Speaker 1: This is a clip from Raised by Giants. You can access the entire episode now on our website and all podcast platforms.
Speaker 2: This is always going to struck me as odd. Why is it only Abrahamic religions that deal with possessions and demons? Why are their only Catholic exorcists? Right, You'd think that if the Abrahamic religions were correct and true, why would supposed demons only mess with the only group of people that can cast them out. It really doesn't make any sense. Have you ever heard of a Hindu having a demonically possessed person that required the Catholic churches blessing for an exorcism?
Speaker 1: No, but the hinders do have rituals where they enact where they become the God or goddess. Right, I've seen him. I've been there, and I've seen it. It's pretty dramatic. But they are possessed by the God, but it's just a short lived possession. During the ritual that it's over and they're they're back to themselves, and they know that they were acting it out and all that, and you know, because they studied the god that they were impersonating.
Speaker 2: So No, and I wonder about what about Buddhism. I've never heard of a Buddhists requiring the assistance of the Catholic Church in regards to someone exercising demons.
Speaker 1: Kind of laughable, actually, yeah. So my theory is that the rituals of the Abrahamic religions open up the person doing the rituals to demonic attack. I do believe that is true. But also all three of these religions, I hate to say it, but they're well well known for sexual abuse of got people.
Speaker 2: And that's my point, right, Okay, So when's the long you heard a Catholic priest walk into a monastery and exercise the possessed freaking shinto monk. Never so, you would think, by the logic of the Church that the people that aren't involved with or believe in the Abrahamic religions would be the weakest, okay, in the furthest away from God. I mean, that's pretty much what all of Christianity is like. Anybody that doesn't believe in Christianity isn't of goden and is the farthest away of from God. That's why there's all these people trying to convince others to go to church and go to read the Bible. You know, why isn't anyone else being possessed besides the believers in the fundamentalist Abrahamic religions. And is it just a coincidence that most sexual abuse scandals out of any religious institution ever is the Catholic Church.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other two are pretty good too, man, don't underestimate them. You know, the the video of the synagogue in New York, the underground tunnels and all that.
Speaker 2: So I think Judyism as a as an offset of Christianity.
Speaker 1: It's it's still very similar. Yeah, uh, Christianity probably doesn't worship the Yellow Him as much, but yeah, I would say it isn't stilled from from the rituals and the beliefs of those religions stemming down from the Elohim. I mean, because if you read the Old Testament, the Elohim who made us, supposedly they're fornicators, they're alcoholics, they're I mean, I don't know, they're murderers, they go out with young women, and so I don't know, they appear to me to be not very nice. Whatever they are gods or people or whatever. And I think that the three abraham religions, which were created by them have the same predilections that they have, and they're passing it down to their children. And it would be interesting to see statistics on, you know, the number of sexually abused people around the world, and see what religions that they come from. And I'm gonna bet you they all come from this religion.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bet that they all come from the Abrahamic the three main Abrahamic religions. I mean, that's a that's a given. I mean, I'm sure that we could probably look it up really quickly and find that information. Well, it's just incident that the religion that has the most sexual abuse is also has the most demons possessing people and has the only utricists in any religion, Like give me a break.
Speaker 1: And back when I was young, which was about the time the Extorcist got made, I'm very I learned a long time ago that when I was around adults when I was a kid, to just be quiet and listen to him. I could learn a lot more just by listening to him and not saying anything. And so I would kind of disappear, becoming visible in the room of adults, and so I would hear them say stuff. At the time, I was six or seven and quite understand what I was listening to. But as I got older, you know, like ten or twelve, I started realizing that my parents' generation, the males in my parents' generation, they made jokes about having sex with children all the time. I mean all the time. It was. It was an ongoing joke. And I remember talking to a member of my parents' generation and he told me that it was his right. He said, right now. He was like, he was a businessman, salesman, lived down the street from me. I was talking to her, like ten eleven years old. He said, it's my right. I said, what's your right? I said, she's my daughter, it's my right. And you know, it really shook me up at the time, and I thought, wow, So I think it's actually more prevalent than we can imagine. And maybe not so much now because it's become taboo, thankfully, but in the old days, I think it was maybe like higher than fifty percent maybe of the of that generation, and and it was taken for granted. And I also remember again when I was maybe fourteen years old, I was watching TV. It was a congressional hearing for something my mom was watching it because she was really into politics. And I heard, Remember all of Congress were all men in those days. All the senators were all men, right, there weren't any women maybe one. And guy got up and made a joke about you know, old enough to I don't want to say it knocked old enough? Do you know what? Old enough to? You know what? Right? And it was and everybody laughed, it really laughed. The whole Congress thought it was the funniest joke of all. And he was making a joke about having sex with you know, prepubescent teams essentially, and it was. It was so so what I'm saying, it was in the light of The Exorcist coming out, we had an underground in our society going already. Right, and I'll even go one step further. I want to disturb everybody, but I think these things have to be said. The Boomers my generations, the biggest generations ever lived on earth. Okay, we I think it was eighty five million of us in America born between nineteen forty six and nineteen sixty four and or forty five to sixty four. And the generation had just our parents' generation. The men had just come back from a two front war of absolute horror, especially the Japanese part where my dad was at absolute horror, I mean really horror. And so they were coming back from horror they were. And when they came back, they came back to wealth. Because America started growing really rapidly and millions and millions of young people everywhere everywhere, they had to change Daylight savings time was created right in there for us, so we could go to school in the daylight my generation. So all sorts of societal things happened because there were such a gigantic generation. Schools were being built like everywhere because there was too many kids being born, and everything was just flooding over and in the middle of all this, so let's say the baby boomer started in nineteen forty five. In nineteen sixty six, a song came out and it was written by John Phillips, the singer of the Laurel Canyon band Mama's in the Papas, and he was sung by his best friend, Scott mackenzie, and it was a gigantic, huge hit in America at the time, and it was a very melodic song and it was called San Francisco, and it was basically saying to all the kids in America that you all come to San Francisco because you're going to meet a gentle people there that are waiting for you. Well, it's a given kind of in in certain circles where an adult will tell a child, don't worry, I'll be gentle with you. And this song was completely blatant and nobody saw it. And so what happened is all the runaways, all the kids without any parents,