Speaker 1: Hello, everybody. Happy Sunday. We're back with you once again and glad to be so. As always, our technical skill is unrivaled. No one can touch it. Starting out today, just so we're all clear, the Sunday cocktail for the show, normally a Saturday cocktail, is in fact a banana daiquiri. We went old school. I went like 1950s Fountain Blue Hotel banana daiquiri, and they are delicious. They're dangerously delicious. Yes. Yes. You know, in the great words of Dorothy Parker, she once said, I'm good for three cocktails. The first one, I'm under the influence. The second one, I'm under the table. And the third one, I'm under the host. So we'll have three.
Speaker 2: He's spicy.
Speaker 1: I'm spicy. It's been a spicy day. It's been a spicy day. Well, we're so glad to be back with you guys because Renee last weekend was not. She was down for the count.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Something.
Speaker 3: Nabbed all of my coworkers too. There was a bunch of us who were under the weather last weekend. So we're not sure what that was all about, but I did, we all collectively did a COVID test on Monday and.
Speaker 4: We didn't have it. So I'm not sure what it was.
Speaker 3: It just could have been some sort of bug, but I slept literally 16 to 18 hours on Friday and then again on Saturday.
Speaker 1: She woke up Friday morning. Well, she was awake all night Thursday night. Woke up Friday morning and was like, I can't come in. And she's never. I mean, she is like.
Speaker 3: I got up. It was like 3 o'clock.
Speaker 1: She plays her all the time. And man, when she says that she's sick, she's down.
Speaker 3: I always play her. I play hurt, not injured. There's a difference for those of you. It's a football weekend. We're kicking it off. Started Thursday.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to FSU on winning at least one game this year.
Speaker 3: So FSU won yesterday against New Mexico State.
Speaker 2: Go Knolls.
Speaker 3: My Catamounts won. Go Western Carolina.
Speaker 2: We also won. So two wins.
Speaker 1: Good evening, football and Sammy Carter. We are eager to be back soon. We are streaming, by the way, on the stack. It's working. We are? Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing it up.
Speaker 1: It's a Christmas miracle.
Speaker 3: So that I can look at comments as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Make sure that there's no sound. Because I don't like to mess us up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know. You know, you guys, this is actually so fun for us because we get so many questions. We do look through all the e-mails online. And some of them are always going to be like, what do you think about this thing that's happening this week? Which is great and fun. We love that. But there's also a bunch of stuff. Mike Madrid's points about Texas. He is absolutely right about Texas. He was down there this last week going through with Bobby Polito in Cala Rico and the change in the Rio Grande Valley, not just the Hispanic voters, but But with Anglo voters as well, it's remarkable. There's a massive, massive shift going on in Texas right now.
Speaker 5: And Mike is the definitive analyst for Hispanic voting behavior in America, but also more broadly, he's very good at American voter behavior in general. And he was on the ground there, and I think he was picking up this rising shift in Texas, not only among Hispanic voters who got really screwed by Trump economically.
Speaker 1: But also with the change in Anglo and white rural voters as well, who've just been screwed by the terrorists, by the Capitol thing, all of it is just a constant pain for them.
Speaker 4: So We have a lot on the list.
Speaker 1: Oh, my God. We have so much on the list. Okay.
Speaker 3: So we have so much on the list. We hope we can cover all.
Speaker 2: Of this today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you want to start with?
Speaker 1: Well, let's.
Speaker 2: What do y'all want to start with?
Speaker 1: Of the dumbest freaking idea of the week, Lake America.
Speaker 2: Lake America.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Lake America.
Speaker 1: Don't fall for it, guys. It's just trolling. It's all going to get changed back.
Speaker 3: I know that a couple people have asked me because they've already started the rebranding on the.
Speaker 2: Map sites.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Some of them.
Speaker 1: Google in America. Here's the funny part. Only in the U.S., only for U.S. users does Google call it like America.
Speaker 3: Okay, great. I see you.
Speaker 1: But let me say this. Sundar Pichai, you are not a dumb man. No. And Sundar Pichai, I know people, I don't know him personally, but I know a lot of people who are close to him. He is not an evil man. He's, you know, Silicon Valley, but he's not in the pantheon of Silicon Valley. She did. He'll listen to Karis. All of this was to play to Trump, and only the MAGA fools are getting it and seeing it like America. Everywhere else in the world, it's still Lake Ontario. And everywhere else in the world, by the way, it's probably still Gulf of Mexico. Apple, to their credit, we're like, go fuck yourself. No, we're not playing.
Speaker 3: And those of you who use Google Maps and want something different, MapQuest.
Speaker 1: They're still around.
Speaker 3: MapQuest is an app. I saw Kara was pointing people to it. Take off your Google, put on DuckDuckGo, do something different. Just Google. I think everybody should just do it as a shout out.
Speaker 1: The small defiances that we can engage in still matter. They still matter a lot. But I do want to say that more broadly. It's not working anymore for Trump to do this stuff. This used to be a big deal. People would have been like, we all know it's going to get switched back. We all know it's going to get changed.
Speaker 4: It's an executive order.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. And yes, he can tell the Department of Interior, the GIS people, rename it, blah, blah, blah. But you know what? The minute another president is in office, they're going to say, fix this shit. And by the way, if the minute the Democrats want to pass a CR, that says, and no funds will be appropriated for the White House of any kind until and unless the GIS people are instructed to rename the Gulf of Mexico to its proper name and the Lake Ontario to its proper name, and just slide the thing in the appropriations bill. And at some point, they'll just change it because they have to. So, you know, the cherry trees Trump is cutting down, do not start her on that.
Speaker 3: 60 of them are gone. I saw the nubs. I did see this. So, there was somebody who outed and said it was our tech. Out of, I believe it's North Carolina that did the trees. They came out and said, absolutely not. It was not them.
Speaker 1: It's had.
Speaker 3: That question twice now, but here's the thing. They said it wasn't them. They said it was a different company. They do have a contract for removing trees. decaying trees or trees that are a problem like we all do in our yards here.
Speaker 1: We've got about a 50-foot tree that fell off while we were gone.
Speaker 3: But they do have a contract to do some of that work, but they did not cut down trees.
Speaker 4: The healthy trees. Now, I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 3: I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 1: I've been looking into it. They clearly wanted the word out that they didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they clearly made all these posts. So I've got a big problem with the trees. There's a couple hundred of them, yes. But they have started the cutting. And I'm worried. I will say this. The fact that they went in and started clear-cutting those things, and it's about... The nubs that I saw, the stumps are about maybe not even a foot from the ground. I'm worried about that. But I'm also worried about them coming in and doing that just, you know, without permission. Those are historical. Those are gifts from the Japanese government to us.
Speaker 1: From the emperor. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Those came, I grew up outside of DC. I grew up inside of Gaithersburg. My dad worked for IBM. He also works for Goddard Space Flight Center. But I grew up going into DC as a child, seeing the trees.
Speaker 4: Every year my mom would go in and.
Speaker 3: We'd have a big family thing. And I just, it's heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And on that kind of same note, because he threatened to do it, I am really, really worried about him taking a bulldozer to the Kennedy Center also, just like he did to the East Wing without.
Speaker 4: Notification, permission, all of that, because.
Speaker 3: He's just doing, excuse my language, whatever the hell he pleases. And it's heartbreaking. It's ruining our history. It's ruining our country. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Hey, Wine Stand Lens, hello, my friend. Good to see you. I've never been on the ground at Bears Ears or Grand Escalante, but when I was out in Park City in 2020, I rented DA40 Diamond I flew in one day and flew out over Bears Ears. Oh, my God, just stunning, absolutely. And 95% of my flying is, of course, 99% of my flying is from east of the Mississippians. And so that was a really amazing experience. And I hope you're doing well. I love you. We miss you. So, Todd, you've asked a couple questions about why aren't we streaming on the Lincoln Project channel. This is just our little weekend project. And we don't want to make the producers get up and have to burn their weekends out.
Speaker 4: And I'm not part of LP. So this is kind of.
Speaker 2: It's our personal thing.
Speaker 3: We just decided to do it, and we put it under Rick's because, you know, he's got a following. I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, you do have a following.
Speaker 2: You're an influencer.
Speaker 3: Not on.
Speaker 1: I'm getting followers. But, Todd, the reason is that Our producers, they do four other shows for me every week, and they bust their asses, and they work really, really hard. And this is just us on the weekends having some fun.
Speaker 3: And we just did this as kind of a one-off the first time we did it.
Speaker 4: And it was sort of a let's go live and just talk to people.
Speaker 1: And then people were like, do more.
Speaker 3: People were like, do this every weekend. And we're like, okay.
Speaker 4: So this is just our little fun show.
Speaker 1: You're looking radiant.
Speaker 3: I'm looking radiant. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Just a little.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're getting to the Santas, don't you? We're getting there. Oh, have faith.
Speaker 2: Have faith.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got a lot to say. But as we look going forward to all the people that are in D.C. and surrounding communities, please, y'all, know it's not eggnog.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: I like the nog.
Speaker 1: It's a banana daiquiri.
Speaker 4: It's a banana daiquiri with fresh banana.
Speaker 1: We had a bunch of fresh organic bananas. I was like, I'm making something.
Speaker 3: I bought some bananas. And because I like a banana and they're safe.
Speaker 1: For now.
Speaker 4: Because they have skin on them that you.
Speaker 3: Don't eat the skin. So it's.
Speaker 1: Oh, Patrick, we're going to cover you. Milo Yiannopoulos, who is such a little prick and a troll and was part of the harassment of my children. during Steve Bannon's time when Milo was at Breitbart. He's been deported. He is a UK resident or citizen. He was a resident here.
Speaker 3: He did not come to his hearings.
Speaker 1: He did not go to his hearings. And he got in a spat with Laura Loomer, who is an individual who I wish to be deported to whatever universe she came from initially.
Speaker 3: She's in the metaverse somewhere.
Speaker 2: Right, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know which timeline, but.
Speaker 1: But Milo's tweets for months were like, I wish ICE would deport more of them every day. These illegals. So Milo's out. Goodbye. Goodbye. What else? We've got toxic beef. And we got loomered. We've got toxic beef. We've got poop lettuce. Trump's trade war with Canada is going to cut off our toilet paper supply and increase the cost of toilet paper. So poop lettuce. Toilet paper shortage.
Speaker 2: It's not a good look.
Speaker 1: A heck of a job, don't you think? Annie Andrews is doing better. It's still South Carolina. I love her to death, by the way. I love her to death. It is a tough seat. It's a very, very, very, very, very, very, very tough seat.
Speaker 3: I was wondering if all of the.
Speaker 4: Guy who ran for governor who ran against.
Speaker 2: Ralph Norman. Graham.
Speaker 3: Graham. formerly known as something else because she changed her name days before the election. Anyway, if he is going to just gracefully go back or if he's going to throw his support to a Democrat, because if he threw his supporters, because he came close, if he were to throw his support to her and join with the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Because he is bitter about Trump doing this.
Speaker 3: He's bitter. So he could.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys, we're having a very big year. How high the tide rises is the question. In Iowa, Sand is doing great. Turek is doing great. Three of the House seats are Lincoln Project. Well, actually, three of the House seats plus Sand plus Turek are all Lincoln Project targets this year. We're hitting all those really hard. I think we're going to take all three of those congressional seats that we're targeting.
Speaker 2: I hope so.
