Speaker 1: That's bank and enter it now.
Speaker 2: Bill Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome this Friday afternoon in the tri State. In about thirty minutes, Steve Raley will be here to talk about the weather coming in. We might have seventy five mile per our wins, which is almost hurricane forces later today. I'm going to keep you informed about that, plus to fall out from Pete Rosenmore. And of course, the Reds play the Battle of Ohio with the Cleveland Guardians starting about six forty tonight, which means first which means we begin the coverage of five point forty. But until then, until then, we have Connie Pillage joining us. There was a bombshell announcement yesterday in front of the county commissioners who are changing the legal team that's been representing in a sense him in the county for about twenty five years or so. And Connie Pillach Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Connie, can you first tell the American people what your announcement was yesterday and where did this things go from here?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, thanks for having me, Willie.
Speaker 4: It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I did make a recommendation to the County Commissioners that we make a big change in our negotiating team against the Bengals, and instead of retaining the guy who's been there for I think it's twenty nine years now, I wanted to move into a bold new direction because I think the county needs to step up and have some good negotiating cards in their hands. So I recommended that as as you know, i'm their lawyer as prosecutor, I'm the lawyer of the Bank of the County commission. But I recommended that we move into move Dinsmore, which is a local law firm. It's been it's got deep community roots. It was founded here in nineteen oh eight, so for more than a century. It's well known for its high level of professionalism and accountability, and it will bring a fresh set of eyes and negotiating chops to the legal team. So I recommended that the Bengals do that. Pardon me, Gosh, William, I think it's tornadoes.
Speaker 5: Are right, tornadoes, but it's it's the county.
Speaker 3: It will help the county a lot to have a very strong negotiating and legal team going forward with the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Now, for those listening, prosecutors, in Ohio anyway, I don't know. I think the same thing with Kenton County. They have criminal responsibility. You have criminal felony responsibility, and also you have civil responsibilities, which mean you serve as the attorney in this case, for the for the elected officials in this case Hambliny County commissioners. Did you consult with them before you made this decision as your client or not?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely. First of all, it's the commissioner's decision. I make recommendations. But I started meeting with them. Of course, I have to meet one on one too, so I could talk about legal issues with them, and I started doing that in early January, and I got to tell you, I heard a lot of frustration from them about the negotiation progress or lack thereof.
Speaker 4: Against with the Bengals, I.
Speaker 3: Heard a lot of concerns about communications issues, a lack of clarity on what was happening, and lack of focus on the desired results that the commission wanted to achieve. And so after having some of these conversations, I started to work with my team here in the office, because you know, I have one hundred and twenty lawyers here. I worked with my civil lawyers to try to figure out what we could do to make this better so that the commission would feel like they had some ability to try to get the best deal for the taxpayers.
Speaker 2: As far as far as the new team, I've known George Vincent for most of my life and he's one of the partners there. And for those who may not know, he was a chairman of the Republican Party in Hamlety County for many years.
Speaker 5: But this is a nonpartisan matter.
Speaker 2: So as far as the commissioners told you, they expressed may use the term dissatisfaction of the direction the negotiations we're going. And now we're about six weeks from the conclusion and the Bengals have issued a press release that I have in front of me from yesterday expressing dissatisfaction with the other aspect of this is is engaging this other firm in order to Inner Sports Circle? Shall I say to remain the lead negotiator and explain the differential between Dinsmore on one hand and Inner Circle Sports on the other. What are the activities and functions of each of them.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'm happy to do that, and I am very happy that George Vinson is on this Dinsmore team. He certainly got a lot of connections and a lot of smarts were really excited to work.
Speaker 4: With him and the other members of the team.
Speaker 3: So Inner Circle Sports, actually I looked into the background. The County did start discussions with them back in twenty twenty two as they were starting to figure out how they would approach the looming lease deadline, and in twenty twenty three they did a little bit more refined discussions. I signed the final contract with Inner Circle Sports in January of this year, So for the Bengals to come out and start complaining months later is a little disingenuous to me. And they have no absolutely no business telling us who we can have on our negotiating team. I would never tell them who they can have on theirs.
Speaker 4: And it's just not appropriate. Look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, one thing the Bengals have said in their press release that this Inner Circle Sports, and by the way each party selects their own lawyers, it'd be great to have for you to pick the lawyers for the Bengals or vice versa.
Speaker 5: That's not the way it works. But the Bengals are saying that the.
Speaker 2: Inner Circle Sports group is connected to the Browns and that somehow being connected to the Browns is wrong because they'll be serving two masters.
Speaker 5: How would you respond to that press release?
Speaker 3: Well, I think the Bengals may have been misled into with their their so called research. There was one member of Inner Circle Sports that did do some work or may continue to do some work with the Cleveland Browns, but he left Inner Circle Sports, so there's there's no conflict there. And the man that we're working with, David Abrams, has not done any work with the Cleveland Browns. So but I do appreciate the Bengals trying to look out for the for us in their own way.
Speaker 2: But yeah, David Abrams has as I understand it. I I read a pressure release that Abrons and this other group also works for like two or three other NFL cities enfranchises, and it tends to look as if the goal is to have the Bengals pay at least fifty percent of the freight, which might be up to eight hundred and fifty million dollars. And by saying that we're unhappy with who the county is picking to negotiate with us, that seems to me saying we're going to extend the least two years because this abrupt change six weeks before the culmination of the lease is too close to become familiar.
Speaker 5: Is this deployed by the Bengals.
Speaker 2: Do you think to stretch this out another two years which keeps the county on the hook for these improvements under the old lease.
Speaker 3: Well, look, the county is absolutely intent on getting a deal. We want a win win resolution, so everybody's happy.
Speaker 4: And let's think about this.
Speaker 3: These contracts when they're written, they've got hundreds of different terms.
Speaker 4: It's like, what David Abrams'.
Speaker 3: Skill is is that he's a nationally recognized expert in negotiating with municipalities and cities as well as with the NFL and other sports teams. That's why we chose to bring him on three and a half months ago. So it's not a new thing. But here's what the commission wants. They really basically want three things. They want a long term market rate lease. They want a diverse funding stack, and that means contributions from the county and the state, the team and the NFL. And three, they want more community benefits, so basically community access.
Speaker 4: To the stadium.
Speaker 3: And frankly, let me tell you this, Willie Commissioner Alisha Reze has been asking for that for a long time, and she is not wrong.
Speaker 2: Do you have a sense when I had on Denis's Streehouse and they were saying, we're working together, it looks great. About two weeks ago, we had a document that came out that said, if we have a lease, the Bangal was going to pay two thirds of one hundred and eighty million, in the county was going to pay one third. I had a sense doing this that the things are in the right way, The other things were moving in the right direction, and then this bombshell hit yesterday. Do you have a sense that the negotiations at this point are not in a good place to renew the lease in six weeks?
Speaker 4: I know I don't.
Speaker 3: I think we're in an excellent place because by taking this step forward, bringing in a Backerjack legal team, continuing to use the lead negotiator that we've been using for several months now to come up with that little memorandum of understanding a couple of weeks ago. Look, I think this just tells the Bengals and the county and the taxpayers that we are very serious about getting a win win resolution.
Speaker 2: You're saying you don't want the Bengals to pick your representatives.
Speaker 1: You went the county negotiator.
Speaker 4: We have one too.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: They've done very well, by the way, Mike Brown can take down the Irs and tax Court for God's sakes, and so yes, I mean they're pretty good at this. So at this point, Tom Gableman, I've met him a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Nice guy. What would you say about the representation of Tom Gableman.
Speaker 3: I really can't say much about it other than from my conversations with my clients at the County Commission. They were ready for a change. And sometimes of change is like a holiday and it's just a breath of fresh air. You get a lot of new energy and excitement. Mister Gableman did pledge to make sure the transition was smooth and complete, and I appreciate.
Speaker 4: Him for that.
Speaker 2: What wasn't he paid like twenty six million dollars or some amount of money about a million? Explain the financial resources given to Tom Gableman.
Speaker 3: I did get a print out from the county yesterday that just had It was very vague, but it did have a summary of what he'd been paid each year, and it did total twenty six million for.
Speaker 4: The last twenty nine years. So I think he made a lot of.
Speaker 3: Money off the taxpayers and it's time to change change our our arrangement.
Speaker 2: And you know, Tom's not happy about this. I haven't spoken to him, but I imagine he's not pleased with this decision of the county commissioners.
Speaker 3: I got the impression that he's not. I met him for the first time yesterday. He was waiting for me in the lobby of the County Administration building. But look, I've called him multiple times before I took office, and he never called back, never tried, never sent an email.
Speaker 4: As far as I can tell.
Speaker 2: Was that a frigid meeting in the lobby outside after he was fired?
Speaker 5: Was that somewhat frigid?
Speaker 3: No, I met him before, well, I met him before the meeting, but we had given him a heads up phone call that this was going on.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: So at this point as we sit here this Friday afternoon, at this point, there's a new negotiating team that is a George Vincent Dinsmore and you hired a couple months ago. This other group, Inner Circle Sports, that have negotiated six other deals in which the NFL slashed the team paid about fifty percent of the whole deal, and you look forward to a deal being completed, hopefully in six weeks. But if it's extended by two years by the Bengals, which is they're right, that wouldn't surprise you.
Speaker 4: It'd be fine.
Speaker 3: I know these things take time, and certainly they're stinging for some reason.
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure why.
Speaker 3: We're just changing our legal team, and we have every right to do that. But again, I know the county is one percent in favor of getting a deal at the earliest opportunity.
Speaker 2: In county pillage. That Bengals do not pick your representatives.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right, Willie.
Speaker 2: Now, lastly, since this other issue up this is about the killing of Ryan Hinton, this is completely unrelated. Put on your county criminal hat instead of your civil hat. The county corner. Last me, some Marco was going to hold a news conference today. We were going to cover about I guess the results of the autopsy. I would think of Ryan Hinton and maybe Larry Henderson. I'm not sure that the dead police officer and you issued a grand jury subpoena. Can you explain what's happening in that case?
Speaker 3: Well, as is typical in cases like this when they're the case coming up, the grand jury will subpoena all kinds of things. A subpoena the surveillance video in the area, a subpoena the black box from the car, the so called black box from the vehicle. They'll subpoena born cam, and they'll subpoena the results of toxicology and autoxies. This is pretty basic stuff going forward. And I know that the community is hoping that we do very thorough and accountable job on this case.
Speaker 2: And you told me a month or two ago on another police shooting, that it's up to the county prosecutor or criminally to submit or not to submit to the grand jury all the evidence. In order to submit it to the grand jury, you must believe that there's a viable case here of maybe police misconduct or not. This is a very high profile case. It was one of the stories national news. Are you going to make a decision before you give it to the grand jury whether to indict or not the police officer involved, SINCINNTI Police or if the evidence comes out a certain way, may you not submit the case at all?
Speaker 5: Of the grand jury.
Speaker 3: It's just too early to say. I haven't seen enough information yet. And I know people are eager. We always want everything immediately, especially in twenty twenty five. But sometimes you got to let the police department do their job.
Speaker 4: And do their investigations.
Speaker 3: And as you know that there'll be a homicide investigation, and they also have their oh, their internal investigations, and the citizens investigation. There will be three investigations going on at any given time. I got to let them do their job before I make a decision.
Speaker 2: Have you seen any information to date that the Cincinnati police officer should be criminally charged with anything?
Speaker 4: No, I have not yet.
Speaker 2: All right, Connie Pillage, thank you very much, and this is interesting. We hope the Bengals lease works out. I hope that Joe Burrow leads the team to the super Bowl. I hope there's a long term lease. I hope the money, diverse funding mechanisms, community benefits.
Speaker 5: I want it all there, we all do.
Speaker 2: And I know Denise Treehouse has said to me she's not going to submit it to the taxpayers ahead of time, but she doesn't have to, and so we hope this deal works out. And once again, Connie Pillage, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Connie, my pleasure, God God bless you. Let's continue with more. There you have it. So another twist and turn in the Bengals Lee he's in the Bengals relationship with the Hambleton County. It continues on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: So, my buddy and I were at the basketball game last Saturday.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you go to the hockey game?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: You hate hockey because you're an ice hater. Look, I'm just telling a joke.
Speaker 5: You're an ice hater. No ice hater.
Speaker 10: Sometimes it feels like it's not safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 7: They want to hear what you have to say. We think it's important for everyone to be heard.
Speaker 1: Eddie and Rockey This afternoon at three on.
Speaker 11: Seven hundred WLW, Tri State Chevrolet buyers together, let's drive. They were struck in the late eighteen hundreds, and less than two hundred of these gold coins are available. Coin experts are calling this gold fine an incredible opportunity. Call one eight hundred nine to seven three nine eight one nine and you are guaranteed a ten dollars gold liberty coin. Minted by the US Mint in the eighteen hundreds, but with extremely limited availability. You must call now. These gold coins from the eighteen hundreds are still in uncirculated condition.
Speaker 5: That is history.
Speaker 7: You can hold in your hand.
Speaker 11: To learn more, call one eight hundred nine to seven three nine, eight one nine. Call now and you'll receive a free American Coin Collector's Bonus package, a forty dollars value free with every order. Call one eight hundred nine seven three nine eight one nine now to secure your ten dollars gold liberty coins dated from the eighteen hundreds before they sell out. That's one eight hundred nine to seven three nine eight one nine.
Speaker 5: Nita Plumber, stop settling. You deserve better. Call Plumb Tight Plumbing today. Dave Riley's coming.
Speaker 2: But for first of all, the Reds have changed the start of tonight tonight's game from six to five to ten. Is the first pitches at five ten. Our coverage starts at four to ten. So if you're coming to the Battle of Ohio tonight, first pitches at five ten, and uh we begin coverage at four to ten? Is that correct to Davis? Is that the right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So once again, first pitch five ten. Coverage starts at four to ten. Steve Raley, Welcome once again to the Bill Cunningham Show. So you're causing the Reds to change five aout an hour and a half the first pitch tonight. How you're responsible for this?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: Tell the American people, is Zach Brown's gonna go nuts at TQL Battle of Ohio? Change the start of the game tonight. Give us a full report on the weather.
Speaker 12: Well, my good friend Mother Nature once again letting us down. That's really the bottom line. It does look like that around the five six o'clock hour we could start to see some showers and storms in the area. I think it'll be closer to maybe eight o'clock when we see it around the metro. Regardless, we're going to see some pretty powerful storms tonight. We are in a moderate risk that is category four out of five, and it's about as high as you can go. We rarely see a five out of five. So you get the significance of what the Storm Prediction Center thinks about our chances about severe weather tonight.
Speaker 2: So as far as moving the start tonight's game with the Cleveland Guardians, that's a good idea.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, no question, about it. The earlier they can start, the better. My guess is they're doing this so that you know, you're looking at about what a three hour game or something along those lines. You might just be able to sneak it in downtown. So the problem is is there's still going to be thunderstorms around and lightning. And the difficulty with a moderate risk Bill is the fact that everything is elevated, meaning, yeah, sure we're going to see some severe storms, but instead of these sixty mile an hour gus, we could likely see seventy seventy.
Speaker 7: Five mile an hour gus. God forbid.
Speaker 12: But if we see a tornado, there's a higher chance in some parts of the Try State, which is pretty much everybody, of seeing a stronger tornado instead of the ef zeros or ones. We're talking about the possibility of seeing any two or greater, right, So it's a real yeah.
Speaker 2: And right now there's nothing on the radar. I'm looking at Channel nine. There's little or nothing on the radar. Correct, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: It's going to develop as we go through the day.
Speaker 12: As soon as we start to see some of this cloud cover in some areas break, and that'll be shortly, we'll start to see the temperatures rise quickly, and it's going to set the stage for a cold front later tonight. What happens is is that cold front, the cold air undercuts the warm air and shoves it like northward in other words, or into the atmosphere, and that's what will create these strong storms. In the last couple of days, we had something called a cap on the atmosphere. It's a warm layer sitting at about five seven thousand feet and it stops thunderstorms from happening.
Speaker 7: We don't have that today, So.
Speaker 12: As a result, when that cold front comes in, thunderstorms are going to pop quickly.
Speaker 2: And as far as a seventy five mob prior win, isn't that like a category one hurricane?
Speaker 7: Well not really.
Speaker 12: There's a difference in that hurricane at seventy four is classified as a category one. But that's a continuous wind. These are gusts measured at three second intervals.
Speaker 7: But let's not be foolish.
Speaker 12: A seventy five mile an hour wind takes your patio furniture and throws it over the patio or anything else when it hits even for three seconds.
Speaker 2: Is there any chance of this occurring when schools let out. There's some schools still going on, like at three o'clock. Should skilled administrators be concerned about this?
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 12: It doesn't look like that's going to happen at that time frame because the reason why these storms is I mentioned, will happen because of the coal front, and that's going to be coming in later.
Speaker 2: All right, So as far as the hail, I see, you're also predicting hal of one one to two inch hal the size of maybe a paddle ball.
Speaker 5: Explain that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the reality is is because these storms are so tall into the atmosphere, we call it coalescing. In other words, as the hail forms and it bounces around, there's a greater updraft, a greater down draft, and you just have like a well, best way to describe it is like a treadmill one that would like to have a gerbil on it. In other words, it just goes round and round and round and finally drops. But because these storms are so large and so high in the atmosphere, they have a longer time to form, and we get bigger hail pieces falling out of the clouds.
Speaker 5: So you're saying all hell is about to break loose. What are the odds?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, weather types like you are right maybe fifty to eighty percent of the time. It's a great job. If I'm wrong one time, all hell breaks loose. Nonetheless, is this on a level of one to ten? How certain is this going to happen?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: Is it like one five to nine? How certain?
Speaker 7: Well, let's put it this way.
Speaker 12: The world leaders in severe storms are located in Oklahoma City. World leaders, mind you, these are the brightest, smartest meteorologists on the planet, and placed us in that category four out of five. So if I cut down your one out of ten to one to five, we're in a moderate risk four out of five. And the world experts are saying so, and certainly I wouldn't disagree from what I've seen and have looked at. Even this morning, I was just about to put out a video on my Facebook page talking about the forecast in the same way that we're talking right now. In my confidence that there's going to be severe weather tonight, hopefully, hopefully it's not going to be a major outbreak.
Speaker 2: You know, a couple of friends of mine, Jeff Beckham and Wayne Carucci, and the transportation trucking business they're always concerned when they hear seventy five mile peror gust of wins that would take over a tractor trailer.
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 12: In fact, it's funny because I was going to post an infographic from the National Weather Service that shows that very thing. If you're out on the road, stay away from those tractor trailers because if these wins hit, then yeah, they go over.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll see bat down the hatches, big news. The Reds first pitch tonight is five to ten, which is an hour and a half earlier. So if you're coming to the Cleveland Guardians game with the Reds, its first pitch is five to ten. Cover starts at four to ten. Hopefully by eight o'clock the game's over and all hell doesn't break loose. And once again, Steve Rawley of the Power of Nine, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thanks Steve, always glad to be here. Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more. There you go. Well, we'll see what happens. And weather men are wrong quite often and right every now and then, And this time he says, four out of five, that's eighty percent chance of these terrible circumstances. So we're going to see exactly what's going on now. Secondly, after one o'clock today, I have Rob Sanders coming on to talk about a similar situation that happened with Ryan Hinton, and this is the Amazon shooting. In that case, the Amazon shooter purported shooter was having a gun to his head. And Rob Sanders was picked by the Kenton Attorney General's office in order to be a special prosecutor out of Boone County. Of course Robinson, Kenton County, and I'm gonna post him the big question, and that is that if in it turns out that the Cincinnati police officer misperceived the gun being pointed at him and those maybe two seconds that he had to assess everything, does that mean he committed a criminal act? As you may know tomorrow, Ryan Hinton, the eighteen year old boy who was involved in the car, theF business and possession of guns, etc. Was running parallel to the police officer according to the video in which the officer had to make a split second decision to say yay or nay. And right now there's murder charge is pending against Rodney Hinton Junior, who's the thirty eight year old father and to go online. The Inquire has done a pretty good story on this today. David Ferrara and Dan Horne has been online quite often on the Hinting cases. And it appears that the father who murdered in cold blood deputy sheriff Larry Henderson is being praised for killing this police officer with signs that say one down, many to go. And so I can't imagine a hotter potato to fall into the lap of Connie Pillach than this case right now. And he's charged with killing a sheriff's deputy in retaliation for the police shooting of his son, Ryan Hinton, eighteen years old, and the NAACP and other community leaders have called his actions unjustified and tragic. Referring to the father, prosecutor said he committed an horrific crime and deserved the death penalty for what he did. Now, of course, in a sense, legally, that Larry Henderson murder is unrelated legally to the shooting of Ryan Hinton. However, in our minds they forever it will be related because in the sick mind of the father, Rodney Hinton, this was in retaliation for what the police did to his son. He went out looking for a cop to kill, and a young woman wrote a song about him with forty likes on TikTok, the likes being about Ryan Hinton, who is the UH, who's the decedent? Shall we say there's a fundraiser I won't give out the website that's provided about forty four thousand dollars to the UH, to the defense fund of Rodney Hinton, the father t shirts Free Rodney, We stand with Rodney, et cetera. So I'm gonna ask Rob Sanders, who's been at this business all of his life, about do you have to wait until an assailant in possession of a nine millimeter with an extended mag You have to wait until that person points the gun at you or fires it before you can respond. And I think I know there is I think I know Rob Sanders's answer. The answer is no, don't have to wait, because it takes a quarter of a second for a gun to go from the side of the hip into a firing position. And the UH and the mag and the chamber there was a there was a bullet in the chamber, there's around in the chamber. Plus he had the ability to fire about twenty to twenty two shots, and when law enforcement officials often disagree with community activists about how police involved shooting are investigated. Maybe Connie Pillag I think she kind of just said, is going to submit this to a grand jury.
Speaker 5: Prosecutor does not have to do that.
Speaker 2: If the prosecutor believes firmly believes that this probable cause the crime was committed and the defendant committed at this being the police officer, she's under duty to submit it, however, to a grand jury, which is generally a panel of eighteen to twenty citizens who formally indict. On the other hand, if she feels there's not a firm belief that this police officer who killed Ron Hinton committed a criminal offense, she's not required to do so. J McDonald, president of the Ohios FOP, said these fundraising efforts are outrageous to finance off the assassination of a law enforcement official, and UNDUAACP president David Whitehead and Rodney Hinton's actions are indefensible. So the NAACP is saying that Rodney Hinton's actions are indefensible, Well, I think everyone agrees with that.
Speaker 5: He's the father that killed Larry.
Speaker 2: However, the other issue is, are we going to have a circumstance or a sense Sinnati police officer in uniform pulled out his service weapon having heard gun gun, gun, and he shot and killed Ryan Hinton because he rightfully perceived a threat to himself into others. And if a grand jury and Hamlet County indicts at Cincinnati confer in this circumstance, all hell is going to break loose within the law enforcement community. So we'll see what happens. And uh, Ryan Hinton tomorrow is going to be buried, and we'll see what occurs. And I'm not aware of the NAACP coming out discussing whether or not Ryan Hinton's behavior caused his own death. I think you and I, if we were on the jury, we know exactly what we would say, most of us anyway, And we'll see what happens. We also have percolating out there the Bengals lease and the County Pillage has said essentially just at the end of the process, which is six weeks before completion of the lease, that the county commissioners who were her client, kind of encouraged her because under the leadership of the county Commissioners. Then each Treehouse Stephanie Dumas and Alisha Reese to find someone else working for the county. I've had Tom Gable on years ago. I met him two or three times. Appears to be a nice guy. Him and his outfit charges about a million dollars a year for legal services. And although the happy talk is always there, it is somewhat unusual, shall we say, to at the end of a process to fire the attorney, and that it's also unusual for the other party to complain to the county commissioners that you're hiring your wrong lawyer. The wrong group's coming in. We don't want that group. Well, the Bengals don't get to pick who represents the county, and the county doesn't get to pick who represents the Bengals. Hopefully these things, shall we say at arm's length. In this one group, which is headed up by Inner Circle Sports, is extremely well respected. They've negotiated at least six other business deals between the state, the city, the county and the team in the NFL. Now their job is to negotiate the deal. And then you have the Dinsmore and Schule, represented by a fine bunch of attorneys, wonderful lawyers including George Vincent and Alex trunt Tefilu are going to legally make sure that the deal itself doesn't have too many loopholes in it. So one part of it is all right, talk to the state, talk to the county, talk to the city, talk to the Bengals, talk to the NFL, that these are the parameters, are like a four hundred page document. Then the lawyers get involved to put the intent in the legal ease. Maybe that's the best way to say it. I know at this point that Tom Gableman, who's been involved in this process I think for over a quarter of a century from the good, the bad, and the ugly, is unhappy being kicked off at the end of the deal. The Bengals press release indicates they're not happy. So, as I said to County Pillach, I can't imagine in the next what forty two days, that these various entities, whether it's whether it's the lawyers or whether it's the inner circle or kind of get together and get it all done in the next forty two days when we come to thirty years in this circumstance. But I guess it's possible and we'll see what happens. And one thing I would note that when I've had on the county commissioners other than Alisia Reese, Denise Treehouse says things are going famously. Things are going well. We got this deal that's in coit, which means doesn't spring to life yet, of one hundred and eighty million to do immediate upgrades starting in February, and the Bengals are going to pay two thirds for going to pay one third. That's contingent on getting a lease, which doesn't appear very close at this point. And so if that's put off to the side and the Bengals pull the trigger and say, okay, we want to extend the lease for two more years, it puts the county in a bad position because the lease is in favor of the Bengals in the NFL, not in favor of the taxpayer. And so Denise Treehouse repeatedly said, well, we don't want to operate anymore under.
Speaker 5: The old lease.
Speaker 2: But the Bengals have the right, whether you like it or not, to maintain the present lease. They have five two year extensions, so the Bengals can push the taxpayers in Hamlet County up against the wall for the next ten years if they so deduce, if they elect to do so, and keep fighting with the Bengals for the next decade, and if that happens, uh, I would can anyone can you predict the twist and turns of this one?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 2: So let's continue with more after one o'clock today we'll be Rob Sanders on police shootings, things of that character and more. Plus we have coming up terrible storms. You just heard Steve Raley, and say it again, because it's quite unusual for the Reds to change the start of a game five hours before it's set to begin. But the first pitch tonight, it's gonna be five to ten, not six forty five to ten Eastern time.
Speaker 5: Tonight.
Speaker 2: Our coverage starts at four to ten with the Rock and Eddie Eddie Fingers, by the way, is a living legend in my book, All on news Radio seven hundred Wow, Billy cunning in the Grant Americans joining you and I now this like Prosecutor's Day and this Friday afternoon where terrible weather is coming.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have more in that later on.
Speaker 2: But Rob Sanders, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show, and there was a special council situation and then the Amazon shooting. Can you kind of relate to the American people what you went through when at the Amazon facility the police shot and killed someone that's clearly was having mental difficulties. Explained the process you went through in your decision.
Speaker 13: Well, Willie, I was appointed to this case as special prosecutor to review the Boone County Sheriff's Office officer involved use deadly force because the Boone County common with Attorney my good friend Lewis Kelly, had a conflict of interest in the case, so he has the Attorney General to take it over in the Attorney General appointed me a special prosecutor. That's how it came to be involved in the first place. But what the investigation revealed was that on April twenty ninth, a twenty twenty five Boone County's nine to one to one center got a call from a fellow that owns a trucking company who said, one of our trailers has just gotten stolen from a truck stop in Indiana, and they relate that somebody had pulled up in their own semi tractor hooked up to this trailer and just driven off with the trailer that didn't belong to him. But what the thief did not know is that that trailer was equipped with GPS monitoring. So the truck company was able to call Boone County's dispatch and give him precise locations of where the truck was, where it was headed, and what it was passing, so on and so forth, And they kept a lit relaying that information until Florence Police officers were able to perform a traffic stop on a vehicle. They got the driver out of the vehicle. That driver when they went to cuff him just to detain him. They weren't ready to arrest him yet, but they were going to put him in handcuffs so they could detain him while they investigated this stolen trailer. And as soon as they went to put the handcuffs on, he took off running, And as he was running from the Florence police, he produced a handgun from his waistband, and after a short footchase where they caught up to him, he put the handgun to his own head and proceeded to continue to walk away from officers. Now several other officers from both Florence Police and Boom County Sheriff's Office responded. This fella, who was later identified as Michael Simpson, who I believe most recently resided in Indiana, but has prior residences in both Kentucky and Ohio. He kept walking from officers with the gun to his head, threatening to shoot himself, asking the officers to shoot him. Obviously, in a very bad situation and a very untenable situation for both him and the officers, tried to carjack a few passing motorists on Industrial Road.
Speaker 6: In Boone County.
Speaker 13: Fortunately he was unsuccessful in that, but eventually he walked himself into the back corner of the Amazon facility out there, which has a very tall fence around it, and he got cornered by the officers. Had no place to go, and after a several minutes standoff where officers repeatedly told him to put the gun down talk to him, he eventually started walking towards the officers, and when he started closing the distance between himself and the officers, the officers had no choice really but to open fire on him and neutralize the threat. Because it only takes as you and I have discussed in the past, It only takes about a quarter of a second for somebody to move a firearm from their side to pointing at officers, and it takes a bullet about a tenth of a second to cover the twenty five yards or so that this suspect was away from the officers. They really don't have a choice. They can't retreat. They can't just let this guy walk away to go carjack another person, or go in the Amazon facility and take hostages or anything like that. So they can't retreat. Asking police officers to get in a fistfight with somebody that's got a gun in their hand is totally ridiculous and not a viable option either. So the only option after that is to neutralize the threat and fire a shot. Bon County Sheriffs Deputies Shinkle and Walker fired four total shots, striking mister Simpson four times, and he was unfortunately deceased shortly thereafter, despite life saving attempts by both officers on the scene and emergency medical personnel that call were called in just a couple of minutes later.
Speaker 2: Now, Rob Sanders, this maybe relevant to what's happening in Cincinnati, which is whether the barrel of the gun was pointed at a cop when the cop shot the future deceding too. Was there evidence in this case that the future dead guy actually actually pointed the gun?
Speaker 5: Is that required?
Speaker 6: Well, no, it's not required, Willy.
Speaker 13: That the notion that police, you know, this concept of like do not fire until fired upon. That's something that we see and hear about in top Gun. But that is not something that we deal with in the law enforcement. It's not the state of the law in Kentucky or any other state. As far as I know, anyone who poses a credible threat to an officer's life can be met, especially when they're armed with weapon, can be met with deadly force in order to save the officer's life and the life of their fellow officers, as well as the number of Been County citizens that were in that area, all the Amazon employees, all the passing motors whose lives were also in danger from an armed carjacker. It's not entirely clear on the bodycam video, Willie, whether he ever pointed the gun in officers because of the distance between himself and the officers, but we know that he did try and carjack at least two passing motorists. There's only one reason to have a gun, though, especially when you're surrounded by officers telling you to drop it. The only reason to have a gun in your hand is if you intend to use it. And when he started approaching the officers, even though he was pointing the gun at himself, he still posed a threat to those officers. So this notion the gun barrel has to be aimed at the officers. Quite frankly, if the officer waits until the gun barrel is pointed at them, they've waited too long because they may not get the opportunity to save their own life. If that barrel is already pointed at the officer, then the officer has about a tenth of a second before they can be struck with a bullet, And it takes the zero point two to five seconds or a fourth of a second, in order to decide to pull the trigger in to actually respond and pull the trigger. Obviously, a quarter of a second is very fast, but it's not as fast as moving bullets. So I don't know where this debate came from, or this notion that the gun barrel has to be pointed at the cop before the cops life is in danger. That is, first of all not factually true. And second of all, that's not the state of the law. There is nothing in the wall that says officers have to have a gun barrel pointed at them before they can defend their own lives.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's to remain in the Hinton case. And Ryan Hinton, eighteen year old boy is going to be buried tomorrow, and certain activist saying that the videotape of Ryan Hinton running with a gun in his hand doesn't seem to show him pointing the gun at the Cincinnati police officer at the moment he fired four shots killing Ryan Hinton.
Speaker 5: It's being called an execution.
Speaker 2: One sign of the courthouse today says one down, many to go. And the argument, I guess in a general way as well, he wasn't pointing the gun. He left the car with the gun in his hand, He took three steps, fell, the gun left his possession, He picked up the gun, continued to run between two dumpsters, and then as he exits the two dumpsters, the cop is and the other cops yelling gun, gun, gun, which means it's on. That's it, it's on. And then the argument's going to be, well, young Ryan Hinton who had carjacked, committed numerous felonies in possession of a firearm under the age of twenty one in Ohio, which is illegal. He had a criminal record, couldn't have a gun, and just tole in a car. I guess out of Edgeward. We talked about that earlier, about a week or two ago. There may be Kentucky charges filed on that incident relative to the three that lived. But the argument is, well, why not just let him go? Why not just let him he was ten yards from the woods. Just let him run into the woods and don't shoot him. Just in an academic sense, how would you respond to that?
Speaker 6: Well, Willy, there's a lot to unpackage there.
Speaker 13: But first of all, what Ryan Hinton's father did in attacking a random police officer is if anything, is only going to make officers faster to pull the trigger because they never know out of nowhere somebody can just come into their space and kill them for no reason whatsoever. It was not justified that Hamilton Kunty, sheriff's deputy, had nothing to do with his son's death. He was just out there directing traffic for the UC graduation, and here he is attacked and killed his payback for something he had absolutely nothing to do with. So officers will be even faster on to go to the trigger now that they have to consider anybody approaching them is the risk of their life. But nevertheless, it's still a very similar situation that why would he have picked up that gun knowing that the police were there. He was already running from the police at the time he tripped and fell and dropped the gun. There's no reason to go and retrieve that gun knowing you were being chased by the police, nless you intend to use it. So that officer, when he saw this young man come from between the dumpster, had about a quarter of a second to respond, and Ryan Hinton appears to have changed directions in that quarter of a second. But very similar to the Boone coun case, at the time the officer would have made the decision that he needed to shoot his gun. That suspect was closing the distance between suspect and officer, giving the officer even less time to respond. So I don't see these cases all that differently. But nevertheless, the Hinton case is not my case. That's in the hands of the Hamilton County prosecutor to decide but I don't see that that if it had been in my jurisdiction, I can't imagine that I would be pursuing charges. Nevertheless, as we heard on WLW earlier today, apparently a grand jury investigations on point which I can't understand. And that's fine. Let the grand jury investigation run its course. But at the end of the day, people just need to know that long Horseman is a very dangerous, imperfect business. But we pay these brave men and women to go into situations and deal with criminals so that we don't have to because it's not safe. And we can't ask them to do that for the meager salaries that they make, especially, but we can't ask them to do it period without giving them the opportunity to defend their lives and the lives of their fellow officers. So anybody out there that's inclined to carry a gun, which I'm not condemning people carrying guns, Billy, I carry a gun every day, but when a police officer tells me to stop or drop my gun, you can bet that's what I'm going to do, because if I don't, there's a real good chance that I get shot that that police officer is going to shoot me, And everybody out there needs to know that if you're going to carry a firearm.
Speaker 6: That's your right, that's your choice. That's fine.
Speaker 13: But if you don't listen to police officers giving you a lawful command to stop and drop your gun, there is a very good chance that that is going to.
Speaker 6: Be the end of your life.
Speaker 2: The other issue is this a little bit inside baseball. There's no requirement or duty that account prosecutor has to submit to the grand jury any criminal case. So explain if Connie Pilach makes a decision in a few weeks to submit it or not submit it. In your case, you did not submit it the Amazon shooting. Tell the American people the duty of a prosecutor to submit a case to the grand jury or not submitted.
Speaker 13: Well, first of all, Willie prosecutors have an ethical duty in every case, not just police shooting cases, but in every case to not pursue criminal charges.
Speaker 6: Against any defendant in any.
Speaker 13: Case where the prosecutor does not believe that there is probable cause.
Speaker 6: That an offense has been committed.
Speaker 13: So if it's no different for police officers who are suspects than it is for you, me or any other average citizen. You have, Tony Bender, Rocky Boytman, any of these guys, that if we believe there's no probable cause the crime has been committed, we have an ethical duty not to pursue the charges. Thus, in cases where I believe there is not probable cause to be to believe an offense has been committed, to go ahead and present the case to the grand jury would be in violation of my ethics as a prosecutor. Now that doesn't mean that every case that goes in front of a grand jury has to be indicted, And all it has to mean is that the prosecutor believes there is at least probable cause, which is a much lower standard than proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
Speaker 6: But there is at least probable cause.
Speaker 13: That an offense has been committed and there is something there that the grand jury can ethically consider charging. Now that doesn't necessarily mean that just because an investigation is open in front of the grand jury, that doesn't necessarily mean the case will be presented.
Speaker 6: Because prosecutors can use the grand juries to.
Speaker 13: Investigate to do just that, to gather evidence, to subpoena witnesses, to subpoena, physical evidence records, whatever the prosecutor needs in order to further the investigation. It just so happens that in a lot of these police officer involves shooting cases, it's all captured on body camera video.
Speaker 6: Or dastard video.
Speaker 13: They usually going to the videotape answers most of your questions, if not all your questions.
Speaker 2: Well, on the Amazon shooting that you just reviewed on behalf of the state of Kentucky, the future decedent did not point a gun, but it would have taken a split second. He didn't have the gun to a as a happy moment. He wanted to kill himself or kill a cop, and same thing in the hint in case, it would take very little time to go from you know, from having the gun in one direction to having gun in the other direction.
Speaker 13: It would willie and it is when he moves closer and closer to those police officers, he was giving them less time to react, less time to make a decision. And if he were allowed to continue towards them and a few more steps, they would be literally face to face nose and at that point there's pertually no time to make a decision. So you can't expect police officers to fistfight somebody that has a gun.
Speaker 6: In the hands. No, you.
Speaker 13: I don't want to live in a world where it is not acceptable for police officers to defend their own lives from armed suspects that are refusing officers lawful commands, that are refusing to cooperate, not getting on the ground, not stopping, not dropping their gun, not doing anything they're told. That's obviously someone who is trying to provoke a confrontation I suspect, And in counter case, the suspect was suicidal. He just didn't have the backbone to pull the trigger himself and end his own life, right, But he had to do in that situation by walking towards those officers, exactly what he was asking those officers to do, and.
Speaker 6: That was take his own life for him.
Speaker 13: And I think he got exactly what he desired out of those police officers. Unfortunately, it's his two officers that now have to live the rest of their lives knowing that they took a man's life, and hopefully that doesn't cause them mental health issues or anguish or anything like that of their own that that was something somebody else forced them to do. But it's just not that simple all the time, Willy. When it comes to mental health.
Speaker 2: Well, if Connie Pillage semitsus came how many kind of grand jury and there's our runaway jury and they indict the police officer from the City of Cincinnati, Charmaine McGuffey, the Sheriff's Department, Cincinnati Police, all the suburban departments would be in rebellion because if that's the standard that I have to wait to get shot or wait till he fires a shot and missus before I can, before I can take down an armed suspect, the police in this community are gonna have a conniption fit. It's gonna be it's going to be ugly. So I hope, in a sense common Pelly's that does not submit.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of applications in Kentucky.
Speaker 13: If that's what happens, you know, we're already having trouble filling all of our open positions in law enforcement in Northern Kentucky as it is.
Speaker 6: So I guess we'll see.
Speaker 13: But I certainly wouldn't want to work in a jurisdiction where I can't defend my own life. But we know in Northern Kentucky that's not the case, so I you know, hopefully time will tell, hopefully doesn't come to that, but I suspect if that happens, we will see an increase in applications from Ohio officers in Kentucky police departments.
Speaker 2: I pray to God that Cincinnati cop is not indicted and charged, and I hope in a sense, his name is never released because of the difficulties for the rest of his life for having taken someone's life whose behavior calls it to occur. Once again, Rob Sanders, thanks for coming in and relating to the American people what's happening, and you continue to have a great weekend.
Speaker 9: Rob.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: Willie, thanks for having me on. And I just need to give one quick shout out Willie. I've been doing this radio show with you for many, many years now and never have I mentioned where my child goes to school. But my daughter is graduating from the Summit Country Day School this week. I can finally say that on the air because it's no longer a safety threat for anybody to know where she's going to school. But just wanted to say loud and proud that grace of your dad's proud of you, and congratulations to everybody at the Summer Country Day School and their graduation and especially the men's and women's state championship soccer teams. A big year for the Summer Country Day School. But congratulations to all the scene.
Speaker 2: Tell your daughter hard work pays off. And Rob Sanders thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Ron, Thanks Willie. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: Let's continue.
Speaker 2: And uh, I'm getting no indication at County Pelich will submit the case of the grand jury. I'm getting an indication she might, but this duty not to submit it unless you firmly believe that the person you want to be indicted committed a criminal offense. So if the Cincinnati cop, if he's indicted for shooting Ryan Hinton, I think all hell is going to break loose with law enforcement. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW. We have the ship Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and of course with a segment and we sell it.
Speaker 14: It's for severe weather this afternoon. Main impacts will be damaging wins. Have you rain and can't rule out the possibility of seeing some hell?
Speaker 5: Hello quiet, I'm broadcasting. Did she say the possibility of hell. That's not good. How do we have a sounder for that? Lucifer in his prime? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We got hal how about category one hurricane force wins? Got one to two inch hail? How about torrential downpours? How about flooding?
Speaker 6: That enough?
Speaker 5: Is that enough for you?
Speaker 7: Segment?
Speaker 5: There's Hilary's laughing. Imagine if she was she was the president. That's our hell sounder. That's hell. When hell's showing up, that's that's what there we go see. You put her and Kamala Harris together. How about Kamala's cackle in the Middle East? How would that play?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you think she's gonna go to cut her and get seven point four billion dollars in business? Yeah? Do you think she Do you think they give her a free plane? No? No? Do you think Celenskin Putin would say, yeah, I'm a little bit. We're still fight listening to her? God, do you think she's gonna go, hey, you guys, don't stop the war?
Speaker 7: Every week?
Speaker 5: Israel gonna listen to her? No?
Speaker 2: Thank everyone that voted for her should walk up to the American flag and seek forgiveness for the political crimes you've made in voting for that woman to be the president.
Speaker 5: Tackling Comala on the head Hunter, Willy the Stooja Porto this Friday is a proud service every local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality. You can feel Red's updates spot. Thank you Roxy, the Reds and Guardians Willie. Tonight, they moved the game up due to tonight's weather forecast. Game time is now five to ten. Write that down, segment five to ten instead of six forty. Write that down, So game time is now five to ten, four to ten with the Arnel Carriers inside Pitch and Lance and then the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning show after the game with the Chickster. What about that segment? Now I got the injury updates? Oh no, TJ Friedel hit by a pitch Tuesday, All choked up about hit by a pitch Tuesday that he collided with a La Cruz the outfield got a bone bruis. He may be ready for tonight, how we look it. Remember Christian and Canasio on strand with lower back inflammation. I'll believe it when I see it on the il. Since April seventeenth, a month he's been working out at the Reds Complex in Arizona. Oh, thank god, thank god, wouldn't they take a couple of domes pills and he's okay. Rehet Louder it's going to start a rehab assignments starting tonight at Triple A Louisville. On his way back. They won't play tonight either, Louisville. It's going to be worse than here. Jake the snake Freeley on the il with left calf tenderness? What does that mean? On May tenth? Got it hurt? A cow that's unhappy. MRI reveals internal bleeding and the calf muscle may return in late May or early June.
Speaker 15: If you were to ask that age old question, how we look it?
Speaker 5: Not good? NCAA softball just underway in the Knoxville Regional down there in the volunteer State, the Mini RedHawks and Tennessee one at it. Hunter Green's going to miss it, maybe at least one more. Start with his injury. How do you get to the groin? You got a bad groin that's not happening. You know, a loose groin is a happy growing Oh, they showed pictures everything.
Speaker 7: The other day.
Speaker 5: He was walking his dog at Great American Ballpark, ross Man, did he show us his groin? Kentucky Girls State Lacrosse quarter Finals tomorrow morning at eleven am Oldham County against Notre Dame Academy Ye n DA PGA Tour Update, second round. Here we go. Jonathan Vegas, Johnny Vegas ten under through thirteen. He can't win. Matthew Pavaughan out of France, never heard him. And Michael Thorp Bjornson, never heard of him? And Max Homer what about Timers six under? Tiger's at home worried about his back and legs and everything else. Max Homa sixty four to a six birdies in an eagle. You related to Tish Hoolman or Frank Homan?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: All right, Scottie Scheffler just underway with Ted mckaye two? Is he hurt? Roy McElroy has got some work done. He's at three over starting today. How about a bleeding calf. Phil Mickelson is out of it eight over par. You know he stinks at some kind of these major events. Not good.
Speaker 2: Police find human remains near Taylor Swift's home. No boy, look at at got human remains? How about the boss, Bruce Springs. Well, what would Scott Springer say about the boss crapping all over this country in England giving a speech about America to an English audience.
Speaker 5: Bruce Springsteen is yeah, I'm done with him. Don't let him back. In MLS soccer, Willie is at that. The lady from the weather department said, hell is real at least tomorrow night as FC Cincinnati at Columbus Crew. Well, the way the weather is perfect tomorrow six thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty. Where will you beat Tonight's segment when the storm hits at home? In my basement? College football Alabama roll Tide has offered a scholarship to Moler twenty twenty six quarterback Matt Ponitowski. Doesn't he play baseball too?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is he going to go play quarterback? Four? Al Alabama's coming to town and the Indianapolis five hundred Willie is basically a sellout for the since for the first time since twenty sixteen, packed house of over three hundred and fifty thousand a week from the Sunday last nine years, it's not sold out, Well, no, it hasn't. Well, they went through COVID remember that that was twenty twenty only twenty one, so it's they They will sell out for the first time since one hundredth vision the edition of the race in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: What about the Bristol Motor Speedway for the Reds and the Braves.
Speaker 5: They got over six second? Will you beat there?
Speaker 6: They got.
Speaker 5: I don't know. You and I ought to go down there some do a show, be big. We got there'd be plenty of people to talk to. I think. So, yeah, you and I down there. Yeah I handled baseball, you handled Nascar?
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: Sure they got. They're going to have people there for both, for both sports. We're going to sick over sixty thousand tickets sold so far.
Speaker 2: Shooting for seventy thousand, because you could have one hundred thousand, but you can't see the game.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 2: You have to have a thousand dump trucks bringing dirt to the infield right to rise up the field?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 5: Can you explain that to me? They can do it. They can if Bristol Motor Speedway should be the site of the Olympic Games from now on, both winter and summer.
Speaker 2: Key lifts right segment, Get me out of the student's report, please, we have another Pete Rose issue coming up on the back the nineteen seventy five baseball be.
Speaker 5: A good looking too. We're looking backs Willie and Ando of the Reds and Guardians. Tonight at five ten, write that down. Game time change four to ten here on the big one, write that down. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stude Report. Mars Joe getting the phone lighting up already.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got this feeding so.
Speaker 5: They still play this. There's a dam do they okay? Good Tommy, Tommy loves is good. One of the dicks Banana calls. Don Don Breen came up with the banana phone. I think he used to work at Jaquitah. Why do they take it? Take some calls I don't know, don't answer me. Talked to Tommy and Jeff call him up, punk punk punk, It's no.
Speaker 7: For me.
Speaker 4: I tell you your phone.
Speaker 5: Party loved that too. He loved taking us and you talk to calls and away they went. You don't know what you know what you're now now now they're listening to podcasts. I like the banana phone. I think the fans. You want to hear from the fans. Talk to Tommy, talk to you, talk to him. I'm gonna talk to him, Brentley, talk to you. You controls area exactly. He's the boss. I'm calling you call him. Let's continue, all right. News Radio seven hundred w LD.
Speaker 2: Briading Life and Times of Pete Rose, the Big Red Machine and more. Yesterday was fabulous Pete Rose Day, unbelievable, forty some thousand. I wish the Reds had won, of course on Wednesday, but that did not happen. Yesterday they did win. And by the way, for those listening now, the Reds have changed the time of today's game back to five to ten first pitch and our coverage starts at four to ten until then. But I ran across this, and this is this is great stuff. There's a big Red Machine, back to back World Series commemorate commemorative thirty four inch bat with a lot of a lot of items on and put together by Nico Sports. It's a fabulous opportunity for Reds baseball fans to celebrate the Reds and Pete Rose joining you, and I now is bye Ivik. He's with that great group, and Bob, first of all, tell the American people about this bat and how can so many of us get it? It's a limited number. It's going to be a collector's item. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 9: Sure, and nice to be with you guys today, and yeah, it's great to see you. You know, Peek getting the opportunity to be put forth, but you know he was part of that Big Red Machine team, and then seventy five and of course in seventy six when they repeat it, we're doing something. It's very limited only if one thousand, nine hundred and seventy five of these full sized, thirty four inch Big Red Machine wooden bats are going to be made. They're fully licensed by Major League Baseball and the Players Association. In a moment, I'll give out a toll free number on a website how you can still get these. I checked in with not Go Sports and they probably have just a couple hundred of these left. So when I give out that information, you're gonna want to do it real soon. On the barrel of the bat, everything is engraved on there. You'll get the nineteen seventy five World Series Championship logo along with a really cool image of the championship ring won by the players that year. And then we have also the seventy six World Series Championship when they won back to back with that image, that logo, and also a championship ring from what the players wore that year. You'll also have on the panel which everything I should point out is engraved.
Speaker 6: We'll have a.
Speaker 9: Listing of the Grade eight players, their numbers, positions, and also we list the results of both the seventy five and the seventy six World Series on a barrel of the back. Again, only one, nine hundred and seventy five, but these will ever be made. They're all individually numbered. We have just a couple hundred left. They're priced at one hundred and forty nine dollars in ninety five cents. If you order them today, you'll get it before Father's state. It's a great father's date gift idea. The toll free number to call is one eight hundred three four five two eight six eight. That's one eight hund hundred three four five twenty eight sixty eight. Or just go right to the website. You can see it there. It is stunning nicosports dot com. It's spelled nik coosports dot com. That's nik coosports dot com. Hurry up and do this, because, like I said, We only have a couple hundred of these left, and we start out with one than nine hundred and seventy five. These will be something you put it up in your home office or your your man cave or your sheeeshad, whatever.
Speaker 6: You want to call it.
Speaker 9: I guarantee you if people will come in and say, Wow, where did you get that baseball back?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm looking at the grade eight and Rose Morgan bench, Perez Foster Conceptsion Griffy Geronimo. Uh, there's not a better team ever put together. I'll put that team up against the twenty seven Yankees against any team the three Yankees makes no difference. Great team and this brings a segment And doesn't this cause a flood of memories to come back to you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: No doubt about it. Well, because yeah, the thing of it is, Bob, that you know, this is a fiftieth it's been fifty years since seventy five. Yeah, I mean, this is this is a year. I mean it's they mentioned that the other night on Pete Rose Knight and you're thinking it's been fifty years since they won that championship in nineteen seventy five, And I mean that hits your right flat in the face that it's fifty years.
Speaker 9: You know, you're so right. You know, I was covering the Baltimore Orioles those years at the Baltimore Sun, and I always remember Earl Weaver, the manager of the Orils back then, telling me the one team that he kept an eye on beside Oakland, which was in the American League, was Barking Anderson's team. That was the team he feared.
Speaker 5: No question, no doubt. I look at this bat.
Speaker 2: I got a great photo of this bat for a Father's Day gift for It's always difficult to buy things for your dad, very difficult. Many fathers have everything. What they want is time and they want memories and this for us or a daughter. Go buy this for dead or buy it for yourself. Pass it on to generations unborn. It would be a big thing. And once again, Bob, give out that phone number. I fear that there's going to be hundreds of people calling. It will be none left.
Speaker 1: But now on that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you're so right, uh, William Saik I appreciate that the toll free number to call again. These are one forty nine ninety five each. Everything is individually numbered to salute the big Red Machine back to back years when they won the titles one eight hundred three four five two eight six eight one eight hundred three four five twenty eight sixty eight. If you can't get through the phone lines, because I know they've been busy, go right to nicosports dot com. You spell it nik cosports dot com again, that's nik coosports dot com one hundred and forty nine dollars and ninety five cents each and you'll get a number certificate of all sthticity. This is really cool piece of history.
Speaker 2: All right, Bob, thank you eight hundred three four five two eight six eight or nikosports dot com if the line is busy. Bob, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 5: And I'm Bob. You're a great American.
Speaker 7: Thank you well, Thank you so much.
Speaker 9: And listen you guys have a wonderful day and a better weekend coming up.
Speaker 2: God bless America. Thank you very much, Bob. I let's continue with more news next at show with the Reds. The game time first pitch tonight is five ten because of the weather. All on News Radio seven hundred WLW. Billy Cunningham, the great American, Steve Cortes is the president of the League of American Workers and senior political.
Speaker 5: Advisor to Catholic Vote.
Speaker 2: Joining you and I now and once again, Steve Cortes, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 5: Just in a general way.
Speaker 2: They when Leo was selected, I thought it was fabulous, But then there's lots of negative stuff coming out, which I think is a bunch of bs. Give the guy a break. I love the fact he's an American. I love the fact he's a White Sox fan, which he knows what losing is all about.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: I looked at twenty oh five when the White Sox are in the World Series and there's a there's a much younger Catholic priest. They just happened to have an out q of and that's Leo the fourteenth, And uh, it's unbelievable that we have this guy at this point. But there's an intersection of Catholic social teaching and economic challenges that I hope this pope understands. Tell the American people that that juxtaposition.
Speaker 10: You bet, and I'm listen. I'm very confident he does understand it. Given his name and his own explanation for choosing that name. But yeah, first, let me just tell you so, I grew up right near the Pope. Now I'm sixteen years younger than him, so we didn't we didn't, you know, overlap it all.
Speaker 1: But I was at that same World Series game, the Game one in two thousand and five.
Speaker 10: I wasn't on camera, but I was there, unlike the Pope, but kind of fun just to think you were in the stadium, you know, at this momentous game the Pope, with the Pope and he there's also been for a lot of people who are from the South Side of Chicago, like he and I are. There's a very famous pizza place called Aurelios, which I was basically raised on, and there he was just recently a year ago, back there visiting, and sure enough went to Aurelios, which also speaks highly of his taste.
Speaker 1: And his character.
Speaker 10: So but even more importantly than Chicago pizza. When he chose namely, at first, of course, I was excited a Chicago as a Sicago guy, very excited as an.
Speaker 1: American, A big deal for this country, of course.
Speaker 10: But then when I heard Leo, I said, huh, because Lelo thirteenth. Okay, his predecessor by name over a hundred years ago, but his precessor by name. I thought, people names typically mean something, right, There's often is a lot of like for example, picking Pious generally Pious has had been very traditional, very conservative, sort of in church terms.
Speaker 1: But picking Leo, I said, I wonder if this is a nod.
Speaker 10: To Leela thirteenth and so I started and Rarem Novarum specifically, which I believe is really a theological explanation of populist economics. So I started writing up this op ed before he had even commented on his own name. Sure enough, before I submitted it. Thankfully, he clarified that was absolutely why he.
Speaker 1: Chose the name Leo.
Speaker 10: Was Rarem novarum, which means of new things was written in the eighteen nineties of papal incyclical and for the non Catholics out there, and it cypical, it isn't just the pope musing okay, that's something serious and it has the power of the papacy. And so for Catholics we take that unbelievably seriously. It means real Catholic thinking. They don't come out very often because they're.
Speaker 1: Very scholarly, often complex works.
Speaker 10: They're sometimes not that easy to read, quite frankly, because they're so intellectual.
Speaker 1: This one is I would encourage people to read. It's not that long, and you will see he's talking about the industrial revolution at that time and what it means for the morality and ethics of economic policy.
Speaker 10: And he does really two things that might appear to be intention but I don't think they are. But the first is he completely dismisses and rejects socialism, because socialism was getting very pervasive across Europe at that point, not really yet here, but a little bit. Holy rejects socialism for its atheism, for its dehumanizing effect upon people. But at the same time he also doesn't want raw commercialism, and he thinks that crony capitalism of dismisses workers and that elevates only capital in terms of public policy decisions and not the success of masses of workers is also wrong, and he calls for a very different kind of economic theory of distributism and subsidiarity, where decisions are made at the lowest levels possible and you avoid a massive concentration of economic power. When I read rerem Novarum, it really is a churchman to me talking a lot like Donald Trump talks about the economy, about a pro worker economy that protects workers in every way.
Speaker 1: So that makes me very happy. Listen, the Pope has said.
Speaker 10: Some worries, some things politically for sure for people, like being on the right, especially regarding immigration, especially regarding climate. But the fact that he chose this name, which is so important, and the fact that really his first addresses of Pope was to explain why he chose a name because of Rere Novar, when he specifically sites that were in another industrial revolution, this one being.
Speaker 1: Digital, you know, with AI and automation and so forth.
Speaker 10: It tells me that actually he and the America First movement in the United States are way more closely aligned than people might think, especially on this key key topic of the economy.
Speaker 2: And you know, Steve Cortes, we practicing Roman Catholics. Often we're not real happy with Francis, and the media never allowed those criticisms to percolate to the top. He came out of an orientation out of Argentina that was certainly socialistic. There was military pressures in Argentina, and Francis, God bless his soul, was not as good on doctrine not as good on some of the current issues as we would like him to be, and so the media played up quite a bit the comments he had a jd Vance two or three months ago Cardinal at that point not quite the Pope fourteenth said that, but you don't rank love for various kinds of individuals. That's in relationship to illegal immigration and what jade Vance has said. You don't like someone knock on your door, open the door and come in into your home without knowing who they are, what's their purpose in being there? Are they going to cause danger? And did the media overplay? And I also watched some of the some of the evening talk shows talk about jd Vance killed the Pope not being Francis, which is ridiculous. But nonetheless, address yourself to the criticisms the Pope gave the JD Vance, who's going to of course practicing a Roman Catholic. He went through the process of my home parish at Saint Gertrude's and Cincinnati. He converted in twenty nineteen. JD Vance did, And of course I know him personally. I love that guy. But what about the criticisms of the Pope about JD Evans.
Speaker 10: Well, let me just first say so, I spent a lot of twenty twenty two in your state working for JD. Vance his Senate race, and really got to know the state well, the wonderful people and him, and I can certainly tell you far away from cameras and microphones, he's the most principal man that I have met in politics, and a big part of that is his commitment to his Catholicism. He really takes it seriously with the zeal of a convert, and it's one of the reasons that I so admire him.
Speaker 1: Now politically, did he and Francis have differences? Of course?
Speaker 10: I also think it's a It's a real gift regarding him seeing Francis. Wasn't that wonderful that he was probably one of the last people to see him alive. What a gift to America, right that our vice president got to go there. So that's the way I see it, not that not convoluted rumors and so forth. But regarding this the new pot Poblio, Listen, Yes, he was critical, publicly critical in some tweets, which I bet he regress setting now, who knows about JD.
Speaker 1: Vance?
Speaker 10: But you know, I want to focus on this again, the prudential judgment on tactics that belongs in the secular realm of elected politicians here in the United States. What kind of principles they bring to that, to that agenda, and to that that that job, right, that incredible job of leadership. Those principles, though, absolutely should flow from your faith, from your worldview, and your worldview is formed more than anything, if you're a believer in Christianity, is for more than anything, by Jesus Christ, the Bible and the teachings of the Church. And so you bring those principles then into practice. But again the specifics of the practice is not where Pope Francis or even Pope Leo belongs.
Speaker 1: Giving advice that should be taken.
Speaker 10: Beyond that of just a person, right, a very smart person, to be sure, But he's not then teaching with the authority of the church. He gets into those kinds of tactics. So will there be disagreements, Yes, you know, I mentioned too. Climate and immigration I think are probably where the Vatican and the American First Movement are furthest apart. But on the economy, right, which is for most people the number one issue. Right, most people in the world certainly most Americans on that key, key issue.
Speaker 1: I think we're actually totally in alignment.
Speaker 10: Even if we don't use exactly the same terms, we're after the same goals. We're guided by the same principles that I'm telling you. Where im novam you know which?
Speaker 1: Again, he signed.
Speaker 10: As the reason for his name Popelo fourteenth rerem Novaaram is practically a primer for America first economics, even though it was.
Speaker 1: Written one hundred and thirty five years ago.
Speaker 2: So he understands the rising tide lifts all boats. The way to make money is available to the poor, homelessness, the way to take care of hunger. The way to handle all these issues is to have any economy that supports throws off enough money to provide for the least among us, and to have any economy that's almost collapsing. I look at the major blue cities and blue states in this country. Those economies were almost collapsing because of the politics infecting capitalism. But he sees America as a benefit. Some have said, why isn't he come here quickly? I don't think you'll be here for three to five years. He can't be perceived as being an American sadly because in Europe, which is very socialistic, that they were a little bit antagonistic at this point. A couple issues on your website, Well, one is dealing with about the attacks on Catholic churches and pregnancy centers and pro life groups that would never be agreeable if it happened on the other side. And what's happening to the attack on pregnancy life centers and pro life groups that will change under Donald Trump?
Speaker 5: And Jade Vance.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I'll tell you one thing, Federal law enforcement has taken it incredibly seriously, and we're already seeing that just a few months into this administration, so that's for certain that will happen. But no, this is tragic, and I really commend Catholic Vote, who's been tracking this for quite a while, basically since the riots of the summer of twenty twenty, which is when this unfortunate trend accelerated with attacks on Christian sites, whether it's Catholic churches, pro life pregnancy centers, other Christian churches. They've been documenting the attacks on Catholic institutions and sadly we've reached five hundred five hundred attacks and some of these are very serious, right, some are still serious but less so graffiti that sort of things. But some of them, you know, are actual break ins, much more violent at times, hurt actual people much as property. So it's a really, really unfortunate trend and gets almost zero attention to the corporate media. Thank you for bringing it up, and thankfully Catholic Vote is tracking all of these. You can go to the website and see every instant it is cited.
Speaker 1: None of this is hyperbole.
Speaker 10: We are we are tracking this and we hit a sad milestone, which you know, we kind of knew we were going to get to that roughly around the time of the new Pope. And but regarding law enforcement here in the United States, listen, I believe that people like Cash Hotel and Dan Bongino now at FBI, Pam Bondi at DOJ, overseeing the entire federal legal apparatus, they take this.
Speaker 1: Extremely seriously and specifically for Kathins. I would say the.
Speaker 10: Trump administration in the first term, and even more so I think in this term has a lot of Catholics in really prevalent positions. And so that doesn't mean that we're gonna get special treatment, but I will tell you this Catholic concerns will not be dismissed. Right and Captain's Church is getting attack. Is it's something that Donald Trump cares about. He's somebody who is not counting himself but loves the church. Came to the Al Cimith dinner for example, when Comma there skipped it, which I think was one of the worst political mistakes of her of her campaign. So this stuff, you know, he's very close with Cardinal Dolan. This stuff matters to him.
Speaker 1: And matters his administration.
Speaker 10: And of course we don't want lawlessness against any institution, particularly religious ones. I wouldn't care if they were hint to him. Of course we should all decry it and work to stop it. But it's it's clear that there's a targeting here of Christianity, and and really within Christianity, of Catholicism in particular.
Speaker 2: Steve Cortes, Catholic Vote dot Org, et cetera. As far as the prognostications, I want to over again who was going to be the new pope, And of course it was Leo the fourteenth Privos. So it wasn't perceived to be as in the front of pact because he was an American and now here he's the least American cardinal. In other words, he's the least he's the most acceptable American cardinal because the fact he's an American as a negative explain that dynamic around the world. How not to be an American as a positive?
Speaker 10: Right, Well, first of all, I don't believe that that he's not American. Again, you're pretty American. I think if you're a white Sox sand who goes to the World Series in the South Side in two thousand and five, I mean that tells me just culturally, if you eat pizza Aurelios, as I said, which is a legendary South Side Chicago pizza place, I mean that.
Speaker 1: Tells me you're pretty dang American.
Speaker 10: Even though he has spent three decades mostly in South America, right as a missionary, that's something that should be commended.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean you lose your americanness or your heritage.
Speaker 10: And where he grew up in Dalton, Illinois, when he was a boy there again, I know there is super well from there, myself was really kind of almost just an idyllic, middle class suburban life.
Speaker 1: It's unfortunately changed for the worst since then.
Speaker 10: But at that time when he was young, it was heavenly Catholic, very ethnic, and just kind of one of these wonderful middle class neighborhoods with picket fences and you know, where a family could thrive on a single income.
Speaker 1: That's his childhood. So I think he's thoroughly American.
Speaker 10: But to answer your question regarding yes, is there anti Americanism particularly among elite Europeans. Absolutely, and even within the church, yes, there is absolutely. I think also the Italian cardinals quite frankly, and they're the biggest voting block.
Speaker 1: Of course, they now haven't had.
Speaker 10: An Italian pope in a while, right since the nineteen seventies, and I think some of them were saying, isn't it maybe time.
Speaker 1: For an Italian again?
Speaker 10: After I guess it was about four hundred and fifty years prior to John Paul the Second then you know, no Italian since, so it was there some anti Americans, and probably that's you know, look, they are human beings, you though, we hope they're got about the Holy Spirit and believe they are. But in the end, yeah, I think that the fact that he's an American is probably a plus. And just to be very practical, about this, and I don't think this is crafts to point out, most of the Vatican budget comes from American donors.
Speaker 1: We are way more generous than European Catholics.
Speaker 10: A lot of the rest of the Catholic world frankly doesn't have a lot of money to give, so it really is financed by American donors.
Speaker 1: So I think that probably was at least part of the year in choosing him.
Speaker 10: But in addition to being an American, of course he's got the Latin American experience, understands the Third World. And then by the way it transferred to headquarters and working as the head of bishops in the Vatican, where I'm sure a lot of the Italians didn't get.
Speaker 1: To know him and respect him. And you know, it didn't take very long. So that tells me it wasn't too much.
Speaker 10: Of a fight, right because this happened on day two, so it seems like pretty quickly people call us behind him.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course we're not supposed to know all of the details. You read leaks, you don't know if they're valid or not. But I think what we can reasonably determine is this wasn't.
Speaker 10: A knockdown drag out fight because they got to a decision pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Well with the last few popes have been from Poland and Germany and Argentina now Peru. I think Leo's got a twenty five year run, which are well over a half a century, quite unusual. Lastly, on the immigration issue, which is extremely popular. What Trump is doing, despite the predilections of the mainstream media is extremely popular.
Speaker 5: Is that going to be the main rub?
Speaker 2: Because Catholic teaching is welcome the stranger, open up the borders. Of course, the Vatican itself have walls that are like twelve feet thick. That's a different issue. But nonetheless, is that going to be the major rub?
Speaker 10: You know, My guess is yes, I think he's again. I think they're actually super aligned. On the economy, I'm hoping that a lot moreople Devatican are waking up to the climate scam, to the climate hysteria.
Speaker 1: So I don't see those as flash points. To me, it probably will be migration.
Speaker 10: And look, I think actually that that being tough on borders, insisting on law and order is actually very consistent with Catholic doctrine. But there are some folks even in the hierarchy who clearly would not agree with me on that point. So we may have to agree to disagree on those points. But you know, like I, for example, I just posted today on my social media and interview I did at forty minutes of a cop, former Phoenix cop, talking about the cartels, the Mexican cartels activities in Arizona in the United States, how violent they are, how vicious they are inside of the United States.
Speaker 1: That's because of an open border. And there's nothing merciful about that.
Speaker 10: There's nothing merciful about allowing criminal organizations to own a border region and to then infiltrate into our country.
Speaker 1: And so I would challenge any any churchman. I would I would challenge any.
Speaker 10: You know, pro open borders or propoor as borders Catholic explain to me how that is just and moral in Christian I don't think it is at all. I think law and order actually and protecting the weak and protecting your country. You know, we lock our doors at night at our homes, not because we hate those on the outside, but because we love those on the inside. And I think the saying goes for your home as for our country. And we have every rights. I believe every obligation, as a matter of fact, to effectively lock our doors to protect ourselves from preventable dangers. And I think not only is that's just practical imprudence, but I think it's actually totally consistent with Christianity and Catholicism.
Speaker 2: In my view, that capitalism is the cure for climate difficulties, not the cause. And right now we have the cleanest the other the cleanest water, and let's keep doing it. Once again, Steve Cortes, good to help up with you again Catholic vote dot org. All the issues are there, including what's happening with transitioning gender transition, which has completely been debunked by every independent study. But however, the media won't let go of the fact that boys can be girls and girls can be boys.
Speaker 5: I thought science was real. I thought biology she was a fact. Maybe it isn't.
Speaker 2: But I got to run Steve Cortes once again, Kathic vote dot org.
Speaker 5: Is that correct, Yes, sir, Thank you so much for having a lot of good stuff there, Steve, Thank you so much. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's continue, Let's continue with more and if a line becomes available, you know the routine. But uh, for the last couple of three years, I've lost track of Stephen Cortez and I'm glad I hooked up with him again. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham and UH with you every day on news Radio seven hundred w ALDO.
Speaker 8: Today's question comes from Lauren in del Hyde. Is it true that Bill Seg Dennison writes all of your material and is secretly the reason that your career has been so successful?
Speaker 5: The secret is out.
Speaker 15: He doesn't write all my material, but he writes every single bit of Bill Cunningham's material, and he is the reason why Cunningham is.
Speaker 5: A star, not me.
Speaker 7: Howard Lauren know that?
Speaker 15: She doesn't know it because she thinks he's been the power behind whatever success I've had, and she is missing form because he's been the power behind Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 8: Would there be a chance that he could be the power behind two people?
Speaker 15: No, he could be two people, but I'm not one of them. Actually there are two. It's Bill Cunningham and p Doc. Goh, what's p doc that? Thank you very much? That's that's the nickname for Paul Doherty. And I'd be embarrassed. I would be embarrassed if I were Paul Doherty to allow that radio station to refer to him in promos as p DOC.
Speaker 8: That's kind of like puff daddy or thank you or thank you whatever he wants to call himself.
Speaker 15: Now it's the weakest nickname I've ever heard.
Speaker 8: So Seg doesn't write yours, but he does, right, he writes.
Speaker 15: P doc and for Bill Cunning, the greatest American.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a fraud byets. I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I told Davey you get rid of that. If someone has found that in the archives, probably Matt Reese. These things never go away, thank god. Segment.
Speaker 2: Once a year, we sit here, the three members of the Triumphrate and the rock No one's come close yet, that's true, no one. And we would think Rocky. By the way, how much stuff do you write for Rocky?
Speaker 5: And nothing? How about p doc? You're not here anymore? How about me? Don't say it, can't don't say it all of it? Don't say it, can't say all right, rock are you prepared? I'm prepared? Are yearly tradition? Will he? No one's it for we did this after training camp. Well you picked seventeen and know every year Sega. Now it's stupid book. It not even close okay.
Speaker 2: Alright, Rock First game, Bengals at Cleveland Sunday, one pm on Fox.
Speaker 5: Who wins the game?
Speaker 16: Cleveland doesn't have a quarterback. Actually they have five quarterbacks. One they don't have a quarterback. I'm calling that's a Bengals win. All right, I'm gonna put down Bengals. I'm picking. I'm picking Cleveland in that game. I'm sorry, Bengals.
Speaker 5: Always start already. I did write that, now, who you say? You're right everything I do, But you just did. Who did you tell about this? I can't say? Who do you like? Bengals? That's a stupid question.
Speaker 2: Number two September fourteenth, there's that number again.
Speaker 5: There's that number.
Speaker 2: Jacksonville Jaggs at home one o'clock CBS Rock.
Speaker 16: Let me ask you and Willie a question. Who is the Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer? No, I'm sorry, it's somebody named Liam Cohen. Nobody knows who that is. So therefore, the Bengals are gonna win that game.
Speaker 5: They start off to and zero Bengals seg I assume check Mark Bengo. Who day, I'm taking the Bengals on that game. But all right, there you go. I wrote that down for you now.
Speaker 2: Week number three in the Dome, Boy, I'm not sure what the dome is and.
Speaker 5: What is it the Minnesota nit the what is it rock up there? The Dome? Don't know where Sadie Spins is in Atlanta. They changed that they and that it's got some of them. Who do you like? Bengals Minnesota?
Speaker 16: This is the start of a five game stretch where the Bengals will play five playoff teams in a row from last year, starting with at Minnesota. I like Minnesota this year. I think they win that division. The Bengals lose on the way. It's US Bank or US Bank Stadium segment. I assume you take the Bengals. Am I right, Bengo, You're easy, but that's a tough one. I could call it a tie in overtime. Did last year?
Speaker 5: I predicted three ties? Three ties? You were real close there too.
Speaker 2: I'm taking indoors the Bengals at Minnesota. About that indoors A Week number four is at Denver. It's not mile High anymore, whatever the hell it's called. Monday, September twenty ninth, at eight to fifteen pm, ABC, Oh night, gonna be snowing.
Speaker 5: September it'll be snowing, yeah, power and power field at Mile High and what the hell that is?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 4: Rock?
Speaker 5: Who do you like there? At Denver?
Speaker 16: Last year Denver led the league in sacks. They have a great defensive line. They got a really good team. They could win that division. But but I'm picking the Bengals to win that one segment.
Speaker 5: One of the teams in orange is gonna win. I'm taking Minnesota in that game. A lot of what you know, you're taking Denver? You fool taking them too. I'm taking Denver. There's a lot of orange in that team. How are they going to figure that out?
Speaker 9: Rock? Well?
Speaker 5: I mean, are wearing orange? Be running around looking coach? They gotta they got it all in. Denver goes nuts in these games, all right, we'll be looking like Highway. But the next game is at green They're playing Green Bay at the right time. In October.
Speaker 2: You forgot Detroit. You forgot Detroit, Detroit. Who do you like Detroit at home against Detroit? I like Detroit. That's a loss, Bengals loss.
Speaker 5: I'm taking the Bengals in that game. So you've picked the opposite of me every single one. I'm gonna bet you like the jaguarsy good do you like in that game? Why you know? I'm taking the Bengals in that game?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Now next game is at green Bay. Good time to play them, and won't be in December. October. Trough could be four inches and not ten inches, thank you, so sunny October. The trough that green Bay for twenty five good weather.
Speaker 16: Offense goes wild, but green Bay wins that game.
Speaker 5: What all right? Bengals lose uh two of those three and then I'm taking the Bengals in that game. He taking the Bengals. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Now we got a big one here. Prime Video, whatever the hell that is, I'll never be able to see the game. It's Thursday night. Come over to Rocks.
Speaker 16: I will help you. I will help you. I will come over. Yeah, just like I did with the wreath on Prime. Oh, I believe me. They're just a dirt pad to my front door. I just got two daily stops I know, says how many.
Speaker 5: Buzzes that have I gotten together? They gotta they got it. They got an Amazon distribution site. But behind his house.
Speaker 2: I had three stops today so far. My alarms go off here they got no, I'm serious, that are three.
Speaker 5: Uh so this is a stuff ordered for you or not. I can't say.
Speaker 2: I can't say, Okay, I've got a Prime video Amazon. Believe me, I support the stock.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: I don't spend two thousand a month on Prime Video. Something's wrong on Prime but Prime Video I'll get you over. You get the game on TV. Penny doesn't watch football, doesn't watch basketball, doesn't watch baseball. The older stuff, Hey, get the Christie is her favorite, those romance novels. You known't go smutty romance, not really that That's what you don't know. My wife, she goes. She praised the rosary every night. You talk about a rally killer. I was married to you.
Speaker 5: I do that too. That's a rally killer.
Speaker 16: Right now you look up the stairs and then she's there praying the rose with.
Speaker 5: The crucifix over the road fourteenth. It's not that. She said, not that time of the year. And I said, never mind, who do we got Bengals win that game a short week? They yeah, Steer, so you got the Bengals, seg whoday.
Speaker 2: You know I'm taking Pittsburgh in that game. I'm taking Pittsburgh, taking Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: Alright, how about uh? Sunday, October the twenty sixth, Jets at home. Justin Field is the Jets quarterback. He's not very good. They're not very good. Bengals win. I'm taking the Bengals in that game. Wow, I'm taking the Bengals in that game because the Jets stink. I assume Aaron Rodgers is done. D you in and Sasco come back? Sauce sauce Gardener.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers could come the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: I think that's good. He can't move. I think he's too old. He's in his forties. That's getting pretty old. It's also kind of a cancer at this point.
Speaker 7: Is he not?
Speaker 5: Is he's in New Mexico, some sort of tribal in his own field. He's sitting in some room in the dark. We got to hurry up a little bit here.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I got Johnson and then we got Chicago the Bears November second.
Speaker 5: Who do you like?
Speaker 16: I think the Bears will be one of the surprise teams this year. The Bengals lose that game before the bye week, I'm taking the Bengals in that game. I'm taking the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Bengals go after Caleb Williams because he wanted to mess up the NFL draft according to a book, Yeah you want it out, Yeah, he want it out, wanted to go to the United Football League. So that guy's a clown. Well, I'm sure he's I'm sure he's well liked now in Chicago. How about New England at home? I would think all of us you skipped another one at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 16: They come off to buy, they go out of Pittsburgh, beat the Steelers twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Bengals win.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Pittsburgh in that game, and you're taking the Bengals.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Now we have finally we have I'm not sure where the hell am, but we got New England, New England, New England. Everyone agrees, Right, George Jordan, what's your name? Will be on the sidelines.
Speaker 5: I think for that game, she's gonna start dating. They're gonna start Yeah, head coach maybe Robert Kraft.
Speaker 16: Yeah, he's a little young for her that she might give him a massage at some point, a craft guy. Bengles lose that game. Bengals lose that New England, most improved New England. Yes, I'm taking the Bengals. All right, now we got that's a tough one here at Baltimore. Nice, Well, this is a two week deal right now. They got to Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Who do you like in that one? Bengals lose that game? Bengals.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Bengals win on Turkey Night. I'm taking the Bengals to win that game. You have an upset and uh, you're taking the Bengals. Seg and then Buffalo, you got.
Speaker 16: He's taking Bengals. Always played good in Buffalo. I'm taking the I'm taking the Bengals in that game. I'm taking the Bengals too in that game. Seg me too, of course.
Speaker 5: Then you got how.
Speaker 2: About Baltimore at Buffalo than Baltimore. You've got Baltimore.
Speaker 16: Now, it's a tough that's a tough stretch there. Who do you like to lose that game? Bengals lose. Ravens are good.
Speaker 5: You take Ravens. If you didn't know that, I'm taking the Bengals in that game, I don't like me too.
Speaker 16: All you haven't win in four straight coming out of the teeth day schedule, back on four straight.
Speaker 5: Now you have at Miami.
Speaker 2: That's a good time to go to Miami in December, just before, just before.
Speaker 5: Christal's son and fun capital.
Speaker 8: Of the world.
Speaker 5: Think that's how Bengals wine? Can I say Christmas on the radio? Can I do that? Yeah? All right? Now we got you got two games left, which is two b Arizona, Arizona and Cleveland.
Speaker 16: Arizona's good, They're a good team, good defense.
Speaker 5: But the Bengals win that game. Segment, I'm going Bengals. I'm taking Arizona to Bengals Murray, right, yeah, and then I'm I'm gonna take Cleveland to beat the Bengals here, how about that?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: I got them with a win, all right?
Speaker 2: So the total schedule, SEGEG has them seventeen and oh.
Speaker 16: I got them at ten and seven with a wild card, berth. I got them in seven and ten. We went backwards a few times, so you got ten and seven, seventeen and oh, seven and ten. Hot fuds, Sunny on the line. Whoever's closest wins?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: Wait, you you have them, mital you have them. You have eleven wins for him, You have eleven and six.
Speaker 7: I've just counted them up.
Speaker 5: Let me write that down. Then I'm gonna Who's the who's the account at this place?
Speaker 2: I'm getting Wait a minute, now, I'm getting a call here from Uganda. They said it could be spam you anybody Uganda?
Speaker 5: Who was the guy that ran that country?
Speaker 1: Ago?
Speaker 5: Is argumentative assuming in fact not an evidence, leading and suggest and utterly incompetent, irrelevant in the material. Okay, well it was. The guy's name was Iman Ed. I mean my buddy, all right, sag you have a minute on a get me into this two shir report. But we got so I'm eleven and six, sega seventeen and oh you're ten and seven? Is that correct?
Speaker 7: Seven?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: Funds Sunday on the line.
Speaker 16: Boom, let's go, let's go. In fact, I think we have a bet on this time. I do you think the Bengals are gonna win eleven games?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Segment leads. The Stood Reporter is the proud service of your local tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel on the east side called Clement's Heating air at nine three seven four four four forty four oh one. What Red's uh moved up there for? And we moved up the game time tonight due to the weather. Right at five ten, four ten, lright, Nol Carriers inside Pitch Kelsey Chevrolet Extrading Show after the game the game.
Speaker 2: O gone and wants to know if this charge on Amazon is mine. I don't even Yes, I don't even deal with Amazon.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what Tony, your wife ordered something from Uganda? I doubt it. Segment give me rock, what's on the big show that this afternoon? Eddie's out, He is on a cruise or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 16: But Jason Williams is in. We got a quick show. We go to three fifty because of the moved up Reds game. But I'm with Jason Williams and we have the one, the only richer Skinner.
Speaker 2: And don't forget for those suffering Reds fans and Guardian fans the games have moved up for an hour and a half. Segment Thank you, yes, sir, give me out of the stud's report.
Speaker 5: Will do everybody have a good weekend and a safe one. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 1: See the Highway Patrol election again next week.
Speaker 10: Until then, remember leave your brother at the Red Cross not on the highway.
Speaker 6: This is Brodrick Cruffe's saying, see you next week.
Speaker 2: This will be pulled out by the way at the end of the Bengals season.
Speaker 5: Right here here, it is, right on seven hundred WLW