Speaker 1: Welcome to break Free and Trust a redesign for Living. Join me Chris and.
Speaker 2: Me Jacqueline for real conversations about life, death, and everything in between.
Speaker 1: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and heal, how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 2: Through healthy conversations between the feminine and masculine, you learn how to harness the power of relationship and the mirror, to befriend your shadow, and to trust that any obstacle that gets in your way is there to help you grow.
Speaker 1: Together. Working at a practical levels, you learn to trust that everything that is happening is for you, your growth and ultimate freedom.
Speaker 2: Our circumstances don't matter, it's only how we relate to them that does.
Speaker 1: Get ready to be your friend the wisdom of your body and the power of your mind.
Speaker 2: Break Free and Trust starts.
Speaker 3: Now, and welcome to break Free and Trust and redesign for Living.
Speaker 2: I'm Chris and I'm Jacqueline.
Speaker 3: Last night, as we're getting ready to have a podcast on crany sacral therapy, as we'll come back to another podcast, life, hit us with a real and personal example of how much of the work we talk about on the show. Many of our listeners have asked for examples of what we mean by the near the projection, our limiting beliefs are conditioning, and our programming, and all of this came alive for us last night. So we thought this would make a fantastic discussion for our listeners, and we would turn the conversation into a live coaching session and teaching on today's show. So in this episode, Jacqueline gets vulnerable with her own awareness regarding her people pleasing tendencies, and together we explore the work in real time.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, very conscious of my own vulnerability right now.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to start, You want to start by taking us, taking us into the conversation we started last.
Speaker 2: Night, not really, but guess so. Chris and I were sitting here last night watching a movie and I got a message and it was from one of the members of a group that I run, sharing some feelings of being unsettled and you know, sitting with her, sitting with her feelings of vulnerability. And I read it and just kept watching the movie. And then our movie ended, and I think Chris asked me to do something, and I said I was busy, and he could feel something was off with me and said okay, and I said, yeah, I just need a few minutes. And I sat with this feeling that was rising up in me, which I can only really describe as a feeling of panic, which really caught me off guard. And I noticed myself moved into almost unconsciously writing back to this person if anything I did upset you, please let's have a conversation. And I there was this feeling that was rising up in me of needing to fix something, needing to make it right. And I didn't send the texts that I was writing. I was just noticing what was coming out of me, and I sort of took a pause.
Speaker 3: You read something I did.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I started writing on my phone but didn't send it, and then could feel this feeling rising inside of me quite strongly. And that's when I called you from the kitchen and said, hey, can I talk to you about something. I want to run something by you. Because I was witnessing It's almost like I could I could experience myself, but I was also doing what we speak about all the time about being the observer and witness of myself. And I was witnessing this thing arising inside of me that was really out of whack with the situation but was totally triggering to my nervous system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when you came back and the way you describe it, even witnessing your hands going to the phone to start to write of this text, the text reaction in the sense to what was happening. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so then I called you in and that's where our conversation started doing me to take.
Speaker 3: Us, take us further.
