Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Gary, Jeff been for Sloani on his Friday about nine minutes after the hour. I want to open up this morning with just some thoughts. Yesterday I went to a visitation for a great lady who passed just about a week ago. I guess today. Her name was Armina Lee. You may just know her as Mina as most of the denizens of Mama Street knew her. That's how I referred to her. That's how I knew Mina. She was the grand Dame, the matriarch of nightlife in Newport. Owned two of the last adult clubs there. You may have heard of them, The Brass Mule or the brass Ass in the Brass Bowl. Also, her family owns the bar where I've worked for the last fifteen plus years, Huddles. They're on Mama Street, and the first things that come to mind when I think of the legacy of Mina Lee on this earth, and I know she's in glory with her Savior, Jesus Christ. She was very open about her faith and her belief that she was a save center like the rest of us who believe such. The one thing I can say about Mina in this life is she was a tour de force. She was a survival artist on the highest order. How many people through the years, through the decades tried unsuccessfully to close Mina down, and she withstood at all. She was a great family lady. She had this incredible will, this incredible life force, and she had incredible amounts of love especially for her husband, her children, her grandchildren, her great grandchildren, and as a friend to me. I can be honest with I probably only spoke to minal Lee maybe seven times total in the entire fifteen years I worked there. Well, that doesn't mean she was hands off. If she needed you to do something or not do something, you would know. But I owe her a great deal just from my livelihood providing me an opportunity the way she provided countless others men and women through the years an opportunity to make a living through her businesses. So I just wanted to open up this morning condolences obviously to the family. I got to see almost everybody for the brief few minutes at Christen two point zero and I were there, And to the memory of Minor Lee gone to glory. Now I can't say enough about not only her persistence, her ability to survive, but also the great love that she showed not just to her family, but to everyone who came into contact with her. And the thing is, when you share love like that, I believe it's not just to that person, it is to every person they wind up meeting after you have shared that love and that loving spirit with them. So there are a lot of people that Mina Lee touched that brought her sense of love and compassion all around the world after meeting her. A great lady will definitely be missed on Mama Street and so many other places around the country and around the world. Rest in peace, Mina nine nineteen. Garret Jevn for Scott Sloan on seven und WLW five one three seven four nine seven one eight hundred D big one to get in touch, and I would really appreciate your help because I'm having a hard time understanding things and it starts with evs and more specifically Tesla's because they've been in the news because of all the vandalism and all the violence perpetrated against dealerships and now owners and there's supposed to be some big push a week from to tomorrow on March twenty ninth, the Jasmine Crockett of all people is encouraging people to to I don't know what she's encouraging people to do. Assassinate Tesla owners follow him home right in their driveway. I never was a fan. I've never been interested in owning an electric vehicle. And if you've listened to me for any amount of time, and you'll hear me with doctor Redstone after the news at nine point thirty from the CO two coalition. It's not because I have anything against them necessarily, but I don't want to be told that's what I have to buy, that's what I have to drive to save the planet, because that's horse hockey at the very least.
Speaker 3: Maybe some other animals scat too.
Speaker 2: But that being said, not being a big fan or a big proponent of something like tax subsidies. If you buy an electric car to save the planet and cut down on your fossil fuel carbon footprint, it I mean, that's all well and good if that's what you choose to do, but having get imposed like the Biden administration and the green new scam artists tell you have to by a certain date or the sea level is going to rise and We're going to all be covered up, and the planet is destined, doomed for extinction no more.
Speaker 3: CO two means the planet's never been greener.
Speaker 2: But what I want you to explain is why it's a good tactic to throw molotov cocktails and set teslas on fire, to set the charging stations on fire, to fire weapons into them. This just smacks of all the Antifa and b L garbage that America pretty much put up with in twenty twenty. We all remember that, don't we Apparently some people are forgotten, But this I don't. I don't get. What's your point? Can anybody defend torching tesla's now the phones are empty?
Speaker 3: Of course not.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: This is so nonsensical and it is so rife with domestic terrorism. It's exactly what it is now the definition of terrorism, And I think terrorism is often overused, but the definition of terrorism is to terrorize, or to intimidate, or to commit acts of violence in furtherance of a political goal. What is the goal when you're torching a tesla? To intimidate anyone who would drive one? How dare you drive a car made by Elon Musk? Are you Are you a Nazi too? And that's something you can't I can't get anybody to explain how Donald Trump or Elon Musk or Nazis when the people who were opposing them are acting like totalitarian Nazis on a regular basis. It's all the pot kittle black stuff of the finger pointing, in the nonsense, the hypocrisy. I just wish somebody could explain it to me because I think it's another sign of mental illness. We talk about gender dysphoria all the time, which is a mental defect. It's a mental disease. Gender dysphoria. The Trump arrangement syndrome, and now the Musk derangement syndrome that we are seeing in the country is nothing more than another mental illness, and you should really see a professional if you're suffering from it to the extent that you're going to throw Molotov cocktails and fire guns into automobiles because they're made by a man you don't like. Alan in Springfield, Hello, welcome to the show. Your thoughts? Can you straighten me out on this is going on right now? Why this nonsense keeps happening in this country?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I can, but first I want to say I loved your opening dialogue. I don't know the lady that you were referring to, but I love hearing about people around Cincinnati and Kentucky that are good. People like it, So thank you for talking at the very beginning about the lady you've worked for.
Speaker 6: And I like that.
Speaker 5: Second of all, in regards to I'm not going to say you straight because people are just nuts. It all goes back to it all goes back to the same wine. We hear from everybody.
Speaker 4: My side, my side, my side, and.
Speaker 5: I don't like Joe Biden and I don't like Donald Trump. That's fine, though, I want to see that everybody succeed and try to do something good for everyone.
Speaker 7: But this is stupid.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't like how you know Elon Musks. You know they a couple of times they showed him with that chainsaw on the news.
Speaker 6: They try to make him look bad.
Speaker 4: I don't care about.
Speaker 5: That, but people Democrats are stupid on the fact that they prop up that guy's business and when he doesn't agree with what they were attenda, they're trying to tear him down like vicious animals. And I've seen Republicans do it too on certain stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's just like, give me this, Ellen, Just give me an example of Republicans committing acts of violence for someone that they disagree with politically. I mean, and don't don't cite January sixth. I'm talking about an everyday life. Cite something that Republicans do that are like what Democrats and Democrats supporters are doing to tesler dealerships or to burning down federal buildings during twenty twenty during the George Fly Floyd wrightes.
Speaker 4: But tell me, tell me, tell me what I can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it doesn't usually happen.
Speaker 4: It happens.
Speaker 3: It happens on the left all the time.
Speaker 7: It does.
Speaker 5: It does, and they should be called out more on it. But the only place is gonna call it out or places like yours say, you're not gonna hear it on the on the evening news.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's you know, that's just all crap.
Speaker 5: But but my point is it still goes back to people.
Speaker 7: People are just drawing.
Speaker 5: They drew their lines in the sand fifteen years ago, and nobody works with anym and no one tries.
Speaker 1: To do I do.
Speaker 5: There are things that Donald Trump's trying to do that I agree with, and there'd be people be like, you're nuts that I run with, But then there's other people that it's like, wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, take a good look.
Speaker 5: At where we are as the country. We need to work together, and people are going to fight him at everything he does.
Speaker 4: And I will say this, I wish.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump could work on delivering messages better than he does.
Speaker 7: I really do.
Speaker 5: I don't like the way he delivers stuff.
Speaker 7: I think he would have.
Speaker 5: Been more successful in his first term had he delivered stuff.
Speaker 4: Better than the way he doesn't.
Speaker 5: But then again, you're constantly being fought by the Democrats always say we're for peace, love and everyone get along. They are the most vicious.
Speaker 7: People going after their opponents. I agree with you on all that, Gary.
Speaker 6: Jeff, for sure.
