Speaker 1: All right, here we go fifty five k r C the talk station. It is Dan carroll in for Brian Thomas. I believe Brian Thomas taking the whole week off. I mean it is the week of Christmas, so Merry Christmas everyone. It's Dan carroll in for Brian Thomas. Glad to be here. I'll be here today and tomorrow, and then I believe maybe a little Kevin Gordon, maybe a little Gary Jeff Walker. We'll see what happens. But man, it's a brisk start to this morning. Nice twenty four degrees out there. Your car is going to have a lay or frost on it when you head outside, so don't be I want to This is one of those days you wonder how many people are going to work, right, It's a couple of days before Christmas. People love to take off. I know a lot of people are here around the station are taking off. You want you want to see a play? It used to looks like a go town or ghost town. Come up here to the seven hundred studio, in the fifty five KRC studio and the iHeart property up here. Sean mcmanu'll agree with me on that one. To you even Joe Strecker is taking some time off, and Sean McMahon is running things in the fifty five krs control room. So glad to have him here and a lot to get to today. Sharon Coolidge is going to be here in the eight o'clock hour. I've got her set for eight thirty and we will hear from Sharon Coolidge. She is reflecting on ten years of covering city Hall, and I was reading the piece that was published that she published a few days ago talking about when she started covering city Hall and talking about some of the some of the stories that she recalls, and looking back on this, there's some stories in here that I forget got about. It's amazing how much water has gone under the bridge in the past ten years. But one of the ones she talks about first is the guy we were affectionately referred to as a PG Flippenfeld. And you know, the man, the young man who would have been mayor blinded by his own ambition. If that's not her saying that, that's me saying that this guy was on a rocket. Even though I never the times I interviewed him, I never agreed with his politics. I always thought much like our current mayor. There's one person that PG Flippenfeld was looking out for above all others, and that was PG flipping Feld. And I believe our our current mayor is in the same vein because he's got he's got his sight set on bigger, bigger things than being the mayor of Cincinnati. And I think you can make that place. I mean, you look at the way this guy is playing his cards right now. I think he is definitely looking at that. But she talks about PG sitting Feld talking about when Harry black fired Police Chief Jeffrey Blackwell talking about the street car. The streetcar. That's one of the overlapping stories that I mean, and that story had been around, I guess even just talking about it had been around for so long, but even that in the past ten years, it's amazing. I go back and I think about those days about talking about the streetcar, and it seemed like almost every show back then was they had some relationship to the streetcar. And I remember some of the other hosts on this station and some of the other stations just just would talk about how worn out they were talking about the streetcar and when and it's amazing we still haven't stopped talking about it, and there are still those who want to see the expansion of the street car. So when Chris Smitheman is going to be here at seven twenty this morning, and we will kick these and maybybe if I'll throw some of these up to Chris Smithman and see how he likes to reminisce on some of these. Let me see she talks about John John Cranley and Harry Black, the Gang of Five? How about that? And maybe maybe and maybe this is the time and maybe I'll get Chris Smithman's take on it. But I still have not forgiven Greg Landsman for his participation in the Gang of Five. Maybe I'm behind the curve on that. Maybe it's time to let that go. But to me, that whole thing was just so despicable, what these members of council did and the way they did it, and then the way they acted after they got caught, and the money that it cost the city that they never paid back. Now they'll claim they paid back some of it, or I guess what they considered their share of it to be. But no, the Gang of five? What else? What else? What else? The shooting downtown, the selling of the city's railroad, Cincinnati gets a soccer team, so a lot of stuff there, a lot of stuff there from Sharon Coolidge, and we'll reminisce and and and there was a time when my job was to cover city Hall. So I've got my own memories of I mean, probably not as well done as Sharon Coolidge's memories, my own memories of spending a lot of time in city Hall. Man, it's gonna be We're gonna we're gonna stroll down memory Lane. That'll be at eight thirty this morning, So if you're around, we hope you can stick around for that. In the meantime, I've sent my my list of Christmas music to Sean McMahon and we'll be bumping in and out of the program with some of my favorite Christmas cuts today. If you want to tell me some of yours, I would love to hear that. But the the amazing thing about being on the radio right now today this year, twenty twenty four, December twenty third, twenty twenty four, is that normally this time of year is just an absolute desert when it comes to news. On this day, nothing could be further from the truth. And there is so many things to talk about, and we will get to those things on the other side of this as we look ahead to Christmas just a couple of days away. Sean McMahon, Can you believe Christmas is only two days away? Hardly, you can't believe it. But it is right there, right literally right around the corner. So five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred. Those are the phone numbers to call if you feel so inclined. But we got to get to No, No, I'm looking at the clock wrong. I still got like four minutes here. I was thinking we were going to hit our first break and then come back and talk about weather. But we still got a few minutes. But no, the amount of news that has come out, A lot of the news has been different reports that came out. I sat in for Brian Thomas a couple of mondays ago and brad Winstrop was here and he was talking about he was talking about the the report that his committee did about the what I call the Wuhan virus, and it was absolutely amazing. And I remember the one thing he said, he said, this is the public report. There's also a classified version of this report. And I had someone ask me, why is there a classified version of this? And because when you look at what was going on with the gain of function research and what they were doing at the Wuhan lab, this whole thing gets into bioweapons, bioweapons research, and for good reason. I think a lot of that is classified. And the way the report reads and the way it's laid out, you look at and they, I mean, they really did a thorough job examining every aspect of what happened as it relates to the Wuhan virus. When you talk about the gain of function, when you talk about the labs, when you talk about the funding, when you talk about what the government response was Sean McMahon, who do you think the biggest purveyor of misinformation during the whole Luhan episode the episode was the federal government. See I think he's listened to me talk about this before a few times. But it is absolutely amazing. But yeah, that's why there's a classified version of that, because, I mean, this gets into some serious stuff and I would suggest that some of these things are classified for a good reason. Maybe someday we will pull the curtain back on that part of it, but just reading the unclassified stuff.
Speaker 2: Is.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit of a lift slogging through that report, but well worth the effort if you're interested in what we like to call the scam demic. The scam not the pandemic, the scam demic, a term that I'm not so sure wasn't coined by our buddy Gary Jeff Walker, because I know he loves to say that. The US Central Command says, we shot down one of our own fighter jets over the Red Sea, over the way. I remember getting on the computer yesterday preparing for my show prep and looking at that and thinking to myself, wow, we shot down one of our own jets. And I'm looking I'm reading the story about this, and I'm thinking, I'm saying to myself, this is where I'm at right now. I'm saying to myself, I'm not really sure I'm believing this narrative. I am super skepted. I'm not. I don't want to be that way. But it can't be helped because you just know that there's more to the story and what is being reported is phony, blooney, and that has the Then there's so many elements of news and reporting and what goes on with the government that you feel that way about so many of these things. So we we'll get to we'll touch on all that, and we'll check the weather and Sean, is Chuck going to be here today doing traffic as well. We're gonna have a little little t have a cupdate from Chuck later on. All right, we'll see. Yeah, there was a wreck on seventy five overnight that shut the highway down. A couple of Cincinnati police cars involved in a bad wreck out there. The Cincinnati police officers are okay. Thank god, Chuck Ingram is here. So we will have a little traffic later on today. So all that and more is we roll on through this December twenty third, this Monday morning, couple of days before Christmas. Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC The.
Speaker 3: Talks Day, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: AH the Charlie Brown Christmas Music. I know Brian Thomas loves it. I love it. I can just sit here for the rest of the show and let this play. You gotta just play the whole album. I got the whole album at home and I just put it on the uh the CD player. Yes, Sean McMahon, I still have a CD player. At home. I put a disc in there and I'll just let it run all day, all afternoon. Is fantastic. Vince Garaldi does great stuff. Give me just a few more seconds. Let's turn it up a little bit. So there you go. You got your favorite Christmas music, I've got mine. Call me up and tell me about it. Five point three. As we roll throughout this day, A couple of days before Christmas, a couple of this is one of that. I was a little bit shocked when I sat down and saw this headline yesterday. A couple of Navy pilots shot down over the Red Sea on Sunday, apparently in a friendly fire incident. The military set marking the most serious incident to threaten troops in over a year of America going after Yemen's hu to Hooti rebels, so again pulling the curtain back on the fact that we have troops in harm's way in the Middle East. Despite what Kamala Harris might have said, both aviators were able to eject from their Fa eighteen aircraft one, suffering minor injuries. They were both recovered. The shootdown underlines just how dangerous the Red Sea Quarter has become with ongoing attacks on shipping by Iranian back houties, despite US and European military coalitions patrolling the area. The military has conducted air strikes targeting Hoodi rebels. At the time of the friendly fire, int Central Command did not elaborate on what the pilot's mission was and did not respond to questions from the Associated Press or any other media outlet for that matter. F eighteen was shot down. It had just taken off from the deck of the USS Harry Truman. This happened on December fifteenth, and we're just learning about it today. Central Command acknowledge that Truman entered the Mid East, but hadn't specified the carrier and its battlegroup was in the Red Sea. The guided missile cruiser, the USS Gettysburg, which is part of the Harry Truman Carrier Strike Group, mistakenly fired and hit the F eighteen. The incident was not a result of hostile fire. A full investigation is underway, and don't we all have great confidence that this Department of Defense will be able to conduct a thorough investigation, find out what went wrong, and take corrective action. And by golly, if someone needs to be held responsible, then someone will face serious consequences, don't. We all have great confidence in that. And it pains me to say this, especially about the United States military, but we have such a lack of leadership starting at the very top. And yes, I'm talking about Joseph Robin at Biden. Where has this guy been ever since the election? Where has he been? And I'm going to get into this a lot during the day today about the report that came out from the Wall Street Journal talking about talking about Biden and his advisors, his overseers, his the people that are acting like the protectors of the president. Because this guy simply cannot function. We've known it, We've known it for a long time. We've known the White House has been lying about it almost since day one of this guy's administration. Kamala Harris is nowhere to be found these days. And we'll and we'll we'll get into that. But just getting back to the military here and the and the Gettysburg shooting down this f eighteen, It wasn't immediately clear how the Gettysburg could mistake in FA eighteen for an enemy aircraft or a missile. Really, so you're saying that we have a protocols in place you're saying that we have procedures in place. You're saying that, under the normal course of action, that we take steps to make sure that these things don't happen. But yet it did happen, and we're supposed to believe this narrative. Well, you know, look, you got the hoodies out there. They're shooting off all these drones, they're shooting missiles. There's so many things flying around in the sky. We just happened to shoot down one of our own. So on one hand, it's encouraging to see that the USS Gettysburg has the ability to shoot down an F eighteen. It's not the latest generation fighter, but they the F eighteen is pretty darn good aircraft, as I think anyone who's ever flown a F eighteen will tell you, still one of the baddest jets in the sky. Not top of the line anymore, but really really good. That the guys on the Gettysburg were able to shoot it down in and of itself, that's a little bit of accomplishment, but it's our jet. Don't shoot down our jet, And that's what leads me to believe that there's more to this story. And as I sit here, today. I don't know that in three months or six months, or a year or five years from now, that we will still have the straight story about what really happened there. Maybe someone in the Trump administration will be able to get to the bottom of it. But if this administration follows suit with what they've been doing the entire time they've been in office, documents will disappear, information will go down the rabbit hole. Things will be covered up so obscured that we may never be able to get to the bottom up. Lloyd Austin, I'm sure has no I wonder if Lloyd Austin even Okay, Lloyd Austin, he's a Secretary of Defense. Does he know about Yeah, he knows about it. Does he have any interest in really telling the American people exactly what happened? I think not. But I'm late for a break, so let's go ahead. We'll take a break now, I'll finish up my thoughts on this, and then we'll continue on with the show. Dan Carrol for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCV Talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: I sent my list of favorite Christmas songs to Sean McMahon, who's in for Joe's record today. I know he's rolling out some of my favorites. I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago, but I keep telling you, and I got to. I'll tell you, Christmas knuck up on me a little bit.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: I've been sort of looking at the calendar and thinking, Okay, I've still got a few days. Still got a few days, Still got a few days. Now you only have two days, and I still got some things I gotta get done. Sean, where are you standing on all that? You're good? Got everything sweared away? All right? He's got a you are you already gave them out? How about that I I got? I did get an early Christmas gift. And it is a It is one of those glasses that has the bullet in it. It's called from a company is called ben Shot, and it says Trump. It's got an etching with Trump forty seven, and it's got the bullet that's halfway into the glass. So very clever. A buddy of mine's got one that says Trump forty five on it. So we're going to get together and crack open a bottle of bourbon and enjoy some bourbon and our Trump our Trump glasses with the with the bullets in them. But getting back to just to finish up my thoughts on an American fighter jet being shot down by our own people, according to news reports over the Red Sea, Let's see, where did I where did I leave off on this? The F eighteen had just one off the deck of the Harry Truman, the Gettysburg, which is part of the crew of the Truman Carrier Strike Group. I mean, what must that be? Like I was in the service. I wasn't in the Navy. I was in the Air Force. But when you're in the Navy and part of your own group shoots down one of your own guys, one of your own jets, that's got to be that's got to be not really a good thing. Let's see, let's see, it's not immediately clear how the Gettysburg can mistake the FA teen Central Commands said warships and the aircraft earlier shot down multiple Hoodie drones and anti ship cruise minsiles launched by the rebels. Incoming hostile fire from the Hoodies has given sailors just seconds to make decisions. So I guess they're on a hair trigger now that they've been shooting down all these things that are flying around the Red Seat. Since Truman's arrival, the US has stepped up airstrikes targeting the Hoodies. Let's see, the deployment marked what the Navy has described as the most intense combat since World War Two. And if that's true, is it just me or are we really not hearing much reporting on this at all? Until this happened. Until this happened, I really I didn't really have a good handle at all about how much action was going on there in the Gulf of Aden or the Red Sea. On Saturday night and early Sunday, US warplanes conducted air strikes that shook the capital of Yemen, which the Hooties have held since twenty fourteen. Central Command described the strikes as targeting missile storage facilities, command and control facilities. So we will find out, hopefully, we'll find out why why one of our aircraft was shot down by one of our own ships. It's not a good thing. It's not a good thing. Let's see, there was a crash involving a couple of Cincinnati police vehicles on southbound seventy five overnight. Now reading for Fox nineteen, All officers okay, after a crash with two Cincinnati Police Department vehicles shut down southbound seventy five. Happened just inside the city limits near Springfield Springfield Township just before midnight. One of the officers was already on the scene when their cruiser was hit. District for police say, and there's a picture of one of the one of the police cars involved in this wreck, and I mean the front end is just obliterated. The front end of this police cruiser just got hammered. That vehicle is definitely totaled. Minor injuries reported the scene. According to ken Kober, officers were taking the UC Medical Center out of an abundance of caution. All lanes of southbound seventy five opened earlier this morning, so that is good, but they had the whole thing shut down, but really no details on how that accident happened. There was, of course, that deadly wrong way accident on Cross County over the weekend, so that's that's a terrible thing, and driving the wrong way on Cross County Highway and that we've had that. It's not the first time we've had that, but that is a I covered traffic for a long time in this town. And that is a tough thing to do, get going the wrong way on on Cross County, but someone managed to do it. I've got to get to a break here and then we will continue on Dan carrollin for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRCV talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five k r C and iHeartRadio station. Run a business and not thinking about.
Speaker 1: So here we are a couple of days for Christmas twenty twenty four. I hope your Christmas is going to be spectacular. I'll find out what the a little bit later on what the Chris Smithman Christmas is like. I bet they just have a grand old Christmas. Victor Davis Hansen has written a great piece in well his pieces show up all over the place. But he's always a great guest on Fox News. Just a great commentary. And he's talking about the years of madness? Are they finally ending now that Biden's on his way way out? Never in US history as a president electmen welcome as the real president before January twentieth inauguration. And that is that is the interesting dynamic that we have been seeing going on about Trump and mar You know, Mike DeWine went down there tomorrow a lago would have a meeting with with Trump or at least someone in Trump's orbit. The reporting is that the Wine went down there. He's still making up his We don't know what they thought they might have talked about, but the speculation is is that the Wine was talking about with Trump who he may choose to replace Jade Vance in the Senate. And so we had all this struggling going on with the UH the budget deal that they were talking about up on Capitol Hill Wednesday and Thursday, Friday on into the weekend. Finally got a deal done I believe it was late Friday night. Avoided the shutdown of the federal government. Can't have that. So they reached a compromise deal. And I still don't like the idea that even though it was a continuing resolution and it was only I think the first one they rejected was one hundred and eighteen pages. I think the second one came out to one hundred and twenty pages of memory serves and that was the one that they passed. But even that same day, create this bill, get it in front of Congress, pass it, and I believe I read yesterday where Joe Biden actually signed it, or maybe they put it under the auto sign and pressed the button and scribbled Joe Biden's signature on there. It didn't with the report that I saw didn't say that Joe Biden knew what he was signing, only that he signed it. And so it's been approved. And Victor Davis Hansen writes, one reason somebody are welcoming Trump return to is the universal, universally desperate hope that his election spelled an end to the collective madness at home and it's ripples abroad for the last four years. The result was the current global chaos, perhaps not seen since the late nineteen thirties. Is how Victor Davis Hanson describes what is happening in the world right now. Never has the US experience such an immigrant search. Never had more than fifty million and over fifteen percent of the resident American population been foreign born. And I've we've heard the stories about of how many non Americans are getting all these jobs that Biden talks about creating. Victor Davis Hanson goes on to talk about the FBI, the CIRA, the irl, US Department of Justice, the Pentagon weaponized so flagrantly and with impunity broken, the law abandoned their mission statements serve the political agendas rather than the American people. Not since j Augar Hoover has the FBI hierarchy serially lied under oath, stonewalled Congress, forged the court affidavit, partnered with the media to suppress the news. Has the FBI have rated the next president's home, spied on parents at school board meetings, monitored Catholics, tried to terrify or harassed pro life activists. Each one of these things is a huge scandal unto itself, and all we hear, we still hear the narrative from those on the left, how great this administration was, how great of a president Biden has been. There are people still out there still singing that song. One who is not is a former Democrat, big time fundraiser. I've got that sound bite ready to go, but we've still got we got to get a quick break in here. But we will hear that on the other side of this, So stick around for that. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, The Talk.
Speaker 3: Station, fifty five KRC, fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC The Talk Station, Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas. So, as I was talking about before the break, you've got a lot of different people who are pulling the curtain back on what happened in the Biden administration. One of them was campaign advisor Lindy Lee. She's been on quite a bit lately and she's been talking about what really happened and what has been happening, and now she has decided that she has had enough. She was on with Piers Morgan, who has I don't know if it's considered a podcast or a regular show on the Fox Digital channel, but Piers Morgan has just been doing a great job and he had he had on I don't know, five or six different guests, and Lindy Lee was talking. She started talking about her time working with the Democrats and what is really happening with the Democrat Party. Some very interesting stuff here. Listen to this cut Sean McMahon, cut number seven. Please. The Democrats have got to move on quickly, haven't I?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't agree more. She's indulging delusions or running for governor in California in twenty twenty six, and perhaps e've been running for president in twenty twenty and I just want to echo what a lot of you guys already said. This past week has been heiring for me. This just this Saturday, I went on Fox and Friends and I said that Democrats have a stench of loser hangover them. As soon as I said that, there were boycott campaigns against me, unblock, unfollowed campaigns. I lost forty thousand followers in four days. People have called me the W word. I don't know what we're allowed to say, but you can fill them.
Speaker 1: Blank, say am I allowed to Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 5: Apparently I'm a well. They called me a whore, they called me the C word, They asked for me to be deported, and you can just you can just search for my name in those terms on X and you'll see a bunch of them. So, you know, all these so called Democrats, the Party of Inclusion, the Party of Diversity, masks off. And it's even worse because they pretend to occupy the moral high ground. They pretend to be, you know, so loving and caring and embracing of diversity. But all of a sudden, when I dare to issue, to utter any criticisms of the Goddess Come Harris, I get ostracized me after having raised tens of millions of dollars for the party. My donors are pissed. They raised two point five billion dollars across super Pack in the campaign. It's my responsibility, it's my duty of care, to ask what the hell happened with that money? Why did we spend it? Why did we spend millions of dollars on five star hotels for campaign staffers. Why did we spend five hundred thousand dollars essentially bribing Al Sharpton moments before he interviewed Kamala. These are legitimate questions, but no, in the cult, you can't ask questions. And leaving the Democratic Party, or even questioning the Democratic Party, it's like leaving a cult. It's terrifying.
