Speaker 1: It's Nights with Dan Ray. I'm Bill bas Boston's new.
Speaker 2: Radio our number three two hours left to twenty twenty four. My guest Kemeira and me Morgan White Junior. We have found a way to keep you occupied as the minutes keep dwindling away from twenty twenty four. It's a game I call Morgan's Hall of Fame. Only two ways to get in. One. You had to be the star, one of the stars of a prime time TV series. In the old days, primetime began at seven point thirty and somewhere in the early to mid seventies they bumped it. Primetime began at eight and ended at eleven. So your TV series had to be in that window. And you had to be part of a TV series for ten years minimum, either like ten years straight through. Jim Rorness he counts because he was on Gunsmoke is Major Major Marshall Matt Dylan Major Math for Major Map, so he was there for twenty years, so that incorporates ten years, and that was a primetime series. There are many, many, many, many more people we've given some who when you add there being in two, three, four series or more, you get to that figure of ten let's go to Lake Placid in Ken's former home state of New York and speak to.
Speaker 3: Dave Greg Thank you, Dave. I want to say, William Daniels.
Speaker 2: That is a good one.
Speaker 4: Tell us how elsewhere kid?
Speaker 3: And oh the other one.
Speaker 2: Boy meets World and Captain Nice.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so he would he would count because he was a talking in the car.
Speaker 5: Right, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's a primetime series, Morgan.
Speaker 3: Was that ever a hospital.
Speaker 2: Outside of that? The hospital as you looked at the TV series that was a series of apartments in the South end of Boston, but it had that, it had that look that they got away with calling it Saint Elgia's Hospital.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Morgan. Interested tonight?
Speaker 2: Is that all you wanted?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's all.
Speaker 2: Why are you home tonight?
Speaker 3: I don't go out anymore. I listened to BV all the time.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that, and I appreciate your honesty. Thank you.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Ran, what about Yes?
Speaker 4: What about your friend? I can't think of his name, the man from Uncle that you had on so often.
Speaker 2: David McCallum, he would count. He played a character named Ducky. David McCallum would count with the Man from Uncle. The Invisible Man, which was a show that ran only like a year or two, but just counting the thirteen fourteen seasons that he was on NCIS that would count just to him? Right there?
Speaker 4: Is it okay to for a couple more?
Speaker 2: Please do.
Speaker 4: Richard Deacon?
Speaker 2: I have him as well? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: And Andy grif Yeah, leave it to Beaver and the Dick Van Dyke Show.
Speaker 2: And was there another one for Tred Deacon?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Andy Griffith, Andy.
Speaker 2: Griffith counts for a number of shows speaking Andy Griffith with Rob and he counts obviously for the two main shows of Matt Locke and The Andy Griffith Show. And he had a show for one season where he was the headmaster of a California high school called Headmaster, and as well Holly Ron Howard would count as well because he had four are a five series, but just being unhappy days alone would count for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll give you one more.
Speaker 2: Don Knutts, help me get to ten with Don Knotts. Pardon give me his ten years?
Speaker 4: Andy Griffiths, all right?
Speaker 2: And after season five.
Speaker 4: Three, yeah, and three's company.
Speaker 2: There you go. He was there for five seasons, so that's ten and he had kind of a truncated season with Matt Locke.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, he was on that show. Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, but I think I think Griffiths did that as a favor to him to put him, to put him in that show because it was a so so part.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, you know the funny thing about that and me, he has played this up. He would do identical scenes that he did with Andy Griffith on The Andy Griffith Show and Matlock. There was a scene where Barney thought he could do judo or karate and almost move from move. They recreated that on Matlock, or the scene where Barney said, Andy, I got some big news. It's big, it's big, big, big big, and he did the exact same setup of Matlock. And yeah, it was cute, and those of us who liked Trivia kind of tip our hat to that. But let's go to New York again and speak to Christian. Christian, good evening, Happy New Year.
Speaker 3: Yes, how you doing, gentlemen. I just wanted to say, I'm a forty seven year old black man and I remember distinctly growing up in the eighties watching all of these great men who are no longer hear before the Baby Booners, the Greatest Generation, and the sound generation. I remember, I remember, Anthony Quinn, Jackie Gleason, so many people.
Speaker 2: You're right with every one of those names. But the product that I'm asking for tonight are people who had ten plus years on TV in prime time, and those people none of them work for that parameter.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just I'm just I'm just I'm just trying to make a I'm just making a comment. I'm paying how much of these people I'm trying to say, I.
Speaker 2: Thank you doing that, but I need you to stick to the subject at hand.
Speaker 3: Well, only when I could think I could think of a few. Let me see, let me see Norman Well you have you have? You have Norman Well, you got Norman Well you.
Speaker 2: Have wait wait wait do you.
Speaker 3: Mean Norman Norman Sell? You got Sam Waterson of Law and Order.
Speaker 2: That count Sam Waterston because there was another for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, let me try. Let me let me see you. Well, some they don't know, don't, Yeah, don't don't dis connect the call because I know I know.
Speaker 2: Disconnect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we got Sam Watterson.
Speaker 2: Sam Waterston as Jack McCoy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: Man, all you had to do is come up with one. Anything else is a bonus.
Speaker 4: Audrey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The honey Jackie Gleason, Jackie.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, back up, back up, Jackie Gleason does not count. Honeymooners was one season. The Jackie Gleason's Variety Show was five seasons. You need to get ten seasons. The Honeymooners ran one.
Speaker 3: The honey Year The Honeymooners was from from the fifties, and then he had this show in the sixties and seventies on.
Speaker 2: That Variety Show. Now on the Variety Show they did Honeymooners skits, but the original Honeymooners ran one year. Thirtyis okay?
Speaker 3: What about Ted Night Okay, what's the name of that show?
Speaker 2: Mary Tyler Moore, and he had the Night Show to.
Speaker 3: Comfort You're too close to Comfort?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, so that counts you get another.
Speaker 3: Gold Yeah, the Golden Girls and.
Speaker 2: The Golden Girls ran for nine seasons. Betty White counts because nine, but add five or four from Mary Tayler Moore gives your thirteen, so that counts. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And what was to show? Something in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Hot in Cleveland Hot in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, it was that and that one too. Can I finish make my comment?
Speaker 2: Yes, Christian, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean you guys should I mean, I mean, you guys give me a hell of a lot of credit because I mean, if you look at it, I'm a gen X guy and gen Z. They're never gonna know these these great actresses, They're never gonna know them because they're you know, they're they're they're the generation of social media and stuff like that. That's why I mentioned these guys because these guys really touched my eyes watching him on TV. All these great actors born in the teens, in the nineteen teens and the twenties, you know, they're they're pretty much none left. The oldest Yeah yeah, the oldest term generation is the people born in the forties. Pretty much that's still around.
Speaker 2: And you said you are black man forty seven years old. I'm a black man and I used to be forty seven, but I'm much older. And Christian, I gotta say goodbye because I have to take a break. Happy New Year to you. Thank you for the call, all right, and as people hear me say this time, you know I'm late for my break. I'm supposed to take it at ten fifteen, but no, it's ten seventeen here on night Side forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio tick.
Speaker 2: We keep getting closer to the year twenty twenty five. And before I go to the phone, I want to tell you we have one open line and ken Meyer and I are playing a little game. You have to have two qualifiers. One, you have to be an actor in a prime time series. That's one of the two qualifiers. Prime Time was between it is now between eight and eleven. It used to be between seven thirty and eleven. As well. You have to have had ten years service on TV. It could be in one TV show like the previous caller mentioned Sam Waterston, who played the character of Jack McCoy for over twenty years in Lauren Order. So if you can think of somebody who had one series or a number of series where their work on TV spanned ten seasons or more. Florence and Grovelan, how are you?
Speaker 6: Florence A very good Morgan and good evening to you and Karen good Eving want to ask you did anyone mention Tom Bardsley not yet. Okay. He had three series that I know of.
Speaker 2: What are they?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, he had a series called I Believe Father.
