Speaker 1: Coming up before eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: GB used a word recently to describe what living in Austin is like, and I've used it with several of my friends and they all say, oh my gosh, that's the perfect word.
Speaker 1: Tricia experienced it on Friday night.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember what that word was.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a little bit. Okay, all right, we'll get to that in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: But first, Tricia and I had been invited to something this weekend that I initially had put.
Speaker 1: My foot down that I am not going to.
Speaker 2: And Tricia has kind of convinced me that maybe I I.
Speaker 1: Should go, not should go. But it's not as bad as I think.
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's what we initially thought.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: Number one, And I think you'll look like a real heel if you don't show up, because from what I can tell, you'd be the only dude not showing up.
Speaker 2: All right, what it is is a couple's baby shower. I thought I was well fringe, yes, gosh, well past my days of either one of us attending a baby shower of our friend, of one of our friends.
Speaker 3: Who's older than us, one of your friend's.
Speaker 1: Kids, right, nope, nope.
Speaker 2: One of our friends who's older than us is having a baby.
Speaker 5: What ps moved up his hip replacement surgery before the birth of the baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Our old neighbor dou Wa Daryl.
Speaker 5: Our daughter couldn't say Darryl. She called him dou Wa. So that's what we call him.
Speaker 1: What is he sixty three or four?
Speaker 3: Three sixty four having a baby.
Speaker 2: Having a baby, and having a couple's baby shower?
Speaker 1: Lait? How old is the demonish't younger?
Speaker 3: Late late thirties maybe yeah, and women are definitely having kids later yeah quite a bit. But yeah. But here's what I think it really is.
Speaker 5: I think them labeling it couples, I think they couple's baby shower messed it up. But now I understand why. So we lived out on the lake for like thirteen years. We have a whole community of friends out there, and our friend girl who's having the baby, lives out there too, and it's people out there that are throwing this shower. I think they called it a couple's baby showers, so it wasn't just for the girls, right, but also based on the fact that fifty seven people have already RSVP to be there on Saturday makes me think that it's really a party, a get together, because we know like twenty five of the people that are going to be there.
Speaker 4: At all fire people in the world at a certain age you thin the herd, and yeah, how do they know that many people.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised that it's that many people.
Speaker 5: But all it does is convinced me that it's not a bunch of girls or a small group of people. We're not going to be trying to figure out how big her belly is, using toilet paper rolls, or eating fig blindfolded, eating baby food trying to identify the flavor.
Speaker 3: It's not going to be that kind of a baby shower.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, it just happens at these things.
Speaker 2: It's what happens is the crowd just it's into the girls on one side and the guys are outside.
Speaker 3: That's what we are watching whatever sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watching the NHL playoffs this week, right, go Stars. By the way, I'm on the bandwagon all stars.
Speaker 5: He I think though, again based on the people who have rs VP, that they're going literally, of that group of our friends out there, you'll be the only guy not there. Can we take two cars no, no, no, Actually I don't care or not.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take two cars that way I can leave.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna leave. All your buddies are going to be out there. I guarantee there's probably barbecuing going on.
Speaker 1: I hope that should be consulting me.
Speaker 5: I hope our one friend brings that smoked salmon that he makes so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, are.
Speaker 1: There on the list?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jim Brown was a big donator to bikes for kids back and then thank you big.
Speaker 4: So how did I mean have you talked to your friend about the I mean, what it requires is a child physically at its age.
Speaker 3: I think that's why he moved up his hip erplaces.
Speaker 4: I was thirty five when my daughter was born, and I felt that was caushionably.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I was thirty seven when we had Landry. Sandy was almost forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was almost forty when she was born.
Speaker 4: And you were You were on the higher end right among the other dads, weren't you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Our school with Landry and her friends were the oldest parents by far. Oh yeah, by far, the oldest by far.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a couple's baby shower, it's but it's.
Speaker 2: Not really a bab it's a get together of old friends celebrating the birth of Darryl's child.
Speaker 3: They should have called it a baby party.
Speaker 5: That's what they should have called it, not a couple's baby shower.
Speaker 3: Darryl and it's a girl.
Speaker 1: Oh it is.
Speaker 3: It's a girl. Yeah, they already do the big reveal party. I don't know. I just know they know.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a side story here. Side story.
Speaker 2: Friend of ours is a guy that he's a we had some painting died at the house. And he's a guy we've known forever. It's a funny story. And uh, you know, you get to know people over the years and you catch up with him when they do work for you and stuff. And he was telling me that he he has five kids, right, and he's kind of getting the story about his daughter was graduating from college and all this stuff, and and I go, yeah, five, he goes, yep, four girls, And I immediately said wow. And he's a Hispanic dude. I go, man, four kingsoniras he goes, yeah, I know. Anyway, so he's telling me the story. He goes, so after the fourth girl, Uh, his wife got fixed. Okay, to not have any more kids. But then what it's.
Speaker 3: Called, Yes, you get dogs fixed.
Speaker 1: Well, tubes tied doesn't sound much better.
Speaker 2: It's a little better. Okay, So she got her tubes tied. Then she changed her mind one to have a kid. So they so, he said, so we went in vitro route to do it. And he said, he goes, he goes after four girls. I pay extra to put boy inside of her. He didn't care what I pay an extra for a boy.
Speaker 3: That boy is going to cost you less than the wrong long run, if you pay your gender.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you're right. So anyway we're going. I guess I'm got what time is this? A Saturday?
Speaker 3: At noon?
Speaker 1: Noon?
Speaker 3: Noon on Saturday?
Speaker 1: All right? I hope their food's good.
Speaker 3: Oh it will be. I think it will be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so too. All right, Well, good luck to you, Darryl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck Darryl, sixty five.
Speaker 2: Year old man with a baby, an infant. I just the thought of that, and anybody listening right now, yeah, is.
Speaker 1: Thinking the exact same thing.
Speaker 5: Oh and at some point we have to tell JB about our robot baby that Landry brought home over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, save that for tomorrow. Oh we haven't. Phil jen On Matt her growth and Development in the Road for a class. Oh yeah, I got to hear about that.
Speaker 4: It's funny when I I've known people that you know, guys that that you know, get remarried and it's a younger, much younger second wife and they have a whole second family, And I'm like.
Speaker 1: No way, I would say that for that. No, I'm out, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Do I want another family? No?
Speaker 4: This first one about kill me, killed me, and i was one kid and one wife and I'm barely surviving that.
Speaker 3: To start all over again from scratch, no.
Speaker 1: Way, no way.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: Coming up a couple weeks ago, JB used the perfect word to describe what it's like to live in Austin. I've used that word with several of my friends and they all say that it's perfect. Tricia experienced it on Friday Night with her girlfriends. We'll tell you what that's all about. Coming up on Austin's eighties State three point one.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago, we were talking about what it's like to live.
Speaker 2: In Austin right now with all the construction going on and all of the road closures. It's like the city got this money approved to make improvements in Austin, and they said, let's do it all at once, every single bit of it, from north to south and east to west. Let's do it all at once. It inconvenience everybody at the same time, make it all painful. At the same time.
Speaker 4: We have purchased every orange barrel on Amazon in the entire world.
Speaker 2: And so JB had the perfect word for describing what it's like, and I used it. I was driving home from I was going from listen to this trip, played golf at Spanish Oaks on Saturday. Spanish Oaks to Cedar Park. That's a hall, right, that's a hall. And a buddy of mine was driving and I said, you know, JB used the perfect word to describe driving and living in Austin. The word is unmanageable. Yep, oh, that's Eddie's like, dude, that is the perfect world.
Speaker 5: That's what I said when you said it a couple of weeks ago, is like, that's.
Speaker 1: The word, right, And you lived it on Friday night.
Speaker 3: I did on Saturday night.
Speaker 5: Remember, I was supposed to go Friday night, but those crazy storms came through Friday, so we ended up going out Saturday night with a couple of girls to dinner, and it was beautiful weather. Those storms Friday night blew in this kind of cold front, like perfect outdoor weather. So we live in Cedar Park. My friend lives on South Lamar on Blue Bonnet Lane.
Speaker 3: Oh that's my daughter's neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's on a Saturday at four point thirty.
Speaker 3: It was an awful drive. It took over thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: For some reason, GPS routed me down Caesar Chavez to go across in up Lamar.
Speaker 3: When I was like, I.
Speaker 5: Was arguing out loud with my GPS, like, oh did you Barton Spree left Urn, Yes.
Speaker 1: I hate the power plant. That's the power plant. I never remember the name of that street.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: And at the last minute, when I could either go straight to the Barton Springs exit bart Hill's exit or take the Caesar Chavas exit.
Speaker 3: I was yelling. And as soon as I got.
Speaker 5: On Caesar Chavas that all the traffic got backed up. And then I was pissed at myself that I followed the GPS. But I got up and I did the little jig. I go up a couple of miles. I mean, Lamar is packed. Lights. The pedestrian lights make me nervous. People walk, you know what I mean. It was just a lot. We get there and we want to go to Laura. Have you been to Laura JB.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love Laura.
Speaker 3: That place is great, great outdoor seating, the Asian Fusion barbecue. Yes, it's so good.
Speaker 5: And it was perfect whether to sit outside and I am not an outside eater by any stretch. So we get in the car, back in my car because I was my car was most convenient. We drive down Lamar. Takes us well to get down it. We get in that parking lot and the line is unbelievable. The wait is over an hour and fifteen minutes. Everybody had the same idea. Then it took us about fifteen minutes just to get out of the Laurel parking lot back on the Lamar and we just finally just settled for Maddis right there by Lamar Union.
Speaker 3: Oh, the old, the old Madi. I love that Maddis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fun. I love at the feel of that Modis. It looks exactly the same as it always has.
Speaker 4: That that bar has like five seats. Yeah, so tiny, brother lot, my brother in law, Carston is one of them all the time.
Speaker 3: Really, I wonder if he was there. He sat on the path. John the bartender there and makes a mean margarita, big old guy with a beard.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, guy real tall, Okay, so big. It was definitely a tall guy for some reason my brain he had a beard. But we sat on the patio watched the Kentucky Derby, which was great, but they had the volume turned down, which is a higher level of difficulty understanding the derby when you can't hear the horses name is being called. And they all look the same color because the track was wet, so they're all covered in mud.
Speaker 2: But let me ask a question about this as we discuss kind of difficult unmanageable it is to live in US. Let's say that tomorrow all the traffic, all the road projects were done.
Speaker 1: Is life better some of it?
Speaker 4: Because like what Tricia's talking about with when they're building a whole new complex apartments and condos on Lamar, which they're doing everywhere, every all the task property, they take the whole lane. I don't know if you have to have a certain number of feed of buffer, which is what it must be to construction a setback. Yeah, yeah, it must be something because they're blocking the lane and you're like, why is this whole lane block?
Speaker 3: And it's not like you can put up.
Speaker 4: A you know, twelve story apartment complex overnight.
Speaker 3: It's a two year process. Yeah, it's a long time.
Speaker 1: It's bad.
Speaker 4: I know my daughter's lease is she's near that area. It's up in July, I think early July, and she's like, I gotta get I gotta get away from South Lamar.
Speaker 3: I can't kill it.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit more intense than other areas in the downtown, right, That's what it felt like to me.
Speaker 3: And I used to live over there.
Speaker 5: Never even thought twice about it, but it seemed so much more intenseing.
Speaker 2: Insult the injury for you coming home to Mopek to one three shut down.
Speaker 5: Mopak goes to one lane at one three one lane, it's like ten thirty at night. I just was like, kill me now. And then Sandy has this amazing trick. I almost hate to talk about it because that's something nice about me. No, because then everybody's going to use it. Geez, calm down. If you are stuck on Mopak, if you can get off at the Steck eggs it. There's a dedicated lane that goes from the Stack exit and it is one lane. You stay in that inside lane and it takes you straight onto the one eighty three flyover. Like it's a huge hack for about what a half a mile that you don't sit in traffic. And I got lucky and did that at the last second, or else I'd still be sitting in that traffic I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a barrier between you and mopak that lane, JB. You can't No one can merge over to that lane. It's just like an express lane if you get off a Mopeck at Steck and you just zoom right up to one eighty three.
Speaker 3: Now everyone's going to do it, I know. Now we're going to get stuck out there.
Speaker 1: Now we get a bunch of hate messages. Why did you tell everybody? Why'd you do that?
Speaker 3: But I was so happy.
Speaker 5: I was sitting in traffic, and I was like, thank god I went to the bathroom before I left your house. Like it was just nothing but a sea of tail pressure.
Speaker 1: What nuts had Margarita?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 4: Now, why do you cee your park people not use the train? That you that we built for.
Speaker 2: You, because because then it stops at the convention Center and you got to walk to wherever you're going from.
Speaker 3: There, you got to get all up in the town.
Speaker 4: Austin taxpayers put that in for all your Cedar Park people, stupid, dumb to.
Speaker 3: Help you guys go to town.
Speaker 4: I paid for that so the macleres could go downtown have a sandwich.
Speaker 3: And you don't use it. It pisses me off.
Speaker 2: I got to explore do you need Like do you even know where to get it from here?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Where would you go to get it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean we can jump off at the crossing that's right by our house, jump right on there.
Speaker 3: That's the only place I ever see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know where to get on it or how to get a ticket.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I have no idea, no clue whatsoever. I challenge you both to take the red light rail downtown sometimes.
Speaker 1: All right, will you pick me up at the convention Center?
Speaker 4: No crowded, manageable to get there if.
Speaker 1: You're just joining.
Speaker 2: You know, she missed out on a lot of great stuff today, including the ACL lineup which you talked We talked about JB's massive bruise from his cycling accident, which is horrific. Check our socials later today to see that it's at JB Sandy at X and also on Facebook it's the JB and Sandy Morning Show, so go check that out and more. Use that talkback feature on iHeartRadio app. We love hearing from you. Just tap it, record a message we'll get it, or drop us a text at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred at Austin's eighty station