Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Can I say that this is a fun show? It is a fun show. It's a fun show. We don't know where there.
Speaker 3: I mean, we have an idea, we have a skeleton of what the show is going to look like when we start.
Speaker 1: But sometimes the skeleton gets thrown out of the window. Today, the skeleton hasn't really been dealt with.
Speaker 3: What do you think what do you think is the issue that people are most interested in chiming in about today?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, you being able to unhook a woman's bra with just a simple hug.
Speaker 3: Accidentally accidentally, No, that's not it. No, No, it's chlorine.
Speaker 4: So interesting fact about chlorine from somebody in the pool industry for thirty years. Chlorine itself will not turn your hair green unless you have metals in solution in the waters.
Speaker 2: Such as copper.
Speaker 4: If you have high copper and high chlorine, it will turn your head grain. Also, if you can smell chlorine in a public pool, it's because of what's.
Speaker 2: Called chloramines, where the chlorine.
Speaker 4: Is mixed or combined with byproducts such as ammonia, which.
Speaker 2: Is sweat pea.
Speaker 5: That's why you can smell it.
Speaker 2: Okay, chiers why they don't have vinyls in London.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say he's more knowledgeable because of his accent.
Speaker 6: Hey, Gary and shatter, Just another little trivia fact about the pool chlorinus of it's not the actual chlorine that makes your eyes red.
Speaker 7: It's usually the acidic but the pH of it.
Speaker 6: But mostly it's the urine in the pool that's it makes your eyes red. So yeah, I mean, you love the urine in the pool, so good for you, guys.
Speaker 2: But it's the pea in the pool that you guys.
Speaker 1: We were just having a little fun. We were just having a little bit of fun that was not well researched.
Speaker 2: We don't need Gary John here.
Speaker 8: Pool guy.
Speaker 2: You know what that chlorine smell that you think you're smelling.
Speaker 8: It's not actually chlorine.
Speaker 9: It's the chlorine breaking cell walls of microorganisms in there and off gassing there.
Speaker 8: So that's it.
Speaker 9: It's not you're not smelling chlorine, you're smelling killing.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Can I just scold myself for ignorance for my entire life, I didn't know about pool guys. I didn't know that pool guys were chemists.
Speaker 2: I bet you we have an army of pool guys and gals. I mean they're chemists, understanding all.
Speaker 1: I just thought that, you know, like my dad would have for our pool, he would have one of these little plastic cylinder things.
Speaker 2: And you put the it looked like a pan.
Speaker 1: Float exactly, and you'd put a drop of water and you'd put some chemicals in and you'd make sure the p H is right. And that was that. There was no science involved.
Speaker 2: Well that is tech. That is exactly science.
Speaker 1: Right, But it looked like you know, child's apparatus.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem high levels.
Speaker 3: So it did not Good morning, Gary and jan almost afternoon whatever, Shannon. I talk about it every time when we both grew up in Nevado, and here you are.
Speaker 2: Talking about going to my pool. Sorry, miss I.
Speaker 1: Went to Catholic school and I had to go.
Speaker 2: To you know, the public hool I loved.
Speaker 1: I lived on Hamilton Field on Bowling Drive.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so funny.
Speaker 1: I swear we must have run into each other at some point in time.
Speaker 2: If not, at least you probably saw my mom because.
Speaker 6: She worked at that burger king where the guy got busted for selling coke, got the drive through offering.
Speaker 1: Yes, pelvering keys, I may have gotten drugs from him.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidding. Don't do drugs. Kids. So the reason I loved going to the.
Speaker 1: Hamilton based pool is because I lived in this sheltered Catholic school world. Right, So when you got to go to Hamilton, you got to hang out with all the dangerous kids from the public schools, and they were my people. It's why I chose to go to public high school, probably because of that pool.
Speaker 2: It's time for swamp watch.
Speaker 5: Swamp is horrible.
Speaker 2: The government man make It's like an I love zat Burger King.
Speaker 5: What was Badu?
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d c. Hey, Joey a town.
Speaker 3: Hall too, clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways.
Speaker 5: Still a swamp.
Speaker 2: A bunch of Milwaukee. What he said drained the swamp. I said, Oh, that's so, hope keep you know.
Speaker 1: Margaret wrote to us, quoting us, Googles are for communists and Canadians.
Speaker 2: She writes, I am dead.
Speaker 1: Goggles are for goggle excuse me, and not googles. She says, I am dead. Done for the day. We can all go home.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, Well, thank you for that, appreciate it. And by the way, all of this live.
Speaker 3: But tomorrow, in front of you, in front of people at the news of rus At Luchad.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow will have the pH levels correct.
Speaker 3: I sure hope. So if it starts smelling like chlorine, we're in big trouble. This morning, President Biden came out to the Rose Garden to address the nation.
Speaker 2: We'll do my duty as president.
Speaker 10: I'll fulfill my oath, and I wanted the Constitution on January twenty, we'll have a peaceful transfer of power here in America.
Speaker 3: He did not do what you were expecting him to do, which was to pass the torch to Kamala Harrison make her the forty seventh president, although there's still time.
Speaker 2: He did say some nice things about it.
Speaker 10: Ran an inspiring campaign, and everyone got to see something that I learned early on to respect so much her character. She has a backbone like a ramrod. She has great character, true character. She gave her whole heart effort, and she and her entire team should be proud of the campaign they ran.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know what you didn't get a lot of that. Sorry, no, I was gonna say. I don't know what what he honestly feels about.
Speaker 2: I don't think he likes her. Well, that's what we've kind of said that, right, we've kind of.
Speaker 1: This is him saying, I told you so, I could have beat Trump. She did not outperform me in any counties in the entire country. Is he sounded like he has more energy than he has in a long time. He is excited.
Speaker 2: I don't think he could have beaten Trump. No, not in his not in his state.
Speaker 1: That was unveiled to us, right, but he still believes in his mind that he could have done a better job than she did.
Speaker 2: Probably, Yeah, And I do wonder what sort of.
Speaker 3: How does that play out for the day he's still president for three months, two months, two and a half months, I mean he's she's still vice president for two and a half months.
Speaker 2: What's that? What's that?
Speaker 8: What's that?
Speaker 2: Lunchtime meeting? Sound like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I'm thinking, you know, you didn't hear a lot of people coming out. I mean you had people coming out and saying not Trump, not Trump, not Trump, Oprah, Beyonce.
Speaker 5: What have you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you did have a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Coming out that have worked with Kamala Harris and saying this is what she stands for, this is who she you know what I mean? That was missing because I almost have whiplash thinking about us sitting here reporting on all the reports that came out about her staff and the exodus because she was such a not nice boss that that we went from that almost within a couple of months to her being the candidate and them trying to shine that up.
Speaker 3: There are a couple things about the aftermath of the election. One of them was that Iowa Des Moines Register poll that came out. That's an interesting, weird outlier poll and the woman who was in charge of it comes out. But also what is four b oh?
Speaker 2: Is this that.
Speaker 1: The Asian women feminist movement?
Speaker 2: Korean feminists? Yeah? Four b and what it has to do with the election?
Speaker 8: Hey, Garry Shannon loved the show and all that. You guys are great, Just curious, are you guys gonna be keeping that Satan swamp watching? Are y'all gonna be you know, changing it up and mixing it up. Won't be upset either way, Just very curious about that.
Speaker 3: I think the plan would be to do it at the changing of the guard. Shall we see January January probably whether we do it January first or whenever we're there that week for the beginning of the Congress or at the inauguration.
Speaker 2: Right but early next year, we'll say that.
Speaker 1: Sure, we do have our eye on that fire, the massive one in Ventura County, fourteen thousand, five hundred acres at this point, zero containment this morning. Nothing short of heroic efforts from all of the authorities there for that ground effort. In those firefighters, they said that the environmental recipe for this one is what made it a killer. Two years with above average rain means a lot of grass, which means fine fuels receptive to wind and warmth, which is what these red flag conditions bring us. Channel seven counted this morning eighty three homes lost in Camaro Springs there, so we will keep our eye on that. There is another fire that is popped up in Orange County along the ninety one in Anaheim, so they've closed a lane there. It's right east of Imperial Highway.
