Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. This very moment, Quincidentley four oh six on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is truly one of the sweetest moments of the entire year, right, I mean, for for almost everybody, because it's at Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Most people are going to have Thanksgiving off. And for a lot of people if it's if it's not their favorite holiday, it's in the top three because you know, it's just family and you're together, and it's just the world slows down for a few hours. And there's that tradition because so people are planning to get together and then an awful lot of people, you know, I have Friday off. I know not everybody, but a lot of people have Friday off. So you got a good chunk of folks who are sitting here at four oh six on a Wednesday afternoon just looking for to you know, one of the very best stretches of the year for them. So it's just it is a sweet moment. Then we all know, you know, we get to Okay, it's now six thirty Sunday night or whatever we're saying. Man, I wish it was four o'clock on Wednesday afternoon again, just because it is such a cool time. So just thankful for that, enjoying that and really appreciate you being here to enjoy it. And there is so much to enjoy, right, Because my guess is, even if you are left eat that, you're you're feeling it now. You may never admit it. It may be grudging, but you're feeling it now. Things have changed. It's there is real hope now, you know, not that sugar high phony stuff. That there is real hope now, and we can see it playing out in tangible way. So I just think that there's a much more positive, lighter, optimistic mood going into this Thanksgiving than I think we've had chief.
Speaker 2: Since I can remember.
Speaker 1: So we got that going for us, right, And the famous words of Bill Murray eight five five four zero five A two five to five the number more importantly, text me today if you would d an five seven seven three nine, and we're gonna it's gonna be a lot of fun, I think, because I know you're probably thinking about Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, and if you relatives, friends in laws, this, and that, you're just bound, statistically bound, especially in Colorado, to have somebody in the mix, you know, who disagrees with the political politically, pardon me, somebody who's probably on the left, somebody who's you know, at least in the past, used to be a Trump hater.
Speaker 2: And so you know, you've got to figure out, Okay, how are you going to approach it tomorrow? Are you going to just not talk politics at all?
Speaker 1: Which I would never criticize anybody for. I mean, my wife and I, you know, thirty years of phenomenal marriage at this point in significant part due to the fact we learned early on we just can't talk politics. So I'm I'm never going to criticize anybody who just writes it off for Thanksgiving dinner. Personally, I think it's a lot more fun to think about different ways to work it into the conversation. And you know, it's always better if it's tinged with a little bit of humor. But they think, I think there are so many different ways you can start with the opening prayer, right, did do you lead the prayer? Rye At like Thanksgiving dinner, do you lead the prayer? Do you try to avoid leading the prayer?
Speaker 3: I've done it before. I'm not the go to guy necessarily every time. Okay, depends on the circumstances. And maybe if it's my turn in the rotation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you won't dodge it if you're asked right, right.
Speaker 1: And and our son Joe, it's really fantastic. And Caroline is a tremendous leader of a young Christian group and very very faithful. And Joe, I think part of it was, you know, his role on the football team. He was a captain of the football team at Cherry Creek, the privilege of playing for Dave Logan, and so Joe would often get called on to lead prayers in that context, and so he kind of developed a thing for us.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like every Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, Hey, Joe, you want to lead the prayer, and he never ducks that. He does a great job with it. In fact, you know, I know we're all thinking today, and honestly, I do think it's a key to life. Every day. I don't do it as well as I should, but I try to start every single day. My mom taught us this grown up first thing you do, first thing you do when you wake up is think of five things you're grateful for. And that was way before Tony Robbins or any of that. I mean, that was just my mom sou side of Chicago. Hey, think of the five things you're grateful for to start the day. And I think that's absolutely right on every single level and has a chemical effect too. So I know today we're especially focused on that. But so I remember with our son Joe, and he flew in late last night from law school. He'll be with us tomorrow. But I'll tell that story later. I have better make sure it's okay with him if I tell it. It's a really positive, cool story, but it might be a little too personal. Eight five five ur zero five A two five five the number techs d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: So what would love your text on? You know?
Speaker 1: In particular jokes, because I think the key to tomorrow if you want to venture into politics at all, and I always do, I think the key to tomorrow is is two things.
Speaker 2: It's humor and unity. And though I say both the same, one as an age and one as a you obviously, but it's humor and unity.
Speaker 1: And on the humor side, I think what's really safe tomorrow are Kamala Harris jokes. I really do because and this is not meant as a shot, I think it's just true. I think we got past election day and the vast majority of people on the left can now see. Maybe they couldn't before because they were so caught up and you know, Orange Man bad, but they can see now that that this Kamala Harris thing was truly a joke, that she was never qualified to be president, and and it would have been awful. And they can see that now that their kind of spell has been broken. So I think Kamala Harris jokes are are kind of fun for everybody and a unifier. They aren't going to make anybody mad. And and so I think Kamala Harris jokes are are very very effective tomorrow. One of the things, how many good ones text us?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 4: Yes? All of them? Five seven, seven three nine.
Speaker 3: That assumes, though, that the liberal participants have a sense of humor, And I'm not going to jump to that conclusion necessarily you are jaded. What I will do though, and I think this works and you know what, it's worked. Even with my own family members who hate Trump, when I bust out the Trump impression and start making fun of him, they love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you have a unique ability to do that. Not all of us do. Not many people can do the Trump impression. So they're very very dan and just tell it like it is.
Speaker 1: No, No, you have got that talent, my friend. You have got that talent. When you know, when God was sitting up there and thinking, Okay, what do we.
Speaker 2: Give this guy?
Speaker 4: That's all I do.
Speaker 1: You know it was Trump impression. Yeah, this guy he gets the Trump impression. No, that is really good. But but no jokes, Kamala Harris jokes.
Speaker 2: You can't go wrong.
Speaker 1: There are no Kamala Harris loyalists. And you know, one of the things that's going to make Thanksgiving so much better tomorrow, besides kind of the general overall feeling of optimism moving forward, is there are so many fewer Trump haters and those who do still hate. The temperatures turned down a lot, not for all, but most, you know, since election Day, and I think the reason for that is again, people take a step back and can see how this harrisoning would have been a disaster. But also Trump has been legitimized, and there had been this effort to delegitimize him since the day came down the escalator, but he has truly now through this victory, he has been legitimized. And so I think there's just a much different attitude in America tourtum and some of it shows up, you know, and the good approval ratings and all that stuff, But I'm just talking about real world what you feel stuff, and he has been legitimized. And one of the reasons why is think, what's in our American DNA, just what we all inherently respect, sometimes is grudging because we may disagree with the person and other stuff, but we respect fighters, we respect courage, we respect people who get off the mat, people who are faced with kind of unimaginable challenges and they overcome them at the hero's journey. It's in our DNA. And so I think there is so much more respect for Trump right now and so much less hate just for the fact he was able to overcome all of that, let alone for the positive reasons to support them. So I think that's going to make Thanksgiving dinner that much easier, make politics safer. But I would respectfully suggest and I believe me tomorrow requesting lots of things, but I would respectfully suggest that that A key is you can talk political issues, in my opinion, at dinner with plenty of liberals there if if if I'm focused on the issues that are more unifying, right, because there are certain things that were really big on the Trump agenda that no nobody can really disagree with. You know, these things like uh, yeah, yeah, you know, we should get the criminals out of the country. So folks here illegally who've committed other crimes, every reasonable person is going to agree that they should go. You know, people actually committing other crimes should go.
Speaker 2: So that that's.
Speaker 1: Something big everybody can agree on. You know, I think everybody can agree that. But boy, it's going to be great. It's going to be great to have lower prices. Everybody knows prices are too high, right, I mean, there are just these different points that I think so many people can agree on, and I think just focusing on those during Thanksgiving dinner. Another one is is you know, parts are parts you know can't have, can't have males with penises and girls' bathrooms and showers everybody sees that that's another positive thing. Might want to wait for the rate part of dinner to get into that. You know the fennyl and Trump now is stepping up with the tariff thing. He's going to use the thread of those tariffs. He's going to make China and Mexico shut down this chemical attack on our country. You have fast majority of people can agree on that, so they're so I personally, I'm going to stick to those more unified issues.
Speaker 2: But on the humor front.
Speaker 1: Let me know your good Kamala jokes, and I've got some thoughts on how to work some kind of subtle jabs into the into the prayer.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 1: A lot of people who don't like Donald Trump, I think, now see him as legitimate, even admire him for for the way he overcame all that. It's going to make Thanksgiving much easier with the lefties tomorrow. But I think Youmer's key. So I want to get your best Kamala jokes because listen, everybody can see at this point, right she would have been a total disaster. America dodged a bullet and so I think everybody can you know kumbaya around Kamala jokes tomorrow, So go to lines on those right now. And if you need a reminder, this this is recent. This is like her video message yesterday, And if you haven't seen it, let's just say, you know, she's a very attractive human, not not her best look in this video, and it sounds like it, right.
Speaker 5: I just have to remind you, don't you ever let anybody take your power from you. You have the same power that you did before November fifth, and you have the same purpose that you did, and you have the same ability to engage and inspire. So don't ever let anybody or any circumstance take your power from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you got to see the video, but you can hear it, right.
Speaker 1: And it's a good reminder to me that I need to start drinking more in twenty twenty five because I enjoy a drink here and there.
Speaker 2: I've had one drink all year.
Speaker 1: And seriously, I've been thinking I need to drink some more in twenty twenty five, and she is a good reminder of that. I don't think that's going to be her resolution, but Elaine in Denver. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 6: Hi there, Dan. You were mentioning about good Kamala jokes for Thanksgiving around the table, and I saw a skied on SML Night Live where Maya Rudolph playing Kamala. She was having a some kind of a party for her step kids, and so she says to them quote, she says, even though I'm not your Mamala, We're going to create some dramaa here in our pajamaas. So those are the only three, those three rhyming words that I remember, But it went on to be it was funnier than the way I'm oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I know the one you're talking about, Alane. But thank you for that, because you're you've reminded people everybody can work Mamala in somehow. Tomorrow there's a way to work Mamaala into the conversation and that'll make everybody laugh because he had all these celebrities out there seriously saying it, which just goes back to a lot of different things. Carlos and Milliken, you're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hey Dad, I love the topic. I got a joke for or Kamala Harris, yes, sir, or for all the Hispanic voters I voted for Trump, we call her Kamama la Herry.
Speaker 1: Okay, any any particular meaning? Okay, Right, appreciate the call.
Speaker 8: Di'le tones the punchline eight five five five eight two five five the number if you just joined us saying, Kam'm talking about ways to successfully navigate Thanksgiving tomorrow, fun ways, you know, when you.
Speaker 1: Have liberals at the table, and I'm just suggesting humor, and particularly Kamala Harris jokes because everybody, everybody gets it right, that would have been a disaster that wasn't serious. Mark in Denver, You're on the dan Kapla show.
Speaker 9: Welcome, Hi, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 10: Rub I imagined you were old enough to have grown up in time when if you ask someone who they voted for, they generally would say, it's none of your business.
Speaker 11: It just used to be the.
Speaker 9: Way we operated. We didn't wear our votes on our sleeves.
Speaker 11: And you know, just thinking of Thanksgiving dinner and again back to those older days when he didn't discuss religion, politics, or sex at Thanksgiving dinner, and so I would just question the notion of bringing in any political jokes, whether it's about Kamala Harris or a great post Lady Malamia.
Speaker 12: Trump, I'm so glad you called like the right place.
Speaker 9: It doesn't seem like the right place.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you called, yeah, because because I do think that's the threshold school idea.
Speaker 9: Maybe that's an old school idea just like that. And you do remember when we grew up and people said to our parents, who'd you vote for? And they go, it's none of your business. Yeah, it's just kind of it was maybe a saner way to operate rather than wearing your politics on our sleeve like we all do all the time.
Speaker 1: Now, Mark, what a great thank you for that, and not completely forgotten about that.
Speaker 2: He's right. I mean it was a little.
Speaker 1: Before my time, but I can remember, like my parents' generation, maybe my grandparents' generation, I can remember people saying none of your business and that being kind of a standard acceptable response. That's fascinating. I forgot those days ever even existed. And personally, I'm not suggesting those are better days, because the way I look at it is the stakes.
Speaker 2: Are so high in these issues. I mean I'm.
Speaker 1: Literal when I tell you I think once again, Trump voters saved America, and so I think these stakes are so high and such a big deal that then now I think we need to be out there telling people what we believe and you know, trying to persuade them to vote the way we want them to vote. So I know that other era was probably more comfortable. I think this is more necessary. Eight five five for zero five A two five five the number Now Mark's point, that doesn't mean that we have to use Turkey Day in order to win the next election. And obviously nobody wants to braid anybody tomorrow. It's just we've got to recognize the fact we're all human, right, And with all the abuse that Trump has taken and that Trump's supporters have taken over the years, only to be proven right, I'm just operating in reality, and I just know it's going to be physically impossible for lots of us to refrain and restrain from.
Speaker 2: Some kind of acknowledgment that we were right.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So what's the best way to execute that without, say, undermining the entire event? And I think there are ways to do it, Like the prayer, Right, if you get called on to say the prayer, you might slip in a little and thank you.
Speaker 2: For Trump voters. It doesn't have to be the whole prayer.
Speaker 1: And at some point you're going to praise the cook, right, so you can you can just work in a boy, you really made that Turkey great again.
Speaker 2: You know, just just some little things there. But let's be realistic.
Speaker 1: How many people are going to be able to go cold turkey on politics tomorrow after probably the most consequential election of our lifetimes and we won, Broly human God has not finished with us yet, so let's figure out the best way to do it.
Speaker 2: Be some good kamalo joke here on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: How's that play out with the UF tier policy? Because it's the it's the threat of the tearff right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, China has not played by the rules since they came into WTO in nineteen ninety nine, and most administrations have just let it roll. Most of us do business there, realize it's time to really set the records straight here because they cheat, they steal, they don't protect IP, we can't use their courts, and she is getting away with it because he thinks no one will stand.
Speaker 2: Up to it.
Speaker 13: My strategy here and what I would advocate for is to raise the walls so high that it forces him to the table here in Washington for a reciprocal deal, which we desperately need.
Speaker 1: And listen, I understand nobody is interested in talking about tariffs the Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving. The only reason I played that, and that was Kevin O'Leary making a very good point. The only reason I played that was as part of Okay, our plan together, and this is something we'll forge together. Now, vast majority of the audience, I think, you know, I have a similar worldview that this conservative, common sense approach, and then you get other you know, liberals, and some flaming liberals in the audience were grateful for them. But we need a plan for tomorrow for Thanksgiving, because I just don't think it's realistic to assume we're going to go into this Thanksgiving, this close to the most consequential election of our lifetime, that we won after years of abuse and DERI and they're trying to jail and some are trying to kill our candidate. Now we're only human. There's going to be something about that tomorrow. So let's figure out the best approach. What I'm suggesting is the combination of humor and unity. So humor good, Kamala Harris jokes, if you have some share it, don't keep your light under a bushel eight five to five for zero five eight two five five or text d an five seven seven three nine. So good, Kamala Harris jokes. Nobody's going to get upset about that because she has zero support in America. Zero support in America. Now, plenty of people voted for it because they wanted to stop Trump, but then Trump gets legitimized through his victory.
Speaker 2: Because American DNA.
Speaker 1: You know, we respect people who overcome enormous odds and keep fighting and so so yeah, Kamala Harris joke's totally safe tomorrow. So if you've got a good one, let us have it. The other thing is just kind of the unity stuff. Some of these political issues that drove the campaign, but they're unifying other than if you have a true psycho in your family, then maybe they can't agree on things like uh, yeah, now somebody with male organ shouldn't be in the girls shower or or you know, yeah, we've got to deport criminals from our country people who came here illegal and then committed other crimes. Yeah, we got to get rid of them right now. Every sane person's going to agree with that. Fentanyl, Yeah, stop the chemical attack on our country. Everybody's going to agree with that. So I think that's the key. And then, of course humor in other ways you can work it in. So if you have suggestions, I've given you a few of mine. But if you have suggestions, would love them. We have other things today we need to talk about, but I don't know that anything's more important than that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: What's Kamala's favorite wine? Kecklin Cabernet. Thank you very much, Texter. I'm not sure that's going to be a big winner tomorrow. Ryan liked it for it, okay.
Speaker 3: I think she prefers Chardonnay or penal. Greg Gregio, did you Dan?
Speaker 4: Come on? Can we talk?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you a questions?
Speaker 1: Do you think it's fair in these days now of legalized drugs and you can't even call it marijuana and Colorado it's krackle one, it's so pope. Do you think it's fair to ask elected officials whether.
Speaker 2: They smoke pot?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Do you do dope?
Speaker 1: I mean you know, and I don't mean this in the pejority, But when you have a mayor of Denver who comes out and says he's calling for an insurrection, he says he's going to have an insurrection, He's going to use Denver police to go fight Feds to stop federal law enforcement from enforcing federal law. Is it fair to ask in that situation, mayor, do you do dope? Do you use dope?
Speaker 3: It's fair, but I think his answer being yes would play to his base in Denver.
Speaker 4: They would look at it as a positive.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you're right.
Speaker 1: Is it fair to ask about psychedelics? And I'm not making any kind of allegation. I don't know Mike Johnson personally. I don't know if he's ever used marijuana. I don't know if he's ever done psychedelics. Asking since this stuff is legal now in Denver in part large part because what the left has done. Because the left knows the more drug population is more dependent on government, they'refore more likely to vote.
Speaker 2: For the Left. That's why they want all that poison.
Speaker 1: So is it fair to ask, particularly when it comes out and says stuff that insane and that obviously harmful to Denver.
Speaker 3: And I would be more concerned if the answer was no, I don't use marijuana or psychedelic mushrooms, there any kind of drugs along those lines. This is what I honestly think with a sober mind. Okay, that's more concerning.
Speaker 1: So would it be fair to ask Kamala Harris had been fair to ask her during the campaign?
Speaker 4: Dan, how about after that video yesterday?
Speaker 1: Well, come on, yeah, and those are yeah, yeah, you can't tell me.
Speaker 2: Let's play on kile of that.
Speaker 1: But Ryan, there were fair questions long before that I got my button bars out of because we would have the coconuts sound right? This dates back to the coconut era and what was polish to remember Polis Immediately he started sending out tweets with coconuts and palm trees.
Speaker 5: And you think you just fell out of a coconut tree?
Speaker 10: Do you exist in the context.
Speaker 5: Of all in which you live and what came before you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me this as a guy who's never done drugs, can you just and I don't mean that as a whole ear in now or judgmental enemy adult who has That's not my point. I'm just being honest about my experiences never having been in that mental state. Is that mental state consistent with a particular more consistent with a particular substance, or none at all.
Speaker 4: It can be.
Speaker 3: I think it would be a very convenient and valid excuse for talking like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know that she has it.
Speaker 3: Maybe outside of the wine now, I believe, Dan, We're gonna get a lot of stories from staffers who were very close to during this campaign. They're gonna tell us what was going on behind the scenes, and that may have.
Speaker 4: Been part of it. The wine part. I think there's a lot of wine involved.
Speaker 1: Come on, how soon after she was installed? It's Saturday Night Live. Do the America's wine mom skein.
Speaker 4: The Josh wine?
Speaker 3: Which is a very clever turn of phraser because of Josh Shapiro. And did you see the video? I think we had it at one time several months ago, Dan, she spoke to some I think campaign workers in Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Her hair was disheveled, she was luring her words. You remember that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it just stands as the son of an alcoholic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can tell you that that looked a little peculiar. Not drying any conclusions or anything, but we never really got to fully enjoy this one I know is your favorite dance. I want to play it, but it's timely because of the season.
Speaker 4: And this would have worked so well in so many ads.
Speaker 5: And when we all sing happy tunes, I sing Merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: These children are not going to have a merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we?
Speaker 1: Or Joy takes so many different forms, doesn't it? And and isn't that one of the ironies? And I know everybody already knows this, but I'm so glad to see it. The joy was in the Trump campaign, I mean, which which brings us back to some more ways to make tomorrow successful and fun, even with your liberal relatives at the Trump dance, right, because everybody can do it, yes, and and so you can work that in in a thousand different situations like tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, you get the yippie nephew.
Speaker 1: Okay, he arrives at the front door, he's all grunged out. We don't have one of these, by the way, I'm just imagining somebody who does.
Speaker 2: You don't know what a yippie is? Okay, Okay, arrives at the front door.
Speaker 1: He knows more than anybody, right he and and you know, but they're the fund way, the man bun. They're these subtle, funny smells like skunk. You know that there are these subtle ways you can do it. So you get to the front door, and then you just do the quick Trump dance proof, you know, because everybody can do it.
Speaker 4: It's just like you know, I think it's contagious.
Speaker 1: A right jab, a left jab, and then just mix a little into the Thanksgiving you know song list, a little YMCA because I guarantee you you you pump a little YMCA into that dining room, you know, during dinner, and then you're gonna have even the lefties are kind of just instinctively gonna start doing the Trump dance.
Speaker 2: I mean you can't not.
Speaker 3: Just by playing that song or hold on on Coming by Sam and Dave.
Speaker 4: The message is set. People know what those songs mean. At this point, it's.
Speaker 1: Got to be the YMCA. Well the other that's another great way to celebrate. Just put an American flag out, right, Yeah, yeah, Just put the American flag out Because the left now views the American.
Speaker 2: Flag as a.
Speaker 1: Sign of far right extremism, right, I mean, that's how far gone there. But I'm just talking about fun, subtle ways that don't ruin the dinner. Yeah, eight five five for zero five A two five five Do you want to get to some of these texts? So if you've got some good Kamala jokes, because that's nobody's gonna get upset about good Kamala jokes tomorrow, and other ways to just sort of work your your message in with a little bit of humor, you know.
Speaker 2: And there are ways, like I suggested earlier. Yeah, okay, whether it's the could be the green beats. Ooh you sure make those green beats great again. You know, they're just those little ways.
Speaker 1: We've got other news we need to talk about also eight five five for er a five eight two five five.
Speaker 2: Text d A N five seven seven three.
Speaker 4: Nine And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcasts.
Speaker 2: When we need the webcam. It's like thirty bucks, why don't we have money?
Speaker 8: Look a good dam don't you a dead man can do this dance?
Speaker 4: Joe Biden?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Biden could do it. He voted for Trump. He might as well do the dance, you think He.
Speaker 3: And doctor Jill Biden behind the scenes of Dundas dance like having fun with it because they are glad.
Speaker 1: Kamal alas, I can absolutely picture that, totally picture it and think about it before we go back to the phone lines. You're trying to talk about how to navigate tomorrow if you've got lefties entered Thanksgiving table and who doesn't and in a fun way, and texture doesn't like it, she says, Dan Kamala jokes on Thanksgiving Day is a terrible idea. We really don't need more antagonism right now. Please rethink this. We were taught never to gloat when we win and never to whind when we lose. Now the last part, thousand percent agreement why I was to see, let's see.
Speaker 2: That's how we can do it tomorrow. Keep it light.
Speaker 1: But I was taught from the time I was a little kid. Yeah, you know, the winner is more than who has the highest score on the board. You have to conduct yourself like a winner. In fact, that was part of my dad's toast at our wedding reception. He was my best man when Amy and I got married, And that's what we were taught from when we were little kids. I'm with you, one thousand percent on that, and I've always.
Speaker 2: Practiced it, and so I get that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not talking at all about any kind of gloating tomorrow. No, No, I'm talking about being honest about the fact that we're all human, and being realistic about the fact that this close to the election, most consequential election of our lifetime, that we won, and then obviously there'll be some adult beverages tomorrow, and just being realistic.
Speaker 2: Something's going to work.
Speaker 1: Its way in so let's just have fun with it, do it in a humorous way. That's all I'm saying. But to your point about Biden, as I go back to the phone lines in these great texts every day, I tried to add one profound observation, you know, beyond the obvious, something that maybe isn't being talked about many places. And I think what that is right now is that one of the many great accomplishments of Donald Trump with this victory is this is the end of the Obama era. Now, it doesn't mean that he's going to disappear or won't have an impact or this or that, but in terms of Barack Obama having some kind of dramatic, dynamic impact, no, I think this ended that still relevant and important, yes, but not the king maker. And it's to the point you made a second ago. Ryan, think about it. Joe Biden, you know, for his deep cognitive decline. Somehow Biden and the people around him were able to And I think it was the people around him, because we all know Joe Biden didn't write that letter, you know where he rescinded his Democratic nomination. Somebody else put that together, obviously, but whoever was making those calls, they completely maneuvered Obama because there's there's no doubt you know, it was Obama spearheading this effort to get Biden out and replace him.
Speaker 2: And he succeeded.
Speaker 1: But then the people around Biden completely outflanked him and immediately inserted Harris through a Biden endorsement, to make sure Obama would lose and all the people who deposed Biden would lose. So it was one of the most brilliant political plays we've ever seen by an otherwise decrepit failed administration. But thank god they did it. Thank god they did it because she was just not going to win and it lets Trump start with a big head of esteem.
Speaker 2: Now, Dean and Arvada. You're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 12: Welcome Hey Dan, get afternoon and then the Happy thanks Giving you too much. I wanted to say one thing, all Varry Mike's this thing, because how dare him have a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow? And how dare him have a merry Christmas?
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah no, And I'm suppose you haven't heard from area for a few days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go ahead, funny.
Speaker 14: I wanted to ask all this like last I don't know year, year and a half, two years they've been calling Trump Hitler, fascist, Marxist, I mean, just derogatory defamation names.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have a lot.
Speaker 2: Can he sue for that?
Speaker 1: Oh listen, not for that, but he can sue for certain other things. And I've volunteered on air to represent him for free in a lawsuit against Jim Acosta CNN when Acosta went on air yeah and said that Trump had called for the execution of Liz Cheney. I mean there, even though you're a public figure, there are still lines. And yeah, so to be interested to see if he pursues any of that, my friend, thank you Dean for that. We're up against a hard network break coming up here. But yeah, be interesting if he pursues any of that. I'm not predicting that. I think he's gonna have his hands full. And I hate to talk about anything serious on this Wednesday before or Thanksgiving, one of the happiest times of the year for so many people because so many foot just being together with family tomorrow and then some people have the four day weekend and watching the just as ashe's time that, yeah, that could certainly happened. Certainly, just say that because you grew up a Barris fan, I know, Dan, oh yeah, yeah. But but all in obviously for many moons with the Broncos. But it is fun to see the Lions resurgence, and you know, we all like to be proven, right. Caleb Williams, I don't. I wish him very well, but I just don't think he's a winner. You know, quarterbacks especially, it's everybody gets all caught up in you know, height, weight and all these different metrics when it comes to quarterbacks, more so than any other position in any other sport, it's about that X factor. Who's a winner, who's a winner, who's a leader. And yeah, he's obviously got it. T Bow had it Nix has it, Shador Sanders has it. You know, you got some people have it, and then you get all these five Stars and you get all these people who have all the tools.
Speaker 2: But they don't have the heart.
Speaker 1: They don't have that X factor, and Caleb Williams is just maybe that can change over time. And nobody in our audience cares about Caleb Williams, including me. So I'm going to stop all that right now. But I do in the five and I'm sorry to get serious about something, but we have this obviously coordinated attack trying to terrorize a large group of Trump nominees. What do you think that portends for what is to come and what's the best response to that.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.