Speaker 1: Quick Win evan Quin.
Speaker 2: I'll show you're going rub ahead, except with sim Wee pursuing it. Donld out Shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 2: Now we're chilling at the Eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three a clock on the doc. Got a habit on my house, a goat status. Howard's starting to get cratic. Shows that up multiply like a rabbit tuned in. So out, prink it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 4: I'm on hang out with.
Speaker 3: Rocking on the radiot Christine, all of the lady.
Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, hello to welcome everybody, Happy Monday. It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Glad to have you in the mix. Thanks for making us a part of your routine. Goodness. We've got some serious MAVs content to discuss and we'll do that throughout the presentation. Bombshell article dropped by Tim McMahon. Tim Cato has an article, Mark Stein has an article, and then Nico has a press conference. Lots lots is that your is that your computer going? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: What's happening with this noise floor right now? Are you getting my computer down? Ready to go? We're good now getting ready to kick over an amp. Do you need me to ground your computer? We're fine, okay, Okay, So look, mav season ended, or actually the eve before the mav season ended, A bizarre press conference happens where Nico and Rick Welts have a closed door, secret not secret meeting that you can't film. Then the season ends, right Friday night, did you guys watch the game? I actually went to a concert and had an awesome time. Didn't think about the game. What did you go to soul Coughing on Friday night? Ben? No? I did not. I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't know a single person on earth that knows of that band, and that place was packed.
Speaker 1: They sing that song I'm loving it. Yeah, yeah, they do the McDonalds donald so I don't know the lyrics. So yeah, when all that happens, like the Despair, it just hit rock bottom, It's like, Okay, well it's over. But it's really a good thing that it's over. It was obviously a painful season, just the biggest self induced free fall I've ever seen from a sports organization that I rooted for. And I'm prone to harp hyperbole. Maybe there's some something else, but I mean, they were in the finals, they had a twenty five year old global icon leading the way. Then they're in the play in tournament and everybody's hurt and it's it's over, and it's just like it's just been so bad. But it was like, okay, and now we wait for Monday morning. It was just the idea that this McMahon article is going to drop. Certainly seem that McMahon was out talking about a divide between Novitzky and the Mavericks as well, and so we're all going, wait a second, you traded Luca and you lost Dirk, Like, how have you lost Luca and Dirk? Those are our MAVs whoobies? How has that happened? And so the article drops today from McMahon again. Cato wrote a piece, Mark Stein wrote a piece, and then Nico holds a press conference today. So how are you feeling in the aftermath of this rush of MAVs news? Skin, I probably feel about like I mean, this sounds weird to say. I probably feel about like the players. Dude, did you guys see any of the players comments from Friday night and Saturday day? They seemed exhausted. Yeah, I mean they all pretty much acknowledged we've been carrying a heavy burden. And it's like I thought they all said the right things. Gafford was probably the most descriptive of Man, it's just hard when he I think even said, no one came at us directly, but we could feel it like they knew. I mean they It's funny, man, It's like it's just energy. Humans feel energy, and when all the energy is negative, a human's gonna feel it, whether you say something directly to him or not. Yeah, and so it's just the back half basically since February. Yeah, February second, that was that day that the trade went down and they played Cleveland. Uh, there has been nothing but negative energy surrounding this team, and even when something good would happen, it would be immediately followed by an avalanche of negative energy. Right like the Houston game. They we couldn't even make it through an entire game. Yeah, and so you know, I think all those players are they're happy that it's over. None of them want their season to end by getting your ass kicked on national TV. But also, man, they are ready to decompress and move away and try to come back next year healthy. Yeah, that's the key. And God, you look at it. I just if it appears that Nico is going to stick around. I mean, there he is doing the early press conference, doing this press conference. It appears that they're going to stay the course and see that through and and see if this team that he put together is what he hopes it will be. So I don't anticipate a change there. Let me say something about that. I don't know if you guys got to hear his pressure today, and it's like, I don't think that he would go out there and go I don't know, guys, it seems like I'm on thin ice right now, like he's not going to say that. But one of the things he pointed out is that the reason they did what they did last Tuesday and what was a private media session, it was not open to the public. Originally they said you couldn't even record it, and then at the last minute they let reporters record it, but originally weren't going to be able to do that is he said that Patrick wanted him and Rick, who are the forward moving faces of the franchise, to get out there and talk to media. That's I'm paraphrasing, That's basically what he said. And so to Ben's point there again, if Patrick Dumont is sitting there going, I can't wait to get rid of Nico, He's probably not going to have Nico go out there and say, Hey, we're going to get rid of me. But the way that Nico communicated that, from my perspective, it made it seem like to me that all of their internal dialogue is about how they are going to move forward with this current incarnation of the front office, the coaching staff, the players, etc. That's what it seemed like to me. Well, the McMahon piece was incredible, and he is the straw that stirs the drink. And it's so weird to see the perception that fans have thinking that God, I mean, this guy that asks all the toughest questions and has the hardest hitting facts from all this is also mis identified as being a plant like helping with Nico. It's so bizarre to see the way all that works. But the McMahon article really hammered home this idea that you know, Dirk's Hall of Fame ceremony, Casey Smith very involved in that. He's there, He's you know, highly respected. I guess what was his title head of Yeah, he was I don't remember the exact title, but I mean he was basically the highest ranking medical staffer on the team. After that, Nico reaches out to him after the Hall of Fame festivities, reaches out to him to say we need to meet. He says, I can. I'm with my dying mother. And you know, McMahon paints this picture of Okay, Nico fired him over a zoom call after all that that's the you know, I'm just you know, paraphrasing or whatever. And in that move, you removed a guy who Luca loved, who Dirk loved, who the whole organization loved. And it's the way the picture that McMahon is painting is that Nico viewed him as a threat and got rid of him in a corporate environment because he didn't want anybody there. He wanted everything to be very structured. He doesn't how do I deal with a guy who's a medical guy that has this much power. Whatever. But by that move, firing Casey Smith could have cost you Dirk and Luca. Yeah, I mean, it's certainly the picture that Tim is painting broadly. And the thing that was I guess I don't want to say frustrating, But I was intrigued by is that Tim is in Oklahoma City covering a playoff series. So Tim wasn't there today. Yeah, And so Tim Cato wrote a similar article, different details, but kind of focusing in on some of the similar things. And Kato's article is more along the lines of what Patrick Dumont might be thinking. In fact, why don't we talk about that? On the other side, it based on all these articles, what does Patrick Dumont think about all this? Why don't we talk about that next? Right here in four short minutes on ninety some point one The Eagle. All right, it's Sabin and Skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. Now we're talking about this big Maverick story that just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Nico Harrison had his exit interview press conference in front of the assembled media. That happened, oh about two hours ago, and it was on the heels of an explosive article that dropped today from ESPN by one Tim McMahon, who, because he's covering the NBA playoffs, wasn't there today to ask any questions about you know, Nico's response to his article. Tim Cato of d LLS and Mark Stein of DLLs both had articles that came out over the weekend talking about various aspects of this. Tim's was probably the most in depth, and it clearly had been exhaustively researched over several I mean months really when you look at it and look at the timeline involved. One of the things that Tim Cato kind of hinted at was people don't really know what Patrick Dumont thinks yet. But you guys heard the press conference today, right, Yes? Would you guys agree that it was presented like there would be nothing changing moving forward? Did you take that sense nothing changing? In fact, the team's going to be very similar, going to add a rookie in the draft. Yeah, and they think they're going to be really good next year, and if they're healthy they should be. Yeah. But you're not going to get Kyrie back to I mean, I would say January is optimistic. Also, Man, I hate to say this.
Speaker 3: I hate to say this, but you know, Anthony Davis had played so much this year and played so well early, and he was he'd been hurt so much leading in I get it, you know, And I would hear the nicknames.