Speaker 2: Back into swamp Watch.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about President elect Donald Trump and the plans that he's got for these next several weeks before he gets inaugurated, and that's going to be putting together all of the appointees that have to make up the Trump government as we go forward. Robert Sherman from News Nation is joining us once again. And this is this is not an unusual task. Every president incoming president has to do it. But is he going to take a different tack on it this year?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that's what it seems at this point. I Mean, one of the points that they've made is very clearly is that they want all this to look different than it did in twenty and sixteen. And from all indications so far, that seems to be the case. I mean, just from some of the names that you've heard him mention that he wants to be involved in the government in some capacity, whether that's Robert F. Kennedy Junior, whether that's Elon Musk. I mean, all of this is still very much so in the stratosphere. Nothing has been finalized yet, but here's some of these names. I mean, this does all seem like a different tact for sure.
Speaker 1: This is a guy who is all in when it comes to nepotism. Do you see his sons taking up any posts.
Speaker 7: I mean, especially on the transition team. That's our understanding is is that both Donald Trump Junior and Eric Trump are going to play a role in this whole vetting process at least. I mean, that's what the indication has been. And keep in mind is that the election only happened two days ago. But these conversations about what a transition process would look like and what a transition team would look like, this has been ongoing for months up to this point, so some of those frameworks are starting to come together.
Speaker 3: Any big names in terms of potential cabinet positions or is it too early for that sort of discussion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean there are names that are being thrown around, and there's a swirl, you know, as to you know, who the base wants and such. I mean some of these names that you've seen on the campaign trail, they Ramaswami, Doug Bergham. I mean, we hear these names a lot again.
Speaker 8: Robert F.
Speaker 7: Kenney Junior, Elon Musk. I mean, those are some of the names that you're hearing being thrown around. Nothing has been formally flatted, I would say that with emphasis, but keep in mind you are talking about a finite time frame here of seventy four days until the inauguration or so, so there is a lot that has to be done from now until January.
Speaker 3: One of the names that I would I would be curious to see if it gets any traction is Ron DeSantis, obviously governor out of Florida, who did run for the nomination but didn't do very well in terms of stacking up against former President Trump. But he is wildly successful now in Florida, which has become a pretty reliable red state.
Speaker 2: Does would he have any position?
Speaker 3: I mean, that seems like he would be an easy pick to at least garner a good favor for the people in Florida.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it's quite possible. I mean you even heard, you know, Florida Governor Ronda Santa is putting out his pick for helping human services, you know, who he would like to see there. So, I mean he's been vocal about who he'd like to see on the cabinet in terms of could he be there, I mean possibly, I mean anything is open right now. And keep in mind, you know, I mean there's there's a whole process, you know, when it comes to putting people onto the cabinet as well, so there's a long way to go with all of this. I mean, it just totally remains to be seen because it is so early in the ballgame.
Speaker 2: And Baron's out right, he's not He's got school to go to. He's not going to be anything.
Speaker 7: Could just say never say never about anything at this point. But we shall see. We still see how all this plays out.
Speaker 3: He'd definitely be the center in the pickup basketball game though. I think he's about seven foot seven by.
Speaker 7: Now, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Robert Sherman, thank you so much for joining us. Appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Robert.
Speaker 1: There from a news nation. Vladimir Putin has entered the group Chat okay.
Speaker 2: He says, I would like to take this.
Speaker 1: Opportunity to congratulate Trump on his election as president of the United States of America. As to what he expects from a second Trump presidency, he said, I don't know what will happen now. I have no idea for him. This is still his last presidential term. What he will do is his matter. But he did add about Trump's comments when it came to Ukraine and restoring relations with Russia and wanting to help end the Ukrainian crisis. They said that this was somebody who claimed he would negotiate an end of the conflict in Ukraine in twenty.
Speaker 3: Four hours, and he said he would do it before he even became president.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: There are some women who say they are trying to take back their agency, and they're turning to a radical Korean feminist movement to do so. It's called four B. The B is actually a shorthand for the word no in Korean. So the four knows no sex, no dating, no marriage, no children, wow, in order to take back their agency?
Speaker 2: Is this like a Handmaid's Tale type? Ida ever watched it?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: No sex though? Huh? Well with men? Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, you're not gonna have sex with women if you're if you're not into it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but I mean, I mean, would you have sex with a man if you couldn't have sex with women?
Speaker 2: Not if I was not into it? Just what you said, you do you? No, that's not I love that. You don't shut the door on love. That's not what I said. Wait a minute, Gary, Wait a minute, no tech talk. It's time for tech talk.
Speaker 5: The machines are getting smarter. This is tech talk, brought to you by Skynet.
Speaker 3: Well one of the calming voices on this show is Mark Saltzman, the host of the tech it Out podcast and the writer of many incredible tech really articles over the course of his lifetime his lifetime, well, I mean so far on his lifetime.
Speaker 2: He is the tech guru of our lifetime.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you, Gary and Shannon. I'm doing my poor attempt at a very low voice. Yeah, it is terrible. That was awful. Oh my goodness. Yeah, and I'm a little nasal today, a little allergy. You know, we suffering.
Speaker 1: People are obviously in this country talking about the election, and some people are having some some feelings.
Speaker 2: Related to the election.
Speaker 1: And today you're going to be telling us about free apps for relaxation and stress relief.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think everybody in every country has been talking about the election. You know, it's not just that's true in the US of a.
Speaker 1: How are people in other countries reacting though, with trauma and stress and sadness?
Speaker 5: Yes and no.
Speaker 11: I mean, obviously we don't have as much skin in the game as those who live in the country, but as as a Canadian, the US is our biggest trading partner, so that could affect it could affect us.
Speaker 5: Or the wars in the Middle East.
Speaker 11: Depending on where you sit on that, you you are you're either happy or very upset about the results of the election. It's big news anyway you slice it. And so yeah, I have friends in the Great White North here who are either miserable this week, you know, the the the Democrats, and then of course or as we call them, the Liberals, and then of course the team read people are happy up here at Conservatives, but yeah, the Republicans.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 5: But either way, if you are, whether you're.
Speaker 11: Happy and you're you need to just calm down and enjoy, you know, get back to your your equilibrium, or you're very upset and you need to take your mind off of the election news. I did write an article that looked at some mindfulness and meditation apps that you can you can take advantage of. You've probably seen ads even during the election. In fact, I was watching I think it was CNN. It had a thirty minute, silent, thirty second ad purchased by Calm, and it said this thirty second ad is is completely silent, You're welcome.
Speaker 5: And they just put the Calm logo at the end.
Speaker 11: That was during the CNN broadcast of during election night. So Calm is probably the most popular app for getting little bits of you know, little moments of zen throughout the day. It works with smart speakers, tablets, computers, smartphones, whatever you have with you. It's free to start, and then there is a premium sort of subscription that gives you access to more content. But whatever you're looking to be calm about, whether you're having trouble sleeping or you want to reduce stress and anxiety throughout the day, there's a lot of these sessions that are anywhere between two minutes and thirty minutes long, so great for beginners.
Speaker 5: That's simply calm dot com.
Speaker 11: And a little pro tip if you have a smart speaker, you can actually ask it without installing anything. You can just say open Calm, say the wake word first, and then say open Calm and it'll start guiding you through meditative sessions.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 2: Are you afraid to say the wake word? Well, I don't want your listeners speakers to go off.
Speaker 5: You want to do it, fine, I don't want.
Speaker 11: The haymail, you know, especially as I said, bleeding hearts liberals. You know, I'm going to get the Yeah. Another popular one along with comm is Headspace. This is a UK based app that will also give you meditation and mindfulness sessions.
Speaker 5: Again, you can choose what you want to work.
Speaker 11: On and you're going to hear these very calming voices much better than what I was trying to pull off a few minutes ago. Simple Habit is another app. So there's no shortage of ones out there. And just to be clear, I'm not referring to apps where you are paired up with a therapist. That's a whole other thing altogether. But this AARP article that I wrote. If you do want to google my name, Mark Saltzman, Mark with a c and meditation apps there you will find some that have, you know, the the ability to cann with a licensed therapist over like text message, video call, or audio call.
Speaker 3: Speaking of anxiety, a lot of people get anxious over their the batteries on their phones, and I've tried to do the thing where I only limit it to you know, eighty percent charge on a regular basis and that sort of thing to try to extend the life of the battery.
Speaker 2: What are some other ways that we can do that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So that's a good tip to extend the overall health of your battery. Yeah, don't let your phone fall below twenty percent and don't charge it all the way to one hundred percent. A lot of people are guilty of that, especially if you plug it in overnight and you go to bed.
Speaker 5: It's obviously going to go to one hundred percent.
Speaker 11: Not ideal if you can help it, because there's only so many cycles battery cycles that that phone can handle. So the idea is to keep it around eighty percent if you can, but regular data to day tips to extend the battery life of your phone, whether it's an iPhone or an Android. If you're looking at your phone and it's barely lunchtime and it's got, you know, twenty percent left, that's not good. So there's a couple things you can do. One is to dim the screen. You don't it so bright where you're getting a tan. You can dim it down to at least half and make that on by default, or just go into the options or the settings and use your fingertip to lower the brightness. That will help extend battery life significantly. Another one is to when you don't use your phone and you put it down the timeout mode or idle mode, it's probably set to a minute where if you're not touching or looking at your screen, it's still on and thus consuming power. But you could reduce the idle time. So we'll go to sleep and then lock your phone after say ten seconds if you like. If that's too short, you'll find the sweet spot for yourself. But you go into the settings once again, whether it's iPhone or Android, and you can.
Speaker 5: I think thirty seconds is good.
Speaker 11: You know, if you're not looking at your phone for thirty seconds, have the screen go dark and it locks. And then the third option is when you really need it. If you're on a you know you're away from any kind of plug and you're looking at low battery life, put on power saving mode. It's called something a little bit different. On iPhone it's called low power mode. On Android it's called something else, and it depends on which Android you have, But you go into the settings and it will reduce the screen brightness. It may even turn off some wireless radios you're not using, like NFC where you tap your phone to buy something at retail, so it'll do that for you. And then one more tip is to watch out for those apps that are you know, very memory intensive that will accelerate that battery drain faster than others. So playing video games, watching movies those are often or editing photos and videos that requires a lot of power and that's a lot more pressure on the battery compared to things like browsing the web, reading your email, writing some notes. That's a low intensive you know activity on your phone, so keep that in mind.
Speaker 5: And one more bonus.
Speaker 11: Tip is always update your operating system. I know some people wait because they're worried about it running slower, but generally speaking, you're encouraged to update the battery because they will find ways to extend the battery with those iOS updates and Android Google updates.
Speaker 3: And that is one of their goals every time, right, is to try to maximize their battery life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a huge priority.
Speaker 11: So those engineers are working away at ways to get more life out of the battery because that's one of the biggest pain points for any smartphone owner, even though both iPhone and Android are getting better year after year generally with bigger batteries too. But these tips will help for sure. And that by the way, this also works with your tablet and your laptop. You know, setting that idle time, reducing the brightness and watching how much you charge it up. You don't want to put it all the way up to one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Mark, thank you very much, appreciate all the tips.
Speaker 3: Pleasure great to chat with you guys. You've been too Mark saltzm there. Make sure you follow Mark on x m ARC Underscore.
Speaker 1: The Weather Services reported Pete gusts and the mountains eighty five miles per hour.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 12: Hey, Gary and Shannon. I love the conversation about going to the pool. It was that cheap. And then one thing I do have remember about checking in in the locker room.
Speaker 5: You give them the bag.
Speaker 12: Sometimes you get a pen with the number and then lo and behold. Even if you have some money in there are something valuable, just a little bit candy, whatever, for a snack, it's gone when you get there to go get your items.
Speaker 2: Sweet fun. Love your shows.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We had a snack bar at the at the pool that I was yeah, that I went to, and I remember specific candies that we would eat and I did to this day. I wish I could find what are they? Well, one of them was Wacky Wafers. They sell them in tiny little like life Sazers Life safer sized little tablets now, but they used to be bit now, grant that I was seven, so I'm sure it was not that. But it used to be the size of about a silver dollar. And it was a giant piece of just raw flavored.
Speaker 2: Sugar like the Neco waiver Neca wafers, well bigger than that, okay, and sweeter and tangier than that, like oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And they came in like a plastic sleeve basically right yeah, oh boy, he like the the the pictures went away, come back, come back, come back ease.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my gosh, you can still buy that.
Speaker 1: For four hundred and thirty four dollars and ninety three cents. I can get you some retroactive How bad do you want for dollars?
Speaker 2: How bad do you want them?
Speaker 8: Not that bad?
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Good morning, Carlos and Glinda.
Speaker 12: There's nothing like the smell of chlorine to take you back to a beautiful summer afternoon in Las.
Speaker 2: Vegas and those nice clean sanitary pools. Oh god, how many I think you just got pregnant?
Speaker 3: How many?
Speaker 9: This is mad cow from Nevado, sammarin California, And we would never go to your stinky Hamilton Pool.
Speaker 5: We were the elite.
Speaker 1: You went to the country club. Country club, Yeah, I went there.
Speaker 9: Was I pretty much had a residency there for three months, all right off with their heads.
Speaker 2: I would never have.
Speaker 1: I remember going to Rolling Hills once with a friend who had the family had a you know whatever it is membership, sure, and just feeling like I did not belong. I knew I did not belong. I did not belong. Hamilton Public Pool was my place, my people.
Speaker 3: There was a I don't even know if it was a country guild. There's a golf club in Petaluma that I went to once with my dad and never felt, like you said, never felt comfortable totally. He was there with some guys from work and they're playing golf and I just remember, like you.
Speaker 2: Just know your place there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Australia's Prime Minister Anthony Albani's has announced what he's calling a world leading plan to implement a social media ban for any kid under the age of sixteen. They're still fleshing out some of the details of all of this, but he says that one of the pieces is an age verification process where the onus is actually on the social media platform to demonstrate that they're taking reasonable steps to prevent access to the platforms for kids under the age of sixteen.
Speaker 1: They said that this would not apply to young people already on social media. There would be no exemptions on the age limit for kids who have their parents' consent.
Speaker 3: That is similar to a policy that it's not Australia's policy.
Speaker 2: I believe it's New Zealand's policy.
Speaker 3: They want to eradicate all smoking in New Zealand, and one of the things that they are doing is constantly moving a constantly moving ban on cigarette sales. So anybody, for example today who's eighteen, I'm not getting the numbers right, but just as an example, if you're eighteen in New Zealand, you can buy cigarettes now, but the ban will go into effect where the current kids who are seventeen, they're going to have to wait until they're twenty one, and that sliding scale is going to continue to move up until there is a point in the future where all cigarette sales would be banned. And it sounds like that's what they're kind of doing with social media in Australia.
Speaker 1: So how does their government work. I mean, they can just.
Speaker 3: Like what is the freedom of speech. When it comes to Australia have speech.
Speaker 2: It exists in a much different way.
Speaker 3: I mean, if Canada and the UK are any example, because they're members of Commonwealth, I assume that their government is probably pretty similar. It just doesn't exist the way we have it today. It's not as protected and as valued as it is here in the United States.
Speaker 1: Is the koala the national animal of Australia?
Speaker 2: It is, at least in If not, what a missed opportunity, Well.
Speaker 3: They have other un animal. It could be a kangaroo. I do like a kangaroo, right, I think everybody likes a kangaroo.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: The national animal of Australia is the red kangaroo. The kangaroo became an official symbol of Australia in nineteen o eight when it was added to the country's coat of arms. The kangaroo is also featured on the right side of the coat of arms, with an emu on the left.
Speaker 2: Nimo would be an other one. That would be another good one? Interesting tomorrow? How all the way did you know?
Speaker 1: Fascinating that a male kangaroo can be six foot seven?
Speaker 2: Yes, they get big. Oh those are big boys. A surprise to me.
Speaker 3: Hey, tomorrow, all of this magic right in front of the faces.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're gonna be live.
Speaker 3: Doing our news and brus at Luchador Brewing in Chino Hills will be out there at nine o'clock. It's nine to one out there live and we would love it if you would come by. We have some stuff that we're giving away, including tickets to Hops in the Hills which takes place on Saturday, a broof vest and food adventure hosted by our friends at Luchador Brewing to benefit the Chino Valley Fire Foundation.
Speaker 2: So all of that stuff is one koala on the coat of arms.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: You've got the kangaroo here and the emu here. But what a missed opportunity, mystical creep. You just throw in a koala right here on this branch. Yeah, there's a freaking swan.
Speaker 3: Oh koala, what a missed opportunity. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app