Speaker 1: Mount it. If I stand up for somethlet I'm not gonna hide bind the mass talk about it.
Speaker 2: It's all program to create chaos. Fifty five KRS at six at fifty five KRCV Talkstation EPY Wednesday Quick Reminder listener lines today at Little Miami Brewery, where you will meet and see Jack Atherton, who was on the program earlier, along with his beautiful wife Ainsley, and everybody else that shows up at lunch, including Curbage Mike. He's invited. Don't know that he can make it. Welcome to the fifty five krc Morning Show and thank God for your service for our country. Dan Claire, he is the chief Communications and Outreach Officer for the Disabled American Veterans. You can find them in line at DAV dot org. He's got an amazing background. Marine Corps veteran of the Persian Golf and an Air Force veteran of the War in Iraq. He's been with the he's been the Communications and Outreach Officer for the DAV since August twenty nineteen, but he's got a long history with the DVAV. Welcome Dan Claire. If I went through your resume and your CV, we wouldn't have any time to talk about this boot camp that we're going to be. You're giving us a details on Good to have you on the fifty five Carse Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Sir, hey Brian, thanks for having me, and thank you for your support for veterans. You have quite a reputation for supporting our cause, so thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I it's the least I can do. I tell people every single time that's brought up. I did not enlist, and I have such profound respect for those who just threw the dice by enlisting, not knowing where they were going to end up or what they were going to be doing. And real quick on that note, as your CV notes, you're a Marine Corps veteran of the Persian Gulf and an Air Force veteran of the war in Iraq. How does that happened?
Speaker 1: Well, you spent four years in the Marine Corps and I got out right before nine to eleven. So I got out and came back in right before nine to eleven just to keep my military service going in the Air National Guard. And then nine to eleven happened, so I deployed on nine to eleven to help FEMA teams and here we are.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well, okay, let's begin with the Disabled American Veterans Program again DAV dot org. What's the organization all about? What is the purpose of its existence?
Speaker 1: You know, we're trying to keep promises to veterans. We're trying to make sure that if a veteran was changed in service, that we're doing everything we can to help them meet their maximum potential. And that's what DAV Patriot boot Camp, this entrepreneur program that we have this morning is all about. It's a three day cohort. We're going to be helping about fifty five we expect entrepreneurs and the veteran and military connected community. We're going to give them the building blocks that they need so that they can be company owners, so that they can be benefits providers, so they can continue to contribute to our country. It's an amazing program and it wouldn't be possible, you know, talking about people who did not serve. This program would not be possible without the many, many local CEOs here in Cincinnati who contribute. We have more than twenty mentors who are coming from the CEO ranks here locally. It's a great program and they bring tremendous value to these veterans who just want the chance to have business to be more accessible to them.
Speaker 2: Well, there's nothing like a successful person in business that has all those you know, has experience, been there, done that, build those and knows about those foundational building blocks that inevitably lead to this to success. Now, the folks that are going to be attending this boot camp, are they want to be future entrepreneurs or do they already have businesses of some sort and are leaking and seeking to expand and learn more about how that happens. Who qualifies to be a part of this group.
Speaker 1: Well, we're making a big investment in these folks. So we were looking for people who have made some concrete steps to show that they're serious, that they have a business idea that they usually have websites, they have NEI in you know, they're they're they're raising some funds, they're hiring some people. Because those are the people, you know, who we're taking a risk on and we think that they're going to excel and so we want to get them in the program so that they can grow. It's taken that next sleep for their companies from.
Speaker 2: What areas of business do the mentors come from, because I'm certain of my listening audience. So someone out there has got their ears perked up. One, Hey, that sounds like something I would like to help out with.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's awesome. They're CEOs, they're folks in marketing, their attorneys founders. I mean the list locally. We just have actually an attorney from Dinsmore and he is donating Brett Renzenbrink is donating five thousand dollars worth of legal services to support these vetteran entrepreneurs. These are just people who've been there, done that kind of in terms of their careers, and they want to give back. They want to help veterans avoid those early mistakes that they might have made in their careers and their businesses so that they can get the trajectory they need to succeed.
Speaker 2: Right, So I guess in terms of the legal services that are being volunteered there and salute to those who've done that. What a great thing, because I know how much it costs to hire a lawyer. It ain't cheap, ever, but setting up, for example, the appropriate corporate structure for any given business.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's incredibly important. And that's one of those services as we were at a cohort in Washington, d C. And we had two lawyers there that would have cost a veteran for an hour. You know, we're talking about thirteen hundred dollars an hour apiece. And these folks are thrilled to come in and give veterans their services.
