Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: If you were listening at the very end of the last hour, you know, about five six minutes ago, you might have heard me say hello as I was ending the segment, although you may not have because Jean might have already. You know, I think your mic was off because I didn't. Okay, well, I answered the phone because I was. I mean, it was it was the dealership that has been working on my car, and I'm pretty sure they close as far as the service department at five. I could be wrong about that, but I'm you know, I'm just I'm desperate to get my car back and get this thing behind me. It's been I don't know. I mean, it's it's not my fault that any of this happened, to be honest with you, and I know that, but like it's just been eating me alive, like just so pissed. And you know, I'm not somebody that usually carries anger. I mean, it's not like it's you know, I'm not going to lose my mind, but like, I'm not usually somebody that lets stuff get to me that long, because you know, I try my best. Some of the best advice I've ever been given was, you know, don't worry about things you can't control. I can't control it at this point. But then again, like if I just sit back and let this process play out, I may never see my car again. So, like, it's just been insane. So and by the way, the Neil Huffman Volkswagen Service department has been phenomenal. They've been great, They've been keeping me updated. I've talked to them quite a bit, and I still have never got a phone call from AutoZone. Anytime I've talked to them, it's me calling them and leaving messages, not getting a return call, and then finally getting them on the phone. It's been unbelievable. So for those who have not kept up, and I'm sure a lot of you don't care, but this is just raw. This is just within the last five minutes, I now have an update that just like I feel like I'm a I'm on a like a prank show or something, because the latest was that last week, a week ago, like literally a week ago was the last time that I got an update, and it was that they did get the main fuse replaced on my Volkswagen Atlas, and from there they were able to determine that the alternator was also fried because of the many failed attempts to connect the battery backwards. So main fuse, I guess, gave them the ability to see that the other stuff was an issue. And the other stuff was minor, but the alternator is something. They had to order the part for it. The Volkswagen dealership did, and you know, I knew that was going to take some time. So they said, probably, you know, within the next you know, with the next week, you should be you should be good. So I waited until six days later, and I called him earlier and I was like, Hey, just wanted to touch base, and I'm trying my best to let them know, like, hey, I'm not worried about you guys. I'm trying not to be a pain in your ass. But I'm just trying to figure out when, because here's the thing, there's gonna be a good chance that I got to go get it, like business hours, and I need somebody who can take me to get my car, which anybody that I know that would be able to do that is usually working. So I'm just trying to make arrangements to where I can go get my car and stop borrowing borrowing a work car. So I called him up the voicemail before the show started today. He just called me at the right about five o'clock and he gave me, you know, encouraging news that they're about to they're about to start putting the alternator in. And he also offered that like, we've got here a vehicle that while we're working on yours you can use if you need. Like they've not inconvenienced me at all, and they're offering to let me use a vehicle. I mean, like that's great customer service. And the hold up was that they actually got the part in earlier this week on Monday or Tuesday, but AutoZone said, no, we're not paying for that alternator. We're we're not going to we're not going to cover an alternator that was ordered specifically for, you know, by Volkswagen, because you know, Volkswagen's are rare vehicle. So AutoZone delivered an alternator that they can use that they're going to pay for like thirty minutes ago, and that's what he was calling to tell me that they're now going to start working on. It's like I almost cursed. These clowns have are have inconvenienced me in a major way while taking my money and not giving me a refund, not offering to do anything to help me out, and yet they're delaying me getting my car back because they're trying to save a few bucks. They can go all the way to hell. Like, I mean, am I being pranked?
Speaker 3: No, And you mentioned you almost cursed. I want to curse for you. I mean, And I don't know if this is AutoZone specifically the location you went to or AutoZone in general, but I think I'm with you on not going to it the very least the one that you went to anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, I'll I mean, let's be real, I'll never I'll never go there again, and it'll be something this is crazy, Like maybe you know it's not gonna be something that's gonna be weighing on my mind for many, many years. But this is an all timer. Like when it comes to like getting really terrible service, which I didn't even get service.
Speaker 3: I got robbed.
Speaker 2: They broke my car and took my money. That is a robbery. That's what happened here, Like I have a hard time and ever, you know, maybe this will just become a recurring thing for me, but I I have a hard time thinking I'll have a worse experience with a corporation than what I've just had here, which isn't over yet. I still don't have my car. I mean, I'm hopeful that I'll get it in the next couple of days. But like, you know, I will say this, and this doesn't make it right. This doesn't this doesn't like this is not an excuse for them, but their lack of like having a process and a stretch, Like you would think that things like this happened with a big corporation and they would have a plan in place in what they do when this happens, and they're all just kind of like, oh, I don't know, huh, But they don't work on cars. I now know why they don't know what the hell are doing, but like they don't, like, you know, it's not like they oftentimes work on vehicles and end up damaging them. And I guess I've never really thought about that. They're an autopart store, but you know, given you know, cars, car parts like car repair again, they're not the ones doing the job, but they have got all the tools that you need to fix your car, right, Like that's I mean, I just would assume that this isn't that rare, but maybe it is because they're all kind of like not. I mean, anybody I've talked to just doesn't have like they're not throwing out we've got these three options, what do you want to do? Really? Sorry, like they just they're they're they're useless. They're useless, and because like you got a district manager, you got a regional center, Like they're not thinking, oh wow, this guy who we took his money and broke his car, he's been without a car for two weeks, Like they're not sitting around thinking about that. I'm so angry. I should have answered, I should have waited till the end of the show and listen to the voicemail, but I didn't want to send it to voicemail because I wanted to get an update.
Speaker 3: And you probably thought it was going to be good news at this point, right.
Speaker 2: And honestly it is. And here's the thing. Me and my guy Ebro, who is the manager of the of the service department for Volkswagen within the Neil Huffman Auto group. He and I have been you know, he's looking out for me, Like he didn't have to tell me that, you know what I mean, Like he didn't have to tell me that they were like that. This is why, because I think he just, you know, he felt bad that it took a week for me to get some kind of an update. And he was explaining but like he has no problem throwing ouro zone under the bus to me, Like why what you know so AutoZone can go full hole for all week here at this Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm a lot of times just having fun on the show and doing whatever people want to call this. It can distract me from real life problems and in the grand scheme of things, a lot of people have it a lot worse than me. It's not like I'm making this out. I mean I feel like you got are probably entertained by how Autozones just bent me over for two weeks and you know, not even not even giving me a break. But it sucks, but the show. Let's get back to the show and have some fun and you know, not think about AutoZone a stupid company. And by the way, like that people ask me like they might spend money. Like nobody within iHeart, people are like, are you you know a good look for you to be, you know, blasting big corporations. It might spend money. I don't give a damn. I don't care if they spend a billion dollars here. They don't spend any money with me, And I'm not I'm not, you know, it's just a real I mean, this really happened. I'm not making it up. I'm not picking on them. I'm not just you know, saying hey, this place stinks because I don't. I don't like their logo. They've they've robbed me, is what they've done.
Speaker 3: Do you think at any point in the last couple of weeks anybody at that store has heard about this being broadcast over the year.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's no the district manager has okay, but I mean but not like in a way of take it easy.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 2: What he said was because I told him the last time I talked to this guy, when he told me, hey, we're going to figure out what we can do for you, and he never called me back a week later. But the time I said, look, if you call me and I don't answer, I'm a radio host and I'm gonna be on the air. Please leave a message. Don't think I'm ignoring your call, like I want to talk to you. I want this update, but just know that like if you call a certain time, I will not be able to answer and say, oh so you're yeah, you're the radio guy. I heard about that, so whatever that means. But the going back to two weeks ago, when when this happened, when I went in the following day to kind of like recess, okay, like here, what are we doing? Like how we you know, like you know, do I got to make some calls here and do your job for you and figure out how we get my car fixed so I can drive it. When I was telling the other employees the next day that we're not there the night of when these two people because I don't think they did it on purpose, but like still they're at fault and they wouldn't deny that, but like it's just insane that they that that happened. But when I was telling them, like why I'm there and what's going on, like the look on their face, I don't think I'll ever forget. Like they they they were they like they saw ghosts. When I mentioned what happened to my like why am I car? What was wrong with my car? And how we got there, Like it was like they were wide eyed, like they just saw ghosts because they like couldn't believe that like that happened, but you know it happened, all right. It's Coffee and Company. We are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. My name's Nick Coffee. The company man John Alden alongside as we take you up till six o'clock, about forty five minutes left here before we wrap it up. And this is a big day today, and not because I found out I should be getting my car back later this week, although I'm pretty sure we could go today. I said that and then I found out it wasn't getting it back. But either way, this is the last day without football on television to watch and wager until Bill November twenty seventh. That's Thanksgiving or after Thanksgiving. I don't know, is that Thanksgiving? There's football on Thanksgiving? So either way, we got football for the next fifty five consecutive days. Obviously we've had it every day but Monday, or we've had it every day but Tuesday and Wednesday since the season started. But starting this upcoming week, we're going to have a little maction I believe on Wednesdays and then on Tuesdays it is Conference USA. So that makes me excited. But this week of games not many good ones. We've got no games that featured two ranked teams. And if I look at this ranking here from twenty four seven Sports the best matchups the top ten games of Week six, louisvillles to use at number five, and I don't you know, I think that probably tells you from a national perspective, how like the schedule is this week overall. But it is a big game for both these teams. I mean Louisville, as we discussed yesterday, like.
Speaker 3: They really have.
Speaker 2: They have no room for error if they want to make the ACC championship game and the Notre Dame. The Notre Dame loss has nothing to.
Speaker 3: Do with that.
Speaker 2: But what's played out here is that SMU is probably right now and we'll see it as early. It's tough to really know just how good anybody is right now. But when you look at the ACC race, the two teams that are most likely to be there are Miami and Clemson. They don't play each other this year. If they play each other, it'll only be in the ACC Championship game. But Louisville has to play both of those teams. SMU already played Florida State, a team they thought was going to be a real challenge. They dominated them down in Dallas. So here we are in Week six where Louisville they've probably got their toughest ACC game of the schedule right now, that is not Miami or Clemson. So you know any ACC game is going to be big, knowing that you've got both Clemson and Miami on your schedule. But this is a this is a team that I respect as far as personnel, and you know, I think Louisll's better. I think they deserve to be favorites. But you got to come out ready to play. This team might get you. I think they're better than Georgia Tech. So you know, you win this one and you split with Miami or Clemson, that's your best case scenario to getting to the ACC Championship game. Of course, if you can, you know, beat the teams you're supposed to beat, and Louisville has struggled with that at times. And you know, you can lose to anybody if you don't come play well. So because SMU is I think a legitimate challenge here. Not to say that other teams won't present some type of a challenge, but you need to bounce back. You need to play clean football. Eliminate silly mistakes that are avoidable, eliminate sloppy penalties, get off the field on third down. You do those things, I think you'll come out, you'll win, and maybe you'll win big. I don't mean like blow them off the field, but maybe you'll win by I don't know, a couple of scores or something like that. And if you're SMU, you know they've got momentum right now. Their season looked like it was going to be a big disaster early on because they should have lost in Nevada. Then they lost in a really bad looking game to BYU. Later we learned BYU's actually pretty good. In fact, BYU is a top fifteen team right now, I believe. So they change quarterbacks and they're they're a one loss team, just sitting outside the top twenty five, and they look at this game as a big challenge for them, of course, but if they can get past Louisville. They're I mean, dare I say they're in the driver's seat for the ACC Championship game. I mean, again, anybody can lose to anybody if you don't come ready to play. And oftentimes you will see teams be in that position where they look like they've got the path. All they got to do is not screw up. And what do you know, they screwed up? But SMU schedule after this game. I mean, they've got we ran through it yesterday and I'm glad somebody on the text line kind of brought this up because I wouldn't have I don't think I would have thought to look at it.
Speaker 3: But they've got.
Speaker 2: Stanford, Duke, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Virginia, and Cal. Again, they could lose to those teams, but they lost to BYU. They beat a decent to good TCU team. I don't know, Maybe maybe I'm lying there. I thought TCU was solid. Maybe they're not. But maybe I'm still giving Sunny Dyke's lot of credit. But they beat the hell out of them sixty six to forty two, beat Florida State forty two to sixteen. So if they can get past Louisville, and look, it would be an upset. And if Louisville loses here, then you know, we gotta start evaluating some things. We got to call it out like it is and say, hey, we know the Loisvel's got the personnel to be good, but right now they're not a good football team. I mean, they can change that, but we got to if you're assessing things as you go. If you lose to Notre Dame with so many mistakes that you made, you played sloppy football, and you somehow come out and lose to SMU, we'll know that they can be better. But you are who you are. And if SMU can beat Louisville at Louisville doesn't mean it's impossible for them to slip up and lose to any of these other teams. But still they should feel like they can take care of business and beat all those teams. I mean, who's the best team out of those? I know, Duke's unbeaten, but like Duke, maybe the first it's Duke four and oh five and oh I think they're five and oh they haven't had a buy yet. Yeah, this is the first Duke five and oh team. I think ever, I think it might be the first time Duke started a season five and oh in program history, So maybe I'm not giving them enough credit, but they beat Elon, Northwestern, survived Yukon, Middle Tennessee State, and beat North Carolina about one point in North Carolina might in fact be the worst team in the ACC. That's not an exaggeration, by the way. So you know, Duke's got Georgia Tech, Florida State in SMU, and Miami in their next four games. Wouldn't be shocked if we revisit the conversation in November and they're five and four, not not kidding, And I know Florida State's looking looking down, but like, if Florida State can beat cal they can beat Duke, and maybe many do. Guys has success their long term, but like, I don't think Duke right now is a team that, like you can, you can look at as a ACC type contender. And they should have lost Northwestern, they ended up beating them in double overtime. So it's a big game for both teams and that has me excited. But I'm just hoping Louisville can come out and it'd be different if you came back from Notre Dame feeling like, oh, oh, we were humbled. We didn't realize we're not anywhere near where we need to be. We don't have the personnel we thought we had. But that's not the takeaway, at least for me. I would love to see much better pass protection for Tyler Shuck. But I'm also willing to acknowledge Notre Dames really good upfront defensively, But it's just about the little things. And yes, they are easily fixable, but sometimes teams commit silly penalties, make boneheaded mistakes, avoidable mistakes, and are just sloppy. And you know it's an easy fix. You know that it's not like you got to go make changes to the roster. You don't have to completely change your style and identity. It's just, you know, cleaning it up. But some teams know that and still get eight nine games in and that's what they do every week and it becomes part of their identity. I have a hard time thinking that's what happens with Louisville. But again, in real games against real teams, they were sloppy in both of those and I'm hopeful that they come out and are sharp and ready to play and put together a performance that gets to a win that I think will have some value. You're not gonna it's not like you're gonna jump up in the rankings by getting a win, but it certainly needed, no doubt. A couple of you on the text line have said that our previous guests there, who by the way, is really good, really good. I've just reached out to that guy today, Bill and Body and asked if he'd be interested in joining me, and he was great, really informative about the SMU side of things. And a couple of you have said that he scared you about SMU. Well, I don't know if he was intending to do that. He didn't scare me, but you know, they do have some pretty good personnel on the portal. Like a lot of teams, right, they've played better football as of late. So you know, I'm not ready to act like I think this SMUT team is, you know, a team that Louisville just can't match up with, but there's certainly a team that if you don't play well, they'll they'll take advantage of that. And I think rhet Ashley is a is a really really good coach for them. You got to wonder, like maybe if they if they start winning at a high level and he gets offers to go elsewhere like they got money at SMU, to where they'll say, uh no, we'll pay him double what Alabama can pay him. Not that he would ever get that job, but just a job like that, And that sounds crazy. But if you listen to the conversation and you've read about the financial situation for SMU with the billionaires that support them, that's billion with a B, they really could if they wanted to double the salary that any job would offer. And maybe he doesn't end up having enough success to where that's the case. But one thing that would really eat at me if I was SMU is that before Rhet Lashley was their coach, Sunny Dyke's was their coach. They let him go. He was thirty and eighteen. I'm sorry, I think he might have left.
Speaker 3: He's with tc now.
Speaker 2: I believe he is, but I don't know if he got fired or if he left. And that's a huge component here because I feel like he left and that is a better job because SMU was in the American and TCU was in the Big twelve at the time and they still are. But like he left there and then took them to a championship game in what his first year. So if you're SMU, you got to think, like, damn what, we had something special and either he left or we fired him. But RT lastly, again he hasn't taken him to a championship, but he has he has had some success there that that you know, was giving them some real momentum. I mean, I know I was in Some of you have reminded me that I was mocking SMU in a major way because they were hyped up as this team that could compete for the league. And what I didn't realize is that some of that when people are throwing up percentages to win the league, they're not basing it off of how good they think the team is. They're basing it off of the schedule. And even if Florida State was as good as advertised and that was their only loss, they still have a very favorable schedule, just like Louisville had last year. But since they've changed quarterbacks. You know, I watched them against Nevada because I bet on it, and I remember getting that one right because I just thought it was way too many points, Like, wasn't it like twenty something points.
Speaker 3: It was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was insane, and I just felt like, Okay, yeah, they're good. They'll probably win big. They should have lost. They were lucky to win, and then they lost to BYU, who we now know is really good. They've changed quarterbacks and they're in a good position. So I'm excited for this game. You know. I think we're going to learn about Louisville in a major way. Not to say that a big win means they're destined for the ACC title, but it'll be a nice response if they come out, play well and get a big get a big victory. All right, I'm over it already, at least for the time being. Phone's blowing up, though, so I don't know if like I got somebody calling me, I don't know. We'll see. Don't go anywhere. It'sffee and company. Feel abou Thorton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety Life in the fast lane? Is that you kicking me while I'm down without a vehicle? John?
Speaker 3: Now, this is you getting your vehicle after the fact.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it happens. I don't want to say I believe it when I see it, because it's in the hands now of the dealership, and they've been great, but you know, I still go back to what he said last week when he told me, you know, before we can release the vehicle to you, somebody has to pay. And I just my heart sunk because I'm thinking, I mean, should I expect them to follow through? No, But they did show up and try to pay before they were alerted that there's actually more damage to it. So hopefully they make another trip out there. But like, wouldn't that mean, like I can't say, I'd be shocked if like I can't get my car back unless I pay.
Speaker 3: For it, Like, man, that could be.
Speaker 2: That would be I mean, what am I gonna do? You just bend over and take it like I have been, I guess.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean if you were, you're spinning your wheels a little bit like I am, because you're sitting here probably thinking like, well, there's no like there's no way they can legally do this, but like, you know, what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Call the cops? I mean I are a lawyer. I mean I need my car, eat the cost and fight them in quart or something like that's the problem, like you've had, and then I have to pay for a lawyer and then they probably have way more resources to like, you know.
Speaker 3: They seem like they can't afford a better alternator for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, they can afford. They can afford anything. And that's what that's what pisses me off, is that they're just they're fighting small.
Speaker 3: They need to afford better employees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's for damn sure. All right, it's Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. If you have kids that attend JCPS, you need to send their ass to school. I just saw this from our phenomenal hard working reporter Paul Miles or News Radio eight forty w h as he put this out earlier on Twitter. The JCPS says they're going to be enforcing a new truancy law this month, so students in grades K through five who accumulate fifteen or more unexcused absences will be referred to the county attorney and parents and alreadians could face criminal charges. That sound serious, But I think I feel like I've always believed that, like you know, you can get in trouble legally if your kids not going to school. So I don't know, maybe this just could speed up that process to where they'll be making examples out of people. And as many kids that are in the JCPS school system K through five, is that like elementary school? I could, yes, Okay, Like I bet there's a ton that have fifteen or more unexcused absences, not because like it's a school system full of terrible kids, but just look, just do the numbers. There's so many kids, and of the however many, there are a lot. I mean, I bet there's a lot that missed school, probably for sad reasons too, or just because you know, maybe you know, I don't know, And I would assume what qualifies for an excused absence is like being sick or an appointment or death in the family. Like I'm sure there's a long list of things that are excused, but like just not showing up and not being able to give them a valid reason, Like you do that enough.
Speaker 3: Litl Like if we do that a couple times, maybe not even a couple you know, in a job, maybe not necessarily this job. I don't know. I don't want to speak for anybody who works for this company, but like we'd be canned quickly.
Speaker 2: And my daughter is is in and you have to I mean, you have to have some accountability. It's not that it's not that they probably just assume any kid that missed school is is lying about being sick. But there's a reason they ask you for a doctor's note because you know, if they didn't at least request that, then people would take advantage of it. That's that's life. But anytimes, like every Monday, I take my daughter to speech therapy and when we leave the office, they give me a note that I that I take in whenever I sign her into school that shows that she's that she's you know, there's any there's a reason she wasn't here, she's late because of that. And if I don't have it, like sometimes the doctor's office will forget to give it to me or I forget to ask for it, and and they'll fact send one. But until they faxed it in, that's an unexcused absence from from my kid. Not that they're like, you know, thinking we're lying, but it's just protocol. It's processed that you have to follow. So you know, I kind of feel like this will be something that that ends up being back in the news because they'll be there'll be people who get who face criminal charges because you know, they're not sending their kids to school. So, you know, I just thought that was worth sharing because I know we probably have a lot of JCPS parents out there that have kids in the in the school system, and you know, not only if they're going to miss, they may miss for a legitimate reason, but you're probably gonna need to make sure you've got some type of documentation and proof that they're they're missing for you know, the right reason. All right, So I talked about yesterday, but I never really got to it. I watched a Netflix series nine episodes roughly, you know, fifty minutes each, I think it was. I watched an entire series in one day, like actually two days. It took me two days, well a day, yeah, day and a half essentially, And it's so good. It's called Monsters. The Menendez Brothers, and I remember reading about this whole story years ago because I remember, you know, and it's a crazy story by the way, for those who don't know. I mean, it's about two rich snobs who murdered their parents. I mean, just took shotguns to their head and just blew them away. I mean, and I'm not spoiling anything, because one, it's a well known story what they did, but also it's quite literally the first thing you see when the show starts. It's one way to get your attention, and you know, it's a wild story. And I remember, like years ago, hearing about it and thinking like, wow, that's crazy. I mean, it makes sense why I don't remember it happened, like I think nineteen nineties when it took place, and you know, I was a baby at that time. But for years, I mean, it was a year's long story covered by you know, the Hollywood gossip TMZ type stuff before TMZ existed, So I don't remember it, but I remember reading about it. And I usually hesitate to watch these type of shows or movies that are based on a true story when I already know what happened, because I feel like I don't need to watch that. I know that they killed their parents, I know that, you know, I know how it played out with OJ Simpson. But yet any time I have actually decided to give these shows a shot, they're really really well done. I mean, I like anything that's based somewhat off of a true story, but it's really good if you haven't I mean I checked earlier today. It's still I think number one or number two in the top ten in the Netflix rankings. But it's I mean, really well done. Takes place in the late eighties early nineties, which you know there was some noschalga there for me, but Lyle and Eric Menendez, you know, they were convicted in ninety six of murdering their parents, and just the whole story itself, and it leaves you. And that's what a good show does, Like it leaves you still thinking about the story because you don't really know, okay, what they alleged happened. How believable is it? So you know, if you're looking for something to binge and really get hooked on that, I mean that that show was. It's one of the best shows I've watched on Netflix. I think the only two shows I've brought up in the last year or so where I was like, Okay, I got through this really quickly because it consumed me. It was this and Beef, which I still recommend for those who haven't seen it on Netflix. I don't think that got a whole lot of love, but it was really really well done. Beef that is, so check it out if you get a chance. And for those wondering, like how the hell could you finish that? Do you have a life? Yes, Like what I'll do is I will like yesterday or no, it was Monday. Monday, I went through like the majority of the show. So I started at the gym, watched a couple of episodes while I was on the treadmill, and then I ended up going home doing some laundry and I just had it on the iPad I'm doing stuff around the house, got through a bunch of it, and then on Tuesday night or was it Tuesday night? In fact, actually I finished it yesterday, so I finished it in less than twenty four hours. For reason, I was thinking I started it today's Wednesday, right, Yes, So I started Monday and I finished it on I finished it yesterday afternoon, so I watched a bunch during the day while I was just at home when I was at the gym, and then on Monday night I watched a couple more episodes, and then yesterday same the same thing. I went to the gym, watched a couple more and then finished it when I was eating lunch. So because of like technology and iPads, like I can I can carry my iPad on its stand and like go to room to room doing like chores and stuff and just being somewhat productive. But also, you know, watching a show that I was really into. When's the last time you watched a new show? John? And I don't say that to like make funny. I'm just saying, like, I don't binge. A lot of shows binge, but just like, try a new show that you liked.
Speaker 3: Man, it's just it's not recently not your bag, right, and got all the way through it was ted Lasso, and I heard they're making another season of that, which they don't need to. I mean, I hate I hate that they're kind of milking it because I think it ended nearly perfectly, and I think most people who saw ted Lasso would agree with that. I'll probably watch it. I mean, maybe it'll expand on it and make it, you know, fine, But I have a hard time believing that they'll find a way to end it as well as they did with the third season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of shows that go longer than they need to, but I feel like ted Lasso can do one season that may not be needed and it won't do a whole lot of damage because that is such a popular show. It's one of a few shows that i've that I've I can't think of anybody who's told me they watched it and didn't really really like it, not just say that they were a fan, but like they thought it was one of the better shows they watched in a long time. So I still haven't watched it yet, but and honestly, it just doesn't to me. There's nothing. The only thing that would make me watch it is because I hear how great it is. Yeah, the overall, Like I mean, it just does and it's not my cup of tea. As far as the type of show that it is, it's kind of like a comedy, feel good show, right, Yeah, that's just not really not that, you know, I would say that it's bad. It's just not something that interests me.
Speaker 3: But I think there's a lot of things that they tackle that you would enjoy and relate with, specifically once they get into the second season rarely.
Speaker 2: I mean, there are the two shows that I just assume I would like because I would be on an island by myself as Ted Lasso and Game of Thrones, and eventually I'll watch probably both of them. But what was it Bennetti said about He.
Speaker 3: Said, it'll make you a better person.
Speaker 2: You better person watching watching Ted Lasso will make you a better person. No, he never exaggerates, does he.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: So realignment has been active here lately, but not really with the big conferences, So it just hasn't got enough a lot of attention. But the Mountain West and then the Mountain West Plus essentially, which is this new PAC twelve. Uh, there's no big update that I wanted to share with you, but just some numbers that kind of make, you know, kind of make it make sense. So UTEP is joining the Mountain West, a league that apparently they've been trying to get into a long for a long time. They've been in Conference USA since two thousand and five. So when Louisville departed Conference USA to go to the Big East, and they you know, and they weren't the only one that did that. UTEP is one of those schools that join Conference USA and they've been stuck in that league since then. And Conference USSA has lost a lot of schools since then, right, I mean TCU I think was in the league at the time that happened. So they've been trying to get out and the Mountain West doesn't look like a you know, an elite league by any means, especially when you can when you look at the teams that they've lost. I still think both leagues are going to be pretty similar, to be honest with you, from a football standpoint. But to UTEP, this is huge. Just to give you an example, UTEP's television deal with Conference USA is estimated to be worth four hundred thousand dollars. I mean, that's a lot of money to you and I that's probably money that is a you know, just looking at that number, I'd say that stands out a little more than it does to other big schools. But just moving to the Mountain West, you're thinking, yeah, Conference ussay Mountain West, you know, same thing, kinda well know, So this move is going to take utup from making four hundred k annually from their TV deal with Conference USA to be making four million annually with the Mountain West. So that's putting them on a different planet. And then so it's a no brainer. But then you see Texas State they turn down the Mountain West to stay in the Sun Belt. And by the way, the Sun Belt does have a better deal than Conference USA.
Speaker 3: For football.
Speaker 2: But let's just say the new Mountain West deal is four million annually, because that's what it is now. It's going to be worth more whenever they get a new deal. I don't know how much more of it. Let's say it's six million, five million, even they're making two point four. Texas State is in the Sun Belt and they decided to stay in the Sun Belt at two point four instead of going to the Mountain West getting probably more than four. My only guess would be that this is what makes the most sense for them for what it would cost being a school that is in Texas having to travel to schools that are mostly in you know, California, Colorado, Arizona, that kind of stuff. So I don't know like that. That seems like an obvious move when it comes to the big jump and pay, but there would be added costs that might make it just not worth it. I would, and I think that's why you see schools like Memphis just decide that, you know, yeah, we'd probably look like a little bit of a better neighborhood for us, but it would be a lot more hassle and it really wouldn't be a big payoff for us in the end. All right, quick break will come back on the other side. Wrap this thing up. It's Coffee and Company. Feel abou Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety we're wrapping up a Wednesday edition of Coffee and Company. Thanks for hanging out with us when by really fast today, which I guess that's a good thing. I think it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Right, had a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Certainly a lot to talk about a busy show today, So thanks for hanging out with us. If you've missed anything, be sure to check out the podcast. You can find it on the iHeart Radio app. You can also find it on the Apple podcast app, and I believe there's other spots, but I don't know for sure, but I recommend you get it on the iHeart Radio app. I also recommend you keep Jefferson Animal Hospital in mind when it comes to keeping your pets healthy. I've talked a lot about how they're there for you in case of an emergency, which is true, and that's valuable any day, anytime, even holidays, Christmas. They've got a doctor on site in case an emergency happens, So please do keep that in mind and know that if an emergency does happen, you can rely on them, but it doesn't have to be an emergency. It could be you just wanting to get your pets checked out. Maybe they haven't been checked had to check up in quite some time. So you can call them, make an appointment, or just stop in and you know, talk to them. They'll be happy to see it. They're open twenty four hours a day again Jefferson Animal Hospital on aturl Loop FABO two nine hundred pets is the number again, BABO two nine hundred pets. Or you can visit Jefferson Vets dot com. All right, uh, we uh, we're about out of time here. I guess I'll remind you to make sure you remember to to to tune us in for for game day the noon kick in. It being SMU and so many people making the trip to Notre Dame. A few people have asked what I think the crowd's going to be like? And I usually try to avoid that, avoid that that question because one, I you know, I think we're a fan base that it's honestly pretty tough to figure out what the crowd's gonna look like for certain games. I would say, you know, more often than not. You know, we we are a crowd of fan base that'll that'll show up in a major way for a big event, a big game. I mean, I was impressed with how many people made the trip to Notre Dame because it's a big game, it's a big opportunity smu eh, there's a there's a lot on the line here. It's a big game in that aspect. But this isn't like big event because that's him us in town. But again, who knows, we'll see. I'm sure the crowd will be good enough and hopefully Louisville can can get a win. They need it. All right, have a good night, everybody. Talk to you tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety