Speaker 1: Welcome to OUCH. Was that a ghost? This podcast may contain graphic material which some listeners may find disturbing. Listener discretion is advised, is advised me? Now that we covered that, here's your host list.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to HOUCH.
Speaker 3: Was that a ghost?
Speaker 2: With Liz and I guess pretty much a co host over here? Now, Natty, Yeah, what do.
Speaker 3: They call it? I'm a center No, not a centerpiece. I'm talking about when it's like, all of a sudden, it's like a par of whatever's there. It's just like gross reoccurring Melissa's neck growth.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like reoccurring something series regular.
Speaker 3: You tell you you can take this out if you want, but I do have to put it or so I write my own notes right for my show, and so shameless plug cloak to cosmic right. But I write all my notes and everything, and it's all like I don't plagiarize or anything like that. So I rewrite everything and put my you know, verbiage in. Well, lately my boyfriend has instigated some sexting, and I was like, who needs a smut novel when you have a horny girlfriend? That should have been a writer. So I just I catch myself using words that I like use it like speaking how I write my notes on accident. So that's why when I was like a growth, I was like, of course that would be the word I would pick. It wouldn't just be.
Speaker 2: I did not see where you're going with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait for it, wait for it, And here she comes around the bin. There she is. I will try to think of the word I was looking for. It'll probably come to me in the middle of the episodes. If I like randomly say a word, that's probably what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, at this point, I'm afraid to hear the word that's gonna come out. It's gonna be like it's a girl bad.
Speaker 3: It's not as that it's a hmm. I have to think of it. I don't know what it is on the top of my head. Okay, I swear I'm not under the influence yet.
Speaker 2: Right, So this is coming out in like a few weeks. But right now we're both in the middle of a nice snowstorm. I'm supposed to get like two feet and you already have a foot. I haven't even gone outside, so I don't even know what I have.
Speaker 3: Well, if it wasn't for the dogs. I wouldn't be out there if it wasn't for the dogs.
Speaker 2: I just got to get up super early and shovel so I.
Speaker 3: Have a little Pomeranian Yorki mix again a foot of snow.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know how to tell what that was. You sent me a picture and I was like, is that a log? What is she sending me a picture of? That's her dog?
Speaker 3: I literally, just because I'm a jackass, I picked him up and I dropped him like, well, okay, I set him down. I didn't drop him drop him, but I set him down like right above the snow, and he just submerged, like he just disappeared in the snow way over his back. Did he like it though? No, he hated it. But so then I'm out there doing my doggy parent duties and shoveling a path so that he can go body.
Speaker 2: I actually wanted to get a little plastic bucket and bring some snow in to see what my cats think about it.
Speaker 3: You so should.
Speaker 2: And when I'm done recording, I think I'm gonna I'm gonna get like a tup away and just put some snow and see what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say, mine just liked to drink out of the sink, likes to be in the sink water running like she I try to be funny and like turn the water on real fast, and she just sat there and was loving it. She like rubs her head in it and it's like all over her. I'm like, dude, you psycho, I would find I would find the one cat that likes water, right.
Speaker 2: One of my cats likes to just go in boxes, like eat through them like a And it's in the corner so it looks like a rat got in there, but she bites holes in it. So anyone that sees it, they're like, do you have like a rodent problem? Cat cat problem?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. I feel like the world was leader. So it's about being fixed anyway, not that kind of fixed part of something. It'll come to me. It'll come to me. I'm still trying to figure out what it was.
Speaker 2: All right, So we'll just jump right into it this week.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing a highly requested cryptid. I feel like it needs no no.
Speaker 3: No, no no no no no.
Speaker 2: Batsquatch.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: I saw the alias that he has, which I think is fantastic as you would pronounce it. P pterodactyl squatch pederodactyl the dactyl mm hmm. It's a cryptid that hails from the Pacific Northwest, described as a large ape like creature with bat like wings, often associated with Mount Saint Helen's in Mount Rainier or Mount Shasta. I forget what I covered it Mount Shasta. That was like the people, the Limerians I think are in Mount Shasta. Uh, I know, I covered them with some something weird before.
Speaker 3: Was it you that covered the like a goblin or a troll that like went into like a coal mine? Was that you?
Speaker 2: I did the the Christmas one that's a that was like underground though to a tree, you know, the ones that go down and eat the tree every year.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I do. Oh yes, we have got to do that one.
Speaker 2: It's so fun.
Speaker 3: Maybe next Christmas for creep it weird.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I fully go in on a story a week later. I have no idea what you're talking about. Like I immerse myself.
Speaker 3: I've got my little like filing cabinet in my brains, like please hold yeah, I'm like some bad squadh. I'm like wait a minute, hold on. And I was like, did it I was like, hold on, I think I know this one. I think I know this one. I was like, but then I had to like go read my notes because I couldn't remember like all of it. So I was like, oh, yeah, definitely a good one.
Speaker 2: And before we get into this, I'm telling you now, ready say it with me, it's not it's not a condo. Well, actually, you know what, I think this this might be the only one that you could claim that because it is in California and it's a flying creature.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's a condor. Baby, It's a condor. I don't care what you say. From this point on, it is a condor.
Speaker 2: Bat monster cryptids have been reported in many of the United States and abroad. Some associate bat creatures as protectors, while others see them as like demonic.
Speaker 3: Oh I could see that, and.
Speaker 2: Arguably one of the most infamous hails from Washington State the Batsquatch.
Speaker 3: I wish people could see I like nod my heads. I'm like, oh, I know, and then I'm like, wait, you guys can't see me. Oh jeez.
Speaker 2: After the enormous nineteen to eighty eruption of Mount Saint Helen's, which was this catastrophic volcanic eruption, which to date is the most economically destructive volcano eruption in American history. And I feel like I said eruptions so many times right there. But it was devastatingly big.
Speaker 3: You're erupting with the word you can't help yourself. It just erupted out of her mouth.
Speaker 2: It did. Oh gosh, Natasha's going to use this on her sexting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my sexting. It's erupting.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid to use two descriptive of words now with you.
Speaker 3: Oh, it just gives you more artillery. I thank you later.
Speaker 2: Well, the eruption was devastatingly big, that's what he said.
Speaker 3: I get.
Speaker 2: It ruined tons of infrastructure. It took out hundreds of homes, like fifty bridges, which seems insane because I feel like bridges are so spaced out, never mind like the highway rail it took out, and it killed fifty seven people. Once the ash settled from the disaster, sightings of a strange creature began in the area. People reported seeing a flying figure. It's been speculated that it may have gained its supernatural abilities due to the eruption, or possibly that it was dormant inside with them already and it was merely awoken.
Speaker 3: That's something like Godzilla bullshit, right, It's like Kimera at its finest. But you were talking about the bridges. There's quite a few bridges in my town, and like, I'm in a tiny te Tay town, Like how many and we've got in the surrounding area We've got saying like this doesn't say they got to be big bridges. It could be any bridge, right, that's.
Speaker 2: True, But fifty of them is still.
Speaker 3: A lot one, two, three, or five, six at least six that I could think of off the top of my head in my around my tiny area.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, we got one, that's it.
Speaker 3: We're right next to a river. So the river like snakes through like around the county, so every time it takes a bob and a weave. And then you have the hills and hollers, creeks, the creeks, not the creeks, but the creeks, you know, So you have rivers and all of that stuff. So there's a lot of bridges around all right, They're just not huge bridges. We only have two decent sized ones.
Speaker 2: It's description like pretty much all cryptids varies. This towering primate looking creature is said to be about nine feet tall, while some articles say it's as large as twenty two feet tall. Twenty two feet It was on like some Japanese websites, but then some people say that that may be incorrect because maybe it was mistranslated, Like I'm guessing the the stuff.
Speaker 3: If it was Japan, it might just be like a whole different species.
Speaker 2: That's true. The creature is said to have a canine like head, like a dog or wolf type nose, and tuft in ears with this long torso. And I know that you sent me your notes and you wrote that he was jacked and had this like really you were going on and on about his abs. I'm like, I didn't find that, but okay, you google google the.
Speaker 3: Photo, just seriously google bat squadch and go to images and you'll see exactly what I was talking about. Dude's got washboard abs goals. Huh yeah, right, that's no joke. Oh very dope.
Speaker 2: Boy, I've got seen that one. I saw the one that makes him look more ape like yeah, or it.
Speaker 3: Almost like he's got like a cat looking ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, so he doesn't skip the ab day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or leg day from the looks of that one.
Speaker 2: And you also put him at about eight hundred to twelve hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to google that one.
Speaker 2: Some people say he has birdlike feet with talons and he has these batlike leathery wings that have been reported to be as large as a fifty foot That doesn't sound right as large as a fifty foot wingspan, you know what I mean. The sentence structure is wrong on that. But will pretend to like over I'm like.
Speaker 3: No, I totally get what you're saying, and then you look really confused for a second. I'm like, did I miss something?
Speaker 2: And he is sporting grayish or bluish fur with I've seen glowing red or yellow eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I've seen that too, and I've noticed a lot of times. Uh, not to like totally derail at the moment, but you hear similar things with dog Man and Sasquatch that they have some have yellow, some have red. I've heard both for both of them.
Speaker 2: I haven't done dog Man yet, so.
Speaker 3: I'm not done dog Man as a whole. I've just had people on that have had encounters. Ooh, yeah, so that was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So basically this creature is said to look a lot like Bigfoot, but with wings. So if a bat in a sasquatch had a baby, it could create this eight bat like creature. The name batsquatch comes from a mashup of bat and sasquatch, hence batsquatch.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's said to have incredible endurance with seemingly unlimited energy, which I wish.
Speaker 3: I well wish, I wish.
Speaker 2: That's how he can do all those crunches and keep that those ads. I'm just seeing.
Speaker 3: It's like he's got his little like wings tucked in like a bat that hangs upside down, but he's just like doing like sit ups upside down with his sweatband on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Got little he's got a little bat like bird feet whatever. They're like hooked and they've got little like leg warmers on them. That is a great image.
Speaker 2: He's said to have super enhanced hearing at long distances and have the ability to fly and jump large distances with ease and land effortlessly. He's also said to be able to manipulate car mechanics with its screams, with the most well known encounter on April nineteen ninety four, over a decade after the abruption, After the eruption, I can talk today. I'm sorry, just want I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: It was abrupt. You abruptly mispronounced eruption.
Speaker 2: What was the word that I kept saying, eruption? No? Was it eruption? And this is another time. Oh maybe that's why my body's like, stop stop saying that word. I'm not an auto filter on.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: So Brian Canfield was driving in Pierce County by Mount Rainier and his truck engine just stopped working. His truck stopped, and in front of him was what appeared to seemingly out of nowhere, this creature that descended in front of him in the road. What is wrong with me? Sorry? So he described the creature as nine feet tall, human esque being covered in blue fur with bat type wings. I'm trying to hold it together. You have to dump big lin.
Speaker 3: I'm trying so and I trying to cover my face that you wouldn't see it.
Speaker 2: So it just stood there watching Brian for minutes that seemed like hours, and then he just left. He flew away as quickly as he appeared, and then Brian's truck engine was fine and his truck just started right up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really weird to just have something to show up in front of you and then your entire car just quits working. What do you do?
Speaker 2: Get out and run? Then you have this thing like you're.
Speaker 3: Stay in the vehicle. Me too, personally, I would stay in the vehicle and hope that it doesn't come over there.
Speaker 2: Close your eyes, hope I can't see you.
Speaker 3: Nine feet tall. I'm just thinking nine feets. I always have a hard time. I'm not good at judging like heights or anything, so I always wonder how people, like, how accurate is it? Because to me, everybody looks really tall.
Speaker 2: But if you're sitting in a car, you can kind of guess from there.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe some people can't. I sure can't.
Speaker 2: What I can't get my head around is when people say things are in the sky and they're like it's eleven feet wide, Like, how do you know? Because if it's five feet away from you or five hundred feet away from you, it's going to be very different. And if you're just getting a little glimpse of it, how do you have this measurement?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It gets all all measurements. I never know.
Speaker 2: So there's this app on the phone that the ruler thing blows my mind. But you can point it at like a TV on the wall and it can measure it. Like, how does the phone know the distance? It's like, I don't understand the science. I can't get my head around how the phone can do that. And my kid's like, well, it does this exist? And I'm like, but it doesn't. It's no, Like, it's just not a thing. It doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 3: That is really weird. I don't know how I feel about that one. Oh so guy, it so so now we can't have a male versus female two inches. It's gonna actually give you two inches. Gosh, dang, it takes out half the fun.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, where was I nine feet tall?
Speaker 3: And then it flew off?
Speaker 2: Okay, So in two thousand and nine there were more accounts of a winged creature named Mount Shasta. I always think of that cheap soda Shasta. A group was out hiking when they saw a creature. You never heard of Shasta soda.
Speaker 3: No, I know what Fanta is.
Speaker 2: No hospitals around here. They always said, like, that's the knockoff cheap o soda. It's like trash. But if you're at the hospital and you want like a jijirel.
Speaker 3: We have real soda. At my hospital. We have a whole cafeteria and everything. It has really good food. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: The Boston cafeterias are insane. Like if you want any type of food in the world, you can get it. But if you go to like certain outskirt hospitals, the cafeterias are trash.
Speaker 3: Ours has really good food that's good when it's open when you don't work third shift.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so you got vending machine options.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fantastic. Oh, very overly priced vending machine options.
Speaker 2: I get so jealous of the vending machines in like Japan that I see on TikTok that the thing will like make this whole like fruit parfe in front of you in the machine. They do like the craziest things in their vending machines. Oh, I didn't know that they have all these healthy options that aren't a million dollars, and like we get like a week old tune of sandwich or a five dollars bag of Doritos, and they have like this b yeah, and they have these beautiful options.
Speaker 3: And then well they are more technologically inclined than we are for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me midnight scrolling on TikTok and then you know, it just gets on your algorithm and then it just Yeah, seriously, do I want to get out of bed and make popcorn? Or do I want to sit here and stare at her?
Speaker 3: For you looks real good?
Speaker 2: Do I want to pay fifty dollars for a parfe on door dash?
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the group was out hiking and they saw this creature emerge from a crevice in the mountain Mount Shasta, and they described how the creature spread is fifty foot wingspan and flew away. Originally they thought it was pterodactyl like, but as they watched it fly away, it appeared more like a flying batfox with blue fur.
Speaker 3: A bat fox. That's a little specific. Wait, hold on, hold on, So we've got basically a blue fox with.
Speaker 2: Wings mm hmm, or an ape like thing with wings, or a pterodactyl.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, or a peterodactyl. We gotta you gotta leave in the dactyl, which could very well be a condor just saying.
Speaker 2: I'm allowing it this time.
Speaker 3: But between the fox and the ape, those are two totally different animals. I mean tail size alone, I mean, they have nothing in common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a foxtail is so distinct unless it's talking about its face.
Speaker 3: We're making our very own like weird flying platypus.
Speaker 2: It's Perry.
Speaker 3: Parry. Oh yeah, I'm like to pete.
Speaker 2: Yeah. In June twenty eleven, a man was in his yard with his dog and he bent down to pick up the dog and he said, quote, I saw something flying in the sky. It had bat wings, blue fur, and a face similar. I don't know what that means to eyes glowing red. It was about nine feet tall, at least after I watched it, it just flew away.
Speaker 3: None of these descriptions make any sense so far. I mean, none of them. Aside from bat wings, nothing else is in common.
Speaker 2: The height kind of, I mean, but if it goes from fox to ape, yeah, to nine feet tall to twenty feet tall or whatever. And I wonder how good of a look these people got, and if they heard the other encounters and I kind of building off of that, or they just saw something flying and they just wanted to be included, or really they really did see something. You know, there's so many yeah what ifs. There was another possible sighting in April of twenty fourteen in Akron, Ohio, when a high school's whole class witnessed out of the classroom window a large black flying thing pass at an extraordinary speed. Again, they said it passed an extraordinary speed through a window, but they described it as being about nine feet tall with a twenty to thirty foot wingspan.
Speaker 3: All right, is this two nine feet talls?
Speaker 2: But you're seeing it fly past your window, so you have limited view. The whole class asked.
Speaker 3: Is this one at the school? Yeah, so i'm picturing now now. Granted that one, to me would be easily proved. You'd be able to measure that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, because of the window size, Because if.
Speaker 3: You think about it, you yeah, you'd be able to figure out the size of the window and how much of this thing was in the shot of the window.
Speaker 2: So you think think the teacher just ran to the window and started measuring.
Speaker 3: Well, probably not right then, but I'm sure that later it was probably like, well, how big was that?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: That thing was huge? Hold on, I'd be like let's measure this window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the fact that the whole class saw it gives it a little bit of credibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit. It depends how old we are these kids it didn't say that is the important part.
Speaker 2: And a lot of these people don't give their names. And I don't know, but it's strange that accounts spans so far apart. But maybe his endurance allows him to travel, and maybe that would explain the size difference. Some reporting seven nine fifteen feet, But like I said, it could be the distance thing, and it's hard to tell how big something is when it's so far away. Some people even described it as having purple eyes or small wings.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, old snelly.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what it gave me too, where the wings.
Speaker 3: Aren't nearly as big as it should be to make this thing get off the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty much on the description because there's a lot of other small encounters, but they group them, but not all of them seem like that they kind of match. Yeah, So I'm curious if the creature was dormant within the volcano, or some people say he was down in the earth and then released after the disturbance, or possibly that the volcano eruption transformed him somehow like a spider bite, or this could.
Speaker 3: Be like the opposite of the Thing where it was trapped in ice and then they drilled to the bottom and the thing gets out to talk about, No, I'm lost the thing with that?
Speaker 2: Was it? Kurt Russell, Oh, was in a movie called The Thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the movie. I'm sorry what I've even seen that one, although I just threw down my tissue with authority, excuse me. But essentially there's this you hear about them all the time, so like the permafrost, people are always afraid that. You can see it in some movies. What movie was I just watching? I was watching something and it was like there were ancient germs, essentially, organisms that were so far like they're from forever ago, and then the permafrost and then all the snow and all that fun stuff. But then like global warming happens and it starts to like melt, and then these like old old old organisms come to the surface, and then they get people sick, and then it's a whole thing because we can't fight it off. But they've been here forever, but they've been stuck under.
Speaker 2: The ice that's scary knowing that it lived all that time and then it comes back up, because then you're screwed for at least ten years until they figure out what it is, how to treat it and guinea pig everybody as they do that. Yep, that's terrifying. That's a good horror movie. Whatever that is.
Speaker 3: I was watching. It was alien based, but what gosh, dang it, the Gummy's hit up the Gummy's heading. Yes, it's exactly right. I literally just watched. Uh. It was like a battle movie too. It's got Chris Pratt in it. And they go they have to go to the future. They like recruit people like soldiers for the future, and they like time travel, so they like swoop this hole. Oh my god, what is that called Tomorrow War or something?
Speaker 2: I'll watch. It sounds good, you should watch.
Speaker 3: It's actually really good. It's actually really good. But they go through and essentially so it gets we there's these aliens that take over the planet and like the specieses like humans are toast, like these things are, and they can't figure out what's going on. So they start calculating the director ejectory and all of these things that are happening, and they come to find out that when they go back in time, the twenty thirty years or whatever, it's that the alien craft had been there the whole time. It's just that it crashed into the ice and then everything over the you know, centuries, just piling snow and ice on top of it. Then the global warming makes it fall out, and then like these things get the reactivated or whatever, like they come back to life like a cryogenically frozen and they fall out kind of situation.
Speaker 2: That's a good movie plot.
Speaker 3: It is really good. It's really good. I think it's called Tomorrow War.
Speaker 2: Also in the Pacific Northwest, Bigfoot has been a local indigenous people's native lore for centuries in that area, going back to Mount Saint Helen's. After the nineteen eighties eruption, witnesses reported that people, assumingly governmental agency people were transporting bodies of Bigfoot out of there. Some witnesses claim that they saw a to cease Bigfoot's body being guard and one said that he even saw one being transported in a military helicopter. And it will come as no surprise the government denies this. So the fact that the spottings of batsquatch were in that area and they found bodies. Well, supposedly people saw government agencies taking dead bigfoot big feet out of there. Big Feet.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's a good question bigfoots. Maybe it's like, wait, what is it? Fish is singular but also plural.
Speaker 2: So bigfoot bigfoot? Okay?
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know. They can't really say, you know, like octopus and OCTOPI. I mean that doesn't really work out either.
Speaker 2: Bigfoot eye money isn't How would you see it if it's being transported in a military copter. Well, they said that they saw the hairy body after they saw the dead bigfoot being guarded. But it's hard to believe that a person walked up and saw this and left to tell the tale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, let's say, are really good binoculars, right, Maybe they got good binoculars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I feel about that.
Speaker 2: Other people think that it may be an alien, given how it's able to affect a car's engine, and aliens are known to be able to mess with that.
Speaker 3: But that's a kind of echo location infrasound. Do I need to keep going?
Speaker 2: Just it's a theory that was out there. I don't buy that one.
Speaker 3: But who's to say there can't be a creature that uses the equivalency of a superpowered echolocation.
Speaker 2: I think because of his hearing. I don't see why he wouldn't like a bat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what if it's so big that the vibration is what kills your car, or like Jimmy's something loose, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I like the vibration in that area that he's vibrating so fast. Yeah, that's not to be used in your sexting either.
Speaker 3: It's vibrating so fast it's so hard you're welcome listeners.
Speaker 2: Okay. So another theory being that maybe it's another cryptid like Mothman that needed to change his hair and dyed his hair blue. I mean, I get it. We've all been there randomly switched up hair colors all the time.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't have red hair anymore.
Speaker 2: Some people compare him to Mothman, and others say that he's comparable to Jersey Devil or the Ahol, who's also a bet like cryptid that lurks deep in the jungles of Java, Indonesia, getting his name from its cry a hool.
Speaker 3: I'd say that might be far enough away from California for it not to be a thing. I mean, unless it traverses a very long way, and why would there not be a bunch of them unlimited stamina?
Speaker 2: Are they just all related? Mothman's the cousin.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like it, But they also think that some think that Mothman is kind of like spiritual and demonic as well. I think just anything with those bat wings people kind of correlated with that or associated with that.
Speaker 2: But they also have the what do you call that? Natural disasters surrounding them, like Mothman and volcanic eruption and the bridges and stuff.
Speaker 3: And my vocabulary button is broken today. Ominous right or foreboding? Yes, I use that in some notes earlier.
Speaker 2: They're both perfect descriptors though those are good words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this harbager of doom. Mmm, that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 2: That's about it. I mean, they do say that they're supposedly or allegedly photos that someone managed to get of the creature, but sadly they've never been analyzed, and I couldn't find them online.
Speaker 3: Right because I was trying to find them too, and I couldn't find any other than like drawings, like some sort of artist's rendition of what happened.
Speaker 2: So whoever has the photos bring them forward? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? Or is it one of those situations where you're sitting there watching for thirty minutes, but you snap one fuzzy photo like the lady who took the one nessy photo.
Speaker 2: I know, why wouldn't you be like click a click if you saw something amazing? I would not take one picture. People sit and record like Fourth of July fireworks and have like twenty minute videos of those, but they would only take one picture of NeSSI exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I'm with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So what do you think about batsquatch condor?
Speaker 3: Don't kid? Actually, all it all serious is though our California condors blue? I don't think they are. Aren't they like white and black?
Speaker 2: I don't think that that's a necessary color. But can they be?
Speaker 3: I got it? So a blue heron and a California Condor had a baby.
Speaker 2: Look at Yes, adult California condors can exhibit shades of light blue on their bare head and necks. I am so proud you and Natasha. You finally have something that fits on the California condor.
Speaker 3: Wooh I wish they could see the expression on my face when you said that.
Speaker 2: One more thing, they when stressed, frightened, or excited, their neck skin can turn and change colors, so they have like a chameleon thing on them too, which is insane. I didn't know that either, So maybe that's why the different hues. If it is a California condor and the juveniles have darkish gray heads and necks and start turning after four years old.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you a condor for once, thank god, and the condor I think it fits. But aside from that though, but no abs, No, you can't win them all. Only one picture had abs that I could find, so maybe it was just maybe they were making their own smut novel and they wanted a big beefy batsquatch beefy Bertha batsquatch. Uh. But my thing is the wings get me because even if it's something that is bad, we imagine how big those wings have to be because they're not real sturdy. I mean, it's just that membranous layer in between the really long fingerbones essentially.
Speaker 2: And they say the very leathery to support that height and weight, they would have to be big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that weight I calculated the weight based on the fact that it literally said that it was the weight of two grizzly bears. So I just went off.
Speaker 2: Of measured this. When did I get on a scale? I stopped on it stopped on a highway truck stop for a second, and I was like, hold on, second I wrote it down.
Speaker 3: There was another Oh my gosh an episode that I was listening to that they said it was so heavy that it took eight oxen to pull it out of the water. That's how heavy they measured it. Eight oxen had to pull it out right, hey, right right, So that was that was kind of my gig. But I just I mean, I guess. I mean, fifty feet wingspan is a very large wingspan for something that's only potentially nine feet tall.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I believe this, but I would love it if it was a pterodactyl that was dormant in the volcano for all those years, just like living, reproducing, and this was the father that would do get milk. And he just like was like, all right.
Speaker 3: Out, whoa, I am having really bad de ja vous. This is really weird. Okay, I'm going to say this. I guess again, because my brain thinks I've already said it once, but they do say dinosaurs. Now they are saying that they had feathers, because I'm gonna be like, well, how do you get a reptile and mix it up with an ape? But if there's short feathers, I can see it kind of appearing feathery, almost like a baby penguin kind of situation, you know, where they're kind of like fuzzy.
Speaker 2: But if he was in the cave for so many years, he could have his makeup could have changed, like if he wasn't in the sun, if he wasn't whatever.
Speaker 3: True, But what if he's a very well groomed batsquadh.
Speaker 2: He just got his wings done.
Speaker 3: I just got my wings done. Oh my gosh. Can you imagine they got a little like nail polish on the tips? I'm thinking pink, like hot pink.
Speaker 2: Do you know the stupidest thing I used to do with nails when I was a teenager, You know the little gems you could put at the end. It was like an earring almost on your nail. Yeah, like the little dangly things though, cutest things. And then I went home with them and they are the most impractical things in the world. You go to put your clothes on it snagging, you go to brush your hair at snagging, Like they're not practical unless you do nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like those people that have like mile long fingernails.
Speaker 2: And they astound me. I don't know how that too.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm like, how would you wipe your butt?
Speaker 2: But all of it, like how do you function? I'm like jealous. You see the ones typing and stuff, and I'm like, how are you doing that?
Speaker 3: Yes, so I'm very bold or I just have really poor judgment or horrible social skills. I really don't know which, but some combination of those. And I saw lady I was like a doctor's office and I saw her nails and I was like, dude, I've got to ask total stranger, and I'm like, how do you wipe your butt? Oh? My god? She stops dead, seriously, goes very carefully.
Speaker 2: Good answer, I know, but I was just like, how do.
Speaker 3: You wipe your butt? Stranger? Like oops, no shame here, no shame. I'm just there's so many different descriptions of this thing that and that's where I struggle because it's like all these different things and they just slap a label of batsquatch on it.
Speaker 2: There's so many flying encryptids as well, So who's just say one wasn't one, one was another, one was another exactly?
Speaker 3: Maybe he was just okay, okay, hold on, what if it's this is gonna be like a horrible thing, but we're gonna go there anyway. Why not just like we have the people that have that weird skin disc order where they grow hair everywhere, including their face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if it's just that this guy has that weird malfunction that he can't grow hair, or can that he has hair everywhere? But that wouldn't explain the wings.
Speaker 3: It might be the I'll go with the panderodactyls theory.
Speaker 2: Oh if he said, well, that's true, every animal can have some sort of.
Speaker 3: Like peach foot birth defect.
Speaker 2: I don't know if i'd call it a birth defect but abnormality to their species.
Speaker 3: Or what if it would have been birdesque wings? But that is the genetic mutation, is that it's like mangy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it was Maine enough, I could see it. No, I could see it appearing leathery if you have those patches, and most of these people only see him for a second, and the guy in the car was probably pooping his pants watching it, trying to figure out what the hell do I don't think he was focused so much on that as am I gonna die?
Speaker 3: He's the one that it was nine feet tall? And was that the same guy that had a fifty foot wingspan this? Or was that the school one? Because I feel like the guy that saw a nine feet tall didn't even mention the wings.
Speaker 2: He didn't he didn't say a wingspan. The people that were hiking by Mount Shasta that said that a creature came out of the mountain and out of a crevice said fifty feet wingspan, and the school said twenty to thirty feet, and the guy that was walking his dog didn't give a wingspan.
Speaker 3: But they did say that it was flying though, right, yeah, that it flew away. Okay, okay, Superman pose.
Speaker 2: Which again, from that far away, how do you see nine feet?
Speaker 3: I guess it depends on the background.
Speaker 2: There was some episode we did together where a guy took a dollar out of his pocket and held it up and that's how he measured. And I still don't get that it's two dollars wide, so it's nine feet, Like what, you don't know the distance. You're not the phone out unless it's something that you have.
Speaker 3: That you know how big it is and it's always the same size. Oh my god, this is getting work.
Speaker 2: But even then, you don't know like how far away it is, Like you can't say, like, okay, it's a water bottle. If it's one hundred feet away or a thousand feet away, it's gonna be a different measurement.
Speaker 3: He could be by a road sign and then you can go measure the road sign.
Speaker 2: In the sky.
Speaker 3: Oh in the sky, never mind. Uh, maybe they were ex military and they used to be in the air forced. I'm trying every excuse for these people. I don't know. I'm out of options. That's all. I got California condor.
Speaker 2: Okay, so California condor for you, and I think it's a pterodactyl.
Speaker 3: Sold all right.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's it. I finally covered bat Squatch.
Speaker 3: And you're welcome. You're gonna have to label this smut novels and Batsquatch podcast name done.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you so much Natasha for coming on and eggs bring in your I know you must be so excited. You finally got to use California Condor.
Speaker 3: I know, it's like I'm on cloud nine. I'm up here flying with the California Condors.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you everybody so much for listening, and don't forget to check out Natasha on cloaket and Cosmics, and check us out on our podcast creep It Weird. We have some really fun episodes coming up. And yeah, I'll throw all the links below.
Speaker 3: Yeah, check it out. Suckus, I got ye, I got you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. If you need more content or just want to help support the podcast, head on over to patreon dot com and search ouch. Was that a ghost? If you need some snazzy merch, you can find it at crowdmaid dot com by searching ouch. Was that a ghost? If you have a store you'd like to share, you can email it to ouch. Was that a ghost? At Yahoo dot com? You can also find us on Facebook and all the other social media platforms under ouch. Was that a ghost? All links can also be found on ouch. Was that a ghost? Dot com