Speaker 1: Because it's nuts. It is now. Okay, what do we got?
Speaker 3: We can talk about the beef. People are talking about the beef in the chat, and we need to talk about the beef.
Speaker 1: I want to say something about the beef situation broadly. There are local producers everywhere in this country. Local. We just, in the last few days... got an actual new local butcher shop in our neighborhood.
Speaker 3: I don't know where they're pulling meat from.
Speaker 1: They're in Monticello. They're in Monticello. And we have Grady Farms in South Georgia near here. They provide beef, lamb, hogs, all this stuff. And when you go there, you think for a second, like, oh, this is expensive. But it's no more expensive than Publix is these days.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you what, local... If you're doing anything, try and buy local. We need to support our local farmers, our local ag, our local businesses. Our small businesses are struggling, and we need to try and support small business. We got the Grady Farms at the farmer's market two.
Speaker 2: Weeks ago when we voted.
Speaker 1: We've got lamb, and we've got a bunch of lamb from them. I've got leg of lamb. I've got lamb bones for stew. I've got all sorts of ground. What?
Speaker 3: In georgia that we that white oak farm white oak is great also they.
Speaker 1: Will do white oak guys they seem to have had a journey when they realized about a year ago that um you know what and you know who we're not the way to we're not the way.
Speaker 2: To get clients anymore no so.
Speaker 1: But yeah we have a local butcher we have a we have a tremendous local seafood market here yeah that is that is and they get stuff out of the Gulf, out of the Atlantic, and around the world every day. Man, I made a good tuna tataki from Southern a couple weeks ago.
Speaker 3: It was delicious for World Cup.
Speaker 2: Good night. It was good.
Speaker 3: Fresh fish, amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So support your local businesses. Support your local. If you eat meat, I'm not saying, you know, turn to meat if you're not a meat eater, but there's meat, local, If you can get fish local, most of us can get it local. We're on the coast.
Speaker 4: Some of you guys can get it shipped in, fresh shipped.
Speaker 3: From Atlantic or close from the Gulf as well. So think about that. Also, you're getting your omega-3s, which is good for you. I can't take them.
Speaker 2: They kill me.
Speaker 3: I can take krill oil, but I can't take omega-3s. I will burp fish all day. So I try and eat the fresh stuff or the fresh frozen. If you can't, get it at Costco. Costco has fresh, the little fresh fillets, which are even nicer because they're about, you know, about what you need, about three, four ounces, five ounces. And you can pop one of those out. I used to cook them frozen in the thing, coat them with some mayonnaise. I know it sounds weird, but that frozen fish, roll it in mayonnaise. If it doesn't have a coating on it, And bake it in the oven. I'm telling you, it will come out very, very.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 3: The M word. I don't say the M word.
Speaker 2: But it's delicious.
Speaker 3: And put a little dill on it or lemon dill.
Speaker 4: Delicious also.
Speaker 1: Patty, we will talk about the oil deal. We'll get on to that. We'll get there. But yeah, I mean, and we have a great organic farm called Orchard Pond right up the road from us. Oh, cool.
Speaker 3: I will tell you, and they do boxes of food to you that you can pick up or ship. I'm pulling my favorite thing in the whole world. If you know me, if we are not eating his sister's honey.
Speaker 1: My sisters make great honey.
Speaker 3: They make great honey. And local, their bees and all of that. If I don't have their honey... It's different.
Speaker 1: We still have a lot of their honey, too.
Speaker 4: I still, I buy this, which is the Orchard Pond, and it is gallberry.
Speaker 1: Again, we are not sponsored by anybody.
Speaker 2: I am not.
Speaker 1: We're just telling you stuff we like.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you stuff I like. I have no sponsors, except for him. He's my sponsor.
Speaker 1: Is that another word for sugar daddy?
Speaker 3: But gallberry honey, if you haven't had this, it's the purple stripe. You can't get it all year. So when I do, I try and get a big one. I did also get this at the farmer's market. They also do a farmer's market booth up at Cary Forest on top. So try and buy the local stuff. And it's supposed to be good also for allergies.
Speaker 2: Spoon of it every.
Speaker 3: Morning to get that local... pollen situation and it's supposed to help you too.
Speaker 2: Yeah just this little thing so um so.
Speaker 3: Also wait talk about the beef one more time so people are cutting into beef and finding the beef measles i don't know if you've seen that have you seen that it is um that's terrible i've seen the pictures and if those are real pictures i'm sort of grossed out Like, you cut it, and it looks like... I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to... Can we stop this now? I'm already getting.
Speaker 2: It scares me.
Speaker 4: So, the toxic beef situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they're importing all of this stuff, and it doesn't have.
Speaker 1: And it's got hormones. It's got hormones.
Speaker 3: And it's not checked.
Speaker 1: And chemicals.
Speaker 4: The last step is just terrible.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: All right. Short-stacked artist got the beef. You got the Jesus margaritas.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jesus margaritas. These are our banana daffodils.
Speaker 1: I wanted to give a shout out to a candidate you should pay attention to in the Florida 13th. That's the Annapolina Luna seat right now. Check out Leela Gray. She's amazing. Former Army Brigadier General running against the craziest Russian shill, Annapolina Luna, in that district. And People are starting to pay attention to that seat. That seat's going to be in play because Luna is so freaking nuts.
Speaker 2: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fat.
Speaker 1: Yes, Roberta, that Dorothy Parker quote is on the napkins at the Algonquin, which is a great place to go have a cocktail because can you imagine her Bentley, I mean, oh my God. Anyway, I could go down that rabbit hole for way too long.
Speaker 3: JW, yes, you're coming to the United States, and he said, should I just pack suitcases of snacks? Oh, we got snacks in this country.
Speaker 2: Snacks are not our problem.
Speaker 1: We're good for snacks.
Speaker 3: We're good for snacks.
Speaker 1: Listen, Kyle, Hakeem, I went after Hakeem on that thing now a week ago, and I got some feedback from people in Washington. I can't believe you did that. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. You never take a meeting with the devil. He will lie to you. I mean, it's like everything, everything you hear out of, out of the mouth of Jared Kushner is going to be a lie.
Speaker 3: Can we, we, that's a segue.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Everybody says, I understand the whole like FHK for taking the meeting. I understand that. I also understand that we're also in a place that we also need to be, figure out how to talk to the other side. And I know the other side is the devil and we still have conversations with the devil. They may not be what he wants to hear, but we still have them. I, I, And watching everything, and we'll talk about Dolly coming soon, too. But I worry there's so much.
Speaker 2: Hate right now.
Speaker 4: And hate for the other side. And nobody's talking to anybody.
Speaker 3: And maybe, maybe he attempted it. Was it the right way?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what was said. I don't know what the conditions were. I don't know about the meeting or how it happened or any of that. I am not, I'm not talking about that per se. But we also need to figure out how we're all going to be adults. I know what she's going to say.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about that. I'm saying this. We have all got to figure out who the adults are in the room, and how people are going to attempt to even talk to one another.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then what should have happened was Mike Johnson should have gone to Hakeem and said, I'm negotiating with you now for the surrender of our bullshit.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: And that should have been how it is, because here's my other thing, too. The only thing Jared Kushner is is Donald's son-in-law. That's it to me. He is not elected. He is not in the cabinet. He doesn't have a position there. He doesn't have clearances because he has no position.
Speaker 1: Well, actually he has been issued clearances for the highest levels of American intelligence by the president with no background check. So that should all, that should all make you feel really good that he has TSSCI SAP clearances. Um, and those of you who know, you know, um, And he's been briefed on the most sensitive American intelligence compartments that exist, including human intelligence. So you might as well just give it all a fucking poop. I. OK. But look, we've got to be able to take their surrender.
Speaker 3: We it's not even surrender. OK, I'm not asking about taking surrender. I'm talking about we've got a lot of problems in this country. And we need some damn adults who are not just being petty. And we need to start figuring out how we're all going to come together.
Speaker 4: We've got collapsing Social Security.
Speaker 3: We've got these Medicare problems, Medicaid problems.
Speaker 4: We have got so many problems.
Speaker 3: We've got to figure out a way that we're all going to come together. And I don't know how that's going to happen. And I'm not giving Hakeem a pass either. I'm just saying in the future, we've got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Maybe we need to depict.
Speaker 4: Better people and people with clearance.
Speaker 3: I know not with this administration.
Speaker 4: I get that. But we've got to start.
Speaker 2: I know. Maybe. I know.
Speaker 1: I just. She's taking the responsible adult.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: I want to wheel up the guillotine. Somebody asked me what should happen to Steve Bannon. I'm like, he needs a choice of a blindfold, a cigarette, and last words. I mean, I'm done.
Speaker 4: My hoodie, also my pants match too.
Speaker 2: It's like a waffle weave. It's that Haven.
Speaker 3: They sell it at Talbot's, but they have their own. It's like a muted pink dusty rose color. I got it from Clarence.
Speaker 2: Like, Last year, was it?
Speaker 3: Or earlier this year. And I love it because it's super snuggly and nice.
Speaker 2: And I'm just.
Speaker 1: Just like you.
Speaker 3: Sunday, I just want to be calm.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Leela Gray.
Speaker 4: Let's... What else are we going to talk about right now at this moment?
Speaker 1: Okay, we can take a brief break to show you my one aviation segment of the week.
Speaker 3: Oh! This one scared me.
Speaker 1: This is a flyover at a soccer game in South Africa.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yes, Rick has pants on.
Speaker 1: I do have pants on. Well, they're shorts, but I have pants. But I wasn't wearing pants earlier. It was a bet.
Speaker 3: It was a bet.
Speaker 2: Not lying.
Speaker 1: It's true. All right. This shit, as a pilot, drives me back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm not afraid of anything. Hold on.
Speaker 3: We're figuring out how to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to do it. Do we know?
Speaker 3: Did you hit.
Speaker 2: The play button?
Speaker 1: I'm going to find out.
Speaker 3: No, the one on the left at the bottom.
Speaker 1: No, that's not that.
Speaker 2: It's not?
Speaker 1: Okay. Never mind.
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: I'm breaking something here.
Speaker 3: We'll get to it in a second. Let's talk about it for a quick second. I'll talk about it while he's doing this. So in case you guys haven't seen it, I know I reposted it. There we go. Oh, he did find the one that I told him about of the person on the top of the dome. Two commercial planes. These are commercial flights. Went across this dome. Look how close. This is feet, y'all.
Speaker 1: 500 foot clearance is the minimum safe altitude over any obstacle. That's about 50. And that plane flew into fireworks going off.
Speaker 4: And if you look at this from all the angles, you will freak out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I was on that flight, I would have.
Speaker 1: You would have kicked my ass.
Speaker 3: I would have.
Speaker 2: I'm going to turn the air.
Speaker 1: All right. So, yeah, that's my one aviation segment of the week. Sorry. you know you're going to get one every week so i'm going to go back to i had a note here the darling graham thing somebody else asked about in the comments darling graham the drop off with darling graham from where she thought she would be um and what she got that's the only race that trump people have spent any money on this year They spent a few million dollars to support her.
Speaker 3: And he's already said he's not spending any money on her.
Speaker 1: In a small state that voted for Trump three times, I think it went for Trump by 23 points last time. And his endorsement barely got Darlene Graham over the line. It's insane. Anne-Marie, it does look like AI, but it sure isn't.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's real.
Speaker 3: And it's been filmed from all the different angles.
