Speaker 1: Your Decision twenty twenty four station.
Speaker 2: This really was a kupa the Democrats.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the talk station at six. Here at fifty five KRC, the talk station. Brian Thomas swishing a happy Thursday slash Friday Eve and welcoming to the fifty five KRC morning show. Candidate for Hamilton County Court of Appeals Stacy left In. Stacey. It's a real pleasure to have you on the morning show today.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. It's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 1: And I'll be on the radio. Oh it's my pleasure. It'll be all. You can find her online lefton l e ft O N four Judge and it's f o R not the number four. Leftonf judge dot com. Go over to Facebook and just type in Stacey lefton for judge. You'll find her Facebook page. Stacy. I know I can't ask you for advisory opinions, so I know that's what everybody wants from a judicial candidate. But congratulations on the endorsement from the Hamilton Kunta Republican Party. We just need to get the Hamilton kind of Republican Party to update their judicial page to include your name because it's not there yet.
Speaker 2: That's there. You go.
Speaker 1: See, I'm doing that for you because I just went there because I want to refer my listeners. The judicial races are so dang important, and you know, as well as so many people. If you're not involved in the judicial system, if you're not practicing law, if you're not actively in front of judges because of that, you know, criminal activity or civil activity, you know, the judicial races tend to be a bit of a mystery for listeners. Tell them what they need to keep in mind when they're considering judicial candidates. Stacy Well, I will tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm a prosecutor. I work at the Hampton Prosecutor's Office and I've been working there almost twenty years, and I do I'm in the selling division doing criminal cases, and I always have victims we come into court, they're not getting the sentences they want. You know, someone one of their loved ones has been killed or hurt or themselves. And we go to trial or there's a plea of some sort and the judge goes ahead and sentence them. And they sentence them either you know, like they they get probation when they shouldn't get probation, or like a really light sentence. And I always say to them, look, I don't know how you vote. I don't really care, it's none of my business. But when you go into the voting booth, you need to vote like you're a victim. You need to vote for judges that care about the community, care about victims, and are going to do the right thing. And the reason why I personally decided to run is last year in October, I started this six week long jury trial involving these people named John and Kate Snyder, and they were from Springfield Township. They had adopted a total of six children from China, and the first child they adopted had died of natural causes. And then they went back and got two more, and then an additional time I got three more. The last three they got were three boys. All of those kids they mistreated, malnourished, and one of them they killed. So we were on a long trial. It was terrible, terrible, heartbreaking, and you know, it was six weeks long. We got a late verdict on a Friday night, and me and my other prosecutors that worked with me, we went back to our office and we zoomed in because two of the children that were lucky enough to survive the torture that they received at the hands of these people. Testified in our trial, and they were terrified. You know, they were in these orphanages in China and they come here to our country, which is supposed to be a lot better, and they were much unter off in the orphanage, is to be quite honest with you, than they were in the home of these people.
Speaker 1: Oh. You know, that seems like a total, a total failure in the system that the Child Protective Services or whoever placed these children in the hands of these criminals. Obviously that fell through the cracks. I mean, I guess I'm I'm sort of inside looking from struggling for answers about how this terrible situation could either ever have come about.
Speaker 2: Well, actually they just went to adopt them from China. There was that didn't get involved until after this happened, when the child when they killed the one child, Children's possible, like Children's possible, they got involved with the children another custody, and honestly, JFS in this particular instance did a great job in helping these kids get through a good home. Okay, but so we went back, we told these kids, you're safe. Now you're never going to have to be with these people. They won't be able to hurt you anymore because they used to do things like if they all had like medical issues, so they didn't do things like how just a child that didn't have any problems would handle things, and so sometimes they would soil themselves and they would like rub pieces on them and stuff like that was just terrible. So to be able to tell these children, hey, you're safe. Now you're never gonna have to worry was like such a big reward for all of us. We were like, finally, you know, you did something great. But then we start thinking and we're like, okay, now this case has to get the Court of Appeals. And in the past year, prior to this case going to trial, there was a case some of my coworkers took to trial and judges from our Court of Appeals reverse not because something was done wrong and not because you know, in evidence that was introduced that shouldn't be introduced. They just decided that the twelve people that were sitting in the jury box made the wrong decision. And that's not how our system was, you know, constructed. We are constructed with the story system that we can get twelve citizens, twelve peers of the community of the defendant to come and sit in and listen to their case and make a decision. That's how our system is run. And it's a great system. And we have all these like activist judges all of a sudden that want to go against the system or want to change the system, and there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and in so doing they kick one of the primary legs out from under the judicial system, the purpose of it, which is deterrence. I mean, of course, the families of the victims want to see, you know, that there's a they get some satisfaction over a punishment. But in the final analysis, the word needs to get out among the general public that if you commit these horrific acts, you will be spending a lot of time in jail, which is a terrible place to be. It's a deterrence effect. And they liberals have kicked that leg right from out from under the justice system, and word has gotten out that no, you won't be held accountable. Even if they do, they're just going to slap your wrist. So go ahead and knock yourself out.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, I mean routinely we have cases where people like pick up charges in there let out and additional charges are brought, like are picked up like about a year and a half ago. I had a from maybe just two years ago, I had a burglary case and I hadn't I was the room prosecutor. So the way our system is, you may not have that case from the beginning, and then you rotate into the room and you pick it up because you're the new prosecutor in the room. So this ban had like three or four burglaries and then he picked up another one, and I was like, how could this be? Like how how could you pick up another burglaries? And he locked up and the UH arresting auficor was like, well, the judge let him out, so that's why. And so then I go back and I say to the judge, I'm like, why would you let this person out? They already have like three burglaries pending, and you let him out so they could pick up a four. And his response to me was like, well, he had the GPS on, so at least we know he was there. Well that's not comforting. There's like an extra victim. Yeah, that was a response. Oh my god, that's one extra victim I wouldn't have had if you would have just detained him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, charges interject my personal thoughts on the matter. But last time I checked, and you're a judge. You know we have the Castle doctor and in the state of Ohio, don't we Stacy left him. Yeah, yeah, yes, so maybe.
Speaker 2: The I'm not a judge yet, No, no, I apologize.
Speaker 1: I was just getting ready to correct myself. But as a prosecute, you do know the law, you know, and maybe number five break and that's when a homeowner will shoot the person, right, a deterrence effect when word gets out that a lot of people are armed in the home and if you break into a home, you're gonna get shot, and they're going to be justified and getting shot. Maybe people will go at breaking into homes. But in the meantime we have to deal with these leftist judges who do not understand the purpose of the judicial system. And of course you illustrate the importance of having that mindset and that tough on crime attitude on the Appella bench, because obviously leftist justice are judges. I don't understand how you can overturn twelve people's conclusion of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. As a prosecutor, that is a hell of a high bar to meet.
Speaker 2: It is it's very hard, and we even, you know, because the change in our community here, we do have a hard time sometimes getting good verdicts. So when you do get one and then it goes they go up to the Court of Appeals and they reverse it just because they decided twelve people didn't make the right decision. And I will point out that the Court of Appeals, those judges, they didn't get to hear the witnesses, right, They didn't get to see the evidence. They didn't get like in this particular instance, they did a jury view, so they didn't get to go to the view of the scene and see what the jury saw. They didn't get to see them testify live and in person. It's like a one dimensional transcript that they have, which doesn't always like you know, you don't get everything from a one dimensional transcript as you do from people's body language and their tone and those kind of things that the twelve people that made the decision had to make their decision exactly. So it's super, super frustrating as a prosecutor and as a member of this community. You see what's going on, and I, like, I would always tell my victims, like, you need to vote like you're a victim. Don't vote like you know you're going to get locked up. Vote like you're a victim. And you know you keep saying this to people and unless you're willing to like go out there and fight and put your name out there and take a chance and try and help change things, which I really have a right to tell other people what to do. That's why I decided to run.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you to end speaking with Stacy lefton find our aligne at lefton for Judge dot com or on Facebook with Stacy lefton for Judge, you can find it where she is on the issues. And I failed to mention. I obviously immediately gravitated towards the Hamlin kind of Republican Party's endorsement of you because it's important, but also because they need to update their page to include you so we all know who the right judges are to vote for. But you've got the endorsement League, Cincinnati Fraternal Order Police, Ken Kober and Queen City Lodge sixty nine.
Speaker 2: That was very important to me. I am very active in the community. I am and with law enforcement. I am my Mayor's Court prosecutor in my neighborhood and I work closely with the police. I live in Amberley Village. Several times we've had police levies and I've been very active in promoting our police in our neighborhood. And I know how important they are, and I know what a great police force we have here in Amberley Village, and you know, everyone deserves to have that. And I know the City of Cincinnati police are awesome to and I always feel like I work as a team with them on my cases, and I felt like for me, it was important for me to have my team back me. And knowing that the FOP, who I consider part of my team, backing me is very important and I am honored to have their endorsement.
Speaker 1: Well, let's face it, they're doing the laboring or of evidence gathering, and you know they hope to bring people to justice. They're the ones that out there that the witnessed the crime or otherwise have to clean up the mess following a crime. So it's important that you work with them as a prosecutor. And I'm glad to hear that you have such a great relationship, and of course that relationship will continue when my listeners and the rest of the citizens of Hamilton County vote you onto the First District Court of Appeals. Stacy, it has been a pleasure having on the program. Stacy Lufton. Get in touch with the campaign, help her out, put a sign in the front yard, tell your friends, and if you want the full list Hamilton Kinderrepublican Party dot org, it will be updated to includer. But all the rest of the great judges are there, including Judge Winkler, Alan dink Locker, Melville marsh who I love, she's so sweet, Megan Shanahan, and Robert Gerring. Right there, domestic relations you got Ted Winkler. You have Amy Searcy and Betsy Sunderman and Probate Division Ted Winkler, and a bunch of municipal court judges as well. So I'll add that link or I have Joe add that link to fifty five carsity dot com. Stacey left it and it's been a real pleasure having you on the program. I'm sure we'll get to talk between now and the election, and I'll encourage my listeners to check out your information and get to vote. Your directions so we're tough on crime. Thank you so much, my pleasure, Stacy, and the best of luck with your campaign. I'm sure you use more folks like you around eight eighteen fifty five KR City Talk Station. And I love when you save money and get superior quality work, and that's what you're going to get. I would never recommend a company that would not provide you with quality work, goods or services, and Foreign Exchange is one of those great companies that I am privileged to recommend to you. I've been going there for years and years and probably have saved thousands of dollars compared to what I would have paid at the dealership. I could go into four figure categories simply based on what I have saved on my oil changes. Crazy Germans charge you a heapload of money at the dealership four hundred plus dollars for an oil change for my car. I get it done for about two hundred dollars at Foreign Exchange. Obviously, my savings are substantial, and I know it probably shouldn't even two hunred dollars, but this is the way it works. You know, German cars, You've got German parts and German filters. And it's the same oil. But all things are equal. I just don't pay nearly as much. That's because I don't go to the dealer for that. My car's a under warranty. When you're out of warranty, it's going to be the same thing. Foreign Exchange will fix it for less. You get a full warranty on parts and service. An ASE certified Master technician will be working on your car and they do have data access to your specific manufacturers technical information regardless of whether your car comes from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer, from the exotic to the run of the mill, it's all taken care of at Foreign Exchange. Westchester location is what I'm recommending. That's where Austin and his crew can be found Tylersville Exit Office, seventy five East, two Short Streets, hanging right on Kinglin And you are there. You're there online at Foreign axform THELETTERAX dot com the number tell them, Brian said, high please five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four six twenty six fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Get ready to win your way to our two