Speaker 1: Five o five fifty five k r C, the talk stations, Briddy Eve.
Speaker 2: Some sad idea, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Pretty much summing up for everybody there, Tally thanks very much Joe's Tracker for the sound by Brian Thomas right here, host of the fifty five KRC Morning Show and another big line up day to day. Thanks again to Joe's Checker for lining folks up. Go start at six o five one hour from now. Bring him account from the Hudson Institute. He'll be in house. Brilliant man he is. You can check out his Charged Conversation podcast, which talks about green stuff. He was in New York City delivering a presentation about transportation and infrastructure, and so I gonna have to ask him about the electric semis, among other things, because that's one of the things the Biden Harris administration is shoving down everybody's throat, whether they want them or not, and a stupid, stupid, stupid idea. I don't think Brigham's going to be arguing with me about that way. Three times the amount of a regular semi go about one third of the distance and don't go quite as far in the wintertime, and of course with the heavier weight of the truck. That obviously ruins roads more, it goes through tires more quickly, and of course you can't haul as much in any given semi given the extra weight. It's a dumb idea. And they're also three times more expensive than a regular semi. You know, infrastructure and transportation would come to a little halt or a creep more accurately. Seven h five fast forward two hours. Orlando sonza, he connects with voters. There's an article that says that, and he does. Brilliant guys, just all around great American. He's got that whole wonderful immigration background story, the legal way. West Point grad probably served his country. He met his wife in West Points. She also a West Point grad. Outkicked his coverage prosecutor. I mean, he's got a wonderful, solid firm background. He's a brilliant man, engaging conversationalist, and a welcome alternative to Shared Brown from my perspective. I'm sorry, Greg Lansman, so we'll get to Shared Brown too. Welcome alternative from Greg Lansman. Orlando one more time in the morning show, coming up at seven oh five, followed by Donald and Neil Americans for prosperity. We're in the home stretch. How many doors did have been knocked on? They were trying to hit a million. Also talk a little bit about early voting. Interesting numbers coming in on early voting. Donald o'nill be followed by Kerry Davis, the local activist. Apparently a shenanigan's declaration. She uncovered something going on between Denise Dreehouse and the CEO of Rumkey. As we observe, Donald Trump grabbed a hold of the garbage criticism from Joe Biden and a garbage vest and a Trump garbage truck and going around and using that to his advantage, and that's really worked out well. Orlando Sonza also work in the garbage trucks. The other day. Now, I have no idea what Cary's going to say about Rumky. Maybe there is some shenanigans going on. I don't know. All I know is I have a profound appreciation for Rumky. I have on record multiple times on my eighteen years in radio saluting the American sanitation worker, the hard work they do in the middle of summer, work that a lot of people would refuse to do, and thank God they're there. That's one of the few checks that I don't have any problem writing. I get a Runky bill. I don't even hesitate, Just pay the damn thing they take away my garbage. Can you imagine a world without Rumky? Yeah, see it in New York City when they have garbage strikes. Check that out. It's a wonderful place to be around. I have a rat infestation problem. Don't seem to have that problem around here anyway. Notwithstanding the Shenannigans declarations, I still truly appreciate Runky as a service provider. Eight oh five, Congressman Warren Davidson returns to the program. Is that your editorial comment, Joe must be a lot of garbage in district? Aid? I know he keeps waiting by a landslide. I know you me by the comment. I just got to get out of it. I guess sometimes, you know, the guests will provide you with, you know, topics they want to talk about. Sometimes it's editorial comments from Struker on the rundown. Today we got the latter immigration and his dislike of the Fed and crypto assets. Congressman Davidson and maybe his thoughts and impressions on the election TikTok, TikTok, and of course it being Friday Eve. Jay Ratliffe, I heard me the aviation expert. We'll talk about airlines now having to refund one of percent of the airline ticket if the flight gets canceled, American airlines shaming passerns and passengers he tried to get on the plane too early. We have a passenger suing Jet Blue over an ice cream sandwich and I'm going to hit him with a curveball boeing soap dispensers boeing at it again and having another bad day in the news. So as your rundown today, I always love hearing from you. Feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk go with pound five to fifty if you have an AT and T phone. Running out of time for poles and there will be very probably a lot fewer poles. And as we focus on the swing states, we've got the most recent release of polls yesterday, Arizona Trump polling well ahead. He lost by ten thousand plus votes that Joe Biden budd won it in twenty sixteen. Right now, data orbitol the polster released yesterday before yesterday Trump forty nine point seven two, Harris is forty one point nine. And a separate poll Atlantis Intel Trump fifty point six, Harris forty six point four. So substantial lead in both of those, and that's more than most of these other poles. Georgia Atlantis Intel poll Trump fifty point two, Harris forty seven point one, just inside the margin of error. The final one point slash Red Eagle Politics Slash so Call Strategies poll Trump ahead fifty to forty nine. In Georgia, Michigan, USA, Today's Suffolk University poll yesterday Trump forty seven point four, Harris forty seven. Back to Atlanta's Intel, they also did a poll showing Trump ahead forty nine point two to Harris's forty seven point nine. Squeakers, they are, but at least the leads are favoring Trump Harris very slim margin in Trafalgar Pole in Nevada is basically a dead tie forty seven point eight to forty seven point six. CNN released a poll this week too, that one shows Trump ahead in another squeaker forty eight forty seven, And back to Atlanta's Intel, there's said Trump was ahead forty eight point four to forty seven point five for Harris Trefalgar Group North Carolina poll came out Tuesday, Trump widened his lead to three point two points forty nine point four to forty six point two. Outside the margin of error, it was only one point nine lead for Trump the last time they did a poll, that was October fifteenth. Atlantis Intel pole also looking at North Carolina episode, Harris ahead by point one, forty eight point five to forty eight point four. Pennsylvania. We got some news out of Pennsylvania as well, and legal issues the must win to take the White House state as it's often referred to. Quinnipiac pole out yesterday, Trump ahead forty seven forty six. Previously October ninth, Harris was up forty nine to forty six, So shifting in Trump's direction across the board. Here separate Susquehanna poll released yesterday Harris lead forty six to Trump's forty five point eight, with six percent undecided. And finally we turned to Wisconsin, where we have a Marquette University Law School poll released yesterday Harris fifty Trump forty nine. The CNN poll for the same state Wisconsin, Harris leads fifty one to forty five, So that one is the most favorable poll for well, Kamala Harris across the board, and but she is leading in both of those polls in Wisconsin. We'll see how it ultimately shakes out. And I know we all struggle with whether we can even believe polls, and there's a number of, you know, discussions about polls because it was so wrong in the Hillary Clinton race twenty sixteen. They apparently have altered their polling metrics, and how they do that to come up with something more accurate is beyond my knowledge. I'm just suggesting that maybe it's an apples to Orange's comparison, if you want to assume that, well, there's a five point error built into the polls in favor of Democrats. Allegedly they have fixed that. So any final analysis, state of the race, where we are right now? Some observations by Kim Strauss. I won't read it, just some of the points. She suggests that the moments for persuading voters with policy is over. We're now and I would argue the name calling mode. So we got the Republicans being evil, garbage, fascist, right, and I guess you can boil down the Trump response and the Republicans response to Harris is she's an idiot with no firm standing in principles. But if you move away the veneer of what she's trying to convince you of, jess as far left as they get another four years of the Obama presidency, this would be I guess chapter four in that so suggest don't expect any new or considered policy proposals. A window for that opportunity is over. Harris's closing message again, Trump's fascist problem. That along with comments like Trump voters are garbage. Thanks Briden for that. That may be your October surprise on right there, since the Republican Party is taking great advantage of yes, putting themselves in the position. It's like accusing the revolutionary the Yankee doodle dandies and embracing that and using that as a badge of honor, Republicans driving around in garbage trucks and embracing the concept. She offended a lot of people, most notably maybe could have offended undecided voters with the fascism claim. She's calling half of America Nazis and independent, you know, clear thinking, you know objective independence can't abide something like that, And how do you win an election by accusing half of the electorate of being the disciples of Adolf Hitler. Anyway, Trump's closing message and Strassel boils down to Kamala broke it, Trump will fix it, which you know, focusing on the economy and border those are two winning issues on the Trump's side of the ledger. And also he's accusing her of running a campaign of demonization and hate and again going back to the fascism, Nazi and garbage quotes in terms of an October maybe November surprise, a little late in the day, according to Kim, and I think she's probably right on this. If either party had oppo research that would lead to this, you know, October surprise thing, then they probably would have released it already. Given how many people have voted already, it's a little late in the game to release something like that. So they focused a lot on that comedian's garbage comment. But Joe Biden completely blew out of the water because that came from some comedian. Joe Biden is President of the United States of America. Maybe you've forgotten about that by now, But the President of the United States of America called half of the American people that he leads and represents in his capacity as president garbage. And you can't polish that one into a diamond, if you know what I mean. So, and as for polling information, which I just gave you the most recent ones, no one disputes that. Of course, Trump is advancing in each week and each poll that comes out moving forward ahead. So voting data shows Republicans apparently have improved their share of both mail in ballot and in person voting in case swing State's Democrats share has dropped, which is kind of freaking the Democrats out. Of course, the press all in for the Democrats. Something to behold that one. They have given up all all pretexts of neutrality. And we talked about that Media Center's most recent analysis which found that Harris got seventy eight percent favorable coverage versus eighty five percent negative coverage of Trump bias. Absolutely, and she suggests in the next several days, get ready for increasingly wild hit pieces on Trump. So anyhow, and then finally anything to watch. She points out election related lawsuits. It is going to be a lawsuit fest. Just sit around and wait for it five one, three, seven, fifty and two three. Talk out Bobby on the phone, BABBYO, take your call right after I get back to stay right here at fifty five kros the talk station two on a Friday, even Happy Halloween. Dust Tracker. You got a prediction on how many doors is going to be not hony, how many times your door's going to be knocked on? Hopefully zero because your lights are off. You're that guy. That's okay, it's your prerogative. Hey, I know how expensive candy's gotten. It's outrageous and it doesn't taste the same. Okay, here's a question for anybody out there's a Reese's peanut butter cup fan. Now, my wife insists that they don't taste the same. Something has changed, like from last year to this year. They taste a little waxier. I thought, well, maybe with the price of cocoa and chocolate going through the roof, maybe they've supplemented by adding a little more wax and a little less chocolate. Just speculation on my part, but without further deal, let's do what Bobby's got this morning, Bobby, Happy FRIDAYE Welcome.
Speaker 3: Fates, Flag, family and firearms, my brother. When you've got those, you've always got freedom. And you'll notice I left the bad a word out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Hey, we got updates on our Lochland this year. And one other thing. We got some nice red, white and blue garbage bags for Halloween since it's supposed.
Speaker 1: To Uh did you Yeah? I saw Raddy Tucker with the Inquiry reporting headline Martinian immigrants are struggling in Lochland and so is the village.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: At eight o'clock in the morning, you'll see some more West Africans coming right in from New York City. They've been coming in like that for the last six weeks.
Speaker 1: How do you know they're from New York.
Speaker 3: Well, that's where they come from, out of Chinatown. Twelve hour drive straight straight here. Yeah, twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of like, I love to know where the information came from, and I don't. I haven't read that. That doesn't mean that it isn't the case. I just sort of, you know, it's like asking for a you know, bibliography or a footnote like sight you have them called me my brother.
Speaker 3: I watch them come in every day eight o'clock in the morning, eight o'clock.
Speaker 4: All right, I know days a week.
Speaker 1: I know you are. You have been documenting the whole thing. You can probably write a book on it, maybe do a little documentary film on the whole unfolding process. But a good researcher and someone who seeks the highest level of credibility does have source information. So I'd love to know how you know those buses came from Chinatown in New York.
Speaker 3: That's all I got, all documentations, all the documents.
Speaker 1: That doesn't answer the question. I'm not giving you a hard time, Bobby, you know, just saying you have the documentation. That's the kind of thing that gets you thrown out of cord for well having a claim that lacks merit when you cite the documents, like here is a memo from the New York Department of whatever pointing out that Mauritanians have been living in Chinatown and we've been putting them on buses. That would support the allegation. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: Those buses only run from Chinatown's the only place they run from twelve guards straight into Cincinnati area, right.
Speaker 1: Well, putting aside citations and supporting documentation information. What we do know is Lachland has made national headlines because no one is disputing that the size and population of Lachland has doubled over the last what couple of months years? However many they've gone from thirty four hundred residents to now about more than thirty three thousand plus extra Mauritanian primarily immigrants living in the neighborhood, and now it's presented some massive challenge. Those are all undisputed facts. Bobby kim Ahead, one more critical thing.
Speaker 3: If I got to my brother, get Greg Landsman out of there, get Orlando Solves in there, get Greg and kicking to the curb, that's all I could say.
Speaker 1: Well, you aren't going to get an argument from me on that. ORLANDA. Sciens is one of my favorite candidates on any ballot in the United States.