Speaker 5: So I appreciate you on the radio, and I think you're a breath of fresh air sometimes and I don't always agree with you, and that is fine, but I like listening to you, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Matt allen Is I like to say, I am I and you are you, and that's perfectly fine with me. All right, buddy, thanks thanks for the call. I mean it made some good points, but again, he could not cite one example of the right or people who call themselves Conservatives or Republicans torching someone's business or trying to take someone down because they disagreed with them politically. And as he as, it's obvious when Elon Musk was voting Democrat before he was supporting Donald Trump, the Democrats and the left loved him. What a genius sending rockets into space, starlink, neuralink, this incredible vehicle that is going to be the car of the future. And now the same people are torching them in parking lots, in dealerships, and dosing people who are Tesla owners so they can be targeted on the streets, all because of their insanity. The Trump derangement syndrome, the Elon Musk derangement syndrome, is nothing but a meta It's a mental illness period over. As I mentioned, we have doctor Gregory Stenstrom. Note that's next week, Gregory writes Stone. I got my Greg's confused. Doctor Gregory Writestone, executive director of the CO two Coalition and author of a very convenient warming, which he says we're experiencing right now on EVS on all the rest, plus Grant Barry who's a minister and an author to join us and tell us how we can actually unite together as peoples in this country and how we better do it, and much more. Austin Elmore on bracketbusting and the like. As turn time is here, March madness, it's nine thirty, let's go seven out or WLW. What is the truth and what are the lies about climate change? We certainly heard a lot about it over the last particularly twenty five years, and certainly there were a lot of people who believe the quote unquote settled science until they maybe took a look around and discovered that there was information that was being withheld from them. There were data models, and there were so called facts that weren't actually so factual. And one of the people helping to let all of us understand what the real story is with the climate, with CO two, with the Green New scam some people call it Green New Deal legislation and mandates to help us understand this is a guy who's been at the forefront, the executive director of the CO two Coalition, a geologist and the best selling author of Inconvenient Facts, The Science that Al Gore does not want you to know, and very Convenient Warming, his newest book, along with all the research materials and educational materials that his group, the CO two Coalition, does on a daily basis. Let's talk to Gregory wright Stone for that. Doctor wright Stone, how are you today?
Speaker 4: Oh? Really good?
Speaker 7: Lots of things happening in our If you're a climate skeptic like i am, or you might call me a climate realist, boy, it's felt the last decade or decade and a half, it's felt like we've had a strong head when we were fighting. Now the wind is at our back with the new Trump administration, with lee Z elden in and this administrator of.
Speaker 8: The e p A. Chris Wright at Department of.
Speaker 7: Energy, Bergham at Interior. Well I'm not as hot on him, but boy, there's a lot going on, and so we've been busy, busy, busy. But you're you're right in your intro here. Your listeners are being lied to on a daily basis about what's actually happening with climate change, and you're right. My first book, Inconvenient Facts, I pretty clearly documented that there is no climate crisis. And we've moved a little bit further, no, a lot further from that there is no climate crisis. That's easily proved, but we've gone beyond that to say that not only is there not a climate crisis, but the modest warming, combined with more CO two are benefiting Earth's ecosystems by almost every metric we look at, from the near polar regions to the equator, and in turn, that's benefiting humanity and improving the human condition. So things aren't spiraling into a death spiral for man made catastrophic warming, but rather life is good and getting better, and we should.
Speaker 4: Celebrate that the planet.
Speaker 7: We should celebrate the huge benefits.
Speaker 2: The planet is greening, actually, and it's detectable via satellite, is it not, Doctor Redskin?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: And what's really interesting too, we've increased atmosphereic CO two by about fifty percent since industrial revolution. We were I'm not going to give you too many numbers here, but we were at about two hundred and eighty parts per million two hundred years ago, one hundred and fifty years ago. We're at four to twenty ppm today. That's a fifty percent increase, and it's it's increased because of our use of fossil fuels. As you burn fossil fuels, coal oil, natural gas one of the main components. When you burn it, you produce water, vapor, and carbon dioxide. And so that's that's that's the reason we're increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, our use of fossil fuels. But again we should treasure that. And what's interesting too, we know pretty pretty detailed how much, how many, how much human emissions of CO two we're doing, and how what nature is and only fifty percent of what we're emitting shows up in the atmosphere, So we're emitting twice as much CO two is what shows up in the atmosphere, And you might say, well, what's going on there? Two things, the biome of the earth, vegetation for the most part, are using that. It's greening the earth, and that's taking half of our emissions out of the atmosphere. The ocean is are also what we call a sink, and that sink of carbon dox I increased carbon dox But it's mainly plant growth, and it's just spectacular what we see the increase of.
Speaker 4: Vegetation.
Speaker 7: The main benefit we see is in increasing crop productivity. We're seeing almost every metric you look at and all the crops I look in my new book as the top eight crops in the world, and each one of them you should see the last fifty years just increasing production year after year after year. And that's because of warming and more two. Warming means we have longer grow in the seasons, killing frosts, and earlier in the spring and arrived later in the fall. And I know around in southern Ohio with some fruit orchards there, what's a fruit or if you own a fruit orchard, what do you fear the most? It's a late spring killing frost, isn't it? That will ruin your entire year. But now because the growing season has length and since nineteen hundred, I get this more than two weeks, and so that's hugely beneficial. You don't get those late spring killing frosts. And we're also getting more plantings with a longer growing season, and that's turbocharged then by what's called the CO two fertilization effect. More CO two means greater, greater and faster crop growth and plant growth.
Speaker 8: One of the.
Speaker 7: Things everything anything that's bad, they relate to climate changed out that there was one, but some of it is actually true. The the one that's that I laugh at is there was a study out that man's emissions at CO two and global warming was going to cause poison ivy to increase. And you know what, they're right because CO two fertilization is an equal opportunity plant food, So you know, would would would poison ivy grow faster with higher CO two?
Speaker 3: Yep, everything, every everything.
Speaker 9: We're talking to Gregory Wrightstone, executive director of the Climate or the CO two Coalition in Arlington, Virginia, we're talking about these this this lashback h on Elon Musk and the tesla's being set on fire.
Speaker 2: And you know, these groups, whether they're registered Democrats or they just vote Democrat, or they're a tool of Democrat uh, extremists on on the far left. These are the same people that told us that we have to convert to e vs to electric vehicles to save the planet. Apparently now they don't care about it, which shows you, I think, and other people have mentioned it, it shows you that they weren't serious about all the climate not so garbage in the first place. If they can change on a dime, simply because of the guy that is the head of the company that makes the cars they don't like politically, you know, whatever whatever fits at the moment. Are you seeing that as well, doctor Wrightsdale, Oh, oh.
Speaker 7: It's the hypocrisy is unbelievable. Not only are they burning these evs and they're the tests or the teslas, but when you do that, you're emitting really bad stuff into the atmosphere, especially lifting am eye on battery fires to create terribly toxic smoke and fumes. But not only that, you're really you're leasing all this the demon molecule carbon dioxide. And it's just it's rank hypocrisy from these people. Uh, they're it's going to be interested in see who's who's funding. With the funding sources, it'll probably lead back to George Soros or all of these environmental groups with billions of dollars to throw at it. And some of these people. We look at Stacy Abrams, she was one of eight or nine of these green groups that got twenty billion dollars. I believe she got.
Speaker 4: Two billions two billion dollars.
Speaker 7: For nonprofit she that was just formed last year and in twenty twenty three it only received one hundred dollars. Now she get it. They dumped two billion into her there's a radical judge. Lee's ell at EPA is trying to shut that money down, twenty billion dollars, and a judge I believe in California has said, no, no, no, you know they're you need to give that money to those green groups. And it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was a fire sale of cash out the end of the Biden administration, isn't it. Frankly, I don't think that Jill had anything to do with it or knew about it, but but all of his underlings and minions said, we got to get We got to get rid of this money now because our NGOs and our pet projects and the people that we've promised to are not going to get this from Donald Trump, so we have to do this. It was shameful the way they wield open the vault and wield the money out of our money, your money, my money, anybody who pays taxes money. People think that the government just has money on their on their own. No, the government's money comes from all of us. And I don't think I checked off on giving two billion dollars to Stacy Abrams of my money, did you not?
Speaker 1: At all?
Speaker 4: And it was really clear.
Speaker 7: At EPA and then the buy the administration, they said what they're.
Speaker 8: Doing, they called it.
Speaker 6: It was in the.
Speaker 7: Waning days of buy deministration they proudly proclaimed, we're throwing gold bars off the Titanic. In other words, they're just throwing money our mind, as you say, they're just taking a torch to it and burning it with no good and it's just crazy and the waste and fraud and abused. It's been found by Doge and Elon Musk and his team is incredible, and a lot of it went to cure climate climate crisis. They're throwing money to solve a non existent crisis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in your book, A very convenient warming, the latest one, how modest warming and more CO two are benefiting humanity? What are things like CO two pipelines doing to the climent? See that This is what I don't get. We're supposed to be saving the planet, saving the climate with our actions, when our actions really have very negligible negative effects. But they do have positive effects in just being part of the biome that you mentioned before and being what they're a positive part of the biome because CO two is necessary. You know, we're also probably big polluters, each one of us every time we breathe out, aren't we?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's part of what's called the Endangerment Finding that leez Elden just last week announced in a wonderful I'm believeing now it's thirty two regulations, So they were going to be rolling back in. The Endangerment Finding was one of them, and that was in two thousand and nine, the Obama EPA determined the carbon dioxides and pollutant that can be regulated, and boy they did, and they've used that determination of CO two as a pollutant to really underlie everything else else they've done to restrict the freedoms of your listeners. And you and I are both pro choice in that we want to give our ear listeners the choice of what kind of car to drive, the choice of their washing machine of choice, to buy their dryer, dishwasher of and we could go on and on, ceiling fans. They're trying to strip away your listeners freedom systematically. And what Lee's Elden and the Trump administration now we're doing or are saying, no, no, no, your listeners should have even to buy a dishwasher that can be completed in forty five minutes instead of three hours, or that they can buy a shower head that allows the water to flow freely instead of being restricted at the government regulate and flow rate. All these things just it's supercharged in anti state and government overreach and thankfully hopefully it's ending.
Speaker 2: How important was it for us to be immediately out of the Paris Climate Accords, Well, that was that was a board that freedom.
Speaker 7: We knew. Yeah, that was a big step, but we hadn't really in Paris Climate Cords. There were certain goals that were in place. Since we had never really signed on to them, we weren't bound. But they were determined to give money to this climate slush fund. They called it climate reparations with people like these islands in the Indian Ocean and the Caribbean and the Pacific Ocean that we're going to be underwater. And there's the leaders of those islands are standing there with they're with their hands out raised, you know, waiting to for us to like billions of dollars into their laps to be wasted. And I'm not sure if we've talked about it before, but in the UNS determined that the mound dives in the Indian Ocean are the most at risk island chain. The Mouldives are just above water. But the fact that and they're supposed to be underwater by twenty fifty. The fact that it is the Mount Beeves fifteen thousand years ago, we're just above water, and in last fifteen thousand years sea level has risen four hundred feet. Why are the Mount Beeves not under four hundred feet of water? You might ask? And it's because of a geologic process known as accretion.
Speaker 4: And you could just.
Speaker 7: Go go google it search for island accretion. You can learn about it. And so these are mostly coral. Coral grows really quickly, you can keep up with sea level rise.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But on top of that is this type of accretion allows the coral, corals and sands to be washed up onto the shore and then distributed across the island. So it's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Are you saying, Greg, Are you saying that the earth takes care of itself?
Speaker 3: Kind of?
Speaker 4: I mean a sort of Basically, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: There's a fouls of violins have seen four hundred feet of sea level rise. And actually if you look at the in the Pacific, it's called the Great coral triangle. The majority of the islands or have had either stable in terms of size or either stable or growing, and they're not going underwater at all.
Speaker 8: And it's fun.
Speaker 7: It gets through the corals. There's this thing called the parrot fish. You've probably get this big beak.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Actually they actually eat the coral, right, and it goes in one end and out the other. So the sands are predominantly eighty percent of the sands that you see there is parrotfish poop.
Speaker 8: And it's what it is.
Speaker 7: It's just you know, coming in one end.
Speaker 2: You know, I have to I have to end the conversation there, and I am so glad we got to hear parrotfish poop before we were done on a discussion on climate from the CO two coalition.
Speaker 3: Gregory Wrightstone, thank you so much, what sir.
Speaker 4: As always, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, good stuff, break and then Grant Barry will join us afternoons.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be an americanity?
Speaker 2: Hey ho, let's go into another hour, Gary Jeff Walker on the Scott Sloan Show. Sloaney obviously out if you hadn't noticed by now, it's great to be with you. I will start at the top of this hour by saying I'm not Jewish, but I am a Zionist. Zionism Zionism the definition is it's a nationalist movement with the goal of creation and support of a Jewish national state in the place that we call Israel. And it basically means that a Zionist believes that the land of Israel is for Jews, that God gave them, this is promising and their ancient homeland where they've been living for thousands of years. And yet other people are trying to stake ownership in some of this land. They call them Palestinians or whatever. But in this country, the anti Semitism that we have seen rise up, specifically since that October day when Hamas representing those people that call themselves Palestinians, and the murder and the rape and the torture that went on and the incursion into Israel horrific, the worst since the Holocaust, sparked all these protests in our country on college campuses, and it's happened again, and we see this violence directed towards Jewish people after these great atrocities have been committed against Jewish peapleeople, all in the name of pro Palestinian causes, i e. Hamas has Bellah, these terror groups that are sadly misguiding a bunch of Arabs down a very very dark path. But we're divided in this country too, and there has been a rise of anti Semitism in America. Somebody who has been trying to remedy that and trying to unite Jews and Christian believers is our next guest. He's a minister and author, and he is also the head of the Romans nine to eleven Project, which is an initiative that calls the church to recognize and embrace its Jewish roots. Jesus was a Jew. Before there was Christianity, there was Judaism. Now a new covenant with God. Grant Berry, Welcome to the Scott Sloan Show. I'm Gary Jeff, and it's great to have you on. How are today?
Speaker 10: I'm doing really good.
Speaker 2: It's great to be with you, fantastic. I'm glad you could join us. So my definition of Zionism is pretty on cue. I've looked at all the you know, the definitions that are available Britannic and Miriam Webster and the like, and Zionism just is a belief that Israel is for the Jews. This was the promised land that God gave the Jewish people. And then of course then came a new covenant, Jesus Christ, who lived and taught and then died for our sins and was resurrected.
Speaker 3: And you say that it's.
Speaker 2: It's actually God's call that the Jewish and the Christian believers would become one, and you're working towards that unity.
Speaker 3: Tell me how it's going.
Speaker 10: Well, I think it's the aw before the wedding, and most of us those parents the things that can happen right before a wedding. Yet when the bride walks down the aisle, she is in all her glory. But first there is a mess I think you should prayed it correctly for a complete unity, for his body to be restored to that the world would know. And so here we are moving into God's end time plans. And yet the Church is still greatly divided. So really a rebuild is needed first to restore other unity, first in the body of Christ, in the body of Messiah, that we can fulfill.
Speaker 7: God's call to be a light to the world.
Speaker 10: And so especially nour as Israel awakens the Lord looks to restore this love and unity foundationally between Jewish and gentile believers, as well as with all races and many of our theological divides, to bring the remnant of God those that call on his name, that those.
Speaker 7: Yeshua referred to as his sheep.
Speaker 10: That know his voice, that we would come together in a love and unity and demonstraight the love of Yashua to a lost world that can draw them to jealousy and once again cause the Kingdom of God to arise.
Speaker 2: So we're not we're not We're not there yet. Though we're not there yet, Grant. And you see that every day in these protests at Columbia and the Trump Tower takeover that we saw in New York City, all just in the name of basically a terror group named him as representing. And there are many people who call themselves Christians who have been expressing this anti Semitism. How do you get the message to those people that you know and I know people who still want to blame the Jews.
Speaker 8: And to.
Speaker 2: You know, as a Christian, like I said, as a Christian, I know that the Jewish people are part of their God's people and they're part of the plan. But I mean, how do you break through to these misguided in some cases and in many cases just people who want to divide. Uniters have a tough time when the the market of division is so freely exchanged right now, especially in this country.
Speaker 10: Well, okay, Gary, I think let's understand first that complete unity will not come until until Jesus comes and establishes this kingdom on the earth. But first his body needs to reconcile. You know, when you look at John seventeen and the emphasis that Jesus prays on for the glory of God, it's connected to the unity in his family, and the enemy has divided us. Judgment begins first in the house, and there are negative influences of generational antisemitism for thousands of years that have passed down the bloodline that we need to face in the church. The Father wants to in a sense, releases mercy to us, wash us clean and get us ready. And so first the body needs to get cleaned up to properly represent your sure that the world would once again be jealous for what we have. I mean, when we read the Book of Acts, when the Church first began, the power, the glory of God was all over it and so we need to deal with those things first.
