Speaker 1: All right, quick wit Evan Wind, I'll show you gone bruinhead be except with simper free pursuing it. Dold out shaw shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three your clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. How we'd starting to get crabby? Shows that up multiply like a rabbit tun then so out crank.
Speaker 2: It up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm hang out with.
Speaker 2: Rocking on the lady, kat Thirstine, all of them, lady, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, happy helped everybody. It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wad, Kevin kt Turner and Christina little Baby corn Bread Ray all hands on deck today and we're excited to be here. We got a great show for you. We're gonna keep it local, we're gonna keep it funny, and you're gonna have a good time. We're gonna make the workday fly on by and I before we get started, I just wanted Christina, you and Skin missed something that was magical last night. Katie and I were super honored to be there to help Travis Frederick with his twenty twenty five tee off for Hunger Top Golf event. All right, it's Blocking Hunger. That's his charity foundation. It was at Top Golf in the colony. Our friends at Cantelly and Roots Focus put it on. Our friends at CSL Materials were involved. Big deal. Travis has been doing this for many years. It's to help kids in DFW that our food deprived, you know, that have a food need. And it's you know, I think they said nine out of ten inner city kids have food related issues, which is tragic, you know. Yeah, And so it's a phenomenal cause. It's been very important to Travis since he got here in Dallas. Now Travis Rederck doesn't even live here anymore, he lives in Wisconsin, but he still does this charity here and he still helps local kids who are in need of food. And so it was a big event last night and we're at Top Golf in the colony and Skin turned his back on the charity so he couldn't be there. I'm not into charity. No Skin had a skinhead, Travis had to change the date of the event, and so it just wasn't a mix for Skin. So Kat was kind enough to sit in and do it with me last night. And so Travis is so incredibly laid back. Okay, he's good man. He's thirty four years old and retired and rich, Holly, he is an old soul too. He's younger than Kat and Christina, and he's rich, and he's retired pretty good plan and he's still in his fighting way. And his hair looks badass and his beard looks badass. He looks great and great. He is so respected within the Cowboys organization that even though he hadn't been on the team now for six years or something, has it really been that way, right? It's been a while, been a while, Okay, So he never played after the pandemic.
Speaker 3: I think he might have played the twenty twenty. Did he play for McCarthy. I don't know, I truly do. I don't want to look it up. I'll look it up here.
Speaker 2: You guys used to be Cowboy fans. So even though he hadn't played in a long time. Dak pre Scott was there, that speaks volumes, Tyron was there, Zach was there, Tyrone Crawford was there, Tyler Smith was there. A lot of offensive linemen, a lot of really big dudes. See the giant guys. You're like, oh my god, these guys are going to destroy the long drive competition. But when they slice, when they hit the golf ball, it just goes fuck. It's like the loudest noise ever. You're like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: They all had you know, the Top Golf, they have their clubs there, but everyone was using Terrence Steele's the right tackle. Everyone was using his driver. Oh man, because I had the extended chef. Are you talking to these guys before before they get started? As like as the one as I have Terrence's club, I got a good chance at it. Yeah, you know the long drive. But you know Travis war Jean, so it's kind of ruled him out. He's got a long drive competitor, he played, he competed, but he was not a contender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's gotten easier and easier and easier for us to do this event. You know, it's skinning and I did it many years where we had to wear a suit and it was this big gala and there's a meal, and it just became, you know, a top golf event and it's just fun and laid back and you feel like if you get to go. You're super fortunate and again awesome sponsors, and you know, it's just a great event to be involved with. But it's not as high pressure as it used to be, whereas sometimes we host events and there's a huge script. Yeah, and there's a lot to say. There's one hundred names and there's no pronunciation guide for any of the names, and oh my god, and so I'm sorry, is this doctor kannakchi krocera. So this one is just such a well oiled machine now. And so right before the event, like I hadn't really looked too closely at the script because it's gotten so easy, Like, really, he has us involved, and it's just nice of him to have us involved. He doesn't really need us, right, and he could do it. He could easily do it. He's better than us at our job. He could easily do our jobs if you wanted to. And so Travis has us out there, and so I right before we left the studio, I go, Katie, will you print the script? And he was like yep, because we hadn't really spent a lot of time going over it. Well, then he forgot to bring the script. Okay, so we're there going over the script with the lady who's in charge of everything, Katie, who's awesome, and he was like, oh, yeah, no, see, it's fine. Yeah, And she was so laid back. It was like everything's gonna be easy. And then we noticed at one point it was like Travis had changed the rules to the long drive competition.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: And it says Ben tells the crowd the rules to the long drive competition. I'm like, oh, no, I don't. I don't know that. And so we're like, oh, they're like that's fine, traps can do that part. And I'm like, okay, great, So really it's that easy, and they're like yeah, okay. They're drinking. So we go up on stage and our only job, we're supposed to do high jinks and little comments share of the long Drive Competition, which is fun, but our only real work was to start the event. We get on stage and we introduce Travis. Now there was just one mic, okay, and so I said, would it be okay to to Travis? I was like and asked Kat, it's gonna be okay. Would it be okay if I introduced KT? And then KT introduces Travis? Okay? Like at this point I wanted to clear Travis.
Speaker 3: It also just admitted that he should have looked at the I looked at the run down too, he had not.
Speaker 2: He had not, so think about this. So KT goes, I like it. So we asked Travis, is it cool if I introduced KT and then kat introduces you? He goes love it. Wait, no no stress at all, And that's gonna work out well for all the linemen and sponsors that are there that have a long history with you two guys.
Speaker 3: It's no one knows who did he introduce.
Speaker 2: Dak is right there. Dak's right there in the middle. We're just looking at Dak the whole time. Now, the guys that were going to be in the long Drive competition, their names were out, and so.
Speaker 4: It won.
Speaker 2: There's a guy, there's an offensive lineman named Dakota. Dakota Shepley is his next Yeah, now like him this year. So the lady Katie that came into town, they don't live here in Dallas Fort Worth, and so she didn't know exactly who all the former players were and stuff like that. They were like Tyrone, Tyrone Smith, ty Smith and Tyron and and it was great. And so there was a box there that had Dakota written on it, So I was like, and I, oh, Dak's going to be in the long drive competition. So most of my set up on stage was about how Dak Prescott was going to be in the long drove competent.
Speaker 3: Finn's directing everyone there, Hey, dad just got a good chance to win this long drive.
Speaker 2: Is Dak That's just kind of like he kind of had the what he look good, dude, He's just smiling and what he's having fun, and so I'm like, uh, and I didn't know at that when I was making a huge mistake, which I apologize to Dak. Here's no, it's fine, it's fine. He goes, I don't spell the code of the same way he does, and I was like, yeah, I didn't get that far.
Speaker 3: That's better for the charity though, yeah, honestly, and Dakota Sheppey we told him that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. And so anyway, so I'm doing all the setup and I'm just trying to, you know, talking about how much we love Travis and now we've known him for so long and now I'm going to introduce KT and I don't see him, so I'm like, he must be behind me or something. So I go, now, let's welcome to the stage from ninety seven point one the real radio celebrity Kevin KT Turner and every plods. He was in the back of the room. It was comedic genius. He had to walk like fifty cards excuse me to get to the stage. He had to cut. He knew he was gonna be and while he was walking up, I was like, wow, seems like you could have been closer to the stage same time. Here an interesting decision. And he's walking from the back of the room.
Speaker 3: It was so good.
Speaker 2: Then he jumps up on stage. He brings all this energy and he goes, Welcome to the Roast of Travis Frederick and he starts to act like he's gonna roast Travis. He's doing stand up comedy. And I looked out at Dak Prescott was the happiest I've ever seen it.
Speaker 3: He was like, yes, let's go, he's about the roast Travis. It was a big day. Let's be honest, it was a big day. I do have audio of me two Gin and Tonics deep okay, yeah, yeah, problem, let's.
Speaker 2: Should we play next? Okay yeah, yeah, all right, all right, after we're gonna we're gonna play song and then in about three minutes we're gonna have this audio. You don't want to miss it. This is KT. This KAT from Travis is twenty twenty five te off for Hunger Top Golf event. Again thanks to Kintelly, Roots Focus and CSL Materials. Appreciate you guys very much. Last night Travis Fredericks blocking Hunger Top Golf. Let's see twenty twenty five t off for Hunger Top Golf event. Kintelly, Roots Focus, CSL Materials put it on. It was an awesome event, and Travis is a very impressive guy. But we were just talking about how there's not a lot for us to do, but we're so honored to be there. It's really just him doing us a favor of letting us be involved. We get to go hang out with a bunch of Dallas cowboys, food and drink, Food and drink. Being an awesome event at Top Golf. It was a lot of fun. Become friends with Dak Yes shappily. Yes, right, So so anyways, we're I introduced KT. He walks up fifty yards from the back of the room. The whole everyone there has to wait and watch him walk.
Speaker 3: Not only did he set up me who they don't know, you know, like tire I mean Travis and Tyron zach No, but that's it. And he also mentioned the Eagle, who I guarantee it. They're not listening to the Eagle, like they're just not And I was like, okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: He comes up on stage and he's got all this great energy, looks like a stand up comedian. He's moving around, he's like, ready for the roast to Travis Rederkin. I'm looking out and Dak Prescott is smiling, he's so happy. He's like, this is gonna be awesome. And then Kat totally doesn't roast Travis and I can't. If you go to at nine to seven Won the Eagle on Instagram, you'll see the video I post it. Look at the Travis's facial expression and see if he's okay with it or not okay with it. I don't know, but I actually it was going so well, I just pulled my phone out on stage and started recording and started recording it. Here's a little snippet from it.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Travis Flendrick, he said that, So that's just a bit of a tip, you can do it.
Speaker 3: Do it that well.
Speaker 2: I don't want to tell you right now.
Speaker 5: Benness thanked all the sponsors, and he's already said all the nice things about Travis, say some more than this. So I'm just saying, as a kid in the business, and I don't know what business I'm in. I met Travis in twenty thirteen. I was forty five years old and I was struggling with my identity. I did not know if I was ever gonna make it. And Travis is really nice to me. But he's done a good princess then. He hasn't changed a bit.
Speaker 2: He didn't let the fame get to it.
Speaker 5: He's just the best. You know him, you love and just do it all more time for Travis Flighter. Come on, come on, not to tell us he told me not to do that, because he's pretty not a side.
Speaker 6: Thanks to.
Speaker 3: It went horribly dude. I went and stuck my man in my head. I was gone, That's what it feels like to me.
Speaker 6: Mom.
Speaker 2: We need that very low key thanks Kevin forever. I implore you to go to at nine seven one the Eagle on Instagram because I do capture in the middle of that. I zoom in on Travis and we get his facial expression. Well, it's happening that.
Speaker 3: He wanted it to end. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he likes the chaos of it. I think he was there for it. I think he enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I did consider an actual like roasting him a bit, but like, once I saw that his wife and kids were there. Oh, his wife and kids were there, I'm like, I'm not going to roast him in front of his family.
Speaker 2: That's messed up. Well, what was one of them that you had?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know. I had him on a note card yesterday. I don't have it with me.
Speaker 2: So do he roast a guy who's perfect and came in second in our white guy bracket?
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of the whole thing is just so he really just start saying some awful things about him they don't true.
Speaker 2: And then at the very end just say, hey, none of that was true.
Speaker 3: Actually, So the man who taught me what a free clinic is Travis Frederick. I don't know, there's good The long drive competition of three hundred and thirty five yard drive by Nate Thomash, seventh rounder from last year.
Speaker 2: This is his year.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 2: I have him as a swing tackle.
Speaker 3: I felt old because a lot of the guys there now are retired. Zach Martin, Tyron Smith, Tyron Crawford was there, and you say, these guys are like.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, these are these guys are all gone and in their mid thirties.
Speaker 3: Okay, football is kind of what it is. You get out pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It also like kind of happy for them to not have to go to war anymore. No, Yeah, dude, Zach. You mentioned that Zach Martin has already lost a lot of weight. Is that right, Like he's starting to look like a normal guy now. He would look like your biggest, strongest friend who could kick everyone's ass. Yeah. But he's not big beefy like he was. You know, he's not a barrel.
Speaker 3: He goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just go walking every day, he goes. I just go walk around. It really helps.
Speaker 3: He was talking about how like he's the guy he didn't have to eat so much anymore because he used to have to like eat, I have a certain amount of calories you have to eat each day. Wow, yeah, you have to do that. And I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I'll say this about Dak Prescott say it best shape he's ever been. Hey, Dak does look great, dude, that right, Yeah, he looks great. He look pretty mobile. He looked mobile. He was not participating in any of the stuff that was happening, which I think is probably why he's like, why would you say I was going to be in this? Because I was like, all, Dak's malon drive.
Speaker 3: He's like, yeah, I'm like recovering me a big story, Rodgers.
Speaker 2: Jack's in the long drive competition, I think.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Travis Frederick. Thank you so much for continuing to care about our organ you know about Dallas Fort Worth and our kids here, and thanks for inviting us knuckleheads like us to be in part of your big charity event te off for Hunger. Big ups to Travis Frederick and the Blocking Hunger Foundation. All right, coming up next, KT, where were going to go in the Hollywood Shuffle? Dude.
Speaker 3: Bill Hayter is a part of a new TV show on HBO, and we actually discussed this actual story from the past last week.
Speaker 2: This is very dark and interesting. Next, jus hot Gods.
Speaker 4: Stay on top in the sho.
Speaker 3: So there's a new show that HBO has green lit and they're working on and it will feature Bill Hayter, Bill Hayter last and Barry, I guess, and Barry's done forever, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Barry's done. I need to watch the final season. What happened in the last scene? Don't tell me, you know, I'm gonna watch it tonight. Heat did he die? I can't remember? Hey, man, No, no, no, no, dude, no, seriously, that's what I will watch the scene in a living room. I want to say. There's summer league basketball, so you won't be able to catch up this summer. Barry is a show that I actually liked. I'll watch the final final season.
Speaker 3: So it's like you should you kind of out of yourself the other day when you said that you read a lot of books and then you kind of quit towards the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you have a problem here with this. Now it happens.
Speaker 3: New episode of the Studio drops tonight too, and looking forward to catching that. It's gonna be fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'm caught up on the studio. I love it. Oh yeah, how many epps is it? This will be six or seven tonight? Yeah. Oh, I'm not caught up on the studio. I love it.
Speaker 3: Next week is good, You'll love it. So the series is about the Jonestown massacres with Jim James.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wait Jim James of the Jim Jones sorry to say, James Jacket. Yeah, Jim Jones really so right, just like the studio was making fun overweight.
Speaker 3: Yes, sources are saying that Hayter is being eyed to potentially star in this and then maybe probably direct some episodes and things like that.
Speaker 2: He's got such a dark side. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this is where nine hundred people, over nine hudred people died in a jungle when they drank.
Speaker 2: Some They drank the cool. That's where the phrase drink the kool aid comes from.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Well, again, in the studio they were trying to flip it because they wanted to do a movie about the cool, like just kool aid, right, And it was Scorsese who had a script about this massacre and he was like, there we go.
Speaker 2: We got it that they couldn't do it because it was so dark. This has actually existed before as a made for TV movie. There wasn't made for TV movie that aired on network television about the Jim Jones. Have you guys heard of the band The Brian Jonestown Massacre.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They did the theme song to him, Empire, Yeah, Boardwalk Empire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a different show. I mean there's been multiple shows made about koresh in Waco. Yeah, I'm assuming this will be similar, right, But is it gonna be a dark comedy? No, I think it would be dark.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Hater's on, yeah, I mean maybe have you guys seen Skeleton Twins. Oh, I know what you're saying, though, I mean, it's just a movie that him and Kristen Wig made about a brother and sister that are suicidal. It's not there's not There may be like two or three scenes that are kind of remotely funny, but they you know, a lot of a lot of comedians have a very very dark side.
Speaker 2: It's the whole Red Skeleton thing.
Speaker 3: But he's like, before he was a comedian, he was just big time film nerd and he was working on the set of a movie. You know, things like that work his way up. So I don't even know if he's like a comedian in its truest form.
Speaker 2: He's just fun guy. We then got to go do cool stuff. This is our HBO. It'll be done well and it will be.
Speaker 3: It'll be funny, you says, I, there's I think.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be dark like Verry funny.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The one thing that I would say, And this happened in the late seventies, right, this says nineteen seventy eight. Okay, So I don't know that you can make well, maybe you can. I mean, once upon a time in Hollywood kind of did that. It's hard to make a massacre funny when there's descendants that are still alive, right, you know what I'm saying that, Like, is that the challenge of it that they would look at and say, hey, this maybe what makes an interesting I don't know, Like Barry, I mean, it was so dark. It was so dark, but clearly there were characters in it that made it a comedy. It was right and absurd characters. Right, it was you know, the guy with the crazy accent. There was the Henry Winkler, the guy. Yeah, the alopecia guy is one of the weirdest characters in the history of television. Yeah, he's my favorite. He's great, so good. But that character would never be in a serious program. No, that was entirely serious. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other news Steven Spielberg is doing an interview and he says that the greatest American movie ever made was.
Speaker 2: I guess, Joss, what does that mean? American movie? Just it was in America. It's about American content with like like not like like there's a whole French new wave like Godart. He worshiped Godart. He actually had Francois Truffau plays a scientist in Close Encounters, because Spielberg worshiped the French directors. So what does that do that he's saying an American made movie made by a Scorcese or a Spielberg. I guarantee you. He said Citizen Kane made by orson Wells.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 2: Is it one of his own movies?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: Okay, well crap. Did he say Goodfellas? Nope? What decade?
Speaker 3: I've never seen it. Oh oh, Touch of Evil Nope. I want to guess that it might have had the phrase I could be wrong. Maybe it had something like they're a little of my life friend garface. Yeah no, no, not that one.
Speaker 2: Oh oh the Godfather, Yeah, the Godfather. They're all the same, really right, No, they're not even remotely close to the same. Well, damn that sucks. I should probably watch it. I have no problem with Godfather one, and I would even say that Godfather Too is better than Godfather won. He says, Godfather is the greatest American movie ever made. It's incredible, It is incredible, and it is I swear to God. I've seen it a hundred times, and I bet I watch it every time. I only see it in a theater. I want to see Sinners tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: Let you guys know, my daughter saw it with her boyfriend and they both absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: Everyone loves it. It's kind of it's getting amazing reviews. I can't believe Ben won't go see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah I will. I'm gonna go see it tonight once it's home streaming. All right, Coming up next, the interview. We've all been waiting for the guy who grabbed the red tailboa in Arlington. David Davis KT tracked him down and he agreed to jump on our radio show. That's coming up in less than four minutes.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere on the Eagle hotline from Arlington Animal Services. The guy who ended up adopting this creature. It's David Davis. Good afternoon, David Davis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, afternoon, guys, how are y'all great?
Speaker 3: You said in the story yesterday that you really like snakes. Do you own any other snakes than the one you ended up adopting here, this five foot long bullet constrictor that was in the tree in the park.
Speaker 7: No, not currently. I have had some ball pythons in the past, but I didn't currently have any before I adopted him.
Speaker 2: Okay, So were you you have no fear of snakes whatsoever? I mean, because I'm terrified him. You weren't scared at all?
Speaker 7: No, sir, No, I wouldn't. I have a healthy respect for snakes, but I do not have a fear for nusser.
Speaker 2: Would you own a snake that could eat you?
Speaker 7: No? Probably not. I think that this redtail they can they get to be about ten foot. I think that's about the largest I'm willing to get.
Speaker 2: Is snake good eating, David?
Speaker 7: I I think so? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah. What's the best way to eat it? You fried it up?
Speaker 7: Ste I mean, the only the only way I've ever had it was was deep fried, and that was rattlesnake in West Texas.
Speaker 3: What's the most dangerous animal accounter you've had working for Arlington Animal Services.
Speaker 7: Uh, there would probably be the feral pigs. I'm in charge of going in and trapping the feral pigs that come into the parks here in Arlington, and they come up from the Trinity and they can get pretty aggressive.
Speaker 2: How do you trap them?
Speaker 7: We've got big box traps and we'll take and set out bait for them and just leave it set overnight. May Jim really go in I trap them?
Speaker 2: Are those good eating?
Speaker 7: I think so?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Hell yeah, I put it with some biscuits. We're talking to David Davis, he's with Arlington Animal Services. As the story was going around, there was a lot of people talking about this. I'm sure you probably saw some of the news stories. What do you guys, what is y'all's uniform because a lot of people thought that y'all did this job shirtless.
Speaker 7: No, we we Our uniform is just five eleven tactical pants and a polo shirt with a city of Arlington on it. And then we do have we have been equipped with bulletproof vests.
Speaker 2: Oh so the vest is in play, yes, sir. Do the snakes ever shoot at you guys, and that's why you have to have a bulletproof vest.
Speaker 7: Uh No, we've never had that happen. I'm kind of hoping it doesn't ever happen either.
Speaker 2: I am curious now, David, So, for what reason would you need a bulletproof vest if animals are not you know, carrying a handguns.
Speaker 7: Well, it's just a precaution. Sometimes we have to. Sometimes we get called in by Arlington PD that has to clear a house or something, and we have to go in and remove animals from there. And it's just a precaution for us.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, does it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it actually does. Think about a tough job. But I would think that if they don't just randomly, like you guys aren't storming crackhouses looking for animals like probably someone calls is to day, I got a wild elk in my living room. Can you guys come get this thing?
Speaker 7: Not generally, like I said, Sometimes we get called out in the middle of the night, like I said, by Arlington swat or something, and we have to you know, we're after remove them, and that's that's why we were.
Speaker 2: I honestly, I'm just throwing this out there. If it's not comfortable to wear them, I think you could get out of wearing those because The only reason you'd need it is if it's in an active shooter situation. Clearly they're gonna call you out after the dust is settled on whatever they're dealing with.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, but it is mandatory. It's part of the uniform. We We've talked to our boss about it, and he says, when we're on the clock, we have to have him. It doesn't matter how hot it is outside.
Speaker 2: We'll get We'll get you to get with Kevin. We'll get his number and we'll put in a word for you. I've never heard of an actor shooter, live animal situation. That'd be like us wearing bulletproof ust to do a radio show, right, I mean, justin gaze one of us starts popping off. But then I would have David call our program director and say, hey man, I'm out in the field. I don't think these guys need to wear this thing, right, But we were, but we're derailed from what we're derailed from the situation. Do you know whatever happened with that cobra and Grand Prairie.
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 7: I haven't heard anything, but honestly, Texas environment is pretty hostile to a snake like that, So I would imagine it probably didn't make it through the winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's that's that's been the consens It's just it's weird how the media quit covering this.
Speaker 7: David.
Speaker 3: We thank you for calling in today. Uh and you you did a great thing.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 3: You know, we were waiting to see if someone was gonna come claim this snake and you ended up adopting it. So thank you for doing that. Uh, you're You're a hero to me and to the city of Arlington.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, sir, thank you all. I appreciate it. I appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite rock song? We'll try to get it on in the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 7: My favorite rock song. I'm a big fan of what I've done by link part.
Speaker 3: Let's okay, let's go.
Speaker 2: So are you you you should be an avid Eagle listener? Are you listening to The Eagle all the time?
Speaker 7: I listened to it quite a bit. I've listened to the Fit and Skin Show for years.
Speaker 2: God, Davis in a bulletproof fast. We're gonna give you some tickets to a concert. I don't even know what it is or when it is, but we're gonna take care of you. Dude, have you ever have you ever seen Ghost? Ghost of the movie with Demi Moore?
Speaker 3: Now now there.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you think about Demi, but that ghost is coming to Dicky's in August. Would you like a four pack of tickets?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, that would be as go all right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep you.
Speaker 3: Can we keep them on hold, Christina and you can get his all right, we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Put you on hold. David. You're going to ghost, dude, wear that bullet profest and bring a snake.
Speaker 7: Okay, y'all are awesome, break y'all?
Speaker 2: All right, don't don't egg up there, he goes Dad Mayonnaise, David man Or LinkedIn Animal Services to the rescue. Incredible, great guy, it's my guy. All right, kat, Where are we going next?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a story that that was out about the Addleson family, the new owners of the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get this like casino in here or not? Next. Christina's Nirvana cover band Oatmeal Pizza. Christina, When are you guys performing again? If somebody's listening to this, are like, man, I love Christina, I love Rock, I love Nirvana. I want to go see Obeil Pizza. When can they go see?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're in luck because we have three full sets this Friday night at twy Light in deep Ellum.
Speaker 2: Whoah, I love Twilight. I know Twilight's the best.
Speaker 6: We usually go on about ten o'clock there and again three full sets, so we'll be closing it out.
Speaker 2: Do y'all play it by the bar and out back by the bar. Okay, s y'all, that's gonna be tie. I know we make it work. This is like our third or fourth time playing there. You know what. On Friday, we're doing the show at Fortunate Sun in downtown Garland. We got that whole deal coming with the new USL team that's coming to the DFW. You gotta be out there three to six and then they have a big announcement afterwards. But Garland's not far from deep Ellum. I think wife, he's coming out to Fortunate Son. Okay, so we may grab dinner. We may have had Twilight. What time's your first set again? Ten o'clock? All right?
Speaker 3: You said that much out It's okay, okay.
Speaker 2: KT. You're in a local Wham cover band called Spam. What are you guys performing again?
Speaker 3: We got a few shows coming up in twenty twenty seven. Okay, good, good good, we're getting ready.
Speaker 2: We're working on some material. Yeah, dude, what a great name for a WAM cover band, Spam. That is good. We're just they kind of over send you emails about everything that band's doing too, pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll you'll be finding out what we're up to some behind the scenes rehearsals and things like that. Yeah, friar gig in June of twenty twenty seven. Which one of you is the gay guy?
Speaker 2: Both of us?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I played both parts. Oh okay, you're Andrew Ridgeley and George.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Respect and you'll eat some ham sandwiches during the set too. Uh okay, we'll go around the sports coming up here momentarily. Kati has long headed out for an NFL legend, and finally he has an opportunity to pounce. But before we get to that, a new article came out today actually just before the show, and Vanity Fair a new article about the MAVs new ownership and with more on that, here's Kevin.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Kind of strange, and I don't know, I might be just kind of looking too deep into something, but it was interesting that this article dropped. It did involve our mavericks a little bit too. It starts off by talking about how one hundred days ago, Miriam Maddelson was on top of the world. She's there, he is a Trump's inaugradation inauguration, and she's next to Obama and Laura Bush and things are going good and the NBA team just went on a run to the finals, and then they kind of discuss what happened in the last one hundred days, which I think the timing of this article is based on the thing that they do when every time there's a new president the first one hundred days and they.
Speaker 2: Do approval rating and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, but then they're like, in the last three months, it's been oh for the Addison family because of Ay, the trade.
Speaker 2: The tariff thing has not been great for them.
Speaker 3: And then the idea that they were looking for even maybe even more excited than here in DFW getting a casino built in Long Island, and they have apparently dropped its plans to do that. And it says in this article Las Vegas Sands dropped its plans to build the Dallas area gambling house for now, which it makes you go, what is that all on pause? Like I thought we were still going to try to do that.
Speaker 2: So I've now I don't know if this says it later in the article. I've only read the first half of the article before we hit the air, but I can tell you that all of the plans for the new casino are still a new casino, I'm sorry. The new arena, the new arena are moving forward and every time I've heard any talk about it, it's legalized gambling or not. We are moving forward with this and we're going to do it. That's why they're looking for thirty to fifty acres because it's not going to be just an arena. It's going to be an entire resort, and the arena will be part of the resort. Think about the same way that we love going to Chalk Talk Casino and Resort Durant, Oklahoma, and they have that grand theater there as part of the resort. Yeah, same thing. Whether there's gambling there or not, there is a resort there, and an arena is going to be a part of the resort.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And look at Texas Live just the way it's built. It's built like a sports book. And so I think people even if you can't even obviously no one can confirm when legalized sports gambling will happen in Texas. Everyone feels like it could be inevitable. So they're building the bones to where they can deal with it when it comes. And so I think with the Addlson's in the New Arena, they were like, all right, larr, we couldn't get this past. Now, we just want to resort and it'll have the bones to take on legalized gambling if we get there, but for now, we're just going to move forward to this. I don't think they're going to stop pursuing it, no, but it is interesting because of like you know, if you just look at the political makeup of Texas, it's aligned with the political makeup of the Addolson family. If you look at the political makeup of Nassau County where Long Beaches, it's not that way Long Island. Yeah, Long Island, and so it's like I've said, Long Beach, I'm sorry, And so it's that whole thing where, like, you know, everything is so partisan these days. If that part of the world is more blue than red, and someone is very red, they're like, you're not getting this casino here, but down here in Texas you could totally get it once it does become legalized.
Speaker 3: And that was the primary point of the article was about the Long Island stuff. But I just thought that the few casual mentions of DFW was interesting. I want to read this paragraph to you. It would be wrong to say it's the end of her lucky run, Miriam. Even though Addison fell out of the Forbes fifty, she's still worth around thirty billion dollars. Trump was the first Republican to win Nasau County since nineteen eighty eight. But they have a you know, a blue governor up there in New York. And the quote from a casino industry insider said Miriam Maddison basically said, Maria Maddison will not get a casino in the state of New York. That's like a liberal billionaire George Soros opening a casino in Fort Worth.
Speaker 2: It ain't happening, right, So.
Speaker 3: That was one of their goals, and that's what I mean. They also mentioned the article areline. Look, you all might think they own a bunch of casinos and stuff in America.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 3: It's all out of giant tree. So they Sringapore and stuff.
Speaker 2: That's why the whole like, hey man, they're going to move the team to Las Vegas. Thing was so crazy. It's like they don't own all those casinos like they used to. They sold them and they became crazy billionaires when they moved there, or have a big operation in Macaw, China. That's when they went crazy billionaire money.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Have a hard time seeing Macaw, you know, reading it without going maccaw that bird sound like it's just okay, that is a bird sound, but in Macau is not a monkey. Yeah that's aque. Oh macaque? Yeahcock yep. Coming up next in Around the Sports. Finally, at long last, this is less than four minutes away, k T takes down a legend teardown Turner finally gets gets the NFL legend. Oh waiting to take down.
Speaker 9: That's now it's cool Around the Sports KTD fun twins as all the sporty.
Speaker 3: So the father of the kid involved in the prank, Colin Shador Sanders, who is the defensive coordinator for the Falcons.
Speaker 2: What's his name, Jeff Olberg.
Speaker 3: Yep. He has been fined one hundred thousand dollars. God, that's a lot of money. I would like to know where does this fine money go to? Because I kind of think I get it, this is bad, But the I don't think you should be fined one hundred thousand dollars for your kid doing something stupid.
Speaker 2: It should go to Chaduur? So where is money? In situations like this, they're sending a message and he's the fall guy right like he's taken the fall because they want to make it clear this has to stop, so the NFL.
Speaker 3: And then the reason the NFL did this, they find the Falcons as well, is for the data breach, for the idea that the kid got the information from a laptop or whatever. But I told you, guys, how many times over the years when I had access to go to the Star or Valley Ranch that I had sheets of players numbers like I had it.
Speaker 2: You should know like somebody was being loosey goosey with those numbers and they shouldn't have been.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: This is also a situation though, where a lot of other NFL players, there's some that have been caught and there's there's absolutely like there's footage of it. You can see it, guys getting pranked. Abdul Carter, who went number three, got pranked. There's at least and I think it could be more. At least ten guys got pranked, got a prank call that they were getting drafted.
Speaker 2: So it ain't like this is the only one.
Speaker 3: But I think it's kind of crappy that the NFL is gonna find this guy one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I agree, But isn't the real story here that in twenty twenty five, prank calls are back. Amazing, dude, it's amazing. I used to love the Jerky Boys almost as much as I used to love the eighty five Bears. Yeah, He's right.
Speaker 3: That was the most upsetting thing about this entire story to me was that the prank wasn't funny.
Speaker 2: This is another upsetting story. Did not sound like Mickey Loomis.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I did have a good joke that was just mean, just mean, But I did feel like the shador wasn't fully in on it, like I think he realized, all right, this might have been a prank, right, And I bet these guys have their radar up.
Speaker 3: Stagecoach Music Fest is a festival that's up there in the Gorge. I want to say it's kind of country, but I'm not really sure. Abraham Alexander played it last year. He might have. It's kind of Country Americana. We have a lot of that going on, and it's a big three day festival. It's huge. So John Elway and his wife and his agent and his wife and John's son. So five people are on a golf cart, John Elway driving it with Steve Bouchell there and I say he saunds like.
Speaker 2: Driving a golf cart. But it's at the gorge.
Speaker 3: It's like open land, so it's not crazy that a VIP guy like John Elway would be driving a golfer. Well, his agent fell off the back and hit his head and has died. John called nine to one one. By the time they got into the hospital, it was over. There's nothing they could do. Police are now, you know, investigating the accident. Horrible story, dude, brutal.
Speaker 2: The thing about golf carts is people always ask me about golf carts. J Novichick. Right now, I thought that was the weirdest line in a commercial, Jovichick. People always ask me if they don't ask you about the cowboys, right, But you know, we owned a golf cart, and it's like, it seems so recreational and safe and fun. And you see people driving them around and beautiful golf courses, and then you get them in a neighborhood. Man, terrible things can happen. My son was driving around a golf cart with a bunch of his friends, and this is several years ago now, and they turned suddenly and he fell right off the back and hit the back of his skull on the on the asphalt the street. It could have killed him, or could have made him a vegetable forever. Scary, and that's why I don't like these motorized scooters. Somebody posted in our neighborhood Facebook group yesterday they came up to a four way stop and some kid just flew through the four way stop going full speed on one of those electric bikes with no helmet. Just luckily a car stopped or it probably would have killed them. Yeah, like, dude, it looks fun, it looks like it's not going to go fast. But dude, if they're you know, sure, it could hit your head on anything, could break your neck. I mean, but you you blame you have, there's blame here.
Speaker 3: Late night, early morning, hours after after one am. I mean, if we're going to talk about it with kids. Let's talk about it with adults.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. Okay, So nobody wears a seat belt on a golf cart. Do they have seat belts and they have seat they do? Ours did? Okay, yeah, but you spent a lot of money on yours, but I did. But people don't think that they're dangerous something they could be hanging on or holding a drink in one hand and holding on one end. We uh, So we out at Gator and Papas they have a golf cart because they got land and my end days you should drive around on it. And I was out there being dad with my hands on hips, going a I don't turn so fast? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Doing that whole routine because it's it's dangerous. So we knew some guys that were racing golf carts in our neighborhood and one of them was starting to flip. So this guy reached his foot out to kind of pull it back up, broke his ankle and it snapped his leg and hast not off but broke the bone. And it's like, they're dangerous, man, They're super dangerous. So I don't like it, but that wasn't on asphalt even he just hit his head a like kind of rock.
Speaker 3: Ors just the ground. I don't know, it might have been asphalt. Cops are investigating. We'll find out.
Speaker 2: Oh all right now rest it sucks, all right, Yeah, that sucks, very sad story. All right, Sorry for sucking the life out of the room. Coming up next, though, let's turn it up. Let's have some fun with some music news. KT found a list of the best guitarists ever. Does Christina k Ray Cornbread Ray are residant guitar player agree with this list? We'll talk about it next. It's time for this website called consequence dot net.
Speaker 3: They've got to do a lot on lists like they've done Best Drummers of All Time, Best Basis of all Time, And then they broke out their one hundred bess Guitarists of All Time. And I admit had this ready to go last week, but then Christina took off. I was like, this is one we need with Christina. Hell yeah you so, I've got some notables written down. I have the top ten. We're gonna have time to go too deep into this. Uh, did y'all want to take any cracks at it?
Speaker 2: Real quick. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: The house I saw while I was in San Francisco. Jimmy Hendricks, Jimmy Hendricks.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's on there. Okay, he better be. Oh no, he's on there. Number one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, if he's number one, then they went with a like I thought it was gonna be like Steve I and Ingveay Momstein. If he's number one, then they probably went with guys like Jimmy Page, Eddie van Allen. Yeah, Eddie van Halla. It's a great choice.
Speaker 3: Eddie van Halen number two, and rest in peace to him, one of the guys you passed away while we were live on the air many years ago. Eddie van Halen number two, number three. I don't think anyone's gonna get Tony Iomi, oh of Black Sabbath, Tony Iomi.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is what these are People's favorite band guitarist is what this is. Tony Iomi's not a badass shred.
Speaker 3: I think the list is just a list, man, Okay. I shouldn't try to pin it down or put it in any boxes. Okay, yeah, does that matter how put together? Jimmy Page is definitely on there. Number six, Okay, what about a Kirk Hammett, the Hamster Kirk Hammett. He is on there. I don't think I wrote it down, but he is on there. Stevie rayvaugh rayon number seventeen. Oh yes, oh, Eric Clapton old slow hand, Eric Captain's old slow hand. He might be on there, but I didn't see him, and I didn't write him down as one of my notables.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you write down the entire top ten?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah, yeah, let me give you the top ten because number four here's a hint. He used to fart on hookers apparently.
Speaker 2: Oh Carlos Santana.
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 2: Oh well, not that we know of.
Speaker 3: At number sixteen, Carlos Santana. Yeah, rock and roll man, Uhry Barry, thank you. Number five Prince Hell, Yes, I love Prince. Number seven Sister Rosetta Tharp what back in the day? Man, Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
Speaker 2: You how to speak Spanish?
Speaker 3: Eight David Gilmore okay, Pink Floyd yeh, Jeff Beck and now Rogers, Nile Rogers.
Speaker 2: I mean, so they put a rhythm guitarist on there. Huh, well they're having fun. What do you have against rhythm guitarist? I love no I mean, I'm a I guarantee the biggest chic fan in here. Shots fired, plays on, plays on Daft Punk too. He's amazing, but I'm like, all right, he produced Bullie the s Christina numberrady six, Trey Anastasio Fish all right, dude, he should be higher. He's amazing on guitar. This really is. This is an interesting list. They have people on here that would never be on a top toe. Well, you can't do a boring list. They're putting sexy names on there. No where was uh? Where's ing Van Molmstein?
Speaker 3: He might be on there? About it right now? Where's Angulo?
Speaker 2: For me? Where's Angus? Fifty two?
Speaker 3: Angus Young number seventy four, Josh Homie really Queen okay? What about from Queen Brian May?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or fifteen? Okay? Oh? Hell yeah? I like this list is a good list. It's fine. Number sixty three. J Mascus of Dinosaur Junior. I love Dinosaur Junior. I've never thought of him as a great guitar player.
Speaker 3: Uh Slash fifty four, Chili Peppers forty six, John Fuciante forty two, John.
Speaker 2: Mayer, He's a great guitar player.
Speaker 3: Thirty five, Jack White yes, thirty one Johnny Marr.
Speaker 2: Okay, game, we're just loading up on rhythm guitar players. Christina, you'll have this.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight James Hetfield, all right, twenty six Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead.
Speaker 2: He's an incredible musician. Number twenty Saint Vincent Annie, where they have her?
Speaker 3: Twenty?
Speaker 2: I know her guitar teacher really, Robert Ellis, okay, over, where's Harry? Must be better than I like Ben's point. Yeah toorrow eighteen, dime bag number thirteen. Here you go, there, you have it, the best guitarist ever coming up next to the Today Game. All right, we got a big power hour coming your way here in the five o'clock hour. We got food news coming up. We got to get into some Luka Dancic stuff. There's some Luca haters out there now spewing on this man as he's trying to save the Lakers from elimination tonight. We also have Dimes on the Highway. Speaking of Luca Dimes, Dimes on the Highway, that's a story coming up next. But right now it's time for this old It's time to go into the bitting schedule.
Speaker 3: Worbug all right, soon we're not just gonna like play an old interview that happened seven years ago with the random actor.
Speaker 2: We're not going to do that.
Speaker 3: But I listened to something this morning that I've probably never heard since the day. It happened seven years ago on this day. But when I re listened to this, I went, wait, how have we not investigated this further? So we had Keith for Sutherland on who's promoting the show. He is a head old country band. They're playing at Billy Bob's.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: It's a long time ago, but you guys tell me a few thousands weird. I've cut this up into six clips. They're all under thirty seconds. This is this is weird. Keith a several on the Ben and Skin Show a long time ago.
Speaker 2: All right, joining us now on the Ben and Skin Show is someone that obviously Ben and I have grown up watching all these years. We think he's an incredible actor, and he's going to be bringing his own style of country music to the Metroplex on Friday night, going to be playing Billy Bob's. It's the mighty Keifer Sutherland. How you doing, Keifer?
Speaker 4: I'm great man. Thank you guys for taking the time.
Speaker 2: All right, It's a pretty good start right there, right, a great start. It's got that patented, you know, kind of scratchy catter voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like nothing weird going on it. Soon I thought something was off.
Speaker 2: We feel like we know you, We've seen you in so many movies, and I'm just curious when you know, sometimes when we go back and watch a movie that we love back in the day, it does or doesn't hold up. What do you think is one of your old movies that really holds up that you've gone back and watching like that still holds up?
Speaker 4: Well? The truth is I love storytelling, but you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what hold on? What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 2: That's what?
Speaker 6: That was the answer, and ad skins yup either that was actually there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is starting to come back to me, and I think we're looking around each other like, dude, he's either whacked out or is not with it. So his answer was I love storytelling, and then he just fell down. What do you think is one of your old movies that really holds up that you've gone back and watching like that's still holds up?
Speaker 4: Well? The truth is I love storytelling, but you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ye skin frog, Yeah that was good. Rug Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, maybe he's not fully in. He don't want to talk movies. I want to talk music.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And it's really interesting for me because Ben and I aren't that much younger than you. You know, we were born four years after or whatever. But you know, I saw your dad very early on. One of my first images I can remember from a movie is him at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, that real sort of iconic shot. And at what age did you know, Hey, I've got a career for me in acting.
Speaker 4: I walked into a bar when I was about seventeen years old, and no joke, within five minutes, two guys started beating the crap out of each other, and really sexy girl started dancing on the bar, and all this stuff happened.
Speaker 2: He started describing roadhouse, That's how he knew.
Speaker 3: But he walked into a bar when he was seventeen, a fight appened, some sexy girls started dancing on the bar.
Speaker 2: That's how he knew.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see if we find anything weird here. Now, let's talk about your band. You guys are playing Billy Bob's this Friday at nine forty five you're touring North America and you just released a new single this week. This is how it's done. So what can you tell folks who've never heard of your band about you guys?
Speaker 4: You know, doesn't matter. We're all going through the same stuff. It's no more complicated.
Speaker 10: Cath.
Speaker 2: That sounds awesome. This is keeper that sounds awesome. Tell us about your band, and he said, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it doesn't matter. We're all going through the same stuff. It's no more complicated, Cath.
Speaker 2: That sounds awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to hear our post game of this interview.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see here more clips left.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about the the influences here because we were listening to the single before we called you, and there's a little honky tonk and there's a little bit of a Memphis. There's a cool little organ riff at the beginning. Uh, maybe you could even say a little outlaw country. What is what is it that you listened to growing up to kind of lead you here to doing this sort of music.
Speaker 4: I'm not Jack Bauers.
Speaker 3: God, wow, wow, it was strange.
Speaker 2: How do we not remember? This is the weirdest interview we've done, because we also interviewed Billy Bob and anybody that had a country.
Speaker 3: Yeast gave him the key to the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, as you kind of jumped into this, what has been the most satisfying thing that you've experienced as a recording artist?
Speaker 4: Whiskey But and that's the thing that that I've enjoy so much.
Speaker 3: Boom, there he goes the mighty Keith of Southern I don't remember going down exactly like that, but yeah, here we are.
Speaker 2: Wow, the wayback Machine, wayback Machine delivers once again. The benets getting way back machine. Let's try to get him back on. Yeah, let's see, he had a lot to offer. Yep. Coming up next in the weekly Weekday Update, there was a massive spill. A truck spilled over on the highway. You might be surprised to find out what's spilled out of that truck. Food news coming up in like fifteen minutes, so get ready for that. But before that, it's.
Speaker 11: This And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor Kat fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 2: Do you guys want some news hell right up.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, guys, we have a urgent measles story that we have to discuss. Now. Denton County has identified their first case of the measles.
Speaker 2: But here's the kicker here.
Speaker 3: When you're tracking the person that went to they got measles, you got to find out where they went. And this person went to Air Rangers game on their last home stand. Oh no, so here are the places? Oh yeah, by the way, oh bumby a game that had thirty nine thousand people in attendance.
Speaker 2: Oh not great, hopefully most of them were vaccinated.
Speaker 3: This person went to these places Pretty Burrito, Flower Mount, Donut Plaza, Flower Mound.
Speaker 2: Wait on the same day. Yeah, it kind of weird, right, They got donuts and burritos good day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all between the hours of ten am and noon on that day.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, that's again. Donuts at ten and Mexican food at noon. I think you just had the eleven You have them both, little bit. Do you have a picture of this person? I I by breakfast at ten and night, my lunch at noon, doughnuts and burritos every day before going to the ballpark.
Speaker 3: Now I got measles. How about Texas Live?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's packed between two and.
Speaker 3: Five Globe Life Field between three and eight pm.
Speaker 2: Guitars and growlers. Oh in Flower mount Wow, I've heard that place is great. I have one Richardson. They have these nuts that are very interesting. Why are you holding your hand like that? It's weird. They're very delicious, cupping cupping out. Where do you set the nuts?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Also a Walmart.
Speaker 3: Oh church on that next day, Flower Mountain died in Methodist church.
Speaker 2: Wait what day the week they're going to church? Man Sunday? So I think that was the Dodgers series. They were there when ELBOWMB went yard packed.
Speaker 3: So maybe we know what's been going on with the Rangers offense. The Rangers offense has the measles yep. So there you go.
Speaker 2: There's story there.
Speaker 3: We had a wild story out in Wise County, well out west off two eighty seven Draft two eighty seven. Quite a bit, you guys, But I didn't realize it would be possible to have this much money on the road at once.
Speaker 2: Let's go to NBC five for more.
Speaker 12: There was a massive recovery effort on a Wise County highway today. Crew spent hours recovering tens of thousands of dollars worth of dimes on us too eighty seven the money spilled onto the roadway after an eighteen wheeler rolled over. Candace Sweat is in alvert and shows us the painstaking process to pick up every last coin.
Speaker 13: It took some fourteen hours to reopen the southbound lanes.
Speaker 3: Okay, if it took fourteen hours to pick up that many dimes, how much money do you think it was?
Speaker 2: Has anyone? Does anyone know the total? Would you guys find out? But I'm happy to guess fourteen hours to get all the dimes. Yeah, I think I know. After accuse myself, I know. Okay, Oh you already know it, ben, Okay, since I'm the only one naive to the story, I will say, twenty seven thousand dollars worth of dimes.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven thousand dollars worth of dimes in fourteen hours. Now ten dimes is one dollar?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 2: They're so tiny too, What a pain in the ass. Us. You don't think they just went out there with like a fish net started scooping them up, Dude.
Speaker 3: It was by the all lanes of the highway closed, Dude, for this fourteen hour.
Speaker 2: Operation, Like vacuums or vacuum Yeah, really wouldn't they be. And like you know, if you I remember being a kid going to the bank, you put them in those little rollers, and so it's like they're not like free. It's not like they just went one dime at a time in the back of an eighteen wheeler. But as soon as it hit the ground, it exploded. Man, I don't know about that.
Speaker 13: I made that part up southbound lanes of US to eighty seven. And that's because the people were responsible for picking up some eight hundred thousand dimes wanted to make sure as many as possible were accounted for.
Speaker 3: Okay, eight hundred thousand dimes, So that's eighty thousand domes dollars on the road.
Speaker 2: It's possible work out it.
Speaker 13: For By evening, the sound of thousands of dimes could be heard being sucked up into a high powered machine and into the back of a truck. Before that, workers were even seen on their hands and knees searching for the lost coins. An eighteen wheeler hauling the coins rolled over. We're told the dimes that spilled all over the road came to about eighty thousand dollars total.
Speaker 2: How did they identify people that were good suck machines? Yeah, no, to get down and find them. Well, I did see some of that. It was big long plastic pipes, kind.
Speaker 6: Of like those the car wash tubes.
Speaker 3: Tubes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hoobs is the word's men. Have you ever called a gal a high powered machine?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think that's an ac DC lyric.
Speaker 3: Does she kept her moving clean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She kept from motor Kevin, that's amazing reporting. Coming up next, we've got food new food news, and then we got to get in some Luca news. All that's coming your way at the back half of the five o'clock hour. It's time, all right.
Speaker 3: Best burger in town, in my opinion, comes from Burger Schmirger.
Speaker 2: I haven't had it yet.
Speaker 3: To get Burger Schmurger, you would have to go to a bar off of Henderson called High Fives. But that has changed. Burger Schmerger is now getting a spot. In fact, it's opening today.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a bad day to open because of the rain.
Speaker 3: Because of the rain, but they already had their soft opening and they've been getting a lot of pub I can't recommend you guys trying this.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. I real want it.
Speaker 3: Like three times.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, So it's you take something that's traditional like a burger, and they put some been on it that makes it so good that you think it's the best. Like, what do they do?
Speaker 3: This is smash burger. They're rocking it out with the smash burger style. Christina, you've had it too.
Speaker 6: Right, I have had it. Yeah, it's been maybe like two years. But when you said you can only get it at the you said it was like a brewery, right, it was High Five's the bar high five? Yes, that's what it was. Yeah, so we definitely stopped there and got that burger and it was absolutely delicious. And yes, it's smash burger. I believe we had two patties on one of them with some bacon and some sauted onions and cheese and that's really all I need.
Speaker 2: And it was delicious. You would love this Ben. This guy started making burgers in his neighborhood during the pandemic and then did a food truck. I think at SMU they would do SMU tailgating, and then it went from that to this barred High five and now they're opening a brick and mortar. Unbelievable. See that's that's what her tato. That's their story, yes, right started do you know making barbecue at the house during the pandemic, going to breweries and with our brewery. I think about that too, Like, well we have like some food option. I love that. I want some food option that people are buzzing out about, talking about driving from all over town to get to. I mean, that's that's what a true food he looks for, right, like some destination spot. The buzz. Yeah, the buzz around this place is mass It's like Yoblaskeovic be talking about this.
Speaker 3: Well, they're gonna keep doing the burger a bit at high fives too, Like they're gonna keep popping them out there. But the restaurant's opening. They've added some things to the menu and things like that. One great wrinkle they have that's outside of the burger realm is if you order some fries on the side as well, for an extra buck or two, they'll give you this like sauce that's basically like it's basically like a sauce flight. I can tell you what they are. They're homemade sauces. There one lemon deal ranch Burger sauce. That's our jam home. I know garlic aoli barbecue sauce, and they have like a rotating fifth sauce.
Speaker 2: Wait, what was the fourth one?
Speaker 3: Garlic aoli barbecue sauce, No barb you said four sauces. That's the third one was garlic ali the second What was the second one? Yeah, the first one was a lemon deal ranch. Second one burger sauce. Fourth one, Oh, barbecue sauce. That's like the rotating one. It's the rotating fan.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is burger sauce? I'm not It's just kind of fun. Dude, you got your fries?
Speaker 3: What do I want?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I'll try this one oop and go back to your delicious burger and then which one do I want?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: It's just fun.
Speaker 2: You know what I'd like to go on record saying. I'd like to say it. Say it. Tater tots are better than fries. I love tater tots. Let's load up the phones. Two one four seven eight seven one one. I mean if you go to a place that has tater tots, you know that place slaps. I agree with that. I totally.
Speaker 3: You know what I've got.
Speaker 2: In my older age, I dig more and more is French fries or tater tots or something of that nature, dipped in cheese sauce. I used to just be like, I got to catch up up, You've got to I'm not a big cheese sauce fan. Oh no, wow, what happened to her? Is Christina a big cheese sauce fan? Call in burger sauce? I think that would be good? Looked at her like she just said a slur in there. Okay, but burger sauce? What? What is burger sauce to you?
Speaker 6: It's kind of like I imagine, kind of the Chick fil a special sauce Ighto Island.
Speaker 2: It's catch up combo with little sweetness. Everyone's got it and it's all delicious.
Speaker 3: Hu something that is probably mayonnaise based, but you don't have to know that going in if you don't really like mayonnaise. Right, he's right now. Last week on the show, we also I did mention this this location. Yeah, it's over by White Rock Lake. I don't have the address right here in front of me.
Speaker 2: What do you think? It's called Burger Schmerger?
Speaker 3: So figured out you have maps if you want to go, put it in your phone.
Speaker 2: Okay. Seven eighteen North Buckner. There we go.
Speaker 3: Oh he closed on Tuesdays and yeah, so check it out.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the closed on Tuesday's nugget.
Speaker 3: Last week, you guys mentioned a burger place in Richardson that's been there since nineteen fifty seven, Dell's Charcoal Burgers.
Speaker 2: I've been there once.
Speaker 3: Well, they are timporary closed because they have a little bit of a grease fire.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's a show of respect, you know what I mean. That's like if you are a karate shop and you have to close next you broke too many boards or so right, if you were have a grease fire, that's nothing but respect. Did you hear what started the grease fire? A charcoal burger? They were making burger sauce all they weren't.
Speaker 3: And I would like to just give a big shout out to Dell and his family. Yep, they're going through it. They've been open for sixty eight damn years and they got to shut it down for a little bit because of a bit of small fire.
Speaker 2: Wait, so Dell at the time had to be at least twenty You think he's eighty eight plus years old and still running it. Yepn some guy named Hoss is running it now. He's the guy in that Gorilla song that we always play here on the Eagle, right, Clint Eastwood, he's the rapper on that has the funky Homo sapien dell. Okay, Kevin, thank you for all that you're doing for the community. So hungry right now? Yeah, I am too. That was good food news all right? Coming up in the big finish why people being mean to Luca also make plans to head out to roller Town Beer Works this weekend. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas. It been and I are partners in for the big Sinko pre party going on Friday.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: If you're in the Garland area, joined me and Ben at Fortunate Son Kat you'll be out there too. We're gonna be partying with the new USL team that's coming to the DFW. But you're up north, go to Rollertown Beer Works. It's the return of Ombre Lobo, our Mexican lagger, and we have Jazzy's Tacos in the house, Big Lou Mitchellatta's, we have Oh Uncle Joe's Cookie's gonna be there happy hour, and of course that delicious Mexican lagger that is so so good, you'll be drinking it all May long. So celebrate with your friends Rollertown Beer Works. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Like you.
Speaker 2: The thing's big, dude, pretty big, Ben huge.
Speaker 3: So tonight's Game five of Timberwolves Lakers Minnesota three the Los Angeles Lukers won. Let's kind of let's play a clip of audio real quick from Zach Lowe. He used to be at ESPN, now he's at the Ringer and he's kind of going in on Luca.
Speaker 8: Why do you have to get humiliated at the beginning of every single playoff series before you show the world Like, yeah, I can actually put in a little bit more of an effort on defense, because if you go back and you watch game one and two of that Phoenix series, he is so bad defensively that it's laughable. And then all of a sudden he becomes passable. And yet again here we are, We're four games into this series and he's just helpless. I've said before, like I wouldn't have done the trade. Almost no one in the NBA would have done this specific trade. You can find corners of smart NBA people, team people who who would tell you the idea of getting out ahead of this and trading Luca is not a crazy idea. The idea of doing it without shopping him to get nine first round draft picks and swaps and doing this specific trade is where the logic falls apart. I still think it's a crazy trade, but I'm just tired of like, I'm gonna be embarrassed until our backs are against the wall, and then.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna show you that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can put up a little bit of a fun How about you put up a fight in like game one of the second round and now you're down three to one and you're probably going home.
Speaker 4: WHOA.
Speaker 2: He's a very serious basketball man, and he's also always been very pro Luca, you know. So, uh, I would be lying if I told you I knew specifically how Luca's been defensively in the first two games of the series, because I wasn't dialed in on that. But I did see some numbers that were like last year where they were talking about blow by rate. Now, man, I'd never even seen people talking about blow by rate until last year. Christina just doesn't sound appropriate. Well, you look for a partner with a high blow rate, Yeah, you don't want him to blow by y. Yeah you want you want to ideally, yeah you wanna you want a strong blow rate reception strategy, right, but uh but this is this is you know, there's been plenty of criticism before, but I will say, man, this Los Angeles Laker team is not near The people that are around Luca are not nearly as good as the people that are on Anthony Edwards, and he probably is saving all of his energy to go put up huge numbers on offense, which he has right So okay, but this isn't the only one. There's also Kendrick Perkins going in on looking.
Speaker 10: At watching the fourth quarter, the second half, the four quarter in particular, I saw what Nico Harris was talking about. Harrison was talking about when it comes down to the reason why he traded Luca. He traded Luca because he felt that you can't that Dallas Mavericks, the Dallas Mavericks were not going to be able to win a championship with Luke.
Speaker 4: We all know this.
Speaker 10: I didn't feel that way watching the game, looking at Anthony, it was I'm saying to myself, Anthony, it was is going to win a championship before Luca.
Speaker 2: Doncis Anthony Elwis is built different. Anthony Elwoods is a better.
Speaker 10: All around basketball player than Luka Doncics.
Speaker 2: Now we could talk, I could come on here like to keep going. No, that's fine. So but I've noticed more and more of these takes as the Lakers have gotten more and more down in this series with Minnesota, and you just weren't hearing it for a while. Now we heard some of this. I mean, hell, just drive around listening to sports stock radio on Dallas Port Worth. You would have heard a lot of this stuff over the last couple of years. But in the aftermath of the trade, it was all just glowing and really only looking at the best facets of Luca's career and the way that he plays. And again I agree with what Zach Lowe was saying. Nobody in the world makes this trade the way they made the trade. It's arguably the worst trade in the history of trading, not just sports, but like even including lunch room trades, any trades in the history of the word trade. This is probably the worst one ever. You know, the terriff thing, those are kind of trades, but you kind of look into like the thought process behind it, and that's what we're starting to zero in on. People are now starting to say, okay, okay, okay, okay. I can kind of understand the frustration with the defense, with the arguing at officials, and no one hell would have made that trade, and YadA, YadA, YadA. But I just find it to be interesting that this stuff is getting louder and louder and louder as the Lakers are getting closer and closer and closer to being eliminated from the first round. Yeah, so here's several things here, like the problems. You guys heard me come in here before and grumble about certain things with Luca. I mean, he's an imperfect young person that's also a first time or i'm sorry, a five time first NBA player, All NBA First Team. He is exceptional. It doesn't mean he's Jesus and he's flawless. He's got his flaws, but he's so good you want to work with that and hope he gets better and matures. The ref thing never got better. I saw him quit on defense all the time because he was taken out of games by refs, but not to the point where I'm like, man, you got to get rid of him. Like those are both things can be true. But to do this now, you guys realize in Game four against Minnesota, Minnesota is a way better basketball team than the Lakers. That was a horrible draw for the Lakers in Game four that they lost because they missed a shot at the buzzer that would have tied it there in the game on the road, the game that they lost. The Lakers are so under man that JJ Reddick made the decision to play five guys the entire second halpened. One of those guys is Dorian Finney Smith. Okay, so I want like the idea. He's got his problems, he's got his flaws. The Lakers weren't going to go win anything this year. And if you want to have the opinion that Anthony Edwards is better than Luka Doncic, I have no problem with that opinion. My thought is that when you have two total complete badasses, you're now splitting hairs on what you prefer. And I would say the idea that Anthony Edwards is a better all around player than Luca's wrong. Luca's a better passer, Luca's a better rebounder, Anthony Edwards is a better defender, He's better at attacking the basket in a different way. But they're both exceptional players. You know what's gonna happen. Anthony Edwards is going to get run off the floor by the Oklahoma City Thunder. So to sit here and watch this series a go, he's gonna want a chap. I mean he might if he goes to the east. Oklahoma City is about to post up for a decade, right, And it's the first take mentality. How can I say something that's gonna get headlines and get people talking? And Luca's always going to be in that because they know he's a lightning rod. They know anytime they talk about him, they're going to get headlines. But I do look at this and I'm like, all right, man, I wish they had done something different.
Speaker 1: We all do.
Speaker 2: But and and really it's the it's the age difference is the biggest problem here. Like you said, different guys like different types of players. If they decided we want to win with defense, okay, great, but you just got six years older and got a guy who's always hurt. We don't have to go over all of that over over and over again. But I do wonder about what it's going to be like for Luca to be in that media market. It's a different media market. It's not hardcore like New York or Jersey, but it's a bigger media market than Dallas. I don't think it's as tough as Chicago. It's almost like a half between, right it. It's like not they have a beach out there, so everyone's like, I'm just going to go to the beach. Everyone's happy, yeah, like for the most part. But I wonder what that's going to be Like We've seen what the spotlight is like him being in La He's getting a ton more love, We're seeing more I don't know. I feel like we're seeing more things from him, like the Jumpman movie, different things like that, But are we going to see more negative things when it doesn't go right? And what are the options? Because what contractually, what is his situation. He's got one more year there, okay, and there's no benefit to him staying unless he just wants to be a Laker, right because there's no financial benefit really, so he could so he stays so this offseason hypothetically, if they didn't like it, they could say, we'd like to be traded if he doesn't sign an extension. Wow this offseason. Yeah, okay, but I think it's going to be a lot like the Mavericks before they traded for Gafford and PJ. It's up to the Lakers to go get a big which they tried to do. And it's really ironic. If the Mavericks had gotten another first round pick out of the Lakers, they would have been screwed in their pursuit of trying to go get a big player, right, and then the Mavericks would have been sitting there with a lottery pick and two future first round picks that they wanted to add to their roster this year. I mean, but whatever, we keep, you know, going over that over and over the irony about this. And Kendrick Perkins went on a podcast he used to be network homies with JJ Reddick when he worked for ESPN, and Kendrick Perkins used to drive us crazy, all right. Kendrick Perkins went on JJ Reddick's podcast when they were teammates on ESPN, and it was incredible. It was so good, and Kendrick Perkins was so likable and he's basically on there saying, look, we're just playing the game, man, we know what we're doing I'm cashing checks on ESPN, And it was like a really insightful conversation. Kendrick Perkins knows if he goes out there and says that that we're going to play it on our show or for example, that's all they're doing. It's again like, so this is even Zach Zach No. I think Zach Lowe is being honest with his assessment. He doesn't play that game, and he's not on ESPN anymore. He's a solo act. He's doing stuff for the ringer, but he doesn't have to go out there and stir the pot. He's never ever been that guy, and I think that again, there's things that Luca did while he was here that drove me crazy, Like I've got a headset on, I'm calling the game and I'm cussing under my breath. What are you doing, dude? Why are you doing this? And I'm like, Okay, he's twenty five years old, he's got it, mature it. Kid used to get mad at him too. I watch Kid do it. I watch Kid going there and pressers and say things about, well, if we're going to spend all this time, you know, mess him with the ref and not getting back. I mean he's saying that without saying Luca's name. Everybody knows what he's saying. The guy is not without flaws. But again to Ben's original point, you do not trade him at this age for the return unless all those guys stayed healthy. The Mavericks might be your favorite to win it this year, but that was your one caveat everybody had to stay perfectly healthy. They didn't, and we saw what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll find out tomorrow on our show if the Lakers are still playing or if Lucas season is done.
Speaker 2: I think we'll find out before our show. Yeah, we'll find out a little bit before our show. But if you just want to miss TV and just tune into our show. But I tell you, if they get eliminated, Lakers get eliminated, there's one guy that's gonna be very happy about that, and that's Nico. Yeah, I mean, because at least the bleeding will stop for that stup. Yeah, I'll never forget the time KT looked Nico dead in the eye and he said, I have a tiny penis. Nego traded him immediately. Christine is going to play of music on a rady Wednesday night, next right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 7: There you going.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna get my sack back, dude, alright,