Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. It's a little code out there today.
Speaker 2: It is come on now, and it's Ronnie Millsap's birthday. Oh what a cool name. And I didn't see this coming Ronnie Millsap. But he's eighty two and still alive.
Speaker 1: Oh good for him and those guys when they were Look you're in the music in the seventies.
Speaker 3: Woo whoo.
Speaker 1: All right, the Louisville Boat RV and sports show that will be going on a week from today, actually starts next Wednesday. We will be broadcasting live at four o'clock. I believe in the four Roses Bourbon area. It's right in the center of the whole south wing there, so come find us.
Speaker 3: It's got my headphones on, I got it's that Ronnie Millsaps birthdate or something.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. Yes, wow, thanks for keeping up.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't have my headphones on. I'm in here sitting up.
Speaker 1: Cameras because George, what happens every day? Oh oh nine oh five, we start to show.
Speaker 3: That's what you sound like when you stay stupid. All right, Oh, what's this, Dave.
Speaker 1: It's a birthday today, birthday Millsap. You know he's alive and he's eighty two years old. Yeah, okay, did you know Ronnie millstep person.
Speaker 3: Did you know this what he's doing beach Ben Park in Uh? Yeah, that was Ronney millsaps beach Ben Park.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 3: You want to bet twenty bucks?
Speaker 1: No, all right, there is Two things are happening in state Legislation around the country is in full swing, including in Frankfurt. A new bill is hit the floor, or at least they're pushing it to the floor to raise the minimum wage in Kentucky. I thought that was a national thing, but I guess you can change it statewide. Oh that's right. California did that a couple of years ago. So I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: And you just read this line right here for me.
Speaker 1: Please the former Beach Bend owner Ronnie millsap.
Speaker 3: Your honor, the defense rest. Now go ahead about your little minimum wage.
Speaker 1: We talked about minimum wage a lot, and it's it's look the market. Yes, of course we all want to, you know, have a wage that people can live on.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: The market sets it.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. A lot of minimum wage jobs or jobs, they're not careers. No, no, no, it's where it's it's like cutting your teeth on a starter house.
Speaker 2: Minimum wage was never designed, Nope, for you to buy a house and have a career. So it's to make some extra money and help you get there. But now with fifteen dollars an hour and more.
Speaker 1: But how did that happen? Because people said I'm not working for seven to fifteen.
Speaker 2: The market drove it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, the people said I'm not working for some fifteen hours. So Target and all those places started going, okay, we'll pay you fifteen bucks because that's the only that was the only wage that we get people through the door.
Speaker 2: California forced it on people and restaurants closed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so this one and I don't know what they wanted to go to. I couldn't get it out of the stories.
Speaker 2: Sixty one dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 3: It's a little low.
Speaker 1: This next thing is absolutely crazy. Have you seen what's going on in Illinois?
Speaker 3: Is it bananas? Wait? You dropped the s Illinois?
Speaker 1: Have you seen this? No, thirty three counties in Illinois have voted to leave the state House. Speaker Houston is pushing HB ten oh eight. The bill would create a commission to look into borders of Illinois and leave Illinois.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, let's have them territories. So Kentucky can have an Illinois territory. Yeah, maybe Iowa can have an Illinois territory. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: Thirty let me read it again. This is I think. I don't think this is gonna be Illinois, just Illinois. I think this could catch on. Thirty three counties in Illinois have voted to leave the state. They don't like the politics anymore.
Speaker 3: Keep the tax he keep dropping the corruption.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I believe a lot of those of the border uh like to Indiana, like they want to be part of Indiana, not Illinois.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, when you do stupid stuff like well, what we need to do because crime is so high is get rid of the police, because the police agitate the murderers. You see.
Speaker 1: I used to joke, you know, because out in the state just dislikes Louisville. I have no idea why. You have a couple of reasons why, but you it.
Speaker 2: Goes because we give them all the money, and we point that out, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of our tax dollars go out to our community.