Speaker 2: So what was happening for me in that moment was this idea of I had run one of many groups that I run in the morning, and in that particular group, I was pretty flippant about my own sharing. And when I say flippant, what I mean is I was pretty light about what was happening for me in some of my own experiences, which had to do with me really witnessing and noticing this people pleasing tendency of mind show up all over the place in many different circumstances, which for me is a sign that there's some learning that's wanting to happen, and there's a shift that's wanting to happen. Because most often, and we've spoken about this a lot on the podcast, is that the universe won't rest until your soul has come to know itself as it is, and whatever's in the way of that is going to show itself, which can lead us into all kinds of cycles like the drama triangle and the blame victim cycle, but at one point or another, hopefully for most of us, what shows up is this awareness that the universe is delivering us all of these opportunities to learn something if we're willing to really look inside. And so for me, what's been happening is all of these different opportunities which feel terrible at different ways. I'm not gonna why around seeing where maybe I displease, maybe I'm turning people away, maybe I'm saying no in situations where I would have said yes. And this people pleasing desire that I've had forever is sort of being shattered or broken up. And so I was sharing some of that on the call in the morning, but I was doing it in what I would say, maybe more a more irreverage way then I might normally facilitate. And so when I got this text, what I felt immediately was was not, oh, no, I hope this person is okay what she going through? How can I serve her? It went into oh no, what did I do to create the situation, which means, all of a sudden, my ego I was playing itself out. I'm at the center of the universe somehow, and I'm responsible for whatever's happening for her. And it created a tremendous amount of panic in me. Actually, and the stories that I created in my head, we're getting bigger. And so I called Chris in because I was conscious of that and really wanted and needed, I needed some coaching around it so that I didn't take it even further.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, and he said so much in there too, And like, you know, one of the thing that jumps out to me, just in that it sounds like a small thing, but that that pausing and not jumping into the reaction, the witnessing, and then even and even calling me in and say this needs to be explored. I mean, that's to me, that's just the definition of awareness. And some people will call it awakening into awareness is to recognize, like you said it beautifully, Wait a minute, maybe I'm not the center of the universe. And maybe because I think, I think until we become aware of it, we sort of unconsciously go around thinking we're like, you know, we're like we're our own individual sons and everything's rotating around us. Everything anyone does, everything that says, any thoughts people have all have to do with us. So we're taking everything personally. No matter what's going on, we're personalizing. It's just hitting our ego one way or another. And it's that first awareness that wait a minute, I'm not the center of the universe. This person has their own life. People do things all the time that have nothing to do with me. In fact, ninety nine point nine nine percent of the time what people are doing have nothing to do with me, and I'm personalizing it. And so taking that pause and break and recognizing, Okay, I have personalized something. I'm feeling triggered, I'm about to react it in a predictable, conditioned way. I'm going to put the pause on this, and I want to get in. I want to I want to observe this, either myself or someone I can trust in the observation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it's really worth noting that this idea of the universe revolving around us doesn't just look like the quote unquote selfish things that we talk about, or the arrogant ways that we speak of or that we look at things. It also looks like the places of did I cause harm? Did I cause damage? Are my words the root of somebody's upset?
Speaker 3: Yea, am I being judgeable as people think of me? Did I do the right thing? Well, like all that stuff is, we're at the center of everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and you said something which I find you know, it's interesting to hear it on this side of things because in that moment of awareness, like you speaking, I don't feel like.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at me, look at my observer, look at my witness. I'm so aware. It's the opposite experience. It's terrible. It's a horrible feeling and one that yeah, one that can feel it makes well. It made me feel really small in that moment, and and actually quite you know, that panic left me feeling quite young.
Speaker 3: Mm hm, which makes sense because again it's the ego. The persona is a service, it's a it's a your based survival mechanism that was built in our adult in your childhood that's now followed you as an adult and it's been activated. So there's that little scared part of you that's now activated. And when you when you have this observation, look back at what it's doing. Can't it can't not help make you feel like a little child again. And Gurga calls it calls awakening. You're away, can get the horror of the situation. Wow, look look at how I'm about to act. And you said, you said, I'm very honest and very vulnerable there. My concern wasn't necessarily for the other person. It was did I do something wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And so you know, this is this place of like we speak about transparency, and this is this place of extreme transparency where what's actually happening for me in those moments? And this is where you and I got to in our conversation yesterday, was that these acts of tending to are caring for another person in that moment, or that's that's sort of the veil. What it's actually about is this incredible feeling of a lack of safety in my own body. And in that feeling of a lack of safety, I'm seeking out. I'm pursuing whatever it is that's going to help calm.
Speaker 3: My own nervous system.
Speaker 2: And it looks like taking care of it, looks like concern. But in truth, It has nothing to do with it. It has to do with me looking for my life vest or life raft, because in that moment, what I'm actually tapping into is what's underneath the conditioning of people pleasing is fear. And I learned how to modulate my fear by taking care of other people and controlling my environment in such a way that would allow my insights to feel harmony. But what it looked like I was doing was creating harmony on the outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, active persona takes on these character attributes that are meant effectively, meant to manage our fears in one or another, and so different people have different attributes depending on their fears. What is Can you name the fear or try to name the fear that so people pleasing is the action? What was the fear that people pleasing was in response to?