Speaker 2: Doning Father do Histories?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he had Happy Days and Murder.
Speaker 2: She wrote Happy Days eleven years and he was a reoccurring character in Jessica's Town or Murder she wrote he was.
Speaker 6: So does he count?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, I thank you and Morgan if she left me? Can I say happy year to Ken? To you, Nancy and Jack? Okay?
Speaker 2: How come Ken gets top billing? He's here and I'm.
Speaker 6: Here if you want to know why, Morgan, you want to know why, because very very short while back, I had mentioned Jack first and then the guests, and you didn't like that. Do you recall it?
Speaker 2: And I'm teasing that.
Speaker 6: I've got a pretty good memory, as you know.
Speaker 2: As do I. I'm only doing this. I'm doing this for stick. I could care less if you mentioned Ken first, second, third, or fourth. Well I mentioned fourth. She should be upset about that, shakes her head.
Speaker 6: No, No, because Nancy will agree that Ken is the guest.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 6: All right? Correct?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 5: Ken?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: All right? Uh yeah, I thought of Tom and I didn't because I only came in at nineteen thirty, so okay to can't you? And so I wasn't sure, you know, if someone had already mentioned him.
Speaker 2: Were you at some wild party tonight for a New Years before the show?
Speaker 6: No? No, just just just a neighbor.
Speaker 2: You weren't dancing wildly with a lampshade on your head.
Speaker 6: No, I don't do those things. Oh all right, yeah, and you know I don't have my spouse. I think you've heard me mention that, you know, he'sed de seized. And but I got my sons, you know, and of course they go out with their better hobs to celebrate, you know, and which is good? Which is right?
Speaker 2: You're celebrating with us?
Speaker 6: And so yeah, so I thought I would get me in there for a few minutes to have my little piece, my little say. And I do wish you all a happy new year. I hope twenty twenty five is a good year, a better year than twenty twenty four in Florence.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 6: Let's oh yeah, it's gotta be good, a good number. All right, Yeah, thank you, good day, Happy New Year, and good.
Speaker 3: Night, good night, good night.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna throw it a few more. Let me get my piece of paper where I can read it. Bob Denver, Oh yeah, everybody forgets. He had four different TV series. He was on Dobie Gillis, he was on Gilligan's Island, he was on a show called The Good Guys, and the show one year that was basically Gilligan's Island in the late eighteen sixties called Dusty's Trail People seven people lost on a stage coach and trust me, eventually the stage coach has caught in a town. Eventually that was the plotline. So that's why Bob Denver is in my Hall of We mentioned June Lockhart, Lucy obviously, James Garner with just two of his series of his four series, Rockford Files and Maverick. Also he was in another series where he was a sheriff called Nichols and well, let me move on to one more because I have a break creeping up on me when we leave. James garn Tim Allen, and here's an unusual thing about Tim Allen. He had Home Improvement where he played a father married with three sons, then Last Man Standing where he played a father married with three daughters, and both of those series ran for eight seasons. So Tim Allen counts, try to squeeze one more on before I have a break to take Lou and match p line one. Lou good evening her.
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 7: And okay about how about Blonde Green?
Speaker 2: Oh we mentioned him. Don't even go there.
Speaker 7: I just jumped on.
Speaker 4: Okay, Tom Selleck.
Speaker 2: We mentioned him as well, you're doing this for almost ninety minutes.
Speaker 4: I just got on.
Speaker 7: Uh you, said Mary Tyler Moore. I heard you say that Ud Skelton.
Speaker 2: No one said red Skeleton. That's a good one.
Speaker 7: Oh good, thank you.
Speaker 2: Because he had overlapping years with both CBS and NBC where he was on eleven seasons.
Speaker 7: Right, all right, I gotta I got a question for more. It's a little off topic, but it's said bugging me is let's a late late middle sixties. Yes, there was a show in the radio and it was on like an obscure station. And the gentleman I think his name, his last name was Maya.
Speaker 3: And he had a tour.
Speaker 7: No that he had a call in show that you could only you could call in but he couldn't.
Speaker 2: Was Mayor Mayor and he was on y Hunter w U n R radio. He was on midnight two.