Speaker 3: We are the engine.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh hear me, roar We used to joke on the other show and even the sixth State shows, like look, could we secede to UH to Indiana?
Speaker 3: No, And we would talk about it.
Speaker 2: If there was ever a pro franchise, we couldn't call it Louisville something. No, the rest of the state would have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, Tony brought that up about NBA to Louisville, and I'm with him. He probably should rename that. They probably should rename it to NBA. I kept bugging him, but because I gotta tell you, you're right, all of them people in Louisville like a little less people, don't.
Speaker 1: I say, what was the name of the basketball team before the ABA.
Speaker 3: Kentucky Colonels, Tucky Colonels.
Speaker 1: Oh No, the rest of the state's not on board. If it's just a Louisville thing, that's a fact. So thirty three counties in Illinois, they've already voted to leave the state. I can't wait to follow keep following this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna be interesting story.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. That is crazy, all right, lots of news. The Biden did he do his UH? I did not watch his son of it.
Speaker 3: I did at bottom line, he cured cancer. We've never been in the red before, as I mean in the black before in the country budget is we have this, now have a surplus. It was really positive and I'm sure.
Speaker 2: All of the policies you put in place didn't quite have enough time to take off, but they will now that Trump's in and Trump will take credit for his work.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to do a farewell speech.
Speaker 3: Especially with his You know, he should just showed up and with like this.
Speaker 2: Well he's looking I'm sorry, he's looking at two farewells. If you think about it, so you know what.
Speaker 3: Why are you showing you what? I'm sorry? Or what if he would have just went turned State's witness on how the Democratic Party shoved him out and started naming names, blowsy people, Shumer.
Speaker 1: People ask what's the advantage of being married at these times? That's the job of the wife. Sweety, we're not doing that.
Speaker 3: Come on home, tells that to me on a nightly based.
Speaker 1: Sweety, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: Put down the keyboard.
Speaker 3: I erased that.
Speaker 1: But that's the advantage. That's one of the advantages when you get older and you're married, you have someone that goes no No, we're not doing that, sweetie. Yeah, but you're buying a goodbye doctor, doctor one hell of a doctor.
Speaker 3: Uh Nike, whoopee, Nurse Biden, she changes plenty of vipers. I'm sure she.
Speaker 1: Uh, she's a doctor.
Speaker 3: Don't belittle her. Peace HD's.
Speaker 1: Education. It's still a doctorate.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It is still a doctorate, Joe Biden. If you asked me, that's elder abuse. I I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I not. I don't agree with its elder abuse, but it's I blame her for a lot of this stuff. She should have helped her husband.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: By the way, her dissertation for her doctorate was student retention at the community college meeting students' needs. You can you can read it online follow O six.
Speaker 1: Good read You know all right. Chinese telecom company pleads guilty to stealing Motorola technology.
Speaker 3: The Chinese were stealing technology. Say why that's going to make them look bad? Uh.
Speaker 1: They are admitting to conspiring to steal technology from the Chicago based Motorola Solutions. The Department of Justice confirmed yesterday that Hitera Communications had pleaded I'd pleaded guilty in Chicago federal court to piracy to steal trade secrets. High Terra maybe find up to sixty million dollars and must make a full restitution payment to Mortorola mot Motorola.
Speaker 2: They were still in business. They used to make those That's what I was saying, those tortable cell phones that had like the velcro flap. They I'm sure they make something now, I guess, so ask China, right, well maybe they Yeah, High Terra, Oh I just did it, I know, knowingly conspired to steal at least one trade secret from Motorola.
Speaker 1: Swing the hammer, look it up and see what they still do.
Speaker 3: Do you think China cares though you say they admitted being good, They're like, yeah, we stole it.
Speaker 1: They don't care.
Speaker 3: What do we care? Right, you know what We're gonna steal more.
Speaker 1: Yes, they are until we put them in their place. I blame it on tickety talk, right. Why Why does Trump and Biden care about TikTok? Why is the President United States? If you guys, just an issue where the President United States is gonna have to sign an executive.
