Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and my goodness six we have Karen and Conrad in here with us with kawanas absolutely, my goodness sakes, it must be about that time for freedom fast.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine going by the year today? The year is half over, incredible and the big event coming up on Friday.
Speaker 1: All right, man, this is gonna be something else with Conrad and I know you've got everything all lined out at Soonder Park. Everything's got a spot everything, You've got a whole bunch of things going on.
Speaker 3: What you got, we try, We try, so you know, food truck Sam Boosts opened by five pm and opening ceremonies at six o'clock. Inflatables are going to be open at six o'clock and we kick things off at six with opening ceremony.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, I understand we've got a band performing this year.
Speaker 2: We do Radio Range. I know, I know that is a cool name.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: I tell you. Yeah, it's gonna be a jam packed evening and of course you know we're gonna enjoy the radio station being out there with us in there in their van. But Conrad mentioned inflatables once again. Truety Credit Union is sponsoring the the inflatables and Scouts from Troop six are going to operate the inflatables for us this year. I tell you that is one of the most popular activities at Freedom Fest. The kids just love the inflatables and there's a nice variety including a bouncy house of course, but some other things that you know we have. Once it starts getting dark and we have to close them down, it's hard to get the kiddos to stop, so they really they really enjoy that. But you know, there's lots of other stuff going on, including the food trucks and there'll be some booths out there with things to offer.
Speaker 3: But we then six fifteen, you're going to have the Patriotic.
Speaker 2: Right, So yeah, that's another one that everybody always enjoys. Six fifteen, the kids can start registering for the Patriotic Costume contest and parade and sponsored by and that is sponsored by DSR again. The stage this year is being sponsored by b Okay and you mentioned the band Radio Range. Our entertainment sponsor this year is spark Light, So we really appreciate the support from these businesses in the community to help us make Freedom Fest and our fire works. Gosh, fireworks time KNT. That's my favorite. I love the fireworks.
Speaker 1: Now, all the activity prior to the fireworks. It's going to be up by the bandshell there.
Speaker 2: It is going to be on the bandshell stage ow and the the parade will actually start on the hill on the south side of the bandshell and go around the bandshell and end up in front. While the parade is going on, we'll have judging so the kids can win prizes. We've got four categories. Most patriotic obviously, gotta have that, gotta have that, funniest, best Bartlesville Spirit, and best group spirit. So kids up to age seventeen can enter and we they can bring bikes, they can bring wagons. Just get out there decorated, costumed up in some sort of red, white and blue. That's the important it's red, white and blue.
Speaker 1: Conrad. Last time you guys were here, we were talking about the possibility of a flyover did begin anywhere on that.
Speaker 3: We still don't have confirmation, but we're still hoping that the World War two paratroop demonstration, the DC three plane that's housed at Bartlesville. They'll make a flyby as they head home from an event this weekend. So we're hoping that they're gonna be participating. And we still haven't heard from the National Guard yet, but we're still hopeful we'll get something from the National Guard at some point. So we may get something. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: National Guard. There's a lot of requests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did. You know, if we get them, usually they're down to the second, you know, when they're gonna fly over. That just amazes me. Down to the second they can pretty much know where they're gonna be at any time. But fingers crossed, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I can't even do that. I can't even those. They just amaze me, they just really do. So we got a lot of we've got a lot of sponsors, and we mentioned if you already, but I understand Conrad, it's going to be putting.
Speaker 2: Up the banner, right, Yeah, so the event banner. The event banner is up. It's at the entrance to Center Park, and he'll get the rest of them. All of our.
Speaker 1: Sponsors, one man job, really one.
Speaker 2: All of our sponsors will have a banner on Madison Boulevard. There at the entrance to the park, and you know, we really count on them, you know, to help us out. We've mentioned a few of them already, Sparklight, Be Okay, Trudy and DSR, but there are a lot of others Blue Peak Conco, Phillips, Jane Phillips Medical Center, Patriot Otto Group, Phillip sixty six, Sutterfield Financial Group, Visit Bartlesville, Scott Glick, Gillette Agency, and the list goes on and on, including our Best Bank First and our esteem senator and representatives. So they and we know for sure that Julie will be joining us again this year for our welcome ceremony. We all everybody always appreciates encouragement from our elected officials, and we're hoping jud and John will be out there too. But you know, it'll be a fun program. Of course, we're going to have the National Anthem will be the first item on the program and it you know, it's just going to be a fun evening. We'll see what the weather brings. Who knows, do.
Speaker 1: We have a special artist who's going to be a singing the national anthem?
Speaker 2: Julie, Yeah, Julie Pattison. Julie Patterson will be singing the national anthem. So we appreciate everybody participating and come out and eat some good food, truck food or your picnic baskets and lawn chairs, you know. And the finale fireworks at nine thirty.
Speaker 1: Where were we going to be shooting those off? But we're about in center Park. We I know you got a perimeter there, but where should they be looking?
Speaker 3: It's the same place as it always is a year after year. But between the swimming pool and the schools school that's there in the field there, we'll have a safety perimeter up and please don't cross the safety perimeter you you know, we do encourage people to have safety glasses so that you know, particles don't go into your eyes, because that'd be an awful way to celebrate the fourth ashes?
Speaker 1: Do fly ashes?
Speaker 3: Do fly particles? Do come apart from those shells?
Speaker 2: And oh, by the way, in Oklahoma, there is a chance there'll be some wind just a little bit, and we never know which way it's going to blow, so that will you know, that will affect how to hunker down.
Speaker 1: Well, you know when under fifty miles prior is considered light variable.
Speaker 2: Around well, you know, I always am amused when other parts of the country talk about wind of twenty miles an hour and we're like, oh, my goodness, really hard. But there are you know, there's so many places to park out there, you know, the school parking lots, the Sooner Park parking lots, and you know we always here too, people all the neighborhoods around. You can pretty much set in your backyard if you live in one of the surrounding neighborhoods, but you know, be sure to bring lawn chairs or sit on the hood of your car, whatever, whatever works for you.
Speaker 3: And everybody likes to leave right after the fireworks, so it's obviously going to be congested, so please be patient when you exit the park.
Speaker 1: Oh and it's freshly paved too, so worry about eating eat dust.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we probably don't want to talk about the paving that everybody has loved.
Speaker 1: But it's going to be great. It's going to be wonderful. And also we'll be playing some music on our sister station, one hundred point one KYFM. We'll have some speakers in the park, but for the best sound, you might just want to turn on your car radio to one hundred point one a FM to hear the patriotic music, as the things go boom in the night and flash before your eyes. It's going to be a spectacular event. Always is, and that is the Kawanas with Freedom Pest, which always lives up to its name. By the way, thank you a little bit about the Kawanis Club. You guys do a lot of things in the community. People see the Freedom Pest. They also very appreciative of the fishing derby and also the Christmas Parade. But you provide scholarship opportunities, right, we do.
Speaker 2: We offer scholarships to eighth graders, sophomores, and seniors throughout in the schools throughout Washington County. So that's, you know, our major fundraiser. We hadn't mentioned it yet, but Sooner Junior, the miniature golf course will be open on the fourth of July. It'll open up at six and as you know, it's open weekends Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from May through September. Plus more and more people are booking parties at Sooner Junior. It is quite a deal. Birthday parties, church outings, business outings, lots of events out at Sooner Junior throughout the season. But it'll be open and like I said, that's our major fundraiser helps us both with the fireworks and with the scholarships. So we really appreciate folks coming out and enjoying Center Junior. And but you know, we do count on our sponsors. We don't do it alone. Takes a village.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, and I think we've got a community connection in July, so we'll be revealing our Christmas pread theme and the Grand Marshal for the Christmas bread hits keep coming, right.
Speaker 2: I think we've got that. I think we've got that schedule for July sixteenth, Christmas in July.
Speaker 1: I think you never stopped. You never stopped. Kawanians, thank you again. You bless our community so well. Karen Conrad, thank you for being with us. Thank you Tom, thank you all right, folks, you've been watching and listening to