Speaker 1: Minnesota Goodbye. Bailey's not here today. Bailey is you know, Ohio, and she was crossing into Indiana a couple of hours ago, and she'll be back on the show tomorrow and on the Minnesota Goodbye. So today it's just me and Jenny. Hi.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi Dave, Hello.
Speaker 1: Morning show. Love. The show is always, says Dara. I've noticed recently that the Dave's Dirt stories are now read by everybody and not just Dave. Is that an intentional shift and is there a reason behind it? Yes, it is very intentional, basically because I just want to mix it up and basically, Vaunt and Jenny know as much, if not more, about all the show biz stuff that I do, and it just kind of adds a little variety to it to get you know, I mean, if I'm talking about Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber, honestly, I care a little bit, not a lot. But maybe Jenny knows more about it than me. So genu winill handle stories that are more important to her and Vaunt and you know, and we mix it up a little bit. I think it's more fun that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is more fun.
Speaker 1: Okay. A couple random questions for everybody to maybe spark some discussions. Number One, my husband and I are constantly scrolling the stations on TV, and for both of us, whenever specific movies come on, we just can't move past them and always watch what would be yours. Mine is the holiday and my husband's is the day after tomorrow, So in other words, you scroll through it, you stop and watch it every time. I would say probably around Christmas time. I see a lot of Christmas Vacation on, I stop and watch that one, regular vacation. If I see Back to the Future on, I'll stop and watch that one. And off the top of my head, those are probably my primary movies that I would stop and watch, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: For me, it would be Forrest Gump, not because I, like, you really want to watch it, and like obviously I worked at Bubba Gum for forever, but it's just because it's one of those movies you can have on in the background and if you're kind of scrolling looking for something, it's like, oh, this is good enough, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I think we all have movies that will stop and watch. So yeah, good question, Dara. Next question, car, SUV, crossover or truck what's your preference. I've been driving a truck for the longest time, and I think my next vehicle might be an suv crossover. I drive a Sedan. I don't need an suv anymore because I don't have anybody to carry around. I don't have kids anymore, I don't carry around a lot of stuff. So I save a little gas money by driving a Sedan, a little four door Sedan, and I like it. And I'm not a car guy, so I'm never gonna be like, oh, I want to get the brand new twenty twenty five whatever Trailblazer because I'm not a car guy. You also have an suv, though, don't you.
Speaker 2: Jenny Well, mid size suv. Yeah, so a smaller one. But yeah, that's what I have. And I've never really had access to trucks before, so I couldn't honestly say which one I would want more. I probably would prefer a smaller vehicle, like a mid sized suv versus a big ass truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't have any reason to drive a big ass truck. We don't tow anything, we don't have a lot of stuff to carry around, so yeah, I mean, I see people driving the big ass trucks and you know the ones with like that they're lifted or whatever, and it's like, Okay, that's cool. But I think you got to be a car person to really get into something like that. Yeah, I'm just not a car person. I'll tell you a quick story. Back when I was first making good money, I leased a Porsche and it was ridiculous. I didn't have like other expenses besides rent, so I'm like, I'm gonna rent a I'm gonna lease a Porsche. And I think it was nine hundred dollars a month for a portion nine to eleven Carrera too. It was black, and it had the spoiler on the back that when you went over fifty or sixty miles an hour, the spoiler would automatically raise. And it was so cool.
Speaker 2: You thought you were so cool.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought I was so cool. And Julie, Julie my axe chases mama. She grew up rich, so she had a Porsche nine to eleven Carrera too, So we just thought we were so cool, like, you know, driving around Phoenix and our Portia Carreras. And then about three months in the novelty war off. Yeah, and I didn't I didn't care anymore because again, I'm not a car guy, and I'd sit there to stop light and people would pull up next to me and look in to see who's driving this expensive car, and I'd be like, what the fuck are you looking at me for? Oh, it's the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when I traded it in, I was very I'm not traded it. But when the lease was over, I was very happy it was over, because you know, it just wasn't me. Yeah, now a thing, all right? Next one, did you ever make a decision on the War the Roses being new two times a week? Dave suggested last week, but wasn't sure if a decision was ever made. That is staff writer Darra. I think we are going to do War the Roses twice a week because we have so many that are coming in lately. There must be a lot of cheating going on in the Twin Cities because we have well summertime. Yeah, you know, we have an we have an email like probably into submission every single day, and a lot of them don't pan out. A lot of them we call, they don't answer the phone because by the time we get a hold of them, they don't want to do it. Or it's not. They're really shy about being on the radio. So but we probably could do it twice a week.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Jenny, Yeah, we definitely could, so that will make it happen soon.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. This is Sharis and she is talking about I don't normally write back to back, but after hearing the day's bizarro corner Big Dick Derek tight pants story, I had to share mine. If you missed it last week, a woman called in and said that she worked somewhere and a guy named Derek gets up like a couple of times a week and does a presentation and you can see his dong inside of his very tight pants and he's like really well gifted, and she said it's very comfortable, so they nicknamed him Big d Derek. I worked at the Bollaggio. A guy used to stop by the poker room every day with little gift chocolates, apple juice, whatever, asking me out. Nice guy, not unattractive, but I just wasn't interested. Then one day he came in wearing some very tight jeans. He sat right in front of me, legs open, and let's just say the bulge was unmissible. I lost all concentration. When he asked me out again, what do you think that? She said, Jenny, Hell yeah, she said, I said yes on the spot. Fast forward thirteen years now, I have a daughter named Logan, all thanks to those jeans in that bulge. Love you guys, all right. I really thought she was going to say no, that didn't do it for me, But apparently she was attracted to the bulge and everything's worked out since then.
Speaker 2: He had her eye. Wow, how good for her? Good for her.
Speaker 1: I really didn't know that that was important because I've heard that women don't really there. I've heard that they're visually attractive but not but then it's kind of what you do with it kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I am not the type of person who immediately notices, Like you'll see a video on Instagram and everyone and it's viral because of their big bulge and I'm like, oh, well, why is this guy jump rope? And like what is his skills? I don't always notice it right away, so maybe that says something about me, but like, I don't know. For me, I'm not the person that's like, yeah, did you see the bulge in his pants? I like, I look at people's face, Dave, Okay, I look at their faces.
Speaker 1: Sure no, Sure, Well I think it's kind of like guys will notice boobs. Yeah, I would never be like, yeah, she was okay. I liked her a little bit. Then she came in with a low cut shirt on, and wow, I was that that's not me. I just yeah, but I'm glad, Scharis. I'm glad that you are a size queen and it worked out for you. Next one, I saw Dave's thicker doppelganger in Florida today. I'm from Minneapolis, but I haven't lived there for a while. And so anyway, she attaches a picture of a guy that looks like me, and he does. I mean, he does look like me, but he's got a double chin. I'm very lucky at my age that I don't have the saggy, flappy turkey neck little gobbler. Yeah, don't have that at all. So the guy does kind of look like me, but he's he's definitely got the gobbler going on. I do.
Speaker 2: I have a funny story to tell you from this weekend. So I go to this housewarming party and I see this guy and I think it's this guy that I used to play kickball with. So it's like, oh my gosh, hey, and he goes, yeah, hi, and he goes Emma, and I go Pat. Neither of us were the people we thought that they were.
Speaker 1: Okay, he thought funny.
Speaker 2: I thought he was this guy played kickball when his name I think was Matt, not Pat, but it was not the guy. And then he thought I was a girl who went to Augsburg College with him named Emma. And so we both just started laughing and we're like, wow, we really thought each other was someone different. Not really, I mean a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we laughed.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't like that, No, no, no, no, I just was like saying hi because I thought I knew who he was. But so we laughed about it and then we talked about it later with other people and whatever. But yeah, it was just like it was funny that we both thought the other person was someone else.
Speaker 1: That is funny. I mean for you to think that and him to think that that is very funny, very rare. Eh. Let's see. Yeah, No, that's about the dog. There's a lot of tips about Bernie barking in his kennel. Oh yeah, and I appreciate that. I'm not going to read a lot of them on the air, but I do appreciate them. One of the valuable things that somebody said was give them a sedating kind of a treat. So about a half an hour before bedtime. You know Bernie the dog, he is great, We love him so much. He's just the sweetest. But he gets in his kennel and he barks. The other day he barked for forty five minutes and not constant, but like every five seconds or ten seconds, and you think he's done, and then he barks again, and he doesn't. He only does it when he's in his kennel at night. So somebody said, give him like a sedating treat. That has helped a little bit. Time has helped a little bit, and and then throwing in a piece of clothing was something else that helped a little bit too, And Susan did that last night. So that's good. But somebody said, why do you want to keep him in a kennele anyway? And that's a really good question. I think the reason we want to keep him in a kennle is because we don't know him very well yet. Yeah, we don't want him freely wandering on the big main floor. He doesn't like stairs, so he doesn't go upstairs or downstairs, so he'd stay on the main floor. But I don't know him well enough yet to make sure he wouldn't chew a hole in the couch, or that he wouldn't poop everywhere. He also has a runny stomach, as we call it. Yeah, so, and we just don't, you know, So we just don't trust him. And I don't know that we're absolutely doing the right thing by making him get in the kennel when he doesn't want to. We don't have to force him in. We throw a treat in and he goes in after it, but then he starts to bark.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I'm obviously not a dog trainer myself, but I do think that it's great to have your dog comfortable in a kennel, just in case eventually you'll probably let him roam the house freely and not have to be kennel. But to be kennel train is a great quality to have in a dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that, like, if you're gonna go I don't know, if you go down to Cole's for forty five minutes, I would trust him then and we have but overnight, I just we're not there yet. Yeah, but you can follow him on Instagram the Bernie Tails Tails, The Bernie Tails. Next email is from Mike from Woodburry at Jenny Fit Club devotee. Do you know Mike from Woodbury?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, hey Mike, what's up?
Speaker 1: Mike writes in it, says Dave, we all hope you'll be spinning tracks and cracking wise for many, many years to come. But let's get real for a second. When the final needle drops and you head off to that big DJ booth in the sky, do you think your career has been Grammy in memoriam worthy. I've seen lesser DJs make the cut no shade, But come on, if you're not all already on their radar, is it too early to start the get Dave in the montage campaign? We can start printing the State Fair t shirts now, asking for a future generation. So I think what he's saying is, at the end of the like the Grammys, they say like, here's all the people that died this year. I don't know that DJs like me are really important in the music industry because we're more like, you know, content entertainment War of the Roses kind of DJs. It's not like I discovered you know. I mean, I discovered Amy but Bobby, But I don't think that that's really going to put me on the radar. I also discovered slow Clap by Gwen Stefani. Nobody liked that song but me. I did discover what was It Say So? By Doja Cat, but then so did everybody else and a couple of other ones. Julia Brennan was my discovery, but I don't think that it's going to put me in the Grammy. Sorry they died this year montage. But Mike, thanks for asking.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean if there was a radio version of that, then you'd be in that, but not for the Grammys.
Speaker 1: I am not even in the Minnesota Broadcasters Hall of Fame. Yeah, so I don't think I'm ever going to make it in there. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That would be literally the biggest shock of my life if you didn't make it in there in the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just don't. I don't know, but I think that there's a lot of people that I don't know. I would love to be in there, but I'm not going to sit here and talk that much about it, because I don't want to make it sound like I'm begging, but please watch your car. I think that's going to kind of do it for the Minnesota Goodbye. So we'll be back tomorrow. And if we miss any of your emails, then don't worry. We'll try to get to them. But i'd love to see an email if you haven't send one in in a while or ever. Send it in. That is the heart of the Minnesota Goodbye. Send it into Ryanshow at KDIWB dot com because we'd love to have your thoughts and input in stories and ideas and weird questions or whatever on tomorrow's Minnesota Goodbye. Ryanshow at KDWB dot com