Speaker 1: Good evening everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up. Are we fired up or what?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 3: You already know the answer to that absolutely, you know. If you stay right, we gotta get ready, baby.
Speaker 4: Oh, Eric, we're all fired up for today. He love.
Speaker 3: Eric's all right, you're getting Yankees already.
Speaker 1: I know, I know they get one. You know, they get the first one of the season under their belts, and they're already bragging.
Speaker 5: You know. Wow, it's only one game, Eric.
Speaker 4: You want to stream to help me out? I'm getting slammed already.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, y'all hit the first home run.
Speaker 6: Hey, my team hasn't played yet.
Speaker 4: We've already got two losses.
Speaker 6: The Cups have only got two losses because we stick again.
Speaker 4: To bring your whole team down to Japan. That's why. Yeah, you can't bring part of your team. Okay, your other team can see in Chicago. The other team you can go down to Japan. That's fine. You gotta bring all of them together.
Speaker 3: Well, sorry, how about the White Sox?
Speaker 2: Though they forced the Angels to already use a position player for a pitcher, White Sox were the worst team in baseball last year.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, well, the Morlans.
Speaker 1: You're probably, you know, buying for that bottom dweller seat there.
Speaker 5: HM.
Speaker 2: Well, to Rowse's point, though, it's one game everybody out of one sixty two.
Speaker 1: So you know, I want Since we're talking about opening Day and we're talking about MLB, let's talk a little bit about the cheapest available ticket for an opening day for today's slate of games. So anybody want to guess what the cheapest ticket was without looking at or googling it, I want.
Speaker 5: To get it looking Miami Morelands, so they were the okay to Moreland's Candy.
Speaker 1: Marlins were the second cheapest. That's their cheapest ticket was seventeen dollars.
Speaker 5: For today, Tampa.
Speaker 4: Bay Race, Chicago White Sox ten dollars.
Speaker 3: Nope, well the White Sox.
Speaker 2: The White Sox were at the Angels, so that's why theirs weren't that cheap.
Speaker 6: Say Washington.
Speaker 1: Orioles at the Blue Jays and their cheapest ticket was twelve dollars.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now, any guesses which is the cheapest most expensive cheap ticket for which game?
Speaker 5: How about the Yankees?
Speaker 1: They were middle of the road and their cheapest ticket was fifty six dollars.
Speaker 5: All right? How about how about the La Dodgers, Los Angeles. The California is expensive.
Speaker 1: Tigers at Dodgers were the second at one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 5: Wow, I've been getting the second ones instead of the first ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah there, you got right. How have you been getting a like I would have? Yeah, exactly, no ticket for you, no lottery ticket.
Speaker 3: Padres braves.
Speaker 1: Padre's braves were middle of the pack. They were. They were a dollar more expensive than the Yankees. They were fifty seven dollars. I'm gonna tell you it was so whopping. The cheapest ticket was one hundred and eighty nine dollars.
Speaker 5: Wowee, one hundred and eighty nine dollars, that's great. I'm got the Philadelphia Phillies. How about that one?
Speaker 3: Phillies.
Speaker 1: No, they're at the Nationals and they were. The cheapest ticket was forty one dollars. Okay, I would not have guessed this. The Giants at the Reds. One hundred and eighty nine dollars was the cheapest.
Speaker 5: Wow in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Cheez wow, I would not have guessed that one.
Speaker 5: But third team did a little bit better than the Pirates, and they're not you know, they're nowhere near the top either.
Speaker 2: You know, Honestly, Hey, the Reds make sense because when you think about opening Day, the Reds have kind of had a lock on the opening day, and being they usually are always the first game, that makes a little bit of sense to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It seems a little expensive to me for them, but hey, yeah, exactly the cheapest ticket. That's a little expensive, I think. I mean, you're not taking a family afford to.
Speaker 4: That at all.
Speaker 5: Well, well, I'm going to say this, you have to take out a loan.
Speaker 1: I do have to say I was happy to see that the Marlins started out at home because it is spring break around here for most of the schools. So if a family wanted to go there for seventeen dollars for a ticket, isn't that bad? I mean, considering it's an opening day? I mean, how many? How many? Let me ask the fani, any of you been to an open for baseball?
Speaker 5: No? I was at one game, and I'll explain this. I was the color Guarden of Boy Scouts. I went to an opening day game at three River Stadium in nineteen ninety one. Now you're hearing me out now, the seats that they gave us were way up and peanut heaven up by the scoreboard, and unfortunately I had to chase out five drunks to get out of our seats. So after that, I never went to another Opening Day game ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, ok no, I've never been to an opening Opening Day.
Speaker 1: I've been to just a few.
Speaker 6: I've only been to one Brave game.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: So if you guys don't know, and he guts probably don't know. My dad is a height is it, a retired high school teacher, So obviously Opening Day normally was during the school's year, So obviously I could never skip school to go to Opening Day. That was like forbidden. But he also was an usher for the Milwaukee Brewers for over twenty five years.
Speaker 5: Wow mm hm, So you know what, people don't give up that job, Candy, That's a great job.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: Guys are ninety six years old, still work at panc Park, worked at Three Rivers, worked at Forbes Field. I'm like, wow, ninety six years old, still at it with that, that's a job you just never give up, you know.
Speaker 1: Typically typically, but he would have the one that would have gotten rid of those drunks that were in your seat. Ralph would have done.
Speaker 2: And they would have had no choice but to respect someone who's ninety six years old. If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life, right right exactly?
Speaker 1: Cost of the ticket may be the reason for it, the protest. Ah, yes, yes, so I do have to. I'm gonna give kudos to the Yankees even though they're playing my Brewers and they be this one game today. The New York Yankees are having a moment of silence for each of the three games in the series against the Brewers this weekend. So today, if you didn't know, they had a moment of silence from Miller Gardner, the son of New York Yankee Brett Gardner that died. They're also on Saturday going to be honoring and forgive me because I'm not gonna say this right, I don't know how to pronounce it, but Lou Kakuza Senior. And then on Sunday they're gonna have They're gonna honor Bob Buker. Now, for those of you that listen to Sports Exchanged last night, I told everybody, if you are in the Milwaukee area, the Milwaukee Brewers open on March thirty, first at home. If you are in that area. There is a famous it's called Cops. It is a custard stand. Will not a stand because they do burgers, they do all kinds of things. But Bob Youker used to go into this custard stand and he used to joke that cops would give him a free custard anytime he got a hit. So it was about once a month, he said, because he didn't He wasn't the greatest hitter, you know, so he was joking around, but he used to go in there all the time. So in honor of that, they are actually for one day gonna do a new flavor and it's called Mister Baseball. It's a caramel malt custard with beer nuts, fudge covered pretzels, and a splash of Miller Lite. And they're gonna offer it on March thirty first, in honor of the real mister Baseball. So I thought that was kind of cool that they keep honoring in different ways. They're wearing a patch on their uniforms, you know, and then for the Yankees to honor him, my haint. That says a lot about who Bobyker was. So any other thoughts about the upcoming baseball season, guys.
Speaker 5: No, not really, other than I think the Mets and the Yankees gonna take it. They seem to have the best teams.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad take, Ralph. But I could, if I could. I wanted to elaborate on Brett Gardner's son. I know I've mentioned before a lot of people that I've played baseball against who went on to play for the Game Cocks, Michael Roth, the Chris Brothers play. I played against Brad Chalk who went to Clemson. I've played against a lot of these guys. And I had a roommate in college who played with Brett Gardner and he was a staple down in Charleston where I met my wife, And for him to lose his son at fourteen years old while on vacation like that just seems like the most ultimate tragedy that you could possibly fathom. So yeah, it's very good that the Yankees are honoring him with the you know, the silence saying for Bob it. But man, I dude, I can't out. I've got a five and a three year old son. I can't possibly fathom going on vacation, this place of relaxation and come back and you don't have one of your kids anymore to me that so, yeah, shout out to Brett Gardner, his family, thoughts, prayers, you know, whatever you want to call it. I mean, what a tragedy though, that is in my opinion.
Speaker 1: JD. We Scott and I were covering the Mets versus Marlins on Saturday or Sunday, I'm sorry, Sunday at the Mets training, the spring training. It was one of the last spring trainings for the Marlins, one of them, and the news broke I think sometime during that game, because at the press conference after the game, uh, New York manager New York Mets manager Carlos Mendoza set was almost in tears, like he was he knows Brett, and he knows his son played with Brett's son and so had a close relationship, and he was almost in tears, and it was just very moving to see. You don't see that very often in a press conference, but because I can't imagine a fourteen year old losing.
Speaker 3: It's tough. It is tough.
Speaker 2: And then, like you said, though, you get that real reaction though, yes, from you know, people.
Speaker 3: That knew him.
Speaker 2: Brett Gardner we all know as a baseball player like I said, I know someone who played with him, so as I've been past his family's farm one hundred times down in the Low State. It's around Santee, South Carolina. Anybody's not familiar, but that's where Brett Gardner grew up. And so yeah, man, for him to lose a on the fourteen on a vacation, golly, just a tragic, tragic thing.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: Anybody else want to talk about the season. Not getting into the food yet, but the season.
Speaker 4: I just want to beat the Red Sox. That's all I care about. You know, him a Yankees fan, and they if they gotta beat the Red Sox, the ESPN may be bad. I'd left for work and they're like, oh, the Red Sox are gonna win the division. Yankees are gonna miss playoffs. We'll see ESPN, We'll see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Yankees Red Sox. That's always a uh, you know, a very tough rivalry between the two of them.
Speaker 4: Stanton's hurt, Cole's hurt, this player's hurt. Oh what we're gonna do. They're gonna heal Geart Cole camp, but everybody else can heal up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know about I don't know about Stanton him with two elbows being hurt. I mean, I understand his throwing elbow being hurt because as a baseball player.
Speaker 3: My elbow used to kill me.
Speaker 2: So I can't imagine know what he did to his catching elbow where he's struggling so bad. But hey, the Yankees, they hit the first two home runs.
Speaker 3: Of the season.
Speaker 2: I think they're going to be a team to beat. I would much prefer, though, someone like Julio Rodriguez for Seattle or Bobby Witt Junior from Kansas City to win the MVP this year. That's what else I'll say about the season. I'm over the Aaron Judge and the show Heyo Tawany's.
Speaker 3: I mean, we all know they're great. Yeah sure, Well.
Speaker 5: You know, we haven't talked about the Oakland A's. They're playing in Sacramento this year until they get their field built in Las Vegas. You know, we haven't talked about that. That's you know, They's are kind of a you know, lost soul swimming and a fish bowl at this point.
Speaker 3: You know, could they be the worst team in baseball this year?
Speaker 5: Probably other than the White Sox. And it's sad that there are two teams in the American League.
Speaker 4: There are like that could be could there be Mundy Ball two? There you go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when when they actually make it to Vegas?
Speaker 4: I think so that's what I'm saying, Mundy Ball part two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we saw what the Golden Knights were able to do when they made it to Vegas and hockey. I mean, the Raiders probably hope to gain something from going to Vegas. They haven't, but I could I could see. Yeah, once Athletics, do we even know what's their name going to be? Does anybody even know what their name is.
Speaker 3: Going to be?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 3: Are They're not to be the Athletics anymore?
Speaker 5: Though? Right might be they might just keep the name like they kept the rate.
Speaker 4: That's you know, Las Vegas. Lease.
Speaker 5: I don't know, there you go, not bad. It's not a bad not a bad flow. I mean Vegas.
Speaker 4: That's thinking.
Speaker 2: If it's me though, I'm leaving everything in the past. Yeah, I don't want to bring any of.
Speaker 5: It from It's gonna be a new beginning for them, whether anyone likes it or not. You know, it's just like the Raiders, you know, they moved to Las Vegas. It's a new beginning for them. I hope they do well with Pete Carroll, you know. And I also heard JD that they're gonna they're gonna have a basketball team coming soon, an NBA team. They're looking at expanding in Vegas.
Speaker 3: So it wouldn't shocked me.
Speaker 5: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: Now that gambling is perfectly legal everywhere. Yes, that's the only reason why there weren't teams in life Vegas already.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, so.
Speaker 5: But anyway, you know, I you know, if you're out there and you're thinking, why I'm wearing this orange shirt? First of all, it's in dedication to the fact that that Cleveland Browns are so stupid that they signed Kenny Pickett. Okay, that's number one. Number two. Uh, they almost signed Russell Wilson, but he went to the New York Giants, so you know, let them have him for twenty one million dollars for one year? Are you joking? Right?
Speaker 6: All right, there you go.
Speaker 5: Ah, there's Brian he's back.
Speaker 3: I might have to mute the TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, man, yeah, I had to mute mine. I'm watching the Shawshank Redemption.
Speaker 3: Ralph don't have sports on the TV. Come on, man, well.
Speaker 5: I'm at this hotel here they got you know, cheap channels here, they don't have much.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I was lucky to find AMC here to watch The Shawshank Redemption.
Speaker 3: Not a bad movie, not bad normally.
Speaker 1: Normally he's watching Chicago PD.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, watched that on Thursday night. Sure, exactly correct.
Speaker 2: Hey, well, hey, speaking of that, do you watch Hawaii five Oh on Fridays?
Speaker 5: You know what? Hawaii five oh is good? But I still like the one with Jack Lord and the old one, and I watch that on Pluto TV when I can find.
Speaker 3: It, right, Well, yeah, I know, so I know the Ion rundown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blue Blood's Wednesday, Chicago Fires Tuesday, Chicago p D on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: Yet that I keep it on Ion.
Speaker 6: Yeah mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like Hawaii five Oh. I watched the Wind's not Known, but usually uh they cut that in half known, they got that bull on and then they got sometimes they cut it off and put soccer or someone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, yeah, they're big into their women's sports over there on iOS. Can't blame them, No, blame them.
Speaker 5: No, I can't sports as an outlet.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true.
Speaker 5: God, Candy, I'm sorry, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's okay, No, that's okay. It's kind of funny because you transitioned me into a place I wasn't gonna go just yet. But since you did that, I'm gonna I'm gonna put it out there. So this year, the women's Frozen four Championship game increased a total of twenty two percent in viewership compared to last year. Now, if any of you watched it or heard about it, Wisconsin did win, but they were losing. They were down three to two with eight nineteen seconds left to go in the third period. The coach there was a penalty shot until the coach went to the bench and said, okay, who wants it? And the one girl said I want it. She went out, she scored the tie it, and then the Badgers won in overtime, so to win their eighth national championship. So I just kind of wanted to throw that out there. So kudos to them. But I'm gonna reel it back into baseball because we were talking about Opening Day and we kind of talked about Opening Day ticket prices. Ryan wants to talk about some of the food choices you can make now at the baseball park.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I wish I could have had the pictures up, but I got the NLB opening day twenty twenty five. These are the ten wildest new food items. And you can say you like them or not, and I'm just gonna read them all. This is the this is the come from Arizona Diamondbacks. The filthy mac fries. Yeah, well see, I'll just give it to the Diamondbacks that decided to throw a bunch of random eat ingredients on a Cajun fries that there have been worse cultures between the white cheddar mac and cheese with pork belly, bacon and crispy onions.
Speaker 5: I like that except for the onions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh I'd eat it. Smash your pass.
Speaker 7: Smash, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 6: I would try that way. I don't know. Okay. This one is the cinnamon balls. You know, the pollen cinnamon balls. We all know what that is. Okay. And that's got the uh it's it's fried balls with egg noodles, cage cabbage, bacon, and cheddar cheese. That's about that one. And I don't know what they got, but this is the power. So then we give you like three little things of them. So this is like cheddar chee. I don't know what would be like, it's crazy. Number eight is the work is the warehouse burger from Baltimore Orioles. And this one is this this one was on men versus food at the time.
Speaker 5: Oh really, well that's great because you know what I'm not. I'm gonna be living real close to Baltimore.
Speaker 6: That's what days are, right the burgers? Next one? So yeah, that's the burger right there.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, so eat it, smash small.
Speaker 4: I'll pass on that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's gonna give me heartburn bad.
Speaker 5: Why Pensman, you're gonna pass on that great burger?
Speaker 4: Come on? Looked good? Really seriously, come on, that doesn't even look that doesn't even look advertising.
Speaker 5: Hey for some people though, that is you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this next one, I would take the burger. And this one it's the celebration cake milkshake. Look at this.
Speaker 4: See now that looks better Ralph.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, Hensman, I'm a diabetic. I can't trick milkshakes. Okay, so there.
Speaker 4: You go that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm actually I'm lacktose intolerant. Oh wow, No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: I made that up. Hopefully that never is the case.
Speaker 5: All right, Ah, there we go. Nothing like a ballpark hot talk there we go.
Speaker 6: But I think it's got bacon or something bristin.
Speaker 1: Brisk and cheese and fried pickles.
Speaker 5: When the candy. That's a good one there, fried pickles. Yankees are good for that.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And Phillies pies. The Phillies got the crab fries.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well so does Pittsburgh. We have them at the Steeler game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's well, who cares?
Speaker 5: I see people walking around Pittsburgh with with the shirt that says I still think it's Heinsfield.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the question for those Pittsburgh guys.
Speaker 2: Is it okay for y'all to serve a Philly cheese steak at your stadium?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm down here in Ocean City, Maryland. We got a couple of places that say they have the authentic Philly cheese steak. One place stinks. I'm gonna try this other place before I leave.
Speaker 4: What else gonna turn into a Baltimore Ravens fan.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 4: I'm joking, but you better not.
Speaker 5: No, I will not. I'll still be broadcasting in Pittsburgh. Pensman.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if the rivalry ran that deep though. Between that does not. Yeah, I would eat that. Whoopee pie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, smash smash, Here you go, pensman.
Speaker 5: What is that? What is that a chicken poppie? Or something.
Speaker 1: That is a helmet?
Speaker 5: What is it? Candy?
Speaker 1: It's a helmet Tarama Sioux. So it's made with expresso, muscapone cream, Lady Finger cookies and cocoa powder.
Speaker 5: You guys can have that. That's a diabetic cart attack right now. I like the New York Yankee cup though, I like the cuppas or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, any player, that's question describers. If you want to send that to me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 5: There, or.
Speaker 4: You guys can take that out and send it to me. I greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Okay, which dessert is this now? Or whatever? What is this?
Speaker 1: Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, I had that that.
Speaker 5: No knows about the Phillies man.
Speaker 4: That's.
Speaker 1: Seattle. Look at this thing?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, what is that?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: A green corn dog? There you go?
Speaker 1: Does that look advertising?
Speaker 5: My wife just went. My wife just went a great rough.
Speaker 4: If somebody gave you a ticket.
Speaker 1: Would mold on it?
Speaker 5: What what is the pensman?
Speaker 4: If you would go to a game somebody, but your ticket. Would you go even if you could care less about the teams. When I go to a game, the actual sporting event.
Speaker 5: If somebody gave me a ticket, I'd be there.
Speaker 4: That's what my brother did, and that's why we that's why we been there. We were sitting behind play. But we're all we're all high.
Speaker 5: I live by this. If it's free, it's for me. There you go, no shame in my game.
Speaker 1: The last one is cotton Candy Fries.
Speaker 4: Oh there's welles's home run. Everybody, well, home run.
Speaker 5: I'm saying to my wife for her. There you go right there, Andy Fries. She went, you say, you don't like it, you.
Speaker 3: Don't like are?
Speaker 4: I know, I know, but it's on.
Speaker 5: But I'm getting I'm getting my wife involved in the program here.
Speaker 4: So what's that?
Speaker 1: No, that was the last one. That was the number one.
Speaker 5: My candy Fries was number one in new food and stadiums.
Speaker 4: A my, I that gross.
Speaker 5: I can't stop laughing because my wife went, it sounds gross.
Speaker 6: That likes the frosty with the fries. Now that's that's the god one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, else was going crazy back there. That's gross.
Speaker 5: You said, it's just right, but that's gross. Right.
Speaker 3: Well, and if I could say this.
