Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: The following program is sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content. Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's Nutritional Science Today, right here, right now.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Happy Saturday. Jerry Hickey here for Invite Health. I'm a pharmacist who has always specialized in nutrition. I was since the nineteen seventy so I've been doing this for quite a long time. Invite makes very high quality, very pure nutritional supplements, and they're tested, they're tested, they're clean, they're the right potency, and they also use ingredients that have been used in human clinical trials and multiple human clinical trials that are actually published in pay reviewed medical journals. So that's proof that a supplement has benefit. Because you want it to work. You don't want to buy something and that doesn't work. What's the point that shows you how much to use and it also proves the safety of something, so we understand what these supplements.
Speaker 4: Can do for you.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm not the only voice of Invite. They have many nutritionists, people who really went to school to learn a nutrition degree, not take some half good course on the internet. You know, there's a lot of crappy courses that you can take for nutrition. These people really went and stead of at polaces like Kenyu. Now, I want to talk about a supplement that I think is very important for people who are trying to get fit and also older people who want to remain fit. So a younger fit person, I don't think they need it at all. We call it active HX, and active HX is beta hydroxy beta methyl bewty rate, and there's a lot of research on this. So young people who are very fit, lifting weights, playing tennis, etc.
Speaker 4: They don't need it. I don't think it's going to do very much for them.
Speaker 3: But if you've been inactive and you want to start getting fit, it'll make it a lot easier for you to get fit if you're a younger person. For an older person, I think it's a very important supplement for all older people to be on because it helps reverse muscle loss and strength loss.
Speaker 4: We have a term for that.
Speaker 3: When it's more extreme, it's called sarcopenia, that age related loss of muscle and strength, which could be very severe. And once you lose a lot of muscle and strength, then it's very easy to slide into fragility syndrome. Fragility syndrome doesn't have an exact definition. Different countries have different definitions, but basically, you've gotten older, You've lost a lot of energy, you've lost a lot of muscle and strength. You just kind of sit around day and stare at the wolf. You're not interacting with people very much, and it's a lot easier to break your hip or fall down and hit your head, which could be quite serious, or catch some kind of infection and fever and not do well with that because you're weak. So we want to strengthen you. So here's a review twenty one randomized PLACEBA controlled human clinical trials, and older people who take active HX improve their muscle size we call that muscle mass, and their muscle strength and how their body functions, and they're much less likely to fall and hurt themselves. This has implications across the board for the older population, because as we age, we lose muscle and building muscle slows down, so we have to reverse that.
Speaker 4: And by the time people are.
Speaker 3: In their seventies eighties, way more than half of people have lost a treminus amount of strength and muscle. I haven't because they keep after it and I take this stuff every day. So when they gave older people fake active HX you know what we call placebo or real active h X, there was a big difference between them. They had more muscle, they had a stronger hand grip strength, they could stand up out of it, sheer much easier, a number of times, they walked in a steady a more steady fashion, faster. So all these different tests like the six minute walk test, they were doing better on, et cetera. So it really meant something, it really doesn't mean something. There was this great study I read about a half a year ago, and it was looking at older people in intensive kere units stuck in bed for weeks. Now, research has already proven that older people like my if we're an active for two weeks even a week, we lose strength and muscle. We lose it that quickly, and the problem is it's very hard to get it back. So they split the people in intensive care older people and intensive care stuck into bed for weeks. They split them into two groups so they could forecast how.
Speaker 4: Long they were going to be stuck in bed. One group they gave fake.
Speaker 3: Active HX, fake HMB that's the abbreviation HMB hydroxymethyl butyrate.
Speaker 4: And the other half they gave it a real thing.
Speaker 3: They get it because they use the stuff that's in the invite active HX. They used that exact stuff, and they found that the older people stuck in bed for two weeks on active HX did not lose muscle or strength, whereas the older people on the placebo the fake powder lost muscle and strength. That says an awful lot. And that's not the only study showing that they've shown this in cancer patients. They've shown it in people with broken hips. They've shown it in people in these chronic conditions where they are inactive, that this stuff helps you maintain your muscle and strength. So here's a study on eighty older women. But these were healthy older women. They were over the age of sixty five. It's in Plus one, a Great American journal. They worked out twice a week for months and they were given either the active HX ingredient, the exact same ingredient in activ HX, or they were given placebo. And here's what they found. The women on the active HX versus women not on active HX. They were stronger, they had greater endurance, they had more pep, they had more energy. Now here's the thing. They were walking better, their joints worked better, they were less stiff because of the muscle strength that they had gained. This is true when you gain strength in your legs, it's easy to walk. You're less stiff, you walk more spray. So to sum it up in this study, we're not going through the whole study for you. The women who took the ingredient and active HX had improved strength, improved physical performance, better balance, more energy, greater endurance, and improved flextion. Flection means moving your legs and your arms, moving your limbs, so it really does make a difference. And I think it's very important for older people to take Active HX. Now I actually take it as part of a cocktail every day. It's a feast for my entire body. I take Active HX for my muscle strength. I take creatine monohydrate, which also is good for your muscle. But creatine monohydrate gives your brain energy to stay healthy and fix itself and repair itself. And then I mix in collagen, our collagen, because collagen makes your body. Collagen makes your blood vessel walls, It makes the filters in your kidneys, It makes the valves in your heart. It makes your skin, your hair, your nails, your spine, your joints, your bone, it makes all these tissues because after water, collagen is the second most common ingredient in the human body. So every day I have a cocktail, I have a shaker. I put a scoop of creatine in there to give my brain energy. I put a scoop of activ HX in there to give my muscles strength and to help me hold onto my muscle because otherwise I'm gonna lose my muscle. It's just as simple as that. And I put the collagen in there to rebuild my body. And I'm telling you that I could talk about all these products because everything's on special today. Normally we have a set number of products on special on each program, but we're having our fourth of July cell so it really means something so activ HX if you're going to pick those three things with a multi vitamin are so key to the health of older people. They really are like a really good multivitamin like the Invite Multi because you get things in the Invite Multi for your eyes, your heart, your brain, your immune system. That's just a great combination. So these are key things for ongoing strength and health and longevity. You know, one are good things to live a long life well, exercise, getting a good night's sleep usually, eating good wholesome foods, eating enough protein. Those are interacting with other people, not being lonely, not being depressed or anxious. All those things are key. But then there's supplements, supplements like a good multi supplements like the collagen to rebuild you because you're not making college when you're older. I should give you a little background on that. You're made out of collagen. Basically, you make a lot less collagen when you're older, So taking collagen gives you the substance to rebuild your body, your skin, your hair, your nails, your joints, your bones. The ACTIVATEX because that gives you back muscle strength. See, you know all those different proteins that they give you for muscle. The reason they work mostly is because they create the stuff and activate X, which is beta hydroxy bututyrate, So you could go straight to the beta hydroxy buttyrate and get a better result for your muscle. And then the third thing I put in there is creatine monohydrate. Creatine monohydrate is a source of energy for you muscles, but it's also a source of fuel for your brain.
Speaker 4: So if you're a.
Speaker 3: Little tired in the brain, probably the best thing you could take for that is creatine monohydrate, which is a very safe supplement. So I do that every day because I'm over seventy and I think anybody really over sixty or sixty five, that's a great.
Speaker 4: Protocol for you. That is a really great prodocal.
Speaker 3: Now another thing I take. I do eat fish. I do eat fish, but I take krill oil. So people have asked me, you know, do I dislike fish oils? No. I think fish oils are great. I just think krill is a little better because there's some additional ingredients in there. Human clinical trials in the United States show that krill oil, the fish oils in krill krill is a source of ficials, but the fishials in krill because the way they're delivered, you absorb them better. So a small krill oil capsule gives you more fish oils for your heart and your brain and your eyes than a big fish oil capsule. So a smoke krill oil actually delivers more fish oils to your brain and your eyes and your heart than a large fish oil capsule. Which sounds wrong, but it's the truth. But it's see because it's the way that the officials are delivered. In a fish oil capsule, the fish oils are attached to triglycerides, so they first have to go to the liver and be broken down by the liver and then reformed into the fashion that they're found in krill oil. So when you take krill oil, they don't have to pass through the liver and be remade. They're already the functioning form that makes your brain cell membrane, that helps protect your heart, and that nourishes your eyes.
Speaker 4: For good. Contrast, in your.
Speaker 3: Vision krill oil, the fissoils exist attached to phosphatides, and that's the key. The phosphatage protected from your digestive juices. In other words, when you normally eat a piece of fish or you take a fish oil capsule, a lot of those oils are damaged by your digestive juices, so you're not getting as much as you think you are.
Speaker 4: When you take a krill oil, you're getting a lot woo than you think you.
Speaker 3: Are because the fish oils are protected from your digestive juice. They're not damaged, and they don't have to pass through the liver and be broken down and converted into the form that they're already in. They're already in the active form. So when you take krill oil, the fish wols and krill oil are already suitable for being used in your brain, and they have a lot to say about your brain. Your brain is sixty percent fat, and a lot of that fat has to be fish oils. It shouldn't be the oils from butter or corn, or safflour or sunflower around any of that. It should be the oils from fish. So krill the oils go into the cellular membrane, which is the housing of your brain cell and keep it elastic and pliable. Otherwise it gets stiff and it can literally not function, literally not function. So the krill, the fishiels in the krill create the outside of your brain cell called cellular membrane, because that's where a lot of things happen in the brain cell. And this keeps your brain cell flexible instead of it becoming stiff and brittle, so your brain functions better. For instance, they've shown that krill oil allows you to release neurotransmitters more efficiently from your brain cell. And that's important because the brain works on these chemical messengers, things like dopamine, serotonin, are epineffrin, atpineffrin, gabba, all these different things make the brain work appropriately a cetylcholine. The second thing is the krill fish oils knock a lot of noise out of your brain, a lot of inflammation out of your brain. The krill ingredients transform into myracins and protectings and these other things that shield the brain cells from dying. They literally so they not only help create the brain cell, they not only help the brain cell function properly, but they also protect the brain sell. So if you want a good working brain on a good working memory, think about krill. It's going to make a difference. I take two every morning with my breakfast. Okay, we have to go to a break Jerry Hicky invite Health we're having our fourth of July sale and here's the deal. I'll be right back, Hye, Jerry Hickey here.
Speaker 5: And Amanda Williams. We understand your health matters. Invite Health is making this easy with our buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. The sale is on now by any invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Make your summer better by learning from us at invite hell. Check out our past shows and podcasts. At invitehealth dot com. You can speak with a degreed healthcare professional seven days a week, in person, by phone, or by video.
Speaker 3: The sale is on now by any invite Health supplement that suggested retail and get the second bottle free.
Speaker 5: Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact Invite eight hundred.
Speaker 3: And sixty three to two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three to zero five seven.
Speaker 5: Two, Or visit inviteealth dot com to place your order and check out our retail locations and additional product offers. Take advantage of invites buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two Invite Health, Get healthy, Stay healthy.
Speaker 3: Okay, welcome back here. We hate you Invite Health. After I finished this half hour program, we go to the news and then doctor Amanda Williams comes back and does the next hour of Invite Health. So this program is an hour and a half long. So we're having our fourth of July. Soe now, one other thing.
Speaker 4: Krill is great for your brain.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's a lot of documentation on that is a lot of reasons why that is true. But krill is also good for your heart because it reduces inflammation in your heart. So krill reduces inflammation in your brain and your eyes, it also reduces inflammation in your heart, and they can measure that inflammation. It's a proxy that they measure called hs CRP in a blood test, and if the HSCRP is one or less, you don't have inflammation in your heart. If the HSCRP is two, your heart is inflamed and you're actively clogging the arteries, developing hardening it the arteries if it's two. If the hs CRP is three or more, it's very dangerous because not only are you clogging the heart's arteries with waxy plaque, with waxy cholesterol. But the cholesterol is inflamed. We call it plaque vulnerability, and it can break off. It can fraction off and cause a stroke or a heart attack. So one thing beautiful about krill, It strongly lowers this proxy for inflammation in your heart help and that's one reason why krill helps prevent heart disease. Cloggedies, hardening the uteries. Atherosclerosis is the other name, and that's one reason why it helps lower the is sudden cardiac death. Krill, just like fishwa's lowers risky sudden cardiac death. But krill, much better than fishwalls lowers inflammation in your heart. The fishwalls will do it. Krill is just better at it. So every day I'm taking krill two capsules. I think it's fantastic. I still eat fish a couple of times a week. Generally we'll have tuna once a week, and we'll have salmon once a week, but sometimes cod or flounder, but generally salmon and tuna because I just love those two fish. I mean, that's just the way it is now. And I know that tuna has a certain amount of mercury in it, but I eat a fantastic diet, and I'm a full grown adult male, so that tiny bit of because the mercury will love it a place. I mean, it's it's in things that grow. It's just part of the environment. So I know that I get a little bit of mercury with the tuna, but I upset that by taking anaceto systeine, which pulls mercury.
Speaker 4: Out of body. So don't care.
Speaker 3: But for little kids, tuna is not the best choice, and for pregnant women it's certainly not the best choice because of the mercury. Now let's get back to it. Krill also has another.
Speaker 4: Advantage over fish oils.