Speaker 2: Well, first, I want to say that I'm not sure that that fear totally has words. There's a belief underneath it that has words, but the fear itself is just It's truly just a feeling of panic. Nervous system is to my nervous system was sent into panic, and I recognize the panic because I've been witnessing this process for a while and with way bigger things that happened on the outside. But what we came to yesterday as we were sort of working to break it down and understand it, was this feeling of or a belief that I've probably walked around with since I was a really really little girl, of I'm bad and and I'm bad is my If my environment isn't okay, everybody's working okay, it's because I'm bad. It's I'm bad. And so I really went into that last night in witnessing what was happening, and through our conversation, I really went into this like I replayed the whole conversation that happened in that group that morning to be able to look for. And all I was looking for was where did I do something that was bad that could have created this reaction?
Speaker 3: And there there's another learning belief that go along with it, which is more in the and the action front, is that I'm bad to my responsibility and a limiting belief that I can come and control the situation to make it better.
Speaker 2: So I'm not sure if I would call that a limiting belief. I think that's the action that gets taken in order to manage the fear of the limiting belief, like, that's that's the that's the reaction.
Speaker 3: Could be Yeah, yeah, I can. I mean yes, and I can also, but I can also see this, and I can only speak for my own limiting belief system, which one is I can control my external environment. That is a strong limiting belief. I have zero control over my external environment. I can control how I react to it. I can control my emotional responses, but I can't control how other people feel or think, or or how they act. And so when I catch myself all the time moving into action based on my fear of being rejected or banned or misunderstood, it's like, oh, I believe I can control this, and I can't. I just need to it. So I'm probably projecting mind projecting my.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 4: Mhm.
Speaker 2: How do your limiting beliefs play out in terms of how you react emotionally to situations? I describe my feeling as one of panic and fear.
Speaker 3: What happens for you, it's, you know, the physiological one is really it's I'm really aware of it now because it's it's a shortness of breath, you know, through through a lot of a lot of various practic breathing practice and yoga that's not quite good at at modulating my breath. I breathe well now I didn't used to, and so now I'm really sensitive. Oh I'm breathing shallow, I'm breathing through my mouth. I'm activated now and that's and that's the place that sends me. Okay, now this is that that's to me signaling this feeling of anxiety that I'm aware of now. And then I go into what are the now? What thoughts? Am I generator here? And I can see these thoughts of of oh, I need to I need to make this person understand me, or I need to change this, or I don't I don't want someone to feel that way, and then I and then then I can break it down to that that limiting belief how I control my environment.
Speaker 2: So I know we're taking things in a little bit of a different direction than we started with. But I want to just name this because I think it's actually really important. Is what you said is your first awareness that something is off is that your breath is short, So your breath becomes shallow.
Speaker 3: A mouth breathed, and you start to mouth breathe.
Speaker 2: So I'm naming that because one of the most important things that we can do in terms of working with this stuff as it shows up for us. And I say working with because I'm hard pressed to believe that this stuff doesn't show up for everybody at some point or another, and we can either work with it or we can resist it. Resisting it means that we just continue the same pattern, and then we're going to be bombarded with more and more opportunities to learn and to surrender the pattern, or we work with it, or as the teacher of mind WANs used to speak, actually all the time, is we learn how to dance with it, and then it stops having control over us. One of the most important ways to be able to do that is to be able to notice on a physiological level what the first sign that we're moving into a reactive pattern is. Because if I can move into that first sign, and for Chris, that first sign is shallow breathing, then as soon as I notice that I begin to shallow breathe, I can do something to interrupt that pattern by either taking in a slong, deep breath, by getting up, by moving anything that interrupts the pattern from continuing the way that it begins, and in doing that, the neural circuit that moves into Chris's need to control or be understood or do whatever is interrupted and a new neural circuit can begin to be built. So just interrupting the pattern at the beginning can shift Chris from moving into an anxiety filled pattern into a much calmer, more aware way of being. That makes sense, does Yeah, So ways that you can interrupt patterns, There's countless ways you can interrupt patterns, and you can say, you know, it could be that you get up. It could be that you clap, It could be if you're in a meeting that you flick your leg. It could be that you take a deep breath. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's interrupting what normally you would have. And the earlier you catch it, the easier it is to shift.
