Speaker 1: Welcome back into the podcast today. I've got Bill Barhyde coming in from Ober today and we're going to be breaking down the Clarity position and what's happening in DC, which is a lot literally as we're recording this, DC is underway for a potential markup. So Bill, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Great to be here, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So, Bill, you have had a chance to well to give our viewers and listeners a little bit of history here around Obra. You shifted and pivoted a little bit of where you guys were in the crypto industry to where you are now. Kind of explain that first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, under the last two different kind of government regimes, we had a lot of differing opinions as to how to operate in the digital asset space. It's just the reality of what we had and our goal all along has been to build what amounts to effectively a crypto banking platform that basically prepares people for the current state and the future state of the digital asset world being able to buy first gen crypto assets bitcoin, ethereum, xrps, you know whatever stable coins are, yield on them, borrow against bitcoin, things like that, and you know, we have this manatra trader and borrow, right. I mean, that's what people would want to do in the digital asset realm. And we've had to modify how we bring those services to market to kind of fit the mold of what is available within the existing regulatory frameworks. And we through a lot of I wouldn't say trial and error, but a lot of like legal work and digging in, we realize that the easiest and most straightful way, not the easiest that's crazy actually, but the most realistic way of offering those services is through the model that we operate under today at AVRO.
Speaker 1: All Right, so the model that you're working on today is a bit different. You've got lending products in there. You're mostly going after high net worth individuals institutions. Do you see the pivot that is happening right now in DC to finally position the rest of the market. We've seen kind of the early adopters moving into the space. Do you think this is the trigger for traditional investors and maybe of all types starting to move into the market.
Speaker 2: Well, it's happening already. So you know, a few things have happened in the last year, and that really matter. I was actually two years that really matter, even before the Trump administration came in, but post Trump administration it's really accelerated. And you know, we've seen the black rock ETFs were a huge catalyst because it sent a message to Wall Street that if you're not focusing on you know, digital assets, you are missing the boat. And it's become their fastest growing products ever. And that's pretty much true for everyone who's released a BITCOINYTF. So that's part one. I would say Part two is we went from the last administration saying everything is a security to recent guidance of interpretation of existing law, even pre Clarity Act, which I'm sure we'll get into. That's no, not everything is a security, and here is guidance on how to think about that, and here's guidance on what to do if something is a security. And that's what we had been asking for in principle all along. Now we kind of surmise that this was where the world had to go, meaning the US Securities and Commodities rules kind of had to go in this direction if any sane you know, layer of oversight was applied, and so we were preparing for that. And so to your point about you know, pivoting how we operate, Right, we formed a wealth advisory Right, we integrated with third party custody service providers, integrate with certain you know, third party qualified custody prime brokers, and we basically built an end to end stack to facilitate services for clients. Again under that mantra of trade eer and borrow, I want to own digital assets, right, I want to earn yield on digital assets, and I want to borrow against the value of digital assets. Same concept from a client's mentality perspective. Maybe foregoing kind of small dollar deposits under this model, but you know, still getting to the promised land.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, and I think this is something we're seeing more active obviously in the crypto space, especially from our audits. We've seen this already right now in terms of the lend borrow tools that you guys have available. What assets kind I borrow against today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Today it's bitcoin, Ethereum and Solana that I can borrow against, and we'll be adding more to that over time. My prediction is in two years we'll be doing more loans against token is stocks than we will against bitcoin. Yeah, and that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: What did you make of anthropics moved. Did you follow this just yesterday where.
Speaker 2: They beware trying to block these secondary sales and secondary sales. This is an ongoing issue, right. It has to do with you know, aligning interests of companies that puts vesting schedules in place, and you know have basically transfer rights issues and and you know, are trying to avoid reaching a circuit. There's different rules that apply when you reach different shareholder numbers, and so all of that creates downstream issues for companies. So so I do get and open eye open AI went through the same thing. I think like maybe eighteen months ago I read where they were basically trying to block companies from creating secondary markets in their shares or tokenizing their shares, which is gives you the net effect of having a secondary market. So it's a complex issue. It can be addressed head on, and you know, but you have to basically want to deal with the issue. If you don't want to deal with the issue because you're a private company and you don't want any disclosures, you want to keep a number of shareholders under a certain threshold, then you're just going to basically say, you know what, we don't support any of this, everybody go away. And that seems to be the position that they've taken so far.
Speaker 1: You think this is going to be a company by company assessment.
Speaker 2: Right now, it is unless the standards change, right. So for for example, you know, now we have a very simple standard for doing financing that's not yet equity, right, the you know safe agreement, right, it's a simple agreement for you know, for future equity or a staff for future tokens. And we may end up with something like that for the ability to have transfer rights in private companies. But the tokenization of everything is actually going to change everything from a trading and custody perspective in the coming months. And so I think this is a short term problem, meaning that it's going to be very very difficult for companies to prevent people who have full ownership of their shares from transferring those shares unless there's some very very explicit agreement that they make early on with shareholders in a in a private company structure that private placements just aren't allowed. Uh and and for some via some legal mechanism can block them, but that doesn't happen, which I think I think is going to become the norm In other words, I think the norm is going to be we're going to have private markets, and we're going to have public markets, and everything's going to be tokenized, and everything's going to be fungible, and everything's going to be tradable twenty four to seven unless you make exceptions.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, well, and I think the advantage to that is kind of like what we're seeing in the market right now. Here's JP Morgan filing for a tokenized money market so, uh, this is a big deal. Eric was talking about this because JP Morgan is inching further into crypto. Pretty low fees in general, pretty stable knap. What do you make of this with JPM coming in, uh to the money market fund? This is an interesting play. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we've we've predicted this is going to happen. We've launched the tokenized field bearing stable coin as well. It's different from from this product. This is more of a traditional money market fund, right, which tends to you know, is a bank product, whereas you know, at what we're doing is a security product, and and and so you get to you get kind of to the same place. Ours is a much higher year. But look, every bank is going to want to do this because when you tokenize a product, you do effectively two things that matter and and and The first is you're representing a work product as a fungible token. Okay, why why is that interesting? Well, that's interesting because it's tradable anywhere, all right, exactly, and and and so, but more importantly than that, you enable infinite distribution. Right, So, if you have a money market product today, as a bank, there's only one place to buy that money market that's the bank that issued it. If you tokenize it, you can issue it, you can you can release it everywhere within the guidelines or the framework of of you know what the banks and the sec allow, plus what you know would be allowed into the Clarity Act.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: But basically, you have significantly broader distribution for your money market product than you do if you're just offering it via your small bank. Now obviously you know JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley's, you know, just launch an ETF. These are not small banks, but every bit sized bank in the country can now offer a a tokenized money market product, create some tweak differentiator that might say, my money market product is a little bit different than theirs, tokenize it, release it, and now Coinbase might have a page or Abra might have a page in our in our wealth management stack that says, here's seventy five different money market products, and our AI Portfolio Allocation tool will decide based upon certain parameters, which, uh, you know which product you should store your cash in? Do you want to use the ABRA USDAF for high yield and here are the risk disclosures for that? Or do you want a treasury money market product? And the difference might be daily liquidity for you know, fifty business points less versus monthly liquidity for fifty basis points more.
Speaker 1: Who knows when you look at the speed in which we're already see this happened. You just stated a few minutes ago that this would be just months around the corners here in terms of token is securities lining up obviously, with Clarity in tow, this could really remake how the US financial markets work. What are you thinking for twenty twenty six will be the big takeaway and let's assume that Clarity gets through. But the big takeaway for later this year, anything that you're watching specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's two, well actually three things that I'm thinking about. You know, this twenty six so far has been a continuation of twenty five. Twenty five was the year of the stable coin circle coming out, et cetera, et cetera. And we're seeing, you know, just a huge number of bank based stable coins being released as a result of Genius Act and inserts its purpose, and the competition is very healthy. The second thing is is now I would call it an essential tension that's evolved in the last ninety days and especially between the bank lobby and the crypto lobby, and that is, you know, some of it's centered around this idea of who can pay yield on on on deposits or cash deposite equivalents, which in this case would be stable coins. And that's that's a great fight because it clarifies a lot of things. Part of the pun, right, So that's the purpose of this act, right, is the clarified. You know, get