Speaker 1: So there you go, there's Lendy Lee right there, and just listen to what she's saying and decipher that and ingest that for yourself. That is absolutely unvarnished truth, coming from a woman who has been there. And these are the people that Democrats value the most. They don't value you, they don't value the average voter, they don't value the average American people. They value the people that can bring in the money. And this is what she's been doing billions of dollars. And we know the Kamala Harris campaign ripped through a billion and a half dollars in the span of one hundred days. And she's talking about she's asking questions five star hotels for staff members, all this crazy spending going on. Now you can't ask those questions. And she sounds a lot like somebody I know. She sounds like the guy who's sitting behind this microphone now when she describes a Democrat Party trying to seek the moral high how many times have I said that. Sean McMahon has heard my show many times. He's heard me say that exact same phrase, and they try to act like and you know what, they're the party of openness, They're the party that welcomes diversity. Diversity with the Democrat Party only goes skin deep, It only goes to your genitalia, it only goes to your identity politics. You get that there is no diverse there is no room for diversity of thought when it comes to the Democrat Party. And Lindy Lee just rip the absolute cover off of it talking to Peters Morgan there. I may play that sound bite a little bit later on and she was scoffing at the notion that Kamala Harris would run for governor in California or run for the White House again. She's an absolute fraud, Kamala Harris says. And if you've seen the couple, there's been one or two videos that have popped up of her since the election, and she appears like she's hammered in both of them. If you've seen them, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Five point fifty five. We got to get to a break news coming up top of the hour, but we will roll on on this Christmas special edition. Oh yeah, tomorrow too, but special because it's a couple of days before Christmas. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five k r CV talks to you really got me down six or five on this Monday morning, a little van Halen for you, a couple of days before Christmas. Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr CV talk station five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred the number to call if you want to get on board. Sean McMahon running the U the big board there in the fifty five KRC Command Center. I appreciate him being here, and glad to see Joe Strecker taking a at least one day off. Maybe he's maybe he's taking a whole week off. Sewn you here tomorrow, not tomorrow. Maybe Joe Strecker is back tomorrow. So we'll see what happens. But in any case, I'm glad to be here and glad you are here as well and get the chance to talk to the the great Brian Thomas audience. I turned my computer on today, brought in my laptop because there's a couple of things I wanted to uh have available on my x feed this morning, and it's a lot easier to do that with my laptop. I open up my laptop, it says it's updating, and this was a over an hour ago. It's been about an hour and twenty or twenty five minutes now. My update is eighty eight percent complete. And then it says your computer may restart a few more times. So the spinning around thing, the rendering thing, has been spinning NonStop since about twenty till five this morning. Unbelievable. Normally, when you do an update my laptop, my laptop seems to need to update all the time, it's three or four minutes. Boom okay, updates complete. You can turn your computer off. Not now, not today. Maybe it'll be done before the show is over, so we'll keep you posted on that one. What do I want to get to? The story out of New York is just terrific. I saw the unedited video on this, and again I was starting my show prep after I saw the story about the F eighteen. I saw the faighteen getting shot down in the Red Sea. I saw this about the F train in New York, and apparently there's a woman sleeping on the train, some bottles of booze laying around. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. And then this dude from Guatemala, according to witnesses, threw a match on her and she just it was engulfed in flame. How that happens without some sort of accelerant being around, I don't know. But this woman's dead, burned to death on the subway train, the video shows. In the video I saw there was you've got the platform there and there's a person sitting on the bench. Whoever was shooting the video was behind the bench, probably twenty five thirty feet away from the train and you can see the flames in the train. This person just sitting there on the bench like h look at that. No one making a move to help this woman. And they arrest this dude from Guatemala, a migrant, A migrant from Guatemala. Really, it's been a while since I've been on the subway in New York City. But if I ever go back to New York City, I think I'm staying away from the trains. It is not good what is happening down there. And Katy Hochele was talking about I wish I had that SoundBite with me. She was talking about how crime is down, and there was a reporter there who just just called her out and she turns to someone on her staff and says, you want to handle that question? Oh you I'm not going to answer that one. Just shot that one off to someone else who happened to be there. So all the reports are coming out about what's been going on with this administration. One came out from the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee chaired by Jim Jordan of Ohio, the Select Committee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, and that committee has come out with its report only seventeen thousand pages, A breezy A light breezy read seventeen thousand pages. I'm not going to pretend as if I've read it, but I can tell you what Fox News had to say about it. The Weaponization Committee conducted rigorous oversight of the Biden Harris administration and the weaponization of government and uncovered numerous examples of federal government abuse. Jim Jordan told Fox News Digital. Through our oversight, we protected the First Amendment by investigating the censorship industrial complex, heard from numerous brave whistleblowers, stopped the targeting of Americans by the IRS, the Department of Justice, and created serious legislative and policy changes that will benefit Americans. The report, obtained by Fox News Digital states the founding documents of the United States articulate the ideals of the American republican guarantee to all Americans or all American citizens fundamental rights and liberties. For too long, however, the American people have faced a two tiered system of government, one of favorable treatment for the politically favored class, one of intimidation and unfairness for the rest of the American citizens. Under Biden Harris, the contrast between these two these two tiers has become even more stark. The committee was created to stand up for the American people, highlighting its work to bring abuses by the federal government into the light for the American people, and to ensure that Congress, as their elected representatives, can take actions to remedy them. The mission of the sub Committee was to protect and strengthen the fundamental rights of America. The report says, noting that by investigating and uncovering and documenting executive branch misconduct, lawmakers have taken the important steps to ensure that the federal government no longer works against the American people. The work is not complete. Seventeen thousand pages, and the work is not complete. Think about that. Throughout the Biden Paris administration, multiple agencies, multiple federal agencies, including the White House, have engaged in a vast censorship campaign against so called miss dis or malinformation noting. The report states, noting that the Subcommittee revealed the extent of the censorship industrial complex and detailed how the federal government and law enforcement coordinated with academics, nonprofits, and other private entities to censor speech online. And that has been that whole notion about the government doing these things to censor the speech to the American people has been one of the fundamental themes that I've been talking about on this and other radio stations for the last couple of three years. It is again an absolute scandal that these things were able to take place. In the panelist touting its work, saying its oversight has a real effect in expanding the First Amendment, and a Supreme Court dissent three justices noted how these select Subcommittee's investigation revealed that valuable speech was suppressed, and a letter to the subcommittee, Facebook and Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg admitted that the Biden Harris administration pressured Facebook to censor Americans. Facebook gave into this pressure the mooting posts and content that was highly relevant to political discourse in the United States, and another win for the subcommittee. In response to its work, universities and other groups shut down their disinformation research, and federal agencies slowed their communications with big tech. And I remember back on July fourth, when a judge told these federal agencies that they had to stop doing this. What was the reaction of the Biden administration, Well, it was to go back to the court to seek an injunction and so they could continue to strong arm big tech and social media companies so they could do what shut down suppressed the speech that the government didn't like, not because it was disinformation, not because anyone was going to be harmed by reading it. They wanted to shut it down because it was a narrative that they did not like. It was a narrative that was not approved, not approved as fit for consumption by the American people by this administration. And the depths of which they engaged in this are absolutely scandalous and so the and this is just the latest report to come out from this committee on Weaponization. I'm gonna have some more on this coming up, and if you have any thoughts on it. Five one three seven four nine seven seven thousand, five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred. As we roll on, Dan Carroll and for Brian Thomas on fifty five k r C, the Talk Station, fifty five KRC. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Sean McMahon rolling out my my favorite Christmas songs of all time. This one maybe maybe my all time favorite. This is the King Elvis Presley his rendition of Merry Christmas Baby. Okay, it goes on. It's like seven minutes long, it is, but it is. It is just fantastic. This is Elvis at his very best. So let's just hear a little bit of the King right here on fifty five KRC. Here we go, Marry Merry, Christmas Baby. Shoot it and you listen to this entire song. It's got this great bluesy feel to it, and I am Elvis just unleashes about five or six minutes into it. It is just fantastic. The music is great. Give me a Diamond Ring, Christmas, come on now. And every time I hear this song, it takes me back to the first time I ever heard it. That is a long story, and maybe i'll tell that one tomorrow. I could listen to this all day long. But getting back to the Weaponization Committee and the report they put out. You go to their website and the way they've done this is seventeen thousand pages, so it's not all one report, but it is dozens of separate reports, and they go on and they talk about how the Cybersecurity Agency colluded with big tech and disinformation disinformation partners to censor Americans. That's one report the FBI's collaboration with a compromised Ukrainian intelligence agency to censor American speech weaponization select subcommittees anarchus brief on Missouri versus Biden. That's the one. The Missouri versus Biden is the one where the judge came out and said, these government agencies need to stop doing this. The Biden Border Crisis. New data and testimony show how the Biden administration opened the Southwest border and abandoned interior immigration enforcement. Let's see, let's just open this. Let's see, let's just says do something at random here. The Biden Border Crisis. New data and testimony shows how the Biden administration open the Southwest border and abandon interior enforcement. Executive Summary. New data and information obtained by the Committee on the Judiciary and its Subcommittee on Immigration Integrity reveal that the Biden administration has failed to remove through immigration court removal proceedings over ninety nine percent of those illegal aliens who have been released into the country under President Joe Biden. This information contradicts the assertions of the administration and the statements of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Majorcis that the Southwest border is closed and illegal aliens are removed from the country quickly, and may orcusaid just in an interview this weekend where he is still lying about the Biden administration and what they did at the border. This new data reinforces widespread concern about the state of the border. More than two and a half years into Biden's term, his administration's border crisis continues unabated. Publicly available information so is that encounters of illegal aliens at the Southwest border surpassed one hundred thousand for the thirty first straight month thirty one straight months of one hundred thousand. Total Southwest border illegal alien encounters exceeded two point two million in the first eleven months of fiscal twenty three. In August of twenty twenty three, encounters of illegal aliens at the Southwest border skyrocketed to two hundred and thirty nine nine hundred and seventy two, and the unreleased encounter numbers for September of twenty three or reportedly shattered previous records, exceeding two hundred and sixty thousand encounters in a single month. Meanwhile, more than one point seven million known god aways have evated border patrol and escaped into the interior since January of twenty twenty one, with untold numbers of unknown god aways avoiding detection during that period. So this is just one element of the report detailing the illegals that have crossed into into the United States since Biden took office. Customs and Border Protection has accounted more than six point two million illegal aliens along the southwest border. Of the more than five million illegal alien encounters from January twenty one through March thirty first to twenty three, at least two million, four hundred and sixty four thousand Eagle aliens remained in the United States as of March twenty twenty three. And there's all kinds of charts and graphs and talking about majorcis and I mean, just how this guy cannot tell the truth about these matters. So look that up the Weaponization Committee, Jim Jordan and again seventeen dow. That's a lot of stuff, but the way they break it down on the website very very interesting. Six twenty six Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRCD talk.
Speaker 3: Station fifty five krc.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD talk station, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas Street Journal came out this past week Thursday with I think one of the most shocking stories, shocking reports about Joe Biden and how from the earliest days of the administration the people in his inner circle were running cover for him. Biden's aids were trying to hide his decline his first year in office. Of course, the networks didn't want to touch it. I've got some sound. O will play sound a little bit later, as Steve Doocy, who was really one of the few journalists who was all over this. But the story is absolutely shocking, and there's been a lot written about this over the last few days. And M. D. Kittle at the at the Federalist talks about how Biden had more meetings with his son's business associates than he did with his cabinet members. Peace published Thursday and the Wall Street Journal pools from dozens of sources who say Biden's inner circle of trusted aid's increasingly kept contact with the president at a minimum, including the people he should have had depended on the most to consult and advise for the good of the nation. The president who spent a good chunk of his term out of the office apparently was not all that keen on meetings with his cabinet secretaries. In fact, Biden may have met more often with his criminal sons sketchy clients than he did with his administration's top managers. Biden was such a political liability that his handlers hit him away. During the twenty twenty presidential campaign, he campaigned from his Delaware basement through the brunt of the election year. Strategy wasn't about to protect he calls him a feebled geezer from COVID as. It was designed to prevent the American voters from seeing what a physical and mental mess Biden really was. And even then, even when he was campaigning from his basement, there were so many gaffs and so many flaws, and so many pregnant pauses, so many disjointed sentences and conversations, things that didn't make any sense at all. Of course, the media was not about calling out any of that. We were, but that was just a total and complete, complete lapse of what the media is there to do, and they just totally gave up on what their job was. Over the past six week, presidential nominee Joe Biden has been running his campaign from his Delaware base. CBS News reported in April of twenty twenty, showcasing a fluff piece from The New York Times about how Team Biden was attempting to keep his campaign relevant during the pandemic the occasional program zoom calls, notwithstanding, keeping Biden relevant meant keeping him hidden, literally underground. Quaintly back then, Axios in its corporate media bedfellows were trying to convince America not to believe your lying eyes that there were two Biden's, the eighty one year old who had recently frozen up like so much freezer piece in his debate with former President Donald Trump and the viral campaigning Joe Biden. Turns out, Biden wasn't just hiding from voters, he was ducking his own cabinet. Interactions between Biden and many of his cabinet members were relatively infrequent, often tightly scripted. At least one cabinet member stopped requesting calls with the President because it was clear such requests wouldn't be welcome, a former senior cabinet aide said. The story further noted the cabinet members, including powerful secretaries such as Lloyd Austin, Secretary of Defense Janet Yellen, Secretary of the Treasury, were infrequent or grew less frequent. Some legislative leaders had a hard time getting the presidents here at key moments, including ahead of the US disastrous pull out of Afghanistan. As The Federalist has reported, Biden is alleged to have interacted with Hunter Biden's suspected clients countless times. So he did all that, but when it came to meeting with his cabinet members, they were few and far between. And I'm going to roll us in the next couple of segments. I'm going to roll some sound on this and it's it all makes sense now when you listen to the way Krine John Pierre was talking about it and what some of the some of the Biden supporters are still saying today. So we'll get to all that as we roll on throughout the morning until nine o'clock this morning. Dan Carrol for Brian Thomas, fifty five k r CV Talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: This is Ashley and.
Speaker 1: Gotta set the Moon a couple of days away from Christmas. You gotta love it. You listen to it all day long. Hey, that's what I'll do when I'm done today, I'll just go home and just play Christmas music all day, at least the stuff that I like. It would be fantastic. Sean McMahon, thank you for that. Let's hear a little bit. This is Karin John Pierre and this is a cut that goes back a little way. I'm I'm exactly sure on the date on this, but this was around the time that if you remember when Joe Biden did that event with Barack Obama, I believe it was out in California, and George Clooney was the one that put this event together. And then then there was a time towards the end of that event when Joe Biden was sort of just standing out there on stage and sort of in space and lost, who really didn't know where he was going, and Barack Obama walked up to him and escorted him off the stage. And it was after that event when George Clooney wrote the letter talking about how this guy cannot be the nominee, And so Karin John Pierre was asked about that, and this is what it sounded like back in the day. I believe that is cut Number two there Sean McMahon. There seems to be a sort of rash of videos that have been edited to make the president up here especially frail or mentally confused. I'm wondering the.
Speaker 6: White Houses especially worried about the fact that this this appears to be a pattern.
Speaker 7: Number thing more about Yeah, and I think you all have called this the cheap fakes video, and that's exactly what they are. They are cheap fakes video. They are done in bad fight and in some of your news organization have been very clear have stressed that these right wing, the white wing critics of the president have a credibility problem because of the fact checkers have repeatedly caught them pushing misinformation, disinformation, And so we see this and this is something coming from your part of the world, calling them cheap fakes and misinformation. And I'll quote the Washington Post where they wrote they wrote about this and they said, how are but can use misleading videos to attack Biden in a twenty four hour period?
Speaker 1: No, okay, that's enough right there. That was Karinn John Pierre, And based on the reporting that we had from the Wall Street Journal, people who were there, people who saw what was going on. They couldn't have meetings, didn't meet with his cabinet members. And you wonder why Kriinn John Pierre seemed like she was so out of the loop so many times when she would come out there to try and answer questions from the meetings, because there was no loop. She wasn't having regular meetings with it. She claimed that she did, but she couldn't sit down and have a meaningful conversation. He was incapable of doing it. And if you go back even a little bit further, this was Steve doocey, but not Steve do but Peter Doocy, White House correspondent for he was asking all the right questions. So Sean McMahon, if we have cut number one ready, I would like to hit that one. But this is Steve Doocy, not Steve, but I keep getting Steve Doocy's his dad, he's on Fox in front. But Peter Doocy again was one of the only reporters who had the a wherewithal to throw these questions out. Not just that he was asking, but we were all asking. And this is the main question right here, cut number one. If the Special.
Speaker 6: Council says President Biden's got significant limitations on his memory, then who is helping.
Speaker 1: Him run the country?
Speaker 7: The President of the United States runs the country.
Speaker 4: The commander and she runs the country.
Speaker 1: Not true with the nuclear codes.
Speaker 6: If I get that, you're saying that nobody in the building would say that he's got an issue with his memory. But just the little part of what we get to see made mistake after mistake after mistake after a mistake on.
Speaker 1: Camera this week.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to be very clear here. The reality is that report, that part of the report does not live in reality.
Speaker 8: It just doesn't. It is it is, it is, it is.
Speaker 7: It was gratuitous. You heard from you heard from Ian Sam's my colleague. It is unacceptable and it does not.
Speaker 3: Live in reality.
Speaker 9: That is just the facts.
Speaker 7: And and look it is a close case. That is what the Special Council said. And what matters is here is that the president in the last three years has delivered on the economy, has delivered on healthcare, has turned this country around after the last president left us with an economy that was in a temp.
Speaker 1: All right, that's enough. That's another corin. John Pierre just lying, lying, lying, and Dousey said there saying, look, we can see this with our own eyes. He's pointing to example after example, not stuff that is pulled from here, there and everywhere else this week. And you remember when the special counsel, the guy's name was her, came out and said he interviewed Joe Biden. And the only reason that Joe Biden wasn't facing criminal indictment or further action is because this guy was incapable of defending himself. He was essentially incapable of contributing to his defense. Not that he would have had well, obviously if this would have happened, he would have loayed up. But he was so compromised, so brain dead. And it was a bombshell report back then, and Deucey's asking the simple question that we've all been asking over the last three and a half four year years, who is running the country, and Karin John Pierre, well, the president is no, No, he's not. It was a lie then, and they continue to lie about it. And we'll talk about that on the other side of this. Dan Carrol for Brian Thomas, fifty five k R C the talk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five k the talk station Shopping.
Speaker 1: Fifty five k R see the talk station, Dan Carroll and from Brian Thomas, Sean mcman. You loving this Christmas music. This is great stuff, isn't it. Come on now, give me a little bit of See this is the kind of stuff that you that you don't hear every day. I could listen to this all day long. All right, let's get back to what we were talking about here. Chris Coons was on with Dana Bash on CNN over the weekend and they brought up there is surprisingly they actually brought up this Wall Street Journal report talking about how people in the White House were keeping Biden hidden away from not only the American people, but members of his cabinet. And so Dana Bash asked Chris Coons about this. Oh, by the way, Chris Coons became a Senator in twenty ten. So in twenty ten, Joe Biden was a vice president of the United States, and he's one of the ones who well he's not the one, but he is the one who's sworn the vice presidents wears in members of the Senate because the vice president is the president of the Senate. So if you've seen the video of this when Chris Coons is there, Chris Coons back in twenty ten, he's got a daughter, and she was very young back then. And if you've seen the video of Joe Biden doing these swearing INDs, you know that when it came the picture time, he would always position the little kid that was there with whatever senator and he would put them in a position where he was able to grope them gratuitously and disgustingly. And the one where he puts his paws all over Chris Coons's daughter is one of the most disgusting plays I've ever seen. And he does it right in front of Coons, right in front of his wife, and he gets away with it because he's the big guy, and Chris Coons is still carrying water for this guy. Absolutely unbelievable. Sean, can we hear cut number four? Please?
Speaker 2: You're a long time ally of Joe Biden. You sit in his former Senate seat. There was a report in the Wall Street Journal that was pretty detailed and pretty well sourced outlining concerns about the president's mental and physical fitness going back to the start of his presidency, even cabinet members who were kept at arm's length.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 10: I don't know whether cabinet officials were or were not kept at arm's length, where I know that four years the way I communicate with President Biden is not by hanging out at his house on the weekend or traveling with him overseas, but he calls me when he's got questions or concerns. And I'll remind you, in just the fight of the last couple of days, there are Republicans who've been saying that Joe Biden once again outsmarted them politically. So which one is it. Is he a savvy political operator who outsmarted them, someone who had the sense to step back and let them keep fighting with each other and in the end got exactly the spending bill that he and his administration and Democrats and Congress have been fighting for.
Speaker 1: Or is he someone who's completely a wall I think it's the former.
Speaker 10: And if you look at the record of his administration, how many massive legislative accomplishments he had as president, and the ways he made us safer and stronger at home and abroad, I'll take that record any day.
Speaker 2: You told Fox this week that you didn't realize that there might be something wrong until our debate. You know, looking back, are you comfortable with your support the fact that you were a co chair of his campaign, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I still support Joe Biden.
Speaker 10: I think he's a compassionate and decent man who has been a consequential president.
Speaker 1: But that was true.
Speaker 10: The first time I saw or heard anything that made me really question his fitness to service second term.
Speaker 1: Was that to be Oh, it was so. It was the debate, not until that. I know Joe Biden perfectly fine, perfectly, lucid, perfectly on the ball, fit to serve, on top of everything. He didn't have any problem. And then and this notion that there are Republicans just the other day saying dog Gunnet got out smarted by Joe Biden. Again, Wow, it's so tough to get the upper hand on that, dude. Never happened. It happened back in twenty twenty three. There were a couple of Republicans saying that. But the other day, I don't think so. Chris Coons is an absolute clown and a disgrace. Now it still gaslighting about Joe Biden and his ability to be President of the United States. Right there with him, great job, Chris, right there with him. Unbelievable. Five point fifty six on this Monday morning, a couple of days before Christmas on fifty five KRC, The Talk Station. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. Good morning, it is seven of six on this Monday morning. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. You get to be here tomorrow as well. Always love talking to the great Brian Thomas audience. A couple of days before Christmas. Joe Strecker also taking a day off. So Sean McMahon is here rolling out the Van Hallen for us this morning. Is that one of your favorites are Sean? Yeah, he loves this one. Well, that's good stuff. We have you well. Joe Biden has been busy this morning. Right after five this morning, Joe Biden announced that he has commuted the death sentences of child killers and mass murderers a couple. It's a fest of its miracle brought to us by the White House. That's just fantastic. Joe Biden this morning this morning commuted the sentences of thirty seven of forty men on federal death row, a list that includes at least five child killers and several mass murderers, in an act of clemency. Just two days before Christmas, Biden gave the reprieve to the nation's most violent murderers, nine of whom were found too dangerous to live after butchering fellow inmates. This is according to The New York Post. As part of his effort of ensuring a fair and effective justice system, the White House said, make no mistake, I condemned these murderers, grieve for the victims of their despicable acts, and ache for all the families who have suffered unimaginable and irreparable loss, Biden said in a statement. But guided by my conscience in my experience as a public defender, what was Joe Biden ever a public defender? He was also chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, vice president, and now President. I am more convinced than ever that we must stop the use of the death penalty at the federal level. In good conscious, I cannot stand back and let a new administration resume the executions that I halted. Biden, who opposes the death penalty, lowered each of the thirty seven sentences to life in prison without parole, did not say why. Specifically, he considered the original penalties unjust. Among those receiving the holiday year is Thomas Sanders, who in twenty ten, kidnapped and then shot twelve year old Lexus Roberts four times and then cut her throat in Louisiana. This days after the girl watched the Sanders murdered her mother on a road trip near the Grand Canyon. Christmas came early for Anthony Battle, who murdered an Atlanta prison guard with a hammer in nineteen ninety four. While serving a life sentence for raping and murdering his wife, a US marine. At nineteen eighty seven at Camp Lejune, North Carolina, Jorge A Via Torres sexually assaulted and stabbed a death two girls, Laura Hobbs eight and Crystal Tobias, nine, who had been riding their bicycles in their neighborhood in a suburb north of Io in two thousand and five. Four years later, he strangled a naval officer, Amanda Snell, just twenty years old, in her barracks in Arlington, Virginia. Laurie McHale, another clemency recipient, was convicted of murdering five Russian and Georgia immigrants after kidnapping them for ransom, which in some cases was paid before he killed them anyway. Caboni Savage meanwhile, was convicted of committing or ordering the deaths of twelve people, including four children, as a Philadelphia drug dealer. James Rohan Junior participated in the murder of eleven people as a drug dealer in Richmond, Virginia. Three of the men on federal death row who did not get a commutation Boston Marathon Bomber zoekarr Sonarev, who along with his brother killed three people in twenty thirteen. Robert Bowers killed eleven people at a Pittsburgh synagogue in twenty eighteen, and Dylan Roofe, who killed nine people at a black Charleston church and in twenty fifteen did not did not get the sentences commuted. The retiring president on December first, issued a blanket pardon for his own son, Hunter Biden, wiping the slate of his June conviction of three federal gun felonies, and in September his guilty plead a one point four million in tax fraud. Biden also commuted the sentence of fifteen hundred people at December twelfth who had been temporarily released from prison during the COVID nineteen pandemic, including Josephine Gray, the Black widow who killed two of her ex husbands and a third lover. Also readA Crunwell, a comptroller of Dixon and Illinois stole nearly fifty four million from fifteen thousand the fifteen thousand person town over two decades. So there you go, Joe Biden, What a great leader, what a great president, and spreading some Christmas cheer and holiday joy and a Festivus miracle to a bunch of death row inmates. That is just fantastic. It couldn't come from a And this whole notion that Joe Biden I saw on my Twitter feed over the weekend that Joe Biden is a great guy, a decent guy, and people are really wishing him well as he heads off to wherever he's headed after January twentieth. Just that's going to be sad to see him go. And I'm here to tell you nothing could be further from the truth. The guy. He is not a good guy or a decent guy in my opinion. Let's see, let's see, let's see what. Here's a SoundBite I wanted to get to Scott Jennings is uh is just fantastic on CNN and he it's surprising to me, they keep him around, but he's he's a sensible guy, a former member of Congress, I believe, and he sits on all these different panels on these different CNN shows, which means no one sees him because he's on CNN. But when his time comes to an end at CNN, I certainly hope he gets a more high profile position because he deserves it. And here he is talking about it is so much of the conversation this weekend is about Elon Musk, and no, we gotta we gotta be careful, we gotta be aware of Elon Musk. And they're using words like ola, gark and and all these terrible things that he's making don Donald Trump his puppet. And they were talking about Elon Musk over the weekend on CNN and Scott Jennings was just on fire shooting them down. And here's the here's the audio of that. And Sean McMahon, if we could please hear cut number five.
Speaker 2: Is this gonna wear thin with Donald Trump soon?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 11: I mean, look, they appear to be getting along well. Musk was very instrumental in his victory. And I hear Democrats, you know, criticizing the idea that we have unelected people with too much influence over the government. I invite them to pick up the Wall Street Journal from this week and find out that unelected people have been running the government for the last four years. I hear Democrats criticism criticizing the influence of billionaires on our politics when you've got this Soros punk running around collecting Democrat politicians.
Speaker 1: Like my kids collect Pokemon cards.
Speaker 11: So I think all the criticism of Musk coming from the left is totally hypocritical, totally over the top. And he is doing something interesting, bringing some transparency to the federal government. It's not a terrible and.
Speaker 1: There you go, there's Scott Jennings. Pick up the Wall Street Journal. Now you want to talk about unelected people running the government. That's exactly what's been hiding or been happening with the Biden administration. And so you know, all this handwringing about Elon Musk, and look the Democrats they're not upset about a rich guy using his influence, and really that's all Elon Musk is. He's a rich guy who's got some influence. He's going to be heading up the doge along with vik Ramaswami and it's going to be it's going to going to be just some some of the most fun we've ever had talking about politics when the Doge gets up and running. But they're they're not upset that that a rich guy is having some influence. They're upset that Elon Musk is showing through his ownership of X and through what he has been doing, that the American people have easier, much easier access to information about what is really going on, and it's exposing the absolute garbage that these lawmakers in DC are trying to shove down our throats. Seven sixteen, A little late for a break here, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station. The new and improved free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 8: App is.
Speaker 1: Sama's halfway gone.
Speaker 8: And the snool.
Speaker 1: Christmas Time has come in, but the blue keep behind well. Fifty five KRCD Talk Station. This is jumping Joe Whiting and Christmas meeting like it used to be one of my all time favorites Christmas Eve, and with that we welcome in a guy who's going to have a great Christmas. This year, Chris Smitherman, I'm looking at your ex feed and you put up a picture of the first grandchild, and uh that that is going to be just a fantastic Christmas at your house. So congratulations to you and your family. How are you today, Oh.
Speaker 8: Thank you, I'm good. I'm good, Dan, thank you so much for having me on. And what a great Christmas present to see my oldest son and his wife, you know, come through the door with a two month old baby boy. So I'm very happy for them, proud of them, and happy to see the next generation continue. So it is an exciting time. And I tell you, I don't know where all the time went then. I don't know. Uh, you know, I feel like I just graduated from from high school and with that prom and now I'm a grandfather. Crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't get any better than that, does it.
Speaker 8: It doesn't get any better than that. And I'm so I'm so blown away. Brother. I can just tell you to pivot into what I'm seeing in New York because I think I think then, and I've been listening listening to the show and about all the pardons that the President Biden is doing, and kind of like the schizophrenia of it all. But you know, when I look at what happened in New York where you have and a lot of your your listeners might not know this story where a man gets on a subway and sets a woman on fire who is sleeping, that's not an exaggeration. Then goes to a bench and watches her be on fire, and at some point there's even video out there showing him stanning the woman while she's on fire, giving the fire oxygen.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. I've seen that video. That's terrific.
Speaker 8: It is absolutely horrific. And the context of two weeks ago with the veteran who was on a subway system in New York Underground and got involved with a man who said I'm going to kill people and I don't care what happens to me. He intervened, and prosecutor brags puts him on trial where he's facing fifteen years in prison. Imagine today if Penny had been at that point found guilty and you and I were sitting here watching a woman on fire, and that fire was set by somebody from Guatemala who was in this country illegally and most likely because I don't know the fact pattern. The woman that was set on fire most likely is an American. So you have someone who's here in our country illegally on a New York subway where a woman is sleeping and sets her on fire. She's guilty of sleeping. And we're sitting around as a country talking about and these are mayors and governors across the country then saying they're not going to cooperate with Ice, that they're going to have sanctuary cities or sanctuary states like California. And you and I are just worried about getting rapists and murderers off the street, whether they're Americans or whether they're illegally in our But there's something that just rubs us really wrong as an American to have somebody illegally here who came across our border without our permission, who kills an American.
Speaker 1: It's a horrific thing. And the thing is this story is not a one off. This is the kind of thing that has been happening almost on a daily basis, Chris Smith. And under this administration, you've got people out there, You've got what is it the trend de Argua, the group from Guatemala that is up here running roughshot over these apartment complexes in Texas and other states, and thank God for Tom Home and he called them out over the weekend saying that they're number one on the list and he's going to get those people out of here. But the fact that this has been allowed to happen, and that there have been so many American lives that have been disrupted and absolutely ruined because of these policies that allow these things to happen is an absolute disgrace. Chris, we got to get to a quick break here, but we'll continue with you on the other side. It is the Smither Vent on this Monday morning, Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas on fifty five krc DE Talk Stays fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 3: Forever has a natural beginning, Start your Future Together.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC DE Talk Station, Dan Carolyn for Brian Thomas. A couple of days before Christmas, and that means we because it's a Monday, we are glad to have always glad to have Chris Smitheman on for the smith event and Chris Smithman a little bit later on this morning, I'm going to be talking with Sharon Coolidge of the Cincinnati Inquirer. She is reflecting on ten years of covering City Hall, and she published a piece a couple of days ago, taking a little walk down memory Lane about some of the greatest hits at City Hall, and one that jumped out to me. She talks about covering the streetcar back in twenty sixteen and all the all the all the talk to it seemed like back in that time, if you remember, it was all we talked about on talk radio was was the streetcar and what was happening with that? And you know, at this point in time, are you able to look at the streetcar and say that it has been a success by by any measure at all? Or and you know, am I wrong on that? Are is there something that we can point to and say, yes, the streetcar has been good for Cincinnati in this way, this way, and this way.
Speaker 8: Well, I think we now I'm going to tie things together. We now can say that there were a lot of people who were promoting the streetcar who are providing a lot of information that we know now the media gets it wrong very often. That is not where Sharing Coolidge was. I'm talking about broadly, when you turned on the TV, the people out there that were saying this was a great project. It was one hundred and fifty million capital project, ninety four million in debt, and we were told that the writers were going to be paying as much as two sixty five at the time of the discussion when we were collecting signatures and trying to place the issue on the ballot for voters to say yes or no to the project. And what I will share with you is that we all we know now that you can get on a streetcar this loop, this three mile loop downtown that really goes nowhere, that is costing taxpayers five million at a minimum to operate it, and five million a year to service the debt. So we're ten million dollars of our budget, your hard earned tax dollars across fifty two neighborhoods. This is one neighborhood where ten million is coming out. We know the street car was a debacle. And by the way, I was someone working with Todd Purtun when I was sitting on what was called the Transportation Improvement District supporting heavy rail from the stadiums to Dayton. Well, we've blown that out of the water because voters now don't even trust city Hall to put forth some type of viable train transportation system because they called that heavy rail, they called that transportation, and it really is just a ride. Like at King's Island. It was a debacle, very very bad decisions by those who supported it at City Hall. And I tell you there's probably a lot of people who are looking at this, who voted for it, who are listening to our conversation, who now can see the ideas. Just like the nineteen ninety six stadium deal, where people said great, great, great, it wasn't great. It has been defined as the worst stadium deal in the United States of America. And if we don't watch out, we'll find ourselves in another situation. So these capital projects I share with you, they define city Hall. I agree with sharing Coolidge. It is clearly a defining moment. And as you and I are talking, they're planning on trying to connect the streetcar up Vine to you see, we can't afford it, Dan Carroll. It's not about whether you and I are sharing Coolidge or somebody says whether we support streetcars or not. I'm simply saying it's something we can't afford. It's not a priority. There's so many other things that we should be doing with those scarce resources.
Speaker 1: One of the things I recall doing talk radio back when the streetcar was the main issue, was that there were several meetings that happened at Cincinnati City Hall about this, and it would it would come out after the fact that Milton Dehoney, who was a city manager at the time, would have information about a feasibility study or information about the streetcar that he did not share with members of city Council until after a key vote, and important vote was taken that took the next step in the production of the streetcar. And I remember thinking about that, and I'm thinking that with this guy's the city manager of the City of Cincinnati, he's got a fiduciary responsibility, but yet he's withholding this information from council members so the vote goes his way. And as I recall, he was never called out for that, he was never taken the task for that, he never paid any political price or a personal price for withholding important information from members of council before they took votes on this.
Speaker 8: Look seen, and you're right about his administration, meaning the administration that attempted to sell all parking in the city of Cincinnati. It wasn't just parking downtown, it was parking across the city of Cincinnati. We would have looked like Chicago's parking. They also tried to sell our water system. They tried to charge us a trash fee of nineteen fifty, which probably would be fifty thousand a month. It was nineteen fifty per month at the time. And let me share with those that are in the region who pay a trash fee, it's different for the people who live in the city of Cincinnati who are paying an income tax. So we're paying an income tax that they are not paying, and we pay that tax for basic services in the city of Cincinnati. So if they want to get rid of the earning tax and then bring in some fee structure, that might make sense. But that was double taxation. You're already charging me to pick up my trash at the time when you were charging me two point one percent in income tax. So I was going to clarify that for those who are listening. And then, of course they sold the railroad, which I still believe today as I sit here, was a horrible financial decision for us to get rid of that bring in one point six billion dollars and put it in, you know, behind a board, and now we don't know what exactly is going on and how many dollars are flowing into the city to deal with Our roads are basically our infrastructure. So City Hall is off track, There's no question about it. The mayor of the City of Cincinnati is off track. And at the bottom line, I want to know, will mayor pure vol cooperate with ICE, meaning we are a sanctuary city. If we have criminals in the city of Cincinnati, will this council, will this mayor put a resolution forward that says we will cooperate with ICE. They are not the KKK, as the Vice President of the United States, Kamala Harris has indicated that the ICE is not the KKK. Our family is from the South, Dan Carroll, my father from Birmingham, Alabama, my mother from Montgomery, Alabama. They met at Tuskegee Institute. And let me tell you, from a Southern family, we know what the KKK is and it is not ICE. And that was one of the most ridiculous things that Vice President Harris said. And at the end of the day, will our mayor will the city has since that, we talk about Chicago. We talk about New York. We live in Cincinnati. Will they cooperate with ICE?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it would serve this community well if they would come out and make a declarative statement on that one way or the other. Because Tom Homan has come out and said, look, if you've got these mayors or governors or municipalities that want to stand in our way, then he's prepared for that. He is ready to take the steps necessary to work around that, and even if that might include some possible criminal charges for those who want to stand in the way of him getting the job done that he seeks to do. So it's going to be an interesting time, I think when after January, because he's ready to go on day one, he is, he is ready to Tom Homan is ready to go on the first day and uh and start implementing that policy of those mass deportations. Chris smitheman, one more quick, let me take a quick break here and then go ahead, got it?
Speaker 8: You got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's take.
Speaker 8: Quick I'm gonna say I'm gonna say, Dan Carroll, why is it that Democrats are Republicans and independence or whoever are arguing over we over us wanted to get criminals out of our community.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it seems to me like it and because that that's where it's all going to start. But yet CBS was up in Springfield, Ohio this weekend, UH talking with people and uh and and and trying to to pull up the heartstrings of the American people, talking about these uh, you know, the these these poor put upon immigrants who've come to this cint just looking for a better way of life. Life, that's all they want, and you know, don't want to hurt anyone, don't want to. No, it's the criminal element is going to be the first ones targeted. And I think that's a good place to start. Chris Smithvan stay right there. We'll work in a quick break and then continue on with the Smith event on fifty five KRC DE talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC seven. Dan Carroll in for Brian Thomas. I got a cool it's cold today, but it's not going to be that cold on Christmas Day. But we are continuing Chris Smithaman and the Smith event and Chris Smith. We were talking about Sharon Coolidge and her reminiscence of ten years covering City Hall. If I let me throw some names out at you and you tell me the first thing that jumps to mind. Here, okay, here, here are the names, uh pg sitting feld Tamaya, Denard great Landsman, Chris Sielbach, and Wendell Young. If I throw those five names out at the Gang of five, that's a little trip down memory lane, isn't it not? Not not a great one? But uh is it just me?
Speaker 12: Am I wrong?
Speaker 1: That I have not really totally forgiven these people for for this, uh, this egregious trap. This to me was assumption, an affront to the to the people of Cincinnati. Uh, the way they carried on and just uh really, the the disgusting nature of this, this whole episode of the whole Gang of five. And and to my way of thinking, they may have paid a political price for it, but when it comes to what they did to me, it was just completely inexcusable.
Speaker 8: Well what blew me away was how the Democratic voters advanced Now congressmen are Landsman. Yeah, and so even after the Gang of Five, and these are people that say that they are so into the Constitution and they're so worried about the subversion of democracy. And here's a guy who literally was texting amongst his colleagues to undermine city voters on what was taking place with their government. That's what they were doing at the heart of it. And you know, Judge Rueman said they should never be reelected for being involved with it. And it was disgusting, clearly. But we now you know this, our community has now advanced him to Congress, and that's why there's so many voters out there who get disenfranchised or get so concerned about about their government. You know, I want to pivot and just talk about one of the things, which is Fanny Willis down in Georgia, who this week was disqualified by the Supreme Court to move forward on this case where they were saying that now President elect Trump in some way had interfered in their election. And so finally, right, some adults have come in the room and said, listen, what you do in your personal life is no business of ours. We don't even care about it. But what we do care about is if you're in a relationship with your employee and you're paying them six hundred and fifty or seven hundred thousand dollars in an area where he has no professional experience to prosecute a case like this. This has been clearly documented. But now you want to say you want to pursue the President of the United States of America. So I'm glad to see that the appellate court said, listen, we're putting you in time out, and all of your entire office you're in time out. And let's see if a grown up comes in another special prosecutor and says, guess what, we are dropping these charges that should never have been brought. We're now looking at it with fresh eyes, and we can see this is a case that should never have gone forward. So you see what's happening in Georgia. We see what's happening in New York where they're saying, we're gonna hold this case for four years. We're going to try to hold this over the head of the presidency of these day charges which were all no pun intended, trumped up, which made no sense as it relates to what is happening in the New York case. But when will we as a country just step back and say you cannot use the law to undermine your political adversaries. The people that are running against you. So to me, all of that is tied in the Gang of Five. We've now advanced one of them to Congress. We now have these cases in Georgia, we were in Florida, in New York as examples, meaning using the law, using the government, using the system to subvert the American public.
Speaker 1: And it all ties in even further if you ask me, because over the last few days we've had this budget battle that's been going on a Capitol Hill, and there are so many Democrats now who are complaining because Elon Musk took the lead and dared to expose some of the things that were contained in this fifteen hundred page budget bill that included protections for the January sixth Committee and members of Congress were they to be investigated. So they wanted to continue on with this two tier justice system, and that was shoved into the budget bill. So the ability for the American people to know and understand what is going on behind the curtain in the halls of government. That this was exposed, and the American people saw it and demanded of their members of Congress that they not approved this, I think is what a lot of these Democrats a lot of those on the left are really upset about because they they have been doing this for so long now, just carrying on and getting their way and doing whatever they want. We all remember when Nancy Pelosi said, we have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill. And they've been operating under this notion that the American people somehow don't have the right or shouldn't have the ability to know what's in it and to comment on it before they vote on it. And so the whole, this whole notion that you know, they are the ones who are suppressing freedom of speech, but yet when that same freedom of speech is used to expose the truth, well they just they get all bent out of shape about Look.
Speaker 8: Elon Musk is one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the last two hundred years, bottom line, in the world. And remember Elon Musk, well, the Democratic Party's poster person, meaning they loved him because of Tesla and his push for electric cars and his push for space travel which has been which has been phenomenal private space travel. And so this notion now that when he bought Twitter, that he now has branded X for forty four or forty five billion dollars. He now has become the enemy of the Democratic Party because he is actually exercising the democracy of information, meaning you can now go on his platform and actually put out the truth and allow the public to decide whether they want to read it or not read it. That was not happening under the last leadership of the owners of Twitter. And so this, this leveling of the democracy has put what I would say mainstream media back on its heels because now you have a present that who's willing to go around the podcast, go around to places like Twitter in order to get their their their message out about what's happening. I want to just touch on those partons that you were talking about, you know, I think about that that judge who was who was taking cash for putting young people in private prison and one of those young people committed suicide that President Biden pardoned. No one knows what he's doing. I don't think he knows what he's doing. I think these are people within his administration who are leveling out these partons that he's signing off on. But I tell you they are really really outrageous. And you saw the governor of Pennsylvania, who is Governor Shapiro, who is, by the way, a Democrat who had to speak out about the parton of the judge who was taking money for cash to put young people in private prisons. I don't know what the White House is doing. I think that the biggest scandal of the White House is actually his health status. And ultimately all of that is going to come out in the next six months as the new administration takes power.
Speaker 1: All right, well, christ Mitherman, the time always flies by. This is the last time we'll probably have a chance to talk before Christmas. I'll give you the last word. Do you have a couple of thoughts fall or two on Christmas? As we as Mary sign off for this.
Speaker 8: I would just say, Merry Christmas to you, Dan Carroll and happy New Year. And I would say, as a financial planner, put your budgets together, stay within the budget for your Christmas holiday shopping, don't try to overdo it, and make sure that you are saving accordingly for your deferred issues like retirement, because Social Security is just not going to take care of you. I think if people start, if they do that, they don't get hurt over the holidays with over shopping, and they put a plan together to begin to save on a monthly basis in the new year. It will be a great New Year's resolution. Merry Christmas and happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Chris Smithervent all the best to you, my friend, and we definitely hope to talk to you again in the new year.
Speaker 8: Thank you brother.
Speaker 1: All Right, there you go, Chris Smitheman and the smith Event. That guy is the absolute best. Seven fifty two Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC The Talk Station. Fifty five KRC the talks Station. Since two thousand and eight, Linder Center of Hope has served as a lifeline the tens of thousands who faced mental illness or addiction. You know, one in four Americans. Bill will be you mangan.
Speaker 8: To have.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station, Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas a couple of days away for Christmas twenty twenty four thanks to Chris Smithman always makes time. When I get to fill in for Brian Thomas on a Monday morning, I always appreciate him being here. Really one of these just one of the all time great guests that you can possibly have on So I appreciate him and congratulations to him and check out his twiz x feed and you'll see the picture of him with that brand new uh, that brand new grandchild in his arms. It's just a great picture. And if that doesn't bring a smile to your face, I don't know what will. So congratulations to Chris Smitherman and and his beautiful family. Let's open up the phone lines five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred. I've been yacking a lot this morning. If you want to join in, I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on the other side of the news here at the top of the hour, and then at the bottom of the hour, we'll be checking in with Sharon Coolidge of the Cincinnati Inquirer as she reflects on ten years of covering City Hall and do you talk about a little trip down memory lane? That will be some good stuff with her, So we invite you to stay tuned for that as we roll on till nine o'clock this morning on fifty five KRC, the talk stays.
Speaker 12: There's no shortage of stuff to talk about in twenty twenty five. The conversation is happening here on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: This reporter, Good morning, fifty five KRC the talk station eight oh five Dan Carroll in Fort Brian Thomas a couple of days away from Christmas. Today is Monday, December twenty third, Christmas Day. Of course on Wednesday, I get to be here tomorrow for Brian Thomas too, so I'm looking forward to that. I hope you can be here as well. I've been talking all morning about some of the reports that have come out really uncovering what's been going on in the last four years in the Biden administration. And the most shocking one, I think is the Wall Street Journal report that came out on Thursday. They talking about how Joe Biden really has been unfit to serve the entire really the entire time. And then and look at they had meetings that had to be cut short, kept kept cabinet members away, and just did all sorts of things unelected people in the White House who had to put up a wall between Joe Biden and the people that needed to deal with him on a daily basis. And then you have this piece in bright part that the Biden administration deported about three hundred and ninety thousand fewer illegals over the last four years than Donald Trump did, and they and they like to talk now about how they're you know, they're getting the border under control. May Orcus was doing an interview. Let me see, if I let me hold on one second, I see if I got that interview with may Orcus, would I got the report on it? Anyway? But may Orcus was talking about over the weekend about executive action could have here He is right here. May Orcus admitted, in hindsight, executive action could have been taken account of the irresponsible politics that killed the bipartisan border negotiations. Now, I'm so sick and tired of the people like him and others acting as if this bipartisan border deal was the ticket to salvation as it relates to illegal immigrants and all the rest of it, that border deal was going to be an absolute disaster. And let me see, here's may Arcus. Remember where we were when the president took office. Mayarcus said, we're in the midst of COVID nineteen. He was on face the nation this weekend. We were in the midst of COVID nineteen pandemic, the prior administration everything, Hey, have you noticed that when it comes to this administration, everything they talk about every problem that they had, couldn't get the economy going because of the pandemic, had border crisis because of the pandemic. Everything because of the pandemic. And they talk about how they know as if they were the only ones that did have the wherewithal to deal with the pandemic. But everything was wrong because of the pandemic. And so we've been overcoming that had a lot of work to do their overcome that pandemic. But he talks about the pandemic. Prior administration imposed Title forty two Public Health Authority and enabled the US to expel individuals, to continue to expel individuals at the border as the prior administration done. There was tremendous pressure to remain to maintain the working of Title forty two until May twenty three. But it doesn't matter. They still let thousands and millions of illegals in. Where was the vetting there? Where was the the health screenings when all these people were coming in? Now you and I had to be on lockdown and wear masks and all the rest of it. And he goes on and on and on talks about the bipartisan border bill, But the real border bill was the Secure Border Act of twenty twenty three that was passed by the House and sent to the Senate. Some of the things that border bill, and this is the real border bill. So anyone who anytime you hear someone like Majorcists or some Democrat or anyone else talk about well they you know, the Republicans, they didn't they did want to pass this border bill, bipartisan deal. There was already a bipartisan deal was that was already approved in the House. Some of the things this bill would have done required the Department of Homeland Security to resume activities to construct all along the border. Not only did the Bide administration not want to construct the wall as we speak, they are selling portions of the materials used to build that wall that have been sitting around for the last three and a half four years. They're selling those things for pennies on the dollar, all that material. It would have provided statut statutory authorization for Operation Stone Garden, which provides grants to law enforcement agencies for border security operations. Prohibits of DHS from processing the entry of non US nationals arriving between ports of entry, prohibits Department of Homeland Security from processing the entry of non US nation. This border bill that may Orkis is talking about would have accelerated that. They talk about, Oh, we're going to get all these border agents. Why they weren't there to keep people out. They were there to facilitate the entry of people into the country. They were going to expand the types of crimes that make an individual ineligible for asylum, such as conviction for driving while intoxicated causing another person serious bodily injury or death. But no, we know that because of the report that came out a couple of months ago talking about the high number of criminals, the people who had been convicted of murder or drug dealing or trafficking or any number of horrible crimes. Somehow this administration saw fit to just overlook all that and allow those people to come in with no problem at all. And now Breitbart over the weekend put out this story about the number of deportations. From fiscal twenty one through fiscal twenty four, the Biden administration deported five hundred and forty five thousand illegal aliens from the United States. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it. Five hundred thousand people deported get out of here. Well, that's just a fraction of the estimated eight million that came in over that same period, So eight million in five hundred thousand out not exactly an equal equation. While deportations spiked in fiscal twenty four or yeah twenty four to nearly two hundred and seventy one thousand, Biden's insistence on drastically cutting deportations in his first three years in office has ensured hundreds of thousands fewer illegal aliens had been deported than otherwise would have been. For example, in Trump's first term, from fiscal twenty seventeen through fiscal twenty twenty, more than nine hundred and thirty five thousand illegals were deported from the United States. Compared to Trump's first term, Biden's reduced deportations by more than forty one percent. More importantly, perhaps the Biden administration slash deportations of illegals removed from the interior of the United States by more than half compared to Trump's first term. So that's all I've heard over these last several weeks is these people trying to talk about how Biden's immigration policies are actually tougher than Trump's. But nothing could be further from the truth. So it's just just just keeps piling on and these people cannot be gone soon enough. Let me see, I was going to play another got some more audio. I want to get to what we've got it. We are break coming up here and then we'll hit some more audio on the other side of this, And this one is I've got another cut from Peter Doocy and Don Todd Lemon. Don Lemon, formerly a CNN is out there now and I don't know. I think he's had a couple of job opportunities that dropped up, and I think he's trying to do his own thing on I don't know if he's got a YouTube channel or what. But he walks around the streets and doing man on the Street and interviews with a microphone, and he was talking to some dude in New York and just got just got completely owned. It's pretty good. So we'll play that on the other side of this, but yeah, stick around for that. That's going to be pretty good. Then at the bottom of the hour, we'll talk with Sharon Coolidge as she talks about her her ten years covering City Hall, So stick around for that. Dan Carroll from Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC The Talk Station, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: It's the most wonderful time of the year now through December twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Jeff Ruby Gibbon Silverbus, Silverbus is Christmas time and listity, fifty five KRC, The talk Station, getting ready for Christmas, rolling out the Christmas musically. Hear them ray side Christmas. I hear, I hear these songs playing, and I just want to be quiet. Let them play. Absolutely love it. Oh where are we at here? You got I gotta get a hit A couple more soundbites here.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Peter Doocy was on Fox News when this story broke about Joe Biden and how the wah Rejournal put out. Hey, they talked to fifty people at the White House who talked about what happened during the administration. And on the face of it, I may sound like I'm being a little bit hypocritical because I think about the Pete hag Seth hit pieces they came out where they said, this was the New York Times that oh, we've got ten people from Fox News and they're saying that, you know, Pete hagg Seth was late to work and he was you know, could spell alcohol in his breath and it wasn't prepared and it really just I'm not making good decisions and it really shouldn't be Secretary of Defense. Well, what happened when that piece came out? What happened? People that knew, people that know Pete hagg Seth, people that worked with Pete hagg Seth privately and publicly came out and said these stories are not true. Reporter after anchor after anchor, producers, people behind the scenes, people that I know personally that work at Fox News told me that these stories were not even close to being true. By contrast this story with these sources talking about what happened in the Biden White House. Has the White House come out and refuted any of this other than Chris Coons, who I played that SoundBite earlier, who even said, well, I didn't see anything wrong with Trump, not up until the debate that might have noticed a little something. That's about the best defense that we've had of Biden so far on this. People are not coming out and putting their names on this and saying this story is false. This is not how the administration rant. I haven't I didn't see corre I didn't see anything over the weekend to suggest that this story is not true. And so Pete Doocey was talking about this with his friends on Fox News and he was like, look, I called it out in real time. I was there. I saw it all happen. Listen to Pete Deosey talk about it. Cut five.
Speaker 6: I had a front row seat to a lot of this and at various times was basically told not to believe what I was seeing or hearing. The president misspoke the president as a cold But now the damn appears to be breaking. This Wall Street Journal item interviewed fifty people familiar with Biden's operation, and it raises a lot of questions about who was making key decisions. Er you mentioned the Afghanistan withdrawal. If the president was as diminished as this story makes it sound, that would be a huge problem, and it could explain why certain decisions were made that turned out to be catastrophic and why no apologies were ever made. To your point, Brian, when the cabinet met all nine times, which is the least in the last several decades that a president has had their whole cabinet together in an entire term, there was a different item a few months ago, where cabinet secretaries were being asked to submit their questions for the president behind closed doors in advance, and they were being told to keep it quick because the way that it worked was they would ask a question that was pre screened and then the president would have a card with the answer, even in a closed setting. And I hear a lot of the complaints about and there was a bite in the open. Why wasn't there more coverage of the president's age and acuity earlier? Well, a lot of the stories that you hear kept asking, I kept asking the whole time, And a lot of the stories that we would hear that we would try to report out our second hand. But it's a lot of stuff like, oh, you would hear from somebody on the staff or somebody that works at the White House. It looked like the president was falling asleep somewhere. Okay, hard to confirm that, but we have tape of him falling asleep as recently as his most foreign most recent foreign trip.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: There's Peter Doocy talking about what was going on, things that he knew, things that he saw, and the questions that he was asking the same questions the rest of us were asking, who is running the country? I am seeing these things with my own eyes, what is really going on? And I played earlier Karin John Pierre as she responded to that, Well, look, this just doesn't comport with the facts. The facts are totally different than what you're seeing. And well, this was really a hallmark of that entire administration. And think about when you have a cabinet meeting, when you have your closest advisors, the secretaries of all these different departments, and you're the president of the United States, do you want to have questions written down, submitted in writing, and then have a pre programmed answer. Is that the way that's supposed to work. Isn't this how you get to the root of a matter, the root of a problem, by having a free wheeling discussion, by having back and forth, give and take, asking questions in real time. And it's not just the cabinet member, the cabinet secretary, the Secretary of Defense or the Secretary of the Interior or whatever is. The Secretary of State comes in, Oh, I've got a question for the president. Write it down and we'll have an answer for who's writing those answers. If Joe Biden doesn't have the capacity to discuss these things in full with members of his cabinet, then who is We still don't have those answers, and you wonder if we'll ever get it. We got to get to a break here and then after the at the bottom of the hour, Sharon Coolidge from The Inquirer is going to be here and I'm looking forward to talking with her about her ten years of covering Cincinnati City Hall. So stick around for that. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRCV Talk.
Speaker 3: Station fifty five KRC Dale Donovan here for.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc the talk station eight thirty one on this Monday morning, a couple of days before Christmas in the land snows business. And I gotta tell you, I saw this story a couple of days ago that Sharon Coolidge is celebrating ten years of covering City Hall, and I said, you know what, I'm going to and see if she'll come on the show. And dog gone it wouldn't you know that? She said yes? And Sharon Coolidge, it's great to have you back on the radio. How are you this morning?
Speaker 9: Good morning? Celebrating is a stretch more.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I feel a certain kinship there because back in my news days, my beat with city Hall and uh and I used to run around City Hall when people like Nick Veer was there, and I go all the way back to John Merle scene. And one of my favorite things was to talk to to Tom Luken back in the day and do interviews with him. What an absolute blast.
Speaker 9: But you know, absolutely I overlapped a little bit there with him. You know, not a fan of the street car, so that was something that I did cover, So I did. I did have an opportunity to interview him on occasion, and that was history. That's history Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tom Lucan was was an absolute blast to sit there and just have a conversation. You know, back when I when I was covering City Hall, I used to be able to go there, walk around the halls and uh, if the if you know, just pop into one of the council members offices, sit around and then you know, it didn't always have the camera roll and it wasn't always on the record. Just sit around to chew the fat, you know, do a little background talk about things that were going on. Does that sort of thing still happen at City Hall today.
Speaker 9: You know, it does around meetings more because there's just so many different ways to communicate. Because certainly when I started covering just things in general in Cincinnati, it was more that. But there's so many different ways to communicate. We're not tied to a landline and so but I do definitely do that. You cannot do that in the Mayor's office, and that is something I have to say I miss because I wasn't covering city Hall but stopping in Charlie Lucan's office with Brendan Call. I mean, you would sit down and you would be there for hours, and then you'd come out and you'd write stories until midnight or one am, and you might take a break to go have a drink. But it's, uh, it's twenty four hour news. Now there's less sitting around. But the mayor's office is locked off. You know, in the land of security, higher security and things, you cannot just go into mayor's office. But I'm familiar enough with things. There's actually security guard on the third floor. But because I know the security guard and I can you know, she knows who I am, I can walk around freely as we had in the past, but it is very different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we uh, it was, it was. It was a lot and and you know a lot of mine goes back to uh pre nine eleven. So yeah, the concern the security concerns were a lot different back and back then than they are now. So Sharon Coolidge ten ten, I guess it only feels like twenty years covering City Hall. But I guess when I guess when you look back on it, the ten years really probably has blown by pretty fast for you.
Speaker 9: I would imagine, you know, it really has. And the whole story just came out of me talking about it in a meeting and to some younger reporters and saying and they were kind of blown away, and my editors like that story, write that story, and so that's what we ended up doing. But we didn't just I went to basically ten stories ten years now. It turned out like eighteen stories ten years. There's only so much room even on the Internet apparently that you got to cut this down, girl. So that's kind of where it came from. And I ended up doing a lot of behind the scenes and saying a little bit of my thoughts were never really going to say what I think because I have to be fair, right and stay unbiased. But it was some behind the scenes what I'm thinking in there, and it ran in the forum section and not the news section.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm telling you, I look at this piece and I had Chris Smitheman on later or not later, but earlier this morning, and we took a little walk down Memory Hall, and I asked him about the streetcar and we talked about the selling of the railroad, the Gang of Five and all those sorts of things. And I want to hit some of those with you. So Sharon Coolidge, stay right there. We're going to go a little break in here and then we'll continue on the other side.
Speaker 9: Okay, sound good?
Speaker 1: All right? Sharon Coolidge from the Inquirer is our guest, and we will continue on talking about her ten years covering City Hall as we roll on this morning on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station Runabiles.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC DE talk station eight thirty nine. Now we we are talking with Sharon Coolidge of the Cincinnati Inquirer. As we listened to a little that's a little Elvis there, isn't it? Yeah, a little Elvis. Nothing wrong with Elvis on Christmas Day, although we're a couple of days away from us. But Sharon Coolidge, you talk about some of the stories that you that you covered over the over the ten years, and again no way to get them all in there. But you're right that you were stunned when you learned that PG Sittenfeld was indicted on federal corruption charges. I mean, you look at this guy, and I didn't agree with this politics, but this guy had all the ingredients and all the everything there for it to become a political superstar. And I guess you know, ironically or sadly, however you want to look at it, he's really going to wind up being really no more than a footnote in the in the history of Cincinnati politics.
Speaker 9: Well we'll talk about that in a second. But I was so stunned. I heard before it happened it was going to happen.
Speaker 8: I I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't think I wrote this in the story about We'll just say it turned white as a ghost. I knew that there was Remember Ta Maya and Jess had already been indicted, and there's a third person. There's a third person. They never ever suspected that it would be Eg. I talked to PG every day of my knife, like he just he did so many things at city Hall. He just really he was going he was going to be the mayor, Like there's there's no other way around that. Plus but he did so much stuff on council. He was just really a leader and had a lot of ideas and championed a lot of things. And I wrote a lot of stories about him and went I didn't even believe it at first. I turned white as a ghost. My husband walks in the kitchen and is like, oh my god, are you gonna faint? He didn't know that I was on the phone or what was happening. I was that white and in shock. And then I had to keep a secret for a little bit. And plus you don't even really sources and everything, but you know, until something happens, it doesn't really happen. And so then it was kind of like, well, what's really going to be next? And that was a pretty quick turnaround, but it was really just unbelievable to think. But I have to say, we are still waiting. DG has appealed. Every part of the case with CG has been studying from that very first moment the fact his conviction. That moment, I sat in there and I listened to all of the testimony, and I did think the jury was going to do it. But then you think, oh no, the jury's really not going.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 9: And then you hear that in court and you hear you know, his his reaction, his family's reaction, like kind of like there's silent reaction. Just seeing it. That was stunning, and you're trying to grapple with all of that. But then for him, he's appealing to be let out of prison during his appeal. That was the day that Donald Trump was in town. JD Vance hosts did a big lunch in Indian Hill for him, a fundraiser, and Donald Trump's head. I'm at the airport waiting for Donald Trump's plane to land. Now you don't really get to talk to him or anything. Basically, you're just okay, he landed and he's on the move on the way the Indian Hell cut his story and our court reporter is, uh, the appeals court just let TG out of prison. I'm like, no, no, stop it, and he's like, oh no, oh no. I wrote that for I sat down a rock outside of the CVG and wrote that story with our court reporter while we were waiting for Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this guy was a he was He was like a rocket ship straight to the mayor's office. And then obviously I think he definitely had his sights set well beyond the mayor's office.
Speaker 9: Now PG has granted one interview in all of this time, and it's not to me, and I don't suspect that it ever will be to me. And then it was to the Princeton lam My magazine, and that in that story, in that very friendly article where of his alumni magazine's an odd place to give an interview, he said that he would he's not interested in pursuing running for office again. So you say, okay, but I'm sorry if he If this appeal gets overturned and we're again waiting any minute, we could hear this. His whole case can get overturned. It basically resets the clock to twenty twenty. It's he will have If it gets overturned, they'll say, no, he didn't do anything wrong. I would never say never to PG sitting filed running for office again. I just if that happens, it resets well where he started.
Speaker 1: If that happens, that will be a very compelling political story and something that I think that we have never seen here in the city of Cincinnati. I'm glad you you included the story about the sewer District. To my way of thinking, this was a story that really got far less coverage than it deserves. And I still can't help but think to this day there's still a lot more to the sewer District story than has ever met the eye.
Speaker 9: What say you, Oh, I agree with you. It was a huge story at the time that we're going back to twenty sixteen, though, And you know, do I think that things were looked at and maybe not done. I do, but I you know, you can't prove these things. There was a lot of civil fallout. People did have to pay back money. I mean that was gratifying. And you do hope that your work has impact, and every day is not that day. But the people who you know, myself and I worked on that story with Dan Horn found not to have done work and had these contracts and we're just getting paid. They have to pay that money civilly, uh and for the taxpayers, and that is a very gratifying thing to have happened, to have happened. Yeah, so at least there was something came out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, you talk about the six hundred and eighty million dollar memo in that and and I've I've always looked at that and I've said to myself, when there's that kind of money change in hands, there's going to be a lot of people that want to get their fingers in that pie. I think the another giant story was the Gang of Five, and it uh that that is a story, another story that has stuck with me for for these years now, and just it I remember reading about it at the time it was happening, and this was just I just couldn't believe, you know, when when I was covering city Hall, these kind of things were not done at city Hall. But yet you know, you've got sitting felled, Tom Lenard, Greg Landsman, seal Bach and Wendell Young who were who were doing this. And maybe it's not the most egregious thing ever, but it just it just seemed it just the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way, and I think it rubbed a lot of people in Cincinnati the wrong way. But you know, it turned out to be, well, you know, it is what it is. I don't know. I don't know how to slice it up.
Speaker 9: To me, that story is the kind of story that never needed to happen. First of all, don't have a side meeting in texts or whatever. Right, I'm of course, just don't do that. I do think that it happened, but instead of admitting it. I mean, this goes back to pg's hitting felt the different. I didn't even file the sauces. This is Brian shrib this is outsider saying we see that you did this, and that was that time at city Hall. You remember the Gang of Fi was going on at the same time as so many things, and it was the home camps were happening. I mean, I look back at those years and I'm like, how did I even function?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 9: There was others so much all at once, all at one time, and you know you don't do that. But that story ended up being so huge because PG wanted to deny it at every turn. No, I don't want to settle it and admit it. Right, That's how these cases end when there's like allegations of you had had private meetings or you didn't give some public records like you were supposed to, and in like pretty tepid settlement, sometimes without even money, just turning over the records and saying, okay, oops, we should have given you those and you have to fight for them, and that's never ideal. But no, we're not going to do that. Then they did try, and you know, we had that John Do case and try and drag Christopher's Mitherman into it, which Christopher all friend of your show, I know, had nothing to do with that, try and drag him in the courts, say no, that story could have been so and we filed the lawsuit. We're going to write about if this happened. And then here's the second story. They settled and this is what happened. But it was one story after another after another after another event. Judge Woven, he was not playing around. He released those texts and that was a very big deal to see what everyone was saying. So I just feel like it became much bigger than even it really needed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think that that story still reverberates through city Hall today?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: It yet? Yes?
Speaker 9: And no, of course people do remember it, But I can't tell you how many times I have to be like, don't text me that, just call me. Just call me, because my text to them about city business could also be considered uh, city business. If somebody else need a public records request, h are we texting? Stop texting? Or I'll make a public records request and you'll get some text back and emails and it's like, are you email and texting? We've already been warned. We know those are not even those could be public records. This is an old adage in news papering and the political work political world. If you don't want to see it on the front page, don't put it in writing, all right, because you never know. And again IFI is really.
Speaker 1: Proof of that, Yeah, you never know. Well, sharing cool is that there's so much more we can talk about, but we're up against the clock. Congratulations on ten years. Do you have another ten years in you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, kidding. You know what the best thing about it is it changes under me. I don't cover the same beat every day because it's constantly changing over there, and so I still learn things and I definitely have ten more years than.
Speaker 1: Me outstanding Well, Sharon Coolidge is it is always great when I have the chance to talk to you and you always give us the time and I always appreciated Mary. Chris, miss to you and yours and have a great new year and I certainly look forward to talking again. Same all right, Sharon Coolidge of the Inquirer, thank you very much, and with that we'll get to a break. Dan Carroll for Brian Thomas fifty five KRCV.
Speaker 3: Talks Days fifty five krc Hey, it's this Ney from on air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 13: Have your shirl, Oh Mary Little Christmas. Let your home be loved. From now on, our troubles will be out.
Speaker 1: And that pretty much says it all.
Speaker 2: On this.
Speaker 1: December twenty third, two days before Christmas. I get to come back tomorrow morning and do it all again, and I hope you can be here as well, Oh Mary Little Christmas Man. Thank you. I want to thank Chris Smitheman for being here. Sharon Coolidge. Great to hear her and talk about her ten years at covering City Hall. She says she's got ten more years left in her so that'll be a great coverage from her for the next ten years from the Cincinnati Inquiry. So thank you to everyone. And if we do not talk between now and Christmas. I hope you have a great Christmas and a great New Year, and we will see what happens tomorrow. I'm going to go home right now and get ready for tomorrow's show, so we will see what we have then. But until then, thanks for listening, and we'll see you tomorrow here on fifty five krc B Talk station.
Speaker 12: Your voice refreshing your country for reasonable American.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc D Talk station. This report is sponsored by