Speaker 3: Totally. Yeah, And for me, it's just quite simple. I just once I recognize your shallow breathing, I'm just like, oh, okay, I just need to deepen my breathing. It's really that simple and just go back to a very conscious breath inhaling, deeply filling my belly for full of air exhaling, watching the path of that breath in and out. I only have to do that but five or six times, and suddenly I feel my central nervous system calm down and then I can go to the stage where, okay, get let's look into what's happening here. Let's observe what the sequence of events were that led me to this place of being triggered, and and I can learn from it, I can adjust from it.
Speaker 2: It's great. So do you want to take us back to last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's interesting. So like when we were having that conversation, and it was it ended up being a little bit of a coaching session totally. And I'm a deep coach. It's what I what I do, and so Jack and and for couples out there, when we sat down, Jacqueline gave me permission to coach it, right, That's an important thing. I don't try to coach you with information because it's not it's not what you want. Sometimes I hear about it. That's why I'm saying I Jacqulie gave me permis to coaches. I put I jumped into my coaching modality and we've talked about all sorts of tools and things like that to help with that. And there's the drama triangle and things like that. I sort of invoked the four Agreements last night. That's that's the place I went to help to help look at this situation. Why have I mentioned talk about that a little bit?
Speaker 2: I don't, but I just want to enter up for one second and just share that. HM. The reason why I asked Chris to coach me around this was one I was witnessing a pattern that I've experienced many times and I really wanted I needed help in that moment to shift it because I was being triggered into what I said was panic. But it's you know, Chris has lots of coaching tools. I've got lots of coaching tools. It wasn't his coaching tools that I was looking for. What I was looking for was a space that felt safe for me to be able to speak what was really happening for me, which was and panicking and I'm panicking and I need I need help because I'm not able to stop this process in this moment. But what I really needed was a place of non judgment. And so we don't need to be coaches in order to be able to hold each other in these places. But what we do, but what we do need, is to be able to recognize that there's a common humanity in these experiences, and they might look really different for everybody, but the common humanity is that we all have egos. Our egos are operating unconsciously, and sometimes our egos are going to get in our way, and our limiting beliefs and our old stories are going to prevent us from being the people that we want to be, or are going to hijack our nervousness in such a way that we can't be who we want to be, or we can't quiet and come down and reaching out for support, needs to feel safe. In other words, I didn't ask, I didn't reach out to him wanting judgment or to feel small or belittled, because here I was re enacting a pattern that I've acted out many times. What I needed was it's okay, it's okay. We all have these places inside of us. Let me help you find your way through yours. And that, more than invoking the Four Agreements or any other coaching tool, gave me capacity to be able to actually take a good look inside and I think it's really important that we share that because one a lot of a lot of you as listeners may think like, oh great, you guys can do this work because you're equipped to do this work. It's our skill set is more of a deep listening and our capacity to hold space for each other because we are constantly doing our work than it is any training that we've had to be able to do it. And so I share that because it's possible for us to do this work with all kinds of people if we're willing to be able to build a stance of an open.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really glad. I'm really glad you start love except the stage of facts, because it's that's right. It's it's very much setting the mind judgment into space and more conversation. The conversation. Last night I spent the first part of just listening, just listening and not even asking a whole exploratory questions, just listening and watching and listen to you on the land before I said a word, and creating that safety and in a sense within that men feeling the moment where that safety has been established and gone to a deeper level than to start a conversation which maybe will come back to in the second half. And we are back and I think we're left off. We just had just a brief induction about how we set up that coaching and listening environment conversation as we talk about four weeks. And you know, I'm a bit of a when it comes when it comes to coaching and this type of modality, I'm a bit of a bit of a model guy like I liked. I like to see if they was through models of the human general human condition and the four agreements the drama tryangle things like this. They're just models of the general human condition. It's idea that we have an ego or something beneath that ego. We're all a human and our egos our reactor system. So what the agreements is. It might be a book that many of you have read. It very popularly spiritual book written by remember's name, Miguel, and it's based on when the Toll. Text goes back thousands of years and it has four very simple what they call agreements or ways of being that if you if you follow these foregings, you have a good chance of having a very sort of peaceful existence. And when your piece is disrupted it's very high probability that you're in violation of one of these four agreements. The four agreements are one, be immaculate with your word, and it can also mean immaculate with your thoughts, but I'm absolutely immacuate with your word. What you say matters. The second is don't don't take things personally. There just don't make assumptions. And the fourth is always do your best. Really really simple, and brought I brought those up to Jacqueline in this conversation.