Speaker 8: In the body.
Speaker 10: And we have a teaching called the Romans nine on one project that exposes the way that the enemy has wrought all of these divisions, and we give opportunity for the body to get cleaned up.
Speaker 4: We're never going.
Speaker 10: To fully win over those that are against the Gospel. I mean, we're dealing with light and darkness.
Speaker 7: Here and uh.
Speaker 10: And we know ultimately the light winds, but there will be many caught under the darkness and unfortunately will perish. But God wants none of us to perish. And so we need to in a sense allow the Father to rebuild us that we can bring many more with us. And of course we're dealing here very much with light and darkness and spiritual forces that are under current to lots of these Uh. This swirl of anti Semitism, if you like, and I think I think it's not going to diminish, if anything, it's going to increase.
Speaker 2: So you expect you expect more of these headlines, more of these stories of protests of people not only blocking say Jewish students from classes, but committing acts of violence. It's going to get worse before it ever gets better as I guess what you're saying.
Speaker 10: Well, let's look just how the media has spun this, this hamas representative in Columbia last year, trying to make out that you know that this is a freedom of speech issue, when when clearly.
Speaker 2: Well listen, when the other people's involved rights are being violated, you don't have a freedom.
Speaker 3: That's not freedom of speech.
Speaker 2: That's intimidation, that's coercion, that is violence and vandalism are not symbols of freedom of speech. And you know, we've seen these two with the torching of the Tesla dealerships, we saw it in the riots in twenty twenty and all the things that have happened that are anti Semitic in nature. For our conversation, it just it does seem to be getting ramped up, and the media is portraying it as these people are are oppressed.
Speaker 10: And even with the even with the counter attacks from Israel this week, everything was blamed on Israel. Meanwhile, it was a muster that broke the Sea spires, right, So you know, everything is spun by the liberal media that comes against Israel, and there's and we're only going to see this increase so more. The need for the Church to get fully right in its connection with Israel. And let me also say this, Jesus is coming back to establish his kingdom from Jerusalem from Israel, and those of his followers are called to be his priests and representative of that monarch. So there's a cultorate reconnection here that is also needed for the Church to come back towards Israel to properly represent it.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, it's it's the Romans nine one one project. Grant Barry is our guest, and I thank you so much for being with us, Pastor, how how can people find out if they want to know more about the Romans nine one one project?
Speaker 8: Thanks so much, Arry.
Speaker 10: We have a great teaching project called the Romans nine one one project dot org Romans nine one one project dot org and it's completely free and it's it's transformational video teaching series to help us get on track with the his rail piece.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you so much, and God bless you appreciate your time.
Speaker 8: Bless you too.
Speaker 2: All right, Grant Barry, there a break and back with more of the Slowly Show on a Friday on seven under WLW.
Speaker 3: Tournament time is here.
Speaker 2: The Madness of March has begun and one set of games in the books. Yesterday, I wasn't particularly surprised about much, but the Drake victory over Missouri was kind of in press. And what's really cool as we set up for the weekend in the second round of games, is that two former coaches of the Kentucky Wildcats, two former national championship coaches, will match up when Arkansas plays Saint John's tomorrow. That I mean to see John Calipari. And you know, the rap against Cali Perry was he could recruit, He can get the players, but when it comes to the x's and o's and executing, maybe not so much. With the talent he has, he did wonders with Arkansas, especially last night when it got tight, and it got tight against Kansas. In that game, you had John Kella Perry, John Perry out coaching Bill self. It was interesting to watch and Rick Patino just keeps on rolling along with Saint John's at a slow start last night and then you know they woke up and go, we're Saint John's. We're not losing. In this first round game to Omaha. They wound up being a thirty point blowout. So to talk about that and so much more, and there's still, you know, a full slate of games. Xavier will play Illinois tonight. That could set up a matchup with Kentucky. My buddy neighbor Gary, who walks Sweetpee up and down the sidewalk in front of our house there in Southgate, always wears his ex jacket, especially when it's getting chillier like it has been this week. And I saw him before the Xavier play in game on Wednesday, and he told me, Yeah, Xavier's gonna be whoever they played wins Texas. You're gonna beat Texas, then they're gonna beat Illinois, then they're gonna beat Kentucky, and then they'll lose. So he's predicting Xavier to get like as far as the Sweet sixteen, we shall see, not too far ahead of ourselves, Musketeers fans. But anyway, Austin Elmore, who was en route to a live broadcast for the tourney today we'll be checking in with us, just passed the news at ten thirty with a breakdown on brackets bust. Another thing about Austin is he has headed up I don't know for how many years now the bracket the NCAA tournament bracket here at iHeartMedia, I don't participate because I know I absolutely suck at picking those games. After years and years of following hoops and you know, watching everything I possibly could, gathering as much information as I could about all of the teams and all of the games and all of the players, I really don't do well when it comes to bracket time, and most people don't either. We'll see where Austin is after night number one, and what's ahead on the slate today, and talk a little Hoops, maybe talk a little Reds, and if possible, because the NFL season never ends, talk about some mingles stuff. In just a few minutes, Gary Jeff on The Sloaning Show in for Scott Sloan today and much morehead including Joe Evermore just after eleven o'clock Who is He find out? Really cool dad with some really cool kids. Plus former showrunner and writer for the hit TV series Blue Bloods right up until its finality, Kevin Wade will join us just after eleven thirty This Morning News.
Speaker 11: Now and Now a guy who gives us a three sixty degree view on sports every day on our sisters station, ESPN fifteen thirty and quite often appears here, as in right now on the Scott Sloan Show, The One and Only Austin Elmore, Where are you if anywhere?
Speaker 3: Give me a full report, Austin.
Speaker 4: Gary, Jeff. I am at home right now.
Speaker 6: I am C Brushley, preparing yes for the Sincy three sixty Live show at Oakley Greens this afternoon from twelve to three.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right now.
Speaker 2: Do they feed you at these events?
Speaker 4: I believe so, yes, most of them?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: I saw Mike Mills. You know that.
Speaker 2: You know Mikey, the producer extraordinaire, it guy engineer he is. He is planning on being there, I think, And he said, you know the great thing about it isn't all the work and all the lugging of all the equipment and perhaps babysitting animals like you. It's it's the free food. So he's looking forward to free food as well. You don't know what's on the menu, do you.
Speaker 6: Well they have all sorts of stuff. They've got pizzas and flatbreads, and I had some burger sliders the last time I was there.
Speaker 3: Very nice.
Speaker 6: It's an extensive menu.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, now we've gotten past the menu. What about what's on the menu while you were there? Obviously it's the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, the championship. We're into the second half of the sixty four team field. Last night a bunch of games. What has surprised you about last night? If anything? I mean, there were a couple of quote unquote upsets, but there's always a twelve versus five or an eleven versus six that wins out, you know, and it's not chalk. That's why the brackets get busted. And usually oft times, by the time Friday has done, everybody's basket is brackets could put except for maybe one or two teams. So what surprised you last night and Thursday's games?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know that there was a ton of surprises. I mean, obviously McNee State taking down Clemsons, who had a pretty solid season. I think one of the bigger stories of the tournament so far is that the ACC has not performed very well. The Big Ten has the Big Ten is four to oh and they still have Michigan State to go tonight. But maybe the most notable was Arkansas beating Kansas. Kansas hasn't lost in the Red to sixty four in a long long time, and Coach Call and Arkansas were able to beat him last night, now setting up a round of thirty two matchup between Coach Cow and Rick Patino at Saint John's. So that's that's spicy. I didn't pick Arkansas in any of my brackets, just because I'm so used to picking Kansas in March. But Coach Cow and that group did a great job last night, and they're into the round of thirty two to take on Patino. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Correction, the SEC did lose a game. They Missouri lost to Drake last night. Isn't Missouri the Big ten? The Big Ten's four to Oh okay, I thought you said the SEC. Now, the SEC had more teams, a record amount of teams in the tournament, and they did pretty well last night, outside of Missouri's loss to Drake, which may or may not have been a surprise.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But still my Vanderbilt Commodores have to play today and there's a chance they could move on. Were you surprised or shocked that the SEC got fourteen out of sixteen teams into the tournament?
Speaker 6: I would say I was surprised. I don't know that. I would say I was shocked. It's been a good conference, and it's kind of interesting in the NIL and the transfer portal era. We've kind of seen this on the football side, and now we're seeing it on the base basketball side, which is these teams are a lot more even there's a lot of the same team in the SEC because those you know, those players that might not play at one school might be able to easily transfer within the conference to another school. And I think the talent has kind of balanced out in that conference. You saw it in football, you saw it all throughout the basketball season this year, and that was a big reason why they got so many teams in the tournament. So I wouldn't say it was shocked, just mildly surprised.
Speaker 2: Is it a detriment when you have so much parody and there are so many dog fights night tonight week to week in a conference that you get decimated by the time you reach March Madness and the NCAA Tournament. I mean that is that always a factor that can factor in at the end of a season.
Speaker 6: I think I would say it's the opposite. I think it better prepares you for the NCAA tournament for the different styles of teams that you're going to play. Being able to adapt to anything and having seen so much throughout conference play, I think it can help you. I think the Big Yeast is kind of going through that a little bit as well. There's a lot of really good teams in the Big YaST that play different styles of ball, and when you go throughout that the entire season, you're kind of prepared for anything once you get to the tournament.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing I was going to mention is, and I think we briefly touched on this, you've headed up the bracket challenge for here at iHeartMedia for how many years now, Austin?
Speaker 4: I think this is my third year, right?
Speaker 3: And have you won both previous times?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I thought you won. I thought you won.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're in charge of it, if you're in charge of it and you can, you know, it's not who votes, it's who counts the vote.
Speaker 3: Austin. I just wonder for you.
Speaker 6: I could pocket the cash anyway.
Speaker 2: For you to fudge on the tournament. I mean, the results are the results. How are you doing so far on your bracket after after last night's games?
Speaker 6: You know, if it's any indication Gary Jeff, of the way yesterday went. I have not even checked my bracket this morning. I'm afraid to look at it.
Speaker 2: I know you didn't pick you didn't pick Arkansas. You didn't pick Arkansas and Arkansas one.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I didn't pick Drake and Drake one.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's too.
Speaker 6: There's there's a there's a lot of that. I tried to kind of go off the wall this year too. I tried to pick a few us upsets. I tried to go the way I wouldn't normally do, and it's it's hurting me.
Speaker 2: Are you normally a chalk picker? Then you say you tried to go with a few ups Oh you are? You are the chalk guy. You're like the rockhawk, jayhawk, no matter whether it's Jayhawks, whoever, the higher seed is, whoever you've seen in your eyes, and you forget that it's a one and done tournament. You just say no that that number one is gonna beat that number eight.
Speaker 3: I just know it just by most of.
Speaker 6: The time I am. My final four is two two's and one to one seed, or two to one seeds and two two seeds. I'm sorry, I have a bit of an echo in my ear, so hearing myself over. But yeah, I have two two's and two ones, two.
Speaker 2: Twos, and who are those two twos and two ones? Can you tell me?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 6: Oh? You know, that's a great question. I think I have Michigan State.
Speaker 2: Okay, not a bad pick and not the only tom tom Izzo was there every year and it doesn't matter what players he has. Isn't that wild that tom Izzo is always a factor when it comes down to the NCAA tournament always.
Speaker 6: Yeah, always has his teams ready to go. I have him in Michigan's State playing Houston in the National Championship. I believe, and I take Houston to win.
Speaker 3: Houston.
Speaker 2: A lot of people has said, have said Duke or Auburn. Which do you have Duke or Auburn in your final four?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I don't believe I do all right.
Speaker 2: Well, Auburn, I mean they don't need even the ghost of Charles Barkley. That is as complete a team as I think there is that I've seen this year. And what makes you think that Auburn's going to get knocked out?
Speaker 6: I have no real reason to believe that they are going to get knocked out. It was just one of those moments where I was trying to pick some other teams.
Speaker 4: Everybody I knew would be picking Auburn to win.
Speaker 6: So I was like, all right, well I'm going to go with some other teams here to come out of that region. So they're really good. They struggled a little bit towards the end of the season, and you know, it's a grind and anything can happen. I don't really have a good reason not for picking them.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is what is the average in what you've seen as the bracketologist here on staff Austin Elmore, what is the average winning percentage of the person who wins in picking the tournament? I mean, because a lot of times by the first weekend, everybody's out. I've heard that time a year after year after you said, well my bracket's completely done. I got no shot. And I mean there's somebody out there who may pick a perfect bracket, but it never happens. Nobody is ever perfect. What's a good what's a good winning percentage for somebody?
Speaker 4: I think it's probably right around eighty percent. Really, I guess that good.
Speaker 3: That's hard to believe.
Speaker 6: I mean, your backet's never really busted until your national championship pick is eliminated. And most people still have the top teams getting to the elite eight in the file four. So that's how you get the points for those teams playing and winning in those later rounds. So I would guess eighty percent is I have no data to back that up.
Speaker 2: That's just a guess, all right, of all the other news that happened this past week, you know, tournament aside, let's do let's do your thoughts, because I've talked to several people and it's been a few days on the signings of both t Higgins and Jamar Chase. Something you always expected or was it something that you thought might not happen.
Speaker 6: Definitely not something I would say I expected, and I certainly didn't expect it to get done before opening day. I thought this would drag out into the summer. I thought Jamar would maybe drag out into training camp, just because we've seen the Bengals do that before, and there were reports out there that they were far apart. But they made a lot of progress during the NFL scouting combine. When you look at the Bengals roster there's not a lot of guys moving forward that you're going to be paying a lot of money to.
Speaker 4: But you do.
Speaker 6: You know Burrow, Chase Higgins, that's the foundation, and those guys have proven commodities, so you feel comfortable paying them now and then figuring out the rest of the roster later. We'll see what happens with Trey Henderson. I guess it's trending in the direction that they'll come up with an extension for him as well. That's a pretty good start. But the problem is looking at this team on paper, they're mostly the same team from a year ago. They're slightly better against the run defense against the run on defense, but they need help on the offensive line. And I think the point could be made, does it matter if you have Higgins and Chase and Burrow if you don't have people to protect Joe Burrow.
Speaker 4: That's the issue.
Speaker 2: Sure, but I think we all should. I think you owen Mike Brown and the Bengals organization a great to thank you, and you're sorry that you beat them up.
Speaker 6: Right, Listen, there is nobody in media in this town that has defended Mike Brown in the Bengals more than me.
Speaker 3: Oh there, you go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you know, maybe they could be sending me a thank you. I don't know, but either way, everybody should be happy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There have been other voices that have been and you know, they're mostly the shrill voices of fans who will complain about anything they do at any given time because they think it's their birthright for the Bengals to win a Super Bowl. They think it's their birthright to expect somebody else to pony up their cash because they have a right to a winner here in Cincinnati. Do you feel like you've got that always kills me. Whether it's an Ohio State football fan, whether it's a UK basketball fan, whether that's that shrill voice I was talking about, that's a Cincy Bengals, a long suffering Bengals fan that just demands that they spend this much money and they get this player, they get that player, or they ought to be run out of town on a rail. But you know the mentality I'm talking.
Speaker 6: About, Yeah, I think that's the mentality every fan should have in every sport. Your team should be aggressively pursuing a championship and exhausting all options to do so. These guys make a lot of money, and fans spend a lot of money and travel and hotels and tickets and merchandise, and it's been a long passed down family tradition for a lot of people, and fans shouldn't settle for anything less. So an aggressive pursuit of a championship and demanding that aggression is something every fan should do. I think it's a fans job to hold organizations accountable and hold their feet to the fire when they are underperforming, and that's part of it. You want to win a championship, That's what it's all about. It's like think of Philadelphia sports fans. I mean, they are some of the most ruthless and impatient people, but they accept roothing less than as as good as you can possibly give them. And they've gotten a couple of Super Bowls over the last couple of years. The Phillies have been to the World Series recently, So that sort of mentality from a fan base I agree with.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're you're on the crazy side of this train, I get it.
Speaker 6: You know one thing, it's I think it's the bare minimum.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on the level of important sports plays in one's life. You can call yourself a fan and not be just crazy I believe.
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, but you can want your team to.
Speaker 2: Do well well, you always want, but if they don't, it's not going to be the end of the world to me.
Speaker 8: That's what I don't think.
Speaker 6: That's what people are saying.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see, I see it all different things.
Speaker 2: Okay, perhaps one thing I didn't catch your attention on with the tournament before we go, uh, Xavier and the win against Texas, the fact that Zach Fremantle finally gets to play in an NCAA tournament game and we'll get another one under his belt.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think I think the chances that they beat Illinois tonight are pretty good.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that I picked to win that game in the first foward. I picked them to win the game against Illinois. I think they're that good. They've got the experience. Sean Miller is as good of a coach as there is as there is in the country in my opinion. And you know the way that they were able to overcome foul trouble and a really good Texas defensively that was making shots early in that game. Xavi didn't panic, they were patient, They stayed true to themselves. They picked up the pace a little bit, they cleaned up their defense, and next thing you know, they erase a thirteen point deficit and win the game. That sort of game early in the tournament can be something that really inspires you to go the rest of the way. And I think Xavier has a chance to win, not just against Illinois, but moving forward.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my neighbor who's a Xavier fan, he said, yeah, they're gonna beat Texas, then they're gonna beat Illinois, then they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna beat Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens against the Wildcats on Sunday afternoon, if Xavier can get by Illinois tonight. As the tournament continues, Austin Elmore, thank you for taking time out at home as you get ready to go meet your thousands of fans. And where are you going to be if anywhere again, we.
Speaker 6: Are going to be at Oakley Greens in Oakley, watching the tournament and doing a live broadcast on ESPN fifteen thirty myself and Tony Pike. I invite everyone to come out all.
Speaker 2: Right and enjoy the enjoy the free food if they give you free food. Austin Thank you, Gary, Joe, You're very welcome. How high can you climb? How high have you gone? Joe Evermore has been to some pretty impressive peaks, and so have his kids. We'll talk to him right after the news at eleven on seven under WLW.
Speaker 1: Do You Want to Be an American?
Speaker 3: Into another hour of the Scott Sloan Show.
Speaker 2: Gary Jeff Walker in for Sloani on his Friday NCAA tournament in high gear. We kind of covered that base. All kinds of things happening in Washington, d C, both both good and perplexing, And there are other things going on in other people's lives all the time. And I always tell people, I said, you know, I'm generally not a political person until I'm forced into it, because I got other things that I want to do, other things I care about, other things that are way more important than politics. And an example of somebody who's got a lot of other things to do besides focus or worry about what goes on in Washington, DC or maybe even in their home state in the capitol. Because he's got a family, and because he has a passion for climbing mountains that he has passed on to his boys who are now setting records. We talk to him about I guess a month and a half, two months ago, but I thought it was I enjoyed the conversation. I thought it was a good time to check in with Joe Evermore again. And here we are, Joe Evermore, Welcome back to the show. It's good to talk to you again. I don't know if you recall our conversation, but you've probably been thousands of feet into the air since then.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Tell me about these wonderful, wonderful children. No, there are families that have legacies, I mean generational legacies. There are families of police, for example, there are families of sometimes doctors. There are families of military people who you know, continually, just generation after generation after generation, they serve the country. And that is the family's legacy. Your family's legacy is adventure and climbing mountains.
Speaker 3: How did this begin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so animize on love. We were already rock climbing all the time, and so as soon as our kids came, we brought them along.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Now you speak of your wife Anna, is it Anne or Anna? I'm sorry, it's just Anne. Ann Okay.
Speaker 2: On one of your climbs, Anne was what four or five months pregnant, and she went along with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is last summer on our we tip took a trip to the cirk of the Towers and when our when our boys turned five and take them up the mountain called Pingora.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: And so she was on that trip with Joey, who was our five year olds.
Speaker 2: So you've got pardon me, you've got how many sons? You've got three sons right now?
Speaker 8: Or four?
Speaker 4: Four boys?
Speaker 3: Four boys? All right? I came from a family of four boys.
Speaker 2: By the way, it was a little bit late when you discovered that that was too many.
Speaker 4: But yeah, house is pretty rowdy. It's hard to get much done lately with four boys, all right.
Speaker 3: So the oldest is ten. Sam is that correct?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 4: Sam, Sam Adventure, Sam Adventure.
Speaker 3: I love the middle names for these kids too. So Sylvan is the eight year old.
Speaker 4: Yep, He's he's up and coming.
Speaker 2: Sylvan is what's what's his middle name? So Sylvan light Year, Sylvan light Year, give me the names of the other two kids, okay.
Speaker 4: Sam Adventure, Sylvan Lightyear, Joey Danger, and then Blaze Wilder.
Speaker 3: And Blaze Wilder is the infant. How old is Blaze now?
Speaker 4: He's branded he's zero, he's three.
Speaker 6: Months all right?
Speaker 2: So when when would when will it be okay in your mind as a dad to bring Blaze Wilder and and pack him along on a climb? What's the first I mean, what's the earliest that you've introduced your kids to the mountains and climbing?
Speaker 4: They just need to be able to walk, okay. As soon as they can walk, they can join in the sun.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: And now Sam and Sylvan are attempting to set another record. Sam's already set records for somebody his age, right when it comes to mountain climbing.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, both of these boys are set records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So tell me about their records and how far up they climbed these mountains. And you've got the Matter Horn, which you were just what a thousand feet from reaching the summit of the Matter Horn? But El Capitan in Yosemite and then the towers. So what are the records for Sam as far as his age and how high he climbed?
Speaker 3: Tell me about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So some of the things Sam has done. He was the youngest to climb El Capitan when he did it, and that was when he was eight, and then at nine he became the youngest person who climb was called the Danglar in the Gunks, and he also climbed the exam Ridge on the Grand that's that's in the Teetons. And now Sylvan's following in that same regard, and he's got the youngest ofcent on Mount Moran in the Tetons and also he's like the youngest person to climb Wolf's Head in the Circuit of the Towers.
Speaker 2: No, Sam and Sylvan are supposed to climb two thousand feet together.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that still to happen or has that occurred already?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That's this week. We're climbing Moonlight Buttress in Ision National Park and it's going to be a riot. It's going to be a big adventure. And what's unique about this distrip is that Sam is now on the rigging crew, So Sam will be setting some of the lines for Sylvan, which is truly kind of like a next level accomplishment for Sam.
Speaker 2: All Right, well, what's the difficulty in setting riggings as opposed to climbing. So I've never done this, so I have no answers at all.
Speaker 4: Joe, it means that he has to lead some of the pitches. Yeah, and in leading the pitches, he has to face the risk of taking a fall, not not like a huge fall, but enough to really scare you.
Speaker 2: What do you say do you get you get blowback from people who think that you're you're being too aggressive with your children. I mean, I understand that there are a lot of people who overreach and from the government to agencies on down, who try and tell you how to raise your kids properly. I think that's wrong. I think that's one of the reasons that I'm excited about the dismantling of the federal Department of Education and letting those decisions be made locally. But like the state of Illinois right now is in their legislature, they're trying to determine how parents can homeschool their kids, and you know, maybe maybe take the accreditation or their kids away from them if they're not upholding to the standards that the officials the powers that be think they should be teaching. They're your kids and they're your responsibility. But do you get any blowback from people about letting kids that young climb these heights.
Speaker 4: I'd say, we attract it like a lightning rod.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 4: How do you how do you.
Speaker 3: How do you offend that off? What do you tell them?
Speaker 4: Well, they're looking at the risks, they're not looking at the rewards. They don't really see the well the people these kids are becoming, Like Sam has tremendous inner confidence that he's really developing like self mastery now. And to find the a ten year old that that is like that, find the a ten year old with the kind of courage and self is your self confidence that these boys have. I mean, like Sylvan his young age is already fully self regulating, meaning that he's gaining control of his emotions, which is something you have to do on a wall. And it's the benefits far awaigh the small risk.
Speaker 2: So what's what's the highest that Sam or Sylvan have been to this point feet wise?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I mean hanging off bel Capitaina's like hanging your body of fraternity. It's as call as you get. It takes five or six days wow of climbing.
Speaker 3: That's that's amazing.