Speaker 2: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Top the bottom good Man solid Man five twenty six, fifty five KO City talk Station, Local stories coming up? Stick around right here, fifty five Kosity talk station, what's the talk station? Five thirty and a very happy ready to eat you alright, So the stack of local story before we get to the stack is stupid. A reminder if you have Keresey dot Comedy can't listen live some great discussions yesterday, Judge Annapolitana, you got the Mollar High School Veterans Day event next Wednesday. I believe eight thirty am. Show up. All veterans are welcome and the Mollar High School students will love seeing you there. Hamilon County Prosecuting Melissa Powers of the final Please please, Dear God, vote for Melissa Powers. Her opponent is so unqualified for the job. This shouldn't even be a race. But since we are in blue Hamilton County, it's going to be a race. And that's a sad thing that Hamilton County prosecutor maybe voted at office. She is great of what she does. Her record is amazing, good for the county, regardless of political strife. And she does not believe, you know, view that job as political. She's not woke. She's just doing the job of enforcing the law. So it will Jim Neil, so say it, Jim Neil, keep politics out of the sheriff's office, unlike the current administration who loves going around and politicking all the time in favor of liberal left wing organizations and causes. Jim Neil's interested in law enforcement, also interested in improving the morale at the sheriff's department, which by all accounts is really pretty low right now. And the big picture with Jack Avan and that's right there, plus George burnhaman restore Liberty US. Great conversations yesterday and a bunch of great ones coming up today. Speaking of Lachland, according to you and Bobby was been paying attention to this for a long time, so of a whole lot of people. Randy Tucker with The Inquired did some reporting on this. You can check out the headline Martinian immigrants are struggling in Lachland and so is the village. There's one guy they refer to, last name of Cisy. He had to pay a network of smugglers gets get a load of this from Martinia to Lochland, got him and his family out of Africa Maritania, went to Turkey, from Turkey to Nicaragua to El Salvador, Guatemala, and then to mexic Go where they cross the border into the United States. Twenty thousand dollars is what he paid, but he says he didn't have any regrets. The only problem is it's the volume. I think that's the issue. Accurd to the village administrator Doug Waynyemeer, speaking with The enquire most of the West African immigrants are model citizens, their plight, the respectful, peaceful, he said. The crime has not been an issue, no significant increase in serious crime. Still, Lachland officials concerned about their impact on the surging migrant community in the local community, and they're still concerned about safety and safety in the neighborhood as well as living conditions. Get to that in the moment. So they say there's simply the sheer number of new migrants doubling Lachlan's population in just over one year, representing a bit of a challenge for city services. So the new migrants, coupled with work barriers, strained the city services, created unsafe overcrowding and several apartment complexes. The fire department, they say, makes about fifteen hundred emergency runs every year. That number is increased by two hundred. The vast majority of those extra calls coming from low locations where the migrant populations are living, notably Creek side apartments specifically identified at the two hundred unit complex. Yet many are living in vastly over crowded apartments, two better apartments that are accommodating as many as ten people, creating all kinds of problems for the residents of the building. They say that's not only a threat to public safety, but a threat to the local economy that can drive tax paying residents away. According to Lachland the mayor, Mark Mason, he now says facing a two hundred thousand dollars short ball in earnings income tax revenue because non immigrant families are moving out of Lachland and more non working West African immigrants are moving in, so obviously presenting numerous challenges for the residents there. And as sad, sad state of affairs, I have as well as so many people on social media lamenting the closing of all these Frishes locations. I don't know if it's a good thing or not. Someone should buy the rights and the name for Frish's tartar sauce so you can continue to sell it at your grocery store because people are thinking, oh my god, Frishes is closing. I'm not gonna get my tartar sauce. West Side. Jim told me yesterday we went over to dine at the Frish's location. I guess over in Dala High, which is closing. Fifty twelve to fifty oh two Dell High Avenue. If that's the one he went through, doesn't matter. They're not even making their own pies anymore. You're a big fan of the Frishes pumpkin pie apparently not available now. They're substituting with sarati, which doesn't bother me. But wasn't it always traditional fishes recipe that we went there for? Anyway? The Mason Montgomery Road twelve one point fifty, That one's closing. That was mine. Coleraine Avenue, ninety eight hundred block Plainfield nine thousand block I mentioned the del High location, forty seven hundred Montgomery Road and forty two hundred Bridgetown Road all have been approved for the eviction order, so say bye bye to those four. Hamilton County location is going to have their evictioneerings. I guess Wednesday next week. The seven thousand Beachmont Avenue location, the fifty three hundred Northmend Road, fifty three hundred block of North End Road, eleven hundred block of Stone Drive, and eleven thousand block A Chase Plaza, those presumably next week will be told to be to e vict so they a whole lot of background and court documents pointed out that Fish's rent for October is one point two million, and it will be owed regardless of whether Fishes is occupying six or sixty five properties, at least according to the folks involved in the litigation. So sad state of affairs once. Really, I thought at one point excellent quality and good food. Anybody who's been to a fresh as of late realizes that's pretty much something we can just only wax nostalgic about. Those days are over five thirty six, fifty five Kosity talk station Stack is stupid coming up. You can feel free to call if you'd rather talk. I love talking with the listeners regardless if we can stay right here. Fifty five car City Talk State. Have you or a loved one been done? Babby? Halloween Today? Rain is likely this afternoon, very gusty wins as well. Ohio seventy five for night, clouds decreased, maybe some isolated rain forty seven. The overnight low sixty two to the heighth Tomorrow is sunny, skyes down to forty one overnight with a few flows Saturday sunny and sixty seven sixty five right now, time for first traffic.
Speaker 5: From the UCF Traumphigue Center. Count on the expert team. You see Health Orthopedic sans sports medicine, no matter the injury, same day appointments are available schedule online, and you see health dot Com cruiser working with an early morning accident sapbound seventy one above Wilmington before you got the sixty eight right hand side. But even with that unseen, no delays to get by traffic elsewhere? Do we just fine? No time delays into downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's four. He come up at five forty one five KER City Talk Station. Don't have to wait long for the guys. Break in the count from the Hudson Return Hudson Institute returned to me in studio. We're talking some energy policy. He's doing some presentation about transportation and infrastructure in New York. And he is of course responsible for the Charged Conversations podcast. That's a worthworthwhile listen. Brigham is a brilliant man. Anyway, back over to the stack of stupid. Someone not so brilliant, Joe Biden real quick. He bit a baby yesterday. Did you see the picture? No photo post that I'd ex President Joe Biden seen appearing to bite a baby during the Biden Family Halloween celebration of the White House last night. I don't think you can draw another conclusion is that No, Joe Biden definitely is biting down on the looks like thigh of a little infant being held in his mother's arms. Why are you doing? No one knows. So I'm making fun of it because of all the other uncomfortable, weird and very creepy photographs Joe Biden's behavior and conduct even videos of it, you know, touching little girl's hair and smelling hair and doing all those weird things. And I love kids jumping on my lot Seephite wish I had a definition of kids in his mind. Anyway, back over to the other stack is stupid. Tisha Booth and Keisha Eedam. These two women were described as being on a road trip to reconcile the relationship when they exited I eighty five in Lavonia, Georgia last week, court to the local police. After the seven pm stop, police received a report of an indecent exposure at the rear of the raceway gas station. Responding officers located a white this is an the report quote located a white female on top of a black female, and each of them had their pants pulled down, exposing their pelvic regions. Suspects described as being found in a patch of grass between the raceway and the McDonald's restaurant. Investigator's alleged quote is it is that the Livonia, Georgie's version of lovers Langel quote. Booth was sitting straight up with her pants down on top of the of the miss Eatam's pelvic region, which was also exposed tour in the process of having intercourse in public view. When law enforcement arrived, Booth forty nine, Eatam thirty seven arrested for public indecency booked into the County jail on a misdemeanor charge. According to the police, the alleged twist occurred in broad daylight in the grass beside the street. In a Facebook post, the police recommended if individuals were tempted to wreck InStyle their relationship with their life partner, they should get a room or go home. Amen to that.
Speaker 2: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, personally, don't care what float your boat. I just don't want to see it. I think that's a fair statement across the board to influence to influencers. Here we go with social influencers. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. They refuse to wear life jackets. They were on a party boat that was sinking. Court of Police. Eleen Tamara morieirad amrim Close now thirty seven years old, and Beatriz Travera's d Silva Faria twenty seven, died after reportedly refusing life saving year because they said it would ruin their selfies.
Speaker 6: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Apparently the problem started with an overcrowded boat was sunk by a wave on a stretch of coast known as Devil's Throat. This all phrasing off the coast of Sal Paulo, Brazil. Police revealed the two women refused to wear the life jackets. Salvin Sente Police Commissioner Marcos Alexandre Alfino stated in the reason Oleen and Beechers did not use the protective gear. According to commissioned Alfino quote, some didn't want to put them on because they were taking selfies. They said ron that they get in the way of their tanning. Close quote. Captain, one of five survivors on the boat said he was ordered to take six influencers to the short despite the boat having a maximum capacity of five. He said the boat was too heavy to save after the wave struck. Okay, the five care see the dog station. You wake up with joint pain? Is it hurt doing the most routine activities? Have your docs told you his time for a near hip replacement surgery? Hi? You know, maybe you just stop what you're doing and check it out. You deserve a life of comfort and needs with no surgery, no meds, and if you are a good candidate for the new treatments offered by QC Kinetics right here in Cincinnati, you should definitely check it out to find out if you are a good candidate. These are the nation's leader and regenitive caust cellular treatments, the technology giving people like you. If you're one of these sufferers, an option other than surgery. All natural appload approach harnesses your body's on healing properties to treat the root cause of your arthritic pain. All above. These days QC Kinetics joint pain treatments are life changing for so many people, and they've had tens of thousands of satisfied patients more every day. You can have real lasting relief from chronic joint pain without drugs, without surgery, without downtime. Learn about your options a QC Kinetics the first consultations free. Find out about it. You know, I'm always saying you to be jaded and skeptical about everything, but you know what, if you're getting ready to go on to the knife, I'm the kind of guy that might pursue some alternative treatment therapies and they've had a lot of success, many people have, So here you go call them up for the free consultation five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one.
Speaker 7: Nine fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween. Got rain likely this afternoon, Sorry for the kids. Hopefully it's uh well, not accurate. It's going to be gusting wins today as well. Seventy five for the high over night clouds decrease Isolator rain as possible dropped to forty seven Sunday for the most part tomorrow with the highest sixty two. Few clouds every night forty one a low and Saturday is a sunny day with the highest sixty seven sixty five. Right now it is traffic time from the U. S.
Speaker 5: Traumphic Center. Count on the expert team and you see health Orthopedic sand supports medicine no matter the injury. Same day appointments are a animals schedule online and you see help dot com.
Speaker 1: Highways not bad at all to deal with so far.
Speaker 5: This morning there is an accident that's southbound seventy one above Wilmington, and I'm seeing no delay. They got by what's left on the wreck on the right hand side. In Bound seventy four is in good shape. Two past Montana chuck Ingramont fifty five krc the talk.
Speaker 1: Station by fifty one fifty five KRSD talk station returning to the stack of stupid infil for to call though. Let us see here we have another selfie incident here. These becoming more and more common. This one Natalie Stitchkova, twenty three years old. She was declared dead six days after falling two hundred and sixty two feet down Tegelberg Mountain in Bavaria, Germany. The fall apparently took place near the picturesque Neus Schwanstein Cancel Castle rather as the Czech athlete was trying to capture what they described as a perfect Instagram snap. Her friend told German media she'd been standing very close to the edge of the mountain when she slipped while setting up the shot in front of the Cantle Castle. Thank you, Michael, I agree, friend who witness who wished her Man anonymous said quote, she fell from a height of about two hundred and sixty two feet. We will never find out whether she slipped or whether a piece of the rock edge broke off close quote. Young woman was alongside two friends and her boyfriend when the tragedy struck. Please describe the incident as a or the route rather as a challenging climb. So maybe a bit of a problem even if you're not, you know, messing around with your cell phone camera anyway. Local media reported that Natalie initially survived the fall with grave injuries swiftly airlifted to the hospital by the helicopter, but due to irreversible brain damage, her family took her off life support. Don't do that. Woman lucky to be alive after jumping a fence Friday at the Berlin Zoo entering the Polar bears enclosure during feeding time, to be subsequently attacked by one of the bears.
Speaker 6: Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, after a long read the line here, After long panicked seconds in the bear's moat with one of the massive animals biting at her backside, the woman eventually pulled the safety treated for several injuries. According to Jack Hannah from the Club of Zoo, speaking with Good Morning America, what she's done here, she should thank the Good Lord she's alive. It's amazing to me. Good point, now, who can argue with that? Jack Hannah. Video of the incident shows the woman thrashing in the bear's moat, attempting to grab life preservers and ropes that are thrown down by the would be rescuers, while one of the bears reportedly biting her rear. End rescuers managers managed to lift the woman out of the water. Seconds later, she fell back again to be attacked by the bear. Rescuers finally able to pull the woman out of the bear's moat taken them nearby hospital. She did not sue the bear for sexual harassment. Show although maybe there's a lawyer out there that consider that theory to have some merit. Don't give them ideas, man. According to jack Anna, maybe they already fed and wanted to batter around some because let me tell you something, that polar bear. In one split second, she would have been the history as right now. Police have no idea why the woman jumped the fence into the enclosure, but did issue her a citation for trespassing.
Speaker 6: Idiots doing idiot things because there idiots.
Speaker 1: And along those lines will end in Gainesville, Florida, with Denisia Shatiria Garner, thirty years old, being arrested after allegedly shaking a playhouse which caused a four year old child to fall head first onto the concrete. Pretty much the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. Yeah, according to the facts. Back noon on October twenty eighth, she was supervising children on the playground at a place called O Two Be Kids in again, gains will fourd. The child climbed to the playhouse and Garner allegedly intentionally shook the playhouse so the child would fall off and the child did. Child reportedly got it, brush himself off, and continue to play with other children, but a few minutes later, the child climbed the playhouse again, and Garner allegedly walked over there to the playhouse and began to violently shake it, causing the child to fall backward and flip over onto his head. Police department responded report of the child fell head first from the height of about five feet under concrete pavement and that the entire incident yes, was indeed recorded on surveillance camera's. Victim reportedly taking to the emergency room, got nine stitches for a deep laceration and scans for internal injuries. Officer report he spoke with a witness and said Garner said she saw Gardner shake the playoffs and the child fall down. Regional manager for the company was there and reportedly told the officer the gardener was terminated from employment because of what she'd done. User reported and made contact with Garner at her apartment. She reportedly said she intentionally shook the playhouse to warn the child not to climb that high. She said the child since she told the cold we keep our feet on the ground, reportedly said she saw the child climb the playhouse again, and that's when she intentionally shook it to scare him. Charged with aggravated child abuse. Bail ten thousand dollars five fifty six fifty five Care City talk station in studio talking energy policy. Bring him account coming up because Kamala Harris is all in for the Green New Deal stuff. So you can kiss your internal combustion engine. Goodbye. Orlando Sons at eight seven oh five. Can't wait for that. We were from Donovan O'Neil at seven thirty and Shenanigan's declaration by activist Kerrie Davis at seven forty, Congressman Warren Davidson eight oh five, and Jay Ratliff at eight thirty. Stick around right back talk October.
Speaker 8: Things are getting crazy by the day.
Speaker 1: This sounding on.
Speaker 3: I'm just waiting on some October surprise.
Speaker 1: Now fifty five krc the talk station. Hey everyone, it's Jay Shatty. Yeah, the fifty five KRCD talk Station. Happy Friday, maybe an extra special Happy an early appearance by all of our mutual friends. Briga McGown from the Hudson Institute, and I hope you follow his podcast. It's Charged Community Conversations. He is an expert on energy policy. He's got an extensive background in that. And uh, he was just in New York on an energy policy issues, having a discussion with an Obama Harris side of the Ledger Green New Deal kind of craft kind of thing. Brig him. It's great. Heaving in studio. You can find his organization online at Hudson dot or also a professor at Miami Universe. All that is correct, I try to be left that a whole lot. If whatever your whole background, be doing a full hour of just talking about all that you've done over the course of your life, so just you know you do it. You do have the requisite skills and knowledge and expertise to speak on energy policy, which is why you were invited to New York in the first place.
Speaker 9: Well, thank you very much. It's an honor to be with you. Although I think this is probably the earliest appearance I've done yet.