Speaker 1: Everybody has the nickname, day to day, street closed, all those things. He's always out and ever since he's got here, he's been nothing but hurt, right, And it's like I have a hard time watching him, Like I don't know. He rarely makes it through a game without being hurt. And it's because I think he fought back early to play hurt, you know what I mean. He wanted to be their first team, so he's never fully healed. And that's a big part of not only Tim Cato's article, but Tim McMahons, okay because and I respect the hell out of that he was trying to help. But my confidence that he's going to stay healthy moving forward is extremely low. And you got a thirty two and thirty three year old guy. If they're healthy, yeah they're going to be good. But I don't have confidence in that right now. This is what I said when we traded for Kyrie Irving, and I have loved Kyrie Irving, but it's really easy to pull up Basketball Reference and look at how many games a guy plays that year in and year out, Like it ain't hard and to me and I follow the league pretty closely, when a guy misses a bunch of games for a myriad of reasons. To me, that's a red flag, whether you like the guy personally or not. And so that's why I was scared of Kyrie Irving. But when he got here, it was extraordinary, and I got to where I never spent any time worrying about Kyrie Irving's availability, and then the horrible thing happened. And so if I take that same outlook and I pull up Anthony Davis's basketball reference page, there's a lot of games missed. So I don't have to personally like Anthony Davis or think he's like one of the greatest two way players in all the world and always has been. To go, oh, but by the way, he misses a lot of games. That's just that's not even opinion, that's just irrefutable fact. Let's pull it up and look at it. So I think, you know, to sit here and look at this and go, man, if they're completely healthy, they're a great team. They're a team that competes for a championship. I agree with that. I think it's reasonable. I also think it's very reasonable to be skeptical that that's going to fall into place, just because of all these other uh you know, things that we can look at and tell you that it's not gonna happen. Right, And I get it. You know, this is the reason this trade happened is because they didn't like dealing with Luca. It was a lot to work with him. They were about to have spa him seventy million year. They had no control over him, and they didn't like how teams were targeting him on defense, and they chose go in another direction. The problem is, I get it, Nico loved a d loves Ad. He may be stuck in the way he feels about Ad from six years ago. Because if you traded for twenty six year old Ad, it's a better deal. Or if you I mean, it's almost like he dealt with the Lakers from a point of weakness. I have to trade Luca because Luca's tainted goods. All right. Well, if I'm gonna take Luke off your hands, I can't pay full price for because you're not you're telling me, you're telling me you're not trading me full power Luca. Right, he's a problem for you have to get rid of. Okay, Well, then I can't pay full price. I mean, all that None of that matters, because all that matters is that the GM wanted a d and he went and got his guy. He went and got his guy and and you know, we'll listen to this audio coming up at four o'clock and people can decide for themselves. But one thing that is true that I agree with what Nico said. He hasn't publicly said anything negative about Luka Doncic. Yeah, he hasn't. People are taking what reporters have said the Mavericks think and it's not on record stuff, and so we're inferring from these reports that Nico thinks this, this, this, and I think it's all very reasonable. But to Nico's point, if you go on what's on the record, he's never said anything negative about Luka Doncic. And you know, he's not the only person in the world that doesn't think Luca's a great defensive player. Luca knew that criticism, which is why for the last year and a half, Luca's been pointing out his defensive qualities that have been good. Right, there's a reason he's done that. And then obviously Nico's on record is saying he loves Anthony Davis.
Speaker 4: Real quill Quick when you take the reporting and then you add that to the hot stove, that is the anger of MAVs fans.
Speaker 1: You get burned.
Speaker 4: And that's why people were saying it was a burn And that's how I'm gonna end that segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that's why I like that segment so great. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, which huge celebrity both in girth and in status pooped their pants. Well, just sit through this commercial break and think about it and wait, that's nuts. All right, Happy Monday, everybody you are rolling would the Been and Skin Show. Glad to have you on board. We are cooking with grease obviously. Throughout the day we'll be getting back into the Dallas Maverick stuff, the Nico press conference, the bombshell articles that have dropped just the end of the season.
Speaker 2: All that.
Speaker 1: We'll get back into the Nico stuff coming up at four o'clock. You don't want to miss that with us. But right now, stop with this.
Speaker 5: Juicy moves, hot gods. Come stay on top in the shovel.
Speaker 4: All right, big weekend and the next hour we'll get into some big movie news over the weekend as well.
Speaker 1: But uh, I came across this.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but there's a talk show that is hosted during the day.
Speaker 1: Your host is Jennifer Hudson.
Speaker 4: The guests that she had on are one Luke Bryan and the other guy that you just can't seem to get away from. Everywhere you turn, he's there. In fact, I pulled out my compass the other day and it was just his face. Which direction are we going? Jelly Roll He's everywhere. You can't He's your He's your wallpaper on your phone right now and you didn't even know it.
Speaker 1: Ye oh, bless Jesus your phone. There he is. It's jelly Roll. It's amazing.
Speaker 4: I swear to God. You go walk around, maybe you just want to go bump into someone in the office. You see jelly Roll on the walls of iHeart everywhere.
Speaker 1: Which is just amazing.
Speaker 4: You can't miss him. So here he is on Jennifer Hudson's daytime talk show. You gotta be ready for Luke Brian's crazy voice.
Speaker 1: It's very strange.
Speaker 6: What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you while performing?
Speaker 1: I pooped myself one time. Okay, there's more, but oh, it's a good start.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: A guy that size pooping himself just out there on stage. Yeah, I don't. You know, the whole pooping yourself is not really a problem for me, which is why when Skins started hanging out with those legendary poopers that just for what was the golf club called Lakewood, the Lakewood Poop Band. It's all these guys poop themselves every year, so they have a bet with each other to see who does it first, and that's the big loser. I thought, Man, I don't this isn't even worth talking about. Nobody poops their pants, And then our text messages exploded with people admitting to pooping their pants. So I guess this is the thing, and you know he's communicating it the way that he best can. But everyone has pooped themselves because we were old babies once, but Jelly Roll is saying he did it recently while performing. The question is very specific.
Speaker 6: What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you while performing?
Speaker 4: Okay, that could be my guitar. I broke a string, you know, my voice cracked. Oh, I had a booger.
Speaker 1: You know, you gives me a lot of things. If it's Lenny Kravitz. My pants split, my dog fell out. My dog fell out, and everyone was okay with that. It was my pants split and a log fell out.
Speaker 6: What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you?
Speaker 1: Wow Performing? I pooped myself one time. I did. I'm sorry, I listen. I did.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry myself one time, Wow Performing, I pooped.
Speaker 1: Myself one time. I did. I'm sorry, I listen. It was what they call it. I didn't know. I was coughident, it was all there. It was not. I watched this crowd go from loving me to just being completely out. He's completely out. That's why we love him out there. Wait, that's why we love him because he craps himself. Dude. Can you imagine if they come out with jelly roll jelly roll adult diapers? Now, dude, look, Ryan just said that's why we have him around.
Speaker 4: It's not because he's good at what he does and that he sounds good and said he poops himself.
Speaker 1: He's kind of funny, big guy. You want to have one of those in your career. Okay, with his name being his last name being Roll, we could very easily have a toilet paper endorsement yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm sure all of these ideas. His team's been sitting on things.
Speaker 1: Forever because his name is jelly roll.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if enough people have asked why, and I haven't looked that too too far into it, because what even.
Speaker 1: Is a jelly roll? It's not jelly donut? Right, I thought it was a fritter. I mean, I don't even know what it is. Well, it's a I think it probably falls in the category of Danish you know those.
Speaker 4: It's like a little little Debbie snack there, like the strawberry shortcakes.
Speaker 1: It's more like that. Okay, let me ask you this. What's more famous? Jelly roll or a jelly roll, jelly roll the performer or the Danish. I just searched jelly roll and what came up? All right, well that guy, the guy over, If you could you please google jelly roll pastry and see what category it falls in or does it just broadly fall in pastry?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: It comes up under I mean I put what is a jelly roll? And there's a picture of him and his silver teeth and his tattoo. Taste jelly roll cake, dirty diaper. Oh, it says it's a cake. Huh, yeah, I don't know. It's very strange. Hold on, now, I want you to listen to Luke Bryan says here, because are we just you know, I've said there's like sports funny, where sports guys don't have to work too hard to be funny, like a low hanging fruit joke will really pass the test. I've now determined that there's country funny. So country funny is gonna be. What the line that Luke Brian issues here that gets Jelly roll, It gets the crowd. Jennifer Hudson just sits there. She did not understand it.
Speaker 1: She don't want to hang out with these white guys. Completely out.
Speaker 2: He's completely out.
Speaker 1: That's why we love him out there and I over shared him.
Speaker 6: You're thinking you will's and turning like, how am I gonna top that?
Speaker 4: My problem was I didn't really get embarrassed about it when I did it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was amazing. Why's so good about that? So he's saying he pooped his pants also, but didn't get embarrassed, And.
Speaker 4: I didn't get embarrassed by It's what he's saying, that was his joke. So when this happens, jelly Rol grabs Luke Bryan and starts shaking him like he's trying to empty his pockets.
Speaker 1: He cragary thing. He couldn't help himself. He just started like hyperventilating. Look Brian with a singer. You know who's loving all of this. Jennifer Hudson. Oh, no, I know, Fergie. Fergy. Fergie's loving this because here's just a couple of guys about how frequently they pooped themselves while performing, and She's like, no one's talking about that one time I just urinated all down in my leg.
Speaker 4: That's what you went to because I went to the Kelly Clarkson story of the time she claimed that she had to go so bad she ran off stage and they had someone got like a home depot bucket over there, and she that thing up.
Speaker 1: I respect that because if I was having digestive issues, I would cancel the performance. Really, she's she's real the show must go on type. If you were over there going to town in a home depot bucket, would you ask somebody to bring you something to read? Yes, hold on someone sports page. Somebody hold their phone in front of my eyes and scroll with their finger when I tell them to. Hey, the audience which you'll come back out though the crowd. Wait, if you're pooping at a home depot bucket, are you grabbing the sides of it? How are you?
Speaker 4: You're not really thinking about it, You're just running to it and sitting because he had to go, so.
Speaker 1: You don't sit on a bucket though, is like, hey, man, have I had something in there? I had my lunch and I'm sorry. There's a couple of tools in here. There's a hammer and some nails. Somebody cleaned this up for the carpenter. All right, there you have it.
Speaker 2: J J.
Speaker 1: Roll pooped himself and admitted it to the world. That's why we have him around. Yeah, all right, coming up in less than four minutes, A strange new celebrity couple. A strange new celebrity couple less than four minutes away. Don't go to work, all right, it's the Been in Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging with us today. There is other sports news besides the Nico Harrison press conference, but we are gonna have audio from that coming up here in about fifteen minutes or so. But right now it's time for KT's Billy Ray Cyrus news of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a real strange one right here, guys. I saw yesterday that they've gone ahead and made it official. Billy Ray Cyrus is now dating Elizabeth Hurley.
Speaker 1: When you say dating, do you mean they're just having sex or he's taking her to dinner. I'm sure they're having I'm sure they've had a couple of dinners. Sounds like they've gone to a Chili's. I bet you like triple dippers, Liz, and I feel like I feel like I could be reading her wrong because I thought she would be in a class that was he couldn't reach.
Speaker 4: That's why that's my whole point of doing this, outside of something in a second, is that this is hope for everyone out there.
Speaker 1: This is hope for everyone. Why are you guys holding holding Liz Hurley in such High's sixty and she's doing great, She's smoking hot, She's just got a British accent, so she seems smarter than she probably is. He's a guy that probably eats dirt sandwiches. He's about as smart as a box of rocks. He uh. Now, I guess her most high profile relationship before this was Hugh Grant, right, Yes, wasn't she dating Hugh Grant when he had sex with that hooker?
Speaker 4: I don't know if those timelines. I think is right after that, Okay, are you sure?
Speaker 1: I think so. I think this is like late nine because that was what that was. I don't remember, but it's basically what gave Jay Leno momentum. He went on for another decade. Hugh Grant went on there and admitted that, yes, I had sex with that hooker right like, right on a side street. Not a great look for her. Yeah, I think I'm I'm willing to bet human money that he was dating Liz Hurley when that happened. Okay, but I could again, I'm old now and I forget a lot of details. Oh, he does matter, and that could be an unfair, unfair reflection on her. Why does that have to be about her? Well, I'm just saying now that she's with Billy Ray Cyrus. I think we're yeah, because has she not been in a single news item since that happened with you? She's been in a bunch, And this is why we're doing this. Okay. Do you guys remember the movie she was in about a year ago. Yes, Well, this I might not have been with the show at the time we did this. I don't remember it at all.
Speaker 4: So basically, her son was the director directing her, and she's in a lot of sex scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was it?
Speaker 4: Yep, strictly confidential? Maazing straight to cable.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, well, a lot of things are Was there another human in it that we've heard of?
Speaker 1: Ummmmm no, yeah no.
Speaker 4: But the point is it was a big story because she gets naked a bunch of sex scenes with chicks and with guys and her sons. The producer he's like, yeah, he cast her for that role. I love to put mommy in these sex scenes and.
Speaker 1: That's a weird thing to Okay, was it strictly confidential? Is that what you're talking about? Yeah? Think so, Mummy is hot? Strictly confidential. A haunted young woman finds herself drawn into a world of seduction, duplicity, and betrayal as she desperately tries to uncover the mystery surrounding her best friend's suicide. Definitely terrible got a two point eight out of ten. Is it an episode of Red Shoe Diaries? So think about that. It had eight hundred and fifty two votes and it's ever two points.
Speaker 4: This is what is happening. Did you see how low her career's gotten? And then last time we heard from Billy Cyrus, this happened.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 8: Hell, just stab your fingers. That's okay, Bud, that's okay. You can tell the world you never was my girl. You can burn my clothes up when I'm gone gone like I said, Or you can tell your frayn just what a fool of ben and laughing joke about me on the phone. He don't tell my heart, my hegg can break your heart. I just don't think you don't understand.
Speaker 1: Make the stop. And if you tell my heart finished, you break your heart.
Speaker 8: He might blow up and kill a span.
Speaker 1: Thank you good night. Oh no, I actually think that that's right. In Liz Hurley's cousin, we have not heard for her in thirty years, except for when she had a bunch of sex scenes with her son watching Man. Remember you can't get his guitar to plug in. I still hold her at a higher regard than that Billy Raisers, I think, I think so. Yeah. Absolutely, he's out kicking his coverage right there, all right, coming up next. Don't go anywhere in just a few minutes, we're gonna get back into the Nico audio that's coming your way in the four o'clock hour the Ben and Skin Show. All right, we're about to get into to all the Nico stuff. We've got audio we'll play for you from his presser and we'll talk about all that. This segment is brought to you by Hurtado Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in Yell Life. Brandon Hurtado spin on Mexicu Mexican Barbecue. They have a location Mansfield, one in Arlington, one in Fort Worth, now one in Dallas at the Farmers Market, which is pretty darn new, and then two locations in Globe Live Field. And Brandon's an author as well. We highly encourage you to go read his book about Barbaricola. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Now, let's go around the sports KTU tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 4: One PM KO Harrison for the postseason press conference with tons of Dallas media members.
Speaker 1: Let's get it on. Isaac Harris coming in from the turnbuckle. Why shouldn't you be fired?
Speaker 4: Okay, why was Nate Bargazzi at thes collar?
Speaker 1: Want to hear that again, why shouldn't you be fired?
Speaker 9: Well, One, I think I've done a really good job here and I don't think I can be judged by the injuries this year. You have to judge the from totality, from beginning to end. And so I think I have a really good working relationship with Patrick. I think you had and Rick. The leadership that we have is really elite. And you'll see next year when our team comes back, we're going to be competing for a championship.
Speaker 1: Suck on that, haters. When we come back and win a championship next year, you'll forget all about seventy seven. Let me ask you, guys, reasonably, how is he supposed to answer that question. It's not a question for an answer, it an possible question answer. It's it's it's the people's champion question. It's you know, and it's uh, it's from It's not the credited journalism and that. It's just that, hey man, this is open to Dallas media. This fringe of media is like I dig it, it's entertainment, it's podcast, all those sorts of things. I think he's really good at what he does. And yeah, that was just like taking a shot man. I'm friends with Isaac like and I know you are too. Yeah, and uh, and what he does with Nick I think is great. And our buddy slightly biased is on there. And I don't I'm not saying you edited that wrong at all. No, No, there's there's lead up. Yeah, And and but I think he's laying out the case, including the fire Nico chance, so he's not coming in shock chock of hey, why should you know? But again, without criticizing anybody, because I I was sitting there in that press conference, I could have asked questions. So I'm not criticizing anybody. But uh, I don't know that anybody's gonna get the answer they want. And quite frankly, I'm sitting there going, okay, if I was Nico, you know, the answer to the question is that's a question for Patrick Doom. I don't hire or fire myself. What do you want from me? But for that's the people's champ question, because that's the one that probably fans are like, hell, yes, thank you. Finally someone asked the question you need to be asked. It's not going to be productive because he can't really answer it honestly. And now I wasn't there, And I don't want to be critical of anybody for the question he asked. I was dying to have people asked the McMahon questions, right, because for me, the most powerful thing is they fired Casey Smith. That probably led to losing Luca and losing Dirk maybe at least that's what Tim McMahon is pointing out. And so that's one of the most important firings in the history of Dallas Maverick's basketball and it happened over a zoom call while a guy was with his dying mother. Yeah, I would uh, I would have loved for, you know, questions to be asked about that, just so I could hear because it's, you know, again, this is uh, Tim McMahon's version of what happened, and so I think there's a way to ask it. I don't think it's my place to go in there and ask it as someone who's on the MAVs TV broadcast, but I think that there's a way to ask the question. Do you refute any of this reporting? Because I just saw Tim up on television. He's in Oklahoma City, he's covering that series, so he can't be there. But I would I would have as having read that today and going my god, this and seeing people's responses to it. I would have loved to have heard Nico on the record respond to that. But again, I'm not criticizing anybody for how they went about what they did today. Everybody had their own story that they wanted to write or that they wanted to cover, and they asked the questions I wanted to ask. Tim McMahon wrote the story. He wasn't there, so there you go. Yeah, we needed Tim there. I wish Tim could have been there. There was a question from CAROLDI ten eighty. I'm like, a, we could probably do without that one. I actually liked the rust of Scott question. Then it's pretty good. Do you have it?
Speaker 4: Well, oh, let me say, let me be fair to iss too. We added that because it's perfect for our short radio segments. Yeah, but I could say, like, none of us have ever been booed by twenty thousand people calling for our job like he set it up.
Speaker 1: Please understand, I'm not criticized. Oh no, no, yeah, no, I'm not either. I think again, it's the most gratifying question that was asked for the fan base, I think. But it's an impossible one to answer. Yeah, and I don't know you may have. Do you have any of the stuff where people are asking about Luca winning championships with defense?
Speaker 4: I have a bunch of How about this one is in your mind? Is Luca a championship player?
Speaker 9: When you look at Luka Doncic, do you consider him a championship level player? You know, that's kind of an unfair question. Luca is no longer on this team. But what I am excited about is I do believe we have a championship caliber team and we'll show that next year.