Speaker 1: And it's also on FlightAware. Hey, Jules, don't think that there might not be an aviation subset of my personal broadcasting at some point because we get the plane back this week. We hope. We get the plane back this week. We get the plane back this week. It's got new seatbelts.
Speaker 3: It's got new seatbelts.
Speaker 1: It's got new engine stuff. It's very good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We've moved into.
Speaker 3: The 70s and into the four-point harness.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Safer rather than just the.
Speaker 1: Just the old lap belt.
Speaker 3: Little lap belt. Not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Marine One is going to hit a plane someday because they're sloppy.
Speaker 3: Well, they're all.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Oh, let's... Can we.
Speaker 1: Talk about Florida for a minute? Oh, God.
Speaker 3: We have a lot of Florida.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people were asking the email about the whole Florida scandal this week. We have been beating on hope Florida for a year and a half.
Speaker 3: About it on threads all the time. It's been how many days we haven't heard nothing.
Speaker 1: So there was a grand jury that was in, that was it. That was for almost a year in 2025. Well, no. Yeah. Because the report was issued in January of this year.
Speaker 3: I know, but the grand jury actually started in like August, September of last year.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought it was earlier than that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Long story short, there was a grand jury investigation of the fact that Ron DeSantis, and I'm going to put up a slide and walk you through it. So Florida got $ 10 million from a company called Centene. They had ripped off Florida. They had stolen money from Florida. So they got convicted of it. They said, we'll settle for $ 10 million. For some, well, they $ 60 million, but 10 of it went to Hope Florida, which is a charity run by Casey DeSantis. Okay. It sat in their bank account for about a day. And then 5 million of it went to a PAC called Secure Florida's Future. And 5 million went to Save Our Society from Drugs.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now those both kept a little bit of a cut. Each one of them kept a cut. But then they went to a group called Keep Florida Clean, which was run by the chief of staff to the governor, who is now the attorney general, James Utmeyer. They spent $ 7 million on TV ads to kill a medical marijuana amendment. They spent some to the Florida Freedom Fund, which is another DeSantis-Utmeyer jam. And they sent $ 2 million of it to the Republican Party of Florida. This was as clear a goddamn Rico-style criminal conspiracy as you could get. They took money meant to be paid to the state of Florida to make up for health care money stolen from kids, gave it to Casey DeSantis. She flipped all that money into political action committees and the Republican Party of Florida. And Ron DeSantis, Casey DeSantis, the whole fucking gang of them, Not one of them would tell the truth. Not one of them would testify to the grand jury.
Speaker 3: None of them were even asked to testify to the grand jury.
Speaker 2: And Ashley Moody. Oh, oh, oh, yes!
Speaker 1: Now we get to the good part. The attorney general at the time who approved all of this was Ashley Moody. And people were wondering, why did Ashley Moody get named to the U.S. Senate when the seat opened up? Well, it's because when Marco took secretary of state, It's because that was her payoff from Ron DeSantis. So she got, she took that $ 10 million, clearly a crime. She was clearly aware of it. She approved it as AG. Utmeyer was the bag man, ran the money around to the different groups. Casey and Ron knew it because it was their charity. None of them would admit, no one would agree to testify on Who ordered the transfer from Centene to Hope, Florida? That just happened out of the blue somehow. And it's gotten to the point where these people are so fucking brazen. I'm going to play Pluttmeyer for you this week. They're so brazen now they think they've gotten away with it. I want to play this clip for you because it's ballsy.
Speaker 6: You know, I was working to defeat these amendments. You had Amendment 3 and Amendment 4 that were on the ballot. We believed as a state that we needed to fight back against this amendment. I worked in committees on the outside. Government officials certainly have a right, maybe even a duty, to protect the state against things like this. There's nothing that stops outside entities from working with other C4s and nonprofits to fight in an issue campaign. The rules, you know, you You can't use some of those funds for a candidate campaign. But we weren't out there promoting a candidate. We were fighting against a harmful ideology. And thanks be to God, we beat them both.
Speaker 1: They still care. They do not. They literally do not care. They think they've gotten away with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here's the other part of this. We were all asking, so many of us, like, where's the grand jury report? Where's the grand jury report? Get this.
Speaker 2: And this is all.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about facts.
Speaker 3: This is not speculation at this point. Right? The grand jury report should have come out in February of this year.
Speaker 2: It did not. In Chambers.
Speaker 3: People named in the suit.
Speaker 1: Squashed it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Over and over again, apparently.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And we should have known about this before primary season. We'll just talk about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: Funny how that happens. So they deliberately squashed it all. They deliberately came out, all of them, and said, there's nothing, there's no there there. There's no there there. It was just people saying we did a lot of wrong stuff. It was people like lying. It was people this.
Speaker 1: They call it a hoax, because that's what they always say.
Speaker 2: It's a hoax.
Speaker 3: That's what they're calling it, it's a hoax. They went on and on about how it was no there, there, and it was all a lie. This whole report was all a lie, blah, blah, blah. And when it popped up the other night, and when I got the pop-up, CBS News Miami.
Speaker 1: Jim DeFede.
Speaker 2: Chef's kiss, baby.
Speaker 1: Jim DeFede, baby.
Speaker 2: Our Miami people just.
Speaker 4: They're doing the Lord's work.
Speaker 1: Jim DeFede is one of the best reporters in the state. And some reporters who shall remain nameless, including some very influential reporters in the state who shall remain nameless, they just can't find a way to, they just somehow can't cover the story. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: The next morning, I get the politics emails that lists all of the things that are going on and clips from all of the news organizations over the state. From everywhere, not just whatever. And not a mention, not a word, not a squeak, nothing. And I was sitting there like, oh, Lord.
Speaker 1: She knew what I was going to do, too.
Speaker 2: Oh, I ran in there.
Speaker 4: When the thing broke, I ran in there.
Speaker 3: Rick was in his study.
Speaker 2: I said, look at this.
Speaker 1: They hid it. It was wrong.
Speaker 2: It's a 19-page jury.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: But we have.
Speaker 4: OK, so it's all bad.
Speaker 3: We know it's bad. They lied. All of these things.
Speaker 4: The only I'm going to I'm going to be a positive kitty.
Speaker 3: The only positive thing that came out of it was. And you've got to look at it this way. There were no indictments yet. And the reason why I say it's positive that there were no indictments is because there were no indictments. Guess what? we can have a full circle moment and do it all again.
Speaker 1: And I will say this, I want to, and we're going to, we're going to, we're going to bridge to a Florida and a national challenge ahead, but I'll play this from David Jolly real quick for you so that you can be our attorney general.
Speaker 7: One was the attorney general of the state of Florida whose office had to sign off on this later appointed to the United States Senate, fully insulating the governor and the first lady's charity. I just think where you smell corruption, you pursue it. I don't trust our sitting attorney general to do that. Clearly, he's a subject of this investigation. I think the office of the governor should reopen a fact-finding investigation into exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: So that is what accountability sounds like. Properly delivered. Not over-the-top partisanship. That should scare these bastards more than, I'm going to put you all in jail tomorrow. Because that's the kind of shit they say. Revisiting it is possible, Cynthia. Here's the funny thing. Over the course of a long time, since the Constitutional Revision Commission in 1998, Florida's governor has received significantly more power than they initially had under the Constitution before that. We used to have a strong cabinet position in the state. where the governor is basically equal to every other member of the cap. Now the governor is much stronger because Republicans wanted to have more power. And you know, who was on that staff for the cost of provision.
Speaker 3: But you know what's funny thing, a knife cuts both ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 1: And so David's going to have, David's going to have some opportunities here to, you know, and look, I think his chance of becoming governor is better by the day.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: He's going to have a chance and a challenge to, And Florida, the reason it's going to be a true challenge is that Florida has been under Republican control for 35 years. And I will tell you all, honestly, I was one of the engineers of that takeover. So I understand it better than most people. But David's going to have a challenge. And it's a good challenge to have because it's going to show that for Democrats and independents and sensible people. who aren't really partisan, aren't really political, that the things that have been hurting them in Florida for so long are going to be addressed and faced up to, and that accountability is real. That challenge that was, you were talking about this earlier.
Speaker 3: We had a full conversation about this, and this also leads into another discussion that we'll have in a moment, but we as a state are going to have to also.
Speaker 4: Have a thought when, hopefully, honestly, when David wins.
Speaker 3: Because we are going to be one of the first states in the nation who has been under Republican control for so long, decades and decades, that is going to flip back to blue. And we are going to be put on a platform and a pedestal Of every single thing. Every single thing. Every action that is taken. Every decision that is made. The scrutiny.
Speaker 4: It's going to be something, y'all.
Speaker 1: And the counterattack is going to be. It's going to be ugly. Insane.
Speaker 3: It's going to be ugly.
Speaker 2: And we need to.
Speaker 4: Keep in mind that we do, as citizens, need to.
Speaker 3: Keep our government accountable.
Speaker 2: It's our job.
Speaker 3: We have barely any media in this town anymore.
Speaker 4: There used to be so much of a media presence.
Speaker 1: So when I got here in 94, there were 65 full-time reporters who lived in this town for... You know, the Fort Lauderdale Sunset had three reporters here, and the Miami Herald had a dozen, and the Tampa Tribune had eight or nine, and St. Pete Times had nine or ten. They're gone.
Speaker 3: But as it's moved right and right and right and right.
Speaker 1: We live in Tallahassee, Florida.
Speaker 3: We live in Tallahassee. As it's moved right and right and right and right, the accountability, the scrutiny.
Speaker 2: all.
Speaker 3: Of that had disappeared. And some of it, I would assume, because there's so much pay to play in the state, some of the media outlets, you know who I'm talking about. But there's so much of that here that moving forward, you know, before you could talk to them, because there was always media down at the Capitol. There was Always media.
Speaker 1: Ten years ago. Ten years ago.
Speaker 3: You go out on a Friday night and you can see everybody. But now that Florida is worse than Chicago. And now that, you know, it's right. There's a cone of silence around everything. Nobody talks. You know, the money is exchanged under the table. Nobody sees it. And there's nothing to report on anymore because it's all.
Speaker 2: It's a.
Speaker 1: Pain in the butt.
Speaker 2: Pay to play.
Speaker 1: And you know what?
Speaker 3: Everybody's in on the Joe.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing too. In Florida, you've had right wing billionaires and multimillionaires investing in media platforms and podcasts and blogs and independent news, social media. And they, they run them in a way that looks local. It's like, um, you go to Tampa and there's something like, I don't know what the, what the one in Tampa, it'll be called like the Tampa news banner. And it sounds sort of like, you know, okay. And the problem is it's all owned by one of these weird right-wing billionaires. And they're, and they're like, I'm going to help this guy and that guy. And this guy, the Florida system is, is, is so corrupt. And it's now got a backstop of a lot of these, especially on the right, these very corrupt outlets that, You know, if you look at, have you ever seen Florida Voice?
Speaker 4: Oh, it is not the voice of Florida.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, it is not. It is like.
Speaker 2: It is a propaganda machine.
Speaker 1: It is like, the godlike entity Ron DeSantis today blessed us with his wisdom and presence and his beautiful wife, Casey, the galactic wonder of her beauty. Oh, for fuck's sake, people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that Florida Voice nonsense.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is wackadoodle.
Speaker 4: And you're like, you're like, Florida Voice.
Speaker 3: And once again, they look like legitimate media outlets.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: And they're propped up like that. And then you open it up and you're like, what? Vaccination is bad.
Speaker 1: Oh, and Patrick, they do pump out shit with AI. Oh, they do. All the time.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Well... We.
Speaker 3: And this is a segue for... Anyway.
Speaker 4: So the nation is watching. David's also got a challenge.
Speaker 2: He's... Florida.
Speaker 3: A former Republican.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So that's another strike in some people's views. But here's the system. And we have got to talk about this. And, you know, as we all preach, you know, everybody can have their favorites during the primary.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I get it. We all back different people for different reasons. Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Name calling now aside and all that nonsense. We'll get to that in a minute too. But now that we have a front runner, we have a person. We all have to get behind that person. Y'all, we are, we're not going to do the, they're not.
Speaker 1: The best is not the enemy of the good.
Speaker 3: And we're not going to play that game. We all need to, and if you need to hold your nose and vote, hold your nose and vote. I will come with you and pinch. Because here's the thing. We will not change anything if we don't all show up strong and unified. That's it.
Speaker 2: Yep. That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: That person may be not your favorite person. Maybe they don't look a certain way or act a certain way or have a certain presence or may not be whatever you think a politician in your mind should look like, act like, do like, work like, whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: You need to meet that person where they are. Understand that their heart is in the right place. Their foundation is strong. And we all need to get on the same page. We will preach this till election day. Don't say, I'm not going to vote because my person didn't.
Speaker 2: No, no, no. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen. The example we're all walking around here is there are still some people that are like, I don't like Angie Nixon because she's a blah, blah, blah, blah.
Speaker 3: She's a whatever.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys.
Speaker 3: Fill in the blank.
Speaker 1: If you're not comfortable with how far to the left Angie Nixon is, Alex Vindman has come out the day of the election and said, I'm going to fully support her. I'm financially supporting.
Speaker 3: He's financially supporting everybody.
Speaker 1: And so that's the right thing to do here. I don't have to agree with Angie Nixon on every single policy issue, and I sure as fuck don't. But you know what? Ashley Moody is a corrupt sycophant of Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yep. She's a corrupt human.
Speaker 1: And that is utterly disqualifying.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's true. She stole $ 10 million from Florida children to give to Ron DeSantis' goddamn super PAC scam. I'm sorry. I don't care. Level in. Get to work. That's it. Florida is a high mountain decline.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: And the more everybody's doing well... There is a synthesis of these different factors. Angie Nixon turns out progressives and African-American voters, and she proved it in the primary. David Jolly turns out centrists and independents. And 18% of Republicans are voting for David Jolly. Everybody moving in the same direction. Everybody pushing in the same valence. We can have a gigantic election day.
Speaker 2: We could.
Speaker 1: And believe me, guys, since Brene brought this up about how Florida's going to have to.
Speaker 3: Leave the country, We're going to have to leave the country.
Speaker 1: Because this is how my brain works.
Speaker 4: We need a hard reset.
Speaker 1: You're right. I have been making a list of things that have to happen. And they will be painful. And they will be shitty. And they will make people very angry. But this is a state that is so corrupt. Guys, I have been in the room. When a now departed state senator left. He's dead. I can say that. I'm not going to go too far into it.
Speaker 3: Don't go too far into it.
Speaker 1: Literally held out a greasy bag of money and asked me to take it on behalf of him.
Speaker 3: This is a very long time ago.
Speaker 1: Long time ago. Statute of limitations has passed. And I had just come from Washington and the White House and the Pentagon where I thought, this has to be a fucking FBI sting. It has to be. So I folded my arms. I was like, no, thank you, sir. I can't take that. And I'm sure he thought I was some sort of naive rude. But this state is so fucking crooked. And I can't even express to you, you would be stunned how fucking disgustingly corrupt it is. You would be stunned at the guys who fly legislators down to the Dominican Republic for whores at their whore compound. You know who I am. You know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: And there was a lot of... I just go back to we all need.
Speaker 2: You guys. I know.
Speaker 3: It's hard sometimes to get behind a different candidate who you, for whatever reason, don't like.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Alice Bidman was a friend of mine. Yeah. They're friends of ours. And a good man.
Speaker 4: He's a good man. And here's the thing.
Speaker 3: He's doing the right thing. He is showing support, showing unified.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 6: And....
Speaker 2: Yes, that is true.
Speaker 1: Drew on paper just mentioned Jasmine Kroc has been a disappointment in not actively campaigning for Tallarico.
Speaker 3: I find that.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: You know what? She's better than that. She should be smarter than that. If anybody's advising her to not campaign for Tallarico, that's a mistake on their part.
Speaker 3: And this is the year that you can... It's going to sound weird when I say it, but I'm going to say it anyway.
Speaker 4: This is one of those years... that.
Speaker 3: Everybody has even put in the chat, vote blue no matter who. And this is one of those years that you can vote blue no matter who, and nobody is going to think unkindly of you.
Speaker 2: And I wish.
Speaker 3: Jasmine would come out for Talrico because it's a free year to vote. Straight down blue lot. It is a free year because nobody's going to say anything because we all know we need change.
Speaker 4: And the only way to do it is to vote bloat and moving on.
Speaker 3: I kind of love your passion.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 3: But it's true. It's a freebie. Like, nobody's going to split hairs after the election.
Speaker 1: Why'd you vote for JJR for AG?
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: Everybody needs to vote. We got a lot to vote.
Speaker 3: It's blue and vote blue.
Speaker 2: Moving on.
Speaker 3: We all need to come together.
Speaker 1: All right. Moving on to Byron Donalds in Florida, just because I know this is not supposed to be a Florida show, but we... Byron Donalds, his name for his attorney, or his running mate, his lieutenant governor, a guy named Avila from Miami. As a Republican friend of mine said, oh, fuck, we've got a DEI ticket now. Avila is a Cuban. He's 5'2. He is pro-gun control.
Speaker 4: Bro, gun control, y'all.
Speaker 2: He voted for all the.
Speaker 1: Parkland stuff in Florida. This is not about gun control, qua gun control. This is about Florida, where more Democrats own guns than you would think. Where 38.5% of the people with a concealed carry permit in Florida are Democratic voters. So he picked a guy who also was the sponsor of the bill to give tax breaks and and legal liability coverage to the data centers. I'm like, why don't you nominate Dr. Atheist Von Gay, the celebrity abortionist for the Republican Party? That's great, Donald.
Speaker 3: So we are still in shock of that pick. Thank you for the gift. It wasn't even Christmas. It is the worst pick because really he's not very good. I watched him all like, oh, that's not good. I would have thought he would have picked somebody from North Florida because he already got the South Florida situation locked up. That's not a problem. Republicans in South Florida, not a problem, kids. They just, whatever. But North Florida, if you look at what happened in those counties, he did not win those counties.
Speaker 1: 17 counties did not vote for Byron Donalds in North Florida. They voted for Collins, Renner, or Fishback.
Speaker 3: So he should have picked Someone.
Speaker 1: North of I-4.
Speaker 3: North of I-4. Even Pasco would have been fine.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: Because Imperial Pasco County. But had he picked somebody either center of the state or somewhere, Eglin, Pensacola, somewhere over Panama City way, it would have helped unite the bottom of the state with the top of the state and help strengthen his access.
Speaker 4: But he did not.
Speaker 1: He chose unwisely.
Speaker 2: He chose very unwisely.
Speaker 1: Byron has also said something in Florida that if you want to set off the Wilson family, that motherfucker is out talking about, well, we need to really let parents decide if their kids are going to get the polio vaccine. And Dr. Latipo is doing such a good job. We might keep him.
Speaker 4: He wants to keep Latipo, y'all.
Speaker 1: If you don't know who Joseph Latipo is, he is the State Attorney General of Florida. He's a rampant... What's an attorney general? A Surgeon General. Surgeon General of Florida. He is paid like a million dollars a year through a flim flam.
Speaker 3: He lives in St.
Speaker 1: Pete. Yep.
Speaker 2: He has a.
Speaker 3: Faculty appointment at University of Florida. In addition to... Which he's never.
Speaker 1: Which makes $ 400 a year or something like that.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he has medical hospital privileges there or not.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: But, yeah, it's a thought. He's never taught a class up there. I think he's only been to the campus once or twice, I think, to sign his paperwork. He's also supposed to be the Surgeon General.
Speaker 2: Running the Department of Health.
Speaker 1: Doesn't live in Tallahassee.
Speaker 3: Doesn't live here.
Speaker 4: Doesn't come here, nothing.
Speaker 3: He only shows up when DeSantis calls him to do some sort of PR stunt in the middle of the state. So he's making a salary at....
Speaker 1: Surgeon General. Surgeon General.
Speaker 3: He's also making a full salary at Department of Health as the Surgeon General.
Speaker 1: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 3: And faculty at UF. So let's have that discussion. And here's the other part of all of this too.
Speaker 1: The UF board, Patrick, is very much in DeSantis' pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, 100%.
Speaker 4: If you haven't been following, y'all, we don't have time.
Speaker 1: That's a whole show in itself.
Speaker 3: We don't have time to talk about the situation for the presidential searches over the years at UF.
Speaker 4: We're not going to talk about Ben Sasse today.
Speaker 1: RIP. Well, he's not dead yet.
Speaker 4: He's not dead yet.
Speaker 3: We're not going to talk about that or any of the other things. Y'all do some homework and read. If y'all want to know the shenaniganery that's out there.
Speaker 1: But Donald's embracing the anti-vax position in Florida.
Speaker 3: And we're at like an 88% herd immunity in Florida.
Speaker 1: We're dropping fast. And at 85, shit gets bad. Also, leprosy is making a comeback in Florida. We have 26 leprosy cases right now. And I'm sure they're going to blame immigrants instead of armadillos.
Speaker 3: They're armadillos.
Speaker 2: Yes, Rufo is still- Rufo is still.
Speaker 3: Here's one other thing.
Speaker 2: So it didn't come out.
Speaker 1: Speaking of corruption.
Speaker 3: Speaking of corruption, Corcoran, who is the president of New College, who has run New College in the ground. Yes, it is leprosy. He has paid a million dollars for PR contract for the university, even though they have a full PR staff.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if those people are PR, but I'm not seeing anything for new college. Anyway, he has paid. It was like 400,000 for one 400,000 for the other. And it was the former chief of staff, this, and it was former this of that, whatever. And they're, they're just sweetheart deals kind of thing. And also once again, I'm in the state system. So I know what the procurement process is. These are no big contracts and, Oh, they're hard to get through, but let's have that moment. Um, but he is running a Griff school and running down a school. That is a preeminent school was in the country that has produced more, um, You name what kind of scholar.
Speaker 5: Out of there.
Speaker 3: And amazing, amazing, amazing faculty was amazing because many of them have left amazing school. He's bringing like baseball team or some nonsense to that.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to tell you what all he did.
Speaker 3: Killing that school. But, yeah, he does need PR because he did kill the school.
Speaker 1: And he is one of the singularly corrupt people in the Florida system. While he was in the legislature, his brother was a lobbyist. The depth of the corruption of the Corcoran enterprise is Trumpian in its extremity.
Speaker 3: I did meet with him personally when I worked for. Don't. a different entity for the state about teaching and testing and those kinds of things.
Speaker 4: So I got some firsthand knowledge.