Speaker 1: But it's good for you getting up every once in a while. Break. You gotta start your coffee earlier, though, don't wait until six oh six when we're here to start drinking your coffee, which you just did. I'm going anyhow, So what did you learn in New York. It is so obvious by the out loud statements she's made, as well as her background, her on the record expressions of concern over climate change or whatever. Kamala Harris is all in. Whether you can pin her down on banning for acting or not. That doesn't play well in Pennsylvania, as you know. But she seems to be all over the board. But in true, in point of fact, she embraces this stuff and the subsidies, and she broadly takes credit for the so called Green New Deal that cost us so many trillions of dollars.
Speaker 9: Well, she does. And let's remember when she was president of the Senate. As the vice president, she cast a lot of tie breaking votes, including spending all this money on the Green New Deal known as the Inflation Reduction Act.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And that's probably got to go down in history as the most inappropriately inaccurate name for any piece of legislation. I know they do it all the time, but what the hell did that have to do with reducing inflation? It was an inflation inducing bill.
Speaker 9: Yes, it was just a massive spending bill in part which field a lot of this inflation we've been dealing with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and of course the other component of this, and not too many people I think care as much about it as I do. But you go all the way back to Obama and number A one twenty three and Soleindra all part of this you know, growing agenda. They were given taxpayer dollars to support their good or service or whatever the hell they were providing, and they failed epically. That was government picking the winners and losers to the exclusion of maybe hundreds of other companies doing what those two companies were planning on doing. But how is it that they won the contracts and got the American taxpayer dollars and ended up serving as a great illustration of why that is a terrible thing. Market forces would have allowed competition to be selected based upon the well, the merit of whatever they were doing. You know, oh that actually works, Let's go with that one.
Speaker 9: You know, absolutely, you know, and you've just pointed out something that's that's very important. If it's a terrible idea, if it's not gonna work, it's not gonna work. That's the whole point. If businesses either succeed or fail based on a product or service they deliver that people want at a cost competitive price.
Speaker 1: If you do that.
Speaker 9: And I'm a small business guy. You stay in business. You don't do that, you go out except when the government says, well that's okay, Well here's here's one hundred million. You're still going to go out of business. It's just going to take a.
Speaker 1: Little bit longer.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: You got to burn through one hundred million and then you close shop.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, And the other point is, even with all of these incentives that government is pouring into, like, for example, the electric vehicle industry, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Brother, if you don't want to buy an EV, A government can't make you buy an EV. Unless the government, through its actions, bans the internal combustion engine, which through CAFE standards is their stated goal, you can't have. I mean, if they take emissions and you know the laws of physics and the reality of the internal combustion engine, there's only so much you can remove in terms of the tail hype. But it's a preferable and more efficient and I would say more affordable choice to buy an internal combustion engine. Well, it absolutely is.
Speaker 9: And if we took these folks at their word, and let's just all pretend that carbon is the enemy of the Earth and we have to get rid of it all.
Speaker 1: Overnight, suspending reality to do that. But okay, we're playing a game and pretend.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, then you say, look, our goal is to reduce the amount of carbon we're putting in the air and we have to be cleaner. Okay, Well, then let industry figure out how to do that, and you can use different types of fuels while still using the internal combustion engine to achieve that goal.
Speaker 1: Yes, through negation of let's say carbon output at oh, I don't know, a natural gas plant and replacing it with you know it's come and bring them a nuclear plant. There we go. You're going to remove all the carbon and it's a minimal amount from a natural gas as plant compared to the cold days, right, But you get rid of that, and that would allow us to keep our internal combustion engines because overall you've reduced that carbon output. That doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: That's absolutely correct, and I think we all want cleaner air.
Speaker 4: And there are.
Speaker 9: There are harmful emissions that can cause asthma or increase allergies, cause breathing problems. Those are the things we should be concentrating on but leaving that aside for a minute. Nuclear it's where we need to be. And you know, if we stacked up all of the nuclear waste, which some people complain about, it would fit on a football field less than twelve feet high, I said, from the entire country since nineteen seventy one, whatever, all of it.
Speaker 1: And let me go ahead and say this out loud, because if my submariner friend Cribbage Mike is out listening, he will also be the first person to point out that I think all of the ships in the Navy have been nuclear power since what the late nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties. They haven't had any problems with any of them. Well, all the submarines and all the aircraft. Yeah, all the aircraft carriers since since the late sixties, early seventies.
Speaker 9: Some of the smaller ships know, but they're actually powered by aircraft jetting since no kidding. Yeah, yeah, well but it works.
Speaker 1: It does work.
Speaker 9: And so we've got this new concept and Navy folks like myself will kind of snicker and go out, it's not really new. Small modular nuclear reactors SMRs. Well that's what the Navy's been putting in ships and submarines for four decades, right.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, I mean there's obviously the aircraft carriers are not run on a fuel supply that's built on something the size of three mile island.
Speaker 9: You know, it's small, it's compact, and it works, it works, and they have more than one in some cases. But what we want to do, and this is where I have to admit, the nuclear industry has been its own worst enemy at times because every reactor that we have operating in this country, no two are alike.
Speaker 1: That's the problem with the costs, or that's what creates the cost problems.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 9: And then we have a federal agency, nuclear regulatory agency that's spent its entire life trying not to permit. Their job is to permit, no nuclear license. These things enemy, there's no question about it. So the idea is we start carbon copying these things. And they are pretty small. I mean, they're not going to fit inside this room, they're not going to fit inside your garage, but comparing to large scale they are smaller. So the idea is you replicate these things one after another. The design is licensed, so you don't have to go through all that each time, and they're plug and play. You can even know you need more than one. Okay, here three.
Speaker 1: Right next to each other, right or spread around different geographical areas among any population center. At the bottom line is they're much easier to build and one size can fit all, just depending on you know, if you got the land and the I guess the locations swelled to to the power lines. But you know, if you're shutting down a gas or a prior coal fire plant, you just build it right there on next to that space and all your transmission lines are right there.
Speaker 9: It's all set up, and you know you can do that. And I've kind of wondered, like I remember down in Moscow, Ohio. Yeah, just put one there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, just don't do it. They didn't Fukushima build it in a tsunami zone.
Speaker 9: I mean that was the plants problem. That was a people engineering problem, right, Yeah, Like, who's the idiot who chose this?
Speaker 1: What do they want? A scenic landscape so they could look out over the ocean when they went to work. Oh, by the way, we do have tsunamis in Japan and that's in the tsunami zone. Do you guys ever consider that might want to build it a little higher. Yeah, it's crazy, It is crazy. All right, Well, I'll tell you what. Let's stop here because I want to find out because when you're at New York it was sort of a it's an energy policy discussion, with you taking what I would consider the rational approach and the Obama Harris spokesperson going with pushing the the green. I want to get what their take was on the concept of nuclear because of course, you know when the alphabets and the Googles and the Metas of the world decide their artificial intelligence centers can be run by and will be run by nuclear power, and no one in the federal government is saying, no, you cannot do that. I guess it just depends on who you are whether you get good, efficient carbon free power Er six fifteen fifty five K see the talk station Plumb Tight plumbing plumbing done right. Call my friends at plumb Tight. You'd be glad you did. You got a residential plumbing issue problem twenty four hour day, seven day week emergency service when your chandelier is raining la like mine. They got it all. They do a great job, aplus with the better business. Their mission is to provide you with an exceptional plumbing experience. Price will be right. The folks will take great care of your home. The customer service is wonderful. They're great with communication. Never ever had a problem with Plumb Tight Plumbing. And you know, I'd like to point out my own issue with the emergency service most recently, which wasn't an emergency and I told him, But Sunday, middle of the afternoon, wife says, you know, the backflow of I was spewing water. I'll go out there and sure enough call Plump Tight Plumbing or I didn't call them online plumtight dot com. Scheduled the appointment. They got back with me in like five minutes. Everything okay, is an emergency. It's like, no, it can wait.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: They ended up showing up a day later. I just shut the water off to the sprinkler system and everything was fine. But terrific job and oh my god, the guy was so kind and so nice, got the job done in virtually no time and really just a nominal charge. They will take great care of you from uh Northern Kentucky all the way up to Dayton and everything in between. So call them up five one three, seven two seven Tight T I T. E five one three, seven two, seven, eighty four eighty three. Find them online go to plumbtight.
Speaker 7: Dot com fifty five KRC have you heard about this abby Halloween?
Speaker 1: And advance apologies on behalf of other eight. It looks like rain is likely in the afternoon and early evening hours, so hopefully doesn't impact the trick of treaders. Going to be very gusty today as well. Seventy five from the high down to forty seven overnight with maybe a little isolated rain Tomorrow. Sunny sky is sixty two over night, forty one with a few clouds on a sunny Saturday. I have sixty seven sixty five degrees right now. Let's hear about traffic from the u SEE Health Tramphic Center.
Speaker 5: Count on the expert team at you See Health Orthopedics and supports medicine no matter the injury, same day appointments available, schedule online and you see Health dot com. Highway traffic continues to look good this morning, no major problems at all to deal with. Crews are working with an accident on Bethany Road at Liberty Court that's between Cincinnati Dayton and the seventy five overpass.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five to PARC The Talk Station six twenty fifty five KRCIT The Talks Station, Brigham a Gallen in studio. Love the work that Brigham does. You can follow Brigham and check out his podcast, Regularly Charged Conversation Authority on Energy Policy. Of course, we were talking about nuclear being a part of it. Going back to your debate in New York, your you know, sanity versus what I would argue is insanity. Did have someone who is a you know sort of Abama Harris cut from the Green New Deal whole cloth there. What's that person's reaction to just just looking exclusively here at the idea of nuclear power.
Speaker 9: Well, actually he didn't talk about nuclear per se, but what he did say was that he thinks Harris will double down with two priorities for all of our infrastructure, for energy infrastructure, for transportation infrastructure. And he said it's going to be based on two guiding principles. And you can probably guess what they are, Brian, But number one is climate change and number two is equity.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see here, how does equity apply in the area of energy policy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, energy is racist, energy is discriminating. Energy is bad because some people can afford to have it and others can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, well, that I guess lies in the face of the marxisc ideology, the idea that if there is a good or service that you need, that you should pay for it. Do they want to provide Is it free energy for all? Well?
Speaker 9: I think it is removing what they see as polluting, nasty hydrocarbon power plants from people and neighborhoods that are disadvantaged. They are I think, saying behind the lines, without behind the scene, without saying it, that energy is going to be more expensive if we go their way, and so we're all going to have to share, We're going to have to subsidize. You've probably seen in California already there's a wealth acts on energy for people that make too much money. Your bill goes up, and I think that's part of it. But roads and bridges are apparently unfair also, So what I.
Speaker 1: Mean just bye sating that they're unfair. You can't continue with the idea of commerce and industry and the free flow of goods and services in the country without roads and bridges and an infrastructure like that. I guess I'm you know, these platitudes about equity or whatever. What was he offering by way of a direction or what would a Harris administration do to eradicate these so called well lack of equity or the fact that a road is racist in some way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, he didn't go into and that's the other part. They don't They don't really go into it. They have an answer to you. And if we look at the campaign, you know, as you mentioned earlier in the previous segment, Harris has been very careful not to talk about anything. But she she can't talk about anything because anything that she if she said what her policies really were, uh, nobody would be buying. But part of this has to do with this sort of I don't know. New York's a great example. They think the whole country is like New York. We need more transit, we need more commuter rail, we need more bike paths, we need this, we need that. And it is a perception that differs from the Republicans that believe that the energy and the transportation infrastructure is there to enable commerce. The Republicans talk about rivers of commerce freely flowing, removing inefficiencies from the system, the just in time inventory that we created in the US is really the backbone of the economy, and I think under a Trump world, you're going to see these go back to We're going to go back to hard merits. I think under a Trumpetmann stration, where money is going to be put where it serves the country the best and helps grow the economy.
Speaker 1: Which is beneficial to everyone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because the whole point of highways is to get goods and people to market, and goods to market and people to Grandma's house and mobility is it's it's really that simple.
Speaker 1: Well Bringham's we'll bring them back here. Because as to the free flow of goods and services on the nation's highways and byways, we typically rely on the semi tractor trailer. I'm kind of wondering what the green guy had to say about that, because I know there's a big push to go with semis, and from all accounts and everything I've read, that is totally totally irresponsible and impossible and extraordinarily costly. Will pause more a Brigham down from the Hudson Ands too, find them online at Hudson dot org. After I mentioned John Ryan Prestige in tears Interior is getting run in touch with John for kitchen remodeling. It's all he does, really, I mean, for more than thirty years, John has done almost exclusively kitchens. He's had a couple of other projects, and they're probably from folks who had him in to do the kitchens, like oh yeah, can you do you know whatever, the bathroom or something. But in any event, kitchens are his specialty and he is a true partner when it comes to a kitchen remodeling process, from an initial design all the way through final insulation. John keeps the machine well oiled. One stop shopping when it comes with John. You have something you want to change, call John you're waiting for You want to know when the crews are going to be there. John will tell you. John will arrange for the cruise. John will make sure that everything's done to your satisfaction. And I recommend strongly when you're sitting down with John talking about the future of your kitchen, listen to what he has to say. He's got great ideas. With so many years experience, he's seen, you know, bad things that didn't work out. You know, kitchens that he's come into that had problems to start with that. People want to eradicate storage solutions. He's got great storage solution ideas, so we took him up on pretty much everything he recommended us. We love our kitchen and you'll love your kitchen. Working with Prestige and Tiers, which is the same as working with John Ryan. What you're going to be doing a plus with the BBB. He's a sweet guy, so easy to work with. Check them out online. Prestige one two three dot com. That's Prestige one two three dot com. The number five one three two four seven zero two two nine that's two four seven zero two.
Speaker 7: Two nine fifty five. KRC Spooky Hits.
Speaker 1: Channel nine says we're going to have a well, rainy afternoon and evening. This is today for a Halloween gusty wins seventy five for the high overnight little of forty seven with maybe an isolated shower. Sunny sky is tomorrow with the highest sixty two overnight down to forty one with some clouds and a sunny Saturday with the highest sixty seven sixty five. Now, let's see about traffic from the UCUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: Count on the expert team at you See Health Orthophoenix in sports medicine. No matter the injuries, same day appointments are available schedule online at you see health dot com. Highways continue to look pretty good for your Halloween seventy five not a problem at all through blackmun saying for southbound seventy one at Peifer. Crews are working with an accident on Bethany that's at Liberty Court just off of Cincinnati. Date Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSN the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty here fifty five KCV talk station found them on line Hudson dot org and search for charged conversations on your podcast pages where you get your podcast at five caresee dot com. Get Tryheartmedia a Brigham account. In the studio bringing we were talking about transportation and the growing pressing demand by government to force semi tractor trailers to go green and be electric operated. Everything I have read about those makes it sound like one of the most preposterous idiotic ideas. And this is a high bar right there, brother to come out of government. They they will talk about it and inflationary reality. Do you think groceries are expensive now if we got to deliver them in electric semi tractor trailers, all in addition to having to rebuild basically our nation's entire road infrastructure because they waste so damn much bridges would collapse under the weight of an electric semi. Your take on all this and was your Obama Harris Green, person that you were arguing with in New York, did he bring any of this up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: Well, I answered the last question first, No, they don't, right, because you know, it's like, there go those darn facts.