Speaker 3: You don't want to what why w if you got to ask why, you're part of the problem, Bud.
Speaker 2: But oh, I've got a bonus cops rock first responder story. Okay, we're gonna go to Indonesia where a woman was rescued by an entire squad of firefighters.
Speaker 3: What was it from a snake?
Speaker 2: No, she was stuck?
Speaker 3: Oh usually Indonesia. Was she stuck?
Speaker 2: It was unique? Go ahead, Dwight.
Speaker 3: Hey, how do you catch a unique rabbit? I don't know.
Speaker 2: How do you catch a unique rabbit?
Speaker 3: You neque upon it? How do you catch a tame rabbit?
Speaker 2: I don't know how tame?
Speaker 1: Way nice?
Speaker 2: According to an official with the Bandong City of Police Department, she got her nose piercing stuck in an office chair.
Speaker 3: Oh what gosh? I wonder what she was doing down there? Gosh? On did she get the raise?
Speaker 1: Stop?
Speaker 2: Well, her name's Monica. She had a new piercing and was playing around, just playing for fun before she messed up. The officials said she was sticking her face against the chair's meshed back when it attached itself the kicker. Not even the fire department could free her on site. They had to load her into a van with the chair stuff to her face, and they set her free using plyers.
Speaker 3: They don't have pliers, so figure that.
Speaker 1: Can't you just go inside the nose and where.
Speaker 3: Okay, how about this? How about if you do have to take her to the hospital, just cut a square of the fabric out from the chair and have you just have that square fabric still the whole chair? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many other things. And what's her face doing down there? She's smelling the seat or something. You name it doesn't say Monica, So let me click on the actual.
Speaker 1: Monica Bende City, Indonesia. What unnamed woman is? Is that the woman that got her face? You're dating the woman that got her face stuck in a chair with a piercing Yeah, okay, hey butt, Nos, how's that going?
Speaker 3: I don't get the pierced nos. I just don't get it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: TikTok.
Speaker 1: Trumph and Biden are looking for ways to keep TikTok running. President like Trump is even reportedly considering an executive order that I guess would override the judges ruling.
Speaker 2: How does it benefit the United States, America, the country as a whole? Yes, to keep TikTok?
Speaker 1: Why does the president? Why did both presidents care about TikTok? I don't know. This is this baffles me. TikTok Ceo shoe z Chu.
Speaker 3: Yeah from the he's from the Connecticut Choose.
Speaker 1: Shoe has been invited to Trump's inauguration and will reportedly sit in a position of honor his His name is chew On that yeah w two, a location typically reserved for former presidents. What is going on?
Speaker 3: What he likes?
Speaker 2: He likes to travel by train.
Speaker 1: He's putting these guys, He's putting the president of TikTok stop.
Speaker 2: It's not going to work.
Speaker 1: Ten dollars out I missed it. I was reading a story.
Speaker 3: This ch likes to travel by train.
Speaker 1: It's not ten dollars.
Speaker 3: That's ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Dollars the most, Dave, just take five, don't take ten. Don't be a hawk, don't be a pig.
Speaker 2: I won't thank you.
Speaker 1: Gosh, what I don't understand. So the president of TikTok is going to he's the CEO, sorry, CEO of TikTok is going to sit where presidents normally sit at the ceremony.
Speaker 3: That's unbelieve.
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 3: That's weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is weird.
Speaker 2: There's more to this story, and we don't know right.
Speaker 1: There has to be like what powerful people want this thing to keep going? The social media side.
Speaker 2: There are influencers that make money on it. Sorry, if that goes away, there'll be other platforms. If you're good at what you do, you will survive.
Speaker 3: I wonder if missus Trump's gonna have uh her mary kay rap on the other side, Mary Kay, we have we have TikTok on this side, big app here's Mary Kay. I don't I don't know what is it? Mary Kay?
Speaker 1: Is that the it's makeup?
