Speaker 1: Aren't y'all tired? No chemistry which was just ride. We actually that this is the Touchdowntown.
Speaker 2: Your week we Spot our NFL takes the topic of tan engines and context for the coach coaching so.
Speaker 1: Because you never know, but either way Away had.
Speaker 2: The touchdowns down.
Speaker 1: What's up? Good people?
Speaker 2: Touchdowns and tangents here Hawthorne, California. Your Thursday Night Spot for NFL takes topical tangents for the culture.
Speaker 1: Ir n P d cam Rio. I'm Kimmith Barry.
Speaker 2: And it's a big week this week, lots of news. NFL free agency got started.
Speaker 3: Sleep I'm surprised that the amount of money certain team spent, but really I'm just happy the Raiders haven't like jumped the shark, Like that's that's such news that the Raiders didn't overspend in free agency.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm it's actually kind of reassuring. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, I think it's good that they didn't just throw money away.
Speaker 2: But also, I mean, I would have liked to see them sign one or two marquee guys, but I guess Gino qualifies as one that was a great trend. Presumably if they, you know, trade for Tyreek Hill or signed Cooper Cup. I mean that's two. I guess there's still some linement out there they could get.
Speaker 1: But all in all, I thought it.
Speaker 2: Was interesting the Raiders basically let like four key rotation, no starters go, and they pretty much replaced them with guys who are very similar but probably better athletes.
Speaker 1: So I think that was kind of interesting for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I mean, Master kind of caught me off guard, but not off guard at the same time, like it made sense.
Speaker 1: But I was just like, really, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, it's kind of like Madison, He's just good enough to get you there. The offense isn't gonna be.
Speaker 2: There's so many good running backs in this class, though, so I'm not really worried about it.
Speaker 1: I don't expect him to start.
Speaker 3: I think you do need at least one veteran in the group, and it might as well be mostered or not you know who shall not be named.
Speaker 1: And we're white. No Brandon Balden. Jeez, he's not on the roster anymore. He's not in the league anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, But overall, I mean I'd give the Raiders public a B minus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's why.
Speaker 3: They got a quarterback and now the six overall pick for them is one of the most valuable picks in the draft for sure, because what if you're the Rams and you're like, we'll get your door and sit them.
Speaker 2: I just don't like the fact that they paid double digits for Adam Butler and Malcolm Coons.
Speaker 1: Those were bad signings to me.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say they're bad signings just because that's kind of where the market was a lot of guys at that cover were.
Speaker 1: Kind of getting, you know, double digits like that. Jonathan Allen was available for the Vikings.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't I didn't expect Nate Hobbs to get twelve million for four years.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean I expected Mowering to cash out, so that wasn't that surprising. You know, I expected Spillane to cash out, so that wasn't surprising. But you got a guy like Nick Hobbs was finished on r R the last three years, making you know, twelve million over four years like that. To me, it's just signaled that, Okay, the market, the money's out there, whether you've been hurt or not. And so then I think that at least rationalized it in my head for Coons and then seeing what Poon before got, seeing what Jared Reed got.
Speaker 1: Made it made you smile when you saw get the deal.
Speaker 2: But seeing the seeing where that that nose tackle d tackle market is, you know, it made sense. Butler got what he got. I mean he's improved the last two years. You know, he's Christian Wilkins guy. They've played together for I think they play together in Miami too for a little bit, so you know, you keep the core group together. I get basically what I'm saying is I get the numbers. I just don't like them. Is he gonna start Butler? Yes, I mean he started the last two years.
Speaker 3: I'm starter, not because either or Wilson is starting and already Why would you ever got twelve million? Who was hurt when your seventh overall pick? Who, by the way, when ahead of like three all pro players? Well, first off, like you gotta his figure options coming up.
Speaker 1: First off, I'm not really worried about that.
Speaker 2: I would be at the end of the day, whatever you get out of him is a bonus. I think they've built the team around not needing him and being able to move on without him if he doesn't produce this year A lot like you know, Cleveland. Farrell also also with Rahem Green is not better than him. Racheinon Green is equally a bust. He's not a bus though. He's equally a bus. He hasn't been in the league in a year. Bro excepted. No, he was like he wasn't on Houston. Actually, had it was out the league.
Speaker 1: It might have been hurt through. I mean, he's been hurt most most of his time in the NFL.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is what I'm saying is I mean, I'm fine with signing with Green, don't take anything away from it. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend like he's an outgrade over Tyree Wilson. They're probably, if anything, who probably the same.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I haven't seen Rasheina Green in two years basically. I mean I think he's more of a tackle.
Speaker 2: But yeah, back to your question, is I don't see why he can't start. I mean, in theory, Coots came in the league as a linebacker, so you can play him as a hybrid LEO type if you wanted to. Wilkins and Tyree and and Butler are all scheme versatile. They can also play fives or threes or ones.
Speaker 3: I just think you're stuck now with a guy who's a fringe starter.
Speaker 1: Who's that Butler? I mean most they can play some inside you.
Speaker 2: You look at the money, like the money Coats just doesn't make sense. I think it's only what two years Butler's contract, so you can get out of it next year.
Speaker 1: It's not that big to do. It's like three for eleven and a half?
Speaker 2: Is it pre sure? It's three for eleven and a half. Yeah, I thought it was too guaranteed, but it might be three.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean either way.
Speaker 3: Kons's contract was more than Butler's. Kon's is only one year though.
Speaker 2: Twelve million though, yeah, So but if Coons doesn't work out, you cut him in season, You cut him out there whenever you walk away, not to waste the twelve.
Speaker 1: Million you could have.
Speaker 3: You could have just let him walk and signed probably three other veterans. Who were you gonna sign for twelve million? You saw what Chaso got. Chas Song got six million off seven games.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants Isaiah Simmons, bro Like, literally nobody wants Isaiah except for you, Like you're literally the only one who wants it.
Speaker 1: If you were a GM of an NFL Euro team, you would have him on your squad starting out linebacker, cuz, yeah, covering occasionally blitz.
Speaker 2: He only played like thirty percent of snaps and with the Giants last year.
Speaker 1: He has been good. Bro.
Speaker 2: Since Patrick Grhant left, I think you really got to get off that train exactly.
Speaker 1: And Patrick grahamers like.
Speaker 2: You know how you had that that real top with me, and you're like, yeah, you gotta get off that Saquon hate train like two years ago. This is that moment for you. You got to walk off the the Isaiah Simmons glazing It's time.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. It's time calling it glazing crazy, It's time. He's still Actually.
Speaker 2: He might be a bigger bust than Aaron Curry that he might be a bigger bust in LeVar Arrington.
Speaker 1: He might be a bigger He might be a bigger LaVar wasn't a bust.
Speaker 3: He got injured and Washington was terrible, like the front like he talks about, like the horrible stuff that was happening in that franchise.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, but he was still a top five pick and only lasted in the league like five years.
Speaker 1: He had an eleven tax season and nine taxi and then.
Speaker 2: He fell off a cliff and he wasn't even a passpresher like that. He was supposed to be a strong side line but he was really supposed to be a mic. They just had a bunch of other linebackers, so they played him at outside line back and.
Speaker 1: He was that nice Jelly wasn't.
Speaker 2: Lavarrige is one of my favorite players of all time, but he fell off cliff. Well, yeah, he's like one of the first players I remember seeing, like literally.
Speaker 1: Fall off a cliff.
Speaker 2: In terms of productions used to be studied because Goblin turned down like twenty millions from the Patriots to go back to Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, Penn State guys interesting him. Saquan good boy, Ala Robinson.
Speaker 2: All right, you want to talk about the Rams what they did signed Davante Adams.
Speaker 1: I think we talked about that last week. But what did it happen last week? Yeah? I think it did happen. A lot's happened in the last week. Did it happen last week?
Speaker 2: It might have happened on Friday it was announced, might have happened on Friday. It might have happened after the show either way, DeVante Adams is a Ram. I think that's a great signing for them, especially because Rams fans now I have to admit that DeVonta Adams was always better Cooper Cup and pook Cool And yeah, he pretty much punched Pooka for his number, so that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Buddy went back to twelve. Yeah, so what else did the Rams do? I can't even tell you. They did lose some key guys, but.
Speaker 3: That kind of stands out the most is that the Davante signing is still better than Cooper Cup's contract.
Speaker 1: That's why they were able to cut him. Yeah, who else? They lost a Hoick?
Speaker 2: He got a you got a good sized contract with the Bills.
Speaker 1: I think of what else they did? They resigned Jimmy g is it backup? That was interest.
Speaker 3: So we're really breaking it down like the Rams. They can just obviously waits on the draft and they're chilling.
Speaker 2: They cashed out point A FOURD we talked about a little bit earlier. They lost Bobby Brown, another starting defensive lineman. He got a bag bro De Marcus Robinson went to the Niners despite a potential future career for them future suspension, and then they lost a few other defensive linemen. But outside of that, I mean, I think this year for them was really just throughout kind of getting their cap situation straight and figuring out what they're gonna put around Stafford.
Speaker 1: For one more run.
Speaker 2: But they still got to figure out paying Kyron and I think Pooka too. I think they gotta pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they can wait, well like a fifth round here. Yeah, but this is gonna be his third year, okay with Jamar and got paid.
Speaker 2: Next year he's gonna be a free agent. That's why you got to say a franchise, Marcus. I think he's a franchising. Yeah, but you don't want it to get to that point because at that point it's already so far gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but probably just gonna kick some of that money down the road.
Speaker 2: If you give him a contract now, it's gonna save you money later because you beat those numbers, the numbers only go up. We'll she moving to the Chargers. Shoot, they picked up Dante Jackson from the Panthers two years, thirteen million, solid pick up.
Speaker 1: That guy could potentially start. See how that twelve million could have went to him, Mike Williams, Dante Jackson is.
Speaker 3: Not even that good, bro. He's actually a really good slot just where he should stay.
Speaker 1: That's why we got him. Started over him. We literally got the dude who started over him, and it was that Johnny whatever, Ronnie Johnson playing safety. He was playing corner. No, but he's playing safety. Okay, either way, we got we got him. He ain't even been that good since he been in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess john I didn't even realize Johnson had a career last year five picks, most picks of the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Yep, what the hell? So, yeah, that was kind of a steal for them at safety.
Speaker 2: That's crazy they brought back. No, that was Jackson that had five picks.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Mike Williams comes back after a year with the Jets and the Steelers. They signed him for a one year six million dollar deal. Denzel Perryman one year five million dollar deal. Denzel I mean Najie Harris one year five million dollars, Denzel Perryman one year three million, Deshaun Han one year three million. The Kawan Jones were churn Jalen Ray returns, so basically the Chargers pretty much didn't They didn't waste any money. They still have some key free agents out there like.
Speaker 1: Morgan Fox and Asante Samuel and JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins. Tony Jefferson played for them a lot last year. But overall, I mean they pretty much have been pretty wise with their money, only giving out one two year contracts.
Speaker 3: For the most part, they improved. Also, I got a factor in the other team, like that's the Bears did the opposite of what the Chargers did.
Speaker 2: Hold on, bro, We're not there. We're still we're still breaking down the West. Okay, cool, then we can do winners and losers and the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Honestly, Damn she North are crazy. Day she West went crazy because Denver just shined every goddamn body.
Speaker 2: All right, So looking at the Niners, they lost your Davious Ward, they lost Sufanga, they lost Greenlaw. I don't know why Hargrave is on there, Oh Kila, I always get hard Graving.
Speaker 1: Ken Law mixed up Hargreave and Jonathan Allen went to the Vikings.
Speaker 2: I think Hargrave getting fifteen million is crazy because.
Speaker 1: He was sorry with the Niners last two years. He got a bag crazy. You're probably gonna play nose for the well.
Speaker 2: Collins got two years twenty million from the Browns. He left Leonard Floyd. Leonard Floyd left, He goes. Was he on on the Falcons before Little Floyd? Or was it Fowler Probys Dante Fowler dun I like they both were, but probably he goes to the Falcons one year, ten million dollars. Joshua Dobbs goes to the Patriots. Elijah Mitchell goes to the Chiefs. Yeah, so not a lot to be excited about if you're a Niners fan. I mean, I guess they brought back mac Jones after who after a bounce back year with a bounce back seven games?
Speaker 1: Goddamn it?
Speaker 2: Sat mac Jones with the Jaguars, run with the joke sometimes.
Speaker 1: And then moving on to the Seals. They gave Sam Darnold the bag three.
Speaker 2: Year, one hundred million to Marcus Lawrence seven thirty two million. That's a lot of money for a thirty two year old who hasn't played basically in two years.
Speaker 1: But I digress. Good for him, Well did you stay legend Casse? He gets play the right side this time. Marquez Valdis scanning one year, five point five. How does he keep getting work? Josh Jones one year five off of the tackle. Right. Yep.
Speaker 2: They lost Tomlinson to the Texans for four million. Yeah, so not a lot not a lot of action with the Seahawks either, But overall, man, I think they're.
Speaker 1: Probably gonna take a receiver in the first round.
Speaker 2: I think what all takeaway is that I think a lot of teams are just really focused on this draft class because there's a lot of depth. There's a lot of guys that can start for you in the middle rounds. I mean, well, look at what different did they get Halfanga?
Speaker 3: They get it enforcer in the secondary, they got a linebacker, they got green Law who should fix their run problems? Uh, they signed somebody else to a fact con tracks.
Speaker 2: So my whole thing with that is both those two guys you named have both been hurt like the past two years basically, yeah, but they still played like a Faro played the majority of the Super Bowl, And honestly, I think the thing with the Broncos is he missed like the first half of that year though, so I think he missed the whole playoffs for that year. He missed like the whole He's missed like more than half of the last two seasons. But he played last Like, honestly, I think he's missed more than half of like the last three years. He's been hurt a lot, dude towards this year. But no, what I was gonna say about the Broncos is like, I think the thing about the Broncos is that defense was really homegrown. So I feel like, I don't know if those guys are really gonna take him over, but I mean they have the experience, the Champationship pedigree or Championship with Jason pedigree.
Speaker 3: Champagne got tone setters at every level. I think that's what's most important. We'll see you.
Speaker 1: Look around me.
Speaker 2: The Broncos, the Bears, the Raiders all made signings and trades that made sense.
Speaker 1: The Broncos just really haven't done anything.
Speaker 2: And since Sean Payton's been there in a free agency, so charge for me to point to this and be like, oh, yeah, these.
Speaker 1: Are, you know, great moves.
Speaker 2: It was like they kind of just you know, threw money at two guys who were starters to hope that they'll be starters with them.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: But I mean, look at what Chicago really holded on. They signed you Dowmon away from the Falcons. Three years, forty two million, and then you trade for Joe Thuney and Jonah Jackson. So they literally fixed their interior offensive line and two trades, one signing and they don't even have.
Speaker 1: To take a love tackle with their pick.
Speaker 3: They could literally just take best available, probably a pass rusher, which is really interesting.
Speaker 1: For because I mean, look at the Packers.
Speaker 3: They signed like the last former Raider they signed and became an All bro their.
Speaker 1: Kick returner, the corner she Shaun Nixon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he became an all pro. So Hobbs might turn around and do the same thing. Even though we got Eric Stokes, which is kind of crazy because he's not good.
Speaker 1: That dude's a bus He's.
Speaker 3: Fast though, so you're in a four two five you can't cover. I would rather be slow and not be able to cover. They'd be fast and can't cover or tackle. That's kind of embarrassing. Yeah, but theseudes be getting dusty. Yeah, but like the Raiders have had enough, so dv's over the last decame. But like we really, I mean, Stanford Rowds is in comparison, not very agile, fast, can't tackle. But I mean when you look at the Seahawks defense historically, they always have a nickel who probably can't tackle, but he can cover or he can it's vice versa, you know what I mean. Like, remember Byron Maxwell got that fat contract and it was just terrible. Yeah, oversize, that's forty one Jense he was trashing. He went to the falcons of the Dolphins. Dolphins, Yeah, under garbage. Where's the David Jason? David was the Panther Spending all this money is surprising to me because they just took a receiver in the first round last year.
Speaker 1: They just took one in the second year before that, Like, what do you guys doing, per se?
Speaker 3: I mean, they brought back Austin Corbett, so they're keeping the offensive line together. They gave a blocking tight end Tommy Dribbles sixteen.
Speaker 2: And found into the Dolphins for three million. It's kind of a still Yeah, he was good last year before you got hurt.
Speaker 1: The Giants are kind of confusing. It's like, yeah, you got Holland.
Speaker 2: Dam Harrison Briant to the Eagles. It's a sleeper trade a free agent. He was a free agent. I wanted the Raiders to bring it back. If they're gonna trade Mayor, you need to trade Mayhord just go sign another time. You know what, the Raiders can draft a tight end in the seventh round and I won't get mad Khalil Herbert to the Colts like he was gonna stay case Well, I thought he was gonna come to the Raiders because we have his running back coach.
Speaker 1: Crazy part is you look at a some of these guys are doing.
Speaker 3: They signed the Colts the Eagles, where the Eagles gonna go crazy because they also you know, they got Drew Diwmon. They got Grady Jared because the Falcons cut Grady Jared. The Bears gave him a three year, forty three and a half million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Grady Jared. Crazy word. Then I think it's hard for me Bo.
Speaker 3: Three years forty eight million. He was the Colts d lyman three years forty eight million. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's hard for me to really kind of pinpoint just say like, oh, this team won and did everything. But I think one team that I like what they did a lot. I like what the Commanders did obviously before free agency open, getting tons of getting debo, but then overall just kind of rounding out their roster with some you know, solid debt guys that could potentially develop into starters. They did lose their two starting defensive tackles though, so it does come at a price. But overall, I feel like their roster's pretty balanced. Side of that, man again, I don't know. I mean, I guess you could see the Chargers. I like what the Chargers did. They kind of addressed their needs. They were kind of strategic. They got good value. Now, I guess, I mean you could say the Vikings too. One, they got a lot of They've got what at least five six new starters in free agency, and then probably the Patriots too. I mean, obviously they threw a shit ton of money at everyone, but I mean, hopefully it turns out better than like three years ago when they signed a bunch of people. But yeah, I'm not sure he saw on paper. They their signings are good, a lot of money. Got to see how it all molds together. Anything else you want to say, Winners, losers.
Speaker 3: Surprisingly the Bills they upped their pass rush with Joey Bosa.
Speaker 2: Brought about throwing that was a good move him and Oliver up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't think he is. I know, there's kind of a one trip pro at the stage career.
Speaker 2: I mean, Bosa kind of is onto that that's point of his career.
Speaker 3: Well, really, he's just gonna have played good run defense and occasionally win in the pass rush. You can probably slide inside place some d tackle too. I want to say Vaughn had more sacks last year.
Speaker 1: Probably did he did? Yeah? More sex the last three years? Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 2: How many sex is Bosta had the last three years? Seventeen twelve in between thirteen and a half. I was gonna say fourteen.
Speaker 1: Crazy, I mean, but he wasn't see a god like Bosa. When you get to like year ten, like Bro's, I told you he's really Aaron Campman. He's more athletics, not even that year ten. He's only on year six. Bro.
Speaker 3: He got ten years on his body. He played at Ohio State. He played against Zeke every day in practice. He got ten years on his body. Plus you count the injuries, that's another.
Speaker 1: Year on your body. Every year you get.
Speaker 3: Hurt, that's another year on your body, even if you come back healthy. Bosa has a tendency to be injury, which is weird. I don't know why he went up in the cold, but hey, I.
Speaker 1: Guess played like the Snaps the last three years.
Speaker 3: I guess that was I guess that was the market he just took. I mean, maybe he took a big I'm surprised he didn't go to San Francisco with his brother. I'm really really surprised he didn't do that.
Speaker 1: It was right there. Probably wants one more pay day. I think him and Salad probably wants one more pay day.
Speaker 3: I Flo gave it to him, and then Josh Allen got the biggest contract ever, took an ay cut, He took a hometown discount. He got a three hundred and thirty million dollar contract, like two hundred and fifty million guaranteed, and he took a pay cut. That's crazy, all right.
Speaker 2: So anyone else you want to shut out free agency, We're good.
Speaker 1: Move on. H h.
Speaker 3: Shout out to this Cowboys beef that's going on. Save it for later in the show. Oh that was the bell? Did you not hear the bell?
Speaker 1: I heard it. I was just waiting for you to say some uh so college football pro Since when do you wait for me to talk?
Speaker 3: I'm being more patient of a person. I get some credit for trying to grow.
Speaker 1: Fuck you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, USC had their pro day. Honestly, the only person who probably killed their pro day was Woody Marx, who were at a four or five to two. And the minebacker, the traisfer for Oregon State having a possible time saying his name, but so that seems he ran a four or five eight. Surprisingly, he might get a seventh round pick because he was honestly their best linebacker for USC this year outside of Genty Gentry Eric Gentry. But Jaylen Smith is obviously going to be the dude who gets drafted. Ran a four four five. Also the Carlos Nicholson. I think he ran like a four or five to two. No, no, no, John Humphrey, the former us L corney who transferred to USC, He ran like a four or five to two. But yeah, it's mostly just gonna be what he marks. Jaylen Smith. Jona Manheim, who ironically didn't run, which is confusing to me because he has the position versatility. I don't I just don't know why he's not running a Smith. He's still recovering from an injury. But that's interesting. Also Clemson, Clemson's Pro day happened. Uh so Clemson linebacker Barrett Carter obnestly thought he was gonna like be the next line of insale the athletic Clemson linebackers.
Speaker 1: He only ran a four to six four at Clemson's pro day. Uh, still a good backer might fall to like the fourth or fifth round. We'll see. Actually there were talks about him going first round last year, but Clemson as a way of Clemson in itself, George's pro day, Dan safety Dad Jackson.
Speaker 3: He was apparently you know, he said he killed it at the Senior Bowl. Didn't get a combine invite, but he ran a four to four to two. Every scout clocked him at low four fours.
Speaker 1: So that'll be interesting to see where he falls.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of guys waiting on that. And then this this uh, Mike kell Walker ran like a four to seven four, Eh, not the fastest forty, but he's an headdresser with freakishly long arms. So and it's Georgia and they got a bunch of five star d linemen. Now they're starting center who ran a who actually was a redshirt junior. He ran a four to eight four, the fastest tie amongst all the lineman at the combine. He might be shooting up some draft boards, but pretty much Pro Day season catcher just running forties. Also Big twelve, what's a let's see the Big twelve hat their pro.
Speaker 1: Day situation has their situation on the eighteenth. If I'm not mistaken, we double check it. Is there any pro day you're excited about, though, Pete? What's coming up Colorado? Okay?
Speaker 2: So the Big twelve? One is the eighteen to the twenty. You feel like they're not gonna do anything in Colorado?
Speaker 3: Probably not, But thirteen Colorado players are headed to the Big twelve Pro Day.
Speaker 1: You want the full list? All right?
Speaker 3: I don't really care, man, it will be at the Star in Frisco. I'm a real off all the names. It's actually even bigger than the first couple of times. Like they're the Big twelve was ahead of the curve, the only conference with a pro day for the whole conference.
Speaker 1: That's money. That's just printing money. Okay. So Antana.
Speaker 3: Laminaceous, Craig uh Form Crunchaw former Dorsey wide receiver who went to Colorad im the transfer to Arizona. Corey Crosskeett merit. He actually had a great game at the triball and a great practice, but like because he actually lost his appeal.
Speaker 2: He literally only played in like one game this year. Oregons is next week. I think Miami's your boy Jonas. I think your boy Jonah is gonna be gonna do ship. I think he's gonna light it up. He's gonna have one of those legendary Blake Bortles esque workouts.
Speaker 1: Don't ever see him and Blake Porto, Marcus Russell. Don't don't do that. Don't do that. I just mean he's gonna have a great workout. Don't don't don't put that bad.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying but you put that bad to have a career like now, I'm just saying he put that bad level of a workout. Those are like the two most legendary pro days of all time.
Speaker 1: Not you, they are.
Speaker 3: You're forgetting one who think about it. Calebs, yes, justin Herbert's Calebs. You don't even talk about.
Speaker 1: Media was hyping it up.
Speaker 2: Calebs was not legend Calebs is not Calebs.
Speaker 1: It's not even in the same stratosphere.
Speaker 2: As Jamaricus wrestling Blake Burrows. You realize they made themselves tens of millions of dollars. Caleb was already the foregone.
Speaker 3: Conclusion because Cam Newton solidified his status with.
Speaker 1: Again he was already a number one pick. Okay, the only.
Speaker 2: Thing keeping Cam, the only thing that was keeping Cam out of the number one pick was bullshit lies, fake ship and Blaine Gabbert. Basically, they said he had a legendary prod too. Yeah that was Baker Mayfield. Yeah, I don't I don't remember Baker Mayfield's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying is certain guys they they locked down the number one pick. So yeah, I guess you can't count them. So anybody who's definitely gonna be like Joe Burrow, he can't count that Lsu bro Day. I don't know if Caleb Etn is related to the ut and family, but he plays at BYU Tyler Batty, remember that name. He's a d lineman for BYU. He's done a lot of draft boards. B YU has like sixteen dudes. Bro I'm not reading through everybody, but Baylor has about another fifteen guys.
Speaker 1: All right, so you're at UCF. They got dry Baker. He has to run for no.
Speaker 3: Kobe Hudson has to run his forty again because one of them, Dud's running slow ass forty. So They're probably gonna run theirs again. Don Pace for UCF is another one. Penny Boone running back for UCF.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I don't see their quarterback on the list. kJ I thought he went back, he said, wait, he has eligibility. He left. I thought he said he went back. I asked you about him.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I'm pretty sure this was it for him. I don't think he has the.
Speaker 1: Wearing ability, but he wasn't gonna get drafted.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati surprisingly has like a ninety on the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but bro, why does Cincinnati have like fifteen people on this list? That's crazy work. Colorado has a has a great list.
Speaker 3: Bj Green, uh, Shiloh Chador, Will Shepherd, Yeah right, he is in the draft. Johnte Weston.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the receivers like shadoor Is gonna go off. You got the big twelve. Pro Day's probably gonna be the most anticipated Pro daily of the off season. Iowa State most of their guys did so well at the Combine and they only have three people at the Pro Day.
Speaker 1: Kansas.
Speaker 3: Now, Kansas is interesting because Kobe Bryant only ran like a four or five and the other corner aside from him, Round like a four to six. So being Melo Dotson, I don't know if Melo's gonna go play safety or if he's gonna run again. You got Luke Grimm, Dafonte Neil might want to run again. Kansas is definitely one to watch. And in Kansas State has a group of guys. I mean, DJ Giddons ran a four to four. Some of their best players ran four to three. Is Marcus Single, Jacob Parrish. A lot of these guys had great combines. Anyway, what interests me is if Oli Gordon's gonna run again because he did not have a great combine and fro and fro col in the state, he'll be there now. Your favorite school of all time TCU Trey Sanders, who I feel like has been in college forever because like you, in college forever. He was like the number one running back coming to IMG like four years ago or whatever, four or five years ago, went from Bama.
Speaker 1: You CEU was supposed to go to Colorado. Kept getting hurt.
Speaker 3: So hopefully trayvon or Tray Sanders is healthy enough and has a good one. They got a bunch of dbs and linebackers, but saveon Williams.
Speaker 1: I guess is like six'.
Speaker 3: Five he's also been like he also like worked out at running back and receiver at the, combine which is crazy because he's six,' five but.
Speaker 1: He did a lot of THAT, At tcu so it'd be Interesting See.
Speaker 3: Texas Tech kayleb rodgers will, Be There TODs brooks will, Be there conyers will, Be There.
Speaker 2: Josh, kelly okay bro you're literally doing attendance right now now.
Speaker 1: Because some of these guys are going to.
Speaker 3: Run again That's what, I'm saying like it's actually it's Gonna Be, MICHAEL bernard i know.
Speaker 2: You, don't like But what i'm saying is you're talking about who's going to be at a, pro day when working out when. And when, in theory people who are going to the draft should be working out of.
Speaker 1: Their posts some of these guys. Were Already what i'm saying is.
Speaker 2: The news should be the people that aren't working out. Right now you just read enough, a list like we could all look at.
Speaker 3: The list some of these guys might actually not work. Out though that's the thing is gonna be fun to. Watch though just mark, my words pretty much general. JUST overrated, i mean it's only overrated if, you like you're not you're not slady to.
Speaker 1: Get drafted but they've already had GUYS at d.
Speaker 2: THREE schools i mean at, this point at, this point you already have a shit of tape on them obviously from. Their careers you've already, met them probably at the combine or whatever even.
Speaker 1: Before then.
Speaker 2: You know it's not the same spectacle as a combine because they're working out in their, own environment, controlled workout all that.
Speaker 1: Good STUFF so, i mean, for me the pro day is just like it's.
Speaker 2: Just VERIFICATION like, i think, like you you're talking about, the combine how it's so it's much easier to lose money to. MAKE money, I mean i think for the pro day it's kind of the, same thing just a little less risk because it's more controlled and less, moving parts but also less upside because it doesn't have.
Speaker 1: Those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah you shout like prods on the seventeenth by, The, WAY yeah i.
Speaker 1: SAW that i was looking at the. Same list.
Speaker 2: Anything else important you want, to, say like you know what going on in the college transferport it's not really Pettiness. ON twitter i, don't know there's.
Speaker 1: So much it's kind of like even another month we're gonna see especially after like the scholarship money, runs out that's really gotta pick what school are gonna, go to.
Speaker 2: And more spring games, Get canceled it's gonna, be interesting especially around. Media daytime it's pretty much it. All, RIGHT well i don't really have anything for any of. The, segments, so.
Speaker 1: Oh THE U a sports, Cover arts, OH ship i just Saw that reggie's on the cover For the. Cause game They Got.
Speaker 3: Jeremiah smith like all the sensations from this year, that leaked and they got the. Deluxe cover what the deluxe COVER For Ea Sports college football for?
Speaker 1: Next year what? It dropped, IT least i, should say kind.
Speaker 3: Of Crazy So, CALEB Downs, DJ lagway Lsu Quarterback, Garrett Osemeyer penn state Running Back, Nick singleton alabama Wide Receiver roy williams are was on THE State Qb, Sam Levitt notre dame Running Back Jeremiah Love south carolina And Dresser, dylan Stewart and michigan True Freshman bryce underwood who isn't even in college yet technically for, he is but like he he's going to be a true freshman.
Speaker 2: This year oh so they're basically going to do it like they did this year with a bunch of people on.
Speaker 1: The front but they got coaches in. It, Too.
Speaker 2: Yeah i'm gonna say that's a Turnover with reggie And t bow on. The, Cover yeah i'm Gonna. Say turnover first year was cool because it, was, like uh, you know these are all the people that have been waiting to get in, the game now putting them, In, there like are you gonna be able to play? As them are you gonna be able to have, you know historic moments where You can can we even get? Historic teams can we get all? Time teams can we get some sort of time or are you just throwing them on there because they want a bag and you want to sell?
Speaker 3: Some games can, we actually, you know get an expansive the time dynasty SITUATION where i have unlimited POINTS and i can actually use them to build up my entire.
Speaker 1: Coaching, staff look, first off can you don't even? Need?
Speaker 2: That bro you already signing fucking ninety nine's. EVERY week i don't know how you continue to play. THAT game i get bored after like three years because at that point you're just printing FIVE stars i.
Speaker 1: Just SIGNED now i sign mostly three stars and turn them into.
Speaker 2: Five stars, but yeah they're saying the mask they're gonna have the, mascot mode which.
Speaker 1: Is GREAT oh i DON'T really i never heard. MASCOT world. I do it's fun.
Speaker 3: SOMETHING different i stopped caring about like mascots specialty Modes when madden stopped putting the sugar buzz in.
Speaker 1: THE game i don't know who the sugar.
Speaker 2: Buzzes exactly you were outside, for it you were inside either for.
Speaker 1: It either it was.
Speaker 2: A legendary i think the mascots in college football are just so much more iconic.
Speaker 1: And impactful they just all have the. Same speed though that's boring cool for. Little kids that's.
Speaker 2: That's the, point though is, it's, like okay with everyone, created equal who's gonna make a fucking play?
Speaker 1: Tha, sports though that's Like like i'm master throwing a pick in a, mascot game like the fights it. Would start oh and they shot out the. Rose ball, that's.
Speaker 3: COOL yep i Mean if reggie they're Doing the legends Covers of Reggie and Tbow And denard robinson are gonna be, on it that's gonna.
Speaker 1: GO crazy i don't want to care. THAT much, i mean like those they have all three been on. The cover, all right different.
Speaker 2: NOW cool i guess like we actually are the grown adults who get to.
Speaker 1: See it.
Speaker 2: That would be like if they put us three on the cover Of, the sundial that would actually be like, like, Alright, cool yeah now we could just compare our receiving hairlines to our our.
Speaker 1: Staff, photos great now that's just.
Speaker 3: On hairlin now we just got. THAT on i can't speak to the rest of you'll, my hairlin my. Hair, FLOURISHING yeah i just need to cut.
Speaker 1: The beard but that's not that's. The boy this man can't get a consistent haircut talking ship. To me.
Speaker 3: That's crazy every time you get a haircut that should, Look, different.
Speaker 1: Yeah just to. Different people you just pick One, Bar no i'm not a one. Barber person.
Speaker 3: That's disgusting at least get at least get the same kind. Of cut you get a different cut. EVERY time i get the. Same cut every time people, look different every.
Speaker 1: Time you look.
Speaker 3: Different everything if we pulled everybody who, knows you you get a Different, hair.
Speaker 2: Okay so every, are listening you're just gonna talk over ME because i tell every barber the, same thing just interpreted. It, Differently yeah, i'm saying like whatever you're, telling them the message.
Speaker 1: Is NOT getting i tell them all the. Same thing this one was a. New one so she just. Fucked up she had a call on THE o g to. Fix it sh it was Crazy crazy how much should you pay for? THAT cut i.
Speaker 2: Knew she was fucking up just by like how, she was the lack of confidence and her.
Speaker 4: Clipper, kids yes she she was heat on the back of, your head not even not even, like okay. A, cool no she was honestly fine if just. The blending outside, the blending everything else. Is fine she didn't cut me even with the, straight razor. Like damn she was better than she thought.
Speaker 2: She WAS like I could i could hear her like anxiety breathing.
Speaker 1: As she was, shaving me but she was shaving, Me FINE like.
Speaker 2: I don't, Like THAT like I like i could hear her like controlling, Her BREATHING like i could hear like, a sniper LIKE like i like that kind of ANXIETY like, i, so yeah. Progressive anxiety, but yeah outside, of that she did everything.
Speaker 1: Else fine it's just the blending she couldn't. Figure out, like see.
Speaker 2: This is why they were like teaching Her in spanish and they're like, you know like it's like A three, D thing like you have to look at it from like you have to like spin it to see otherwise it's gonna look fine, this way but.
Speaker 1: You gotta like go at it like this like, a wall like just really, see it like if it's even. Or not no one has ever had to explain her hair cut like that. To me they were explaining It, in spanish but. That's, Scary yeah.
Speaker 3: Like when, you're talking it's more cons the conversation, goes quicker so it's like to someone who Doesn't, know spanish, you, think, like oh she's spasing the.
Speaker 1: Funk, OUT no, I know i knew what they.
Speaker 3: Were Saying what, i'm, SAYING like i know, you DO but i didn't know what they.
Speaker 1: Were SAYING but i knew what they. Were saying did you say you had a? Big, meathead no they were just talking about like, they're, like no it's like.
Speaker 2: It's fine we were just talking about like how my hair was. So, Straight bro i'm, just saying go to a black barber. One time it'll change. Your, line, like, Yo bro i've been to hundreds of. Black, barbers literally.
Speaker 1: You don't mean great barbers are on hawthorn there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of city, ones too and there's a Lot of mexican barbers around. Here too They're mostly mexian Barbers.
Speaker 3: On hawthorne but THAT'S why i go to my, Barbers technically Cardia. Mad village You you i've been going to the same barber for like. Seven, years yeah and you hate. With, him no, That dude i've been stopped going, to him my, current barber or we, locked up.
Speaker 2: Even though he ghosted you like three cuts ago and didn't get back to you till like three.
Speaker 1: Days later, OH no i. Didn't know you almost got to do barber at.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Point, no see people think i'd, be FORGETTING but i don't.
Speaker 2: Forget, memory no hell ghost you because he replied three. Days later but you were you you were out of loop though you needed that was when you needed a. Cut bad that was like a two month when you weren't growing your hair out and you needed a. Cut bad, like yeah but AND you i think you were going to a bowl game or.
Speaker 1: Some shit he still he delivers.
Speaker 2: Every time and THEN like i think last year you had some ship with. Him too you have like one thing with him at least once.
Speaker 1: A year she was scheduling conflicts or it.
Speaker 3: Cuts something i'm like you kind of you gotta let this, blend DOWN like i don't want you to cut my ship. UP here i wanted you to cut it. Down here so when this. Grows back, BUT.
Speaker 1: Yeah I went i went to a black Barbera. AT lloyd's i went to a black that black barbershop, Right.
Speaker 2: Here lloyd's lloyd's at the one, right here right across. THE street i went to the other one down the street and around. THE corner i went to the one over here down the street to.
Speaker 1: THE corner i went to the one over To.
Speaker 2: The lakers i've been to about seven black workers, just here and we're not even Talking.
Speaker 1: About Valley the Raiders one valley. Don't count i've gone to that one. Like.
Speaker 2: That shi it has never, Been. OPEN damn I guess i think they're appointment. ONLY where i don't know if they exist. OR not i don't know their yelp, is up but they're.
Speaker 3: Never open my barber, Straight, THOUGH yeah i could imagine like shuffling for a barber because you get the same cut, every time versus like let me try something new so that barber remembers how you cut me, last time so you can be progressive with the cut, versus, like hey, this person it's. Still new was, she like did she have her barber school?
Speaker 1: Thing, there yeah.
Speaker 2: She did she she got fresh out and she's. Still nervous, BUT no, I mean i know, she's Training like i've seen.
Speaker 1: Her there like i've.
Speaker 2: Seen her i've seen them call her over when they're cutting me, and, like hey this is how you do this is how you.
Speaker 1: Do that. It's good so.
Speaker 2: Like i've, SEEN her i knew she, was new but THIS time i seen her and she had her full get up ON and i saw her, little license so she probably just like.
Speaker 1: Crossed over so she's probably just like crossed over. Or whatever. That's CONFIRMED but, i MEAN normally i.
Speaker 2: Don't CARE today i was in a, time CRUNCH so i almost, said no but then there was like a person waiting on it all the other, four PEOPLE so i, was, Like whatever i'm gonna give her, A shot so.
Speaker 1: You're.
Speaker 2: A shot, i, mean honestly it. WASN'T bad i didn't even notice it was fucked up until she called the og over and, was, like hey like it's too it's too puffy and, too straight.
Speaker 1: And you gotta like.
Speaker 2: Come at it from, the corner like you have to come from, this back because the back of the hair and the side of the hair will like combine and, clump up so you gotta like come from. The, Back, LIKE yeah i learned how to do a fucking. Taper today THAT'S what i learned.
Speaker 3: Black barber the first thing, you learned it's a taper to point that out people you don't get your. Haircut by and a black barber shop is that old ass dude who's been there.
Speaker 1: Too long he fucked up little. Kids hands.
Speaker 2: The OTHER thing i don't like about black barber shops is just take Watch.
Speaker 1: Your i'll take. You too i'm trying to get in. And out. Guess what. Guess what that's why i'd be. Seven days THAT'S why i Like The middle.
Speaker 2: Eastern barbers that'd be having all the races, in there like the full on. Mercenary barbershops i'm good because those barber shops are the ONES that i get in, and out and those are the Ones where i'll be finding the fucking The BARBERS like I remember i had one, like that and the VALUE that i went to it was just all. Mixed race every chair. Was different every chair was a. Different PERSON but i remember one time there Was just. Asian homie no one would ever go. To, him bro he would always. Be open he'd always, be open and he's like he's. In ours and so one day HE'S like i was, LIKE whatever i came in. To lunch he took. Me up he was, super nice like fucking, on it like fucking great. Customer service and, he's, like yeah people, don't know like actually cut Hair In, BEVERLY hills i charge they charged like one hundred and fiftyth. Cut there he's like that's the level of SERVICE that. I give like, HE'S like i just don't have a name out here so people don't come. See me and then he showed Me his instagram and, he's like, oh Yeah and i'm a competitor like, On SPEED like i fucking cut on speed. Like shit so he showed me all. His competitions, he's, LIKE yeah i was Just in vegas. LIKE couldn't i, was, like bro you're cut for two hundred dollars hair you Cut competitively and he's like you're just here in the valley cooting for twenty five bucks and, he's like well it saves. Me gas my house is like, RIGHT here i just walk over here two days, a week and, you KNOW whatever i take home is just extra fuck. Around MONEY and i, was, like, oh oh why? Doesn't Win but i've never Letting The middle easter do cut. My HAIR but i would have never met that dude At an. ASIAN barber i would have never met that Dude a. MEXICAN barber i would have never met that dude at a. Black BARBER but i met him at The fucking mercenary Barb were.
Speaker 3: You also have a different hair texture, To me so, your hairstyle you Getting your cuta's.
Speaker 1: Pretty, simple yeah THAT'S why i.
Speaker 2: Was shocked it took an hour and twenty, minutes today but she didn't, cut ME so i didn't get any, razor Burn.
Speaker 1: So i'll. Take it it's worse where you get the bump at the back of. Your.
Speaker 5: Head honestly the other thing that tripped, me, out well she was spending so much time on like my neck hair and SHIT that i, was, like like she, Fucked up like why did she try?
Speaker 2: To overcompisate like why did she try to? Make up, but anyways back to take, YOUR tangent.
Speaker 1: I got one whatever he. A mince they. Can't pay.
Speaker 3: They can only afford the first two Years Of dan mullin's, five year seventeen and a half million.
Speaker 1: Dollar contract. That's crazy why would you give five ye a half million dollar contract and they only can afford to pay the first?
Speaker 2: Two years what does? That, MEAN like i don't know what. That means what Happened? With dion they got a fundraise for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of it they don't have the money to pay you in cash past.
Speaker 1: Year, THREE yeah i don't, get that which means he has the leverage he can just suck for.
Speaker 2: Two YEARS don't i don't. Get that that doesn't make sense, to me because aren't you bringing. In revenue aren't you getting, you know funding from the school from.
Speaker 1: The stage, right now from FEDERAL.
Speaker 2: Don't i don't know how the contracts work enough to talk, About, that like presumably it's a twelve month or nine, month, Stipend.
Speaker 1: Right So The atlantic department is in twenty six million dollars worth.
Speaker 2: OF debt, i mean that doesn't sound like a lot of money for the amount of money that.
Speaker 1: They mean donors really got to kick in.
Speaker 2: MORE bread i just don't know what that means because what does? That mean are you saying you don't project to make any money off any of your?
Speaker 1: Games sports like.
Speaker 2: It comes from from boosters contract, Operating deficit but you've been operating at. A deficit, they, weren't hope so what's where's? The rub they? Weren't before hold, THEM though, i mean like howe them? Left abruptly you don't Understand what. I'M saying i get what, you're saying but like they don't look at it we can't. Pay him they look at it.
Speaker 3: As we like we're we're gonna need some time to pay the rest Of your But.
Speaker 2: What i'm saying is Like what i'm, Saying, saying okay we don't have, the rent the rent for a year, From now, like, okay yeah why would we have that? Right now it's Not DUE like i, still have we still have a whole nother year. Of work coaches, Get paidsumably we're gonna.
Speaker 1: GET that i don't think they get paid. Him fool. It's itself if some, coaches negotiated they will get paid.
Speaker 2: Fully guaranteed you think you can get paid in full? Like, that YES sometimes i mean look at saving look at you don't get all your money. Up front it depends.
Speaker 1: The salary people have great some people have, great agents BUT, un lv this was just interesting that they came out and. Admitted IT but, i Mean if colorado can find a way To pay dion even though they had him signed a contract and they had no money to pay him when he. First started so remember that they had no money To. Pay dion that revenue didn't come until the season.
Speaker 2: Was over coaches have a very. Annual salary they're not paid in a single long so they also have. Signing BONUSES well, i, mean yeah that's like any any, other contract but it's not the same thing as like That's.
Speaker 1: What, I'm, SAYING like i don't know what. That means is there a bonus? COMING out i think it's a coulifaction to their donors to give the school. More, money hey we GOT an.
Speaker 3: Sec coach after having the best coach in school history leave to go To The, big ten We Got dan mullen who.
Speaker 1: Literally was only going on.
Speaker 3: JOB interviews i could say this now because you know he's. Employed again he was only taking job interviews just so like he could oddity agreement He habit florida to, where, like hey we'll pay out the rest of your contract, over time but you have to show you're still trying to get like.
Speaker 1: Other jobs, AND yeah I think florida might be done. Paying him but got it, ALL right i figured.
Speaker 2: It out so it's kind of like you're supposed to be the college, for bikes but you should.
Speaker 1: Know this WHY am i looking? Know that so basically is because. CLEARLY don't i just didn't explain it to. You properly you didn't explain it at all EXACTLY because i was just don't get it. Out there but That's what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying why are you gonna say you know it if you didn't explain it like that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Because you would have just disagreed with me and Then ship and THAT'S when.
Speaker 2: I came back to that's some fighting with your siblings ship where, it's, LIKE oh i already. Knew that that's literally what you, Just, Did kenny yes.
Speaker 1: You did that's literally what you. Just did? All right so how did the? Salaries? Work no you, Tell, me no you're. Telling me you just said. You know, tell me bro, tell me, tell me, tell me. Tell me i'm interested in what you have. To say tell me how. IT works i no You tell i'm tired. Of talking tell me how. It works tell me how. It, works kenny you're the cause for bucks thrown in. Your hand you. Do it tell me how the. Salaries, Work no i'm not you? Tell me you?
Speaker 2: Tell me, all RIGHT then i guess it just doesn't matter how, you, not like how are you going to research your?
Speaker 1: Looking up and then just not because.
Speaker 2: You already, Know it so tell me what. You know it's probably more accurate. Than, this anyways this is from like twenty. TWENTY three i.
Speaker 3: UNDERSTAND it i just don't necessarily agree. With it so what do? YOU know i AGREE with i don't agree with saying it if you don't have. The, MONEY clearly i think the way it was just a ploy to, be, like hey we need. More donors that's the only reason why you would say something.
Speaker 2: Like, that, yeah basically basically it works is the what they're paid is a lot less than what.
Speaker 1: They're actually paying. State employees what they're paid by the state is usually like. Whatever base then from there it is all. Booster, money yeah so.
Speaker 2: That's still paid by, the university but it's funded through their different boosters and all.
Speaker 1: That bullshit, so yeah basically they need.
Speaker 2: More donors But what i'm SAYING is i don't know what the timing of, That is like when.
Speaker 1: The fuck is?
Speaker 3: That due probably next the end of the, next season like because like they're on a, hot streak like he brought in all. These players same Thing with dion after the, First year like he started talking about his contract again after, this season like he's Like because dion wasn't really talking about the contract other, THAN yeah i took pretty much no money up front because they didn't have any money to. PAY me i took it on like, not gratuity but like he took it on like. Good faith so, it's, like okay you Can pay mullen the first two years of. His deal so what you're really saying is you need more money from, your donors going like your three to five year plan is you hired a coach WHO'S the sec juggernaut for, five years and you have the first two years. Locked up now you need the donors to come in and, help everybody plus the nil collectives all that. Other shit it's. A lot so really it's just posturing, to me that's all. That IS but i understand why they have to do it as an.
Speaker 2: Athletic department sounds to me like whatever ward chest they have is only good for.
Speaker 1: That ship after, the contract that. Ship empty, all right.
Speaker 2: It's smart to get ahead of those great accounting, anything, else touchdown, TURN over.
Speaker 1: I wait till take your danger for. This, one already take.
Speaker 3: YOUR danger i was gonna, say It but, i'm, like nah it's it's getting too much team. All right So The marcus lawrence left to go To, the, seahawks right and he Says on wax in, the interview, YOU know i just DIDN'T see i don't see myself winning A super bowl here. At all now, everybody's, like oh we can't Wait Till michael parsons because allegedly it's been confirmed that there's kind of been a beef between, them Too The marcus lawrence And Channel, michael Parsons And michael parsons is next up to. Get paid so by not Paying The, marcus lawrence now all the money's gonna go To micah but they're not competitive and winning A, super bowl which Is What DeMarcus.
Speaker 1: Lawrence wanted that's why he Stayed in dallas for. So long.
Speaker 3: And now people, are like these dudes got legitimate beef and then you Got the Seawan, over sean the linebacker who towards a cl.
Speaker 1: This year it sounds this doesn't sound like TOOVER because i don't know where the. QUESTION is i don't know where this, is.
Speaker 3: Going, All right so touchdown, and turnover touchdown. And Turnover the cowboys locker room is in utter Disarray After marcus, lawrence left And then cowboys players started coming out tweeting and saying ship and that old heads, are, like hey stay out.
Speaker 1: Of this they don't.
Speaker 3: Like, him No like DeShawn, over sean his name is, so weird, He said cowboys. Versus everybody and then A former cowboys, players, like, hey hey, young blood stay out.
Speaker 1: Of this.
Speaker 3: So it's like people reports are coming, out, saying oh there was problems on the defense in the, locker room.
Speaker 1: And there was a lot. Of volatility.
Speaker 3: And when the fact, that like you're you're one of the longest tended players on, the team and, you, SAY yeah i Left the seattle Because the cowboys were never gonna, win anything and that pisses off some, current players Mostly Mainly, michael parsons who's the star player on the team and he's about.
Speaker 1: To okay so so.
Speaker 2: So like it's all, this this this IS like i have a take. About this this is the equivalent of you breaking up with someone, and, saying, oh yeah they were never gonna be serious about, marriaging kids and then they're family being, like yeah fuck, you too, like obviously like what are they?
Speaker 1: GONNA say i don't think it's a big deal, At ALL like.
Speaker 2: I THINK it's, I Mean DeMarcus lawrence hasn't even played in half of the last, two SEASONS so i really can't imagine him being that big of a locker, room presence either positive.
Speaker 1: Or negative the last.
Speaker 2: TWO years i feel like they've already been moving Away From, Zach Martin, Tyrone Smith, zeke elliott, You Know, Vander Esk, jalen smith like that whole, you know late, twenty tens late Twenty tens, cowboys teams like it's been In The michael. Parsons era like, SO yeah i don't think it's in dis ray. At all, if anything is probably better because you don't have those two generations trying to big dick.
Speaker 1: Each. OTHER gesus, i mean my thing Is.
Speaker 3: The cowboy it came Out the cowboys have not spent what more than six million dollars Since The greg. Hardy signing It's like, JERRY'S like i don't want any more flashy free agents, because honestly if you look at, the team you take away the injury to Tomorrow over sean and he's one of the best young linebackers in. The league and he was like a third or fourth round pick Out, of texas like rounding four.
Speaker 1: Or five.
Speaker 3: Great Recoverage her diggs was, Off injury bland was coming back. From Injury jordan, lewis like if you just if you really break.
Speaker 1: It down and they just paid.
Speaker 3: That de tackle who went who owes the dude TO. With ucla they just paid him like a, four year fifty eight million dollar. Contract EXTENSION so.
Speaker 1: I think it comes down to.
Speaker 3: It might be, sarad grapes but realistically, it's, like, yeah bro like other guys on that defen, can, say honestly d law you just showed up and collected the check because you ain't even. Been productive you ain't been top twenty at your position in?
Speaker 1: A while was? That Something DeMarcus lawrence had ten sacks in the season four, years ago three. Years ago that's a long. Time ago How Long Channel michael parkson has been in the league, four years so as soon as the new.
Speaker 3: Guy, gets there all of, a sudden you, stop producing but you still think you're a leader on the team. YEARS ago i think it's out with the older and then with. The new and who was the other guy who had? Those Sacks tyron crawford was on, that team like slowly but Surely the cowboys have replaced all. Those GUYS so i mean when you break, it down like the cow some guys on, that team you, feel, like, well Cool the seahawks are just paying for a, busted down broken down old version of a dude who.
Speaker 1: Can't get eight sacks in the. Season anyway.
Speaker 3: So, that's Why like cat's kind of going back and FORTH on i want to ask.
Speaker 1: About, it yeah this was a this was a.
Speaker 3: Fairy, whatever no because like it's kind of, it's smoked but there's no like it's definitely.
Speaker 1: Fire yet but, IT'S like i just wanted to have a take.
Speaker 3: On this so when we go back in history and if it, blows up everybody knows where.
Speaker 1: We stood what was your take? That To marcus lawrence has washed that he's washed and he's getting.
Speaker 3: Up back he's he's getting up back for being washed and it's. Market value but, It's, like okay if you're gonna Say the cowboys Around The super, bowl contender well you're partially to blame, for, that right those, tenured players Right Jo. Zach martin everybody was sad when. He retired did nobody like they treated like Put like draymond To.
Speaker 2: Par pierce you're not. That guy we Cried, For kobe we're not crying.
Speaker 1: For you THAT'S how. I Say the cowboys traded For.
Speaker 2: Uh elon From, the bills and they also Traded For kenneth murray From the titans.
Speaker 1: TOUCHDOWN turnover i Like The kenneth.
Speaker 3: Murray trade, he's fast, he's physical, and honestly he fits.
Speaker 1: Her defense he runs a four to four and. Can tackle he doesn't make, every tackle but at least, he's there and he was kind. Of wasting he was actually having a pretty good Year. In tennessee crazy How, The, CHARGERS yeah i.
Speaker 2: DON'T know i don't Know Why kenneth murray hasn't been able. To stick he has everything. In theory titans were, Trashed though titans are like dismantling their, Whole defense.
Speaker 1: But yeah they needed linebacker help for a few, years now and he didn't. CUT everybody i don't think if it's into what they want.
Speaker 3: To do, So yeah i'm gonna say, a touchdown, all right wasn't Working. In Buffalo So.
Speaker 2: Cooper cup is allegedly getting interest From The, raiders JAGUARS and I think i saw one, other team, but, Touchdown, Oh, Patriots, Patriots, Jaguars Raiders cooper cup touchdown turnover.
Speaker 3: To touch as well for. A touchdown i'm gonna say the best thing to happened to that thing that happened, to him honestly is getting cut From.
Speaker 1: The.
Speaker 2: RAMS see i Think the steilers make a lot of sense because obviously got RID Of. Dk metcalf that's where, He's, from Washington so i'm sure he grew Up a. SEAHAWKS fan i think that makes the most sense if he wants to get some revenge Against.
Speaker 1: The rams there's that angle.
Speaker 2: As well Obviously, the raiders they have a void at, number ONE a. B receiver i think he'd be a good Compliment with jakobe be bringing more a.
Speaker 1: Possession Element.
Speaker 2: THE jaguars, i mean they lost like two or three receivers over the last, few years so they could use some revitalization there.
Speaker 1: As well patriots just got, fucking money so. Why? Not, YEAH overall I think i think he could do well a good.
Speaker 2: Little spots i'm biased probably to say he makes most sense For, the raiders but maybe for him it makes most sense For. The SEAHAWKS so i would say those are the two leaders, for.
Speaker 1: Him, honestly yeah BECAUSE.
Speaker 3: Dare i Say the niners and THE Trade ayuk and maybe because you Can trade ay you Can Get Cooper cup that kind of covers.
Speaker 2: The windfall, so Reportedly the Giants and stealers Are Begging aaron rodgers to make a decision so they can Get their josh.
Speaker 1: Strategy together touchdown? Or, turnover.
Speaker 2: Yeah the steelers also put in an offer On, air rodgers so touch out.
Speaker 1: AND turnover i think people are Looking At aaron rodgers the same way.
Speaker 3: People are starting to Look At michael parsons for having. A podcast.
Speaker 1: It's like you're doing a lot of talking.
Speaker 2: And you've, been productive but like you're Just not could you just like could you just like.
Speaker 1: Handle the task at hand? Right now can we just lock it right brock? It back can you just lock it right now and stop with the bullshit and the theatrics and the. Extra stuff can you just lock in for me? Right? Now please that's what it, feels Like. Player rogers same reason people are gonna probably Turn On.
Speaker 2: Michael parson i'm gonna go on to tangent here and just. Say, this obviously we've been in the podcast game.
Speaker 1: For Ship michael parsons. Called, that man.
Speaker 2: Seeing a lot of podcasts come. And go we've seen podcast trends go. And come i'll just, SAY this i feel like a lot of these athletes podcasts are. POORLY produced i don't feel like they really let you get to know the player.
Speaker 1: In the way that people really. Want, to like it's really.
Speaker 2: Just kind of the facts to like the whole, you know talking about trends, and news which is basically what.
Speaker 1: We do but it's like we're not, that interesting. YOU know i want.
Speaker 2: TO know i WANT to i want to hear these players talk to their family members and talk about their, family journeys like talk about, the people talk to your high, School teammates like do a pod, About that like do something like that you're, interested in Like Like, Jamal williams like do an, anime podcast like something, Totally tangential like let.
Speaker 1: Us really go into the wormholes, With You.
Speaker 2: Like i'm sure there's some fucking football players who are mad into data or mad in the architecture or mad, Into art like show us those, cool things because the, whole, like hey here's a jock in a room full of neon lights talking about the same Shit that Kai and speed are talking about.
Speaker 1: IS old, i, mean maybe, just maybe.
Speaker 3: Just maybe when it comes, to that they don't feel you're entitled to that part of.
Speaker 1: THEIR lives, i mean, that's fine don't have. A podcast you don't have to have.
Speaker 3: A podcasts it's a quick bag for a lot of.
Speaker 2: These exactly but That's what. I'm saying That's what. I'm saying it's. Poorly produced you. Can tell that's all. It is it's like you're not doing anything for the culture or the audience or, your brand Like.
Speaker 1: The jeorge Taylor And. Taylor rooks you're just you're just doing something to. Do Something Like taylor Rooks And joey. TAYLOR podcasts i got canceled two. Months ago nobody ever talks. About it but.
Speaker 2: THAT'S different, I mean i think that would have even been more interesting because those are two different women and they come from different backgrounds and they both have.
Speaker 1: Diverse disappeared it was kind of funny. To me i'm, just like. That's interesting so you're still gonna keep that energy or you're just gonna not do this podcast Anymore And. Jeorge taylor, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah the Point that i'm trying to make Is the athlete podcast is.
Speaker 1: JUST lazy i, feel like if you really.
Speaker 2: Want to be a, content creator you really want to give something to. YOUR audience i just gave you seven, different avenues something that's.
Speaker 1: Actually impactful it would allow audiences to.
Speaker 2: Get to know, you better help you build, your brand which would help, your businesses which would give you long term money over just, you know taking whatever the fuck leave your reporter lockdown is gonna, give you Or like march.
Speaker 1: School anyways, So yeah i'm gonna say it's.
Speaker 2: A turnover get on your hands and knees and begging for a forty something year old quarterback's gonna play? For you is one sad. And sick two like he only played one game two. Years ago, last year he was better than, people realized but.
Speaker 1: Wasn't good twenty at eleven is, pretty good but the team.
Speaker 2: Wasn't good so we know at the, Very Least The Aaron Rodgers only show is not gonna get you. There Anymore like i'm not saying he can't win The. Super bowl i'm not saying. He's trash i'm not saying. He's washed i'm just saying it's we know it can't just Be There aaron rodgers.
Speaker 1: Show. Anymore yeah, and three.
Speaker 2: If you're really looking at him as this kind of like, you Know Mentor, bridge guy, et cetera you don't want to do, that shit, then no that's.
Speaker 1: A misconception. I'm joking but.
Speaker 2: That's what i'm saying, is like if that's how you're looking, at him then you got to start giving him flowers. For that you can't just because he Did Help, jordan Love And jordan love loves and, respects him and he Did Help zach, Wilson too so so if if that's what you're employing, him for then you got to stop. Giving him you gotta start getting him flowers. For That, LIKE so i, DON'T know i think IT'S just i think it's corny that these two teams are begging, for him especially because they're basically on opposite sides of. The spectrum Like the Giant your MIC's messed up your courts.
Speaker 3: MISSED up I say pittsburgh fit since they JUST Got dk Metcalf And.
Speaker 1: Darius slay yeah.
Speaker 3: For Sure the olympics, Of teams yeah.
Speaker 2: For Sure, the stillers you know them in the playoffs. Last year giants are number.
Speaker 1: One. Pick man if you really want to get forced out on a shitty team with the head COACH and gm that are probably gonna be fired, NEXT year i wouldn't Take. The giants i'd.
Speaker 3: Be screaming i'd, BE running I Mean mike, tomin's house.
Speaker 1: You were Just In. New york i'd be throwing for the. Better team i'd literally.
Speaker 3: BE with i would be throwing footballs to, his son who plays receiver.
Speaker 1: In college i'll be finding.
Speaker 3: A way to be buddy Buddies With, Mike, domaldin, like look you need this just as MUCH as.
Speaker 1: I do stop fucking Around lock in. All right. Last One.
Speaker 2: Russell wilson poorly Visited the browns the same day Basically That kenny pickett said that he sees himself as a starter With.
Speaker 1: The browns just funny because he got traded From the eagles To.
Speaker 3: The browns SO to TTR and dt are the way Better Than kenny pickett touchdowners and Over the browns Looking. At, wilson honestly it's it's A. HAIL mary i don't know if it's gonna be. A touchdown i think it's too early.
Speaker 1: To tell. IT'S clear, I Mean miles garrett just signed that fat ass Contrast.
Speaker 2: Exen Kenny, Pick Hit, russell Wilson And deshaun watson in THE same. Qb room that's too many gloves and one too many gloves in one. Quarterback room too, many gloves not. Enough, protection yeah pretty much the title of. The, show damn please write.
Speaker 1: That down i'm. Gonna FORGET it's i got a joke to tell.
Speaker 3: YOU later, I Mean, miles garrett it's sen's a bad message if you if you Bringing To aaron rodgers because they don't really want, to win and they don't really have much, at receiver.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: THEY'RE deteriorating i feel like in the same Way the raiders were after. Car left but they Just Have miles garrett in a pretty decent defense and pretty, good players but they have no real direct action as, a Franchise And cavin stefanski can only put up. Decent offenses for so long before he gets, fired too because, it's like, all, right dude your best Years With, baker mayfield break that to You and bakers like THE franchise Qb In. Tampa bay so the Fact that miles just got, forty million you Still owe dashaun forty, six million but you're gonna Bring In russell wilson and You had jamis, right there and you Trade For.
Speaker 1: Kenny pickett what are?
Speaker 2: You doing why would you even TAKE a qb if you're gonna Trade For? Kenny pickett Like.
Speaker 3: The, browns there they just they just keep Doing the browns. Type SHIT like i feel Bad For cleveland browns fans, BECAUSE.
Speaker 2: Honestly i want to feel than they were when they went. IN sixteen i want to feel Bad for getrett being Locked. In siberia i'm doing it. To himselves could have forced the Trade, to philly so it is what. It is but he's got.
Speaker 1: The bag you take. FORTY million i can't feel sorry. For you.
Speaker 3: Whatever happens you Make the Hall, of, fame bro but just know you are a pay for play kind.
Speaker 1: Of guy yeah you took that you weren't really you didn't really want, to love could have left you chose ninety five as a. JERSEY number i. Was condo that was.
Speaker 3: A choice you chose ninety five as a, jersey number and you chose to not get traded Out. Of cleveland you could have forced your way out the Same way. Baker did you chose. TO stay i can't feel Sorry For odell chubb probably. Gonna leave so it's like.
Speaker 1: You're the only. One. There, dog congratulations you're one of the most tenured members On The. Cleveland browns.
Speaker 3: Still there who he's been there longer than, THIS award, i know but he's.
Speaker 2: Still there but he's been there long Full Will. Will smith but he's been there long. This, award yeah. For sure i'm, just saying but like he's the longest tendered member. For sure but what was those what? CAME later i think he was they. Were, good yeah That's what. I'm saying he came on the. Playoff, team Yeah but, i'm saying like your, clock's ticking, BIG fellow i.
Speaker 1: Get that THAT'S what i was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say he's only one bad injury away from, you.
Speaker 3: Know, becoming Curse, coming Curst Becoming. Javon Curse javon kurs had the same trajectory and.
Speaker 1: All right let's wrap. It up what do you? Gotta say what are you going to leave the? PEOPLE with i just Saw What.
Speaker 3: Michael parsons he said it with his chest, and uh he definitely Got At. DeMarcus lawrence he got at. The top, he said this will. Rejection envy looked like there's some. Clown ship this Is After DeMarcus, lawrence said uh, an interview, He said dallas is, my HOME but i know For sure i'm not gonna win The super. Bowl there and then he replies back To my parsons calling me a clown won't change the FACT that i told. The truth maybe if you spent less time tweeting and more, TIME winning i wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have left that's not a Flex. The marcus that was because you haven't played last year and you haven't. Outproduced it that's like.
Speaker 1: Telling it.
Speaker 3: It's like telling that chick your dick. Was trash but you let me hit with no condom. Multiple times so what does that say?
Speaker 1: About, you like there's there's no winners in. This situation you both look, Like losers so why even put this in.
Speaker 3: The street that's why other veterans were Like on, twitter, saying hey, young blood stay Out of they were telling Other younger cowboy players to stay out, of It.
Speaker 1: And, i'm like it's kind of. Too. Late Bro.
Speaker 3: Michael parsons is gonna be the next guy up to. Get paid he's gonna get get paid at least twenty to thirty million More Than max Crosby Because max crobs you can't Do What michael parsons. Can Do But michael parsons can eat Do What max crosby does even when.
Speaker 1: He's injured, so.
Speaker 3: Man imagine If the eagles Trader For michael parsons and then.
Speaker 1: Paid them that should. Be hilarious BUT all i know Is the cowboys are.
Speaker 3: A Mess the raiders are Actually the raiders have me feeling like they're gonna win ten to twelve games. Next year i'll say That on. Wax today they have me.
Speaker 1: Feeling like they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna fight they probably won't mind a lot of in conference games IN The, amc west they. Might split BUT because i Think the chiefs definitely are. ARE weak i Think the chiefs might be out Of Their super bowl window if they don't do, something fast if they can't Get A, cooper cup if they can't sign Like A justin simmons, At, safety, like hey get these veterans who are like great players who want to Win The. Super bowl have them Come to casey for two years and see if you can hot shot a title team out.
Speaker 1: Of that but with What the.
Speaker 3: Eagles, are doing how, they're moving with how the other teams in the league, are moving everybody's coming For, the chiefs and that gap is closer than it's. Ever Been And patrick mahomes is an have a bad year last, Year STATISTICALLY so I just i think when it comes down, to it the biggest losers of the off seasons Are the chiefs And the cowboys right now And, the browns but perpetually because, they're stupid Mostly the browns and Mostly the Browns and cowboys because they just make them.
Speaker 1: Life decisions, but yeah.
Speaker 3: As far as like, For Me, crazy week salute to, my mom, my sister.
Speaker 1: And my.
Speaker 3: Two nephews they're Going to oakland to visit my grandma and. My FOLKS wish i could go, with them but, you know work do.
Speaker 1: Be called.
Speaker 3: And Also The south bay weather, is disrespectful like this wind is? Hella disrespectful like this Is some lancaster Wind in Hawthorn and i'm not okay. With it it's bringing all kinds of childhood dropping. My back i'm not okay with it. At, ALL like i know we're close to, the beach but the disrespectful ask gusts of wind are are are are a little bit too, much now like they got a little bit too much dip on, their Chip and i'm not okay.
Speaker 1: With, it also fuck the washer in, our apartment but the manufacturer of. SAID washer i don't have.
Speaker 2: A lot i'm, fucking tired had, A cut i ass need to fucking wash the fucking hit.
Speaker 1: The gym. Still, Exhausted yeah i'm supposed to Go to vegas.
Speaker 2: This weekend it's my, girl's birthday so she's financing.
Speaker 1: Me since I'm.
Speaker 2: Since i'm broke And In Saint. Patrick's day but we're. Not fun we're gonna have a, good Weekend so i'm looking forward. TO that i was supposed to Hit the clipper game For Hell kidding night, next Week so i'm excited for that. As well tired. Of, That man just trying to state to, the grind continue to look, for work continuing, to work trying to clear my head of all the projects and Things that i've been wanting to. DO well i still CAN because i just want to be able to start work with the, fresh mind not worrying ABOUT what i need to do at home or worry about the way, you know you perceive chores and work around you and all. That stuff, So yeah i've just been trying to clean up and get some.
Speaker 1: Shit done but.
Speaker 2: That's it Touchdowns and tangents TD's underscore Tangents on Twitter.
Speaker 1: And instagram Touchdowns and tangents. Dot com we out shout out To The texas rangers for literally changing their dumb.
Speaker 3: Mass logo it's at that thoughts one that should Have, SAID texas i just love.
Speaker 1: Catching. Als hey shout Out To lanza frea Getting the.
Speaker 3: Buzzball sponsorship shout Out to leangelo for making better shoes than.
Speaker 1: His dad. That's crazy