Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: By the way, last Saturday's Handle on the law, you called someone the nutwing. Of course I did, did the bull wing nut.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle he did.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. It's a Thursday, September twenty sixth week. We still haven't figured out.
Speaker 4: A good name for Thursday. I mean we have foody Friday, we have day Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Either Thursday is either no name Thursday, or it's a after.
Speaker 4: It's a day after Wednesday. Thursday. I know.
Speaker 3: Neil puts up his little thing behind him, thoughtful Thursday.
Speaker 4: I don't want thoughtful of the user the name of the show.
Speaker 5: I was nothing there thoughtful about this place there im in Thursday. I'm sorry, Pharamon men musical digital or Oh I didn't know that's a musical instrument.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. Okay, no, the answer is noted that one anyway. Good morning, Neil, Good morning, Willie Wolf. Hey Amy, that's a great left arm, the tan truck driver left arm.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go, and it's not very tan arm. Yeah, no it's not. You're you're pretty white.
Speaker 3: Uh yep, yeah, and not being white like a white person, white as in white. You go out in the sun. In thirty seconds, your sunburned.
Speaker 6: White, but it turns to tan after that.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, well people don't know that, and it becomes melanoma. Uh and your skin is one huge melanoma blister.
Speaker 4: Okay, you you're welcome.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to start the morning, uh Joe on an up.
Speaker 4: Up note, as you always do, as I always do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, life is just uh just got awful, terrible, but that's okay this morning.
Speaker 5: Amy.
Speaker 4: I think you're dying.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: But that's what make life so enjoyable. You know, love going to funerals, for example, love it. There's just something about that. I went to a funeral once, Jewish funeral. You know, Jews have to be thrown into coffin it's not even coffin boxes and then literally thrown in the ground. We don't do open caskets, we don't. So I went to a funeral friend of ours.
Speaker 4: Our mother died.
Speaker 3: Her mother died anyway, or it was her dad, I don't remember, but anyway, open casket, open casket. You know the suit the kids are throwing notes in and memorabilia from the family into the confident.
Speaker 4: I'm going, what is this about?
Speaker 3: And so walking out, the family of course is behind me and in way too loud as stage whispered normally, I said, the only thing that was missing was a pre singing Danny Boy.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately that was in front of the family and they were not happy at all. What good does sound effect that just shuts him down when he just starts spiraling in different directions.
Speaker 2: Buddy of mine, Tony just texted me and said, how about therapy Thursdays. I'm thinking that probably suits this best. Get someone on to just kind of go through your life and your issues with your mom and your dad and then get on and move on with the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, I have so many funeral death stories that I could go on for an hour and a half, hugely entertaining stories. Uh. In any case, good morning, cono, Okay, okay, one more before we start the news, yes or no?
Speaker 4: And the one more story?
Speaker 7: Sure? Sure, okay? I encouraging you.
Speaker 3: At a funeral of a very high place Catholic, uh, friend of a friend, and he had like hundreds of people there because he was a big deal in the Catholic church donated a pile of money. So as the casket is being rolled down the center aisle.
Speaker 4: And followed by priests.
Speaker 3: You know, with the incense and all that stuff, and the priests with the cross and the altar boys and all that. So there were a bunch of altar boys, one holding across, and then behind them are the priests a little bit farther behind.
Speaker 4: And this is how prescient I am.
Speaker 3: This goes back years before the scandal, years before the scandal.
Speaker 4: So I turned to at that point, I think it was Marjorie.
Speaker 3: I turned to her and whispered, and again way too loud whisper. I said, how many of those priests do you think are dorking the altar boys? Now, this is years before the scandal broke, Okay, I just want to let you know I am so on top of them.
Speaker 4: Wait that was a Catholic, you know, yeah? Yeah, Oh, I thought we're still doing the Jews. No, no, with a Catholic.
Speaker 7: No, No, We're moving on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're moving on. We're moving on. Enough of this, you know, I digress, which I normally do.
Speaker 3: Let's do it handle on the news, Amy Neil and me leave story.
Speaker 4: You want to move to Florida. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hurricane Helene, category four is going to be reaching landfall. Has it reached yet, I know near the Tallahassee area. When it does, it's going to just pummel the panhandle of Florida. They're looking at storm surges up to twenty feet. That is insane. I mean, this beyond life threatening. You get anywhere near there, you're dead. See it's a death story, but it's a legitimate death story.
Speaker 4: Florida might move to you. Yeah, I mean it's it's thank you.
Speaker 3: It's mandatory evacuations, and people are paying attention to this one. You know, unless you're in a hotel or you live in and if you're in a condo six stories up, you're gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: You won't have power, but you're not going to die.
Speaker 3: If you're close to the ocean and you're in a flat, if you're in a one story building or two or three story buildings, you're in trouble.
Speaker 6: Calls from all are growing to stop the fighting. The US, France and other allies have all joined together and are calling for an immediate twenty one day ceasefire between not Gaza in Israel, but Lebanon and Israel. The fighting there has killed more than six hundred people in Lebanon in recent days. Hesbola fired a ballistic missile at Tel Aviv yesterday that was intercepted, but it fired it. And Israel has been telling its troops to get ready for a ground operation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it looks like war. His wallet doesn't know what is doing at this point, doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 4: It knows what it's doing, but.
Speaker 3: Doesn't know what to do in the wake of those pagers blowing up and the walkie talkies and the incredible number of hits on targets like fifteen hundred and one day, and they don't know what to do. And here is the part that at some point Hezballah has to sit and announce their solidarity with the Palestinians and Gaza as brothers and willing to go to war for them. Is it going to be Are they going to reach that point, because it's going to be a full scale war.
Speaker 4: Israel is not screwing around.
Speaker 3: Remember the missiles started launching October eighth from Lebanon and they have not stopped over one hundred a days sometimes, So we'll see what's going to happen, and the whole world is reeling at this point, scared of a war. Iran is looking at this. I mean, everybody understands. The only people that want a full scale war here is on us. They would love the Arab world to go to war with Israel.
Speaker 7: All right, Congress did the bare minimum.
Speaker 2: Yay, Congress, they approved legislation yesterday for a stop gap spending bill and a two hundred and thirty one million dollar infusion to the Secret Service. And this of course heads off the government shutdown. So yeah, and boost the security for presidential candidates.
Speaker 7: Ahead of November.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The big story here is that Donald Trump called for the shutting down of the government unless what some of the Republicans wanted was added to the bill, was you had to show your ID to vote. And yet a lot of people said no, and the president, former president said, then you shut it down. And this time Mike Johnson actually put a coalition together that said no. Because remember when and former President Trump told him to shut down the immigration bill, they reversed themselves overnight. They had passed it, or it was to be passed. It was bipartisan, it was going to go on the floor. Trump said no, and Mike Johnson immediately pulled it off. I was thinking the same thing was going to happen here, you know, But the former president says, shut it down, you shut it down, and they didn't.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 3: They said, no, we're passing this thing. We're not going to shut down the government. So, you know, good for Mike Johnson on this one. And he had to go to the Democrats for this too. He had to go to the Democrats to vote the ongoing bill until December twentieth.
Speaker 2: Why does anybody have issues with people in an election having ID.
Speaker 4: You got me.
Speaker 3: I don't have any problem. I don't have any problem with mandating ID at all. But you have among you have among Democrats for the most part, saying that mandating ID somehow disenfranchises poor people, homeless people who don't have ID. That's why you have voting by mail because you want to make it easier for people.
Speaker 2: That's why you want if people don't have stamped or a mail, well no, no.
Speaker 3: Because it's no it's pre stamped. Everything is pre stamped. You don't pay for this stamp.
Speaker 4: It's it's going to be.
Speaker 3: The philosophy is that if you're poor, you have to make it as easy as possible. I'm surprised they don't vote for you, because that's the next step. So I agree. Now, the only thing, the only thing that makes the argument for you don't have to have ID is that every time.
Speaker 4: Anybody has looked at it, and the argument.
Speaker 3: That means fraud. If you don't have to have ID, massive fraud. That doesn't happen. It just doesn't happen. People who vote generally are entitled to vote. That's what all the studies show. And okay, I mean that's the argument, but you know, so be it. For example, voting by mail, a lot of Republicans say that invites fraud, and there's massive fraud. That was one of the arguments that was made during the election Denier Denier folks part of their lawsuits. This is fraud, This is fraud. You make us so easy to defraud you do, but no one does.
Speaker 4: So that's the only argument.
Speaker 3: But you and I are on the same page on this one where I'm fine with showing ID.
Speaker 4: Hey says, right there, citizens are to vote. That's the law. Okay, let's move on. Big trouble for the mayor of the Big Apple.
Speaker 6: Federal agents have searched New York Mayor Eric adams home. They seized his phone. Apparently this morning, prosecutors are getting ready to unseal the details of a criminal indictment against him. Adams and his campaign have been under investigation since twenty twenty one for allegedly conspiring with the Turkish government for illegal donations.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you. He said, number one, he would remain in office.
Speaker 3: You're not going to resign because according to New York law, you don't have to resign when you're indicted or accused. And all the charges are entirely false, based on lies. And I always knew if I stood my ground for all of you, I would be a target. Because I'm on your side, I am a target, and a target I became. That's basically saying, yeah, I did it all yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That's legal speak.
Speaker 3: For okay, you got me, yeah, lovely all right. By the way, I believe he's going down. When the Feds indict and they charge, it's ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Percent certain that there's a conviction.
Speaker 3: They don't charge unless they have you by literally they have you by the nuts who were also charged on my ad Am, I allowed to say that.
Speaker 4: By the way, no, no, okay, fair enough, we can move on, all right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of nuts, Vladimir Putin warned the West just yesterday that Russia could use nuclear weapons if it was struck with conventional missiles. So basically what I'm saying is if anyone helps, if a nuclear power helps in any way in this attack, it's going to look at it as a joint attack.
Speaker 4: Well, they're already helping.
Speaker 3: This has to do with adding certain long range missiles that the West is holding off on to Ukraine, which they're going to open up. He said, the same thing. You send fighters, it's gonna be nuclear war. They send fighters, you send medium range missiles. We're going to attack. We're going to view that as a declaration of war. Okay, we did. Now if you send them these longer range missiles, we figure we're going to declare that. Assume that that is a declaration of war, and we're going to respond.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we're going to use our nukes.
Speaker 3: Do you really think he is going to risk blowing up the world because if he unloads, everybody else unloads because of Ukraine, Well, he'll use tactical nukes, is what he'll use. He won't use strategic nukes, so small grade nuclear weapons I just take out you know, like a kilometer in diameter, is opposed to taking out an entire city.
Speaker 2: So it's like a crazy boyfriend who's like, if I can't have the world, nobody can have the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and every time and putting lines in the sand, the red lines that are crossed and crossed and cross so you know, at some point does the cave or at some point does he say, Okay, that's enough. I mean, Russia isn't any any trouble. Well it is financially, but it's become.
Speaker 4: A prior nation because of this.
Speaker 3: I don't know why Putin did this, well because he thought he'd have Keyev in three days. And the guy is nuts about the Ukraine. He has been nuts about Ukraine ever since he could.
Speaker 4: Figure out the history of Russia. Okay, so we'll see, nothing's going to happen. Hopefully, maybe I'm wrong and I'll be called I'm talking to you from a bombshelter tomorrow. We don't have any.
Speaker 6: So still on Ukraine. You know how former President Trump likes to counter punch, doesn't like it when people say bad things about him.
Speaker 4: So that's what he did with Ukraine.
Speaker 6: Yesterday he described Ukraine's people as dead and the country itself as demolished. He had argued that Ukraine should have made concessions to Putin in the months before the Russian attack in February of twenty twenty two, saying even the worst deal then would have been better than what we have now.
Speaker 3: Now there's a problem with that. Number One, there wasn't a demand from Russia that Ukraine give up eastern the eastern part of Ukraine. I don't remember any demands. It was simply an attack made on Ukraine, and then the justification was it's ours.
Speaker 6: So it's to take over the whole country.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, you know what, in the end, they're not going to take over the whole country. If they cut a deal, it's if they come to an agreement, it'll be eastern Ukraine.
Speaker 4: They're not going to take over all of it. That's one.
Speaker 3: Two is does do the Ukrainian people say, you're right, mister president, we're dead, we're demolished. We're going to cut a deal because no matter what, it's better than what we have now. And the fact that I like the idea that President Trump said on day one he will end that war.
Speaker 4: Day one.
Speaker 3: Ukraine will say, you got it, We're stopping, and Russia, of course will say. Putin will go, okay, we're stopping the war because you say so and so's it's that crazy, I mean, become that nuts. But the people of Ukraine are not dead. A lot of them are. And Ukraine is not dead, and it is not demolished. Some cities are, but not the entire country. All right, as we move on.
Speaker 7: Gosh, anything without war would be nice.
Speaker 2: China says it's successfully fired an intercontinental ballistic missile into the Pacific Ocean on Wednesday, And this is a pretty rare public test that analysts said was meant to send a message to the United States. So look at our missile is bigger than your missile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's a big deal. I mean it landed where it was supposed to land. And ballistic missiles are not just missiles.
Speaker 4: They go up.
Speaker 3: Into space and then they come down right where they're supposed to and there's no defense to them.
Speaker 4: Virtually very difficult.
Speaker 3: And it's an ICBM, which stands for I think inter Chinese Bowel Movement.
Speaker 4: Do I have that right. I've always wondered what that stood for.
Speaker 7: Intercontinental missile.
Speaker 3: I see, yeah, intercontinentibilistic missile. I like the first definition.
Speaker 4: It's just better. It's a Chinese food joke. Never mind.
Speaker 6: Sure taking a deeper dive into the implosions.
Speaker 4: Oh, very strong, that's very good.
Speaker 6: Thank you of the titan submersible. Of course, five people died. They were on their way down to the Titanic when the little mini sub imploded. And so they've been doing testimony getting more information the Coastguard.
Speaker 4: Today we'll be hearing.
Speaker 6: From someone from NASA, also someone from Boeing, someone from the Coastguard sector, impuget sound and commercial vessel compliance. They're saying basically that the submersible just was not in great condition to go down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Badly designed, badly built. Hey, I have a quick question. I'm going to digress for a moment. Amy, you did a story about that woman who was arrested at Disneyland because she tried to get her kids in for free and saying they were under three, and then cops were called, et cetera, and she refused to show her ID and then she was arrested. What if she and I'm asking you because I don't know, and this is a question that I'm interested in, and I think it's fairly legitimate.
Speaker 4: What if she were to say, Okay, I'm caught, I'll just pay for my kids.
Speaker 6: They gave her that opportunity.
Speaker 4: Wow, boy, she sure showed them, didn't she. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, kind of heartbreaking the video of it, of course, it's on TikTok and the kids are screaming and she's being let off. But apparently she had done this several times.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sounded like a repeat offender from what I heard as well. And the fact that one of the kids was shaving right there before going in probably.
Speaker 7: Gave it away.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: So Dove gav knew some vat Toad this was a fallsy move.
Speaker 7: He towed a bill that would have helped black.
Speaker 2: Families reclaim or be compensated for property that was unjustly taken by the government.
Speaker 7: He goes on to say that, listen, you.
Speaker 2: Need a reparations agency that doesn't exist basically, and there was no way to implement this, So there's still steps that need to be taken here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not that he's inherently against this he just according to this bill, the procedures just it wouldn't work. Even there were black activists who were in favor of representations, said this isn't gonna work, and just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't blame him on this one. Now, you really it was messive. It would have just been pushing for something.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is fairly limited to begin with.
Speaker 3: This is only land that was taken from black families through eminent domain that the state still owns, which is really limited. That black family that got back the beachfront property that we talked about a couple of years ago, it was empty the land that the state owned, so that was fairly easy to give back.
Speaker 4: How do you give back.
Speaker 3: Land to a black family that is now a you have a supermarket or you have a mall on or a housing project.
Speaker 4: Well I got to write them a check and then do you give it back the land.
Speaker 3: As what's worth it, what the development would sell for you know, three billion dollars. So this is going to be difficult. This reparation's business is going to be difficult. And the reparations for families that were connected to slavery, I think that's ridiculous. However, families that own property in the state that the land was taken for bi eminent domain. I mean that you're only talking maybe one hundred years ago, maybe eighty years ago.
Speaker 4: That's a different animal.
Speaker 6: Okay, I hate this story. It ain't easy being Asian. A new survey released yesterday shows forty nine percent of Asian Americans were victims of a hate act in the US last year. And as we know, there was a wave of high profile hate crimes at the beginning of the pandemic because of the origins in China and all of that. But now the new study shows the Asian American community faces pervasive levels of hate under the radar, from parking lots and public transit to workplaces and colleges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't have a good history of how we deal with our immigrants, and we've had an open policy.
Speaker 4: We love our immigrants.
Speaker 3: Historically, come on in open arms and me Lazarus, give us your retcher, you're poor. But look at what happened I mean historically, you know, and excluding slavery, which is the original sin, but look at the anti Chinese rhetoric when we bought the when California brought the Chinese to build the railroads and they couldn't bring wives and it was just horrible. Then the Irish coming in, and then the Jewish pedlars coming in at the turn of the century, and then the Japanese with the internment camps, and then the gol for where every Erab was at risk, the FBI and Dearborn Michigan where all the iraqis live.
Speaker 4: Rocky immigrants.
Speaker 3: You know, they put agents in every single mosque, not one incident of anti Americanism, and so now you get Asians that are being nailed. Why, well, I think a lot of it has to do with COVID nineteen came out of what it came out.
Speaker 4: Of, wu Ha or Wahoo, Yeah, Wuhan. Yeah. The tacos are the Waahoo right.
Speaker 2: No, yes, Wahoo tacos which don't have any sort of okay, COVID Okay delicious Okay.
Speaker 3: Now Wuhan is where that Chinese lab developed COVID and then released it purposely to infect us.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yes, yes, okay had a drive through windows where you get confused.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where you could pick up COVID almost immediately.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's our history in the United States, and it's not good.
Speaker 4: It is not good.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go ahead and take a break and we will return.
Speaker 4: Especially the rhetoric over the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm not saying as Donald Trump. I'm saying as Donald Trump was a lot a big part of It's no surprise there Ammy. Anytime I can do an anti Trump screed, I do. Okay, no one even pays attention anymore on the Morning show. Oh there goes Handle.
Speaker 4: Hey, he doesn't stop.
Speaker 2: If you could prove that Trump caused global warming, I.
Speaker 4: Would do it.
Speaker 7: He thrilled.
Speaker 3: And he doesn't cause global warming. He just denies global warming.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: We've been hearing about the North Carolina Guba tatorial candidate Mark Robinson, if you remember, talk about him posting some really horrible things on a porn site, racist in the like. He's hired a law firm to pro the CNN report that unearthed all these shocking comments that he allegedly made, and he says there's salacious.
Speaker 7: Lies and his Handle and Amy have talked about throughout the week.
Speaker 2: There hasn't been anybody else that has corroborated the story. They've just merely reported on what scenes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that Amy do you find that to this day there's been no corroboration.
Speaker 6: Unusual, yes, because usually it'll come out and then other people.
Speaker 4: Will look at other people report it. Yeah, none of that. And here is his problem.
Speaker 3: He said, I will not let these tax these attacks distract us from sharing a better future for our state. Okay, that's submitting that everything is true. You can't say stuff like that. Every time you deny, you're admitting in the world of politics. But it's going to be really interesting if it turns out that those reports are false and he was not involved, CNN is going.
Speaker 4: To just take it in the shorts.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, and they're standing by it and usually see it. End does not make this stuff up. This isn't Newsmax or info wars. It's going to be fascinating. By the way, there's no one who's backing him up. I mean, everybody on his side is bailing. You know, all of his staff is bailing, other politicos, conservatives, they're all bailing. So it's fascinating story. Oh Michael Cohen star story.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, So remember last time Trump ran for president and all these celebrities came out and said, oh, if he wins I'm leaving the country. Well, Michael Cohen is the latest one to say that he's not exactly a celebrity, but he's former President Trump's ex personal attorney, and he did an interview with MSNBC's Nicole Wallace and he said, I'm out of here. I'm already working on a foreign passport with a completely different pame.
Speaker 3: You know, I wonder I hear a lot of people doing that. I know a lot of people who actually have and are moving. Italy seems to be the go to place.
Speaker 6: But doesn't Trump.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I don't think it helps, but I think it's the whole political life in the United States that people are just disenchanted with America and they want to move to another country to be disenchanted with because the grass is cleaner and it is not.
Speaker 2: Don't you think that he's a little different though, Amy he's not like a celebrity or something saying I don't he's someone who pissed off Trump. That Trump could be in a position to go, hey, guess what, payback's a bitch.
Speaker 3: And by the way him saying that is, I don't think that has any there's a word there. I don't think it has any validity, or he doesn't have any influence. Yeah, I mean, I don't think anybody cares. You'd expect him to say that. It's everybody else who says it. And as you pointed out, Amy, a lot of people did say it the first go round. And I don't know anybody who did move because of Trump being elected. We'll see this time around if Trump gets re elected, are people actually going.
Speaker 6: To move mass exitus out of the Yeah, I'm not voting.
Speaker 4: It's the children of Israel leaving Egypt.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm not personally voting for the guy, but I will tell you I will help Jay joy Ahar pack if she has a problem.
Speaker 3: Well, and I can just see this great massive people for example, moving southward and the Rio Grand parting in the water, the three inches of water and the Rio Grand partying so people can go across. I can just it's a great visual.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 2: All right, Ups, If you look for a job, they intend to hire over one hundred and twenty five thousand employees to handle deliveries this holiday season.
Speaker 7: The website.
Speaker 2: Said that nearly seventy five percent of its seasonal jobs don't even require an interview and applicants can get a job offer in about ten minutes or so. So package handler is twenty one bucks an hour. Seasonal package delivery driver twenty three dollars per hour. Commercial diruct Wait, where's Kono going Kona?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: Oh, commercial driver's license driver is twenty three dollars an hour.
Speaker 3: So you know, so let me ask this. If you don't even we're gonna have no crew tomorrow. Yeah, if you don't require an interview. I'm assuming, for example, people with one arm can get hired as package handlers.
Speaker 4: I would. I will tell you twenty one bucks an hours.
Speaker 2: In my area are great. They're nice, they're they're super efficient. They you know, wave until they seem attentive on the roads.
Speaker 4: Yeah they are. And sorry am I mean everybody is pretty good about that. To delivery miss.
Speaker 2: With Amazon, good ups is solid and our postal people are solid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've got an Amazon story coming up at seven point thirty about Amazon drivers and I'll be doing that in the meantime.
Speaker 4: We're finished with this.
Speaker 3: This is KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch my show Monday through Friday. Six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.