Speaker 2: That that that whole list was gross. Crew They literally they went to sweet man. All right, I'm listen. I'm a salty you know what I I'm a salty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually I said I would smash. Okay, but still you.
Speaker 5: Like salty, but you don't like sweet.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: If I'm getting any of those sweets, it's one of them, and it's when I'm leaving the game. But as far as when I'm at the game, though, I want I want the best burger, the best hot dog, the best Hey, speaking of we talked about that there. Yeah, well you talked about that. The the helmet of the Indigo Ralph. Let me see, I pull up the picture. Uh, the Atlanta Braves. They have brisket nachos.
Speaker 5: Risos, that Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a in a helmet, in a helmet, Yeah, in a helmet.
Speaker 3: They have them there. It's called this.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not gross, right right?
Speaker 4: I think I think the Yankees are playing the Bruce too.
Speaker 5: Hey, Candy, you don't mind if my wife gets involved in a program, do you not?
Speaker 1: At all?
Speaker 4: I think the Yankees are playing the Bruise. Let's I think we have to take a trip to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well and then also, hey, there's apparently candy. You might can look this up. I tried.
Speaker 2: Apparently there's a six foot hot dog somebody came out with somewhere. WHOA really, Yeah, it's for like somewhere, Yeah yeah, ten.
Speaker 3: People to eat.
Speaker 2: But it's like a six foot hot dog. And I don't know, I don't know if they cut it for you or not.
Speaker 5: But I couldn't even jez Yeah.
Speaker 1: People schemes.
Speaker 5: Where's at New Orleans Saints? No?
Speaker 4: St.
Speaker 1: Paul Saints, Paul Saints game?
Speaker 4: So the St.
Speaker 1: Paul Saints are serving up a six foot long hot dog.
Speaker 4: Right here, right there?
Speaker 5: I would I wonder, I wonder how much that is?
Speaker 1: Somebody with cold pork, mac and cheese, French fries and jalapenos. It comes with fries, just enough to offer to a few of your friends if you're choosing to share this meal. Let's see if it says.
Speaker 3: It's just not ten thousand calories.
Speaker 4: No, you lost me at help at the Helipinos. You lost me.
Speaker 1: It does not give us a price either.
Speaker 4: I don't care what it calls. You lost me at Helopinos.
Speaker 3: Nope, you get that you can get them without the halopenos. That'd be all right.
Speaker 4: I'll give I'll give the helpina to Brian or something.
Speaker 6: No, I won't need them.
Speaker 4: That's charity. I'm giving it to you.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm sorry. I don't like kilopenas.
Speaker 4: Stomach them. You'll be fine.
Speaker 5: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I try to give them tilipinos to to Brian. He said, you won't do it.
Speaker 5: Come on now, hey, I talked to a guy who is the owner of the Lalos Okay, which is an Italian store that makes it has very good Italian for stuff, you know, in the store. He told me that if you take one of those real big industrial commercial size or peppers Kalipinos and you suck the whole thing down with the juice and everything, he said, we'll clear out your arteries in your heart. Dope, No, dope, that's what he said. But that's that's I don't believe it, but that's what he said.
Speaker 3: Past yeah, past yeah.
Speaker 4: Just give me those Papa John. Just give me those Papa John peppers and then I'll be sitting brooken.
Speaker 5: Oh I haven't seen those on? Why I haven't had Papa John's a long time Okay.
Speaker 4: I going, Jad, what are you doing? What's this? Get that out of here? No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Peppertini. Sorry, Canny, go ahead, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm really back in. We're gonna talk a little March madness. This is the first time the Sweet Sixteen is composed entirely of major conference teams. Since the Sweet Sixteen officially began in nineteen seventy five, only four different conferences are represented. Every other Sweet sixteen had at least seven, and I would say the realm that we're watching at least tonight. So far, the games have not been close, not been close. Your thoughts about the Sweet sixteen anybody?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it seems like seems like Florida's Uh, Florida just beat Maryland and uh, you know you got Alabama beating up on BYU. That was crazy. Alabama's on a roll. Actually that's the first blownout game they've had. Every game they've done so far has been close. And uh pensman s Duke Place tonight, Arkansas Place tonight, Uh tomorrow got.
Speaker 4: Miss Okay before this tips off, I think the Arkansas game's gonna be close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's gonna be the closest game you're gonna see the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 5: Due Purdue always has a good team. Uh, and Auburn looks for number one seed, you know. So yeah, Kentucky, Tennessee, that's gonna be a really good one. In Michigan State and will Miss.
Speaker 4: There has not been a Cinderella story yet.
Speaker 1: I don't think there will be.
Speaker 4: I don't think so either.
Speaker 6: I just I don't think so either. I don't think there's gonna be any upsets.
Speaker 4: That's why you're Brian.
Speaker 6: Bracket does look good at.
Speaker 3: My bracket's perfect.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll see what happens. I'm taking I'm taking in the final four of the championship. I'm looking at Duke in Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Arkansas would make it. That would be an upset because Arkansas is a ten scene.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but still John Calipari's their coach and he's from the Pittsburgh area.
Speaker 4: Take youre, Olf, thank you.
Speaker 5: He used to coach at Kentucky, and you know, Kentucky always had good teams.
Speaker 4: And so what did I say last week?
Speaker 5: Oh Pensman, I agree with you one Arkansas dude.
Speaker 4: You can't go by cal Perry. You cannot bet against him.
Speaker 5: No, you cannot. I was actually quite surprised that. Well. I like what Rick Patino did at Saint John's. I actually thought he did a really good shot.
Speaker 4: You know, and his son's got the job at see you if if you if you haven't heard.
Speaker 5: Well in case she in case you don't know Pensman, he was an assistant under uh Ron everhard to Keane.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Hey, So, speaking of Rick Patino and Richard Patino.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 3: I actually I put out this poll earlier on it.
Speaker 4: What is that.
Speaker 3: You don't want to know?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: So we've had fourteen votes so far. I think it was Let's see if I can pull it up real quick.
Speaker 4: Hold on what I voted was ninety two percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I'm sure it's still Yeah, it's pretty crazy. So yeah, we're up to fourteen votes. Eighty five point seven percent of the people say that Rick and Richard Patino is a better father son duo in basketball than Lebron and Bronnie James.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 5: You know that could be. I mean, you know, it could happen.
Speaker 3: I mean I think they are.
Speaker 2: Yes, with their success, both of them in the NC DOUBLEA tournament. I mean, yes, Bronnie, he's come on a little bit into his role.
Speaker 3: But as far as the college basketball.