Speaker 4: A m Yes, yes, uh, his.
Speaker 2: Name was save again Ken.
Speaker 4: That was his name. Name was Kenny or Kenny Kenny mayor Maya. Okay, death and I know Ken Mayer was on with Larry Yeah, right, right, and okay, one more question?
Speaker 7: What you know.
Speaker 2: They have one question? We answer it. We have one more for that one?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What you what's your one more?
Speaker 7: Will Besy like when from twelve to five there's there's nothing wrong but the news, right correct?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: Why don't they put like reruns of of all the old timers, you know, Larry Glick and all those guys, and you know, to put them on instead of just do that.
Speaker 2: On Sunday nights.
Speaker 4: They I don't.
Speaker 2: Know they do that on Sunday nights late night.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's try to get it for the whole week. If that's it a year, and thank you so much.
Speaker 2: To you, Lou. I'll try to see if I can tell management what to do. Time and temperature here on nights ten thirty forty four.
Speaker 1: Degrees, It's Nightside with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Ken Mayer is here. He is my guest. I'm Morgan's filling in for Dan Dan, We'll be back tomorrow tomorrow here on Nightside, and let's go to Lynn Mass and speak to Tim. Tim. Good evening, Welcome to Night's Side, Happy new.
Speaker 5: Year, Thank you, sir. I hope you have having a good night. There's two people I thought of. They're both from the same show, Dennis Franz and Gordon Clapp and White PD Blue. I'm pretty yeah, I'm pretty sure they are on more than like six certain seasons or something, you know, right. And the funny thing is, I never really watched the show when it was on, but I watch it now in you know, Netflix or whatever whatever streaming service I have.
Speaker 2: That is so true for a lot of you know, they came and they went, they didn't pay attention to them, but now you've learned to kind of like them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. So to figure out out my two cents worth?
Speaker 2: And how come you're home tonight, Well, I.
Speaker 5: Had a few things to do, but I am exhausted. I'm not going to welcome the new year. I'm hitting the sack early because I got a Philly busy day tomorrow, so I'm going to bed soon. But yeah, just just chilling out.
Speaker 2: Good to get some extra shut eye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: Enjoying the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tim, Thank you, Bob and Lunenberg. You're next here on night Side.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, good evening, Morgan, good evening, good evening.
Speaker 4: I've got one.
Speaker 3: I've got one. I think they had ten years of service, would be Sherman Helmfully, that's.
Speaker 2: A good show, and the cast of the Jeffersons moving on.
Speaker 3: Up Jeffersons and A and Amen, that was his show.
Speaker 2: Yes he did, but he nailed it with the Jeffersons alone, but adding good measure. Amen, and you've got a winning name there for yourself.
Speaker 4: Awesome.
Speaker 3: I do have another one, but I'll leave it to the callers from the same circle beyond.
Speaker 2: Somebody mentioned her earlier with Maud and Golden Girls.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I got one more, did.
Speaker 4: Betty White?
Speaker 2: Someone? And Betty White was mentioned earlier as well.
Speaker 3: Well, we got Shervin Hails anyway. Okay, that's about all I can think of right now, Charles, think us something else. But thank you very much, Bob, thank you, Thanks tonight, take care.
Speaker 2: And let's take our break. Lines are wide open six two, five, four, ten thirty eight eight eight, nine, two nine, ten thirty, So let's take our break. I know it's a bit early the time in temperature ten thirty seven and forty four degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way Live from the Window World night Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We have one open line. Whoever takes that last line, I promise you'll get a chance to speak with Ken, because I know that you're incentive for wanting to call in tonight and speak with Ken Myrier Hall of Fame broadcaster me. I'm just an afterthought. I want to now speak to Anna and Medford. So Anna show off and give us one or two good names.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, happy birth Happy Birthday, Happy New Year to both of you.
Speaker 4: To my birthday is in August.
Speaker 8: Okay, well I'm way early then or late, so anyway, I want to mention a couple of women, and my first one was Mary McDonald from both Major Crimes and Battlestar Galactica.
Speaker 2: Good good name, very good name.
Speaker 8: And Patricia Heaton.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she was eight years with Tim Allen on Give me a second. I've got a mental block on the title Tim the Two Man.
Speaker 8: TA yeah right.
Speaker 2: But she also had two other shows of her own.
Speaker 4: She was Everybody Goes from Raymond.
Speaker 8: Yes and also and also The Middle.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like the Middle. I don't know why, but I like that show.
Speaker 8: I know, I just didn't get enough credit. Yeah, but I don't know if anyone mentioned Jean Smart or Jane Leaves.
Speaker 2: No one mentioned Jean Smart because Jean Smart was in Designing Women, right, and what was the because on Designing Women, I think that was on six seasons? And what was her own show.
Speaker 8: She's in Hacks right now. It's an HBO show that counts. Yeah, and then Jane leaves Frasier.
Speaker 3: Primarily, I'm going back to Jean Smart.
Speaker 2: I always thought she was just one of those quietly attractive women and Designing women and give me the other she she played the next door neighbor in the Brady Bunch movie.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: You remember that. She was just one of those quietly sexy women.
Speaker 9: Yeah she did.
Speaker 8: She had a good guest shot on Fraser once. I remember that too, and she was like and there she got to be sexy too.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Anna, you did a good job. Thank you for helping me expand the Hall of Fame people, And why are you home tonight?
Speaker 8: Another Quesson who doesn't want to brave the roads really, I don't blame me. Whoever else is driving here.
Speaker 2: When I was married, and that would be through the seventies into the eighties, my ex and I would have a lobster dinner at home and a beverage to help wash it down, and that was the way we celebrated New Year's So I understand, and being an entertainer on a couple occasions, I had to go out and entertain on your years, and I dreaded doing it, but you know, sometimes you got to make the money with the money's there to be made. Anything else or is that it?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: That is it?
Speaker 8: And thank you very much, Anna.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. By Happy New Year. There goes Anna. Here comes Phil somewhere in Cape card Hello.
Speaker 3: Phil, Hello Morgan, how are you.
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 9: Ken? How's the broadcast?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 9: Anyway, I came to the show a little late. I don't know if he's mentioned this name because I don't know the mathematics of all his shows, but he was in several series. Bill Bixby, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: When Ken and I first talked about this subject, because Bill Bixby was in his mathematics, who was in fourth series my favorite Martian?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Remember that?
Speaker 2: Three years The Magician.
Speaker 9: I forgot about that one. I forgot about Father of course, yes.
Speaker 2: At seven and The Incredible Hulk four years eleven.
Speaker 9: Yep, yep, yeah, I forgot about the Magician show. But yeah, that that's all. Like I said, I was a little late to the to the show. So that's the only name I can come on with.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's.
Speaker 9: Well, I used to work with you. I used to work with you a lot because I used to work for First Night and you'd always have your show at the hind Center years ago, and I did that for a number of years. But uh, you know, I'm back, I'm retired on the Cape, and uh there's a First Night little celebration. Yes I shouldn't say little.
Speaker 5: It's pretty big over and Chatham. But I walk around with a cane now, so I just I just kind of lay low, I.
Speaker 2: Understand, because I should be walking around with a cane, balance myself a little more to the left when I need it.
Speaker 4: Very good. Okay, Well, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Phil, thank you for making the call, and happy New Year to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Happy new to both by all right, thank you, Ken.
Speaker 2: We've exhausted all the phone calls. I could do something to say something, which you get one or two calls to push the buttons on the phone. But I'm going to interview you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't mind, No, I don't mind. Tell people what get you in the radio?
Speaker 4: Well, I always, I always liked it. Radio was I thought in his heyday. When I came into the world and I used to listen old time radio was still active, and I, you know, grew up with shows what the Lone Ranger and Sergeant Preston and Nick Carter Master Detective And even in school I still kept track of radio shows. In fact, my mother god Bosser, used to tape two soap operas during the week there were ro Massive Ellen Trent and our Dale Sunday, and I would then come home on the weekend in Wilston school, so I was able to follow what was going on. And when I got close to graduation, I knew that I wanted to get into radio, and where I was in school, they were all for it, but they didn't have the knowledge or the contacts to help carry it out. And I had, through a series of events, become friendly with the program director at WHIM in Rochester, which was a big station like wb Z, and he suggested that I go to Graham Junior College in Boston, which handled broadcasting. I had a broadcasting setup, so he wrote me a letter of recommendation. I went to Graham and graduated and became very friendly with a gentleman who worked at Graham and WEI At whom you knew, named Dick Walsh. And my parents and I came to Boston in the summer of nineteen seventy because I wasn't getting anywhere trying to find a job, and there was a member of the board of trustees at Graham named Lamont Thompson, and we got in touch with him, and he arranged for me to go to WI and meet the program director over there and talked to him, and I did. His name was Bill Schupert, and it so happened that he and Dick Walsh used to work together at that station when it first became all news. So Bill Schupert called him on the phone and a rapport was built up and through the vocational Rehab service in Rochester and the patients of WBZ, I got hired. While I was interviewed by Bill Schupert, he said is there anyone you'd like to meet? And I said, yeah, Guy Manilla. So they brought me downstairs to his office and we talked for a while, and I found out later that Manila asked Lemon Thompson, he said, what do you think? And Thompson said, this station's big enough and this kid deserves a chance. And I'll always be grateful to Guy Manila for that. I think it helped a great deal in my getting a job there. And three or four days of just hanging around the station for a while, finally Bill Schupert said, I want you to start working with Larry Glick. And of course everybody listened to Larry Glick, you know, And so I started working with him, and you know, as Paul Harvey used to say, the rest is history. I worked with Larry. One of the big shrials of my life was when WBZ celebrated their fiftieth anniversary and broadcasting in nineteen seventy one and Jerry Williams hosted a to midnight, five nights a week, all old time radio people, each one and a half hour long. We had people like Bob Hope, are at Link, Litter, Jerry Colowna, Oh gosh, it's so hard for me to remember them all now. But about a year ago, Terry and I were in Pennsylvania and visited Bob Oakes, who was the program director at the time, and I said to him, I said, Bob, how did you know or what made you think that I could I could handle a presentation like that? And he said, I just knew how to stop talent. So that was one of the big thrials of my life. I'll never forget that. There's some of the stuff on YouTube. As a matter of fact, the interview that Jerry did with Bob and Ray, the one that he did with Buffalo Bob Smith, and the one that he did with Art Linkletter are all on YouTube. And I got a kick out of it because and I had forgotten about it. Jerry called me into the studio on the last broadcast to talk a little bit about the show. And it's hard to believe that it's over forty years ago, and you know, that's what I sounded like, but it was. It was really something. And of course Bezy had and still does have quite a signal. And then in nineteen seventy five, we did an old radio weekend down on the Cape at Dumphy's Hyenas Resort and it was busy. They called it Bez's Big Broadcast of seventy five and we had the radio people live doing their shows. Brett Morrison was there and did the Shadow, Julie Stevens was there and did the Romance of Helen Trent. We had people impersonating Fred Allenman and Jack Benny, and we had Don Wilson and Dennis Day from the Jack Benny Show, and Kenny Delmar who was the announcer and also Senator Claghorn there as well doing the show.
Speaker 3: And it was just.
Speaker 4: Something that I'll never forget.
Speaker 2: I got to start you here because of time, but I've had you join me on BZ Radio. Oh I'm going to say a dozen times plus ten the many years, and you've always hit a home run every time I've had you on tonight, no exception. I want to thank you for coming on and may I wish you in front of thirty eight states and parts of Canada. May twenty twenty five be a bang up year for you, Ken.
Speaker 4: And I feel the same way about you, Morgan. I hope that it's an excellent year and we'll all win the lottery and retire.
Speaker 2: You're here, people, listening. I've got another hour. Because Elvis Presley was born during the first week of January, you all can remember that. I've got Big Elvis joining me after the news here on night side time. Ten fifty eight. Temperature holding at forty four degrees