Speaker 3: This is another it's our krill, at least is high in a pigment called astes aantin, which is kind of pink. Most krills are very low in astes antin. Our krill naturally has a lot of astes antin. So why is that important. Astes anton is a very powerful, very powerful antioxidant, and it's a very powerful anti inflammatory agent. And here's the beauty of it. It's tiny. It's a tiny molecule, so it easily penetrates into the brain. The brain loves astes antin, so the astes antin from the krill, along with the fish oils, get into the brain and block inflammation in the brain, which is a very important thing. As you grow older, the antiox to protective pathways in the brain diminish in function, like after the age of sixty sixty five, they're practically gone. So it's really easy for nature to kill a brain cell. But when you do krill and you get the fissiols from the krill that really get into the brain because they're attached to phosphatides, and you get the astes aantin, that's a powerful deterrent to inflammation in the brain because that inflammation in the brain will aid you. It'll accelerate loss of memory and a decline in your cognitive functions, and it will increase your risk of dementia. Not everybody's at risk of dementia, but some of you are, so the krill helps offset that because the fissuols are converted to things that's up inflammation. The fissuols black inflammation naturally, and the astes anton is super duper getting into the brain and shielding your brain. Now I'm going to tell you something that peers up beautifully with krill oil. It's called alcohol with ala. See krill gets colding into your brain. Alcohol with ala gets an acetyl group into your brain and you recreate something called acetyl colding more efficiently and effectively. So why is that important? When you were young, For you you had your amount of acetyl colding whatever your brain was capable of producing, and like in your twenties, you made it a good amount of it. And a setyle colding allows you to learn things. It allows you to hold on to it. That's memory and recall it later. That's memory. So aceetyle colding is key to memory. The problem is acetyl coling levels decline with age, and not just that, but some of the drugs older people are put on block a setyl coling manufacturing a brain. So when you get krill, you're getting a lot of phosphora title coline that gets coling into your brain. Then when you take alcohol with ala, you're getting an acetyl group that gets it and that gets into the brain too. Not everything could get into your brain, but these things get into your brain because your brain loves these things. It lets them in, it invites them. So the crow gives you the colin. The alcohol with ala g is it the acetyl group. You get acetyl colin, and your memory does better. Your memory will prosper. You will see over the course of weeks that you'll start to remember names more easily, more effectively, more efficiently. You'll remember keeping appointments better, you'll remember where you put your car keys better. But it's not just restoring your memory, because it's restoring your level of acetal colling, it's also blocking future loss of memory function by helping prevent a decline in your cognitive functions. Because the accetyl coling when you do more intense exercise or if you sleep well at night, the acetal colin allows you to make new memory cells. It triggers the release. It's part of triggering the release of what we call nerve growth factors. Nerve growth factors allow you to create out of stromal stem cells, allows you to create memory cells. And once again, about eleven or twelve years ago, we didn't know the human brain could do this. Now we know for sure. Account So when you do like endurance type exercises, lifting weights and things like that calisthenics, you release these growth factors, which are great for you bring because they trigger the formation of memory cells. And of course these memory cells have not been touched by depression, so you'll see your mood click up a couple of levels. And these new memory cells have not been blemished by the plaque related to Alzheimer's and other dementias, so your memory keeps on working. That's called cognitive reserve. That's a great thing to understand, cognitive reserve. Now, to do this when you're sleeping, because you also do it when you're sleeping, or to do this when you're exercising, you need acetyl coaling. All their brains lack acetyl coaling. They have it, but a lot less than when they were younger. So by doing the krill with your breakfast, and then maybe a couple hours later doing alcol with ALA, you're mixing the acetal group with the colin. You're recreating aceto colin. And when you go to sleep that night and you release the acetyl coline, it triggers the formation of new memory cells, so your brain can keep with it, It could keep at it. That's a very important thing to know. Say you want your brain if I now I'm talking about all different products.
Speaker 4: Because we're having a fourth of July. Cell if you.
Speaker 3: Buy any to Invite products, if you buy two bottles of any let me put that better. If you buy two bottles of any Invite product, you get fifty percent of off suggested retail half price. And if we ship it to you and it's thirty five dollars or more, Invite covers the shipping. They pay the shipping. And also, you know, after I'm done and doctor Amanda Williams comes on three minutes after me, after the news, you're not alone. It's not like we deserted you. You could call Invite and speak to a nutritionists. You can answer for a nutritionness or you could go in and meet them in person, or you could interact with them on the website invite health dot com. So take advantage to the sale, and if you have questions, do not hesitate to call up and ask for a nutritionists. They're very good about that. That's the correct way to sell a supplement. And these people really went to school to learn nutrition. They really know nutrition, and then of course they learned a lot about supplements in school, but they also learn the tremendous amount of beout supplements. For me, I mean, I've been doing this for I got my pharmacy license in nineteen seventy eight, so I've been doing this since nineteen seventy eight. That's when I started studying nutrition. Now, because we're having to sale, I can speak about any supplement, so I want to because I'm almost out of time, but I want to quickly talk about our grape seed extract. Our grape seed extract is in ovida. It's been used in human clinical trials and it's made by a French Italian company. It's not the Chinese grape seed that people have problems with. It's the French Italian grape seed and it's from Chordenay grapes. Because you're getting this from the seed, you're not gonna hear from the skin. And the seed of Chardonnay has the highest percentage of these things, which are called OPCs or aligomeric proento cyanodins, and what's.
Speaker 4: To deal with them?
Speaker 3: They're basically the strongest antioxidant you could take, and because of that, they help blood flow. See when your heart pumps blood, which is over one hundred thousand times today, you're supposed to pump open your blood vessels. But as you grow older, you have less of a gas available called nitric oxide to pump open the blood vessels. Plus, the blood vessels tend to get stiff and thicken, so because of that, because they're not popping open. When the heart's actively pumping blood, the heart has to force it through, it has to beat harder. That's high blood pressure. When you take our grape seed. In two human clinical trials, it's been shown to get into the blood vessel walls to stabilize that gas that pumps up in the blood vessels called nitric oxide, and to make the blood vessels more relaxed and resilient, and they pop open again so the heart doesn't have to push hard. Your blood pressure trends back towards normal. And they've shown this. They've shown in people at like one hundred and thirty five blood pressure over like eighty five. Within a short amount of time, their blood pressure went back to normal. So take one capsule three times a day for your blood pressure. I'm not saying not to take you drugs, but this can further enhance how the druge work. The problem is, well, there's no problem, but they don't interact in a bad way. In other words, the grape sheet doesn't push your blood blood pressure down. It just allows it to go back to normal, so it can't cause low blood pressure.
Speaker 4: She don't have that risk.
Speaker 3: But also if you take it before meals, it'll help you blood sugar or help you lose weight because it'll block the absorption of sugar from the meal. I'm out of time, so if you don't have to block the sugar, just take it after meals. Okay, I'm out of time. Everything's on special. Fourth of July. Shell don't go anywhere. Amanda Williams is coming up.
Speaker 5: Cherry Hickey here and Amanda Williams. We understand your health matters. Invite Health is making this easy with our buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. The sale is on now by any invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Make your summer better by learning from us at invite hell. Check out our past shows and podcasts At invitehealth dot com. You can speak with a degreed healthcare professional seven days a week, in person, by phone, or by video.
Speaker 3: The sale is on now by any invite Health supplement that suggested retail and get the second bottle free.
Speaker 5: Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, Get one free Independence Day sale. Contact Invite at.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 5: Or visit invitealth dot com to place your order and check out our retail locations and additional product offers. Take advantage of invites Buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Invite Health, Get Healthy, Stay Healthy.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional science today right here, right now.
Speaker 5: Hello and welcome to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, Director of Science at Invite Health. I know you just had the joy of listening to Jerry Hickey talking all about Omega three fatty acids and creatine monohydrate as well as active HX, all of which you can get right now on our Independence Day Buy one, Get one freesale going on. Hopefully everyone is up and at it this morning after a big night of celebrations, so I was able to tune in and watch the fireworks there in New York. You know, it's sometimes it's so great to watch the fireworks on TV, and then other times not so much. And yesterday I don't know if there was cloud cover up there or what it was, but the picture, you know, on certain shots, it wasn't ass it normally is. But of course I had fireworks going off all around me in my neighborhood. And actually, if I stand out in front of my house on the sidewalk, I can see the fireworks that they do down at the beach. I must be like perfectly aligned with the pier, and so where they they set that. They don't actually set them off from the pier at the beach, but out in the ocean. But I could see I could see the fireworks from there as well. But I tell you what, in my neighborhood, I don't know if it's a South Florida thing or just Florida thing in general, but people love setting fireworks off. Doesn't have to be Fourth of July. It can just be a Tuesday and they decide that they're gonna set off fireworks. And it's not the ones that are pretty that go up in the air. They're just the ones that boom and seem to shake the whole neighborhood. So that was fun going on till two in the morning. So I am feeling feeling refreshed in any case this morning, because not only am I excited to be here with you on this Saturday morning, the day after the fourth of July and talk about all of the different products that you can take advantage of during our fourth of July Independence Day sale, but also today kicks off the Tour de France. So I did not tune into that first thing this morning. I was going to it was incredibly tempted. I was like, I want to see the first day, but I'll watch it, so after the show, I'll turn tune into to that. But I love the Tour de France. So if any of you have listened to me on this program or other shows before, you know I'm a huge fan. Not that I'm into cycling myself, I am not, but I love the Tour de France because it's well number one. It's twenty one stages, so it doesn't even end until I think the end is the twenty seventh of this month. But I love watching the scenery and it's just it's so beautiful some of the areas and the little towns and villages that they bike through. And then of course once you start to get into the tour itself, then it's actually quite exciting, you know, some of the sprinting and the climbing and all the fun things that go along with the tour. There's always the favorites. I'm a little sad this is the first year that Mark Cavendish from the UK is not in it, so he is officially retired, so it'll be interesting to watch the tour without him. But in any event, I'm hoping that, you know, maybe we have a American or two that can win a stage along the way, and then they of course wrap it up in Paris. But enough of the tour to France. We need to talk about some nutrients today, and we have the entire product line on special, so everything is a buy one, get one free. But we also have our overstock sales still going on, so you can take advantage of those deep discounts on certain products like apple, cide or vinegar. This was kind of one of those fun products to talk about because there's so much that's related to to apple cider vinegar when it comes to overall health benefits, and when you look at the scientific research on apple cider vinegar, it's incredibly impressive. There was a study that was published in the British Medical Journal back in twenty twenty four in their Nutrition, Prevention and Health wing of that journal, and they were looking at apple cider vinegar supplementation the actual impact that could have on weight management. So they took a group of individuals who were overweight or obese, and this was a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial, and they found that via supplementation of that apple side or vinegar over the course of twelve weeks that they could see a you know, significant improvement across different metabolic parameters. So they were looking at their lipid levels, they were looking at markers for inflammation, but they could also see how it had these incredibly promising anti obesity properties to it. So it's just across the board. It's so wonderful. It's great for skin health. Sometimes when you think about taking a dietary supplement and you know, we're internalizing that and you think, well, you know, how is this benefiting my vascular system or how is this going to benefit my skin. And this is what's nice with apple cider vinegars. Those very powerful antioxidants that are contained within that really have this nice ability to fight off oxidative stress, which we know can drive inflammation, but it does a lot of protective measures along the way for our cardiovascular system as well as for when we think about our skin cells. So while we're taking it as a capsule form, it actually as it's absorbing in and gets into our bloodstream, it has really nice properties for the skin as well. So you know, don't forget about those products when you're checking out on the buy one, get one free, whether you're calling in your order or if you're on our website invitehealth dot Com, or if you pop by one of our store locations, make sure that you check out those overstock products as well. We also have the Rodeola extract on the overstock sale. You know, I'm a huge fan of Rodeola. Rodeola, you know, was touted for the longest time in the setting of sports nutrition and the ability for rodeola to improve athletic performance and to increase endurance. But then they started to look at it side of that. They're like, well, let's take some non athletes, Let's give them Rodeola and let's see what happens. And you could start to see that the way in which rodeola because it regulates your adrenal access, so the hypothalmis pituitary adrenal access, the HPA access, so it can help to better support the body's stress response, which is really important because many Americans are incredibly stressed out and it's not just here in the US. People globally have a much higher amount of stress than they ever did. And stress eats away your energy. So if you are stressed out, your energy is going to start to go down. So if we're taking rodeola, not only do we allow the cell to have a better mechanism to make energy, we're also taking a hammer, a sledgehammer to that cortisol build up that occurs because of acute stress. So excellent product, and you really do see the difference. And this is why I love Rodeola is because it's one of those supplements that once you start taking it, you can see and feel. Most importantly, you feel that difference within the first time of using it. I always put anybody up to that challenge use Rodeola extract. Let me know how you feel if you say, hey, Amanda, I took one capsule. I didn't notice the difference. Then take two capsules, and if you take two capsules a Rodeola extract and you don't feel a overall sense of well being kind of this nice energy but not like you're hopped up on caffeine, just a really nice, steady state of energy where you say, you know what I felt like just sitting on the couch and doing nothing. Now I think I'm gonna go out and I'm gonna go take a walk. That's the rodeola working for you. And what's interesting is is with Rodeola supplementation, there was a study that was done over at UCLA on individuals who had chronic fatigue syndrome and they found that when they were supplementing with Rodeola to try to improve their energy. So keep this in mind, this is what the study design was for. It's like, okay, you have chronic fatigue, let's give you Rodeola and see if this helps you feel a little peppier. But in doing this, just in ten days, they found that they had improved sleep cycles, which is really impressive. So now they're sleeping better, which means their body has the ability to recover and repair and then during the day they had this higher amount of energy, so they're more active. So this is what's nice about Rodeola. So check those products out we have and if you're on the website and you click on the special deals tab, you'll see those overstock items populate up. So you know you always want to inquire a about those things. You know, we have samy on there, we have our weight management powder and all of these things. You know they matter. Maybe you are looking to shed ten or twenty pounds, you know. Partnering up formulations such as the weight management powder along with the apple cider vinegar really nice way to address that. And clearly we know, you know, we want food to be our medicine. I talk about this often. There was an interesting report that came out from Stanford and they were talking about a prescription for produce improves health. And this is a public health campaign basically that has been initiated in different parts of the country where they said, you know, instead of always having these folks who you know have type two diabetes and have heart disease, what if we instead of just saying, hey, here's your prescription. Good luck, come back in six months and we'll retest your blood work. What if we actually design a prescription for healthier eating and let's see if that can help these folks. Now, the problem that arises in many areas, and you can see it even there in New York is food deserts where the accessibility to healthy foods is hard to find or it's cost prohibitive. And you know, you go in and you say, well, I want to eat, you know, more fruits and vegetables, but goodness, they're they're expensive. Now, keep in mind it is summertime, so accessibility to fresh fruits and vegetables should be much easier, and they're higher abundance, so you know that whole supply and demand, so it should be easier to eat healthier in the summertime in particular. But this was a really interesting kind of health public health model that they design food as medicine. And you know, I'm a huge advocate of this. We have to feed and fuel our bodies the appropriate way, and this is why I'm such a advocate for the Mediterranean diet, where the highest abundance of your daily intake is coming from fruits and vegetables and then incorporating in healthy fats and good sources of protein. But we know that most Americans unfortunately don't eat that way. And you know, part of it is convenience factor, part of it is the palette. You know, many Americans have, you know, grown up with eating a lot of high processed foods and your taste buds like that. Doesn't mean that your blood vessels like that, or your brain likes that, or your pancreas likes that. They don't, but your taste buds do. So sometimes it's just kind of reinventing the wheel and it's not as difficult as you may think. I always use myself as the test subject of this. I used to not have the best diet, and I used to kid myself that, yes, oh yes, I'm eating so healthy. I wasn't. I always say, you know, when I was in medical school, I would do, you know, macaroni and cheese. Sometimes I change it up, you know, put a little bit of salsa into it, but everything was processed. It was processed salsa. It wasn't fresh salsa. It was obviously boxed mac and cheese. And then you know, I would do packets of you know, the instant oatmeal. So now I'm nuking my foods. I mean, just horrible the way I was eating. And then I wasn't sleeping good either. Now, I mean, if I could show you my beautiful dinner that I had last night. I'm lucky to be married to someone who went to culinary school, so I am always very fortunate when I sit down at dinner because he makes these beautifull, beautiful meals for me. And so we had salmon, and we had a beautiful salad that had fresh apricots because we went over to Whole Foods and got some beautiful organic apricots. So we had some nice sliced apricots, some strawberries, organic strawberries on that salad, some red and yellow sweet peppers, some organic cucumbers, and it was so tasty, but it was beautiful. I mean, you looked at the plate and you're like, wow, this is such a pretty array of natural colors. And you know, having the saki salmon, which you know, has that much deeper kind of red color than just like a standard farm raised salmon. And if that's all that you can get your hands on, then that's, you know, better than having a processed meat patty from a you know, fast food establishment. But foods do matter. But I also recognized that even though I'm eating those healthy foods, I'm still likely not getting adequate exposure to key vitamins and minerals, which is why daily supplementation of a powerful multivitamin multimineral is so key for all of us. And so you have many different options to choose from. You have our core multivitamin. My favorite is the Performance multivitamin because it has rodeola extract in it along with superoxide dismy taste. In the summertime, I like to change it up, and I also like to use the multi energy powder because that can address the concerns with hydration. So I talk about this quite often during the summer months when I'm doing this radio program. Is hydration is key? Hydration is key year round, but in particular in the summer, where you can have a lot more fluid loss that you're not even aware of. Perhaps you're not going outside and sweating profusely, but you're still creating this electrolyte in balance. I want to talk about that in some more detail, but I'm looking at the clock. I realize I do need to squeeze in a break, so stick around with me. I will be right back just after this. Hi, Jerry Hickey here and Amanda Williams, we understand your health matters. Invite Health is making this easy with our buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. The sale is on now by any invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Make your summer better by learning from us at invite hell. Check out our past shows and podcasts. At invite health dot com. You can speak with a degreed healthcare professional seven days a week in person, by phone, or by video.
Speaker 3: The sale is on now by any invite Health supplement that suggested retail and get the second bottle free.
Speaker 5: Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact invite eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five.
Speaker 5: Seven two, or visit invite health dot com to place your order and check out our retail locations and additional product. Take advantage of invites buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Invite Health. Get healthy, Stay healthy. Invite Health Radio Happy Saturday. I encourage you to stop by one of our stores. You can go to our website invitehealth dot com and you can click on the stores tab. You can find the store locations phone numbers. If you want to pop into one of the stores and talk to one of our wellness nutrition advisors, please do. If you know you don't have time to stop into one of the stores, but you still have questions that you want to ask, by all means, give us a call. We're happy to patch you through to one of our nutrition experts. Or you can go to the website and you can actually sign up for a day and a time that works well for you, So maybe Monday afternoon, you know you have a block of time that you can schedule out, you know, go to the website and pick a time and one of our nutritionness will give you a call. It is a free service. I had mentioned a while back that we were going to be bringing blood testing services to you. Not that you're going to come in to Invite Health and have your blood drawn, that's not what it is. But we're going to have accessibility for blood tests. And I think that this is important. Before the break, I said, even if you're eating healthy, oftentimes you can have you know, micro nutrient insufficiencies in particular at times deficiencies. But we have to always know what our body is telling us, and sometimes we're not as attuned to that as we should be in terms of, you know, feeling a particular way. But our blood can tell us so much. And many times if you just go in for you know, just your annual physical, you may fool yourself and be like, oh, yeah, my doctor's testing everything. They're not. So this is why we're bringing the blood testing. And I was hoping that we would have already had it, but you know, we have a little hiccup along the way. So what I'm trying to do is make it as easy as possible for you. So if you say, hey, I want to test my coke ten or I want to know what my markers for inflammation are, I want to see if my homos systeine levels elevated, this is the service that we're going to be offering for you. So I'm partnering up with a major lab so and I'm making it really easy so you can either you know, order it from us and then go to the lab or you can even have someone come to your house or to your office and you know, do the blood draw there. So I'll keep you, you know, in tune in regards to that because that will be coming relatively soon. And you know, even vitamin D. You know, many times people say, oh, I'm sure my doctor tested my vitamin D level. They usually don't, so you know, if you want to have that level test, of which I always always always encourage people to do because they you know, it's that million dollar question. Hey, Amanda, how much vitamin D should I supplement with? You know every day. I'm fifty five years old, I'm a male, I'm you know, within normal weight. How much vitamin D do I need? I don't know. I wish I could, you know, give you a straight answer in that, but I really don't know, because your blood dictates that your body. How your body absorbs vitamin D from the foods, from the sun. Is there a reason why you don't absorb vitamin D properly? Is there a genetic reason? Is it because you also have low magnesium that your vitamin D status is low? So there's not a set amount. You know, they have the RDAs the recommended daily amount that's never makes sense because we're all unique, and so you can't say, oh, well, just across the board for all Americans, everyone should have this much. I mean, it's ludicrous to think that way. But the thing with vitamin D is it's not based off if you're a male or a female, or if you're of normal weight or overweight, or if you're twenty years old or if you're eighty years old. Vitamin D is so independent of those things. Vitamin D is truly it's a hormone number one, but it's not a vitamins. It's a hormone. It really depends on the individual person. Like for myself, I need about five thousand International units per day in order to maintain healthy blood levels. Or my husband, for example, he gets away with taking a thousand I use per day. So we're all different. So I'm very excited that we're going to be having all of these blood tests. And it's not just blood tests. There's other things like doing your vot VO two max. This is important because if we know that we're not getting proper oxygenations, say, for example, you have party of vascular disease, we need to know you know, all of those different factors because then we can better guide you as to which supplements you should be utilizing. Because remember, you're investing into your own health when you're taking supplements from Invite Health, so you're already you know, can rest assured I'm getting the highest potency, the highest quality. We do all of those rigorous testing. Everything is based off of the scientific research. But you want it to be personalized. We don't want to have this umbrella approach that oh, here, you know you're fifty, take this, this and this. We want to make it incredibly personalized. So the more we know about what's going on inside of the body, the better we do with identifying and addressing any areas of concern. So we always want to be proactive. This is always my stitch. You have to be proactive. You have to be an active participant in your own health. Nobody knows your body better than you. So before the break, I was talking about the importance of you know, taking a multi vitamin on a regular basis and hydration. Why during the summertime we are certainly much more prone. You know, it's estimated about seventy five percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated, and we know that through the dehydration. This affects so many different functions in the body, and we can look at cognitive function and if we are well hydrated, we can have better memory, we can have better mood, better concentration, even our reaction time is much better. And most people can probably maybe recognize this. Maybe you spent a day at the pool or day at the beach and you get home and you're like, oh my goodness, I'm so tired. The sun drained me. Well, it's not just that, it's also likely that hydration level has significantly dropped, and this is why you feel lethargic. We know that being dehydrated can affect our digestive health. Our body needs water in order to digest our foods properly, so hydration is key, which is why in the summertime I always switch over to that multi energy powder. It's a comprehensive multi vitamin multimineral, but it also has other key antioxidants, a wonderful enzyme blend to aid in digestion. So it has the amylase and the protease number. Proteases help break down your proteins. The lipase helps break down the fats your amylase helps break down your carbs, and this is a wonderful way. Plus it has amino acids in it has carnotine. You're getting dimethyl glycine in this, and it is a great way to stay ahead of that hydration because we know it can affect your sleep quality. Certainly for most folks what they notice when they feel dehydrated. It may, of course you feel thirsty, but you feel tired. So we want to always stay on top of this. So taking a multivitamin every day in a powdered form is a great way to, you know, really step it up, make sure that we're covering any of those micronutrient insufficiencies or deficiencies, but also encouraging healthier fluid balance. Now we can also turn to other formulations such as the alkalizer powder, which is such a great blend that Jerry put together so many years ago, and it's incredibly popular, especially during the summer. It's popular year round down here at our Florida store because we deal with much higher humidity levels throughout the entire year. And I said, even if you're not sweating, fluid loss is still occurring. So the alkalizer powder is this wonderful blend of magnesium potassium, plus it has beta alanine, and beta alanine is a wonderful amino acid that helps not only with muscle strength and muscle recovery, but it also helps with the way in which lactic acid is regulated in our body. And if we have excess lactic acid that's building up, then that makes us more acidic. We don't want to be acidic, We want to have a healthy pH and this is why the alkalizer powder is so beneficial, partnering up that magnesium which helps with muscle recovery as well as muscle relaxation, the potassium, which is another key electrolyte, and looking at how electrolyte imbalance can really throw us off. Certainly we know that eating whole foods is a nice way, really the best way for us to get our electrolytes. But once again, how many Americans are not consuming a high enough amount of fruits and vegetables each and every single day. Well, I can give you the stats on that. We already know that seventy five percent of Americans do not eat enough fruits per day. You should be eating one to two cups of fruit per day. Most Americans, seventy five percent do not achieve that. Now, when you look at vegetable intake, that's even worse. It's like ninety percent of Americans do not consume enough vegetables, which is two to three cups. So if our primary source of electrolytes is coming from fruits and vegetables, and yet we are not consuming enough fruits and vegetables, then we're already setting the tone for electrolyte in balance. And this is why taking your core multi vitamin or the performance small TI vitamin, or that multi energy powder, partnering that up with that alkalizer powder is an excellent way for us to create that electrolyte balance so we do not become acidic, so that we do not become dehydrated, and we have this nice homeostasis in our system so that everything is functioning properly, so that we don't feel moody, so that we don't feel tired, so that we get better sleep and we have better energy. All of these things are important. We have to always recognize that. And you'll see a lot of different you know, sports drinks out there that say, oh, you know electrolyte, you know, refueling and all that. Okay, let's just call it for what it is. Do they put electrolytes in those yes? Do they put in artificial colors usually? Do they put in a ton of sugar? Yes, So we're we're kind of building up electrolytes and at the same time we're stripping them out. So those sports drinks are not ideal. So we really want to target the issues with electrolyte imbalance supplementing with the alkalizer powder, getting this wonderful source of potassium along with magnesium. Remember, your potassium is so important for so many different functions, for blood pressure control and looking at regulation of so many different systems, and then you look at magnesium. You need that for over three hundred different functions in the body. So this is such a great way to create that balance. Plus it's very tasty and you can allow the body to rehydrate and get this wonderful balance back in your system. So I have a lot more ground that I want to cover, but I do need to squeeze in another their breaks, so stick around. I will be right back just after this. Hi, Jerry Hickey here and Amanda Williams. We understand your health matters invite Health is making this easy with our buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. The sale is on now by any invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Make your summer better by learning from us at invite Heal. Check out our past shows and podcasts. At invite health dot com. You can speak with a degreed healthcare professional seven days a week, in person, by phone, or by video.
Speaker 3: The sale is on now by any invite Health supplement that suggested retail and get the second bottle free.
Speaker 5: Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact invite at eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five.
Speaker 5: Seven two, Or visit invite health dot com to place your order and check out our retail locations and additional product offers. Take advantage of invites buy one, get one free Independence Day sale, Contact invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two Invite Health, Get healthy, Stay healthy, and welcome back to invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams of our Independence Day sale going on right now. You can take advantage of all of those wonderful savings by going to our website invite health dot com, stopping by one of our stores we are open seven days a week, or giving us a call, and if you have questions along the way and you want to talk to one of our experts, by all means, let us know that and we will make sure that you can talk to someone like doctor Claire. Doctor Claire is a natural pathic doctor. She is a just a wealth of knowledge, and it doesn't matter what your questions are. You know, if you say, doctor Claire, I haven't been doing the right things with exercise or stress management, she can help you. She can help personalize a nutrition routine for you. She is available today over in our Forest Hills location. If you can't stop in to Forest Hills, just give her a call. You know, if she's busy with someone else, she will call you back. And she is wonderful. So the fact that you can talk to a naturopathic doctor and who has spent her entire career, you know, understanding the science of nutrition and of course the human body and how we can be proactive in our own health. It's just it's such an invaluable service. So do take advantage of that. And you know, take advantage also of some of those items that are on that over stock sale, so you can get deep discounts on products outside of the products that are on the buy one, get one free. So the entire product lines buy one, get one free. But then we have some isolated products they're actually on an even deeper discount, so they're on that overstock sale. I already mentioned the apple cider vinegar, which is so unique in and of itself, So we clearly know that when we're looking for fun little ways to add in a supplement that maybe is targeted towards weight loss, that's a nice addition, So do keep that in mind. So we're talking hydration, the alkalizer powder and how much that matters. Hydration is so key. Your blood is, you know, largely made up of water, and so if you're not drinking enough water, which we know chronic dehydration seventy five percent of Americans, this can create that imbalance of those electrolytes, which can then lead to problems with heart rhythm. Maybe you feel like you're getting heart palpitations, rapid heart right. This is a common common, you know, symptom that you can see with severe dehydration and like heat exhaustion, so we have to have those fluids going in. We have to make sure that we have those electrolytes. We know that detoxification of the body is reliant on our hydration. For folks who are prone to you know, chronic headaches, you know, hydration is really key. This is so important if you're dealing with arthritis. Many times people have no idea that, you know, their joint pain could be linked to dehydration. So these are all things to consider. So we have this wonderful formulation. We have the alkalizer powder that you can turn to which partners up that magnesium, the potassium along with the beta alanine. So for that lactic acid regulations, you take a scoop of that. You can do it once or twice a day, that's fine. But we can also look at products like oranges HX. This is another one of my summertime favorites because you can use the oranges in many different ways. You can even take the oranges HX and make little popsicles with it, so it's a fun little activity to do. But the oranges is a perfect alternative to those sports drinks that I was talking about. And most folks probably know which sports drink in particular that I am referring to. When we look at things that are orange, that are artificially colored orange, so oranges ajax, on the other hand, is natural, and it is coming from this wonderful range of fruits and vegebles that all have that orange colored pigment to them. This is also partnered up with anocetol and tourine and it has ginsen extract in it. There's dimethyl glycine. We know the importance of dimethyl glycine when it comes to glutathione production, and if we are lacking in dimethyl glycine, that can be incredibly detrimental. We know that a low concentration of dimethyl glycine in our system is linked to the development of diabetes. And there was that really fascinating multi center study that was conducted out of Vanderbilt University along with Harvard along with some universities over across the pond, and they could see that dimethyl glycine deficiency was directly linked with the development of type two diabetes. So you're taking oranges hix, which gives you dimethyl glycine. That's a wonderful thing. I mean, look at your sports drinks. Are they giving you dimethyl glycine?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: What are they giving you? A little bit of electrolyte, some artificial colors along with some sugar. So it's basically bad sugar water. So this is why, you know, it's important to always recognize this and say, oh, you know what, maybe the next time I go to the beach or I'm doing any type of activity, I'm gonna, you know, make myself a glass of the oranges HAX because I know that this is loaded down with all of these powerful nutrients and it tastes really good. So that's, you know, one of those fun go to products for the summer, and right now you can get it on a buy one, get one free, and so it's a dimethyl glycine. You know what in the world is dimethyl glycine? Because sometimes you'll hear myself or Jerry talk about different molecules and you say, you know, it's this, where does this molecule come from? What is this molecule? I know he was talking about active HX earlier, and you know HMB and what is hmb? HMB is naturally occurring in the human body. And as we grow older, our production of HMB goes down. Well, the same thing is said true of dimethyl glycine. Dimethyl Glycine is this very versatile nutrient that is derived from the amino acid glycine, and it is so key for many different functions neurotransmitter production, so for how we feel our mood every day, for serotonin as an example, we know it's essential for how the body detoxifies. We know it's very important for our hormone regulation, So we use dimethyl glycine and nearly every single metabolic pathway in the body. And of course it is responsible for the production of glue to thione, So most folks know glue to thione for being kind of that main antioxidant in the body that is so critical to the way in which we respond to stressors and toxins. So our liver, our poor livers every single day are kind of overcome by all of these different substances. And you know, maybe food based, you know, having foods that are high in preservatives, artificial colors, all of those different weird synthetic chemicals that they pump into foods. Maybe it's the air that you're breathing unfortunately, we know that the air quality has a massive impact on us. Maybe it's microplastics, folks. I know that that's been big in the news lately. I've been talking microplastics for the better part of five years and why we need to focus in on micro plastics and how we can do better to support our liver and detoxification each day for the removal and of course adding in a probiotic. There was just another study and I'll tell you about that in a minute, with probiotics and microplastics and other harmful chemicals like pfas, so your probiotics, they are so beyond that of just digestive health and immune system health. They're so critical for that gut liver connection and the way in which our body detoxifies each day. But I digress back to dimethyl glycine. We know that dimethyl glysine plays this key role in over forty different biochemical processes. And you know almost all of our trillions, our seventy trillion cells in the body utilize dimethyl glysine. So if we're growing older and our body is not making sufficient levels to counterattack all of these other factors, then you can see how we're starting to struggle why we can't create enough neurotransmitter, why our cellular health starts to take a hit. So you're taking oranges HX, which is giving you dimethyl glycine. It's giving you tourine, that very important amino acid, one of the most abundant amino acids in the human body, and it is central to so many different functions. Once again, and as we get older, having adequate amounts of tourine can start to diminish, and then we start to feel those effects. We know that tourine is important for eyehealth. Many times when you think about your eyes, you're thinking carotenoids, you know, vitamin c, Omega three, fatty acids, you know the lutines of Zia's anthons. But you also have to have touring. We have to have touring for any area in the body that is quote unquote an excitable tissue. And so your heart, your central nervous system. Thinking about all the nerves that feed into your eye, the optic nerve in particular, and this is why supplementation with oranges AHAX is giving you all of these things. Maybe you're taking you're like, hey, it's great for hydration, it's powerful antioxidants help fight off free radicals. But look at all the other side benefits that go along with supplementing with the oranges hax. So I do need to squeeze in one final break this morning, so stick around with me. I will be right back just after this.
Speaker 3: Hy Jerry Hickey here.
Speaker 5: And Amanda Williams, we understand your health matters. Invite Health is making this easy with our buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. The sale is on now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Make your summer better by learning from us at invite Hell. Check out our past shows and podcasts. At invite heealth dot com. You can speak with a degreed healthcare professional seven days a week in person, by phone, or by video.
Speaker 3: The sale is on now by any Invite Health supplement that suggested retail and get the second bottle free.
Speaker 5: Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact invite eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five.
Speaker 5: Seven two, or visit invite health dot com to place your order and check out our retail locations and additional product offers. Take advantage of invites buy one, get one free Independence Day Sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two Invite Health, Get Healthy, Stay Healthy. Welcome back to Invite Health Radio doctor Amanda Williams here having our Independence Day sale as you just heard, So you still have time to take advantage of the wonderful savings and don't forget to look at those overstock items as well. Now, hydration kind of focusing on this talk about the oranges HX right now. You know, all of these things matter. There was a study that came out of Penn State back in I think it was twenty eighteen looking at sleep and hydration, so it kind of ties into all the different things I've been discussing today. Why you know, rodeola is important for your energy during the day, but can actually help to regulate your sleep cycle. And we know that for folks who are chronically dehydrated, one of the things that they feel is they feel tired. But it doesn't mean that just because you're tired, because you're dehydrated, you're going to get good sleep. You're not. Because remember all of the different ways in which fluid is important for all of our systems. And we know that if you are sleeping less than six hours that you are likely to experience a higher amount of dehydration. Now why does that matter. Well, now you get up in the morning, you don't feel rusted, You're already off on the negative side here of hydration. On top of if we're dehydrated and we didn't get adequate sleep, now our digestive health is going to be off for the day, our blood pressure is likely to be off, and our blood glucose levels are likely to be off. So hydration so matters, folks. And it's easy, especially in the summertime, to get ahead of this and to you formulations like that alkalizer powder, to use that multi energy powder as your multi vitamin, and to turn to products like the oranges HX, which has this wonderful combination of all of those orange pigmented fruits and vegetables getting the gin saying to really give you that energy. There's coke ten in this, there's green coffee bean extract which has chlorogenic acid which can help to better support the way in which your blood sugar levels are regulated. So this is what's kind of the claim to fame with green coffee being extract. You know, probably like a decade ago, people were very into green coffee being extract for weight loss. And there's a reason for that, because the better you can regulate your blood sugar, the better cortisol regulation you also get. And so that's where that benefit came in from. But also orgentic acid is a powerful molecule that possesses antioxidant properties, so it actually in a way has its own natural fat burning or thermogenesis properties to it. So just across the board, Oranges HX with all of these different nutrients, including that touring which I mentioned is so important for eyehealth, but for you know, cardiovascular health, so your heart health, for the way in which our body digests foods, because we have to have touring for even the way that the bile is formed, so for your fat digestion, we have to have touring. Clearly, we know that touring, this abundant amino acid plays a very critical role in enhancing insulin sensitivity, so once again for blood sugar regulation. So you start to take the Oranges HX every day and you're like, you know, I'm feeling very energetic. I feel you know, I'm feeling pretty healthy. Well, this is why, because we're creating this balance back in the system. You're getting that exposure to dimethyl glysine, which is needed for those forty plus enzyme reactions in the body. In different pathways, you're getting the exposure to anostol, which is so essential for cellular communication pathways. It's like opening up the freeway so you have a you know, traffic jam. It's like opening up that freeway so you can you know, move on down the road. That's what anocetol is doing for us. So yes, you supplement with oranges HX, you put that sports drink away and say, I'm not going to get this anymore because this is just kind of you know, making me believe that it's you know, helping my body. Of course, it's giving you some fluid and a little bit of electrolytes, but now you're dealing with all of the other artificial gunk that they put into that, and there is no anocetol in those, There is no dimethyl glysie and there is no touring or green coffee being extract or ginseng to help power up and refuel our system. And we know the power of those krotenoids too. We know that if you're supplementing with oranges h X and then you're out and about on the town and the sun is shining, those carotenoids do a wonderful job fighting UV, which is why those krotenoids are so important for eyehealth and for skin health. And we also recognize that it's not just you know, from the sun, obviously from blue light as well, So if you spend a lot of time in front of your computer or you are always on your cell phone, that is important to have a higher amount of those total carotenoids. And that's what the oranges is yielding you. And you know, study after study on these different nutrients continue to impress upon the way in which the multi system benefits, you know, when it comes to slowing down cellular aging, protecting our telomeres, those en caps of your chromosomes. We know that healthy diet makes a huge impact from those fruits and vegetables. So we are now taking a high extract of that. We're taking a high extract of those orange pigmented fruits and vegetables, we're putting it into the oranges HX. Wow, we are really fast tracking the way in which our body can respond. You know that his sparitin that comes from those citrus fruits is a very potent flavenol, and we can see how his sparitine itself was studied and was published in the Experimental Gerontology Journal. How hissparitin can actually reverse arterial stiffness. So if your arteries are becoming stiff, that's a big problem. The stiffer your arteries become, the more constricted those vessels are. The more constricted means the more force of the blood has to push through, aka high blood pressure or hypertension. So this is another one of those just really interesting fun facts about a product like the oranges chex is that you're getting this wonderful exposure to all of these nutrients that helped to support the blood vessel linings that help us support the way in which the microcirculation in the brain is working. Plus you get the enocetol, which really helps open up that freeway so that your brain cells can communicate with one another. That dimethyl glycine, which is going to encourage healthy neurotransmitter synthesis, so that we're feeling better because we have more serotonin that our dopamine balance is in check. All of these things at the end of the day makes such an astronomical difference in how we feel. And the main point of it all is that we're staying hydrated. And that's the key takeaway for today. So I went through some different products that are on the Independence Day Buy one, get one free sale that really do allow you to have better control and regulation over the way in which your body can stay hydrated. So you can partner all of these up together. You can certainly do your multi energy powder along with the Oranges HX, along with the alkalizer powder, or you can space them out. You can start your day with the high energy powders. Remember that's your vitamin and mineral complex enhanced with all of the other great nutrients, and then lunchtime maybe you do your Oranges chex, and then at dinner time we do our alkalizer powder. So that we're creating that electrolyte balance from any potential loss of electrolytes, so that we are not falling into that acidic environment, so that we're not feeling lethargic, so that we're not getting improper sleep, and that we can regulate all systems from digestive health to blood pressure control, to the way in which our body detoxifies each and every single day. Because remember that's a process that happens every day that is reliant on fluid, and so if we don't have enough fluid, we cannot detoxify properly. So this is an excellent kind of one two three punch to make your way through those hot summer months. Giving you protection for your skin with those powerful crotenoids, protection for your eyes from the blue light coming from your light emitting devices as well as from the sun, and staying hydrated. So take advantage of the Independence Day sale stock up on your favorites. If you have questions for me, please reach out a Williams at invitehealth dot com and until we speak again, be well. Hi, Jerry Hickey here and Amanda Williams, we understand your health matters. Invite Health is making this easy with our buy one, get one free Independence Day sales. The sale is on now by any invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Make your summer better by learning from us at invite health. Check out our past shows and podcasts at invitehealth dot com. You can speak with a degreed healthcare professional seven days a week in person, by phone, or by video.
Speaker 3: The sale is on now by any Invite Health supplement that suggested retail and get the second bottle free.
Speaker 5: Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free Independence Day sale.
Speaker 3: Contact Invite eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 5: Or visit invitealth dot com to place your order and check out our retail locations and additional product offers. Take advantage of invites buy one, get one free Independence Day sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Invite Health, Get healthy, Stay healthy.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to Invite Health radio and remember seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because we'll make it better. And when you can't come in, just give us a qull at eight hundred six three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 2: The preceding program was sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.