Speaker 4: And that was on the heels of two other questions about defense wins championships and that thing that we did last week.
Speaker 1: This is up to the discretion of the league. But if he started talking about a play that's not on his team, he can get fined by the league. Yeah, marywhind Magic Johnson went on Kimmel and then talking, you know, trying to get an He worked for the Lakers organization, so that gets that's a very slippery slope. So again I get the question, and I'm intrigued by what is he going to answer? But if he if he starts evaluating Luca as a championship caliber player or not he can get fined because that player plays for the Lakers.
Speaker 10: To the anger and outrage from the fan base. Has that exceeded what you were kind of planning for?
Speaker 9: Yeah, good question. I did know that Luca was important to the to the fan base. I didn't quite know it to the to what level. But really the way we looked at it is, you know, if you're putting on the if you're putting a team on the floor that's Kyrie, Clay PJ, Anthony Davis and Lively, we feel that's a championship caliber team, and we would have been winning at a high level and that would have quieted some of that and so unfortunately we weren't able to do that, so it just continued to, you know, go on and on.
Speaker 1: It would have helped, it would have helped it. Still, shortening the window by six years and not getting full return for Luca hurts no matter what. But even if your tiny little two year window plan was healthy and we got to see it and they were winning, it would have helped a little bit. It would have been better than this. I would say, like that is an accurate answer in that if you're not playing heavy minutes to Kessler Edwards and you have your team that you saw against Houston out there. There would still be lots of horribly upset people that want Nico fired, but the chance wouldn't be there, you know what I'm saying. If you're winning at a high level, people aren't in there yelling negative stuff like I don't even remember in the history of sports having seen that. Anyway, even with.
Speaker 4: Winning, you still have Luca coming back and the emotional return and all that that still destroys people. So there's no the winning. I know that's the answer he has to say, but it's not. No one's going to feel better by anything.
Speaker 1: But you still traded for a guy that's six years older who's always hurt, and then he got here and he was hurt. Yeah, So I mean, like, I don't know, man, that's aside from whatever emotion you want to take out of it, emotional attachment to the player, which I think it's fair to do. And we'll play more Nico stuff in a minute. What Ben said is if you did do if you take the emotion out of it, it's completely accurate. You can reasonably say you traded for a player that's significantly older, that has a back bad track record of health. That's a fair criticism of the trade. That has nothing to do with emotional attachment to Luca.
Speaker 4: Sure, well, what happens when he's asked if he knows that people hate him? Because he was asked that today, and how do you respond to that?
Speaker 1: Ax? Okay, that's the next don't go to her. That's in less than four minutes. That's coming up, all right. It's the ben and skin shown up in point one the Eagle. A day of freaking out across Mavland. Actually that's been every day since February second. It just really came to a head. The Mavericks season ended Friday night in rather humiliating fashion. Is Memphis whooped that ass? And then Memphis got fed to Oklahoma City and lost by fifty Did anybody want yeah? Oh my god? Yeah? Can you imagine being the Mavericks having to play them at noon on Sunday after after flying to Sacramento, flying back to Memphis, flying Oklahoma City. Oh, that would have been ugly. But the season is over. Nico Harrison had a press conference at one o'clock today on the heels of three I'd say two explosive articles, one from Tim Cato, but the one from Tim McMahon was really explosive and if you haven't read it, Tim wrote in ESPN that a big division happened between the Mavericks and Dirt Noovinski after Nico unceremoniously relieved Casey Smith, longtime gold medal winning head of the medical staff for the Mavericks, who had been a longtime friend of Dirt Novitski of Jason Kidd, had Luca's trust and he, according to Tim McMahon, fired him right after Casey went to Dirk's Hall of Fame event and did it over zoom while Casey was caring for his gravely ill mother. This was according to Tim McMahon. So then this comes out today, Niko does the exit interview today, the local media has access. I was sitting there in the room, I had access. I didn't say anything. I just watched it all unfold. But Katie has been playing a bunch of clips from it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Dorothy Gentry is a reporter here and then nice lady, right, I love Doring. I did not expect this question come from her, though, I thought this is pretty heavy.
Speaker 1: The fans are upset, almost hate. I have to say the word are you dealing with that?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 1: And then two? Do you understand how they feel?
Speaker 6: I think they want to know that you feel their pain about losing Luca.
Speaker 1: What can you stay to them?
Speaker 9: Well, when you have twenty thousand people in this stadium, chanting fire and NiCl, you you really feel it. I mean it's I use the word awesome, but not in a positive way, like.
Speaker 4: I have to stop it here. I've never used the word awesome in a not positive way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think by definition he's right about the word, but the way we use it in our popular vernacular.
Speaker 4: I just went and took a bunch of wiz, took a whiz and a bunch of blood came out awesome.
Speaker 1: It's not a good thing. I think. Like if he were to say awe inspiring, but even that wouldn't connect. I think the word he would probably rather use as it was overwhelming disapproving. The disapproval is deafening.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when you have twenty thousand people in this stadium, chanting fire and NiCl, you you really feel it. I mean it's I use the word awesome, but not in a positive way, like you can really feel how they feel.
Speaker 1: So, yes, I feel them.
Speaker 9: How am I doing? I'm good? You know I said this last week. God's got me covered. I have an amazing family and an amazing support group to get through it. But no, I absolutely feel it. But I'm also you know, my job is to make decisions that I feel in the best interest of this organization, and I got to stand by the decision. And some of them are gonna be unpopular, and this was clearly one that's unpopular.
Speaker 4: Not gonna win anyone over. But that's not the goal of his press conference today, probably right.
Speaker 1: I think he has zero intent to quote unquote win anybody over. Oh no, I don't think he thinks that way at all. No, it's he that's not what his that's not how he rolls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about the memes from the game Friday night now, because we can talk about that, the no emotion things get into that at the five o'clock hour. Yeah, the scene where Anthony Davis gets hurt. ESPN's got a camera trained on him. All that, the side eye, he side eye. I mean, it's like he just he's if he wants to be a villain. I mean, he's done a good job.
Speaker 1: I don't think he wants to be a villain. I just think it does either everything that's and is that. Yeah, he has become the biggest sports villain in the history of df W, I think. And dude, the guy yeah, And and the guy who's probably happiest about all of it is Jerry Jones. Dude, have a great year. I mean, dude, he was on the hot seat. And then Nico says, I'll take that for you. I mean, it's dude.
Speaker 4: And also we're three days over the draft and there no one's talking about that.
Speaker 1: Has anybody Has anybody talked to Dumont about what's going to happen in twenty seven, twenty eight, twenty nine and thirty or whatever when they don't have any of their first round picks. Has anybody even broke that down to him at all? This is we built this team around Luca, and then everyone here is because they fit well with Luca. Then we traded Luca, got six years older, got a player who's always hurt, did not get full return on the trade, and don't have any of our picks after this little three year window ends. You know, let's talk. Let's pick it up later, all right, we'll get back into a little We'll get back into a little bit later. Coming up next though, movie talk, Let's talk about the movie that had everybody he buzzing this weekend. That's coming up next on the Ben Skin Show. Thanks for making the Ben and Skin Show a part of your daily routine. We're gonna get back into all the Maverick stuff coming up here momentarily. We got a news quickie coming up. We got the Today Game, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just make sure that my lightning was charged.
Speaker 4: Uh, Okay, that's my fault.
Speaker 8: Fuck.
Speaker 1: We know that it's a movie too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's what I do to just make my wheelie get moving a little bit, right, A little shot collar action.
Speaker 1: To free Willie. Movie talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, so the movie talk of the weekend, which is weird because not every weekend anymore?
Speaker 1: Are you like, wait, what happened? Dropped at the theaters?
Speaker 4: Because once a monthor we like there's a big movie, maybe less than that these days.
Speaker 1: It's gotten kind of weird.
Speaker 4: But this is a movie that I've seen the trailer of I'm not kidding you, I think five times, because I've probably seen five movies and the last five or six months. If I've been to a movie recently, then I've seen this in the previews. The trailer for the movie Sinners, starring not one.
Speaker 1: But two Michael B.
Speaker 4: Jordan's Hey off to a good start, right, also starring the wife of Bill's quarterback, Josh Allen Hailey Steinfeld.
Speaker 1: I don't I know that name, but I couldn't place her. What does she do? What's your thing?
Speaker 4: She's in Sinners, okay, and she's done some other things.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, if you watch that and you're like, okay, this this could be good.
Speaker 4: But also there's a twist where they're definitely zombies or vampires or something, but it's a you know, it's directed by Ryan Coogler, the koug the guy who did Black Panther. He goes by the koog and okay, And then you go to a movie again the next month.
Speaker 1: And you see it again. I don't need to see this trailer again, and then I own so I've seen the trailer a bunch.
Speaker 4: Therefore, my interest in this movie was not high, and I'll be damn to fall over my timeline. Over the weekend, it was people ranning and raving about your box office winner this weekend, Sinners, which collected forty eight million dollars and beat the Minecraft movie. So have y'all seen anything about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my timeline was exploding people talking about it. But I don't really know a ton about it. I've seen some of the buzz leading up to it, and then I saw that it was out and that people were loving it, but I don't really even know what it's about. I watch a lot of NBA basketball and it has been promoted heavily on national NBA broadcast for months.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you know, I'm very aware of it. And also if you see Michael B. Jordan, you're like, Okay, there he is. Yeah, guess hot, right?
Speaker 1: And then also I should say that depending on how deep you want to get on this, Basically, ever since Get Out came out, there has been a lot of So basically throughout time, horror movies has represented oppressed people like very famously. All out the thirties and forties, gay directors would make horror movies in which the monster represents homosexuality because you couldn't put that in movies in the thirties and forties. So what's happened over the last basically since Get Out came out, there's been a lot of quote unquote thrillers and or horror films that have been used as a vehicle to represent the black experience in America. So when I saw these commercials, I had a very good idea kind of the path that we were going down here.
Speaker 4: So I thought I had a pretty good idea of the path were going down with this movie because in the trailer, it was one of those trailers where you're like, what else could they put in the trailer? They've showed me what happens in this movie. So Michael B. Jordan and his brother they come back. I'm not there's no spoilers here. This is all in the previews. They would show you a movie Michael B. Jordan and his brother Michael C.
Speaker 1: Is that right? I don't know. So they're coming back really town. No, there's two of them. So oh he's playing two different people.
Speaker 5: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh they're brothers and twin brothers. So they're coming back to their hometown and it's in Mississippi vibe and we're.
Speaker 1: Going back to the past.
Speaker 4: I know in the trailer there's a rattlesnake and uh, they one of the brothers hooks up with Hayley Steinfeld the van, but it turns out we learned that she's a zombie of some sort or a vampire. Okay, so that's that's the story. They're dealing with vampires.
Speaker 1: And that's it. That's all sell me.
Speaker 4: That's that's That's kind of how I would sell it if I based on the trailer. But you go to movie experts online, such as Chris Arnold, Let's go, here's what he told me about this movie on Twitter A plus.
Speaker 1: Don't leave after the credits roll.
Speaker 4: Like, but don't leave until after because you stay there at some point the movie. Don't leave after the credit, stay there, see how long until they don't leave until after the credits.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that Chris Arnold liked this movie is so great, and every one did. There's an outlet called cinema Score.
Speaker 4: They gave it the first A plus movie review of a horror movie in thirty five years.
Speaker 1: Okay, now the last one.
Speaker 4: I don't know Cinema's score from my elbows or my ass, I don't know, but that seems like a pretty big thing now watching the previews, I would tell you not a horror movie. That's that's a thriller, but maybe it is. Maybe they snuck a horror element into it. And that's like you.
Speaker 1: Just told me old gals a zombie or something. She turns into one or into vampire. It's hard to tell. Put you in the horror film category. They definitely lock one of the Michael B.
Speaker 4: Jordan's in a room and he has been infected by said virus because his head does a little whack you kind of a spook thing at the end. Okay, so interesting, and I think I'm gonna go see it. Run Tomatoes all above ninety five percent. Okay, that is snow Paddington too. But I don't pretty good.
Speaker 1: I don't get out to the theater very often. Dude, you're kind of wait for it to get home.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. The other night I spent time watching teen Wolf. This is I sitting there discretion. I watched it from the top. You saw when the guy hung dong it the whole movie. I looked forward and I never saw it. I was looking for dong, yes version of it, looking for dong and all the wrong please looking for dong.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's a really bad movie. And I invested time in that because it was at my house on my couch, but actually getting up and leaving and going somewhere. I need to do that more often. I would go see teen Wolf in the theater. I mean, I would you rather see teen Wolff. I'll put it to you like this. I'd rather get out and go see teen Wolf in the theaters than Miss Congeniality, which is coming back. Man.
Speaker 4: I told you guys, I saw yes for that, but both terrible things to go do.
Speaker 1: Watching Michael J. Fox play basketball, he was literally four foot eleven Michael J. Fox or Michael B. Jordan four.
Speaker 4: Adding another Michael B. Jordan there, And I think it's an easy answer. Ninety eight percent from the critics, ninety seven percent from the fans.
Speaker 1: Is it rated R? It is rated R? Are you gonna watch it? And then go read a bunch of think pieces? Probably not watch it? Though, yeah, yeah the film? All right, I do want to watch it now. I'm in Oh yeah, no, absolutely, like we'll probably gonna go this week because I don't. I'm sure the guys made other movies between this and Black Panther, but I thought Black Panther was freaking awesome. Yeah, it was one of the best movies I've seen in the last decade or so.
Speaker 4: You would like to know what else the Cougar has done, because Tomatoes did rank Ryan Cougler's movies, Okay, number two, Black Panther, Number three, Creed, Yeah, I did, Jordan.
Speaker 1: He only makes Michael B. Jordan movies. I did not have an I didn't get it. I did not have an interest in seeing Creed. I'm it may be great. I just a lot of people loved it, but I just don't know there was a sequel to it until they released the Sylvester Sloan porn. I feel like we can't really take anything they do. So one that Shackleford watched and transcribed amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Number four Fruitvale Station with oh yeah, Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan, Yes, fruit Veil Station. But that was before Black Panther, right, I believe, so, I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a long time ago, right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That thing is what put him on the map and he took over Black Panther. Yeah, and there we go. Michael Jordan's one of the greatest actors. We have, one of the hottest guys we have on our good business to get into right there with Wallace still sad. If you watch The Wire, you guys know Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan was shot and killed spoiler dude in like about twenty five years ago when the Wire was on, a lot of people are thinking of turning that on tonight. Was Nicki minaj is really hooking up with them? You saw that Award Show. She was like, I'm wearing this dress made by so and so, and Michael B. Jordan's gonna take it off of me tonight. I've not heard that. You guys like Nicki Minaja know the story, guys, boone, this Nicki Minaje news. I am not intimately involved in her work. I'm aware that she exists and puts out product. Oh she does put it out Yep, anything else, Kevin, that's good for now. All right, all right, coming up, coming up next in less than four minutes, don't go anywhere. The Today Game, then a news quickie, and then we'll get in the weekday update and back into all the math stuff. It's all coming away in the benets Kin Show, Go ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. We've got more of the Nico's soundbites from Nico Harrison's press conference today his exit interview with the media. A lot of stuff in there we haven't gotten too yet that is making the news rounds. So we will certainly get into all of that. But right now it's time for this. It's time to play the Today game. It's a game. It's Tonic Today. Let's go take it away, you jack wagons. It is time to play the Today game for today, April twenty first, and we will start with Tony Romo being forty five. He is, and it's happening now. Hold on, what's going on? Where you've been? Not my computers? Jack, Here we go, ready.
Speaker 2: Ramo Jordi Robo Jordy robo Jo.
Speaker 1: Romo is that rotational leg don't lose this game. I think either of them should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, neither are I did you guys know Romo's age?
Speaker 1: I know, did not know forty five.
Speaker 4: I was guessing forty two, and then I just remember that time flies, it flies.
Speaker 1: Now when I saw that age pop up, says like, man, I guess I thought there was a bigger age gap between now. Nine years is a big age gap. But I guess I'd always thought it was more than that. But yeah, man, he forty five. Now that's crazy. Forty five. You think you're getting the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 4: No, Jerry said, Hall of Fame, get you in the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's guys that are in the Ring of Honor though, that aren't in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I know that's his excuse though, to not put guys like Jimmy Johnson. And he finally gives in and puts him in.
Speaker 1: I think that even though Romo has pretty much every Cowboys passing record there is, to have the legacy of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks makes it a difficult decision, But Jerry loves Romo. I predict Romo does get into the Ring of Honor because of that distinction. And I think Jerry feels guilty that Romo didn't win anything significant because it certainly wasn't because of Romo, it was because of the supporting cast. So I think that's on Jerry. So I think Jerry will put him in. That makes sense. Jerry's probably just start putting everyone in the next ten years, right. I wouldn't be surprised if Steven goes in this summer. Of course, Steven's going in.
Speaker 4: We figured it was cowboys fans. He works with Will that's worse than the Luca trade man. Stephen, he's here there, it is he is.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Robert Smith the sixty six, Good job, Robert, great song. God, I love that song. It's one of their best. Rob Riggles fifty five Brennan. Here's the thing.
Speaker 11: It's the Catalina wine mixer.
Speaker 1: Okay, so good Walker, Texas Ranger, premier on this day in nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 12: It's okay, Alex, I'm a man now.
Speaker 1: Oh, and how you doing? Little partner?
Speaker 12: Walker told me I had eats.
Speaker 1: I have a question. She's played the beginning of that again. Is he is he calling someone? Aunt Alex? I said, Alice or Alex.
Speaker 12: It's okay, Alex, I'm a man now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play Aunt Alex or Aunt Alice. He's got an aunt Alex.
Speaker 12: It's okay, Alex, I'm a man now?
Speaker 1: Or is there a person na a Alex? What a wind up on the kiss?
Speaker 12: Tokay Alex, I don't mean now.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys the Eagle at bellefores sixty, let's go start, okay.
Speaker 4: Aami Ben had a kid named him Knox Knox Ben, Yeah knocks, Ben, hear that often stars lost.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys. Field of Dreams was released on this day in eighty nine. People will comrade, people will most definitely they come a lot of birds. That is the shocking audio. If you've never seen the movie and that's just the audio you hear, you think you're watching something very Oh my hey Man Family show. Dude, No, it's true. It is a movie. It's a movie about a nutrient genus stand that was built in a cornfield. It's called Field of Creams. Guys, speaking of Brendan Smith is an age the Patriots have on the valley. You still have a scar on my tailbone from when I had to go in and have surgery to have a cists removed four inches above the anus. The dog pile has momentarily been halted.
Speaker 7: Bye bye, little Brandan. We really want to do your lady, really wont to do?
Speaker 1: Lady even stop repeating that lady really? Yeah, everybody finish I finished all right? Yeah, Happy birthday, Brendan. We love you. Sorry about us. Coming up next, KT, where you going to take some of the news quickie.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got some police officers who are competing in a game of cop bingo.
Speaker 1: It's real stupid. Next, all right, we're gonna get back into all the Nico stuff, the MAV stuff at five point thirty, so don't miss that. We've got a weekday update coming up. But this segment right here is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, but it's so good. They won best Pizzeria and all of DFW in the Dallas Morning News. That's at Preston and Plano, Parkway and Plano. They've mastered five different types of pizza. They have an amazing selection of craft beer. It's a great place to hang out. There's TV's as far as I can see. They got pasta something for everybody. But if you're a true foodie, aren't you a little bit curious of why Readers of the Dallas Morning News voted Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and Plano the best pizzaia and all of DFW. Head out there and find out yourself. Be sure to see see us on social media on a post and give him some love. Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now after this, give me that moves quickie. Yeah, you know you want it.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna start off before I give you any details of this story. With our good friends up there at Channel seven in Bozeman, Washington, who got footage.
Speaker 1: No, this is the police.
Speaker 4: Chief of the city Bozeman, Washing That which I think is the town where Washington State University is, which I believe number one. Pick cam Ward of the Titans where he was there for a little bit, Mike Leach coach. There, here's the police chief explaining what went wrong.
Speaker 11: Two teams of patrol officers were engaged in a bingo competition where success in the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, stop, okay.
Speaker 4: Two teams of police officers okay a bingo competition.
Speaker 1: At Bingo Night, or.
Speaker 11: In a bingo competition where success in the game hinged on whether they engaged in actions listed on the Bengo card. Then they filled in squares of things that they wanted to see happen or have happened in order to check off that box in the Bengo card. So an example of one of those was to do a search warrant on a car, which in and of itself that is part of their duties. The concern is if then they manipulated anything in order to be able to search a car.
Speaker 1: Okay, and win it bingo and when it police bingo.
Speaker 4: And this is not like one or two or three, it's thirteen police officers. Man, Okay, so I have the bingo card.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh so they all didn't have different bingo cards. There's there's one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think one team has a yeah, okay, midshift bingo is what it says to help the day fly by. So in the first column, two hat tricks per team per night, I'm guessing three arrests.
Speaker 1: That be your hat trick. Okay, recover a stolen vehicle one that's good, right, that should be a center square.
Speaker 4: Extinguish a fire before the Bozeman fire department gets the Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Can you see him like fighting hard to get it done, and fire departments like, what are you doing? Why are you trying it so hard to put a fire out? We're on our way, okay, But clearly this puts the police officers in a position to start a fire in order to put it out.
Speaker 4: Yes, one arrest for every member for every team, for every day for a week, so you know, these are squads of probably six or seven people. I'm guessing if there's thirteen total involved, so you know, and then lastly apply a chest seal. I don't know what that means. A TQQR chest seal. I don't know what that could be.
Speaker 1: What's it? TQQR?
Speaker 4: Yeah, TQQR or over point three to zero blood alcohol content DUI, god.
Speaker 1: That's like.
Speaker 4: Almost four times the legal limit. That's insane, A non drug related what's so it's hard to see him?
Speaker 1: I'm good. I could sing in here.
Speaker 4: Everyone on the team gets a felony in a week. Successful CPR.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, arrest three people out of one car. Two on team and a vehicle pursuit. So looking for a high speed chase. Let's see, uh, successful canine track. I'm assuming get the dog out for something.
Speaker 1: I want to say something. Yeah, I'm laughing because this reminds me of super Bad. I mean, this is super Troopers, maybe super Troopers. Yeah, like the stuff that they were doing. I feel I've actually never seen Supertroopers, but I feel like this is objectively evil, that this is happening. This, This sounds exactly like super Troopers. Here's guys, doing idiot stuff to make the day fly by. But your law enforcement a three plus vehicle accident and we can get a pile up.
Speaker 4: That'd be great. We can get bingo. Here's my favorite one of all of them. Have a team member get hit on by an arrestee. God, does it specify gender? No? Ok, And you wouldn't have to, right. I don't know if there's any female policewomen involved here. How come they You don't ever hear that one?
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 4: Police women? You're a policeman all the time because fear of them police women, police women, the policewoman, police lady. The policeman pulled me over, but it was a woman, the police woman pulled me over.
Speaker 1: Would you say that, yeah, the lady. I think skin nailed it. Police lady. Yeah. I don't think you can say that. Hey that or police mama. You're you trying to get canceled? No, police, police Mama's legit. I think like these are all things we could do. We could break out some bingo for work. Yeah, it's a little different for us, but our actions don't entail anyone going to jail unnecessarily to win a bingo car. That's a good point you make, and I hadn't thought that far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, but what are some things we could do Austin Reeves, Well, he already has his list of things.
Speaker 1: He comes up. That's a square, which you did it today though, So that's on you. See, I'm influencing you guys. By the way, if the Lakers are going to beat the Wolves, Austin Reeves don't need to step up, dude, know he just need to step up one. No one rode along with Luca the other night, Well, nobody go into because.
Speaker 4: He is a disgusting fat pig.
Speaker 1: While Anthony Edwards was telling Los Angeles Laker fans that he had a bigger D than they had, what was the thing he was was doing a Spider Man web on Luca. I wasn't sure I saw that still photo, but was He held his hand out after hitting a three, and it looked like he had like a Charles Haley finger that was pointing the wrong direction. There's a there's a lot of things I don't understand because currently in the NBA, anytime a guy makes a three, he injects heroin into his veins. And I'm not sure I understand what all that's about. Yeah, it's very strange. I used to just like let that, let the hand fly, hold us hold it up there. What were your numbers like in your best year and my best year. I gonna go back into the archives here. It was like a twelve six three guy. Yeah, really, I've seen highlights of you. Yeah, but I was like all my points were threes. Yeah. It rained not stepping inside the three point line. Yeah. See your six boards or six assess six boards? Yep, Oh I played defense. Okay, it's unrelated to the question though.
Speaker 4: So what was your defensive rating? Show us your defensive stance. What was your individual plus minus? So where do you guys stand on this shoot these cops be canceled for yes, should be fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they lose their job a fun game of bingo. It shouldn't be in law enforcement. They shouldn't be in law It's a very serious job. And there's a really tough history because there's a of of people abusing the badge. And I would say that this. I think if you had any police officer and you asked them about this and they were on camera, they would say they were very embarrassed by the actions of this police officer if there was a recording device while you asked them. They were very embarrassed that this got out. I hear you, and I see both of you. But let's not act like there's a big line out the door. In Bozeman, Washington, one of the coldest cities in America for people to get into some odd hours law enforcement. I am people are looking for some indoor central heating jobs in Bozeman, Washington. I am very curious how many people are on the force does this represent, because I have no idea how big Bozman is.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there's two sergeants here, and you don't hear that word us much anymore either, Like what other job is there sergeants outside of military and police? So if there's thirteen people, two squads, two sergeants being charged.
Speaker 1: Six a squad, how many four or five squads? Probably six squads, I'm guessing. I feel like you're just making numbers. We're gonna lay off the whole department. Basically, Yeah, you can't do this. Just tell him to quit playing bingo. Gots. Just cut off the bingo. You do your job, all right. There you have it. There is the news quickie coming up next. Though the actual big news segment of the hour, KT. Where are we going into weekly Weekday Update.
Speaker 4: Well, we had some breaking news overnight. One of the most powerful people on Earth, one of most famous people on Earth dead.
Speaker 1: Oh John Voight?
Speaker 4: Is it John Voight?
Speaker 1: Next? All right, stick around and find out if it's John VOIGHTCE or not before we get there. We're talking about Simular Development Group. Oh yes, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. We'll get back into the Nico Harrison audio and all the discussion going on around the Mavericks at the bottom of this hour. But right now it's time for this man.
Speaker 7: Now, it's time for Basis Weekday up Day, featuring veteran news anchor KT fun.
Speaker 1: Tweet hero of the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. Thank you, Richard.
Speaker 4: All Right, so yesterday it was Easter Sunday and the Pope, Pope Francis, he's eighty eight years old, but he's had pneumonia. He's been dealing with quite a few things. He did go make the rounds. He's pushed around a wheelchair from of ten thousand people. He also had to meet with Jade Vance yesterday too. See a lot going on. And then this morning I woke up to the news that Pope Francis is dead. Hello the stroke. He's not doing well and hasn't been doing well for a while. So it didn't like shock anybody. But I don't think he was expected to die this morning or overnight last.
Speaker 1: Night, because he was poping yesterday. He was poping so hard, poping or poking, poping, lucket. How old is he eighty eight? Well, he was eighty eight. God, that is age, Okay, old age.
Speaker 4: So one of my favorite movies of the year is Conclave, which is incredible, and I can't believe he died and he was in bad health is when I saw that movies. But I'm glad I watched it because now I know what happens here. Basically, they have a college of cardinals and they're going to take fifteen to twenty days and there's gonna be some political lobbying back and forth, discussions here, secret whispering here, all in this crazy old church, and they're all dressed up in their stuff. And then what they need is two thirds majority to you know, get your winner. And that's all going to.
Speaker 1: Be happening now, can you gamble on it?
Speaker 4: I would love to gamble on this. Oh my god, that's such a good idea. I think there's seventeen Americans who have a chance to be the pope and there's like fifty one in Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trust me, and ain't on be an American. I've been working with price Picks all day on this more. Yeah, I'm going way more on the Italians to get past the first round right now. In that movie, John Letgal in it. But in that movie, so I'm a spoiler. If you hadn't seen the movie, you hadn't seen it. H John Candy is in it.
Speaker 4: No with cow In that movie, at the end, they're like, hey, they they have their winner and they but then there's a discussion because there's a guy who leads it. I don't know who who it is, but he, you know, he's that they I don't know. He's the guy who takes the votes and has to be the messenger. I'll just call him the sergeant or the commissioner.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 4: So they congratulate yourself. The guy who wins the new pope, he's he's you know, in his room getting ready. They still don't know yet, and one guy comes up to the guy who's the messenger and has got to tell everyone that he wins. Goes, hey, there was an operation or there was a there was a consultation, a doctor's appointment. There's a lot going on. I don't know if there's an operation or not. Well, it turns out the pope who wins in conclave was born.
Speaker 1: With are you having a stroke? Female genitalia? Did you try to carefully say this? Did you turn the pope death into a movie review? Because I thought you were sick, because I thought you were saying like you were describing. All Right, the one who doesn't get it has to bring their playbook down and meet with that guy Turk. Bring your Bible talk to Turk.
Speaker 4: So the Turk learns, even though it's the guy he kind of wanted to learns Oh no, can we have a trans pope? And that's part of the discussion that's going on, because this pope was one of the first, maybe the first pope to be widely accepting of the gay population.
Speaker 1: The one who's gone.
Speaker 4: He was seen as yes, Pope Francis was seen as kind of the wild ass, pope.
Speaker 1: He DJed in a lot of clubs.
Speaker 4: And they think it's gonna turn the other way on the next pope, They're probably not going to have one that's like cool with the gays.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, and there is a big conservative backlashing. I'll say this, Uh, trans Pope definitely sounds like an Electric six song. Well, so here's the.
Speaker 4: Thing about that movie. I was surprised that was the thing because I thought the entire movie the guy had sex with a turtle.
Speaker 1: You gotta watch it tonight. Yeah, and you guys should probably tune in. Okay, but you mentioned John Littgow, John Littgow or Michael Kine. John Lithgow one hundred percent, not even close. You're better than Michael Kaine. Yeah, he's Lord Farquaad and Shrek Win or Winner. Yeah, he was also uh, you know in garp John Litthgow or Gene Hackman John Litzgal. All right, there's a test. I can't believe you answer, so you're wrong in both cases. All right, coming up next, Uh, be sure to join us as we talk MAVs during the final stretch last thirty minutes of the show. We talk MAVs with you, right, here on Eagle. All right, we got about thirty minutes left to go in the show. We're gonna spend it all talking about the MAVs and the Lucas situation. A big bombshell article dropped today from Tim McMahon on ESPN. You had Tim Kay article, You've had Mark Stein, and then you had another press conference. This time it was just Nico talking to the media here and he answered question for questions for about twenty five minutes. A couple of those questions not that good. Some of those questions pretty good. I had wished it would gone on longer, but it just would. He would have been a pinata out there just getting killed if it had gone longer. Yeah, and I think, you know, from a Nico perspective, the fact that no one asked him anything about those articles and he didn't have to go on record about it was a win for him. I don't understand that. I don't understand, and again, not being critical, I guess I am, but I'm not. Look. I wasn't there but for the people that went there specifically to ask questions. Tim McMahon basically wrote today that you know that there was a key moment that fractured the relationship between Luca and his team and Dirk. As he was pointing it out when Casey Smith was fired and he was fired, he was so respected and Tim McMahon makes it look like like Casey Smith was fired because uh Nico was threatened by him, and he fired him while he was over Zoom, while he was visiting his mother who was passing away, and he lost Dirk at that moment and probably lost Luca at that moment, and things were massively fractured, and that did none of the There was no questions about that that came up at this thing. He uh, you know, if I'm him at this point, I'm moving on. I'm not talking about that. I mean, I like, there's not gonna be another chance for him to be in front of the media except maybe on Draft Day. And you right, and so when draft day gets here, we're going to be in late June, so you know, it's not going to be a story anymore. And so again I'm if I'm looking at it from his perspective, he's got to be like, great, nobody asked me about this. Here's how I feel about all this. I feel that with Mark Cuban, it felt like the MAVs were a small family owned business. I know they're not. They weren't. And the you know, obviously he had his own issues, but I loved it. I preferred it, and I miss it. But it felt like a family owned business. A super passionate MAVs fan is running it. He's one of us. He just happens to be a billionaire. Felt like a family owned business. This field's colder and more corporate. And there was a moment in this press conference where Nico said, everything we do is without emotion, and it goes through the lens of process. Do you have that audio? All right, let's take a listen. Oops, wrong thing. I love a good drum, Pill said, locked on maps. You said that. Patrick Jumott initially laughed at you when you brought him the Luca trade. What did you say to convince him to approve it?
Speaker 9: It wasn't really it wasn't really a laugh. It was more of a chuckle, but.
Speaker 1: Really it was just I'd set it out of the blue.
Speaker 9: And then as we started talking more, I gave him reasoning behind it. And you know, we're a very process oriented organization and everything we do is without emotion and goes through the lens of process, and so once we had those substantive discussions, then he saw the vision.
Speaker 1: All right, if you're going to operate the organization with that emotion, it really just comes down to whether you win or lose. It's a corporate, cold blooded mindset. It's like everything is a spreadsheet. But when it's emotion, there's some emotions are really valuable in these situations, even from a business and marketing standpoint, like loyalty, things like that, like passion, and if you're just gonna, I mean, that's the problem. Like if you're a knee co and you're like, man, I just want to win a championship in the next two years. I don't care about the history of this organization. I don't care about the future of this organization. I'm going to be judging if I win a championship in the next two years, then maybe this trade makes sense to go for it like this. But if you care about the history of the organization, and you care about the future of the organization, and you care about the emotions of fans, you don't ever do this. Yeah, I would say like the things that he says, and sometimes you can say things in a way that you don't intend them. Like earlier we played the clip of him saying it was awesome when he was getting you know, you know, like sometimes you're not articulating things the way that you want. He may have been trying to say, we don't make emotional decisions, which is different than we don't factor in emotion, but regardless, that's how it came off. And the way that he's explaining himself to me very much reminds me of the way CEOs explain things when they run corporations. And usually if you look at the lifespan of a CEO in a major corporation, it's usually these periods of time and then they go on to the next corporation. And so that's what's being communicated right now, and how it's being received very much feels like that he's doing he's speaking in CEO corporate tone terms, and that's definitely the way that it's being perceived.
Speaker 4: I want to get this correct because I don't want to misinterpret what he says. But Bobby Carella, who's now at d LLS, used to work for the mass forever for a long time. His mom worked for the MAVs since the eighties. He very much cares about the Mavericks. A very good tweet this morning, and it was basically the point of this is the guy who has said multiple times he's here for three years, but nothing really more than that, which maybe that's Nico just saying that's how long my contract is. That That was another point this is i'm'ta read his sweet now, so I don't screw it up here. He has explicitly said he plans to finish out his contract and reportedly has no interest in continuing beyond them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cato wrote that, right, Okay, so I didn't know if Kato wrote that that that. I believe that was in the DLLs article, that he has no intention of being, you know, extending his contract. That's an amazing thing. Again, I would have loved if Cato could have been there to ask him that way. Record, and again, you don't want the steward of your whole spaceship being a guy who's out in three years because he doesn't care what happens to it after that. Presumab blah. I'm putting you know, but I'm just saying, you want, you want checks and balances. There should have been one other person they could have talked to with experience before they pulled the trigger on that trade. Well, I agree with you, Ben, But the problem with that is that person generally is the owner of the franchise. Yeah, it is the owner of the franchise's job to because again, like Nico can say he wants to do anything he wants, but if the owner doesn't let him, that's the owner doesn't let him. Ask Donnie Nelson what it was like working with Mark Cuban. Sure, you know, you can't just go do whatever you want. And so the whole point is that Patrick Dumont had the ability to say no, and he chose to believe in Nico and since then has said several times in Nico we trust and unless that has changed, which again that's the point of Team tim Cato's article, nobody has really seen that publicly, No one knows, right, all we know is that he has said and Nico we trust. And so you would believe that, especially based on the way it was presented today. It's the inexperience of the owner and it's a short term vision of the GM. But all the all Patrick Dumont had to do is called Dirk. Yeah, all he had to do is say, hey, you know what, you're the most important maverick of all time? What do you think about this? Right? And I'm sure it's Dirk. Dirk told his sister on that podcast and it has translated in German that he wouldn't have done that. Yeah, all right, we're not finished yet. In just over three minutes, we'll be back to wrap up this conversation and wrap up the show. Don't go anywhere. It's the Been and Scan Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, you know, today has been a weird day because a big article came out and then there was a press conference and it was all MAV related and so really all throughout the show we've been balancing around from the articles about the end of the season and the press conference with Nico, Harrison and Kat. You've gone in there and chopped up a lot of this audience. So we're gonna end the show today with our final thoughts on all this, any of the audio that we haven't hit yet that people need. I thought this is a very pointed question. Why are you betting against Luca?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it is more about Adie than than you know, I'm not gonna bet against uh uh luc or speak negatively towards them. He's not here anymore. But it's the belief that I have and the guys that are in this locker room.
Speaker 4: I mean, the question was kind of off Mike, so I didn't leave it in there. There was one that was that one with Noah. He had a series of questions. Yea yet Yeah, he had a series of questions and then he he continued on off Mike.
Speaker 1: Can I hear that one more time?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah, it's it's is more about Adie than than you know. I'm not gonna bet against uh uh Luke or speak negatively towards them. He's not here anymore. But it's the belief that I have and the guys that are in this locker room.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The question was, you know, betting against Luca to win a championship. Yeah, And we kind of talked about this earlier.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 1: It's like, you can't you know, he he can get fine if he go. If he went out there and then went on this diet tribe about how Luca can never win a championship. He's talking about a player that's not on his team anymore. Yeah, he can't talk about him. But man, I just worry that Nico's stuck in good old day syndrome because you know, he came up around Kobe and you know the players like this and players that he's familiar with. People want their own people, right, their own guys, their own guys. You know, it's the idea of Nolan. Ryan wanted his own guy, didn't want John Davis wanted his own guy. People want their own people that they worked with, that they're familiar with, their jobs on the line. That's what it just it's hard for us to fathom because no one can make sense of it. He just wanted a D. He wanted a D and he wanted Kyrie. And he goes back with those guys and believes he can win with those guys. And you know, again, you know I said this earlier. You know, we talked about it's up to the ownership group, if it's a group, or in the case of Cuban, if it's a person, they're the ones that are this wards of the franchise, right, and so it's really not up to Nico to think about the team. In five years, he's in a position where he gets replaced. He's thinking about himself and what is best for himself, which is what coaches do, which is what it's up to the ownership group to think about the long term benefit or damage to the team. And they were too new to know any better. It might as well be a cricket team. They're too new to know, and it just so happened. The infrastructure was set up where there were no checks and balances. They don't know anything. They're just saying, we trust Nico man. We just got to the finals. We trust this guy. Wait what? And by the way, that recreation that Ben just did is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Solona, Texas. And we should let you know that we had a very successful sumo crawl. You know, tomorrow. Can we talk about the sumo crawl? Yeah, we'll talk about it tomorrow, But we should let everyone know that there is live, free sumo wrestling at roller Town and Solana all day and night on Saturday. It'll be from about ten am to about seven pm or around that. So come watch actual sumo wrestling on Saturday, and then an incredible after party that includes sumo karaoke, and then let me just say, on Friday, the Bend and Skin show will be at Rollertown Beer Works. We're gonna be doing the show there and then afterwards we're gonna have the Sumo team draft and it is really it's gonna be a scene. So yeah, So this Friday, we're doing the show at Rollertown Beer Works and the Sumo draft immediately following. So join us out there three to six on Friday and stick around for the party afterwards.
Speaker 4: Okay, back to no, it looked like a fun time.
Speaker 1: I think we had some roller Town on the fridge airwork.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I wanted to do this one because Tim McMahon's article discussed in great detail the Mavericks medical staff situation. There is some names of guys I really had never heard of because you know, but I'm sure you knew a lot of them. You get the football player of the old football guy Belton, I do know him well. The other guy Billsborough.
Speaker 1: I do not know that guy. There's a lot of I've never met that guy and I was unaware of him until very recently. But that's okay, dude, I don't travel with the team. I very rarely train, and when I do travel with the team, I'm not on the team plane. So there's a lot of stuff that I'm not privy to. So that yeah, but again that was the name I had not even heard.
Speaker 4: Again, if you haven't because you had to go to work this morning and you've been working all day, and I get but if you want to, you know, tonight, pull out your phone or whatever. Read the Tim McMahon article. There is a point and that discusses the new medical staff over the past couple of years, Luca and having his own uh you know, training guys as well. And mac Ingle asked a question at the press conference today. I thought this was a good question, and I want to play.
Speaker 10: Quite a bit of speculation that one of the reasons that you made the trade was that you guys just couldn't get along. He saw things and his team saw things. Thing, He's going to do it this way and you wanted him to do it that way?
Speaker 12: True or not?
Speaker 9: No, you know, I worked at Nike for twenty years and there's there's like superstars they have they have teams around them, and you have to cater to them and that's part of the job and they've earned it. So I don't worry about getting along with people. I can work with anybody.
Speaker 1: By the way, I thought Mac was good with his question. Always good Max's straw too, and Mac made Nico laugh when he said, are you having fun to Yeah? Yeah, it was interesting. Got me. Look, it's obvious Luca is a mega star. He had his own training team, very much like other like Tom Brady, Anthony Davis does, right, Kyrie Rye. And you know, he's basically immediately starts talking about dealing with the team, not getting along with the player. Yeah, He's like, yeah, I'm used to. You know, superstars have their own team. You got to work with those teams. You got to cater to them. And he knows that. And by the way, he's been a part of that right, like that includes Nike. Yeah, you know, so he understands that that landscape. Okay, now this is what's interesting to me.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about I'm just reading this from Typical Man's article today. According to more than ten team sources, there was a situation where Billsboro and Belton got into a heated confrontation. Okay, that began in the trainer's room at the practice facility, and then continued.
Speaker 1: Into the light room. Guy, I'm just imagining it in my head. It sounds awesome.
Speaker 4: Harrison did not reply to a question about the incident or several others regarding the Health and Performance group.
Speaker 1: By the way, in Cato's article, he said that there was footage of that and that human resources had to get involved. Wow. Oh yeah, like security camera footage. Yeah, Oh my god. I apparently those two guys shared an office space or something, and so those guys were on opposite teams health teams. They're both for the Mavericks, and they're just button heads. They don't agree, and they're currently both there.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh okay, now this is a confusing part of the article. On November twenty ninth, the day before the fifth and final game, he set out this is when Luca had the wrist injury. That was really a getting shape type thing. A television in the media room at the mass practice facility was tuned into a close circuit feed of Daunchet scrimmaging with low minute players and staffers launching long jumpers on almost every offensive possession. When a team employee noticed the feed, they changed the channel, quickly saying they were unsure how it became available. The feed has not been shown in the media room since a lot of people were asking questions about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand.
Speaker 4: We're going, what's What's the point is the idea that they were why is it Matt like they were watching him practice.
Speaker 1: To do that. My takeaway from that is the way that Tim portrayed that is that it was in a particularly good look that Lucas just out there just chunking up shots, playing half assed. That's that's my perception of how he wrote that, and so it's like, this is not good for media to watch. I will change the channel. Okay, that's my perception of what he wrote that rehab. Seriously, Tim would have to speak on that. That's how I read it, but I could be way off basic that's been That's been one sticking point of this article. I've seen a lot of people go, oh, what is this about? So yeah, I think within the greater context too, where Tim was painting a picture that the team wanted him to rehab one way and his side wanted him to rehab another way. Because the way that the articles written narrative wise, they wanted him on that trip. They refused to be on that trip, and he got traded while they were on that trip. But yeah, yeah, you see what I'm saying. Yeah, it's all part of a greater narrative. Yeah, I've choose to believe it.
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, sure, sure, Well I think that's it for to day. I'm sure there'll be more tomorrow because there's always new stuff.
Speaker 1: There is always new stuff, And I actually can't wait to talk about Sumo tomorrow. Yes, that was so much fun. All right, thank you for hanging out with us today. We will be back tomorrow. We'll talk a little Sumo, we'll talk a lot more until then, stick around more music right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle