Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, as a child at divorced parents, my parents divorced when I was seven. I'm sixty one now, I'll be sixty one this week. I would have loved for them to stay together. Rather than seeing my dad every other weekend. It would have been great for them to stick it out for the kids. After that, they're un happy. Do your thing, but it's harder the kids, really hard. So that's my taking. I'm still with my wife forty four years.
Speaker 3: Forty four years? Didn't he say, just turn sixty one?
Speaker 4: Math?
Speaker 3: Are you doing? Math? Is that what's happened? Married at seventh Sill Fire? Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow? Good for you.
Speaker 5: Hey Gary, Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because my Stellers lost to the Cowgirls last night. I don't think it's none of your damn business. When your parents is to get a divorce, you need to take it and put yourselfish this aside.
Speaker 1: This is about the Steelers. This is not about Gary's dead parents. This is about what happened, but also Dallas you can't.
Speaker 6: If you're going to get a divorce, you can't be so naive as to think it's not going to impact other people. I mean it's going to impact your relationship with your own family, your relationship with your kids, maybe your relationship with your parents if they're still around.
Speaker 1: She's your relationship with friends. She's not listening. You can make this case at another time.
Speaker 4: Hey, Gary, Hey, great shoreyday guys.
Speaker 5: You hey, but shut in, hey man, little heart on Gary today?
Speaker 4: First on if he gets mad and his parents get divorced. Yeah, you know, judging him on that? Whoa judging him on his shirt? That was a joke. You know, Gary, you need to send up for yourself. Yeah. I would go to the higher ups and he probably says Ben shennon again. Okoy day, guys.
Speaker 3: How many times you've been suspended for giving me Hey?
Speaker 1: I wasn't judging the fact that you'd be angry if your parents got a gray divorce.
Speaker 3: It was that I.
Speaker 1: Wanted you to articulate what that meant, what made you angry, what you were feeling that would make you angry.
Speaker 6: You were forcing me into a place of exploring my own emotions.
Speaker 3: I was It's kind of creepy when you think about it. Yeah, what else is going on?
Speaker 4: Time four?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Wow, Well, we've been reporting to you all morning, all day long, because Hurricane Milton did grow into an explosive, explosive Category five storm just as we were starting the show, sustained winds of now one hundred and seventy five miles per hour. They say it's not going to reach its peak until tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So it will diminish.
Speaker 6: Like you said, at peaks tomorrow, it should diminish a bit by the time it does make landfall. Right now, it's basically the entire west coast of Florida that is, is on the lookout for landfall sometime on Wednesday, just the lowest corner quadrant I guess of eastern Florida, like where Miami is. They're the ones who are most likely to escape any real damage or problems. But again, the storm surge somewhere between eight and twelve feet depending on where they are, could be the biggest issue.
Speaker 1: Women who kill It's always fascinating, isn't it, especially when you've got a female serial killer. But that's what police in Canada say they have on their hands. Women arrested in charge Friday with three murders from Toronto, Niagara Falls, and another another city in Canada. That's that's the crazy part to me. It's not that it's a woman. It's that it's a Canadian woman. She's only thirty years older, named Sabrina, and they say that she killed a sixty year old woman in Toronto, a forty seven year old man at a Niagara Falls park, and a seventy seven year old man in a parking lot in Hamilton, Ontario. The first victim in Toronto was found with visible trauma to the body.
Speaker 6: And that's a pretty wide This is a thirty year span from the oldest to the youngest. And I wonder if there's more. They know those three, but I wonder if there's more.
Speaker 3: I wonder what the motive was.
Speaker 6: Crowds have gathered in places around the world today to mark the anniversary of the October seventh attacks, the start of the war in Gaza. Demonstrators and counter demonstrators. Pro Palestinian rallies have taken place around the globe. Pro Israeli rallies have taken place across the globe. For example, there is a gathering at Pershing Square. They actually gathered a couple places over the weekend to mark this because what you're busy on Monday or something.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: A truncated tear in the sky is A woman from southern California and her friend claimed they were kicked off a Spirit flight for wearing crop tops. They were on a flight from Lax to New Orleans. Tara from Dana Point says, we were wearing crop tops, just like a little bit of stomach showing. A male flight attendant approached them aggressively told them to put something on before walking away. She's telling both of us to put our sweater.
Speaker 3: It's hard to believe.
Speaker 1: And we were like, oh, can we see a dress code? Like is there a policy that says we can't wear crop tops on the plane?
Speaker 3: Is there? No?
Speaker 1: No, I've seen plenty of Spirit Airlines states. Yeah, come on, what are you? You're not freaking United? You can.
Speaker 6: Chicken Spirit Airlines. Sparra, sparat, sparat.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Smart people do smart things.
Speaker 6: A couple of scientists won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
Speaker 1: I meant to tell you something that was unnerving to me at so far last week just.
Speaker 3: When I started saying something smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw Mortgage and she was wearing she was not wearing a crop top.
Speaker 3: What I'm telling you, I was unnerving. How did you know it was her? I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't recognize her. I did four takes before I realized it was her. And only because she was with Menace from the Woody Show did I place her. Not wearing a crop top.
Speaker 3: Was menas well, of course.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: The Nobel Prize goes to a couple of scientists, Victor Ambrose and Gary Ruvkan, for discovering micro rna, tiny bits of genetic material that serve as on and off switches inside cells that helped control what the cells do and what they do with it.
Speaker 1: Lebron and his son played together for the first time in a preseason game for the Lakers.
Speaker 3: How'd they do? Oh?
Speaker 4: They lost?
Speaker 3: Well, it's preseason, that's true. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: And if you are a planner on getting tickets to go see the Dodgers take on the Padres in the Metchoe Park, it doesn't matter how much you can't buy them. Oh, they said, if you're a Dodgers fan from La County, your order will be canceled because starting with Game three tomorrow and maybe a game four, well obviously there will be a game four. Ticket purchases for Petco Park are restricted to residents of San Diego County, Southern Orange County, Arizona, Vegas, and Baja California. That if you were to order it from La County, your order would be canceled.
Speaker 3: Wow, I didn't know you could do that. I didn't know.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a lawsuit.
Speaker 6: Maybe a Yeah, we did have a couple of winners, according to Keana, and she went three and one.
Speaker 3: I think I went three and one.
Speaker 1: No you didn't, because oh yeah, no, we all did.
Speaker 3: We all did? We all did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there were some this. You knew that the Raiders were in disarray, right, Max Crosby out, Tay Adams out. It's just it's partner Minshew was benched. It just it looked like a mess. He started eating his own boogers. You feel for Raiders fans, but what are they putting together in Denver?
Speaker 3: Man bow Nix is a great player.
Speaker 1: I love those throwback uniforms too. That was cool parkening back to John Elway days and they put up his numbers compared to bo Nix's numbers, and they're pretty similar at this point in the season, at least for rookie year.
Speaker 3: Didn't was it? Houston the head alter. I hated those uniforms.
Speaker 1: It looked I did want to be one of those people who comments on the uniforms, like I like these uniforms. I did not like those uniforms. They were distracting. Yeah, that's a good word. It was very distracting. The Bills are in much more problem land than that last minute score of the field goal where Houston was able to win.
Speaker 3: It shows Bills are a mess well too.
Speaker 6: And Josh Allen's out well had an ankle and a concussion on the same play.
Speaker 3: From head to toe that I was a mess.
Speaker 6: They put him in the injury tent, did concussion protocol on him, and then got him back out in the field right away.
Speaker 1: That Ravens Bengals game was great. Gosh, Lamar Jackson. When he needs to turn it on, he turns it on like such MVP moments there. The Commanders continue to roll with your boy, Jaden, He's a you love all the quarterbacks that name starts in Jay, is that right?
Speaker 3: A lot of them.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't say all of them, but a lot of them, but he's definitely one of the good young ones.
Speaker 1: Surprise was the Giant Seahawks Daniel Jones playing without Malik Neighbors, No neighbors, no problem.
Speaker 3: That was a shocker there in Seattle.
Speaker 6: Packers came into town and beat up on the Rams yesterday twenty four nineteen.
Speaker 1: I saw none of that game because I was watching the forty nine ers step on their own genitals from the entire second half, lacking any sort of tackling prowess.
Speaker 6: It was awful. Did they say that was the hottest it was game ever? Ninety eight degrees. So there was also a request apparently that the forty nine ers put in to change their uniforms because they wanted to wear all whites, or that some version of all whites to try to cut down on the heat.
Speaker 3: Well, the Cardinals were wearing their all whites. You can't.
Speaker 6: Apparently the NFL says you've got to decide those things before the season.
Speaker 3: Yes, very strict rules for some reason.
Speaker 6: Well, Monday Night Football tonight will be the New Orleans Saints against the Kansas City Chiefs, and we'll get to see another primetime game with what's his name and what's her face?
Speaker 3: If she even shows, may not go. I think it's over. Do you think it's over?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: I think that September twenty eighth date was probably more realistic than people give it credit for. Remember that document that came out that suggested that this was just a sham in the first place.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe I have already spent too much time in this conversation talking about that.
Speaker 6: Well, the other sports things you mentioned this Lebron and Bronni James took the floor together at the start of the second court order the Lakers Sun's game last night, so they become his They make history as the first father son duo to play in an NBA game together, and obviously did it as teammates. But the Lakers lost. Like you said, it was a preseason game.
Speaker 3: Unpopular opinion.
Speaker 1: I think the Saints and Derek Carr stand a chance at Arrowhead.
Speaker 3: You think so? Why?
Speaker 1: Because the Chiefs are not as good as their record shows.
Speaker 6: That's always the first five games for the Chiefs. He's going to throw two, probably a guy in his own uniform, I would imagine, or at least he's going to try.
Speaker 1: But I mean without Rice, like I don't know how that works out. Philly used their trickery.
Speaker 6: Phillies came back to beat the Mets seven to six. Dodgers got crushed by the Padres in a messy, angry, chippy game yesterday. Game three is tomorrow, in those National League Series, American League Division Series, Game twos today. Tigers and Guardians, Royals and Yankees, and we like sports. But you can always download that Prize Picks app and use the cokfi and get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 3: That sounds That sounds like a good deal. It is a great deal.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of fun. My brother sends me his his picks all the time. Screenshot.
Speaker 6: I don't do that because I'm embarrassed if I do poorly.
Speaker 1: Really, I don't think you need to feel embarrassed. It's a man in a shirt like that should never feel em I'm just trying to make it better. Am I doing not good?
Speaker 3: Not good?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm sensitive? Oh well.
Speaker 1: Milton has strengthened quickly, very quickly, a matter of hours, into a Category five hurricane on a path toward Florida. They say that it's going to make a direct hit on Wednesday. They say it's threatening the Tampa area with a direct hit. And this is the same stretch of coastline that just survived through or maybe not, Hurricane Helene less than two weeks ago. If only we had a Gas family member in the Tampa area.
Speaker 6: Funny you should mention that a friend of the show, Chris, is down there in Tampa and listens just about every day, am I right, Chris? Yeah, well, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: We apologize for the Mets and what happened last night.
Speaker 7: No, you don't have to apologize. I've been through worse. I'm a Judge fan.
Speaker 3: That was a rough day for you all around.
Speaker 7: Then all right, well I was fortunately I was standing in line waiting to get a propane tank when the next craft the bed.
Speaker 6: All right, what are you doing? You know that this thing is about forty eight hours away from you. How do you get ready for something like this?
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I got red wine, which doesn't require refrigeration, the white wine, which would require that. I mean, we've got the hurricane covers up. We've got a town home that comes with that. So I've been putting that up over the last couple of days, and the neighbors are all got a long ladder that's been passed around like a twenty dollars lady of the evening helping people get their stuff put up. If you're going to leave, you you should be gone because I seventy five, which is the major north south throughout it goes up like Atlanta, is a parking lot all the way pretty much through the state, and there's not a lot of hotels available, So if you're here, you're kind of stuck here. There's a lot of places people can evacuate too. You know, you covered it. Getting gasoline is not easy because everybody kind of tanked up the seven to eleven by us had some of the gash yesterday. It's probably gone. The propane's probably gone. Read milk and toilet paper, all that stuff. At Publics, which is the major supermarket chain, that's bare. They don't have to worry about restocking those. And everybody's a little bit worried this time. I mean, we've had the ones that come up parallel to the coast that always kind of tend to jump in at the last minute and spare us. But this is coming kind of diagonally and even if it varies a little bit at the end, it's still going to do a number. And the coastal flooding is supposed to be about the same as it was for Helene, which is for the Barrier Islands. That's going to be brutal for those people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you mentioned, I mean that Milton is forecast to kind of take a much more west to east direction.
Speaker 3: Than Helene did.
Speaker 6: Helene was much more you know, vertical, much more south to north. And you mentioned going to north to Atlanta? Is that really the only can you go south?
Speaker 3: What do the roads look like? I mean, are they even?
Speaker 6: Is it good luck? I seventy five is packed? What does it look like going south?
Speaker 7: You know, here's the problem with Florida. If you go south and it does take a veer to the south, you're just as screwed as if you stayed put. I mean, that's the issue. We had a few years ago. We had a really big storm come and it wound up hitting both coasts and there was just no place for people to evacuate too. So the problem with Florida is the only way out is north, and at this point, if people are going that's where they're going. And you can get on I seventy five south. You could probably you're not going to see much traffic.
Speaker 6: How do you decide whether to go or to stay.
Speaker 7: Well, I was actually supposed to be in Vegas this week, so I decided to stay. When I saw it was supposed to come ashore as a hurricane three, I had a work conference, and so but we've got hurricane glass, we've got covers. We're in the best place we can be if I were, and we're like twenty thirty miles inland, so we're not quite as worried about the storm surg if I were down on the water. I mean, first of all, when we moved, we moved to a place that was not in an evacuation zone. That was part of the strategy. But if I were in one of those places, honestly, I'm not sure what I would do at this point, because you're locked in at this point. If you're here.
Speaker 3: Staying here, mostly do you have enough toilet paper?
Speaker 7: You know, yes, I do. I don't measure the number of squares that I used. I just pull off the appropriate amount and do my business and we're done here. I don't I've never done a study of it the way you guys.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no, no, no, let me defend myself. I gave a range because of your exact because I also don't keep track of it.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing. I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: I actually never really thought about it. I mean, I had ballparked it. But yeah, like you know, I think everyone was talking about Wayne Resnik and Carl Uh this weekend.
Speaker 3: You know, when you retake a little bit more attention.
Speaker 7: But I don't. I don't want to think about Wayne and what he does after he does his business. That's private time. I don't need to visualize that. I've got enough on my mind right now without thinking of Wayne or god forbid, Bill Handle doing what he does. So he's late coming back from breaks, that's really not that's just that's too much.
Speaker 3: Chris, thank you.
Speaker 7: Hey, Yeah, And I'll keep in Touchully. We'll have we'll have electricity and stuff. But thanks for thanks for talking to me.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, keep up. Keep the updates coming as well. Again, it looks like Hurricane Milton grew in strength to a category five just before the show started, so it's been several hours now at a category five. They expect the intensity to peak sometime tomorrow. Morning and then slowly begin to diminish, but it could still hit the west coast of Florida as a Category three hurricane, and as Chris mentioned, Tampa right now is kind of in the center of the crosshairs, but it could veer north or south from there over the next couple of days. So not out of the woods by any means anytime soon.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got Madonna news, We've got Celine.
Speaker 3: Dion news, Carrie Underwood, something.
Speaker 6: For everybody, a little bit of everything. And the argument about whether post Malone and Beyonce should be included in Country music awards.
Speaker 3: Oh, who's having that argument? There are a lot of people, do they are not hassed off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: People care? I don't. I haven't watched one of those awards shows in forever. I still like them. Is that because I'm an old now? Probably?
Speaker 6: And also they end up on Sundays or Monday nights, so you're watching football at least in this time of year.
Speaker 1: I thought there was something on last night, some sort of.
Speaker 3: Which is CBS.
Speaker 6: And that's why the sixty Minutes interview with Kamala Harris was bumped to tonight is because they did the Academy of no American Music Awards, Academy of American Country Music Awards, Shows.
Speaker 1: Of Music Awards, and awards because of America.
Speaker 3: And therefore, I hope say almost and because we have my fall up.
Speaker 1: I was ramping up. I don't know what was going to come out of my mouth.
Speaker 4: Come back.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 6: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap