Speaker 1: We can go right out of the Kaway Commons Perl hotline and bring on our friend romy Bean.
Speaker 2: Romy How you doing, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm doing well, uh, you know, but not some fires. But we're good.
Speaker 2: We're good now, Yes, firefighter romy Bean on the show.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know it's good to hear your voice.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Obviously we had to snapoo earlier, but you know how it is. We we we are ready to roll. We were talking a little bit earlier about uh, just sports in Colorado over the over the weekend, and yeah, I was a bit of a disappointment.
Speaker 2: We'll start to see you a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, getting sort of shelaxed there by uh the Nebraska Cornhuskers, which I know the rivalry runs deep, and that's got to feel a little worse for Colorado fans.
Speaker 2: But is it is?
Speaker 1: Is Colorado souring on Coach Prime because the media coverage locally feels like it has taken a turn recently. I don't know if that's just me observing it that way, or if that's the way that it's that it's really gone.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting.
Speaker 6: I think there's they say there was a lot that went on in the off season that had a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Kind of taking one side or another with the media situation. But I think the team's under such.
Speaker 5: A heavy microscope and they think what happened in the Nebraska game is where.
Speaker 7: Some people started to feel like a lot of the issues that were issued last year, you went into the portal, you got all these new guys, but they appear to be similar issues.
Speaker 3: And I think that is a thing where people now I think the verdict still out, have a lot of questions, but they're wondering, right, you brought into all these new.
Speaker 5: Alignment a lot of new players, and yet.
Speaker 3: It seems like a lot of the same problems are peasants. And that is something that I think is it is starting to share to be concerning.
Speaker 5: You look at the offensive line for example, right, the offensive line is.
Speaker 3: You brought up in a whole bunch of new guys, but it's still not the same offensive line problems.
Speaker 7: And so I think it's all gone on with the Deoganders experiment.
Speaker 3: Right, he's trying to do it the way.
Speaker 5: Nobody's done it, but something like an offense of blind you got to slow cook him, right, and he's.
Speaker 3: Trying to microwave it and I think people are maybe do have some doubts can it work?
Speaker 4: Bro I mean when you look at the fact that you know, CEEU for back to back weeks will be on the road in Houston territory again. Last week they were in Nebraska. This week they're planned against rival CSU. What are you expecting in this rivalry game? Because last year, remember there was a lot of talking back and forth and there was an issue with coach prom and his eyewear and his interviews. Do you think some of that be from last year has smolder enough to trickle into this Saturday's game.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think that there is always heat, There is always tension with this rivalry. Gene Norvel talked today and he certainly tried to play it down.
Speaker 3: He didn't really talk about anything from last year. But when you look at the heat.
Speaker 2: Of the rivalry in general, it's always been hot.
Speaker 3: It's always been heated. It's one of those things that, honestly, it feels like.
Speaker 5: It's always meant a little more to the rail than it has to see you, you know, kind of.
Speaker 7: Historically if you look at it. But I think it's kind of a different layer going into this year. First of all the first I've been Fort Collins in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Six, which is so it's going to be wild. But there's a lot of anger because there's extra stuff that happened last year.
Speaker 7: I think on both sides, and along with many people, I will tell you that based on.
Speaker 3: My social media comments, nobody wants you on Tendors to fail.
Speaker 7: More than ramspans. So there is added to.
Speaker 2: The rivalry this year.
Speaker 3: Whether they admit it or not, it is more intense and so it's going to be heated. It's going to be crazy, and it's I mean, that's how rivalry should be though, right they should bring a lot of.
Speaker 5: I don't want to say animosity all that stuff, but I do think there's a little bit added in with the state.
Speaker 7: Of the program.
Speaker 1: Roby being from CBS, roly how big a letdown was the Bonis premiere because there was a lot of hype that was surrounding that, and I, you know, I felt bad for it because the hype had reached a crescendo based on some preseason games which they'd scheme things up with the starters against backups from other teams and all.
Speaker 2: That kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I felt bad because I didn't think that Bowl was going to get a fair shake based on the amount of hype that has come into this thing.
Speaker 2: Now we've seen the first game out there.
Speaker 1: Was it as bad or as big a disappointment as people making it out to be or is this just a byproduct of the preseason hype?
Speaker 3: You know, it's so funny. I'm not disappointed.
Speaker 7: But what I think it is is you hit the nail.
Speaker 5: On the head.
Speaker 7: The expectations were way too high, Like all of a sudden, he's going to run out and he's going to be incredible.
Speaker 5: From the jump, and it didn't matter that he played against.
Speaker 3: Twos and threes and first whatever reason.
Speaker 1: The hype got.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe I think it's just the hope of everything.
Speaker 5: That franspires the last eight years for Broncos fans.
Speaker 3: They got so excited.
Speaker 6: I think that this man is the chosen one.
Speaker 2: That then then for him to come out.
Speaker 5: What I expected to be a rookie performance, among other things, in Sea of all places, which is hard for any quarterback to play, let alone a rookie.
Speaker 7: You even Baul went into a thing.
Speaker 5: I played in loud places, not like that, right, There was so many things that kind of going against him, and you look at the other rookie quarterback numbers, right, it's not like anybody else.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how the Bear got to win.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's be honest, so one that one of the three rookies walks away with the win. None of them have great numbers.
Speaker 7: Obviously you can go you know exs and know there's lots of ficks. But for me, it wasn't a disappointment. I think the fact that he stayed poised, that he led that drive towards the end, that the Broncos actually.
Speaker 5: Had a chance to possibly go for the win late in the game, after all that he had been through.
Speaker 7: Didn't look rattled.
Speaker 3: You know, you talked to him postgame. I think he's got the mental fortitude to deal with the adversity of a rookie season. And I think people just need to practice patience, which I know that's fellow fans do.
Speaker 7: But but you got for me, I wasn't disappointed.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you mentioned something about you know, bo Nicks and probably the hide catching up, but last season when Russell.
Speaker 2: Wilson came here, that was kind of the same thing.
Speaker 4: And the Broncos seem to be victimized by that, but Russell expected to play here in Denver. This hopefully that he does and it's not a cat injury. But fast forward into that game just a little. Do you think that the crowd or better yet, his former teammates are going to be impacted by the fact of him coming back, but now in a different uniforms.
Speaker 5: You know, I don't think so as much.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think it's one of those things that the players, Yeah, le Broncos want to get the.
Speaker 2: Better end of it.
Speaker 3: The players, especially those are the ones that played with.
Speaker 2: And they want to be the ones that come out and win.
Speaker 5: I think that's natural.
Speaker 3: I think that's normal.
Speaker 7: I don't think there's like vitriol or hate for him. Do I think the fans are going to boot?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because that's what fans do, you know? And I think that that you know, there's anger fans are you know, angry at Russ?
Speaker 3: But I think it's sure. I think I think the defense.
Speaker 1: Will be excited.
Speaker 3: Right, you get to go against the guy that you practiced against a lot of his tendencies.
Speaker 5: I feel like it'll mean a lot to the defense. And I also think I want to win for bo right now. That he's this quarterback and Russell was the quarterback of old and these are all the things that I think are gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But what I will say is I do not think the booze will be as loud as they were in Seattle two years ago.
Speaker 5: I've never heard somebody get food so loud in my entire life.
Speaker 1: That was that was I talk with somebody up in Seattle this week and they said, that's sort of the animosity for Russell Wilson that Seattle had in that return game has sort of faded.
Speaker 2: Is they've watched him not succeed.
Speaker 1: You know, if the one thing if you went out there and blew the doors off, and then you're mad he left you and you know, jilted you and improved, but when you go you go out there and you don't play all that well for a couple of seasons, there's kind of a soft spot. Now he's one of us, you know, he's got that kind of thing. Do you feel like Broncos fans will will have that animosity if for us, you know, comes out there, if he if he plays well, or do you feel like that Bronco fans largely don't care they're invested the Bonnicks thing and they don't really care anymore.
Speaker 5: I think the fact that you've got bo Nicks and there's this hype this fite week one that softens the blow.
Speaker 7: And I think they're all in on bow Nicks and so that makes a difference, Right if.
Speaker 5: You're rolling out city, maybe we've got a different situation here.
Speaker 3: So I do think that helps. But I do think, you know, fans are fans.
Speaker 7: I think you will get foods.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's gonna get food all game, you know, and it's going to be like it was.
Speaker 5: In Seattle, because at the end of the day, I think a lot of Broncos fans don't feel like Brussell.
Speaker 3: Wilson is going to have a resurrection in Pittsburgh either. The fact that he had to really battle with Justin Fields for the whole off season to win it. It's like I think, I think Barbo.
Speaker 7: Fans are okay with it because they were ready to move on.
Speaker 4: Well, let's kind of move to a more positive knowing what I mean by that. Even though the Broncos did not win yesterday, there was some negativity coming into the season as far as what would the defense look like for a second year in a row.
Speaker 2: On DC's a coordinat Advanced Joseph Me and myself.
Speaker 4: I was impressed with the defense overall after watching the game, probably multiple times, Like Vin and I, what's your impression on how the defense played in Week one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I loved how they played, and when I went back in Washington.
Speaker 5: Today, especially in the first half, obviously kind of a little bit of tail to have there.
Speaker 3: And I know they said, no, it doesn't matter how long we were out.
Speaker 7: There for that, and they were out there for a long time. But what I liked was that there were areas we talked about how to improve, and they have.
Speaker 3: The pass rush looks.
Speaker 2: A lot better.
Speaker 5: That front looks a lot meaner.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Seattle really.
Speaker 7: Gash them on the ground in the second half.
Speaker 3: So it's something that you that you got to go from and you got to learn from and get better.
Speaker 5: And we'll see how they progressed it to come out that way, especially for a unit that was pretty determined to come out and not have a slow go.
Speaker 3: I like, I loved how they started. I liked what we saw from Riley Moss across the utan. You know, obviously he's going to have a tough test and some of the other young guys.
Speaker 7: So I was impressed with how they played.
Speaker 3: The front for me looks a lot better. Is their room to grow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think that first half especially was fantastic. And special teams, I mean two years ago, this is the worst special teams unit in the league.
Speaker 3: So to do everything that they've been doing, special teams continues to get better. I think that's just been huge as well.
Speaker 1: Talking with CBS, is romy being robby shifting gears a little bit here the Broncos got Jamal Murray extended what do we think of the Nuggets and where they're at right now? Do we feel optimistic about them going forward? Is the window for Nicola Yokich remains open?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean I feel like right now that the window is open.
Speaker 5: And with all these things like Jamal's contract, I assume you know, Nicole is like, these are the guys I want around me, so pay them their money so that they have one of the most unstoppable two man games. So it makes sense to lock down Jamal Murray.
Speaker 3: I know some fans had mixed emotions on that, but the biggest question mark for the Nuggets has been and will continue to.
Speaker 5: Be the bench.
Speaker 3: And so now you got Russell Westbrook and what does that do?
Speaker 5: I think it definitely gives them a huge playmaker on off the bench, which they need, uh oh tremendously, And I think it's just going to be I think Christian Brown's ready to step up.
Speaker 3: In that role and step in for KCP.
Speaker 6: But that's I guess a little.
Speaker 7: Bit of a question mark as well. But the window is very much so wide open, and you know, I think that they have all the pieces.
Speaker 3: You just got to arrest them.
Speaker 5: You hope that having Westbrook and there means you're not playing your starters as much, because I really think that's the most significant thing for the Nuggets to seed and you just cannot wear down your starters because we saw what happen when you do well. Rommy.
Speaker 4: That's really interesting because it's always with the championship team, is the window open or is it closing? And in this case for the different Nuggets, but you mentioned a very important part right for that window to remain open, and that means that you you need quality minutes, quality production from your bench, and the Nuggets didn't really do that much to help their bitch. Do you think that they there's somehow, this massive plan that coach Malone could come up with some things scheme wise to get that bench to play better this year collectively than they played last year.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean simply, but they have to, Nick.
Speaker 5: I mean, this team is very, very Their culture.
Speaker 7: Has always been drafted and development, and they believe in their young guys.
Speaker 5: And they believe in Peyton Watson and a lot of these young guys.
Speaker 2: To step up.
Speaker 7: But it, you know, it goes back to what you're saying, you cannot waste the Colaoka just windows.
Speaker 5: So if you're gonna believe in the young guys that they got to step up, and they got to step up quick, there's no.
Speaker 3: Way to there's no waiting on them, you know. And if not, then you got to go out and get playmakers.
Speaker 5: And so I think that they feel like bringing in Westbrook will really help them.
Speaker 3: The way Westbrook can, you know, control the game. And I think said he's also a big guy on defense. I think they's got Watson take a big step up on defense as well.
Speaker 5: Now you've got a lot more power offensively and defensively on the bench.
Speaker 3: But they simply have to be at that production. Christian Brown has to step up, you know, ready or not. Like I said, I think he's ready, but.
Speaker 5: He has to be.
Speaker 7: There's no choice because you can't waste the window of an all time player.
Speaker 1: So Romby the last question for me, I think we all had this game circle this Sunday and you know, Russ's return and all that kind of stuff. Soon Asie stied with the Steelers, do we care anymore? Do we care if Russell Wilson even plays in this or if it's justin field.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like you hope Russell Wilson plays. I know the NFL helps Russell Wilson.
Speaker 7: Plays, right, It certainly brings more hype, But big picture, do you really care now?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Does it matter? Maybe it matters too Bron the fans a little bit to beat Russell Wilson, But I.
Speaker 7: Don't know if it matters all that much.
Speaker 3: You're paying him thirty eight million to sit on the bench or to play in the game.
Speaker 6: Doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I think the fact that you have bone Nicks and you have.
Speaker 5: A direction and people are really invested in where this.
Speaker 3: Young team is going to go. But I think I can totally matter.
Speaker 7: But at the same time, I think it'd be more fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Russelly certainly more fun.
Speaker 2: Storyline, Well, we mean we always a prettypreciate you joining us.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll catch you tonight on on CBS and uh look forward to the next chance we get to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys for having me. I'm so sorry about earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to come out in a sporty pickup telling you you can play pickup ball out here, but we'll be being CBS.
Speaker 2: We always love having her on the show.