Speaker 2: You know what I was when I was in house with Anthem Blue Cross a blue ship. We're going back nineteen years now because it is my nineteenth year in radio. I remember the first time because I was in charge of managing litigation that we had outsourced in certain times, and I remember the first time I got a four figure per hour a bill out of some New York law firm and had soiled myself just looking at that going I cannot believe how much money these guys cost. But you just hit the nail on the head on that one. So lawyers out there help out the disabled American veterans with these programs. Now, you mentioned it's that the boot camp is starting today. So this I presume that this is not an appeal for folks to sign up for this particular boot camp. Do you do you do them throughout the year, Dan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, we're back in May and we you know, this is a program it sources nationally, but we have a handful of great local companies who are participating. We have a Remodel It Right company, James Hannen, Air Force veteran, is trying to help remodel homes here locally. We have a branding company, Stephen Easley's Easily Blessed Media and they're just helping companies get their branding down straight. We even have a taekwondo company from Wilder representing the cohort. So it's a fun group. They're they're they're a little bit spread out in terms of the types of services, the types of products they offer, but they're veterans who we think are going to be extremely successful down the road.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, speaking of extremely successful, Dan Claire, chief Occasions Officer for the da V, can you share maybe a couple of success stories about the results of the Patriot boot Camp some of the alumni success stories.
Speaker 1: Sure. I mean, one one that sticks out to me is Alvin Allan Parvis. He's the CEO of Go Faster Alan's company that's here and since Cincinnti based company, he's making running shoes that are kind of a hybrid trail and walking shoe or a trail and street shoe. He's an example of a company that's done great. We have people with just amazing ideas, amazing solutions. One of the one of the founders we had, had developed a reservoir that collected water for to refill your windshield. So you know, you've ever been in the rain and mud and you run out of windshield wipe or fluid and you're in big trouble and you're like, oh my god, it's raining outside. But he had he'd developed the way that you could take in rain water with a detergent and then clean your windshields. And of course now cars are kind of all over. It's just they're amazing ideas. You see with veterans, they want to change the world, they want to be involved in something that's meaningful, and that's what we see with these entrepreneurs' new missions.
Speaker 2: How about that, it's one of those things you're surprised that nobody ever thought of that before. So I guess are there and I have. I think I maybe seen a whole all of fifteen or twenty minutes of shark Tank, where you know, they show off products and try to get executives to buy into them or thumbs up and thumbs down kind of thing. Are is there certain elements of that involved.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. We have a pitch contest that goes into every cohort and it's very much dav Shark Tank without the intellectual property theft. It's a great it's a great thing, you know, and that follows up on the digital side. So if you sign up to get information, we'll let you know when that contest is going to be held. We've had folks from this program compete in Shark Tank and even win. So we're we're rolled with the types of companies that we have.
Speaker 2: Wow. And it's over the course of how many.
Speaker 1: Days, it's three full days we start off. This morning, we just had a bustload of people come in. This program also introduces veterans and entrepreneurs to Northern Kentucky. We're supported by Meet NKY, Blue North. I mean just the business community in Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati, and Indiana have just coalesced around this program. We couldn't do it without them. They offer great advice and they're doing this all ot just because they know it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 2: It is the right thing to do. It's like my support of the American veterans the right thing to do for me, because you know it's worthy sho support them, because it's just a quality group of people. I mean, you already sung their praises and you can only double down on that. I mean, I know there's some outliers and some bad eggs out in the world, but that's the case with literally everybody. But I don't think you can find a better class of people than those folks who have served their country and served them, served proudly. And I'm glad this program is out there. When's the next boot camp?
Speaker 1: The next boot camp is coming up the first week of May. You can sign on. You can actually visit Patriot boot Camp dot org to get specifically into this program. Always visit dav dot org for benefits, help for volunteerism, for transportation, things like that. But but this our next cohort is May five through seven. Here locally, we want people to sign up. We want mentors, we need mentors, we need speakers. So we encourage everyone to get involved. Sign up, we'll start to send you information and uh and we'll make you part of our community.
Speaker 2: At the risk of having you repeat yourself. I just want to make sure I understand. You're looking for folks who already have you know, their their their toes in the water of business, have something to show for their entrepreneurial direction, not just someone who's got a great idea but it hasn't come to any measure of fruition. I got that right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, We're looking for people who've made a serious step because it's you know, this is a program. It brings thousands of dollars worth of value, and we want to make it make sure that our mentors time is being dedicated to people who are going to go out there and use it, you know, really put it to work. And they're serious companies. They're serious people. They're you know, veterans, are resilient people. They know how to scale, they know discipline, they understand how to adjust in changing environments. They're just great people. And this gives them the opportunity. You know, just a lot of these guys, when when most people were going to college or starting their first business, they were serving their country. Now we're able to just level the playing field a little bit for them, give them some of those building blocks so they can go on and really conquer the world.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a great concept this is and how long have you been doing this?
Speaker 1: We've been doing this. This became a DAV program. It was a separate charity founded by civilians to help veterans get into the tech center. We've had it a DV it's been a DV program for three years, but overall it's been going on for about twelve years that the programs existed. It was started by you know, some very Governor Jared Poulis was one one of the people who is one of the original founders of the program. It's just it's an exceptional community that DAV was able to inherit. When we brought on DAV Patriot boot.
Speaker 2: Camp, Well, it comes through loud and clear in your voice, the enthusiasm you have and how proud you are of this program and the work that you're doing for the American veterans. So I'm I'm just pleased to sponge to have you on the program to support it. Patriot Bootcamp dot org for the information and let's see here. I know there was one more thing I wanted to ask you. Oh, sometimes I have a brain bubble on the morning show, Sir and apologies for that. Oh yeah, I just it. Also, I mean, in addition to this, it sounds like there could be a parallel sort of networking function among the young entrepreneurs of the veteran entrepreneurs as well as the mentors in the program.
Speaker 1: Oh it's huge. We've had Honey Baked Hams. One of the family members of Honey Baked Hams has donated legal services, his attorney, his retainer, he's donated that to help more in the North are Dton area entrepreneur with a company called Whiskerman he's donated legal time. I mean, these the people who get involved, they usually stay involved, stay in contact, and they're ongoing mentors. And we need about forty to fifty mentors if we have forty to fifty participants for every cohort. So there are always opportunities to help. If you have a skill you think you can bring to the table, please volunteer, Please get involved. We'll make it worth your time, all right.
Speaker 2: Now, for that group of people, those interested entrepreneurs that have been there and done that want to help out, do they go to Patriot Bootcamp dot org or do they go to the dav dot org.
Speaker 1: Site Patriot boot camp dot org is the fastest way to get there.
Speaker 2: Fastest way to get there will be linked online blog and podcast pages. My friend Jostrecker's edit it already, so click right there. If you can't remember Patriot Bootcamp dot org, just remember fifty five KRC dot com. You know, Dan on behalf of all of my listeners who all support the American veterans. Danclaire, thank you so much for what you're doing with the DAV and keep up the great work. And anytime you want to talk about something going on with the DAV or remind folks about the boot camp down the road. You got to welcome opportunity here in the fifty five Cars Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brian, thank you so much. Thank you Joe, and thanks Todd for helping get this thing together. God bless you guys.
Speaker 2: And you sir, appreciate your time. Eight twenty right now fifty five krese the talk station and a great time to mention cover Sincy. My friends are cover Sincy to help get you medical insurance, better coverage for less money. I do a Sunday show with John Rohlman and we talk about facets of medical insurance every Sunday at a thirty and it's just it's absolutely fascinating, it's interesting, and you think, ok, listen to a half hour show on medical insurance. Absolutely, you will learn so much and there's so much to know. And the team that covers Sincy, John Rowman and the team know literally everything there is to know. And they are your people, your people specifically when you are working with them, and it doesn't cost you anything at all to work with them. Now, of course you're going to be purchasing insurance policies from them, but it's a different way of doing medical insurance because they have access to hundreds of insurance companies, thousands of different policies. But because they are literally in your corner, they pick and choose which policies and coverage are the best for your situation. You know, they can save you heaploads of money, get you better college coverage, dollar one coverage. They know where the real problems are when it comes to medical care. You know, like anticipating that unexpected hospital visit. You know what might be in store for you if you're not properly insured. Cover since he does, and they'll explain it to you and ultimately you can save a heapload of money while getting better medical coverage and covering for those contingencies. To reach out to them, there is no obligation. You just give them information and then they will work on preparing something that's exactly right for your needs. Two ways to do that coversincy dot com. There's a form there you can fill out, and it strongly encourage you to fill out as much information as you can can. It speeds the process along, but they'll reach out to you very quickly and get back with you. Or you can call them directly at eight hundred call that's five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred two two five five. This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station. For more information about contests on this