Speaker 1: They get in the way of my policy, right.
Speaker 9: And the truth is that facts beat to policy eat policy for lunch every day of the week. And that's part of the problem is that these policies are not grounded in reality.
Speaker 1: And well, the whole premise of this carbon dioxide as being a problem is not grounded in reality either. Brig them plus these models, I mean, remember you got back to the modeling that said that got us into all this mess. Oh my god, we're all going to die. Everything's going to good. The sea's going to rise and cover New York City. It's going to happen in ten years. Ah, you know, Greta Thunberg is going to have an aneurysm because we're not listening to her, and here we are fast forward a couple of decades. Sorry, you know, yeah, and actually, anyway, I'm sorry. I didn't want to move away from the truck thing. But you have experience, I mean legitimate experience in the trucking industry. Let me listen, there's no real quick before we dive onto this problem that those EV trucks create. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 9: One of my first stints, oh the military and federal government service was as the General Council of the Trucking Agency Trucking Safety Agency at the US Department of Transportation, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, which I know there's some trucker out there right now going oh lord, oh lord. Yeah, you're right. Government is a huge problem. The regulations, the the what you can and can't do, and and folks, if we vote one way, it gets worse. We've the other way, you're going to see significant deregulation and that.
Speaker 1: Would low And it's one thing that I know that Trump could do to lower inflation is this whole idea of getting more access to and refining more petroleum products into diesel fuel to lower the price of diesel alone, would lower the cost of goods because the prices would I wouldn't be as much to ship things.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And you know, one of the reasons why diesel is so expensive today is because of the EPA and the type of diesel that we're allowed to burn. Remember, diesel used to be cheaper than gasoline because it should be because it comes out of the refinery first, it's the easiest to refine. It's basically a kerosene type product. But you know, if I can comment for just a second on the EV thing, Yeah, you're absolutely right because if we look at this, if you have an eighty thousand pound truck that can carry let's say, well about sixty five thousand pounds of a freight, but instead we're going to have batteries that weigh, you know, eight to ten thousand each, and you need two of those. Now I can't carry that much freight. So it's not just that we'd be moving to evs, it's that we're going to have to have a third more trucks on the road. Do you want a third more trucks on the road?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine the congestion?
Speaker 9: Yeah, And when you pass an eighteen wheeler today and it's sitting there stuck in traffic. You're paying for that. You and I are paying for that inefficiency. That's what we're trying to remove, not make more of it.
Speaker 1: Well, and I suppose in the grand glorious future, as prepared by our lords and masters on the left hand side shoving us in that direction, we're not going to have cars anyway. They're going to keep us off in the fifteen minute cities, and so the road will be clear all this traffic so we can have more semis on the road. Ah, you know, you you actually that's vould.
Speaker 9: There's a UC Davis study that came out late last year that they said that quiet part out loud. I love that saying the quiet part out loud. And they said, you know, after we do all this other stuff, it's not going to be enough. We're gonna have to live in smaller houses. We can't have cars, We're gonna have to use bikes. There's no way to get there. And Brian, if you look at every country in the globe history of the world, countries that were energy rich have increased their standard of living, have increased their economy.
Speaker 1: There are no.
Speaker 9: Rich countries that are energy poor. It does not exist. They are only poor countries.
Speaker 1: So how do you make an energy rich and economically sound and successful country, oh, say, like the United States poor? You take away their energy supply, which is one of the reasons I've always argued they don't want us to have nuclear power because it satisfies our ever growing demand for power, It allows us to remain economically viable, and of course it solves the carbon problem. They claim is a problems, but that's the problem that they have. It is the ultimate solution for what they claim to be is the biggest existential threat to the glow. But in the back of their minds, it has nothing to do with climate. It's us that is the threat to the glow. We are an outlier in terms of our success and our prosperity. They don't want the world to mirror our standards by expanding our freedoms and liberties. They don't want that.
Speaker 9: I don't understand why anyone would be against American exceptionalism, right, I fundamentally don't understand that.
Speaker 1: And you see that in Europe. Well, it's unfair man, going back to your equity word, it's unfair. Your system has proven to be demonstrably better. You just talking about energy rich countries, you know they prosper. What the hell happened to Venezuela. There is energy rich as a country can be. They drove themselves into the toilet because they pursued a leftist socialist agenda, and everybody that was worth anything and making any dollars or had any form of education left the country. It's poster bring bring them back. And we got that out of my system. Thank you breaking for indulging me. Six thirty seven. Right now, if you five k Sey Talk station, get in touch with Suzette Low's camp, you'd be glad you did. If you need a mortgage related issue solved, she is the person for the job. The woman I referred my daughter to said, sweetheart, quit working with that bank. They seem to be dragging their feet. Call sus at Low's camp up. Okay, they had two days later, I think it was she had financing and they're happily living in the new place. Love it. So proud of those two, and that's thanks to Susette in a large part. Now, of course, Susette is the best in customer service. I say, of course because I know that and can say that with absolute one percent confidence. More experience than anybody with thirty five plus years in the mortgage business, no junk fees, no application fees, and being with Cross Country Mortgage. I don't care which state you're sitting in. Wherever you need a mortgage taking care of, including my friends in Puerto Rico. She can handle it. So call her up. You'd be glad you did. Really a sweet lady five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. Call her anytime. She'll be great about getting back with you during business hours five one three three one three fifty one seventy six or shooter an email Suzett dot Low's camp that's called Lo s E. Kamps is at dot Low's Camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 7: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Jennedine says, we have a rainy afternoon and evening here on Halloween. Sorry, plus gusty wins seventy five for the high over nineteen of forty seven at a few clouds. Maybe an isolated rain shower Sunny tomorrow at high sixty two, clouds over night forty one, and a sunny Saturday high at sixty seven sixty five degrees. Now time for a traffic.
Speaker 5: Update from the UCL Traumthanks Center. Count on the expert team at you See Health, Orthohedix San Sports Medicine. No matter the injury, same day appointments are available schedule online at u see health dot com. Let's spend two seventy five. Continue to look good past loved one this morning. Making your way towards Montgomery. You're under ten minutes out of Milford northbound seventy five and northbound Forest seventy one. Still in pretty good shape. Across the bridges. Crews are working with an accident on the Bethany at Liberty Court. Just stop the Cincinnati Dayton route. Jock Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six forty two here fifty five kr CD talk station. Brian Thomas with from the Hudson Institute Hudson dot org bringing the gown. He's the energy policy guru, knows a whole lot about it. He's been doing this kind of thing his entire life. And I don't know, you can't reveal you are familiar with hitting the ground running when if Trump gets elected in terms of energy policy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I mean, and if you look carefully at what is what he has said, what is people have said. The bottom line is he wants to reassert America's energy dominance by unleashing our natural resources and our abilities to produce energy because he understands and Mike Pompeios, former Secretary of State, said, you know, when you have energy, you have power. You wield power because people need what you have. When you are energy poor, people your adversaries know that you're weak. It's that simple. And then obviously, by having more affordable energy, we're more competitive in the world for goods and services. We've seen industry returned back to rust belt areas because of the shale play in eastern Ohio western Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: This stuff's real. Listen, I know firsthand about the Pennsylvania component because where my wife grew up on the little farm outside Washington, Pennsylvania, and Avella probably never heard of it. Don't blink when you're driving through you'll miss it. But that's where she grew up and what was an extraordinarily poor community. You know, you either hate a dairy farm or you might have worked in a coal mine. They all have brand new roads, they have brand new cars, They've repainted and rebuilt barns for their farms. Built new houses for themselves, all with the royalty money from the fracking that was done. Yeah, it's improved the quality of life so much in that area. It's it's just amazing.
Speaker 9: And I was talking to both Germans and Norwegians in the last couple of weeks. They're investing in America. Why their companies can't get anything done right right over there. So they are these foreign companies want to invest in the US because of energy, because of the business climate, because of the lower taxes. So the world is coming here. So this notion that we've lost industry forever is not true.
Speaker 1: Well see, and that's the pivoting point for Trump, you know. And when he talks about tariffs, not we'll go down that road, because we're talking about energy policy today. But if the conditions are set up that way, people will gravitate and say, well, hell, let's just go set up shop in the United States. Much in the same way many businesses here decided because of our tax policy and structure, that they would just set up shop like in Canada or something. Remember was it Burger King that Yeah, Burger King left and went to Canada. Ah, yeah, right, Well that's what happened. So can we expect your tea leaf reading if Trump gets elected and his team's put in place, including Elon Musk, which I think you and I both think is a great idea. Can we expect to hit the ground immediately running on this or is it going to require Congressional action? It's kind of a gray area these days anymore. I hate to say that should be very clearly defined.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it is a gray area because you know, Congress is dysfunctional. It's been dysfunctional for decades. Remember back in the eighties, Reagan talked about to do nothing Congress. But we've moved far beyond that to a point where the executive branch fills that vacuum. And so there are a lot of things he can do, a lot of executive actions he can put out on day one, and I expect he will. There are directions he can give to the agency. Remember last time he told agencies, you want to write a new regulation, great, eliminate two and the net cost can never go up. So I think you know you're going to see that type of thing on steroids. I think you'll see the government getting back to the government and stopping to apply all of these labels and subjective decisions. Things will be based on merit. I think the possibility is exciting.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll come back with one more with Brigham account get the final points on energy policy. After I mentioned something that well everybody needs to know about. First a reminder that you have a choice when it comes to your medical care. And if your doctor, and he will or she will say you need an MRI, I need a CT scan, echo cardiogram and ultra sound, a lung screening, cardiac scoring. Everybody's going to get at least one of those in their life. And when you hear that, you're like, okay, off to the hospital imaging department. I better have a lot of money in my bank account, especially after the new calendar year kicks in and you're starting from scratch on that out of pocket liability. Do you have five thousand dollars for a CT scan? Do you want to spend that money for a CT scan when you can get a CT scan at affordable Imaging Services for four hundred and fifty dollars that will include the board certified radiologists report. It'll be done on the same type of CT scan equipment that the hospital uses. They just have super low overhead at Affordable Imaging Services so they can deliver on something still make themselves a profit and prove to you that it's an insane proposition to spend that kind of money in the hospital imaging department. Echo cardiogram, how about four hundred ninety five bucks as opposed to two to three grand ultrasound two hundred and fifty bucks. Yeah, you could be in the thousands at the imaging department for that too. They got lung screenings ninety nine bucks. Affordable Imaging Services, All images come with the radiologists report, no hidden costs, no extra charges, high quality equipment. They've been doing it for like forty years, so they know what they're doing. And I can assure you they do because my cancer doctor got my CT scan from Affordable Imaging Services and that was the foundation for my diagnosis and my treatment protocol worked fine. I wish I had a different result, but no complaints about the imaging, and neither will you five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand Online go to Affordable Edimaging dot com fifty five the talk station at you. Here's your nine first winning weather forecast Halloween, happy one to you, and I hope the kids will get rained on, but it says rains likely in the afternoon hours and gusty wins as well. Seventy five for the High. Canna have these decreased clowns which a little isolated rain, overnight temperature dropping down to forty seven sunny in sixty two for the High. Tomorrow over nine forty one with a few clowns and a sunny Saturday with the highest sixty seven sixty five degrees. Traffic times from the.
Speaker 5: You see how Tramping Center count on the expert team, and you see how thor Freed ex Sam supports medicine no matter the injury, same thing. Appointments are available schedule online, and you see help dot com.
Speaker 1: Highways continue to look good this morning.
Speaker 5: No major problems to deal with as yet, including in bound seventy four. You're running less than ten minutes between the coal Ring split of June seventy five to the seventy five ramp. Brus are working with the rec on Bethany at Liberty Court off the Cincinnati Daton Roade John King bram On five kr LEA talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one coming up with six fifty two to five KOST Talk Station. A couple of minutes left with Brigham McGowan to the Nuts and Institute Energy policy guy. He is with all his years of experience in a broad variety of topics and including his service to our country, which we certainly appreciate. Brigham. Final thoughts as we part company today. I'm going to be getting to Orlando Sonza after the top of the our news Love Orlando. MM. Yeah, I think you know we gosh.
Speaker 9: This election is I think a really important I think we have two paths that are very distinctly opposite of each ow and it's very clear, and I think, you know, at least for energy policy, and I think it's very important because you know, next to the cost of raw materials and people, energy is that third component that goes into manufacturing anything. It's critical to us. And I think you know from my studies and the work I do at Hudson, we believe in a strong energy security policy, which means we have to have access to as much energy as we need that is reliable and affordable' that's the key ingredients, that's the recipe for success. And I'm not opposed to an energy mix, and I think we're agnostic in that regard. If it makes sense and it works and it works for you, great, let's do it. But when a government comes in and says thou shalt do this, thou shalt not do that, it skews. It skews things, and we start creating expenses that we don't need. Look at California and their cost of energy. It is intentional.
Speaker 1: And I mean I always use the line from Brock a bono, your price of gas will necessarily go up, the point being there's an adequate supply. Prices are law. We want you to stop using gasoline, so we're going to force the price to go up. And that's and that's really foolish because I was thinking about this earlier on the break. If if you've spent any time in Europe, you realize that their air conditioning doesn't really cool the air.
Speaker 9: It conditions the air. Why because it uses a lot less energy. You walk down dimly lit hallways. There is this belief by by elitists and others that you can save your way into prosperity.
Speaker 1: That is just not true.
Speaker 9: You know, all you end up doing is making yourself poor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and more miserable and uncomfortable while you're in the process.
Speaker 9: Yes, and it doesn't mean that we shouldn't take heat of the environment. I think we all want, you know, clean air, we all want clean rivers and waters.
Speaker 1: But it's it's hard. You know what I want plants to have plant food. I want carbon dioxide in the air. Yeah, okay, And that's why this is one of the most absurd notions. It's supposedly that's this great existential threat to the globe. The more we exhale them or plants grow and thrive and survive.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I mean you realize too, people aren't buying it because, sorry, climate is ten percent of the voters think it is. It is highly important. But when you walk around talking about this existential climate crisis, and remember the pullar ice caps which are thicker now they were supposed to be gone by twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going back to the predictions.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it just it doesn't work. And you know, it's about control. It's about government control. It's about big government or limited government.
Speaker 1: And too maybe achieve their global worldview on how we're all going to live in these tiny cities and rely on public transportation and never go traveling and never leave our our well. Our little sort of government in post prisons is really what it amounts to. It's really great.
Speaker 9: And meanwhile, our enemies, our adversaries, are taking note at our weakness.
Speaker 1: And they are exploiting the hell out of it. Brig And look at China. Think heep building coal plants, laughing at us taking over manufacturing, manufacturing evs a lot more cheaply since we have all forced them on our populations. China's like, hey, they created a market that didn't exist and wouldn't exist but for their backcrop and saying policies, let's make cheap evs that they can't compete with because they don't have energy to manufacture them. They have all the epa OSHIS standards, rules and regulations and make employments so much more expensive. This is a no lose situation for us. It's a no lose situation.
Speaker 9: And if we're not careful, I call a unilateral economic disarmament, We're going to destroy our own economy. And that makes China even stronger.
Speaker 1: Of course it does. Brigham Agun Hudson dot org. Find him and listen to his Charge Conversations podcast. Brigham, it's always a pleasure having in Citia talking common sense. I appreciate your willingness to come in here and engage face to face. Wonderful thing it is, folks. I hope you can stick around. We're gonna hear from Orlando Sonza and his background does connect with voters. There's an article on that. Well, he got a good endorsement too, Orlando did Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity, hitting the home stretch and Shenanigan's declaration by my guest at seven point forty Carrie Davis local activists saying there's something she uncovered between an Eastreet house and the CEO of Romkey. Stick around. I'll be right back your campaign pitstop on the road to November.
Speaker 7: It's a circus.
Speaker 1: There's always something new happening. Fifty five krs the talk station. This report is sponsored by Your Morning News.
Speaker 9: Gets me ready for the day and all day involved and check in throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station, I KCV Talkstation. Happy Friday Eve to you, extra special day for me on the heels of Brigham Account talking energy policy. Orlando Sonza the best choice possible. You do have a choice when it comes election, Orlando happens to be like my favorite candidate of all offices running across the great United States of America, demonstrably superior background, record, credentials, capabilities and thoughts and ideas for America. Welcome back to the fifty five Carse Morning Show. Find him online and support him Orlandossanza dot com. Good to have you back, Orlando, Brian.
Speaker 10: Always great to be on. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Doing a lot of door knocking lately, are you?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, Hey, we're not letting up. We're five days out right, so we are knocking on every door, pound on the ground.
Speaker 1: And I understand from the reporting people receive you quite well. They love hearing about your background. I love how you've been emphasizing your obligations to your family, putting your family first as all great people should do, home by dinner every night in spite of your heavy workload campaigning or ORLEANSO. And of course your obligations to the Since a veterans, that's a good thing though. You're keeping you, You're staying grounded and looking out for what matters most and setting a great example by doing that. Right.
Speaker 10: Listen, that's all I know. I mean, that's where my priority lives. It's to my family, my wife of now going on almost twelve years, and our four awesome kids under the age of ten. That's where my priority lies.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 10: It's just shocking that we are moving more and more away from putting family first. And at the end of the day, that's exactly why I'm running, because I'm serving them, and by serving them, I'm serving my community. By serving my community, I'm serving my country. So it's a call to service. It's my duty to do so well.
Speaker 1: And one thing, you know, as obviously a responsible member of a family unit, you've got to maintain and properly deal with a family budget. You and I don't have access to printing presses, nor do any of my listeners, so we have to mind our cents. Some are better at it than others. But in the final analysis, one of the biggest issues for everyone, stating the obvious, is the insane inflation. And I know, and I wanted to get your ideas on this because as I've been thinking about I hear what Donald Trump says and I hear what Kamala Harris doesn't say. One of the critical things that can be addressed to deal with realities of inflation first off, obviously could shut the printing press off. But moving away from that, lowering the price of fuel, we can do that by drilling and refining more. Of course, this administration has no, absolutely zero motivation to do any of that. They're running as far away from patrolling products as possible, taking away even our gas stoves and the like. But if diesel was cheaper, if gasoline was cheaper, the next price of goods and services are goods rather would necessarily decrease because the cost of shipping things back and forth would go down. Well that's exactly right.
Speaker 10: And you know, I was just talking to an engineer within Hamilton County about, you know, the new kind of outfit for the Brent Spence Bridge project, and you said that it's it's actually delayed, not because of any sort of planning. But look at the cost the rise of costs when it comes to supply chain, when it comes to transportation, and with that also comes the rising cost of fuel. I mean, when you have to transport goods over from across the country to Ohio to do big projects like the Brent Spence Bridge, the cost of fuel comes as a factor and you don't want to delay these critical, important infrastructure projects because of the rising cost of goods and also energy, and so what do you do with that? I mean, it comes down to good policy out of Washington that we had the opportunity in the last four years to do, but haven't seen that actually come out a while because of the failed leadership in both the Biden Harris administration and then Congress. My opponent included in that they don't want to lower energy costs, and they certainly don't want to lower our utility costs for those families that are doing the hard work of trying to put food on the table and keep the lights on. There was a bill, it was the first HR one. It was the Lower Cost Energy Act of twenty twenty three that would have significantly reduced the cost of energy, unleashed American energy, cut the bureaucratic red tape, and lower those costs for the American people. They failed to do that. The Biden Harris administration failed to lead from the front. Like I always say, Republicans got the message. There was a common sense bill that they passed in the House. My opponent, of course voted no on that common sense energy bill, but that's exactly the problem that we have. We need to restore leadership again, both in the White House and in Congress to past these common sense bills that will actually help the American people well, and.
Speaker 1: In lieu of something sensible that would help all Americans by lowering energy prices. With that bill you diis reference, we got this so called Inflation Reduction Act, which is anything but pumping in an additional trillions of dollars into an already over a water down monetary supply, but also mandating things like you know, electric charging station building, but also the idea that they're shoving electric semis down our throat. No one thinks they'll work. Again, going back to my conversation, we bring them down on this. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but they weigh so much more, they can carry so much less in terms of freight. Bridges might have to be rebuilt to handle the additional weight those things have, and they don't go very far compared to a diesel eungeon. I talk about increasing the price of goods and services. Yeah, it's going to require triple the number of trucks on the road to carry the exact same current amount of products.
Speaker 10: That's exactly right, And you know you touched on another critical point, Brian, It's that this extreme nonsensical idea that the way to fix this hyperinflationary environment is to basically just pour gasoline onto the fire and continue to spend spend, spend out of the federal government and print money does not help. It passes all common sense. It doesn't take a CPA to understand that the way that you reduce the inflationary environment is to actually cut government spending. I mean, look, it was my opponent that his very first position when we faced impending government shut down last this time last year was siding with the Democrat to raise the national debt ceiling with zero cuts in government spending.
Speaker 1: How in the world are.
Speaker 10: You going to fix the problem of our inflationary environment with prices continue to go high by pouring gasoline on the fire and just continue to spend, spend, spend. Again, our federal government that needs to be smaller, not bigger. We don't need to be printing money into oblivion and then just jacking up prices to do that. So again it's common sense policy positions like actually cutting government spending, reducing the size of government unleashing American energy that we're actually going to see prices go down and also create more competition in the marketplace. I mean, the more the federal government tries to step in and through their bureaucracy, their overbloated government bureaucracy, dictate to every single industry how to do ABC and xyz, that is not how you create a free market environment that's going to allow the market to actually compete and then bring prices down. As inflation goes down, we need to actually also bring prices down. We can't just bring inflation down and keep prices high. We've got to bring inflation down and actually reduce prices. The only way to do that is to cut bureaucratic red tape and create a more competitive environment. That's what we're going to do when we take back the.
Speaker 1: Sea, you know. And just pointing all that out or lensing, you illustrated the definition of fascism, which is what the Democrats are controlling the means of production. They are the ones that want to tell every business out there what they can and cannot do, what they have to regulate, how many carbon offset credits they got to buy or whatever, micromanaging every element of business, which creates a level of additional bureaucracy within every business that requires manpower or work effort, and dollars be spent on areas that have nothing to do with the efficient running of any business. It's an extra layer that takes away from profit and reduces the ability of a business to expand and hire new people for allout work that actually generates profit.
Speaker 10: That's exactly right, Listen, there's a three fold problem set here, Brian. Number one is that inflation is high. Number two, prices are going to continue to stay high if we don't fix the policies that are Washington. Number three, though, is that we have to make sure that the American people and small business owners especially keep more of their hard earned money in their pocket and don't just send it to Washington. Again, because they've clearly shown us how they manage their piggy bank and that the more money is going out than actually is coming in. So how do you actually keep more money in the pocket of Americans? Listen, It's through good smart tax policy. And again this is coming from a CPA that understands that good tax policy leads to good social and economic policy. The tax cuts and jobs ac provisions of twenty seventeen that every American has benefited greatly from our set to sunset and expire in twenty twenty five if Congress does not renew it. I've committed on day one we're going to renew the tax cuts and jobs back to twenty seventeen. My opponent has not. He's already committed to not renewing it. What does that mean for the American people, Brian, I mean this talk that, oh, it just helps billionaire and multimillion dollar corporation. No, those tax cuts and jobs as means you're either going to keep getting your two thousand dollars per child tax credit or it's going to go down to only one thousand per child if it's not renewed. That's the difference of whether your standard deduction is going to stay at twenty four thousand dollars married filing jointly, or it's going to be sliced in half to twelve thousand if they don't get renewed. And then for every small business owner that's listening, look, that is the difference of whether you're going to continue to get your twenty percent qualified business income tax deduction twenty percent or whether it's going to be zero if they don't get renewed. And it's telling Brian that the largest advocacy group in the country for independent small business owners, NFIB, has endorsed us in this race for Congress, and not our opponent who sits on the Small Business Committee in Congress. Now that's help.
Speaker 1: That's actually the awesome point, Orlando. And moving over course, the printing press results in obligations and debt service. Debt service in the country fast approaching one trillion dollars a year. That's the interest on our credit card bill, which of course takes away money from other perhaps arguably necessary plans. I mean, everybody's got a wishless Orlando left has one, You have one, we all have one. But it usually takes resources, and they're a finite amount of dollars going in and a finite number of dollars that you can spend as long as you're not running the printing press. They keep running that press. Our debt service goes up so much now that it's more than an American military and that's what I wanted to pivot on American military readiness. I'm very worried about it. And since you served your country proudly as a West Point grad and then on into military service. We're running out of critical munitions because we keep selling them all to Ukraine and of course Israel. Those things are expensive. Those missile defense systems in the country. The company that makes them a couple of million dollars apiece, can only manufacture three hundred a year. We blew through a hundred of them just fighting the hu Thi's in their missile one over to keep the shipping going. It's an unsustainable thing.
Speaker 10: Well, it's not only unsustainable, it's sending the message though to the rest of the world that America is being perceived as weaker and weaker by the day. And it really starts at the top, is that you've got failed leadership again in the commander in chief, in the Biden Harris administration for the last four years, they have contributed to this perception that America is weaker, not just on the global stage, but militarily specifically. And then you couple that with the fact that we've got a problem right now, a twofold problem in our military. Number one is that it's low recruitment. No one wants to join the military because the brass at the top wants to make the military look a lot more like mainstream America that you watch on TV, instead of focusing on the war fighting mission that I was always committed to as a US Army Infantry officer. My wife, Jessica, you know, Brian as they fell West Point Grad also served our country as a US Army officer. Is the war fighting mission is to keep the American people safe by having a lethal military that is ready to engage our enemies across the globe at any moment in time. But you have to have a military that is agile, lethal and ready to act in moments notice to do that. Instead, what you've seen is an atrophy in the military. We actually have the smallest military in decades, you know, and that's a problem when we see all these global conflicts that you talk about, whether it's in Europe or EuroAsia or in the Middle East. I mean, we could have global conflict pop off in any moment's notice, and our military needs to be ready to do that, both resource wise, personnel wise, equipment wise, munitions wise. And so we've got to restore that leadership again in the military to understand and bring back the war fighting mission from the top all the way down. We still have a lot of our classmates, a lot of our good friends that are still active duty field trade officers right now, and they're telling us that, look, there's still very much a commitment of service and duty that is down on the ground level, on the lines, but it's at the top and they're just taking their marching orders the brass at the top from the leadership, the politicians that right now have control of this administration, and we need to make sure that we kick them out and bring back good, solid, true military leadership again from the top.
Speaker 1: And you'll get that support if you elect Orlando Sanza a better choice. Please please help them out. Get in there and vote, vote early and or vote on election day. But regardless, vote Orlando Sonza again. Find them online Orlandossanza dot com. My best to your better half, Orlando, and thank you for spending time with my listeners. I wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope we get to talk after the election about well representative elect Orlando Sanse Take care of my friend. Best of luck, brother, I'll be looking forward to some good news when I wake up on Wednesday.
Speaker 10: Brian, thanks so much onward to victory.
Speaker 1: Take care amen, my friend seven twenty one fifty five cares of thetalk stations don't go away. We got plenty more to talk about it after I mentioned chimney care. Fireplace is so because you need to take care of your safety, please do that. I'm a great example of well, someone who might have had faced a tragedy because my old firebox, the original builder special, was dangerous and and inspection revealed that had no idea used to use that thing all the time. And I guess I'm lucky that I didn't burn my house down or something, because I got the look I got from Jeff key for when he was over looking at my fireplace was one of grave concern. So I quit using and I had him put in a brand new fireplace, insert new lining, everything. It's gorgeous. It's so much better looking just to start with, but it's so much better in terms of everything it's got. You can do that. Have the fireplace insert installed. Maybe you don't want one like I got. I have a gas fireplace. Get a self feeding wood waste pellet insert really efficient and tons of heat. That's an option you always wanted. A free standing stove. Have them install one before winter time comes. But make sure you have your chimney inspected, whether it's connected to a free stander or in your standard chimney firebox. Could be soot build up that can catch on fire, could be water damage up there. They can correct that, relining cap and damper replacement, build you a brand new chimney and fireplace. They do it all a plus with the better business Bureau. Chimneycare Co. Dot Com is where you find them online. The number and please tell Brian said having you call for the U for the safety inspection. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: That'd be Halloween. I hope it's still happy and in spite of the fact it's supposed to be raining this afternoon and into the evening along some really gusty wind. They say the highest forty five miles an hour seventy five will be our high today, down of forty seven overnight, with mayby in isolated range shower possible tomorrow, sunny sky sixty two, a few clouds overy night, down to forty one and on Saturday, the sunny and sixty seven for the high sixty six Right now traffic time from the UCG.
Speaker 5: On Tramphic Center, count on the expert team and you See Health Orthopedic Sands Sports Medicine. No matter the injury, same day appointments are available schedule online at you see health dot com. Cruise continue to work for the accident in southbound seventy five above one twenty nine thatch sides block traffick facts past Monroe now an accident eastbound one twenty nine is ramp to southbound seventy five and in Claremont County.
Speaker 1: Cruise continue to work for the wreck and Williamsburg.
Speaker 5: That's westbound thirty two at McKeever Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty here fifty five KERCD Talk Station by Timas wish you never on a very happy Thursday slash Friday Eve. And let me start off with a thank you to my guest Donovan O'Neil here from Americans for Prosperity. Donovan, welcome back to the program. Like last time, I guess you and I will talk before the election, but I want to thank you for all of the work that you and everyone in Americans for Prosperity has done. I want to thank all of the people that you helped train and encouraged and facilitated to do all the door knocking throughout the state of Ohio, because without AFP action, you know, that resource wouldn't have been there. So a lot of my listeners who helped you out, you know, knew where to go and knew how to get in touch with someone, got the training and went out and engaged with people. We owe you a debt of gratitude because you know, there are a lot of organizations on the left hand side of the ledger that are doing the same thing. So it's wonderful that you've been there from the outset and you've had such great success reading, reaching all the Ohio voters and of course in support of Bernie Moreno, but also other Republican candidates. So from on behalf of all my listeners. I want to thank you for that.
Speaker 11: Donovan O'Neil well, Brian, that's very very kindy and I you know it, yeah, speechless. I mean the work we do happens because of the generosity of donors, right to take a little bit of their treasure and their wealth and part with it from five dollars and up and send it our way to be able to do what we do. But more importantly, the thing you can't get back right is time, and that time that over volunteers, activists, supporters, staff have put in throughout this really critical year of twenty twenty four. It means a lot. But here's the deal, Brian. You know this might be the last time we talked before the election next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: But we don't go away.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 11: I know you're twenty four seven, three sixty five, So the work keeps going even after that critical day of November.
Speaker 1: Oh and of course you know you are a welcome guest on the fifty five carracy morning. Sure to keep people aware of that and to keep that level of engagement high, because you know, just because an election comes and goes doesn't mean there's not a whole lot of hard work to continue to do. That's really really important in terms of the success of this door knocking effort with AFP action that's been go going on now for quite some time. Can do you have an idea of how many people your regular citizens out there did step up and participate. I mean, is it five thousand, was it ten thous I mean, do you have any idea?
Speaker 11: Well, last time I looked, we had about seven hundred folks who have put on the walk of shoes and gone out there and knocked the doors. And you know, those are the folks right who have put in significant amounts of time talking to voters, canvassing and joining us, locking arms with us to make the difference happen. It has nothing to go with the thousands of folks though, who have attended a program or attended one of or get out the vote rallies, or done something with us to help support that those front line fighters right who are on the doors in the communities having those conversations. Of course we need many, many more, But really proud of the team that we've built and the grassroots ground game we've been able to brand to this effort.
Speaker 1: Well in the accomplishments, I think on our last discussion, you're to be three quarters of a million doors knocked on.
Speaker 11: We're going crazy on the doors right now. Right we just cleared nine hundred thousand earlier yesterday. We're we're making a nice clip. I mean, we're we're counting every single.
Speaker 1: Door right now.
Speaker 11: As we get to it's no November fifth, I think we're gonna we're gonna get pretty close to that million for Moreno, but it's gonna take you know, that final push everybody in the last one hundred and twenty hours, last five days to get out there and help us make it happen.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's not too late to increase the number of door knockers. So if someone's got time on their hand and is willing to do so, are they should you recommend them going to a fpaction dot com.
Speaker 11: Hey, you know the you know the bit, Yeah, go to AFP action dot com. Sign up to our team's taking a look. We're keeping track of everybody who signs up to join us to take action. We're looking for one hundred and twenty folks to commit to help us in the last one hundred and twenty hours. We're asking for as you take take one hour, that's all we want. Give us one hour, and of course we'll fill more slots than that if we've got them. But that's the core group we're trying to build to help us right away to the victory.
Speaker 1: On November fifth, it is not too late to help out, and of course it's never too late to help them out financially. As you pointed out, they survive on donations from folks like you. Five bucks, ten bucks, if you got one hundred dollars, whatever you can manage. It's a worthwhile expenditure of money for AFP Action considering the work they do again all year long and demonstrably successful in terms of the outreach. It's just amazing about nine hundred thousand. I really keep my fingers crossed that you reach your stated goal at the outset of a million doors knocked, and I feel confident you'll do that with your help of my listeners and anybody else within earshot afpaction dot com. I'll look forward to our next conversation, Donovan. I hope we are celebrating victory in the name of success and prosperity for our future here in this country. But regardless of the outcome on Tuesday, you'll still be around doing the day to day work on the street. That's right.
Speaker 11: We'll be talking about all the fun stuff going on in Columbus, the state capital that we need to tackle. Good cliff coming in Washington, DC, that we're gonna need regardless of what happens Republicans or Democrats in Washington. We got a lot of work to do to get this country back on track, and we'll be we'll be talking about that.
Speaker 1: Well, Donovan, it's uh, just again I all my listeners agreeing with me to thank you for the work you've done and to pat themselves on the back for the donations and the work they have done. It's not too late. Afpaction dot Com. Donovan fingers crossed brother will be talking again soon. Talk to you then, Brian, looking forward to it. Seven thirty six. If you I've care, Steve Talk Station, continue talking. We will should be a rather interesting conversation Kerry Davis, described as a local activist, apparently a Shenanigan's declaration regarding some information she uncovered between Denise Driehaus and the CEO of Rumky and I love Rumky for what they do. Not going to cast any dispersions on the business, but hmm, well here what Carrie has to say. Coming up next, then after the top of the other news, Congressman Warren Davidson, and of course it's Thursday. God bless iHeart media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe for letting us close out on a usually more happy note, although Boeing's still not doing so well in the news for his Fast and Pro roofing. Love my friends at Fast and Pro. They will take great care of you. And thank you Fast and Pro for my friend Steve. Oh actually his son. You know, Steve has already had the Fast and Pro experience. He's the illustration I use about you don't know what's going on new roof and Steve calls him up to have sighting work done because he knows how great the work is that they do with the sighting, they do exterior projects, so it's beyond roofing. But he got his free inspection while they were there, and uh oh they found some problems on his roof that he wasn't even aware of. He called me up. He's like, oh, thank god I called them because they really saved me a world a headache down the road. So with his great experience at Fast and Pro. During that huge downpour we had recently, his son calls him up. Apparently the roof's got water pourn through it. Bottom line. After he helped him out with that, he said, call Fast and Pro a few days, but they'll be over there and they will take great care of you. They were over there that day, had a crew in the rain solving his son's problem. Now, I don't know if that's case all the time, but you know what, that's the kind of customer service you get from the good people at Fast and Pro. They are honest, honest as a day is long. They'll never try to say something you don't need. They'll never tell you need a new roof if you don't need one. They'll fix and keep you through during difficult times. So call them up with confident. It's a plus with a better business. Uereau. I know the folks very very well at Fast and Pro and they replace my whole roof and the gutters, gutter guards. They do custom metal work, they do sighting and other exterior projects and it's done better than anybody else. So you start with honesty, with a free roof inspection and free quote, and you get the best in the business doing the job. Five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five Online Fast and Fast and fastenproroofing dot Com fifty five KRC The Talk station men over forty five. Do you have a frequent.
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: It is you're nine first forty one afore cast. Sorry for the Halloween trigger teater kids tonight and happy Halloween tea anyway, But it looks like it's going to be rainy beginning this afternoon, along with some very gusty winds. I heard forty five mile an hour, so seventy five for the high forty seven. Overnight clouds will decrease median isolated shower apartment or mostly sunny tomorrow and the highest sixty two. Got a few clouds overnight down to forty one, and Saturday is going to be a sunny day sixty seven to four a high sixty five degrees.
Speaker 5: Right now, let's hear about traffic from the u See Health Tramping Center. Count on the expert team. You See Health Orthopoedix SAM supports medicine no matter the injury, Same day appointments are available schedule.
Speaker 1: On mine at you see health dot com.
Speaker 5: Southbound seventy five continues to crawl from Aboveman Road to an accident above one twenty nine west sides blocked menarek He's found one twenty nine spran to southbound seventy five northbound seventy five heavy between Buttermilk and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kros the Talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRSD Talk Station, A very happy Wednesday too, or Thursday lost to day the elections next Tuesday, I know that, And welcome to the fifty five Carssee Morning show. Local activist Carrie Davis with what we like to Coke jokingly refer to Carrie on the fifty five Carsse Morning Show as a Shenanigans declaration. So I'm calling what you're doing a Shenanigans declaration over Denise Treehouse and apparently her relationship, which you call in a question with Rumky.
Speaker 2: Just let you know.
Speaker 1: I Carrie, nothing against what you're saying here, and I want you to let my listener know what you're talking about. But I got a lot of I mean, I love Rumky because they take my garbage away. And without Rumky or someone taking garbage away, I can't imagine what the world would look like. I've seen New York when the garbage collectors go on strike. So we need to manage and deal with our way. So Rumky is always the bill that I'm happy to pay. That doesn't mean they don't need to run their business properly, which leads us over to what I'm calling your Shenanigan declaration. So enlighten my listeners on what you have uncovered.
Speaker 12: Okay, so can you hear me?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Bottom clear?
Speaker 12: Kerry, alrighty. So you really can't blame Rumky for running their business the best way they can. That's not the problem. The problem is when you have a corrupt politician who's willing to sell out residents and not do her job. And so I think Rumki did their job. I don't like it, but that's their job. Denise accepted about eight thousand dollars in donations from Rumky and Rumky's lawyer, and it was within months of her settling a lawsuit behind closed doors where Rumky challenged rules to be implemented in Hamilton County and these rules not having rules, and Denise gutting the rules that were provided to her by Sierra Club Legal Women, Voters, OXPO, Rivers, Unlimited, Cardinal Land Conservancy. All these organizations put together a fair and reasonable rule for Runkey to operate their facilities with less pollution and less negative impact on neighborhoods, and Denise took that rule and went in private quarters and negotiated and gutted the rule completely. And because of that, for example, we are the trash capital of the United States of America. We are the only county in the vicinity that he has no rules to protect residents East Palestine. All the toxic waste Denise Palestine was dumped in Hamilton County. When Claremont County sued and cleaned up the hands of this waste site, all that waste was taken to Hamilton County and dumped in our backyard. So we are getting the trash and all the worst of the trash from all over the region because Denise tree House took eight thousand dollars and her campaign fund and gutted the rules that protected residents.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the order of things, I think as you initially stated that the rule that you presented are these groups presented to her was gutted and other rules went into place, and then the campaign contribution was received. Is that is that how that worked? Rather the money showed up first, then the rule was changed.
Speaker 12: Correct, Which is interesting because the United States Supreme Court did made a ruling earlier this year talking about how it's not a quid quo unless the money is paid after the action is taken, and that's exactly what happened here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're is this sounds to me like something in Algus that the city council went through with the pg Sittinfald kind of thing, sort of a you wash my hand, I'll wash yours. You give me some campaign money, and I'll be happy to try to get your project through. Is that Is that the kind of the relationship you're suggesting.
Speaker 12: No, this is far worse. This was far worse in my opinion, because this went through a process over the course of two years where everybody, everybody but Toni and Runky wanted these rules implemented. Remember, in nineteen eighty the federal government gave every county the authority to have rules to regulate land sills in a safe manner. Hamilton County is the only one who never passed any rules. Now, part of this was because Rumky was on the committee that oversees Rumki in the county. Since nineteen eighty we had eight people on our committee when the law said you can only have seven. The eighth member was Bill Rumky himself. So the first thing I did in my research project was I told him, you either resigned from this seat or I'm going to take you to court and make you resign. And they resigned and Denise was defending them. Then later on we found out the other person on the committee is a paid consultant of Rumky. So the guy Rumky paid Tony Depuccio to help them with special projects was sitting on the committee that makes the rules for landfills and had a direct conflict of interest. Now, what Denise did do was canned three other members of the committee who voted for the rules. Tony Depuccio was against them, and Denise was against them, but she kept Tony Depuccio wanted to keep Rumky, and canned three other people who voted for the rules, but it still went forward, was approved by the commissioners, and it was really weird. U Joe Dieters. He took a lot of money from him too. John Cranley took twenty five thousand when he was in office and then removed a woman named Sue Mangus from the committee who had voted for these rules. For us to have rules for the first time in county history when everybody else has had them for decades.
Speaker 1: Well, iding you're trying to connect the dots on that, there may certainly be Shenanigan's question though your grew you're these activists? Whoever the folks are they mentioned? Did the dom greater? Since community groups? Is here a club all the ones you mentioned? You proposed these rules, But isn't that like I guess I if I had any knowledge about, you know, managing landfills, I personally could have proposed something. What obligation did this committee have to adopt what you were proposing as opposed to something else.
Speaker 12: It went through a process where it was proposed, it was tweaked, it was worked on, and then they went to a vote, and when the majority votes to approve it, then the next step is it goes to the county commissioners. It went to the county commissioners and they voted and a majority voted to pass it. Then Rumki filed a really bogus lawsuit to try to stop the rules, and that's when Denise went into the back room and gutted it and took out all the protections for residents in order to I feel did a campaign contribution and to make friends with people she overseas.
Speaker 1: Now, is there any open meeting obligations going back to I'm trying to draw this parallel with the City of Cincinnati just because it sounds comparable in any ways. But you remember the Greg Landsman Gang of five kind of stuff. They were having these independent, off record meetings and violation of the open meetings rules and were held accountable for that. Is there something that Denise tree House may have violated by way of similar rules? Because I don't know what rules apply to the commissioner's activities behind the scenes.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure that she. I don't know that she violated a rule on negotiations because he was in a lawsuit. There are special rules, you know about secrecy you're allowed to have. But what Denise did was the Solid Waste Policy Committee, which is a county wide committee established by law, and they're the ones who actually proposed the rule and passed it. They hired their own legal council to shepherd their law through their rules through. Denise Treehouse refused to tell them anything about what was going on. When the lawsuit was to stop the Solid Waste Committee from implementing rules and enforcing them. So there's a video I have. I went to every single meeting and online there's a video where that Sue Magnus, who represented the City of Cincinnati, is begging Denise to please just give her a copy of the legal opinion, and Denise refused to give her the legal copy. The county administrator refused to even give the committee member serving the county a copy of a legal opinion that allowed her to gut these rules.
Speaker 1: Well, Carrie never was all right that I like transparency. That sounds like they're lacking transparency. So I support your efforts to get documents that are related to this. Carrie Davis. I guess this isn't the end of it, and we may be speaking more to the extent you find out more, and I guess as legal developments may happen. But I appreciate your joining the Morning show and explaining what's going on in your perception of this, and transparency is always the default way to go in my mind. So Carrie, good luck with your efforts and we'll, I guess find out down the road how this thing shakes out. It's been good having you on the program. Happy Halloween to you, all right. Thank you, sugar pie, Thank you, seven fifty two fifty five krusty toxic. Never been called that before. It was very nice. US Intilation an awesome product. It's a good yeah. You know, Peter should bring my buddy from Caller Williams. He's posted need to do to make your home more energy efficient. I just writted off a few things, one of which USA's Premium foam. My whole attic is still with that, my brand new roof, and they got as like eighteen inches of this foam, and that space up there is the exact same temperature as my house. I don't care what time of year you're up there. That is superior insulation. And that's not the only place we have USA as a sound deadening product. In between the bedroom walls in our house that was a late edition of the house because they had no insulation, and you know what drywalls like. You can hear what's going on in the next room. Draw your own conclusions. Not an issue in my house, and it hasn't been for years. But the primary reason you get USA's Premium foam in the exterior walls is to save you money and improve your comfort. Older homes and homes built before mid seventies could certainly benefit from the superior our value, highest our value foam on the market injected into the your exterior walls. Any kind of home brick, brick on block, shingle, stucco siding that got you covered. Nobody knows you they have been there, and you will know every month to get to your HVAC related energy bill, it will be lower. The product pays for itself, and you're eligib makes you eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit. That's like taking twelve hundred dollars off the top. It's a free quote and free inspection. If you're under insulated, they'll tell you that. Five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one Foam online, USA Insallation dot Net.
Speaker 7: Fifty five krcos.
Speaker 1: Getting ready for work at all day in fault and check in throughout the day. Fifty five krc D talkstation to Shibato five Here at fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Friday Eve and Happy Halloween to everyone. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, although it doesn't look that way. Someone who always cooperates and someone who's filled in a land which is specifically the district eighth District Congressional district here in Ohio. A bunch of garbage people in there, humid garbage. According to Joe Biden, welcome back, Warren Davidson, Congressman Davidson, It's always a real pleasure to have you on the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely, my honor. Thanks Brian, nice to talk with you.
Speaker 1: They really flipped around that garbage thing that Joe Biden laid on, didn't they.
Speaker 8: President Trump was so good with the garbage truck, hopping in it and this team put it together. And if you watch the monologue where he's just describing to the crowd what he did and how it came about. I mean, it is just how do you know?
Speaker 1: I love this guy? Yeah, so do why I and a guy had on earlier. I just think the world of Orlando's sons. That he was out working the garbage truck as well the other day. I think that's a good political figure. It's like Trump working the McDonald's fry fries and drive through anyway, pivoting over too well, you're can I just really quick get your perception, your take. Are you optimistic about Tuesday? I'm a little reluctant to express any belief one way or another because you know, I don't want to get my bubble burst. But this is just this is the most crazy election cycle that I have ever witnessed in my fifty nine years on this planet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, I think the momentum is definitely going towards the Republicans. I mean, I think like ninety nine to one Republicans take the Senate. I think sixty forty maybe two to one, little better than you know, sixty forty that President Trump wins, and franckly I think he will win. The concern I've got is is a lot of people. I haven't found anybody that is completely confident we're going to have a clean election. Well, there's a lot of concern about election integrity issues there. And then the thing that really has gotten very little coverage overall is the control of the House. The reality is that's probably going to be the most competitive. I think only fifty two to fifty three percent confident that Republicans stay in the majority in the House. I mean, We've got a lot of very competitive races around the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why it's so important to consider all of the candidates when you're voting, not just the presidential candidate, go all the way through the down ballot candidates. And of course the judicial races are extraordinarily important, and we hope to preserve law and order in this country. Let us pivot over to one of the most critical issues in the election, and of course, Biden and Harris literally own the open borders that have been around since Joe Biden's first day in office of the executive pen, undoing everything that Trump did to try to secure the border. And of course the aftermath, which has been a wave of tens I mean fifteen million, maybe twenty million illegal immigrants. It's having a profound impact. We started hearing about it first, and of course border towns l Passo, etc. Then it kind of crept over to you know, call it towns in California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and Chicago also the recipient of tens of thousands of illegal immigrants. But it's also very close to home. Lately, Lachlan has been making national news. Three thousand plus Mauritanians overwhelming a town of only thirty four hundred residents that's in your congressional district. But you used to have Springfield in your congressional district before the district's change, so you've got some familiarity with the problem in too local towns. Can you talk about that and what we need to do to address it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, look, the federal role is to secure the border. I mean, Ohio doesn't have a lot of role in securing the border. You're counting on the federal government do their job and do that. And you're seeing the consequences of Biden's policies, Harris's policies. They come in, they campaigned on changing the policies at the border and told them what was going to happen, and they knew they were designing him. Not in spite of the implications. They did all this because they wanted to facilitate this invasion of our country. And you look at a town like Lachlan, not a big city, essentially double the population and they're legals. I mean in Springfield you've got Asians who are you know, people say, yeah, there's a real problem in Haiti right now, legitimately refugees safe third country. There's a couple other small countries in the Caribbean or safe places in the Caribbean to go to. But okay, America is nearby, and they've been given temporary protective status by the Biden Harris administration, so you can treat them as legal. They're refugees. You could debate about whether that should be the case for everyone in Haiti and whether you should adjudicate all that in America. That's the Springfield issue. But look how many safe third countries they are between Mauritania and the United States. Yes, these people aren't legal when they're not even even by the Biden Harris administration, which is ridiculously generous on all this stuff. They're not given temporary protected status by them. These are illegal immigrants overwhelmingly, and they've made their home in Lachlan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I appreciate Randy Tucker from the Inquire breaking this down. He interviewed one of them in Lockland, a West African from Mauritanian. And here's this guy's in his family's trip from Maritanian Africa over to Turkey, then Nicaragua, then Al Salvador, then guatemal through Mexico where he crossed the border on the southern border. How many countries right there that they had gone through before that, he and his family went through before they finally got here. The point being under the current law, isn't it still the law that if you go through another country that could keep you, you have to stay there and we won't take you.
Speaker 8: Well, look, that was the remain in Mexico policy that Donald Trump had, which is like, if you want to claim asylum in America, you wait wherever you're at or in a safe third country to claim asylum. You know, you don't come to America and get to wait here while your claim is adjudicated. And the process for doing that is years long. So they're letting people into the country, no easy way to track them, or they'll set a date some point in the future and say, oh yeah, you know, come in in a you know, a year, and no one shows up. Right, Who's shocked by this? So this is a huge problem for the country. And this is why you know Donald Trump, Jet Vanser is saying, look, you got to get these people out. If you came illegally, you got to leave. It's not really debatable, and.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a challenge, and this is something you're probably going to have to dress legislatively. We can say, we need to crack down and deport folks who are here illegally, but they are entitled under our loss of this hearing. It's sort of a determination of whether they have a legitimate reason. It can't be economic. It's got to be some sort of oppression or like sort of rigis or religious attacks, something where the person has been targeted and is therefore unsafe and fearful of their life or something to even have a justification to be here. But so many of them admit right there on the border, why are you coming here? Well, because my country sucks economically. I came here to try to get a job that doesn't pass muster and immigration hearing.
Speaker 8: Does it, No, it doesn't. But trankly they're being coached. I mean the United Nations, numerous nonprofits. They're out there giving information to people.
Speaker 1: All over the world.
Speaker 8: There's YouTube videos that have watched millions of times to try to train these people on here's the magic phrases that you say that let you come in America, sign up for more free stuff from the US government. And for some of these people that are getting more money from the US government than the median income in their country. So of course it's a magnet. People are drawn here. They would be drawn to America anyway without all that stuff. And even in the most generous case and illegal, everybody does everything perfect. We set caps for a reason because you don't want to overwhelm communities. You look at Springfield, Ohio. You know they've got fifty thousand people. They bring in roughly twenty thousand new people. Let's say one hundred percent of them are there legally, and all of them are legitimate refugees that are overwhelmed. And so you have to set rational caps because you want people to integrate into a community, You want them to integrate into the country. It's e plurbus unum out of many one, not e pluribus plurbus out of many many. You know, you want the country to become united again, and that's why we have rational caps well.
Speaker 1: And it also illustrates even if you don't want to have some sort of cap, it illustrates the lack of sort of planning. You can't just throw thousands of people into a community that doubles the size. That the resources are not there, they can't be there. The tax dollars aren't there, the schools are overwhelmed. The translators aren't necessary in order to have children get educated. They're entitled under the current in the state in the United States to have access to and get a publicly funded education. Well, if you can't, you can't teach them in a classroom because they don't speak English. Guess what resources get diverted over to, you know, English as to be a second language class, getting them on board in terms of how to speak English absent that they're never going to learn the materials in school. They're going to sit there with their eyes with their mouth open, wondering what the hell is going on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I tech with folks in Springfield, and they're being told that, Look, math is hard enough to teach kids, and you've got a certain number of days in school because of that, right, And so what they're being told though in Springfield is now you have to teach the Haitian kids in the same classroom as the American kids, or you're a racist.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: They can't even speak enough English to find their way to the bathroom. So what they're being told is just use Google Translate, you know, say the things that you would normally say to the American kids in your class. And then use Google Translate to spit out some French creole that may or may not be math calibrated, and everyone's going to learn math. Of course, it takes away from everyone, not just the Haitian kids who are going to find it difficult to learn, but the American kids aren't getting the time that they need to learn the subject matter. So it really is a disaster, and that's why you have problems. And look, there are people that say, well, you just need more money, give money to these communities. Well, no, let's get rid of the people that are there illegally, because otherwise you turn every little city in America to just what the Biden Harris administration wants is you turn everyone into a sanctuary city. Not because places like Lachlan sought that out, but because they're forced to cope with this problem. If you just send money and instead of removing the people that are there illegally, it becomes a de facto sanctuary city.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's another massive expenditure in an already overwhelmed budget, just one more line item on a list that has put US trillions and trillions of dollars in day. We're getting we're getting ready to hit a trillion dollars in debt service payment, which is just mind boggling. So, I mean it's another expense and factor and everything else on top of that that we lack housing, and the housing problem is exacerbated just tremendously by this well almost immediate inundation. You just can't find room for people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, that's right. I mean people will say, oh, why is housing more expensive, Well, it would be more expensive because of the inflationary measures that have gone on in the country. Thankfully we didn't get the five trillion dollar you know bomb of build back better and the only one trillion dollar inflation bomb. But if you flood the country with more people and you have a set rate of growth on housing, it didn't take a genius to figure out that more demand on a same set of supply equals higher prices.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: So that's that's one of the most basic observations in housing.
Speaker 1: And this impacts people across political line and across races and colors. Some people consider this border security policy or deportation ideas is racist, but I've heard a lot of people. I've seen it online, I've seen meetings, town halls, Folks in New York City, many black folks standing in a room screaming at the authorities about how their resources are being soaked up by illegal immigrants, how neighborhoods have deteriorated, trash, you know, human I just it transcends political affiliation. This is a true problem that's hitting every budget across the America.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, look, it is actually part of helping Republican momentum, and frankly people that are supporting President Trump that don't normally because if you look in communities and urban centers that are being flooded with illegal immigration, you know, lower wage folks for people that do want to work, Like originally the Asian immigrants came into Springfield because they were willing to work. Well, they're driving down wages because you've got a new supply of people that are willing to work for low wages, and that hurts the community. You've got people that to the extent that there are people there that do want to be working in those wages. It drives the wage down and holds wage growth down. And you need real income, the amount after inflation that you take home. You've got to have the take home pay to go up to deal with the cost of living. If everyone's dealing with that, you know, things cost a lot more. Even if the rate of increase is slowing down, the prices are going lower, they're still very high and wages haven't gone up enough to keep up with that. And part of that is you're flooding the market with all this extra labor.
Speaker 1: Let's pause real quick. I'll bring it back for another minute or two because I know you're you have very profound and strong opinions on the FED and crypto assets. We'll do a couple more minutes with Congressman Warren Davidson. Real quick word for my friends at Foreign Exchange though Austin of the team at Foreign Exchange Westchester location, are waiting to service your imported car traditional import manufacturers. You got it from BMW's and Porsches and Mercedes over to do anything manufactured in Asian company our country, also Volvos, you know, everything if it's imported or traditionally important. They got data access to your manufacturer's technical information through software updates and programming. They also now serve as Tesla. Their team has been trained to service Tesla's that's the first EV manufacturer they're working on and of course they're going to expand that down the road. But that's a brand new development for Foreign Exchange. So take the car in there. Why there versus the dealer money save a heapload of money. They don't charge nearly as much as the dealer to service your car, and they are outstanding of what they do. Team at Foreign Exchange West Gester. You can find them by going seventy five south or north. Just take the Tylersville exit and go east just two short streets. Hang right on Kingland Drive online find them at foreign xformthletterax dot com to call that Westchester location, please tell them I said hi at five one three six four four twenty six twenty.
Speaker 7: Six fifty five krc Hello, I'm Victor Gray and I'm Colin Hurst.
Speaker 9: We want to invite you to listen to Victor Gray Financial Services, Money and Retirement Show Help, a.
Speaker 1: Twenty three fifty five KRCD talk station in Barntoms with the Congressman Warren Davidson. It's a couple of brief moments to talk about the idea of the FED and also crypto asset's. The old idea of cryptocurrency is just baffling to me. Ones and zero's use this currency. It's all electronic. I understand blockchain enough to know that it's really good security. But where are you on this, Congressman Davidson.
Speaker 8: Well, look, central bank digital currency. The idea that the federal government would do it is not blockchain. It's not a distributed ledger. It's just a centrally managed database managed by the government. And this is an idea. Look, the Federal Reserve is building this out right now this fall here, I got to travel to Europe to talk to the European central bankers in London, in Brussels, and in Basel, Switzerland. That's the Switzerland's basically the central bank for the other central bankers. They move all their money through there. They're all working on.
Speaker 1: The same time.
Speaker 8: They want to basically take over the money supply, so that the central bank is the issuer of the currency. And this has huge implications for our small community banks that would take the deposits off of their books and put them on the direct direct accounts with the FED. And it really could be filtered controlled. They call it programmable money. They act like that's a feature. I haven't found constituents that want this, but in Congress, when we voted on banning central bank digital currency, we only had two Democrats oppose it say yeah, we want to ban it. The rest of Democrats say.
Speaker 1: No, we're for it.