Speaker 2: So I mean that means you have to pack a bunch of gear besides just your you're climbing boots and you're you're rigging and everything. If you're going to do a five or six day climb, you have to have food and water, right, do you carry it?
Speaker 4: It's hundreds of pounds. It's about three hundred pounds of just water.
Speaker 3: That you're carrying while you're climbing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to pull it up. So we have haulbags that are in these like big like tubes that like we haul up the wall with each pitch. Well, wow, it's pretty hardcore.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Do you do?
Speaker 2: You do other things that some people would call daredevil's stuff. I'm just curious that do you have any other any other adventure kind of things that you do or is climbing enough for you?
Speaker 4: Before we got married, we did a lot of skydiving, and so my kids aren't old enough to do that.
Speaker 3: Yet you're still interested in skydiving?
Speaker 4: You know, I would.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind doing it once and I don't have to do it.
Speaker 4: Do you think so it's so rare? I mean, think about all the thousands of years of human history and now you can fly out of a plane and you wouldn't take that opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's as good as it gets well, I mean I could fly in a plane.
Speaker 4: It's better to fly out of the plane. It feels great.
Speaker 3: On is there is there flight service with you? When your parachute opens up? Can you still get a cocktail?
Speaker 4: Definitely?
Speaker 8: Not.
Speaker 4: You're on your own when that opens up.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, have you ever been in a situation skydiving where the main shoot did not open?
Speaker 3: Joe?
Speaker 4: Well, I got I got one where it was tangled, not good and it was very traumatic.
Speaker 3: Let's just say, but you made it.
Speaker 2: Obviously you're sitting talking to me today. So, uh, what what would you what would you tell parents, other prospective parents when it comes to to raising kids, because not everybody's a mountain climber, not everybody. Uh, but you mentioned that the the stamina and the self actualization and uh, the self regulation and the discipline that has come from bringing your kids to these peaks and letting them experience what you love. But what would you tell parents now that you've had a chance to practice? Because I know that everybody you said four was too many, but everybody seemingly when they become a parent, there's no manual. There there's no way to instruct people how to be good parents. But what have you learned with four boys? I know you've got a very special kind of of advocation or vocation, but what would you tell parents just in general when it comes to raising kids.
Speaker 4: Yes, raised boys. So when it comes to raising boys, I think they need a passway to manhood developed by their dad. Okay, and so I think there's nothing that places the role of a father in a boy's life where you can, but you know, someone to take them camping and hiking and exploring. Someone who takes them to do something that feels dangerous is actually essential in the skill and journey go's. We need these dads. We need dads to get off a couch and get out and go mountain exploring with their kids, or do anything outside with your kids.
Speaker 2: Do you think our development has listen, do you think our development as a society, Joe evermore, has been retarded by people trying to take masculinity or emasculating America's men. Do you think that we've really been hurt as a society the last few years with this claim of toxic masculinity whatever that is and what you just mentioned.
Speaker 4: I mean, there was a time not that long ago when men needed to go out and kill a saber tooth tagger or else they die. Yeah, you know, and if at any time on that journey they get wounded, they probably die and the family dies. And so we have a very harsh world back in the day. Now we have a very soft world. And because of that soft world, we need these wronger kids because it's even harder. I mean, these kids, you know, have a have a girlfriend that breaks up with them, and then they can hit suicide because they don't have that deep dinner strength. They weren't developed, they weren't told that they're men.
Speaker 2: Well people, people claim that it's bullying, that's the real culprit. But the real culprit, as you're mentioning there, starts at home. So they've got a strong enough constitution that they can they can handle that bullying. They can take the harshness that is the world. What, however harsh it is compared to, you know, having to slay a saber toothed tiger to survive. I understand we're not there, But at the same time, it really really matters, doesn't it. It all matters.
Speaker 4: Well, Well, we need we need real men, We need a we need a generation of men and somehow our men have backed off of the role. You know, they're I guess they're busy watching football or something. But at the same time, I am seeing some men do the great job with their kids. But it's I had something to encourage people with, is Hey, your kids need your dad. You know, they need dad in their lives. They need dad guiding them, helping them, talking to them, teaching them the basic things in the world.
Speaker 2: All right, So the next, uh, the next thing this week is what peak are Sam and Silvyn climbing together with Sam doing the rigging?
Speaker 4: Yes, if you google this you'll think I'm mentally ill, but it's called It's called Moonlight Buttress in Zion National Park and we're going to take our eight year old of it.
Speaker 3: And how high is that? That's two thousand feet.
Speaker 4: It's about two thousand feet from the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I I just love your story. I love your family's story. I love your kids' middle names. I bet that I bet that gets some looks at the hospital when you're signing the birth certificate.
Speaker 4: We had interesting thing to happen. That's the share, no doubt about it.
Speaker 8: Joe.
Speaker 2: Evermore, thank you for your time today, I appreciate it and keep climbing to higher heights.
Speaker 3: All right, you later, all right man.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite television shows is Blue Bloods. If I'm home on a Wednesday afternoon, chances are good that I am mainlining Blue Bloods reruns.
Speaker 3: They show him on I on TV now.
Speaker 2: But the classic cop series with Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg.
Speaker 6: You know it.
Speaker 3: You probably love it too.
Speaker 2: One of the guys who was a executive producer, a show runner and a writer for Blue Bloods is our guest.
Speaker 4: Next.
Speaker 2: I replayed an interview I did with him on the Nightcap just a few nights ago, but I wanted to get an update on him and his book, Johnny Careless. So if you're a fan of Blue Bloods, maybe you have a question you'd like to ask guy that you'll see his name on the screen if you watch the show blue Bloods. Kevin Wade will be joining us in just a few minutes afternoons here on the Scott Sloan Show, Gary Jeffen for Sloan at Break and then back on seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 3: Our next gest.
Speaker 2: Came to my attention because he was selling a book. His first novel and when I discovered what his credits were before this book, which is a great book by the way, I have a copy of read It's it's cool. It's a fast paced kind of crime novel, stuff that I like to read, a good page turner called Johnny Careless. But when I found out what this guy actually was most famous for up to that point, I lost my mind.
Speaker 3: I completely lost.
Speaker 2: In the first first time we did the interview, I had such fanboy written all over me and I still have it. I'm fearing because this guy was a showrunner, a writer, and listed as a producer of episodes of the television series blue Bloods, my favorite, probably my favorite serial television program of all time, especially of that genre. And his name is Kevin Wade, and he's joining us for a few more minutes. We got to talk, I guess a month or so ago, Kevin, and I knew I had to have you back because there were Blue Bloods questions that I hadn't got a chance to ask you yet.
Speaker 3: My fault.
Speaker 4: So I well, Gary, Jeff, I'm going to give you.
Speaker 8: I'm going to give you a tip before we start. If you miss Blue Bloods and you've seen them all, go back and find a show from the sixties and seventies called Bonanza. Yeah, it was Lorne Green, I forget the rest of the cats, Michael Landon, but Dan Blocker, that's right, Dan Blocker and the dark haired Italian looking son. And when I first started writing Blue Bloods, it occurred to me that I've seen this show before. And I used to love Bonanza on Sunday nights, I believe, on NBC and it was about a widowed father and his three sons keeping the peace in the territory where they live. So I was driving to work one day and called the assistant and said, find the Bible, find the the synopsies of all the episodes of Bonanza, because that's a gold mine for us.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, other than the concept, how did you use those synopsis in and update them for Blue Bloods? I mean, I understand that you're not just feeling from them, You're you're you're you're looking at the concept and going, this reminds me of this. Let's use Bonanza as kind of like a blueprint for blue blood.
Speaker 8: Well, it was an interesting guide from you know, almost everything's been done before. Frankly, if you write TV and movies, and plays that they've all been done for for Bonanza, I did notice that the plot of the week would generally wrap up with one or two or more of the Cartwright family making the peace with each other, which is how most of Blue Blood's went. That the jeopardy of the week was not would the bad guy get away? Or would a Reagan get shot? It was did two or more Reagans say something that they can't walk back?
Speaker 6: And how will they get out of that?
Speaker 2: Some of my favorite lines from the show are Tom Selleck as us Frank Reagan, the police commissioner, telling someone, don't quote me to me.
Speaker 3: I love that. Who came up with that line? I gotta know.
Speaker 4: It sounds like me, but I'm not going to take credit.
Speaker 3: For it on your area, Okay, don't quote me to me? And the other thing.
Speaker 2: In the famous dinner table Conversations the Sunday the famous Reagan Sunday dinner, how often do you think past the potatoes was used as a bridge to either get away from a touchy subject with the characters and just as a matter of course, you guys passed the potatoes a lot.
Speaker 8: A lot of passing the potatoes used way more often than common sense or good taste would dictate, but sometimes it was the bump that got us onto the next thing.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you one of my favorite characters, and we didn't really get into this the last time we spoke is Steve Sippa as Anthony Avana Marco, Aaron's assistant, her detective, her investigator. How phenomenal is it to work with an actor that has I mean, he just screams good Fellows when you see him, and then you got the commercials out now for the for the Fresh Pet Pet food where they're doing like a good Fellows. It's a great scene with the trunk door closing. It's telling the dog tell tell him we went to Grandma's. So tell me about working with Steve Siripa and what his his strongest He just has such a force, such a presence on screen.
Speaker 8: He sure does. He is a very interesting background. I mean, before he was a back, before he was an actor, he was the talent booker for a couple of Las Vegas casinos. So when you're hanging around with them in video Village, he's telling old Don Rickles stories. You know, it's fantastic. But he took all of that kind of cool common guy on the street corner and made it into a whole bag of tricks that he employs wonderfully. And Bridget had come to us and said, the next time you cast my investigator, could we not lean into is it going to be a potential boyfriend? Just find me the best actor, And we ended up with Steve and they created something in their corner of the show that was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that whole dynamic is great. And that addition of Robert Cloes from being you know, just a sergeant at a desk to being the eyes and ears for Tom Selleck of the Department's thirty five thousand men, the Sid Gormley character, it was a great addition, but it was it was a while coming, and it came after the the Ouster of the uh, the Dino Arbigas character, which, by the way, that was a great way to get rid of a character, have him caught up in a prostitution sting. Yeah, so tell me about said to me.
Speaker 8: I don't think John the actor was that incredibly happy with the way we showed him the door, but yeah, it was. It ended up opening the door for Bob Kahsi to come in and carve out a great character in the midst of all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he just seems that that's the thing. And I've complimented you before on this as one of the writers for the show. The ability to craft a script and language and tailored to each individual character, it makes it so much more believer believable as a viewer watching this, because you really believe Frank Reagan would say that, you really believe that, Danny Reagan would say that, you really believe that Bridget or Aaron Reagan would say the words that are coming out of their mouth. And it's almost once you get defined characters. I don't want to give you too much credit, but it's almost easier to write to those characters, isn't it after you know who the characters are.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right. And by the way, the job of writing for actors, which is what screenwriters do and certainly what television writers do, you have to give them something to play. You can't just give them here's a bunch of exposition to move the plot forward. So then once you embrace that, you pay attention to the plot. But you have to make beams. So you take a guy like Robert Klhasti, who's a terrific actor, and you'd give him stuff that he could do that he could walk them out to the edge of who his character is and it kind of lit up the screen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bridget Moni hand always Oh was bashing Anthony for using the double negatives. He said, yeah, I don't do nothing.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, correct.
Speaker 2: The character of Joe, who was Joe Hill? What was the idea behind that to bring that character in the dead son, Joe's unbeknownst son to the rest of the family. Where'd that genesis idea come from?
Speaker 8: Kevin Well? We had a colleague on the show who had done what is it twenty three and meters Yeah, and found out that the man he grew up with as his father was not in fact his father, and it knocked him sideways and he shared it with all of us, and Chavon bern O'Connor, who was, in my estimation, the best writer on the show and had been there since day one, came to me and said, what if young Sean Reagan does a twenty three and meters and finds out they have he has a cousin And we had a way to introduce the show the origin story of the show had started with the oldest son had been killed in the line of tighty and then by season nine or whatever, we were able to bring back his part of the family. So it's Shabon's idea and it was absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 3: And I ask you about this too.
Speaker 2: But the thing that a lot of people do not realize we're not in the theater scene or whatever, is how much of a talent Lenn carry you is on the stage. And you said that even at his age the last time we spoke, even at his age, he was still doing like one man shows off Broadway while while you're filming the and it's a pretty exactly right.
Speaker 8: He had a night job doing a wonderful adaptation of Tuesdays with Maury, which was a best selling novel by Mitch Albom one other fellow whose name is Escaping Me and Len did an incredible job. And for an actor half his age doing seven or eight shows the week of that alone would have been plenty. And he was doing both.
Speaker 3: What is the schedule?
Speaker 2: We just America just found out that van O White works thirty four days a year, but tapes like six different Wheel of Fortunes in one day. What is the shooting schedule for a network show like Blue Bloods. It's pretty when you guys are on set in filming, it's pretty intensive, isn't it.
Speaker 8: It's a long day the longer you do it. I mean, in the case of Blue Bloods, that crew was together for fourteen years more or less, so you become what they say is a well oiled machine. But it's still it's an eight o'clock call. Maybe you shoot till late that night. If you're lucky, you get out around six, and that's Monday through Friday, and we shoot, would shoot eight days per episode.
Speaker 2: I have heard, and I don't know this is true, and I don't know if you can tell me, but I have heard that Tom Selleck was none too pleased when he found out the show was coming to an end.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 8: That's correct. He was very vocal about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So why was the decision made?
Speaker 3: Kevin?
Speaker 8: I believe it was made for financial reasons, That's what CBS said. CBS in the ensuing period of time seems to be canceling stuff left and right. Certainly the shows that I've dropped in on look like they're being done for a way lower budget. The CBS News division's famously getting cut and slashed all over the place. So I'm going to take their reason at face value. Sure they thought it was too expensive.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, anytime you're on one of those ensemble shows that are very successful, very popular, ratings wise and commercially, the actors are getting paid a pretty healthy sum for their regular recurring roles.
Speaker 3: Are they not.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's absolutely that's a big budget that you got an account that's a.
Speaker 8: Big budget, and the crew which numbers, you know, two hundred and twenty people, most of them are on union contracts that take a three percent rays every year. Any chance, after thirteen years, you've got a lot more money going out the door.
Speaker 2: Any chance that there are any spinoffs in the work.
Speaker 8: There is a spinoffs, I wouldn't say it's a spinoff. Donnie Wahlberg, i've read, is repeating.
Speaker 4: His role or renewing his role.
Speaker 8: As Danny Reagan in a show called It's called Boston Blue or Blue Boston I forget which.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he'll have Marissa Ramirez and tag with him, because it looked like in that last episode there was love in the air.
Speaker 8: Well, we thought we were sending them off into the sunset. So I don't know if they'll if they'll pick that up again on lou Boston or whatever.
Speaker 2: What do you miss most about not doing the show, Kevin? Besides the paycheck, the people?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, it's it after fourteen years. I did the math once driving to work. We spent the same amount of time together as if we started in pre k and we're together for high school graduation.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's an amazing run. Amazing run.
Speaker 8: Do you well?
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: I hope the book's doing well. Like I said, I've dipped into it and it's it's pretty good, you know, and your first novel. The lead character, I don't want to I don't want to spoil anything, but enjoy the lead character. He's not around law.
Speaker 3: And then uh and then and then it's all.
Speaker 2: About finding out who who done him in Johnny Careless, who.
Speaker 8: Bumped him off? Johnny Carroless available from McMillan on all the platforms. And thank you, Gary, Jeff appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Kevin Wade, thank you for fulfilling a fanboy's request. And uh, get a little bit more blue Bloods in as I like to say, Uh, if I'm ever off on a Wednesday, I just kind of mainline reruns and go, oh this one, well, oh this is the one where you know, I feel like just seeing them all and and I don't mind seeing them again. That's the thing, because every it's with a good book, with a great movie, even with a good song that you love. Same thing with a great TV show, even if you've seen it before, you always find something new when it's a really really good show. And it was a really really good show. And thank you for all of your contributions to it.
Speaker 8: Thanks man, I appreciate it. You got to be with you great.
Speaker 2: We got Reds Baseball this afternoon, and that's just about it for me, Gary, jeffn for Sloane until the next time, which will be Saturday Morning, God willing at five point thirty into our twenty eighth year on the Saturday morning edition. I'll see you on the radio then here on seven hundred WLW.