Speaker 1: Something you should go. Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldr dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put a retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis goldr dot com. I have Pastor Eric joining me, Pastor Pineapple from u g M Union Gospel Mission. I'm again everything right.
Speaker 2: Yes, you need Gospel Mission of Sioux Falls.
Speaker 1: And you guys have been around a bit. It's from nineteen hundred, is that what you're at?
Speaker 2: Starting nineteen hundred Saint Patrick's Day, So it will be one hundred and twenty five years on Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 1: Which again that's sneaking right up. And you're doing some cool stuff for your one twenty fifth, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are. We're having a party, So come down and join with us, come and hang out, and send in some checks to support us. There you go, because we definitely need it. We don't take any government money. Yeah, all donor based. And so we're trying to do a thing. We're trying to help people get better and get stable.
Speaker 1: And I've had a chance to do something with you. Guys, every time I've ever worked with you, I've been so impressed. It's a great organization, wonderful people doing wonderful things. And there's a reason you've been around one hundred and twenty five years, and you know, it's because you have a great team of people there.
Speaker 2: We have a great team of people. But not only that, it's needed. Yeah, so I would love not to be a shelter in this community, but it's needed. And so what we want to do is make sure that we're loving people good, you know. And so how do you bring somebody back from that's hit the bottom, Well, you bring them back with love. You love them just right where they're at.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, the average person listening right now, how can they help? Is it best for people to write a check or are you looking for people to come and help or you you know, what's the best way for somebody to get involved in help?
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, so we love people to come and volunteer and get involved and see what we're doing. There's so much to do down there. There's closed sorting and because we give clothes away to the public, you know, so you can come down and do volunteerism. You can come down and just see what we're doing. Help out in the kitchen. We do one hundred and forty two thousand meals a year through our kitchen. We don't close. We're open seven days a week, three meals a day. We don't we're not you know, some places closed in town, but we don't close. We keep on feeding people in the weekends. We feed a lot of people, six seven hundred people during the weekend. And it's awesome, you know. So all we got food boxes. You can come down on Tuesdays and Thursdays from one to four come help pass out food to people with neat like. So we did three thousand food boxes last month. Wow, which is huge. Right. So, but everything that we do has a little bit of cost to it, right, So we get great donations from people in our community and things like that, and so we're able to do these things. And so we also do case management. And if you are nurse, we have in Midwest street Medicine that works out of the mission. You can join them. There's so much you can do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you're listening and you're going, I would like to get involved. I would like to help reach out talk to the folks at Union Gospel. They'll find a good place for you to help. Or if you're saying, boy, I just don't have the time, but I could certainly write a check to help with the things that they're doing. That is very helpful as well. And if they want to do that, they find you just go to the website or stop it and see it. What's the best way.
Speaker 2: Both come in and see us and take a tour. Come in to the tour.
Speaker 1: It's a cool tour.
Speaker 2: It's a cool tour.
Speaker 1: And I was telling him he's coming to the radio station here. I was like, well, I'll give you the Nickel tour. It doesn't take as long our our tour is like three minutes. There's that, here's this, and well that's it. I guess it's less than three minutes.
Speaker 2: Ours is about thirty minutes. Yeah, you will spend some time and there's a lot to see. Lots that we have done there in the last five years, and so we've really changed some things to make it where we're helping people get better and helping people really become stable in what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, Union Gospel Mission exciting thing. One hundred and twenty five years. They've been around now one hundred and twenty five years. On Saint Patrick's Day, So you're going to have a big party. Is it on Saint Patrick's Day?
Speaker 2: It is on Saint Patrick's Day. And go to the website and see it. You can get us on Facebook two as well. You need you GM suit Falls. But it's from like noon to seven to night, and so it's a stop in. We're gonna be having people talking about how the Missions help them throughout their life and where they're at now. So we're gonna have some testimonies of people saying, here's what's happened from when I was homeless and now I'm not homeless and I'm doing better. So we'll have people talking about their story. We'll have food, so just come down and visit. We'll have cookies. So you had me cookies, I know, right, Just come on in and have a cookie. But the best thing is to do because a lot of people go, I didn't realize that the Mission does all this, and so we do all this. We keep on doing the thing in Suit Falls to help the people that need help. And we're not giving a handout, we're giving a hand up. So we're really helping people get better and stable. We put three hundred and sixty six people in housing last year. That's amazing, and no receipt of vision. So they're not getting out, they're staying in the system. They're staying as taxpayers. Now they have jobs, they're doing the thing. And so that's just last year. Yeah, and so we keep on doing this, We keep on working with people. But the biggest thing, it really costs money to do this. So if anybody's out there willing to donate, you know, a million dollars or two million or even five bucks.
Speaker 1: You know what I said, You got me closer there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, I mean, but it's anything really, Like you see the guys that downtown holding signs. Anything does help, and anything does. Your time helps, your prayers help, your your thoughts help. You're like, hey, tell a friend about us. Yeah, those things help. Bring clothes to the mission and we can use all. Remember go, summer's coming, so give us. Get all your winter clothes, stick them in a box and bring them to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, absolutely again. One hundred and twenty five years Union Gospel Mission in Siouo Falls Pastor Pineapple Pastor Eric, thank you for joining us, sir.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you. You really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: These guys are wonderful and they do some great things. If you get a chance, stop down on Saint Patrick's Day for their one hundred and twenty fifth anniversary. And I'm going to throw a link to all the details on our Facebook page. Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com.