Speaker 3: Right? Mary Kay?
Speaker 1: If you sold enough the pink cat like?
Speaker 3: No, I think the Mary Kay, let's see, I don't know. I don't know. You're on a roll with the beg.
Speaker 2: We got draft Kings in here, and no it was it was the pink car from who?
Speaker 3: Mary Kay? You sure avon?
Speaker 2: He just got a commemorative doorbell.
Speaker 1: Uh. Nick Coffee says, TikTok is how many Americans now make a living.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think that's probably true that we have as our generation dismiss. This is how many people that's their job is to do stuff on TikTok.
Speaker 2: It took a young person to point that out to us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you have.
Speaker 3: But Nick Coffee's cool.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 3: He's cooler than us.
Speaker 1: Now I know, you know, but he's His video was really cool yesterday. Go to his Facebook go to my Facebook.
Speaker 3: Pages on their follow videos.
Speaker 2: Huh, don't look at your videos.
Speaker 3: No, those are on my only coffee videos. I will tell you this though. Nick Coffee had some hilarious content in his videos on his Facebook page where he goes out and he asks people questions.
Speaker 1: The street, Joe Street, the guy's brilliant and their honey stuff.
Speaker 3: I promise you you'll double over laughing on these good stuff. That's it louder than life and the Fair.
Speaker 1: But I guess we did that story six or seven years ago to where we read that they pulled all the twenty to twenty five year olds or whatever what they wanted to be and the first seven jobs. I think he was something with an influencer, video, video, blogger, blog star, and we were all like and like, six or seven spots down was the first, like real actual job. But again I can't I can't say that because that is a job now.
Speaker 2: In Louisville. It used to be work at ge, work at Forward, work at Brown Foreman, be a doctor, be a lawyer.
Speaker 3: Not me. I was going to be a rainbow storm cloud.
Speaker 1: You are a rainbow rainbow on our day.
Speaker 3: Give here, I gotta hug you. No, please, no, go on right, stop stop pushing me away. Man, it's natural for I read an article where it's natural for partners to hug each other, and I said, it was helpful for partners to hug each other.
Speaker 2: How many Mississippis till the hug becomes awkward?
Speaker 3: Oh, I tell like, if a woman's hot before a hugger, I go, this is gonna be awkwardly long. And I'm sorry, I just I'm upfront about it. You're just a lover I am.
Speaker 1: And then I'll make one Mississippi. That's all you get.
Speaker 2: That's all you get, Just a quick pat no there.
Speaker 3: When I hug you, it's until I can spell Mississippi correctly. And we all know.
Speaker 1: Does the half high five slap on the shoulder bring it in.
Speaker 2: It's like a nanosecond, it's a half huge. It's like it can go more than in Mississippi. If you're kind of doing the patent on the back at the same time. It's not a physical thing. Then if you see it, bro, if you hug yeah, if.
Speaker 1: You love another man or woman and it's longer than one, Mississippi.
Speaker 3: You're lingering, but I'm upfront about it. I tell them this will be awkwardly long. And then while I'm right next to their ear, while I'm hugging them, they'll hear this.
Speaker 1: Sweet muffins, Do you have a joke today?
Speaker 3: I do have a joke with that.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna get Wallace today or not?
Speaker 3: George Wallace in studio this morning, baby, one of my comedic heroes. Love the guy Hey fellas t Man says. Older lady walks, I'm seventy four years old. That's not old. This this uh senior. Seventy four year old senior lady walks into the doctor's office. She's being seen by one of the new doctors. After about four minutes, she comes running out of the examination room reading what happens out in the hall, panicking. That's when the older doctor, the older doctor has been there, stops her, says, what's the problem. She explained, and he sits her down in the waiting room and relaxes and says, wait right here, I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Very specific.
Speaker 3: Older doctor marched down to the younger doctor. He said, he demanded, what's the meaning of this? He said, what's the meaning of this is what he said. Miss Abernethy's seventy four years old. She has four grown children, seven grandchildren, children, and you tell her she's pregnant. Younger doctor looks up and goes, well, cured the hiccups though, didn't it? Good? Doctor? Right there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is your joke of the day, January sixteenth.
Speaker 3: It's the Mary Kathy.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty four. Back after this on NewsRadio eight forty whas.
Speaker 3: Try Statemen's health dot com. Fellas, how you feeling when you get home from work? Are you tired, lethargic? Are you going straight home to the couch in the middle of the afternoon or you wanting to take a nap? What about the gym? Are you getting less gains up here and more gains around the waist? It could be your testosterone. It was for me. I used to go home and go straight to bed. I'm not playing thirteen years ago. I started my testosterone journey and I'm never going back to the way I used to feel. I go to try State Men's Health. You should too, do yourself a favor. Go to try statemenshealth dot com. Take that lotiquiz take you about a minute it's all yes or no questions. Then make your appointment. Here's your appointment. It's ninety nine dollars. You get blood work done within thirty minutes. You're sitting down with a licensed medical profession and they're explaining all of your numbers, your your PSA, of course, your testosterone, all of it. Then you make an educated decision. It's testosterone right for you. It was for me, and it changed my life in such a big way. I'm never going back to the way I used to feel. Check them out today, go to try Statements, health dot com, stick Around News and Traffic on the Way, news Radioay forty w h A S.
Speaker 1: Did they have any other hits besides? Was this modern English?
Speaker 3: No I'll met?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is modern English.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's the only hit from them.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are a one hit wonder band.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty good hit though. Yeah, it is pretty good one.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to.
Speaker 1: H A S. So please don't sing the song, let the song send.
Speaker 3: Let me look you in the eyes. When I was singing that lyric, making love to you was never second best.
Speaker 2: Anthony, here comes the chorus and you have to hit the drums twice.
Speaker 3: Ready, Yeah, I stopped the road and melt with you to drum. Look me in the eyes.
Speaker 1: Oh, stop.
Speaker 3: Getting all the time? Are you look me in the eye?
Speaker 1: When I sent to you, man, George Wallace is on his way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, about an hour from now, he's going to be on you.
Speaker 1: You haven't been this excited since Tommy Howell.
Speaker 3: I'll be kid. Tommy who Tommy Who?
Speaker 2: Thomas how See Thomas Howell Who?
Speaker 1: Oh you've moved on?
Speaker 3: Who I see?
Speaker 1: I see how we have the great George Wallace coming in. George wallings what you connect to?
Speaker 3: But if you remember when you and I were in Las Vegas with the Rock Morning Show, we did Yes the Morning Movement with Tony and Dwight, make us number one when you're going number two. They don't need to know that we were getting. It was like a cattle call for celebrities. And their handlers came over to us and they had a clipboard and they said, Okay, we got Bon John Bon Joe, we we have John Elway, we have George Waller. I said, stop stopping, George Wallace, say yeah, we got John get me George Wallace.
Speaker 1: It was so pathetic.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, we were I love George Wallace.
Speaker 1: But and we want John bon Jovi at the time, and John, Yeah, come on.
Speaker 3: But John bon Jovi. We were interviewing John bon Jovi and I saw George Wallace walked in, and I ended the interview and pushed John bon Jovi out of the way to get George Wallace. That's how excited I was, even though John bon Jovi is four foot tall and has more hairspray than all of a man Drew Sisters.
Speaker 1: Com Meditate, meditate, Come on, I'm kissing, don't. Don't embarrassed, George Wallace. I'm embarrassed myself. If you're going to California, No, it's not in California.
Speaker 3: Where is this doesn't know? It's if you ever wanted to spend the night in a ground at seven forty seven, formerly owned by Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar, here's your chance, baby.
Speaker 2: No, because at some point he might want his plane back.
Speaker 3: Uh no, he's gone. Is he dead? Yeah, Pablo yeah, yeah, all right, So if you ever want to spend the night in the ground.
Speaker 1: Chop yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh but think about this, he has Pablo Escobar, he was the richest man on the planet. Well, no, he was. No you want to At the time he was June Wilders. Think about that, man. You know how big a seven forty seven is, Yes, I do. I used to load those that are huge anyway. Uh, Pablo Escobar had a seven forty seven. You can now spend the night in it as an airbnb. He's got a hot tub, a sauna, a gold plate to toilet more. Now here's your chance. It's being rented out as an a being. It's in England.
Speaker 2: Where is it parked? Exactly?
Speaker 3: It's in England.
Speaker 1: Why but could you spend the night in an airports?
Speaker 3: I would do this.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't. You hate airplanes? Why would you spend the night in an air in.
Speaker 2: A South American drug lords plane parked and parked in England?
Speaker 3: Grounded like I was? Is a the youth grounded in England. It has two bedrooms, it can accommodate four guests and the price is only five hundred and fifty one dollars a night. You see, sweetee? A drug lord used to right? Get it? A drug lord? Look, no, the wife comes out of the canny, go hey, how was your pee?
Speaker 2: At least you can stay there on like Elvis's plane.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, how was your bathroom trip? You know, Pablo said.
Speaker 1: On that seat too, O boy, what come on?
Speaker 3: Oh that's impressive.
Speaker 1: You kids, say, the drug lord and murderer and you are excited about spending the night in an airplane. What's wrong with here?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look up. I'm gonna vindicate myself on Pablo Escobar being the wealthiest man at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure that's an accurate number. So, Dave you you grew up a portion of the time in northern North America up there.
Speaker 2: I was born in upstate New York, Rochester, New York, along the shores of Lake Ontario. Spent my first fourteen or so years of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there, and then you were in Wisconsonisconsin.
Speaker 2: After that, and then Michigan and Missouri, Pennsylvania, Florida.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so I ask you that question, what go ahead?
Speaker 3: I stayed corrected. He was not the wealthiest in the world, but he was one of them. Thirty billion dollars is what he had in nineteen ninety three. That was his net.
Speaker 1: That is a lot of money.
Speaker 3: In ninety three, that is thirty billion.
Speaker 2: That's still a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It really is. So I'm asking you because is this something that they do up there a lot? This is called the Minnesota ice Maize sets a Guinness Book of World.
Speaker 2: Record Minnesota ice Maze. Now the things I remember doing. They used to have winter softball leagues, so that'd get an orange softball. People would drive their cars out onto the lake no way, and they'd set up bases play on the snow with their vehicles and themselves on the way. Yes, my dad used to play that.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Ice Festival. The festival centerpiece is a massive eighteen thousand square foot ice maize. Is this fun for them up there?
Speaker 2: I have never done an ice maize. We're too busy drinking beer in Wisconsin ice mazes.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been ice fishing? What you do is you just uh, you make an ice plow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the plow past the previous record of thirteen thousand square foot.
Speaker 2: See there's a difference between Vikings and Packers fans right there. See Packers fans are eating brought worst and drinking beer, and Vikings fans are walking through ice maths.
Speaker 1: The maze has eight foot high walls and multiple twists and turns. No, this does not sound like fun. Now I don't also enjoy. I don't like the corn maze. It's let's get lost.
Speaker 2: How did he die of exposure? In an ice? Mays and math?
Speaker 3: Uh, we don't call them corn mazes. We call them, yeah.
Speaker 2: Maze mazes.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Boy, do you feel for the Minnesota Vikings? They lost again? Like they had the best season they've had.
Speaker 2: You had that twenty years, you had that percolating. Sam Donald's never been this good.
Speaker 3: Did Franz Parking to have a bad night or he did?
Speaker 2: He's going to go back to being Sam Donald? Maybe not, maybe not. He cost himself so much money the last two games for Minnesota.