Speaker 8: And when I was meeting with the regulators and it was Republicans and Democrats that made the trip, the Democrats are like, yeah, we love the globalist bankers. We want to be just like the Europeans. We want to do things that are great for the European Union in bed for America and the strength of the US dollars. So I think it's a disastrous idea. On the other hand, you look at bitcoin. It's the six tenth the anniversary of the launch of the Bitcoin white paper. I just posted a tweeto on at Warren Davidson about it, and you could read the white paper. This is the whole idea is it's a different way of establishing trust than a central database. Very secure value of one bitcoins about seventy two thousand dollars today, and you know I took office in twenty sixteen was less than a thousand. So I've been talking about, hey, this is a difference. Is a smart thing to do? You think seventy two x since I just came into Congress, would say, maybe somebody would start to pay attention to this, But we still have people trying to block private self custody of digital assets, and you still have people forcing that they want total control over your money. And that is the contrast freedom versus tyranny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I suspect that it built into that component of the Federal Garment's cryptocurrency is that they'd probably be able to know what we spend our money on and where it is and everything about us. It seems to me probably a privacy invasion component. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, I mean right now, your bank spies on you. That's not unique to America. Everywhere in the world. If your banks don't spy on their customers, they don't get any banks. But that's a third party. And in the United States, they're at least supposed to go through the effort to get a warrant or a subpoena if they want your specific information. We found numerous cases where that's not the case. That's the concern, But you still have cash, it's not completely illegal. Central brty digital currency would be every single thing that you spend money on. The central authority would know who's spent what money and with whom exactly every transaction. They would know all the details on right now. You know, they might know you spent one hundred dollars at Walmart, but they don't know what you bought at Walmart without extra trouble. They have to go to Walmart to find that out. And that's a feature to some of the people. They say, well, we could know more details. You could just get it all in the database, just to keep you safe, you know, like the page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right. Congressman Warren Davidson a solid man with a solid lock on his job, doing a great job for the eighth District and for all Americans. Keep up the great work, my friend. Hopefully next time we talk we'll be talking about some really positive good news in terms of the direction of the federal government.
Speaker 8: Yeah, from your mouth to God's ears. You know, God never needs a majority, rarely uses one, but we need one in the House to senate the State Supreme Court. We need to know on issue one and we get to flip the House and need guys like Orlando Sonza to win.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Thank you for your time today, and we'll keep our fingers crossed for Tuesday. It's a twenty five sure thing anytime. My friend Jay Ratliffe up next day right here, I fifty five Kerseit talk station Joe nine says it's going to be a rainy Halloween. Man. They say, rain shows up this afternoon and it's likely well al with some very gusty wins. I heard Gus's highest forty five miles an hour, seventy five for the high forty seven overnight with some clouds and maybe an isolated shower sunny tomorrow sixty two over an eight little forty one with a couple of clouds and sunny on Saturday, going up to sixty seven at sixty seven Right now, traffic time. Chuck from the UCL Tramphing Center.
Speaker 5: Count on the expert team at you See Health Orthopedic sand supports medicine no matter the injury. Same day appointments are available schedule online at usee health dot com. Sat Pound seventy five continues to run close to an extra hour due to an accident above one twenty nine left side is blocked off slow again through Bakland. There's a wreck east found on the sixth Street Viaduct near Dalton. Chuck Ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty one. If you give up KRCD Doc Station Friday Eve, you get the pleasure and the benefit of talking. iHeart need the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe every week at this time. And welcome back, Jay. Love having you on the Show's been pleasure.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Congratulations on this stock trade there, buddy, at nine minutes it was it.
Speaker 4: Was I'm training my students and occasionally I've got time to look over my shoulder and yeah, yesterday grabbed a stock and sold it, grabbed it and sold it in what under nine minutes for about thirty four hundred dollars. To me, I've told you that the worst.
Speaker 1: Thing you're done is you're done all nine minutes.
Speaker 4: All nine minutes. But yeah, look, the less time my money's in the market, the more I like it. But it's interesting because I've been asked a lot of times about, hey, is the market predicting who's the next President's right? Where's the money going? And you know what I do is I keep an eye on the energy stocks because there's trillions of dollars that's going to head in that direction. If Trump is in fact elected as president and right now, not a lot of it is going in that direction, nor is a lot of it flowing out. So the market's still seeing. Everything is very close and not really telling. But you know, if Trump is victorious on Tuesday, which I certainly hope that he is, the energy sector will certainly get a boost because he's a very energy friendly president. Yes, he tries to get us back to that, you know.
Speaker 1: Energy independent, and of course that's one area of the inflation reality that he can change by lowering the price of gasoline, by drilling more more available on the market. That's an easy, simple economic lesson. I would argue that in some way, shape or form, the military industrial complex also may either benefit or be harmed, depending on who gets into office. But I saw Boeing, every little bit counts, and in terms of bad news, it just keeps piling up for Boeing. Here's my curveball for the week for you Boeing. Boeing hikes soap dispenser prices by eight thousand dollars. Bottom line, they've gouged the Air Force with one million dollars in overcharges for one single aircraft to see seventeen over a four year period. And that's kind of scratching the surface of it. But more bad news for Boeing. Maybe this is something Elon Musk can fix if he's in charge of getting rid of waste and abuse.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, the libertarian side of you, which I side with frequently, you look at some of this stuff and you're just thinking, Okay, government's got a role, but it's got to be as efficient as it can. And when you see this kind of stuff, you just shake your head. And it's when you have examples of just that's not gouging. That's to me, that's just criminal. When you are going to that extreme to take advantage of a situation, it's because you feel like you can't be fired. You feel like you've got the job forever, and you're going to make decisions. And Boeing's proven it time and time and time again, almost as though they're going to operate out of a sense of arrogance. And that bothers me a great deal. You know, you've got the airplane that came apart, You've got the spaceship that had the issues, you got one of their satellites that blew up in orbit. You've got all of these things that are taking place that have the Boeing label slapped on the side of the of it, and they just seem to be going along as though, you know, nothing's really changed. And it's sad because Bowl used to be a great company.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 4: Now they're a company that is anything but great. And some of the decisions we see with aircraft or as you indicated, on the defense side, makes you think, is anybody holding these people accountable? And I think the the you know, very loud answers no.
Speaker 1: Well, this this does show what a little accounting oversight can do. The AG did the did the analysis and inspection revealed all this. We need more of that in every area of government. Let's pause. We'll bring Jay Ratlive back to talk about new rules that for refunds. We've got don't jump in front of the line and we got a passenger suing Jet Blue oddly over an ice cream sandwich. Plus ub delays more with Jay Rattlifte stay right here fifty five K City Talk Station. Well we still have smapped our projects stuff rather that has He is iHeart Media AVAH expert. He's nationwide and we spend time with them every Thursday for a few segments, which is really kind of a highlight of my week because you know, you make it really easy to transition My favorite day of the week day Friday. So let's have some fun, please. So I guess the airlines are not happy there's now an automatic refund rule. So explain how this came about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, again, the Department of Transportation under Joe Biden is going after airlines. And I've told you before, I will get on the administration for all the stupid things they do, but when they do anything right, and this is about the only thing I've seen. They're trying to force the airlines into better customer service. And they're saying, look, if you have a canceled flight or a severely delayed flight, and they defined it so there's no speculations, you know, subjective nature. Here three hours for a domestic flight, six hours for international flight. If the delays exceed that, then you have to at least offer a refund for passengers if they don't take those flights. And because the flight's being delayed or canceled. Now, in the past, airlines would give us those vouchers. And I've talked about the vouchers for years because the vouchers have normally a one year expiration date, and they know about eighty five to ninety percent of the people or more will not use those vouchers within that timeframe. So imagine writing a check to a passenger that they don't cash, and that's what many of those vouchers are. So the government is saying, look, if you've got a cancel flight or a severely delayed flight where somebody's not going to be taking it, don't offer a voucher for future travel. You have to offer the opportunity of a refund. Now, some people may take the vouchers and that's fine. Other people that want to refund will get it. Same thing with the bag fees. If your bag doesn't arrive within twelve hours of your arrival, the bag fees are to be refunded. So this type of thing has been done with some airlines already, but now the government is forcing airlines across the board to make sure that these things are done.
Speaker 1: Well, you anticipated where I was going to go with that. This is something that would benefit an airline to do on its own, simply because they're differentiating themselves from the otherwise less generous refund options that other airlines like, Hey, you don't have to worry for whatever reason your flight gets canceled or are delayed. More than that, we will give you your money back. That's a great marketing campaign.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's what Southwest does right exactly. Excuse me. They have no change fees and they also have no expiration date on their vouchers, so all of that is designed for customer service. And you know, but so many people travel not because of the best service. They travel because this airline has the best fares, or like me with Delta, who and I've had many issues with Delta over the years. They have the best completion factor of anybody on the planet. So as a result, I know that if I book a Delta flight, especially to the party early in the morning, I stand a very good chance of that flight operating and getting me there on time or close to it. And that's what a lot of business people will look at when they travel, is you know, who's got the highest completion fit rates so that I can get to where I need to go without really having too much disruption along the way. But rarely is the customer service. And I've seen airlines so many times over the decades I've been around the industry that have come out saying we surveyed people, thousands of them, and they said that if an airline came out with slightly higher fares but great customer service, that they would go with the carrier that provided the best customer service, even if it was at more than the going rate. And every airline that's tried it has failed because when it comes down to it, people don't care about customer service. If I can fly this airline and say fifty bucks a person there's five minutes going, I just save two hundred and fifty dollars, I'll go on the airline I don't like versus spending extra money to fly on a carrier that might pamper me to death. The market simply isn't there because because consumers are priced driven more than anything, and that's what they're going to be looking for.
Speaker 1: Understand that, like a grown up, All right, moving over, Apparently you shouldn't cut it line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, American Airlines is Well, there's a term. It's called the gate life. These are the people that gate lies that we assign the term to quietly attrain ourselves that the people that try to jump in front of other people. If you have if you have an airline that has say ten boarding zones, and it's got one through ten, and you have somebody who's in zone nine right there on the boarding pass board with Zone nine right board three three is boarding, so they just kind of step in line with them.
Speaker 1: I've seen it millions of times. Yes, I see the.
Speaker 4: Whole thing that they can you know, you know, maybe plea on the sympathy of the gate agent and be allowed on. Well, now that the thing is when the agent scans that boarding pass, when zone three is boarding and you've got a Zone nine, a very lot of alarm is going to go off. So not only is it going to notify the agent but everybody in the gate area of what you are trying to do. The thought is that we can shame these people into better behavior. And I would gladly tell American they've yet to call me that this is a very very nice thing to do. But recognize so many people could really care less. They don't care what you think. These are the same people cut you off in traffic, they'll cut you off of the grocery. They will step in front of you without a thought whatsoever and look at you like you're the problem. These people will still get up there and they will be oblivious because they don't care. I hope it is a deterrent. But outside of electric shock collars around everybody's neck where we can zap them when they get out of line, I don't think an alarm like that's going to do much. Hopefully it will, and I would love to be proven wrong. But decades being around people that are traveling that really don't care alarm, I mean, it's just no. I don't think you can shame some of these people into better social behavior because I just don't think some of them have it in them.
Speaker 1: That's an understatement. That's beautiful, Jay, but it boil Bryan.
Speaker 4: If I taught a psychology class at college, I would take my class to the airport because you could learn so much in human behavior just by observing what goes on.
Speaker 1: Isn't that true? And you know there's sort of the sense of propriety and decency as over the last several years just dropped off the map. Anyway, Moving on, Apparently ice cream sandwiches can result in a lawsuit. Yep.
Speaker 4: Anytime I see something with a lawsuit, I think of you, And I've got a question. After this that maybe even quickly answer for me, But there was a passing your own Jet Blue flight. She got an ice cream sandwich, which is like really nice because you know a lot of airlines don't have ice cream sandwiches. Well, this one was kind of rick card. So she took a bite of it and she broke her tooth off. So obviously that's not her fault. She's now suing Jet Blue because the ice cream sandwich was too cold, it was too too hard, and Jet Blue should have known giving that to her that this was not a safe thing to eat. Therefore, because of the emotional distress she has gone through and all of the pain and suffering, she is now going to sue Jet Blue over an ice cream sandwich. So McDonald's can have coffee that's hot and be careful because it is, and then you have ice cream sandwiches that can be too cold. So now probably nobody's going to get an ice cream sandwich on Jet Blue forever because they're afraid of that, or they'll come with a warning label. But so they'll spend thousands of dollars with an attorney to come up with to slap on the side of those to say if it's too hard. You might want to wait a couple of minutes before you enjoyed this ice cream sandwich. It most airlines don't give you.
Speaker 1: Well amen to that, and I will say probably right for a motion for summary judgment on behalf of the airline. That is an open and obvious potential issue with any frozen product. You don't bite down too hard until you figure out how frozen and hard it is. It's not going to burn you. If you're not going to get frozen, you're not going to get frostbite, so unlike the cup of coffee, which can literally give you a third degree burns. Even though I don't agree with that lawsuit, that is an open and obvious thing that someone should be able to take account of on their own my theory.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Well, the law question I was going to ask you real quick is if you watch the World Series, you may have seen that fan that took the ball out of Mookie Bets's glove in right field during the World Series. It was fan interference and he was obviously involved. They were escorted out of the stadium. They could have actually injured the player. Oh yeah, My question is this Apparently they have season tickets and we have Brave season tickets. And one of the things that I thought of is how do the Yankees allow those individuals to keep those seats because they've interfered, they could have actually injured the player. And if they are allowed to keep those seats and they again interfere with the player where somebody gets hurt already having that prior experience that the Yankees are very aware of, could the Yankees be liable if a player goes in there and gets hurt by these people that interfered before. And because I'm wondering why the Yankees would not rip those season tickets away from these people after interfering the way they did, wouldn't the Yankees be liable if some player gets hurt by that same individual that the Yankees allowed to keep their seats after already interfering and grabbing and not assaulting, but you know, interfering with a ballplayer.
Speaker 1: My innust reaction is probably say no, because just because you do it once doesn't mean you're going to use that as your modus operanda. You're going to be a recidivist interferer with players you're not known to do that did at once you learn your lesson. You got chucked out of the game. Presumably you're not going to do it again. But maybe what they should do is change their policy to make it obvious by on the back of the the ticket, or by providing a website governing the rules of conduct at a game and letting you know in advance. You have open knowledge ahead of time that if you do something like that, you will have your tickets forfeitted period and a story and you'll not be allowed to become a season ticket holder ever again. Kind of like getting thrown on a no fly list. The more people that know about it, the more people know about the ramifications for unruly behavior, the more likely people aren't going to engage in it. So maybe a ticket college.
Speaker 4: So of course alcohol sometimes gets those content.
Speaker 1: Ah, that never happens, all right, thank you for that. Let's close out on hub delays. As is always the case, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of weather moving across the country. We've got Chicago, Houston, Detroit, Minneapolis, Seattle getting hammered by a lot of severe weather today. Some of these delays are in excess of an hour kind of moving across the country. So if you're going to be flying two or through any of these areas obviously, be prepared for delays, and if you're towards the west coast, you're going to be perhaps seeing some turbulence as you kind of fly over some of these affected areas because it's a big system moving through there. Turbulence isn't dangerous, it's just uncomfortable, so keep your seat belt fast and about as you fly that way. You don't kiss the ceiling if you happen to encounter any unexpected turbulence.
Speaker 1: We have had a few stories like that over the years. Jay right left, love you brother, passed along my best to your better half, and have a wonderful weekend, Happy Halloween tea, and I'll look forward to next Thursday for another discussion.
Speaker 4: Always so much fun. I appreciate my friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks brother, I do too. Five eighth fifty one to the bove cair See de Talk station. Don't go away, be right back. It's this