Speaker 1: So let's jump on. If you're also wondering about the presidential primary in 2028, don't. But we have a new runner, Peter Hexen. The Secretary.
Speaker 3: Of War, baby.
Speaker 1: It needs like a hard guitar riff. That motherfucker went to Iowa.
Speaker 3: I cannot even.
Speaker 1: To campaign.
Speaker 3: All these people that are campaigning should be campaigning. It's a problem.
Speaker 1: And now his people are floating today in the Washington Post that he's going to run for president. Please, dear God, run for president. Please, Pete. I want you to run for president because you know what? The families, the military families that you fucked over are going to be there in those rooms when you're speaking. The military families who have been injured and killed and who are being denied benefits because, oh, they were in a ceasefire the day they got shot down by an Iraqi or Iranian missile. Oh, it's just an accident.
Speaker 4: We're not really at war, so. You die, your loved ones don't get benefits.
Speaker 1: He will place 11th out of a field of 10 in Iowa. He's going to get beat down so hard. I could not love it better. I could not love it anymore if I tried. And yes, he is actively engaged in putting American lives in danger, not just because of this war, But because of the warfighter bullshit, like, we can kill anybody however we want. Fuck them. We'll just rape them too. Why not? That's the warrior bullshit that does not make you a warfighter. That makes you a war criminal. The warfighters I have known, and I have known a lot of guys from the operator community and a lot of people who are professionals at this, at every level, from four stars on down, and the best of them are smart. and thoughtful, and educated, and well-read, and restrained, and mentally disciplined. Mr. fucking testosterone ain't it. Pete Hex said, like, I got more and more testosterone. Let me follow your balls and see if they're big enough. That shit, it's been terrible for this country. It is a losing proposition. There's a piece today in the Washington Post about what's called the Commander's Order book. And this is a, I walked Renee through the whole history. I'm going to spare you the whole history, but they routinely ask the combatant commanders, South Com, Cent Com, North Com, PAC Com, and the service chiefs, are we ready to fight X or Y war? Can we do X or Y operation? Are we prepared to face X or Y scenario? And right now they're all saying we do not concur. Pete Hex's position is we can fight anything we have to do. Everything's great. We've got plenty of weapons. People are happy. None of it's happy. We don't have plenty of weapons. We've burned through them. And this do not concur thing, that is a very quiet, subtle way of walking up to somebody and punching them in the fucking face over and over again and saying, I do not concur with you. This is This guy is so dangerous and so unbelievably indisciplined that the idea that he would run for president as the heir to MAGA and get his ass kicked could not appeal to me more. And I will take a special fucking interest in Pete Hegseth if he does run for president.
Speaker 3: And I don't even know how to segue to it. with everything else that's going on and ice and you know, it's kids are going back to school right now and parents are going back to school and parents are sending their children away to college. And, um, I am, my heart breaks for what's happening in Connecticut right now. It's happening everywhere. Y'all don't think it's one state. Please don't. ICE is waiting for these little people, little people, we're talking littles, like kindergarten, first grade, second grade, for these littles to get on the school bus. And when those doors shut and those buses pull away, they're going to those homes and ripping out the parents. And those littles are getting off the bus, not knowing where their family is.
Speaker 4: The door's locked. They don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: And I am concerned also because I watch the ed stuff and the ed numbers around the state of Florida are not looking good. So we have first aid counts for those of you guys who don't know what happens in education. They do counts in K-12. first day, and then there's different counts going through the year so that they can look at staffing, moving classrooms around, you know, teaching levels and all these different things. And the counts, the first day counts from last year to this year, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, MDCPS, 19,000 less students this year. Broward also took a dive. I think it was about eight, but it's like that all over the state. The counts are going down, but the counts are going down, especially where we have populations, um, people that have come to this country. And that's why I'm like, don't think it's not happening in your state. Don't think it's not happening in your county. or your city, it may not just be as broad and- Visible. Very visible. But y'all check in with your friends, you check in with your families, check in with the people in your neighborhood so that there's a lot of people worried. There's people holding their kids back. There's people not going to school.
Speaker 2: There's people not going.
Speaker 3: To work, y'all. check on your neighbors and friends. Cause I'll tell you what, it's a constitutional care state.
Speaker 1: It is a cop.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: You can carry, you can carry openly or concealed in the state of Florida.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I'd be more than happy to walk somebody to the bus, but I just, I, I'm worried about.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: If kids are worried when they go to school, I mean, first of all, we're not feeding children and they're cut. away all the benefits for schools. If kids can't even get a hot meal at school and they're worried about their parents being snatched up, our learning rates are not going to be looking.
Speaker 1: Good, y'all. Yeah, we've already killed higher education in Florida. We might as well go in and burn it all down. I will say this also. This week in Florida, the administration gleefully canceled all TPS for all Haitians in Florida. Now, there are only about 110,000 Haitians on TPS in Florida, but there are a million and a half Haitians in Florida.
Speaker 2: We took a.
Speaker 4: Lot of Haitians in when stuff happened in Haiti.
Speaker 1: Yep. Who are citizens now.
Speaker 3: They are citizens now. They came to this country. Most of them came to Orlando area is when they came.
Speaker 1: Like some of them.
Speaker 3: Seminole County, a lot of them came in and our numbers exploded in population. Esau people were having a fit because all of a sudden the numbers went through the roof. But we opened our arms to another place that was having a horrible time. And they evacuated all those people from Haiti. Florida took them in. And now we're just saying... Goodbye since that. Get out.
Speaker 1: And DHS put out a laughing post about it.
Speaker 3: And here's the other thing. One other thing about our Haitian population that we have to talk about seriously. The state of Florida. We have a lot of advanced people.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to call them old people.
Speaker 1: They're old.
Speaker 4: But they're advanced in the ages.
Speaker 3: And we need, we have in this state a lot of home health care aides. We have a lot of nursing homes, assisted living facilities. We have all of those communities here.
Speaker 2: They're big.
Speaker 3: And when you move those communities, God love those patients because I'm telling you what, they do an incredible job taking care of our aging population in nursing homes, in home health care, all of that. And those old people trust those people. They come in every day. They feed them, change bed linens, change all the surgical things that they need done. Catholic, whatnot, you name it. Those people have been a godsend to families, to the communities, to so many different groups of people. And to think that they're kicking out the Haitian community after they have done, honest to God, the Lord's work.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if you think, oh, well, then other people will take those jobs. I have news for you. Anglos will not do those jobs. It's like in Florida. Anglos will not pick citrus. Nope. And believe me, we know this was something in our family where we're playing by the rules.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Where they used to pay 10 bucks or 12 bucks an hour. They're advertising for Anglos to do the same job for $ 22 an hour. And they won't get, and they don't get a single person. And if you think home healthcare is some easy gig, that a million Floridians are going to jump into, I have news for you. Nope. Okay. Yeah. And the Haitians did, a lot of Haitians voted for Trump in 24. And while I do not want to say have the day you voted for, they're having the day they voted for. Yeah. So. How's the sound now?
Speaker 3: Sorry, folks.
Speaker 1: Renee was saying those people are boots on the ground. They're caring for people. And if you don't want Haitians in the country and you want to deport all of them, show me how you fill the hole in the economy first. California's entire... We still have no sound, folks? Check on there. Turn your volume up.
Speaker 3: Hang on.
Speaker 1: One, two, one, two. Yeah, we got it. We're back. We're back. We're back. So yeah, we're good. Okay. But yeah, I mean, these people for the amusement of Stephen Miller sadism, we're going to round up. And by the way, patient TPS is not the end of it. Cuban TPS is next. And that's going to cause a blow up in South Florida. bigger than the Haitian blow up. Okay. It is going to cause a, a Dade County meltdown. Okay. So it is, it's fascinating to me. It's one more thing that Trump is doing without thinking about it. That's hurting his own chances of having people that are friendly to him.
Speaker 3: And it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Cause we've talked about.
Speaker 1: Real quick.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing.
Speaker 3: The Haitians, the immigrant community, it's all fun and games until those peoples aren't getting their lawns cut.
Speaker 1: That's the most superficial thing.
Speaker 2: It is so superficial.
Speaker 3: But when there's no groundskeepers for his golf course, I'm sure he'll get special exception to do whatever. But our communities in health care, hospitality and construction. But you look at Orlando and you think who's changing the sheets and who's cleaning the bathrooms and all those hotels over there, the million hotels in Orlando.
Speaker 1: You're going to hear a lot more about these things because there are about 400,000 people they want to deport by the end of the year in Florida. Like I said, it starts with the Haitians, moves to the Venezuelans, moves to the Cubans.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: We're going to move on now. We're going to move on.
Speaker 4: Because I can't.
Speaker 1: So we had some cat news. We have some cat-related news.
Speaker 4: We have some cats.
Speaker 1: Where is that cat?
Speaker 3: It's over there. Go get it. So our, my angel.
Speaker 1: This is Zurich. He is, he had some surgery last week, and he is a different cat. They did, I think they, like, did a personality transplant on him at the same time, because this is not the stoic, isolated cat that would sit upstairs looking down the balcony and judging everything else around him. He's suddenly gotten very cuddly. And, oh, here's Zerk.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello, Zerk. How handsome you are.
Speaker 3: He's still, he doesn't like the spotlight, though. He's still like.
Speaker 1: A loony cat.
Speaker 2: Hang on, buddy, wait.
Speaker 3: Let me show you. He still got his little gang sign.
Speaker 1: He had dental work. Yep. We can repair it if we have the technology.
Speaker 3: He had four teeth out. He had three molars in his front canine out. But as you can see, he's even letting me hold him, which is, this is a wild thing. He was a rescue and He was always sort of a loomer, like a lurker. He really just liked to look at the birdies outside, and we always let him just do that.
Speaker 1: But suddenly?
Speaker 3: But suddenly he is. He was romping and playing with Alton today, and it made my heart good.
Speaker 1: And he's much more affectionate. I mean, whatever the pain got rid of him, or whatever the pain that was gotten rid of has made him a much more happy cat. So we've got good cat news.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 4: He's doing well.
Speaker 3: He goes back for his checkup tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yep. All right. So Florida's trying to kill you?
Speaker 3: Oh, we got another Florida's trying to kill you. Somebody did try to kill Rick.
Speaker 1: Those are my two water moccasins from this week.
Speaker 2: Those are big.
Speaker 1: That is a Birkenstock for context. I was putting some lights out by one of the trees, and that big boy right there went, And I would love to tell you I did a graceful backward roll. No, I fell over backwards like a fucking idiot, busted my ass, scrambled up, and then we went inside.
Speaker 4: But I have to say this.
Speaker 3: I was not here. And I will tell you this. Having water moccasins in the front yard is weird. Like normally they're in the backyard. They're normally water moccasins or by water. They'd be back by the pond.
Speaker 1: And we haven't seen any this year.
Speaker 4: And we haven't seen any this year.
Speaker 3: And to have two that are big boys in the front yard, terrible.
Speaker 1: Everything in Florida is trying to kill you or fuck you. Patrick, true or worse, have never been spoken.
Speaker 2: It is the truth.
Speaker 1: He took a bite at me. He popped at me. And then Rick popped. Then I went back in the house and I.
Speaker 4: Got something and he pop-popped back.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I did use a suppressor. It was courtesy to the neighbors. I don't want them to hear big bang influences.
Speaker 4: We're in the county, not in the city.
Speaker 1: We're allowed to shoot things.
Speaker 2: We're allowed to shoot things.
Speaker 3: So in other news too, Dolly Parton passed away this week.
Speaker 1: RIP Dolly.
Speaker 3: We have to think about that. What an icon she was. I posted a ton.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 3: She did so much for the country and the world that is completely understated. Like she didn't promote any of that stuff, but she helped kids graduate high school by challenging them. Pick a buddy. You guys both graduate. You're going to get some cash. Gave them checks. People posted on my timeline. I had a brother or a cousin or whatever, and he still has the picture of him graduating because of Dolly Parton. She did so much. And she is the only thing, as people are saying, that really unifies this country. That everybody is sad.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: See? Yeah, I mean, he... I.
Speaker 3: Tried to do it for a friend, and it was out of service area.
Speaker 4: There's only places, certain services. Oh, yeah, I'm going to get on to this.
Speaker 3: Broken all is broken. And we just all have to take a minute and thank Dolly and WWDD.
Speaker 4: What would Dolly do?
Speaker 3: And we all need.
Speaker 2: To remember that.
Speaker 1: To....
Speaker 2: Be positive, man.
Speaker 3: She was a force and her laugh was.
Speaker 2: The best thing ever. It made you smile.
Speaker 1: She didn't care about her celebrity in the way that a lot of celebrities care about celebrities. She cared about it and how it empowered other people. And that really was a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: And she did so, so much good. I'm not even going to talk about that picture, that fake picture, because I'm not even given, like, in the same sentence. It doesn't even deserve to be there with her.
Speaker 1: I saw that thing about the guy in West Virginia talking shit about Dolly.
Speaker 3: Oh, that, let me just tell you.
Speaker 1: That ad writes itself.
Speaker 3: That's not going to end the way he thinks it is. She should be saying it. I think maybe she was a saint on earth.
Speaker 4: And that's what I said.
Speaker 3: Like, in my post, you know, we lost an angel, an earth angel.
Speaker 4: She was an angel on this planet.
Speaker 3: And we lost her. And we all need to think about being kind and what can you do. And it's not about, it's do it. I do stuff for people. Rick does stuff. You don't do it for the clicks. You do it because it's the right thing to do. And if you guys can, do something.
Speaker 1: Do something. Just follow that rule.
Speaker 2: Follow that example.
Speaker 1: Just think about something.
Speaker 2: You can do.
Speaker 4: It doesn't have to be money.
Speaker 3: I always talk about that. It's not about money. It's about thoughtfulness.
Speaker 2: Be kind.
Speaker 3: Be considerate. Think about something you can do.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to put out this check.
Speaker 3: Think about something you can do for someone or something that will make your heart feel good. Don't tell anybody about it, y'all.
Speaker 2: Just do it.
Speaker 3: It'll make you right here. Just right here. It will make you feel good and you can hold on to that good feeling. And it's worth it, especially on the bad days, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just think about something y'all can do for someone else. We also lost... Tim Curry.
Speaker 1: Amazing voice. Amazing entertainer.
Speaker 2: I miss him.
Speaker 4: From so many different things.
Speaker 3: From Three Musketeers. He was a cardinal.
Speaker 1: Cardinal Richelieu.
Speaker 4: You know, we all talk about let's do the time warp again.
Speaker 2: Frank Inverter.
Speaker 3: But he was also in the movie Kill Him With a Candlestick and the Clue. He was the butler in Clue. He played such iconic characters.
Speaker 1: Pennywise.
Speaker 3: He was Pennywise. And people are doing tributes, even though it's Halloween.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: People are doing Pennywise things in some of his towns where they're putting the red balloon in the storm drains for him. We need to think about what a person, an amazing, amazing human being he was, too. And it was only a couple of weeks ago where they did. It was either it was either CBS Sunday morning or it was 60 minutes or it was one of the shows where they profiled Tim Curry because he had a horrible stroke a decade ago. He couldn't speak, couldn't walk. And he was getting back to speaking and. getting it back together and, and we lost another great soul. Um, and the last one I'll talk about real quick is, um, for those of you who don't know, we lost Peter Cullen. It was, um, a little more quiet, um, than the other two, but Peter Cullen, um, most known for the voice of optimal optimist prime, um, He was amazing, but it wasn't just Optimus Prime, which we mourn for. One of my coworkers is the biggest Transformer fan you've ever met in your whole life. But he was also the voice of Eeyore. I'm so sad. He was the voice of Eeyore. He was also, for those of you in my generation, a Gen Xer who watched Knight Rider, he was the voice of Karr, K-A-R-R, which was.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: Karr was the arch nemesis of Kit.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: So just so you. He was also the voice of Venger from Dungeons and Dragons.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: He was also Murky Dismal from Rainbow Breath.
Speaker 2: So he was.
Speaker 3: His book of talent was just amazing. But we also.
Speaker 4: He was not Kit. He was Karr.
Speaker 3: K-A-R-R, which was the Karr against Kit. So... Amazing.
Speaker 1: See, that's the kind of TV knowledge I do not have.
Speaker 2: He was a.
Speaker 3: Force, but he was one of those voiceover guys that you go, oh, my Lord.
Speaker 4: He did what? And he was who?
Speaker 3: And it just went on and on and on. So we lost.
Speaker 1: Three good ones. Also. The King of Norway died. No one's saying, like, oh, about the King of Norway.
Speaker 2: But King Harald.
Speaker 1: Died in 89, and the response of the people of Norway telling stories about his ordinariness, about, you know, he was a guy who would go and greet fishermen on a fishing boat and talk to them and learn all about what they did and then act on it. He was in a highly democratic country where the monarchy is purely symbolic. He lived it It sounded like a real one. He did. And it just reminded me that when the orange menace goes, no one will mourn him in that kind of way.
Speaker 3: They're not going to mourn him. But as we said, somebody mentioned, I won't say where, we will have the largest public year in the nation.
Speaker 1: Yes, we will.
Speaker 3: But we lost some really amazing contributing people um, to your whole story of your life. Um, and that.
Speaker 1: Put wired into the culture.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That put, you know, sound to thoughts and feelings that we had, you know, nine to five. So I, I did post, they are going to rename, um, the airport. They're renaming.
Speaker 1: It's going to become Dolly part.
Speaker 3: Um, and we don't know what the call sign is, but don't say it.
Speaker 2: Um, um, we are going to.
Speaker 4: Um, think about that.
Speaker 3: They're also looking at, um, there's a nationwide sort of movement to, um, have, um, September 25th, nine to five as national holiday. Um, and that's, that's a big one that people are trying to move forward to.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that. So what else?
Speaker 3: We need to talk about, oh, we need to talk about, you want to talk about where we were on Friday?
Speaker 2: Why we didn't do the show.
Speaker 1: So we went over to Jacksonville for Winnie's second birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And to visit the grandson. So here we go. There's Winnie. She's opening up her cockpit, her airplane cockpit, because, of course, I have to make sure the aviation obsession is spread through the family quickly and effectively. There we are. Hold on. Let me turn the banner off. There we are with Indy. He's got blue eyes and red hair, and he is so stinking cute. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: He's a funny little monkey.
Speaker 1: He is a funny monkey.
Speaker 4: He's just a monkey.
Speaker 1: He's smiling. Nora got Winnie a Fiat 500. It's hilarious. It plays music. If you hit the horn, it plays music. She was.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have an engine or anything.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't. Right. It doesn't have an engine.
Speaker 2: It's got a stick.
Speaker 3: You can't see it. It's behind Winnie that they can push her because they walk her to school. And so they can push her.
Speaker 2: But the floor also comes out.
Speaker 3: When she gets a little bit bigger. And she can have a Fred Flintstone cushion.
Speaker 1: She loved that thing like crazy.
Speaker 3: It's great. And it's got a seatbelt. Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does have a seatbelt. And the doors lock weirdly.
Speaker 2: The doors lock.
Speaker 3: You have to push in the handle to open the door. So the doors lock.
Speaker 1: There she is investigating things. There are no pictures of it, but we also got a piano for them, which is going to be great. Because my daughter previously got them a drum set for her, and now we got them a piano. Next, for Christmas, DJ Kit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, DJ.
Speaker 1: There she is flying her little simulator.
Speaker 4: It does and it talks to you.
Speaker 1: It talks to you and you push the throttle up, it goes faster. Pull it back, it goes slower. She's wearing the headset already. I mean, I feel like we've already started to achieve our mission.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And as I jokingly said to my son, oh, you thought ponies were expensive. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's super cute.
Speaker 2: We had a great visit.
Speaker 1: We had a great time.
Speaker 3: Party um all the family was there it was so fun um and we enjoyed uh being invited and.
Speaker 1: Being um big big.
Speaker 4: Included in all the festivities.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was great we all.
Speaker 3: Sat around and saw everybody and vex parents were there yeah we uh we talk in sports and fsu too and all that yeah It was super fun.
Speaker 1: And then on Friday night, because this is how my life works.
Speaker 3: We stayed in a hotel downtown.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: That was the closest one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Their home is a historic home, a hundred and something years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Very, very petite.
Speaker 3: So we bunkered in downtown.
Speaker 1: Yep. So we walk in the hotel. We throw our bags in the room. We're like, let's go down to Morton's. We'll get a drink. We'll get a snack. Yeah. And it was getting, you know, eight o'clock or so. Yeah. We walked down there at Of course, there's David Jolly's security detail. He goes, oh, David's in the back. So we hung out with David for a while. It was very nice. We caught up. It was a nice scene. Talked some business. Talked about what's going on.
Speaker 3: Where he was and what he was doing.
Speaker 1: And he had been, this week, David has been in the Panhandle. He was in Pensacola. Had amazing crowds over there. Yep. He had.
Speaker 4: He was here Friday morning.
Speaker 1: Friday morning, he was in Tallahassee.
Speaker 4: He was at Early's Kitchen. If you've never been to Early's Kitchen.
Speaker 1: You've got to go to Early's Kitchen. Yeah. That is some soul food breakfast, y'all. And I mean it. It is.
Speaker 3: Pancakes the size of your head.
Speaker 1: Bacon. The best bacon you've ever eaten. I don't know where or how. The best bacon you've ever had in your life. So good. Anyway, he had a huge day here in Tallahassee for both events and fundraising. Came over to talk to FAM at HBCU.
Speaker 3: Convocation Day.
Speaker 1: Convocation Day.
Speaker 3: He was here.
Speaker 1: Went to Jacksonville. So we ran into him in Jacksonville. And we caught up with all the things he was up to this week. I will tell you one thing about campaigns that I know from doing it now for 40 fucking years. Hustle is gold. You can have all the money in the world. If you don't have hustle, you got nothing.
Speaker 3: Ads aren't the same thing as being present.
Speaker 1: And David, he is showing up everywhere to every damn community in this state. And that hustle, it counts forever. Byron Donalds was out in California doing Bill Maher this weekend. Smug, embarrassing, whatever. He doesn't get it. I will say the one thing about David. He's skinny, man. He looks thin. I know this happens on campaigns because I've had it happen to me.
Speaker 4: It either goes one way or the other.
Speaker 1: Either you get big or you get small.
Speaker 3: He looks.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get David a hamburger because he'll get thin.
Speaker 2: He needed a hamburger.
Speaker 1: But he's working his ass off. And interestingly enough, after they pushed out, because they had an early morning, we went to the bar and sat there for a little while. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course, the bartender recognized Rick. And then he was like, but I don't want to interrupt you.