Speaker 2: As far as well in the G League, that's where he should have been anyway, But as far as the college basketball thing goes, I wanted to mention tom Izzo.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, bro.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: He's coached for thirty years and he's made twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Straight NC Double A tournaments. And I can do quick math. That means that he has made the tournament ninety percent of the time. That is diabolical. That is ridiculous. Good give me fifty percent of that rate at my school. And I'm sure there's other schools. Brian Clemson, I'm sure y'all would want to go to the tournament half as much as tom Izzo has. And then not only that, he named all the years that he's been to the Sweet sixteen on a podcast the other day, Wow, nineteen ninety nine, two thousand and one, two thousand and two, two thousand and five, two thousand nine, twenty ten. He literally he named them all off, and he like that memory is still good. But tom Izzo, for a lot of people, not to give them credit, I think he might be the best coach left in this tournament right now.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, him and Sean Caliperi, those are the two I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know if I don't know if he'll be able to beat I mean, Texas Tech is really good.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he'll be able.
Speaker 2: But for him to go, for him to be in that first meeting with the team, and I don't know if y'all remember that press conference or not, but he was like, yeah, I met with the team.
Speaker 3: It was just me in there. There was nobody. It was him and like one other player. And for him to go from that.
Speaker 2: To being in the sweet sixteen of the NCAA tournament is nothing short of impressive. Absolutely, John calla party.
Speaker 3: Great work.
Speaker 1: So how do you guys feel about the transfer portal? Already has already opened, There's already been how many people, how many kids are already in the transfer portal and we're not even through the sweet sixteen. Like my issue with that is and I have a lot of issues with that because I think that the transfer portal should not open until the season is completely done, meaning all of the championship, because I think a it's kind of unfair for the players and the coaches right now from all of the teams, because let's face it, Tom is oh, right now, he's not thinking about what next year is. He's not thinking about the transfer portal. He's got to be thinking about this year's team and being in the sweet sixteen and coaching that team. He should not be having anybody on his staf And I understand he probably does have to have people on his staff recruiting already, but that to me should not be even a thing that they would be thinking about right now. And players have already left some of the programs that are still in the sweet sixteen. That's what's said as.
Speaker 2: Well your thoughts, Well, hey, i'll lead you off here. So there have been over twelve hundred players enter the portal already, which if you do that math, it comes out to like fourteen fifteen percent of the players have already entered the portal. And yes, that's wrong, it shouldn't happen. But what I will also say is it's wrong for coaches like Will Wade, who already had a job at NC State when he was coaching McNeese against Clemson. It was wrong for him to have a job lined up already. There's another coach in the tournament right now. I forget which team it is and what the coach's name is, but he's already accepted a job at another school. But he says his focus is for them to win a championship now and do the best they can.
Speaker 4: If Lucas alve buddy, are you talking about Lucas in Miami? No, No, it wasn't okay. I was going to say that he took the job down, that he'd left Duke and what the a SEC tournament. John Shires said to go be with your team, and he left. I thought you were talking about him. I was like, he did that, he left peacefully.
Speaker 2: No, I'm talking about head coaches. There is a sitting head coach that's in the Sweet sixteen right now. He just accepted a job today at another.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, oh no, there's tons. I mean we saw Rick Patino, Richard Patino, little Rick, whatever you wanna call him. He I mean, he already had something in the works to go to his new job. I'm sure, or else he wouldn't be named that quick. But no, there's another coach though, that's sitting and he's still in the tournament, and he's already got another head coaching job somewhere else.
Speaker 3: I think it's the Maryland head coach for I'm being honest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'll tell you what, guys now, So I'll tell you what guys in Candy Listen. The NIL or this NILS crap is just unbelievable. Now, Look, Pitts losing transit players for the transfer portal. And the only reason that is is because Jeff Caple decided to back out of the n i T for a second year in a row. Okay, how can you stay with a coach that you can't believe in, that will, that thinks that your team's not good enough to at least go to the n i T and try to make something out of the season. And also for two years in a row, he's lost the university money. And I'm hearing from my sources that Jeff Caple could be fired real soon because the university's very upset with him for two years in a row. And I blame this on the administration for next stepping in and saying you will go to the n i T if you like it or not. We need the money. You will go to the n I T. That's what's happening here at pitt But I do agree with Candy. It's the same thing in football, and it's unacceptable. It needs to be everything nil, transfers, coaches, whatever, nothing done until everything is done, the tournaments, the bull games, whatever is finished and done and satisfied. Then you get into the nil okay, Then you get into the transfer portal. Then you get into the coaches moving around Okay, nothing. The NCAA doesn't care. If they cared, they would structure themselves. And they don't structure nothing because they don't care.
Speaker 6: And I got and Clemson just lost, like I think four players already to the portal. Yes, yeah, And it's crazy how these guys are going well, honestly, school, okay, are you gonna play half? These kids are not even gonna go to play next year. They're just gonna like, let's just take how many would do? We say? Two thousand? So you're gonna take two thousand kids. There's not enough room for all these kids. You're exactly right, Brian, And there's enough play. I mean, if I fill my team up with portal guys, well what do I gotta fill my brackets up next year with? Okay, they're gonna leave too. So these coaches are gonna be stressed out because they don't even know who they're gonna have next year. They can lose a whole team.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, Brian, I'm gonna give you an example of something. There's a couple of football coaches who left college football to go to the pros or go to High Score or whatever because they got sick and tired of this NI on this transfer portal. Okay, that's number one. Number two, Brian, we have a player that he used to play for Pitt, John Hoogly. Okay, Hooglely was not a bad player. He played for two seasons with Pitt. He's been with Xavior and now he's moving on to another team. And before a Pitt he was with another team. He's been with five three teams in the last five years. Okay, So I understand what you're saying. And it's hard to keep continuity on a basketball or a football team in college football because this unorganized mess. No, it needs to be fixed, Yes, it does. Struggleds to happen.
Speaker 6: Well, it was like, hang on, I got in the video to day of a guy that was talking to some college and it was like on I forget what it was, but he was actually explaining, Hey, this is your nil deal. You still if you're making let's say two two hundred thousand a year. Let's say say they get endorsement for two thousand, you know, two thousand dollars. Well, do they not realize that they actually go have to go now to college and you have to pay Let's say you're playing in South Carolina. Now you go play in Miami or somewhere else that's got taxes. They have to pay taxes on it now the way they're playing that and they don't and kids don't understand that with an nil deal. Wait a minute, I'm lotting money on this deal.
Speaker 5: Okay. One of the Sanders kids, Brian, is broke. He's in bankruptcy. The other the other CHILDY ass notre.
Speaker 4: The other because he's getting paid, he's getting ready to get draft and get brillions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the other brother is broke. I mean he's literally a bankruptcy court. Okay. And that's and that's where this is going. Because there's no structure and the and the n c a A does not care. So what do they do nothing?
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing, right, Well, what I was gonna say, though, is you know a lot of people criticize the n C Double A, and rightfully so. And I've always used the phrase that the n C Double A was asleep at the will. But at this point, I don't even think they're in the right car. I don't even think they're in the right airplane. What I mean, whatever, And nowogy you want to use, I don't think the NC double A is. They couldn't land the plane, they couldn't keep the car from running off the side of the road. They are the ones who let this get out of hand. Yes, and now you see people like Jay Paterno, who me and Brian listened to earlier today on the radio. They're trying to fix it. But now you're trying to put toothpaste back in the two. It's not going to happen. So now they're trying to take all these corrective actions because of the NC double A not being in the car, and it's it's never gonna happen even and I wanted to mention too. Dawn Staley, she was asked about a Florida state transfer and what were her thoughts, and she tried to say, listen, I'm still in the midst of a tournament run. However, it's my job as a head coach to compartmentalize these things. I've got to learn that the portal, while it shouldn't be open right now, I can have whatever opinion on that I want to have.
Speaker 3: The fact is it's open.
Speaker 2: And if I'm not trying to better my university, my team, my school, whatever, then I'm not doing my job, is basically what she said. So the transfer portal, Yes, they need to figure out when these windows need to open. I think there was a Vanderbilt player who literally entered the portal thirteen minutes after they lost in the NCAA tournament. Thirteen minutes y'all for him to make a life changing decision. And this is life changing money that we're talking about that these kids can go and get. So anybody, I don't know whoever it is, p Digits, Brian Uh, Chuck Cane, any of you guys, Ralph Pensman, any of y'all, if y'all can figure out a way to fix this problem and make it happen.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, every place, every play wants me to fix the Steelers in the Penguins, I got enough on one play. I can't fix the Pittsburgh. I can't fix n c a A. There's no way I could fix n c A.
Speaker 3: Hey, well, it would be very simple. Just find your way into the car.
Speaker 1: What gonna make you the head, Jeff, or at least the window?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about if you put on something? Hopo, if you take that on.
Speaker 3: I haven't fixed like that.
Speaker 5: I got I got something. I got something for you. My la father used to say, this may rest in peace. The elevator hasn't gotten off the ground yet. With the NCAA.
Speaker 4: My my take is that they should open the portal in May. March. Madness is over, the championship's done. In May, they get their May, June whatever. They can go to their schools. They can go there and they can get used to their coaches, they can get used to the playbook and that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But the problem with that, Pensman is is now after the spring games, football games are over. Uh, you know, teams lose players because they're they're like, well I'm not playing or I'm doing this or I don't like this, you know. And now well for the football season starts, you lose, you lose players. There has to be something. Well, okay, yeah basketball May, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, college football good luck. But I'm saying college basketball just opened up in May. That way, they can go their schools by by November. They can get used to their coaches, get used to the campus, and they'll be fine. College football, good luck. That's that's JD's department.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that they should be doing, they should be negotiating in May to transfer, but don't they also have finals? Like, remember, they're going to school. We forget this. I mean, I get Ni L and we're throwing them all kinds of money, but we're they're also going to school. They also have finals and classes that they have to take as well.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought that up, Candy, because do they even have to have a GPA? Do they even have to have a great average? Changed? Right?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what's so crazy about it is we've completely lost the student athlete part.
Speaker 3: We lost the student part. But it's only thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's only in certain situations though, right, It's all when it's convenient to throw that student part in front of them in order to you know, put them you know, a rule or whatever.
Speaker 3: And then the n C doua A gets.
Speaker 2: Sued, and so it's just they've let this get way too far out of hand that I don't know that they'll ever be able to rein it in and fix it.
Speaker 4: The reason I ask Candy is because you don't see I'm gonna use Duke as of those seriously, Cooper flag suspended because he get a B or whatever, a ninety something whatever.
Speaker 1: For n C two a Division one student athletes, a minimum g p A of two point three in core courses is required for eligibility.
Speaker 4: Half of the students will be sleeping. It's still pass.
Speaker 5: Yes, I just just watch the movie Watch I can go.
Speaker 4: You can class with a two point three.
Speaker 2: Come on, well, I mean, unlet's be honest. They're on the road so much. They're not even in class anyway. These are online classes, and yes, just just go on there and do your work.
Speaker 3: That's all you have to do. Trust me, I have a degree. I'm not very well earned, mind you, like I understand.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the whole thing with the Carolina and their cheating stuff was these students weren't going to school. And oh, by the way, Jeremy Pruitt is suing the NCAA for one hundred million dollars wow, for his recruiting violations and lost wages.
Speaker 5: So it just.
Speaker 3: The money has become the bigger thing.
Speaker 2: The student part of the student athlete no longer matters in these situations.
Speaker 4: JDP digit said that he'll fix the whole situation.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, p dig it's good man. I'm telling you, between all of us and our listeners, we could fix it. I mean that we'd make him pay, but we can fix it.
Speaker 4: They should have seen the situation before it got out of hid and just controlled it right from the start.
Speaker 5: But they did exactly.
Speaker 1: Guys. I'm gonna reel it in and i'm gonna switch it over. I'm gonna do one topic on NFL. Former Packers quarterback Tim Boyle with the Tennessee Tight He has now played for twenty five percent of the teams in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Foughts anybody, Oh yeah, he's played a lot. I mean I've seen him in a lot of games. He was with the Detroit Lions, if I'm not mistaken, and he played a lot. He played there too, Miami I think, and a couple other teams he was with.
Speaker 2: The best thing I can possibly say about this, and I'll form it in the phrase of a question. But is there any better job in the world to have than being a backup quarterback in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can get a million five million dollars a year and just stand around and hold a clipboard and wear a hat.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And Tim Boyle, I mean he hasn't been much of a starter. There's tons of these quarterbacks though, Colly.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm thinking about the Missouri guy, Chase Daniel. That's him, Chase Daniel. He's made a career of and then guess what.
Speaker 2: Guess what they go do after that? They become a quarterback coach or a coordinator. So yeah, Tim Boyle, congratulations, go just keep being a backup. Jameis Winston, Russell Wilson going to your giants.
Speaker 4: Giants. He just mentioned, you're not my giant.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they're not your giant. I said the giant.
Speaker 4: You said your giants. I'm like, they're not my giants.
Speaker 2: No, not yours, but the fans giants. But either way, then you've got Aaron Rodgers. Looks like the Steelers are stuck with him now, Candy, I don't not necessarily.
Speaker 1: They're saying now that they might, he might set out the season.
Speaker 3: He's done.
Speaker 5: Okay, first of first of all, everyone quit drinking the Rogers cool lead. He's not coming here. He will not be here, Okay. I don't think he's gonna want to be a part of Arthur Smith's boring offense, and we don't have an offensive line to protect them, so I don't want him here. You know, he's also a locker room cancer. He's gotten the coaches fired. We don't need him here. He won't get Mike Tomlin fired, but he'll get Arthur Smith fired, which is not going to be a problem anyway.
Speaker 4: You're missing one thing. Ralph is going to crush his bow. Heyward is mad, Aaron Rodgers. Can you imagine him at practice?
Speaker 5: The best argument here, at all, the best the best thing that Steelers could do right now is either try to find another veteran quarterback, which was not out there. They got Mason Rudolph back. We go into this draft and get yourself Jackson Thort or somebody, and how all right, there's nothing else to do. What is the Steelers going to do? Absolutely nothing? Drop the ball on this.
Speaker 2: I've heard I've heard Kirk period, I've heard Kirk Kirk cousins might come into play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah after July the first, there's some kind of calls where I've heard that Kirk could come into play for the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, it's time for my tone. Well, actually, before we do that, I am going to do a quick station because I have not done one yet. South Florida Tribune Publishing Company published a book, Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by my husband, Scott the MotorCity Madmouth. Morgan Roth talks about his forty plus years in the media business and how it has evolved and changed. It is available on Amazon, Birds and Noble, Kindle, Google, and Apple Books. Go get your copy today. There's also a link on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com, where there's a linktor merchandise store as well as a plethora of great content. Go check it out. Do you see that red subscribe button in a lower right hand corner. Click it like a share with all your friends and family. Monday nights we talk baseball, Tuesday nights we talked football, Wednesday and Thursdays. You never know what we're gonna talk about all Thursday nights. We do talk hockey as well. Last night Scott did a one on one show with Megan Price, the Queen of Hoof. So if you are into basketball, you gotta go check out that show. We were Monday. We were down in Miami and Coral Gables at Miami's Pro Day to Seecam Ward throwing the ball and nineteen other prospects. They had twenty people working out. All thirty two teams were there. There's interviews on our YouTube channel. Go check those out as well. If you listen to podcasts, you can find us wherever you get podcasts. If you want to advertise Carl Scott nine three four four one. If you want to be a guest, email me at South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Okay, can't back, Yes, can we talk about the Mets just for a little bit.
Speaker 1: You can talk about the Mets?
Speaker 4: Sure. The New York Mets today opened up against the Houston astrous one sotal. The highest paid guy didn't want to stay in pinstripes. What to go across town. He got paid probably the highest paid MLB player. He got one for three, one for three and Clay Holmes is still Clay Holmes. He pitched five innings, it gave up four runs. Good job, guys, what way to go over across the cross town?
Speaker 5: Love it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I love it?
Speaker 1: Anybody else, have a quick talk a bit before we go to my town.
Speaker 3: No, I think I'm ready for my town. Whenever you all are.
Speaker 5: Let's go, Ralph, go for it all right, as everyone knows. And they said earlier, stop drinking the roster's kool aid because the Steelers are not getting them. Okay. The Pirates, on the other hand, they lost today the Marlins a bullpen blew it again. I feel bad for Paul Skins because he's got to play for this bad team and pitch for them as well. The Pittsburgh Penguins, for some weird reason, seemed to start getting hot at the end of the season when they need to be hot in the middle and at the beginning of the season. And it seems obvious that that's the way it is. With Mike Sullivan. I call him mediocre Mike, just like Mike Tomlin. Okay, Pittsburgh has bad professional teams, lack of thinking, lack of common sense. And now this is where Pittsburgh is and who would have ever thought that ever thought this is where Pittsburgh sports teams are today. And the pitt Panther spring game is in April. I think it's the first weekend or first Saturday in April. And let me say this, I hope pat Northeusy has a good season because Allen Green are a new athletic director, will fire caple By. I'd say the summer, and then I think Northuisia will get fired if this season goes a raw. Okay, look out, pitt Alan Green's coming to get you. There you go, that's my.
Speaker 1: Time, Brian, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 6: Clemson's on fire? That Clemson's losing, Clemson's losing people, and they're getting spring training going down in Clemson and we're dealing with a fire and pickings right now. That's what's happening in my town.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say it's literally on fire. No gun intended like it's literally on fire. We saw the smoke yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, crazy Pensman. What's happening in your tone?
Speaker 4: Well, Ralph summed it up a little bit. The Pittsburgh Penguins keep losing and keep winning. That roller coaster just keeps going, and Alexandro Ovechkin is six goals away from breaking Wayne Gretzky's record, So congratulations to a Vegkin. He's gonna get it this year or early next year. I just want to point that out. I'm not a Capitals fan, but you got to give credit to alexand Alexandrovechkin what he's been doing.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, well, I will take it back to the food talk that we had earlier.
Speaker 4: We still hot dog.
Speaker 3: No, well, we're gonna talk about.
Speaker 2: The new Texas Rangers single a affiliate that's coming to Spartanburg, South Carolina. They will be known as the Hub City Spartan Burgers, and they have a burger that is a fried green tomato, local pimento cheese, a burger patty, and a pass on top pass and uh, there's.
Speaker 3: A picture of it. It looks pretty good. I'll be honest with you. I love a good fried green tomato.
Speaker 2: But there's also have about a cracker Jack Bennie or if I could interest you in their deep fried pizza. So these guys, they're gonna have some really good food. They also have a Carolina swall dog, right, here picture of that right there. You can find the pictures at j D Wyatt zero six on X. Make sure to hit smash on subscribe for South Florid A Tribune and Southern Fried Sports and Brian and Pensman and Ralph and everybody in between. But as for my town, hopefully we get these fires put out and hopefully no more smoke comes my way, and y'all be blessed, not stressed, and just be kind to one another.
Speaker 5: Dang it well Tuesday, JD.
Speaker 4: Well, Well, JD already got where he can find the wet.
Speaker 5: Also, please please on my Twitter page, I need four, I repeat four followers to make two hundred. Please help me out. I'd like to make it by Monday. Please to four followers, that's it.
Speaker 2: P Digits, I know, P Digits, Caine, Gamecock, Chuck, I know you guys can help us out there. Hey, y'all hit subscribe on Ralph if you don't know his Twitter, I'll hit it up. These guys help us out there here on the stream man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll get it done for you. Absolutely, Thank you, d.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it so.
Speaker 1: For my town. Prayers to Damian Lillard because going out with deep vein thrombosis otherwise known as blood clots is nothing to take lightly. That can be very serious. I feel for the Bucks, and I feel for Giannis because he is such a phenomenal player and to only have one championship underneath his belt at this point in his career is sad for me. He's playing for a small market team and I hope he doesn't leave. I really hope he doesn't leave. But I hope the Bucks can rebound from life without Damien for a while, because they're saying, really to heal. It could take a good three to four months to really heal, and I hope they they give him that time, and I hope he takes the time to heal and doesn't try to come back too early. But it was sad to see because anytime, just like I feel bad for Juju Watkins, anytime a player goes out with any kind of injury, whether it be a season ending or we forget that they played a game and we look at them at a game, but they also have a life to live and life is more important. Just like these fires we need, they need to be taken seriously and stopped. But that so that's really I'm gonna end it with that because that's really what's been on my mind. Obviously, I said earlier, the Wisconsin women's hockey team did great. Awesome with that, mister Pensman, you you want to update us on some scores.
Speaker 4: It's seventeen sixteen, eleven, twenty three to go in the first half. But that is what I want to talk about. The Duke gave you. Ask Brian, I'm watching the game also, I see you watching, but no, I wanted to say that Alabama just set a due record of three point shots made to late. They shot total of twenty five to three pointers that is the most in NCAA tournament ever in March Badness history. So congratulations to Alabama for shooting twenty five to three pointers and making the ball.
Speaker 1: Okay, with that being said, I want to first thank everybody that's been in the chat room. Appreciate all of you commenting and watching. Now I want to give everybody on this panel a chance to tell everybody how they can get a hold of you and watch you and subscribe to your channels, because I'm asking everybody's watching subscribe to all of these fine gentlemen, all these channels because they're giving their time up for us, so please help them out as well. We're all just trying to do better and be better. So with that, Pensman, how can people find you?
Speaker 4: You can find me on YouTube. I have seven hundred and sixty subscribers. I did a bunch of Yankee shorts. Sorry, Candy, I did a bunch of Yankee shorts break when I got home from work. So go take the look out and you can find me on Exit Pensman Sports too.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ralph, how can people.
Speaker 5: Find you YouTube? By my own YouTube channel, ral Williams RW Media. Please subscribe, all right. I like to get the three hundred by the end of the year. I guess more than that. That's a bonus, all right. And also don't forget my Twitter x platform as well. And I need four more followers to make two hundred by Monday, which it's the end of the mo That was my goal and let me see if I can get there. Also, you can catch I'm on Tumbler. I'm on LinkedIn Facebook as well, and I also have my own radio show on two radio shows on Saturday eight am to nine am, The ROELH Williams, Tony Moreno Show, on twelve fifty am The Answer in Pittsburgh. Also, I have a Sports Corner radio show two to three pm twelve fifty am The Answer as well at nine am to ten am Scott Morgan Roth and myself and Leo Haggerty and a guest of our choosing. Every Saturday morning at nine am to ten am is the Sports Wrap Show. We have a lot to talk about this Saturday, including the NCAA tournament's more, NFL free agency, the Draft, and a whole lot more. So we'll be talking about that on Saturday morning at nine am. And we're also in a huddle sports network, the Sports Rap, and we're on the South Florida Tribute Network as well, and soon to be on the Oracle Radio Network. So there you go.
Speaker 4: Wow, GD par two lot.
Speaker 2: I was just sending this to P Digits, P Digits, my man, Gangcock, Chuck, my man. If you have show ideas or if you want to join the show as a guest, feel free to email Candy and them at the email she provided, which was what was it, Candy.
Speaker 1: South Florida Tribune at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Y'all hit him up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they'll be happy to have your topics, your ideas, you as people. We're just here to be better people, help each other grow and be better. I am the Southern Fried gentlemen of Southern Fried Sports. Make sure to hit subscribe on everybody I sent out Ralph's link. Let's get him up to two hundred followers. Let's help out Brian, Let's help out Pensman, Florida Tribune.
Speaker 3: Y'all, we look. We just here to have fun, have a good time. So hit subscribe, Hitler like hip follow come make fun of me for all I care. I don't care. I don't care. Whatever take I got, you can come laugh at me or whatever. Don't bother me one bit. And so y'all be blessed, not stressed, and just be kind to one another. Dang it and bang bang.
Speaker 1: Brian, how can people find you?
Speaker 5: All? Right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 6: You can find me on the Odyssey, you can find me on YouTube, you can find me on Twitch, and you can find me on a Spotify podcast under Tiger Stripes Media.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, is that what you wanted to do?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 3: You go, that's nice. I need one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Actually I don't think.
Speaker 3: What I'm sorry I'm laughing at Pete does it? That is an inside joke, okay, because he said I have so many handles. He was like, JD, what was your only fans? So now he apparently ask everybody what they're only fans is.
Speaker 1: So the one thing we didn't talk about. The other thing that happens this weekend besides March madness is this is opening weekend for the UFL. So they start Friday night eight pm Saint Louis BattleHawks against the Roughnecks, than Saturday and Sunday, so it's kickoff weekend. JD. I know you want to talk a little bit about it. Did you have a quick take or no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can be quick.
Speaker 2: There is nothing that I am least excited about than UFL football, y'all. Like, I get enough of football throughout the year. My team's the Panthers, the game Cocks. They're bad enough in football. I don't need to watch more bad football. So there is literally nothing that I am least excited than the UFL.
Speaker 1: I understand. I understand with that, I'm going to do my mind one more time. The self Flare, a Tribune publishing company, published a book Lessons for the Microphone tuning into the enduring wisdom of visionary leaders. It is written by Scott MotorCity Madmouth Morgan Roth, who is the brains and the person that came up with Self Florida Tribune. He is the icon. He has been in the media business for over forty years. He wrote this book. Get your copy today Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Google and Apple Books. It's also the link on our website www dot self, Floridatribune dot com. Subscribe to our YouTube channel. Check out all the videos we have. I have a short video of Cam on media at Pro Day throwing to Xavier Ristreppo. We have an interview with from Cam. We have some other great content, so go check it out. Check out all of the other that gave their Twitter handles, subscribe to them, follow them. If you want to be a guest in the show, email me at self flirtattribute at gmail dot com. And if you want to advertise call Scott nine five four three oh four four nine four one. You can find us wherever you listen to podcasts. It's been great, guys. It's always great talking with you guys. Anything else.
Speaker 2: One last score update, Arkansas up ten to five with fifteen to go in the first half.
Speaker 4: Pensman Duke score twenty sixteen right now with forty five to go. And I want to need some help with this because I'm not fully understanding it yet. But there is a kickoff rule change in twenty twenty five, so I'd like to talk about that in the future.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, we'll have to hit those NFL rules. They some of them did come out today. Hey, they got rid of this one right here. That is a that is a fifteen yard penalty now, yo, so remind.
Speaker 1: Us next week and we'll have to talk about that next week.
Speaker 5: Okay, every homework, homework.
Speaker 3: And hose can you see by the early like.
Speaker 1: That's right, We're gonna we should start our broadcast out like that, right instead of.
Speaker 6: Our Hey, one last thing in love with each other?
Speaker 1: There you go. Sounds like a great way to end the show.
Speaker 4: I think you stole that from j D.
Speaker 6: No I didn't.
Speaker 1: Hey, good night everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah,