Speaker 1: And now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOs the Talk station.
Speaker 2: Coming up on five minutes after five o'clock. I know this isn't Brian's Thomas as if you've got to my Facebook page. Every day when I come in fill in for Brian, I post on my Facebook page a rundown of who we have on the program, and today is no different. Brian is off today. He's got his final fitting for his stretchy pants for tailor made stretchy pants for the Thanksgiving holidays, because you know, when you do that Thanksgiving dinner and you start eating, you need those stretchy pants in order to accommodate all the food. But taking a look at who we've got going on today, coming up at seven oh five, we got Flynn senior market analysts with Price Futures Group, and he's author of the Energy Report, and he has a frequent contributor to Fox Business News. He is one of the He and Ice Eyed I and an awful lot of stuff. And on this Energy Report he's always talking about what's going on in the oil markets, commodity markets, and so on. But it's so important because everything that we do everything, every business. The one thing they all have in common is energy. Whether it's the electricity to run the machines, whether it's the gas that runs your car, whether it's the diesel that runs your truck, heating oil for your home, the electricity in your home, if you work from home. Everything revolves around energy. And one of the things about what we've been experiencing as far as this high inflation rate, if all you got to do is look at the energy prices and what a barrel of oil was back in twenty twenty, when we are energy independent for the first time since nineteen forty nine versus what it is today. And so he's very knowledgeable of that. We are on the same page as far as what was going on as far as the Biden administration, their energy policy, very up to date, as far as what's going on over in the Middle East. And so yeah, I really enjoy talking to him. And then in the eight o'clock hour eight oh five, we're gonna be talking to Jeff Pierce. He is the director of broadcast and media partnership with rees Across America. We'll discuss their mission, especially the upcoming National Reefs Across America day, which is going to be December the fourteenth, and I would encourage you that between now and then sometime this morning, go on the Rees across America website. There is a place there where you can volunteer. And if you're not familiar with the organization, this is an organization that started very small out of Maine, I believe is if my memory serves me correct, and have my notes in front of me right now. But it was very small. They had some reese leftover. They decided that, well, okay, we've sold these reefs and we've got some leftover, we'll go to Arlington National Cemetery and lay them on some of the reefs of these soldiers and go to the oldest part of the cemetery and do this. And they did this a couple of years, and one year it snowed that day and somebody took a picture of it, and that picture went viral, and from that point on they just started booming. And now they have I think it's forty six hundred volunteers over millions of reefs that are transported free of charge by various truckers and so on, trucking companies all over the United States and a couple of our territories, Guam and I think Puerto Rico or what And on the one day in December this year it happens to be December of the fourteenth, they gather and lay these reefs at these various military sites in these graveyards around the country. There's one in Southgate that I've gone to in the past. I'm not going to be able to do it this year because my granddaughter's graduated from NKU and so we've got that going on that morning. But it is a great time. It's only a couple hours. And the purpose of this is they go to the oldest parts of the cemetery where the soldiers, where these are older grave markers, and the saying goes and every time I say this, I get choked up. But they say that a soldier dies twice. Once when they die they take their last breath, and the other is when their name is forgotten. And the purpose of this is the laying of the wreath. They lay the wreath and then they say the soldier of the person's name out loud, and then move on to the next lay the wreath and then say the person's name. And it is a great honor to do this. I would encourage anybody to get on board with this. Also, if you're interested in contributing, buying a wreath or sponsoring a wreath, it's only seventeen bucks. Seventeen bucks, and you can support the mission of Reese across from You can sponsor a wreath and you can actually dedicate it to a certain graveyard or somewhere near cemetery near where you live, or just do it anonymously, or just do it over the whole. And it's just a great organization. And I'm looking forward very much talking to Jeff Pierce at eight o'clock now. As far as what we've got going on today, of course, the day is Thanksgiving Eve, and I'm looking forward to well, I got to tell you, I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year, especially given the altern of the the results of the election. I'm telling you what, I have had this permanent smile on my face ever since November fifth, and especially when that race was called eventually, and what I've seen as far as the transition team is concerned, what I've seen as far as the cabinet appointments, I'm very positive on a lot of them. There's a couple that I have some question, but I kind of reserve that to see how things operate. And given the fact that they are appointments, given the fact that they are nominees and so on, if they don't turn out to be as good as they as we hope they are, there's a process of getting rid of them. And I think some of these, when you talk about surgeon General and some of these, there's some questions there in terms of, you know, this was apparently a doctor who was in support of the masks and so on. And I'm telling you, what, if we miss this opportunity, as far as Republicans are concerned, we have the House, we have the Senate, we have the presidency. If we miss the opportunity to do some good to root out some of this rot that is in our federal government. If Vavek and Elon are able to work and do their jobs and what they're appointed to do and what they hope to do, hopefully we can get rid of some of this waste, fraud, and abuse. Now I'm hearing people talk about, well, you've got one half of the budget is entitlements. You've got half of the budget. You know, you can't touch Social Security, you can't touch Medicare and so on. Well, there are ways around that, I mean there are. I'm not talking about cutting benefits. I don't think there's a Republican that I know of that is in favor of reducing benefits to the people that earn them. What we do rail against is obviously Social Security SSI payments coming out of Social Security and paying for immigrants people that haven't put paid into the system, and robbing basically us of our future. And so when you eliminate that, when you eliminate some of the bureaucracy, because we've always read all these stories about payments going out to dead people, payments going to the wrong place, especially Medicare payments. We saw how some of these stimulus checks went out, and you know, obviously that wasn't part of Social Security and part of Medicare, but it's indicative of the government. Meant that they get a bunch of money, they get a pile of money, and the bureaucracy and the bloat they wind up misappropriating those funds, paying money to dead people, duplicating checks and so on, and so to tighten some of that up, to reduce some of the bureaucracy. And one of the things I would like to see, and by the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one, eight hundred eighty two, three eight two, five, five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone. One of the things I would I would like to see is that some of these organizations, some of these departments within the federal government, they don't the people that work in those departments don't all need to be in Washington, d C. You probably need the Secretary of whatever the cabinet position is to be there to be in the Washington DC area, you're going to have small office space, et cetera. But the Department of Agriculture, for instance, maybe that should be in Kansas, Nebraska, in the farming belt of the country. The Energy Department, possibly down in Dallas or down in Texas or somewhere in the Gulf States where the oil rigs are. Department of Interior, maybe Wyoming, Montana, somewhere where there are a lot of national parks and a lot of federal lands. And Department of Commerce, maybe that could move to New York or maybe move to Chicago or some other commerce hub. The Department of Transportation, maybe that should be moved to the middle of the United States. I think the middle of the United States is somewhere around what is it, Missouri or Saint Louis, something like that, because the actual center of of the country where there's a lot of you know, a lot of transportation, a lot of movement east west, north, south, and so on, near the Mississippi River, near the confluence the Ohio and the Mississippi River, maybe that would be a good location for the Department of Transportation and the employees that work there. And so if you move those departments to those areas to different parts of the country, they're are people that are living there in Washington, d c. That have been this permanent bureaucratic nightmare there, and people that think they run the country when in fact that they are merely employees. We saw this in the trump Men first Trump administration, where a lot of these deep staters, a lot of these people thought that, hey, he's not taking my advice, so I'm going to start filtering and leaking stories to the press and so on. So moving these people or moving these departments out amongst the people to get more in touch with the people to know what their wants, needs and desires are. Some of these people from Washington aren't going to move. They'll refuse to move. Hell right now, you've got most of the people in the federal government that are still working from home. How productive is that many companies are going back to work. They're bringing their employees back, they're insisting they come back. Started off maybe two days a week, three days a week, four days a week. And you're seeing the real estate market and these downtown areas really suffering as a result of these office closures or these office people not coming back to work. You've got the restaurants, you've got the ancilliary businesses around the area that are suffering. And you've got the occupancy rates of these buildings that are suffering.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Of course, with the federal government, they just rent space and whether they occupy it or not, yeah, they're just right to check every month and it really doesn't matter because they're not concerned about their bottom line. But it's insidious to me that these people are not even in the office. There was a report. I'll tell you what. I'm running a little loong here, but I'm picked this up. On the other side of the break, I wan to talk about some of these things that we've found as far as waste fraud abuse in the federal government. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KARC The Talks five nineteen in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRO see the talk station. Danny is in today. Joe has the day off, and I'm looking forward to this because, uh, well, you know, as you can tell the bumper music, I kind of prefer the nineteen seventies and kind of that U seventies rock, you know, to me, they're in a better period of time in this country as far as music is concerned in there and so on. So uh, anyway, looking forward to hearing the bumper music. I'm sure Danny has some surprises for me along the way. Uh. But uh, getting back to what we were talking about previously. By the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one, eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Moving out the bureaucracy out of Washington, d C. And I, you know, I cannot, I cannot believe, I refuse, do I refuse to believe, or I just cannot believe anyway, this whole idea of people working from home. I don't see how people are very productive at home if they are more productive at home than they were at the office, which is some of the preliminary well at least during the first parts of COVID, what they were Preliminaryly, seeing that people were more productive being at home, my question would be, then what are they doing at work? Because apparently they weren't that productive at work, and you know, maybe too many trips or maybe hanging out to one I guess there's no water cool or anymore, but stand in the somebody's desk and chit chatting and whatever. But there's just just in the times that I've worked from home it first of all, you have a problem with you never leave work. You have even if you have a separate place, a separate office to work from, there's always that draw if well, if you're like me or like a lot of people, where you gotta maybe check that email or go in and send that one email at seven o'clock at night, or you need to check this or check that, and it seems like it's always on your mind. At least when at least I commuted back and forth to the office. And even now you have that decompression time where you're gearing up for the day. You're driving, and of course if you do it right, you don't get stuck in rush hour traffic, and even if you do, you just kind of roll with the flow, know that it's gonna either got to leave early or whatever. And in the Greater Sinsai Northern Kentucky area, unless there's a major accident, unless there's a major problem, commuting time is not that. I mean when you go into some of these cities like Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and so on and see their commuting times, they're a lot longer. I think in the Greatest Insae Northern Kentucky area, the normal commune is somewhere around twenty minutes maybe, which is not much time. But during that time you kind of gear up to get ready for the day in the office, maybe flip on the radio, listen to some music, or listen to the talk radio, which I suggest that you do, and especially a fifty five care see the talk station, but you learn some of the news of the day, You get your traffic, weather and so on. And then at night when you go home, you've got that twenty minutes or so on the way home where you can kind of do that what I used to call mental vacations, where you just kind of push everything out from the day. You try to gear yourself up so you can be the husband or the spouse that you want to be, and then the parent for your children once you get through that door and just leave all the baggage of the office behind you and then enjoy your life. And I think this work balance situation is great. Now. Some of these people, I'm sure they can work from home and it's not a problem. But we saw some studies during COVID of the Department of Justice that the lawyers the FBI or some of these attorneys working for the federal government, they were spending something like ninety percent of their time on the work day looking at porn. Now, I don't know what the hell they have as far as their overall review from management or something along those lines, but I'm sure that people that would monitor the email accounts and the searching websites for iHeartRadio. If I started looking at porn here, I don't know that I would. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here. And so if these people on the job are spending ninety percent of their day watching porn, obviously they're not well. Maybe they're not regulating this, maybe they're not creating problems for us, but they're not being very productive. Let's go to the phones real quick. Let's talk to Daniel Daniel Fitch five K see, thanks for calling. How are you? And happy Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I am fantastic.
Speaker 4: So I got a couple of things. First of all, I'm a career firefighter, so I didn't get any.
Speaker 5: Opportunities to work from home through COVID or any time for the past thirty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little difficult to put out fires from home.
Speaker 4: At the fact, right, Yeah, but I've got just a couple of positive examples of it at home. So my wife works in pharmaceuticals uh huh.
Speaker 5: And she's in the field three days a week, four.
Speaker 4: Days a week with her sales reps. She's a reachional sales director, and then every Friday it's her office day. And that woman is focused and uber productive throughout the entire day. And then I've got another really good friend who works for Northfolk Grumman as an engineer, and they hear and her husband have set up an entire she shed above her garage in Oakley and it's got all the computer monitors and she has never had an office, and she's worked there for probably fifteen twenty years. But that's a woman who gets up in the morning and goes to work, and her work is out the back door, up a couple of stairs into her she shed, shuts the door and the computer monitors are up, and she is productive the entire day. Now I'm thinking that those two women.
Speaker 6: Are quite possibly the exceptions.
Speaker 2: To the rule, but very possibly. Now, the thing with your wife is is that I'm guessing in the pharmaceutical business that she's on commission.
Speaker 7: Correct that she gets she does.
Speaker 4: It's not straight commission at all. She gets a very very good salary.
Speaker 2: Plus bonus, Okay, but the bonus her.
Speaker 4: Bonus structured based on how her eight sales are performed.
Speaker 2: So there's this incentive to make sure that she's working, you know, making sure that she's productive on her off day and her office day on this person you described as far as her she shed that I pronounce that properly, But you know, it's a it's it's kind of separate from the house. You have to go to a different place and shut the door. And I think I find sometimes when I'm working from home, there's that distraction of well, if a friend calls, or somebody a neighbor stops by, or something along those lines. But if you draw the line to where you're not having the answer your front door or for packages or something, and you're in that she shed, you're well somewhat isolated and you can concentrate on your work. And I think that's a great work balance situation of having that kind of a situation where you don't have to, you know, worry about, you know, stuff going on around the house and so on along those lines. So those are and I agree with you, those are probably exceptions to the.
Speaker 4: Rule, almost definitely.
Speaker 5: In fact, she's so isolated, in fact that because of her security clans, when when her husband knocks on the door, all the computer screens have to be turned off. He's bringing her coffee or something. It's a very interesting setup.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: He's not even allowed to stop in uninvited.
Speaker 2: Are you sure she doesn't work for the CIA, I mean pharmaceutical you know, is the pharmaceutical company there at air quotes.
Speaker 4: No, it's actually have a pretty pretty new drug.
Speaker 2: But anyway, alright, he dad.
Speaker 4: You guys all they're a very happy, uh happy Thanksgiving and merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Coming, and you have my permission on that one day to overeat because that's the one day to splurge. UH phone numbers five. I'd like to hear from some other people that have experience either working from home or people they know work from home, and what their thoughts are, uh five one, three, seven four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs. The talk station Phone numbers five to one three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one eight hundred A two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Getting up this morning. I've said this before and I just can't you know, I can't help myself, you know. I try to figure out is there a particular time of the day that I like more than others, and I really can't pinpoint it. We have this deck, and I've talked about this. It overlooks the Licking River and we can see the downtown area from our deck. I love going out there and smoking cigars, doing show prep or doing whatever I can do out on the deck when the weather permits, and it's very pleasant. I've been out there first thing in the morning, and it's got its qualities in terms of seeing the sunrise and how the sun hits the buildings downtown at different angles and stuff. Then in the late afternoon we get this western exposure, which can get kind of brutally hot out there. Let's put the shade down and you can tolerate it. I like a little heat. Sunset late at night, midnight, three o'clock in the morning, it doesn't matter. It's always just so pleasant, you know, hearing the birds and well not at night, but you hear those crickets and so on. But this morning was really pleasant, thirty nine degrees. When I got up and drove in a very little traffic, there were a lot of trucks on the road, which is a good sign that the wheels of the economy are moving. But crisp air and just a beautiful drive in and so on. So I really enjoyed it. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Bobby. Bobby fifty five KC. Thanks for calling. Happy Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Eve. I should say same.
Speaker 8: To you, myk frand happy hump today. Yes, absolutely, one thing I know for a fact that you keep files and you go back into your file cabinet and look at everything.
Speaker 2: You're out. You're outing me again. I mean yes, I've admitted to that, and much of the chagrin of my wife.
Speaker 3: I do the same thing, my friend. But what I'm calling about now is the Biden administration reissued a directive on September the twenty second. It's hush hush, and it's for the Department of Defense number fifty two forty days or fifty two to forty point oh one. And what they did they allowed the Department's offense to activate the military on special events. Now, what happened was the designation was for majorca and that has to do with the certification process. On the sixth of January and it's the first time it's ever been implemented, and it's a national special security event. Or prior to that, they've authorized the military to work with law enforcement or other agencies, and it's then it circumvents possecomo tas.
Speaker 2: Now, a lot of people don't realize that right now. Were they with it being September the twenty second and with the spoon federal regurgitators in the mainstream media predicting that Kamala was going to win. Did they think that there was going to be some sort of an insurrection to prevent that from happening, or did they know that Trump possibly was going to be win and maybe not want to transfer power a threat to democracy so to speak.
Speaker 3: Do we thank your second point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be interesting and be very interesting to see how that transpires and what that's all about. Now, again you go back to January sixth of twenty twenty one, and then of course during that certification process, the so called insurrection, there could have been a lot of things that were done differently that the Capitol Police could have had they were offered to National Guard and so on. Pelosi turned that down. That was part of a video that she was shooting with her documentary with her daughter. So this whole insurrection crap, I think is a load of crap because I'm sure you've seen that video from Tucker Carlson showing the hundreds of thousands of videos that were not given to the J six committee, and see that most people almost look like tourists in there as opposed to people that were trying to wreck things, break cat you know, knock over statues and stuff along those lines. So, yeah, it's britt up a very interesting point.
Speaker 3: They've had a couple of meetings on it. See now the Capitol Police and the police of the DC are not in charge indignation from MAJORCA. Let the Secret Service be in charge of all the capital protection. They've had two meetings on it, and I've got complete facts about it till the DC police chief was asleep at the meetings. There. It's almost like Butler again when they turned their heads the other way.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'll tell you what if if if if that is the case, And that's one of the things I'm excited about as far as this transition and what we will see after January the twentieth, is this just investigation of what the hell went on, how that was allowed to happen, Why we have not gotten any information at all on that. We've got this what's the route, what's his first name, Robert Ruth or whatever, the second attempted assassination. He's doing a media tour basically and sending letters to different axios and NBC and so on, trying to explain his actions and so on. We're not we're not out of the woods here. And I would I mentioned this to my wife the other day. Is that remember what happened in the previous administrative, first Trump administration, where you had the FBI actually doing those FISA warrants and doing the where they had the like Susan Rice and people were doing the unmasking of people in some of these investigations that were being done, and all that stuff being leaked to the press. Is that we're in for round two here again. Is there clandestine FBI investigations into the Trump Committee or something along those lines. It's going to be very interesting.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Anybody thinks that this ain't over is crazy.
Speaker 3: But I think it's the setting it up for failure and this designation from MAJORCA and I can tell you whose special agent in charge is and the meeting day they had they're set up for failure.
Speaker 2: Who's the special agent involved? Who's a special agent?
Speaker 3: His name's Eric Raymi Ryannick Cam He's a special agent in charge in this transition thing.
Speaker 2: That'll be interesting. Well, Bobby, that's some great information. I'm gonna have to look into that. I certainly appreciate the phone call. Hey, you have a happy Thanksgiving and eat way too much? Will I know I'm not supposed to give that kind of advice out, but hey, it's Thanksgiving and it's fun. A little bit late for a break here, I'm gonna take that before Danny starts us screaming at me. Five one three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station five forty five in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fits a five K see the talk stations Phone numbers five on three, seven four nine fifty five one eight hundred day two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone. Well at today being a travel day and actually the you know this year, well, I guess every year they have what they refer to as the Thanksgiving Week of traveling. We saw a lot of reports of people starting to do some of their travels beginning Sunday night, and uh then for the entire week and uh a big travel time. According to Triple A, there's going to be up to eighty million people that are going to over the course of the week, travel more than fifty miles away from home over this period of time. I'm not going to be one of them, but and I've seen some reports as high as eighty four million, So there's going to be almost what they call about a quarter of the population. Is that a third of the population, about a third of the population basically going to be out on the highways and byways, planes, trains, automobiles, and so on. So it's gonna be one of those times where if you're gonna be stuck in traffic, and obviously you want to play on your trip, accordingly, best to travel first thing in the morning or maybe late at night when traffic is down. You don't want to be traveling at midday or something along those lines, because that's when the traffic's going to be the most. But the people are going to these airports and stuff. We've been already seeing some interruptions. I think there was something like on last Sunday. It's only seventeen thousand flights that have been canceled a light load on Monday. I haven't looked at it so far today. But again, going into these airports and if you have a flight, be patient. Realize, you know, there's no sense getting upset if a flight is delayed or whatever, because you certainly want to make sure you get to your destination. You certainly don't want to go flying for the sake of flying, and because they're rushed, and you certainly don't want that plane to crash, so obviously you want to get their safe and sound. And plus if you're out on the highway, you want to do the same thing. And also, you know, kind of give a shout out to the truckers out there because as you're and celebrating there working. Now let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Larry. Larry fifty five k s. Thanks for calling, Happy Thanksgiving Eve.
Speaker 9: Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family this morning, well, thank you. I was calling in because I was listening to the news, the media last night and this morning, even our local Fox nineteen. If I'm allowed to say that we're bashing Trump already jumping on the bandwagon, He's not even an office yet and they're already ripping him about tariffs. As far as I'm concerned, Trump knows exactly what he is doing, and if everybody would stay out of the way, he could get more done for US than Biden ever did, which was nothing but take money in from China. But that's a whole different story.
Speaker 7: Oh sure, Uh so.
Speaker 9: My point I'm getting that is Trump, the last time he was in office, had the USMCA already put in place. Can you elaborate on that a little bit of why if those were already the US, Mexican and Canada trade agreements were already in place, what happened after he left office up to now as the reason why they're needed to go back and revisit this. Well, did Biden do you regulate something?
Speaker 2: I'm sure I think that some of these were done by executive order, which were all reversed. I mean, if there was an executive order that the Trump administration had put in place, first order of business was that was going to be revoked by Biden. They didn't do that with the tariffs, though they've kept most of those in place and then wind about it on the campaign trail. And when I say wine, I'm not talking about wi which I'm sure there was plenty of that consumed by Kamala Airas. But the the some of these agreements, a lot of these treaties are supposed to be passed by Congress, and quite honestly, I'm not sure if that was one of the trade agreements that was passed. There is an awful lot of flexibility that the president does have in some of these negotiations, but holding their feet to the fire and especially levying terrorists obviously that's within his purview. But what uh And and I hope that a lot of people in the administration, and I hope a lot of Republicans or conservatives. I don't care about the rhinos, but as far as US conservatives, I hope we uh listen a little bit to the media, but not give them much attention because obviously the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media are irrelevant. Mainstream media obviously nobody listened to them. The entertainment world nobody listened to them, and so they can just flap their gums all they want. And the fact that just about everything that Trump has said usually comes true. It may not be within the first twenty four to forty eight hours or even a month, week or so, but a lot of this stuff does come true. And just the mere fact of threatening tariffs. You've seen a lot of these businesses starting to talk about pulling out of China and bringing manufacturing back to the United States. We've seen justin Trudeau get on the phone with Trump and say, hey, you know, maybe we can work something out here because you're a very important trading partner of us and we want to make sure and those twenty five percent terriffs talking.
Speaker 9: And I don't mean it inter rush, but in the meantime, you got your media saying, like this morning, I heard they're throwing numbers out there saying, well, these tariffs is going to cost the average American person twenty six hundred dollars more a year. There's going to be an increase on electronics and computers. So they already are starting to scare tactic. But yet, let's talk about the inflation of all the blast flo years Biden was in there. The inflation rate has been so much more that it's greater than any tax that a Democrat that Biden could have done to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, Yeah, I'm sure listeners would agree.
Speaker 9: But yeah, you don't hear the media say that or talk about.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Larry, I'm up against the break here. I got to go, thank you so much for the phone call, and yeah, this is gonna be a hot topic and something that's got to be talked about more and more. But ignore the media because they are totally irrelevant. Uh five one three seven four nifty eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five fifty at and T WIRELDS phone Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K see the talk station five fifty five in the morning. Time for us to get act actually here for the top of the hour. But coming up we're gonna be talking a little bit about travel times and talk about uh this uh story from Triple A about rebrand itself and their gas prices and bragging about low gas prices. Well, we've got the skinny on that. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five care See the Talk.
Speaker 1: Station and now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOs the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: I'm right for six minutes after six Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. As the intro said there, I didn't after I shouldn't have repeated myself there. But anyway, it is Thanksgiving Eve, and if you went to my Facebook page, as I always do, I put out a blurb in terms of what I am, who I am going to have on and today is no different. We're at seven o'clock. We're gonna be speaking with Phil Flynn, senior market analyst, Price Futures Group, author of the Energy Report, contributor to frequent contributor. I might add Fox Business Network. We're discussing a wide range of political and energy issues from as a result of the presidential election, and as I mentioned in the previous hour, he is very knowledge when we see eye to eye on a lot of things in terms of how this energy policy in this country should work. And he's very knowledgeable as far as what's going on with OPEC plus and the energy markets themselves and geopolitical problems that we were seeing, so looking forward to talking to him. And then at eight o'clock we're we were talking with Jeff Pierce. He is the director of Broadcast Media Partnership rees Across America. We'll we talk about that great organization and of course we're talking about their rece Across America and their National rece Across America Day, which is Saturday, December the fourteenth, which is the day that all of these reefs that they distribute around the country, that those will be laid at the tombs of a lot of these soldiers, the formers, older soldiers that go to the older areas of the cemetery, because you know, as you go into some of these cemeteries, you'll notice that the newer parts of the cemetery there's always a bunch of flowers and the gravesites are well taken care of. And then you get, you know, back to the older and older part of the cemetery, you see fewer and fewer flowers, to the point where you see no flowers, no decorations, know nothing. So on this particular day they make sure they go to these sections of the cemeteries where these you know, soldiers from really as far back as the Revolutionary War in this area here, and Civil War, Spanish American War and so on, and put these reset these tombs of these soldiers, because as they say, in part of their mission, a soldier dies twice, once when they take their last breath, and then the next time when their name is no longer mentioned. And as part of the ceremony, they lay the wreath, say the person's name, and then move on to the next one. And it's really a beautiful thing to see. And I would encourage you to volunteer. Do they have place on there where you can actually volunteer. You give them your zip code and so on, and they'll set you up with a group that's in that particular area where you live. And if you are so inclined, you can also donate a wreath that you can sponsor a wreath, as they refer to it, only seventeen bucks and it's well worth it. Really a great organization. We're talking about travel And by the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five point fifty on that at and T wireless phone. Talking about travel, and according to Triple A, is gonna be about eighty million people out on the highway. I've been seeing some estimates as far as far as Hello, as high as eighty four million, which about a third of the population. It is going to be traveling more than fifty miles away from home. Triple A has announced that they're rebranding their gas prices. I don't know if you're familiar with their website, but you can actually get their national average for gas prices and so on on a daily basis. You can actually go to the individual states into your state find out what the or what the state average of gas prices are, and they have some travel tips and so on there. But they're rebranding their gas prices as fuel prices by adding ev charging rates from around the country. Now you can pinpoint on their website. Now you can go to the individual states and so on and see the national average there. But as far as this, this isn't quite as specific as it will be in the future. But as they talk about that, they will be offering those that are now twenty eight states with average I'm sorry, talking about the different charging stations. They talk about how many of their members have at least one car that's an EV. So they provide that they're also talking about as far as their gas prices that they're seeing national average and so on. There are twenty eight states which would blow three dollars a gallon. Now factored in there is Hawaii, which you would expect gas prices to be very high, California and so on, and those kind of skew the national average. But here in the Tri State, or at least in my neck of the woods, gasoline is currently is a two dollars and sixty four cents a gallon. I think I saw somewhere the other day I saw one gas station I think on my drive in that it was up around three toho nine I think. But at least in my area there is a low and it would it would behoove you to go to these apps. And I've seen a wide range of gaps in terms of almost a thirty cent difference between the highest and the lowest gas prices in the area. So there are different apps out there, and I would encourage you to use those But what's interesting is that Triple A is talking about and I've heard the newscast talking about how well you know gasoline currently the national average around three to zho six, three oh seven, somewhere in that range, which if you go a year ago that that was up around three twenty six, So gasoline is two twenty cents lower. Well, that's not quite the whole perspective there. In fact, they put on their story here national gas prices comparison twenty twenty one to twenty twenty four, and they show that gasoline right now at three oh six. On the far right of their graph is showing that at three oh six, it's the lowest at this point of the year of any of the years of the Biden administration. But if you go over to the far left of the graph and look at where it started in January of twenty twenty one, you'll see the gas prices at that time were down around two dollars and thirty cents two dollars and forty cents a gallon. And as a matter of fact, on this week this week in twenty twenty, during the Trump administration, the gasoline was at two dollars and twenty one cents a gallon, diesel was at two dollars and fifty cents a gallon. So when they brag about gas prices being down twenty cents a gallon compared to a month ago, or even to last year and so on, that is not the whole story of my friends. You got to go back to twenty twenty and look at what gas prices were back then. We are and when when I talk about earlier, the fact that energy goes across every segment of the economy, whether you work out of your car, whether you work behind an eighteen wheeler you drive for a living, whether you work in a factory and the machinery and equipment to run on electricity, whether you work in an office or here broadcasting electricity is important, and the energy prices are important as far as that's concerned. And when you look at the fact that you know, when you're talking about what has caused inflation, right there, it's energy. Right now we are paying, even at the low rate that we're paying now because I think we've been beaten up over gas prices over the last four years, we are still paying thirty nine percent more than what we are paying this time in twenty twenty. In November of twenty twenty, we are paying thirty nine percent more for gasoline. On the diesel side, we're paying forty two percent more. And you know that price, and that's thirty nine percent more per gallon for every gallon you put into your car every time you fill up your car. And so when you're talking about thirty cents more per gallon, and if you got eighteen eighteen gallon tank that adds up, that's a significant impact. And when you do that on a weekly basis, or however often you fill up, that is an impact. And diesel rigs are the same way. And so when you look at having to recoup those costs as far as these freight rates are concerned, and as far as the delivery charges with these companies are concerned, that adds to the inflation. Then you take into consideration over the last year, which is going to be interesting to see how this turns out. You had the dock workers on the western West coast that went on strike or were threatening to go on strike. They got a major pay increase. You have ups drivers that got a major increase. You have the auto workers that got a major pay increase, and you have the railroad workers. We have a looming strike, a threatening strike of the dock workers on the East Coast. You may recall the first part of October they went on a three day strike which backed up and every day that they are on strike, that backs up things for about two three four days at those ports, and about I think the number was about forty percent of what goods come into this country come in off the East Coast. And so if those docks are closed, which they're talking to, Actually the dock workers walked away from the latest contract negotiations, and that is supposed to I think they're scheduled to go on strike if they do not have any type of a contractotiated price or settlement. They are scheduled to go on strike on January the fifteenth, which is five days before Trump takes office. So it's going to be interesting to see what happens. They're demanding pay increases, and I just saw the other day that with travel this week that workers at the service workers at what is it Charlotte International Airport I have gone on strike and they're wanting a pay increase their minimum wage. They want their minimum wage up from twenty five dollars to thirty dollars an hour, and that's going to be disrupting some of the flights down there and around the country. So it'll be interesting with these travel times. I'm seeing some weather conditions and so on, So it would behoove you to pay attention to weather, know what you're getting into if you're driving, know what your flights are going to be like, if you're going to the airport, and kind of plan ahead in terms of maybe some cancelations, make sure that the flight is on time. See you know what waste the trip to the airport. And again I've talked about in the past of how if I have the option, I'm always behind the wheel. I I can't, Josh, I'm trying to remember the last time I was on a plane anyway. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, eight hundred two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five kre see the talk station six twenty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five care see the talk station More cowbells now?
Speaker 7: Is this?
Speaker 2: Uh uh? Don't fear the tariff? Is that the name of you get me? Huh uh? Interestingly enough, we were talking about tariffs in the previous hour and talking about how the media is starting to get all excited and not excited but criticizing the Trump administration, how this is going to lead to inflation and so on and so forth, and I would, you know, encourage everybody to quit paying attention to the media. We have determined that while we have learned that they are pretty much irrelevant because the broadcast journalists, or as I refer to them, the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. And I say that because you know, if you look at the it's basically just democratic talking points. I've heard people dancing around this. I just don't know why they just don't adopt what I call them, because would it would make things much simpler for the everybody to understand the fact is is that you don't have news. You know, in England and France and other countries they call them news presenters. To begin with, They're not anchors, they're not All they do is just you know, present the news. And so when you've got the news media that is basically the propaganda arm of the DNC. They're being spoon fed this information and they're regurgitating it to us. I've heard people talk about regurgitating talking points. I've heard people talk about the mainstream media just you know, do it, you know, just adopt my I coined the phrase hell ten years or so ago. Spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. They have proven themselves to be irrelevant in this past election. Nobody paid attention to what they had to say, and they got their news from other sources, although they'll say that it was misinformation. But again, they're talking about these terrofts. They're talking about the fact that it's going to lead to inflation. I think one of the callers last hour, it might have been Bobby, I think or Larry, one of the two, mentioned that the broadcast media is talking about that this could add twenty six hundred dollars a year to people and so on. Well, guess what and I mentioned and what they're leaving out of these stories when they're talking about the twenty five percent tariff on goods from Mexico or Canada, is that this is conditional on them stopping this invasion of our country of illegals coming into the country, and it was shocking to see how many are flooding in from Canada as well, because that border is not secure. We already know about the migrant caravans from the south, but these twenty five percent terroriffs are conditioned on them stopping the flow of the invasion into this country and the flow of illegal drugs fentanyl and so on. Okay, Now, over the weekend, I was watching the Ohio State game. This is kind of a side note. This is one of those areas, by the way of where my wife always says that I interrupt myself when I'm talking, So I'm interrupting myself right now. Over the weekend, that was watching the Ohio State football game, and there was a shot of the stadium there now Ohio Stadium, the Horseshoe holds about one hundred thousand people. Just look at that stadium or pictures of that stadium and it's full a capacity crowd. Triple that and that is the number of people in this country that die from fentanyl poisoning every year. Just in the last year, three hundred thousand. We've got three hundred thousand migrant children below, children that are unaccounted for, and so to stop this flow of illegal drugs and the invasion, Trump has been threatening these tariffs. Well, lo and behold, migrant caravans not reaching the boarding border, Claudia Shinbaum says after Trump threats. Mexican President Claudia Shinbaum address US President elect Donald Trump's renewed threats of steep tariffs this week, asserting that migrant caravans are no longer reaching the Mexico border. Hmmm, just the mere threat. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Mike, Mike fifty five kro see. Thanks for calling, appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving, hy, everything's giving to you too.
Speaker 9: About the fake dudes media, there's a thing on CNN.
Speaker 4: It's a late night show. I forget what it's called.
Speaker 9: But they had always have one conservative I'm on there, and they always cry about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Thot Jennings, I think.
Speaker 9: He brought up how that Twitter or x whatever call it now is almost fifty percent Republican fifty percent Democrat. And they're like, oh, we don't want to hear that. Where you get in your informations like this network, they had to think they had something earlier in the day where they showed in twenty twenty too, it was like fifty five percent Democrats thirty five percent Republicans, and now it's almost fifty fifty and that was their own network, and they wouldn't accept that.
Speaker 4: Where goes sources?
Speaker 2: Of course not, of course not. And that's uh, that is always funny when you can take their their own facts and and just shove it back in their face. I mean, you know, where did you get your well from this network? So it's great, fantastic, Mike, thanks so much for the phone call. I appreciate that's uh, that's one of those things of where you know, when you have the opportunity to shove it back, you shove it back. Uh. Seven four nine five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five K see the talk station six thirty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K See the talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Consumer confidence rises to a sixteen month high on post election euphoria. Now, what was interesting is I was looking at this and you know, usually, uh, with the Trucking Show. You may know that I do America Structing Network at on WLW midnight to one am Tuesday through Friday, and as part of that, I talk about a lot of economic news and so on. And it's interesting when you see these economic numbers that come out and give us schedule every week of what reports are going to come out. Consumer confidence was one of the ones that came out this week. And there was a flurry of economic detail that came out this week, which is kind of unusual on Thanksgiving week, except for the fact that Thanksgiving is so late in the month this year, as far as November is concerned, that all this month and information and economic data that usually comes in is coming in this week. Now, if you know, Thanksgiving was a week earlier like it has been in normal years, all of this would be after Thanksgiving and you know, after Black Friday, cyber Monday and so on. But what these economic reports. And it's interesting to depending upon where you get your news and which source you look at. There was one source that said that, well, if this was a boxing match, it would be a draw. That Republicans are euphoric, Democrats are disappointed, and that's reflected in the numbers. However, when you look at the actual numbers themselves, consumer confidence increased to a sixteen month high in November, amid optimism over the labor market, expectations for lower inflation and higher stock prices over the next year. Part of the second straight monthly rise in confidence reported by the Conference Board on Tuesday likely reflected the outcome of the November fifth election, which returned Donald Trump to the White House and gave Republicans control of the US Congress. Now they have to throw this in mind, you even though that that is probably the truth and why people are euphoric, why the consumer confidence is high. The Conference Board not attribute the improvement to the election, but noted that write in responses about politics, including November elections, surge to a twenty twenty above twenty twenty levels, above twenty twenty levels. Now, the consumer confidence at that time was not as high as it is today. Consumer confidence number that came in was where's it in here? At one to eleven point seven. They were expecting it to be in the one poh nine area. So with that confidence level being up, and you see this as far as the economy is concerned. In the trucking industry, there's a lot of companies that are looking forward to the end of a about almost a two year truck recession that they have been experiencing. So they're excited about trucking freight, trucking tonnage going up and starting to pick up. We're starting to see some activity in the construction industry where people are starting to think in terms of actually getting out and starting to reach build and of course a lot of that has to do with possibly some hurricane damage and so on. But a lot of different industries, with the exception of car companies, are really excited about what's going on. But when you look at the car companies and that they're not quite as well well, their enthusiasm is stampered by the fact that they have just jumped so in depth, i mean both feet into this mire of ev transition. Even though as a lot of people point out evs are not ready for prime time. And so when you don't have the infrastructure, when the cost of these vehicles are more expensive than conventional vehicles gas powered internal combustion engines, and the fact that they weigh more, and the fact that the charging stations and the infrastructure isn't there, and the range of these things isn't that great to begin with. So all those factors, people are not wanting EV's the way they had been. Originally. They looked as though when they first came out they're the shiny new object. A lot of people wanted to get involved in them. If you look at some of the stuff coming from Tesla, their range is getting better and better and better. Their EV truck that they've been developing looks like it has I think they said something like a over five hundred mile range fully loaded before you'd have to stop and get it charged. And so when you see these innovations, but this is not something that you can ramrod down people's throat as they've done with these cafe standards, where they basically say to these car companies that even though there's not an EV mandate out there, they say to these car manufacturers that you have to have a certain amount of miles per gallon or you will be fined billions of dollars for that. The only way with the current technology for them to accomplish that is to sell more evs, and so they have to push out more evs and sell more EV's so they can stay within those mileage standards. Lifting that as far as the regulation from the EPA, would go a long way to stimulate the car manufacturers. Ford Motor Company, in their latest earnings call, has predicted that they are going to lose five five five billion dollars five billion dollars of their shareholder's money of the investment in that com They're going to lose five billion dollars directly attributed to their all in on these evs General Motors. Let's pick this up. I've got some other information about this. Kevin Gordon by the way, five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K see the talk station six forty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fits five K see the talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. And we're talking about this consumer confidence level rising to a sixteen month high on post election euphoria and the fact that they're actually mentioning this. And you know when I talked about we had some call at a couple of callers in the previous hour talking about legacy media as they refer to it. I refer to them as spoon fed reck rigitators. The mainstream media, that portion of the media is dead. Journalism died years ago, because I would say, you know, uh, I know Sean talks about it from time to time that it died. He claims that it died back in two thousand and seven. I think it died years ago. I know as a kid, I noticed sitting there watching the New Is with my mom and she would point out some of the adjectives that were being made and kind of read between the lines in terms of what wasn't being reported versus what was being reported. And the fact at the time that you had AP and a UPI, United Press International, so you had all the news kind of filtering through basically two sources distributed to the network News and so on. And even Walter Cronkite, if you watch some of his newscasts, he wasn't unbiased. He was very biased in some of his reporting. And so the idea of journalists being unbiased. Journalism has been dead for a long time in this country, and it goes back further than two thousand and seven, but at least this time around, with this election, the broadcast media, spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media were totally irrelevant. Whatever they said. Ninety five what is it, ninety percent of the coverage of Trump was negative, ninety five percent of the coverage of Kamala Harris was positive. And even with that, with all the money that was raised by the Democrats was at one point four billion dollars outspent the Trump campaign what three to one something along those lines, and with all the positive coverage from the mainstream media that they still weren't able to push her across as a finish line because people ignored them. They knew that they were lying to them. They knew that they lied about the Russian hoax, They knew that they lied about the Hunter laptop scandal. They know that they lied about and that they have not been right about global warming. They know they were wrong about COVID. They know about all the things that the media has been telling us over the years that have been proven to be wrong, and they've turned them off. And so for legacy media now there is no anybody paying attention to them. And with that in mind, because people are independent thinkers and they're going along about their day to day business and getting their news from wherever they can get it, sometimes on social media, sometimes elsewhere talk is being a great place for them to get their news, or some of the other areas out there where there's a free flow of information. This is where people are getting their news. And the fact that these spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media keep talking about the downside of some of these picks, that how the Trump transition team isn't doing certain things, and the fact that as they talk about the consumer confidence, the fact that it's a sixteen month high, it all goes to where people are euphoric and even though they are trying to downplay the reason for this. The fact is is that people have a certain level of optimism. Consumers average inflation expectations of the next twelve months dropped to four point nine percent, the lowest since March of twenty twenty back during the first term of the Trump administration. They talking about the twenty five percent tariffs on goods is not moving the markets much because at least people are reading that and saying that that is based upon Mexico and Canada closing down the invasion coming into this country and the stop of illegal drugs coming into this country, and people are taking that into consideration. I just talked about a little while ago that Claudia what's your name, Claudia Shinbaum has said that the border is going to be secured, that these migrant caravans are going to be broken up and are not going to reach the border. Coming up, we'll be talking a little bit more about this consumer confidence because buried in here are also some comments having to do with what they're seeing as far as housing prices, how that has developed. And what's interesting is that even though the Federal Reserve has been lowering interest rates, that hasn't filtered its way down to the mortgage rates here, which is what a lot of people had anticipated happenings not happening. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K See the talk station six fifty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K See the talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Consumer confidence rises to a sixteen month high on post election euphoria. Now interesting digging into these numbers. Rise in confidence was led by consumers under the age of thirty five. Now, when you looked at going into the election, seventy nine percent of the people said that we were on the wrong track, and a lot of there's been a lot of discussion about how those under the age of thirty five, the people that are graduating from college, they have a dismal outlook as far as if their future ability to have a well paying job, as well as the ability to afford house and to get on with their adult life. But the fact that the rise in confidence was led by consumers under the age of thirty five, Confidence among consumers in the thirty five to fifty four age bracket fell slightly. It rose among all income groups, with the exception of those with annual incomes above one hundred and twenty five thousand and consumers making less than fifteen thousand. A record fifty six point four percent of consumers expected stock prices to increase over the next year. Now people are talking about impossibility of inflation and when they and they always talk about these tariffs. However, the tariffs that were in place during the Trump administration, the previous Trump administration didn't leave to lead to inflation. In fact, inflation was negligible at the best, that down below two percent one point one or somewhere there in that neck of the woods. And we would expect to see that in the future. He's got a track record, So any of this concerned about low inflation or high inflation and so on is kind of a little bit ridiculous. New home sales tumble to a two year low in October. Again, that has to do with the interest rates. Even though the FED has been cutting interest rates, that only affects the overnight borrowing from bank to bank when banks need money for payroll or for you know, to cash checks or something on certain parts of the day. They have certain days of the month where they need a specific amount of money on hand, and if they don't have enough deposits on hand to handle that, they have to borrow money from other banks or from the Fed in order to have those numbers. That overnight rate that they talk about, that four point five or whatever was it four point five to four point seventy five now something around those range. That is that overnight rate that gives them less borrowing costs of the money that they have to have on hand. But that doesn't change them as far as what they do as far as the money they land out. A lot of that money is based on what they have to pay on interest in order to get people to make deposits into their bank, and so if their costs are high on that end, which if you look the Treasury yields those are up, then these interest rates haven't gone down. Matter of fact, mortgage rates have reversed all of the clients that have been pushed them to more than a one and a half year low of six point six point eight percent in September. Mortgage rates now are up around six point seven to two percent. And you still have this situation of where they call the golden handcuffs with some people, of where if they have a mortgage that is under three percent, if they're in the two point seventy five percent range, they're not about to give that up and sell that home and move into something else. If they don't have the cash word, they'd have to take out a loan, and they don't want to take it out a higher loan because when you factor in the interest rate with a home, you have less buying power. You can afford less house when interest rates are higher like that, and in some cases that can be just in some of the stuff that we were seeing earlier with the higher interest rates could be as much as almost seven hundred to one thousand dollars more per month on your mortgage, and people are not interested in doing that. And so what we're seeing as far as new home sales tumble to a two year low. Again. Expectation of fewer rate cuts have also been strengthened by fears of resurgent inflation. But if these interest rate cuts from the Fed aren't making their way through these banks in form of mortgages, then they can keep those interest rates as high as they want because it's not going to affect mortgage prices. Home prices growth has stalled. According to case Shiller. The number of home prices in the twenty biggest US metropolitan areas lost more steam in September, buckling under the pressure of high mortgage rates and historic on affordability. And until those prices start coming down, you're going to see a lot more houses not on the market. Somewhere in here. I think what they were saying is that if you look at the number of houses on the market today, in order to get rid of that backlog, it could take up to almost nine months to do that. Coming up top the hour, we're going to be talking to my friend and friend of the show, friend of America struck In Network, Phil Flynn with Price Futures Group. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: And now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOSS the talk station.
Speaker 2: Five minutes after seven o'clock. I guess this is Phil Flynn. He's the senior market analyst Price Futures Group, author of the Energy Report, and contributor to Fox Business News. Really enjoyed reading his Energy Report on a daily basis and really gotten to know him over the last couple of years, and what insight this guy has. Welcome to the program, Phil, certainly, I appreciate you spending some time with us this morning.
Speaker 10: Good morning, Kevin. Happy Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all right, No, I'm very excited because you know, it's an oil analyst. This time of year, we look at all the people going over the river and through the woods, and we're going to see a record amount of people on the roads according to the trip Awa. So this is a big exciting time to be watching these markets. I can tell you that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what. From looking at your Energy Report on a regular basis, it's been an exciting I'm a year pretty much because because if we've got this, we had this war risk premium in there as far as hes Blob and the go and Hamas war, the houtis firing rockets, and you've got the Russia Ukraine war. We're ramping up and ramping down. And what's that doing as far as affecting the markets or concern Then, of course the election itself and whether it was going to be a status quo is what we've been experiencing over the last disastrous four years, or whether we're going to have the bright spot of the drill baby drill mentality. So yeah, I'm.
Speaker 10: Telling you, drill baby drill is back. And that's one thing Americans can really give thanks for because the road we were going down led to you know, inflation, when it came to our lack of an energy policy, it led to global instability as we see with wars around the globe. And you know, I thank god, you know that we're going to get back on track here, you know, and really focus on reality, not some kind of aspirational you know, energy policy, not you know, going into people's houses to steal their stoves. I mean, let's get back to reality. And when we do that, I think we can not only you know, empower the US economy and lower inflation, but you know, we can actually do it a better job for the environment than some of these, you know, just governments spending it crazy projects. It probably won't ever work exactly.
Speaker 2: And what we've talked about in the past is with these evs, you know, nobody can well no, I can't say nobody can fault. But the concept is a good idea until you really get to I mean, theory is always good. But when the rubber meets the road, when you start talking about the lithium batteries, the construction of those, and the fact that it's done by slave labor minds in the Congo to get the precious metals and by definition precious metals for crying out, which means that they're rare earth minerals and so on. Then you go to China and build these EV batteries and so on. They weigh more, they're more expensive, and then they're a landfilled nightmare. Then you have the charging stations, which aren't good. So it's not it's a technology. That's as you said, I think numerous times in your energy report, it's not ready for prime time.
Speaker 10: It isn't. It's not ready to replace the internal combustion engine, you know, But that's not to say, you know, electric cars aren't going to pay a play a part. They will, you know, it's part of part of the overall solution. But we have to let the market forces dictate that, right. And if you're driving your electric car and you're feeling all good about saving the environment, well you better think again, because to build one of those electric cars, you know, because of the mining for the lithium, because of the technologies that have to go into it, you actually creating with that car three or four times the amount of carbon emissions that it does to make a traditional car. So to get a break even on greenhouse gas emissions, you may have to drive that car forty or fifty thousand miles, you know, and by then you might be ready for a new car because the battery isn't holding a charge exactly. It's not ready for a prime time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's one of the things that's become abundantly clear as far as looking at this EV technology. And then when you take into consideration that the EPA, even though Phil Flynn that they don't have this of what they keep claiming, well, there's no EV mandate. Well, okay, there's no EV mandate, But if you don't have the proper mileage per fleet of what they want you to have, they will find you billions of dollars, which is not good for the stockholders or good for the company itself. So it forces them to sell more evs, which people don't want exactly, and.
Speaker 10: You get hit on the important point. And it's not just about you know, EV's, it's it's that kind of government you know, persuasion.
Speaker 6: So to speak.
Speaker 10: And she is a nice word, you know, against everybody in the industry, right, yeah, but that's what it is, and say, oh, yeah, you can drive for oil, but you know, we might come back and find you or sure, you know, invest in this oil project, but we may come back years later in at want to know what you knew and when you knew about global warming or you know, you know, did you know that this happens to be a racist pipeline? I mean stuff like that that just sighted you know, economic growth, right, and people are spending their heads saying, you know, we don't know what this government is going to come with us left. So getting back to clarity is going to be good for jobs, It's going to be good for the economy, you know, you know, I'm more excited about the energy future for the US today than might have been many many years. We have new technologies with artificial intelligence. We're going to be able to produce more oil more cleanly, We're going to be able to move it more safely, and and you know, liquified natural mass. All forms of energy, and even solar and wind can play a part, but it has to play its rightful part. It can't really replace those traditional sources of energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least not yet. And the fact that a lot of this stuff and as we've talked about before, these climbiness which again as I reiterate that that you know, this whole green technology in the green new steel has nothing to do with cleaning up the environment. It is all about government control where you eat, what you eat, how you eat, how you cook your food, where you live, how you live, what you drive, how far you can drive, and all that, which has more in common with communism than it does capitalism. I just massitude together and call it climmunism. But moving away from that and getting to it, as you talked about earlier, Phil Flynn, this energy mindset of the free markets dictating what is done, and if we're talking talking about and you hit the nail on the head as well when you talked about how if we're talking about cleaning up the environment, nobody drills for oil? Was it cleaner, safer, and more affordable than in the United States. So if we allow these other countries that don't give a whiff about their own people, they certainly don't give a whiff about the environment, and they're drilling like crazy.
Speaker 10: You're right, I mean, look at what has happened with the other rand. You know, when President Trump was in office the first time, you know, their production went down to practically nothing, right, they put the screws to the entire country, right, their revenue was down. Then of course we took the pressure off, right and then allowed Iran's exports to hit a five year high. They brought them billions of dollars. We unfroze billions of dollars to their treasury. And look how they spent the money. You know, they spent the money on creating havoc in the world, you know, supporting Hesba Lahamas to who the rebels, you know, and you know, I hate to say it was very predictable, but it was very predictable. It was and so you know, and again and this goes back to this climate misdirection, right, I mean, what's it's all about, really? Is it about saving the environment? And you know, we've spent trillions of dollars on this green energy movement, and you want to know what little secret? Greenhouse cast emissions are higher in the world than they've ever been before. So obviously what they're doing isn't working. So we didn't need to come back to to to real policies, real answers, and that's the only way you're going to have solved this problem.
Speaker 2: My guest is Phil Flyinn. Can you hang with us for another segment because I want to get into sure talking about obviously we talked about Iran, but also what's going on as far as Russia is concerned. And you know, they were on the verge of financial bankruptcy and then all of a sudden, you know, oil became their major export and they made a lot of money and they said, well, rather than making our life, Well, we'll talk about what they did with their money, and then we can talk about how much this AI is eating up as far as electrical grids coming up, So again we'll pick this up. My guest is Phil Flynn. He is senior market analyst and Price Futures Group, author of the Energy Report, and I encourage anybody to go to his site Energy Report and read that on a daily basis. He's also a frequent contributor to Fox Businesses and to America's truck A Network. So that's the best figure of a feather in his cap, I might add. Picking this up on the other side, I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the Talk station seven nineteen in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the Talk station, continuing our conversation with Phil Flynn, senior market analyst, Price Futures Group and author of the Energy Report, contributed to Fox Business Network and a contributor to fifty five KRC now and ATM America's Trucking Network. Thanks for being Thanks for being with us this morning. Phil certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 10: I'm so happy to be here in loving to be on WKRC in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yes. So, prior to the break, we were talking about what Iran has done as far as their money that they received as a result of us changing our energy policy and having more foreign oil being produced and being not being energy dominant. We saw what Iran did, but then we also see what Russia did with the money that they earned.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, and it's kind of interesting. I mean, part of the backstory of the Russian War in Ukraine has a lot to do with NATO, but it also has a lot to do with energy, because there's a huge energy component behind this. You know, in Germany and other parts of Europe, they decided to go all in on the green energy movement. We're going to stop producing fossil fuels, we're going to close down nuclear power plants, we're going to close down drilling sites, all in the name of saving the environment. But every time they did that, they played right into Vladimir Putin's hands because they became more dependent on Russia for supplies, supplies of oil, supplies from natural gas. In fact, they are so dependent on Russia for natural gas and even if when they wanted to cut them off, they couldn't do it because they freeze to death. And the last two winters they've had warm winters in Europe and they've been able to skate by without a major problem. But this winter started them off cold and we're already hearing warnings that if we get a cold winter, you know, Europe could have a major energy crisis. And if Putin decided to, he could really turn the screws. Also he'd have to do is cut off you know, production or cut off their pipelines for a day or two, and you could have a real disaster.
Speaker 2: And what was interesting is that President Trump back in was at twenty seventeen in front of the UN talked about that Germany will become hostage to the Russians if they go on this path of converting and making sure that all they're doing is buying their gas and from a liquid national gas and whatever from Russia and doing away with their coal mines and so on. And there was a famous scene where he was speaking and the German delegation we're laughing at him that look at this idiot up there talking about this and you just brought that up. They are being held hostage by Russia. How much sanctions are they going to put on Russia when Russia controls how they heat their homes and whether or not they're going to be freezing to death in the winter.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they put them in that corner you're right, and yeah, I mean Donald Trump you had to say he was a prophet. But you know, people of reason could see this coming, right, I mean, people that were looking at the numbers are like, well, okay, this sounds great, but it just shows you the screen energy movement. It's not based in science, it's not based in reality. You know, this is based in politics, because any right thinking human being would not lead their people in this precarious situation.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: And this gets back to you know, Joe Biden. You know, you know, we have wars going on all over the world, and you know he says the biggest threat to the country was climate change or the biggest extential threat to the country.
Speaker 2: You know, well, aside from trumperty.
Speaker 10: Next yeah right, well that yeah, right exactly, yes, yes, yeah, I got to watch out for the novel. You never know, he might tweet us to death.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. Well, this existential threat to the world being climate change. I mean, given the fact of the terrorism and all the stuff going on around the world, and this was the thing that he wants to hang his hat on. And you know, getting back to Europe, they've is it, am I mistaken Phil Flynn that their energy production from green energy, the solar and the wind is not producing as much as it was in the years past. Is that down?
Speaker 10: It is down? You know. In fact, it was kind of funny because, uh, there was a crisis in the UK a few months ago because the wind didn't blow. Okay, so when you start start, you know, put in your your things. It reminds me remember that old commercial leads to have with the farmer and they were talking about energy and then the wind would start and they run in and listen to the baseball game of the radio. The wind stop. They lost the baseball game, you know. Call I mean, that's that's kind of what Europe is doing, right, And you know it's kind of funny, you know. I mean when you you look at the arrogance of some of these green energy folks saying, oh, we don't need fossil fuels, we've got to stop doing it today to save the planet, It's like, well, what's your alternative to save the planet? Right? I mean, you know, your wind and solar isn't really that efficient, and you know, and it's not saving the planet because you know, these wind turbines end up in the you know, landfills. You know exactly solar panels are made with you know, toxic chemicals, and they only have a short shelf life. What are you going to do with them when they're all so you know, they don't think these things out right, They have to go back to reality. And I'll tell you this, and I'm a big believer, we're going to solve a lot of these problems using oil and gas, and we're going to be able to reduce methane because we've got new technologies coming online. The United States is forefront in the world of clean energy technology when it comes to oil and gas production. We you know, with the fracking, we've reduced greenhouse gas emissions more than any major industrialized country with that technology. And now with artificial intelligence coming in being able to do these things more efficiently and more cleanly, you know, the future looks very, very bright for US energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not a small point to point out that in the winter months in Europe, even though you know, with the windmills and stuff, wind doesn't blow much in the winter there. So you have this technology that's supposed to replace what I refer to as natural resources because I don't refer to them as fossil fuels. They are a natural resources. They're available to be used that if the wind's not blowing, you're not going to get that the wind turbines. And then you talk about this AI and we start seeing some of these complexes where this artificial technology, artificial intelligence that some of these complexes are taking as much electricity as small cities are taking, just in a small confined area. So the electrical grid is going to be pushed, and there's going to be this need for you know, other things other than this green technology that they're pushing.
Speaker 10: You're absolutely correct, and listen that, you know, when you know they Buiden administration want to say green energy jobs are the future. We're going to create a million green energy jobs. Where are the jobs? Where are the jobs? Because they missed the mark. The future isn't building electric cars. Okay, that's not it. The future is building up these data centers and these power centers for artificial intelligence. Right. You know, it kind of reminds me of the old commercial you know Biden was pushing, you know, the eight track. Hey, this is a new technology. We're sell our money at eight tracks, you know, you know, instead of computers. Right, yeah, computers were the future. You know, It's like no, I mean he was investing in the wrong technology. I mean the when you go back in future and say, hey, you know, was the future economy or economic growth based on electric cars or was it artificial intelligence and data centers? You're going to look back and look at the electric car investment. It was like investing all your money in an eight track, Right, It's going to have a limited shelf life. There's going to be newer technologies that are going to replace it. So you're you're barking up the wrong horse, you know. And that's why the government sometimes is the worst person or the worst group of people to be making these decisions, because they're more often than not wrong. That's why we need to encourage the free market to do these things, not some government bureaucrat that doesn't understand how things actually work well.
Speaker 2: And you hit a good point there too, as well as if you've got these bureaucrats that aren't used to the private sector, if they have no real world technology or real experience, and they start listening to some of these climiness and listen to some of these theorists talking about how this can work, and they start implementing that without saying, Okay, what are the unintended consequences? What can we do and what can we not do and what will work and what will not work, instead of looking at the business community to answer some of those questions. If they do this on their own, they're destined to failure. And it's just nuts.
Speaker 10: So and that's what we suffer the last four years. I mean, you know, nameing somebody in the Biden administration that actually worked in the oil and gas industry exactly, or the nuclear industry. No, I mean our Energy secretary Jennifer Grenholm seems like a very nice lady, but my gosh, she didn't even understand some of the basic questions about oil production and how much we produce on a daily basis. Huge learning curve, and that's what happens when he started putting, you know, people making decisions, you know about a big part of the US economy with little or no experience. You're going to get, you know, what you pay for him, and God was pretty much a disaster and a waste of a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Fantastic Phil. I really appreciate Phil Flynn been my guest senior market analyst. Price Futures Group, author of the Energy Report. I encourage people to subscribe to that and read that on a daily basis. Also contributed to Fox Businesses. I can't thank you enough for spending time with us. Have a happy Thanksgiving, my friend you.
Speaker 10: Too, my friend God. Blessings to you all and everybody listening.
Speaker 2: All righty, take care. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five care see the talk station seven thirty three and the more actually coming up on seven thirty four in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K see the talk station. Open up the phone lines here five one, three, seven four, nine fifty one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five point fifty on that at and T wireless phone. Even with all this optimism, we're seeing the the consumer confidence level going up. We're seeing construction industry kind of peeking out and saying, well, things are starting to look good. We're seeing in the trucking sector we're seeing uh, people being optimistic. There. The only seems to be the dark spot on the economy right now seems to be our auto industry. And that is kind of as we were talking about with Phil Flynn earlier in the previous segment, in the previous half hour, that a lot of this is self inflicted, well self inflicted to a certain extent of kind of jumping in a whole hog or both feet. But all so, these EV mandates or this this fuel mileage mandates from the federal government, that the energy that the car industry have not pushed back on hard enough, because when you tell a fleet that you have to have a certain amount of mileage per gallon, and that mileage per gallon can't be gotten by with the current technology that forces you to sell more evs, that forces you to sell more evs and produce more evs which people don't want and are sitting on the lots I mentioned I think earlier in the day that Ford has lost predicted to lose about five billion dollars. And until these car industries can get a little bit of help, hopefully from the Trump administration on these EV mandates and so on, I think the car industry when don't I see the other day that the new car average average monthly payment is like seven hundred dollars a month folks, that's insane. That's a uh, that's more than some people's house payments. Anyway, we'll pick this up on the other side. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs DE talk station seven thirty nine in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr se DE talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Hey, nothing says happy holidays like the McRib Yeah, just in time for the holidays. Mcribb is returning to men us this holiday season, but don't get used to it. McDonald's announced Wednesday that's the famous boneless pork patty sandwich will be available again starting to December the third, but as always little and be for a limited time. Now. This is one of those moves, and I I have to say, this is a product of McDonald's that I've never tried, so I'm not speaking from experience here, so I'm not really sure what all the excitement is. I know a lot of people love the McRib and apparently it's very popular. But again we're seeing some of this bid for nostalgia. We're seeing Taco Bell bringing back some of their original fan favorites.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: I know my wife was excited when they talked about their uh some of these additions to their menu items that we're going back to previous type of And so we went and got those and she said, not quite what she remembers them to be. And when you're talking about nostalgia with some of these things, it's it's like, you know, if you're if you're trying to do something from a and I love that. I guess it's the new phrase now that it's not uh it's not fast food restaurants, it's it's quick servis restaurants. I guess is the new politically correct term. When you roll something like this out, it gives well, it gives it free publicity. I mean, obviously they're not taking out ads and here somebody like me is talking about it. You've seen it on some of these other networks and them talking about it, so it creates a certain amount of excitement. The additions to the Taco Bell menu that saw some activity there. Starbucks a few years ago when they ran brought out average foot traffic for all locations increased by twenty six percent a few days after the arrival of their limited edition holiday drinks in twenty twenty two, according to Location Analytics. Again, if you were talking about foot traffic, if you're talking about something that draws some ears or some foot traffic into your stores by announcing some of these things, and of course media picks it up and they talk about it. But it's interesting to see how this pans out again stoking the hype and getting people into the stores. But again, if you don't follow that up with something that is good, can't you know, don't know what to say? Well, I do you know what to say? People won't show up. Now. If you notice there's a couple of other outlets that around the fall, there's the pumpkin spice latte and stuff that I have to say, I always look forward to that at speedway gas stations. It's probably not good for you, it's probably I don't know, but I know it tastes good, so I like it. And usually that doesn't hang around. I've seen in the years past where it was like that appeared in September and then by the end of October it was gone. And I'm happy to see that it is now carried on into the Thanksgiving season that it's available still at some of the stores. I guess my complaining to corporate over the last dozen years or so about hey, why don't you have this around longer is finally paid off. I'll take the credit for it, if you don't mind, but probably not. It was probably a marketing decision on their part. But you know, it's you know what you see in Hollywood too, when you it seems like they've run out of ideas. They're revamping, they're dusting off certain movies and doing you know, number four, number five a sequel. You've seen this in Hollywood as far as the television series are concerned. But you've got to have something behind that. You just can't have the hype of trying to return to the nostalgia without making putting some how, should we say, meet on the bone that would not only draw people to your product, but then also keep them there going forward, because you're providing a product at a good value and available for people. But you know, when you start looking at some of the prices at some of these fast food restaurants and you see what's going on as far as food price is eating out. That's one of the things that a lot of people are just sticker shocked over. We had the lockdowns during COVID, and people, as far as their economy is concerned, once things opened up, they started going out and trying to enjoy concerts and plays and all kinds of activities away from the consumer goods. But then when we started getting hit with inflation, and we started seeing these nine point one percent inflation rate in June of twenty twenty two, and with gas prices being high, energy costs being high adding to the inflation amount of where you're seeing inflation up around two and a half to three percent, depending upon how you look at that. When your own individual economics with the stuff that you buy are up considerably, and even though the market basket might be at a level, it's the specific items that you buy that if those items are up tremendously, that's going to affect your budget. And so when you find a situation where you're living paycheck to paycheck, where your paycheck doesn't go as far as the month is concerned, that's where these things start kicking back. And then with inflation, when you see the prices that are being experienced in these restaurants over the last year, year and a half, people are even starting to back away from that because it's just too expensive to go out and eat sometimes. And of course, you know, when I look at it from my standpoint, I'm lucky. I live at the best restaurant in the world. My wife when she makes stuff around the house, it spoils it. You know, you have a dish that's made at home and you're not going to order that out because you know it's not going to be as good. So you know, we've got to get this inflation under control. And it's arts with energy five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five kr see the Talk stage seven fifty one in the morning Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five krs the Talk station. You know, now that Kamala is off of her vacation and the post mortem of her campaign, there were a bunch of videos yesterday having to do with some campaign workers that were talking about what happened. I think it was U pod Saves the World, and I'll tell you what, it looked like a hostage situation. This guy, whoever the host was, looked like he was just it just I don't know what. It looked like he was in a coma as all these people were talking about what went wrong and how all the stuff that they did right and they're still not sure how everything. And then Kamala comes out with this. It was some nine minutes or so of a bizarre to be quite honest, in terms of I guess it was a conference call. Tim Walls was part of it, and it was just weird. And here here's just a little taste of it.
Speaker 11: I just have to remind you, don't you ever let anybody take your power from you. You have the same power that you did before November fifth, and you have the same purpose that you did, and you have the same ability to engage and inspire.
Speaker 2: What And if you watch the thing, there's a lot of people on line that said, you know, was she drunk? There's a lot I mean, when you really look at it, and if you're looking at it on your phone. When you look at the way she's talking, it does seem like she's not that she's consume some alcohol or something else. And it almost reminded me of somebody who does a video that talks about to an ex boyfriend or you know, you know I'm so good and you know you've dissed me and so on, and you're not going to take my power away from me. And Tim Walls got on there and said some weird things as well, and it was just, you know, sometimes it's best not to say anything rather than say something. And what I find interesting is that I thought Donald Trump was an existential threat to democracy right after the election. The Wednesday after when it was confirmed he gets invited to the White House, Joe Biden, the General Millie was on a talk show, was on stage with some hosts and said, ah, you know, even though he said that he was that Donald Trump was hitler that ended democracy as we know it, he said, everything's gonna be fine. Then of course you got Joe Scarborough and Mika Brezinski going to mar A Lago after them talking about how existential threat to democracy and Joe Scarborough saying, if you don't understand that this man is dangerous, then you're stupid and all this sort of stuff. And yet they go there to, I don't know, say that we're going to start opening a dialogue with him. Unbelievable. And now Kamala Harris because Donald Trump was an existential threat to democracy and they paid Oprah Winfrey two point five million dollars and she said that this is a fairy. Don't sit this one out. If you don't vote now, you may never ever be able to cast a ballot again. Now if Kamala Harris is talking and has announced it possibly that she's going to run for president again in twenty twenty eight, well, I thought there weren't going to be any elections. So everything that they told us, everything that this spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media was telling us for the last year, was an absolute lie. Coming up, we're going to be talking with Jeff Pierce. He is with Reese Across America Radio Network and we'll be talking to him about the recent Across America event coming up on de Summer the fourteenth. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five K see the talk.
Speaker 1: Station And now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six minutes after eight o'clock. My guest is Jeff Pierce, Director of Broadcast Media Partnerships RECE Across America. Welcome to the program. Jeff certainly appreciates you spending time with us this morning.
Speaker 7: Kevin, thank you for your support of our mission. To appreciate you having you, having me on. This is becoming a tradition for us.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, Yes it is. And by the way, happy Thanksgiving to you and do you for people that may not be aware of this. Tell us about Reese Across America.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you for asking me that, because I love to start with explaining what our mission is, because fifty percent of my conversations every day are I don't know what Reads Across America is. So Reads Across America is a national nonprofit that honors veterans on National Reads Across America Day, as proclaimed by Congress. This year will be December fourteenth. This year, we will be in four thousand, nine hundred plus locations and growing, by the way, where we will honor a veteran with a veterans with fresh Balsam Remembrance READS, and it is our mission for our nonprofit is to remember the fallen, honor those who's all who serve, and teach future generations the value of freedom. So obviously the remember the fallen is laying the wreath in these forty nine hundred plus locations. You can learn more about that at Reads across America dot org. And last year we honored just three million veterans nationwide, all fifty states and overseas and Guam and Quantanamo Bay, Cuba. So where this giant national nonprofit that is in all these places. We're also a very small organization, so we rely heavily on volunteers to help us fulfill our mission.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if somebody wants to volunteer now in these different cemeteries around the country, you can actually go on line and specifically pinpoint where you live or what's near you, and you can sign up and volunteer to be one of these people that show up and distribute these wreaths on December fourteenth.
Speaker 7: That is correct. You know, we would love it if you would sponsor a seventeen dollars remember It's wreath. But if even if you just want to give the treasure of your time. You've got to reads across America dot org. And since the last time we spoke Kevin, we've improved our search functionality so people should be able to easily find a location near them, and with over forty nine hundred locations, I'm confident there is one near you now.
Speaker 2: When I signed up, I was amazed at how quickly it seems like I know, no quicker put in my information within about five minutes. It seems somebody contacted me from the local chapter and was able to talk to them and get all set up up for the first time that I participated in this event. That and I got to tell you it is a very, very rewarding experience to be able to be there, to experience this, the camaraderie of the people that are involved, as well as doing something for the fallen soldiers. And a lot of these are in at least in my area. It was areas because of the amount of reefs. And we would love, obviously, we would love and I would love to see the organization be able to put a wreath at every veteran's grave, but currently with limited resources and stuff, they go to the oldest section first, to remember the fallen that are no longer remembered.
Speaker 7: You're absolutely right, Kevin. So with some locations that happens, right, we don't get enough coverage and enough refs donated or sponsored to cover the entire location. So we have to make a choice, right what who who gets covered in that location. And the important thing is that a lot of these locations that don't have full coverage, they're still going around to all of the markers for the veterans, and they are saying their name out loud, right, because there's there's an expression you die twice, the first time when the last breath leaves your body, and the second time when no one has spoken your name. So the idea here is to ensure that these veterans get get remembered, especially around the holiday season. Right. We always do it the same, not the same exact date, but the same Saturday, the second Saturday in December. Right, So December fourteenth is National Reads Across America Day, and and and we do it at that time because it's an opportunity for families to come together and remember their loved ones. I go to a lot of Gold Star Mothers conventions and they gather around the moms the headstone for their loved one, and and and spend time during the holiday season with their loved one that's no longer with us, and they've they've made the ultimate sacrifice right for our nation. And we want to make sure that those men and women get honored, and all men and women who have served get honored, not just here in the United States, but also overseas. Right we're expanding our mission overseas. The goal of the organization is to honor every veteran of the United States military, and at some point we'll get there. You know, A three million last year was a great start, and every year we sustainably, sustainably grow and people can can learn how to help at leads across America dot org uh and and like you said, I mean, even if you've just ball interior time to lay the wreath and say that veteran name, it's so important for that to happen now.
Speaker 2: At least in the location I was at, it was about a two and a half three hours section. You got gathered in the morning to get together and kind of plan what's going on, and get all the reefs loaded up, go to the cemetery around the corner from where the site was, and there was a ceremony at the end that was honoring the fallen and it was about two and a half hours out of my day. And I think that's the least we can do for our fallen soldiers. And Jeff Pierce, I am so glad that you said that line about when a soldier dies twice. I get choked up every time. I can barely get it out of my mouth. And when you said it, I got chills up and down my body because when you think about that, when you think about how you go into these cemeteries, and especially the fallen soldiers, the people that give in their life's blood for this country, for the freedoms we enjoy, and the fact that over the time people forget their families move away, the families die off and those people are no longer remembered. And the mere fact that somebody shows up put a wreath on the grave says their name, It's truly a tremendous honor. And with almost every wreath that I laid that day, the days that I've done this, I get a chill every time I do that. And it is just a fantastic organization and a fantastic event. And as you say, if you can show up and volunteer, there's a place online where you can do that. Also, if you can seventeen dollars to sponsor one of these wreaths, is what a couple of Starbucks coffees for crying out loud?
Speaker 7: And are we allowed to talk about your other job here, Kevin on this station? Your other job sure, absolutely, so, very heavily. I'll just say it this way. You're heavily involved in transportation, right, yeah, And so we'll put it that way. So the transportation industry a huge part of what we do. We can't do it without our trucking industry, right, So this year we're looking at over ninety five percent of our reefs that will be transported that transpo will be donated. That's trucks, drivers, fuel, cross docks, intermodal, the whole nine yards donated this year thanks to the trucking industry.
Speaker 2: Now, the trucking industry itself, I have never seen a well, there are groups, but they are some of the most giving and so much patriotic group of people that I've had the pleasure of being around. And the amount of learning about this organization race across America and the amount of time, the amount of energy, the amount of fuel, the amount of just gearing up the big rig and being the person that delivers these raies is a monumental task in and of itself, and the amount of time, fuel and energy that's done with that is just a tremendous.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, and the transportation industry has been with US Saints day one. This organization started in nineteen ninety two as a private family donation to the get special permission from a state senator to laiden reefs at Arlington National Cemetery. And it was just one truckload, and one truckload is about five thousand, and last year we laid over three million. So if you think about ninety to ninety five percent of that transportation being donated, that's a lot of truckloads. And we can't are without our truckers and a lot of Medicans in the trucking industry that, you know, one of one of one of the I don't like to make people cry, Kevin, but to see a truck driver break down into tears because they are so emotional about hauling that load of wreaths because of you know, because of you know their life experience. We've had some a gults, our dads hauling hauling loads, or or you know, veterans that have have lost friends and family. They it just means so much to people to be able to do this and and to make sure that their loved one is honored, and you know, and to honor your loved one is if you have someone you've lost, it's breaths across America dot org. Uh and you can ask specifically in a lot of locations to make sure that that wreath goes to their their headstone or marker.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, my guest has been Jeff Pearson. Jeff, I know you've got to get out of here, and uh, I certainly appreciate you spending some time with us today. And again it's reesecross America dot org. You can go on there. It's a great website. You can volunteer, and if you can't volunteer, if you can't take the time, please consider the seventeen dollars sponsoring of a wreath for a fallen soldier. It's pretty much the least we can do for them and for their memory. Jeff, again, best to you and happy Thanksgiving and we'll be talking very soon, I'm sure before mid American Trucking Show. I'm sure.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Kevin. And thank you again for always looking for a ways to support our mission. And Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and your team.
Speaker 2: All right, you take care of have a happy Thanksgiving. Jeff Pierces, Director Broadcast Media Partnership Reese Across America. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC the talk stations in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KROSEE the talk station. You know the problem of having music bumper music that you really like, you kind of want to let it go a little bit longer than you should going into and out of segments. So but again, Danny doing a great job there with the music this morning, certainly appreciated. I saw, let's sell. I'll tell you, well, let's go to the phones here, uh by the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one, eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone to the phones. We go, Ken fifty five Kerosee. You're on the air. Thank you so much for calling, and Happy Thanksgiving to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm happy Thanksgiving to you, Kevin, and to everyone out there. One of a great share. And one of the things I wanted to mention was the fact that the nine million Biden Democrat voters that disappeared when it came to voting for Kamala and so no one has ever dealt with that. I mean, Kamala had I think seventy four million maybe and he had maybe eighty one or so.
Speaker 2: We believe that number.
Speaker 6: Well, see that's why I said. That's why I said they disappeared when it came to voting, because if you, my son and I, we actually look at the chart from twenty twelve, from twenty twelve on up and and the spike in twenty twenty was just totally off the charge it was, you know. So anyway that I've asked that to many Democrats. So that's one thing that you do well real quick. The other thing, one thing that I've been pushing for is to reduce student loan rates to two percent since Obama took it over. Instead of keeping the rates of six percent, reduce the student loan rates to two percent across the board and have all the payments go to the principal first, so that will reward the people to pay their loans off early in full amount. And and and I think that's doable. I've been pushing that. Send something to UH about then and hopefully that and UH locally UH in Cincinnati coming up, they are really going to try to take another attack at the water work. So they're going to try to privatize that, take that from a public entity as we know it to a one that's controlled by a private board similar to the railroad, and then they're going to use that. So that's coming down the pipeline and they're going to do the same.
Speaker 2: Where do where do you stand on that? Forward? Against it?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm one hundred percent against that. You know, politics, Some say politics is a privatization of the public assets. So if you've got money making public assets and you can somehow divert the income over from the public treasury to a private entity treasury, that private entity is the one that's better off. And the public tres treasury has never relished right and parking.
Speaker 2: And I think and I think what we see is when you turn over that responsibility another agency may be able to do it well. It should be with some oversight, and you should have people in these areas that understand the business and operate within the confines of the city or the county as far instead of privatizing all this stuff. Because again, the whole concept of government is we hire a government to do for us collectively what we can't do individually, and so the entities, the individual governments, having the responsibility to do that and to do that in an expeditious fashion is the way to.
Speaker 6: Go well, definitely, and something as major as the water works that is primary. I mean, you can't get any more major life blood than that. So that's why that's coming down the pipe. And I just want to kind of give people poly via type of warning to be on the lookout for that because they're gonna have some very popular people. The same way they did the railroad, they're gonna do that with the waterworks. And that's coming up within the next I say, six to nine months.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good, great, And at some point in time we're gonna have to because I've put my accountant's hat on, because as you know, I'm a recovering accountant, and I took those numbers back to nineteen sixty as far as the elections are concerned, and I'll share that with you at some point in time and see the big spike in twenty twenty for that missing nine million voters that were supposedly out the phantom voters that were out there.
Speaker 6: They just flat out disappeared. Yes, hey, you have a great one.
Speaker 2: You do the same, Ken, Thanks so much for the call. Nine million voters suddenly disappearing five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and t wireless. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs The Talk Station, eight thirty two in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the Talk Station. By the way, if you voted for Donald Trump, do you realize that you're uninformed about reality? So says Alec Baldwin, and those sentiments were shared, I believe by Sharon Stone. I think she said that basically that people were uninformed, that they were misinformed, that they didn't have a full grasp on the news, and that Alec Balden basically said that people weren't very educated. Really, Okay, well, let's go to something here that I thought was rather interesting. Alec Baldwin let me see, attended Georgetown or let me see. From nineteen seventy six to nineteen seventy nine, he attended George Washington University. In nineteen seventy nine, he lost the election for student body president and received a personal letter from former US President Richard Nixon, with whom he had a common friend, encourage him to use the LASS as a learning experience. Afterward, he transferred to the Tish School of the Arts of New York University, where he studied and so on. Did not get his degree. Now, he started his acting career in seventy nine nineteen eighty thereabouts, and it wasn't until nineteen ninety four that he completed his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree at NYU. So this makes him an informed genius. I suppose in terms of political content, economics, all kinds of information, as far as the stock market is concerned, business, technology, energy production, and so on, and that we merely are just the roobs out here, that we are uninformed. Now, I wonder I went online and I was looking at some stats, and if you start a degree and you stop, those credits, depending upon most institutions, don't last unless I mean, you can start in college and you can work towards a degree, and you can take one class, then another class, and you can complete this over a t but as long as you're showing steady progress, but where you have a gap of fourteen years, I'm not sure that those credits can continue. So this was probably a gift to him because of his notoriety. Sharon Stone, on the other hand, she dropped out of college for a modeling career and then, being inspired by Hillary Clinton, went back and got her degree in twenty sixteen. So I guess as of twenty sixteen, she is now informed. And we are the idiots out here unbelievable how ignorant these people are, and what they call the Dunning Krueger effect, which means that you don't have enough. See, in order to be stupid, you have to have a certain level of intelligence to realize that you're stupid. These people don't even have that. The Dunning Krueger effect is basically somebody that thinks they're a heck of a lot smarter than they actually are. And they have a bigger idea of their worth and their intelligence. And unfortunately, in this case this applies to these two UH phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and tire from Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station eight thirty nine in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K see the talk station. Hey, is it too soon to be talking about the peace dividend from the election all of a sudden? Isn't it interesting that their talks about there was some talk a couple of weeks ago about Iran kind of ramping down their nuclear energy or their nuclear weapons program. Now that was only for a couple of days, and there's that was kind of one of those things that was leaked out but then backed off. But you wonder if some of that hasn't been leaked out on purpose. We have, you know, because of Iran being state sponsor of terror and the fact that their oil exports and their oil revenues came in dramatically as we talked about with Phil Flynn earlier in the program, that the oil revenues that they got that was they they were on the verge of bankruptcy during the Trump administration because they weren't making enough money from their oil. But with the billions of dollars that they've received since a Biden administration came into office and the money that was released to them UH Front that had been held in UH that was was embargoed against them, all of a sudden, now they're flushed with cash and they can afford to state sponsor of terrorism through Hesbealah Hamas and the Uti rebels and uh yeah, Uti Rebels in what is it yelp, yelp and whatever. But anyway, so we got these terrorist attacks happening as a result of these satellite groups or the space with ran funding all of a sudden, just yesterday, it was announced on Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon, Biden announced that there was a ceasefire and agreed to between Hesbelah and the Israelis so that the missiles that are firing into Israel into the northern part of Israel from Hesbelah will cease and the one hundred or the fifty thousand to one hundred thousand Israelis who are currently refugees within their own country because they've had to evacuate that area because of the number of missiles coming into their country. They are able to move back home, and Donald Trump on the campaign trail said that he was going to be that he was going to make sure that there was peace brought to the Middle East. Now, either you do, and I guess hopefully, is this a peace dividend? Is this something that they said, Well, we don't want this forced on us. We want to at least have some rooment negotiating table. We don't want to be wiped out by Israel. And we want to because as you've seen over the last several months, if you're a Hesbeal a leader, or you're a Hamas leader, your days on this earth aren't aren't very good, aren't very numbered, I should say, so if you have these threats that you're going to be wiped out instead of an administration that is kind of kind of not very I mean, yeah, they're supportive of Israel, but not as supportive as Donald Trump was during his tenure as president. And if you have somebody that's got Israel's back, then maybe you want to get to the negotiating table. And this is part of the peace process that they're exploring. This is big news and I don't see it being talked about very much. I mean, this has been ongoing and there have been refugees within Israel from the fifty to one hundred thousand people that have had to vacate their homes. Israel finally said after they attacks by Hamas on October the seventh of twenty twenty three, enough is enough. We're not putting up with these And you know, Israel is a country and look on a map, do yourself a favor. Look on a map. Israel is about the size of New Jersey. And can you imagine the state of New Jersey taking over one thousand missiles fired into it from hostile neighbors New York, Connecticut, any of these countries around them being fired in there with them just sitting back and taking it and not saying that, you know what, We're going to go attack these people and put them out of business. And this is what is going on in Israel. Yes they've got the Iron Dome, Yes they have the ability to shoot down most of these missiles being fired into their country, but sometimes some of them do land and cause injury and death. And so when you have this being israel Is saying enough is enough, We're going to stop this terrorism and go and attack these people. Then all of a sudden, the world community says, oh, well, what about the collateral damage? And I was talking to somebody the other day and they talked about how many Palestinians have been killed in Gaza. You know, in the Jewish community and Jewish religion and in Islamic religion, you are supposed to bury your dead within twenty four hours of their death. And when if you notice that during the Hamas attack, a lot of these bodies were dismembered and the body parts were thrown out in the you know, on the ground and kicked around and actually transported away from the area. So those bodies necessarily couldn't be buried until all the body parts were assembled, or at least the majority of them were assembled. But again, if you've got forty thousand people of these Palestinians that have been killed, where are you know, if you hit an apartment complex and supposedly one hundred and thirty people have died, all right, you got to bury those within a day or so. But why don't they line up the bodies and say, look what these cruel Israelis have done. They claim that there's been forty thousand people that have died, citizens, innocent people, But where are the bodies lined up? We're accepting numbers, and the world community is accepting numbers from a terrorist organization, a propagandist organization, and an organization that has provided terror to the people that they're supposed to be overseeing and governing. So are there forty thousand deaths over in the Gaza or they've been lying to us as well. And the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media provide the narrative five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred, Day two three talk one eight hundred day two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station. Eight thirty one in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thommas fifty five K see the talk station. You know, as we wind up this Thanksgiving Eve show, I just want to say how much I want to give thanks to the fact that I have a great family, have a great wife, and I certainly appreciate all the blessings that have been bestowed on us. I thank for the friends, I think, the fact that we have the potential of this this incoming administration. I'm thankful that the voters of the United States saw it in their best interest to vote somebody in that has their best interest at heart as well. I want to finish the story. You know, we're seeing all this post mortem about the election and all these comments, and all of a sudden, we're seeing a lot of comments by James Carville. You know, when you talk about somebody's claim to fame of basically handling Clinton's election, and really, other than being a political commentator, he hasn't really been all that brilliant up to this point. And the thing that bothers me the most is that the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media actually give him any credit. I thought we went through this, whatever happened to the me too movement? Believe the woman, you know, James Carville was the one with the drag, the one hundred dollars, you know, with Paula Jones when she was making the accusations against Bill Clinton, drag one hundred dollars Bill through a trailer park and there's no telling what you will find. Isn't that one of the most demeaning things that you can possibly say about a potential accuser That eventually Bill Clinton was fined and found out that he lied about the sexual encounter and then of course lied about his liaison and his sexual acts with Monica Lewinsky. I mean, for crying out loud and this guy actually has a platform where he can actually talk about his ideas. But anyway, I just wanted to get that out one of the final thoughts. But again, I do want to say again how thankful I am for being able to spend time with you guys this morning and all the phone calls and the guests Phil Flynn with Price Futures Group and Jeff Pierce with reesecross America. Again, if you have an opportunity, check out reesecross America their website. You can go online and donate, or you can donate a volunteer your time on December the fourteenth for the laying of these wreaths at these gravesites and of course, seventeen dollars for these reefs to be able to sponsor one of these wreaths for crying out loud, and you probably spend that on a couple of cups of Starbucks coffee or whatever. So it's a very worthwhile cause there is a lot of over there. There is a lot of overhead that has been donating, as Jeff pointed out, a lot of these and a lot of people in the transportation industry volunteer a lot of their times to get these wreaths delivered because it all comes out of one location in Maine and it gets distributed to these thirty nine hundred different graveyards around the country. Well, folks, when we're up against the clock here, time for us to get out of here. Glenn Beck comes up later on today or right after the show, and certainly appreciate spending this time with you, and I hope everybody has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. If you're going to be out on the road, make sure be aware of the fact that there's going to be a lot of traffic out there and plan ahead. Since you're not rushing. The key idea is to get there. You don't necessarily have to get there on time. You want to get there in one piece and want to get there safely, so everybody have a blessed and a happy Thanksgiving. And especially if you want, if you want to reduce your Christmas list, giving present gifts, talk politics at Thanksgiving, that'll cut your licks list down. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five karas the Talk State