn right there.
Speaker 2: Well, I knew when he could. When he said swollen dome, I'm like, that's Mike Carmen, That's that's that's my partner at night. So I was like, okay, let's see where this goes.
Speaker 1: All right, if you're on hold, stay right there. I will continue to let your vent and perhaps you can offer some insight we haven't considered on a day where dodg Your fans are pretty upset, and your calls are next their opportunity to let lose. Let's go, you know, venture spleen. You'll feel better. You'll just feel better after you do it. And that's why we're here. We live to give Jason.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs it. After people are still walking around in a fog after that game last night. I'm really this is now thirteen hours later, and I'm still saying I can't believe that happened. I can't. I still can't believe you ground into a triple play to end the game, to give the Padres a playoff berth and to make it and it's now the closest the race has been all season long, and the Padres are on the cusp of winning the series, which means they get the tiebreaker and somebody the Dodgers looking at a wild card like all this has had everything changed with that one ground ball. And oh, by the way, I'm still watching the game. Otani is still standing on deck Fred, he is still there. He has taken off the weighted bat, at least because I think probably swinging the weighted bat for thirteen hours a long time. So he's just swinging the one bat.
Speaker 1: Now, well that's good. Yeah, now he's ready. All right, let's go to Long Beach. Chuck, you're still holding it. If you are go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, you're saying, Fred, thanks a lot for taking my call. And you speaking about venting.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: First of all, it should have bunch. It should have kept on going regardless even if he would have struck out, it would have been good. But the second of all, Mookie Betts. When O'tannie hit that double, Mookie Betts, he ended up getting tagged out. Man.
Speaker 3: You know, man, you gotta be focused.
Speaker 9: We kind of have a sense of urgency.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 9: If you look around the whole infield at all, Man, if you look at Gavin Lunk, he looked like he don't even want to be there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 9: He wouldther be on the bench and someone cheering him on.
Speaker 5: Man, you know.
Speaker 7: And Mookie Betts messed up.
Speaker 5: Too with that right field when the guy hit.
Speaker 9: The ball to right field that was truly a single. The finnerfielder had to come over and.
Speaker 5: Get that play.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: That's ridiculous, man.
Speaker 9: And my last little comment, I think Dave Roberts Man, I can't say I feel sorry for him because I don't, Man, because he should have kept button. However, he lives in San Diego, right, say goodbye?
Speaker 1: All right, there you go.
Speaker 2: Thank you Dave Roberts throwing the game because he lives in San Diego. That's Dave Ra's that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure that's how it went. Chuck, thank you really appreciate that call. All right, let's now go to Edgar Anaheim. Edgar, thanks for holding. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 10: Rogan?
Speaker 2: All good?
Speaker 1: My friend? Everything good?
Speaker 2: Well, you.
Speaker 4: Are the best. Don't ever change.
Speaker 11: I love you, bro, I love.
Speaker 12: You your passion.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dave Roberts Man, Dave Roberts, He's had everything over the years. This is not about this year.
Speaker 12: It's about every year.
Speaker 4: He's had the best teams. He's had talent, he's had, the pitching, he's had, the hitting, he's had everything. Is that about the bunt last night? What you do you tell Rowhouse? You sit him down? You know you're bunting regarded, I don't care if you.
Speaker 11: Strike out, you're bunting. Ohdani needs to come up. He's a goat, he's the got of the game. We want him up. Okay, Roberts is done. Rich Hill he took him out in the World Series.
Speaker 4: Why would you take him out? Kerry Shot should have pitched that game. This guy is done, dude, And then the attitude of the players needs to change. Freddy Freeman that ground Baltipirs phase. He walks back to the dugouts, no emotion, like they don't care. Mookie Betts, You're you're making banks. It's time to step up, dude. These guys are getting outplayed. Dodgers saying it was a packed house every night, fans are there. It's time to give the people some joy.
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, appreciated ed good things. To be fair, I think the Dodgers probably have given the fans even a teeny bit of joy at times this year.
Speaker 2: There has been some. There has been some. I mean, I just just go to a game, even if they lose. You got helmet nachos. I mean, what what what else.
Speaker 1: More do you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if they're losing, helmet notach But look, we talked earlier about how this season. I said, Look, it's different for the Dodgers because jobs are at stake, right, and Dave Roberts is right there, and that's a big thing. Fred listen to the listen to these fans. Listen to the fans. They it's Robert's fault that Rojas hit into a triple play. I mean, this is where it's at. This is where it's at. Man, it's Robert's fault that he hit into a triple play, right like, like like, oh, you just have him bunt. Yeah, okay, you're not thinking that that this is ever gonna happen, right, worst case there, Okay, you can't bunt, but let's see what else happens. Give them a chance to swing the bat. As you said, he's gotten big hits before this season, but this is where this is turned into him grinding into a triple play is Dave. Robert's fault. This is where everybody's at right now. This is where the town is at right now.
Speaker 1: Fred, All right, let's go to uh ocean side. Paul, appreciate you holding go ahead. Oh he's gone. Okay, let's go Robert and Crito's Robert? Are you still there?
Speaker 13: I am, but you got to give me a second. I'm chasing my eyeball across the parking lot.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. That's Perry Bider very nice, very solid, Robert, very very solid.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I plucked it out seeing some plag guy on the back. I was gonna hit it with the wire brush, but it got away from me. But the reason I'm calling, I'm thinking the ninth batter and the orders should have crossed as low as possible, taken every pitch and either walked in around or struck out, and give the all stars at the top of the order.
Speaker 2: Time to do their job. All right, tell me Frobert my philosophy. Dave Roberts should have walked up to the home plate umpire said, we're taking a voluntary strikeout to get Otani up night. Pitcher doesn't need to throw any pitches. The umpire makes the announcement to the crowd, says, the Dodgers have elected a voluntary strikeout with Miguel Rojas. The batter is out, he makes the big, he makes the big the the out moment, and everybody cheers because Otani is coming up. Hey we got Otani and bets. It's great, we got one out. The guys go. That would have been the thing that that's what Stave Roberts fault. He should have taken the voluntary strikeout and not had any pitches thrown to get Otani up, that's what should have happened. I'd say that's my fault. Fred, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 1: No, if you had thought of that, this could have been a very different store.
Speaker 2: I know, I know suddenly it would have been different. All right, Andrew and Torns go ahead, Andrew.
Speaker 14: Hey, Fred, uh so, I think you know everyone's pointing at Roberts. But at the same time, the last few years, it's always come down to we never have enough pitching. I feel like they've got to do something with the strength and conditioning coaches for the pitchers because it seems every year, whether it's Gonsolin this year of course, is like crazy, everyone's getting hurt.
Speaker 7: But or other teams.
Speaker 14: Maybe it's just better scouting at the same time that they're scouting pitchers who can go the distance. But I mean, this is it's like ridiculous, Like if anyone's for sure job should be taken away, it's those guys. Whatever plan they have the pictures on is not good enough, because I mean we saw it in the very beginning that you know, Miller goes down, Bueller comes back immediately hurt Kershaw. He's a little bit older, so I can understand but I feel like all the younger guys is like, you know, what, what kind of program are we running if we can't get them to the end of the season. That you know, if we had a full rotation on stone Glass now Yamamoto clarity, I would feel a lot better. But it's gonna come down to you know, we're saying, oh, who's the third guy, who's the fourth guy? I'm like, man, it's I feel like those guys are are really responsible for what kind of hole they've put us in, and kind of put Roberts in the bad spot as well that he's getting into his bullpen in the fourth inning.
Speaker 5: No matter what.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks for the call. Yeah, I think you have to look at everything. I just don't think you pointed at Dave Roberts. And this might seem shocking to everybody. The season isn't over and the playoffs haven't started yet. I mean, it's kind of like this is a post mortem now, but they haven't even started the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That was last night.
Speaker 1: You ought to be upset and frustrated and freaked, but that was one game. They'll go back at it again tonight. Let's go to KC kse in thousand oaks.
Speaker 12: Go ahead, Hey, Fred, so that guy just tole my thunder because I think the strength and conditioning coaches should all be fired. There's no reason why these guys should be blowing out their shoulders and their elbows all over the place.
Speaker 6: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 12: And you know, last night is a microcosm of the way that Dave Roberts manages a team that Rojas should have been funt three times strikeout. Who cares if he grounds out and they make it out at third base? Do you have a Tawani, Bets and Freeman who are making like a gazillion dollars to do their job and they don't get to do it. And it's a freak show. It's a it's a freak play, obviously. And by the way, Rojas, I'm pretty sure I could get down the line in the time that it took him to get down the line. It's that's it's insane that that actually that that that happened. But it's a microcosm of ten years of us continuing to wait and here we are again, and we all know we're going to get bounced if we're in the wild card or in the division series because we don't have any pitching.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, do you really think you could beat Rojas in a race for sixty feet? No?
Speaker 12: No, I think I could have got from home plate to first base in the time it took for that triple plate to happen to beat that out. I don't think he ran all the way. There's no way that happens. It's it's a it's a it's a five, it's a what five?
Speaker 7: Three? Uh? Five?
Speaker 15: Four?
Speaker 6: Three?
Speaker 12: Triple play?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 12: Come on, and they never should have happened on three times. And then that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, goodbye.
Speaker 2: You know we need Fred. Here's how you solve it. It's time now, because we've there's precedent for this before, there's precedent to find this out. David Vassay needs to race Miguel Rojas. He raced Adrian Gonzales right that happened. He needs to race Miguel. I mean, I don't know that today would be the day I'd bring it up, but maybe like later on, you know, when they clinch.
Speaker 1: Hey, wait a minute, why not why not why not go out to the ballpark today.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I don't know how that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: That, Megan, you got a minute. I got this idea. I think you're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna wear loafers and uh here, I'm gonna carry my microphone and we're gonna race, all right from home plate to the first band. Ready, ready and go? Yeah. I wait a couple of days and then we see it. But there's precedent to have this happen before we need that.
Speaker 1: That happened, all right two years ago. You remember the late Joe McDonald and uh souon Ahan. All right, they had a no, not a race. It's even better, okay, all right, So they were at Dodger Stadium and this is when Stu was going through his phase of let me show you how to do it. Let me show you how to do it. These young kids are doing it differently. I'm gonna show you. So he's got Mike Sosha out there, and Sosha is teaching Stu how to block the plate, and Sosha's down it's off on the side. They have another little home plate on the grass, and Sosia's down in front with the glove and stuff and showing Stu how to do it. And he says Stu, why don't you give it a shot, And she says, give me that glove, you know, give me the glove. I'll do it. Sure. Okay, is this how you get down? And is this what you do? And Sosha says, listen, but you gotta be careful. And there's a runner coming at you. As a matter of fact, we've got one, honest to god. And Stu looks and it's Joe McDonald's, Big Joe, just bearing down on you, already running. Yeah, and you know what happened, don't you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is there a video of this?
Speaker 1: I think they did it live and you know there's no video of anything anymore. They destroyed all the archives. But I was there for that. Wow, And look who's coming at you? And Stu's eyes butted out of his head and here came Joe.
Speaker 2: Did Ducker Coreyan run after? Did he come right?
Speaker 1: Douckcryan?
Speaker 2: Okaydoo?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: One more Rex and Temecula wrap this up? Go ahead?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well, we don't want David Besset going back to the orthopedic surgeon again their friend. Okay, Look I argued with David two years ago, coming back from a game when we lost to the Podas. You can't get beat up by your little brother, because word gets out that you got beat up by your little brother. There's a remedy for all this.
Speaker 3: Tonight.
Speaker 15: You come out and you win like twenty or nothing. Otani hits four home runs, Freeman hits four home runs.
Speaker 4: Bets.
Speaker 15: I can't believe this happened last night. And I'll wrap this up Fred by saying this all started when the Chargers moved to La.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's it now we know, well, at least it wasn't at least it wasn't Dave Roberts fault. I mean we were right there to the Chargers move in La.
Speaker 1: No, but I think Dave Roberts actually talked to Dean Spanos. Oh yeah, he said, I got a plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's actually he's actually a shadow owner of the Chargers. Dave Roberts. Yeah, that was the best.
Speaker 1: Now we got to figure it out. What is it. Well, the Chargers moved to La and the Dodgers went to Hell, and that was the end of it.
Speaker 2: Look, Dodgers pitching injuries justin Herbert is hurt. You're telling me you don't see it. You don't see it. You know, there's a lot of common right there.
Speaker 1: You don't see it all right, next hour we'll go out to the stadium and check in with David Vassa. Dave has scene everything. I'm not sure we ever saw what he saw last night. So we'll do that next hour. It's coming back to town and it is a terri event. We look forward to it every single year, and Jason, we want to talk about it here for a second. Let's go all right, let's bring Kevin on. Kevin, thanks for jumping on here today. How are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing fantastic. How are you guys this afternoon?
Speaker 1: We're doing great? Okay. We love the Pacific Air Show. We talk about it every year. It's such an incredible event. It is so unique, one of the biggest air shows in the world. What can we look forward to this year?
Speaker 7: Well, we're coming back for our eighth year this year. It's going to be another incredible weekend weather. It looks great. Some really cool things on deck this year, some first things, first timers for Huntington Beach. We've got the of course, the US Air Force Thunderbird's coming back. This is their seventh appearance, so they love Huntington Beach and the Pacific Air Show. But we'll have the final performance of the US Air Force a ten Thunderbolt demo, which has a really been an amazing demonstration for the Air Force for a long time, and this will be the final final time it will ever perform in front of a public display because the Air Force is getting ready to retire it. So that's pretty neat. We're gonna have aircraft landing on the beach this year thing for people to see up up close and personal. Down on the ticketed venue. Of course, we'll have Maverick and Iceman signing autographs, taking photos and and so much more. It's just an incredibly packed lineup, you know, five hours of you know, pretty much everything you can imagine.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, wait, wait, wait, you got you gotta a little bit detail. They're landing on the beach. I'm trying to visualize how they're gonna let how is this gonna happen?
Speaker 10: This sounds crazy, Yeah, So you know, we're trying to always push the boundaries of you know, of bringing the entertainment to the beach, and this year what we're doing is it's called a stole demonstration.
Speaker 7: So STOLE stands for short takeoff and landing. So these are these essentially these bush planes that they land you know, out in Alaska and the water and all over the place in the wilderness, and we're gonna bring them down and do a demonstration right in front of it crowd on the sand and it's never been done before, so the world. This would be the world's first temporary landing area ever on the sand of an air show. It's gonna be really cool. So they'll actually land and then taxi shut the aircraft down and then all the kids and families will be able to go down and interact with the pilots. I don't know if you guys saw the aircraft that landed on top of the Berge calif the hotel in Dubai where he landed on the top of the hotel on the tennis court, But that was Luke Sapaeida, and he's actually going to be landing on the b.
Speaker 1: Because that's why it's never been done before. All Right, what else do you have coming up at the show?
Speaker 7: Oh, well, we've got some awesome stuff. We're going to have everybody's favorite, the F twenty two US Air Force F twenty two Raptor demo, which is absolutely incredible. We'll have some army helicopters. We've got Mike Gulian, who's a Red Bull air racer doing his thing. We've got the so compared commandos doing parachute jumps. We'll have four F fifteens at a little Louisiana Air National Guard that buy you Militia will have scaled composites Bertratan's company coming from the Mahabi Desert flying their proteus and some really cool, never before seen aircraft at an air show. We'll have the big stuff, the Casey one thirty five refueler, the F thirty five C, which is the Navy version of the F thirty five fighter. We'll have two of those airborne, and so much more. Well Aesthetics is flying a seven fifty seven. We'll have seven F eighteen's doing demonstrations. C one thirties. We'll have MV twenty two Osprey's coming up to do demonstrations. It's going to be absolutely incredible. I could keep going. By the way, there's probably another two dozen things I could read to you, but sofice to say it's a packed lineup, and what's cool about Pacific air Show because it's a remote show, not at an airport. We're at a beautiful beach. There's only about a minute between these acts, so you really have to time when you're going to use the restroom because you might miss something.
Speaker 1: All right, So the event is Friday October fourth through Sunday October sixth. What should people do if they want tickets?
Speaker 7: This should head over to Pacificairshow dot Com. We've got great ticket offerings there. We've tried to keep it very accessible for everybody. We've got general admission tickets and start at thirty dollars. I don't think you can even go to the movie theater for that price. So to get five five and a half hours of an unbelievable air show, it's a great value. And then you know, obviously you know, book a ticket and head on down to Huntington Beach. Like I said, Pacific Airshow dot Com is going to be an amazing weekend. We've got lots to see and do inside the precinct, so it's great for families and look forward to having everybody down there.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it. Listen, thanks for coming on. You have a great day, Thanks so much. Guys, all right, we continue on the Dodgers. David Massey will join us. You'll either be at the stadium or en route, and we'll get to them next