Speaker 4: And he's like, but I have some questions. And I was like, let's talk.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's just have the conversation. Because I love to talk to people.
Speaker 3: Especially like people that you don't know and you don't know exactly what they're thinking or what they're feeling. And he, he had some very, very, very good questions.
Speaker 1: And then that of course, he sent his MAGA dad a picture of us and he said, his dad wrote back, why do you hate me?
Speaker 2: It was phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And then I had a lady sitting next to me and her husband. And we struck up a conversation and, And then there was a lady and her husband on the other side.
Speaker 2: And they started a conversation.
Speaker 3: And then we all had a conversation because my, and they were part of the Jacksonville community, which I love. And we asked them like what they did and who are you pulling for? And why are you pulling for that person? And how are you voting? And what, What are your issues? And I'll tell you what, y'all, there is more concern that unites us.
Speaker 1: Especially on the economy.
Speaker 3: Especially on the economy. And I'll tell you, she made some points about some things that were said to her in her community. She works hard. full time and all of that, but she also volunteers a lot in her community. And we, we had a thick conversation. I'm not kidding you. We had a, a conversation about, about race, honest to God. We were having a woman conversation about women in general and voting and And she was former military. She's out of the military now and she has a regular civilian job. But we had just a fascinating conversation about what everybody's feeling. We also talk sports and football and all that, too.
Speaker 1: Which is not my strong suit, but she covers.
Speaker 3: I cover all that. We talked about sports because we had between all of that. We talked about.
Speaker 1: They were there for the Jags.
Speaker 3: The Jags game. We talked about the Jaguars. The people next to him. I talked to the guy because he had a huge shirt on and she had a George Bulldog. George Bulldogs because I'm a big Ugga fan. That's the little Bulldog that I love.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: But we were talking sports. We were talking seminars. We were talking about HBCUs. We were talking about the state. We were talking about Jacksonville. We were talking about just really kind of everything.
Speaker 1: But interestingly enough, and I don't make a conversation in a bar about politics. If somebody knows me and they'll ask me questions, I'm happy to talk. But if you strike up a conversation with me in a bar, and you're not political, we will talk about whatever else it is.
Speaker 8: But everything about that, they were also super alert to the politics and how closely tied economics and politics are right now.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, this was a validation of the path of affordability as a key message. And That's why David and Angie are both hitting notes in Florida that people are really happy about.
Speaker 3: And we went back to the whole thing. It's going to take all of us. It's going to take Democrats and Democrats winning over MPA people, non-party affiliation.
Speaker 1: The largest political group in Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, MPA is huge. They are the swing. So we talked about, you know, what their concerns were. And we talked about, you know, it is. Blue, no matter what. It's like the thought of another Republican governor coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just nightmare.
Speaker 3: It is nightmare fuel. It truly is at this point. With everything that's going on, it's nightmare fuel.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rora the Dragon mentioned that Pete Hexup would be fragged if it was Vietnam. 100%.
Speaker 3: 100%.
Speaker 1: He's the Niedermeyer. Niedermeyer.
Speaker 2: Oh, my.
Speaker 1: God. There's a reference.
Speaker 2: I'm looking through.
Speaker 1: I couldn't see anything. Any more big questions for the day?
Speaker 3: Big, big questions. Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen, guys. Whatever's happening in Russia... Keep your eye on it. Something very bad is afoot right now. People are trying to pull every bit of money out of their banks right now. And the same thing happened in 1991, just before Yeltsin went.
Speaker 4: We need to talk about the plane landing in Russia.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So John Ratcliffe flew to Russia on a C-17. Now, I will tell you, from experience. Normally, when senior government officials want to make a quiet trip to a country like Russia, they come in on one of the many unmarked jets that is in possession of the 89th Military Airlift Wing or other government agencies or contractors, and they do it quietly. Radcliffe did this deliberately. This was a signal. They wanted it public.
Speaker 3: And it was funny because Rick said that in the morning. When he woke up, I was like, C-17 landed in Moscow.
Speaker 1: It was ours.
Speaker 2: What's up? And Rick was like, look, look, look, look.
Speaker 1: He's obviously going to beard the Russians in their den.
Speaker 4: And then it was publicly made available.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yes. I'm a man of service. I have a particular set of skills. But yeah, we're going to end up watching something. So Russia is saying they're going to have a meat wave of 300,000 troops charged across the border and take Kiev. Russia is going to kill 300,000 more boys. They're casually ready to 1.4 to 1.7 million. It's unsustainable. Russia is a dying country already. They don't have a sustainable birth rate. This is blowing a demographic hole in Russia. Like France and Britain had a demographic hole blown in them in World War I. And they didn't recover from that demographic hole for 60 years. Putin is on a clock. He cannot post a win. He's thinking about nukes. About 50,000 of them are North Korean. He's thinking about nukes. He's thinking about using a tactical nuclear weapon somewhere in Ukraine. My bet, as I wrote in the Friday Brief, would be that it would be over a logistics hub or a remote area just to try to scare the Ukrainians into... Just try to scare the Ukrainians into capitulation. It won't work. If you get to know the Ukrainians as I do, these motherfuckers will never surrender. You can burn Kiev to the ground and they will still crawl through the dirt, radiation burns and all to kill Russians. They will never fucking quit. Ever. I think Putin's clock is very short. And now that the British, God bless Andy Burnham doing the right thing, He's now given the Ukrainians the storm shadow missile system, not just given them units, but given them the blueprints, because the Ukrainians can build shit faster than anybody else in the world right now. They have the most advanced military research and development process in the world. By the way, I'd just like to also point out, this is the benefit of higher education. The Ukrainians produce some of those brilliant engineers, scientists, and mathematicians in the world, and all of them said when Russia invaded, well, we're just going to fight back then. We'll do what we do and think harder than they do.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: And I had a guy, I knew me from online stuff, a little bit from some pro-democracy stuff. He's a teacher in Kiev. And I was texting with him or signaling with him right as the invasion started. I'm like, what are you going to do? What are you going to do? He goes, I got my wife and daughters. They're my family's in Poland. I got them out on the last train out. And I said, what are you going to do? They'll kill you. And he said, I'm going to teach my students how to make IEDs. Yeah. And this is not a guy you think of like a Rambo. He's a fucking academic, right? Smart guy, nice guy. He's like, I'm going to teach my students how to make IEDs. Yeah. They will never quit. You cannot, you can kill every one of them and the last one will still crawl to Moscow to kill Putin. Slowly. Slava Ukraina. And by the way, there's a story you might be missing. The Russians have been, Russian military officers have been dying inside Russia. They're getting their cars blown up. They're getting a bullet through the back of the head. The Ukrainians obviously have some teams working inside Russia now, and they have the identities of who these people are that have been running the civilian bombing campaign. So it's a blessing.
Speaker 3: So I have a friend, too, who is Ukrainian. And they could not have these in their home for obvious reasons. They were concerned. So I was gifted these because they know I'm a freak about Chernobyl.
Speaker 1: Oh, God. Oh, God. Sheets are a walking encyclopedia of all things Chernobyl.
Speaker 3: Weird like that.
Speaker 4: And so I got one of these. I'll kind of bring it close so you can see it. If you remember the story. about this.
Speaker 3: And it's made out of wood.
Speaker 4: It's beautifully done. It's all handcrafted. It's so gorgeous. And it's all in Ukrainian.
Speaker 3: And then he also, he had never been, like, he had never been to Chernobyl. And I was like, you're from Ukraine.
Speaker 1: She's like, you have to go to Chernobyl for me.
Speaker 3: He's like, Renee, I'll go to Chernobyl for you. And I was like, will you?
Speaker 2: And he's like, yes, I will.
Speaker 4: So he brought me back these from Chernobyl.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly real how to spell it over there in Ukraine. And he brought me those back.
Speaker 1: By the way, I ran the Geiger counter over that. It's safe. We have a Geiger counter. She's got one at work. We have one at home and work.
Speaker 3: But I'm a huge Chernobyl fan and there's... There's been a bunch of papers published and stuff, but Russia did, and I haven't seen any updates, but in some of the Russian bombardments, they did crack the sarcophagus of Chernobyl, and.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen anything.
Speaker 4: Y'all, that was a global effort to.
Speaker 3: Cover that anyway for the sarcophagus installation and fabrication, and I haven't seen anything even recent about how the sarcophagus is doing. That is what covers Chernobyl to keep all the radiation.
Speaker 1: They built essentially something the size of like a stadium out of stainless steel.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course.
Speaker 2: I've watched the TV series.
Speaker 1: And Craig Mason is a friend of mine.
Speaker 2: I have the book.
Speaker 1: He's brilliant.
Speaker 3: The podcast, the book.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So if you watch the series on HBO... There is a book, and I will tell you this. Stay up at night. You will read about two or three pages, bawl your eyes out, shut it, and then try and come back to it. It will take you a long time to get through because it's brutal. But when my friend toured Chernobyl for me, there's two buses when you go into Chernobyl, Ukrainian and non-Ukrainian. If you are non-Ukrainian, you can get off the bus and stay in there. And there's a, a square basically. And you get to just look, turn around and look is basically, if you are Ukrainian, they say go. And Mike went into buildings. He, um, took pictures of things. Um, it was wild because the whole story about Chernobyl was, it was like a hot place to work. You made the money you, um, It was lavish, the apartments, the lifestyle, the shopping, everything at Chernobyl.
Speaker 2: And that- For Russia.
Speaker 1: Wow. Because it was still Russian at the time.
Speaker 3: It was very much, you could- Yes, Bob, I do remember Girl with Speed, the motorcycle girl.
Speaker 2: And you could.
Speaker 3: Go anywhere in there. And so he did take a lot of pictures for me and it was amazing just to see it firsthand. Because he went up on the roofs and took pictures with her circle.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Like, amazing. And far, you know, far away. But wild because it's all untouched. It's still kind of exactly how it was.
Speaker 1: And you know what?
Speaker 3: It's wild.
Speaker 1: The the, the book is terrifying.
Speaker 4: The book is so sad.
Speaker 1: Right. But, but the amazing part of that, the amazing part of it is that was really the precipitating incident that killed the Soviet union more than just all the pressure we had brought on it. It, it, woke up the Russian people like, this shit is fucked up. The Soviet Union is fucked up.
Speaker 3: They did not listen to the people.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 3: But we did have one more question, and it was about the Venezuelan oil.
Speaker 1: So Trump is like, Joe Biden drained the National Petroleum Reserve, which he did not.
Speaker 4: He did not.
Speaker 1: It was nearly full when Trump was elected, so he can fuck off, as always. Look, Venezuelan oil, here's the problem. Here's the problem. It's super high sulfur. We have to have it refined somewhere. We have light sweet crude.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute. I have a thought now.
Speaker 1: Oh, my God. Yeah. No. Is it for later?
Speaker 3: It's work thought.
Speaker 1: Work thought. Work related. Oh, I know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 1: So I think we have some refineries that can process heavier crude like that. It is not Texas light sweet, y'all.
Speaker 3: It's not light, sweet, crude. And I have pictures. I could probably post them of what light, sweet, crude looks like, what heavy.
Speaker 4: Because in the lab, we used to, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if we still do.
Speaker 1: Yes, you did, Brian. You were correct, sir. Good to see you, my friend.
Speaker 3: It's very, because oil is a biological, people don't think of it as a biological entity, but it is because it's made from dead animals and dead plants. It's biologic. And so you can, because of the signature of the oil and what's in it, you can look at it and tell who it belongs to and where it's from. It's one of those weird things. And we have done a lot of petroleum work at the lab. Anyway, we can tell you if we can process it, if you can process it or how expensive it would be to process. So, um, our friends in the ICR because it's one of the the Guinness Book of World Records ICR mapping things that we have. But it's very interesting. Oil is a very interesting thing.
Speaker 1: But this is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tar sands.
Speaker 1: It's like tar sands. It's like bunker diesel. It's that sludgy, thick, heavyweight stuff. It is... Look, the other part of this is What they announced about the deal today was that the U.S. military is going to become a shareholder in the Venezuelan national oil. What the communist fuck is this about? State of the means of production. Yeah, state of the means of production.
Speaker 2: What is that called again? Communism.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what? We're going to let you get on with your Sunday because it's getting late.
Speaker 2: We did this. We're going to do this.
Speaker 1: We're going to do this. We'll see you again next weekend.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys for jumping on and being with us. We apologize. We didn't, we got in late yesterday and we were talking.
Speaker 1: Between all the, between all the kids stuff and the partying and the drive back and forth.
Speaker 2: In the bed.
Speaker 1: Oh, the bed at the hotel. It would not.
Speaker 3: And it was hot. Okay. So it was one of those things, ladies, you will understand what I mean. The hotel are using those duvets. And me in a duvet and the time of my life that I'm in right now.
Speaker 1: And your incredibly thermally hot husband.
Speaker 2: Is just like, oh, God, no.
Speaker 4: Kill me now. And it was cold in the room.
Speaker 3: And then we get under this duvet. And I sleep in a bar.
Speaker 1: He's a little furry.
Speaker 3: And between the heat that I am radiating at this point in my life, oh, my God, the sleeping did not happen because you can't turn the air down in hotels anymore or fans or.
Speaker 4: Any of that stuff. And it was not a restful sleep, if you will.
Speaker 1: We have a cold bedroom. We have fans. We have bowling seats.
Speaker 3: We have fans. The Bowling Branch.
Speaker 1: They are a sponsor of the podcast. But we were customers before.
Speaker 3: I thought like after the umpteenth night when we couldn't sleep, I had seen all, all of the.
Speaker 4: Commercials about the Bowling Branch sheets.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you know what?
Speaker 4: I'll do anything at this point to sleep. I don't care how much it costs.
Speaker 1: I need sleep.
Speaker 3: And I'm on it, y'all. I feel it. But we're working through stuff.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so.
Speaker 1: I bought the sheets.
Speaker 3: And it was the morning, actually, that I took you for surgery. Yeah, on my wrist. And we were in the waiting room.
Speaker 4: It was like 5 o'clock in the morning. And I was like, Rick, I'm buying the sheets and I don't care.
Speaker 1: And he's like, okay.
Speaker 3: I was like, he's not going to tell me no. Not for sleep situation. And I was like, I'm getting on there. And I ordered a set and I was like, oh my God. Like when I tell you they breathe, like all of these people that say they have cooling sheets. If you look at the tag, If there's any polyester in them, they're not cooling.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I can't wear polyester jammies anymore. If they have an ounce of polyester in them, I'm a modal like the bamboo. You have to have things that breathe. But those sheets are game changer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's the worst part about it when you love sheets so much and then you travel and you.
Speaker 4: Don't have those sheets. It's also sort of a sad day too, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we got home yesterday around four, and it was just like, I was cooked, she was cooked, napped. And I don't really nap that much.
Speaker 3: I took care of the cats. Oh, this is the other thing about the cats. I've got to talk about Vicky and her situation.
Speaker 2: So, Lady, the Dowager Countess Kitty.
Speaker 3: She has a thyroid issue. So, Lady Beakworth is on now thyroid food.
Speaker 2: Thankful.
Speaker 3: She loves it. The problem is we have two other cats. So I could either put all the cats on thyroid food, all cats on thyroid food, which is not to say cheap, um, or put cream in her ears twice a day. Ladies, you know, I'm talking about if y'all HRT like situation, but, um, So I got the request of a lady at my vet said I got a cat with three. She's got three cats, each with its own problem eating. So she's got three of them. I bought these automatic feeders that actually work with a microchip that's already embedded in their shoulders.
Speaker 4: So when they walk up.
Speaker 3: To them, the feeder opens and they can eat. We're still learning. Still a challenge, I'm not saying, but Lady Beakworth, the Dowager Countess, her food is underneath here and the other two cats.
Speaker 2: Z is on it.
Speaker 3: Z's like, he walks up there, it opens, he chows down.
Speaker 1: Walks away, lid closes. It's like a food garage.
Speaker 2: It's a food garage.
Speaker 4: But so, This has been the other.
Speaker 3: So yesterday when I got home, I prepared all of these lining things and you have to train them for their collar and all of that. I did that and started laundry. So that was like a process.
Speaker 1: It was something.
Speaker 3: And I had to give Zee love because he still got, when we're.
Speaker 2: Not watching him, he can't wear.
Speaker 3: The collar of shame until tomorrow when I take him back to the vet.
Speaker 4: So I had to let his collar be free. My son came over Friday night.
Speaker 1: Renee, did you chip Rick?
Speaker 3: Why, to track him?
Speaker 4: I know where he is.
Speaker 3: I can just hear him. Oh, your cow is allergic to the ear ointment. Radioactive iodine.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jules. Jules. Jules.
Speaker 1: Jules. 1,006. Where's Mitch McConnell?
Speaker 5: Talk.
Speaker 4: Mitch McConnell, he's chatting.
Speaker 3: With the Lord God.
Speaker 1: Rigor tortoise, as people say.
Speaker 3: Rigor tortoise.
Speaker 4: You know, they're going to roll him out at some point.
Speaker 3: And I think they'll have a string attached to his arm like Weekend at Bernie's so he can wave. But I think he is with the dearly departed myself because nobody has come.
Speaker 2: To see him at all either.
Speaker 1: No, nobody has. Weirdly, all those long conversations he was having.
Speaker 3: If he's that sick, you would think home health would be in there. Once again, our home health care workers would be in there once a day.
Speaker 1: To help.
Speaker 4: Change him and move him.
Speaker 3: Because I'm telling you, it's heavy to pick someone up and move them from place. to place and help feed them and all that.
Speaker 1: Cause it's very Soviet.
Speaker 3: She hasn't seen them. Um, so I don't, we haven't seen her. So I know she's not in there doping on him. We'll just talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: All right, folks.
Speaker 1: Well, it is, uh, We're up on two hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's four o'clock. Anything else for the good of the order?
Speaker 1: As always, folks, you can email us at TheWeekendR & R at gmail.com and we will have your questions. And I hope we lightened your day a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have a new press secretary soon. Oh, say where Caroline Leavitt is going.
Speaker 1: Oh, The View. That's the rumor in D.C. The View.
Speaker 3: Y'all.
Speaker 1: No one has to watch The View at this point.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that's.
Speaker 1: All going to work. The grandbabies were excellent. We had a really good time. So nice to go over there and visit with. The Littles.
Speaker 2: It was good to be The Littles.
Speaker 1: There's Winnie again.
Speaker 4: Playing with The Littles.
Speaker 1: And there's Indy.
Speaker 3: He looks all frustrated, but He actually, when his eyes open, it's really cute.
Speaker 1: He smiles at you. And he's two weeks old?
Speaker 3: He was getting ready to go to bed at that point.
Speaker 1: And he's got the Wilson side eye.
Speaker 3: Oh, he does. I think he has the Wilson ears.
Speaker 1: He does also have the Wilson ears.
Speaker 2: But, yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, no, we had a great time. And once again, there's Winnie flying her simulator. We got her.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we got her a simulator.
Speaker 2: And a piano.
Speaker 1: And a piano.
Speaker 4: I got her Little People. Little People, of course.
Speaker 1: Oh, and we brought her books from London.
Speaker 3: Oh, we brought books from London. And we brought a little onesie from the British Museum that has London and cute little stuff on it.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 3: I'm.
Speaker 1: Glad we got the larger size because he's already a hoss.
Speaker 4: He's already big. And we also got.
Speaker 3: I brought them... It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, because.
Speaker 2: Every child should have that.
Speaker 1: And it's the season. Manifest the season.
Speaker 4: Oh, and just another book, too. Books are always good.
Speaker 1: One more thing about Florida, because I saw something move by there a minute ago. The buzzard that was trying to get the snakes yesterday. I told Renee, I was walking to the driveway on Friday before we left, and I was like, man, I wish I had my phone with me, because the buzzard out there was the size of a Cessna. We were talking about yesterday, and there he was. Have a little snake sushi. All right, folks. We love doing this with y'all every weekend.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: We love talking to you guys. We appreciate you as always. We'll see you again next weekend, but probably not the weekend after because we're going.
Speaker 2: To Hong Kong.
Speaker 3: We'll see, but we don't leave until Sunday.
Speaker 1: We might. We might do. We might check in. But yeah, we're going to Hong Kong after that. I got a speech over there. We're coming straight back for a few days. I keep telling Renee we're going to Shenzhen, but we're probably not. We're going to Hong Kong, though.
Speaker 3: We're not going to mainland.
Speaker 1: We're not going to mainland. No.
Speaker 3: We're not doing that.
Speaker 1: But we're excited about it. All right, everybody. Thanks for watching, as always. We appreciate you. You can always follow Renee on the platforms at ReneeStangHey. You can follow me at TheRickWilson. You can catch us on this show on Saturdays or Sundays. You can catch me on the. Tuesday nights, generally speaking on strategy session on Thursdays or Tuesdays with the Lincoln project podcast Thursdays with the breakdown Fridays with Lincoln project podcast. And what's that other show we do?
Speaker 2: You do elephant elephant.
Speaker 3: In the room.
Speaker 1: That's the, that's the Friday show. And we're going to be bringing back the behind the numbers show. We're rebooting and reformatting that with Andrew as he comes off attorney leave. We're super excited. And on Sundays, you can catch me with Molly John Fast on Fast Politics.
Speaker 3: You can catch him, y'all.
Speaker 1: I got too many shows.
Speaker 3: He got a lot of shows, but they're all different, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Broken Molly, the show, Molly and I taped this morning at 11, so you'll see that anytime.
Speaker 2: Does it come out today?
Speaker 3: Oh, because you know what we're doing? We also have to go, because the new episode.
Speaker 2: Of Lioness is coming out today. It's Sundays.
Speaker 3: So we have got to.
Speaker 1: Sunday's our television day.
Speaker 4: Sundays we have to watch Linus.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all are watching it, but I would suggest it.
Speaker 1: Yep. Definitely. Yep.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do get around Mona Dog. I am everywhere all the time.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody. We appreciate you. We'll see you next time. Thanks for watching. See you soon. Oh, oh, oh. If you're on YouTube... Do that, like, subscribe, follow. If you're watching us on Substack, do the same, if you would, please. It helps get the show out there. Don't even talk to me about Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's on this list.
Speaker 1: It's on my list. Sorry. And weirdly, never mind. What? I'm not saying anything about that plot, please. I'm totally fucking with you.
Speaker 3: No. Never in my world.
Speaker 1: Bye guys.
Speaker 3: Bye y'all.
Speaker 1: See you soon.