Speaker 2: Really really simple, but also really really hard.
Speaker 3: Really hard, and I mean it's so wise. The one I brought up, I said, you know, I asked, I asked, which which are the four agreements? You know, because Jaquelines are very familiar with thing do you think maybe in violation of here or may becoming in conflict with And the obvious one that jumped up was don't take things personally. And I just want to expand them all a little bit. It's this idea that it's the ideot that we're this sort of our own this we believe in the center of the university everything revolves around us, and we believe that when people are saying things or thinking things, you're doing things, they're doing it to respect to us. This agreement points out that they're not because people are doing exactly what you're doing. I'm doing in Jacqueline's doing is we're thinking about ourselves about ninety seven percent of the time, and we're not thinking about other people. We're not sitting around thinking about what's going on with all these other people and how they're feeling whatnot. We're sitting here thinking about ourselves and our own thoughts, and we are so is everybody else. So when people are doing things, it's not about you. When someone says something that you think is directed to you, it's probably not about you. So don't take things on, don't take it personally. That's the first one. And the second one that's really relevant here is don't make assumptions. Again, this idea that we think we know what's going on, that we have any control over the environment around us is somewhat ludicrous. We simply need to know. We don't know, and almost all of our assumptions, and I'll say all of our assumptions are wrong. We just don't know how our assumptions are wrong. So those are the two Those are the two things that showed up in this conversation. So I want to bring these back now to the actual event that happened. Okay, what were you taking personally? Where were you taking things personally?
Speaker 2: Mmmm? The feeling that this group member was having immediately as soon as as soon as she spoke it, what I what I did was go into what did I do to make her feel this way? And I played back numerous different moments where oh, my goodness, I said this, and maybe I was flippant, or I didn't take this very reverently, or I was not being very serious in my responses, or wait a minute, I sit in the role of facilitator and often in the role of teacher. Maybe maybe I was operating in a way that was beneath that. Maybe I wasn't being maybe I wasn't upholding specific role or way of being, et cetera, et cetera. I mean I kind of went, Yeah, I circled the drain.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And within that, even talking there, you went into the other truths. Were you market with your work? You did you actually did you say anything that you're aware of at the time that wasn't that wasn't an integrity?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And and did I not do my best in that given moment. And the interesting piece about all of them is that you know, Chris and I talk, we I think we even we did. We did a podcast last year on what it means to be a teacher, and so much of what we believe in in terms of teaching means we're walking with We're we're in process with, we're living with we It's not like we've we've hit some place and we know better then.
Speaker 1: And so in in that.
Speaker 2: Meeting, what I was doing was I was engaging on an equal playing field with doing exactly what I teach about doing all the time. But the moment that I got scared and I got panicky, what I went into was questioning was I immaculate with my wife?
Speaker 3: Was I doing my best?
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, I was taking things incredibly personally, like I was the cause of her upset, and I made all kinds of assumptions about how she was feeled.
Speaker 3: An interesting thing just with then taking it personally. There, you weren't the only one there. There's a there's a whole bunch of other people in this group. So it's that you can even refine it. I'm one in your one individual amongst your broader group. This person has your own thing going on, and now I'm taking it personally. And the harder way to say it is like, like, who do you think you are? To make it all about you? Right? And that's the and that's the reality, and that's that's sometimes what I mean, that's some myself talk. When I this, it's like, wait a minute, who do I think I am thinking this has anything to do with me? I'm not that important?
Speaker 2: Well, and I think I think what's important in that is to be able to actually ask that question, right, Like, it's a really hard thing to look at yourself in the mirror and go, who the hell do you think you are? To make this about you? Yes, we don't want to ask ourselves those questions.
Speaker 3: That's why are you? Why are you so important? Why are you so special? But this is about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a really hard thing to do. I mean, we can feel really small doing those things. But that's the level of work that's required in order to get really honest and break some of these patterns is to have those really honest conversations. And part of the reason why we're sharing it with you right now is because it did it came up fully alive for me last night. Chris served as an incredible partner and coach for me in it. But it requires a tremendous amount of humility, and in those moments, that humility feels really row, it feels really painful. It felt that way for me last night, And it's from that place that we're wanting to share with you because we are in it with you and we're still growing all the time. I think that one of the beauties of our experiences is that because we are constantly growing and learning, rather than these moments actually in the moment they feel terrible, but as they pass, it becomes this opportunity. It becomes a growth filled opportunity, and recognizing that each time one of these things happened, there's an opportunity to free ourselves of the shackles of that limiting belief of I am bad and then the behavior that follows it, which is to please in order not to feel it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that the part of it's hard. It just reminded me of a a It's like a Jesus quote that shows up in Luke. The truth will set you free, but first it'll make you miserable and It's so true. It's so true because this, when you see this, you really start looking into this and deserving it, which you know many people never had that inside look about what's going on with me. Am I taking things personally like. But when you start doing that, it's really hard because you're exposing parts of yourself you have you've hidden from yourself your whole life, and you don't want to see. It's not fun looking at it's not fun observing it. But the more you observe it, the more you get into it, the less it holds you, and it just starts dissolving and fading away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what Christa said is really important because the masks that we wear aren't just masks that we wear to protect others from seeing us. The masks we wear are really designed to protect us from experiencing our deepest vulnerabilities. And it's only in exploring those deepest vulnerabilities that we can really find freedom.
Speaker 3: It's true. You know, there's a term that awakening gets thrown around a lot. I use it too, but I take using a very simple context and that I'm awakening to the fact that I'm conditioned, because if I'm not aware that I'm conditioned, and I haven't looked at how I'm conditioned, and I'm sleep at that conditioning. I'm just I'm just mechanical. I'm just I'm just reacting to all my fear based patternings and trying to survive. And when that awareness comes into I need to I want to look at my conditioning. That's the awakening awareness process, and it just takes time to unravel the whole thing. And there's so much of us, so many parts of us that are even when we start looking and they're obscured from us and hidden from us, that will show up in the weirdest places. And the further we go down this path, it's taking every single one of those reactions as a learning opportunity. Aha, there it is again. Now I must go in and look inside of what's happening within me. I know it's nothing to do with my external environment. This is all internal, and the external environment is my it's my it's my training ground, it's my opportunity to learn about myself.
Speaker 2: That's all this is. So you say that and all of a sudden, just as an example, because this has come up so loudly for me for the last six months, let's say, I mean probably longer than that, but very loud over the last six months is I can see how my kids are showing up to like to wake this up to me. I see how family members are showing up to wake this up in me. I can see how clients are showing up to wake this up in me. And I can really see how the universe is aligning in order to teach me what it is that has been obscured for my awareness for as long as I can remember. In those moments, you know, I, in those moments, it can feel like life, life is against me. Why are all these terrible things happening? Why is this showing up and that showing up? And it all happening at the same time. Poor me, But actually lucky you, because if all of these things are aligning, then there's something happening where one you are ready to learn a lesson that you may not have been ready for before, and all of these people are aligning with you learning that lesson. If you will open the door and find the humility to learn what's wanting to show itself to you. If you do that, and if you can approach it in that way, then the universe is benevolent. If you can't approach it in that way because it feels too much, then you're a victim to life circumstances. One leaves you feeling empowered and life isn't a bit of an adventure, sometimes a bit of a roller coaster. The other leaves you feeling like you're stuck in a swamp and there's not much you can do to change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking. It's in our show opener, you know, because understand that life's not happening to you. It's happening for you. Everything in life is happening for you, is what we talk about. But it goes beyond that. There's these these these these stages of how we relate to these circumstances. You mentioned them. Oh my god, it's all happening to me. I can't believe it. Everything's so unfair. It's all happening to me. And that's that real victim identification, and we can move out of that. Well, it's not happening to me, it's happening by me. I'm making this stuff happen. I'm the driver, I'm controlling my environment. I'm making all this stuff.
