Speaker 1: Seven o five here at News Radio eight forty whas it is Coffee and Company, Kentucky and is Morning News here on a Monday morning. Happy Monday, everybody. So this doesn't necessarily surprise me. In fact, if you ask me how different things are now compared to nineteen seventy five, as far as the way young adults, I guess start young adulthood. I don't know if I would have given you these exact numbers, but again not so surprising, but a new US Census Bureau these are We've got an update here as far as what young adults are doing as far as milestones once they once they hit adulthood, and I guess adulthood is technically when you become eighteen. But also you know, if you're in college and then you do an internship and then you get out and kind of really start your life post college, I guess again you're an adult. But like clearly there's there's steps throughout early adulthood that that are bigger than others. But this is this is again not so shocking, but maybe it'll shock you. At least it didn't shock me. In nineteen seventy five, nearly half of young adults ages twenty five to thirty four had achieved four milestones leaving their parents home, securing a job, getting married, and having a child. Today, fewer than one in four have done that between the ages of twenty five and thirty four. So when I say not surprising, I don't mean it's not like I'm insinuating that there's some huge issue with society and that's why people aren't doing it.
Speaker 3: I just know that.
Speaker 1: For me, like the way I started my adult years, I just know that that doesn't seem to be as common anymore. And I'm not passing any judgment at all. Do whatever you want, live life however you want, get married, don't. I mean, people can do whatever they want. But I am glad that I went about it the way that I did, just because I wouldn't want life to be any different for me than it is right now. But we didn't have any real emphasis. Okay, hey we got we got to hit these four milestones by this age.
Speaker 3: It just played out that way.
Speaker 1: My wife and I we were essentially high school sweethearts, and once we kind of knew post high school, and you know, we were early young adults in like our you know, nineteen twenty range. We knew we wanted to be together, you know, hopefully forever. So we got jobs to the point where we could support ourselves together and have our own place, and then we ended up getting engaged in our early early twenties, got married, I think in I know it was in twenty eleven. How old was I think I was around twenty two at the time I got married. And then sure enough, within four or five years we had kids, so I and you know, we ended up purchasing a home right after we got married. So those were I guess milestones. But it wasn't because of, hey, I've got to do this by this age range. It just kind of played out that way. And again I wouldn't have it any other way. But I know that now most and clearly, this this study, this update confirms that that's just not as common as it once was. And again, I didn't do it in nineteen seventy five. I'm talking, you know, roughly fifteen sixteen years ago. Really, I guess twenty years ago overall, as far as whenever I got close to becoming you know, an adult. But John, you fell in line sort of the same timeline that I did.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, very very strange the timeline the way things played out, because we got engaged while we were both still in college.
Speaker 3: You got married both of us.
Speaker 2: I think we're twenty two years old, and then now we just had our first child at twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 1: I think you and I actually quite literally had the same I guess we follow the same playbook.
Speaker 3: I don't know who gave us to us, but we very good playbook.
Speaker 1: And I noticed it with you, just because I've kind of been able to see, you know, some of these big milestones with John throughout our time working together because he's a lot younger than I am. But I remember thinking to you, wow, that does seem rare with your age range. And I didn't think it at the time, but it was kind of rare to an extent when I did it. However, many years ago. That was, but in nineteen seventy five, obviously, life was a lot different. So when it comes to the decline in the these I guess, you know these milestones, the economic barriers are obviously a factor. And that's what it says here in this update that housing daycare every day cost as well as just changing social attitudes about family formation instead of marriage and parenthood. More young adults today prioritize education in economic independence. Roughly twenty eight percent of at least moved out and found a job, even if they delay marriage or children. So another factor here is women's participation in the workforce and higher college enrollment rates have also shifted the paths of young adults, which makes all It makes total sense. And it's not like, what are we doing something's wrong with society because people can do whatever they want. But for me, I'm glad it worked out the way that it did because I think had I been had I been in John shoes, let's say I'm his age and he's roughly ten years younger than I am, I mean I think we would have I mean, I don't know what I mean, who knows what would have happened. It's what it could have should It's a silly hypothetical, but it was just it was just a natural thing that played out the way that it did for me in my situation. But now it's more so not the norm, and that just is again overall not that surprising. And again maybe it's maybe people are happier because of that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll see down the line many years from now, a real, a real drop off in the amount of divorces that happened because people didn't get married so young and later realize, hey, I kind of grew up. I had a big development later in life when I was, you know, thirty, and I'm a different person now. I mean again, I don't want to insinuate that I'm happy the way I did it, because everybody else sucks, and you know they're worse off. It's just I know that, you know, for me, it worked out well. But I'm sure there's others that they had that early stage in their life and they quickly realized I jumped in.
Speaker 3: I wasn't ready to be married.
Speaker 1: I thought I knew what I wanted, but I didn't experience enough of life to really know what path I wanted to go down. But anyways, yeah, one and four less than one and four now. And I hated calling them milestones because I guess they are. Those are big accomplishments in life. But I guess those milestones happening at a young age just now don't happen as much anymore. And nearly half of people in nineteen seventy five in that age range had done all those things, where now it's getting much less. All right, we've got an update of driving a weather coming your way. Also something I want to get to. On the other side, the Colin Kaepernick Spike Lee documentary that was in the works with ESPN is now not going to move forward, not going to happen, And they've got their reasoning that they share as to why it's not happening, and I totally am not going to call them liars, but I also just think there's been a shift in just that and I don't mean well, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: So stick around right here on news RADIOA forty whs Happy Monday.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you had yourselves a good weekend. It is Consucuated's morning News, Coffee and Company with you hero on news Radio eight forty whas. So, fellas, let me tell you guys about my friends over at the Louisville Men's Clinic. I know you've heard me talk about them quite a bit, and not only it's because of our great partnership, it's also just because I love telling people that you may not realize it, but they could help the quality of your life in a big way. And for me, I didn't really know what low testosterone was. I mean I kind of did, but just assume, Yeah, there's no way that could be me because I was ignorant as far as what it actually is. And now that I'm not ignorant, and I know that you can be really any age and have levels not be where they need to be for someone in your age range, and it can aid you much faster. And some people just assume that lethargic feeling of losing your edge when you just chalk it up to getting older, and that's a factor to an extent, but it didn't have to be that way. Just by having your levels of testosterone be where they should be for your age can substantially change the way you feel, the way you look, and that is certainly the case with me. So I can't recommend them enough. There's also a lot of ways they help men in the area rectidis function, Prony's disease, weight loss therapy, whatever you need, they can help you, So check them online Loblem's Clinic dot com or give them a call bibots four four four four thousand. So this story broke over the weekend and it's it's really, to me not that big of a surprise in the grand scheme of things, because I just feel like there just isn't as much of an appetite for this type of coverage, if you will. And I don't mean that people think Colin Kaepernick is the worst ever. I mean, some people probably do think that, but I just I just don't know if there's even if people are the biggest Kaepernick supporters and believe that he's been blackballed from the NFL for certain reasons, and you think it's racially motivated, I mean, do you really?
Speaker 3: I mean, do you want to?
Speaker 1: I mean, I just think this has run its course as far as the story. But anyway, Spike Lee and Colin Kaepernick have been working on a docu series for quite some time that was going to be on ESPN, and it is now not going to be released. It's being shelved and no surprise that Jamel Hill was also a part of the production here, but nonetheless, Spike Lee confirmed over the weekend that it's not going to happen. He did state he can't say why because there was a non disclosure agreement that was signed, so he didn't get into any details. ESPN has issued a statement saying the decision was mutual between Kaepernick and Lee due to creative differences. So the reports last year as this was in the works, there was already tension reported because Kaepernick wanted the project more so focused on football, his career as a football player, in his personal journey, while Spike Lee wanted to push for it being a broader I guess, you know, cultural lens, including ray, social justice, police brutality. That's what he wanted, I guess to be a bigger emphasis in. Kaepernick really didn't want wouldn't want that to be the focus. And Kaepernick, whenever he did in fact agree to do this with Spike Lee, he held final approval on what this was actually going to be. So timing also could be a factor. ESPN recently struck a multi billion dollar deal with the NFL, right that was a big deal where they acquired the red Zone and other NFL media assets, and this documentary was clearly going to critical of the league and that would not be good for business. And also, again, I just think that there's not the appetite for woke stuff anymore. And it's not to say that there haven't been legitimate points raised about Kaepernick. I mean, I happen to think that more than anything, he just wasn't a very good quarterback. That was a bigger factor in him not playing in the NFL. And like it or not, he was a distraction. And last I checked, employers have the right to decide if they want to hire somebody if they're going to clearly be a distraction. And you know, I'm sure others have a different opinion. But regardless of where you stand on the Kaepernick NFL situation, that has really been a decade old thing. Now speaking of that it being a decade old thing again, I just think it's run its course. But also, like I just to me, this is this, this would be played and look, Spike LEECN can put together something like that and have the emphasis and focus be what he wants it to be and really not even include Kaepernick if he wanted to do that, and I'm sure he'd have an audience that would want to watch that. But I think there's a lot of factors here, but one of them is just that when ESPN's looking at this, I don't think that they really I mean, if they felt like this was going to be good for business, and this was going to be a really, really highly well received production.
Speaker 3: They would have probably pushed to make it happen. But it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: What it's gonna happen now is we're gonna give you update on trafficing weather, then we're gonna get another sports update from Scott Fitzgerald right here on Kentucky and It's Morning News, Coffee and Company, news Radio eight forty whas. Thank you very much, Joe Lincoln. It is Kentucky and it's Morning News, Coffee and Company with you here on news Radio eight forty whas. Something you don't typically see, but certainly tragic and just really unbelievable. When I saw the rumors that were that were being shared on Facebook Friday afternoon, I thought, Okay, well, I'm sure there's clearly something going on, but that sounds almost unbelievable. But it is true that the situation in Jeffersonville that led to someoney being murdered and a multi hour standoff with police was not only just a murder, but somebody was decapitated. A headless body was found inside a home. So thirty nine year old Bryce Winneckey was arrested. In Jeffersonville after a four hour standoff Friday, and when they entered his home where they I guess were able to finally get him to surrender, they found a headless body. So it started at nine to fifty six when officers responded to do a welfare check in that area and they found a homicide victim. And then midday in the afternoon, that's when police located him armed, that is, armed at a home on Callaway Drive, and that sparked a standoff and that at three point thirty he surrendered without incident and was taken into custody. But police did confirm that a headless body was found at the crime scene and a severed head was later found on Callaway Drive, So investigators said that this was a family related incident.
Speaker 3: And not a random act.
Speaker 1: But yeah, not something you see very often and really just a heartbreaking and ruesome situation there. All right, the heat is here and it's not going anywhere, at least not any time soon. But you could take advantage of it right now courtesy of my friends at Trick County FOD, because right now they've got some sizzling deals with the summer sales event at Trick County four. You can enjoy zerupus an APR financing no cash down, no payments for ninety days, plus get two years twenty five thousand mile maintenance plan on most new forwards and.
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 1: You can save up to twelve thousand dollars off MSRP on the twenty twenty four f one fifty and the twenty twenty four expedition. Kick off your summer in style. Summers still going on. It's not kicked off, but it's still summertime, which means you can still do it at Trick County Ford with their summer sales event Track County Forard, just ten minutes from Louisville ed Oldham County, Exit eighteen off I seventy one. All right, So when it comes to identity theft, I am someone that will admit I don't really think about it much.
Speaker 3: I've yet to fall victim to it.
Speaker 1: I've not had anybody that I know of, at least successfully still my identity or even attempt to sure. If it happens to you, then you'll realize, yeah, I probably could have been a little bit more careful. But then again, like I'm thinking out loud here, I could be careful and still have my identity stolen, I think. But this updated survey here or maybe it's not. Yeah, it's not a survey. This is from Yahoo. It's a new study, not a survey. Different things. Of course, they tell you what will make you more vulnerable as far as like you really not just having your information compromise and your identity stolen, but to where they could really really wreck your life. To be honest with you, So, this new study from fraud monitoring a fraud monitoring firm, Scentilink, shows just how dangerous data breaches can be once your personal information hits the dark web. And your personal information, think about it. There's a lot of things your address, your first and last name, your date of birth, those.
Speaker 3: Kind of things.
Speaker 1: But the one thing that if it gets on the dark web that could ultimately really, I mean again, ruin your life potentially is your social Security number. So if your social Security numbers involved, the odds skyrocket of you having your identity stolen. So nearly ninety seven percent of people whose social Security numbers were widely traded online became victims of identity theft or attempt at identity theft. Think about that ninety seven percent of the people who social security numbers end up there. That means that the people who know what to do with that information, they know that's the golden ticket, that's the key to steal your identity is having that number. And it makes sense because if you think about it, when I get to logging in or providing information, then it's a secure thing for obvious reason. Now that's like the last four of my social is usually what will get me to be able to reset any kind of password or bypass some kind of a security setting. So by comparison, only two point one percent of people with just names and addresses and public of you know, basically because by the way, I don't know if you guys know this, A lot of your information outside of your social people can find that with a quick search, like it's I mean, it's not that private, unfortunately, but your social security number is and that is where you know. And again maybe I'm just naive, but I happen to think that I could, I could be more aware and more mindful of my information and try to be more private.