Speaker 1: It really was at some point they were what are they thirteen and two or fourteen and two? Yet there were fourteen and two and it was like are we sleeping on the Vikings? And people in football were like, yeah, we're not, No, we're not, and so La took care of business and moved on. I just felt for our friends.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, we love all those guys.
Speaker 1: I love the guys that they run the I mean they Derby City Norsemen.
Speaker 2: You missed the field goal should have been a super Bowl team. Brett farre throws a pick, a stupid pick. Should have been a Super Bowl team that close.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw where Buffalo is building a new stadium, no ice mad, but it's not going to be a dome.
Speaker 2: That's smart, that's home field advantage. You want to make it go through Buffalo if you can.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So we got friends that live in Buffalo, real close friends, and the Buffalo fans show up and they cleared the dadium before games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Remember when what happened with Lamar Jackson? I forgot the story of the backstory. Oh yeah, and he named Blessings in a Backpack as his charity and they donated like four hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Bills in Mafia, the Bills.
Speaker 3: I'm in the Bills Mafia.
Speaker 1: Something happened to remember. I don't know what he did at the game up there, but he's playing again this weekend. That's the best game of the weekend, by the way.
Speaker 3: That is an.
Speaker 2: Official And it looked like after the Kansas City game they thought Josh Allen locked up the MVP, but Lamar's trending now and his stats are better than Josh's. Do they vote before this game for MVP. I think they did.
Speaker 1: Henry had like one hundred and ninety yards in three touchdowns. Yeah, it's like you can't tackle the dude. It's gonna be a great game. Can't wait. But Minnesota, you should follow the lead of Green Bay and Buffalo. Get rid of the dome and the myth and theth meath.
Speaker 3: I guess that's.
Speaker 1: Fun, is it?
Speaker 3: I guess they Why would you build? It?
Speaker 2: Is a corn maze?
Speaker 3: Fun?
Speaker 2: Is a maize? Fun?
Speaker 3: No, it's frustrating if you ask me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't want to get lost in a thing.
Speaker 3: Half the time. My regular house is amazed to me after like nine forty five at night.
Speaker 1: Well, how many times do you walk in a room? You're like your dog, You're like, why am I in this room?
Speaker 3: Oh? Every day?
Speaker 1: The festival runs through February sixteenth. If you want to rush up there to enjoy the ice maid Minnesota ice Maize or it is.
Speaker 3: The indigituous people call them the maze ma.
Speaker 1: Do they build like ice houses? Yes, Tony, they live in an ice house? How is that possible?
Speaker 2: You just can't throw cubes?
Speaker 3: Do you know how to you know how to catch a polar bear? You cut a big hole in the ice.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Then you throw a fish down into the lake, all right, supposed to take him out of the lake. No, no, no, it's how you capturing. Oh. Then the polar bear will come out and he'll look at the fish. Then you sneak up behind the polar bear and you kick him in the ieshole.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's good. Start, that's great.
Speaker 3: Go for that.
Speaker 1: You first, less than half of Americans care whether who wins the Super Bowl. I think that numbers should be higher.
Speaker 2: The ones that care are the ones that are fans of those two teams.
Speaker 3: Yes, the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Are just parting.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't that be ninety percent? I would think, so you care unless you're gambling on it should be ninety or higher percent. Forty eight percent fans actually don't care about which team wins. They care more about the snacks. Well, but think about this, the food.
Speaker 3: So there's only two fan bases right in there that you know what I'm saying, if your team's not in there.
Speaker 1: You know, and the halftime show? Who's the halftime show? Last year?
Speaker 3: Have the Super Bowl's been close the past few years? Now?
Speaker 1: The past what they've been. They've been going down either they overtime or the last drive.
Speaker 3: Because when I left the NFL, they were all blowout, Like the halftime it was like thirty five.
Speaker 1: They set the rules safety, They've set the rules up to where these games seventy percent of all NFL games end in a one score. That means seventy percent of every NFL game. Now the last the person that has the ball last has a chance to win the game.
Speaker 3: So you what I'm hearing is the same script writers the rite for WWE are now writing for NFL.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I'm saying, Yes, exactly what thank you for that?
Speaker 3: But yes, I give you wish that you know, we wouldn't keep score in the super Bowl and both teams could win. Yeah, wouldn't that be a no?
Speaker 1: Uh so, yes, food is the more important that this survey basically says, Look, the food and the party is way more important than the game.
Speaker 2: Last year's show was Usher.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he wasn't too bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but showing people to their seats that's boring. Oh no, and then Kendrick Lamar is supposed to be this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put a put a dollar in or the Usher joke?
Speaker 2: Okay, but I get something back for people, and ice mazes shouldn't throw cubes, don't I get something for that fifty cents?
Speaker 1: Okay, you just put fifty.
Speaker 2: I got four fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're up four to fifty for the day, all right. Southern Comfort hot tubs. You don't need an ice maze, even in an ice maize.
Speaker 3: Right, you need a Southern Comfort hot tub. What a way to end the day, Just you and the one that you love and that one hundred and three hundred and four degree water with the massaging jets. Ah, you're gonna sleep like a baby. Think you can't afford one, Think again, you can sixty five dollars a month. You heard me. They have hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month, with over one hundred tubs to choose from, plus twelve months same as cash. That's what Susan and I did. We've had a Southern Comfort hot tub as long as we've been married. I can't imagine life without one. Seventy five to one Preston Highway, You're gonna love your Southern Comfort.
Speaker 1: High breaking news. Student hit by a car near Southern High School in Louisville this morning oh Man pruston Highway back after this news radio eight forty whs.
Speaker 2: It's another birthday right here.
Speaker 1: This is Jerry Reid Jim Stafford.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's eighty one, And I said, yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Did you used to play this on RKA?
Speaker 2: Did not? This was not in rotation. I had the forty five though when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: George Wallace is coming up here in about fifteen or twenty plus. Bill Bell from the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety, don't forget when you go get your license. Now there is going to be an eye test. Oh, what's wrong with your headphones? Are you all right? And Dwight's just running around. We had a little excitement. Somebody was screaming and yelling outside the windows. Oh cool, yeah, glad, I'm back here. Yeah, buddy was one of our managers. Like. It was unusually loud, but they took care of it pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: How could you hear it because our soundproof pulletproof windows right there.
Speaker 1: It wasn't near us, but first you love took care of it pretty pretty quickly. Okay, so George Wallace is coming in. He is in town. I as soon.
Speaker 3: George Wallace is in town. I believe tonight through Saturday at Louisville Comedy Club. Don't miss this show. And I got to tell you I've loved this guy since the late seventies. So you think I kissed other people's ass?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it? Lookout?
Speaker 1: It's not sold out right?
Speaker 3: No, you still get tickets. And look how much chapstick I brought in? Is that gonna be enough?
Speaker 2: Those are like speed sticks?
Speaker 1: Three sticks? Yeah, you're good. Okay, let's do Tony's break in alignment. We go to break, We'll do some news again. There was a student JCPS student hit out front of Southern High School this morning, So more news in the next break.
Speaker 3: Tony's Break and Alignment. Baby, listen to this. Finally, a place that you can trust when it comes to maintenance or preventing maintenance on your vehicle. You heard me right, a place that you could trust to work on your car, truck, or van. It's Tony's Breaking Alignment. Three generations they've been in business. Why is a family owned business important to put in a commercial. I'll tell you why, because family owned businesses they just care more. They really do, especially Tony's Breaking Alignment. They hire the best mechanics and technicians. They have the best diagnostic equipment, and they're so confident in their work, and they should be. They don't give you just a warranty. They give you a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty that's on every single job they do. Folks, put your mind at resk over Louisville's best and that's my dear friends at Tony's Break and Alignment.
Speaker 1: Stick around Bill Bell and George Wallace together.
Speaker 3: I just remember something else. Boy's ready away. Forty whs