Speaker 1: Here is the latest weather forecast from news Radio seven hundred W l Jones.
Speaker 2: Another Chile start, but we do warm up nicely, especially into the afternoon hours, as we'll be right around that seventy degree mark with sunny skies tonight. You're back down into the low forties warmer when you wake up tomorrow, and we actually hit the low seventies for a high on your Sunday formas of your weather station. I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Radar is clear and it's forty degrees in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Our next update is at six.
Speaker 5: I'mley Mawen, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred Wlwneath.
Speaker 6: The cover of October Skies, we begin this morning with classic Van Morrison.
Speaker 7: Well, that's a marvelous night for a month. Dance with the star.
Speaker 8: As Van tasnad to make romance nid the cover of Thomas.
Speaker 4: You all the leaves on the trees.
Speaker 8: Are falling to.
Speaker 9: The sound of the breath of that body.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm trying to please to the calling of your heart.
Speaker 10: Strength that place off and load, get all.
Speaker 11: The nights, my due seems to wet around, honey, get all the sun monnight seems.
Speaker 12: To shame your place.
Speaker 13: Hn.
Speaker 4: I just n more morning.
Speaker 14: That with you.
Speaker 4: I'm out love.
Speaker 15: I cannot dimake some more road man's what do you ill?
Speaker 5: Will?
Speaker 16: I want to be love to you till now.
Speaker 8: I can't wait till the morning has come. The morning I know now the time is just right and straight and from my army will run when you come on right well.
Speaker 6: In a distant land, far far away, a long long time ago. This was a karaoke choice of Gary Jeff Walker pull it.
Speaker 7: Off pretty well too.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not doing it right now. No, have you seen the moon the last couple of nights. It has been absolutely spectacular. In fact, it woke me up the other morning at four o'clock, shining right in the window of the bedroom.
Speaker 7: And I didn't need to get up that early before.
Speaker 6: We look at a look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history. October nineteenth, including but not limited to these, seventeen eighty one British troops under General cornwall Is surrendered in Yorktown, Virginia. The American Revolution neared its end, and we rang up a victory as a country, finally over the evil, evil, imperial colonial British, those bastards. This date, in nineteen sixty the Reverend Martin Luther King Junior arrested during a sit down protest at a lunch counter in Atlanta. Wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last time. The supersonic Concord made its first landing in New York City on this date in nineteen seventy seven, flying from Toulouse, France, three hours forty four minutes. It's enough time to get drink service. Nineteen eighty seven, a day that is still remembered all these years later as Black Monday, October nineteenth, nineteen eighty seven, the stock market crashes. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped five hundred and eight points, But the key here is twenty two point six percent in value, which at the time was the largest daily percentage ever lost Black Monday. Eventually we would recover Pope John Paul the Second beatified Mother Teresa during a ceremony in Saint Peter's Square the state in two thousand and three. Two years later, Saddam Hussein was put on trial by the Iraqi interim government, accused of crimes against humanity, which he would pay for with his life. The legendary psychedelic sixties artist Peter Max is eighty seven. John Lithgow is seventy nine. Steve Doocey, who's on Fox News, has a birthday today, sixty eight. Singer Jennifer Holiday is sixty four. Boxing Hall of Famer Evander Holifield is sixty two, missing piece of his ear, like President Trump, Extreme Makeover Home Edition host Ty Pennington is still fixing him up at sixty. Filmmaker John Favreau is fifty. Amy Carter, the daughter of Jimmy and Roslind Carter, is fifty seven.
Speaker 7: Today.
Speaker 6: South Park creator or co creator Trey Parker turns fifty five. Chris Catan, the Monkey Boy is fifty four. Filmmaker Jason Rightman forty seven, Jillian Jacobs, Rebecca Ferguson. And that's the list. If it is your birthday on this October nineteenth, the most popular birth month of the entire year, because a lot of people were doing a lot of things nine months ago. If it's your birthday, it is the best birthday you can possibly imagine, and you get to spend that with people that you love, doing the things that you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. It's five point forty one on a Saturday morning, back with weather and sports in a moment on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: This morning at nine, Mike Allen goes full thor and wields his mighty devil of justice on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: For generations, hardworking people have relied on Ford F series trucks to help grow business, money and pleasant through the day. You see's homecoming you home. More about that in a moment. There's an eight am parade which is gonna be kind of chilly, about thirty nine degrees by this afternoon, a high of seventy two overnight clear again, Sonny, A bit warmer on tomorrow. High at seventy two on Sunday and Monday, Sonny, and the high all the way up to seventy six. It is forty now at seven hundred WLW. Here's Liam Tomlinson.
Speaker 5: Seven one hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Sports basketball already, Liam, Yeah, believe it or not, it is basketball season already.
Speaker 17: The college basketball season underway, and last night you see beat Ohio State eighty to sixty two and a charity matchup. In tomorrow, Xavier and Dayton face off in a scrimmage.
Speaker 7: As well.
Speaker 17: College football, you see host Arizona, a state for their homecoming weekend. Kickoff is sept for noon. Pregame coverage begins at eleven. Listen right here on seven hundred WLW. Kentucky travels to the Swamp to face Tennessee and that kickoff is set for seven thirty, and you can catch all that action on ESPN fifteen thirty Soccer News. It's decision Day in the MLS and f C. Cincinnati travels to Philadelphia face the Union. Pregame coverage begins at six and kickoff is set for six thirty. Catch all that action on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Some high school scores from around the area. Covington Catholic destroys Harrison County fifty six to six. Walton Verona tops Galloton thirty five to eight. Ron Cally beat East Central seventeen to seven, Beechwood sixty one, Carroll County nothing, Holy Cross thirty four, Trimble County nothing, Lexington Catholic edges out Lloyd Memorial twenty three to fourteen Ryle handles Great Crossing thirty six to eight, Norwood Falls a Summit Country Day forty three to six, Redding Falls to Taylor forty three to fourteen, Cooper forty eight, Moon County fourteen, Lawrenceburg Top, South Dearborn seventeen to seven, Elders shut out, Bishop Chatard fourteen to nothing, and Roger Bacon handles Percell Marion twenty nine to eight, and Saint Bernard Elmwood Place seventy seven, New Miami zero excellent.
Speaker 7: Thank you, sir. We move on.
Speaker 5: News radio seven hundred WLW. Don't let a plumbing problem ruin your day.
Speaker 18: Halfin Plumbing is the locally owned residential plumbing specialist offering a wide rap.
Speaker 6: I'd be fine, thank you. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, Bright and early. People are actually up and actively using a telephone at this time of the morning, including Al and Montgomery.
Speaker 19: Hello, Al, Hello, Garry Deff, Good to talk to you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good to talk to you. What's going on?
Speaker 19: Well, a little Saturday morning, I'm out. I take my gentleman's gun dog Beatie for a ride every Saturday morning and and.
Speaker 20: Listen to you.
Speaker 19: And I thought i'd give you a call a little blast from the past. Me and the guys used to talk to you a lot at a little bar down on the Licking River.
Speaker 21: I think you remember it.
Speaker 19: Kleines Cinds exactly me, tug Darren Ozzi. I don't know if you remember us or not.
Speaker 7: Oh, absolutely, who could forget?
Speaker 6: You know, I had some of the best times in my life hanging out at Kleines on the river, which is now of course that location is not a Pine on the Bayou. When Jim and Helen decided they were done with the bar business. And I'm telling you, man, some of some of the best people, some of the best times.
Speaker 7: I mean, I remember.
Speaker 6: The tug of War competition over the hill I participated in that, the Ruda Bega Festival or the turn Up festival that Jim Klein used to have, and all the guys including a including a gosh, the basketball b Larry Uh you know what I'm talking about, Al, You've got to know who I'm talking I'm talking about Frog, Larry.
Speaker 4: Frog, Red Froggy Frog.
Speaker 7: I mean, well, you know we had a ball well you know, well from what from what I can I'm like, you know, from things that I can remember from clients.
Speaker 19: Sometimes we had a little bit too much.
Speaker 22: Fun in there.
Speaker 19: Yeah, if you know what I mean. But uh, now we're all still kicking all except for uh Ozzy he he passed a few years ago.
Speaker 4: Wait, but still still.
Speaker 21: Having a great time.
Speaker 23: I said, Oh, heck, I thought i'd give you a.
Speaker 19: Call and just say hi and uh bring back some old memories you can talk about.
Speaker 6: Well, you certainly did, Al, I appreciate it, brother Buggy Gary.
Speaker 19: Yeah, do you remember do you remember the turkey shoes so you used to have down there?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 21: Yeah, alcohol and shotguns? What a better mix?
Speaker 6: Well, I've always said, Alan, I think you'd probably agree with me that I'll call tobacco and firearms shouldn't be a government agency.
Speaker 7: It should be a store.
Speaker 24: Exactly.
Speaker 6: Listen to have a fantastic morning, all right, bye bye, good good stuff.
Speaker 7: Man. That did bring back a flood of memories.
Speaker 4: Mama Tree, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 13: Well, it rained forty days and it rained forty nine. Didn't that well? It rained in the east, and it rained in the west. Didn't this well, it rained in the north, and it rained in the south. Didn't it missing missing? Well, it rained all the mountain, didn't it didn't it rain? Children, didn't it rain? Oh, my lord didn't it didn't it didn't it rain? Oh? My lord?
Speaker 7: In it rain?
Speaker 13: Amen?
Speaker 6: Amen, I can't. I can't proof on that. Mama tree. That's good stuff. How you been baby?
Speaker 25: Well?
Speaker 13: Right as I called you, darling, my pingers started hurting and it felt like it was black and blue and purple like Gang Green. Oh, So I said, nurse, Miss Connie, come in here. She said, what is it? I said, my finger will color it. She said normal. I said, but you gonna have to take it off or they gonna have to get me trysted up for Gang Green poison. And uh, she said, I think you go out go. I said, ye, Jesus, please help us, cause I'm gonna hold to be on there every day. I said, pull it, pull it and all once. She said, it's coming, it's coming in. I said, I feel it reallyeve. And I don't know how many m see people may find say I'm crazy butt. September twenty fourth, when that mess is over in Indiana. I'm down in the valley across from Indiana. So it came over here in my eyes and nose and skin and everything. So I guess it messed up because I swelled up all over that day.
Speaker 6: Okay, what are you talking about? What happened September twenty fourth.
Speaker 13: At plastics over on that train cross.
Speaker 7: Talking about styrene, the styrene leap.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm allergic to that.
Speaker 7: Well, everybody's allergic to the Hamama tree.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but I got it bad when I drove past the plastic pactores over here. It was so bad, doctor said, was the matter? I said, every time I drive past that plastic practice. And it found out I have blood allergies to plastic chemicals. So only me over here is got it. I can't see a green dollar from Bengal that day, and I joked about it. Well, having lunch at one and uh, I ate like a pig and my stomach which ground like I was still hungry. Yeah, I said, man, what is that stink? Cause I didn't know till nighttown what it was. And so I came in from Bingo and I told the hey, this urneral smells like a plastic factory. Do you spell smell now, ma'am? I said, well, do you smoke? Yes, ma'am? I said, well, I'm allergic to cigarettes, allerge to plastics. That's why you don't smell it? And at Bingo, they said you want a dollar? I said, well pay me.
Speaker 3: They said we did.
Speaker 13: I said where in front of you? I said, sh hand it to me. I said, I feel it, but I can't see it. What was in the air cause I also, being from Africa, I'm allergic to rubber.
Speaker 7: Wha wha, wha wha, whoa nuh uh. How are you from Africa?
Speaker 13: My grandma come up around slave ship hundreds of years ago.
Speaker 6: Hundreds your grandmother or your great grandmother or your great great grandmother whatever.
Speaker 13: I real that my dad was old. But anyway, they said, you're Fromasca. You learned to rubber. And I my son got tennis shoes. I put them in the kitchen. I couldn't breathe it.
Speaker 4: Liam.
Speaker 6: Have you ever heard that Africans have allergies to rubber just naturally?
Speaker 7: I have not.
Speaker 13: The Rubbert's gum tree is some mask of the kidney doctor tell me fifty years ago. That's all I'm going back, all right, all.
Speaker 20: Right, Well, I mean, I'm.
Speaker 6: Sorry to hear that, because there's a lot of good things that rubber and plastic bring to our lives, and you can't enjoy themometry because of your allergies and our glasses.
Speaker 13: We drank out all that plastic. I'm not likely to just the smell of it. My roomor that night was just with it. And at night I'm I'm gawky because I'm crossside and we've got calm up. I reached some glass, go to my mouth and they pour down my chin.
Speaker 7: So you have a you have a you have a you have a drinking problem.
Speaker 13: No, I don't balance anyway. I put a towel Caro. I said, Oh, I can't sleep with this plastic going up my nose. I'm like, so the aid gave me a clean towel, Yeah, and I throw it. Put that in the sack to prove that plastic came to Kentucky because all the news was talking about all parts of Indiana. Yeah, it came right into my air zone, you know.
Speaker 6: Mama Tree, I'm glad that you're feeling better. I got a run, baby, We've we've done way too long. All right, Thank you, thank you, love you. We'll talk to Dick after the top of the hour. You asked for a better transit in Hamilton County and into the first official Howard of the Saturday Morning Edition for this Saturday, October nineteenth, twenty twenty four. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, and you can be who you want to be. Please, as far as I'm concerned, it's not against the law.
Speaker 4: How bad some.
Speaker 6: Picking in Grinnan Dick style. The Dixter is on the line. Let's talk to Dick from Dayton.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Dick, Good morning, Good Jeff.
Speaker 26: How are you?
Speaker 7: First and foremost, we need to know how Ingrid is.
Speaker 26: Oh, it all worked out real well. Her her friend came down from well, she's here in Kettering. She was a nurse and they wanted to put her in mary in Ohio, where her girlfriend or her daughter is, but they found a place over by me. It's called They were gonna either put her with Bethany or the Oak Creek Rehab and it's really nice. It's it's so close here, it's probably four minutes away, five minutes. And she's gonna she's doing pretty good. She's up and Adham and he's had uh her visitors come. She's doing good. She's just gonna have to have physical therapy on her leg. But I've been over talking to her this week and one thing I did do, I the caseworker talked to me. She didn't want me to, you know, stay home and mope. But I'd played a little music this week and still got to go to college.
Speaker 23: You know.
Speaker 7: It was nice, well good, but Ingrid is doing better.
Speaker 26: Yes, thanks Jerry Depp, I'll bless you.
Speaker 6: We all we're all thinking and praying for her and uh. In fact, Dave from Dayton said, prayers that Ingrid is okay. I met her and she's a sweet lady.
Speaker 23: Yeah yeah, all right.
Speaker 7: Well that's good. You got a Dick pick for tomorrow. We don't have much.
Speaker 5: Time this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Brown's Bengals, Bengals, Brown's Battle of Ohio.
Speaker 26: Say, i'd say the Bengals are winning overtime twenty seven twenty four.
Speaker 6: Overtime victory twenty seven twenty four. Now, are you gonna call stations in Cleveland and say the Browns are gonna win an overtime Dick?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 26: No, Well do you know me?
Speaker 4: I do know you.
Speaker 6: That's why I asked. All right, listen, say good night, Dick.
Speaker 26: Have hey, thank you Gary Jeff for saying I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 6: All right, good night, Dick, good night, Oh my goodness. And there is no end to this fun this morning, because of course it's Dame time, Dave from Harrison time. You know, Dave from Harrison has a special talent. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that is.
Speaker 27: Crazy.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Dave, I'm crazy for morning.
Speaker 6: How we're doing, I'm doing fantastic. By the way, it was great to see you yesterday. Dave came to the bar yesterday and had some beers and uh visited and it was so nice to see you.
Speaker 7: Hadn't seen you in a while.
Speaker 21: Always good to be seen by you, sir.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what you said. Then. I still don't know how truthful that is, but it really was good to see you.
Speaker 28: It's truthful, it's truthful.
Speaker 7: What do you got for us this morning, Dave?
Speaker 22: Well, if I may piggyback on Lady Lynette's audition, do you ever wonder why there why there aren't any unicorns you know in today's world?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 22: Well, it's because, uh, you know, whether they were sitting on a mountain there sort of watching the arc kind of you know, float away, you know, when it was raining really hard, and one of us over dinner and says, dang, that was today?
Speaker 7: Is that what Is that what happened?
Speaker 22: I'm pretty sure it is. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, uh uh.
Speaker 23: Did the ghost into the bar?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 21: Why did who go into the bar?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Why did the ghost go into the bar?
Speaker 29: Dave?
Speaker 23: They wanted some booze?
Speaker 22: Well you can't when you cross an Eli with Vader.
Speaker 7: This phone call?
Speaker 4: What do you call?
Speaker 20: You?
Speaker 21: Will elevator?
Speaker 6: Okay, hey Dave, Yeah, that is deserving of this.
Speaker 30: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 7: Bill Cunningham is the sound of America. When I listened to Willie, I get all American goosebumk, he oozes the American dream. My toe got infected and was oozing this yellowy puff stuff. But it didn't stop me from listening.
Speaker 5: To Willie Americ.
Speaker 7: I had a tapeworm and still listen to Willie.
Speaker 6: I still listen even with my pro lapsed hemorrhoids.
Speaker 5: Nothing can stop us from listening to Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 10: I am a great American Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 31: Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 7: Beyond the lookout for rare white Bengals.
Speaker 32: There will be on the prowl Sunday, October twenty seventh, when the Philadelphia Eagles come to Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: It's time to wipe out the jungle.
Speaker 14: The challenges on to join the team in pack Paykhorse Stadium with everyone all wearing white for this nationally televised game.
Speaker 32: Don't wait very Lunited tickets remain, Visit Bengals dot com slash tickets and rule the jungle with us. The Bengals Eagles game is presented by Swift Meets.
Speaker 5: There are two types of pain in the world.
Speaker 6: Ordinary pain, the kind of comes and goes, and chronic pain that kind of keeps you from doing all the things.
Speaker 5: You're having a lot. Yeah, dasten to the music.
Speaker 4: Play by the d Jay already.
Speaker 6: And if we were talking radios and it's a Saturday morning about six fifteen or so, you know we're talking to old radio. Rick Washburn with a reception report. Are we five y five today? Are we four by four? Are we three by two and a half? The answer waits good morning Old Radio.
Speaker 21: Rick, Good morning Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 7: Are we doing doing fine? Having a party? Keeping those records playing? Baby?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 21: That's been a while since I heard that one? Nice tune?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah it is. So anyway, how are we coming in on the radio? Dazure?
Speaker 21: Well, I'm going to pretend it's a five by five. The workbench is actually full of a test equipment that I'm aligning this morning. So I'm doing a shout out to Mark down at Park Hills who found this beauty down in this Sun's basement. And one day I hope to touch it. I promise I won't lick it. It is a nineteen thirty.
Speaker 4: I hope to touch it. I won't lick it. What was that?
Speaker 28: Oh?
Speaker 21: The saying that my wife always refers to too, is like you take ownership of it if you lick it. Okay, I don't recommend that kids.
Speaker 7: Anyway, back to what you were saying, we were in a.
Speaker 21: Car dealership once and and there was a sign that said, please don't lick the cars. It's like, okay, you're kidding me. I never heard it before. Now it's pretty obscure thing, I guess.
Speaker 7: But anyway, apparently not if they had to put up a sign please don't lick the cars?
Speaker 21: What what is pretty sure? It was a pretty sure was a joke.
Speaker 6: I've never heard that in my life. If you lick it, you own it, and if you please don't.
Speaker 7: I can just imagine walking into a showroom when there's a big sign that says, please don't lick any of the vehicles.
Speaker 21: Like it was specific to one model oddly.
Speaker 7: Enough, jeez, anyway, on with what you were saying.
Speaker 21: Man, I derailed this one quick, didn't I. It's a It's a nineteen thirty nine General Electric Model HJ twelve five console. This is the toppest of the top of the line models for nineteen thirty nine. It has a it has buttons, it has keys which are like the preset buttons, except they push down like piano keys. And there's there's knobs or sumwheels, and a magic eye tube. It's got the soybean plastics around which if it hasn't warped. And this one's naturally pretty bad shape, but one that has never warped. It'll polishes up beautifully as long as you put on your nose clips, because this is the stuff that smells like rotted milk when you polish it. Oh, and boy does it. And this thing has twelve tubes. It's an AM and two short wave band radios with two loud speakers. It is a paink peeler and a half and it is. It's just bigger than life. But hey, let's go to the catalog show.
Speaker 7: Sure.
Speaker 21: So the first two words in the description of this radio are frequency modulation. Well wait, that's FM. Yes, I didn't mention this being an FM radio. It doesn't have FM. Huh, So I look back at this frequency modulation television audio or phonograph key.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 21: In other words, there's a socket in the back you can plug an adapter into, and a button on the front you can click to connect to whatever you plug into it. I don't think i'd lead with that. It's misleading.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 21: Super beam a scope with front panel control, This is actually kind of cool. Beam a scope is their extremely stupid name for the internal antenna that looks like a gigantic beehive, but the front panel control on almost every high end console. You've got this beehive looking thing. You have to reach around the back to turn it because antennas are directional. This thing's got a knob on the front that turns it for you. Very nice, little pokey, but yeah, very cool. And then you don't have to pull the radio out to adjust it whatever. And then a fourteen inch and six six and a half inch super powered receiver chassis speakers. Fourteen inch speaker is that's impressive for nineteen thirty nine. It's also a bit of an exaggeration by about fullches. But oh well, maybe maybe I had one of those rulers, like the estimators used in the old days of aluminum sided we did kind of a couple inches out.
Speaker 6: Was this speaker going to singles bars and claiming it was fourteen inches when it was really ten?
Speaker 21: I think you nailed it. And okay, so another thing that sounds just ridiculous. I don't know why they don't explain it. But it has a visual lux style. Okay, he's a yawn. No, the visual lux is kind of cool. It's a glass style. Yeah, but each of the letters are sort of etched into the glass, so the Dalites like light up the numbers. It's actually really cool looking, all right, and then it's got some other stuff that doesn't make any sense, and then figured American walnut veneer cabinet with white holly inlays. Okay, I really don't know what a white holly inlay is. I don't see anything that looks like a flower anywhere on it.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean it sounds like a wonderful radio for its time, like you said the top of the line in nineteen thirty nine.
Speaker 7: And I hope you get it.
Speaker 21: Working well if I yeah. And the best part is the price when new. If you click the link to find the price when new, it takes you to a application for a second mortgage. Have a great week asking all that, right, you.
Speaker 6: Have a great weekend, Rick Old Old Radio Rick.
Speaker 7: At gmail dot com. If you'd like to get into.
Speaker 5: Dog it's election time November fifth.
Speaker 18: We exercise all right to vote with us a big or I use to exercise my glups at the gym. It's democracy the way those wing wearin founders in Temple.
Speaker 5: Feed your brain and our trough of election information.
Speaker 18: Listen for the latest selection coverage on seven hundred.
Speaker 29: WL Inexperienced Prosecutors across the country are going soft on prime, leading to chaos, lawlessness, and more violence in our cities.
Speaker 7: They sided with criminals over police.
Speaker 12: Time for two Day to Day brought to you in FID by Reals American Grill on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 16: Man, it's a span with the Bengals head coach Zach Taylor, and lot's been made of the fact that the Bengals haven't won in Cleveland in about seven years, because that's a lot of losses.
Speaker 7: That's why we make a lot out of it.
Speaker 16: Is there any such thing as somebody kind of having your number you mentioned in your press conference, you go back and look at a lot of old tape. What has happened? Have you put your thumb on the reason for this yet?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 33: Really, the first half hasn't gone well for us, you know. So they've they've usually got in control sooner than needed, and so we got to do a better job of that. We're aware of it, and it's unacceptable and we got to find a way to change that.
Speaker 16: This weekend so just more important than usual to get out early and that would might be keep Chubb and check on the ground to a degree, right.
Speaker 33: I mean, they've always done a good job playing good defense, running the football, and we've allowed them to do that, unfortunately on both sides of our ball, So you got to do a better job change in that early.
Speaker 16: A little bit out of order here, But I wanted to ask about last week when it seemed like the offense wasn't entirely on tracked. Were they somewhat out of sync or does all the credit go to the Giants defense?
Speaker 33: I think a little bit of both. I don't think we played as well as we used to playing on offense, and at the same time, I think that is defense that doesn't get enough credit for how well they played together. They got a lot of talent, they got a really good coordinator. So I think it was a little bit of both. It's a good defense, and we did not play up to this team that we usually hold ourselves to.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I guess would you have to watch out for is Miles Garrett here? I guess he has more sacks of Joe Burrow than anybody else. Then again, you're playing him twice a year and he's a lot of trouble. What do you do about that?
Speaker 33: Yeah, he's a good player. You gotta be aware of him. You got to have a good plan for him. He's one of the best players in all the NFL, But again, we want to minimize his opportunities as best we can.
Speaker 16: All right, what else about the Browns do you see as problematic for the Bengals.
Speaker 33: It's a good football team. You know, their record is what the record is. We're going through the same thing, but it's a really dangerous team. They've got a lot of talent over there, good coaches, and they've played winning football before. So again, like I said earlier, we got to do a great job early in the game taking control of the game and being able to dictate the TEMPHO.
Speaker 7: Was that Cooper trade a surprise at all of you.
Speaker 33: I don't think anything's the surprised to me any more in this league. But I think this is time of the year where some of that stuff starts to happen. But again, it's just everything happens for a reason, and we got to get ready for the guys that are there.
Speaker 16: Yeah, all right, off to Cleveland. Listen you the best and we'll talk again in a week. Thanks for your time, Zach Taylor.
Speaker 1: Thanks Mike's weather forecast from news radio seven hundred W l jumble.
Speaker 2: Another chili start, but we do warm up nicely, especially into the afternoon hours, as we'll be right around that seventy degree mark with sunny skies tonight. You're back down into the low forties warmer when you wake up tomorrow, and we actually hit the low seventies for a high on your Sunday. From your weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW Clear.
Speaker 4: And thirty nine.
Speaker 34: Right now, I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at seven o'clock on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: News twenty four hours a day. It was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I'm toasting you.
Speaker 5: Sit honey, we maye through. You'll never care me come bay.
Speaker 35: Got friends were the.
Speaker 5: Whiskey round plan there day.
Speaker 6: I got friends at low places and I am darn proud of them. And the fact let's head east, my friends, out of Hamilton County into Claremont and then to how now Brown County and the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio. And the gang at Brookies on Main Street. Good morning, gang.
Speaker 13: Thank you worry.
Speaker 29: It's call lovely day in Ripley.
Speaker 6: So I understand, uh is buzz with us this morning?
Speaker 29: We have a buzzwise or in attendance?
Speaker 5: Oh you do?
Speaker 4: Hey, buzz?
Speaker 6: So why why did you suggest that we go on the road to Lisa's wayside and you didn't go to Russellville with the rest of the crew.
Speaker 7: What happened there?
Speaker 21: Man, I was there this morning?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, I mean Kamala Harris sent a tape to the Al Smith dinner, but she didn't go. It's not quite the same thing if you're not there when we're.
Speaker 4: Yeah, quite the same thing.
Speaker 7: Buzz.
Speaker 36: Good.
Speaker 7: Well, I was going to suggest if you weren't there, for people just to go up up the hill there on Main Street and knock on your door and perform a welfare check live on the air.
Speaker 6: Just pound on your door. How how would that been received, Doug buzz? If you just if you've just been there in your house sleeping and somebody's pounding on your door at six thirty in the morning making sure you're okay, how would you respond to that.
Speaker 12: I'll be good, you'd be good.
Speaker 4: I'll be good.
Speaker 29: We've done we've done welfare checks around three thirty in the morning several times throughout the years, and he's very receptive.
Speaker 33: He was very receptive.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't think I want to hear anymore. This sounds like some kind of you dime store numbl Yeah, he was.
Speaker 29: Very happy to see people.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, but anyhow, yes, any who.
Speaker 29: Drop any who are clans? Hearts drawing here at Brookies is almost seventy six thousand dollars. Is looking good this coming Wednesday, Come on down. Other than now, we're gonna do little Kara Yoki down here at Brookies tonight and h and I need something to do.
Speaker 7: Come see us all all right, Cherry? What about the What about the weather? Sherry?
Speaker 37: Oh, the weather's in good shape. But we're good for probably another seven days. It's going to be warm and during the day and cool at night.
Speaker 29: But that's good.
Speaker 37: We'll take that for fall, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean, do you dress? Yeah?
Speaker 37: My beaver, my bigger didn't come this morning.
Speaker 29: I didn't see.
Speaker 6: Wait to hold on a second, I thought your beaver went everywhere with you.
Speaker 37: Sherry, Well he hasn't lately, he've been under the weather.
Speaker 7: Oh really, that's that's sad. Have you seen a professional about your Beaver.
Speaker 37: No, unfortunately not but anyway, right for Halloween.
Speaker 7: That reminds me.
Speaker 6: I knew a guy in a small town once who was a veterinarian and a taxidermist. You took your animal and you were going to get him back one way or the other.
Speaker 4: No, good one, you guys.
Speaker 7: You guys have a good weekend, and thanks for checking in.
Speaker 13: All right, bye bye.
Speaker 6: The gang in Ripley Steve Fromentna and a fifty phone call hanging on the line, and we'll be with him in just moments. It's six forty on a Saturday morning at seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 31: You say it, seven hundred w l W Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 29: Down number one for podcasting.
Speaker 31: Seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 7: In the criminal Justice Ken let's go to.
Speaker 21: Sports Kid.
Speaker 12: Riding nine ye on Saturday.
Speaker 7: Even more.
Speaker 6: I'm seven hundred WLW once again, Liam Tomlinson, once you got for me and my friend.
Speaker 17: The Bengals look to get their third win of the season tomorrow against the Browns. They haven't won a game in Cleveland since the Owen sixteen twenty sixteen Browns team say, look to get that fixed. Tomorrow pregame covered begins at nine am kickoff. Is that, for one, you can catch all that action on the home of the Bengals seven hundred WLW and ESPN fifteen thirty. College basketball season is underway. Last night you see beat Ohio State eighty sixty two and Xavier and Dayton face off in a scrimmage tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Well, no, why are you giving me scrimmage results? These games don't count. This is like preseason football. Liam, Are you just that excited about college basketball that you have to give me scrimmage results?
Speaker 17: The people yearn for uce the basketball results get.
Speaker 6: They don't care the world I mean, the World Series hasn't even been played yet. Let's get baseball out of the way before we start college.
Speaker 17: Match beat the Dodgers in The Yankees beat the Guardians last night as well, and some high school football scores are from around the area. Ludlow beats Bishop Brosford, Bishop Brossert and the forty.
Speaker 6: Six Rossert and a bad Barnburner is not an easy thing to say.
Speaker 7: I would use a different maybe uh adjunctive. We're something to describe that.
Speaker 17: One eleven and tops Walnut Hills forty one to six. Lesal beat Harvest Preparatory School twenty eight to fourteen. Newport defeated Bellevue thirty nine to twelve. Dayton falls to Newport Central Catholic in their last home game in that stadium, forty four to eight. Cincinnati Hills Christian dominates North College Hill High School fifty six to seven. Oak Hills edges out Fairfield twenty one to sixteen. Finnytown fell to Madeira twelve to ten. Highlands handled Connor forty two to fourteen. Mount Healthy sixty two, Talawanda forty two. Cole Raine shut out by Hamilton thirty eight to nothing. Wyoming defeat at Indian Hill twenty three to thirteen.
Speaker 6: Bishop Brosser bombarded somebody, or bombastically beat someone, or.
Speaker 7: That's all the same. They've lost.
Speaker 6: You work on your alliteration. Son Steve Fromettna. Coming up next on seven hundred WLWRIT State Cheap Buyers.
Speaker 18: Mike castercy jeep is number one in Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Drop the top at Chestpeake Bay. Baby Moonlight feels right on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 7: It's six forty six win.
Speaker 6: Rich seven hundred WLWR friend, great commentator, and by that I don't mean he's an everyday Russet when I say commentator, our fantastic commentator and the master of the pithyphone calls a news of the week is back at Steve Froment and a good morning Stephen.
Speaker 38: Good morning sir. As we get down to the rubber meeting the road phase in the twenty twenty four election season, it's good to remember the big picture. It is not abortion. Yes, abortion involves killing, but in the whole scheme of things, the survival of our republic does not depend on whether abortion is legal in your state or how many exceptions there are regarding its use. On the other hand, unvetted illegal immigration flooding this country with demands for welfare, education, jobs, housing, and transportation that's for starters in an economy already stretched to the limit, is a nation breaker. If you just consider the cost of policing the professional criminals and terrorists, you realize that democrats who can't sleep at night worried about the legality of abortion have absolutely no freaking idea what is really at stake. Nope, for a century, excuse me, for a century. Now we as by the way, a century it didn't happen overnight. We have seen a war on the individual states and individual citizens by the encroachment of Washington d C. Upon their lives. Washington is winning every battle. If you like that, you vote Democrat. If you sense something is wrong with that, you vote for Donald Trump, realizing the hatred for Trump is based on the fear he might actually do something about the deep state on the Potomac. For those of you who think this is just a recent political phenomenon, let me introduce you to Roscoe. See Philburn, a farmer in Dayton, Ohio, Montgomery County. Roscoe is long gone, but his Supreme Court case in nineteen forty two is well remembered by those who knowed Franklin del No Roosevelt's successful attempt to change the US Constitution via the creeping Deep State. Roscoe had the temerity to challenge a nineteen thirty eight New Deal law that told him how much wheat he could grow, beyond which he would have to pay a penalty. The bureaucrats believed that there was just two dug gun much supply of a lot of stuff around, particularly grains and farm animals that depressed prices, so the brain Trust set out to raise prices. After all, it was a depression, which means steve flation, not inflation. Try to follow this bottom line. Overproduction was a crime. Roscoe raised twenty three acres of wheat, none of which was intended for interstate commerce, and all of which he consumed or fed to his livestock. But the quota that was given to him by the government was eleven acres. In what universe is this interstate commerce and hence liable to federal government regulation?
Speaker 23: I ask?
Speaker 38: The Supreme Court held that congressional authority to regulate interstate commerce was even extended to a farmer only growing grain that would never leave his farm. Our lemonade stands next. Justice Robert Jackson said that even though the active he was local, it exerts an economic effect on interstate commerce. Farm term applies bull feces. If you think Judge Jackson's take is hard to follow, you are smart.
Speaker 4: He is not.
Speaker 38: That ruling was precedent for the next fifty years, when the government won every commerce clause case that came up. Tip O'Neill used to say all politics is local. He was wrong. People just think it is. Think immigration, for instance. It may be local, but it's local everywhere. The latest episode in the Democrat docu dirt trashing Trump was Tommie Harris acknowledging this week that she thinks Trump will deport all non white people if elected. For those of you who have any freaking knowledge of history, this is humorous because it comes from the standard bearer of the party that supported slavery, put Japanese Americans in internment camps, and forcibly relocated Italian Americans in World War iiO. Thank you Democrats. Wow, it's all fascinating because Donald Trump has never written off blacks or Hispanics at his quest for the White House in any of his three elections. To the contrary, he has made deep in roads into those formerly leftist strongholds Democrats always assumed they owned. It is a basic tactic of Marxist ideology to divide society into economic classes, races, and subgroups and have them fight it out, leaving a pile of rubble the communist elites can then take over. Communism has never heralded the rights of the individual, but Donald Trump seems only individuals. He doesn't see classes, and he doesn't see colors. And those who think and operate that way are Marxists and racists and Democrats, c r T, who is the target of CRT and who plays this game Trump? Doesn't you know? I want a quick anecdote here on the weak case. At about that time, actually ten years before, my grandfather was farming up in Mercer County, which is about one hundred miles north of Cincinnati, and he traditionally every Thanksgiving with slaughters, you know, hogs, and he'd dress the stuff and take it over to the county home where he once worked and they'd have a nice, nice Thanksgiving dinner. Well, this year, the guys from Washington, DC showed up during the Rosefelt administration, and as Andy was doing his thing with the hogs, they came over and said a farmer, Andy, Yes, what are you doing? And he explained what he was doing. They said, oh no, no, no no no no no no no no no, no, you don't do that. You're going to shoot them. You're going to bury them in a pit and cover the pit. And being a sensible man, he said, but this is something I do every Thanksgiving and that's nice for the inmates over there, and it would be a waste if I did that. And the government guy said, do it that, ladies, and gentlemen, is all you need to know, except.
Speaker 17: For those.
Speaker 38: All those Democrats, those sheep be socialists who thought that Tommy Harris was awesome in that Bred Bear interview. And you can't understand why. No, they like abortions and it was an abortion. Hey, take care of yourself, Gary, Jeff, better days are coming.
Speaker 6: I believe that. I have to believe that. Ray and lovelin real quick, my brother, how are you?
Speaker 24: Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 26: Steve is just a gift that keeps on giving.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I you know so much to unpacked there.
Speaker 39: But you know, I find it ironic that Donald Trump is called a racist and Nelson Mandela, when he was released from prison, wanted to come to New York City, come to the United States. Donald Trump, little known fact and not aunties about, sent his plane to South Africa to bring Mandela to New York. Don't hear that on the newsnight, doy.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump's not a racist. He is just a threat to the deep state and exactly what Steve was talking about. And that's why they hate him so much. By the way, it was interesting to see Chuck Schumer yucking it up with Donald Trump at the Al Smith dinner. Apparently He's not Hitler after all, no matter what Chuck Schumer and the Democrats have been saying for the last eight years. Thanks Ray, appreciate the phone call. We got to break. Steve Shulte coming up on the other side at seven o'clock on the Saturday morning edition on seven hundred WLW Rocky, here are you ready for.
Speaker 2: Your nexes in the upper thirties, But we warmed to ride around seventy for a high with sunny skies your entire weekend. We'll stay above average or Sunday sunny temperatures in the low seventies. From you CIPR Weather Station. I'm nine first warning metrologist Cameron Hart on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 34: Son's going to be trying to come up here soon thirty eight degrees right now at seven oh six, I'm Sandy Collins. Next update, seven thirty News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: News twenty four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred WLW. Jeff Weilerhonda dot Com.
Speaker 6: Into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, October nineteenth, twenty twenty four, Gary, Jeff Walker, Nick and Forest Park has just been chopping at the bit to get on the air for like an hour to talk about UC sports. I don't know what this entails or anything else, but Nick, finally the floor is yours real quickly. I've got to get to Steve Shulty, But tell me what's on your mind. Hello, Okay, So he's just listening to the radio, which is what I would encourage you to continue to do, Nick, instead of calling It's time now for our environmental segment with an environmental engineer, Steve Shilty. Is a wonderful world.
Speaker 4: I see tree so green, red.
Speaker 5: Roses too, I see them blue.
Speaker 9: And I think to myself, what a wonderful indeed.
Speaker 7: I love trees of green. I love red roses. I love skies of blue.
Speaker 6: We're all for that, just not some of the nonsense and indoctrination that we're being fed on an almost daily basis by people say that man made climate change is killing the planet and killing us all, and we must repent or pay a lot of money one way or the other. Steve Shulty, good morning. We have a re start on three mile and three Mile Island.
Speaker 4: That that famous actually just a couple.
Speaker 24: Of several weeks ago, Gary Jeff and Reason dot Com. Uh September twentieth article headline, the owner of the Three Mile Island is turning the nuclear power plant back on the fuel Microsoft's AI yes Artificial intelligence operations. Then the sub badline says in the score in the latest scrimmish between the future and its enemies, the future one so Constellation Energy Corporation, the owner of Three Mile Island. It plans to turn it back on because Microsoft has agreed to purchase one hundred percent of the plant output for the next twenty years to feed its power hungry AI operations. Uh Constellation closed one of the reactors back in two thousand and nine teen, but microsoft surging demand for power, combined with the tax breaks that you and I are go to be paying for from the twenty twenty.
Speaker 25: Two Inflation Reduction Act fiasco, has encouraged the company to put up one point six billion that's billion with a B needed to.
Speaker 24: Turn it back on. And what's interesting, what kind of what I'm bringing this up is it's rated capacity is about eight hundred megawatts, So how big is that? That's enough power to electrify six hundred and fifty nine thousand average homes of the United States, six hundred and fifty nine thousand. But when it comes to rated capacity, what you know when you look at nuclear gas or coal, rated compasiti says what it both can and will generate when you need it. Unfortunately, for so called green energy sources like solar and windmills, the rate.
Speaker 25: Of capacity says.
Speaker 24: That what it can generate under ideal conditions, but not what it will generate when you need it, which reminded me. Several years ago I attended the International Conference on Climate Change put on by the Heartland Institute. I think it was the one in Las Vegas, I recall, and two scientists from Germany gave a presentation of all the green energy follies of Germany up to that time. And one of the things that stuck stuck with mc gary differ from that presentation was the year before in Germany the windmills only generated seven percent of their rated capacity. So this is what happens when we put all our eggs in the baskets of so called renewables.
Speaker 4: It's power, it's not there.
Speaker 7: It's just not there.
Speaker 6: Like EV's it's just not there as a solution for everyone to drive an EV. The technology's fine, I mean, you can have that as just something extra. You can have wind turbines if you want, as an extra source to back up, you know, in case other power grids go down. You can have solar panels if you want to as a backup. They'll never be the main thing, not in the way that they're envisioned and engineered today. And that's what people need to understand, so they they soundly reject this male bulvine fecal samples that were being fed on a regular days basis.
Speaker 7: So anyway, what else you got real quick?
Speaker 24: I would like to do this, Garrit just probably been six months. When you deal with environmental issues, you know, it's always concentration comes up about so many parts per billion of this, a parts per million of that or whatever.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 24: WHI should be a concern now, I like to give people an idea how small these things are, Not that that means we shouldn't be concerned, but how small part per million, very commonly used is one second in about eleven and a half days, okay, apart per billion, per billion, one second in thirty two years.
Speaker 7: Apart per trillion, one.
Speaker 24: Second in thirty two thousand years. And we are now getting I've seen articles already where it's parts per quadrillion one second in thirty two million years.
Speaker 6: So how is that impactful on our environment? I don't think it is.
Speaker 24: It's not impactful. It's just what I see a lot of the environmental armists do is they'll let's say, they'll say, oh, there's a thousand parts per billion of this chemical in the water, and people will go, oh my god, a thousand, a thousand, Oh my god. Well it could have said one part per million. Yeah, what number is more scary? That's how and that's what goes on out there a lot of times when I.
Speaker 20: Look at these articles, it's the oldest.
Speaker 24: That they'll use parts per billion, parts per trillion when they could have used parts per million, just because the big number scares people. They don't understand what the part per million.
Speaker 7: It's the old environmental bait and switch.
Speaker 6: Steve, thanks a lot, appreciate the phone call as always, and the truth for a change in media. Seven thirteen.
Speaker 10: Get ready for a big twelve pad pounder with the four and two football bear Cats take on the five and one Sun Devil. Oh my goodness, it'll be a hard hitting conference class. When you see and Arizona State get down to business coverage starts today eleven on seven hundred w WELW and seven hundred wlw's live stream on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Babsar us.
Speaker 31: We're terrible roofers, we sting at installing sighting, and don't ever call us for your kitchen remodel. But if you want a stunning the Coffee Shop.
Speaker 5: Radio goes commercial free every weekend.
Speaker 40: Open the free iHeartRadio app, search Coffee Shop Radio and listen now hard radio free never sounded so good.
Speaker 4: Time.
Speaker 6: Now for the Tom Davis Diaries, I refer to the messine with wild wacky stories from around the country and around the world world. Here is the aforementioned newscaster, Tom Davis.
Speaker 41: Good Morning Gary, Jeff. This week hero Teacher takes matters.
Speaker 7: Into her own hands.
Speaker 41: But first, some guy got arrested for entering his neighbors' homes to smell their shoes. There was already a restraining order in place for Theodora Awa Bowless, ordering him to stay away from his neighbors, but that didn't stop him from entering multiple residences and smelling all of their shoes. He was caught in the act multiple times before police caught up to him. Neighbors say they're sleeping much better at night now that the shoe sniffer is behind bars. I guess there's a cactus band In Germany, the mayor of a small town there outlawed having a cactus plant in municipal buildings. After somebody injured himself with one of the plants. The mary issued a directive for the immediate removal of all cacti from public spaces, emphasizing the importance of safeguarding the health of employees and children. Small government advocates around the world are using the event to look around and say, see, I told you they're crazy.
Speaker 7: Speaking of crazy, a.
Speaker 41: High school in Orange County, California is making students scan QR codes in order to leave class Edison High School wants to track students for their own safety.
Speaker 4: Some students have.
Speaker 41: Started a petition to remove the QR code system, which has a seven minute limit before marking you absent. The kids say they simply need more time to get their business done in the bathroom. And finally, a teacher in Austin, Texas is more than likely going to lose her license after she got fed up with the students.
Speaker 7: Tied them up and duct taped their mouth shut.
Speaker 41: She was placed on leave after parents were notified of the incident. She says the kids were simply talking too much and wouldn't listen to her request to settle down.
Speaker 7: You know, not only should this woman not.
Speaker 41: Be fired, she should be hoisted onto the shoulders of her fellow staff members and paraded down the halls as a hero, and her particular program of discipline should be spread.
Speaker 7: Throughout the country. Howellujah.
Speaker 41: Next week, science confirms music sounds better when you're high, explaining both the sixth and the seventies at the same time.
Speaker 7: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 10: Overheard at the latest Scott Sloane Fan Club meeting.
Speaker 42: Item number one the Scott Sloane Fan Club action figure, Helen.
Speaker 7: That's your project? Why don't you fill us in?
Speaker 4: I have a mock up of the action figure.
Speaker 7: I think it shows off the brained humor and compassion we all love about Sloaney. Hold on a sick Why is he wearing a speedo?
Speaker 4: Well, how do we know he isn't wearing his speedo during his show?
Speaker 7: I think he probably does.
Speaker 5: I think so too.
Speaker 10: Scott's Loan Monday Morning at nine and catch his podcast on the free iHeartRadio ad Men, if your.
Speaker 12: Pass is the Bengals Update trot to you in part by your Tri State Chevrolet Dealers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon on seven hundred Wow, home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 7: Hi, Tony Pike? How you doing, sir?
Speaker 23: I'm doing?
Speaker 7: How are you? I'm pretty good.
Speaker 16: This could happen in any sport where you bring a guy in and you're overpaying him and it doesn't pay out or play out, but you got to pay it. You have to play him because you're paying him what you are. It can't happen. But can you think of a situation as bad as a situation with DeShawn Watson.
Speaker 7: I really can't.
Speaker 20: And the longer it goes, the worse it gets for the team. Right there, there's no Miles Garrett, who is an All Pro player, is playing injured, and I can't imagine what he's thinking, playing injured and still feeling like he probably has no chance to win because of how bad the offense has been under Deshaun Watson. It's bad enough to play him. I just can't imagine what it does to the locker room because the message you're sending in Cleveland is not that you're doing everything you can to try to win. It's well, we're doing everything we can to try to win with Deshaun Watson. And I just at that point, you don't have a locker room. The offense, they don't buy into Deshaun Watson, the defense doesn't buy in. It's got to be a terrible culture right now in Cleveland.
Speaker 16: Nobody gets sacked quite like DeShawn Watson. I mean, he far and away is the leader in holding under the ball too long. I guess it's a matter of indecision to camp be his eyesight. Has the line been protecting him largely?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I think it's more just he doesn't have an understanding of what the protections are with what the route concept are. I just, I honestly feel like it's a guy that's made all his money, he's got to guaranteed, and there's not anything that's going to push him to want to work harder at this point.
Speaker 23: He's kind of.
Speaker 20: Good with where he's at and with that it it shows a quarterback that just looks lost, that looks confused every time he drops back to throw the ball.
Speaker 16: All right, how about the Bengals versus the Browns defense. So I've seen some comparisons to the Giants from last week. How do they stack up? Yeah, it's going to be a little bit of the same.
Speaker 20: Dan Pitcher, the offensive coordinator, talked about the levels.
Speaker 7: He said, I don't know.
Speaker 20: If we'll play another team that has the type of player at each level of their defense that the Cleveland Browns has. And that's really what caused problems against the Giants. They recanvick up front and Cleveland can certainly do that. So while I don't concern myself much with the Cleveland offense, they do get Nick Chubb back, it's the defense of Cleveland that if this game is close, does have the ability to keep it close. And you've got a guy on Miles Garrett that if you don't account for on every single rep, he can literally change the game with a stripsack or a fumble and a scoop and score or something like that. So they had star power on defense that you had to account for. The problem with the defense is they know the offense isn't scoring and it's very hard to stay is motivated that way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I was wonder.
Speaker 16: Last couple of Bengals games, especially up there in the fourth quarter, it just seemed like the body language of the Bengals was less like here we go again, like almost admitting they have our numbers that possible.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they talked about it this week. They've they've lost seven straight trips on the road at Cleveland, and yeah, in those seven trips, it's not like Cleveland's been the better team every trip. So it is a little bit of a mental hurdle. I like that Doc Taylor talked about it this week. I like that Joe Burrow talked about it this week and say, yeah, we do need to get over this hurdle and we do need to move on. So it's a talking point. But it's also one game, and this team has dug themselves a hole and now they need to work to get out of that hole.
Speaker 7: And this is the next.
Speaker 20: Opportunity to do that before you come back home to Cincinnati with two winnable games.
Speaker 7: You no doubt all right, got it? Imagine being Cincinnati's famous quarterback and having a massive problem. You line up for this.
Speaker 2: The forecast not as chilly out there this morning, but you'll still have several places in the upper thirties, but we warmed to ride around seventy for a high with sunny skies. Your entire weekend will stay above average or Sunday sunny temperatures in the low seventies. From youse of your weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLWS.
Speaker 34: Guys are clear thirty eight degrees right now. News a service of one hour, heating and air conditioning and carry automotive dot com.
Speaker 7: I'm Sandy Collins.
Speaker 34: Next update at eight thirty News Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 1: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW. Mercedes Beenzeford Mitchell dot Com.
Speaker 6: Into another hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, October the nineteenth, twenty twenty four, Gary, Jeff Walker and you together again on a Saturday morning. It's at eight oh six and week before we get to science, Mike, we have a quick update.
Speaker 12: Friday Night Looks on Saturday morning.
Speaker 7: Friday Night Lights on Saturday morning, and Ken has a special shout out salutes Ken, Good morning.
Speaker 36: Borning.
Speaker 4: Ken. What do you got for us?
Speaker 27: Well, I'm a local flyers. They're in Mercer County, Ohio. I'm a graduate of that school. Last night, they won their fifty seventh game in a row, which tie is the state record for all time wins in a row, and they will be going for the record next week against their arch rival col Water, who's also from Mercer County, and both teams will be entering the game at nine to zero. That's not only for the conference championship, but both teams have great records and they usually advanced very far in the state playoffs. In fact, Marion as the all time record or state title in the state at fourteen and they've all come under the same coach, Tim Goodwin, and he's been a coach there since nineteen ninety nine. So they've won this state fourteen times since nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 23: So you guys have.
Speaker 27: A good listening base in Mercer County. Just wanted to give that shout out.
Speaker 6: Well, great congratulations. So now, how many state titles has Mercer won.
Speaker 24: As the county itself?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, so your Tom Marion is going for their fifty seventh straight.
Speaker 5: Well, they wonted last night.
Speaker 20: Maryon Local, it's maryon.
Speaker 27: Local in Mercer County.
Speaker 7: It's not Mariyon Ohio.
Speaker 24: There west Central Ohio.
Speaker 33: Between Linemen and Dayton.
Speaker 27: The league itself is made up of nine teams.
Speaker 36: Eight of the teams in.
Speaker 27: That league have won state titles, most of them all titles. In fact, there's been two years or there's been three state championships out of that same league because they have different divisions, and so it is facebook and rated. Is the top mall school league in the entire country.
Speaker 6: Well, Ken, I'm glad that your alma mater is doing so well and continues to just dominate the way they have. And apparently the number one crop in Mercer County is high school football players. You grow them well, Thank you, sir, and congratulations. And with that, we have a science minute ahead with mister science Mike standing.
Speaker 36: By, yes as a night of scientists surprising of the now.
Speaker 6: Blinding me with how about that, Michael, fifty seven wins in a row from Mary.
Speaker 28: And get the Burghers and the hot dogs next week, getting all the buds out. They're gonna have a lot of people there just west of Barmstrong Air and Space Museum Mercer is how about that?
Speaker 6: Ah, now, Liam, Liam Tomlinson, my second hand man here today also known as the first or the second gentleman.
Speaker 7: Oh on time. By the way, on time.
Speaker 6: Liam does the play by play for the Danville Admirals in Danville, Kentucky. Liam, if you can tell me how many games the Admirals have lost consecutively.
Speaker 17: The Admirals are, that is, nineteen games in a row they have lost consecutively. They have one since twenty twenty two. And the crazy thing is they have like eleven state titles. Is the program They're not a relevant program. What happened to all the good players? They all went to Boyle County or other local schools and that's why Boyl County is the best team in the state probably right now.
Speaker 6: All right, So see, there are the two sides of the high school football coin. On one hand, you have to get Marion Local winning fifty seven straight games and on their way to perhaps another state championship. And then you have Danville, Kentucky and the sorrow the pitiful Admirals, losers of your Well, you're going to.
Speaker 28: Have to offer something, some type of a compensation to come back to your team there, like nil compensation or give them do commercials for the Commany or company down there or something.
Speaker 6: You know, Yeah, I mean something has to be done. This is this is this is a grievance that must be redressed. All right, what have you got for us this morning?
Speaker 7: Michael, I just.
Speaker 28: Want to tell Radio Rick, if I ever buy a boat, I would call it if you like, if you lick it and you own it, I'm gonna put it on the back of the boat.
Speaker 4: That's the most ridiculous thing in the world.
Speaker 28: Hunter and heck uh, let's piggyback on Steve Shulty's segment at seven o'clock talk about the Microsoft merger with consent Lation Energy for the Three Mile Island twenty year agreement. So they're going to the funny thing about it's only going to open up the unit one of this Free mile on Unit two is the one that had the nuclear issue in seventy nine. But funny thing about it, this is a this is a great idea actually because the neat thing about the Three Mile Island they still have their license is active from twenty nineteen when they shut down, and they still have the fuel, so they don't have to go through this whole process of getting a new license or getting all the new fuel rods. They're just they're stored on site and the globally this is amazing. By twenty forty, globally, our uranium demand will need one hundred thousand metric tons per year of double our current needs. So we're going to have to start mining some heavy uranium, moving and moving into the future. But financially, this plant, this plant will will provide sixteen billion dollars this to Pennsylvania GDP and three billion in state and federal taxes once they get it online.
Speaker 7: And was it twenty twenty.
Speaker 28: Is that what they said?
Speaker 21: I can't remember.
Speaker 28: And the Constellation is only going to spend one point six billion and bringing in it up to U you know, checking out all the turbines and everything like that. So this is a I'm just wondering if we can just just tear down Paul Brown Stadium and put up our own nuclear reactor because this sounds like quite quite a money making venture.
Speaker 7: Well, no, and and the clean energy yep.
Speaker 28: But the other thing that Microsoft did, Gary Jeffs. They also went an agreement with the company in Washington State called Hellion for a fusion power that was supposed to be online in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 7: That's news to me.
Speaker 28: I didn't know we were that close to getting fusion power online in four years.
Speaker 21: I thought we were years away from this.
Speaker 6: Well, we'll have to we'll have to just wait and see what We'll have to wait and see what happens.
Speaker 7: Just like President. Maybe we'll be on the radio then, Jeff.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe maybe AI will have taken over this and I won't have any kind of.
Speaker 7: Job at all. All right, I'm depressed now. Thanks, have a great Saturday. You two eight thirteen at seven hundred w l.
Speaker 12: WAT stuff Battle of Ohio, fresh off their primetime victory over the Giants, shut for.
Speaker 4: The Poom Touchdown.
Speaker 12: Joe Burrow and his Spanles roaring to Cleveland to take down the Price sachs AFC North Showdown Touchdown. The Orange and Black are ready to attack.
Speaker 4: Tam Hummer, tackle the Keg, the n Done.
Speaker 12: And hoard Indeed leven bring you the call coverage Dutch Tomorrow morning at nine seven hundred w l W the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 6: Hey, gorgeous weekend for you. See homecoming Sat. Today, Sunshine pleasant. The parade is already underway, the noon kickoff which you'll hear all the action here. Sonny in sixty two seventy two for our high temp this afternoon, Tomorrow about the same, and Monday all the way up to seventy six.
Speaker 7: For a high men.
Speaker 14: If you're suffering from a rectile dysfunction or PE, Proactive Men's Medical Center will get your sex life back in just one visit. They're painless. Breakthrough medical treatments eliminate ED and PE. Here's a specialist in men's health.
Speaker 42: I'm doctor Somemoootz have viagra or cialis let you down. Proactive Men's Medical Center offers the most effective treatments that eliminate ED and PE, with men lasting longer than ever. Ninety eight percent of patients see instant results on their first visit.
Speaker 14: Proactive Men's Medical Centers breakthrough treatments will restore your sex life regardless of age or medical history. Your consultation and first treatment are free, plus you'll see instant results in the office, plus qualified payations. We'll have their testosterone checked free. Call five one three eight six six forty eight eighty six five one three eight six six forty eight eighty six to regain your sex life in just one visit, call now five to one three eight six six forty eight eighty six.
Speaker 40: The free iHeartRadio app has over one hundred original stations waiting for you to explore right now like Coffee Shop Radio.
Speaker 35: Go so amazing, cons Cavern Kids, Chevin.
Speaker 7: Come, let's go, and let's go to Brother Rick Green from Spirit Works Cincinnati with today's Word of God Moment of Truth, Liam, could you thank you? Jeez? It was loud Rick.
Speaker 4: How are you doing, buddy?
Speaker 23: Good morning, Gary Death.
Speaker 43: I'm having an awesome Saturday. Beautiful Sonny. I just got down praying for you and your listeners, and.
Speaker 7: My fear is very high today.
Speaker 6: Good Well, what have you got for us today? From God's Word of Truth?
Speaker 43: Were coming from Matthew ten, chapter twenty two. It said, and ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake, but he that endorsed to the end shall be saved.
Speaker 23: Amen.
Speaker 7: You know, I see a lot of parallels.
Speaker 6: When people don't exhibit the kind of behavior that the world demands, then those people are many times castigated and hated just because they shine a light on how wicked the world is. And the world can't stand darkness, cannot stand the light, Rick, And it happens over and over again.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah me.
Speaker 23: You know, Gary, this world system. It's point and it's polluted, and I don't understand why people don't accept the truth of that. It is what it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but again you will be hated for my name's sake. In other words, he's saying that if you espouse the teachings and show praise for Jesus Christ, then the world will oute you expect the world.
Speaker 4: Dad at you.
Speaker 6: But that's all right because ultimately we know who wins in that battle.
Speaker 23: Hey man, you're right, Gary. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go have wrong, but you're absolutely right, Gary. Because I get some push back on my page sometime. I never asked somebody to join my page. It's always gonna be about Jesus. So you're in trouble, Well.
Speaker 7: It's good trouble to be in. Brother. I'm glad I'm in trouble with you.
Speaker 23: Thank God. I'm glad I'm in trouble with you too, and I will be seeing you, thank you shortly.
Speaker 7: All right. We got another butt God podcast coming up later on this morning, which you can hear on Rick Green's YouTube channel, and it's Rick ri C K G R E E N E. If you want to find the butt God podcast A.
Speaker 10: Breaking back this morning at nine, Mike Allen Rands raves and then calms down with a virgin.
Speaker 7: Floyd nine yes.
Speaker 17: On Saturday morning, Dixie Heights defeated Scott forty eight to fourteen. Saint Francis de Sales Tops Northwest thirty eight to six. Deer Park edges out Marymont eighteen to thirteen. Anderson beat Wynton Woods thirty one to seventeen. McNicholas shutout Carol fifty nine to nothing. Turpinfell to Kings twenty seven to seventeen. Princeton defeated Middletown thirteen to seven. Sycamore fell to Mason twenty nine to seven. Ross beat Monroe twenty four to thirteen. Bishop Watterson dominated Harrison fifty one to fourteen. Lakota West Bad's forty two to twenty four. Simon Kenton beat Campbell County forty eight to twenty nine. Milford handled Little Miami forty two to seven. West Claremont edge Loveland twenty one to seventeen. Wilmington defeated New Richmond forty nine to nineteen.
Speaker 44: Sarah Spain for iHeart Women's Sports presented by Elf Beauty with their Backs against the Wall, and elimination, staring them down. The Minnesota Links were victorious in Game four of the WNBA Finals Friday night, defeating the New York Liberty eighty two to eighty to four. S of the sights of Game five on Sunday, the game came down to the charity strife, with Links forward Bridgick Carlton hitting a paraphree throws with two seconds left to win it for Minnesota and deny the Liberty their first title. For more women's sports stories, subscribed a Good Game of Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 6: Eighty four percent of sports fans are into women's sports, but they only get fifteen percent of the media coverage.
Speaker 5: It doesn't add up. From news radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 2: John Well, another warm one this afternoon is temperas jump up into the seventy degree range as we see mostly sunny skies yet again. Tonight we drop down in the low forties, but load a mid seventies going forward. We'll stay that way until at least Wednesday. For me s of your weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harton on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 34: Sunny right now thirty nine degrees in Cincinnati. Our next update coming up at nine o'clock. I'm Sandy Collins on news radio seven hundred WLWRA.
Speaker 1: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW Good Morning Kids.
Speaker 6: Time for gifts from Wally. A duck walks into a pub. The bartender, astounded, says, uh, hello, and the duck says, yeah, buddy, I'd like a Budweiser and a ham sandwich.
Speaker 7: He said, But you're a duck. He said, well, your eyes are working and you can talk. Your ears are working too. Fine, give me a Budweiser and a ham sandwich please. The duck sits up in the bar.
Speaker 6: The bartender, stun brings the duck a Budweiser and a ham sandwich. The duck pays him, and the bartender says, so, what are you doing around here anyway? The duck says that construction site across the street. I'm doing some dry wall for him. Oh okay. Duck pulls out his newspaper and starts reading, ignoring the bartender.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 6: The same thing goes on for a couple of weeks, and then one day into the pub comes the ring master of a traveling circus that is in town for the weekend. The bartender says, oh, you're the ring master of the circus said, yeah, you wouldn't believe I got the best act for you. I got a duck that comes in here.
Speaker 7: A duck.
Speaker 6: He talks, He drinks Budweiser, eats ham sandwiches, reads the newspaper. It'd be a great act for your circus. People would never get over it. Ringmaster says, fine, give him my number.
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 6: Next day, the duck comes into the pub and the bartender says, I got a fantastic job opportunity for you, great pay travel.
Speaker 7: Oh what is it? The circuits. They're in town. The circus.
Speaker 6: You mean where the animals live in cages. Yeah, the circus and people live in caravans and they have a big tent with a big hole in the top. Yeah, the circus is in town. They'd love to hire you, he said, with canvas walls on the side of the tent. He said, yes, the circus, the circus, the circus, and the duck says, what the heck would the circus want?
Speaker 31: With the drywallers seven hundred WLW Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 7: Men, if you're suffering from a.
Speaker 9: I'm Shanola Hampton and I support the Feeding America network of food banks because they help provide over six billion meals to people in need each year.
Speaker 5: Learn more at Feeding America dot org. S Baudi, I'm Aaron Tippett.
Speaker 15: I've been blessed to be able to make living at what I love making music for more than twenty five years.
Speaker 5: But it didn't get there overnight.
Speaker 15: There were a lot of long days and nights of work and just to make ends meat. Good things in life don't always come easy, but when you sweat for what you want, it makes it even sweeter when you get it. So remember to work hard and when the opportunities present themselves, you got to be ready to grab them. This message is brought to you by the United States Air Force.
Speaker 45: This is the sound of E coli splashing around in raw hamburger juice on your cutting board and it looks like Mom, just put the tomatoes and onions on there too.
Speaker 5: Don't let ekoli mashas and food.
Speaker 45: An estimated three thousand Americans die from a food borne illness each year, so always separate raw meat from vegetables on two cutting boards.
Speaker 5: Keep your family sick at food simfety dot com. Brought to you by the USDA HTTs and the Act Council.
Speaker 7: If you add.
Speaker 5: One shot, one opportunity you ever wanted in one moment.
Speaker 7: One moment did you capture would you let it slip over?
Speaker 39: One?
Speaker 6: Michael Mathers celebrating your birthday earlier this week.
Speaker 9: Little.
Speaker 6: And actually we can make it Eminem and m for Mo because he's here now, Hey Mo, what's up? You are preparing for? You see homecoming Saturday? In fact, it's going on as we speak. The parade kicked off at eight o'clock. That was kind of chilly. How are things on campus in Clifton beautiful?
Speaker 3: We have a beautiful morning here for homecoming, a noon kickoff at Nippert Stadium. The people who manufacture the weather have done us a favor. We're going to have seventy degree temperatures. It's sunny out, It's gorgeous and a pretty good football game. Arizona State was picked to finish in last place in the Big Twelve, yet they're five and one. Cincinnati was picked to finish fourteenth. Yet the Bearcats, after what we call a gutty gritty win on the road against UCF for four and two, should be a good game today.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, tell me about Arizona State what I don't know and what we should know about Arizona State, because you know, usually homecoming games you want to get a team that you're pretty confident you can pound into the ground here. But this is not going to be an easy task necessarily, as you mentioned.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: And one of the most fun to watch players in all the college football is going to be at Knippert Stadium today. Cam's Katibo, who is a running back who is averaging close to six yards per carry. He is an absolute load. I think we talk about it every single week. Every single week it feels like there's a running back the Bearcats are going to have to figure out.
Speaker 4: A way to stop.
Speaker 3: Weeks ago, it was Taj Brooks at Texas Tech. Cincinnati could not stop him. Last week it was RJ. Harvey, who I kind of felt like UCF got away from. But the Bearcats did a pretty good job. And he is maybe going to have to carry a little bit larger of a load than usual because Arizona State is playing without their starting quarterback Sam Levitt, so they're turning to Jeff Simms astut. College football followers will recognize that name because he played at Georgia Tech. He played briefly at Nebraska, so he has experienced, but he is a downgrade from what Arizona State has. I think from a UC perspective, what I'm looking forward to watching today is, you know, this is an offense that has been pretty good this year, but it wasn't so good last week against UCF And I thought Brendan Sorosby, the quarterback, played pretty unevenly in the first half. He really didn't look comfortable. Does that continue today or do we see more of the offense that we saw the week prior when they scored forty one points against Texas Tech and two weeks prior to that when they scored thirty four against Houston.
Speaker 6: It has in a wild college football season so far, no one. I mean, there are teams that you look at and you go, yeah, they're they're in. They're in the playoff for sure, they're in the twelve team playoff. They've got a chance to win the national championship. But no one has really asserted their total dominance over the game as we've seen in past seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's some validity to that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I think Texas would challenge that a little bit, going on the road and winning against Michigan and doing so by you know, more than two touchdowns. Hammering Oklahoma the way they did, I think right now they look like the clear cut number one team in the country. But as a general rule, I agree with you, and I think what's I think two things are in play here.
Speaker 4: Number One, more teams.
Speaker 3: Have access to the national championship, so we have a twelve team playoff, which means that as we talk this morning here in mid to late October, you probably have I don't know, thirty to thirty five teams that this morning feel like, well, we've at least got a chance to make the postseason. I think that's awesome. I also think NIL has created parody, which is awesome. Which is great, right. I think you know, in years past, as much as people have talked about, well, this is just going to further the gap between the haves and have nots in college football. Honestly, that gap was already extraordinarily wide.
Speaker 4: I think it's closed it a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think, you know what, if you can come up with ways to pay for talent that might not ordinarily jump to a place like let's say you See or Arizona State, you can also the freedom of movement. Now you have players who go and there's a lot of people who don't like this, but you'll have players who are starting caliber players who say, well, wait a minute, I'm not going to back up.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to back up here.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go to this school that I ordinarily wouldn't go to because I could play immediately, I can transfer without penalty, and I can get paid. And so as much as I hear people up in arms about the state of college athletics in college football, I think, at least in this sport, it's it's really the season has been extraordinarily entertaining. We get great games every single week, and I think more fans and more schools feel like their team has access to the part of the season that matters most, which is the competition for the national championship.
Speaker 6: I would just advise you mode to slow down. At Texas Train, they still have to play Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: Fair and right.
Speaker 3: You know what, good good for Vanderbilt for you know, we talked about it last week. Is there a letdown after what they did against Alabama? And the answer last week was no, So good for them. That's sometimes a really hard game to play, right, you know, you got to recollect yourself after that victory and go play a team with a good defense, and Vanderbilt did last week.
Speaker 6: Good for the Commodores. I want to see Vandy beat I want to see him run the table. I want to see him beat Tennessee because if you had ever lived like I did in Middle Tennessee, the Vandy go vals contingent is very very I mean it's usually very lopsided. And I would just like to see Smokey run out of there with this tail between his legs. I'm looking forward to that. You see, basketball had a scrimmage last night.
Speaker 7: Xavier and Dayton are doing It's it's just too damned.
Speaker 6: Early, mo I mean, Liam was all excited about scrimmages from colleges and I'm going they're still playing baseball.
Speaker 7: Come on, slow down a minute.
Speaker 4: It's never too early for college basketball.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 7: I know, I knew you.
Speaker 6: I knew you would say that. I knew you would have that vibe. But I just it's just too darn early, man.
Speaker 4: Or season starts earlier and earlier, isn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm I talked about this with se Shawn and west Miller over the last couple of weeks. I'm old enough to remember when the season would start basically December first. Yeah, and now UC's going to play a regular season game on November fourth. It does get earlier and earlier, but uh, you know what, sign me up for it. Man, The earlier we can get college basketball, the better. Cincinnati and Ohio State played a game last night. It's obviously an exhibition game. Dayton and Xavier are going to play tomorrow, and I think it's fun to get a glimpse of these teams in games that we can consume. You know, for years, schools would play either a competition from the Division two or Division three ranks. You know, UC used to play NKU every year when they were a D two school, or they would play a traveling club like Athletes and Action. And then in recent years and you see is still going to do this. You could play a scrimmage, but it was a secret scrimmage and you couldn't charge admission. And nobody could come and they weren't televised. I say, let's put it out there if you could raise money for somebody and give people a chance to see what these teams look like early in the season, and give the teams, you know, especially in this era of college basketball where there's so much roster turnover, give teams that have been sort of cobbled together during the offseason an opportunity to go play in a game environment against an opponent that's trying to do the exact same thing that I think. That's all and in a year where the expectations for UC are massive, I don't think they did anything last night to dissuade anyone from thinking this team as a chance to be really, really good. We saw the Bearcats look really good shooting the basketball last night. They were terrific Defensively. They turned the ball over too many times. I think the number was twenty one. That's not gonna hunt. But you saw the depth that Wes Miller has to play with, and you saw the shooting options. And let's be honest, when you think you see basketball, for all of its attributes, shooting options is typically not the first thing that comes to mind.
Speaker 4: And it did if you watched them last night.
Speaker 6: Two fan bases in the NFL have probably seen as much or more disappointment than anybody else in the league, the Bengals in the Browns. Who's more likely to be disappointed tomorrow? In Cleveland Browns fans and they should be used to the disappointment or Bengals.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if you ignore history and you ignore how the two teams have played against each other, you look at this game and go and Cincinnati is gonna steam roll him.
Speaker 4: Deshaun Watson has been historically bad.
Speaker 3: The Cleveland defense has dropped off significantly from what it was last year. They're one in five and it feels almost toxic up there. But yet, we know what has happened in recent years when the Bengals have gone to Cleveland. They've gone there with good teams and they've lost. They've gone there with bad teams and they've lost. This year's team is you know, Frankly, I think right now at least kind of in the middle, and so I expect a close game tomorrow. Look, the Browns are one and five. Last week they went on the road, they were an eight and a half point underdog. They lost by four points. I think this game is going to be a little bit more difficult than many of us would like for it to be. But I was encouraged by how the Bengals played last week because you know, Joe Burrow didn't have a great game. Offensively, they weren't awesome. But as much as he was under pressure last week, he didn't turn it over.
Speaker 4: He created a great play with his.
Speaker 3: Legs, and I think you saw the foundation on top of which a good defense can be built. They're really healthy right now, the Bengals, and that starts on the defensive line.
Speaker 4: They had a lot of options last week. They did a great job.
Speaker 3: They've got to slow down Nick Chubb, which is a lot easier said than done. He hasn't played since Week two of last year. He's going to make his twenty twenty four debut for the Browns tomorrow. And so I'm I'm encouraged, But but I'm also I'm I'm not ignorant of what has happened in recent years when the Bengals have gone to Cleveland. Come on, and so if that gives you some apprehension, I can certainly understand what you have to.
Speaker 7: Become unburdened from what has been mo.
Speaker 6: I have a great happy homecoming. All right, mon, thank you at u see's homecoming. The game right here, Mike Allen, Saturday midday, just ahead, we're winding down. We got to what about eighteen days. I think it's thirteen thirteen days, that's what I thought November fifth. I could be today's October night. That that that computes. Okay, well, when my math works, then there is something. Here's why I believe that this is not as close as we are being told, Mike. That's what the are saying now starting to it's not as close, right because Democrats who are in tough state positions are now citing with Trump on policy public it's happening.
Speaker 4: It's happened to.
Speaker 6: Democrats are running away from the Biden Harris administration like like they've got leprosy, because they do have political leprosy right now, you know, falling off. Do you think Kamala Harris would have done that interview with Brett Baer if she wasn't afraid?
Speaker 42: She was?
Speaker 6: No, No, that was you could smell the desperation through the TV. You really and uh then not showing up at the Al Smith dinner.
Speaker 7: Stupid.
Speaker 6: Oh, if she were going to get any Catholic votes a substantial number, she just blew that. Well us, you know the Democrats strident pro abortion right thing. I mean, well, she's been anti Kampolick for a long time. I don't know how much time we have, but I'll make this quick.
Speaker 7: We don't.
Speaker 6: She's on the Senate Judiciary committeeeah, and whenever a Kamplic potential federal judge comes up, I read this, she grills them on being members of the Knights of Columbus, which is a fraternal charitable organization.
Speaker 4: I don't like Catholics.
Speaker 7: What's on the show real quick?
Speaker 6: Well, we are going to talk to Kevin Burton politically, and I was going to talk about what you were talking about, the shift and polling towards Trump. Also, we've got Janis Heisel from the Epoch Times. She was at that Al Smith dinner, so we're going to get a full report from her. Fantastic Mike Allen Saturday Midday College Football today, including UC's homecoming, and we'll do the after the show show at Huddles starting at eleven a m.
Speaker 7: Come by and be served. Uner w LWD on the lookout