Speaker 3: I still just think.
Speaker 1: That there's these people are good at what they do, meaning scammers, hackers in The dark web is a big world that I certainly don't know a whole lot about, but I know that it exists, and I just feel like if it's maybe if I ever did get got, I would look back and think, man, that was my fault.
Speaker 3: It was preventable.
Speaker 1: But I kind of just assume that if it's going to happen, it's gonna happen. So but again, that's the golden ticket for these scammers. Your social Security numbers, so keep that as private as possible. All Right, let's get to a quick update of traving the weather as we move along.
Speaker 3: Here on a Monday morning.
Speaker 1: It's Kentucky and it's Morning News, Coffee and Company with you on News Radio eight forty Whas.
Speaker 3: Seven forty seven.
Speaker 1: Here Kentucky, and it is morning News, Coffee and Company with you on news Radio eight forty whas. This is a new one to me that I wasn't quite familiar with. Quiet firing. Have you heard of quiet firing before?
Speaker 3: John, No, I remember quiet quitting.
Speaker 2: This must be a little different.
Speaker 1: Quiet firing is essentially a subtle push out from your employer, So not every worker just gets canned, like, hey, you know, your service no longer needed see you later. But just because they don't tell you that doesn't mean that they're they're not moving on from you. And it's clearly them that wants the change, but they're gonna push you out. They're going to make you feel like you have no choice but to quit. And the tactic name for that is quiet firing. So it's when your employer deliberately makes a job unfulfilling, isolating, or unbearable to pressure someone into leading voluntarily. And a new HR tech survey from twenty twenty five here says that fifty three percent of US managers admit to using quiet firing, So more than half have said that they have intentionally just tried to make it very very easy for this person to walk away from their job. And why employers do it, I mean, it's essentially the easy way out. You avoid severance pay, there's really no MESSYHR processes if somebody just leaves. And it also can potentially help you when it comes to legal risks. So the red flags here are red flags that could tell you if you might be getting quiet fired. Exclusion, you suddenly left off meeting invites where you once were important in those meetings, shifting workload, either dumping a busy workload on you or giving you impossible goals, loss of support. Your boss pulls away, leading you stranded with no resources, stalled growth, meeting those raises, promotions, and development just disappeared as far as the talk and policy driven is another one here, forcing return to office rules that push certain employees to walk away, meaning insinuating things that they technically can claim, well, yeah, that's a good one, by the way, because if if you went to remote because of the pandemic and they just kind of let you stay there, I guess technically they could claim, well, you know, we never knew how long this is gonna last.
Speaker 3: Now you got to come back to work.
Speaker 1: But if you've made lifestyle changes or moved, you know you can't do that, and that's an easy way for them to just have you leave. And therefore again we're talking no severance, no you know, no legal issue, because you've you have the right, I guess to say you have to come back to work, and if they can't do that, they can't do that. So it's it's it's a silent game of corporate chicken. If you will right, the company waits for you to break first, and I'm sure that's happened to people listening right now, or maybe right now they're realizing, Oh yeah, I guess they were trying to get me to leave. And I have a real worry about just current not only just with the with the the economy being I guess sort of in limbo, and there's a lot of uncertainty for a variety of reasons, one being just tariffs and all that kind of stuff. But man, I tell you what, I think there are more and more people every day that realize that they have to leave their job because they just can't justify continuing to do what they do with less money, or maybe you know, just everything's getting more expensive and you wanting to make more money because things are way more expensive now than they used to be, and you've made you've not had a significant bump and pay. It's all understandable. But I think these employers, these corporations essentially are saying, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: We'll call your bluff.
Speaker 1: We'll see if you leave, and if you do leave, they'll get somebody to replace you, and you'll find that you can't find something better than what you had. I mean, I think right now, employees don't seem to really have much leverage in a lot of instances, and it can be a scary thing, and maybe leverage isn't the right word to use, but they're just knowing that you simply have a lot more expenses now and you've made probably not a big jump in pay since things went up, and they're gonna wait for you to make your move and they know they can live without you. All right, Quick break, traffic and weather updates on the way. Another sports update Withcott fits Show right here on news Radio Way forty WHS