Speaker 2: You're tacking back into one of your models.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and it's it's and that's a different power than you know, being at the mercy of life. But it's still one in which I need to control online environment, and it's still not one that's self reflective where you're looking at Wait a minute, what's what's going on within me. It's almost like I'm going to ignore my internals and I'm going to do that by driving the outside rule and it's probably gonna come with a lot of suffering at some stage. And then we move into oh my god, it's happening for me. And as soon as you make that shift into it's happening for me, this is the embodied state. And if you're there and you're experiencing that, well, I think you're in fifteen percent of the population that's now approaching life even sometimes like that, and that if it's happening for me and it's painful, then it must be a lesson. It must be like touching the hot stove. I burn myself because I'm learning not to touch the hot stove. If I'm finding this painful, there's a lesson in here that I that I need to explore. And the only answer is inside me. There's no answer outside of me for this lesson. It's inside of me. Okay, can I can I step into this place where I'm going to go look inside with myself, with a friend, with a coach whoever, to try to unravel what the lesson is. And as you keep going along this and more and more a step into this place where it's not happening to me, buy me, for me, it's just all happening through me. Right. That's the that's the that's the closer to closest to the top of the mountain. You start in that state, and that's the flow state. That's the that's the state of ultimate ultimate piece. There's no good, there's no bad, there's no writers wrong. It's just happening, man, And I'm just here to experience it. That's it. That's all I have to do. And I'm going to choose to experience it by just going with the flow and being in peace and not fighting any of it.
Speaker 2: You know, I think one of the one of the biggest shifts that happens from it happening for me to its happening through me is letting go of judgment. M there's that place of can I can I meet what is with neutrality, and and we have so much judgment of ourselves that unlike unpeeling those layers of judgment and where they come from is essential to get to a place where we can just allow what's happening to move through us without resist. And that's freedom MHM.
Speaker 3: And all and all the roots to it. You know that you are these things, you know, you don't judge, don't judge others, forgive your enemies. All these things, these are the They appear external, but they're all hacks for you do it to yourself. The real, the real objective in all this work is to not judge yourselves, to forgive ourselves, to accept ourselves, and to find peace within ourselves, because the rest of us will take care of itself once we do that.
Speaker 2: And I think a big piece of that is to recognize that the only real enemies that any of us have are the ones that we create internally with our stories.
Speaker 3: And our limiting beliefs. Say more of that, I can.
Speaker 2: We spend so much time looking externally for everything, whether it's for acknowledgment, or it's for judgment, if it's for recognition, significance, all of those things, and yet really our outside world is only serving to mirror what's happening in our inner world. If our judge is very present inside, belittling us every step of the way, then what we are going to have reflected to us outside is a world full of judges, because the outside world is just going to show us it's going to it serves to mirror for us what our inner world looks like. And so the softer we become with ourselves, the softer our outer world becomes with us, which then means that the biggest enemy that we have to confront is the enemy that we've created. And the interesting piece is piece of us that we created to judge or diminish ourselves, was created to serve us at some point, to serve us in a moment, to protect us in a moment. But it became the thing that started to drive everything that we did. And that's why it's so hard to get to. That's why it's layer upon layer, and a willingness to be deeply humble with ourselves, to go looking inside because the answer is always inside. And you know you've shared something with me this morning. I don't know if you can pull it up or not. You probably have to go yeah, into your phone. But that piece really touched me. And I'm going to get Chris to read it for you, but first I just want to say why it touched me so deeply. It touched me because so much of this work is really in the witness and in the observer. It's in growing our capacity daily to be able to see ourselves as we are, not as we think we should be, not as we'd like ourselves to be seen, but as we are, and being able to witness those parts of ourselves non judgmentally, because when we can, those parts of us begin to dissolve. The more we watch without judgment and allow those parts that say, the people pleasing part of me that shows up because of a belief that somehow, somewhere I'm not good enough, I'm bad. If I can watch that, witness it, even with company, witness it with somebody, it no longer needs to hold the same value as it has in the past, and it starts to dissolve. And it's Christian, Murdy Christian.
Speaker 3: And I want to add to that, I love it. I thank it because it got you here, and you wouldn't be here without that survival mechanism. It was part of it. You needed that to be here, but you don't need it anymore, but you can love it and integrate it. It's not a bad thing. It's not that we're pushing away. We're integrating it, we're embracing it. It's the inner child in those terminologies that you're putting a hot around.
Speaker 2: So I want to give you a shout in response to that, because that energy that you just talked about about, how we meet ourselves with that kind of love. It's with that energy that you were able to hold me yesterday, and in being able to meet me with that energy, you gave me permission to meet myself that way too, Which is why reaching out to somebody who can hold you, whether it be a friend, a coach, a therapist, whatever it is, who can love you when you don't love you so much to make it okay for you to explore these parts of you. It's really important. We're not here by ourselves. We don't get to these places alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think I really want to put thank you for that and an exclamation point on it. Most of us don't realize that we have no idea how to love ourselves. We never truly have. We've been, we've been scared and hiding behind this mask. We don't know how to administer your self love. And the first step might just be in the space of someone's going to love us no matter what we tell them, no matter what horrific things we tell about our past or our thoughts were not and they just still love us unconditionally. That's so transformational, And then we can get to the place where we can love ourselves. Sometimes that's a really necessary step. I know it is in recovery elships for sure.
Speaker 2: Well. And what I would say is for those of you that question whether or not you have somebody in your life to do that with, what I would say is is that the more transparent and honest you are about yourself, the more you welcome and you serve as an invitation for the people around you to do the same. And so as you reach out transparently, the universe will give you back what you need in return. May not look like what you want, but it'll show up as what you need. Do you want to share that quote?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's by j Do Krishna murdy Oh. I think is probably one of the three most influential people's people in my way of thinking in the way I see the world, And he goes on to say observing doesn't mean a great brain. Observe what I do, how I hate people, how I get angry easily, how I wound people. I can observe all of that and inquire into why am I violent? What is violence? Conformity, imitation and so on. It is all very complex problem, this violence. So I observe it, and through pure observation the thing comes to an end. And I could I could write that about myself, you know, as much work as I've done or whatever path I'm on, every day, I still have hundreds of thoughts of violence and harm and anger and self righteousness, and these crazy tangents I want to go down. But I don't react to that. I don't make them realize. Just ask why am I thinking this way? What's behind this? And the more I do that, less and less those thoughts, those thoughts emerged. But we're human beings with these crazy monkey minds, and this, you know, trauma in one way or another growing up that's created this protective layer on us. This is the fact of being a human being. And it's also a fact of being a human being. I truly believe this, we're effectively here to dissolve that and find our true nature, which is our true self, which is what exists be underneath all of those masks, which is unconditional love.
Speaker 2: And whatever stays hidden has the most power, and so unearthing it and exposing it to the light is what allows us to come back to unconditional love rather than all of those judgments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your observation is internally, not externally. And if you find yourself in this place where you're spending a lot of time judging what's happening around you, maybe even you know, maybe even caught up in social media and things like that, constantly blasting out your opinion of what everyone else and everything is doing wrong. I want to encourage you, as an action to take a pause and ask what's going on within me that's leading me to want to do this external things, what's being triggered with me, What wounds opening up in me that I that I feel this need to go and crack and judge other people's behavior, because the reality is this is your projection onto them. You can only we can only see other people through our own experience, through our old lens. And there's this saying, if you spot it, you got it. And it's really really hard to hear, it's really really hard to accept, but I absolutely promise you it's true. Whatever you're projecting on your most hated person out there, that's you, my friend. Well with that, why don't we when don't we stop there and we'll see you all in a couple of weeks?
Speaker 2: Sounds good? You've been listening to me Chris and me Jacqueline on break Free and Trust are Redesign for Living.
Speaker 1: Tune in every second and fourth Monday at three pm on Transformation Talk Radio for more real conversations about life, death, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: Learn to connect with your intrinsic power to grow and heal, how to laugh at your own humanness and not take life too seriously.
Speaker 1: Through healthy conversations between the feminine and the masculine, you will learn how to harness.
Speaker 3: The power of relationship and the mirror, to befriend your.
Speaker 1: Shadow, and to trust that any obstacle that gets in your way is there to help you grow.
Speaker 2: For more information or to connect with us personally, visit the Way Dash Healing dot com. That's the Way Dash Healing dot Com