everybody on the same bus, pointing in the same direction and say, okay, here's the rules of the road, which is what we've actually been asking for for a long time. So I have a very strong feeling about this, and it's probably a little contrarian to my peers, in the space. You know, most crypto exchanges want to act like a bank, but they don't want to be a bank, right, and they think, well, that's the advantage of tokenization is I can act like a bank, and I have. If you're holding someone else's money and you're lending against those deposits, right, you're a bank. And and so having different rules for you know, coin based act thing as a bank and a bank acting as a bank doesn't actually make sense to me. Okay, unless, of course, there's no fractional reserve lending in the system, and then maybe you can use money transmitter licenses and lending licenses and things like that. But this gets very complicated for the audience that I'm gonna make it simple. Okay, If you're Chase, the oversight that you have because your deposits are insured by the taxpayer is enormous, right. I'm you know, I've never seen the team, but I'm gonna go out a limb and say there is a team of occ fdic Finns and staff on site at Chase overseeing the bank, okay, because they don't want to be left holding the proverbial bag if they start doing you know, fraud and all these other things and you know, unrealistic lending practices, risk free lending practices, et cetera, et cetera. Point Base doesn't operate that way. Point Base operates effectively as a large money transmitter, right, which is overseen by myriad state licenses or some kind of you know, occ trust charter. Okay, but it's a very different regime than rating, you know, under a fraction of reserve banking system. And so to tell Coinbase that you know, you can't basically just offer blindly the same services as the bank, actually makes a lot of sense to be right, unless you basically say, hey, I want to be a bank, and that's fine, and now you may operate differently because your assets might be tokenized, but you're a bank. Okay. So so I feel like having this fight was actually very productive, and I've gotten a little bit of a look behind the scenes that who's doing a lot of the drafting and some staffers, and these people are super smart, like they this is not just willy nilly, like hey what do you want? What do you want? Like these people really understand the nuances involved. Because you've got bank, you've got banking regulation, you've got securities regulation, You've got commodities and derivatives regulation, and they all have to reconcile because in the US we create clear delineations between those concepts. And this also let's stop brand in a second, but this also mandates a lot of cooperation between the agencies. If you look at the different sections, you just take a look at the summary sections, and it does actually mandate cooperation. That's always been a hard thing, right between the FED and the OCC and the FDAC and the SEC and the CFTC. Who does what? Who gets to stop somebody from doing something? You know? And and so I like, in very many ways the direction this is going.
Speaker 1: Do you think that with the likelihood that maybe the banks, I guess you could consider, based on what we've seen so far, that they didn't get everything they wanted, do you think they would reposition their lobby efforts towards the OCC in terms of the policy descriptions.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the last ditch effort is Elizabeth Moore and herself, who who is you know, just hell bent on you know, killing any innovation in the banking space that's not self serving. And you know, look, her stated goal is to socialize the banking system. If you tokenize assets and create an infinite number of stable coins, that is the opposite of socializing the banking system. What China has done is socializing the banking system. Everybody gets a social credit credit score. You stay in line. If you don't, your social score goes down, which affects your ability to transact and a commerce at a free society. And and so that is that that's evil to me. Like, I'm not even gonna sugarcoat it's it's not a difference of opinion. Well, it is a difference of opinion, and one side is evil and one side is not. And I've never experienced that in my life because I'm a technologist at the end of the day who happens to understand money and and and so the idea that it's an existential fight of good versus evil is not something I've ever had to deal with before. And yeah, okay, she may be misguided as opposed to like, genuinely evil. I don't know her personally, but but this has to be stopped, right this march towards The best way to stop the methodical march towards a socialized banking system is a decentralized system with no off switch exactly. That's what we represent well.
Speaker 1: And I think this is the thing that really starts to boil down into what's happening right now in DC, just to get everybody on board with this. You are talking about some pretty significant changes right now. Currently, the Banking Committee members have filed over one hundred amendments yep. And this is ahead of you know, this week's market vote, which is tomorrow. Can you imagine the amount of amendments now. I've talked to many lobbyists in DC. I've talked to several of the Senators, and they all tell me one thing, and that is many of these things are ponds in a chess game that they're playing behind the scenes. Is there any area right now that you're concerned that you think is at risk, whether it's DeFi privacy protections, possibly even attack again on the yield side, Where do you see the weaknesses?
Speaker 2: So it's a good question. I think that if you're a operating as an exchange, you're probably going to want federal licensing. As a result of the Clarity Act, it probably weakens the position of states around leveraging money transmission rules and makes it more likely that companies would want to operate under federal regime. Now that having been said, there's a bunch of things in here that create safe harbors, and some of hester Pierce's Piers's ideas around that safe harbor are baked in here, which I find super interesting. And also, I think even independent of that, the SEC and CFTC were already moving in that direction, partially based upon on their ability to interpret existing law, but partially I think based upon their guess work as to where this was this was going. So so I think I can see some states being not too happy about this individually, you know, especially the ones that might be little, say, a little more heavy handed, but there's very little, in my opinion, they can do about that. I think this bill is is very good for consumers. I think it's going to encourage a lot of the offshoring of crypto back on shore. Right. So, I know you're asking about things that would be concerned about, and I'm gonna flip it a little bit and say, the biggest thing I would be concerned about is crypto continuing to move offshore as it relates to providing services to Americans. I mean, you know, if I'm in Dubai. I don't mind buying a service provider who's based in Dubai. But as an American, you know why am I using FTX based in the Bahamas. Well because they couldn't figure out how to operate on shore. Now, now you may say, okay, they were committing fra aud this, that and the other thing. But but the bottom line is is that if I think if you had this, my guess is they would have operated on shore. They wouldn't have done the stupid things they were doing, and all of that mess and bruhaha from Celsius, Block five Voyage or FTX whatever could have been avoided.
Speaker 1: I want to take a minute, guys and just invite you to join the barn Market Edge private member group. You guys can do that by just clicking the link down in our description. This is your insider's edge to the AI and crypto money revolution, which is what we really focus on here on PBN. This is additional research that I do along with our team, and we have a pretty significant team on our research around not only what guides our episodes, but a lot of that research gets built into more content that I drop here on the baron Market Edge. We do market trends and sentiment analysis, which can be anything from tokens to all sorts of strategies. This of course will also guide you over to our Telegram group and we give this as elite community access. You get bonus content over there, including tax guides as well as different kinds of asset guides out there that we drop all the time. This is your ten year vision in action. All you have to do, of course, is just hit that little subscribe button or join the community and get in on it. It's absolutely free, it doesn't cost you a thing, so check it out. Well. That's an interesting point is that the I guess the limitation of our own government not really opening up for one of the most innovative categories and sectors out there early enough has really kind of put us behind the eight ball in terms of innovation. But at the same time you would also argue, well, this is the biggest financial market in the world. We catch up pretty quickly. Do you think the US's position again with clarity getting through. If it does, do you think the US position can truly be a pole position in crypto or do you think we risk losing this to Asia?
Speaker 2: I actually think this strengtion, we leap frog a lot of what others have done via Genius and Clariac, and that is astounding to me. I mean it was dire four years ago. Yeah, for sure, I mean literally dire. I'm not this is not iperble. And so for us to be in a position to leap frog the the industry from a regulatory perspective is not something that I had on my bingo card four years ago. I'll tell you that. Yeah, I was just like, how is the US crypto industry going to survive? Given this mostly illegal onslaught of never ending you know, regulation by enforcement, And this genuinely undoes that and creates a viable framework. And so a couple of examples, right, what does it mean to be decentralized? It defines network tokens clearly, right, which the last you know, under the last administration, everything was as security and so having that clarity right there, you know. And again they do provide text for explicit tests for decentralization in general, and I have no problem with that. If something doesn't have an off switch in general, and I'm giving you my interpretation, it's sufficiently decentralized by definition, because you can't turn it off. So if there's no one you can sue, because it's already out there, it's already on and you can't turn that off. It should be deemed decentralized. And from what I can gather based upon again the intelligent people that I've been working on this, they're trying to build a legal framework that provides legal ease for what I just said in a non legal ese way. And that's great. That's you know again, it's I keep saying the same thing in different ways, but that's what we've been asking for all along.
Speaker 1: Senator Warren came in with forty amendments to your point, not surprising. We thought it might be more. But one is preventing the Federal Reserve from issuing master accounts to crypto companies. Do you think, because again that's you know, securing the shore of what her constituents and donors are really about, do you think that has any potential of making it through?
Speaker 2: And the I think that's absurd, and I think it's probably illegal. I mean, what is a crypto company?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You started the conversation by asking how we pivoted from a legal perspective in terms of how we operate. But if I go get an OCC charter explicitly to operate as a token ized bank, I'm going to have a FED master account and that's just the way the FED operates technically.
Speaker 1: JP Morgan would be a crypto company right now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, That's my point, And so that the whole discussion becomes absurd under this model.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does she? I guess in the position, And I understand you know where you think it's going, but we don't know that it is truly an evil mission of trying to do this to the American financial system. But why do you think we're seeing such such deviation between the really the Republicans of the Democrats right now? It appears that the Republicans seem to be very pro crypto, most of which we've got to get a handful of senators through some very key ones on the Democratic sides. Wouldn't you think that the Democrats would take this as an opportunity and use this to leverage into midterms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple of things going on, right So the reality is there are Democrats that support this, and the biggest problem with the Democrats that support this is Trump. And so there's just this, you know, divide Now it was a similar thing like you know, if you go back fifteen years when when Obama was in office, there was in similar kind of I don't know ideological, I'm not a politician what the right word is, but that divide was basically you know, block block block and we have a similar thing going on right now, block block block And I'll say straight up, you know, as somebody who voted for this administration, you know, launching meme coins owning businesses in the space probably wasn't the best way to start, you know, within the administration. It didn't provide a good look, right, And so yes, I wish they hadn't done that. But the reality is is the good that they've done so far outweighs everything that I might say I wish they hadn't done. It's just to me, it's just it's like dwarfs everything else. And so so listening to them just say block block bloc when I know via one on one conversations from people who are in the know with certain Democrats that they fully support this because they know it's the future. They actually like the technology. Some of them are invested in the technology themselves, and so that's the power of you know, the Elizabeth Warrens of the party who are hell bent, like I said, on socializing the system during the next you know, potential crisis.
Speaker 1: One of the big topics we get into here on this show is really getting debasement, you know, getting away from dollar exposure. You look at some of the things that are happening right now. Is just looking at four X data. I'll bring that up on screen for everybody so you can kind of see what I'm referencing. But this is a good example. This is the share of global foreign currency reserves, which have fallen to its lowest level this century. So to me, when you look at the movement into cryptodigital assets token it is treasuries et cetera. Bill, how long do you think we will be before we really the dollar is no longer the global reserve. Do you think that's in our lifetime?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean the transition is happening now. That's why we saw the run up in gold. Right, So let me break it down from a macro perspective. Right, So, FED tried to low or interest rates I think three times in the last current cycle. Each time. Now when they do that Normally, what's supposed to happen is miny long term rates are supposed to start to trickle down. Right, That didn't happen all three times they spiked. Why why is this happening? Well, this chart is very telling, right, So our debt is simply unsustainable. When you basically create more and more and more of something, right, you reduce scarcity. And unfortunately, in this case, the scarcity of our debt is just going away. We are producing an infinite amount of it, and we've reached a point where the debt servicing is costing us a trillion dollars a year. It's more than the defense budget. Right, so maybe not before Iran, but but certainly before a round it was more than the defense budget. That is untenable if your goal is to be the global reserve currency, because no one is going to support you because eventually demand for your debt is going to not be sufficient versus the supply of debt you're creating. So the only way to deal with that, well, there's two ways to deal with that. The first is not good. That's usually war, and that's what Dalio writes about when he talks about, you know, changing world orders and rising fall of empires, says, look at bond markets, and he's right. But the second thing is interest rates have to skyrocket, right, because if the demand just isn't there, you even have to keep paying more and more and more to create the demand. And that just basically creates a vicious cycle because the interest payments have to come from somewhere, and it either comes from taxes or printing money. And if you print money, the debasement just accelerates. And I think we're in that mode now where taxes are untenable.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The only thing that potentially staves off a hyperinflation cycle from a late stage empire like this is massive increase in productivity. Right. If Elon is right and we have a trillion robots doing a trillion new things, yes, we could get to the point in five years where we have huge, massive gains in productivity which could increase GDP, which could negate the effect of the debatement cycle. But we're not even close to that right now. Right, And so if you're living in the here and now, we have.
Speaker 1: Probable to take a minute, guys, and just so to join this Baronation Edge private member group, you guys will do that by just clicking the reds down in our description, this is your insider's edge to the crypto money revolution, which is what we're really focused on here on.
Speaker 2: P the last two.
Speaker 1: This is additional research.
Speaker 3: That I do or along with this pill and we have on our research around only what insides our episodes, but a lot of that research gets built more content that I drop.
Speaker 2: Up here on the bar and market registration.
Speaker 1: We do more trendsit sentiment analysis, question tokens to all sorts of strategies solved the this of course, it will also guide you over to our telegram group and we give this as a leaf community access. You get bonus content over there. Do you think that this uh well has different out there that we never all the time? Not a chance. This is your opens ten year vision continues. All you have to do is hit it's going to go to jobel there and that you got pressure on China and are ututely free. Those are just your things. It opens up lanes here in the US to drive more petroleum products out of the US and become somewhat of a nets supplier to the world. Do you think this is part of the potential to try to stabilize where the dollar is heading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look like I said, it's it's the problem is is demand, and you showed it on your chart. Demand for dollar reserves is waning. It's a function, it's it's it's all related, right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, the demand for treasuries was stabilizing before Iran. My guess is that it's probably decreased since then.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But but you know, China is clearly a net seller. Japan was a net seller. The US convinced them to basically stabilize. And remember when the carry trade was starting to unwind last summer, the effect that that had. Europe is clearly not interested in buying oodles of American debt at this point, and so the problem is the same, right, The only real guarantee, Well, there's two guaranteed buyers of our debt right now. The first is tether, which seems to have an infinite appetite for US treasuries because of the adoption of stable coins slash tether slash circle. And the second is ourselves, which is not a good look when you start buying your own debt, because the only way to do that is to print more money, and that's what we're doing. Right, So, so you know this is just gonna be another inflation trade, and I think you're going and basically see the norm get back to four to five percent this year unless something dramatic happens in Iran and oil prices plummets, which is possible. I hope that happens, but right now, I don't have any visibility to that happening. Right, We're going to see four to five percent sustained inflation, maybe with spikes up or down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Well, and this starts to rotate into the midterms. This is something that I thought was interesting. I want to get your opinion on this, andresen Horowitz and I'll bring this up on screen so you can see it. And reason Horowitz now plowing in a ton of money into the midterms. Another one hundred and fifteen firm now spending one hundred and fifteen million on politics in this cycle, not ever seen by a VC firm before. So this tells me something that what are they concerned about going into the midterms? Is there anything that you think is going to pivot here?
Speaker 2: What's happening they're concerned about? AI? Mostly now if if if you're in the know, and VC land. You know that the powers that be in Silicon Valley were called to the White House under Biden and and that we're, in no uncertain terms, told to pack it up as it relates to AI, right. Uh, you know, we're going to own it, We're going to regulate it. There's not going to be a free market, and and it's just not going to happen. That's what they were told, right. And that was the biggest wake up call in history for for Silicon Valley from a political perspective, right, And and it galvanized Silicon Valley into the arms of this administration. And a lot of my friends who are not even armchair politics politicians politicians are interested in politics now all of a sudden are paying big time attention or even involved in this administration. And I actually think that's a good thing because I think getting people, uh, from a citizen activism perspective involved, regardless of whether you were doing that under Obama, because I have a lot of friends who did that under the Obama administration. People who became politically involved for the first time took jobs in the State Department. It was a little bit different. It wasn't so much technology as it is now. But I pull it that right, and I don't think that I don't believe in the idea of a career politician, by the way, so as a libertarian, but that's a different issue, right. So I think that to get to your point your question, this is about AI, right, the progress that we've made and the potential to lose that progress is existential crisis for the is a potential existential crisis for the United States in this new type of Cold war that's going on between the US and China, right, And so that is you know from I haven't talked to them about this, but I can easily see, you know how them discussing this of the in the in the format of this is a fight to the death.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: When you say they're spending one hundred million, when you look at it from that perspective and they're literally investing tens of billions of dollars, it's actly a pretty small insurance policy if you think you're gonna wine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, And I think the point being is that at some at some point, don't you think that the new age of lawmakers are going to realize the two critical components of future innovation AI crypto organization and truly adopted by partisan wouldn't you assume this is going to happen?
Speaker 2: Well once it Okay, so once it happens, and it's very complete because it's you know, everybody just makes it their own idea. That's how politics works, right Like you know, I invented the internet like kind of thing with val Gore, right so so so that will happen. And by the way, I think those things all merge into part of the same thing, right AI. It's tokenization, crypto rails, smart contracts, they all become part of of a new financial order because AI agents that have already taken over part in my life are actually going to be based on crypto rails anyway. But I think, I think what's going to happen and is and politicians are exceedingly good at this is you know, making things their own idea when it's self serving. And that's even I'm referring to people i've you know, supported publicly as well. And that's fine as long as the public gets what it wants and what it should have, which is you know, air first of all, airing on the side of freedom and getting out of the way and only getting in the way when it really absolutely needs to, which is very rarely in.
Speaker 1: My opinion, Yeah, for sure, exactly try to get away from avoiding conflict I think with the American people when it comes to just innovation, building businesses. Examples that we're dealing with right now, Clarity Act passes. You have to pick three winners. Who do you think they would be? And this industry wise, or it could be Americans, it could be you know, who do you think that three would be.
Speaker 2: I think the wealth industry is going to be pushed to migrate to tokenization as a result of this, and so you're going to see a crop of AI based robo advisors that offer you know, tokenized and automated portfolio creation capabilities. That's something that you know, I think is a big part of Abra's future. You know, ultimately, you know, as a fiduciary for our clients, we're always looking for ways to help them navigate their own requirements, risk profiles, it's et cetera, et cetera. So I think that you know, it's a little self survey. I apologize, but I think we're very well positioned as as a result of what we're reading and Honestly, that was mostly a function of us surmising where we think this had to go, based upon everything that had happened and what we were hearing from the administration. And and so that's number one. I think the banks are actually winners here, and so you know, and I also think that the startup world to DeFi is actually the third big winner here. The ability for decentralized systems to you know, be created from nothing, to have their big bang moments and potentially go from raising money in what would be a security offering to becoming fully decentralized. That's the path from sidnadio to decentralization that we always said needed to be clarified. And that's you know, I'm talking myself into it, but that's probably the most important thing long term here is not even ABRA or the banks. It's the ability for decentralized systems to basically be combusted into existence and go from raising money via security sale to being sufficiently decentralized.
Speaker 1: Well, we've seen and the model has been in place for DeFi. We've seen so many different winners and a lot of the ecosystems out there, I would call Salona being one of the big ones that has really created a lot of kings, and the likelihood is we'll see MA maybe ten x fifty x one hundred of x of that in the coming years. How long do you think you know, you and I both probably were around in the era when I was a young engineer at Microsoft in nineteen ninety six through seven, just getting into Microsoft, the birth of the Internet and then the obviously the dop bomb, but the creation period after that was significant and it happened fairly quickly. What do you think that looks like in terms of the Bell curve for crypto?
Speaker 2: I was at Netscape when you were at Microsoft, and when we were mortal enemies. Yeah, exactly. I think I testified at one point and against you guys. So look, historically, when you have these kind of bubbles and crashes, yeah, those become the best times for entrepreneurs to build, even if they don't know it at the time, even if it's scary and painful, and you know, especially back then, because you know, being well educated and having a degree in compute science was like a lottery ticket like that you knew was going to win. That's not necessarily the case today, except if you're willing to basically take the proverbial risk to be an AI entrepreneur. You can kind of trip over something useful, interesting that you know people will pay for. But that's historically the best time to be to be an entrepreneur in my mind. And this is by far the best time in history that I've ever seen for a twenty something out of school to start a company. You know, the big challenge in the nineties, the dot com era, the mobile app era was always about do you know how to build a sustainable company. That's That's not a problem right now, That's not that's not the key challenge here, because you're going to see one in two person billion dollar companies come out of this AI era, and they're going to hire you know, we work with Goodwin or you know, some accounting firm here, accounting Silicon Valley that's going to basically act as your finance team, your legal team, you know, and and it's all going to be outsourced. And you're gonna have your three person startup and and AI is going to enable that I have agents for everything. And and I'm an older guy, right so, so you know, the kids aren't going to know anything different. This is an awesome time.
Speaker 1: I think it is too. That's what I tell you know. We get a chance to do these wealth seminars and this is the one thing. Most of them are business owners that are coming in and he's trying to explore, you know, how crypto and blockchain are going to be usable in their own businesses, and I'm like, I'm just so excited for them because I'm like, you're you're you own a business in a time in which innovation is exploding. So totally welcome to the fun. Hey Bill, it's been good having you on today. Thanks for the round up here. We're gonna be watching Aber very closely, so we appreciate you stuffing it.
Speaker 2: So good to see you. Thanks for having met at the Static the same thests Tott